Books by Subject
- 2001 CRCnetBASEBarrows, Edward M.
- v. 1-, 2007- SpringerPhillips, C. J. C.
- 2012 WileyDelaney, Sean J.; Fascetti, Andrea J.
- 2013 SpringerCollins, Margaret; Weir, Andrea B.Ocular toxicity is routinely assessed in toxicology studies conducted for regulatory purposes. Ocular anatomy and physiology and the assessment of ocular toxicity itself can be challenging to scientists involved in the safety assessment of pharmaceuticals, pesticides and other agents. Anatomical and physiological differences between species can impact the nature of ocular effects observed following intended or unintended exposure of ocular tissues to xenobiotics. Ocular Toxicity in Laboratory Animals provides a concise reference addressing ocular anatomy and physiology across species that will enhance the design and interpretation of toxicology studies conducted for regulatory purposes. The book provides an overview of routine and advanced techniques that are used to assess ocular toxicity including slit lamp biomicroscopy, indirect ophthalmoscopy, electrophysiology and imaging methods for the anterior and posterior segments of the eye. Additionally, the book defines the regulatory expectations for pharmaceuticals intended to treat ocular diseases and for other non-pharmaceutical regulated chemicals. With contributions from experts in the field, Ocular Toxicity in Laboratory Animals is an authoritative, accessible guide for toxicologists and other scientists involved in conducting toxicology studies for regulatory purposes and/or reviewing data from such studies.
- 2014 ScienceDirectKaiser, P.; Kaspers, Bernd; Schat, K. A.Provides an up-to-date overview of the current knowledge of avian immunology. From the ontogeny of the avian immune system to practical application in vaccinology, this book encompasses all aspects of innate and adaptive immunity in chickens.
- 2009 SpringerAlexander, Dennis J.; Capua, Ilaria.
- 2005 CRCnetBASEValkiunas, G.
- 2014 ScienceDirectSykes, Jane E.Basic principles in the diagnosis and management of small animal infection -- Laboratory diagnosis of canine and feline infectious diseases -- Isolation in cell culture -- Immunoassays -- Isolation and identification of aerobic and anaerobic bacteria -- Isolation and identification of fungi -- Nucleic acid detection assays -- Antiinfective therapy -- Principles of antiinfective therapy -- Antiviral and immunomodulatory drugs -- Antibacterial drugs -- Antifungal drugs -- Antiprotozoal drugs -- Basic principles for infection control -- Infection control programs for dogs and cats -- Immunization -- Major infectious diseases and their etiologic agents -- Viral diseases -- Rabies -- Canine parvovirus infections and other viral enteritides -- Canine distemper virus infection -- Canine herpesvirus infection -- Canine viral respiratory infections -- Infectious canine hepatitis -- Feline panleukopenia virus infection and other viral enteritides -- Feline coronavirus infection -- Feline immunodeficiency virus infection -- Feline leukemia virus infection -- Feline respiratory viral infections -- Feline poxvirus infections -- Pseudorabies -- Viral papillomatosis -- Vector-borne and other viral encephalitides -- Bacterial diseases -- Ehrlichiosis -- Anaplasmosis -- Rocky mountain spotted fever -- Salmon poisoning disease -- Coxiellosis and q fever -- Chlamydial infections -- Streptococcal and enterococcal infections -- Staphylococcus infections -- Gram-negative bacterial infections -- Anaerobic bacterial infections -- Bordetellosis -- Cell wall-deficient bacterial infections -- Mycoplasma infections -- Hemoplasma infections -- Actinomycosis -- Nocardiosis -- Mycobacterial infections -- Salmonellosis -- Enteric Escherichia coli infections -- Campylobacteriosis -- Enteric clostridial infections -- Gastric Helicobacter-like infections -- Leptospirosis -- Lyme borreliosis -- Bartonellosis -- Canine brucellosis -- Tetanus and botulism -- Yersinia pestis (plague) and other yersinioses -- Tularemia -- Bite and scratch wound infections -- Fungal and algal diseases -- Dermatophytosis -- Malassezia infections -- Blastomycosis -- Histoplasmosis -- Cryptococcosis -- Coccidioidomycosis -- Sporotrichosis -- Aspergillosis -- Rhinosporidiosis -- Candidiasis -- Miscellaneous fungal diseases -- Pythiosis, lagenidiosis, and zygomycosis -- Protothecosis -- Pneumocystosis -- Protozoal diseases -- Toxoplasmosis -- Neosporosis -- Leishmaniosis -- Babesiosis -- Cytauxzoonosis -- Canine and feline hepatozoonosis -- Trypanosomiasis -- Giardiasis -- Trichomoniasis -- Cryptosporidiosis -- Isosporiasis -- Miscellaneous protozoal diseases -- Infections of selected organ systems -- Pyoderma, otitis externa, and otitis media -- Osteomyelitis, discospondylitis, and infectious arthritis -- Infections of the cardiovascular system -- Bacterial bronchopneumonia and pyothorax -- Intra-abdominal infections -- Bacterial infections of the genitourinary tract -- Bacterial meningitis -- Vaccination schedules for dogs and cats.
