- 7.0 Tesla MRI brain atlas — Brant and Helms fundamentals of diagnostic radiology (162)
- Breast cancer — Fetal echocardiography. 2nd ed. (162)
- Fetal radiology. 2nd ed. — Neuroanatomy of language regions of the human brain. First edition. [1st ed.] (162)
- Neuroanatomy. 3rd ed. — Zollinger's Atlas of surgical operations. 9th ed. (159)
ALLAccess restricted to Stanford unless otherwise noted
- 7.0 Tesla MRI brain atlas 2010, Springer
- ABC of pediatric surgical imaging 2010, Springer
- AFIP atlas of tumor pathology. Fourth series fasc. 1-<19>, 2004-<2013>Print Material
- AJCC cancer staging atlas 2006, Springer
- AJCC cancer staging atlas. 2nd ed. 2012, Springer
- Allen brain atlas DatabaseThe Allen Brain Atlas (ABA) is a genome-wide image database of gene expression in the mouse brain. RNA in situ hybridization data, detailed Reference Atlases and analysis tools combine to provide a searchable digital atlas of gene expression. Presents a comprehensive online platform for exploration of the brain at the cellular and molecular level.
- Anatomical imaging 2008, SpringerHead anatomy of male and female Mongolian gazelle - a striking example of sexual dimorphism / R. Frey ... [et al.] -- Anatomical peculiarities of the vocal tract in felids / G.E. Weissengruber ... [et al.] -- The anatomical foundation for multidisciplinary studies of animal limb function : examples from dinosaur and elephant limb imaging studies / J.R. Hutchinson ... [et al.] -- Locomotion-related femoral trabecular architectures in primates - high resolution computed tomographies and their implications for estimations of locomotor preferences of fossil primates / H. Scherf -- Three-dimensional imaging of the manipulating apparatus in the lesser panda and the giant panda / H. Endo ... [et al.] -- Using CT to peer into the past : 3D visualization of the brain and ear regions of birds, crocodiles, and nonavian dinosaurs / L.M. Witmer ... [et al.] -- Evolutionary morphology of the autonomic cardiac nervous system in non-human primates and humans / T. Kawashima and H. Sasaki.
- Anatomy of the laboratory mouse Jackson Lab
- Anatomy. 5th ed. 2007Print Material
- anatomy.tv STAT!Ref, Limited to 5 simultaneous users, logoff when finished.
- Print Material
- Print Material
- ARRS GoldMiner ImageProvides instant access to images published in selected peer-reviewed radiology journals; allows viewers to search for images by findings, anatomy, imaging technique, and patient age and sex. It can filter the search results by imaging modality (e.g., "CT"), age, and/or sex.
- Arthroscopic and endoscopic spinal surgery. 2nd ed. 2005, SpringerFrom cauterization to arthroscopic and endoscopic spine surgery / Parviz Kambin -- Arthroscopic and endoscopic anatomy of the lumbar spine / Parviz Kambin -- Instruments and surgical approaches for minimally invasive spinal surgery via a posterolateral access / Parviz Kambin -- Herniated lumbar disc and lumbar radiculopathy / Parviz Kambin -- Management of discogenic pain and spinal instability using minimally invasive surgical techniques / Parviz Kambin -- Lateral recess stenosis of the lumbar spine foraminoplasty / Parviz Kambin -- The role of the epidural and radicular veins in chronic back pain and radiculopathy / Wesley W. Parke -- Diagnostic and therapeutic percutaneous transpedicular approaches to the spine / Alexander G. Hadjipavlou ... [et al.] -- Selective endoscopic discectomy : twelve years experience / Anthony T. Yeung -- Minimally invasive posterior fusion and internal fixation with ATAVI system / Richard D. Guyer and Terry P. Corbin -- Vertebral augmentation for osteoporotic compression fractures / Isador H. Lieberman and Daisuke Toga -- Principles of transthoracic, transperitoneal, and retroperitoneal endoscopic techniques to the thoracic and lumbar spine / Geoffrey M. McCullen and Hansen A. Yuan -- Use of the laser in minimally invasive spinal surgery and pain management / John C. Chiu and Martin H. Savitz --Minimally invasive techniques in pain management / James Reynolds and Garrett Kine -- Experience with minimally invasive nucleus replacement / Michele Marcolongo ... [et al.] -- Interspinous process implant for the treatment of lateral and central spinal stenosis : operative technique and results / Douglas Wardlaw -- Frameless stereotactic imaging techniques in minimally invasive spine surgery / Alexander R. Vaccaro, Kern Singh, and Laurence N. Fitzhenry -- The rise and the fall of chemonucleolysis / James W. Simmons, Jr. and Robert D. Fraser -- Lumbar microendoscopic discectomy / Trent L. Tredway and Richard Fessler.
- ASH Image bank Highwire
- ASM MicrobeLibrary search Database
- Aspergillus web site Database, Users must register
- Atlas 2008Print Material
- Atlas of airway management 2007, OvidAirway anatomy -- Mask ventilation -- Direct laryngoscopy -- The pediatric airway -- Confirmation of endotracheal tube placement -- Retraction blades for direct laryngoscopy -- Pharmacology of airway management -- Definition, incidence, and predictors of the difficult airway -- Decision making in difficult airway management -- Training in airway management -- Examples and illustrations of conditions predisposing the difficult airway management -- Mirrors and mirror blades -- Prisms and prism blades -- Bougies and airway stylets -- Blind nasotracheal intubation -- Blind orotracheal intubation -- Lightwands -- Optical stylets -- Retrograde intubation -- Flexible fiberoptic bronchoscopes -- Rigid fiberoptic scopes -- Esophageal-tracheal combitube -- Laryngeal mask airway -- Intubating laryngeal mask airway -- New supraglottic ventilation devices -- Transtracheal "Jet" ventilation -- Intubation through laryngeal mask airway or intubation laryngeal mask airway with a bougie, lighted stylet, or optical stylet -- Retrograde intubation and flexible fiberoptic bronchoscope intubation -- Flexible fiberoptic bronchoscope intubation through the laryngeal mask airway -- Flexible fiberoptic bronchoscope intubation through the intubating laryngeal mask airway -- Flexible fiberoptic bronchoscope intubation and the esophageal-tracheal combitube -- Transtracheal jet ventilation and flexible fiberoptic bronchoscope intubation -- Cricothyrotomy -- Wire-guided cricothyrotomy.
- Atlas of airway management. 2nd ed. 2012, OvidRoutine airway medicine -- Difficult airway management: recognition, training and management -- Adjuncts to direct laryngoscopy -- Blind intubation -- Lightwands and optical stylets -- Retrograde techniques -- Fiberoptic techniques -- Emergency ventilation -- Combination techniques -- Emergency surgical airways -- Pediatrics -- Bronchoscopy -- Special situations requiring specialized airway management -- Unique facets of airway management by discipline -- Common patient conditions requiring specialized approach to the airway -- Care after intubation.
- Atlas of anatomic pathology with imaging 2013, SpringerAtlas of Anatomic Pathology with Imaging - A Correlative Diagnostic Companion is a valuable teaching tool for medical students and residents in several specialities such as pathology, radiology, internal medicine, surgery and neurologic sciences. Its need is all the more urgent given the severe shortcuts in the teaching of anatomic pathology following the decrease in the number of autopsies performed. Many of the images shown in the atlas would not be available without performing autopsies and therefore this atlas is an essential for all those in the field. Atlas of Anatomic Pathology with Imaging - A Correlative Diagnostic Companion is the first to combine gross anatomic pictures of diseases with diagnostic imaging. This unique collection of material consisting of over 2000 illustrations complied by experts from around the world is a valuable diagnostic resource for all medical professionals.
- Atlas of atherosclerosis and metabolic syndrome. 5th ed. 2011, SpringerThe Metabolic Syndrome -- Epidemiology of the Metabolic Syndrome and Risk for Cardiovascular Disease and Diabetes -- The Metabolic Syndrome and Atherogenesis -- Triglyceride-Rich Lipoproteins -- High-Density Lipoprotein Metabolism -- Newer Coronary Risk Factors -- Dietary Effects on Cardiovascular Risk Factors -- Strategies for Treating Abnormal Lipid Profiles with Drugs -- Ethnic Differences in the Metabolic Syndrome -- Obesity Management -- Diabetes Mellitus and Cardiovascular Disease -- Gender Differences in Coronary Risk Factors and Risk Interventions.
- Atlas of bone pathology 2013, SpringerBone is a living tissue prone to develop a diverse array of inflammatory, metabolic, genetic, reactive, circulatory and neoplastic abnormalities. The Atlas of Bone Pathology describes and selectively illustrates the normal and pathologic conditions that afflict human bone, focusing heavily on tumor and tumor-like conditions of bone and their non-neoplastic mimics. Supplemented with radiographic and special study images, this extraordinary collection of high quality digital images aid continuing efforts to recognize, understand, and accurately interpret the light microscopic findings in bone
- Atlas of brain and spine oncology imaging 2013, SpringerAtlas of Brain and Spine Oncology Imaging presents a comprehensive visual review of pathologic disease variations of cancers of the brain and spine through extensive radiologic images. The focus of the book is on algorithmic strategies for identifying neoplastic pathologies commonly found in brain and spinal tumors through a visual representation of the variety of appearances that each neoplasm takes, within both benign and malignant manifestations.
- Print Material
- Atlas of breast surgery 2006, Springer
- Atlas of cancer mortality in the European Union and the European economic area, 1993-1997 2008, IARC
- Print MaterialHistorical perspective and future directions / Kazuhiro Katada -- Preparation, image acquisition, and post-processing / Udo Hoffman -- Contrast media / Michael L. Steigner and Frank J. Rybicki -- Normal coronary anatomy / Stephan Achenbach -- Assessment of coronary artery disease / Swaminatha V. Gurudevan, Jeffrey M. Schussler, and Matthew J. Budoff -- Follow-up of patients after percutaneous coronary intervention / Chowdury H. Ahsan, David Bush, Takeshi Kondo, and Michael Poon -- Follow-up after coronary bypass graft surgery / Koen Nieman -- Imaging of vulnerable atherosclerotic plaques / Edward Shapiro, David Bush, Sadako Motoyama, Renu Virmani, and Jagat Narula -- Coronary calcium / Matthew J. Budoff and Leslee J. Shaw -- Coronary artery anomalies / James Earl -- Congenital heart disease / Jamil Aboulhosn -- Congenital heart disease / Jamil Aboulhosn -- Imaging diseases of the aorta / Eric M. Isselbacher and Suhny Abbara -- Imaging peripheral vasculature including carotids / John S. Lane, III, Paul N. Suding, and Roy M. Fujitani -- Role in cardiac electrophysiology / Jeroen J. Bax, Farhood Saremi, Laurens F. Tops, and Subramaniam C. Krishnan -- Intracardiac, myocardial, and extracardiac abnormalities / Mario J. Garcia -- Myocardial function and viability / Andreas H. Mahnken -- Role in the emergency department / Gilbert Raff -- Incidental findings during coronary CT angiography / Tracy Callister.
