Books by Subject
- Adrenomedullin in cardiovascular dise...
- — Hemodynamics and cardiology. 2nd ed. ...
- Hemostasis and thrombosis. 6th ed. .....
- — Vascular complications in human disea...
- Vascular dementia ......................
- — Visceral vascular manipulations ........
- Adrenomedullin in cardiovascular disease 2005, Springer
- Advances in vascular medicine 2010, Springer
- AHA clinical cardiac consult. 2nd ed. 2007, Ovid
- AHA clinical cardiac consult. 3rd ed. / 2011, Ovid
- Angiogenesis 2007, CRCnetBASE
- Angiogenesis -- in vitro systems 2008, ScienceDirect
- Angiogenesis -- in vivo systems. Part A-B v.1-2, 2008., ScienceDirectpt. B, 2008 ScienceDirect
- Aortic aneurysms 2009, Springer
- Applications of biotechnology in cardiovascular therapeutics 2011, Springer
- Atherosclerosis 2005, Springer
- Atherosclerosis and oxidant stress 2008, Springer
- Atherosclerosis disease management 2011, Springer
- Atlas of atherosclerosis and metabolic syndrome. 5th ed. 2011, Springer
- Atlas of heart disease and stroke 2004, WHO
- Atlas of vascular anatomy. 2nd ed. 2007, OvidThe fetal circulation -- Arteries of the head and neck -- Veins of the head and neck -- Lymphatic system of the head and neck -- Arteries of the spinal cord and spine -- Veins of the spinal cord and spine -- Thoracic aorta and arteries of the trunk -- Veins of the thorax -- Lymphatic system of the thorax -- Pulmonary arterial circulation -- Pulmonary venous circulation -- Pulmonary and thoracic lymphatic system -- Heart and coronary arteries -- Cardiac veins -- Arteries of the upper extremity -- Veins of the upper extremity -- Lymphatic drainage of the upper extremity -- Abdominal aorta and branches -- Arteries of the pelvis -- Veins of the abdomen and pelvis -- Lymphatic system of the abdomen and pelvis -- Arteries of the lower extremity -- Veins of the lower extremity -- Lymphatic system of the lower extremity.
- Beta-blockade across the cardiovascular continuum 2009, HighWire
- Biochemistry of atherosclerosis 2006, Springer
- Brain, stroke, and kidney 2013, KargerCerebral interaction and stroke / Toyoda, K. -- Inhibition of the renin-angiotensin-aldosterone system for cerebrorenal protection / Lambers Heerspink, H.J. -- Obesity and heart failure as a mediator of the cerebrorenal interaction / Jindal, A., Whaley-Connell, A., Sowers, J.R. -- Subclinical cerebral abnormalities in chronic kidney disease / Yao, H. ... [et al.] -- Carotid atherosclerosis in kidney disease / Kokubo, Y. -- Kidney disease and cognitive function / Elias, M.F., Dore, G.A., Davey, A. -- Risk of stroke in kidney disease / Ninomiya, T. -- Role of 24-hour blood pressure management in preventing kidney disease and stroke / Nagai, M., Hoshide, S., Kario, K. -- Preventing stroke and systemic embolism in renal patients with atrial fibrillation : focus on anticoagulation / Ahmad, Y., Lip, G.Y.H. -- Stroke features and management in patients with chronic kidney disease / Kamouchi, M. -- Stroke feature and management in dialysis patients / Iseki, K. -- Thrombolysis and hyperacute reperfusion therapy for stroke in renal patients / Hirano, T. -- Antiplatelet therapy for preventing stroke in patients with chronic kidney disease / Kim, S.J., Bang, O.Y.
- Braunwald's Heart disease. 8th ed. v. 1-2, 2008.Print Material
- Braunwald's Heart disease. 9th ed. 2012, MD Consult
- Cancer metastasis and the lymphovascular system 2007, Springer
- Cardiac lymphatic system 2013, SpringerAnatomy of the Cardiac Lymphatic System.A General Outline of the Cardiac Lymphatic System /Marios Loukas, Sameer Shah, Shivayogi Bhusnurmath, Bharti Shivayogi Bhusnurmath --Development and Patterning of the Cardiac Lymphatic Network /Jörg Wilting, Jörg Männer --The Cardiac Lymphatics and Heart Disease.The Link Between Lymphatic Obstruction and Congenital Heart Disease /Manish Bansal --The Role of Lymphatics in Atherogenesis, Myocardial Infarction, Congestive Heart Failure, and Cardiac Transplantation /Shin Lin, Stanley G. Rockson --The Lymphatics in Normal and Pathological Heart Valves /Ivana Kholová, Galina Dragneva, Seppo Ylä-Herttuala --Therapeutic Applications Targeting the Cardiac Lymphatics in Heart Disease /Jae-Hyeong Park, Jin-Ok Jeong --Imaging the Lymphatic System in Heart Transplantation and Its Immunological Implications /Kathryn Brown, Lindsey A. Edwards, Wilson Wong --Cardiac Lymphatic Signaling.Tie Receptor Signaling in Cardiac Lymphangiogenesis /Xianghu Qu, H. Scott Baldwin --VEGF Receptor Signaling in the Cardiac Lymphatics /Alexey Dashkevich, Karl B. Lemström, Antti I. Nykänen --Hypoxia and the Cardiac Lymphatic System /Todd R. Wuest, P. Charles Lin --The Potential of the Epicardium to Act as a Source of Lymphatic Cells /Linda Klotz, Paul Riley.
- Cardio-thoracic, vascular, renal and transplant surgery 2014, SpringerWritten by "internationally acclaimed" specialists, Cardio-Thoracic, Vascular, Renal and Transplant Surgery provides pertinent and concise procedure descriptions spanning benign and malignant problems and minimally invasive procedures. Complications are reviewed when appropriate for the organ system and problem, creating a book that is both comprehensive and accessible. Stages of operative approaches with relevant technical considerations are outlined in an easily understandable manner. Forming part of the series, Surgery: Complications, Risks and Consequences, this volume Cardio-Thoracic, Vascular, Renal and Transplant Surgery provides a valuable resource for all general surgeons and residents in training. Other healthcare providers will also find this a useful resource.
