Books by Subject
- Active female 2008, SpringerPt.I: Focusing on active female's health issues: unique gender-related psychological and physiological characteristics of females -- Pt.II: Preoccupation with body image issues and disordered eating issues in the acitve female -- Pt.III: Reproductive health -- Pt.IV: Prevention and management of common musculoskeletal injuries in active females -- Pt.V: Safe exercise guidelines throughout the lifespan -- Pt.VI: Nutrition, energy balance, and weight control.
- Breast cancer 2008, Springer
- Breast cancer in women of African descent 2006, SpringerBurden of breast cancer in developing and developed countries -- Genetics of breast cancer in women of African Descent: an overview -- Biology of breast cancer: molecular and pathologic features of ductal neoplasia of the breast: racial considerations -- Screening and early detection of breast cancer in women in Africa and the Middle East -- Breast cancer at diagnosis in women of Africa and the Middle East -- Breast cancer aggressiveness in women of African descent -- Radiotherapy of breast cancer -- Adjuvant therapy of breast cancer -- Endocrine therapy of breast cancer -- Palliative care for breast cancer in the African-American population -- Outcome of African American women with breast cancer in cooperative group clinical trials -- Traditional medicine in breast cancer management with a focus on the Chinese integrative approach -- Impact of culture, education and socio-economic status -- Barriers to successful management of breast cancer.
- Cancer and sexual health 2011, Springer
- Diabetes in women 2009, Springer
- Eating disorders in women and children 2001, CRCnetBASE
- Effective migraine treatment in pregnant and lactating women 2009, SpringerUnderstanding migraine and pregnancy -- Safety rating systems for drugs used in pregnancy and lactation -- Non-pharmacological headache treatments -- Acute treatment options for the pregnant headache patient -- Acute treatment options for the lactating headache patient -- Preventive treatment options for the pregnant headache patient -- Preventive treatment options for the lactating headache patient -- Urgent care/emergency treatment of the acute, severe headache in pregnant and lactating patients -- Work-up for headache during pregnancy and lactation -- Patient headache resources.
- Female pelvic floor. 2nd ed. 2007, SpringerOverview -- Anatomy and dynamics of pelvic floor function and dysfunction -- Diagnosis of connective tissue damage -- Reconstructive pelvic floor surgery according to the integral theory -- Pelvic floor rehabilitation -- Mapping the dynamics of connective tissue dysfunction -- Current and emerging research issues -- Conclusion -- Patient questionnaires and other diagnostic resource tools.
- Gender, women, and the tobacco epidemic 2010, WHO"This publication contributes to the scientific understanding of gender, women, and tobacco in the context of efforts to control the global tobacco epidemic. Topics covered include determinants of starting to use tobacco; exposure to second-hand smoke; the impact that tobacco use has on health; addiction and cessation; treatment programs; and gender and human rights policy. The publication also addresses national economic policy with regard to tobacco control, international treaties, and strategies for tobacco-free mobilization at the regional and international levels. Special attention is paid to an analysis of policies that affect girls and women throughout the life course. Men's responsibility to protect women against second-hand smoke is also highlighted"--Publisher's description.