- Atlas of cell organelles fluorescence 2004, CRCnetBASE
- Print Material
- Print Material
- Print Material
- Print Material
- Atlas of clinical hematology. 6th rev. ed. 2005, Springer
- Atlas of clinical neurology. 3rd ed. 2009, SpringerDevelopmental disorders / Suresh Kotagal ... [et al.] -- Genetic diseases of the nervous system / Thomas D. Bird and Suman Jayadev -- Neuroendocrine disorders / Earl A. Zimmerman -- Critical care neurology / Marek A. Mirski ... [et al.] -- Cerebrovascular disease / David M. Greer ... [et al.] -- Dementias / Thomas J. Grabowski Jr. -- Behavioral neurology / Daniel Tranel and Thomas J. Grabowski, Jr. -- Neuro-oncology / Karen L. Fink and Elisabeth J. Rushing -- Movement disorders / Stanley Fahn ... [et al.] -- The epilepsies / Paul C. Van Ness -- Neuromuscular disease / Gil I. Wolfe ... [et al.] -- Infectious diseases of the nervous system / Burk Jubelt -- Neuroimmunology / Michael R. Swenson -- Neurotoxic disorders / Leon Prockop, Charles Brock, and Peter S. Spencer -- Headache / Marc E. Lenaerts.
- Print Material1.Ocular examination /David Spalton, Graham Holder, Susana Morley --2.The eyelids /Eric Barnes, Richard Collin --3.The conjunctiva: diseases and tumours /Frank Larkin, Paul Hunter --4.Infections of the outer eye /Frank Larkin, Paul Hunter --5.Allergic eye diseases, episcleritis and scleritis /Frank Larkin, Paul Hunter --6.The cornea /Stephen Tuft --7.Primary glaucoma /David Garway-Heath, Paul Foster, Roger Hitchings --8.Secondary glaucoma /Keith Barton --9.The uveal tract /Bertil Damato, David Spalton --10.Intraocular inflammation /Miles Stanford, David Spalton --11.The lens /David Spalton --12.Vitreous and vitreoretinal disorders /Thomas Williamson --13.The normal retina, retinal imaging and the interpretation of pathological changes /David Spalton, John Marshall, Victor Chong ---14.The retina: vascular diseases IDavid Spalton, Jaheed Khan, John Shilling, Victor Chong --15.The retina: vascular diseases II /Jaheed Kahn, Victor Chong --16.The retinal degenerations /Jaheed Kahn, Victor Chong --Retinal dystrophies /Michel Michaelides, Anthony Moore --17.The optic disc /Gordon Plant, David Spalton --18.Strabismus /Christopher Hammond, Elizabeth Tomlin --19.Neuro-ophthalmology /Gordon Plant, David Spalton --20.The orbit and lacrimal system /James Uddin, Geoffrey Rose --Further reading --Index.
- Print Material
- 1. The Conducted Electrical Weapon: Historical Overview of the Technology / Paul C. Nystrom -- 2. Physics of Electrical Injury / Mark W. Kroll and Dorin Panescu -- 3. Conducted Electrical Weapon Deployed Probe Wounds / Donald M. Dawes and Jeffrey D. Ho -- 4. Conducted Electrical Weapon Drive-Stun Wounds / Jeffrey D. Ho and Donald M. Dawes -- 5. Histopathology of Cutaneous Conducted Electrical Weapon Injuries / Michael Graham -- 6. Extended Range Conducted Electrical Weapon Wounds / Donald M. Dawes and Thomas J. Burns -- 7. Factitious Conducted Electrical Weapon Wounds: Injuries and Considerations / William G. Heegaard and Gary M. Vilke -- 8. Legal Aspects of Conducted Electrical Weapon Injuries, Wounds, and Effects / Michael Brave -- 9. Conducted Electrical Weapon Memory: Available Forensic Information / Max Nerheim and Andrew F. Hinz -- 10. Post-event Conducted Electrical Weapon Wire and Probe Analysis / Rick T. Wyant and Thomas J. Burns.
- Atlas of confocal laser scanning in-vivo microscopy in ophthalmology [i.e. ophthalmology] 2006, Springer
- Print Material
- Atlas of dermatology DermISA dermatologic image and case report database to be used for teaching and diagnosis.
- Atlas of dermatology in internal medicine 2012, Springer[1.] Cutaneous Manifestations of Connective Tissue Diseases / Lesliane E. Castro-Santana, José González Chávez, Jennifer Rullán, and Rachelle E. Seijo-Montes -- [2.] Cutaneous Manifestations of Pulmonary Disease / Jennifer Rullán, Rachelle E. Seijo-Montes, Annie Vaillant, and Néstor P. Sánchez -- [3.] Cutaneous Manifestations of Renal Disease / Lilliam S. Chiqués Colón and Rosbel González Rivera -- [4.] Cutaneous Manifestations of Gastrointestinal Diseases / María I. Vázquez-Roque and Wilfredo E. De Jesús-Monge -- [5.] Cutaneous Manifestations of Common Endocrine Disease / Inés M. Hernández and Yanira Marrero -- [6.] Cutaneous Manifestations of Internal Malignancy and Paraneoplastic Syndromes / Zelma C. Chiesa-Fuxench, Liliana Ramírez, and Néstor P. Sánchez -- [7.] Cutaneous Manifestations of Infectious Diseases / Elena Montalván Miró and Néstor P. Sánchez -- [8.] Cutaneous Manifestations of HIV Disease / Humberto M. Guiot, Carlos G. Sánchez Sergenton, Carlos J. Sánchez Rivera, and Rosbel González Rivera -- [9.] Cutaneous Disorders in the Intensive Care Unit / Tania M. González Santiago and Jacobo M. Orenstein Cardona.
- Print Material
- Atlas of diabetes. 4th ed. 2012, SpringerRegulation of Insulin Secretion and Islet Cell Function /Gordon C. Weir, Susan Bonner-Weir and Arun Sharma --Mechanisms of Insulin Action /Morris F. White and Morris F. White --Consequences of Insulin Deficiency /Abbas E. Kitabchi and Mary Beth Murphy --Type 1 Diabetes /Mark A. Atkinson and Jay S. Skyler --Management of Type 1 Diabetes /Irl B. Hirsch and Jay S. Skyler --Childhood Diabetes /Jamie R. Wood and Francine R. Kaufman --Pathogenesis of Type 2 Diabetes /Mazen Alsahli and John E. Gerich --Management of Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus /Jennifer B. Marks --Diabetes and Pregnancy /Lois Jovanovič --Mechanisms of Hyperglycemic Damage in Diabetes /Ferdinando Giacco and Michael Brownlee --Management and Prevention of Diabetic Complications /Sunder Mudaliar and Robert R. Henry --Eye Complications of Diabetes /Lloyd Paul Aiello, Lloyd Paul Aiello, Lloyd Paul Aiello, Lloyd Paul Aiello and Paolo S. Silva, et al. --Diabetes and the Kidney /Robert C. Stanton and Robert C. Stanton --Diabetic Neuropathies /Aaron I. Vinik --Obesity Therapy /Steven R. Smith --Reversal of Diabetes: Islet Cell Transplantation /Antonello Pileggi, Rodolfo Alejandro and Camillo Ricordi --Technology and Diabetes: Insulin Delivery Systems and Glucose Sensing /Bruce W. Bode --Newer Diabetes Medications /Jay S. Skyler.
- Atlas of digestive endoscopic resection 2014, SpringerDiagnostic Techniques in Gastrointestinal Disease -- Device and Equipment for Endoscopic Therapy -- Endoscopic Mucosal Resection (EMR) -- Endoscopic Submucosal Dissection (ESD) -- Endoscopic Resection for Submucosal Tumors -- Tunnel Endoscopic Surgery.
- Print Material
- Atlas of electroencephalography in sleep medicine 2012, SpringerNormal Sleep Stages --Normal Electroencephalography Variants in Sleep --Nonepileptiform Abnormalities --Epileptiform Abnormalities --Artifacts.
- Atlas of emergency medicine. 3rd ed. 2010, AccessMedicineHead and facial trauma / David W. Munter, Timothy D. McGuirk -- Opthalmalogic conditions / Frank Birinyi, Thomas F. Mauger -- Fundoscopic findings / David Effron, Beverly C. Forcier, and Richard E. Wyszynski -- Ophthalmic trauma / Dallas E. Peak, Carey D. Chisholm, and Kevin J. Knoop -- Ear, nose, and throat conditions / Edward C. Jauch, Timothy Kaufman, and Kevin J. Knoop -- Mouth / Edwin D. Turner, Edward C. Jauch -- Chest and abdomen / Stephen Corbett, Lawrence Stack, and Kevin Knoop -- Urologic conditions / Jeffrey D. Bondesson -- STDs and anorectal conditions / Diane M. Birnbaumer, Lynn K. Flowers -- Gynecologic and obstetric conditions / Robert G. Buckley, Kevin J. Knoop -- Extremity trauma / Deborah Gutman, Daniel L. Savitt, and Alan B. Storrow -- Extremity conditions / Selim Suner, Daniel L. Savitt -- Cutaneous conditions / Sean P. Collins -- Pediatric conditions / Javier A. Gonzalez del Ray and Richard M. Ruddy -- Child abuse / Robert A. Shapiro and Charles J. Schubert -- Environmental conditions / Ken Zafren, R. Jason Thurman, and Alan B. Storrow -- Toxicologic -- Wounds and soft tissue injuries / Matthew D. Sztajnkrycer and Alexander T. Trott -- Forensic medicine / William S. Smock and Lawrence B. Stack -- HIV conditions / Shane Cline and Michael Krentz -- Tropical medicine -- Airway procedures -- EKG-- Emergency ultrasound / Paul R. Sierzenski, Michael J. Lambert, and Theodore J. Neilson -- Microscopic findings / Diane M. Birnbaumer.
- Atlas of endocrine pathology 2014, Springer"Atlas of Endocrine Pathology provides a comprehensive compendium of photomicrographs of common and uncommon entities in endocrine pathology. The volume includes histologic features of normal features, reactive conditions, hyperplasia, and tumors. The most helpful diagnostic features are illustrated to provide direction and clues to the diagnosis of endocrine tumors. Furthermore, photomicrographs highlight the most pertinent diagnostic features in problematic diagnoses in endocrine pathology. Authored by a nationally and internationally recognized pathologist, Atlas of Endocrine Pathology is an important learning tool for those becoming familiar with the diverse entities encountered in endocrine pathology and a valuable reference for practicing pathologists faced with challenging diagnoses in endocrine pathology."--Publisher's website.
- Atlas of endometrial histopathology. 3rd ed. 2010, SpringerTechnical Remarks -- Normal Endometrium -- Metaplastic Changes -- Circulatory Disturbances -- Functional Disturbances -- Iatrogenic Changes -- Endometritis -- Neoplasms -- Gestational Changes.
