- Print Material
- Basic histology 2013 (13th ed.)AccessMedicine
- The Library has a collection of stereographic image pairs (slide negatives and digitized images) by human body regions commonly called the Bassett Collection. Digitized versions of the originals were made available by Lane Medical Library in Nov. 2008. These include the original photographs and some radiographs, each pair with diagrams and explanatory legends. The legends have also been updated with modernized terminology. The Latin terminology is viewable, but only the English translations, as well as MeSH, are searchable in separate records for individual image.
- Download software Stanford users must download software to view fulltext
- Bitemark evidence a color atlas and text. 2nd ed. 2011CRCnetBASEHistory of bitemark evidence / D.R. Senn -- The role of health professionals in diagnosing patterned injuries from birth to death / J.D. McDowell -- Role of the medical examiner, coroner, and pathologist / J.H.Davis -- The team approach in bitemark investigation / V.F. Delattre -- The nature of bitemarks / M.L. Bernstein -- Reconstructive bitemark analysis / M.L. Bernstein -- Photography / G.S. Golden and F.D. Wright -- Practical tips in forensic bitemark photography / L. Gagnon -- Image processing and analysis for evidentiary purposes / W.R. Oliver -- Bitemarks as biological evidence / D. Sweet O.C. -- Bitemark impressions / R.B.J. Dorion -- Microscopy techniques / P.J. Bush -- Nonperishables and perishables / R.B.J. Dorion -- Tissue specimens / R.B.J. Dorion -- Histology and timing of injury / J.H.Davis -- Animal bites / R.R. Souviron -- Carnivore bitemarks / R.B.J. Dorion -- Human bitemarks / R.B.J. Dorion -- Patterns, lesions, and trauma-mimicking bitemarks / R.B.J. Dorion and R.R. Souviron -- Current context of bitemark analysis and research / M.A. Bush and P.J. Bush -- Research, emerging technologies, and recent developments / R.B.J. Dorion -- Experimental bitemarks and histology / M. Houde -- Genotypic comparison of bacterial DNA recovered from bitemarks and teeth / G.R. Tompkins -- The suspect / L.T. Johnson -- Methods of comparison / J.C. Dailey -- Bitemark report / M.L. Bernstein -- Precautionary measures / P.G. Stimson -- Science and the law / R.A. Mincer and H.H. Mincer -- Case law / R.E. Barsley -- Contracting with the expert witness / R.D. Metcalf -- Courtroom aids in bitemark evidence / J.P. Kenney -- Legal liability of an expert witness / H.M. Pitluck -- Wrongful convictions and erroneous bitemark opinions / I.A. Pretty and C.M. Bowers -- Reliability of bitemark analysis / I.A. Pretty -- Resolving issues in bitemark analysis / I.A. Pretty -- ABFO Bitemark analysis guidelines: outline -- ABFO guidelines for investigative and final bitemark reports -- Bitemark checklist: bitemark recipient -- Bitemark checklist: suspected biter -- Sample consent form -- Dental nomenclature.
- Print MaterialForeword / Richard Restak -- Beginnings / Patricia Daniels -- Body armor / Lisa Stein -- Structure / Lisa Stein -- Body movers / Susan Tyler Hitchcock -- Circulation / Patricia Daniels -- Vital exchange / Patricia Daniels -- Body fuel / John Thompson -- Body cleansing / John Thompson -- Control center / Patricia Daniels -- Messengers / Trisha Gura -- Reproduction / Trisha Gura -- Protection / John Thompson -- Aging / Patricia Daniels -- Epilogue: The future body / Stefan Bechtel.
- Bone and joint disorders differential diagnosis in conventional radiology. 2nd rev. ed. 2006Thieme BookThe conventional x-ray continues to be a cost-effective, first-line modality for the diagnostic imaging of the bones and joints. In this new edition of this classic, essential help is provided to make preliminary diagnoses of a vast range of conditions effecting the musculoskeletal system. The differential diagnostic information is provided in tables, organized by classes of findings, and illustrated by more than a thousand brilliant radiographs and, where helpful, schematic diagrams.