- Glass' Office gynecology. 6th ed. 2006, OvidHirsutism / Steven M. Strong -- Vulvovaginitis / Tracey A. Banks and Michèle G. Curtis -- Sexually transmitted diseases / Lisa M. Hollier -- Chronic pelvic pain / John F. Steege -- Endometriosis / John M. Storment -- Preconception evaluation and counseling / Justin P. Lavin, Jr. and John Stewart, Jr. -- Contraception / Anthony DelConte -- Infertility and recurrent pregnancy loss / John M. Storment -- Surgical and medical abortion / Mitchell D. Creinin -- Urogynecology and pelvic floor dysfunction / Alfred E. Bent -- Lifestyle modification / Jimmy D. Acklin --Integration of complementary and alternative medicine in the gynecology office / Michèle G. Curtis -- Intimate partner violence / Abbey B. Berenson -- Women and sexuality / Gretchen Gross -- Psychiatric disorders / James M. Martinez and Lauren B. Marangell -- Management of the HIV-positive woman / Nancy L. Eriksen -- Diagnosis and management of hereditary cancer / Monique A. Spillman and Andrew Berchuck -- Occupational and environmental exposures / Linda M. Frazier And David A. Grainger.Pediatric and adolescent gynecology / Andrea L. Zuckerman -- Care of perimenopausal and postmenopausal patients / Clarisa R. Gracia and Kurt T. Barnhart -- Lesbian, bisexual, and transgender health care / Amy E. Harrison and Vincent M. B. Silenzio -- Abnormal cytology and human papillomavirus / Barbara M. Buttin, Thomas J. Herzog, and David G. Mutch -- Benign disorders of the vulva and vagina / Wilson Sawa and Michael P. Hopkins -- Benign disorders and diseases of the breast / Daniel P. Guyton and Andrew Fenton -- Premenstrual syndromes / Meir Steiner -- Abnormal uterine bleeding / Godwin I. Meniru and Michael P. Hopkins --
- Global library of women's medicine DatabaseThe Global Library of Women's Medicine is a unique web library incorporating a vast range of detailed clinical information across women's medicine. It consists of 442 main chapters and 53 supplementary chapters, supported by over 40,000 references, which will be kept permanently up-to-date. The chapters have been written by more than 650 specialists and will reflect some of the very best worldwide opinion.
- Helping couples cope with women's cancers 2008, SpringerThe Nature of cancer and its psychosocial challenges -- Why work with couples? -- Assessing the couple's adjustment to cancer -- Integrating tasks of illness into the couple's daily routine -- Building cognitive coping skills -- Communicating support -- Expanding the couple's coping skills -- Enhancing sexuality and body image -- Helping children to cope when a mother has cancer -- Living with cancer after treatment ends.
- Hypertension and cardiovascular disease in women 2008, HighWire
- Maternal and child health 2009, SpringerA history of international cooperation in maternal and child health -- Global burden of disease among women, children, and adolescents -- Promotion of global perinatal health -- Maternal and child health in the organization for economic cooperation and development (OECD) countries -- Health system impacts on maternal and child health -- The environment and maternal child health -- Impact of wars and conflict on maternal and child health -- The impact of globalization on maternal and child health -- Gender equity: perspectives on maternal and child health -- Harmful traditional practices and women's health: female genital mutilation -- Abortion and postabortion care -- Malaria in women and children -- The global burden of childhood diarrhea -- Tuberculosis in childhood and pregnancy -- Impact of HIV on the health of women, children, and families in less developed countries -- Malnutrition and maternal and child health -- The global burden of obstetric fistulas -- Health challenges for women, children, and adolescents with disabilities -- Unintentional injuries in children -- Evidence-based maternal and child health -- A global perspective on teen pregnancy -- Progress and challenges in making pregnancy safer: a global perspective -- Global immunization challenge: progress and opportunities -- Adolescent health -- The global burden of child maltreatment -- Children in difficult circumstances -- Integrated management of childhood illness -- Planning, development, and maintenance of the MCH workforce -- An agenda for child health policy in developing countries.
- Medical decisions, estrogen, and aging 2008, Springer
- Motherhood and postnatal depression 2011, Springer
- Nutritional concerns of women. 2nd ed. 2004, CRCnetBASE
- Optimizing women's health through nutrition 2008, CRCnetBASENeed to optimize the health of women / Lilian U. Thompson and Wendy E. Ward -- Sex-specific biology of the gastrointestinal tract / Marianne J. Legato -- Adolescence / Nicole Larson ... [et al.] -- Premenopause / Paula Skidmore and Aedin Cassidy -- Pregnancy and lactation / Lisa A. Houghton and Deborah L. O'Connor -- Menopause and midlife / Stacie E. Geller, Marci Goldstein Adams, and Laura Studee -- Obesity and weight management / Peter Clifton -- The metabolic syndrome and type 2 diabetes mellitus / Janet A. Vogt and Thomas M.S. Wolever -- Cardiovascular disease / Alice H. Lichtenstein and Nirupa R. Matthan -- Breast and ovarian cancer / Bette J. Caan and Cynthia A. Thomson -- Osteoporosis and osteoarthritis / Wendy E. Ward -- Rheumatoid arthritis / Lisa K. Stamp and Leslie G. Cleland -- Irritable bowel syndrome / Gerald E. Mullin and Linda A. Lee -- Eye health / Jennifer Evans -- Alzheimer's disease and other forms of dementia / Pasqualina Perrig-Chiello, Sara Hutchison, and Hannes B. Staehelin -- Depression and psychiatric disorders / Christina P.C. Borba and David C. Henderson -- Eating disorders / Richard E. Kreipe and Sophie Bucher Della Torre -- Oral health / Peter C. Fritz and Wendy E. Ward -- Conclusion: what we know, and where do we go from here / Lilian U. Thompson and Wendy E. Ward.
