- Print Material
- Navigational surgery of the facial skeleton 2007Springer
- Print Material
- Net anatomySch Educ SystSite is designed to teach human anatomy to students of the health professions, and to serve to review anatomy for clinical rotations and USMLE preparation.
- NetAnatomySch Educ SystSite is designed to teach human anatomy to students of the health professions, and to serve to review anatomy for clinical rotations and USMLE preparation.
- Section 1. Development of the genital tracts and functional relationships of the gonads -- section 2. The penis and male perineum -- section 3. The scrotum and testis -- section 4. The seminal vesicles and prostate -- section 5. Sperm and ejaculation -- section 6. The vulva -- section 7. The vagina -- section 8. The uterus and cervix -- section 9. The fallopian tubes -- section 10. The ovaries -- section 11. The ovum and reproduction -- section 12. Pregnancy -- section 13. The breast.
- Section 1. Pituitary and hypothalamus -- section 2. Thyroid -- section 3. Adrenal -- section 4. Reproduction -- section 5. Pancreas -- section 6. Bone and calcium -- section 7. Lipids and nutrition -- section 8. Genetics and endocrine neoplasia.
- Section 1. Anatomy and embryology -- section 2. Physiology -- section 3. Diagnostic procedures -- section 4. Diseases and pathology -- section 5. Therapies and therapeutic procedures.
- Anatomy, Physiology, and Embryology -- Benign Growths -- Malignant Growths -- Rashes -- Autoimmune Blistering Diseases -- Infectious Diseases -- Hair and Nail Diseases -- Nutritional and Metabolic Diseases -- Genodermatoses and Syndromes.
- Section 1: Anatomy of the Urinary Tract -- Section 2: Normal and Abnormal Development -- Section 3: Physiology -- Section 4: Renal Diseases -- Section 5: Urinary Tract Infections -- Section 6: Urinary Tract Obstructions -- Section 7: Traumatic Injuries -- Section 8: Voiding Dysfunction -- Section 9: Neoplasms -- Section 10: Therapeutics.
- Netter collection of medical illustrations. Volume 6, Musculoskeletal system. Part I, Upper limb 2013ClinicalKeySection 1. Shoulder -- Section 2. Upper arm and elbow -- Section 3. Forearm and wrist -- Section 4. Hand and finger.
- Netter collection of medical illustrations. Volume 6, Musculoskeletal system. Part II, Spine and lower limb a compilation of paintings. 2nd ed. 2013ClinicalKeySection 1: Spine -- Section 2: Pelvis, Hip, and Thigh -- Section 3: Knee -- Section 4: Lower Leg -- Section 5: Ankle and Foot.
- Netter collection of medical illustrations. Volume 6, Musculoskeletal system. Part III, Biology and systemic diseases. 2nd ed. 2013ClinicalKeySection 1. Embryology -- section 2. Physiology -- section 3. Metabolic diseases -- section 4. Congenital and developmental disorders -- section 5. Rheumatic diseases -- section 6. Tumors of musculoskeletal system -- section 7. Injury to musculoskeletal system -- section 8. Soft tissue infections -- section 9. Complications of fracture.
- Netter collection of medical illustrations. Volume 7, Nervous system. Part 1, Brain. 2nd ed. 2013ClinicalKeySection 1: Normal and Abnormal Development -- Section 2: Cerebral Cortex and Neurocognitive Disorders -- Section 3: Epilepsy -- Section 4: Psychiatry -- Section 5: Hypothalamus, Pituitary, Sleep, and Thalamus -- Section 6: Disorders of Consciousness (Coma) -- Section 7: Basal Ganglia and Movement Disorders -- Section 8: Cerebellum and Ataxia -- Section 9: Cerebrovascular Circulation and Stroke -- Section 10: Multiple Sclerosis and Other Central Nervous System Autoimmune Disorders -- Section 11: Infections of the Nervous System -- Section 12: Neuro-Oncology -- Section 13: Headache -- Section 14: Head Trauma.
- Netter collection of medical illustrations. Volume 7, Nervous system. Part II, Spinal cord and peripheral motor and sensory systems. 2nd ed. 2013ClinicalKeySection 1: Cranial Nerve and Neuro-Ophthalmologic Disorders -- Section 2: Spinal Cord: Anatomy and Myelopathies -- Section 3: Spinal Trauma -- Section 4: Nerve Roots and Plexus Disorders -- Section 5: Mononeuropathies -- Section 6: Peripheral Neuropathies -- Section 7: Autonomic Nervous System and Its Disorders -- Section 8: Pain -- Section 9: Floppy Infant -- Section 10: Motor Neuron and Its Disorders -- Section 11: Neuromuscular Junction and Its Disorders -- Section 12: Muscle and Its Disorders.
