ALLAccess restricted to Stanford unless otherwise noted
- 10 year CVD risk calculator CalculatorThis risk assessment tool uses information from the Framingham Heart Study to predict a person's chance of having a heart attack in the next 10 years. This tool is designed for adults aged 20 and older who do not have heart disease or diabetes. The calculation is based on age, gender, total and HDL cholesterol, smoker status, systolic blood pressure, and whether current medications are involved.
- 3D Domains NCBI
- 3DID, 3D interacting domains Database
- A-a gradient STAT!Ref
- Abcam DatabaseAn extensive repository of antibodies available for purchase. It provides information and purchase information for antibodies.
- ABG Mobile Application, iPhone/iPod touch/iPadMultipurpose medical calculator. Includes functionality to analyze arterial blood gasses and to determine drip rate from desired dosing for an infusion (or vice-versa).
- AbMiner DatabaseAbMiner is a tool that allows users to search for appropriate, commercially available antibodies (>600) for research purposes, and to match each antibody to its respective genomic identifiers. The unique feature of this antibody collection is that all antibodies are screened by Western blot. The sample used for antibody screening was a pool of the NCI-60 cancer cell lines, comprised of 60 different cell lines from 9 different tissues of origin. Besides results, AbMiner also includes the dilutions used and pertinent vendor information for all antibodies. The target antigen for each antibody was translated to the encoding gene symbol using MatchMiner. Other identifiers include gene name, HUGO status, UniGene Cluster ID, RefSeq for protein and mRNA, and Entrez Gene Ids. These identifiers are updated periodically as new information becomes available. Users can search AbMIner by any of the identifiers and easily navigate between antibody, protein, mRNA, and gene.
- Absolute Neutrophil count STAT!Ref
- Absolute Reticulocyte count STAT!Ref
- Adobe Acrobat Product DescriptionStudent Computing Version XI (Windows); Version X (Macintosh)M051 Version XI (Windows)Duck Room Version XI (Windows)Redwood Room Version XI (Windows)Stone Room Version XI (Windows)
- Adobe Flash Player Product DescriptionStudent Computing Version 11 (Windows)M051 Version 11 (Windows)Duck Room Version 11 (Windows)Redwood Room Version 11 (Windows)Stone Room Version 11 (Windows)
- Adobe Photoshop Product DescriptionRedwood Room, on computers Scan 1 & Scan 2, only. Version CS6 (Windows)
- AffinDB DatabaseA database of affinity data for structurally resolved protein-ligand complexes from the Protein Data Bank (PDB).
- Age calculator Calculator
- The ePSS is an application designed to help primary care clinicians identify clinical preventive services that are appropriate for their patients. Based on the current, evidence-based recommendations of the U.S. Preventive Services Task Force (USPSTF)
- AHRQ Inpatient quality indicators Fulltext
- AHRQ Patient safety indicators PSI Download
- AHRQ Pediatric quality indicators Fulltext
- AHRQ Prevention quality indicators Fulltext
- AIDSinfo Mobile Application, iPhone/iPod touch/iPad"This app is designed as a resource to help health care providers, caseworkers, community-based organization professionals, and people living with HIV/AIDS and their families understand complex HIV/AIDS terminology. AIDSinfo, a service of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), is a trusted source for information about HIV/AIDS treatment, clinical trials, and medical practice guidelines for consumers and health care providers. AIDSinfo is collectively sponsored by the National Institutes of Health (NIH), Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA), and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)"--Website.
- Alcoholic liver disease STAT!Ref
- Allen brain atlas DatabaseThe Allen Brain Atlas (ABA) is a genome-wide image database of gene expression in the mouse brain. RNA in situ hybridization data, detailed Reference Atlases and analysis tools combine to provide a searchable digital atlas of gene expression. Presents a comprehensive online platform for exploration of the brain at the cellular and molecular level.
