ALLAccess restricted to Stanford unless otherwise noted
- JMP statistical discovery software Product DescriptionDuck Room, Duck-PC1,2,3,4,5 only. Version 10 (Windows)Redwood Room, Redwood-PC1,2,3,4,5 only. Version 10 (Windows)
- Journler. <Current version> 2006-, Macintosh OS onlyJournler is a software-based notebook information manager usable as an electronic laboratory notebook, among other applications. Macintosh only.
- Kawasaki disease diagnostic criteria STAT!Ref
- Kinemage Analytical ToolKinemages are ""kinetic protein images"" that accompany many of the articles published in Protein Science. Kinemages are generated by the program MAGE from PDB files that have been processed using the program PREKIN.
- Database of experimentally determined kinetic data of protein-protein, protein-RNA, protein-DNA, protein-ligand, RNA-ligand, DNA-ligand binding or reaction events described in the literature.
- Kodak Molecular Imaging Software Analytical Tool, SUNet ID login and CMGM/PMGM computer account are required to download the softwareGeneral purpose image analysis software for gels and Southern/Northern/Western blots.
- Kt/V Dialysis dose Barth formula STAT!Ref
- Kt/V Dialysis dose Basile formula STAT!Ref
- Kt/V Dialysis dose Daugirdas formula STAT!Ref
- Kt/V Dialysis dose Jindal formula STAT!Ref
- Kt/V Dialysis dose Kerr formula STAT!Ref
- Kt/V Dialysis dose Keshaviah formula STAT!Ref
- Kt/V Dialysis dose Lowrie formula STAT!Ref
- The KEGG database is designed to facilitate understanding of higher-order protein and cellular functions (e.g., metabolic networks) using genomic and molecular information.
- LabVelocity LabVelocity
- LAGAN Alignment toolkit website Analytical Tool
- LDL cholesterol goal calculator Calculator
- Lexi-CALC online Calculator
- Likelihood ratio MultiCalc STAT!Ref
- LOCATE DatabaseA curated, web-accessible database that houses data describing the membrane organization and subcellular localization of proteins from the FANTOM3 Isoform Protein Sequence set.
- LOCK 2 hierarchical protein structure superposition. Analytical Tool
- Low density lipoprotein STAT!Ref
- Lung injury score Calculator, Use Internet Explorer only
- Lung volume Multicalc STAT!Ref
- M.I. prediction decision TreeCalc STAT!Ref
- Mainz emergency evaluation score (MEES) Calculator, Use Internet Explorer only
- Making sense of DNA and protein sequences Notebook 1
- Malaria parasite metabolic pathways DatabaseA compilation of Plasmodium metabolic pathway maps culled from general biochemistry sites.
- Mangled extremity severity score Calculator
- MatchMiner DatabaseA tool for determining what are the properties associated with an identifier used in genome or transcriptome studies, such as a Gene ID, UniGene cluster or IMAGE clone ID.
- Math calculator STAT!Ref
- MatInspector Web version, Login required
- MATLAB Bioinformatics toolbox. <current version> Product InformationProvides access to genomic and proteomic data formats, analysis techniques, and specialized visualizations for genomic and proteomic sequence and microarray analysis
- MATLAB Statistics toolbox. <current version> Product InformationIncludes functions and interactive tools for analyzing historical data, modeling data, simulating systems, developing statistical algorithms, and learning and teaching statistics.
- MATLAB. Version 2012b. Product DescriptionDuck Room Version R2013b (Windows)Redwood Room Version R2013b (Windows)M051 Version R2013b (Windows)
- MDCalc Database
- MDscan Analytical ToolIdentifies protein-DNA interaction sites at the base pair level. Uses ChIP-array data, word enumeration and position-specific weight matrix updating to search for motifs representing these interaction sites.
- Mean corpuscular hemoglobin STAT!Ref
- Mean corpuscular volume STAT!Ref
- Medical calculator (iPhone and iPod) Mobile Application, iPhone/iPod touch
- MedMath Palm
- Melanoma risk assessment tool CalculatorThe Melanoma Risk Assessment Tool is an interactive Web-based system designed by scientists at the National Cancer Institute (NCI), the University of Pennsylvania, and the University of California, San Francisco, to estimate a person's absolute risk of developing invasive melanoma.