- Principles of gender-specific medicine. 2nd ed. 2010, ScienceDirectChapter 1. The Effects of Gender in Neonatal Medicine / Tove S. Rosen, David Bateman -- Chapter 2. Sexual Development, Growth, and Puberty in Children / Gaya S. Aranoff, Jennifer J. Bell -- Chapter 3. Gender Differences in Pediatric Pulmonary Disease / Beverley J. Sheares -- Chapter 4. Gender-Specific Aspects of Pediatric Hematology and Oncology / James H. Garvin Jr. -- Chapter 5. Gender Differences in Neurological Conditions of Children / David M. Kaufman -- Chapter 6. Gender and Sports: Past, Present, and Future / Jordan D. Metzl -- Chapter 7. Gender Differences in the Functional Organization of the Brain / Ruben C. Gur, Tamara Bockow, Raquel E. Gur -- Chapter 8. Sexual Differentiation of Brain Structure and Function / Margaret M. McCarthy -- Chapter 9. The Sexed and Gendered Brain / William Byne -- Chapter 10. Age and Gender-Specific Patterns of Neurologic Illness / Joan Amatniek, Karin Sorra, Lauren Frey, W. Allen Hauser -- Chapter 11. Gender Differences in Stroke / Rebecca F. Gottesman, Argye E. Hillis -- Chapter 12. Gender Differences in Disorders that Present to Psychiatry / Mary V. Seeman -- Chapter 13. Hormone Replacement Therapy and Cognitive Function / Mary Sano, Diane Jacobs, Katya Gaynor -- Chapter 14. Gender and the Heart: Sex-Specific Differences in the Normal Myocardial Anatomy and Physiology / Marianne J. Legato, Jaswinder K. Leghe -- Chapter 15. Gender-Specific Aspects of Selected Coronary Heart Disease Risk Factors: A Summary of the Epidemiologic Evidence / Shari S. Bassuk, JoAnn E. Manson -- Chapter 16. Dyslipidemia Management in Women and Men: Exploring Potential Gender Differences / Kavita Sharma, Christian D. Nagy, Roger S. Blumenthal -- Chapter 17. Gender Differences in the Role of Stress and Emotion in Cardiovascular Function and Disease / David E. Anderson, Margaret A. Chesney -- Chapter 18. The Role of Sex and Gender in Cardiothoracic Surgery / Sandhya K. Balaram, Justin D. Blasberg -- Chapter 19. Gender Differences in Asthma / Robert H. Lim, Lester Kobzik -- Chapter 20. Gender Issues in Venous Thromboembolism / Susan Murin, Kathryn Bilello, Lisa Moores, Aaron Holley -- Chapter 21. Sleep in Women: Gender Differences in Health and Disease / Shirin Shafazand -- Chapter 22. Are Women More Susceptible to Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease? / Kenneth R. Chapman -- Chapter 23. The Gender-Specific Aspects of Lung Cancer / Rebecca L. Toonkel, Charles A. Powell -- Chapter 24. Gender-Specific Considerations in Pulmonary Hypertension / Deborah Shure -- Chapter 25. Sex and Gender Differences in Pulmonary Manifestations of Autoimmune Disease / Muddassir Aliniazee, Marilyn K. Glassberg -- Chapter 26. Benign Metastasizing Leiomyoma and Lymphangioleiomyomatosis: Lung Diseases of Women / Muddassir Aliniazee, Marilyn K. Glassberg -- Chapter 27. Gender Differences in Susceptibility, Outcomes, and Pathophysiology of Sepsis / Kristy A. Bauman, MeiLan K. Han -- Chapter 28. Inflammatory