- Netter Collection of medical illustrations. Volume 8, Cardiovascular system. 2nd edition. 2014ClinicalKeyView the cardiovascular system as only Netter images can depict it. This spectacularly illustrated volume, part of the masterwork known as the Netter (CIBA) "Green Books," provides a highly visual guide to the heart, from basic science, anatomy, and physiology to pathology and injury. This classic Netter reference has been updated to mirror the many exciting advances in cardiovascular medicine and imaging - offering unparalleled insights into anatomy, physiology, and clinical conditions. Gain a rich clinical view of all aspects of the cardiovascular system in one comprehensive volume, conveyed through beautiful illustrations and radiologic images. Clearly see the connection between basic science and clinical practice with an integrated overview of normal structure and function as it relates to pathologic conditions. Grasp current clinical concepts regarding development, pediatrics, and adult medicine captured in classic Netter illustrations, as well as new illustrations created by artist-physician Carlos Machado, MD, and others working in the Netter style. Quickly understand complex topics thanks to a concise text-atlas format that provides a context bridge between primary and specialized medicine. Benefit from matchless Netter illustrations that offer precision, clarity, detail and realism as they provide a visual approach to the clinical presentation and care of the patient.
- Netter's Correlative imaging. Abdominal and pelvic anatomy 2013ClinicalKey"Visualize normal anatomy of the abdomen and pelvis like never before with Netter's Correlative Imaging: Abdominal and Pelvic Anatomy. This outstanding radiology reference from Dr. Drew A. Torigian and Dr. Mary Kitazono Hammell features beautiful and instructive Netter paintings and illustrated cross-sections created in the Netter style, presented side by side with high-quality patient MR images to help you envision and review both gastrointestinal and genitourinary anatomy section by section."--Publisher's website.
- Netter's Atlas of human embryology. Updated ed. 2012ClinicalKeyHere's a rich pictorial review of normal and abnormal human prenatal development. For each body system or region, you'll find a brief description of the developmental plan, with key concepts and terminology, followed by discussions of histological principles, the classification of congenital defects, and basic cellular, molecular, and genetic concepts. An emphasis on morphological patterns in the embryo and fetus makes it easy to understand the structure and function of the adult body and the embryonic basis of birth defects. Summary tables and terminology sections at the end of each chapter, plus an appendix with all major congenital defects and their embryonic basis, make it easy to review course material and prepare for the USMLE.
- Netter's Atlas of neuroscience. 2nd ed. 2010ClinicalKey"Netters Atlas of Neuroscience, by David L. Felten and Anil N. Shetty, is an atlas and textbook that combines nearly 400 illustrations and radiologic images highlighting key neuroanatomical concepts and clinical correlations with updated information that reflects our current understanding of the nervous system. It offers user-friendly coverage in three parts-an overview of the nervous system, regional neuroscience, and systemic neuroscience- that enable you to review complex neural structures and systems from different contexts. Online access to Student Consult- where you will find the complete fully searchable contents of the book, videos of imaging sequences, links to relevant content in other Student Consult titles, and more- further enhances your study and helps to prepare you for exams."--Publisher's website.
- Netter's Clinical anatomy. Third edition. [3rd ed.] 2014ClinicalKeyNetter's Clinical Anatomy, 3rd Edition is a Clinical Anatomy textbook you will actually "read." A concise, focused and manageable medical reference textbook for your busy lives! The uniquely aesthetic and memorable Netter-style illustrations-accompanied by descriptive text and tables-help you to visually grasp and focus on the most relevant clinical implications of anatomical concepts. Multiple-choice review questions at the end of each chapter plus online access to the complete text-with additional Clinical examples and study questions-result in a thorough but quick introduction to basic and clinical anatomy as well as a fast review source-the perfect supplement to your course's syllabus, lectures, conferences and labs. Enhance your learning and understanding with "Clinical Focus" boxes presenting hundreds of illustrated clinical correlations that bridge anatomy to pathophysiology, and Features and Characteristics boxes that explain the relation between structure and function. Get a quick overview of the MSK system. Muscle/Ligament/Joint Tables summarize attachment points, actions, and other key information related to each structure.
- Netter's Concise orthopaedic anatomy. 2nd ed. 2010ClinicalKey"Along with the latest data in thoroughly updated diagnostic and treatment algorithms for all conditions you'll get even more art from the Netter Collection as well as new radiologic images that visually demonstrate the key clinical correlations and applications of anatomical imaging."--BOOK JACKET.
