- M.I. prediction decision TreeCalc STAT!Ref
- Mainz emergency evaluation score (MEES) Calculator, Use Internet Explorer only
- Making sense of DNA and protein sequences Notebook 1
- Malaria parasite metabolic pathways DatabaseA compilation of Plasmodium metabolic pathway maps culled from general biochemistry sites.
- Mangled extremity severity score Calculator
- MatchMiner DatabaseA tool for determining what are the properties associated with an identifier used in genome or transcriptome studies, such as a Gene ID, UniGene cluster or IMAGE clone ID.
- Math calculator STAT!Ref
- MatInspector Web version, Login required
- MATLAB Bioinformatics toolbox. <current version> Product InformationProvides access to genomic and proteomic data formats, analysis techniques, and specialized visualizations for genomic and proteomic sequence and microarray analysis
- MATLAB Statistics toolbox. <current version> Product InformationIncludes functions and interactive tools for analyzing historical data, modeling data, simulating systems, developing statistical algorithms, and learning and teaching statistics.
- MATLAB. Version 2012b. Product DescriptionDuck Room Version R2012b (Windows)Redwood Room Version R2012b (Windows)Stone Room Version R2012b (Windows)Student Computing Version R2012b (Windows)M051 Version R2012b (Windows)
- MDCalc Database
- MDscan Analytical ToolIdentifies protein-DNA interaction sites at the base pair level. Uses ChIP-array data, word enumeration and position-specific weight matrix updating to search for motifs representing these interaction sites.
- Mean corpuscular hemoglobin STAT!Ref
- Mean corpuscular volume STAT!Ref
- Medical calculator (iPhone and iPod) Mobile Application, iPhone/iPod touch
- MedMath Palm
- Melanoma risk assessment tool CalculatorThe Melanoma Risk Assessment Tool is an interactive Web-based system designed by scientists at the National Cancer Institute (NCI), the University of Pennsylvania, and the University of California, San Francisco, to estimate a person's absolute risk of developing invasive melanoma.
- MEME Analytical Tool
- Metamorph Analytical Tool, SUNet ID login and CMGM/PMGM computer account are required to download the softwareGeneral purpose image analysis of microscopy images
- MeV Analytical ToolMicroarray data analysis tool for integrated analysis using clustering, visualization, classification, statistical analysis and biological theme discovery.
- Micromedex Drug Information Mobile Application, iPhone/iPod touch/iPadThe app contains the Micromedex DRUGPoints information, the Summary Drug Information, as it is called in Micromedex 1.0. It is completely loaded on the device. Over 1,400 drug monographs on FDA-approved drugs are accessible by generic drug name (includes selected combination products), trade name and therapeutic class.Also includes: black box warnings, adult dosage, pediatric dosage, dose adjustments, indications (differentiated as “FDA labeled” and “non-FDA labeled”), administration, monitoring, how supplied, contraindications, precautions, adverse effects (separated into “common” and “serious”), drug interactions, pregnancy category, breast feeding, mechanism of action, pharmacokinetics, and toxicology.
- Micromedex Drug Interactions Mobile Application, iPhone/iPod touch/iPad"With Drug Interactions, clinicians can check a patient entire medication list simultaneously for potentially harmful interactions and view severity ratings that range from contraindicated to minor. This app provides insight into: Why the drugs in question interact, how the results of those interactions will present in the patient, recommendations for monitoring patient outcomes"--Website.
- Microsoft Access Product Description
- Microsoft Excel Product Description
- Microsoft Internet Explorer Product DescriptionDuck Room Version 9- (Windows)Redwood Room Version 9- (Windows)Stone Room Version 9- (Windows)Student Computing Version 9- (Windows & Macintosh)Public Kiosks Version 9- (Windows & Macintosh)M051 Version 9- (Windows)
- Microsoft PowerPoint Product Description
- Microsoft Word Product Description
- miRBase sequences DatabaseRepository of miRNA sequences and annotations
- miRNAMap DatabaseAn integrated database that stores known miRNA genes, putative miRNA genes, known miRNA targets and putative miRNA targets.
- MMDB DatabaseMMDB is NCBI's database of biomolecular structures, integrated within Entrez.
- Mozilla Firefox Product DescriptionDuck Room Version 19- (Windows)Redwood Room Version 19- (Windows)Stone Room Version 19- (Windows)Student Computing Version 19- (Windows), Version 24- (Macintosh)M051 Version 16.0.2- (Windows)
- MPromDb DatabaseDatabase of gene promoters combined with experimentally supported annotation of transcription start sites (TSS), cis-regulatory elements, CpG islands and ChIP-chip experimental for mouse, rat and human. Results are provided using intuitive visualizations.
- Multiple Em for Motif Elicitation (MEME) Analytical Tool
- Multiple myeloma diagnostic criteria STAT!Ref
- MutDB DatabaseMutDB is a gene-centric integration of human variation data with protein structural information and other functionally relevant information, if available.
- Myocardial infarction probability (Goldman) Calculator
Shortcut to Licensed Content
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Links” (IE7) or “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
Shortcut for iPhone
What is it?
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) gives you access to resources licensed by the library even when you're not coming from a Lane or a Stanford IP address.
While we'd like Lane to be your gateway to our licensed content, we recognize that links to books, articles and journals come from a variety of different sources (Google, your email, RSS reader, etc.).
When installed, it will look your browser bookmark.
At the page you would like to proxy, click the "Lane Gateway to Licensed Content" to invoke it.
If Lane licenses that content, you'll get access as if you were on campus.
How does it work?
This allows you to view the URL as though you were on campus, giving you access to materials licensed for use by the Stanford academic community.
If you're not authenticated, you'll be prompted for your SUNetID and password.
Don't see the Toolbar, Bookmarks, or Links or Favorites bar?
From the "View" menu, select "Toolbars" & choose "Bookmarks Toolbar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Show Bookmarks Bar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Always Show Bookmarks Bar"
- Right-click in a clear area near the browser address bar
- In the menu, check a box next "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites" (IE8, IE9)
- Managing IE Favorites
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) only works with resources Lane has licensed and configured to work with our proxy server.
If invoked on a resource we do not license and/or have not yet configured, you will see an error message:
The Lane proxy server cannot complete your request because this host has not been configured properly.
We make no attempt to configure our proxy server for every resource, only those we license and for which a Stanford IP address grants access.
Drag this button onto your browser toolbar to install.
- Right click this button
- Select "Add to Favorites", click "Continue" if you see a security alert
- In "Create in" menu, select "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites Bar" (IE8, IE9) to install
Drag this button onto Safari Bookmarks bar to install.