ALLAccess restricted to Stanford unless otherwise noted
- Creatinine clearance (measured) STAT!Ref
- Creatinine clearance by mass STAT!Ref
- Crotalid snakebite severity score Calculator
- Croup score (pediatric) Calculator
- CSF IgG index STAT!Ref
- Print Material
- Downloadable spreadsheet that "enables health care providers and patients to estimate 10-year and lifetime risks for atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease (ASCVD), defined as coronary death or nonfatal myocardial infarction, or fatal or nonfatal stroke."
- Cytoscape Analytical ToolVisualization, modeling and analysis tool for molecular and genetic interaction networks.
- A web-based suite of tools for analyzing microarray gene expression results using the annotations of a list of genes and their cognate proteins.tools for analyzing microarray data.
- Database of interacting proteins (DIP) Database, Login requiredDatabase of experimentally observed protein-protein interactions
- DataFerrett Analytical ToolA data mining and extraction tool for statistical data from US and international government agencies, including US Census and the National Center for Health Statistics.
- dbEST (NCBI) NLMdbEST (Nature Genetics 4:332-3;1993) is a division of GenBank that contains sequence data and other information on "single-pass" cDNA sequences, or Expressed Sequence Tags, from a number of organisms.
- A database of human genetic variation.
- DeepView Swiss-PdbViewer Windows & MacintoshPowerful biomolecular structure and analysis program that interacts with SWISS-MODEL.
- DeltaGraph Product Description
- DeltaOne Knockout database DatabaseDatabase of commercially available, highly characterized knockout mice.
- Derwent Innovations Index Thomson
- Devers OHTN to glaucoma risk calculator Web version, Users must register
- Diabetes screening TreeCalc STAT!Ref
- Diabetes type predictor TreeCalc STAT!Ref
- Diagnostic test calculator Calculator
- Comprehensive database of natural products organised according to product chemical and physical properties.
- Digitalis body load STAT!Ref
- Discovery Studio visualizer Analytical Tool
- Compilation of data derived from the literature regarding therapeutic proteins and nucleic acids that are known drug targets.
- DrugBank DatabaseA bioinformatics and cheminformatics resource that combines detailed drug (i.e. chemical, pharmacological and pharmaceutical) data with comprehensive drug target (i.e. sequence, structure, and pathway) information.
- Duke criteria for infective endocarditis Calculator
- DVT probability, Kahn score system STAT!Ref
- DVT probability, Wells score sSystem STAT!Ref
- EBI XEMBL Analytical Tool
- EBM calculator (University of Toronto) Web versionCalculates the Sensitivity, Specificity, PPV, NPV, LR+, and LR-, Relative Risk (RR), Absolute Relative Risk (ARR), Number Needed to Treat (NNT), Odds Ratio (OR), Relative Risk Reduction (RRR).
- ECR Browser DatabaseA navigation tool for visualizing pre-computed evolutionary relationships in vertebrates and non-vertebrates based on whole-genome primary sequence alignment.
- The ePSS is an application designed to help primary care clinicians identify clinical preventive services that are appropriate for their patients. Based on the current, evidence-based recommendations of the U.S. Preventive Services Task Force (USPSTF)
- EMBOSS The European molecular biology open software suite. Analytical ToolEMBOSS is a high-quality package of free, Open Source software for molecular biology. It performs all of the classical molecular biological analytical tasks.
- Embryo Mobile Application, iPhone/iPod touch/iPad"Scientists and educators have used the Carnegie Embryo Collection, housed at the National Museum of Health and Medicine, to define normal human embryo development for decades. A database, called the Virtual Human Embryo, has been created to provide digital serial sections of human embryos from the collection. The Embryo App uses mobile telecommunication and multimedia technologies to add interactive capabilities to the digital information, enhancing our understanding of embryo development. This App is part of the National Library of Medicine's program to fulfill the NLM's role as a provider of medical, science and health care information using mobile technologies. The Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health & Human Development has provided support for two components of the imaging project. Scientists at Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center has supported the 3D-reconstruction of the collection to add visual dynamics to the images"--Website.