- Atlas of endomicroscopy 2008, Springer1. Development of endoscopic devices: past, present and future / Norman E. Marcon, Brian C. Wilson, and Ralph S. DaCosta -- 2. Surface analysis with magnifying chromoendoscopy in the colon / David P. Hurlstone -- 3. Development and current technological status of confocal laser endomicroscopy / Peter Delaney, Steven Thomas, and Wendy McLaren -- 4. Examination technique of confocal laser endomicroscopy / Martin Goetz, Kerry Dunbar, and Marcia I. Canto -- 5. The technique of confocal laser endomicroscopy from the perspective of a new user / Marcia I. Canto 6. -- Microarchitecture of the normal gut seen with conventional histology and endomicroscopy / Michael Vieth ... [et al.] -- 7. Endomicroscopy of GI disorders -- 8. Live tissue imaging with conventional confocal microscopy / Marshall H. Montrose and Alastair J.M. Watson -- 9. Functional and molecular imaging with confocal laser endomicroscopy / Martin Goetz ... [et al.] -- 10. Future trends in confocal laser endomicroscopy: improved imaging quality and immunoendoscopy / Raja Atreya and Markus F. Neurath.
- Atlas of endoscopic major pulmonary resections 2010, Springer1. General considerations -- Tips and tricks -- Endoscopic mediastinal lymph node dissection -- 2. Lobectomies -- Right upper lobe -- Middle lobe -- Right lower lobe -- Left upper lobe -- Left lower lobe -- 3. Segmentectomies -- Right upper lobe: apicoposterior segments -- Right lower lobe: superior segment -- Right lower lobe: basal segments -- Left upper lobe: superior segments -- Left upper lobe: lingula -- Left lower lobe: superior -- Left lower lobe: basal segments.
- Atlas of essential dermatopathology 2013, SpringerDermatopathology often presents considerable difficulty for the dermatologist in training when defining the subtle differences in the appearance of various conditions. This Atlas of Essential Dermatopathology is based on materials developed during dermatopathology teaching signout at the Massachusetts General Hospital and replicates the experience at the microscope. It contains numerous hand drawn sketches and tables plus stunning histological images to describe the appearances of common dermatologic conditions. Each chapter is brief and focuses on the main learning points. Tables of special stains, immunohistochemical markers and a glossary of terms are also included to broaden the reader's experience.The content is based on the most frequently encountered processes in the MGH Dermatopathology Unit; it is not intended to be comprehensive but rather an outline and atlas of the essentials in diagnostic dermatopathology. This book will therefore be an indispensable primer for trainees of all levels - students and residents alike - in dermatology and pathology.
- Atlas of fetal MRI 2005Print Material
- Atlas of fine needle aspiration cytology 2014, SpringerThis book covers all of the diagnostic areas where FNAC is used today. This includes palpable lesions and lesions sampled using various radiological methods, and correlations with ancillary examinations detailed on an entity-by-entity basis. As well as being a complete atlas of the facts and findings important to FNAC, this atlas is a guide to diagnostic methods that optimize health care. The interaction of the cytologist or cytopathologist with other specialists (radiologists, oncologists and surgeons) involved in the diagnosis and treatment of patients with suspicious mass lesions is emphasized and illustrated throughout. ? With contributions from experts in the field internationally and abundant colour images Atlas of Fine Needle Aspiration Cytology provides a comprehensive and up-to-date guide to FNAC for pathologists, cytopathologists, radiologists, oncologists, surgeons and others involved in the diagnosis and treatment of patients with suspicious mass lesions.
- Atlas of forensic pathology 2012, SpringerThis work is specifically designed for non-pathologists who normally interact with forensic pathologists. It presents images of interest mostly to medical examiners, forensic pathologists and pathologists and consists mostly of wounds, and trauma with some coverage of diseases.
- Atlas of functional neuroanatomy. 2nd ed. 2006, CRCnetBASE
- Print Material1Examination methods --2Adverse effects of fluorescein and indocyanine green angiography --3Age-related macular degeneration and choroidal neovascularization of other etiologies --4Hereditary and toxic retinal disorders --5Tumors --6Diabetic retinopathy --7Other retinal vascular diseases --8Diseases of the macula and central retina --9Inflammatory and autoimmune disorders --10Disorders of the optic nerve head.
- Atlas of fundus autofluorescence imaging 2007, Springer
- Print Material
- Atlas of genetic diagnosis and counseling. 2nd ed. 2012, Springer
- Atlas of genitourinary oncological imaging 2013, SpringerThe Atlas of Genitourinary Oncological Imaging presents a comprehensive visual review of appearances for normal anatomy and oncological diseases in the genitourinary system using over 900 radiological images and illustrations. The book presents current imaging techniques and discusses the role of imaging in pre-treatment staging and post-treatment follow-up. Diseases discussed include kidney, adrenal gland, upper tract, bladder, prostate, testes, and pediatric malignancies. Individual chapters include normal anatomy, imaging techniques, and pathology of each cancer type. The staging of the malignancy and what to include in the radiology report are discussed, and expected and complicated postoperative and post-treatment findings and recurrence are presented. Dedicated chapters on interventional and radiation therapy discuss their unique role in the management and treatment of oncology of the genitourinary system. Additionally, a chapter on chemotherapy toxicities discusses drug reaction treatment therapies unique to the genitourinary system.Edited and written by radiologists from the genitourinary disease management team at Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, the Atlas of Genitourinary Oncological Imaging is an ideal resource for radiology and urology trainees seeking a review of the basics and for practicing radiologists looking for answers to challenging cases confronted in daily practice.
- Atlas of genitourinary pathology 2011, SpringerAdrenal gland -- Kidney -- Renal pelvis and ureter -- Bladder, urethra, and urachus -- Prostate -- Testis -- Spermatic cord and testicular adnexae -- Penis and scrotum.
- Print Material
- Print Material
- Introduction. Headache disorders -- Epidemiology and burden -- Barriers to care -- Purpose of the atlas of headache disorders -- Methods. Questionnaire development -- Identification of respondents -- Data collection -- Data management and analysis -- Results. Data quality. Representativeness -- Limitations -- Data organization and presentation -- Themes. Epidemiology -- Impact on society, and national data -- Health-care utilization -- Diagnosis and assessment -- Treatment -- Professional training -- National professional organizations -- Issues -- The way forward.
- Atlas of Hematologic Neoplasms 2009, Springer
- Print Material
- Print Material
- Atlas of human central nervous system development v. 1-5, 2002-08., CRCnetBASEv. 2, 2003 CRCnetBASEv. 3, 2005 CRCnetBASEv. 4, 2006 CRCnetBASEv. 5, 2008 CRCnetBASEv. 1. The spinal cord from gestational week 4 to the fourth postnatal month -- v. 2. The human brain during the third trimester -- v. 3. The brain during the second trimester -- v. 4. The brain during the late first trimester -- v. 5. The brain during the early first trimester.
- Atlas of ileoscopy 2013, SpringerThis atlas presents high-quality images of clinical cases of small bowel diseases, with a focus on the importance of terminal ileoscopy as the first step in detecting this group of rare pathologies. Among the conditions covered are celiac disease, inflammatory bowel disease, neoplasms, infections, and pediatric disease. The multidisciplinary approach to the presentation of clinical cases, with contributions from histology, radiology, capsule endoscopy, enteroscopy, and surgery, ensures that the atlas will provide an accurate learning course for beginners and also an effective update for specialists.
- Atlas of immunology. 3rd ed. 2010, CRCnetBASEHistory of immunology -- Molecules, cells, and tissues of the immune response -- Antigens and immunogens -- Major histocompatibility complex -- Antigen processing and presentation -- B lymphocyte development and immunoglobulin genes -- Immunoglobulin synthesis, properties, structure, and function -- Antigen-antibody interactions -- The thymus and T lymphocytes -- Cytokines and chemokines -- The complement system -- Types I, II, III, and IV hypersensitivity -- Immunoregulation and immunologic tolerance -- Autoimmunity -- Mucosal immunity -- Immunohematology -- Immunological diseases and immunopathology -- Immunophenotyping of hematopoietic malignancies -- Immunodeficiencies: congenital and acquired -- Acquired immune deficiency syndrome (AIDS) -- Immunomodulators -- Transplantation immunology -- Tumor immunology -- Immunity against microorganisms -- Vaccines and immunization -- Therapeutic immunology -- Comparative immunology -- Immunological methods and molecular techniques -- Diagnostic immunohistochemistry.
- Atlas of implantable therapies for pain management 2011, SpringerThis atlas is an essential guide for all implanters, from beginners to the most advanced practitioners. The process of implanting and managing spinal cord stimulators, peripheral nerve stimulators, and intrathecal pumps, from the beginning through long-term management, is thoroughly discussed, as are the prevention and management of complications.--Abstract (excerpt).
- Part 1.Distribution and arrangement of ICC in the GI tract --Stomach --Small Intestine --Duodenum --Colon --Caecum --Ileocaecal Junction --ICC Found in the Submucosal Layer --Introduction --Part 2.Ultrastructural demonstration of ICC and the allied cells --Ultrastructural Demonstration of ICC --Signal Pathways Between Nerves and Muscles Not Mediated by ICC --Issues for Future Studies.
- Print Material
- Atlas of intestinal stomas 2012, SpringerIntestinal Stomas: Historical Overview --Gastrointestinal Anatomy --Structure and Function of the Large Bowel --Physiologic and Metabolic Effects of Intestinal Stomas --Quality of Life of the Ostomate --Wound, Ostomy, and Continence/Enterostomal Therapy (WOC/ET) Nursing --Ileostomy --Medical Management of the High-Output Enterostomy and Enterocutaneous Fistula --Intestinal Stomas and the Biliary Tree --Continent Ileostomy --Colostomy: Types, Indications, Formation, and Reversal --Laparoscopic Ostomy Surgery --Ostomies in Trauma --CCF Color Photo Gallery --Stomas Via Percutaneous Endoscopy --Gastrointestinal Stomas in Infants and Children --Antegrade Colonic Enema (ACE) --Urinary Stomas --Enterocutaneous Fistula --Parastomal Hernia --Surgical Treatment of Peristomal Skin Conditions --Stoma Prolapse --Challenging Stomas.
- Atlas of lacrimal surgery 2007, Springer
- Print Material
- Print Material
- Atlas of liver pathology 2014, SpringerThe liver is a complex organ due to its unique microscopic structure, intricate metabolic functions and susceptibility to a wide variety of insults, manifesting in countless histological patterns. Atlas of Liver Pathology considers both changes seen in medical liver biopsies as well as lesional biopsies when the specimen has been taken from a mass. The book starts by reviewing normal structure and its variants and the optimal approaches for the preparation of histological sections for diagnostic liver pathology. The following chapters are dedicated to developmental, metabolic, infectious, drug related, autoimmune, biliary, vascular and neoplastic disorders. Two sections on liver pathology in pregnancy and transplantation conclude the work. Macroscopic illustrations are included where appropriate. All photographs are complemented by legends describing the picture and providing relevant related information. Authored by nationally and internationally recognized pathologists, Atlas of Liver Pathology is a valuable resource that serves as a quick reference guide for the diagnosis of usual and unusual diseases.
