VAccess restricted to Stanford unless otherwise noted
- Vancomycin & aminoglycoside pharmacokinetics Calculator
- VBASE DatabaseA database of manually curated human immunoglobulin variable (V) sequences derived from the literature.
- VBASE2 DatabaseA database of germ-line immunoglobulin variable (V) sequences automatically extracted from Ensembl's mouse and Homo sapiens genomic databases.
- Vector NTI suite Analytical Tool, SUNet ID login and CMGM/PMGM computer account are required to download the softwareVector NTI is a high-powered yet reasonably easy to use tool for creating cloning vectors.
- Ventilation index [calculator] Calculator
- Very low density lipoprotein (VLDL) STAT!Ref
- VISTA Analytical ToolSuite of programs and databases for comparative analysis of large genomic sequences, including for comparative genomics.
- Vital capacity STAT!Ref
- Volocity Analytical Tool, SUNet ID login and CMGM/PMGM computer account are required to download the software3D imaging and reconstruction image analysis software for Life Science research; provides suite of tools for 3D image acquisition, volume visualization, restoration, publication, and object measurement, tracking and charting; Mac and Windows OS.
- Volume of distribution of urea STAT!Ref
Shortcut to Licensed Content
Bookmark on other websites
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Links” (IE7) or “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
- Once installed it will look like this
- Click "Bookmark on Lane" to bookmark any webpage
- Your saved bookmark will appear on this page
What is it?
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) gives you access to resources licensed by the library even when you're not coming from a Lane or a Stanford IP address.
While we'd like Lane to be your gateway to our licensed content, we recognize that links to books, articles and journals come from a variety of different sources (Google, your email, RSS reader, etc.).
When installed, it will look your browser bookmark.
At the page you would like to proxy, click the "Lane Gateway to Licensed Content" to invoke it.
If Lane licenses that content, you'll get access as if you were on campus.
How does it work?
This allows you to view the URL as though you were on campus, giving you access to materials licensed for use by the Stanford academic community.
If you're not authenticated, you'll be prompted for your SUNetID and password.
Don't see the Toolbar, Bookmarks, or Links or Favorites bar?
From the "View" menu, select "Toolbars" & choose "Bookmarks Toolbar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Show Bookmarks Bar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Always Show Bookmarks Bar"
- Right-click in a clear area near the browser address bar
- In the menu, check a box next "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites" (IE8, IE9)
- Managing IE Favorites
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) only works with resources Lane has licensed and configured to work with our proxy server.
If invoked on a resource we do not license and/or have not yet configured, you will see an error message:
The Lane proxy server cannot complete your request because this host has not been configured properly.
We make no attempt to configure our proxy server for every resource, only those we license and for which a Stanford IP address grants access.
Drag this button onto your browser toolbar to install.
- Right click this button
- Select "Add to Favorites", click "Continue" if you see a security alert
- In "Create in" menu, select "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites Bar" (IE8, IE9) to install
Drag this button onto Safari Bookmarks bar to install.