- Cardiology in family practice 2006, SpringerAcute coronary syndromes -- Arrhythmias -- Prevention of bacterial endocarditis -- Congestive heart failure -- Hyperlipidemia -- Hypertension -- Pericardial diseases -- Stable angina -- Valvular disease.
- Cardiorenal syndrome 2010, SpringerChronic kidney disease with a worldwide prevalence of 10% in the general population is emerging as a major public health priority. Renal dysfunction is associated with a high risk for cardiovascular complications. The relationship between renal insufficiency and cardiovascular disease, termed the cardiorenal syndrome exists whether impairment of renal function is a consequence of primary renal parenchymal disease or primary heart disease. This book provides a comprehensive update analysis of our current understanding of the cardiorenal syndrome including epidemiology pathophysiologic mechanism.
- Cardiovascular CT and MR imaging 2013, SpringerThe availability and diffusion of high-performance technologies has strengthened the role of CT angiography and MR angiography as simple, reliable techniques for the characterization and treatment planning of the principal diseases of the cardiovascular system, an understanding of which has become essential for all radiologists. The aim of this book is to provide concise but thorough information and guidance on the main methods and examination techniques used when performing high-quality CT angiography and MR angiography studies in a broad range of clinical settings. The lucid text is supported by a large number of case studies and is rich in advice on image interpretation and practical suggestions for the evaluation and reporting of the examinations. Importantly, a central feature is detailed comparison of the advantages and limitations of the two techniques in various diseases and vascular regions; the book will therefore enable both trainee and expert radiologists to understand their indications and to select the most appropriate technique in different contexts.
- Cardiovascular disease v. 1-2, 2006., Springer Protocolsv. 2, 2006 Springer Protocolsv. 1. Genetics -- v. 2. Molecular medicine.
- Cardiovascular disease in AIDS 2005, Springer
- Cardiovascular disease in AIDS. 2nd ed. 2009, Springer
- Cardiovascular disease in racial and ethnic minorities 2009, SpringerCardiovascular disease in racial/ethnic minorities: overview and perspectives -- Epidemiology of cardiovascular diseases and risk factors among racial/ethnic populations -- Unmasking racial/ethnic disparities in cardiovascular disease: nutritional, socioeconomic, cultural, and health-care-related contributions -- Race and genetics -- Race, genetics and cardiovascular disease -- Hypertension and stroke in racial/ethnic groups -- Dyslipidemia in racial/ethnic groups -- Novel & emerging risk factors in racial/ethnic groups -- Weight loss interventions to control blood pressure in an increasingly overweight, multi-ethnic society -- Obesity and the cardiometabolic syndrome: impact on chronic kidney disease and CVD -- Risk calculation and clustering within racial/ethnic groups -- Cardiovascular imaging in racial/ethinc populations: implications for the adequate application of cardiovascular imaging techniques guided by racial/ethnical risk factor variations -- Unique aspects of vascular and cardiac ultrasound in racial/ethnical groups -- Heart failure in racial/ethnic group -- Minority women and cardiovascular disease.
- Cardiovascular disease in the elderly 2005, SpringerAging of the heart and arteries : relevance to cardiovascular disease / Samer S. Najjar and Edward G. Lakatta -- Frailty : keystone in the bridge between geriatrics and cardiology / William Russell Hazzard -- Cardiovascular risk factors in the elderly : evaluation and intervention / Susan J. Zieman and Beth R. Malasky -- Stable coronary artery disease in the elderly / Beth R. Malasky and Joseph S. Alpert -- Age and mortality and morbidity in ST-segment elevation myocardial infarction / Steven P. Schulman and Gary Gerstenblith -- Unstable angina/non-ST-elevation myocardial infarction in the elderly / Stephen D. Wiviott and Christopher P. Cannon -- Percutaneous coronary intervention in the elderly / Michael J. McWilliams and Eric J. Topol -- Cardiac surgery in the elderly / David D. Yuh and William A. Baumgartner -- Heart failure in the elderly / Michael W. Rich -- Valvular heart disease in the elderly / Milind Y. Desai and Gary Gerstenblith -- Arrhythmia management in the elderly / Jonathan P. Piccini and Hugh Calkins -- Peripheral arterial disease in the elderly / Emile R. Mohler III and William R. Hiatt -- Cardiac rehabilitation in older cardiac patients / Philip A. Ades -- Clinical pharmacology / Janice B. Schwartz -- Medical treatment of the cardiac patient approaching the end of life / Lofty L. Basta, W. Daniel Doty, and Michael D.D. Geldart.
- Cardiovascular English 2008, Springer
- Cardiovascular genomics 2005, SpringerAngiotensin II receptor polymorphisms and hypertension / Bruno Baudin -- Angiotensinogen gene polymorphisms and hypertension / Ashok Kumar -- Substitution mapping: using congenic strains to detect genes controlling blood pressure / Bina Joe and Michael R. Garrett -- Local production of angiotensinogen: insights from genetic manipulation of mice / Kamal Rahmouni and Curt D. Sigmund -- Cardiovascular pharmacogenomics / Julie A. Johnson and Larisa H. Cavallari -- Genetic polymorphisms and responses to HMG-CoA, reductase inhibitors / Anke-Hilse Maitland-van der Zee, Olaf H. Klungel, and Anthonius de Boer -- Monogenic causes of heart failure: familial dilated cardiomyopathy / Hideko Kasahara -- Gene therapy vs. pharmacotherapy / Ryuichi Morishita -- Molecular therapeutic approaches for myocardial protection / Alok S. Pachori, Luis G. Melo, and Victor J. Dzau -- Gene transfer and the cardiovascular system / William H. Miller ... [et al.] -- Kallikrein gene transfer in hypertension, cardiovascular and renal disease, and stroke / Julie Chao and Lee Chao -- Current and future novel targets of gene therapy for hypertension / Michael J. Katovich, Justin L. Grobe, and Mohan K. Raizada -- Application of viral gene transfer in studies of neurogenic hypertension / Sergey Kasparov, A.G. Teschemacher, and Julian F.R. Paton -- Vigilant vectors: intelligent gene vectors for cardioprotection in myocardial ischemia / M. Ian Phillips and Yi Tang -- Gene therapy for cerebral arterial diseases / Yoshimasa Watanabe and Donald D. Heistad -- Therapeutic angiogenesis and vasculogenesis for tissue regeneration / Paolo Madeddu -- Cell transplantation: the new frontier / Shafie Fazel ... [et al.] -- Embryonic stem cells and the cardiovascular system / Neta Lavon and Nissim Benvenisty.
