- A scientific database of the molecular biology and genetics of the yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiae, which is commonly known as baker's or budding yeast.
- Duck Room, Duck-PC1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10 Version 9.4 (Windows)Redwood Room, Redwood-PC1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8 Version 9.4 (Windows)M051-PC1,2,3,4 Version 9.4 (Windows)
- Duck Room, Duck-PC1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10 Version 4.3 (Windows)Redwood Room, Redwood-PC1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8 Version 4.3 (Windows)M051-PC1,2,3,4 Version 4.3 (Windows)
- Provides access to several Chemical Abstracts Service databases.
- Alexey G. Murzin, Bartlett G. Ailey, Steven E. Brenner, ... [et al].Aims to provide a detailed and comprehensive description of the relationships of known protein structures. It provides a broad survey of all known protein folds, detailed information about the close relatives of any particular protein, and a framework for future research and classification.
- Calculator Users must sign up for a free account for access to siteSherin, K. M.
- Scriptome is a set of tools that filter, format, and merge data in tabular or common biological formats. Use single tools to take a quick look at data, or string tools together in a protocol to explore the data more deeply. The Scriptome was designed especially for non-programmers or beginning programmers, although more experienced programmers may find the site useful as a data manipulation "cookbook". The tools can be used without understanding them. Alternatively, you might find that reading and playing with small, working code examples - and using them on your own data - is a good way to learn Perl.
- Stanford University School of Medicine ; course planners and authors, Lisa Shieh, Eileen P. Pummer, William Daines, Paul M. Maggio, Matthew Strehlow, Irina Tokareva ; technical design and development, Brian Tobin, Jamie Tsui, James Laird, Glenn Zephier.Septris is an online game, "This activity provides a practical approach to early sepsis identification and application of evidence-based management (best practice) and Stanford's Sepsis Guidelines. Interactive case scenarios will be used to put these principles into practice"--Website.
- Sequencher program is one of the best tools for assembling fragmentary DNA sequences to form longer, continuous sequences, as well as other DNA sequence-related tasks.
- Barnas, Gary; Hu, Charles; Kneusel, Ron.Calculates expected serum osmolarity, for comparison to measured osmolarity to detect unmeasured compounds in the serum.
- Mobile Application Soc Teach Fam Med, iPhone download pageMobile Application Soc Teach Fam Med, Android download page
- A leading significance analysis tool for microarray gene expression measurements.
- "With formulas from Aa gradient to Z-score conversion and a full range of specialty indexing, Skyscape Clinical Calculator provides a comprehensive free set of basic tools available for mobile devices.
- Duck Room Version 10.0.9 (Windows)Redwood Room Version 10.0.9 (Windows)Stone Room Version 10.0.9 (Windows)M051 Version 10.0.9 (Windows)Student Computing Version 10.0.9 (Windows & Macintosh)
- Collects and compiles data from many scientific databases, and thereby attempts to encapsulate the genetics and molecular biology of genes from the genomes of Homo sapiens, Mus musculus, Rattus norvegicus into easy to navigate GeneReports. Provides a unique scientific resource that pools publicly available data commonly sought after for any clone, GenBank accession number, or gene. It is specifically designed to facilitate the analysis of large sets of data that biologists can now produce using genome-scale experimental approaches.
- A visualization tool with a easy user interface and data connectivity.
- Duck Room Version 22 (Windows)Redwood Room Version 22 (Windows)M051 Version 22 (Windows)Program that allows the user to do statistical analysis.
- Departments of Biochemistry and Genetics at the School of Medicine, Stanford University.SMD stores raw and normalized data from microarray experiments, as well as their corresponding image files. In addition, SMD provides interfaces for data retrieval, analysis and visualization. Data is released to the public at the researcher's discretion or upon publication.
- TMAD is database of raw and processed data from tissue microarray experiments. It can be searched for stained tissue images using markers, disorders and other controlled terms. TMAD also provides methods for data retrieval, grouping of data, analysis and visualization as well as export to standard formats.
- Duck Room Version 14 (Windows)Redwood Room Version 14 (Windows)Statistical analysis package that supports all typical biomedical statistical tests, as well as generating graphical displays of results
- Calculates the Sensitivity, Specificity, PPV, NPV, LR+, and LR-, Relative Risk (RR), Absolute Relative Risk (ARR), Number Needed to Treat (NNT), Odds Ratio (OR), Relative Risk Reduction (RRR).
- Debashis Sahoo.Temporal microarray gene expression analysis software.
- STRING stores known and predicted protein-protein interactions where the interactions are either direct (physical) or indirect (functional) associations.
- Babbitt, Patricia C.; Ferrin, Thomas E.; Huang, Conrad C.; Morris, John H.UCSF structureViz is a Cytoscape plugin that links the visualization of biological networks (and biological relationships expressed as networks) provided by Cytoscape with the visualization and analysis of macromolecular structures and sequences provided by UCSF Chimera.
- Integrated collections of programs for identifying novel cis-regulatory elements from groups of upstream sequences.
- A repository of microarray gene expression measurements maintained by the Genomics Institute of the Novartis Research Foundation . The atlas is aimed at profiling gene expression in a large number of tissues from Mus musculus and Homo sapiens .