Bowel Disease in Women / Melissa Munsell, Marc Sonenshine, Mary L. Harris -- Chapter 29. Disorders of Defecation in Women / Susan L. Gearhart -- Chapter 30. Idiopathic Gastroparesis: Gender Aspects / Henry P. Parkman --Chapter 31. Liver Disease in Women / Karen Krok, Ayman Koteish -- Chapter 32. Gender Differences in Irritable Bowel Syndrome / Octavia Pickett-Blakely, Linda A. Lee, Gerald Mullin -- Chapter 33. Contraception / Karen Feisullin, Carolyn Westhoff -- Chapter 34. Infertility: The Male / Howard H. Kim, Peter N. Schlegel, Marc Goldstein -- Chapter 35. Infertility and In Vitro Fertilization / Elizabeth Barbieri, Sonya Kashyap, Pak H. Chung -- Chapter 36. Female Sexual Health / Barbara D. Bartlik, Julie A. Kolzet, Nazia Ahmad, Tahmina Parveen, Sarah Alvi -- Chapter 37. Male Sexual Dysfunction / Serkan Deveci, John P. Mulhall -- Chapter 38. Pelvic Pain: Urogenital Female Disorders / Andrew T. Goldstein, Lara J. Burrows -- Chapter 39. Lower Urogenital Tract Dysfunction in Men and Women / Doreen E. Chung, Alexis E. Te, Renuka Tyagi -- Chapter 40. Aging and the Lower Urogenital System / Catherine E. DuBeau -- Chapter 41. Menopause / Gloria Bachmann, Nora J. Doty -- Chapter 42. The Differences between Male and Female Breast Cancer / Coral Omene, Amy Tiersten -- Chapter 43. Difference in Germ Cell Tumors of the Reproductive Tract in Men and Women / Nicole LaNatra, Amy Tiersten -- Chapter 44. Gender Differences in Hereditary Cancer Syndromes: Risks, Management, and Testing for Inherited Predisposition to Cancer / Wendy K. Chung -- Chapter 45. Gender Differences in Emerging Infectious Diseases / Sharon Lewin -- Chapter 46. Sexually Transmitted Infections in Men and Women / Anne M. Rompalo, Khalil G. Ghanem -- Chapter 47. Infections in Pregnancy / Emilia Mia Sordillo, Bruce Polsky -- Chapter 48. Adult Immunization in Women and Men / Sally L. Hodder, Debra Chew, Shobha Swaminathan -- Chapter 49. Gender Differences in Autoimmune Diseases: Immune Mechanisms and Clinical Applications / Nabih I. Abdou, Virginia Rider -- Chapter 50. Hormones and Cytokines: Gender-Specific Effects / Maurizio Cutolo -- Chapter 51. Prolactin and Autoimmunity / Sara E. Walker -- Chapter 52. Sex Hormones and Immune Function / Robert G. Lahita -- Chapter 53. Pregnancy and Autoimmune Rheumatic Disease / Carl A. Laskin, Christine A. Clark, Karen A. Spitzer -- Chapter 54. Oral Contraceptives and Autoimmune Diseases / Taraneh Mehrani, Michelle Petri -- Chapter 55. Gender-Specific Issues in Organ Transplantation / Hilary Sanfey Chapter 56. Endogenous Sex Hormones and Risk of Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus in Men and Women / Sherita Hill Golden -- Chapter 57. Thyroid Disorders and Pregnancy / Matthew Kim -- Chapter 58. Sexual Function and Dysfunction in Men and Women / Karen Elizabeth Boyle, Arthur L. Burnett -- Chapter 59. Osteoporosis in Men and Women / Kendall F. Moseley, Suzanne M. Jan de Beur -- Chapter 60. Testosterone Replacement Therapy in Men and Women / Diala El-Maouche, Adrian Dobs.