- Cardiovascular hemodynamics 2013, SpringerA basic understanding of cardiovascular physiology is essential for optimal patient care. This practical book provides a concise tutorial of all the essential aspects of cardiovascular hemodynamics and the techniques used to assess cardiovascular performance. A high-yield reference, this book is replete with figures, tracings, tables, and clinical pearls that reinforce the basic tenets of hemodynamics. From identifying key findings of the patient history and physical exam to correlating hemodynamic tracings with acute clinical presentations, this book arms the reader with the tools necessary to handle any hemodynamic-related situation.
- Cardiovascular magnetic resonance imaging 2007, Springer
- Cardiovascular medicine. 3rd ed. 2007, Springer
- Cardiovascular MR manual 2011, SpringerWhat's inside the magnet and why? -- The MRI environment -- Protons and spins: the origin of the MRI signal -- Generating a signal: RF pulses and echoes -- Relaxation times, gradient echoes, and spin echoes -- Making an image: locating and encoding signals in space -- Image space and k-space -- Imaging parameters and image attributes -- Improving SNR with surface coils and array coils -- Pulse sequences and image contrast -- Gradient echo versus spin echo -- Black blood versus bright blood imaging -- Dealing with cardiac motion: how do we image the beating heart? -- Dealing with respiratory motion -- Fast imaging: how do we speed up the image acquisition? -- Special pulse sequences for cardiac imaging -- Common artifacts -- The basics of a CMR study -- Components of CMR protocols -- Anatomy of CMR -- The CMR report -- Diseases of the aorta -- Cardiomyopathies -- Pericardial disease -- Cardiac masses -- Valvular heart disease -- Ischemic heart disease -- Basic adult congenital heart disease (ACHD) -- Pulmonary vein assessment -- Interventional cardiovascular magnetic resonance imaging.
- Cardiovascular MRI in congenital heart disease 2010, Springer
- Cardiovascular pediatric critical illness and injury 2009, Springer
- Cardiovascular research 2006, Springer
- Cardiovascular surgery 2007 2008, HighWire
- Cardiovascular system 2002, Cold Spring Harb Lab PressDevelopment of the cardiovascular system -- Transcription factors in cardiovascular development -- Vascular biology -- Tumor angiogenesis -- Genetics and genomics of the cardiovascular system -- Regulation of the heart -- Heart disease and failure -- Hypertension, atherosclerosis, and lipid homeostasis -- Repairing the cardiovascular system -- Author index -- Subject index.
- Carotid artery stenting 2009, Springer
- Catheter-based cardiovascular interventions 2013, SpringerOperator skills, and in particular decision-making and strategic skills, are the most critical factor for the outcome of catheter-based cardiovascular interventions. Currently, such skills are commonly developed by the empirical trial and error method only. In this textbook, for the first time, an explicit teaching, training, and learning approach is set out that will enable interventional operators, whether cardiologists, vascular surgeons, vascular specialists, or radiologists, to learn about and to develop the cognitive skills required in order to achieve consistent expert-level catheter-based interventions. It is anticipated that adoption of this approach will allow catheter-based interventions to become a domain of excellence, with rapid transfer of knowledge, steep learning curves, and highly efficient acquisition of complex skills by individual operators -- all of which are essential if we are to meet successfully the challenges of modern cardiovascular care embedded in highly competitive health care markets.
- Cell signaling in vascular inflammation 2005, SpringerHeme oxygenase-1 and carbon monoxide in vascular regulation / Stefan W. Ryter and Augustine M.K. Choi -- Tumor necrosis factor-[alpha]/receptor signaling through the Akt kinase / Osman Nidai Ozes ... [et al.] -- Protein modifications by nitric oxide and reactive nitrogen species / Harry Ischiropoulos -- Redox signaling in hypoxic pulmonary vasoconstriction / E. Kenneth Weir ... [et al.] -- cGMP-dependent protein kinase in regulation of the perinatal pulmonary circulation / Usha Raj ... [et al.] -- Glutamate receptor activation in the pathogenesis of acute leg injury / Sami I. Said -- Carboxyl methylation of small GTPases and endothelial cell function / Sharon Rounds, Elizabeth O. Harrington, and Qing Lu -- Pressure-induced inflammatory signaling in lung endothelial cells / Wolfgang M. Kuebler -- Regulation of endothelial barrier function: contributions of the transcellular and paracellular pathways / Dolly Mehta, Richard D. Minshall, and Asrar B. Malik -- Sphingolipid signaling: implications for vascular biology / Margaret M. Harnett -- Regulations of cytokine signaling / Bao Q. Vuong ... [et al.] -- Cell signaling by vasoactive agents / Barry L. Fanburg ... [et al.] -- Reactive oxygen species and cell signaling in lung ischemia / Aron B. Fisher --Pulmonary vascular barrier regulation by thrombin and Edg receptors / Jeffrey R. Jacobson and Joe G.N. Garcia -- Second-messenger signaling in lung capillaries / Kaushik Parthasarathi -- Plasma membrane-to-nucleus calcium signaling / Giles E. Hardingham -- Signaling by mitochondria / Navdeep S. Chandel -- Pro-inflammatory signaling by endothelial focal complexes in lung / Sunita Bhattacharya -- Hydrogen peroxide as intracellular messenger: production, target, and elimination / Sue Goo Rhee ... [et al.] -- Calcium-inhibited adenylyl cyclase (AC6) controls endothelial cell barrier function / Troy Stevens.