- Atlas of lymph node anatomy 2013, Springer
- Atlas of lymphoscintigraphy and sentinel node mapping 2013, Springer
- Atlas of male genital disorders 2013, SpringerMale genital disorders represent a common issue in medical practice, especially in the dermatological setting. Correct clinical evaluation of these disorders is essential when addressing the diagnosis, which in some cases may require histopathological confirmation. Depending on the disease, early diagnosis may be not only lifesaving, but also of fundamental importance to the planning of successful treatment. This atlas introduces the most common penile diseases, along with more rarely encountered ones. It provides invaluable guidance on clinical diagnosis by highlighting prominent clinical features and presenting particular videodermatoscopy findings when these are indicative of the diagnosis. In addition, for each condition the most appropriate treatment is proposed, taking into account recent therapeutic advances of proven benefit.
- Atlas of mammography. 3rd ed. 2007, OvidAnatomy of the breast -- Techniques and positioning in mammography -- An approach to mammographic analysis -- Circumscribed masses -- Indistinct and spiculated masses -- Analysis of calcification -- Prominent ductal patterns -- Asymmetry and architectural distortion -- The thickened skin pattern -- The axilla -- The male breast -- The postsurgical breast -- The augmented breast -- Galactography -- Needle localization -- Percutaneous breast biopsy -- The roles of ultrasound and magnetic resonance imaging in breast imaging.
- Atlas of medical renal pathology 2013, SpringerThe kidney is an organ with complex organogenesis susceptible to numerous misadventures in development and is exposed to a diverse array of insults of hematogenous and lower urinary tract origin. This Atlas of Medical Renal Pathology provides an overview of the development, macroscopic and microscopic features of the normal kidney. This is followed by a comprehensive survey of developmental and cystic kidney diseases, vascular diseases and tubulointerstitial diseases. An emphasis is placed on gross diagnostic findings with detailed histological correlates. In addition, the histological, immunofluorescent, immunohistochemical and ultrastructural features of the major glomerular diseases and renal transplantation pathology are presented. This compendium of non-neoplastic kidney diseases illustrates the vast majority diseases you are likely to encounter in surgical and autopsy pathology.
- Atlas of minimally invasive surgery in esophageal carcinoma 2010, Springer
- Atlas of morphology and functional anatomy of the brain 2006, Springer
- Atlas of neoplastic pulmonary disease 2010, SpringerLymphangiomatosis -- Pleuropulmonary blastoma -- Congenital pulmonary myofibroblastic tumor -- Alveolar adenoma -- Uncommon endobronchial surface tumors -- Mucous gland adenoma -- Pleomorphic adenoma -- Mucoepidermoid tumor -- Adenoid cystic carcinoma -- Inflammatory polyps -- Inflammatory pseudotumor -- Pulmonary chondroma -- Pulmonary hamartoma -- Localized fibrous tumor -- Lipomas and liposarcomas -- Cystic lymphangioma -- Lymphangioleiomyomatosis -- Epithelioid hemangioendothelioma -- Pulmonary artery sarcoma -- Synovial sarcoma -- Marginal zone B-cell lymphoma (maltoma) -- Diffuse large B-cell lymphoma -- Lymphomatoid granulomatosis -- Langerhans cell histiocytosis -- Typical and atypical carcinoids -- Teratoma -- Melanoma -- Thymoma -- Glomus tumor of the lung -- Sclerosing hemangioma -- Preinvasive disease -- Squamous cell carcinoma -- Adenocarcinoma -- Large cell carcinoma -- Small cell carcinoma -- Adenosquamous carcinoma -- Bronchioloalveolar carcinoma -- Large cell neuroendocrine carcinoma -- Sarcomatoid carcinoma -- Pulmonary blastoma -- Metastatic tumors.
- Atlas of neuromuscular diseases 2005, Springer
- Print Material
- Basics and performance of cardiac computed tomography -- Nornal anatomy and congenital abnormalities of the coronary arteries -- Detection and quantification of coronary artery calcium by MDCT -- Coronary artery stenoses: detection, quantitation and characterization -- Morphological and functional assessment of heart chambers by MDCT.
- Atlas of nuclear cardiology. Fourth edition. 2013, Springer
- Print MaterialOcular vascular anatomy -- Measurement of blood flow -- Case studies -- Future techniques.
- Atlas of organ transplantation 2006, SpringerMultiorgan procurement from the deceased donor -- Dialysis access procedures -- Nephrectomy from a living donor -- Kidney transplantation -- Pancreas transplantation -- Liver transplantation -- Intestinal and multivisceral transplantation.
- Atlas of pediatric brain tumors 2010, SpringerPart 1. Pilocytic astrocytoma and Pilomyxoid Astrocytoma -- Pilocytic astrocytoma and Pilomyxoid Astrocytoma / Christine Fuller and Sonia Narendra -- Pleomorphic Xanthoastrocytoma / Christine E. Fuller -- Infiltrative Astrocytomas (Diffuse Astrocytoma, Anaplastic Astrocytoma, Glioblastoma) / Christine E. Fuller -- Oligodendroglial Tumors / Christine E. Fuller -- Ependymal Tumors / Christine E. Fuller, Sonia Narendra and Ioana Tolicica -- Introduction and Overview of Brain Tumors / Adekunle M. Adesina -- Part 2. Embryonal Neuroepithelial Tumors -- Central Nervous System Primitive Neuroectodermal Tumors and Medulloepithelioma / Adekunle M. Adesina, J. Hunter and L. Rorke-Adams -- Medulloblastoma / Adekunle M. Adesina and J. Hunter -- Atypical Teratoid Rhabdoid Tumor / Adekunle M. Adesina, J. Hunter and L. Rorke-Adams -- Part 3. Tumors of the Meninges -- Meningiomas / Christine Fuller and Brian Pavlovitz -- Hemangiopericytoma and Other Mesenchymal Tumors / Christine E. Fuller -- Melanocytic Lesions / Christine E. Fuller -- Hemangioblastoma -- Christine E. Fuller -- Part 4. Tumors of Cranial and Spinal Nerves -- Schwannoma / Tarik Tihan -- Neurofibroma / Tarik Tihan -- Malignant Peripheral Nerve Sheath Tumors / Tarik Tihan -- Part 5. Neuronal and Mixed Neuronal-glial Tumors -- Desmoplastic Infantile Astrocytoma and Ganglioglioma / Adekunle M. Adesina -- Dysembryoplastic Neuroepithelial Tumor / Adekunle M. Adesina and Ronald A. Rauch -- Ganglioglioma and Gangliocytoma / Adekunle M. Adesina and Ronald A. Rauch -- Central Neurocytoma and Extraventricular Neurocytoma / Adekunle M. Adesina and Ronald A. Rauch -- Papillary Glioneuronal Tumor / M. Rivera-Zengotita, A. Illner and Adekunle M. Adesina -- Rosette-Forming Glioneuronal Tumor of the Fourth Ventricle / M. Rivera-Zengotita and Adekunle M. Adesina -- Malignant Epithelioid Glioneuronal Tumor / M. Rivera-Zengotita, R. Rauch and Adekunle M. Adesina -- Paraganglioma / A. Rivera and Adekunle M. Adesina -- Part 6. Neurocutaneous Syndromes -- Neurofibromatosis 1 / Tarik Tihan -- Neurofibromatosis 2 / Tarik Tihan -- Von Hippel-Lindau Disease / Tarik Tihan and Adekunle M. Adesina -- Tuberous Sclerosis Complex / Tarik Tihan and Adekunle M. Adesina -- L'hermitte-Duclos Disease and Cowden Disease / T. Hidehiro, S. Hiroyoshi and Adekunle M. Adesina -- Part 7. Tumors in the Region of the Pituitary Fossa -- Pituitary Tumors / Tarik Tihan and Christine E. Fuller -- Craniopharyngioma / Tarik Tihan -- Part 8. Choroid Plexus Neoplasms -- Choroid Plexus Neoplasms / Christine E. Fuller, Sonia Narendra and Ioana Tolocica -- Part 9. Pineal Based Tumors -- Pineal Parenchymal Tumors / Tarik Tihan -- Part 10. Germ Cell Tumors -- Germ Cell Tumors / Tarik Tihan -- Part 11. Paraneoplastic Disorders -- Paraneoplastic Disorders of the Central Nervous System / Christine E. Fuller and Sonia Narendra -- Part 12. Tumours of the Haematopoietic System -- Malignant Lymphoma / Adekunle M. Adesina -- Histiocytic Tumors / A. Mukherjee and Adekunle M. Adesina -- Part 13. Interesting/Challenging Cases and Exercises in Pattern Recognition -- Case Studies / Adekunle M. Adesina, Christine E. Fuller and Lucy Rocke-Adams.
- Print Material
- Print Material
- Print MaterialGenetic disorders and dysmorphic conditions -- Neonatology / Beverly S. Brozanski, Debra L. Bogen -- Developmental-behavioral pediatrics / Heidi M. Feldman -- Allergy and immunology / David Nash, Andrew J. MacGinnitie -- Cardiology / Sang Park, Lee B. Beerman, Jacqueline Kreutzer -- Child abuse and neglect / Mary Carrasco, Holly Davis, Janet Squires -- Rheumatology / Paul Rosen, Sara C. McIntire -- Dermatology / Bernard Cohen, Holly Davis -- Endocrinology / Selma Feldman Witchel, Kecha A. Lynshue -- Nutrition and gastroenterology / Cheryl Blank and J. Carlton Gartner, Jr. -- Hematology and oncology / Jean M. Tersak, Ritchey -- Infectious disease / Holly Davis, Marian Michaels -- Nephrology / Demetrius Ellis -- Urologic disorders / Mark F. Bellinger -- Neurology / Rajiv Varma -- Pulmonary disorders / Jonathan D. Finder -- Surgery / Edward M. Barksdale, Jr. -- Pediatric and adolescent gynecology / Pamela Murray, Holly Davis -- Ophthalmology / Kenneth Cheng -- Oral disorders / Brian Martin ... [et al.] -- Orthopedics / Vincent Deeney -- Craniofacial anomalies / Aaron Corde Mason, Joseph E. Losee, Michael L. Bentz -- Otolaryngology / Robert Yellon.
