Journals by Subject
History of MedicineAccess restricted to Stanford unless otherwise noted
- Aesculapian (Brooklyn, New York, N.Y.) v. 1, 1908/09., PMC
- Ambix v. 1-, 1937-, Maneyv. 51-, 2004- Full text delayed 12 months Acad Search Prem
- Annals of science v. 1-67, 1936-2010., TandFonlinev. 32-, 1975- Full text delayed 18 months Acad Search Prem
- Asclepio v. 47-, 1995-, CSIC
- Berichte zur Wissenschaftsgeschichte v. 1-, 1978-, Wiley
- British journal for the history of science v. 1-, 1962-, JSTOR, Full text delayed 5 years+v. 30-, 1997- Cambridge
- British journal for the philosophy of science v. 47-, 1996-, HighWirev. 1-49, 1950-98. JSTOR
- Bulletin of the history of medicine v. 70-, 1996-, Project Muse
- Canadian review of sociology and anthropology v. 33-44, 1997-2007., Wiley
- Centaurus v. 39-, 1997-, Wileyv. 10, no. 3/4, Oct. 2002- Full text delayed 12 months Acad Search Prem
- Chymia v. 1-12, 1948-67., JSTOR
- Clio medica (Amsterdam, Netherlands) v. 50-, 1998-, IngentaConnect
- Early science and medicine v. 1-, 1996-, IngentaConnectv. 4-, 1999- Full text delayed 12 months Acad Search Prem
- Health and history v. 1-, 1998-, JSTOR, Full text delayed 1+ years
- Histoire de la Société royale de médecine v. 1-10, 1776-89., BIUM
- História, ciências, saúde--Manguinhos v. 1-, 1994-, SciELO
- Historical biology v. 15-, 2001-, Acad Search Prem, Full text delayed 12 months
- History of psychiatry v. 1-, 1990-, HighWire
- History of psychology v. 1-, 1998-, APA PsycARTICLES
- History of science v. 41-, 2003-, Acad Search Premv. 45, 2007. IngentaConnect
- History workshop v. 1-38, 1976-94., J-STOR
- History workshop journal no. 41-, 1996-, HighWireno. 57-, 2004- Project Museno. 39-56, 1995-2003. JSTOR
- Isis v. 1-, 1913-, JSTOR, Full text delayed 5 years+v. 93-, 2002- Univ Chic
- Journal of African American history v. 87-, 2002-, Acad Search Prem
- Journal of family history v. 1-, 1976-, HighWirev. 0-20, 1972-95. ProQuest
- Journal of medical ethics and history of medicine v. 1-, 2008-, PubMed Centralv. 1-, 2008- TUMS
- Journal of Negro history v. 1-86, 1916-2001., JSTOR
- Journal of the history of biology v. 1-, 1968-, Springer
- Journal of the history of medicine and allied sciences v. 1-, 1946-, HighWirev. 55-, 2000- Project Muse
- Journal of the history of the behavioral sciences v. 1-, 1965-, Wiley
- Journal of the history of the neurosciences v. 6-, 1997-, Acad Search Prem, Full text delayed 12 months
- Journal of the Royal College of Physicians of Edinburgh v. 32-, 2002-, R Coll Physicians Edinb
- Medical history v. 1-, 1957-, PMC
- Medical history. Supplement v. 1-, 1981-, PMC
- Medical library and historical journal v. 1-5, 1903-07., PMC
- Notes and records of the Royal Society of London v. 1-, 1938-, HighWire
- NTM v. 1-, 1993-, Springer
- Osiris v. 1-15; 2nd ser.: v. 1-20, 1936-68; 2nd ser.: 1985-2005., JSTOR
- Proceedings of the Royal College of Physicians of Edinburgh v. 31, 2001., R Coll Physicians Edinb
- Psychoanalysis and history v. 1-, 1998-, PEP Archive, Full text delayed 3+ years
- Public understanding of science v. 1-, 1992-, HighWire
- Records of the Columbia Historical Society, Washington, D.C. v. 1-52, 1897-1989., JSTOR
- Social history of medicine v. 1-, 1988-, HighWire
- Social science research v. 24-, 1995-, ScienceDirect
- Social studies of science v. 5-, 1975-, HighWire
- Studies in history and philosophy of biological and biomedical sciences v. 29-, 1998-, ScienceDirect
- Studies in history and philosophy of modern physics v. 27-, 1996-, ScienceDirect
- Studies in history and philosophy of science v. 26-, 1995-, ScienceDirect
- Studies in history and philosophy of science. Part B, Studies in history and philosophy of modern physics v. 27-, 1996-, ScienceDirect
- Studies in history and philosophy of science. Part C, Studies in history and philosophy of biological and biomedical sciences v. 29-, 1998-, ScienceDirect
- Studies in history and philosophy of science. Studies in history and philosophy of modern physics v. 26, 1995., ScienceDirect
- Technology and culture v. 1-, 1959-, JSTOR, Full text delayed 5+ yearsv. 39, no. 3-, July 1998- Project Muse
- Vesalius v. 1-11, 1995-2005., BIUM
- Washington history v. 1-, 1989-, JSTOR, Full text delayed 3+ years
- Wellcome Witnesses to contemporary medicine v. 46-, 2013-, Univ Lond
- Wellcome Witnesses to twentieth century medicine v. 1-45, 1997-2013., Univ Lond
Shortcut to Licensed Content
Bookmark on other websites
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Links” (IE7) or “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
- Once installed it will look like this
- Click "Bookmark on Lane" to bookmark any webpage
- Your saved bookmark will appear on this page
What is it?
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) gives you access to resources licensed by the library even when you're not coming from a Lane or a Stanford IP address.
While we'd like Lane to be your gateway to our licensed content, we recognize that links to books, articles and journals come from a variety of different sources (Google, your email, RSS reader, etc.).
When installed, it will look your browser bookmark.
At the page you would like to proxy, click the "Lane Gateway to Licensed Content" to invoke it.
If Lane licenses that content, you'll get access as if you were on campus.
How does it work?
This allows you to view the URL as though you were on campus, giving you access to materials licensed for use by the Stanford academic community.
If you're not authenticated, you'll be prompted for your SUNetID and password.
Don't see the Toolbar, Bookmarks, or Links or Favorites bar?
From the "View" menu, select "Toolbars" & choose "Bookmarks Toolbar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Show Bookmarks Bar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Always Show Bookmarks Bar"
- Right-click in a clear area near the browser address bar
- In the menu, check a box next "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites Bar" (IE8, IE9)
- Managing IE Favorites
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) only works with resources Lane has licensed and configured to work with our proxy server.
If invoked on a resource we do not license and/or have not yet configured, you will see an error message:
The Lane proxy server cannot complete your request because this host has not been configured properly.
We make no attempt to configure our proxy server for every resource, only those we license and for which a Stanford IP address grants access.
Drag this button onto your browser toolbar to install.
- Right click this button
- Select "Add to Favorites", click "Continue" if you see a security alert
- In "Create in" menu, select "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites Bar" (IE8, IE9) to install
Drag this button onto Safari Bookmarks bar to install.