- Promoting health for working women 2008, SpringerPt. 1. General principles and concepts. Introduction to health promotion for working women: a methodology / Pania Karnaki ... [et al.] -- The legal context for workplace safety and health promotion: thinking of women / Ioannis Polychronakis ... [et al.] -- Pt. 2. Specific health topics. Workplace health promotion interventions concerning women workers' occupational hazards / Ioannis Polychronakis ... [et al.] -- Mental health disorders and work-life balance / Natalie M. Schmitt, Andreas Fuchs and Wilhelm Kirch -- Musculoskeletal disorders / Verka Koytcheva ... [et al.] -- Work-related violence, bullying, and sexual harassment / Kaisa Kauppinen and Tarita Tuomola -- Promoting health for working women: communicable diseases / Sotirios Tsiodras -- Screening at the workplace and female employees / Elena Riza and Athena Linos -- Pt. 3. Women's reproductive health issues. Workplace health promotion aiming at safe working environments for pregnant women / Alex Burdorf and Goedele Geuskens -- Workplace health promotion aimed at increasing breastfeeding / Goedele Geuskens and Alex Burdorf -- Pt. 4. Lifestyle determinants. Promoting tobacco awareness and smoking cessation for working women / Sherry Merkur -- Women, health, and alcohol-related harm / Kaisa Kauppinen and Tarita Tuomola -- Promoting physical activity and a healthy diet among working women / Gemma Janer and Manolis Kogevinas.
- Pulmonary problems in pregnancy 2009, SpringerNormal pregnancy -- Physiological transition from fetal to neonatal life in pregnancy -- Respiratory physiology in pregnancy -- High altitude, chronic hypoxia, and pregnancy -- Sleep physiology in pregnancy -- General management principles in pregnancy -- Diagnostic imaging in pregnancy -- Prescribing in pregnancy and lactation -- Monitoring fetal well-being in the critical care setting -- Anesthetic considerations in pregnant patients with pulmonary disorders -- Pulmonary disorders in pregnancy -- Obstructive sleep apnea in pregnancy -- Restless legs syndrome and periodic limb movement disorder in pregnancy -- Asthma in pregnancy -- Tuberculosis and pregnancy -- Pneumonia in the pregnant patient -- Chronic pulmonary disease and pregnancy -- Neuromuscular and chest wall diseases in pregnancy -- Pregnancy and the cystic fibrosis patient -- Pulmonary complications of collagen vascular disease in pregnancy -- Venous thromboembolism in pregnancy -- Pulmonary arterial hypertension in pregnancy -- Pulmonary procedures during pregnancy -- Critical illness in pregnancy -- Acute lung injury in pregnancy -- Airway management and mechanical ventilation in pregnancy.
- Saving women's lives 2005, NAP
- Scientific aspects of women's gymnastics 2003, Karger
- Seat on the aisle, please! 2006, Springer
- Sexualities and identities of minority women 2009, Springer
- Sleep disorders in women 2006, SpringerIntroduction / Hrayr P. Attarian -- Epidemiology of sleep disorders in women / Hrayr P. Attarian -- Workup of female patients with sleep complaints: a guide for mid-level health care providers / Diana Monaghan -- The impact of life cycle on sleep in women / Margaret Moline, Lauren Broch, and Rochelle Zak -- Normal reproductive and endocrine life stages and their impact on different sleep disorders / Rochelle Goldberg -- Delayed sleep phase syndrome in adolescents / John Garcia -- Defining, assessing, and treating adolescent insomnia and related sleep problems / Amy R. Wolfson, Alison Quinn, and Anna Vannucci -- Restless legs syndrome: an overview with an emphasis on women / David M. Hiestand and Barbara Phillips -- Nonhormonal treatments for insomnia / Catherine C. Schuman --Obstructive sleep apnea-hypopnea syndrome in premenopausal women / Kanika Bagai and Beth A. Malow -- Polycystic ovary syndrome and obstructive sleep apnea / Mira Aubuchon -- Women and excessive daytime sleepiness / Hrayr P. Attarian -- Parasomnias from a woman's health perspective / Carlos H. Schenck and Mark W. Mahowald -- Restless legs syndrome in pregnancy / Keith J. Nagle -- Evaluating insomnia during pregnancy and postpartum / Katherine A. Lee and Aaron B. Caughey -- Pregnancy and obstructive sleep apnea / Helena Schotland -- Restless legs syndrome and menopause / Nancy S. Collins -- Insomnia during menopause: sleep laboratory studies on insomnia associated with postmenopausal syndrome and hormone replacement therapy / Gerda Saletu-Zyhlarz ... [et al.] -- Obstructive sleep apnea and menopause / Grace Pien and Sigrid Veasey.
