Journals by Subject
- Review of public data use v. 1-12, 1972-84.Acad Search Prem
- SAGE open v. 1-, 2011-HighWireSAGE Open publishes peer-reviewed, original research and review articles in an interactive, open access format. Accepted articles span the full extent of the social and behavioral sciences and the humanities.
- SAHARA J v. 1-, 2004-TandFonline
- SciELO citation index 1990-ThomsonSciELO (Scientific Electronic Library Online) is a database index of about 650 OA journals covering research in Latin America, Spain, Portugal, the Caribbean and South Africa. SciELO is a program of the Sao Paulo Research Foundation for the cooperative publishing of open access journals on the internet. Covers 1997 to present. The Scientific Electronic Library Online - SciELO is an electronic virtual library covering a selected collection of Brazilian scientific journals. The library is an integral part of a project being developed by FAPESP - Fundação de Amparo à Pesquisa do Estado de São Paulo, in partnership with BIREME - the Latin American and Caribbean Center on Health Sciences Information. The FAPESP-BIREME Project envisages the development of a common methodology for the preparation, storage, dissemination and evaluation of scientific literature in electronic format. As the project develops, new journal titles will be added in the library collection. The objective of the site is to implement an electronic virtual library, providing full access to a collection of serial titles, a collection of issues from individual serial titles, as well as to the full text of articles. The access to both serial titles and articles is available via indexes and search forms. SciELO interface provides access to its serials collection via an alphabetic list of titles or a subject index or a search by word of serial titles, publisher names, city of publication and subject. The interface also provides access to the full text of articles via author index or subject index or a search form on article elements such as author names, words from title, subject and words from the full text.
- Science communication v. 16-, 1994-HighWire
- Simulation & gaming v. 21-, 1990-HighWire
- Small group research v. 21-, 1990-HighWire
- Social forces v. 4-90, 1925-2011.JSTOR
- Social indicators research v. 1-, 1974-Springerv. 1-104, 1974-2011. JSTORv. 1-52, 1974-2000. ProQuest
- Social justice research v. 1-, 1987-Springerv. 11-, 1998- Acad Search Prem, Full text delayed 12 months
- Social policy v. 20, no. 3-, winter 1990-Acad Search Prem
- Social problems v. 1-, 1953-JSTOR, Full text delayed 3 years+
- Social psychology v. 41, 1978.JSTOR
- Social psychology quarterly v. 42-75, 1979-2012.JSTORv. 67-, 2004- HighWire
- Social science & medicine (1967) v. 1-11, 1967-77.ScienceDirect
- Social science & medicine (1982) v. 16-, 1982-ScienceDirect
- Social science & medicine. Part A, Medical psychology & medical sociology v. 12-14, 1978-80.ScienceDirect
- Social science & medicine. Part A, Medical sociology v. 15, 1981.ScienceDirect
- Social science computer review v. 6-, 1988-HighWire
- Social science research v. 24-, 1995-ScienceDirect
- Print Material
- Social studies of science v. 5-, 1975-HighWirev. 5-41, 1975-2011. JSTOR
- Social theory and practice v. 16-, 1990-Acad Search Prem
- Social work v. 20-, 1975-Acad Search Prem, Full text delayed 12 months
- Social work research v. 18-, 1994-Acad Search Prem, Full text delayed 12 months
- Society v. 9-, 1972-Springerv. 29, no. 2-, 1992- Acad Search Prem, Full text delayed 30 days
- Socio-economic planning sciences v. 1-, 1967-ScienceDirect
- Socioaffective neuroscience & psychology v. 1-, 2011-PubMed Central
- Sociological methods & research v. 1-, 1972-HighWire
- Sociological quarterly v. 45-, 1997-Wileyv. 1-36, 1960-95. ProQuest
- Sociological review v. 45-, 1997-Wiley
- Sociology v. 1-, 1967-HighWire
- Sociology of health & illness v. 1-, 1979-Wiley
- Sociology of work and occupations v. 1-8, 1974-81.HighWire
- Sociometry v. 1-40, 1937-77.JSTOR
- Studies in history and philosophy of biological and biomedical sciences v. 29-, 1998-ScienceDirect
- Studies in history and philosophy of science. Part C, Studies in history and philosophy of biological and biomedical sciences v. 29-, 1998-ScienceDirect
- Time v. 1-, 1923Acad Search Prem
- Torture v. 14-, 2004-IRCT
- Urban life v. 4-15, 1975-87.HighWire
- Urban life and culture v. 1-3, 1972-75.HighWire
- Print Material
- Work and occupations v. 9-, 1982-HighWire
- Youth & society v. 1-, 1969-HighWire
Access restricted to Stanford community
Shortcut to Licensed Content
TO INSTALL, DRAG THIS BUTTON to your browser Bookmarks or Tools Bar.