- Netter's Concise radiologic anatomy with Student Consult online access. Second edition. [2nd ed.] 2014ClinicalKeyDesigned to make learning more interesting and clinically meaningful, Netter's Concise Radiologic Anatomy, 2nd Edition matches radiologic images-from MR and ultrasound to CT and advanced imaging reconstructions-to the exquisite artwork of master medical illustrator Frank H. Netter, MD. As a companion to the bestselling Netter's Atlas of Human Anatomy, this updated medical textbook begins with the anatomy and matches radiologic images to the anatomic images; the result is a concise, visual guide that shows how advanced diagnostic imaging is an amazing "dissection tool" for viewing human anatomy in the living patient! Quickly review key information with a concise, user-friendly format that is organized and color-coded to be in-line with Netter's Atlas of Human Anatomy, 6th Edition. View direct, at-a-glance comparisons between idealized anatomic illustrations and real-life medicine with side-by-side radiology examples of normal anatomy and common variants with corresponding anatomy illustrations.Improve upon your knowledge with a brief background in basic radiology, including reconstructions and a list of common abbreviations for the images presented.
- Print Material
- Netter's correlative imaging : Neuroanatomy 2015ClinicalKeyOverview of brain -- Brain -- Thalamus and basal ganglia -- Limbic system -- Brainstem and cranial nerves -- Ventricles and cerebrospinal fluid cisterns -- Sella turcica -- Overview of head and neck -- Paranasal sinuses -- Orbits -- Mandible, muscles of mastication -- Temporal bone (middle ear, cochlea, vestibular system) -- Oral cavity, pharynx, and suprahyoid neck -- Hypopharynx, larynx, and infrahyoid neck -- Overview of spine -- Spine.
- Netter's Correlative imaging. Cardiothoracic anatomy 2013ClinicalKeyOverview of thoracic anatomy -- Thoracic soft tissue and lung -- Pulmonary anatomy and variants -- Thoracic lymph nodes -- Cisterna chyli and thoracic duct -- Venous anatomy and variants -- Overview of cardiac anatomy -- Cardiac anatomy using CT -- Cardiac anatomy using MR.
- Netter's Correlative imaging. Musculoskeletal anatomy 2011ClinicalKeyMusculoskeletal Anatomy is the first title in the brand new Netter's Correlative Imaging series. Series editor and specialist in musculoskeletal imaging Dr. Nancy Major and coauthor, Michael Malinzak, presents Netter's beautiful and instructive paintings and illustrated cross sections created in the Netter style side-by-side with high-quality patient MR images created with commonly used pulse sequences to help you visualize the anatomy section by section. With in-depth coverage and concise descriptive text for at-a-glance information and access to correlated images online, this atlas is a comprehensive reference that's ideal for today's busy imaging specialists. View upper and lower limbs in sagittal, coronal, and axial view MRs of commonly used pulse sequences, each slice complemented by a detailed illustration in the instructional and aesthetic Netter style. Find anatomical landmarks quickly and easily through comprehensive labeling and concise text highlighting key points related to the illustration and image pairings. Correlate patient data to idealized normal anatomy in the approximately 30 cross-sections per joint that illustrate the complexities of musculoskeletal anatomy.
- Netter's Essential histology. 2nd ed. 2013ClinicalKeyNetter's Essential Histology integrates gross anatomy and embryology with classic histology slides and cutting-edge scanning electron microscopy to give you a rich visual understanding of this complex subject. This histology textbook-atlas has a strong anatomy foundation and utilizes a variety of visual elements - including Netter illustrations and light and electron micrographs - to teach you the most indispensible histologic concepts and their clinical relevance. Excellent as both a reference and a review, Netter's Essential Histology will serve you well at any stage of your healthcare career. Gain a rich understanding of this vital subject through the succinct explanatory histology text. Learn to recognize both normal and diseased structures at the microscopic level with the aid of succinct explanatory text as well as numerous clinical boxes.Access the entire contents and ancillary components online at Student Consult, view images and histology slides at different magnifications, and watch new narrated video overviews of each chapter.Take your learning one step further with the purchase of Netter's Histology Flash Cards (sold separately), designed to reinforce your understanding of how the human body works in health as well as illness and injury.
- Netter's Essential physiology. 1st ed. 2009ClinicalKeyThe Cell and Fluid Homeostasis -- Membrane Transport -- Nerve and Muscle Physiology -- Organization and General Functions of the Nervous System -- Sensory Physiology -- The Somatic Motor System -- The Autonomic Nervous System -- Overview of the Heart and Circulation -- Cardiac Electrophysiology -- Flow, Pressure, and Resistance -- The Cardiac Pump -- The Peripheral Circulation -- Pulmonary Ventilation and Perfusion and Diffusion of Gases -- The Mechanics of Breathing -- Oxygen and Carbon Dioxide Transport and Control of Respiration -- Overview, Glomerular Filtration, and Renal Clearance -- Renal Transport Processes -- Urine Concentration and Dilution Mechanisms -- Regulation of Extracellular Fluid Volume and Osmolarity -- Regulation of Acid-Base Balance by the Kidneys -- Overview of the Gastrointestinal Tract -- Motility through the Gastrointestinal Tract -- Gastrointestinal Secretions -- Hepatobiliary Function -- Digestion and Absorption -- General Principles of Endocrinology and Pituitary and Hypothalamic Hormones -- Thyroid Hormones -- Adrenal Hormones -- The Endocrine Pancreas -- Calcium-Regulating Hormones -- Hormones of the Reproductive System.