- 2012 ScienceDirectDintzis, Suzanne M.; Frevert, Charles W.; Liggitt, H. Denny; Montine, Kathleen S.; Treuting, Piper M.1. Introduction / Piper M. Treuting, Suzanne M. Dintzis, Kathleen S. Montine -- 2. Phenotyping / Cory Brayton, Piper M. Treuting -- 3. Necropsy and Histology / Sue Knoblaugh, Julie Randolph-Habecker, Steve Rath -- 4. Mammary Gland / Robert D. Cardiff, Kimberly H. Allison -- 5. Skeletal System / Christopher Jerome, Benjamin Hoch -- 6. Nose, Sinus, Pharynx, and Larynx / Jack R. Harkema, Stephan A. Carey, James G. Wagner, Suzanne M. Dintzis, Denny Liggitt -- 7. Oral Cavity and Teeth / Piper M. Treuting, Thomas H. Morton Jr. -- 8. Salivary Glands / Piper M. Treuting, Suzanne M. Dintzis -- 9. Respiratory / Carlos Jose Suarez, Suzanne M. Dintzis, Charles W. Frevert -- 10. Cardiovascular / Michael A. Laflamme, Manu M. Sebastian, Bernard S. Buetow -- 11. Upper Gastrointestinal Tract / Piper M. Treuting, Mark A. Valasek, Suzanne M. Dintzis -- 12. Lower Gastrointestinal Tract / Piper M. Treuting, Suzanne M. Dintzis -- 13. Liver and Gallbladder / Arlin B. Rogers, Renee Z. Dintzis -- 14. Pancreas / Suzanne M. Dintzis, Denny Liggitt -- 15. Endocrine System / Krista Marie DuBray La Perle, C. Diana Jordan -- 16. Urinary System / Piper M. Treuting, Jolanta Kowalewska -- 17. Female Reproductive System / Mara H. Rendi, Atis Muehlenbachs, Rochelle L. Garcia, Kelli L. Boyd -- 18. Male Reproductive System / Sue Knoblaugh, Lawrence True -- 19. Hematopoietic and Lymphoid Tissues / Michael Linden, Jerrold M. Ward, Sindhu Cherian -- 20. Nervous System / Catherine E. Hagan, Brad Bolon, C. Dirk Keene -- 21. Special Senses: Eye / Piper M. Treuting, Rachel Wong, Daniel C. Tu, Isabella Phan -- 22. Special Senses: Ear / Piper M. Treuting, Suzanne M. Dintzis -- 23. Skin and Adnexa / John P. Sundberg, Lillian B. Nanney, Philip Fleckman, Lloyd E. King.
- 2010 SpringerCunningham, Fiona M.; Elliott, Jonathan; Lees, Peter.This volume addresses not only a series of key topics in the discipline of veterinary pharmacology and therapeutics that will be of interest to those researching and treating animal disease, but also emphasising the comparative aspects of the subject and the interface with human health and disease.
- 2007 SpringerWobeser, Gary A.; Wobeser, Gary A.
- 2009 CRCnetBASEBarrett, Katie; Boxall, Alistair B. A.; Crane, Mark.
- History of bovine TB c. 1965-c.2000 : the transcript of a Witness Seminar held by the History of Modern Biomedicine Research Group, Queen Mary University of London, on 13 May 20142015 Wellcome TrustOvery, Caroline; Tansey, E. M.
