Journals by Subject
Social SciencesAccess restricted to Stanford unless otherwise noted
- Acta sociologica v. 1-, 1956-, HighWire
- Action research v. 1-, 2003-, HighWire
- Administration & society v. 6-, 1974-, HighWire
- Administrative science quarterly v. 1-, 1956-, JSTOR, Full text delayed 3+ yearsv. 44-, 1999- HighWire
- African study monographs v. 1-, 1981-, Kyoto Univ
- American behavioral scientist v. 4-, 1960-, HighWirev. 4-38, no. 8, 1960-Aug. 1995. ProQuest
- American journal of evaluation v. 19-, 1998-, HighWire
- American sociological review v. 1-, 1936-, JSTOR, Full text delayed 2+ yearsv. 69-, 2004- HighWire
- ANQ v. 1-, 1988-, Acad Search Prem
- Applied research in quality of life v. 1-, 2006-, Springer
- Australian and New Zealand journal of sociology v. 1-33, 1965-97., HighWire
- Biosecurity and bioterrorism v. 1-, 2003-, Liebert
- BioSocieties v. 4-, 2009-, Palgrave
- Body & society v. 1-, 1995-, HighWire
- British journal of social psychology v. 35-, 1996-, Wileyv. 40-, 2001- Full text delayed 6 months Acad Search Prem
- British journal of sociology v. 50-, 1999-, Wileyv. 1-49, 1950-98. JSTOR
- Canadian review of sociology v. 45-, 2008-, Wiley
- Canadian review of sociology and anthropology v. 33-44, 1997-2007., Wiley
- Child welfare v. 69-, 1990-, Acad Search Prem
- Coordinator v. 1-7, 1952-59., JSTOR
- Crime and delinquency v. 6-, 1960-, HighWire
- Critical sociology v. 15-20 no. 1, 1988-93., ProQuest
- Cultural diversity and mental health v. 1-4, 1995-98., APA PsycARTICLES
- Culture, health & sexuality v. 1-, 1999-, Acad Search Prem, Full text delayed 12 months
- Ethnicity & disease v. 13-, 2003-, ISHIB, Full text delayed 24 months
- Ethnicity & health v. 1, no. 3-, 1996-, Acad Search Prem, Full text delayed 12 months
- Evaluation v.1-, 1995-, HighWire
- Family and consumer sciences research journal v. 23-, 1994-, HighWire
- Family coordinator v. 17-28, 1968-79., JSTOR
- Family life coordinator v. 8-16, 1959-67., JSTOR
- Family process v. 36-, 1997-, Wileyv. 39-, 2000- Acad Search Prem
- Family relations v. 29-, 1980-, JSTOR, Full text delayed 5 years+v. 49, 2000- Wiley
- Feminist criminology v. 1-, 2006-, HighWire
- Field methods v. 11-, 1999-, HighWire
- Foreign affairs v. 1-, 1922-, Acad Search Prem
- Free associations v. 1-11, 1984-2004., PEP Archive
- Gender & society v. 1-, 1987-, HighWire
- Genetic, social, and general psychology monographs v. 116-132, 1990-2006, Acad Search Prem
- Group & organization management v. 24-, 1999-, HighWire
- Health & social work v. 15-, 1990-, Acad Search Prem, Full text delayed 12 monthsv. 1-20, 1976-95. HighWire
- Health and human rights v. 1-, 1994-, Harv Sch Public Health
- Health and social work v. 15-, 1990-, Acad Search Prem, Full text delayed 12 monthsv. 1-20, 1976-95. HighWire
- Hispanic journal of behavioral sciences v. 1-, 1979-, HighWire, Vols. 1-3 incomplete
- History of the human sciences v. 1-, 1988-, HighWire
- Home economics research journal v. 1-22, 1972-94., HighWire
- Homicide studies v. 1-, 1997-, HighWire
- Human relations v. 1-, 1947-, HighWire
- Indian journal of gender studies v. 1-, 1994-, HighWire
- International social work v. 2-, 1959-, HighWire
- Journal of biosocial science v. 29-, 1997-, Cambridge
- Journal of black studies v. 1-, 1970-, HighWire
- Journal of comparative family studies v. 1-31, 1970-2000., ProQuest
- Journal of conflict resolution v. 1-, 1957-, HighWire
- Journal of contemporary ethnography v. 16-, 1987-, HighWire
- Journal of educational and behavioral statistics v. 19-, 1994-, HighWire
- Journal of gerontology. Series B, Psychological sciences and social sciences v. 50B-, 1995-, HighWire
- Journal of happiness studies v. 1-, 2000-, Springerv. 1-, 2000- Full text delayed 12 months Acad Search Prem
- Journal of health and social behavior v. 8-, 1967-, JSTOR, Full text delayed 2 years+v. 45-, 2004- HighWire
- Journal of human resources v. 1-, 1966-, JSTOR, Full text delayed 3 years
- Journal of immigrant and minority health v. 8-, 2006-, Springer
- Journal of interpersonal violence v. 1-, 1986-, HighWire
- Journal of policy analysis and management v. 15-, 1996-, Wiley
- Journal of population v. 1-2, 1978-79., Springer
- Journal of research in crime and delinquency v. 1-, 1964-, HighWire
- Journal of social behavior and personality v. 1-15, 1986-2000., ProQuest
- Journal of social issues v. 1-, 1930-, Wiley
- Journal of social philosophy v. 30-, 1999-, Acad Search Prem, Full text delayed 12 months
- Journal of social policy v. 26-, 1997-, Cambridge
- Journal of social work v. 1-, 2001-, HighWire
- Journal of sociology v. 34-, 1998-, HighWire
- Journal of the Royal Anthropological Institute v. 1-, 1995-, JSTOR, Full text delayed 5+ yearsv. 1-, 1995- Full text delayed 12 months Acad Search Premv. 6-, 2000- Wiley
- Journal of transcultural nursing v. 1-, 1989-, HighWire
- Journal of Zhejiang University. Science v. 1-5, 2000-04., J Zhejiang Univ Sci
- Journals of gerontology. Series B, Psychological sciences and social sciences v. 50B-, 1995-, HighWire
- Knowledge v. 1-15, 1979-94., HighWire
- Marriage & family review v. 24-, 1997-, TandFonline
- Medical anthropology v. 17, no. 3-, 1997-, TandFonline
- Medical anthropology quarterly v. 14-17 ; new ser. v. 1-, 1983-, JSTOR, Full text delayed 7 years+v. 1-, 1987- Wiley