- Netter's Head and neck anatomy for dentistry. 2nd ed. 2012ClinicalKeyNeil S. Norton, PhD, uses more than 600 full-color images from the Netter Collection to richly depict all of the key anatomy that's relevant to clinical practice. This new edition takes your knowledge further than ever with more Netter illustrations; addition of over 20 cone beam CT images; new chapters on the upper limbs, thorax, and abdomen; and more than 100 multiple-choice questions. Whether for your dental anatomy course, board review, or as a handy reference in your dental office, this concise, visual guide is an excellent anatomy atlas and quick reference for students and professionals in dentistry and dental hygiene. Master anatomy for the head and neck and beyond, including upper limbs, thorax, and abdomen. Stay current on hot topics like cone beam CT imaging, intraoral injections, and anesthesia. Recognize the context and clinical relevance of head and neck anatomy through additional coverage of dental procedures. Prepare effectively for the dental boards with over 100 multiple-choice questions.
- Netter's Illustrated human pathology. Second edition. [2nd ed.] 2014ClinicalKeyProvides clear representations of common human diseases and concentrates on pathologic anatomy. Each chapter relates the anatomical changes to the functional and clinical manifestations of over 150 diseases and their underlying causes and mechanisms.
- Print Material
- Print Material
- Netter's Illustrated pharmacology. Second edition. [2nd ed.] 2014ClinicalKeyThis updated edition of Netter's Illustrated Pharmacology allows you to take a distinct visual approach to understanding both the basic science and clinical applications of pharmacology. Designed to be compatible and used in conjunction with other pharmacology resources, this medical reference book offers a vivid, uniquely effective visual presentation of the pharmacodynamic relationship between drugs and the human body. And with the new addition of Student Consult online access, Netter's Illustrated Pharmacology is even more convenient than ever before! Available online for the first time! Search the full contents of Netter's Illustrated Pharmacology no matter what your location with convenient access to Student Consult.Visually grasp the most important principles in pharmacology with succinct, easy-to-understand presentations of introductory pharmacologic principles based on classic images by Frank Netter, as well as dynamic new illustrations from other talented medical artists.Learn how drugs are used to treat specific disorders in the body, as well as their effects on a particular site, with a format divided by organ system and full-color illustrations of the systems themselves.Access in-depth guidance on the must-know elements of each pharmacologic principle with clear, concise notes located beneath the corresponding image.
- Netter's Internal medicine. 2nd ed. 2009ClinicalKey
- Netter's Obstetrics and gynecology. 2nd ed. 2008ClinicalKeyThis resource pairs more than 250 Netter images with concise descriptions of the most current medical thinking on common diseases/conditions, diagnostics, treatments, and protocols for a single easy-to-use quick reference. New and expanded coverage including a new section on gynaecological and obstetric procedures, overviews of preventative women's health, healthy pregnancy, and counseling place need-to-know guidance at your fingertips for regular office visits, while short reference lists cite graded evidence-based studies for more in-depth research. The result is a superb source for fast clinical reference as well as patient and staff education. Presents more than 250 Netter and Netter-style illustrations that provide a quick and memorable overview of each disease. Presents topics of importance to obstetrics and gynecology practice, including common procedures, health maintenance schedules, healthy pregnancy check-ups, contraception, counseling, and other preventive care. Includes an evidence-based reference list in each chapter, enabling you to research further into clinical studies with varying levels of evidence.
- Netter's Surgical anatomy and approaches 2014ClinicalKeyThis one-of-a-kind resource combines the unmatched surgical anatomy illustrations of Frank H. Netter, MD with endoscopic, laparoscopic, and radiologic images - integrated with expert descriptions of each operative procedure - to provide a clear overview of the exposures, incision sites, surgically relevant landmarks, structures, fascial planes, and common anatomical variants and operative methods that are critical to your success in the operating room. Key Features: Vividly visualize the surgical anatomy you need to know through the uniquely detailed, memorable artwork of Dr. Netter, Carlos Machado, MD, and other anatomy illustrators working in the Netter tradition. View surgical anatomy from a clinical perspective through photographs and endoscopic, laparoscopic, and radiologic images that capture important landmarks and anatomy and are integrated into an expert description of each operative procedure. Access the complete contents online for quick look-ups, including videos of relevant surgical dissections to help you review approaches to common operations.
- Netter's Surgical anatomy review P.R.N. 2011ClinicalKeySection 1. Head and neck -- section 2. Back and spinal cord -- section 3. Thorax -- section 4. Abdomen -- section 5. Pelvis and perineum -- section 6. Upper limb -- section 7. Lower limb.