- 2007 CRCnetBASEJacobson, Elliott R.
- Alkhateeb Shehada, Housni.1. Animals in Mamluk society -- 2. The Pre-Mamluk veterinary traditions -- 3. Scholars, equestrians, and veterinarians -- 4. The Veterinary profession -- 5. Theoretical aspects -- 6. Preventive medicine and diagnostics -- 7. Non-invasive practises in veterinary treatment -- 8. Invasive methods of treatment in veterinary medicine.
- Latest ed. onlyAiello, Susan E.; Fraser, Clarence M.Also available: Print – 1998.Also available: Print – 1986-91.
- 2008 KargerAtsalis, Sylvia; Hof, Patrick R.; Margulis, Susan W.Menopause and reproductive senescence in comparative context / Erwin, J.M ; Hof, P.R. -- Aging in wild female lemurs: sustained fertility with increased infant mortality / Wright, P. ... [et al.] -- Reproduction and aging in marmosets and tamarins / Tardif, S.D. ... [et al.] -- Aging Cebidae / Williams, L. -- Heterogeneity of reproductive aging in free-ranging female rhesus macaques / Johnson, R.L. ; Kapsalis, E. -- Reproductive and behavioral characteristics of aging in female Asian colobines / Borries, C. ; Koenig, A. -- Reproductive aging in female chimpanzees (Pan troglodytes) / Videan, E.N. ... [et al.] -- Perimenopause and menopause: documenting life changes in aging female gorillas / Atsalis, S. ; Margulis, S.W. -- Reproductive life history traits of female orangutans (Pongo spp.) / Shumaker, R.W. ; Wich, S.A. ; Perkins, L. -- Origins and health consequences of stress-induced ovarian dysfunction / Kaplan, J.R. -- Primate reproductive aging: from lemurs to humans / Atsalis, S. ; Margulis, S.W.Also available: Print – 2008
- 2014 SpringerGarg, Sudhi Ranjan.Rabies is the deadliest zoonotic disease that threatens humans and animals on all continents except Antarctica. Asia and Africa are worst affected as more than 95 per cent of rabies associated human deaths occur in these regions. India alone bears about 36 per cent of the global human rabies burden. Dogs are the main transmitters of rabies that potentially threaten over 3 billion people in Asia and Africa. Many developed nations have been able to successfully control dog rabies but continue to face the risk from wildlife including bats.
- 2006 ScienceDirectBarrett, T.; Pastoret, Paul-Pierre; Taylor, W. P.
- 2014 ScienceDirectJohnson, Nicholas.A short introduction to disease emergence / Nicholas Johnson -- Patterns of foot-and-mouth disease virus distribution in Africa / Miriam B. Casey [and eleven others] -- Paroviruses of carnivores / Andrew B. Allison and Colin R. Parrish -- Rabies / Conrad Freuling [and four others] -- Lassa fever / Elisabeth Fichet-Calvet -- Henipaviruses / Glenn A. Marsh and Lin-Fa Wang -- The role of birds in the spread of West Nile virus / Paul Gale and Nicholas Johnson -- Rift Valley fever virus / Janusz T. Paweska and Petrus Jansen van Vuren -- From simian to human immunodeficiency viruses (SIV to HIV) / Denis M. Tebit and Eric J. Arts -- Hantavirus emergence in rodents, insectivores and bats / Mathias Schlegel [and four others] -- Nipah virus / David T.S. Hayman and Nicholas Johnson -- Synthesis / Philip R. Wakeley, Sarah North and Nicholas Johnson.
- An online journal and ebook service of the Thieme Publishing Group. The ebook package is also called Thieme Clinical Collections.
