Books by Subject
- Airway chemoreceptors in the vertebrates 2009, CRCnetBASE
- Effects of noise on aquatic life 2012, SpringerPart I. Introduction -- Part II. Sound Detection by Aquatic Animals -- Part III. Sound Production by Aquatic Animals -- Part IV. Physiological Effects of Sounds -- Part V. Anthropogenic Sounds and Behavior -- Part VI. Population Effects -- Part VII. Anthropogenic Sound Sources and Their Measurement -- Part VIII. Science, Regulation and Sound Exposure Criteria -- Part IX. Monitoring, Management and Mitigation -- Part X. Workshops and Concluding Remarks.
- Emergence of zoonotic diseases 2002, NAP
- Rabies. Third edition. 2013, ScienceDirectHistory of rabies research -- Rabies virus -- Epidemiology -- Molecular epidemiology -- Rabies in terrestrial animals -- Bat rabies -- Human disease -- Pathogenesis -- Pathology -- Immunology -- Laboratory diagnosis of rabies -- Measures of rabies immunity -- Rabies vaccines -- Next generation of rabies vaccines -- Public health management of humans at risk -- Therapy of human rabies -- Dog rabies and its control -- Rabies control in wild carnivores -- Blueprint for rabies prevention and control -- Future developments and challenges.
- Sustaining young forest communities 2011, SpringerThis edited volume addresses a rising concern among natural resource scientists and management professionals about decline of the many plant and animal species associated with early-successional habitats, especially within the Central Hardwood Region of the USA. These open habitats, with herbaceous, shrub, or young forest cover, are disappearing as abandoned farmland, pastures, and cleared forest patches return to forest. There are many questions about 'why, what, where, and how' to manage for early successional habitats. In this book, expert scientists and experienced land managers synthesize
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- AAP Red Book Online
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Sabiston Textbook of Surgery
- Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics
- Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics
- Mandell, Douglas, & Bennett's Principles & Practice of Infectious Diseases
- Red Book Online
- ICU Book
- Primary Care Medicine
- Campbell-Walsh Urology
Shortcut to Licensed Content
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Links” (IE7) or “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
Shortcut for iPhone
What is it?
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) gives you access to resources licensed by the library even when you're not coming from a Lane or a Stanford IP address.
While we'd like Lane to be your gateway to our licensed content, we recognize that links to books, articles and journals come from a variety of different sources (Google, your email, RSS reader, etc.).
When installed, it will look your browser bookmark.
At the page you would like to proxy, click the "Lane Gateway to Licensed Content" to invoke it.
If Lane licenses that content, you'll get access as if you were on campus.
How does it work?
This allows you to view the URL as though you were on campus, giving you access to materials licensed for use by the Stanford academic community.
If you're not authenticated, you'll be prompted for your SUNetID and password.
Don't see the Toolbar, Bookmarks, or Links or Favorites bar?
From the "View" menu, select "Toolbars" & choose "Bookmarks Toolbar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Show Bookmarks Bar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Always Show Bookmarks Bar"
- Right-click in a clear area near the browser address bar
- In the menu, check a box next "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites" (IE8, IE9)
- Managing IE Favorites
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) only works with resources Lane has licensed and configured to work with our proxy server.
If invoked on a resource we do not license and/or have not yet configured, you will see an error message:
The Lane proxy server cannot complete your request because this host has not been configured properly.
We make no attempt to configure our proxy server for every resource, only those we license and for which a Stanford IP address grants access.
Drag this button onto your browser toolbar to install.
- Right click this button
- Select "Add to Favorites", click "Continue" if you see a security alert
- In "Create in" menu, select "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites Bar" (IE8, IE9) to install
Drag this button onto Safari Bookmarks bar to install.
Can't find it?
- Springer Protocols
- MD Consult
- Lange Series
- National Academy Press
- NCBI Bookshelf
- Thieme Atlases