- Thompson, Andy.Calculator determines if patients are eligible for inclusion in a systemic sclerosis (SSc) study.
Shortcut to Licensed Content
TO INSTALL, DRAG THIS BUTTON to your browser Bookmarks or Tools Bar.
Bookmark on Other Websites
- TO INSTALL, RIGHT CLICK this button.
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
- Once installed it will look like this
- Click "Bookmark on Lane" to bookmark any webpage
- Your saved bookmark will appear on this page
Provides fulltext access to Lane's resources.
Includes the MEDLINE database, which contains coverage of over 5000 journals and more than 25 million citations for biomedical articles, including, but not limited to, clinical trials, systematic reviews, case reports, and clinical practice guidelines.Lane RSS feeds (Really Simple Syndication)A medical search engine provides access to 9,000 medical and procedural videos, 1,000 books and over.All online issues of the Journal of the American Medical Association.Nature, the international weekly journal of science.New England Journal of Medicine.Search Ovid databases.
A repository of medical knowledge from internal medicine, cardiology, genetics, pharmacy, diagnosis and management, basic sciences, patient care, and more.
Continuously expanding, all databases in the repository contain the latest editions of selected medical titles.MicroMedex: Premier pharmaceutical information source containing multiple databases and drug reference tools. Of particular value is DRUGDEX Evaluations, one of the most comprehensive drug sources available.DynaMed is a clinical information resource used by physicians to answer clinical questions quickly and easily at the point of care. Topics are updated daily as new evidence becomes available.Scopus is the largest abstract and citation database of peer-reviewed literature: scientific journals, books and conference proceedings.A drug information resource containing: American Hospital Formulary System (AHFS), drug formulary for Lucile Packard Children's Hospital (LPCH) and Stanford Hospital & Clinics (SHC), Lexi-Drugs (adverse reactions, dosage and administration, mechanism of action, storage, use, and administration information), Lexi-Calc, Lexi-ID, Lexi-I.V. Compatibility (King Guide), Lexi-Interact, and Lexi-PALS.Cumulative Index to Nursing and Allied Health Literature (CINAHL) contains coverage of nursing and allied health literature.A knowledge database that provides access to topic reviews based on over 6000 clinically relevant articles. The evidence-based content, updated regularly, provides the latest practice guidelines in 59 medical specialtiesProvides critical assessments of systematic reviews compiled from a variety of medical journals.Selects from the biomedical literature original studies and systematic reviews that are immediately clinically relevant and then summarizes these articles in an enhanced abstract with expert commentary.
Multidisciplinary coverage of over 10,000 high-impact journals in the sciences, social sciences, and arts and humanities, as well as international proceedings coverage for over 120,000 conferences.
Includes cited reference searching, citation maps, and an analyze tool.
Features systematic reviews that summarize the effects of interventions and makes a determination whether the intervention is efficacious or not.
Cochrane reviews are created through a strict process of compiling and analyzing data from multiple randomized control trials to ensure comprehensiveness and reliability.Provides systematic coverage of the psychological literature from the 1800s to the present through articles, book chapters and dissertations.BMJ Clinical Evidence. A clinical information tool built around systematic reviews summarizing the current state of knowledge about prevention and treatment of clinical conditions.PIER (Physicians' Information and Education Resource) is a Web-based decision-support tool designed for rapid point-of-care delivery of up-to-date, evidence-based guidance for primary care physicians.Cochrane Central Register of Controlled Trials (CENTRAL) provides access to 300,000 controlled trials that have been identified the Cochrane Collaboration.Provides drug information targeted for patients.A continually updating drug monograph.The National Guideline Clearinghouse (NGC): A comprehensive database of evidence-based clinical practice guidelines and related documents.MedlinePlus: A repository of health information from the National Library of Medicine. Links are from trusted sites. No advertising, no endorsement of commercial companies or productsLPCH CareNotes via MicroMedex: Patient education handouts customized by LPCH clinical staffMicromedex Lab Advisor: Evidence based laboratory test informationA drug database organized by generic name, trade name and drug class.LPCH / Stanford Hospital Formulary.A goldmine of trusted consumer health information from the world's largest medical library.A trusted source of expert advice for and about kids, providing the information necessary to help patients and parents understand their unique needs.Provides patient handouts from the American Academy of Family Physician.Access to the Stanford Health Library for patients.Lane provides access to over 5,000 eBooks many of which provide helpful background material that will prepare you to better tackle primary literature.
Largest, broadest eBook package; covers all sciences, as well as technology (including software), medicine, and humanities.
In addition to covering Wiley and Springer, MyiLibrary is also the only provider for Oxford and Cambridge University Press titles. No seat restrictions.A collection of biomedical books that can be searched directly by concept, and linked to terms in PubMed abstracts.
A web-based, decision support system for infectious diseases, epidemiology, microbiology and antimicrobial chemotherapy. The database, updated weekly, currently includes 337 diseases, 224 countries, 1,147 microbial taxa and 306 antibacterial (-fungal, -parasitic, -viral) agents and vaccines.
Over 10,000 notes outline the status of specific infections within each country.