- Endnote Product DescriptionDuck Room Version X7 (Windows)Redwood Room Version X7 (Windows)Stone Room Version X7 (Windows)Student Computing Version X7 (Windows)M051 Version X7 (Windows)
- Ensembl DatabaseEnsembl is a comprehensive database of the genomes of metazoans species ranging from primitive chordates to mammals, whose genomes have been sequenced to completion.
- Entrez (NCBI) NLMIncludes information cited in MEDLINE. GenBank, EMBL, DDBJ, SWISS-PROT, PIR, PDB, PRF, dbEST and U.S. and European patents.
- Entrez Programming utilities Analytical Tool
- EPConDB DatabaseProvides access to gene expression and sequences for genes active in mouse and human beta cells.
- Epworth sleepiness scale (ESS) STAT!Ref
- Estimated blood level calculations Calculator
- EteRNA Video Game"By playing EteRNA, you will participate in creating the first large-scale library of synthetic RNA designs. Your efforts will help reveal new principles for designing RNA-based switches and nanomachines -- new systems for seeking and eventually controlling living cells and disease-causing viruses. By interacting with thousands of players and learning from real experimental feedback, you will be pioneering a completely new way to do science. Join the global laboratory!"--Website.
- Eukaryotic promoter database (EPD) DatabaseAnnotated non-redundant collection of data on eukaryotic POL II promoters for which the transcription start site has been determined experimentally.
- European system for cardiac operative risk evaluation (EuroSCORE) Calculator, Use Internet Explorer only
- Evaluating patients for smallpox Calculator
- ExactAntigen DatabaseCurated database of commercial monoclonal antibodies.
- Expanded disability status scale Calculator
- ExPASy Proteomics server EXPASyExPASy provides integrated access to a variety of databases and analytical tools dedicated to understanding proteins.
- FirstConsult [mobile] MD Consult (Firm), Users must create a personal account in the MDConsult database using a desktop or laptop, download from the App store, click the account option, and login with their MDConsult username and password.The app includes the Medical Topics section of the Web version.
- FirstGlance Analytical ToolA simple applet-based tool for macromolecular visualization.
- Foldit solve puzzles for science. Video Game"Foldit is a revolutionary new computer game enabling you to contribute to important scientific research ... With all the things proteins do to keep our bodies functioning and healthy, they can be involved in disease in many different ways. The more we know about how certain proteins fold, the better new proteins we can design to combat the disease-related proteins and cure the diseases ... We're collecting data to find out if humans' pattern-recognition and puzzle-solving abilities make them more efficient than existing computer programs at pattern-folding tasks. If this turns out to be true, we can then teach human strategies to computers and fold proteins faster than ever!"--Website.
- FoldMiner Structural similarity search and motif discovery. Analytical Tool
- Fractional excretion of sodium Calculator
- Fractional excretion of sodium STAT!Ref
- FRACTURE, Osteoporosis prediction tools Calculator
- Free water deficit Calculator
- Functional residual capacity STAT!Ref
- Galaxy combines genome annotation databases with a set of highly-integrated analytical tools to enable users to easily search remote resources, combine data from independent queries and analyses, and visualize the results.
- Gene expression atlas DatabaseA repository of microarray gene expression measurements maintained by the Genomics Institute of the Novartis Research Foundation . The atlas is aimed at profiling gene expression in a large number of tissues from Mus musculus and Homo sapiens .
- A gene expression and hybridization array data repository, as well as a curated, online resource for gene expression data browsing, query and retrieval.
- Gene ontology Video
- Gene ontology DatabaseThe Gene Ontology project provides a set of controlled vocabularies to describe gene and gene product attributes in any organism.
- Gene ontology term finder (SGD) Stanf UnivAnalyzes a list of gene IDs provided by e.g. gene expression data to find GO terms (or their parents) that occur at unexpectedly high frequency to identify commonalities between genes.
- GeneCards Weizmann Institute
- GeneSifter Analytical ToolOverview SUNet ID login and CMGM/PMGM computer account are required for web usage of this softwareWeb-based gene expression microarray analysis environment.
- GeneSpring Analytical Tool, SUNet ID login and CMGM/PMGM computer account are required to download the softwareA microarray expression data analysis tool sold by Agilent, and something of a standard for such tasks.
- Genetics computer group Analytical ToolHelp Page Login requiredThe package is a vast collection of high-quality biological analysis tools and databases
- GENEVAR GENe Expression VARiation. DatabaseProvides a microarray-based genome-wide gene expression measurements in the HapMap samples.