Bookmark on Other Websites
- TO INSTALL, RIGHT CLICK this button.
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
- Once installed it will look like this
- Click "Bookmark on Lane" to bookmark any webpage
- Your saved bookmark will appear on this page
TO INSTALL, RIGHT CLICK this button.
Can't find it?
Look if we have it in print:
UpToDate: A point-of-care clinical information resource containing succinct and aggressively updated clinical topic reviews.PubMed: provides fulltext access to Lane's resources. Includes the MEDLINE database, which contains coverage of over 5000 journals and more than 16 million citations for biomedical articles, including, but not limited to, clinical trials, systematic reviews, case reports, and clinical practice guidelines.Lane RSS feeds (Really Simple Syndication)Provides one-click access to important clinical resources; includes evidence-based diagnosis and treatment guidelines, Books, EBM articles, Ovid MEDLINE, Drug facts and comparisons, Drug interaction facts, guidelines from National Guideline Clearinghouse, patient handouts (English and Spanish), and local content.A medical search engine provides access to 9,000 medical and procedural videos, 1,000 books and over 500 journals from Elsevier Publishing.
A repository of medical knowledge from internal medicine, cardiology, genetics, pharmacy, diagnosis and management, basic sciences, patient care, and more. Continuously expanding, all databases in the repository contain the latest editions of selected medical titles.MicroMedex: Premier pharmaceutical information source containing multiple databases and drug reference tools. Of particular value is DRUGDEX Evaluations, one of the most comprehensive drug sources available.DynaMed is a clinical information resource used by physicians to answer clinical questions quickly and easily at the point of care. Topics are updated daily as new evidence becomes available. Scopus is the largest abstract and citation database of peer-reviewed literature: scientific journals, books and conference proceedings.A drug information resource containing: American Hospital Formulary System (AHFS), drug formulary for Lucile Packard Children's Hospital (LPCH) and Stanford Hospital & Clinics (SHC), Lexi-Drugs (adverse reactions, dosage and administration, mechanism of action, storage, use, and administration information), Lexi-Calc, Lexi-ID, Lexi-I.V. Compatibility (King Guide), Lexi-Interact, and Lexi-PALS.Cumulative Index to Nursing and Allied Health Literature (CINAHL) contains coverage of nursing and allied health literature.A knowledge database that provides access to topic reviews based on over 6000 clinically relevant articles. The evidence-based content, updated regularly, provides the latest practice guidelines in 59 medical specialtiesProvides critical assessments of systematic reviews compiled from a variety of medical journals.Selects from the biomedical literature original studies and systematic reviews that are immediately clinically relevant and then summarizes these articles in an enhanced abstract with expert commentary.Multidisciplinary coverage of over 10,000 high-impact journals in the sciences, social sciences, and arts and humanities, as well as international proceedings coverage for over 120,000 conferences. Includes cited reference searching, citation maps, and an analyze tool.Features systematic reviews that summarize the effects of interventions and makes a determination whether the intervention is efficacious or not. Cochrane reviews are created through a strict process of compiling and analyzing data from multiple randomized control trials to ensure comprehensiveness and reliability.Provides systematic coverage of the psychological literature from the 1800s to the present through articles, book chapters and dissertations.BMJ Clinical Evidence. A clinical information tool built around systematic reviews summarizing the current state of knowledge about prevention and treatment of clinical conditions.PIER (Physicians' Information and Education Resource) is a Web-based decision-support tool designed for rapid point-of-care delivery of up-to-date, evidence-based guidance for primary care physicians.Cochrane Central Register of Controlled Trials (CENTRAL) provides access to 300,000 controlled trials that have been identified the Cochrane Collaboration.Provides drug information targeted for patients.A continually updating drug monograph.The National Guideline Clearinghouse (NGC): A comprehensive database of evidence-based clinical practice guidelines and related documents.MedlinePlus: A repository of health information from the National Library of Medicine. Links are from trusted sites. No advertising, no endorsement of commercial companies or productsLPCH CareNotes via MicroMedex: Patient education handouts customized by LPCH clinical staffMicromedex Lab Advisor: Evidence based laboratory test informationA drug database organized by generic name, trade name and drug class.LPCH / Stanford Hospital Formulary.A goldmine of trusted consumer health information from the world's largest medical library.A trusted source of expert advice for and about kids, providing the information necessary to help patients and parents understand their unique needs.Provides patient handouts from the American Academy of Family Physician.Access to the Stanford Health Library for patients.Lane provides access to over 5,000 eBooks many of which provide helpful background material that will prepare you to better tackle primary literature.Largest, broadest eBook package; covers all sciences, as well as technology (including software), medicine, and humanities. In addition to covering Wiley and Springer, MyiLibrary is also the only provider for Oxford and Cambridge University Press titles. No seat restrictions.A collection of biomedical books that can be searched directly by concept, and linked to terms in PubMed abstracts.