- MEME Analytical Tool
- Metamorph Analytical Tool, SUNet ID login and CMGM/PMGM computer account are required to download the softwareGeneral purpose image analysis of microscopy images
- MeV MultiExperiment viewer. Analytical ToolMicroarray data analysis tool for integrated analysis using clustering, visualization, classification, statistical analysis and biological theme discovery.
- Micromedex Drug Information Mobile Application, iPhone/iPod touch/iPadThe app contains the Micromedex DRUGPoints information, the Summary Drug Information, as it is called in Micromedex 1.0. It is completely loaded on the device. Over 1,400 drug monographs on FDA-approved drugs are accessible by generic drug name (includes selected combination products), trade name and therapeutic class.Also includes: black box warnings, adult dosage, pediatric dosage, dose adjustments, indications (differentiated as “FDA labeled” and “non-FDA labeled”), administration, monitoring, how supplied, contraindications, precautions, adverse effects (separated into “common” and “serious”), drug interactions, pregnancy category, breast feeding, mechanism of action, pharmacokinetics, and toxicology.
- Micromedex Drug Interactions Mobile Application, iPhone/iPod touch/iPad"With Drug Interactions, clinicians can check a patient entire medication list simultaneously for potentially harmful interactions and view severity ratings that range from contraindicated to minor. This app provides insight into: Why the drugs in question interact, how the results of those interactions will present in the patient, recommendations for monitoring patient outcomes"--Website.
- Microsoft Access Product Description
- Microsoft Excel Product Description
- Microsoft Internet Explorer Product DescriptionDuck Room Version 9- (Windows)Redwood Room Version 9- (Windows)Stone Room Version 9- (Windows)Student Computing Version 9- (Windows & Macintosh)Public Kiosks Version 9- (Windows & Macintosh)M051 Version 9- (Windows)
- Microsoft PowerPoint Product Description
- Microsoft Word Product Description
- miRBase sequences DatabaseRepository of miRNA sequences and annotations
- miRNAMap DatabaseAn integrated database that stores known miRNA genes, putative miRNA genes, known miRNA targets and putative miRNA targets.
- MMDB NCBIMMDB is NCBI's database of biomolecular structures, integrated within Entrez.
- Mozilla Firefox Product DescriptionDuck Room Version 19- (Windows)Redwood Room Version 19- (Windows)Stone Room Version 19- (Windows)Student Computing Version 19- (Windows), Version 24- (Macintosh)M051 Version 16.0.2- (Windows)
- MPromDb mammalian promoter database. DatabaseDatabase of gene promoters combined with experimentally supported annotation of transcription start sites (TSS), cis-regulatory elements, CpG islands and ChIP-chip experimental for mouse, rat and human. Results are provided using intuitive visualizations.
- Multiple Em for Motif Elicitation (MEME) Analytical Tool
- Multiple myeloma diagnostic criteria STAT!Ref
- MutDB DatabaseMutDB is a gene-centric integration of human variation data with protein structural information and other functionally relevant information, if available.
- Myocardial infarction probability (Goldman) Calculator
- Narcotic equivalence converter Calculator
- Narcotic medication dose conversion STAT!Ref
- National brain databank brain tissue gene expression repository. Database, Login requiredPublicly accessible data repository that provides neuroscience investigators with secure access to cohort collections such as the McLean 66. The databank collects and disseminates gene xpression data from microarray experiments on brain tissue samples, along with diagnostic results from postmortem studies of neurological and psychiatric disorders.
- NCBI Database directory Analytical Tool
- NCBI Gene NCBIIntegrates information from LocusLink and from genes annotated on Reference Sequences from completely sequenced genomes.
- NCBI Genome Database
- NCBI Probe Database
- NCBI Site map Analytical Tool
- NCBI structure NCBIMMDB is NCBI's database of biomolecular structures, integrated within Entrez.
- NCI Terminology browser Database
- Negative predictive value of a test STAT!Ref
- NIH Image MacintoshPublic domain scientific image processing and analysis program for the Macintosh. It can acquire, display, edit, enhance, analyze and animate images.