- Bone and soft tissue pathology. 1st ed. 2012ClinicalKey"Save time identifying and diagnosing pathology specimens with High Yield Bone and Soft Tissue Pathology, edited by Drs. Andrew Horvai and Thomas Link. Part of the High-Yield Pathology Series, this title is designed to help you review the key pathologic features of bone and soft-tissue malformations, recognize the classic look of each disease, and quickly confirm your diagnosis. Its templated format, excellent color photographs, concise bulleted text, and authoritative content will help you accurately identify more than 160 discrete disease entities. Online access to complete text, image bank, and more at www.expertconsult.com makes this an ideal reference for on-the-go pathologists."--Publisher's website.
- Print Material
- Print MaterialThe normal bone marrow -- Special techniques applicable to bone marrow diagnosis -- Infection and reactive changes -- Acute myeloid leukaemia, mixed phenotype acute leukaemia, the myelodysplastic syndromes, and histiocytic neoplasms -- Myeloproliferative and myelodysplastic/myeloproliferative neoplasms and related conditions -- Lymphoproliferative disorders -- Plasma cell neoplasms -- Disorders of erythropoiesis, granulopoiesis and thrombopoiesis -- Miscellaneous disorders -- Metastatic tumours -- Diseases of bone.
- Brain-- an introduction to functional neuroanatomy. 1st ed. 2010ScienceDirectChapter 1. Nerve cells and synapses -- Chapter 2. Central nervous system basics- the brain and spinal cord -- Chapter 3. A map of the brain -- Chapter 4. Peripheral nerves -- Chapter 5. Command and control- the motor systems -- Chapter 6. Gathering information- the sensory systems -- Chapter 7. The human cerebral cortex -- Chapter 8. Higher level functions consciousness, learning, memory, and emotions -- Chapter 9. When things go wrong- brain disease and injury -- Chapter 10. The development of the brain and spinal cord -- Chapter 11. Techniques for studying the brain.
- "BrainInfo combines the stereotaxic Template Atlas with the NeuroNames nomenclature to provide a comprehensive primate brain information system." NeuroNames is a semantic network of neuroanatomical nomenclature.
- BrainNavigatorUsers must registerBrainNavigator, a 3D brain interactive software tool for research in the rodent brain, combines atlas content and 3D capabilities based on technologies from the Allen Institute for Brain Science. It provides imaging for research, education and structure analysis to allow researchers to know exactly where they are when working with the rodent brain. Login is required for every user to access personalized workspace annotation, calibration, notes sharing, 3D slice configuration, saving of 3D model configurations and planning injection or electrode implants. BrainNavigator combines atlas content and 3D capabilities based on technologies from the Allen Institute for Brain Science.
- Section I: Basic principles -- chapter 1. Diagnostic imaging methods / William E. Brant -- Section II: Neuroradiology / Section editor: Erik H. L. Gaensler and Jerome A. Barakos -- chapter 2. Introduction to brain imaging / David J. Seidenwurm and Govind Mukundan -- chapter 3. Craniofacial trauma / Robert M. Barr, Alisa D. Gean, and Tuong H. Le -- chapter 4. Cerebrovascular disease / Howard A. Rawley -- chapter 5. Central nervous system neoplasms and tumor-like masses / Kelly K. Koeller -- chapter 6. Central nervous system infections / Nathaniel A. Chuang and Walter L. Olsen -- chapter 7. White matter and neurodegenerative diseases / Jerome A. Barakos and Derk D. Purcell -- chapter 8. Pediatric neuroimaging / Camilla Lindan, Erik Gaensler, and Jerome Barakos -- chapter 9. Head and neck imaging / Jerome A. Barakos and Derk D. Purcell -- chapter 10. Nondegenerative diseases of the spine / Erik H. L. Gaensler and Derk D. Purcell -- chapter 11. Lumbar spine: disc disease and stenosis / Clyde A. Helms -- Section III: Pulmonary / Section editor: Jeffrey S. Klein -- chapter 12. Methods of examination, normal anatomy, and radiographic findings of chest disease / Julio Lemo and Jeffrey S. Klein -- chapter 13. Mediastinum and hila / Jeffrey S. Klein -- chapter 14. Pulmonary vascular disease / Curtis E. Green and Jeffrey S. Klein -- chapter 15. Pulmonary