SAccess restricted to Stanford unless otherwise noted
- Saccharomyces genome database Stanf UnivA scientific database of the molecular biology and genetics of the yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiae, which is commonly known as baker's or budding yeast.
- SAS Product DescriptionDuck Room, Duck-PC1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10 Version 9.3 (Windows) Duck Room; Version 9.4 (Windows) Redwood RoomRedwood Room, Redwood-PC1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8 Version 9.3 (Windows) Duck Room; Version 9.4 (Windows) Redwood RoomM051-PC1,2,3,4 Version 9.4 (Windows)
- SAS Enterprise Guide Product DescriptionDuck Room, Duck-PC1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10 Version 4.3 (Windows)Redwood Room, Redwood-PC1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8 Version 4.3 (Windows)M051-PC1,2,3,4 Version 4.3 (Windows)
- SciFinder Web version Research Tool, Users must registerProvides access to several Chemical Abstracts Service databases.
- Aims to provide a detailed and comprehensive description of the relationships of known protein structures. It provides a broad survey of all known protein folds, detailed information about the close relatives of any particular protein, and a framework for future research and classification.
- Scopus alerts (lite) Mobile Application, iPhone/iPod touch/iPad'Lite' version of Scopus Alerts for existing subscribers. Use the Scopus Alerts mobile app to find articles, create alerts, make notes, and share links instantly.
- Screening for adolescent substance abuse using the CRAFFT questionnaire Calculator, Use Internet Explorer only
- Scriptome Analytical ToolScriptome is a set of tools that filter, format, and merge data in tabular or common biological formats. Use single tools to take a quick look at data, or string tools together in a protocol to explore the data more deeply. The Scriptome was designed especially for non-programmers or beginning programmers, although more experienced programmers may find the site useful as a data manipulation "cookbook". The tools can be used without understanding them. Alternatively, you might find that reading and playing with small, working code examples - and using them on your own data - is a good way to learn Perl.
- Sensitivity of a test STAT!Ref
- Septris Video Game, Runs best on iPad/iPhone or Android. On desktop, requires Google Chrome, Apple Safari, or Firefox. Internet Explorer is not supported.Septris is an online game, "This activity provides a practical approach to early sepsis identification and application of evidence-based management (best practice) and Stanford's Sepsis Guidelines. Interactive case scenarios will be used to put these principles into practice"--Website.
- Sequencher Analytical Tool, SUNet ID login and CMGM/PMGM computer account are required to download the softwareSequencher program is one of the best tools for assembling fragmentary DNA sequences to form longer, continuous sequences, as well as other DNA sequence-related tasks.
- Serum osmolality Calculator
- SI unit conversions. Drugs STAT!Ref
- SI unit conversions. Hematology STAT!Ref
- SigmaPlot Product Description
- Significance Analysis of Microarrays (SAM). Version 3.X. Analytical Tool, Registration requiredA leading significance analysis tool for microarray gene expression measurements.
- Sodium correction in hyperglycemia STAT!Ref
- Sodium deficit in hyponatremia STAT!Ref
- Sophos Antivirus Product DescriptionDuck Room Version 10.0.9 (Windows)Redwood Room Version 10.0.9 (Windows)Stone Room Version 10.0.9 (Windows)M051 Version 10.0.9 (Windows)Student Computing Version 10.0.9 (Windows & Macintosh)
- SOURCE Stanf Univ SOMCollects and compiles data from many scientific databases, and thereby attempts to encapsulate the genetics and molecular biology of genes from the genomes of Homo sapiens, Mus musculus, Rattus norvegicus into easy to navigate GeneReports.Provides a unique scientific resource that pools publicly available data commonly sought after for any clone, GenBank accession number, or gene. It is specifically designed to facilitate the analysis of large sets of data that biologists can now produce using genome-scale experimental approaches.
- Spotfire DecisionSite client Analytical ToolA visualization tool with a easy user interface and data connectivity.
- SPSS Product DescriptionDuck Room Version 22 (Windows)Redwood Room Version 22 (Windows)M051 Version 22 (Windows)Program that allows the user to do statistical analysis.