- GenMAPP, gene map annotator and pathway profile Analytical Tool
- GEO NCBIA gene expression and hybridization array data repository, as well as a curated, online resource for gene expression data browsing, query and retrieval.
- Geriatric depression scale STAT!Ref
- Geriatric functional rating scale (GFRS) Calculator, Use Internet Explorer only
- GFR calculator (with SI units) Calculator
- GFR calculator for children and adolescents up to 18 years old, Schwartz and Counahan-Barratt methods Calculator
- GI bleed complication risk Calculator
- Gibbs Motif sampler Analytical ToolA powerful, well-documented DNA and protein motif finder program.
- GibbsILR Analytical ToolA DNA motif finder that is optimized for the identification of relatively weak motifs.
- Glasgow Coma Scale NCEMI
- Glasgow Coma Scale (MedCalc3000) STAT!Ref
- Glaucoma 5-year risk estimator Calculator
- Glaucoma risk calculator Web version, Users must register
- GoMiner Analytical ToolTool for biological interpretation of 'omic' data; can process large gene or protein lists.
- Google Chart Analytical ToolFree, simple charting service provided by Google. Suitable for charting simple to moderately complex biomedical data types. Large number of chart types and options.
- Google Chrome Product DescriptionDuck Room Version 29- (Windows)Redwood Room Version 29- (Windows)Stone Room Version 29- (Windows)M051 Version 29- (Windows)Student Computing Version 29- (Windows); Version 26- (Macintosh)
- GoPubMed Database
- Gorlin formula for valve area STAT!Ref
- GPCRDB stores curated sequences, mutation and ligand binding data for G-coupled protein receptors (GPCRs).
- GraphPAD Prism. Version 6 Product DescriptionDuck Room, duck-win7-pc9 and duck-win7-pc10 Version 6 (Windows)
- GraphPad StatMate Analytical Tool (Product Information)StatMate is an expensive, easy to use tool for estimating the statistical power of an experiment necessary to detect various hypothetical differences.
- GREAT Genomic Regions Enrichment of Annotations Tool. Analytical ToolA tool for analyzing the functional significance of cis-regulatory regions identified by localized measurements of DNA binding events across an entire genome. Incorporates both proximal and distal binding sites. Incorporates annotations from 20 ontologies.
- GT database DatabaseGTDB and its associated Glycosylation Pathways pages provide a graphical interface for navigating the universe of enzymes involved in glycosylation.
- Health hotlines Mobile Application, iPhone/iPod touch/iPadOnline database NLM"Health Hotlines is a compilation of organizations with toll-free telephone numbers. It is derived from DIRLINE, the National Library of Medicine's Directory of Information Resources Online. This database contains descriptions of over 14,000 biomedical information resources, including organizations, databases, research resources, etc."--Website
- Henderson-Hasselbach equation STAT!Ref
- Hepatitis C virus database (HCV db) DatabaseCentralized repository and clearinghouse of data and tools pertaining to all aspects of the hepatitis C virus: viral subtypes, genomes, sequence alignment tools, ortholog comparisons.
- HGNC Search DatabaseDatabase created by the HGNC under the auspices of HUGO charged with giving unique and meaningful names to every human gene.
- HiMAP, human interactome map Database
- HomoloGene NLM
- Homologous vertebrate genes database DatabaseIdentifies homologous genes in vertebrate using an automated procedure. .
- HOVERGEN DatabaseIdentifies homologous genes in vertebrate using an automated procedure. .
- Database of computationally predicted potential tumor associated antigenes based upon expression data from multiple sources.
- This site contains the reference sequence for the human and C. elegans genomes.
- Human protein reference database Database
- Hypernatremia treatment algorithm Calculator
- Hyponatremia & hypernatremia Calculator
- Hyponatremia treatment algorithm Calculator
- IARC TP53 mutation database DatabaseCompilation of all TP53 gene mutations identified in human cancers and cell lines that have been reported in the peer-reviewed literature since 1989, including somatic and germline mutations.