- Alvarado appendicitis score Calculator
- Alveolar-arterial gradient calculator Calculator
- Aminoglycoside clearance estimate STAT!Ref
- Anatomy hangman Palm
- Anion gap STAT!Ref
- Anion gap delta Multicalc STAT!Ref
- AntiJen database Database"AntiJen is a database of kinetic, thermodynamic and cellular properties for immune system proteins (MHCs, T cell receptors, B cell epitopes). It stores quantitative binding data for peptides binding to MHC Ligand, TCR-MHC Complexes, T Cell Epitope, TAP, B Cell Epitope molecules and immunological Protein-Protein interactions. AntiJen also includes a Peptide Library, Copy Numbers and Diffusion Coefficient data. All entries are from published experimentally determined data. The database currently holds over 24,000 entries. No data in AntiJen is from prediction experiments."
- Apache II Web version
- APACHE II scoring system and mortality estimates (Acute Physiology and Chronic Health Disease Classification System II) STAT!Ref
- Apgar score STAT!Ref
- APMIS. Supplementum no. 106-, 2003-, Acad Search Prem, Full text delayed 12 monthsv. 119-, 2006- Wiley
- Maintains a database of genetic and molecular biology data for the model higher plant Arabidopsis thaliana. Includes the complete genome sequence along with gene structure, gene product information, metabolism, gene expression, DNA and seed stocks, genome maps, genetic and physical markers, publications, and information about the Arabidopsis research community.
- ARDS severity score Calculator, Use Internet Explorer only
- Artemis Analytical ToolA DNA sequence viewer and annotation tool that allows visualization of sequence features and the results of analyses within the context of the sequence and of its six-frame translation. It reads EMBL-format sequences and feature tables, and can work on sequences ranging from a few kb to entire genomes of 5 Mb or more.
- Ascites Albumin gradient STAT!Ref
- Atlas of Gene Expression in Mouse Aging Project (AGEMAP) Database (Product Information)The Atlas of Gene Expression in Mouse Aging Project ( AGEMAP ) is a database that catalogs changes in gene expression as a function of the aging process in Mus musculus.
- Available chemicals directory (ACD) Fulltext
- Axon Video Game"In this fast-paced game, you must click on protein targets to grow your neuron, connecting new brain regions. Climb through the tissue, outcompeting rival neurons to form the longest connection you can"--Website.
- Basic unit conversions STAT!Ref
- Bassett interactive, annotated Atlas of human anatomy Download software, Stanford users must download software to view fulltextInteractive digital atlas eHuman
- Bayesian analysis model Calculator
- Bayesian statistics I multiCalc STAT!Ref
- Bayesian statistics II MultiCalc STAT!Ref
- Beginning MySQL 2005, ebrary
- Bicarbonate deficit STAT!Ref
- BiliTool Calculator
- BIND Database, Users need to register for a free accountOne of the main repositories for the storage of curated descriptions of protein interactions, molecular complexes and pathways.
- Binding interface database Database
- Binding-site estimation suite of tools Analytical ToolMetasearching sequence motif finding tool that enables easy comparison of outputs from AlignACE, BioProspector, CONSENSUS and MEME for transcription factor binding site prediction.
- BindingDB DatabaseDatabase of experimentally-determined binding affinities of protein-ligand complexes, including small molecule ligands.
- BIOBASE Knowledge Library (Formerly called Proteome)BIOBASE knowledge(R) library is a suite of databases updated weekly and focused on protein information in the published biological literature. The suite of databases focuses on mammalian species, model organisms, and human fungal pathogens in: HumanPSD - Proteome Survey DB for information on human, mouse, and rat proteins. GPCR-PD - G Protein-coupled Receptors DB for human, mouse & rat proteins, their ligands & downstream signaling molecules. YPD - Model organism S. cerevisiae. PombePD - Model organism S. pombe. WormPD - Model organism C. elegans. MycoPathPD - Human fungal pathogen DB.
- BioCyc database collection Database ListBioCyc is a collection of hundreds of Pathway/Genome Databases covering mostly prokaryotes, each of which describing the genome and metabolic pathways of a single organism. Most of these databases are computationally generated, but two are generated by an extensive curation process
- Biology Workbench Analytical ToolThe Biology WorkBench is a web-based tool for biologists. The WorkBench allows biologists to search many popular protein and nucleic acid sequence databases. Database searching is integrated with access to a wide variety of analysis and modeling tools, all within a point and click interface that eliminates file format compatibility problems.