- Stage III pressure ulcer TreeCalc STAT!Ref
- Stage IV pressure ulcer TreeCalc STAT!Ref
- Stanford Desktop Tool (SDT) Product DescriptionDuck Room Version 3.1.4 (Windows)Redwood Room Version 3.1.4 (Windows)Stone Room Version 3.1.4 (Windows)M051 Version 3.1.4 (Windows)Student Computing Version 3.1.4 (Windows & Macintosh)
- Stanford Microarray Database (SMD) Stanf UnivSMD stores raw and normalized data from microarray experiments, as well as their corresponding image files. In addition, SMD provides interfaces for data retrieval, analysis and visualization. Data is released to the public at the researcher's discretion or upon publication.
- Stanford Tissue microarray database Stanf UnivTMAD is database of raw and processed data from tissue microarray experiments. It can be searched for stained tissue images using markers, disorders and other controlled terms. TMAD also provides methods for data retrieval, grouping of data, analysis and visualization as well as export to standard formats.
- Stats calculator (University of Toronto) Web versionCalculates the Sensitivity, Specificity, PPV, NPV, LR+, and LR-, Relative Risk (RR), Absolute Relative Risk (ARR), Number Needed to Treat (NNT), Odds Ratio (OR), Relative Risk Reduction (RRR).
- StepMiner Analytical ToolTemporal microarray gene expression analysis software.
- Steroid equivalence converter Calculator
- Stool osmolal gap STAT!Ref
- Strep pharyngitis probability score Calculator
- STRING stores known and predicted protein-protein interactions where the interactions are either direct (physical) or indirect (functional) associations.
- structureViz Analytical ToolUCSF structureViz is a Cytoscape plugin that links the visualization of biological networks (and biological relationships expressed as networks) provided by Cytoscape with the visualization and analysis of macromolecular structures and sequences provided by UCSF Chimera.
- Integrated collections of programs for identifying novel cis-regulatory elements from groups of upstream sequences.
- Survey sample size STAT!Ref
- Swami Analytical ToolA free resource for research and education in Bioinformatics, Genomics, Proteomics, and Phylogenetics, conceptually based on the Biology Workbench.
- SymAtlas DatabaseA repository of microarray gene expression measurements maintained by the Genomics Institute of the Novartis Research Foundation . The atlas is aimed at profiling gene expression in a large number of tissues from Mus musculus and Homo sapiens .
- Symyx ELN Analytical Tool (Product Information)Electronic laboratory notebook suitable for biological and chemical research. Windows only.
- SYSTAT Product DescriptionM051 Version 12 (Windows)Duck Room Version 12 (Windows)Redwood Room Version 12 (Windows)Program that allows the user to calculate statistics, generate data reports and produce graphics.
- Systemic Sclerosis Calculator CalculatorCalculator determines if patients are eligible for inclusion in a systemic sclerosis (SSc) study.
- Systemic vascular resistance STAT!Ref
Shortcut to Licensed Content
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Links” (IE7) or “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
What is it?
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) gives you access to resources licensed by the library even when you're not coming from a Lane or a Stanford IP address.
While we'd like Lane to be your gateway to our licensed content, we recognize that links to books, articles and journals come from a variety of different sources (Google, your email, RSS reader, etc.).
When installed, it will look your browser bookmark.
At the page you would like to proxy, click the "Lane Gateway to Licensed Content" to invoke it.
If Lane licenses that content, you'll get access as if you were on campus.
How does it work?
This allows you to view the URL as though you were on campus, giving you access to materials licensed for use by the Stanford academic community.
If you're not authenticated, you'll be prompted for your SUNetID and password.
Don't see the Toolbar, Bookmarks, or Links or Favorites bar?
From the "View" menu, select "Toolbars" & choose "Bookmarks Toolbar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Show Bookmarks Bar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Always Show Bookmarks Bar"
- Right-click in a clear area near the browser address bar
- In the menu, check a box next "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites" (IE8, IE9)
- Managing IE Favorites
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) only works with resources Lane has licensed and configured to work with our proxy server.
If invoked on a resource we do not license and/or have not yet configured, you will see an error message:
The Lane proxy server cannot complete your request because this host has not been configured properly.
We make no attempt to configure our proxy server for every resource, only those we license and for which a Stanford IP address grants access.
Drag this button onto your browser toolbar to install.
- Right click this button
- Select "Add to Favorites", click "Continue" if you see a security alert
- In "Create in" menu, select "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites Bar" (IE8, IE9) to install
Drag this button onto Safari Bookmarks bar to install.