- Cell transplantation for myocardial repair 2006, HighWire
- Cerebral angiography. Second edition. [2nd ed.] 2014, SpringerThis revised and enlarged edition of Cerebral Angiography, which includes new angiographic studies and illustrative drawings, offers detailed guidance on diagnostic use of the procedure. The first part of the book describes the normal anatomy of the cerebral arteries and veins, with attention to morphological aspect, embryological development, function, and vascular territories. The intraorbital and extracranial vascularization is also considered. The reader will gain a sound knowledge of normal vascular anatomy and its variations that will serve as a basis for the correct interpretation of pathological processes and their clinical significance, as covered in the second part of the book. Among the pathologies considered are vascular abnormalities, including angiomas, fistulas and aneurysms; atherosclerotic and non-atherosclerotic stenosis and occlusion of the cerebral vessels; venous thrombosis; intraorbital and extracranial vascular malformations. Pathogenesis, morphological and dynamic aspects, responsible for clinical symptoms and influencing the therapy are described. While the emphasis throughout is on the diagnostic value of cerebral angiography, many examples of endovascular treatment in different pathological situations are also presented, with discussion of indications, risks and results.
- Cerebral vasospasm 2013, SpringerThe book contains 48 articles presented at the 11th International Conference on Cerebral Vasospasm held in Cincinnati, Ohio, USA, in July 2011. This collection of papers represents a cross-section of the enormous progress that has been made towards a thorough understanding and effective treatment of neurovascular events following aneurysmal subarachnoid hemorrhage, including cerebral vasospasm. It is of interest to clinicians who wish to apply state-of-the-art knowledge to their management of this devastating condition and to basic scientists wishing to expand their understanding of cerebrovascular and neural pathophysiology related to subarachnoid hemorrhage.
- Cerebral vasospasm 2008, Springer
- Changing aspects in stroke surgery 2008, Springer
- Through case presentations and a question and answer format, Clinical Decisions in Nephrology, Hypertension and Renal Transplantation provides a state of the art, updated reference for the optimal management of patients with diseases of the kidneys, and hypertension. This volume starts with the assessment of the patient, focusing on history and physical examination. Subsequently, cases depicting various clinical syndromes and/or diseases are presented, with questions centering on the appropriate diagnostic and treatment strategy. This sets the stage for a 'Socratic approach' to learning between the attending physician and the house staff or medical student.This is the only book featuring problem-oriented true to life clinical cases in this format to cover nephrology, hypertension and kidney transplantation. Written by renowned actively practicing clinicians, this unique reference is both comprehensive and concise and will be of great value to hospitalists and internists, as well as students, and interns/residents rotating in nephrology and internal medicine. Clinical practitioners, in the fields of critical care and hypertension specialists would also find this of value.
- Clinical review of vascular trauma 2014, SpringerCare of the vascular trauma patient is a unique undertaking that requires a cohesive, multidisciplinary approach from all the surgical subspecialties to be successful. This is the first textbook of its kind to bring together all prominent management strategies from each of the surgical subspecialties, creating a unified voice on the management of the vascular trauma patient.? The purpose of the book is to serve as a practical surgical reference for the diagnosis and management of traumatic vascular injuries. Management of common vascular injuries is examined from a general, trauma, vascular, orthopaedic, plastics, cardiothoracic, and neurosurgical perspective by respected experts from each of these fields. Each section has been edited by specialists in the other relevant disciplines to ensure that every chapter represents an evidence-based assessment of all of the surgical subspecialties. Some essential topics include ideal choices of incision, endovascular versus open surgery, and the order in which to repair complex orthopedic and vascular injuries. Supplementing the clear and concise text are dozens of surgical photographs, illustrations, tables, and charts that assist in conveying complex concepts in vascular trauma management. Insights from the multidisciplinary panel of authors and editors help to simplify complex decision-making and streamline the overall care for critically ill patients. The Clinical Review of Vascular Trauma will be essential reading for any healthcare professional involved in care of the trauma patient.
- Clinician's manual. 3rd ed. 2011, Springer
- Collateral circulation of the heart 2009, Springer
- Combination therapy in hypertension 2011, SpringerFor over 30 years, the stepped care approach has been used in the management and treatment of hypertension. This approach advocates the use of initial monotherapy to reach the desired blood pressure, and the subsequent use of additional drugs with complementary modes of action, until the target BP is achieved. However, current control rates for hypertension suggest that such an approach may be outdated and no longer effective in the management of hypertension. Clinical trials have shown that more than 50% of patients require a combination of drug therapies to achieve their target BP. Some proponents of combination therapy have argued that the risk of adverse side effects and non-compliance will be lower than that compared to monotherapy, which initially requires higher doses to be administered to be effective. Consequently, there have been increasing calls of the necessity for a much more combined approach in the treatment of hypertension. Adding to this, Combination Therapy in Hypertension will cover current control rates of blood pressure worldwide, the benefits of monotherapy and combination therapy, examine the effectiveness, risk of adverse effects, compliance, and cost of the available therapies and will also include information on relevant outcome studies.