- BioMart FulltextBioMart is a query-oriented data management system developed jointly by the Ontario Institute for Cancer Research (OICR) and the European Bioinformatics Institute (EBI) that enables scientists to perform advanced querying of biological data sources through a single web interface. It offers access to major biomolecular sequence, pathway and annotation databases such as Ensembl, Uniprot, Reactome, HGNC, Wormbase and PRIDE.
- Biomolecular interaction network database (BIND) Database, Users need to register for a free accountOne of the main repositories for the storage of curated descriptions of protein interactions, molecular complexes and pathways.
- BioPerl Analytical ToolBioPerl is a vast collection of Perl packages for performing typical analytical and management tasks for biological data
- BioProspector Analytical ToolA powerful tool for identifying DNA and protein motifs.
- BIOSIS 1926-, Thomson
- Biostatistics : Video, SUNet ID login required
- BioToolKit DatabaseA web-accessible annotated database of over 1200 online resources of interest to molecular biologists and neurobiologists.
- BioWarehouse Database SystemBioWarehouse is a relational database system for the integration of multiple bioinformatics databases. It provides a central data repository in a common representational framework within a single DB management system.
- BLAST (NCBI) NLMNucleotide or protein sequence similarity using the BLAST algorithm. BLAST compares a nucleotide sequence against the GenBank nucleotide sequence database.
- BLAST Output Visualization Tool (BOV) Analytical ToolBOV enables users to interactively visualize BLAST high-scoring segment pairs to understand matching patterns between a query and a subject sequence.
- Bleeding probability after TPA for MI Calculator
- Blood alcohol concentration estimation Calculator
- Blood oxygen content calculator Calculator
- Download iPhone App iPhone App
- Body mass index (Quetelet's index) STAT!Ref
- Body surface area (Du Bois method) STAT!Ref
- Body surface area, body mass index Calculator
- Body surface area, body mass index (BMI) Calculator
- BodyMap DatabaseA repository of expression data for tissues and cell types of Homo sapiens and Mus musculus. BioMap attempts to reflect accurately the abundance of transcripts in the original source.
- Bradycardia treatment algorithm Calculator
- BrainNavigator Database, Users must registerBrainNavigator, a 3D brain interactive software tool for research in the rodent brain, combines atlas content and 3D capabilities based on technologies from the Allen Institute for Brain Science. It provides imaging for research, education and structure analysis to allow researchers to know exactly where they are when working with the rodent brain. Login is required for every user to access personalized workspace annotation, calibration, notes sharing, 3D slice configuration, saving of 3D model configurations and planning injection or electrode implants. BrainNavigator combines atlas content and 3D capabilities based on technologies from the Allen Institute for Brain Science.
- Breast cancer risk assessment tool Calculator
- BRENDA Univ CologneLogin Univ CologneBRENDA is the main collection of enzyme functional data available to the scientific community. It is the comprehensive enzyme database of data from primary literature sources, and includes links to literature citations, two-dimensional images, and other databases.
- BSA/BMI Calculator
- Candida genome database (CGD) Stanf UnivStores and organizes highly curated data for the yeast Candida albicans.
- Step 1. Physical Exam - Step 2. Co-existing Conditions - Step 3. Lab and Radiology Findings.
- Cardiac output STAT!Ref
- Cardiac output MultiCalc STAT!Ref
- Cardiac risk index for noncardiac surgical procedures Calculator, Use Internet Explorer only
- The Catalogue of somatic mutations In cancer (COSMIC) is a specialized database that stores data about somatic mutations related to human cancers.
- Catalyst Product DescriptionIntegrated software environment for pharmacophore modeling and three-dimensional modeling, with applications for rational drug design.
- CATH DatabaseThe Class Architecture Topology and Homologous superfamily protein structure classification (CATH) is one of the main databases providing hierarchical classification of protein domain structures. It clusters proteins at four major levels: Class(C), Architecture(A), Topology(T) and Homologous superfamily (H).
- CDTree Analytical ToolD igiFreeA system for studying the the classification of protein sequences and investigate their evolutionary relationships based on protein domains; includes a suite of analysis methods to visualize the structure of domains and align new domains against exist sequences.
- Cerius2 Product DescriptionPackage of molecular modeling and simulations programs, with applications in rational drug design and structure-based drug design.