- NIH Stroke scale Calculator
- Normal range for body weight STAT!Ref
- NucleaRDB stores curated sequences, mutation and ligand binding data for nuclear receptors.
- Nutricalc, [infant] nutrition calculator Calculator
- NVivo Product DescriptionRedwood Room (PC-8, only) Version 9.2 (Windows)
- Odds from probability STAT!Ref
- Odds ratio and relative risk STAT!Ref
- Oligo Analytical Tool, CMGM/PMGM registration requiredThe Oligo program is likely the best tool for creating oligonucleotides ("oligos"), i.e., determining the sequence of oligos so that they can be synthesized and used in e.g., polymerase chain reaction (PCR).
- Oncomine research edition DatabaseA repository of transcriptome profiles used for data-mining and visualization for biomarker and therapeutic target discovery and evaluation.
- Online Mendelian inheritance in man DatabaseA catalog of essays reviewing human genetic traits that follow classical Mendelian inheritance patterns. Whenever available information permits, each entry consists of six parts: (1) a preferred designation, and frequently used synonyms, (2) a brief description of the phenotype(s), (3) the nature of the basic defect, (4) a résumé of pertinent genetic information including mapping and molecular genetic details, (5) an exhaustive list and description of known allelic variants, and (6) key references. An attempt has been made to select references that are up to date and/or particularly useful discussions of the genetics involved. The catalog provides a bibliographic guide. OMIM is a full text database searchable by the IRX (tm) software developed by the National Library of Medicine. Access to the database is provided as a service to biomedical professionals by the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine under the sponsorship of the National Institutes of Health and the Department of Energy.A database that features catalogs of autosomal dominant, autosomal recessive, x-linked, y-linked, and mitochondrial phenotypes. Includes information on human genes and genetic disorders.
- Open REGulatory ANNOtation database (ORegAnno) Database, Login requiredThe ORegAnno database stores curated data derived from scientific literature for known gene regulatory elements.
- Opioid medication dose conversions STAT!Ref
- Oracle SQL developer WebsiteFree, Multi-platform (Win/Mac/UNIX/Linux) graphical tool for database development, supported by Oracle Corp. Suitable for Oracle, Sybase, MySQL and many other relational database managers.
- ORegAnno Database, Login requiredThe ORegAnno database stores curated data derived from scientific literature for known gene regulatory elements.
- Osmolality Estimator (serum) STAT!Ref
- Osmolar clearance STAT!Ref
- Oswestry low back pain disability questionnaire Calculator, Use Internet Explorer only
- Ottawa ankle rules Calculator
- Ottawa knee rules Calculator
- Oxygenation index Calculator
- Oxygenation index (OI) STAT!Ref
- Paediatric coma scale (Simpson & Reilly) Calculator
- Includes four PDFs of different kinds of pain assessment scales.
- Pajek WebsiteNetwork analysis software, suitable for studying networks composed of widely different components: people, molecules, etc.
- Pancreatitis prognosis criteria STAT!Ref
- Papers, your personal library of science 2006-, Macintosh OS onlyPapers is personal literature manager that enables you to search, download, archive, and organize all your articles, including PDFs, within a single application. Macintosh only.
- Partek Genomics suite Analytical Tool, SUNet ID login and CMGM/PMGM computer account are required for web usage of this software"Comprehensive suite of statistics and interactive data visualization designed to reliably extract biological signals from noisy data; can be applied to a variety of genomic data sets, such as gene expression data, exon data, copy number data, mapping data, tiling data, and SNP data. "
- Pathway builder Analytical ToolA quick and easy tool for drawing signal transduction pathways. Contains pre-made pathway templates and illustration items, as well as all pathway items such as membranes, protein/receptor shapes, organelles, etc. have been pre-made.
- PathwayStudio Analytical Tool, Login requiredAnalysis software intended to facilitate the interpretation of experimental results in the context of pathways, gene regulation networks and protein interaction maps.
- PDB DatabasePDB is the primary repository of biomolecular structures. It is cross-referenced with many of the major public Life Sciences databases (e.g., OMIM, GO, and several others).