- Complications in vascular surgery. 2nd ed., rev. & expanded. 2004, CRCnetBASE
- Continuum of coronary artery disease 2002, HighWire
- Coronary microvascular dysfunction 2014, SpringerIn the past two decades a number of studies have shown that abnormalities in the function and structure of coronary microcirculation can be detected in several cardiovascular diseases. On the basis of the clinical setting in which it occurs, coronary microvascular dysfunction (CMD) can be classified into four types: CMD in the absence of any other cardiac disease; CMD in myocardial diseases; CMD in obstructive epicardial coronary artery disease; and iatrogenic CMD. In some instances CMD represents an epiphenomenon, whereas in others it represents an important marker of risk or may contribute to the pathogenesis of myocardial ischemia, becoming a possible therapeutic target. This book provides an update on coronary physiology and a systematic assessment of microvascular abnormalities in cardiovascular diseases, in the hope that it will assist clinicians in prevention, detection, and management of CMD in their everyday activity.
- Coronary vasculature 2013, SpringerGeneral concepts of blood vessel formation and remodeling -- Prenatal coronary Morphogenesis -- Postnatal coronary morphogenesis and growth -- Sturcture function of the coronary hierarchy -- Historical perspectives -- Coronary anomalies -- Aging -- Adaptations to exercise training -- Hypoxia -- Myocardial ischemia and infarction -- Cardiac hypertrophy -- Therapy for the coronary circulation.
- Goals, design, and implementation of critical pathways in cardiovascular medicine /Christopher P. Cannon and Patrick O'Gara --Part I. --Prehospital critical pathways --Prehospital fibrinolysis /Freek W.A. Verheught --Regional transfer programs for primary PCI /David M. Larson and Timothy D. Henry --Public access defibrillation /Joseph P. Ornato --Part II. --Critical pathways in the emergency department --Non-ST elevation ACS in the emergency department /Richard J. Ryan, Christopher P. Cannon, and W. Brian Gibler --Thrombolysis for ST-elevation mi in the emergency department /Joshua M. Kosowsky --Heart failure in the emergency department /W. Frank Peacock --Atrial fibrillation in the emergency department /Ray Bahr --Stroke and TIA /Lee Schwamm --The Role of exercise testing in chest pain units: evolution, application, results /Ezra A. Amsterdam, Deborah B. Diercks, and Samuel D. Turnipseed --Part III --Critical pathways in the hospital --Critical pathway for non-ST elevation ACS /Christopher P. Cannon and Patrick T. O'Gara --Primary PCI /Amr E. Abbas and Cindy L. Grines --Primary PCI at community hospitals without on-site cardiac surgery /Nancy Sinclair and Thomas P. Wharton, Jr. --Approach to the patient with complicated myocardial infarction /Richard C. Becker --Cardiac catheterization and percuraneous coronary intervention /Jeffrey J. Popma --Pathways for coronary artery bypass surgery /Rashid M. Ahmad, Frances Wadlington, Tiffany Street, James P. Greelish, Jorge M. Balaguer, and John G. Byrne --Acute aortic syndromes /Piotr Sobieszcyk and Patrick O'Gara --Intensive management of hyperglycemia in ACS /Vera T. Fajtova --Management of atrial fibrillation and atrial flutter /Eyal Herzog and Jonathan S. Steinberg --Heart failure /Greg Fonarow --Device therapy in patients with heart failure /Peter J. Zimetbaum and Eli V. Gelfand --Venous thromboembolism /Samuel Z. Goldhaber --Part IV. --Critical pathways in the outpatient setting /--Hyperlipidemia /Frederick F. Samaha and Daniel J. Rader --Diabetes and metabolic syndrome /Emily Deborah Szmuilowicz and Merri Pendergrass --Hypertension /Michael A. Weber --Smoking cessation /Beth C. Bock --Secondary prevention overview /Sidney Smith --Overview of the AHA "get with the guidelines" programs /Yuling Hong, Kenneth A. LaBresh --Cardiac rehabilitation in the post myocardial infarction patient /Daniel E. Forman.
- CT and MR angiography 2009, OvidPrinciples of computed tomographic angiography -- Principles of magnetic resonance angiography -- Conventional angiography in the noninvasive era -- Contrast medium administration in computed tomographic angiography -- Contrast medium administration in magnetic resonance angiography -- Postprocessing and data analysis -- Atherosclerosis : epidemiology and pathology -- Atherosclerosis : in vivo characterization -- Thromboembolism -- Vasculitides and connective tissue disorders -- Cerebral arteries and veins -- Cervical vasculature -- Quantifying coronary artery calcium -- Coronary arteries -- Thoracic vascular anomalies -- Pulmonary vasculature -- Thoracic aorta -- Abdominal aorta -- Mesenteric vasculature -- Renal vasculature -- Lower extremities vasculature -- Upper extremities vasculature -- Pediatric techniques and vascular anomalies -- Venous system.
- CT evaluation of coronary artery disease 2009, Springer
- Diabetes and hypertension 2012, SpringerDiabetes and hypertension have evolved as two of the modern day epidemics affecting millions of people around the world. These two common co-morbidities lead to substantial increase in cardiovascular disease, the major cause of morbidity and mortality of adults around the world. In Diabetes and Hypertension: Evaluation and Management, a panel of renowned experts address a range of critical topics -- from basic concepts in evaluation and management of diabetes and hypertension, such as dietary interventions, to evaluation and management of secondary hypertension in clinical practice. Other chapters focus on high cardiovascular risk populations such as those with coronary heart disease, chronic kidney disease and minority patients. In addition, evolving concepts and new developments in the field are presented in other chapters, such as prevention of type 2 diabetes and the epidemic of sleep apnea and its implication for diabetes and hypertension evaluation and management. An important title covering two of the most troubling disorders of our time, Diabetes and Hypertension: Evaluation and Management will provide the busy practitioner with cutting edge knowledge in the field as well as practical information that can translate into better care provided to the high-risk population of diabetics and hypertensive patients.
- Diabetes and peripheral vascular disease 2012, Springer
- Endovascular repair of dialysis fistulas and grafts: strengths and weaknesses --Role of the nephrologist, interventional radiologist, and vascular access in the treatment of end-Stage renal disease --Access creation strategy --Natural history of vascular access --Radiological anatomy and preoperative imaging of upper limb vessels --Indications and imaging modalities in dialysis access --Psychological and clinical issues --Patient preparation prior to angiography and endovascular interventions --Angiography (Fistulography) --Dilation and stent placement --Hand ischemia --Treatment of thrombosed accesses --Therapeutic occlusion of dysfunctional accesses --Complications during and after vascular access endovascular procedures --Vascular access intervention outcomes.