- Neuro-ophthalmology illustrated 2009Thieme BookThe neuro-ophthalmic examination -- Funduscopic examination -- Visual fields -- Ancillary testing commonly used in neuro-ophthalmology -- Visual loss : an overview -- Transient visual loss -- Retinal vascular diseases -- Optic neuropathies -- Disc edema -- Disorders of higher cortical function -- Abnormal visual perceptions : hallucinations and illusions -- The pupil -- Diplopia -- Orbital syndrome -- Cavernous sinus and orbital vascular disorders -- Nystagmus and other ocular oscillations -- Disorders of the eyelid -- Nonorganic neuro-ophthalmic symptoms and signs -- Diagnosis of headache and facial pain -- Disorders commonly encountered in neuro-ophthalmology.
- Neuroanatomy of Language Regions of the Human Brain is a richly illustrated, practical reference for any scientist interested in the study of brain and language, providing insight into the pathways for certain aspects of language processing and covering both classic work and modern discoveries. Anatomical research now shows neural pathways linking language comprehension regions to speech regions, and others pathways linking parietal areas involved in writing and reading with those essential for motor control and language production.
- Print Material
- Now fully revised and updated, this leading ICT series volume offers concise, superbly illustrated coverage of neuroanatomy that throughout makes clear the relevance of the anatomy to the practice of modern clinical neurology. Building on the huge success of previous editions, Neuroanatomy ICT, fifth edition is designed and written primarily with the medical student in mind, although it will again be valued by the range of other students and professionals who need a clear, current understanding of this important area. Minimum assumptions are made of existing knowledge of the subject. This edition now comes with an enhanced electronic version - hosted on the new, improved Student Consult platform - providing an even richer learning experience and rapid reference anytime, anywhere! Notoriously difficult concepts made clear in straightforward and concise text Level of detail carefully judged to facilitate understanding of the fundamental neuroanatomical principles and the workings of the nervous system, providing a sound basis for the diagnosis and treatment of contemporary neurological disorders All new line drawings and photographs incorporated throughout to further improve clarity and reflect the latest imaging techniques Clinical material and topic summaries fully updated and highlighted in succinct boxes within the text Clinical syndromes/symptoms index provided with cross-referencing to relevant text Memorable pictorial summaries of symptoms associated with the main clinical syndromes New added value electronic content - including self-assessment material to aid revision and check your understanding - is incorporated within the superb, complimentary enhanced eBook.
- Neuropathology 2014ClinicalKeyCerebral Edema -- Hydrocephalus -- Herniations -- Malformations -- Acquired Developmental Defects -- Cerebral Ischemia and Hypertensive Changes --Intracranial Aneurysms -- Vascular Malformations -- Vasculitis -- Inherited Cerebrovascular Diseases -- Closed Versus Open (Penetrating) Head Trauma -- Traumatic Intracranial Hemorrhage -- Diffuse Gliomas : Astrocytic -- Diffuse Gliomas : Oligodendroglial -- Other Astrocytic Tumors -- Ependymomas and Subependymoma -- Tumors with Ependymal-Like Features Choroid Plexus Tumors -- Neuronal and Glioneuronal Tumors -- Embryonal (Primitive) Neuroepithelial Tumors i. Meningiomas (Tumors of the Meninges) -- Nerve Sheath Tumors -- Primary CNS Lymphoma (Pcnsl) -- Pineal Parenchymal Tumors -- Germ Cell Tumors of the Central Nervous System Hemangioblastoma -- Sellar and Suprasellar Tumors -- Primary Melanocytic Tumors of the Central Nervous System -- Central Nervous System Cysts --. Metastatic Brain Tumors -- Tumors of the Skull Base -- Bacterial Infect ions -- Mycoses -- Parasitic Infections -- Viral Infections -- Neuropathology of AIDS Prion Diseases -- Alzheimer's Disease -- Frontotemporal Lobar Degenerations and Related Tauopathies -- Frontotemporal Lobar Degenerations with Ubiquitin-Inclusions (FTLD-U and FTLD-MND) (TDP-43) -- Parkinson's Disease and Related Alpha-Synucleinopathies -- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS) Triple-Repeat Inherited Neurodegenerations -- Neuroaxonal Dystrophies -- Vascular Dementia and Binswanger Disease -- Multiple Sclerosis -- Acute Disseminated Encephalomyelitis -- Acute Hemorrhagic Leukoencephalitis (Hurst Disease) -- Tumefactive Demyelinating Lesions (TDL) -- Toxic Injury -- Nutritional Diseases -- Metabolic Diseases -- Peripheral Nerve Disease -- Skeletal Muscle Diseases.
