- Dahlin's Bone tumors general aspects and data on 10,165 cases. 6th ed. Lane Catalog recordPrint MaterialIntroduction and scope of study -- Osteochondroma (osteocartilaginous exostosis) -- Chondroma -- Benign chondroblastoma -- Chondromyxoid fibroma -- Chondrosarcoma (primary, secondary, dedifferentiated, and clear cell) -- Mesenchymal chondrosarcoma -- Osteoma -- Osteoid osteoma -- Osteoblastoma (giant osteoid osteoma) -- Osteosarcoma -- Parosteal osteosarcoma (juxtacortical osteosarcoma) -- Fibrosarcoma and desmoplastic fibroma -- Benign fibrous histiocytoma -- Malignant fibrous histiocytoma -- Myeloma -- Malignant lymphoma of bone -- Ewing tumor -- Giant cell tumor (osteoclastoma) -- Malignancy in giant cell tumor of bone -- Chordoma -- Benign vascular tumors -- Angiosarcoma and hemangiopericytoma -- Adamantinoma of long bones -- Miscellaneous unusual tumors of bone -- Conditions that commonly simulate primary neoplasms of bone -- Odontogenic and related tumors.
- Dermatlas Johns Hopkins Univ
- Dermatologic surgery 2009, ClinicalKey1, Surgical anatomy of the head and neck -- 2, Antisepsis -- 3, Local anesthetics -- 4. Surgical instruments -- 5. Preoperative evaluation of the dermatologic surgery patient -- 6. Cutaneous wound healing -- 7. Electrosurgery -- 8. Cryosurgery -- 9. Biopsy techniques -- 10. Basic excisional surgery -- 11. Suture techniques -- 12. Suture materials -- 13. Flaps -- 14. Skin grafts -- 15. Nail surgery -- 16. Mohs micrographic surgery -- 17. Surgical complications -- 18. Sclerotherapy of varicose and telangiectatic leg veins -- 19. Lasers: physics and medical indications -- 20. Photodynamic therapy.
- Dermatology atlas for skin of color 2014, SpringerThis atlas, containing more than 300 color photos, focuses on those dermatologic conditions that are most common in ethnic skin or skin of color. It includes succinct explanations of each disease process, describes clinical findings, and presents key information on diagnosis and treatment. Individual chapters are devoted to pigmentary disorders, follicular disorders, hair and scalp disorders, eczemas, papulosquamous disorders, granulomatous disorders, connective tissue diseases, infectious diseases, scarring disorders, cutaneous neoplasms, photodermatoses and drug eruptions. The fact that this atlas covers skin disorders that affect patients of all ethnic backgrounds ensures that it will be of worldwide relevance. It will serve as a valuable reference for dermatologists and a range of other health care providers.
- Dermatology-- an illustrated colour text. 5th ed. 2012, ClinicalKeyMachine generated contents note: Basic principles -- Microanatomy of the skin -- Derivatives of the skin -- Physiology of the skin -- Biochemistry of the skin -- Immunology of the skin -- Molecular genetics and the skin -- Terminology of skin lesions -- Taking a history -- Examining the skin -- Practical clinic procedures -- Basics of medical therapy -- Epidemiology of skin disease -- Body image, the psyche and the skin -- Diseases -- Eruptions -- Psoriasis -- epidemiology, pathophysiology and presentation -- Psoriasis -- management and complications -- Psoriasis -- biologics -- Eczema -- basic principles/contact dermatitis -- Eczema -- atopic eczema -- Eczema -- other forms -- Lichenoid eruptions -- Papulosquamous eruptions -- Erythroderma -- Photodermatology -- Infections -- Bacterial infection -- staphylococcal and streptococcal -- Other bacterial infections -- Viral infections -- warts and other viral infections -- Viral infections -- herpes simplex and herpes zoster
- Dermatology. 2nd ed. Lane Catalog recordPrint Material
- Dermatopathology 2011, ClinicalKeyPart of the High-Yield Pathology Series, this title is designed to help you review the key pathologic features of skin disease, recognize the classic look of each disease, and quickly confirm your diagnosis. Its templated format, excellent color photographs, concise bulleted text, and authoritative content, will help you accurately identify more than 400 skin conditions. Find information quickly and easily with a templated, easy-to-reference format. Confirm your diagnoses with excellent color photographs that demonstrate the classic appearance of each disease. Find the answers you need fast with concise bulleted text. Depend on authoritative information from leading experts in the field.
