- Basic unit conversions STAT!Ref
- Bassett interactive, annotated Atlas of human anatomy Download software, Stanford users must download software to view fulltextInteractive digital atlas eHuman
- Bayesian analysis model Calculator
- Bayesian statistics I multiCalc STAT!Ref
- Bayesian statistics II MultiCalc STAT!Ref
- Beginning MySQL 2005, ebrary
- Bicarbonate deficit STAT!Ref
- BiliTool Calculator
- BIND Database, Users need to register for a free accountOne of the main repositories for the storage of curated descriptions of protein interactions, molecular complexes and pathways.
- Binding interface database Database
- Binding-site estimation suite of tools Analytical ToolMetasearching sequence motif finding tool that enables easy comparison of outputs from AlignACE, BioProspector, CONSENSUS and MEME for transcription factor binding site prediction.
- BindingDB DatabaseDatabase of experimentally-determined binding affinities of protein-ligand complexes, including small molecule ligands.
- BIOBASE Knowledge Library (Formerly called Proteome)BIOBASE knowledge(R) library is a suite of databases updated weekly and focused on protein information in the published biological literature. The suite of databases focuses on mammalian species, model organisms, and human fungal pathogens in: HumanPSD - Proteome Survey DB for information on human, mouse, and rat proteins. GPCR-PD - G Protein-coupled Receptors DB for human, mouse & rat proteins, their ligands & downstream signaling molecules. YPD - Model organism S. cerevisiae. PombePD - Model organism S. pombe. WormPD - Model organism C. elegans. MycoPathPD - Human fungal pathogen DB.
- BioCyc database collection Database ListBioCyc is a collection of hundreds of Pathway/Genome Databases covering mostly prokaryotes, each of which describing the genome and metabolic pathways of a single organism. Most of these databases are computationally generated, but two are generated by an extensive curation process
- Biology Workbench Analytical ToolThe Biology WorkBench is a web-based tool for biologists. The WorkBench allows biologists to search many popular protein and nucleic acid sequence databases. Database searching is integrated with access to a wide variety of analysis and modeling tools, all within a point and click interface that eliminates file format compatibility problems.
- BioMart FulltextBioMart is a query-oriented data management system developed jointly by the Ontario Institute for Cancer Research (OICR) and the European Bioinformatics Institute (EBI) that enables scientists to perform advanced querying of biological data sources through a single web interface. It offers access to major biomolecular sequence, pathway and annotation databases such as Ensembl, Uniprot, Reactome, HGNC, Wormbase and PRIDE.
- Biomolecular interaction network database (BIND) Database, Users need to register for a free accountOne of the main repositories for the storage of curated descriptions of protein interactions, molecular complexes and pathways.
- BioPerl Analytical ToolBioPerl is a vast collection of Perl packages for performing typical analytical and management tasks for biological data
- BioProspector Analytical ToolA powerful tool for identifying DNA and protein motifs.
- BIOSIS 1926-, Thomson
- Biostatistics : Video, SUNet ID login required
- BioToolKit DatabaseA web-accessible annotated database of over 1200 online resources of interest to molecular biologists and neurobiologists.
- BioWarehouse Database SystemBioWarehouse is a relational database system for the integration of multiple bioinformatics databases. It provides a central data repository in a common representational framework within a single DB management system.
- BLAST (NCBI) NLMNucleotide or protein sequence similarity using the BLAST algorithm. BLAST compares a nucleotide sequence against the GenBank nucleotide sequence database.
- BLAST Output Visualization Tool (BOV) Analytical ToolBOV enables users to interactively visualize BLAST high-scoring segment pairs to understand matching patterns between a query and a subject sequence.
- Bleeding probability after TPA for MI Calculator
- Blood alcohol concentration estimation Calculator
- Blood oxygen content calculator Calculator
- Download Pocket PC version Pocket PC
- Body mass index (Quetelet's index) STAT!Ref
- Body surface area (Du Bois method) STAT!Ref
- Body surface area, body mass index Calculator
- Body surface area, body mass index (BMI) Calculator
- BodyMap DatabaseA repository of expression data for tissues and cell types of Homo sapiens and Mus musculus. BioMap attempts to reflect accurately the abundance of transcripts in the original source.
- Bradycardia treatment algorithm Calculator
- BrainNavigator Database, Users must registerBrainNavigator, a 3D brain interactive software tool for research in the rodent brain, combines atlas content and 3D capabilities based on technologies from the Allen Institute for Brain Science. It provides imaging for research, education and structure analysis to allow researchers to know exactly where they are when working with the rodent brain. Login is required for every user to access personalized workspace annotation, calibration, notes sharing, 3D slice configuration, saving of 3D model configurations and planning injection or electrode implants. BrainNavigator combines atlas content and 3D capabilities based on technologies from the Allen Institute for Brain Science.
- Breast cancer risk assessment tool Calculator
- BRENDA Univ CologneLogin Univ CologneBRENDA is the main collection of enzyme functional data available to the scientific community. It is the comprehensive enzyme database of data from primary literature sources, and includes links to literature citations, two-dimensional images, and other databases.
- BSA/BMI Calculator
Shortcut to Licensed Content
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Links” (IE7) or “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
Shortcut for iPhone
What is it?
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) gives you access to resources licensed by the library even when you're not coming from a Lane or a Stanford IP address.
While we'd like Lane to be your gateway to our licensed content, we recognize that links to books, articles and journals come from a variety of different sources (Google, your email, RSS reader, etc.).
When installed, it will look your browser bookmark.
At the page you would like to proxy, click the "Lane Gateway to Licensed Content" to invoke it.
If Lane licenses that content, you'll get access as if you were on campus.
How does it work?
This allows you to view the URL as though you were on campus, giving you access to materials licensed for use by the Stanford academic community.
If you're not authenticated, you'll be prompted for your SUNetID and password.
Don't see the Toolbar, Bookmarks, or Links or Favorites bar?
From the "View" menu, select "Toolbars" & choose "Bookmarks Toolbar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Show Bookmarks Bar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Always Show Bookmarks Bar"
- Right-click in a clear area near the browser address bar
- In the menu, check a box next "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites" (IE8, IE9)
- Managing IE Favorites
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) only works with resources Lane has licensed and configured to work with our proxy server.
If invoked on a resource we do not license and/or have not yet configured, you will see an error message:
The Lane proxy server cannot complete your request because this host has not been configured properly.
We make no attempt to configure our proxy server for every resource, only those we license and for which a Stanford IP address grants access.
Drag this button onto your browser toolbar to install.
- Right click this button
- Select "Add to Favorites", click "Continue" if you see a security alert
- In "Create in" menu, select "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites Bar" (IE8, IE9) to install
Drag this button onto Safari Bookmarks bar to install.