- Dietary proteins and atherosclerosis 2004, CRCnetBASE
- EDHF 2006, CRCnetBASE
- Embolisation 2012, Springer
- Embolization 2014, SpringerInnovations in catheterization techniques and embolization agents have considerably contributed to the development of endovascular occlusion techniques in arterial and venous trunks as much as distal parenchymal capillar beds. Mini invasive therapies, endovascular embolization and chemo-embolization now constitute valuable therapeutic alternatives in various fields: on a purely palliative or on a curative basis in oncology, but also in traumatology, functional diseases, and for the treatment of benign tumors, or when dealing with post-operative complications. As in-depth and detailed descriptions of these techniques are all ready available in specialized books, our ambition is to provide a basic handbook for the young vascular radiologists in training and a checklist for the more experienced interventional radiologists, by providing for each of the constantly increasing indications a synthetic approach of the technique and its expected results. The first part of this book relates to the tool box (the materials) and the procedure techniques as well as the physiopathological requirements for carrying out embolization; the second part is an analytical description of the main situations and anatomo-clinical strategies. This handy book should to be a valuable memory aid for clinicians and interventional radiologists, readily available in the multidisciplinary staff rooms and in angiography suites.
- Emergency vascular surgery 2007, Springer
- Encyclopedia of heart diseases 2006, ScienceDirectAging and the heart -- Alcohol and the heart -- Altitude and pulmonary edema -- Anatomy of the heart and circulation -- Anderson-Fabry disease -- Anemia and the heart -- Aneurysm -- Angina -- Angioplasty/coronary balloon -- Angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitors/angiotensin receptor blockers -- Antihistamines -- Antioxidants -- Antiphospholipid antibody syndrome -- Antiplatelet agents -- Arginine and the heart -- Arrhythmias/palpitations -- Arteriosclerosis -- Artificial heart -- Aspirin for heart disease -- Atherosclerosis/atheroma -- Athletes and sudden cardiac death -- Atrial fibrillation -- Atrial septal defect -- B-type natriuretic peptide -- Beriberi heart disease -- Beta-blockers -- Blood clots -- Blood pressure -- Brugada syndrome -- Bundle branch block -- Caffeine and the heart -- Calcium antagonists -- Carcinoid heart disease -- Cardiogenic shock -- Cardiomyopathy -- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) -- Chagas disease -- Chelation and heart disease -- Chemotherapy-induced heart disease -- Cholesterol -- Coenzyme Q10 -- Congenital heart disease -- Contraception and cardiovascular disease -- Coronary artery bypass surgery -- C-reactive protein and the heart -- Cytochrome P-450 -- Deep vein thrombosis -- Depression and the heart -- Diabetes and cardiovascular disease -- Diets and heart disease -- Diuretics -- Down syndrome -- Dyslipidemia -- Echocardiography -- Effects of smoking and heart disease -- Electrocardiography -- Embryology -- Endocarditis -- Endocrine disorders and the heart -- Erectile dysfunction and the heart -- Exercise and the heart -- Gene therapy -- Heart attacks -- Heart failure -- Hemochromatosis -- Herbal, dietary supplements, and cardiovascular disease -- HIV and the heart -- Homocysteine and cardiovascular disease -- Hypertension -- Hypertrophy of the heart -- Kawasaki heart disease -- Miscellaneous disorders -- Murmurs and heart disease -- Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs -- Obesity and heart disease -- Pacemakers -- Patent foramen ovale -- Pericarditis and myocarditis -- Pulmonary arterial hypertension -- Pulmonary embolism -- Race and cardiovascular disease -- Sleep and the heart -- Stents -- Stress and heart disease -- Stroke/cerebrovascular accident -- Syncope -- Tests for heart diseases -- Thyroid heart disease -- Valve diseases -- Ventricular fibrillation -- Women and heart disease.
- Endovascular aneurysm repair 2005, Springer
- Endovascular interventions 2014, SpringerPart I: Basic MRI Principles.- A Brief History of Magnetic Resonance Imaging -- Fundamentals of Magnetic Resonance Imaging -- The Relaxation Concept in MRI -- MRI Pulse Sequences -- MR Imaging Parameters and Options -- Part II: MR Safety, Patient Positioning, Protocol Design, Graphical Prescription and MR Applications for Anatomical Regions.- Introduction to Safe Clinical Scanning -- Central Nervous System: MRI Protocols, Imaging Parameters and Graphical Prescriptions -- Musculoskeletal Imaging: MRI Protocols, Imaging Parameters and Graphical Prescriptions -- Body Imaging: MRI Protocols, Imaging Parameters and Graphical Prescriptions -- Cardiovascular Imaging: MRI Protocols, Imaging Parameters and Graphical Prescriptions -- Breast Imaging: MRI Protocols, Imaging Parameters and Graphical Prescriptions.