- Dermatopathology. Second edition. [2nd ed.] 2014, ClinicalKeyNew to this edition: Recognize the presentation of most major dermatopathology lesions through abundant high-resolution histopathology examples, with labels and pointers highlighting key aspects of each slide and providing additional clarity. Including 26 lectures by Dr. Elston, clinical and dermatopathology image atlases, and a virtual slide library. Easily focus on the most important "takeaways" and "must-knows" for each topic through the use of color key points, differential diagnosis, and pearls.
- Dermnet Skin disease atlas DatabaseContains over 23,000 images of skin disease. Images can be enlarged with a click and can be located by browsing image categories or by searching. Also includes some videos. All available for viewing without charge; high-resolution copies may be purchased or licensed for publishing purposes.
- Developing human clinically oriented embryology. 8th ed. Lane Catalog recordPrint MaterialIntroduction to the developing human -- The beginning of human development: first week -- Formation of bilaminar embryonic disc: second week -- Formation of germ layers and early tissue and organ differentiation: third week -- Organogenetic period: fourth to eighth weeks -- The fetal period: ninth week to birth -- the placenta and fetal membranes -- Body cavities, mesenteries, and diaphragm -- The pharyngeal apparatus -- The respiratory system -- The digestive system -- The urogenital system -- The cardiovascular system -- The skeletal system -- The muscular system -- The limbs -- The nervous system -- The eye and ear -- The integumentary system -- Congenital anatomical anomalies or human birth defects -- Common signaling pathways used during development.
- Developing human clinically oriented embryology. 9th ed. 2013, ClinicalKeyIntroduction to the developing human -- First week of human development -- Second week of human development -- Third week of human development -- Fourth to eighth weeks of human development -- Ninth week to birth: the fetal period -- Placenta and fetal membranes -- Body cavities and diaphragm -- Pharyngeal apparatus, face, and neck -- Respiratory system -- Alimentary system -- Urogenital system -- Cardiovascular system -- Skeletal system -- Muscular system -- Development of limbs -- Nervous system -- Development of eyes and ears -- Integumentary system -- Human birth defects -- Common signaling pathways used during development.
- Di Fiore's Atlas of histology with functional correlations. 10th ed. Lane Catalog recordPrint Material
- Diagnosis of breast diseases integrating the findings of clinical presentation, mammography and ultrasound 2010, Thieme"A practical approach to the early detection and management of breast cancer. This lavishly illustrated atlas provides radiologists with essential information for the differential diagnosis of breast diseases on the basis of clinical presentation, mammography, and ultrasound. The book begins with chapters on tumor biology, prognostic factors, and histology. The authors then provide a thorough evaluation of various methods for early detection and accurate diagnosis, including analog and digital mammography, ultrasound, MR imaging, PET/CT, and interventional procedures. They discuss in detail the strengths and limitations of each imaging modality, aspects of quality control, test intervals, peri- and postoperative management principles, and follow-up care.Highlights:- Presentation of difficult cases that effectively demonstrate the diagnostic hurdles and forensic pitfalls in breast diagnosis- Special sections on breast cancer in men and young women, with discussion of women who are pregnant or lactating- Color-coded practical tips and clinical notes for optimal comprehension of the material- Extensive Q&A sections for self-testing in two major chapters - More than 1,700 high-quality illustrations, including clinical color photographs, ultrasound images, and mammograms"--Provided by publisher.
- Diagnostic and surgical imaging anatomy. Chest, abdomen, pelvis. 1st ed. Lane Catalog recordPrint Material
- Gastroesophageal reflux is one of the most common maladies of mankind. Approximately 40% of the adult population of the USA suffers from significant heartburn and the numerous antacids advertised incessantly on national television represents a $8 billion per year drug market. The ability to control acid secretion with the increasingly effective acid-suppressive agents such as the H2 blockers (pepcid, zantac) and proton pump inhibitors (nexium, prevacid) has given physicians an excellent method of treating the symptoms of acid reflux. This atlas is a source of easily digestible practical information for pathologists faced with biopsies from this region. It is also aimed at gastroenterologists as they biopsy these patients.