- Print Material
- Atlas of pelvic floor ultrasound 2008, Springer
- Atlas of percutaneous edge-to-edge mitral valve repair 2013, SpringerMitral Valve Anatomy and Current Surgical and Percutaneous Approaches to Mitral Regurgitation -- Device Description and Procedural Overview -- Room Setup -- Summary of MitraClip Clinical Data and Approach to Patient Selection -- Echocardiographic Evaluation of Patients Before and After MitraClip Mitral Valve Repair -- MitraClip Procedural Echocardiography -- Transseptal Puncture -- Venous Access Management -- Hemodynamic Perspectives of Edge-to-Edge Mitral Valve Repair -- Situational Steering Techniques -- MitraClip: Basic Degenerative Case -- EVEREST II Basic Functional Case Study -- Barlow's Disease -- EVEREST II Case Study: Large Left Atrium -- Approach to Mitral Regurgitation Requiring Multiple MitraClips -- Case Example: Two Clips -- EVEREST II Delayed Second Clip for Early Recurrent MR -- Secondary Mitral Regurgitation Due to Ischemic Mitral Valve Disease and Mild Rheumatic Mitral Valve Disease -- The Dilemma of Reducing Functional Mitral Regurgitation Versus Development of Mitral Stenosis -- Infective Endocarditis Associated with the MitraClip -- EVEREST II MitraClip After Failed Surgical Mitral Valve Repair -- EVEREST II Functional Mitral Regurgitation -- Chiari Network Complicating a MitraClip Procedure -- EVEREST II: Two MitraClip Procedure with Partial Detachment of Second Device -- MitraClip Procedure in Unusual Heart Position -- Interatrial Septal Tear: A Rare Complication During MitraClip Procedure and Successful Transcatheter Closure -- Percutaneous Double-Valve Treatment in a Patient with Degenerative Aortic Stenosis and Functional Mitral Regurgitation -- Percutaneous Mitral Valve Repair After Previous Mitral Valve Reconstruction -- Case Examples: (1) Delayed Functional Mitral Regurgitation in a High Risk Patient, and (2) Complex Degenerative Mitral Regurgitation (Anterior Leaflet Prolapse) with Commissural Impingement -- Severe Functional Mitral Regurgitation with Missing Leaflet Coaptation -- Severe Ischemic Heart Failure with Functional Improvement After MitraClip Therapy -- Severe Left-to-Right Shunting from Iatrogenic Atrial Septal Defect -- MitraClip Implantation in Chronic Degenerative Mitral Regurgitation with Extensive Calcification -- 3D Transesophageal Echo-Guided MitraClip Treatment of P3 Mitral Valve Prolapse -- Failure and Complications of MitraClip® Implantation for Severe Functional Mitral Regurgitation: A Combination of Unexpected Findings and Early Experience -- Mitral Valve Repair Using the MitraClip System in a Patient with Severe Mitral Regurgitation in the A3/P3 Region due to Chordae Rupture During Transapical TAVI -- MitraClip Implantation in a Patient with Severe Mitral Annular Calcification and a Small Orifice Area -- Functional Mitral Regurgitation Treatment with MitraClip: Difficult Transseptal Puncture with Anterior Approach Complicated by Right Atrial Thrombus -- MitraClip in a Patient with Dextrocardia and Scoliosis Complicated by Delayed Clip Detachment -- Massive Air Embolism During MitraClip Insertion -- The Degree and Type of Mitral Regurgitation Present at the Baseline Is Not Always a Good Predictor of the Procedural Technical Needs or of the Final Result -- Functional Mitral Regurgitation with a Wide Extension of the Central Regurgitant Jet -- Percutaneous Edge-to-Edge Mitral Valve Repair for Functional Mitral Regurgitation in a High-Surgical-Risk Patient -- Mitral Stenosis After MitraClip Therapy and a Partial Solution for Treatment -- MitraClip Therapy for Functional Mitral Regurgitation: Importance of Jet Localization to Direct MitraClip Placement -- MitraClip: Acute Thrombus Formation During Guide Insertion -- MitraClip Placement in a Patient with Severe Kyphoscoliosis and Bileaflet Prolapse.
- Atlas of peripheral nerve ultrasound 2013, SpringerIn recent years, sonography of the peripheral nervous system has gained widespread acceptance. New diagnostic applications have emerged, and the field of ultrasound-guided interventions has expanded significantly: regional anesthesia, peripheral nerve blocks, and similar techniques are now frequently performed under ultrasound guidance by anesthesiologists and pain physicians alike. This atlas of peripheral nerve ultrasound is designed to meet the daily needs of both radiologists and clinicians by allowing rapid review of typical features, knowledge of which is important for successful diagnosis and intervention.
- Atlas of PET-CT 2009, Springer
- Atlas of PET/MR imaging in oncology 2013, SpringerThis new project on PET/MR imaging in oncology includes digital interactive software matching the cases in the book. The interactive version of the atlas is based on the latest web standard, HTML5, ensuring compatibility with any computer operating system as well as a dedicated version for Apple iPad and iPhone. The book opens with an introduction to the principles of hybrid imaging that pays particular attention to PET/MR imaging and standard PET/MR acquisition protocols. A wide range of illustrated clinical case reports are then presented. Each case study includes a short clinical history, findings, and teaching points, followed by illustrations, legends, and comments. The multimedia version of the book includes dynamic movies that allow the reader to browse through series of rotating 3D images (MIP or volume rendered), display blending between PET and MR, and dynamic visualization of 3D image volumes. The movies can be played either continuously or sequentially for better exploration of sets of images. The editors of this state-of-the-art publication are key opinion leaders in the field of multimodality imaging. Professor Osman Ratib (Geneva) and Professor Markus Schwaiger (Munich) were the first in Europe to initiate the clinical adoption of PET/MR imaging. Professor Thomas Beyer (Zurich) is an internationally renowned pioneering physicist in the field of hybrid imaging. Individual clinical cases presented in this book are co-authored by leading international radiologists and nuclear physicians experts in the use of PET and MRI.
- Print MaterialIntroduction to sleep and polysomnography -- Staging -- Multiple sleep latency test (MSLT)/maintenance of wakefulness test (MWT) -- Breathing disorders -- Limb movement disorders -- Parasomnias -- Electroencephalographic abnormalities -- Artifacts -- Electrocardiography -- Calibrations -- Actigraphy -- Technical background -- Recording artifacts and solving technical problems with polysomnography technology.
- Atlas of postmenopausal osteoporosis. 3rd ed. 2010, Springer
- Atlas of practical Mohs histopathology 2013, Springer1. How to Use This Atlas -- 2. Normal Skin -- 3. Basal Cell Carcinoma -- 4. Infiltrative Basal Cell Carcinoma -- 5. Differentiating Basal Cell Carcinoma from Normal and Benign Histologic Findings -- 6. Adnexal Tumors -- 7. Microcystic Adnexal Carcinoma -- 8. Differentiating Infiltrative Basal Cell Carcinoma from Other Tumors -- 9. Squamous Cell Carcinoma In Situ and Actinic Keratoses -- 10. Squamous Cell Carcinoma -- 11. Differentiating Squamous Cell Carcinoma from other entities -- 12. Dermatofibrosarcoma Protuberans -- 13. Other Non-melanocytic Skin Cancer -- 14. Pitfalls and Incidental Findings -- 15. Artifacts.
- Atlas of primary care procedures 2004, Ovid
- Atlas of procedures in neonatology. 4th ed. 2007, OvidPreparation and support -- Physiologic monitoring -- Blood sampling -- Miscellaneous sampling -- Vascular access -- Respiratory care -- Tube replacement -- Transfusions -- Miscellaneous procedures.
- Atlas of procedures in neonatology. 5th ed. 2013, Ovid"The Atlas of Procedures in Neonatology, Fifth Edition, provides detailed, step-by-step instructions on procedures performed in the neonatal intensive care nursery. In an easy-to-follow outline format, with more than 450 drawings and clinical photographs, the book presents clear, current information on indications, preparation, technique, precautions, and how to avoid potential complications.New for this edition: New chapters covering: Brain and Whole Body Cooling; Bubble CPAP; Educational Principles of Simulation Based Procedure Training to help you stay updated on the latest technology and information Access to free online companion website that includes fully searchable text, image bank and videos so you can access the content anytime, anywhere Video collection has been expanded to include: lumbar puncture, intraosseous infusion, bubble CPAP and pericardiocentesis for both commonly performed procedures and vital emergency procedures"--Provided by publisher.
- Atlas of psoriatic arthritis 2007, Springer
- Atlas of real time 3D transesophageal echocardiography 2010, SpringerTechnological issues -- General concepts -- The mitral valve -- The aortic valve and pulmonary valves -- Tricuspid valve and pulmonary valves -- Atrial and ventricular septa -- Right and left atria -- The right ventricle -- The left ventricle -- Clinical cases.
- Atlas of regional anatomy of the brain using MRI 2006, Springer
- Atlas of robotic prostatectomy 2013, SpringerIn many centers of excellence in Urology, robotic prostatectomy has become the first choice for the surgical treatment of localized prostate cancer owing to benefits such as reduced pain and minimization of impotence and incontinence. This atlas, specifically designed for use by surgeons, provides a beautifully illustrated, step-by-step guide to all aspects of the procedure. The various techniques that can be employed to achieve excellent oncological and functional results are carefully depicted in appropriate detail; for example, nerve-sparing techniques, bladder neck reconstruction, and approaches aimed at the early restoration of continence are clearly described. Special situations, such as prior prostate surgery, a large prostate, and salvage prostatectomy, are also fully covered. The information contained in this atlas will be of great value in enabling surgeons to improve their results and to take full advantage of the benefits of robotic prostatectomy compared with open prostatectomy.
- Atlas of sarcoidosis 2005, Springer
- Atlas of scar treatment and correction 2012, SpringerThis atlas is a comprehensive guide to the treatment and correction of scars. It is divided into four sections covering the different types of scar: atrophic and stretch marks, keloid and hypertrophic, normotrophic, and mixed. For each scar type, the various invasive and minimally invasive procedures and their results are documented with the aid of numerous high-quality photographs. In the section on keloid and hypertrophic scars, treatment is presented according to scar localization. In addition, the influence of etiology on treatment is considered, with distinction between scars due to injuries, animal bites, inflammatory diseases (including acne and varicella), and burns. Care is taken to distinguish between approaches suitable for fresh scars (in the inflammation, proliferation, and maturation phases) and those appropriate for scars present for more than one year. Potential adverse effects and complications of treatment are also explored.
- Atlas of schizophrenia 2002, CRCnetBASE
- Atlas of sectional radiological anatomy for PET/CT 2012, SpringerHead and Neck --Thorax --Abdomen --Pelvis.
- Atlas of single-port, laparoscopy, and robotic surgery 2014, SpringerMinimally invasive surgery has become the standard treatment for many diseases and conditions. In the last decade, numerous studies have demonstrated that laparoscopic approaches have improved patients quality of life if compared with standard open procedures. Atlas of Single-Port, Laparoscopic, and Robotic Surgery serves as a guide in single-port, standard laparoscopy, and robotic surgery and shows how novel techniques, such as single-port laparoscopy and robotics, have recently evolved. The atlas illustrates the unique challenges that the new single-port surgery modality presents, including instruments crowding and articulation, and the advanced laparoscopic skills required to perform these procedures, such as the ability to move and control a flexible camera. It also illustrates how to efficiently and safely utilize the robot to perform most gynecologic procedures. This exceptional resource provides students, residents, fellows, operating room personnel, and practicing gynecologic surgeons with invaluable information about instrumentation, surgical technique, port systems, and the current research and development in robotics.