- Enemies of the myocytes 2002, HighWire
- Enemies to the vessel wall 2002, HighWire
- ESC guidelines desk reference. Ed. 2011. 2011, SpringerCardiovascular Disease Prevention in Clinical Practice 2007 Fourth Joint European Societies' Task Force on Cardiovascular Disease Prevention in Clinical Practice -- -- Arterial Hypertension 2007 ESH-ESC Task Force on the Management of Arterial Hypertension of the European Society of Hypertension (ESH) and of the European Society of Cardiology (ESC) -- Diabetes, Pre-diabetes and Cardiovascular Diseases 2007 The Task Force on Diabetes and Cardiovascular Diseases of the European Society of Cardiology (ESC) and of the European Association for the Study of Diabetes (EASD) -- Non-ST-segment Elevation Acute Coronary Syndromes 2007 The Task Force for the Diagnosis and Treatment of Non-ST-Segment Elevation Acute Coronary Syndromes of the European Society of Cardiology -- AMI in Patients Presenting with Persistent ST-Segment Elevation 2008 The Task Force on the Management of ST-Segment Elevation Acute Myocardial Infarction of the European Society of Cardiology -- Stable Angina Pectoris 2006 The Task Force on the Management of Stable Angina Pectoris of the European Society of Cardiology -- Myocardial Revascularisation 2011 Joint Task Force on Myocardial Revascularisation of the European Society of Cardiology (ESC) and the European Association of Cardio-Thoracic Surgery (EACTS). Developed with the special contribution of the European Association for Percutaneous Cardiovascular Interventions (EAPCI) -- Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy 2003 The Task Force on Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy of the American College of Cardiology Foundation and the European Society of Cardiology Committee for Practice Guidelines -- Pericardial Diseases 2004 The Task Force on the Diagnosis and Management of Pericardial Disease of the European Society of Cardiology -- Grown-up congenital heart disease 2011 The Task Force on the Management of Grown-up Congenital Heart Disease of the European Society of Cardiology (ESC). Endorsed by Association for European Paediatric Cardiology (AEPC) -- Neonatal Electrocardiogram 2002 The Task Force for the interpretation of the Neonatal Electrocardiogram of the European Society of Cardiology -- Cardiovascular Disease during Pregnancy 2003 The Task Force on the Management of Cardiovascular Diseases during Pregnancy of the European Society of Cardiology -- Valvular Heart Disease 2007 The Task Force on the Management of Valvular Heart Disease of the European Society of Cardiology -- Infective Endocarditis 2009 The Task Force on the Prevention, Diagnosis and Treatment of Infective Endocarditis of the European Society of Cardiology (ESC), endorsed by the European Society of Clinical Microbiology, Infectious Diseases (ESCMID) and by the International Society of Chemotherapy (ISC) for Infection and Cancer -- Pulmonary Hypertension 2009 The Task Force for the Diagnosis and Treatment of Pulmonary Hypertension of the European Society of Cardiology (ESC) and the European Respiratory Society (ERS), endorsed by the International Society of Heart and Lung Transplantation (ISHLT) and by the Association for European Paediatric Cardiology (AEPC) -- Supraventricular Arrhythmias (SVA) 2003 A Report of the American College of Cardiology/American Heart Association Task Force on Practice Guidelines and the European Society of Cardiology Committee for Practice Guidelines (Writing Committee to Develop Guidelines for the Management of Patients with Supraventricular Arrhythmias) -- Atrial Fibrillation 2010 The Task Force for the Management of Patients with Atrial Fibrillation (2010 Version) of the European Society of Cardiology (ESC) Developed with the special contribution of the European Heart Rhythm Association Endorsed by the European Association for Cardio-Thoracic Surgery (EACTS) -- Syncope 2009 The Task Force for the Diagnosis and Treatment of Syncope of the European Society of Cardiology (ESC) Developed in collaboration with the European Heart Rhythm Association (EHRA)¹, the Heart Failure Association (HFA)² and the Heart Rhythm Society (HRS)³ Endorsed by the following societies: European Society of Emergency Medicine (EuSEM)⁴, European Federation of Internal Medicine (EFIM)⁵, European Union Geriatric Medicine Society (EUGMS)⁶, American Geriatrics Society (AGS), European Neurological Society (ENS)⁷, American Autonomic Society (AAS)⁸, European Federation of Autonomic Societies (EFAS)⁹ -- Ventricular Arrhythmias and the Prevention of Sudden Cardiac Death 2006 A Report of the American College of Cardiology/American Heart Association Task Force and the European Society of Cardiology Committee for Practice Guidelines (Writing Committee to Develop Guidelines for the Management of Patients With Ventricular Arrhythmias and the Prevention of Sudden Cardiac Death) Developed in Collaboration With the European Heart Rhythm Association and the Heart Rhythm Society -- Cardiac Pacing and Cardiac Resynchronization Therapy 2007 ESC Task Force on Cardiac Pacing and Cardiac Resynchronization Therapy Developed in collaboration with the European Heart Rhythm Association -- Universal Definition of Myocardial Infarction 2007 The joint ESC-ACCF-AHA-WHF Task Force for the Redefinition of Myocardial Infarction -- Acute and Chronic Heart Failure 2008 The Task Force on Heart Failure of the European Society of Cardiology (ESC) Developed in collaboration with the Heart Failure Association of the ESC (HFA) -- Device Therapy in Heart Failure 2011 The Task Force for an update of the 2008 ESC Guidelines for the diagnosis and treatment of acute and chronic heart failure and the 2007 ESC Guidelines for cardiac resynchronization therapy. Developed with the special contribution of the Heart Failure Association (HFA) and the European Heart Rhythm Association (EHRA) of the ESC -- Preoperative Cardiac Risk Assessment and Perioperative Cardiac Management in Non-Cardiac Surgery 2009 The Task Force for Preoperative Cardiac Risk Assessment and Perioperative Cardiac Management in Non-Cardiac Surgery of the European Society of Cardiology (ESC), endorsed by the European Society of Anaesthesiology (ESA).