neoplasms / Jeffrey S. Klein -- chapter 16. Pulmonary infection / Jeffrey S. Klein -- chapter 17. Diffuse lung disease / Jeffrey S. Klein and Curtis E. Green -- chapter 18. Airways disease / Jeffrey S. Klein -- chapter 19. Pleura, chest wall, diaphragm, and miscellaneous chest disorders / Jeffrey S. Klein and Jimmy S. Ghostine -- Section IV: Breast radiology / Section editor: Karen K. Lindfors -- chapter 20. Breast imaging / Karen K. Lindfors and Huong T. Le-Petross -- Section V: Cardiac radiology / Section editor: David K. Shelton -- chapter 21. Cardiac anatomy, physiolgy, and imaging modalities / David K. Shelton -- chapter 22. Cardiac imaging in acquired diseases / David K. Shelton and Gary Caputo -- Section VI: Vascular and interventional radiology / Section editor: Michael J. Miller, Jr. -- chapter 23. Thoracic, pulmonary arteries, and peripheral vascular disorders / Michael J. Miller Jr. and Tony P. Smith -- chapter 24. Abdominal arteries, venous system, and nonvascular intervention / Michael J. Miller Jr. and Tony P. Smith -- Section VII: Gastrointestinal tract / Section editor: William E. Brant -- chapter 25. Abdomen and pelvis / William E. Brant -- chapter 26. Liver, biliary tree, and gallbladder / William E. Brant -- chapter 27. Pancreas and spleen / William E. Brant -- chapter 28. Pharynx and esophagus / Sara Moshiri and William E. Brant -- chapter 29. Stomach and duodenum / William E. Brant -- chapter 30. Mesenteric small bowel / William E. Brant -- chapter 31. Colon and appendix / William E. Brant and Sarah Erickson -- Section VIII: Genitourinary tract / Section editor: William E. Brant -- chapter 32. Adrenal glands and kidneys / William E. Brant -- chapter 33. Pelvicalyceal system, ureters, bladder, and urethra / William E. Brant -- chapter 34. Genital tract-CT, MR, and radiographic imaging / William E. Brant -- Section IX: Ultrasonography / Section editor: William E. Brant -- chapter 35. Abdomen ultrasound / William E. Brant -- chapter 36. Genital tract and bladder ultrasound / William E. Brant -- chapter 37. Obstetric ultrasound / William E. Brant -- chapter 38. Chest, thyroid, parathyroid, and neonatal brain ultrasound / William E. Brant -- chapter 39. Vascular ultrasound / William E. Brant and Raymond S. Dougherty -- Section X: Musculoskeletal radiology / Section editor: Clyde A. Helms -- chapter 40. Benign cystic bone lesions / Clyde A. Helms -- chapter 41. Malignant bone and soft tissue tumors / Clyde A. Helms -- chapter 42. Skeletal trauma / Clyde A. Helms -- chapter 43. Arthritis / Clyde A. Helms -- chapter 44. Metabolic bone disease / Clyde A. Helms -- chapter 45. Skeletal "Don't Touch" lesions / Clyde A. Helms -- chapter 46. Miscellaneous bone lesions / Clyde A. Helms -- chapter 47. Magnetic resonance imaging of the knee / Clyde A. Helms -- chapter 48. Magnetic resonance imaging of the shoulder / Clyde A. Helms -- chapter 49. Magnetic resonance imaging of the foot and ankle / Clyde A. Helms -- Section XI: Pediatric radiology / Section editor: Susan D. John -- chapter 50. Pediatric chest / Susan D. John and Leonard E. Swischuk -- chapter 51. Pediatric abdomen and pelvis / Susan D. John and Leonard E. Swischuk -- Section XII: Nuclear radiology / Section editor: David K. Shelton -- chapter 52. Introduction to nuclear medicine / David K. Shelton -- chapter 53. Essential science of nuclear medicine / Ramsey D. Badawi, Linda A. Kroger, and Jerrold T. Bushberg -- chapter 54. Skeletal system scintigraphy / David K. Shelton and Amir Kashefi -- chapter 55. Pulmonary scintigraphy / David K. Shelton and Meena Kumar -- chapter 56. Cardiovascular system scintigraphy / David K. Shelton -- chapter 57. Endocrine gland scintigraphy / Marc G. Cote -- chapter 58. Gastrointestinal, liver-spleen, and hepatobiliary scintigraphy / David K. Shelton and Roshanak Rahnamayi -- chapter 59. Genitourinary system scintigraphy / Howard A. Carpenter and Cameron C. Foster -- chapter 60. Scintigraphic diagnosis of inflammation and infection / Christopher J. Palestro -- chapter 61. Molecular imaging / Amir Kashefi and David K. Shelton -- chapter 62. Central nervous system scintigraphy / David H. Lewis and Jon Umlauf -- chapter 63. Positron emission tomography / Cameron C. Foster, Bijan Bijan, and David K. Shelton.