- Violence against women 2007, Springer
- Violence against women and mental health 2013, KargerViolence against women, its prevalence and health consequences / Claudi García-Moreno, Heidi Stöckl -- Gender-based violence in the Middle-East : a review / Josyan Madi Skaff -- Violence against women in Latin America / Silvia Lucía Gaviria -- Violence against women in South Asia / Unaiza Niaz -- Violence against women in Europe : magnitude and the mental health consequences described by different data sources / Karin Helweg-Larsen -- Intimate partner violence as a risk factor for mental health problems in South Africa / Rachel Jewkes -- Intimate partner violence and mental health / Sian Oram, Louise M. Howard -- Sexual assault and women's mental health / Sandra L. Martin, Angela M. Parcesepe -- Child sexual abuse of girls / Harriet L. MacMillan, C. Nadine Wathen -- Sexual violence and armed conflict : a systematic review of psychosocial support interventions / Vivi Stavrou -- Abuse and trafficking among female migrants and refugees / Marianne Kastrup -- Abuse in doctor-patient relationships / Werner Tschan -- Workplace harassment based on sex : a risk factor for women's mental health problems / Lilia M. Cortina, Emily A. Leskinen -- Violence against women and suicidality : does violence cause suicidal behaviour? / Karen M. Devries, Maureen Seguin -- Violence against women suffering from severe psychiatric illness / Marta B. Rondon -- Violence against women and mental health / Claudia García-Moreno, Anita Riecher-Rössler.
- Voice of breast cancer in medicine and bioethics 2006, SpringerNegotiating personal and political settlements with breast cancer: women finding their own ways to live with human contingency / Rosemarie Tong -- Personalizing the political: negotiating the feminist, medical, scientific and commercial discourses surrounding breast cancer / Susan Sherwin -- Power, gender, and pizzazz: the early years of breast cancer activism / Barron Lerner -- Breast cancer: dueling discourses and the persistence of an outmoded paradigm / Gwynne Gertz -- Doing things with ideas and affects in the illness narratives of Susan Sontag and Eve Kosofsky Sedgwick / Lisa Diedrich -- The breast cancer diaries / Anita Ho -- Breast cancer: the maternal body reflected in a three-way mirror / Debra Gold -- Learn to love what's left: poems on breast cancer / Leatha Kendrick -- Death and the other: rethinking authenticity / Gail Weiss -- Breast cancer research: a political cause and paradigm for scientific inquiry / John S. Kovach -- Clinical trials for breast cancer and informed consent: how women helped make research a cooperative venture / Loretta M. Kopelman -- The role of psychosocial research in understanding and improving the experience of breast cancer and breast cancer risk / Anne Moyer and Marci Lobel -- Teaching about breast cancer and "common health" / Helen Rodnite Lemay -- Theoretical considerations on "reading" the breast / Tanfer Emin-Tunc -- Recent developments in breast cancer research / Sofya Maslyanskaya.
- What every woman should know about cervical cancer 2008, Springer
- Women and health 2009, WHO
- Women of color health data book. 3rd ed- Latest ed. only
- Women over 50 2007, SpringerBody image issues of women over 50 /Joan C. Chrisler --Women and sex at midlife : desire, dysfunction, and diversity /Maureen C. McHugh --Living longer, healthier lives /Susan D. Lonborg and Cheryl B. Travis --On the move : exercise, leisure activities, and midlife women /Ruth L. Hall --The well-being and quality of life of women over 50 : a gendered-age perspective /Varda Muhlbauer --Enjoying the returns : women's friendships after 50 /Suzanna M. Rose --Contemporary midlife grandparenthood /Liat Kulik --Women over 50 : caregiving issues /Rosalie J. Ackerman and Martha E. Banks --Work and retirement : challenges and opportunities for women over 50 /Judith A. Sugar --Empowerment : a prime time for women over 50 /Florence L. Denmark and Maria D. Klara.