- 2016 Springer ProtocolsBrun, Alejandro.Vaccines and vaccination for veterinary viral diseases : a general overview / Alejandro Brun -- Using IC-tagging methodology for production and purification of epitope-loaded protein microspheres for vaccination / Natalia Barreiro- Piñeiro ... [et al.] -- Plant-based vaccine antigen production / Hoang Trong Phan and Udo Conrad -- DNA vaccines : experiences in the swine model / Francesc Accensi, Fernando Rodríguez, and Paula L. Monteagudo -- Novel adjuvants and immunomodulators for veterinary vaccines / Peter M.H. Heegaard, Yongxiang Fang, and Gregers Jungersen -- Polymerase mechanism-based method of viral attenuation / Cheri A. Lee ... [et al.] -- BacMam platform for vaccine antigen delivery / Günther M. Keil ... [et al.] -- Laboratory-scale production of replication-deficient adenovirus vectored vaccines / Susan J. Morris ... [et al.] -- Generation of recombinant modified vaccinia virus ankara encoding VP2, NS1, and VP7 proteins of bluetongue virus / Alejandro Marín- López and Javier Ortego -- Generation of recombinant capripoxvirus vectors for vaccines and gene knockout function studies / Hani Boshra, Jingxin Cao, and Shawn Babiuk -- Recombinant swinepox virus for veterinary vaccine development / Hong-Jie Fan and Hui-Xing Lin -- Generation and selection of Orf virus (ORFV) recombinants / Hanns-Joachim Rziha, Jörg Rohde, and Ralf Amann -- Polycistronic herpesvirus amplicon vectors for veterinary vaccine development / Anita Felicitas Meier, Andrea Sara Laimbacher, and Mathias Ackermann -- Construction and application of newcastle disease virus-based vector vaccines / Paul J. Wichgers Schreur -- Chimeric pestivirus experimental vaccines / Ilona Reimann, Sandra Blome, and Martin Beer -- Analysis of the cellular immune responses to vaccines / Nicholas Svitek ... [et al.].
- 2015 Springer ProtocolsCunha, Monica V.; Inácio, João.
- 2008 SpringerRushen, Jeffrey.Introduction: what is animal welfare? -- Health, disease, and productivity -- Stress and physiological indicators of animal welfare -- Animal behaviour -- Acute or short-term challenges to animal welfare -- Housing for adult cattle -- Housing for growing animals -- Feeding and nutrition -- Stockmanship and the interactions between people and cattle -- Conclusions.
- 2008 SpringerDwyer, Cathy M.
- Wildlife and emerging zoonotic diseases : the biology, circumstances, and consequences of cross-species transmission2007 SpringerChilds, James E.; Mackenzie, John S.; Richt, J. A.Also available: Print – 2007
- 2011 ScienceDirectDetrich, H. William; Westerfield, Monte; Zon, Leonard I.Zebrafish models of germ cell tumor / Joanie C. Neumann, Kate Lillard, Vanessa Damoulis, James F. Amatruda -- Dissecting mechanisms of myelinated axon formation using zebrafish / Tim Czopka, David A. Lyons -- In vivo analysis of white adipose tissue in zebrafish / James E.N. Minchin, John F. Rawls -- Study of host-microbe interactions in zebrafish / Kathryn Milligan-Myhre, Jeremy R. Charette, Ryan T. Phennicie, W. Zac Stephens, John F. Rawls, Karen Guillemin, Carol H. Kim -- Hematopoietic stem cell development : using the zebrafish to identify the signaling networks and physical forces regulating hematopoiesis / Wolfram Goessling, Trista E. North -- Zebrafish as a model for hemorrhagic stroke / Matthew G. Butler, Aniket V. Gore, Brant M. Weinstein -- A zebrafish model for VHL and hypoxia signaling / Ellen van Rooijen, Kirankumar Santhakumar, Ive Logister, Emile Voest, Stefan Schulte-Merker, Rachel Giles, Fredericus van Eeden -- Basement membrane diseases in zebrafish / Natália Martins Feitosa, Rebecca Richardson, Wilhelm Bloch, Matthias Hammerschmidt -- Zebrafish provides a novel model for lymphatic vascular research / Terhi Karpanen, Stefan Schulte-Merker -- Not all bones are created equal : using zebrafish and other teleost species in osteogenesis research / Alexander Apschner, Stefan Schulte-Merker, P. Eckhard Witten -- Zebrafish assays of ciliopathies / Norann A. Zaghloul, Nicholas Katsanis -- Infectious disease modeling and innate immune function in zebrafish embryos / Chao Cui, Erica L. Benard, Zakia Kanwal, Oliver W. Stockhammer, Michiel van der Vaart, Anna Zakrzewska, Herman P. Spaink, Annemarie H. Meijer -- Zebrafish as a model for the study of human cancer / Julia Etchin, John P. Kanki, A. Thomas Look -- Generating and analyzing fish models of melanoma / E. Elizabeth Patton, Marie E. Mathers, Manfred Schartl -- Screening pancreatic oncogenes in zebrafish using the Gal14/UAS system / Shu Liu, Steven D. Leach -- Zebrafish models of rhabdomysarcoma / Eleanor Y. Chen, David M. Langenau -- Transplantation in zebrafish / Pulin Li, Richard M. White, Leonard I. Zon -- Disease modeling by gene targeting using microRNAs / C.-C. Lan, I.U.S. Leong, D. Lai, D.R. Love -- Fluorescent imaging of cancer in zebrafish / Myron S. Ignatius, David M. Langenau -- The role of Fanconi anemia/BRCA genes in zebrafish sex determination / Adriana Rodríguez-Marí, John H. Postlethwait -- Chemical screening in zebrafish for novel biological and therapeutic discovery / Justin L. Tan, Leonard I. Zon -- Using the zebrafish photomotor response for psychotropic drug screening / David Kokel, Randall T. Peterson -- Designing zebrafish chemical screens / Randall T. Peterson, Mark C. Fishman.
