Journals by Subject
ScienceAccess restricted to Stanford unless otherwise noted
- Abstracts of the papers communicated to the Royal Society v. 5-6, 1843/50-1850/54., HighWirev. 5-6, 1843/50-1850/54. JSTOR
- Abstracts of the papers printed in the Philosophical transactions of the Royal Society of London v. 1-4, 1800/14-1837/43., HighWirev. 1-4, 1800-1837/43. JSTOR
- Acoustical science and technology v. 22-, 2001-, J-STAGE
- Ambio special report no. 1-6, 1972-79., JSTOR
- American naturalist v. 1-, 1867-, JSTOR, Full text delayed 5 years+
- American scientist v. 30-, 1942-, JSTOR, Full text delayed 5+ yearsv. 90, no. 6-, Nov./Dec. 2002- (Full text of selected articles only) Acad Search Prem
- Anais da Academia Brasileira de Ciências v. 72-, 2000-, SciELO
- Annals of science v. 1-67, 1936-2010., TandFonlinev. 32-, 1975- Full text delayed 18 months Acad Search Prem
- Annals of the Lyceum of Natural History of New-York v. 1-11, 1824-76., Wiley
- Annals of the New York Academy of Sciences v. 1-, 1879-, WileyRecords of meetings 1808-1916 in v. 11-27.
- Annals of translational medicine v. 1-, 2013-, PubMed Centralv. 1-, 2013- AME Publ
- Annual review of nuclear science v. 1-27, 1952-77., Ann Rev
- Berichte zur Wissenschaftsgeschichte v. 1-, 1978-, Wiley
- British journal for the history of science v. 1-, 1962-, JSTOR, Full text delayed 5 years+v. 30-, 1997- Cambridge
- Bulletin of the British Society for the History of Science v. 1-2, 1949-61., JSTOR
- CBE life sciences education v. 5-, 2006-, HighWirev. 5-, 2006- PMC
- Chaos v. 1-, 1991-, Am Inst Physv. 1-, 1991- Full text delayed 12 months Acad Search Prem
- Chinese science bulletin v. 42-, 1997-, Springer
- Clinical science (1979) v. 95-, 1998-, Portland Press
- Complexity v. 2-, 1996-, Wiley
- Comptes rendus hebdomadaires des séances de l'Académie des sciences v. 1-261, 1836-1965., Gallica
- Cryogenics v. 1-, 1960-, ScienceDirect
- Current science (Bangalore) v. 1-, 1932-, Indian Acad Sci
- Current science (Middletown) v. 82, no. 9-, 1997-, Acad Search Prem
- Daedalus v. 86-, 1955-, JSTOR, Full text delayed 5+ years
- Data handling in science and technology v. 1-, 1984-, ScienceDirect
- Early science and medicine v. 1-, 1996-, IngentaConnectv. 4-, 1999- Full text delayed 12 months Acad Search Prem
- EMBO reports v. 1-, 2000-, Wileyv. 1-, 2000- HighWire
- Endeavour v. 19-, 1995-, ScienceDirect
- Experientia v. 1-52, 1945-96., Springer
- EXS v. 94-, 2005-, Springer
- Franklin journal and American mechanics' magazine v. 1-4, 1826-27., ScienceDirect
- História, ciências, saúde--Manguinhos v. 1-, 1994-, SciELO
- History of science v. 41-, 2003-, Acad Search Premv. 45, 2007. IngentaConnect
- Interface focus v. 1-, 2011-, HighWire
- International journal of bifurcation and chaos in applied sciences and engineering v. 9-, 1999-, Acad Search Prem, Full text delayed 12 months
- Issues in science and technology v. 7-, 1990-, Acad Search Prem
- JoMI 2014-, JoMI
- Journal of electron spectroscopy and related phenomena v. 1-, 1972-, ScienceDirect
- Journal of engineering education v. 82-, 1993-, ASEE
- Journal of luminescence v. 1-, 1970-, ScienceDirect
- Journal of medical insight 2014-, JoMI
- Journal of scientific exploration v. 1-22, 1987-2008., Sci Explor
- Journal of scientific instruments v. 1-44 ; Ser. 2, v. 1-2, 1923-69., Inst Phys
- Journal of the Franklin Institute v. 5-, 1828-, ScienceDirect
- Journal of the Optical Society of America, and review of scientific instruments v. 6-19, 1922-29., OpticsInfoBase
- Journal of the Royal Society, Interface v. 1-, 2004-, HighWire
- Journal of translational medicine v. 1-, 2003-, BioMed Centralv. 1-, 2003- PMC
- Journal of visualized experiments. Applied physics no. 65- , 2012-, JoVE"JoVE: Applied Physics (established in July 2012) focuses on the experimental disciplines within physics, as well as mechanical and electrical engineering. Interdisciplinary fields such as materials science and chemical physics are welcomed. Instrumentation is encouraged from all fields especially optics, photonics, and astronomy."