- Methodology v. 1-, 2005-, APA PsycARTICLES
- Minority nurse newsletter v. 9, no. 4-11, 2002-04., Acad Search Prem
- New Yorker v. 77, no. 42-, Jan. 7 2002-, ProQuest Res Libr, No PDFs, HTML only
- NPPA journal v. 1-6, 1955-60., HighWire
- Organization studies v. 1-, 1980-, HighWire
- Personality & social psychology review v. 1-, 1997-, HighWirev. 1-10, 1997-2006. Acad Search Prem
- Population v. 1-50, 1946-95., ProQuest
- Population and environment v. 3-, 1980-, Springer
- Prison journal v. 78-, 1998-, HighWire
- Psychology and developing societies v. 1-, 1989-, HighWire
- Public administration review v. 60-, 2000-, Wiley
- Public opinion quarterly v. 1-, 1937-, JSTOR, Full text delayed 5 years+v. 60-, 1996- HighWire
- Qualitative research v. 1-, 2001-, HighWire
- Review of public data use v. 1-12, 1972-84., Acad Search Prem
- SAGE open v. 1-, 2011-, HighWire
- SciELO citation index 1990-, ThomsonSciELO (Scientific Electronic Library Online) is a database index of about 650 OA journals covering research in Latin America, Spain, Portugal, the Caribbean and South Africa. SciELO is a program of the Sao Paulo Research Foundation for the cooperative publishing of open access journals on the internet. Covers 1997 to present.The Scientific Electronic Library Online - SciELO is an electronic virtual library covering a selected collection of Brazilian scientific journals. The library is an integral part of a project being developed by FAPESP - Fundação de Amparo à Pesquisa do Estado de São Paulo, in partnership with BIREME - the Latin American and Caribbean Center on Health Sciences Information. The FAPESP-BIREME Project envisages the development of a common methodology for the preparation, storage, dissemination and evaluation of scientific literature in electronic format. As the project develops, new journal titles will be added in the library collection.The objective of the site is to implement an electronic virtual library, providing full access to a collection of serial titles, a collection of issues from individual serial titles, as well as to the full text of articles. The access to both serial titles and articles is available via indexes and search forms. SciELO interface provides access to its serials collection via an alphabetic list of titles or a subject index or a search by word of serial titles, publisher names, city of publication and subject. The interface also provides access to the full text of articles via author index or subject index or a search form on article elements such as author names, words from title, subject and words from the full text.
- Science communication v. 16-, 1994-, HighWire
- Simulation & gaming v. 21-, 1990-, HighWire
- Small group research v. 21-, 1990-, HighWire
- Social forces v. 4-, 1925-, JSTOR, Full text delayed 3 years+
- Social indicators research v. 1-, 1974-, Springerv. 1-52, 1974-2000. ProQuest
- Social justice research v. 1-, 1987-, Springerv. 11-, 1998- Full text delayed 12 months Acad Search Prem
Shortcut to Licensed Content
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Links” (IE7) or “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
What is it?
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) gives you access to resources licensed by the library even when you're not coming from a Lane or a Stanford IP address.
While we'd like Lane to be your gateway to our licensed content, we recognize that links to books, articles and journals come from a variety of different sources (Google, your email, RSS reader, etc.).
When installed, it will look your browser bookmark.
At the page you would like to proxy, click the "Lane Gateway to Licensed Content" to invoke it.
If Lane licenses that content, you'll get access as if you were on campus.
How does it work?
This allows you to view the URL as though you were on campus, giving you access to materials licensed for use by the Stanford academic community.
If you're not authenticated, you'll be prompted for your SUNetID and password.
Don't see the Toolbar, Bookmarks, or Links or Favorites bar?
From the "View" menu, select "Toolbars" & choose "Bookmarks Toolbar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Show Bookmarks Bar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Always Show Bookmarks Bar"
- Right-click in a clear area near the browser address bar
- In the menu, check a box next "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites" (IE8, IE9)
- Managing IE Favorites
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) only works with resources Lane has licensed and configured to work with our proxy server.
If invoked on a resource we do not license and/or have not yet configured, you will see an error message:
The Lane proxy server cannot complete your request because this host has not been configured properly.
We make no attempt to configure our proxy server for every resource, only those we license and for which a Stanford IP address grants access.
Drag this button onto your browser toolbar to install.
- Right click this button
- Select "Add to Favorites", click "Continue" if you see a security alert
- In "Create in" menu, select "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites Bar" (IE8, IE9) to install
Drag this button onto Safari Bookmarks bar to install.