- 2011 ScienceDirectDetrich, H. William; Westerfield, Monte; Zon, Leonard I.Pt.1 Forward and reverse genetics : Generating conditional mutations in zebrafish using gene-trap mutagenesis / Lisette A. Maddison, Jianjun Lu, Wenbiao Chen -- Tol2-mediated transgenesis, gene trapping, enhancer trapping, and the Gal4-UAS system / Gembu Abe, Maximilliano L. Suster, Koichi Kawakami -- Engineering zinc finger nucleases for targeted mutagenesis of zebrafish / Jeffry D. Sander, J.-R. Joanna Yeh, Randall T. Peterson, J. Keith Joung -- Retroviral-mediated insertional mutagenesis in zebrafish / Adam Amsterdam, Gaurav Kumar Varshney, Shawn Michael Burgess -- Genetic screens for mutations affecting adult traits and parental-effect genes / Francisco Pelegri, Mary C. Mullins -- High-throughput target-selected gene inactivation in zebrafish / Ross N.W. Kettleborough, Ewart de Bruijn, Freek van Eeden, Edwin Cuppen, Derek L. Stemple -- Genetic suppressor screens in haploids / Xiaoying Bai, Zhongan Yang, Hong Jiang, Shuo Lin, Leonard I. Zon -- Transgenic zebrafish using transposable elements / Karl J. Clark, Mark D. Urban, Kimberly J. Skuster, Stephen C. Ekker -- Spatiotemporal control of embryonic gene expression using caged morpholinos / Ilya A. Shestopalov, James K. Chen -- Pt.2 Transgenesis : Advanced zebrafish transgenesis with Tol2 and application for Cre/lox recombination experiments / Christian Mosimann, Leonard I. Zion -- Use of phage PhiC31 integrase as a tool for zebrafish genome manipulation / James A. Lister -- Method for somatic cell nuclear transfer in zebrafish / Kannika Siripattarapravat, Jose B. Cibelli -- Pt.3 The zebrafish genome and mapping technologies : Single nucleotide polymorphism (SNP) panels for rapid positional cloning in zebrafish / Matthew D. Clark, Victor Guryev, Ewart de Bruijn, Isaac J. Nijman, Masazumi Tada, Catherine Wilson, Panos Deloukas, John H. Postlethwait, Edwin Cuppen, Derek L. Stemple -- Molecular cytogenetic methodologies and a BAC probe panel resource for genomic analyses in the zebrafish / Kimberly P. Dobrinski, Kim H. Brown, Jennifer L. Freeman, Charles Lee -- Conserved synteny and the zebrafish genome / Julian M. Catchen, Ingo Braasch, John H. Postlethwait -- The zon laboratory guide to positional cloning in zebrafish / Yi Zhou, Leonard I. Zon -- Pt.4 Informatics and comparative genomics : Data extraction, transformation, and dissemination through ZFIN / Douglas G. Howe, Ken Frazer, David Fashena, Leyla Ruzicka, Yvonne Bradford, Sridhar Ramachandran, Barbara J. Ruef, Ceri Van Slyke, Amy Singer, Monte Westerfield -- DNA methylation profiling in zebrafish / Shan-Fu Wu, Haiying Zhang, Saher Sue Hammond, Magdalena Potok, David A. Nix, David A. Jones, Bradley R. Cairns -- Chromatin immunoprecipitation in adult zebrafish red cells / Eirini Trompouki, Teresa Venezia Bowman, Anthony DiBiase, Yi Zhou, Leonard I. Zon -- Discerning different in vivo roles of microRNAs by experimental approaches in zebrafish / Luke Pase, Graham J. Lieschke -- Sequencing-based expression profiling in zebrafish / Jin Liang, Gabriel Renaud, Shawn M. Burgess -- Chromatin modification in zebrafish development / Jordi Cayuso Mas, Emily S. Noël, Elke A. Ober -- Pt.5 Infrastructure : Advances in zebrafish husbandry and management / Christian Lawrence -- Aquaculture and husbandry at the Zebrafish International Resource Center / Zoltán M. Varga.
