Journals by Subject
Health Services ResearchAccess restricted to Stanford unless otherwise noted
- Action research v. 1-, 2003-, HighWire
- Alter v. 1-, 2007-, ScienceDirect
- American journal of public health (1971) v. 61-, 1971-, Atyponv. 65-, 1975- Bus Source Complete
- Biomedical instrumentation & technology v. 36-, 2002-, Allen Press
- BMC health services research v. 1-, 2001-, BioMed Centralv. 1-, 2001- PMC
- BMC medical research methodology v. 1-, 2001-, BioMed Centralv. 1-, 2001- PMC
- BMJ quality & safety v. 20-, 2011-, HighWire
- ClinicoEconomics and outcomes research v. 1-, 2009-, Dove Pressv. 1-, 2009- PMC
- A collection of regularly updated, systematic reviews of the effects of health care. New reviews are added with each issue of The Cochrane Library. Reviews mainly of randomised controlled trials. Evidence is included or excluded on the basis of explicit quality criteria to minimise bias. Data are often combined statistically, with meta-analysis, to increase the power of the findings of numerous studies each too small to produce reliable results individually.
- Effective health care bulletins v. 1-8, 1992/95-2003/04.
- European journal of disability research v. 1-, 2007-, ScienceDirect
- Evaluation review v. 4-, 1980-, HighWire
- Evidence report/technology assessment v. 1-, 1999-, AHRQ
- Evidence-report technology assessment v. 1-, 1999-, AHRQ
- Hastings Center Report v. 1-, 1971-, JSTOR, Full text delayed 2 years+v. 20, no. 4-, July/Aug. 1990- Full text delayed 12 months Acad Search Premv. 26-, 1996- Wileyv. 35-, 2005- Full text delayed 12 months Project Muse
- Health affairs (Project Hope) v. 1-, 1981-, HighWire
- Health care management review v. 1-, 1976-, Ovid
- Health care policy v. 1-, 2005-, PMC, Full text delayed 12 months
- Health economics v. 1-, 1992-, Wiley
- Health expectations v. 1-, 1998-, Wileyv. 1-, 1998- Full text delayed 12 months Acad Search Prem
- Health outcomes research in medicine v. 1-, 2010-, ScienceDirect
- Health policy and planning v. 1-, 1986-, HighWire, Full text delayed 12 months
- Health research policy and systems v. 1-, 2003-, BioMed Centralv. 1-, 2003- PMC
- Health services insights v. 6-, 2013-, PubMed Central
- Health services research v. 1-, 1966-, PMC, Full text delayed 2 yearsv. 37-, 2002- Wileyv. 37-, 2002- IngentaConnect
- Health technology assessment . 1-, 1997-, NIHR
- Healthcare policy v. 1-, 2005-, PMC, Full text delayed 12 months
- Hospitals & health networks v. 69-, 1995-, Acad Search Prem
- Implementation science v. 1-, 2006-, BioMed Centralv. 1-, 2006- PMCAims to publish research relevant to the scientific study of methods to promote the uptake of research findings into routine healthcare in both clinical and policy contexts.
- Inquiry v. 34, no. 3-, Fall 1997-, ABI/INFORM Globalv. 38-, 2001- HighWire
- International journal of health policy and management v. 1-, 2013-, PubMed Centralv. 1-, 2013- Kerman Univ Med Sci
- International journal of health services v. 29-, 1999-, MetaPress
- International journal of hospital research v. 1-, 2012-, Tehran Univ Med Sci
- International journal of technology assessment in health care v. 13-, 1997-, Cambridge
- Israel journal of health policy research v. 1-, 2012-, PMCv. 1-, 2012- BioMed Central
- Joint Commission journal on quality improvement v. 26-28, 2000-02., IngentaConnect
- Journal of behavioral health services & research v. 25-, 1998-, Springerv. 25-, 1998- Full text delayed 12 months Acad Search Prem
- Journal of clinical outcomes management v. 6-, 1999-, Turner White Commun, (Full text of selected articles only)
- Journal of evaluation in clinical practice v. 1-, 1995-, Wileyv. 4-, 1998- Full text delayed 12 months Acad Search Prem
- Journal of health care finance v. 25, no. 3-, Spring 1999-, Bus Source Complete
- Journal of health management v. 1-, 1999-, HighWire
- Journal of health politics, policy and law v. 1-, 1976-, HighWirev. 22-, 1997- Full text delayed 12 months Bus Source Completev. 22-, 1997- Full text delayed 12 months Acad Search Premv. 24, no. 4-29, 1999-2004. Project Muse
- Journal of law, medicine & ethics v. 25-, 1997-, Wiley
- Journal of medical engineering & technology v. 1-, 1977-, Informa Healthcarev. 22, no. 4-, July/Sept. 1998- Full text delayed 12 months Acad Search Prem
- Journal of quality in clinical practice v. 18-21, 1998-2001., Acad Search Prem
- Medical care v. 1-, 1963-, Ovid
- Medical care research and review v. 52-, 1995-, HighWire
- Medical decision making v. 1-, 1981-, HighWire
- Medicare & medicaid research review v. 1-, 2011-, Bus Source Completev. 3-, 2013- PubMed Central
- Mental health services research v. 1-7, 1999-2005., Springer
- NIH consensus statement 1992-2001.