- Breast cancer the art and science of early detection with mammography : perception, interpretation, histopathologic correlation 2005Thieme Book
- Breast imaging. 3rd ed. 2007OvidBreast anatomy and basic histology, physiology, and pathology -- A pathologist's overview of the pathology of breast disease / Joseph Rabban -- Epidemiology, etiology, risk factors, and survival from breast cancer -- Screening for breast cancer -- Radiation risk -- Staging breast cancer -- Ductal carcinoma in situ and early-stage breast cancer: detection, diagnosis, and prognostic indicators -- Mammography: equipment and basic physics -- Quality assurance and quality control / Debra Deibel -- Mammographic positioning -- A systematic approach to breast imaging -- Mammography and the normal breast -- Interpreting the mammogram -- Benign lesions -- Probably benign findings appropriately managed with short-interval follow-up -- Suspicious lesions and lesions with a high probability of malignancy -- Breast ultrasound -- The altered breast: pregnancy, lactation, abscess, post biopsy changes, mastectomy, radiation, and implants -- The male breast -- Magnetic resonance imaging of the breast / Carol A. Hulka and Daniel B. Kopans -- Evaluating women with lumps, thickening, discharge or pain: imaging women with signs or symptoms that might indicate breast cancer -- Image sequencing: problems and solutions in breast evaluation -- Histological, pathological and imaging correlation -- Interventional procedures in the breast -- The breast imaging report: data management and the breast imaging audit -- The medical-legal problem and breast imaging -- Digital mammography -- Digital breast tomosynthesis -- Cytopathology.
- Breast MRI 2013ClinicalKeyBreast MRI is a comprehensive, practical resource entirely devoted to this state-of-the-art technique, which has emerged as a valuable adjunct to the conventional imaging modalities in the detection of primary and recurrent breast cancer. This brand-new medical reference book utilizes an atlas-type format that showcases numerous examples of each aspect of breast MRI, equipping you with the latest knowledge on effective breast image interpretation. Compare your breast imaging findings to a wealth of breast MRI examples that capture the characteristic clinical presentation of both normal and diseased patients. Apply the most up-to-date information available on all aspects of breast MRI, including MRI-guided biopsy, breast cancer screening with MRI, MRI features of benign and malignant lesions, and MRI in the evaluation of newly diagnosed breast cancer.Take advantage of an image-rich, atlas-type format that offers the visual clarity you need for accurate interpretation.Access the full text and images online at Expert Consult.
- Print MaterialAnatomy and physiologic morphology -- Inflammatory and reactive tumors -- Specific infections -- Benign papillary tumors -- Myoepithelial neoplasms -- Adenosis and microglandular adenosis -- Fibroepithelial neoplasms -- Ductal hyperplasia and intraductal carcinoma -- Invasive duct carcinoma -- Tubular carcinoma -- Papillary carcinoma -- Medullary carcinoma -- Carcinoma with metaplasia -- Squamous carcinoma -- Mucinous carcinoma -- Apocrine carcinoma -- Adenoid cystic carcinoma -- Secretory carcinoma -- Cystic hypersecretory carcinoma -- Other special types of invasive duct carcinoma -- Lobular carcinoma in situ and atypical lobular hyperplasia -- Invasive lobular carcinoma -- Mesenchymal neoplasms -- Lymphoid and hematopoietic tumors -- Metastases in the breast from nonmammary malignant neoplasms -- Pathologic effects of therapy -- Breast lesions in men and children -- Pathologic changes associated with needling procedures -- Needle core biopsy specimens of the breast: pathologic processing, examination, and reporting thereof / Syed A. Hoda -- Techniques for imaging-guided needle core biopsy / D. David Dershaw -- Impact of percutaneous image-guided core biopsy on the clinical management of breast disease / Laura Liberman.