- 2010 ScienceDirectDetrich, H. William; Westerfield, Monte; Zon, Leonard I.Part I. Cellular Biology -- Chapter 1. Analyzing Retinal Axon Guidance in Zebrafish / Fabienne E. Poulain, John A. Gaynes, Cornelia Stacher Hörndli, Mei-Yee Law, Chi-Bin Chien -- Chapter 2. Imaging Blood Vessels in the Zebrafish / Makoto Kamei, Sumio Isogai, Weijun Pan, Brant M. Weinstein -- Chapter 3. Medaka Haploid Embryonic Stem Cells / Yunhan Hong -- Part II. Developmental and Neural Biology -- Chapter 4. Neurogenesis / Prisca Chapouton, Leanne Godinho -- Chapter 5. Studying Peripheral Sympathetic Nervous System Development and Neuroblastoma in Zebrafish / Rodney A. Stewart, Jeong-Soo Lee, Martina Lachnit, A. Thomas Look, John P. Kanki, Paul D. Henion -- Chapter 6. Analysis of the Retina in the Zebrafish Model / Andrei Avanesov, Jarema Malicki -- Chapter 7. Photoreceptor Structure and Development: Analyses using GFP Transgenes / Brian D. Perkins, James M. Fadool -- Chapter 8. Physiological Recordings from Zebrafish Lateral-Line Hair Cells and Afferent Neurons / Josef G. Trapani, Teresa Nicolson -- Chapter 9. Zebrafish Kidney Development / Iain A. Drummond, Alan J. Davidson -- Chapter 10. Molecular Regulation of Pancreas Development in Zebrafish / Robin A. Kimmel, Dirk Meyer -- Chapter 11. Monitoring Sleep and Arousal in Zebrafish / Jason Rihel, David A. Prober, Alexander F. Schier -- Chapter 12. Use of Flatbed Transparency Scanners in Zebrafish Research: Versatile and Economical Adjuncts to Traditional Imaging Tools for the Danio rerio Laboratory / Charles A. Lessman, Michael R. Taylor, Wilda Orisme, Ethan A. Carver.