- Operations research for health care v. 1-, 2012-, ScienceDirect
- Population health metrics v. 1-, 2003-, BioMed Centralv. 1-, 2003- PMC
- Qualitative health research v. 1-, 1991-, HighWire
- Quality and safety in health care v. 11-19, 2002-10., HighWire
- Quality assurance and utilization review v. 1-7, 1986-92., HighWire
- Quality assurance in health care v. 1-5, 1989-93., HighWire
- Quality in health care v. 1-10, 1992-2001., HighWire
- Quality management in health care v. 1-, 1992-, Ovid
- Social security bulletin v. 62-, 1999-, USAGovv. 53-69, no. 1, 1990-May 2009. Acad Search Prem
- Tanzania health research bulletin v. 8, no. 2-9, 2006-07., Bioline Int
- Tanzania journal of health research v. 10-, 2008-, Bioline Int
- Value in health v. 1-, 1998-, ScienceDirectv. 2-, 1999- Full text delayed 12 months Acad Search Premv. 1-13, 1998-2010. Wiley
- Value in health regional issues v. 1-, 2012-, ScienceDirect
- Vital and health statistics. Series 1, Programs and collection procedures no. 1-, 1963-, NCHS
- Vital and health statistics. Series 10, Data from the National Health Survey v. 1-, 1963-, NCHS
- Vital and health statistics. Series 13, Data from the National Health Survey v. 1-, 1966-, NCHS
- Vital and health statistics. Series 14 no. 1-, 1968-, NCHS
- Vital and health statistics. Series 2, Data evaluation and methods research v. 1-, 1963-, NCHS
- Vital and health statistics. Series 21, Data from the National Vital Statistics System v. 1-, 1964-, NCHS
- Vital and health statistics. Series 23, Data from the National Survey of Family Growth v. 1-, 1977-, NCHS
- Vital and health statistics. Series 3, Analytical and epidemiological studies v. 21-, 1983-, NCHS
- Vital and health statistics. Series 4, Documents and committee reports v. 1-, 1965-, NCHS
- Vital and health statistics. Series 5, Comparative international vital and health statistics reports v. 1-, 1984-, NCHS
Shortcut to Licensed Content
Bookmark on other websites
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Links” (IE7) or “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
- Once installed it will look like this
- Click "Bookmark on Lane" to bookmark any webpage
- Your saved bookmark will appear on this page
What is it?
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) gives you access to resources licensed by the library even when you're not coming from a Lane or a Stanford IP address.
While we'd like Lane to be your gateway to our licensed content, we recognize that links to books, articles and journals come from a variety of different sources (Google, your email, RSS reader, etc.).
When installed, it will look your browser bookmark.
At the page you would like to proxy, click the "Lane Gateway to Licensed Content" to invoke it.
If Lane licenses that content, you'll get access as if you were on campus.
How does it work?
This allows you to view the URL as though you were on campus, giving you access to materials licensed for use by the Stanford academic community.
If you're not authenticated, you'll be prompted for your SUNetID and password.
Don't see the Toolbar, Bookmarks, or Links or Favorites bar?
From the "View" menu, select "Toolbars" & choose "Bookmarks Toolbar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Show Bookmarks Bar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Always Show Bookmarks Bar"
- Right-click in a clear area near the browser address bar
- In the menu, check a box next "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites" (IE8, IE9)
- Managing IE Favorites
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) only works with resources Lane has licensed and configured to work with our proxy server.
If invoked on a resource we do not license and/or have not yet configured, you will see an error message:
The Lane proxy server cannot complete your request because this host has not been configured properly.
We make no attempt to configure our proxy server for every resource, only those we license and for which a Stanford IP address grants access.
Drag this button onto your browser toolbar to install.
- Right click this button
- Select "Add to Favorites", click "Continue" if you see a security alert
- In "Create in" menu, select "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites Bar" (IE8, IE9) to install
Drag this button onto Safari Bookmarks bar to install.