- Neuropathology-- a reference text of CNS pathology. 3rd ed. 2013ClinicalKeyPathologic reactions in the CNS -- Fetal and neonatal hypoxic-ischemic lesions -- Malformations -- Hydrocephalus -- Disorders that primarily affect white matter -- Neurodegenerative disorders of gray matter in childhood -- Miscellaneous pediatric disorders -- Adult hypoxic and ischemic lesions -- Vascular disease and infarcts -- Hemorrhage -- Head and spinal injuries -- Acute viral infections -- Chronic and subacute viral infections of the CNS -- Rickettsial and mycoplasma infections -- Acute bacterial infections and bacterial abscesses -- Chronic bacterial infections and neurosarcoidosis -- Fungal infections -- Parasitic infections -- Multiple sclerosis -- Other demyelinating diseases: inflammatory and compressive -- Vitamin deficiencies -- Systemic metabolic diseases -- Lysosomal and peroxisomal disorders -- Mitochondrial encephalopathies -- Toxic injury of the CNS -- Classification and pathogenesis of neurodegenerative diseases -- Motor neuron disorders -- Parkinsonism and akinetic-rigid disorders -- Ataxic disorders -- Hyperkinetic movement disorders -- Dementias -- Prion diseases -- Thalamic and pallidal degenerations, neuroaxonal dystrophy, and autonomic failure -- Classification and general concepts of CNS neoplasms -- Astrocytic neoplasms -- Non-astrocytic gliomas -- Neuroepithelial neoplasms displaying neuronal features -- Embryonal neuroepithelial neoplasms of the CNS -- Neoplasms of the pineal gland -- Choroid plexus neoplasms -- Primary CNS lymphomas -- Meningiomas -- Neoplasms in the region of the pituitary fossa -- Miscellaneous CNS neoplasms and cysts -- Neoplasms that spread to the CNS -- Paraneoplastic disorders.
- Print Material
- Neuroradiology the requisites. 3rd ed. 2010ClinicalKeyTechniques in neuroimaging -- Cranial anatomy -- Neoplasms of the brain -- Vascular diseases of the brain / Robert D. Zimmerman -- Head trauma -- Infectious and noninfectious inflammatory diseases of the brain -- White matter diseases -- Neurodegenerative diseases and hydrocephalus -- Congenital disorders of the brain and spine -- Orbit -- Sella and central skull base -- Temporal bone -- Sinonasal disease -- Mucosal disease of the head and neck -- Extramucosal diseases of the head of and neck -- Anatomy and degenerative diseases of the spine -- Nondegenerative diseases of the spine -- Approach and pitfalls in neuroimaging.
- Neurosonology and neuroimaging of stroke 2008ThiemeStroke is the most common neurological disease. Although the clinical findings that present in various kinds of stroke are often very similar, there is a wide variety of causes. An effective and specific therapy requires consideration of the etiology of the stroke incident. The cases presented in this book originate from one of the top worldwide stroke clinics--Charite, Berlin--and using imaging studies from all modalities as well as clinical information, the reader is guided to a better understanding of the process of stroke, its diagnosis, and effective means of therapy.
- Part of the second edition of the classic Neurosurgical Operative Atlas series, Functional Neurosurgery provides step-by-step guidance on the innovative and established techniques for managing epilepsy, pain, and movement disorders. This atlas covers the current surgical procedures, providing concise descriptions of indications and surgical approaches, as well as recommendations for how to avoid and manage postoperative complications. The authors describe the underlying physiological principles and state-of-the art recording techniques that are used for brain localization. This edition addresses topics that are rarely covered in other texts, including motor cortex stimulation for neuropathic pain, novel technical approaches for insertion of deep brain stimulator electrodes, and radiosurgery for movement disorders.
- Transsphenoidal approaches to the sella and suprasellar region -- Surgical approaches to craniopharyngiomas -- Eyebrow orbitotomy approach to parasellar tumors -- Expanded endonasal approach to the sella and anterior skull base -- Endoscopic approaches for intraventricular brain tumors -- Surgical approaches to tumors of the third ventricle -- Surgical approaches to intraventricular tumors (lateral ventricles) -- Surgical management of spinal meningiomas -- Surgical management of spinal metastatic tumors: the anterior lumbar approach and the lateral retroperitoneal approach to the thoracolumbar spine -- Surgical management of peripheral nerve tumors -- Surgical management of spinal schwannomas -- Balloon-catheter brachytherapy for malignant brain tumors -- Intraoperative magnetic resonance imaging for brain tumor resection -- Stereotactic resection of malignant brain tumors -- Radiosurgery of intracranial lesions -- Surgical management of meningiomas of the sphenoid wing region: operative approaches to medial and lateral sphenoid wing, spheno-orbital, and cavernous sinus meningiomas -- Surgical management of convexity meningiomas -- Surgical technique for removal of clinoidal meningiomas -- Surgical management of olfactory groove meningiomas -- Petrosal approach for resection of petroclival meningiomas -- Surgical management of tentorial meningiomas -- Surgical management of tuberculum sellae meningiomas -- Surgical management of jugular foramen schwannomas -- Surgical approaches to pineal region tumors -- Surgical approaches to pediatric midline posterior fossa tumors -- Surgical approaches to vestibular schwannomas -- Surgical resection of lower clivus-anterior foramen magnum meningiomas -- Surgical management of trigeminal neuroinomas -- Surgical management of intracranial glomus tumors -- Preauricular transzygomatic subtemporal and infratemporal approaches to the skull base -- Combined craniofacial resection of anterior skull base tumors -- Surgical resection of esthesioneuroblastoma -- Transmaxillary approaches to the clivus -- Surgical management of cholesterol granulomas of the petrous apex -- Transbasal approaches to the skull base and extensions -- Transmandibular approaches to the skull base.
