Journals by Subject
- Acta sociologica .......................
- — Small group research ...................
- Social forces ..........................
- — Youth & society ........................
- Social forces v. 4-, 1925-, JSTOR, Full text delayed 3 years+
- Social indicators research v. 1-, 1974-, Springerv. 1-52, 1974-2000. ProQuest
- Social justice research v. 1-, 1987-, Springerv. 11-, 1998- Full text delayed 12 months Acad Search Prem
- Social policy v. 20, no. 3-, winter 1990-, Acad Search Prem
- Social problems v. 1-, 1953-, JSTOR, Full text delayed 3 years+
- Social psychology v. 41, 1978., JSTOR
- Social psychology quarterly v. 42-, 1979-, JSTOR, Full text delayed 2 years+v. 67-, 2004- HighWire
- Social science & medicine (1982) v. 16-, 1982-, ScienceDirect
- Social science & medicine. Part A, Medical psychology & medical sociology v. 12-14, 1978-80., ScienceDirect
- Social science computer review v. 6-, 1988-, HighWire
- Social science research v. 24-, 1995-, ScienceDirect
- Social studies of science v. 5-, 1975-, HighWire
- Social theory and practice v. 16-, 1990-, Acad Search Prem
- Social work v. 20-, 1975-, Acad Search Prem
- Social work research v. 18-, 1994-, Acad Search Prem
- Social work research & abstracts v. 26-29, 1990-93., Acad Search Prem
- Society v. 9-, 1972-, Springerv. 29, no. 2-, 1992- Full text delayed 12 months Acad Search Prem
- Socio-economic planning sciences v. 1-, 1967-, ScienceDirect
- Sociological methods & research v. 1-, 1972-, HighWire
- Sociological quarterly v. 1-36, 1960-95., ProQuest
- Sociological review v. 45-, 1997-, Wiley
- Sociology v. 1-, 1967-, HighWire
- Sociology of work and occupations v. 1-8, 1974-81., HighWire
- Sociometry v. 1-40, 1937-77., JSTOR
- Studies in history and philosophy of biological and biomedical sciences v. 29-, 1998-, ScienceDirect
- Studies in history and philosophy of science. Part C, Studies in history and philosophy of biological and biomedical sciences v. 29-, 1998-, ScienceDirect
- Studies, the Hastings Center v. 1-2, 1973-74., JSTOR
- Time v. 135, no. 19-, May 7, 1990-, Acad Search Prem
- Torture v. 14-, 2004-, IRCT
- Urban life v. 4-15, 1975-87., HighWire
- Urban life and culture v. 1-3, 1972-75., HighWire
- Work and occupations v. 9-, 1982-, HighWire
- Youth & society v. 1-, 1969-, HighWire
Shortcut to Licensed Content
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Links” (IE7) or “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
Shortcut for iPhone
What is it?
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) gives you access to resources licensed by the library even when you're not coming from a Lane or a Stanford IP address.
While we'd like Lane to be your gateway to our licensed content, we recognize that links to books, articles and journals come from a variety of different sources (Google, your email, RSS reader, etc.).
When installed, it will look your browser bookmark.
At the page you would like to proxy, click the "Lane Gateway to Licensed Content" to invoke it.
If Lane licenses that content, you'll get access as if you were on campus.
How does it work?
This allows you to view the URL as though you were on campus, giving you access to materials licensed for use by the Stanford academic community.
If you're not authenticated, you'll be prompted for your SUNetID and password.
Don't see the Toolbar, Bookmarks, or Links or Favorites bar?
From the "View" menu, select "Toolbars" & choose "Bookmarks Toolbar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Show Bookmarks Bar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Always Show Bookmarks Bar"
- Right-click in a clear area near the browser address bar
- In the menu, check a box next "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites" (IE8, IE9)
- Managing IE Favorites
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) only works with resources Lane has licensed and configured to work with our proxy server.
If invoked on a resource we do not license and/or have not yet configured, you will see an error message:
The Lane proxy server cannot complete your request because this host has not been configured properly.
We make no attempt to configure our proxy server for every resource, only those we license and for which a Stanford IP address grants access.
Drag this button onto your browser toolbar to install.
- Right click this button
- Select "Add to Favorites", click "Continue" if you see a security alert
- In "Create in" menu, select "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites Bar" (IE8, IE9) to install
Drag this button onto Safari Bookmarks bar to install.