- JoVE science education is a video collection dedicated to teaching laboratory fundamentals through simple, easy to understand video demonstrations.
- Journal of Zhejiang University. Science v. 1-5, 2000-04., J Zhejiang Univ Sci
- JoVE applied physics no. 65- , 2012-, JoVE"JoVE: Applied Physics (established in July 2012) focuses on the experimental disciplines within physics, as well as mechanical and electrical engineering. Interdisciplinary fields such as materials science and chemical physics are welcomed. Instrumentation is encouraged from all fields especially optics, photonics, and astronomy."
- JoVE science education 2013-, JoVEJoVE science education is a video collection dedicated to teaching laboratory fundamentals through simple, easy to understand video demonstrations.
- Nature v. 1-, 1869-, Naturev. 387, no. 6633-, 1997- Full text delayed 12 months Acad Search Prem
- Naturwissenschaften v. 1-, 1913-, Springer
- New scientist (1971) v. 173, no. 2324-, 2002-, Acad Search Prem, Full text delayed 1 monthv. 191, no. 2564-, 12 Aug, 2006- ScienceDirect
- Newsletter of the Program on Public Conceptions of Science v. 1-16, 1972-76., JSTOR
- Newsletter on science, technology & human values v. 17-24, 1976-78., JSTOR
- Notes and records of the Royal Society of London v. 1-, 1938-, HighWire
- Osiris v. 1-15; 2nd ser.: v. 1-20, 1936-68; 2nd ser.: 1985-2005., JSTOR
- Philosophical transactions of the Royal Society of London v. 1-177, 1665-1886., JSTORv. 13-65, 1683-1775 JSTORv. 1-12, 1665-78 JSTORv. 1-177, 1666-1886. HighWire
- Philosophical transactions of the Royal Society of London. Series A, Mathematical and physical sciences v. 178-331, 1887-1990., HighWirev. 234-331, 1934-90 JSTORv. 187-233, 1896-1934 JSTORv. 178-186, 1887-95 JSTOR
- Philosophical transactions. Physical sciences and engineering v. 332-353, 1990-95., HighWirev. 332-353, 1990-95. JSTOR
- PLoS one v. 1-, 2006-, Public Libr Sciv. 1-, 2006- PMC
- Poiesis & praxis v. 1-, 2001-, Springer
- Prevention science v. 1-, 2000-, Springer
- Proceedings of the Japan Academy. Series B, Physical and biological sciences v. 53-, 1977-, J-STAGE
- Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America v. 1-, 1915-, HighWire
- Proceedings of the Royal Society B. Biological Sciences v. 241-, 1990-, HighWire
- Proceedings of the Royal Society of London v. 7-75, 1854-1905., JSTORv. 7-75, 1854-1904. HighWire
- Proceedings of the Royal Society of London Series A Mathematical and physical sciences v. 76-, 1905-, HighWire
- Proceedings of the Royal Society of London. Series B, Containing papers of a biological character v. 76-240, 1905-90., HighWirev. 116-240, 1934-90 JSTOR76-115, 1905-34 JSTOR
- Proceedings. Biological sciences v. 241-, 1990-, HighWire
- Psychoanalysis and contemporary science v. 1-5, 1972-76., PEP Archive
- Public understanding of science v. 1-, 1992-, HighWire
- Rendiconti Lincei. Scienze fisiche e naturali v. 1-, 1990-, Springer
- São Paulo medical journal v. 112-, 1994-, SciELO
- SBQ, Stanford Bioscience quarterly v. 1, 2004.Print Material
- SciELO citation index 1990-, ThomsonSciELO (Scientific Electronic Library Online) is a database index of about 650 OA journals covering research in Latin America, Spain, Portugal, the Caribbean and South Africa. SciELO is a program of the Sao Paulo Research Foundation for the cooperative publishing of open access journals on the internet. Covers 1997 to present.The Scientific Electronic Library Online - SciELO is an electronic virtual library covering a selected collection of Brazilian scientific journals. The library is an integral part of a project being developed by FAPESP - Fundação de Amparo à Pesquisa do Estado de São Paulo, in partnership with BIREME - the Latin American and Caribbean Center on Health Sciences Information. The FAPESP-BIREME Project envisages the development of a common methodology for the preparation, storage, dissemination and evaluation of scientific literature in electronic format. As the project develops, new journal titles will be added in the library collection.The objective of the site is to implement an electronic virtual library, providing full access to a collection of serial titles, a collection of issues from individual serial titles, as well as to the full text of articles. The access to both serial titles and articles is available via indexes and search forms. SciELO interface provides access to its serials collection via an alphabetic list of titles or a subject index or a search by word of serial titles, publisher names, city of publication and subject. The interface also provides access to the full text of articles via author index or subject index or a search form on article elements such as author names, words from title, subject and words from the full text.