- ICD-10 code translator CalculatorAllows users to convert ICD-9 to ICD-10 codes. ICD-9 is being expanded from 17,000 to 141,000 ICD-10 codes. This tool only converts ICD-10-CM codes, not ICD-10-PCS. Clinical Modification ICD-10-CM is used for diagnosis coding. The effective implementation date for ICD-10-CM (and ICD-10-PCS) is October 1, 2014.
- Ideal body weight STAT!Ref
- Ideal body weight percentage STAT!Ref
- iHOP uses a combination of natural language parsing and gene identifiers to navigate the biomedical literature, thus providing a rapid overview of gene properties.
- Image J Analytical ToolA free multi-platform scientific image analysis and processing program written in Java.
- ImMunoGeneTics (IMGT) Database
- Inches to centimeters conversion calculator Calculator
- Influenza sequence database Database
- Ingenuity pathways analysis IPA. Analytical Tool, SUNet ID login and registration requiredIngenuity pathways analysis, IPA, provides information on gene expression and protein-protein interactions within the context of metabolic or signaling pathways.
- InsightII CMGM Unix Software, SUNet ID login and CMGM/PMGM computer account are required to download the softwareSophisticated molecular modeling environment with a powerful graphical interface to algorithms for molecular dynamics, homology modeling, de novo design, and electrostatics. Relevant to protein modelers, computational chemists, and structural biologists.
- Inspiratory capacity STAT!Ref
- InStat Stanf Univ, SUNet ID login and CMGM/PMGM computer account are required to download the softwareA statistical analysis program that is both simple and decently powerful.
- Interactive growth charts Calculator
- Interferon stimulated gene database DatabaseDatabase of genes that are stimulated by interferon, arranged according to gene function or disease association categories.
- InterPro DatabaseA database of protein families, domains and functional sites in which identifiable features found in known proteins can be applied to unknown protein sequences.
- InterProScan Analytical ToolQuerying tool for searching the InterPro database of protein domains and motifs.
- Focus is on undertaking design and implementation of computational and information systems for life scientists and healthcare providers. Case studies illustrate what design factors lead to success or failure in building systems in complex biomedical environments.
- Introduction to R Video, SUNet ID login requiredR is a computer language and environment for statistical computing and graphics. It is widely used in biostatistics, including microarray and proteomics data analysis.
- IV infusion rate Calculator
- Java Product DescriptionDuck Room Version 7, Update 9 (Windows)Redwood Room Version 7, Update 9 (Windows)Stone Room Version 7, Update 9 (Windows)Student Computing Version 7, Updated 9 (Windows & Macintosh)M051 Version 7, Updated 9 (Windows)
Shortcut to Licensed Content
Bookmark on other websites
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Links” (IE7) or “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
- Once installed it will look like this
- Click "Bookmark on Lane" to bookmark any webpage
- Your saved bookmark will appear on this page
What is it?
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) gives you access to resources licensed by the library even when you're not coming from a Lane or a Stanford IP address.
While we'd like Lane to be your gateway to our licensed content, we recognize that links to books, articles and journals come from a variety of different sources (Google, your email, RSS reader, etc.).
When installed, it will look your browser bookmark.
At the page you would like to proxy, click the "Lane Gateway to Licensed Content" to invoke it.
If Lane licenses that content, you'll get access as if you were on campus.
How does it work?
This allows you to view the URL as though you were on campus, giving you access to materials licensed for use by the Stanford academic community.
If you're not authenticated, you'll be prompted for your SUNetID and password.
Don't see the Toolbar, Bookmarks, or Links or Favorites bar?
From the "View" menu, select "Toolbars" & choose "Bookmarks Toolbar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Show Bookmarks Bar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Always Show Bookmarks Bar"
- Right-click in a clear area near the browser address bar
- In the menu, check a box next "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites Bar" (IE8, IE9)
- Managing IE Favorites
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) only works with resources Lane has licensed and configured to work with our proxy server.
If invoked on a resource we do not license and/or have not yet configured, you will see an error message:
The Lane proxy server cannot complete your request because this host has not been configured properly.
We make no attempt to configure our proxy server for every resource, only those we license and for which a Stanford IP address grants access.
Drag this button onto your browser toolbar to install.
- Right click this button
- Select "Add to Favorites", click "Continue" if you see a security alert
- In "Create in" menu, select "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites Bar" (IE8, IE9) to install
Drag this button onto Safari Bookmarks bar to install.