- ChemBio3D Analytical Tool (Product Information)Molecular modeling and protein visualization software.
- Chi square analysis STAT!Ref
- CisGenome Analytical ToolAn integrated tool for tiling array, ChIP-seq, genome and cis-regulatory element analysis.
- Closing capacity STAT!Ref
- CMGM Computing resource Analytical Tool, CMGM/PMGM registration requiredThe Oligo program is likely the best tool for creating oligonucleotides ("oligos"), i.e., determining the sequence of oligos so that they can be synthesized and used in e.g., polymerase chain reaction (PCR).
- Cn3D Windows & Macintosh
- Collaborative Drug Discovery Database (Product Information)The Collaborative Drug Discovery (CDD) database is a system that enables scientists to archive, mine, and collaborate around pre-clinical chemical and biological drug discovery data using a web-based interface.
- COMBOSA3D Analytical ToolA popular DNA motif finder applicable to finding candidates for regulatory factor binding sites by searching for statistically overrepresented motifs. It enumerates all motifs in the search space and is guaranteed to produce those motifs with greatest z-scores
- Comorbidity Index and Score of Charlson et al Calculators, Use Internet Explorer only
- CompareProspector Analytical ToolGibbs sampling search tool biased to search in promoter regions that are conserved across species to identify motifs for transcription factors.
- The Comprehensive microbial resource (CMR) is a repository of data covering all microbial genomes whose genome has been sequenced to completion.
- Comprehensive unit conversions STAT!Ref
- Confidence interval of a survey STAT!Ref
- Consed Download software
- ContigExpress Analytical ToolA module of Vector NTI for generating and analyzing biomolecular sequence contigs.
- Convert celsius to fahrenheit Calculator
- Coremine DatabaseDatabase that presents search results as a graphic network that describes relationships discovered through text-mining. Relationship networks cluster important terms and act as a navigational tool. This approach is used to show relationships between a wide range of biomedical terms, including Medical Subject Heading, Gene Ontology, Pharmaceutical, Herbal medicine and Chemical as well as Gene and Protein terms.
- Coronary disease probability Calculator
- Coronary Heart Disease Risk Calculator CalculatorPredicts the risk of heart disease within 10 years. The results are applicable only for the ages of 30 to 74. Risk factors include: sex, age, smoker, diabetes, blood pressure, and cholesterol.
- Corrected CSF white count calculator Calculator
- Corrected serum Na+ Calculator
Shortcut to Licensed Content
Bookmark on other websites
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Links” (IE7) or “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
- Once installed it will look like this
- Click "Bookmark on Lane" to bookmark any webpage
- Your saved bookmark will appear on this page
What is it?
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) gives you access to resources licensed by the library even when you're not coming from a Lane or a Stanford IP address.
While we'd like Lane to be your gateway to our licensed content, we recognize that links to books, articles and journals come from a variety of different sources (Google, your email, RSS reader, etc.).
When installed, it will look your browser bookmark.
At the page you would like to proxy, click the "Lane Gateway to Licensed Content" to invoke it.
If Lane licenses that content, you'll get access as if you were on campus.
How does it work?
This allows you to view the URL as though you were on campus, giving you access to materials licensed for use by the Stanford academic community.
If you're not authenticated, you'll be prompted for your SUNetID and password.
Don't see the Toolbar, Bookmarks, or Links or Favorites bar?
From the "View" menu, select "Toolbars" & choose "Bookmarks Toolbar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Show Bookmarks Bar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Always Show Bookmarks Bar"
- Right-click in a clear area near the browser address bar
- In the menu, check a box next "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites" (IE8, IE9)
- Managing IE Favorites
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) only works with resources Lane has licensed and configured to work with our proxy server.
If invoked on a resource we do not license and/or have not yet configured, you will see an error message:
The Lane proxy server cannot complete your request because this host has not been configured properly.
We make no attempt to configure our proxy server for every resource, only those we license and for which a Stanford IP address grants access.
Drag this button onto your browser toolbar to install.
- Right click this button
- Select "Add to Favorites", click "Continue" if you see a security alert
- In "Create in" menu, select "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites Bar" (IE8, IE9) to install
Drag this button onto Safari Bookmarks bar to install.