EAccess restricted to Stanford unless otherwise noted
- EBI XEMBL Analytical Tool
- EBM calculator (University of Toronto) Web versionCalculates the Sensitivity, Specificity, PPV, NPV, LR+, and LR-, Relative Risk (RR), Absolute Relative Risk (ARR), Number Needed to Treat (NNT), Odds Ratio (OR), Relative Risk Reduction (RRR).
- ECR Browser DatabaseA navigation tool for visualizing pre-computed evolutionary relationships in vertebrates and non-vertebrates based on whole-genome primary sequence alignment.
- The ePSS is an application designed to help primary care clinicians identify clinical preventive services that are appropriate for their patients. Based on the current, evidence-based recommendations of the U.S. Preventive Services Task Force (USPSTF)
- EMBOSS Analytical ToolEMBOSS is a high-quality package of free, Open Source software for molecular biology. It performs all of the classical molecular biological analytical tasks.
- Embryo Mobile Application, iPhone/iPod touch/iPad"Scientists and educators have used the Carnegie Embryo Collection, housed at the National Museum of Health and Medicine, to define normal human embryo development for decades. A database, called the Virtual Human Embryo, has been created to provide digital serial sections of human embryos from the collection. The Embryo App uses mobile telecommunication and multimedia technologies to add interactive capabilities to the digital information, enhancing our understanding of embryo development. This App is part of the National Library of Medicine's program to fulfill the NLM's role as a provider of medical, science and health care information using mobile technologies. The Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health & Human Development has provided support for two components of the imaging project. Scientists at Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center has supported the 3D-reconstruction of the collection to add visual dynamics to the images"--Website.
- Endnote Product DescriptionDuck Room Version X7 (Windows)Redwood Room Version X7 (Windows)Stone Room Version X7 (Windows)Student Computing Version X7 (Windows)M051 Version X7 (Windows)
- Ensembl DatabaseEnsembl is a comprehensive database of the genomes of metazoans species ranging from primitive chordates to mammals, whose genomes have been sequenced to completion.
- Entrez (NCBI) NLMIncludes information cited in MEDLINE. GenBank, EMBL, DDBJ, SWISS-PROT, PIR, PDB, PRF, dbEST and U.S. and European patents.
- Entrez Programming utilities Analytical Tool
- EPConDB DatabaseProvides access to gene expression and sequences for genes active in mouse and human beta cells.
- Epworth sleepiness scale (ESS) STAT!Ref
- Esophageal varices STAT!Ref
- Estimated blood level calculations Calculator
- EteRNA Video Game"By playing EteRNA, you will participate in creating the first large-scale library of synthetic RNA designs. Your efforts will help reveal new principles for designing RNA-based switches and nanomachines -- new systems for seeking and eventually controlling living cells and disease-causing viruses. By interacting with thousands of players and learning from real experimental feedback, you will be pioneering a completely new way to do science. Join the global laboratory!"--Website.
- Eukaryotic promoter database (EPD) DatabaseAnnotated non-redundant collection of data on eukaryotic POL II promoters for which the transcription start site has been determined experimentally.
- European system for cardiac operative risk evaluation (EuroSCORE) Calculator, Use Internet Explorer only
- Evaluating patients for smallpox Calculator
- ExactAntigen DatabaseCurated database of commercial monoclonal antibodies.
- Expanded disability status scale Calculator
- ExPASy Proteomics server EXPASyExPASy provides integrated access to a variety of databases and analytical tools dedicated to understanding proteins.
Shortcut to Licensed Content
Bookmark on other websites
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Links” (IE7) or “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
- Once installed it will look like this
- Click "Bookmark on Lane" to bookmark any webpage
- Your saved bookmark will appear on this page
What is it?
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) gives you access to resources licensed by the library even when you're not coming from a Lane or a Stanford IP address.
While we'd like Lane to be your gateway to our licensed content, we recognize that links to books, articles and journals come from a variety of different sources (Google, your email, RSS reader, etc.).
When installed, it will look your browser bookmark.
At the page you would like to proxy, click the "Lane Gateway to Licensed Content" to invoke it.
If Lane licenses that content, you'll get access as if you were on campus.
How does it work?
This allows you to view the URL as though you were on campus, giving you access to materials licensed for use by the Stanford academic community.
If you're not authenticated, you'll be prompted for your SUNetID and password.
Don't see the Toolbar, Bookmarks, or Links or Favorites bar?
From the "View" menu, select "Toolbars" & choose "Bookmarks Toolbar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Show Bookmarks Bar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Always Show Bookmarks Bar"
- Right-click in a clear area near the browser address bar
- In the menu, check a box next "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites" (IE8, IE9)
- Managing IE Favorites
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) only works with resources Lane has licensed and configured to work with our proxy server.
If invoked on a resource we do not license and/or have not yet configured, you will see an error message:
The Lane proxy server cannot complete your request because this host has not been configured properly.
We make no attempt to configure our proxy server for every resource, only those we license and for which a Stanford IP address grants access.
Drag this button onto your browser toolbar to install.
- Right click this button
- Select "Add to Favorites", click "Continue" if you see a security alert
- In "Create in" menu, select "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites Bar" (IE8, IE9) to install
Drag this button onto Safari Bookmarks bar to install.