- Featuring the clinical expertise of leading authorities in the field, this book is a lavishly illustrated surgical atlas of the latest neurosurgical approaches to frequently encountered problems in the pediatric patient. Each chapter in the book opens with a brief overview of the problem and then goes on to provide concise discussions of preoperative preparation, operative procedure, and postoperative management. The authors address the possible complications involved in each procedure and provide recommendations for how to avoid and manage them. 380 full-color illustrations and photographs demonstrate key concepts with precision and clarity. Step-by-step descriptions offer practical guidance for skin incision, operative exposure, patient positioning, surgical approaches, and various closing techniques. Consistent organization throughout the chapters facilitates rapid reference to topics of interest.
- Section I : Aneurysms/Subarachnoid Hemorrhage -- Aneurysm Surgery Techniques -- Ophthalmic Segment Aneurysms -- Supraclinoid Internal Carotid Artery Aneurysms -- Anterior Communicating Artery Aneurysms -- Distal Anterior Cerebral Artery Aneurysms -- Middle Cerebral Artery Aneurysms -- Anterior Interhemispheric Approach for Anterior Communicating Artery Aneurysms -- Pterional Transsylvian and Extended Approaches for Upper Basilar Aneurysms -- Subtemporal Approach for Basilar and Posterior Cerebral Artery Aneurysms -- Transsylvian Transclinoidal and Transcavernous Approach for Basilar Bifurcation Aneurysms -- Orbitocranial Zygomatic Approach for Upper Basilar Artery Aneurysms -- Cardiac Arrest for Cerebral Aneurysms -- Vertebral Artery and Posterior Inferior Cerebellar Artery Aneurysms -- Transcondylar and Far Lateral Approaches for Aneurysms -- Vertebral Confluence and Midbasilar Aneurysms Including Transpetrosal Approach -- Fusiform, Dolichoectatic, and Dissecting Aneurysms -- Endoscopic Approaches to Aneurysms -- Microsurgical Treatment of Previously Coiled and Endovascularly Treated Aneurysms -- Minimally Invasive Approaches to Aneurysms -- Pterional Craniotomy for Exposure of Contralateral Aneurysms. Section II : Vascular Malformations -- AVM of the Cerebral Convexity -- Arteriovenous Malformations of the Basal Ganglia and Thalamus -- Intraventricular and Deep Arteriovenous Malformations -- Vein of Galen Malformations -- Posterior Fossa Arteriovenous Malformations-- Superficial Cavernous Malformations -- Angiographically Occult Vascular Malformations of the Brain Stem Thalamus, and Basal Ganglia -- Spinal Vascular Malformations -- Carotid Cavernous Fistulas -- Dural Arteriovenous Malformations -- Tentorial and Posterior Fossa Dural Arteriovenous Malformations -- Anterior Fossa, Superior Sagittal Sinus, and Convexity Dural Arteriovenous Malformations. Section III : Ischemic and Other Cerebrovascular Disease -- Carotid Microendarterectomy -- Superficial Temporal Artery to Middle Cerebral Artery Bypass Grafting -- Indirect Bypasses for Moyamoya Disease -- Subclavian Steal Syndrome -- Positional Compression of the Vertebral Arteries -- Minimally Invasive Approaches for Spontaneous Intracerebral Hemorrhage.
- The book provides a comprehensive description of the ultrasound anatomy of the musculoskeletal system and clear guidance on the technique. Ultrasound images are coupled with anatomic pictures explaining probe positioning and scanning technique for the various joints of the musculoskeletal system: shoulder, elbow, hand and wrist, hip, knee, foot, and ankle. For each joint there is also a brief explanation of normal anatomy as well as a list of tricks and tips and advice on how to perform the ultrasound scan in clinical practice. This book will be an excellent practical teaching guide for beginners and a useful reference for more experienced sonographers.