- Print Material
- Section 1. Exposure and closure of the abdomen -- section 2. Primarily malabsorptive procedures -- section 3. Malabsorptive/restrictive procedures : gastric bypass -- section 4. Restrictive procedures -- section 5. Other and investigative procedures -- section 6. Revisional surgery.
Access restricted to Stanford community
Search, browse, and organize over 50,000 high-quality presentation-ready scientific and medical images.ANATOMY.TV: shows each area of human anatomy with 20 layers ,detailed moving images. Limited to 1 simultaneous user — be sure to logoff when done.ARRS Goldminer: instant access to 240,000+ radiological images from peer-reviewed journals. Search by findings, anatomy, imaging technique, patient age and sex.ANATOMY.TV: shows each area of human anatomy with 20 layers ,detailed moving images. Limited to 1 simultaneous user — be sure to logoff when done.
Shortcut to Licensed Content
TO INSTALL, DRAG THIS BUTTON to your browser Bookmarks or Tools Bar.
Bookmark on Other Websites
- TO INSTALL, RIGHT CLICK this button.
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
- Once installed it will look like this
- Click "Bookmark on Lane" to bookmark any webpage
- Your saved bookmark will appear on this page
TO INSTALL, RIGHT CLICK this button.
Other Image Sources
UpToDate: A point-of-care clinical information resource containing succinct and aggressively updated clinical topic reviews.PubMed: provides fulltext access to Lane's resources. Includes the MEDLINE database, which contains coverage of over 5000 journals and more than 16 million citations for biomedical articles, including, but not limited to, clinical trials, systematic reviews, case reports, and clinical practice guidelines.Lane RSS feeds (Really Simple Syndication)
A drug information resource containing: American Hospital Formulary System (AHFS), drug formulary for Lucile Packard Children's Hospital (LPCH) and Stanford Hospital & Clinics (SHC), Lexi-Drugs (adverse reactions, dosage and administration, mechanism of action, storage, use, and administration information), Lexi-Calc, Lexi-ID, Lexi-I.V. Compatibility (King Guide), Lexi-Interact, and Lexi-PALS.Cumulative Index to Nursing and Allied Health Literature (CINAHL) contains coverage of nursing and allied health literature.A specialized PubMed search geared towards helping clinicians quickly access systematic reviews.A knowledge database that provides access to topic reviews based on over 6000 clinically relevant articles.Provides critical assessments of systematic reviews compiled from a variety of medical journals.Selects from the biomedical literature original studies and systematic reviews that are immediately clinically relevant and then summarizes these articles in an enhanced abstract with expert commentary.Multidisciplinary coverage of over 10,000 high-impact journals in the sciences, social sciences, and arts and humanities, as well as international proceedings coverage for over 120,000 conferences. Includes cited reference searching, citation maps, and an analyze tool.Multidisciplinary coverage of over 10,000 high-impact journals in the sciences, social sciences, and arts and humanities, as well as international proceedings coverage for over 120,000 conferences. Includes cited reference searching, citation maps, and an analyze tool.Features systematic reviews that summarize the effects of interventions and makes a determination whether the intervention is efficacious or not. Cochrane reviews are created through a strict process of compiling and analyzing data from multiple randomized control trials to ensure comprehensiveness and reliability.Provides systematic coverage of the psychological literature from the 1800s to the present through articles, book chapters and dissertations.A decision support tool that includes guidelines, articles, text books and drug information.Lane provides access to over 5,000 eBooks many of which provide helpful background material that will prepare you to better tackle primary literature.Features topic reviews that include a synthesis of the biomedical literature and specific patient care recommendations.Provides reviews of treatments for over 250 conditions that summarize the related available evidence from systematic reviews, clinical trials, observational studies and clinical practice guidelines.PIER (Physicians' Information and Education Resource) is a Web-based decision-support tool designed for rapid point-of-care delivery of up-to-date, evidence-based guidance for primary care physicians.Cochrane Central registry of Controlled Trials (CCTR) provides access to 300,000 controlled trials that have been identified the Cochrane Collaboration.A major drug resource providing information organized by drug types, diseases, acute care, toxicology and alternative medicines.Provides drug information targeted for patients.A drug database organized by generic name, trade name and drug class.LPCH / Stanford Hospital Formulary.A goldmine of trusted consumer health information from the world's largest medical library.Provides patient handouts from the American Academy of Family Physician.Access to the Stanford Health Library for patients.A continually updating drug monograph.