Journals by Subject
Health Services Research
- Action research v. 1-, 2003-HighWire
- Alter v. 1-, 2007-ScienceDirect
- American journal of public health (1971) v. 61-, 1971-Atyponv. 61-, 1971- PubMed Central, Full text delayed 24 monthsv. 65-, 1975- Bus Source Complete
- Biomedical instrumentation & technology v. 36-, 2002-Atypon
- BMC health services research v. 1-, 2001-PubMed Centralv. 1-, 2001- BioMed Central
- BMC medical research methodology v. 1-, 2001-PubMed Centralv. 1-, 2001- BioMed Central
- BMJ quality & safety v. 20-, 2011-HighWire
- BMJ quality improvement reports v. 1-, 2012-HighWire"BMJ Quality Improvement Reports aims to publish a high volume of quality improvement reports to help healthcare professionals document and share innovations and excellence in care. It is an online-only, open access general healthcare journal. Publishing procedures are built around a light-touch peer review process and continuous publication. Reports are published online as soon as the article is ready. BMJ Quality Improvement Reports is not an edition or supplement of the BMJ."
- ClinicoEconomics and outcomes research v. 1-, 2009-PubMed Centralv. 1-, 2009- Dove Press
- A collection of regularly updated, systematic reviews of the effects of health care. New reviews are added with each issue of The Cochrane Library. Reviews mainly of randomised controlled trials. Evidence is included or excluded on the basis of explicit quality criteria to minimise bias. Data are often combined statistically, with meta-analysis, to increase the power of the findings of numerous studies each too small to produce reliable results individually.
- Effective health care bulletins v. 1-8, 1992/95-2003/04.
- European journal of disability research v. 1-, 2007-ScienceDirect
- Evaluation review v. 4-, 1980-HighWire
- Evidence report/technology assessment v. 1-, 1999-AHRQ
- Evidence-report technology assessment v. 1-, 1999-AHRQ
- Hastings Center Report v. 1-42, 1971-2012.JSTORv. 20, no. 4-, July/Aug. 1990- Acad Search Prem, Full text delayed 12 monthsv. 26-43, 1996-2013. Wileyv. 35-41, 2005-11. Project Muse
- Health affairs (Project Hope) v. 1-, 1981-HighWirev. 13, 1994- Proquest, Full text delayed 12 months
- Health care management review v. 1-, 1976-Ovid
- Health care policy v. 1-, 2005-PubMed Central, Full text delayed 12 months
- Health economics v. 1-, 1992-Wiley
- Health expectations v. 1-, 1998-Wileyv. 1-, 1998- Acad Search Prem, Full text delayed 12 months
- Health outcomes research in medicine v. 1-, 2010-ScienceDirectv. 1-, 2010- ClinicalKey
- Health policy and planning v. 1-, 1986-HighWire, Full text delayed 12 months
- Health research policy and systems v. 1-, 2003-PubMed Centralv. 1-, 2003- BioMed Central
- Health services insights v. 6-, 2013-PubMed Central
- Health services research v. 1-, 1966-PubMed Central, Full text delayed 2 yearsv. 37-, 2002- Wileyv. 37-45, 2002-10. IngentaConnect
- Health technology assessment . 1-, 1997-NIHR
- Healthcare policy v. 1-, 2005-PubMed Central, Full text delayed 12 months
- Hospitals & health networks v. 69-, 1995-Acad Search Prem
- Implementation science v. 1-, 2006-PubMed Centralv. 1-, 2006- BioMed CentralAims to publish research relevant to the scientific study of methods to promote the uptake of research findings into routine healthcare in both clinical and policy contexts.