- Women's health and mortality chartbook 2004, Natl Cent Health StatIncludes: death rates; health risk factors; preventive care utilization; and, health insurance coverage.
- Women's health in clinical practice 2008, SpringerContraception / Lynda M. Bascelli -- Premenstrual syndrome and premenstrual dysphoric disorder / Harris B. Cohen -- Menopause / Janice E. Nevin and Deborah Ehrenthal -- Osteoporosis / Colleen Veloski -- Women and coronary heart disease / Susan Mather -- Sexual problems / Lenore Tiefer -- Irritable bowel syndrome / Deborah M. Bethards and Ann Ouyang -- Urinary incontinence / Harriette M. Scarpero and Tamara G. Bavendam --Diabetes in women / Ronald A. Codario -- Polycystic ovarian syndrome / Katherine Sherif -- Cervical cancer detection and prevention / Amy L. Clouse -- Breast disorders / Lori Jardines -- Thyroid disorders / M. Hamed Farooqi and Serge A. Jabbour -- Women's oral health issues / Barbara J. Steinberg ... [et al.] -- Eating disorders / Amy L. Clouse -- Psychiatric disorders in women / Brenda J. Butler -- Intimate partner violence / Connie Mitchell and Deirdre Anglin.
- Women's health in interventional radiology 2012, SpringerPt. 1. Pelvic vascular interventions -- pt. 2. Fallopian tube interventions -- pt. 3. Spine interventions -- pt. 4. Lower extremity venous interventions.
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- AAP Red Book Online
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Sabiston Textbook of Surgery
- Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics
- Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics
- Mandell, Douglas, & Bennett's Principles & Practice of Infectious Diseases
- Red Book Online
- ICU Book
- Primary Care Medicine
- Campbell-Walsh Urology
Shortcut to Licensed Content
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Links” (IE7) or “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
Shortcut for iPhone
What is it?
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) gives you access to resources licensed by the library even when you're not coming from a Lane or a Stanford IP address.
While we'd like Lane to be your gateway to our licensed content, we recognize that links to books, articles and journals come from a variety of different sources (Google, your email, RSS reader, etc.).
When installed, it will look your browser bookmark.
At the page you would like to proxy, click the "Lane Gateway to Licensed Content" to invoke it.
If Lane licenses that content, you'll get access as if you were on campus.
How does it work?
This allows you to view the URL as though you were on campus, giving you access to materials licensed for use by the Stanford academic community.
If you're not authenticated, you'll be prompted for your SUNetID and password.
Don't see the Toolbar, Bookmarks, or Links or Favorites bar?
From the "View" menu, select "Toolbars" & choose "Bookmarks Toolbar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Show Bookmarks Bar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Always Show Bookmarks Bar"
- Right-click in a clear area near the browser address bar
- In the menu, check a box next "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites" (IE8, IE9)
- Managing IE Favorites
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) only works with resources Lane has licensed and configured to work with our proxy server.
If invoked on a resource we do not license and/or have not yet configured, you will see an error message:
The Lane proxy server cannot complete your request because this host has not been configured properly.
We make no attempt to configure our proxy server for every resource, only those we license and for which a Stanford IP address grants access.
Drag this button onto your browser toolbar to install.
- Right click this button
- Select "Add to Favorites", click "Continue" if you see a security alert
- In "Create in" menu, select "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites Bar" (IE8, IE9) to install
Drag this button onto Safari Bookmarks bar to install.
Can't find it?
- Springer Protocols
- MD Consult
- Lange Series
- National Academy Press
- NCBI Bookshelf
- Thieme Atlases
Editor: Jianfang, Zhang
Translated & Donated by Muoi Arnold and Keith Arnold former Stanford faculty