- 2011 Springer ProtocolsCachat, Jonathan M.; Kalueff, Allan V.Video-Aided Analysis of Zebrafish Locomotion and Anxiety-Related Behavioral Responses / Jonathan M. Cachat, Peter R. Canavello, Salem I. Elkhayat, Brett K. Bartels, Peter C. Hart, Marco F. Elegante, Esther C. Beeson, Autumn L. Laffoon, Whitlee A.M. Haymore, David H. Tien, Anna K. Tien, Sopan Mohnot, Allan V. Kalueff -- Videograms: A Method for Repeatable Unbiased Quantitative Behavioral Analysis Without Scoring or Tracking / Russell C. Wyeth, Oliver R. Braubach, Alan Fine, Roger P. Croll -- Automated Imaging of Avoidance Behavior in Larval Zebrafish / Ruth M. Colwill, Robbert Creton -- Quantifying Anti-predator Responses to Chemical Alarm Cues / Brian D. Wisenden -- Modified Associative Learning T-Maze Test for Zebrafish (Danio rerio) and Other Small Teleost Fish / Georgianna G. Gould -- Zebrafish Conditioned Place Preference Models of Drug Reinforcement and Relapse to Drug Seeking / Amit Parmar, Miral Parmar, Caroline H. Brennan -- A Simple and Effective Method to Condition Olfactory Behaviors in Groups of Zebrafish / Oliver R. Braubach, Russell C. Wyeth, Andrew Murray, Alan Fine, Roger P. Croll -- Aquatic Light/Dark Plus Maze Novel Environment for Assessing Anxious Versus Exploratory Behavior in Zebrafish (Danio rerio) and Other Small Teleost Fish / Georgianna G. Gould -- A Novel Test Battery to Assess Drug-Induced Changes in Zebrafish Social Behavior / David J. Echevarria, Christine Buske, Christina N. Toms, David J. Jouandot -- Measuring Agonistic Behavior in Zebrafish / Henning Schneider -- Measuring Endocrine (Cortisol) Responses of Zebrafish to Stress / Peter R. Canavello, Jonathan M. Cachat, Esther C. Beeson, Autumn L. Laffoon, Chelsea Grimes, Whitlee A.M. Haymore, Marco F. Elegante, Brett K. Bartels, Peter C. Hart, Salem I. Elkhayat, David H. Tien, Sopan Mohnot, Hakima Amri, Allan V. Kalueff -- Phenotyping of Zebrafish Homebase Behaviors in Novelty-Based Tests / Adam Stewart, Jonathan M. Cachat, Keith Wong, Nadine Wu, Leah Grossman, Christopher Suciu, Jason Goodspeed, Marco F. Elegante, Brett K. Bartels, Salem I. Elkhayat, David H. Tien, Siddharth Gaikwad, Ferdous Kadri, Kyung Min Chung, Julia Tan, Ashley Denmark, Thomas Gilder, John DiLeo, Katie Chang, Kevin Frank, Eli Utterback, Patrick Viviano, Allan V. Kalueff -- Neurophenotyping of Adult Zebrafish Using the Light/Dark Box Paradigm / Adam Stewart, Caio Maximino, Thiago Marques de Brito, Anderson Manoel Herculano, Amauri Gouveia, Silvio Morato, Jonathan M. Cachat, Siddharth Gaikwad, Marco F. Elegante, Peter C. Hart, Allan V. Kalueff -- Intraperitoneal Injection as a Method of Psychotropic Drug Delivery in Adult Zebrafish / Adam Stewart, Jonathan M. Cachat, Christopher Suciu, Peter C. Hart, Siddharth Gaikwad, Eli Utterback, John DiLeo, Allan V. Kalueff -- Assessing the Maximum Predictive Validity for Neuropharmacological Anxiety Screening Assays Using Zebrafish / Amanda Linker, Adam Stewart, Siddharth Gaikwad, Jonathan M. Cachat, Marco F. Elegante, Allan V. Kalueff, Jason E. Warnick -- Deconstructing Adult Zebrafish Behavior with Swim Trace Visualizations / Jonathan M. Cachat, Adam Stewart, Eli Utterback, Evan Kyzar, Peter C. Hart, Dillon Carlos, Siddharth Gaikwad, Molly Hook, Kathryn Rhymes, Allan V. Kalueff.
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- AAP Red Book Online
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Sabiston Textbook of Surgery
- Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics
- Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics
- Mandell, Douglas, & Bennett's Principles & Practice of Infectious Diseases
- Red Book Online
- ICU Book
- Primary Care Medicine
- Campbell-Walsh Urology
Access restricted to Stanford community
Shortcut to Licensed Content
TO INSTALL, DRAG THIS BUTTON to your browser Bookmarks or Tools Bar.
Bookmark on Other Websites
- TO INSTALL, RIGHT CLICK this button.
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
- Once installed it will look like this
- Click "Bookmark on Lane" to bookmark any webpage
- Your saved bookmark will appear on this page
Can't find it?
Look if we have it in print
- Springer Protocols
- Lange Series
- National Academy Press
- NCBI Bookshelf
- Thieme Atlases
A repository of medical knowledge from internal medicine, cardiology, genetics, pharmacy, diagnosis and management, basic sciences, patient care, and more.