- Inquiry v. 34, no. 3-, Fall 1997-ABI/INFORM Globalv. 38-, 2001- HighWire
- International journal of health services v. 29-, 1999-HighWire
- International journal of hospital research v. 1-, 2012-Tehran Univ Med Sci
- International journal of technology assessment in health care v. 13-, 1997-Cambridge
- Israel journal of health policy research v. 1-, 2012-PubMed Centralv. 1-, 2012- BioMed Central
- Joint Commission journal on quality improvement v. 26-28, 2000-02.IngentaConnect
- Journal for healthcare quality v. 14-, 1992-Ovid
- Journal of behavioral health services & research v. 25-, 1998-Springerv. 25-, 1998- Acad Search Prem, Full text delayed 12 months
- Journal of clinical outcomes management v. 6-, 1999-Turner White Commun, (Full text of selected articles only)
- Journal of evaluation in clinical practice v. 1-, 1995-Wileyv. 4-, 1998- Acad Search Prem, Full text delayed 12 months
- Print Material
- Journal of health management v. 1-, 1999-HighWire
- Journal of health politics, policy and law v. 1-, 1976-HighWirev. 22-, 1997- Acad Search Prem, Full text delayed 12 monthsv. 22-, 1997- Bus Source Complete, Full text delayed 12 monthsv. 24, no. 4-29, 1999-2004. Project Muse
- Journal of law, medicine & ethics v. 25-, 1997-Wiley
- Journal of medical engineering & technology v. 1-, 1977-Tand Fonlinev. 22, no. 4-, July/Sept. 1998- Acad Search Prem, Full text delayed 18 months
- Journal of quality in clinical practice v. 18-21, 1998-2001.Acad Search Prem
- Medical care v. 1-, 1963-Ovidv. 1-47, 1963-2009. JSTOR
- Medical care research and review v. 52-, 1995-HighWire
- Medical decision making v. 1-, 1981-HighWire
- Medicare & Medicaid research review v. 1-4, 2011-14.PubMed Centralv. 1-4, 2011-14. Bus Source Complete
- Mental health services research v. 1-7, 1999-2005.Springer
- NIH consensus statement 1992-2001.
- Operations research for health care v. 1-, 2012-ScienceDirect
- Population health metrics v. 1-, 2003-PubMed Centralv. 1-, 2003- BioMed Central
- Qualitative health research v. 1-, 1991-HighWire
- Quality and safety in health care v. 11-19, 2002-10.HighWirev. 11-16, 2002-07. PubMed Central
- Quality assurance and utilization review v. 1-7, 1986-92.HighWire
- Quality assurance in health care v. 1-5, 1989-93.HighWire
- Quality in health care v. 1-10, 1992-2001.HighWirev. 1-10, 1992-2001. PubMed Central
- Quality management in health care v. 1-, 1992-Ovid
- Social security bulletin v. 53-, 1990-Acad Search Premv. 62-, 1999- USAGov
- Print Material
- Tanzania health research bulletin v. 8, no. 2-9, 2006-07.Bioline Int
- Tanzania journal of health research v. 10-, 2008-Bioline Int
- Value in health v. 1-, 1998-ScienceDirectv. 1-13, 1998-2010. Wileyv. 2-12, 1999-2010. Acad Search Premv. 10-, 2007- ClinicalKey
- Value in health regional issues v. 1-, 2012-ScienceDirect
- Vital and health statistics. Series 14 no. 1-, 1968-NCHS
- Vital and health statistics. Series 21, Data from the National Vital Statistics System v. 1-, 1964-NCHS
- Vital and health statistics. Series 23, Data from the National Survey of Family Growth v. 1-, 1977-NCHS
- Vital and health statistics. Series 5, Comparative international vital and health statistics reports v. 1-, 1984-NCHS
Access restricted to Stanford community
Shortcut to Licensed Content
TO INSTALL, DRAG THIS BUTTON to your browser Bookmarks or Tools Bar.
Bookmark on Other Websites
- TO INSTALL, RIGHT CLICK this button.
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
- Once installed it will look like this
- Click "Bookmark on Lane" to bookmark any webpage
- Your saved bookmark will appear on this page
TO INSTALL, RIGHT CLICK this button.
Can't find it?
Look if we have it in print:
UpToDate: A point-of-care clinical information resource containing succinct and aggressively updated clinical topic reviews.PubMed: provides fulltext access to Lane's resources. Includes the MEDLINE database, which contains coverage of over 5000 journals and more than 16 million citations for biomedical articles, including, but not limited to, clinical trials, systematic reviews, case reports, and clinical practice guidelines.Lane RSS feeds (Really Simple Syndication)Provides one-click access to important clinical resources; includes evidence-based diagnosis and treatment guidelines, Books, EBM articles, Ovid MEDLINE, Drug facts and comparisons, Drug interaction facts, guidelines from National Guideline Clearinghouse, patient handouts (English and Spanish), and local content.A medical search engine provides access to 9,000 medical and procedural videos, 1,000 books and over 500 journals from Elsevier Publishing.