- Atlas of skin cancers 2011, SpringerThe incidence of skin cancer has risen rapidly in recent decades, and patients often present initially to practitioners in many different specialties. Because skin cancer can vary in clinical appearance, even dermatologists may experience difficulty in reaching a clinical diagnosis. For primary care physicians and physician extenders (physician assistants, nurses, and nurse practitioners), who have had very little or no formal training in dermatology, the task can be still more daunting. In this atlas, the authors set out to provide a practical resource that will help improve the 'visual vocabulary' of physicians and physician extenders, helping them identify lesions that should be biopsied.--Abstract (excerpt).
- Print MaterialSurgical and pathological anatomy of neurotological and skull base tumors -- Lateral approaches to the internal auditory canal and cerebellopontine angle -- Retrosigmoid approach to the internal auditory canal and cerebellopontine angle -- Microsurgery of acoustic neuroma -- Middle fossa approaches to the internal auditory canal and cerebellopontine angle.Combined craniotomies of the posterior and middle fossae -- Microsurgical resection of a complex meningioma via combined approach craniotomy -- Approaches to jugular foramen and infratemporal fossa -- Far lateral approach to the foramen magnum -- Approaches to Meckel's cave (cavum trigeminale) -- Approaches to the clivuss -- Orbitozygomatic approaches -- Use of endoscopes in skull base surgery -- Vascular considerations in lateral skull base surgery.Fractures of the cranial base -- Encephalocele of the middle fossa floor -- Cerebrospinal fluid leak -- Temporal bone resection -- Approaches to the petrous apex -- Ear canal closure in skull base surgery -- Facial nerve surgery -- Facial nerve rerouting during skull base surgery -- Reanimation of the paralyzed face -- Vestibular surgery -- Cochlear implantation -- Reconstruction of the cranial base -- Cranial nerve monitoring.
- Atlas of soft tissue tumor pathology 2013, SpringerSoft tissue tumors are a large and heterogeneous group of tumors and pseudotumors with a spectrum of behavior from benign to frankly malignant. This Atlas of Soft Tissue Tumor Pathology provides an overview of reactive, pseudoneoplastic, benign and intermediate neoplasms, sarcomas and related conditions arising in subcutaneous and deep soft tissues. Emphasis is placed on microscopic appearances with correlation with gross diagnostic findings where relevant. In addition, the immunohistochemical and molecular genetic features of the major soft tissue tumor subtypes are presented.
- Atlas of SPECT-CT 2011, Springer
- Atlas of staging in gynecological cancer 2008, Springer
- Atlas of the hand clinics v. 7-11, 2002-06., MD Consult eJournals
- Print Material
- Atlas of the neonatal rat brain 2011, CRCnetBASE
- Atlas of the oral and maxillofacial surgery clinics of North America v. 10-, 2002-, MD Consult eJournals
- Atlas of the patellofemoral joint 2013, SpringerPart I: Etiopathogenic Bases and Therapeutic Implications -- Background: Patellofemoral Malalignment Versus Tissue Homeostasis -- In Search of the Etiology of Anterior Knee Pain -- Biological Causes of Anterior Knee Pain -- Pathogenesis of Anterior Knee Pain in the Active Young: Is There a Relation Between the Presence of Patellofemoral Malalignment and Pain? -- Unilateral Anterior Knee Pain as a Sign of Knee Asymmetry -- Biomechanical Bases for Anterior Knee Pain and Patellar Instability -- Anatomy of Patellar Dislocation -- Evaluation of the Patient with Anterior Knee Pain and Patellar Instability -- Influence of Psychological Factors on Pain and Disability in Anterior Knee Pain Patients -- Uncommon Causes of Anterior Knee Pain -- Risk Factors and Prevention of Anterior Knee Pain -- Non-operative Treatment of Athletes with Anterior Knee Pain: Science, Classical, and New Ideas -- Conservative Management of Anterior Knee Pain: The McConnell Program -- Skeletal Malalignment and Anterior Knee Pain: Rationale, Diagnosis, and Management -- Biochemical Causes of Patellar Tendinopathy? -- Prevention of Anterior Knee Pain After Anterior Cruciate Ligament Reconstruction -- Anterior Knee Pain with Special Emphasis on the Clinical, Radiographic, Histological, Ultrastructural, and Biochemical Aspects After Anterior Cruciate Ligament Reconstruction Using Autografts -- Part II: Emerging Technologies for Investigating Patellofemoral Joint. Clinical Relevance -- Imaging and Musculoskeletal Modeling to Investigate the Mechanical Etiology of Patellofemoral Pain -- Computational Models for Investigating the Patellofemoral Joint: Clinical Relevance -- Kinetic Analysis: A Sensitive Outcome Objective Measurement Method in Evaluating Lateral Patellar Instability -- Kinetic and Kinematic Analysis in Evaluating Patients with Anterior Knee Pain -- Part III: Clinical Cases Commented -- Failure of Patellofemoral Surgery: Analysis of Clinical Cases -- Neuromatous Knee Pain: Evaluation and Management -- Kinetic and Kinematic Analysis of Iatrogenic Medial Patellar Instability: Clinical Relevance -- Part IV: Surgical Techniques "How I Do It" -- Ultrasound and Doppler-Guided Arthroscopic Shaving for the Treatment of Patellar Tendinopathy/Jumper's Knee: Biological Background and Description of Method -- Arthroscopic Patellar Denervation for Anterior Knee Pain -- Reconstruction of the Medial Patellofemoral Ligament: How I Do It -- Reconstruction of the Medial Patellofemoral Ligament: How I Do It -- MPFL Reconstruction: Principles and Complications -- Reconstruction of the Lateral Patellofemoral Ligament: How I Do It -- Reconstruction of the Lateral Patellofemoral Ligament: How I Do It -- Osteotomies Around the Patellofemoral Joint -- Sulcus Deepening Trochleoplasty -- Rotational Tibial Osteotomy -- Rotational Femoral Osteotomy -- Patella Infera and Patella Alta -- Anteromedial Tibial Tubercle Osteotomy (Fulkerson Osteotomy) -- The Patella Thinning Osteotomy: A New Technique for Patellofemoral Arthritis -- Cartilage Restoration in the Patellofemoral Joint -- Autologous Osteochondral Mosaicplasty -- Patellofemoral Allografts -- Patellofemoral Arthroplasty: Pearls and Pitfalls -- The Patellofemoral Arthroplasty: The Great Solution, the Great Problem -- A Philosophy of the Patellofemoral Joint: A Logical Clinical Approach.
- Atlas of the sensory organs 2005, Springer
- Atlas of thyroid lesions 2011, SpringerPhysical and technical essentials -- Ultrasound features of thyroid lesions -- Nodular or colloid goiter, hyperplasia, and cysts -- Follicular adenoma and follicular thyroid carcinoma -- Oncocytic nodule/Hurtle cell tumors -- Follicular variant of papillary thyroid carcinoma -- Papillary thyroid carcinoma -- Medullary thyroid carcinoma -- Anaplastic carcinoma -- Lymphoma and plasmacytoma -- Thyroiditis -- Metastases -- Regional lymph node metastases.
- Atlas of toxicological pathology 2014, Springer"This atlas contains more than 700 illustrations that the authors have collected over the years as well as references and information pertaining to recently developed drug classes, including biologics. It is a useful bench reference for practicing pathologists and may also be used as a reference text by other experts from related fields. The atlas is organised into different chapters based on systemic pathology. Each chapter has illustrations with legends, and the atlas includes some rare examples of unique lesions found during toxicity studies over many years."--Publisher's website.
- Atlas of transnasal esophagoscopy 2007, OvidIndications for transnasal esophagoscopy -- Technique and endoscopic anatomy of nasal cavity and hypopharynx -- Normal transnasal esophagoscopy -- Esophagitis -- Webs and rings -- Hiatal hernia -- Barrett's metaplasia -- Neoplasia -- Miscellaneous esophageal disorders -- Procedures.
- Atlas of trichoscopy 2012, SpringerTrichoscopy - the use of dermoscopy to diagnose diseases of hair and scalp - was initially named in 2006 and thus it is still very much in its childhood. With so much still to learn in the great field of hair and scalp disorders, recent years have brought multiple results from original studies into trichoscopy, new case descriptions, and analytic reviews, as well as know-how derived from unpublished but widely shared experience.Atlas of Trichoscopy: Dermoscopy in Hair and Scalp Diseases is a book for both trainee dermatologists and those who perform trichoscopy in their everyday practice. It contains chapters by trichoscopy experts from around the world that will certainly help the reader learn the subtleties of the technique while teach them how to apply it in their daily practice.
- Atlas of ultrasound guided musculoskeletal injections 2014, SpringerThe use of ultrasound guidance to perform diagnostic and therapeutic injections is growing at a rapid rate, as is the evidence to support its use. Even with the increased popularity of ultrasound, there remains a lack of formal training or a standard reference book. Atlas of Ultrasound Guided Musculoskeletal Injections fills this void in the literature and will be useful to physiatrists, orthopedists, rheumatologists, pain medicine and sports medicine specialists alike. Broken down by anatomic structure and heavily illustrated, this book is both comprehensive and instructive. The Editors and their contributors break down the basics (both the fundamentals of ultrasound to needle visibility and the role of injections) and explore ultrasound-guided injection for structures in the shoulder, elbow, wrist and hand, hip and groin, knee, ankle and foot, and spine. Using a clear, heavily illustrated format, this book describes the relevant clinical scenarios and indications for injection, the evidence to support ultrasound use, relevant local anatomy, injection methods, and pearls and safety considerations. It will be a valuable reference for trainees and experienced clinicians alike, for experienced sonographers or those just starting out.