- Diagnostic atlas of melanocytic pathology 2009, ClinicalKeyEphelides and Lentigo -- Melanocytic Nevus -- Congenital Nevus -- Spitz and Reed Nevus -- Dysplastic Nevus -- Dermal Melanocytoses -- Melanoma General -- Melanoma Variants -- Oral Mucosa Pigmented Lesions -- Conjunctival Melanocytic Lesions.
- Diagnostic atlas of renal pathology a companion to Brenner & Rector's the Kidney, 9th edition. 2nd ed. 2012, ClinicalKeyThis 2nd edition by Agnes B. Fogo, MD and Michael Kashgarian, MD, delivers practical, highly visual guidance for effectively and accurately diagnosing a wide range of pathologic entities. More than 700 high-quality illustrations help you to recognize the pathologic features and clinical manifestations of both common and rare renal disorders and to formulate confident and accurate diagnoses. Thoroughly updated throughout, this companion to Brenner & Rector's, The Kidney, 9th Edition provides the newest information regarding categorizing and classification of diseases and describes how this relates to the various morphological lesions illustrated and their clinical significance.
- Diagnostic imaging. Spine. 2nd ed. Lane Catalog recordPrint MaterialCongenital -- Scoliosis -- Vertebral column, discs, and paraspinal muscle -- Cord, dura, and vessels -- Degenerative diseases -- Spondylolisthesis and spondylolysis -- Inflammatory, crystalline, and miscellaneous arthritides -- Infections -- Inflammatory and autoimmune disorders -- Neoplasms -- Nonneoplastic cysts and tumor mimics -- Vascular and systemic disorders -- Plexus and peripheral nerve lesions -- Postoperative imaging and complications -- Hardware -- Post-radiation and chemotherapy complications.
- "This unique, findings-oriented guide to computed tomography is organized to reflect the way radiologists really work: progressing from general impressions to definitive diagnoses. In nearly 1000 high-quality scabs, the radiologist will find CT findings depicting frequently encountered congenital and acquired diseases and disorders. Included in the wide-ranging survey of CT findings are traumatic injuries; congenital anomalies; and infectious, inflammatory, neoplastic, and degenerative disease processes. For convenience, these are grouped anatomically by brain, head and neck, spine, musculoskeletal system, chest, abdomen, and pelvis. In addition, the book's extensive index systematically cross-references diseases and CT findings, providing even greater accessibility to key information"--Provided by publisher.
- Bone. Osteopenia / Francis A. Burgener -- Osteosclerosis / Francis A. Burgener -- Periosteal reactions / Francis A. Burgener -- Trauma and fractures / Francis A. Burgener -- Localized bone lesions / Francis A. Burgener -- Joint diseases / Francis A. Burgener -- Joint and soft-tissue calcification / Martti Kormano and Tomi Pudas -- Skull / Francis A. Burgener -- Orbits / Francis A. Burgener -- Nasal fossa and paranasal sinuses / Francis A. Burgener -- Jaws and teeth / Francis A. Burgener -- Spine and pelvis / Martti Kormano and Tomi Pudas -- Clavicles, ribs, and sternum / Martti Kormano and Tomi Pudas -- Extremities / Francis A. Burgener, Martti Kormano, and Tomi Pudas -- Hands and feet / Martti Kormano and Tomi Pudas -- Chest. Cardiac enlargement / Martti Kormano and Tomi Pudas -- Mediastinal or hilar enlargement / Martti Kormano and Tomi Pudas -- Pleura and diaphragm / Martti Kormano and Tomi Pudas -- Intrathoracic calcifications / Martti Kormano and Tomi Pudas -- Alveolar infiltrates and atelectasis / Francis A. Burgener -- Interstitial lung disease / Francis A. Burgener -- Pulmonary edema and symmetrical bilateral infiltrates / Francis A. Burgener -- Pulmonary nodules and mass lesions / Francis A. Burgener -- Pulmonary cavitary and cystic lesions / Francis A. Burgener -- Hyperlucent lung / Martti Kormano and Tomi Pudas -- Abdomen. Abnormal abdominal gas patterns and dilatation and motility disorders in the gastrointestinal tract / Francis A. Burgener and Martti Kormano -- Abdominal calcifications / Martti Kormano and Francis A. Burgener -- Abnormal mucosal pattern in the gastrointestinal tract / Martti Kormano and Tomi Pudas -- Narrowing in the gastrointestinal tract / Francis A. Burgener -- Filling defects in the gastrointestinal tract / Francis A. Burgener -- Ulcers, diverticula, and fistulas in the gastrointestinal tract / Martti Kormano and Tomi Pudas -- Gallbladder and bile duct abnormalities / Francis A. Burgener -- Abnormal renal papillae and calices / Francis A. Burgener -- Filling defects in the urinary tract / Francis A. Burgener -- Urinary tract obstructuion and dilatation / Francis A. Burgener.