Continuously expanding, all databases in the repository contain the latest editions of selected medical titles.MicroMedex: Premier pharmaceutical information source containing multiple databases and drug reference tools. Of particular value is DRUGDEX Evaluations, one of the most comprehensive drug sources available.DynaMed is a clinical information resource used by physicians to answer clinical questions quickly and easily at the point of care. Topics are updated daily as new evidence becomes available.Scopus is the largest abstract and citation database of peer-reviewed literature: scientific journals, books and conference proceedings.A drug information resource containing: American Hospital Formulary System (AHFS), drug formulary for Lucile Packard Children's Hospital (LPCH) and Stanford Hospital & Clinics (SHC), Lexi-Drugs (adverse reactions, dosage and administration, mechanism of action, storage, use, and administration information), Lexi-Calc, Lexi-ID, Lexi-I.V. Compatibility (King Guide), Lexi-Interact, and Lexi-PALS.Cumulative Index to Nursing and Allied Health Literature (CINAHL) contains coverage of nursing and allied health literature.A knowledge database that provides access to topic reviews based on over 6000 clinically relevant articles. The evidence-based content, updated regularly, provides the latest practice guidelines in 59 medical specialtiesProvides critical assessments of systematic reviews compiled from a variety of medical journals.Selects from the biomedical literature original studies and systematic reviews that are immediately clinically relevant and then summarizes these articles in an enhanced abstract with expert commentary.
Multidisciplinary coverage of over 10,000 high-impact journals in the sciences, social sciences, and arts and humanities, as well as international proceedings coverage for over 120,000 conferences.
Includes cited reference searching, citation maps, and an analyze tool.
Features systematic reviews that summarize the effects of interventions and makes a determination whether the intervention is efficacious or not.
Cochrane reviews are created through a strict process of compiling and analyzing data from multiple randomized control trials to ensure comprehensiveness and reliability.Provides systematic coverage of the psychological literature from the 1800s to the present through articles, book chapters and dissertations.BMJ Clinical Evidence. A clinical information tool built around systematic reviews summarizing the current state of knowledge about prevention and treatment of clinical conditions.PIER (Physicians' Information and Education Resource) is a Web-based decision-support tool designed for rapid point-of-care delivery of up-to-date, evidence-based guidance for primary care physicians.Cochrane Central Register of Controlled Trials (CENTRAL) provides access to 300,000 controlled trials that have been identified the Cochrane Collaboration.Provides drug information targeted for patients.A continually updating drug monograph.The National Guideline Clearinghouse (NGC): A comprehensive database of evidence-based clinical practice guidelines and related documents.MedlinePlus: A repository of health information from the National Library of Medicine. Links are from trusted sites. No advertising, no endorsement of commercial companies or productsLPCH CareNotes via MicroMedex: Patient education handouts customized by LPCH clinical staffMicromedex Lab Advisor: Evidence based laboratory test informationA drug database organized by generic name, trade name and drug class.LPCH / Stanford Hospital Formulary.A goldmine of trusted consumer health information from the world's largest medical library.A trusted source of expert advice for and about kids, providing the information necessary to help patients and parents understand their unique needs.Provides patient handouts from the American Academy of Family Physician.Access to the Stanford Health Library for patients.Lane provides access to over 5,000 eBooks many of which provide helpful background material that will prepare you to better tackle primary literature.
Largest, broadest eBook package; covers all sciences, as well as technology (including software), medicine, and humanities.
In addition to covering Wiley and Springer, MyiLibrary is also the only provider for Oxford and Cambridge University Press titles. No seat restrictions.A collection of biomedical books that can be searched directly by concept, and linked to terms in PubMed abstracts.
A web-based, decision support system for infectious diseases, epidemiology, microbiology and antimicrobial chemotherapy. The database, updated weekly, currently includes 337 diseases, 224 countries, 1,147 microbial taxa and 306 antibacterial (-fungal, -parasitic, -viral) agents and vaccines.
Over 10,000 notes outline the status of specific infections within each country.
Provides online, full-text access to Springer's journal titles as well as journals from other publishers.
Subjects include: life sciences, chemical sciences, environmental sciences, geosciences, computer science, mathematics, medicine, physics and astronomy, engineering and economics. Also includes eBooks.Collection of over 8 thousand fulltext titles in engineering, math, and basic and applied biomedical research. Coverage is from 1967 to the present.A library of ebooks on a wide array of topics, digitized and made available online in conjunction with the original publishers.