- Peak expiratory flow calculator Calculator
- Peak expiratory flow prediction STAT!Ref
- Pediatric dosing calculator Calculator
- Pediatric fluids and electrolyte therapy Calculator
- Pediatric trauma score Calculator, Use Internet Explorer only
- Penetrating abdominal trauma index Calculator, Use Internet Explorer only
- Perl Analytical Tool
- Login Stanf UnivPharmGKB is an integrated resource about how variation in human genes leads to variation in our response to drugs.
- PhenomicDB DatabasePhenomicDB merges public genotype/phenotype data from a wide range of model-organisms and Homo sapiens. It is unique in enabling ontological querying, i.e., querying using conceptsrather than key words. Stated another way, PhenomcDB is an integrated meta search-engine for phenotypes.
- Phrap Download softwareA Linux/UNIX program for assembling shotgun DNA sequence data.
- Phred Download softwarePhred is Linux/UNIX software reads DNA sequencing trace files, calls bases, and assigns a quality value to each called base.
- Phylogenetic analysis Video
- PhysioNet WebsiteAn on-line forum for dissemination and exchange of recorded biomedical signals and open-source software for analyzing them, by providing facilities for cooperative analysis of data and evaluation of proposed new algorithms.
- PIM (Pediatric Index of Mortality) Calculator
- Pittsburgh knee rule Calculator
- PlasmoDB the plasmodium genome resource. Database, Login requiredProvides genomic and proteomic data for different species of the parasitic eukaryote Plasmodium, as well as its own analytical functions.
- Pneumonia severity index calculator Web versionDownload PDA version PalmDownload PDA version Pocket PC
- Pneumothorax degree of collapse STAT!Ref
- PolyPhred Download softwareA Linux/UNIX program that compares fluorescence-based sequences across traces obtained from e.g. different individuals to identify heterozygous sites for single nucleotide substitutions.
- Positive predictive value of a test STAT!Ref
- Predicting strep pharyngitis Calculator
- PredictProtein server Analytical Tool
- Pregnancy calculator Calculator
- Prism (GraphPAD) Product DescriptionDuck Room, duck-win7-pc9 and duck-win7-pc10 Version 6 (Windows)
- PRISM (Pediatric Risk of Mortality) score Calculator
- Probability from odds STAT!Ref
- Probability of acute bacterial sinusitis Calculator
Shortcut to Licensed Content
Bookmark on other websites
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Links” (IE7) or “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
- Once installed it will look like this
- Click "Bookmark on Lane" to bookmark any webpage
- Your saved bookmark will appear on this page
What is it?
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) gives you access to resources licensed by the library even when you're not coming from a Lane or a Stanford IP address.
While we'd like Lane to be your gateway to our licensed content, we recognize that links to books, articles and journals come from a variety of different sources (Google, your email, RSS reader, etc.).
When installed, it will look your browser bookmark.
At the page you would like to proxy, click the "Lane Gateway to Licensed Content" to invoke it.
If Lane licenses that content, you'll get access as if you were on campus.
How does it work?
This allows you to view the URL as though you were on campus, giving you access to materials licensed for use by the Stanford academic community.
If you're not authenticated, you'll be prompted for your SUNetID and password.
Don't see the Toolbar, Bookmarks, or Links or Favorites bar?
From the "View" menu, select "Toolbars" & choose "Bookmarks Toolbar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Show Bookmarks Bar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Always Show Bookmarks Bar"
- Right-click in a clear area near the browser address bar
- In the menu, check a box next "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites Bar" (IE8, IE9)
- Managing IE Favorites
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) only works with resources Lane has licensed and configured to work with our proxy server.
If invoked on a resource we do not license and/or have not yet configured, you will see an error message:
The Lane proxy server cannot complete your request because this host has not been configured properly.
We make no attempt to configure our proxy server for every resource, only those we license and for which a Stanford IP address grants access.
Drag this button onto your browser toolbar to install.
- Right click this button
- Select "Add to Favorites", click "Continue" if you see a security alert
- In "Create in" menu, select "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites Bar" (IE8, IE9) to install
Drag this button onto Safari Bookmarks bar to install.