- Diffusion tensor imaging introduction and atlas 2013, SpringerDiffusion Tensor Imaging (DTI) is a variation of diffusion-weighed imaging. Particularly in the neurosciences, this technique has gained tremendous momentum in the past decade, both from a technical point of view as well as in its applications. DTI is mainly used in neurological diagnosis and psychiatric and neurologic research, e.g. in order to locate brain tumors and depict their invasivity. DTI offers a unique in-vivo insight into the three-dimensional structure of the human central nervous system. While easy interpretation and evaluation is often hampered by the complexity of both the technique and neuroanatomy, this atlas helps you recognize every one of the important structures rapidly and unambiguously.In the introduction, this atlas provides a concise outline of the evolution of diffusion imaging and describes its potential applications. In the core part of the atlas, the neuroanatomically important structures are clearly labeled both on DTI-derived color maps and conventional MRI. Complex fiber architecture is illustrated schematically and described concisely in textboxes directly on the relevant page. In the final part of the atlas, a straightforward, step-by-step approach for the three-dimensional reconstruction of the most prominent fiber structures is given, and potential pitfalls are indicated.The atlas aims at neuroscientists, neuroanatomists, neurologists, psychiatrists, clinical psychologists, physicists, and computer scientists. For advanced users, the atlas may serve as a reference work, while students and scientists are thoroughly introduced into DTI.
- DiFiore's Atlas of histology with functional correlations. 11th ed. Lane Catalog recordPrint Material
- DiFiore's Atlas of histology with functional correlations. 12th ed. Lane Catalog recordPrint MaterialHistologic methods -- Light and transmission electron microscopy -- Cells and the cell cycle -- Epithelial tissue -- Connective tissue -- Hematopoietic tissue -- Skeletal tissue : cartilage and bone -- Muscle tissue -- Nervous tissue -- Circulatory system -- Immune system -- Integumentary system -- Digestive system part I : oral cavity and major salivary glands -- Digestive system part II : esophagus and stomach -- Digestive system part III : small and large intestines -- Digestive system part IV : accessory digestive organs -- Respiratory system -- Urinary system -- Endocrine system -- Male reproductive system -- Female reproductive system -- Organs of special senses : visual and auditory systems.
- Temporal Bone Tumors and Metastatic Disease -- Cholesteatoma and Its Complications -- Anomalies of the Inner Ear -- Sudden Sensorineural Hearing Loss -- Trauma to the Inner Ear -- Otosclerosis -- Presbycusis -- Ménière's Syndrome -- Benign Positional Vertigo -- Meningioma -- Vestibular Schwannoma -- Other Cranial Nerve Schwannomas and Paragangliomas -- Ototoxicity.
- Diseases of the skin a color atlas and text. 2nd ed. Lane Catalog recordPrint Material
- Dr. Vodder's Manual lymph drainage a practical guide 2011, ThiemeAnatomy and physiology of the circulation of the blood -- Lymphatic system -- Physiology of the lymphatic system, lymph, and interstitium -- Lymphedema -- Equilibrium and balance as the aim of the massage -- Indications and contraindications for manual lymph drainage -- Effect of manual lymph drainage on the smooth muscles of blood vessels and lymphangions -- Diagnostic examination and edema measurement -- Massage techniques -- Treatments of the individual parts of the body -- Special techniques -- Treatment model for secondary lymphedema -- Complementary treatments.