A repository of medical knowledge from internal medicine, cardiology, genetics, pharmacy, diagnosis and management, basic sciences, patient care, and more. Continuously expanding, all databases in the repository contain the latest editions of selected medical titles.MicroMedex: Premier pharmaceutical information source containing multiple databases and drug reference tools. Of particular value is DRUGDEX Evaluations, one of the most comprehensive drug sources available.DynaMed is a clinical information resource used by physicians to answer clinical questions quickly and easily at the point of care. Topics are updated daily as new evidence becomes available. Scopus is the largest abstract and citation database of peer-reviewed literature: scientific journals, books and conference proceedings.A drug information resource containing: American Hospital Formulary System (AHFS), drug formulary for Lucile Packard Children's Hospital (LPCH) and Stanford Hospital & Clinics (SHC), Lexi-Drugs (adverse reactions, dosage and administration, mechanism of action, storage, use, and administration information), Lexi-Calc, Lexi-ID, Lexi-I.V. Compatibility (King Guide), Lexi-Interact, and Lexi-PALS.Cumulative Index to Nursing and Allied Health Literature (CINAHL) contains coverage of nursing and allied health literature.A knowledge database that provides access to topic reviews based on over 6000 clinically relevant articles. The evidence-based content, updated regularly, provides the latest practice guidelines in 59 medical specialtiesProvides critical assessments of systematic reviews compiled from a variety of medical journals.Selects from the biomedical literature original studies and systematic reviews that are immediately clinically relevant and then summarizes these articles in an enhanced abstract with expert commentary.Multidisciplinary coverage of over 10,000 high-impact journals in the sciences, social sciences, and arts and humanities, as well as international proceedings coverage for over 120,000 conferences. Includes cited reference searching, citation maps, and an analyze tool.Features systematic reviews that summarize the effects of interventions and makes a determination whether the intervention is efficacious or not. Cochrane reviews are created through a strict process of compiling and analyzing data from multiple randomized control trials to ensure comprehensiveness and reliability.Provides systematic coverage of the psychological literature from the 1800s to the present through articles, book chapters and dissertations.BMJ Clinical Evidence. A clinical information tool built around systematic reviews summarizing the current state of knowledge about prevention and treatment of clinical conditions.PIER (Physicians' Information and Education Resource) is a Web-based decision-support tool designed for rapid point-of-care delivery of up-to-date, evidence-based guidance for primary care physicians.Cochrane Central Register of Controlled Trials (CENTRAL) provides access to 300,000 controlled trials that have been identified the Cochrane Collaboration.Provides drug information targeted for patients.A continually updating drug monograph.The National Guideline Clearinghouse (NGC): A comprehensive database of evidence-based clinical practice guidelines and related documents.MedlinePlus: A repository of health information from the National Library of Medicine. Links are from trusted sites. No advertising, no endorsement of commercial companies or productsLPCH CareNotes via MicroMedex: Patient education handouts customized by LPCH clinical staffMicromedex Lab Advisor: Evidence based laboratory test informationA drug database organized by generic name, trade name and drug class.LPCH / Stanford Hospital Formulary.A goldmine of trusted consumer health information from the world's largest medical library.A trusted source of expert advice for and about kids, providing the information necessary to help patients and parents understand their unique needs.Provides patient handouts from the American Academy of Family Physician.Access to the Stanford Health Library for patients.Lane provides access to over 5,000 eBooks many of which provide helpful background material that will prepare you to better tackle primary literature.Largest, broadest eBook package; covers all sciences, as well as technology (including software), medicine, and humanities. In addition to covering Wiley and Springer, MyiLibrary is also the only provider for Oxford and Cambridge University Press titles. No seat restrictions.A collection of biomedical books that can be searched directly by concept, and linked to terms in PubMed abstracts.