- Print Material
- Imaging in interventional pain management and basics of ultrasonography -- Imaging in interventional pain management / Marc A. Huntoon -- Basics of ultrasound imaging / Vincent Chan and Anahi Perlas -- Essential knobology for ultrasound-guided regional anesthesia and interventional pain management / Alan J.R. Macfarlane, Cyrus C.H. Tse, and Richard Brull -- How to improve needle visibility / Dmitri Souzdalnitski, Imanuel Lerman, and Thomas M. Halaszynski -- Spine sonoanatomy and ultrasound-guided spine injections -- Spine anatomy and sonoanatomy for pain physicians / Bernhard Moriggl -- Ultrasound-guided third occipital nerve and cervical medial branch nerve blocks / Andreas Siegenthaler and Urs Eichenbergerxvi -- Ultrasound-guided cervical zygapophyseal (facet) intra-articular injection / Samer N. Narouze -- Ultrasound-guided cervical nerve root block / Samer N. Narouze -- Ultrasound-guided thoracic paravertebral block / Manoj Kumar Karmakar -- Ultrasound-guided lumbar zygapophysial (facet) nerve block / David M. Irwin and Michael Gofeld -- Ultrasound-guided lumbar nerve root (periradicular) injections / Klaus Galiano and Hannes Gruber -- Ultrasound-guided central neuraxial blocks / Manoj Kumar Karmakar -- Ultrasound-guided caudal, ganglion impar, and sacroiliac joint injections / Amaresh Vydyanathan and Samer N. Narouze -- Ultrasound-guided abdominal and pelvic blocks -- Ultrasound-guided transversus abdominis plane (TAP) block / Samer N. Narouze -- Ultrasound-guided celiac plexus block and neurolysis / Samer N. Narouze and Hannes Gruber -- Ultrasound-guided blocks for pelvic pain / Chin-Wern Chan and Philip W.H. Peng -- Ultrasound-guided peripheral nerve blocks and continuous catheters -- Ultrasound-guided nerve blocks of the upper extremity / Anahi Perlas, Sheila Riazi, and Cyrus C.H. Tse -- Ultrasound-guided nerve blocks of the lower limb / Haresh Mulchandani, Imad T. Awad, and Colin J.L. McCartney -- Ultrasound-guided continuous peripheral nerve blocks / Edward R. Mariano and Brian M. Ilfeld -- Ultrasound-guided cervical sympathetic block / Philip W.H. Peng -- Ultrasound-guided peripheral nerve blockade in chronic pain management / Anuj Bhatia and Philip W.H. Peng -- Musculoskeletal (MSK) ultrasound -- Ultrasound-guided shoulder joint and bursa injections / Michael P. Schaefer and Kermit Fox -- Ultrasound-guided hand, wrist, and elbow injections / Marko Bodor, John M. Lesher, and Sean Colio -- Ultrasound-guided hip injections / Hariharan Shankar and Swetha Simhan -- Ultrasound-guided knee injections / Mark-Friedrich B. Hurdle -- Advanced and new applications -- Ultrasound in pain management -- Ultrasound-guided peripheral nerve stimulation / Marc A. Huntoon -- Ultrasound-guided occipital stimulation / Samer N. Narouze -- Ultrasound-guided groin stimulation / Samer N. Narouze -- Ultrasound-assisted cervical diskography and intradiskal procedures / Samer N. Narouze.
- Print MaterialPre-urodynamic evaluation -- Normal micturition -- Cystometry -- Uroflowmetry -- Leak point pressure -- Low bladder compliance -- Videourodynamics -- Pitfalls in interpretation of urodynamic studies -- Overactive bladder -- Benign prostatic hyperplasia, bladder neck obstruction, and prostatitis -- Bladder outlet obstruction and impaired detrusor contractility in women -- Neurogenic bladder : the effect of neurologic lesions on micturition -- Cerebral vascular accident, Parkinson's disease and other supra spinal neurologic disorders -- Spinal cord injury, multiple sclerosis, and diabetes mellitus -- Stress incontinence in woman -- Genital prolapse -- Sphincteric incontinence in men and other complications of prostate cancer treatment -- Enterocystoplasty and neobladder.
- Atlas of vascular anatomy. 2nd ed. 2007, OvidThe fetal circulation -- Arteries of the head and neck -- Veins of the head and neck -- Lymphatic system of the head and neck -- Arteries of the spinal cord and spine -- Veins of the spinal cord and spine -- Thoracic aorta and arteries of the trunk -- Veins of the thorax -- Lymphatic system of the thorax -- Pulmonary arterial circulation -- Pulmonary venous circulation -- Pulmonary and thoracic lymphatic system -- Heart and coronary arteries -- Cardiac veins -- Arteries of the upper extremity -- Veins of the upper extremity -- Lymphatic drainage of the upper extremity -- Abdominal aorta and branches -- Arteries of the pelvis -- Veins of the abdomen and pelvis -- Lymphatic system of the abdomen and pelvis -- Arteries of the lower extremity -- Veins of the lower extremity -- Lymphatic system of the lower extremity.
- Print Material
- Atlas of virtual colonoscopy. 2nd ed. 2011, Springer
- Print MaterialIntroduction to vulvar disease -- Cysts -- Maculae -- Papillae -- Papules -- Plaques -- Tumors -- Ulcers -- Verrucae -- Vesicles -- Pediatrics -- Trauma -- Other diseases and tumors of the vulva.
- Print Material
- Atlas on the human testis 2013, Springer1. "Open" Biopsy of the Testis and Testicular Sperm Extraction / Ivan Krhen, Andreja Vukasović, and Davor Ježek -- 2. MicroTESE and Embryo Development / Nikica Zaninović and Peter N. Schlegel -- 3. Histologic Procedures and Testicular Biopsy Freezing / Andreja Vukasović, Viviana Kozina, and Davor Ježek -- 4. Early Development of the Human Testis / Gordana Jurić-Lekić, Marta Himelreich, Marta Lekić, Đurđica Grbeša, and Floriana Bulić-Jakuš -- 5. The Fetal Human Testis / Marina Kos and Tanja Leniček -- 6. The Testis in Childhood Between Birth and Puberty / Ewa Rajpert-De Meyts, Kristian Almstrup, John E. Nielsen, and Niels E. Skakkebæk -- 7. Normal Morphology of the Human Testis and Epididymis / Davor Ježek, Viviana Kozina, and Andreja Vukasović -- 8. Damage of Spermatogenesis / Martin Bergmann and Davor Ježek -- 9. Inflammatory Conditions of the Testis / Hans-Christian Schuppe and Martin Bergmann -- 10. Cryptorchidism (Undescended Testis) / Ljerka Banek, Viviana Kozina, Iva Marolt, and Tomislav Banek -- 11. Klinefelter's Syndrome / Manuel Nistal and Pilar González-Peramato -- 12. Testicular Dysgenesis Syndrome and Carcinoma In Situ Testis / Ewa Rajpert-De Meyts, Kristian Almstrup, and Niels E. Skakkebæk -- 13. Tumors of the Testis and Epididymis / Ivan Damjanov and Gregor Mikuz -- 14. Congenital Testis Pathology / Manuel Nistal and Pilar González-Peramato -- 15. Vascular Testis Pathology / Manuel Nistal and Pilar González-Peramato -- 16. New Approaches to Diagnosing Male Infertility. Part I, Microarray Analysis of Testicular Biopsy Specimens from Men with Intact and Impaired Spermatogenesis / Andrej-Nikolai Spiess and Wolfgang Schulze -- 17. New Approaches to Diagnosing Male Infertility. Part II, The Role of Confocal Microscopy and Three-Dimensional Reconstruction in Visualization of Reinke's Crystals / Viviana Kozina and Davor Ježek -- 18. Disorders of Sex Development / Manuel Nistal and Pilar González-Peramato.
- Print MaterialPediatrics / Jeanne G. Hill, Paula Keslar, and Anil Rao -- Musculoskeletal system / Catherine C. Roberts, Laura W. Bancroft, and Thomas L. Pope Jr -- Cardiovascular and interventional radiology / Stephen P. Loehr and Andrew G. Davis -- Ultrasound / Susan J. Ackerman, Abid Irashad, and Angelle Harper -- Nuclear medicine / Beata Panzegrau, Phillip S. Davis, and Leonie Gordon -- Neuroradiology : brain / Christopher K. Moses and Zoran Rumboldt -- Neuroradiology : head and neck / Richard H. Wiggins III and Lubdha M. Shah -- Neuroradiology : spine / Donna R. Roberts and Daniel B. Nissman -- Thoracic radiology / Lejla Aganovic and James G. Revenel -- Cardiac radiology / Yeong Shyan Lee, Pal Suranyi, and U. Joseph Schoepf -- Breast imaging / Michelle McDonough, Elizabeth DePeri, and Beata Panzegrau -- Gastrointestinal radiology / David J. Ott and John R. Leyendecker -- Genitourinary radiology / Judson R. Gash, Daniel J. Kirzeder.
- Print Material
- Basic histology 2013 (13th ed.), AccessMedicine
- The Library has a collection of stereographic image pairs (slide negatives and digitized images) by human body regions commonly called the Bassett Collection. Digitized versions of the originals were made available by Lane Medical Library in Nov. 2008. These include the original photographs and some radiographs, each pair with diagrams and explanatory legends. The legends have also been updated with modernized terminology. The Latin terminology is viewable, but only the English translations, as well as MeSH, are searchable in separate records for individual image.
- Bassett interactive, annotated Atlas of human anatomy Download software, Stanford users must download software to view fulltextInteractive digital atlas eHuman
- Bitemark evidence. 2nd ed. 2011, CRCnetBASEHistory of bitemark evidence / D.R. Senn -- The role of health professionals in diagnosing patterned injuries from birth to death / J.D. McDowell -- Role of the medical examiner, coroner, and pathologist / J.H.Davis -- The team approach in bitemark investigation / V.F. Delattre -- The nature of bitemarks / M.L. Bernstein -- Reconstructive bitemark analysis / M.L. Bernstein -- Photography / G.S. Golden and F.D. Wright -- Practical tips in forensic bitemark photography / L. Gagnon -- Image processing and analysis for evidentiary purposes / W.R. Oliver -- Bitemarks as biological evidence / D. Sweet O.C. -- Bitemark impressions / R.B.J. Dorion -- Microscopy techniques / P.J. Bush -- Nonperishables and perishables / R.B.J. Dorion -- Tissue specimens / R.B.J. Dorion -- Histology and timing of injury / J.H.Davis -- Animal bites / R.R. Souviron -- Carnivore bitemarks / R.B.J. Dorion -- Human bitemarks / R.B.J. Dorion -- Patterns, lesions, and trauma-mimicking bitemarks / R.B.J. Dorion and R.R. Souviron -- Current context of bitemark analysis and research / M.A. Bush and P.J. Bush -- Research, emerging technologies, and recent developments / R.B.J. Dorion -- Experimental bitemarks and histology / M. Houde -- Genotypic comparison of bacterial DNA recovered from bitemarks and teeth / G.R. Tompkins -- The suspect / L.T. Johnson -- Methods of comparison / J.C. Dailey -- Bitemark report / M.L. Bernstein -- Precautionary measures / P.G. Stimson -- Science and the law / R.A. Mincer and H.H. Mincer -- Case law / R.E. Barsley -- Contracting with the expert witness / R.D. Metcalf -- Courtroom aids in bitemark evidence / J.P. Kenney -- Legal liability of an expert witness / H.M. Pitluck -- Wrongful convictions and erroneous bitemark opinions / I.A. Pretty and C.M. Bowers -- Reliability of bitemark analysis / I.A. Pretty -- Resolving issues in bitemark analysis / I.A. Pretty -- ABFO Bitemark analysis guidelines: outline -- ABFO guidelines for investigative and final bitemark reports -- Bitemark checklist: bitemark recipient -- Bitemark checklist: suspected biter -- Sample consent form -- Dental nomenclature.