- Duvernoy's Atlas of the human brain stem and cerebellum high-field MRI: surface anatomy, internal structure, vascularization and 3D sectional anatomy 2009, Springer
- Dynamic contrast-enhanced MRI atlas of prostate cancer 2009, Springer
Access restricted to Stanford community
Search, browse, and organize over 50,000 high-quality presentation-ready scientific and medical images.ANATOMY.TV: shows each area of human anatomy with 20 layers ,detailed moving images. Limited to 1 simultaneous user — be sure to logoff when done.ARRS Goldminer: instant access to 240,000+ radiological images from peer-reviewed journals. Search by findings, anatomy, imaging technique, patient age and sex.ANATOMY.TV: shows each area of human anatomy with 20 layers ,detailed moving images. Limited to 1 simultaneous user — be sure to logoff when done.
Shortcut to Licensed Content
TO INSTALL, DRAG THIS BUTTON to your browser Bookmarks or Tools Bar.
Bookmark on Other Websites
- TO INSTALL, RIGHT CLICK this button.
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
- Once installed it will look like this
- Click "Bookmark on Lane" to bookmark any webpage
- Your saved bookmark will appear on this page
TO INSTALL, RIGHT CLICK this button.
Other Image Sources
UpToDate: A point-of-care clinical information resource containing succinct and aggressively updated clinical topic reviews.PubMed: provides fulltext access to Lane's resources. Includes the MEDLINE database, which contains coverage of over 5000 journals and more than 16 million citations for biomedical articles, including, but not limited to, clinical trials, systematic reviews, case reports, and clinical practice guidelines.Lane RSS feeds (Really Simple Syndication)
A drug information resource containing: American Hospital Formulary System (AHFS), drug formulary for Lucile Packard Children's Hospital (LPCH) and Stanford Hospital & Clinics (SHC), Lexi-Drugs (adverse reactions, dosage and administration, mechanism of action, storage, use, and administration information), Lexi-Calc, Lexi-ID, Lexi-I.V. Compatibility (King Guide), Lexi-Interact, and Lexi-PALS.Cumulative Index to Nursing and Allied Health Literature (CINAHL) contains coverage of nursing and allied health literature.A specialized PubMed search geared towards helping clinicians quickly access systematic reviews.A knowledge database that provides access to topic reviews based on over 6000 clinically relevant articles.Provides critical assessments of systematic reviews compiled from a variety of medical journals.Selects from the biomedical literature original studies and systematic reviews that are immediately clinically relevant and then summarizes these articles in an enhanced abstract with expert commentary.Multidisciplinary coverage of over 10,000 high-impact journals in the sciences, social sciences, and arts and humanities, as well as international proceedings coverage for over 120,000 conferences. Includes cited reference searching, citation maps, and an analyze tool.Multidisciplinary coverage of over 10,000 high-impact journals in the sciences, social sciences, and arts and humanities, as well as international proceedings coverage for over 120,000 conferences. Includes cited reference searching, citation maps, and an analyze tool.Features systematic reviews that summarize the effects of interventions and makes a determination whether the intervention is efficacious or not. Cochrane reviews are created through a strict process of compiling and analyzing data from multiple randomized control trials to ensure comprehensiveness and reliability.Provides systematic coverage of the psychological literature from the 1800s to the present through articles, book chapters and dissertations.A decision support tool that includes guidelines, articles, text books and drug information.Lane provides access to over 5,000 eBooks many of which provide helpful background material that will prepare you to better tackle primary literature.Features topic reviews that include a synthesis of the biomedical literature and specific patient care recommendations.Provides reviews of treatments for over 250 conditions that summarize the related available evidence from systematic reviews, clinical trials, observational studies and clinical practice guidelines.PIER (Physicians' Information and Education Resource) is a Web-based decision-support tool designed for rapid point-of-care delivery of up-to-date, evidence-based guidance for primary care physicians.Cochrane Central registry of Controlled Trials (CCTR) provides access to 300,000 controlled trials that have been identified the Cochrane Collaboration.A major drug resource providing information organized by drug types, diseases, acute care, toxicology and alternative medicines.Provides drug information targeted for patients.A drug database organized by generic name, trade name and drug class.LPCH / Stanford Hospital Formulary.A goldmine of trusted consumer health information from the world's largest medical library.Provides patient handouts from the American Academy of Family Physician.Access to the Stanford Health Library for patients.A continually updating drug monograph.