- Science v. 1-, 1880-, HighWireSince Jan. 1901 the official proceedings and most of the papers of the American Association for the Advancement of Science have been included in Science.Vols. for 1911-13 contain the Proceedings of the Helminothological Society of Washington, 1st-15th meeting.
- Science advances HighWire, DUE FEB-2015. NOW ACCEPTING MANUSCRIPTS.
- Science communication v. 16-, 1994-, HighWire
- Science news v. 89-, 1966-, JSTOR, Full text delayed 1 year+v. 107-, 1975- Acad Search Premv. 151-, 1997- Wiley
- Science news letter v. 4-89, 1924-66., JSTOR
- Science signaling v. 1-, 2008-, HighWire
- Science studies v. 1-4, 1971-74., HighWirev. 1-4, 1971-74. JSTOR
- Science translational medicine v. 1-, 2009-, HighWire
- Science's STKE signal transduction knowledge environment. v. 1-417, 1999-2007., HighWire
- Science, technology & human values v. 14-, 1978-, HighWire
- ScienceNow 7 Oct. 1996-, HighWireScienceNow Acad Search Prem"ScienceNow is an online news service of Science magazine."
- Sciences v. 15-41, 1975-2001., Acad Search Prem
- Scientific American v. 179, 1948-, Naturev. 1-49, 1845-1908. Am Period Serv. 292-, 2005- HTML only EBSCO Hostv. 292-, 2005- HTML only Acad Search Prem
- Scientific monthly v. 1-85, 1915-57., JSTOR
- Scientific reports v. 1-, 2011-, Naturev. 1-, 2011- PMCOpen access journal from the publishers of Nature.
- Scientist v. 1-25?, 1986-Oct. 2011., F1000
- Sigma Xi quarterly v. 1-30, 1913-42., JSTOR
- Social studies of science v. 5-, 1975-, HighWire
- SpringerPlus v. 1-, 2012-, Springerv. 1-, 2012- PubMed Central
Shortcut to Licensed Content
Bookmark on other websites
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Links” (IE7) or “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
- Once installed it will look like this
- Click "Bookmark on Lane" to bookmark any webpage
- Your saved bookmark will appear on this page
What is it?
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) gives you access to resources licensed by the library even when you're not coming from a Lane or a Stanford IP address.
While we'd like Lane to be your gateway to our licensed content, we recognize that links to books, articles and journals come from a variety of different sources (Google, your email, RSS reader, etc.).
When installed, it will look your browser bookmark.
At the page you would like to proxy, click the "Lane Gateway to Licensed Content" to invoke it.
If Lane licenses that content, you'll get access as if you were on campus.
How does it work?
This allows you to view the URL as though you were on campus, giving you access to materials licensed for use by the Stanford academic community.
If you're not authenticated, you'll be prompted for your SUNetID and password.
Don't see the Toolbar, Bookmarks, or Links or Favorites bar?
From the "View" menu, select "Toolbars" & choose "Bookmarks Toolbar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Show Bookmarks Bar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Always Show Bookmarks Bar"
- Right-click in a clear area near the browser address bar
- In the menu, check a box next "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites Bar" (IE8, IE9)
- Managing IE Favorites
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) only works with resources Lane has licensed and configured to work with our proxy server.
If invoked on a resource we do not license and/or have not yet configured, you will see an error message:
The Lane proxy server cannot complete your request because this host has not been configured properly.
We make no attempt to configure our proxy server for every resource, only those we license and for which a Stanford IP address grants access.
Drag this button onto your browser toolbar to install.
- Right click this button
- Select "Add to Favorites", click "Continue" if you see a security alert
- In "Create in" menu, select "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites Bar" (IE8, IE9) to install
Drag this button onto Safari Bookmarks bar to install.