- Endocrine imaging / William H. Martin, Martin P. Sandler, and M. Reza Habibian -- Radionuclide pulmonary imaging / M. Reza Habibian and Chirayu Shah -- Cardiovascular imaging / João V. Vitola and Dominique Delbeke -- Neurologic imaging / Dominique Delbeke and Carlos Cunha Pereira Neto -- Gastrointestinal and correlative abdominal nuclear medicine imaging / M. Reza Habibian and Chirayu Shah -- Renal scintigraphy / Carlos Cunha Pereira Neto and Dominique Delbeke -- Musculoskeletal scintigraphy / M. Reza Habibian and Carlos Cunha Pereira Neto -- Oncologic imaging / Dominique Delbeke and William H. Martin -- Artifacts / James A. Patton.
Access restricted to Stanford community
Search, browse, and organize over 50,000 high-quality presentation-ready scientific and medical images.ANATOMY.TV: shows each area of human anatomy with 20 layers ,detailed moving images. Limited to 1 simultaneous user — be sure to logoff when done.ARRS Goldminer: instant access to 240,000+ radiological images from peer-reviewed journals. Search by findings, anatomy, imaging technique, patient age and sex.ANATOMY.TV: shows each area of human anatomy with 20 layers ,detailed moving images. Limited to 1 simultaneous user — be sure to logoff when done.
Shortcut to Licensed Content
TO INSTALL, DRAG THIS BUTTON to your browser Bookmarks or Tools Bar.
Bookmark on Other Websites
- TO INSTALL, RIGHT CLICK this button.
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
- Once installed it will look like this
- Click "Bookmark on Lane" to bookmark any webpage
- Your saved bookmark will appear on this page
TO INSTALL, RIGHT CLICK this button.
Other Image Sources
UpToDate: A point-of-care clinical information resource containing succinct and aggressively updated clinical topic reviews.PubMed: provides fulltext access to Lane's resources. Includes the MEDLINE database, which contains coverage of over 5000 journals and more than 16 million citations for biomedical articles, including, but not limited to, clinical trials, systematic reviews, case reports, and clinical practice guidelines.Lane RSS feeds (Really Simple Syndication)
A drug information resource containing: American Hospital Formulary System (AHFS), drug formulary for Lucile Packard Children's Hospital (LPCH) and Stanford Hospital & Clinics (SHC), Lexi-Drugs (adverse reactions, dosage and administration, mechanism of action, storage, use, and administration information), Lexi-Calc, Lexi-ID, Lexi-I.V. Compatibility (King Guide), Lexi-Interact, and Lexi-PALS.Cumulative Index to Nursing and Allied Health Literature (CINAHL) contains coverage of nursing and allied health literature.A specialized PubMed search geared towards helping clinicians quickly access systematic reviews.A knowledge database that provides access to topic reviews based on over 6000 clinically relevant articles.Provides critical assessments of systematic reviews compiled from a variety of medical journals.Selects from the biomedical literature original studies and systematic reviews that are immediately clinically relevant and then summarizes these articles in an enhanced abstract with expert commentary.Multidisciplinary coverage of over 10,000 high-impact journals in the sciences, social sciences, and arts and humanities, as well as international proceedings coverage for over 120,000 conferences. Includes cited reference searching, citation maps, and an analyze tool.Multidisciplinary coverage of over 10,000 high-impact journals in the sciences, social sciences, and arts and humanities, as well as international proceedings coverage for over 120,000 conferences. Includes cited reference searching, citation maps, and an analyze tool.Features systematic reviews that summarize the effects of interventions and makes a determination whether the intervention is efficacious or not. Cochrane reviews are created through a strict process of compiling and analyzing data from multiple randomized control trials to ensure comprehensiveness and reliability.Provides systematic coverage of the psychological literature from the 1800s to the present through articles, book chapters and dissertations.A decision support tool that includes guidelines, articles, text books and drug information.Lane provides access to over 5,000 eBooks many of which provide helpful background material that will prepare you to better tackle primary literature.Features topic reviews that include a synthesis of the biomedical literature and specific patient care recommendations.Provides reviews of treatments for over 250 conditions that summarize the related available evidence from systematic reviews, clinical trials, observational studies and clinical practice guidelines.PIER (Physicians' Information and Education Resource) is a Web-based decision-support tool designed for rapid point-of-care delivery of up-to-date, evidence-based guidance for primary care physicians.Cochrane Central registry of Controlled Trials (CCTR) provides access to 300,000 controlled trials that have been identified the Cochrane Collaboration.A major drug resource providing information organized by drug types, diseases, acute care, toxicology and alternative medicines.Provides drug information targeted for patients.A drug database organized by generic name, trade name and drug class.LPCH / Stanford Hospital Formulary.A goldmine of trusted consumer health information from the world's largest medical library.Provides patient handouts from the American Academy of Family Physician.Access to the Stanford Health Library for patients.A continually updating drug monograph.