- Body 2009Print MaterialForeword /Richard Restak --Beginnings /Patricia Daniels --Body armor /Lisa Stein --Structure /Lisa Stein --Body movers /Susan Tyler Hitchcock --Circulation /Patricia Daniels --Vital exchange /Patricia Daniels --Body fuel /John Thompson --Body cleansing /John Thompson --Control center /Patricia Daniels --Messengers /Trisha Gura --Reproduction /Trisha Gura --Protection /John Thompson --Aging /Patricia Daniels --Epilogue: The future body /Stefan Bechtel.
- Print Material
- Print MaterialThe normal bone marrow -- Special techniques applicable to bone marrow diagnosis -- Infection and reactive changes -- Acute myeloid leukaemia, mixed phenotype acute leukaemia, the myelodysplastic syndromes, and histiocytic neoplasms -- Myeloproliferative and myelodysplastic/myeloproliferative neoplasms and related conditions -- Lymphoproliferative disorders -- Plasma cell neoplasms -- Disorders of erythropoiesis, granulopoiesis and thrombopoiesis -- Miscellaneous disorders -- Metastatic tumours -- Diseases of bone.
- Brain-- an introduction to functional neuroanatomy. 1st ed. 2010, ScienceDirectChapter 1. Nerve cells and synapses -- Chapter 2. Central nervous system basics- the brain and spinal cord -- Chapter 3. A map of the brain -- Chapter 4. Peripheral nerves -- Chapter 5. Command and control- the motor systems -- Chapter 6. Gathering information- the sensory systems -- Chapter 7. The human cerebral cortex -- Chapter 8. Higher level functions consciousness, learning, memory, and emotions -- Chapter 9. When things go wrong- brain disease and injury -- Chapter 10. The development of the brain and spinal cord -- Chapter 11. Techniques for studying the brain.
- BrainInfo Database"BrainInfo combines the stereotaxic Template Atlas with the NeuroNames nomenclature to provide a comprehensive primate brain information system." NeuroNames is a semantic network of neuroanatomical nomenclature.
- BrainNavigator Database, Users must registerBrainNavigator, a 3D brain interactive software tool for research in the rodent brain, combines atlas content and 3D capabilities based on technologies from the Allen Institute for Brain Science. It provides imaging for research, education and structure analysis to allow researchers to know exactly where they are when working with the rodent brain. Login is required for every user to access personalized workspace annotation, calibration, notes sharing, 3D slice configuration, saving of 3D model configurations and planning injection or electrode implants. BrainNavigator combines atlas content and 3D capabilities based on technologies from the Allen Institute for Brain Science.
- Section I: Basic principles --chapter 1.Diagnostic imaging methods /William E. Brant --Section II: Neuroradiology /Section editor: Erik H. L. Gaensler and Jerome A. Barakos --chapter 2.Introduction to brain imaging /David J. Seidenwurm and Govind Mukundan --chapter 3.Craniofacial trauma /Robert M. Barr, Alisa D. Gean, and Tuong H. Le --chapter 4.Cerebrovascular disease /Howard A. Rawley --chapter 5.Central nervous system neoplasms and tumor-like masses /Kelly K. Koeller --chapter 6.Central nervous system infections /Nathaniel A. Chuang and Walter L. Olsen --chapter 7.White matter and neurodegenerative diseases /Jerome A. Barakos and Derk D. Purcell --chapter 8.Pediatric neuroimaging /Camilla Lindan, Erik Gaensler, and Jerome Barakos --chapter 9.Head and neck imaging /Jerome A. Barakos and Derk D. Purcell --chapter 10.Nondegenerative diseases of the spine /Erik H. L. Gaensler and Derk D. Purcell --chapter 11.Lumbar spine: disc disease and stenosis /Clyde A. Helms --Section III: Pulmonary /Section editor: Jeffrey S. Klein --chapter 12.Methods of examination, normal anatomy, and radiographic findings of chest disease /Julio Lemo and Jeffrey S. Klein --chapter 13.Mediastinum and hila /Jeffrey S. Klein --chapter 14.Pulmonary vascular disease /Curtis E. Green and Jeffrey S. Klein --chapter 15.Pulmonary neoplasms /Jeffrey S. Klein --chapter 16.Pulmonary infection /Jeffrey S. Klein --chapter 17.Diffuse lung disease /Jeffrey S. Klein and Curtis E. Green --chapter 18.Airways disease /Jeffrey S. Klein --chapter 19.Pleura, chest wall, diaphragm, and miscellaneous chest disorders /Jeffrey S. Klein and Jimmy S. Ghostine --Section IV: Breast radiology /Section editor: Karen K. Lindfors --chapter 20.Breast imaging /Karen K. Lindfors and Huong T. Le-Petross --Section V: Cardiac radiology /Section editor: David K. Shelton --chapter 21.Cardiac anatomy, physiolgy, and imaging modalities /David K. Shelton --chapter 22.Cardiac imaging in acquired diseases /David K. Shelton and Gary Caputo --Section VI: Vascular and interventional radiology /Section editor: Michael J. Miller, Jr. --chapter 23.Thoracic, pulmonary arteries, and peripheral vascular disorders /Michael J. Miller Jr. and Tony P. Smith --chapter 24.Abdominal arteries, venous system, and nonvascular intervention /Michael J. Miller Jr. and Tony P. Smith --Section VII: Gastrointestinal tract /Section editor: William E. Brant --chapter 25.Abdomen and pelvis /William E. Brant --chapter 26.Liver, biliary tree, and gallbladder /William E. Brant --chapter 27.Pancreas and spleen /William E. Brant --chapter 28.Pharynx and esophagus /Sara Moshiri and William E. Brant --chapter 29.Stomach and duodenum /William E. Brant --chapter 30.Mesenteric small bowel /William E. Brant --chapter 31.Colon and appendix /William E. Brant and Sarah Erickson --Section VIII: Genitourinary tract /Section editor: William E. Brant --chapter 32.Adrenal glands and kidneys /William E. Brant --chapter 33.Pelvicalyceal system, ureters, bladder, and urethra /William E. Brant --chapter 34.Genital tract-CT, MR, and radiographic imaging /William E. Brant --Section IX: Ultrasonography /Section editor: William E. Brant --chapter 35.Abdomen ultrasound /William E. Brant --chapter 36.Genital tract and bladder ultrasound /William E. Brant --chapter 37.Obstetric ultrasound /William E. Brant --chapter 38.Chest, thyroid, parathyroid, and neonatal brain ultrasound /William E. Brant --chapter 39.Vascular ultrasound /William E. Brant and Raymond S. Dougherty --Section X: Musculoskeletal radiology /Section editor: Clyde A. Helms --chapter 40.Benign cystic bone lesions /Clyde A. Helms --chapter 41.Malignant bone and soft tissue tumors /Clyde A. Helms --chapter 42.Skeletal trauma /Clyde A. Helms --chapter 43.Arthritis /Clyde A. Helms --chapter 44.Metabolic bone disease /Clyde A. Helms --chapter 45.Skeletal "Don't Touch" lesions /Clyde A. Helms --chapter 46.Miscellaneous bone lesions /Clyde A. Helms --chapter 47.Magnetic resonance imaging of the knee /Clyde A. Helms --chapter 48.Magnetic resonance imaging of the shoulder /Clyde A. Helms --chapter 49.Magnetic resonance imaging of the foot and ankle /Clyde A. Helms --Section XI: Pediatric radiology /Section editor: Susan D. John --chapter 50.Pediatric chest /Susan D. John and Leonard E. Swischuk --chapter 51.Pediatric abdomen and pelvis /Susan D. John and Leonard E. Swischuk --Section XII: Nuclear radiology /Section editor: David K. Shelton --chapter 52.Introduction to nuclear medicine /David K. Shelton --chapter 53.Essential science of nuclear medicine /Ramsey D. Badawi, Linda A. Kroger, and Jerrold T. Bushberg --chapter 54.Skeletal system scintigraphy /David K. Shelton and Amir Kashefi --chapter 55.Pulmonary scintigraphy /David K. Shelton and Meena Kumar --chapter 56.Cardiovascular system scintigraphy /David K. Shelton --chapter 57.Endocrine gland scintigraphy /Marc G. Cote --chapter 58.Gastrointestinal, liver-spleen, and hepatobiliary scintigraphy /David K. Shelton and Roshanak Rahnamayi --chapter 59.Genitourinary system scintigraphy /Howard A. Carpenter and Cameron C. Foster --chapter 60.Scintigraphic diagnosis of inflammation and infection /Christopher J. Palestro --chapter 61.Molecular imaging /Amir Kashefi and David K. Shelton --chapter 62.Central nervous system scintigraphy /David H. Lewis and Jon Umlauf --chapter 63.Positron emission tomography /Cameron C. Foster, Bijan Bijan, and David K. Shelton.
- 7.0 Tesla MRI brain atlas — Brant and Helms fundamentals of diagnostic radiology (162)
- Breast cancer — Fetal echocardiography. 2nd ed. (162)
- Fetal radiology. 2nd ed. — Neuroanatomy of language regions of the human brain. First edition. [1st ed.] (162)
- Neuroanatomy. 3rd ed. — Zollinger's Atlas of surgical operations. 9th ed. (159)
Shortcut to Licensed Content
Bookmark on other websites
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Links” (IE7) or “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
- Once installed it will look like this
- Click "Bookmark on Lane" to bookmark any webpage
- Your saved bookmark will appear on this page
What is it?
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) gives you access to resources licensed by the library even when you're not coming from a Lane or a Stanford IP address.
While we'd like Lane to be your gateway to our licensed content, we recognize that links to books, articles and journals come from a variety of different sources (Google, your email, RSS reader, etc.).
When installed, it will look your browser bookmark.
At the page you would like to proxy, click the "Lane Gateway to Licensed Content" to invoke it.
If Lane licenses that content, you'll get access as if you were on campus.
How does it work?
This allows you to view the URL as though you were on campus, giving you access to materials licensed for use by the Stanford academic community.
If you're not authenticated, you'll be prompted for your SUNetID and password.
Don't see the Toolbar, Bookmarks, or Links or Favorites bar?
From the "View" menu, select "Toolbars" & choose "Bookmarks Toolbar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Show Bookmarks Bar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Always Show Bookmarks Bar"
- Right-click in a clear area near the browser address bar
- In the menu, check a box next "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites" (IE8, IE9)
- Managing IE Favorites
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) only works with resources Lane has licensed and configured to work with our proxy server.
If invoked on a resource we do not license and/or have not yet configured, you will see an error message:
The Lane proxy server cannot complete your request because this host has not been configured properly.
We make no attempt to configure our proxy server for every resource, only those we license and for which a Stanford IP address grants access.
Drag this button onto your browser toolbar to install.
- Right click this button
- Select "Add to Favorites", click "Continue" if you see a security alert
- In "Create in" menu, select "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites Bar" (IE8, IE9) to install
Drag this button onto Safari Bookmarks bar to install.