- Essential guide to blood coagulation. 2nd ed. 2013, WileySchematic presentation of the hemostatic system / Nils Egberg -- Proposals for sampling instructions / Margareta Blombäck and Nils Egberg -- Laboratory investigations / Jovan P. Antovic, Liselotte Onelöv, and Nils Egberg -- Hereditary bleeding disorders / Margareta Holmström and Lars-Göran Lundberg -- Critical bleeding / Maria Bruzelius, Anna Ågren, and Hans Johnsson -- Investigation of increased bleeding tendency / Margareta Holmström and Lars Göran Lundberg -- Venous thrombosis and pulmonary embolism / Anders Carlsson -- Investigations of thromboembolic tendency / Margareta Holmström -- Heart disease / Håkan Wallen and Rickard Linder -- Antiplatelet drug therapy and reversal of its effects / Håkan Wallen, Hans Johnsson, and Bo-Michael Bellander -- New oral anticoagulants : focus on currently approved oral factor Xa and thombin inhibitors / Rickard E. Malmström and Hans Johnsson -- Stroke and transient ischemic attack / Nils Wahlgren and Mia von Euler -- Peripheral artery surgery / Jesper Swedenborg -- Hemostasis in obstetrics and gynecology / Katarina Bremme -- Hemostasis in children / Susanna Ranta and Pia Petrini -- Emergency conditions associated with coagulation : DIC, HIT, and TTP/HUS / Jovan P. Antovic and Margareta Holmström.
- European Atrial Fibrillation Consensus Conference 2003, HighWire
- Evidence and perspectives on n-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids in cardiovascular disease 2001, HighWire
- Gender and recovery from coronary artery bypass surgery 2009, Springer
- Genes and cardiovascular function 2011, Springerpt. 1. Genes and the heart -- pt. 2. Development and gender -- pt. 3. Mitochondrial diseases -- pt. 4. Ischemic heart disease -- pt. 5. Hypertension and arrhythmias -- pt. 6. Hypertrophy and failure.
- Genetic cardiomyopathies 2013, Springer
- Guide to peripheral and cerebrovascular intervention 2004, NCBI Bookshelf
- Fully revised and updated, the Handbook serves as a practical guide to endovascular methods and as a concise reference for neurovascular anatomy and published data about cerebrovascular disease from a neurointerventionalist's perspective. Divided into three parts, the book covers:* Fundamentals of neurovascular anatomy and basic angiographic techniques; * Interventional Techniques and endovascular methods, along with useful device information and tips and tricks for daily practice; * Specific Disease States, with essential clinical information about commonly encountered conditions.New features in the 2nd Edition include:* Global Gems that illuminate aspects of the field outside the United States;* Angio-anatomic and angio-pathologic image correlates;* Newly released clinical study results influencing neurointerventional practice;* Information on emerging technologies in this rapidly advancing field.The Handbook is a vital resource for all clinicians involved in neurointerventional practice, including radiologists, neurosurgeons, neurologists, cardiologists, and vascular surgeons.
- Handbook of endovascular interventions 2013, SpringerHandbook of Endovascular Interventions presents a step-wise approach to the techniques of peripheral vascular interventions. Covering interventions in all major organ systems, this concise and comprehensive resource provides the rationale on why these approaches have been adopted by most practicing vascular interventionalists. This volume also presents key information on intervention techniques and pitfalls, complications and their management, surgical management options, as well as landmark papers on the topic. Unique to this book is the inclusion of sections building an endovascular suite, and coding as well as international training paradigms across the globe.Authored by international experts from around the globe, Handbook of Endovascular Interventions is a true how-to book for the busy interventionalist.
- Handbook of endovascular peripheral interventions 2012, Springer
- Handbook of stroke. 2nd ed. 2006, OvidSystematic clinical assessment -- Historical evaluation of key signs and symptoms -- General medical review -- General examination -- Neurologic examination -- Approach to the comatose patient -- Laboratory evaluation -- Differential diagnosis made easy: general approach -- Temporal profile of ischemic cerebrovascular diseases -- Telephone interview and triage -- Management of acute stroke in critically ill patients -- Transient ischemic attack and minor cerebral infarction: general evaluation and treatment -- Major cerebral infarction: general evaluation and treatment -- Subarachnoid hemorrhage: general evaluation and treatment -- Intracerebral hemorrhage: general evaluation and treatment -- Four major categories of ischemic cerebrovascular disease: identification and treatment -- Five major categories of hemorrhagic disease: treatment of specific underlying mechanisms -- Cerebral venous thrombosis -- Other cerebrovascular syndromes --Vascular disease of the spinal cord -- Cerebrovascular disease in children and young adults -- Cerebrovascular disease in pregnant patients -- Cerebrovascular disease genetics -- Modifiable lifestyle and environmental factors -- Asymptomatic carotid and vertebral stenosis -- Hypertension -- Dyslipidemia -- Other host factors -- Unruptured intracranial aneurysms -- Unruptured intracranial vascular malformations -- Hematologic disease -- Carotid or vertebral artery occlusive disease -- Transient ischemic attack -- Cerebral infarction -- Intracerebral hemorrhage -- Subarachnoid hemorrhage -- Physical therapy -- Speech therapy -- Other chronic complications of stroke -- Family and patient education.
- Handbook on cerebral venous thrombosis 2008, KargerAnatomy of cerebral veins and sinuses -- Epidemiology of cerebral vein and sinus thrombosis / Agnelli, G., Verso, M. -- Risk factors of cerebral vein and sinus thrombosis / de Freitas, G.R., Bogousslavsky, J. -- Thrombophilia and cerebral vein thrombosis / Iorio, A. ... [et al.] -- Clinical presentations of cerebral vein and sinus thrombosis / Paciaroni, M., Palmerini, F., Bogousslavsky, J. -- Headache and cerebral vein and sinus thrombosis / Alberti, A., Venti, M., Biagini, S. -- Radiological diagnosis of cerebral venous thrombosis / Selim, M., Caplan, L.R. -- Role of ultrasound in diagnosis and management of cerebral vein and sinus thrombosis / Stolz, E.P. -- Cerebral venous thrombosis in newborns, infants and children / Yager, J.Y. ... [et al.] -- Treatment of cerebral venous and sinus thrombosis / Masuhr, F. -- Interventional neuroradiology in the treatment of cerebral venous thrombosis / Caso, V., Billeci, A.M.R., Leys, D. -- Complications of cerebral vein and sinus thrombosis / Ferro, J.M., Canhao, P. -- Long-term prognosis of cerebral vein and sinus thrombosis / Lindgren, A.
- Handbook on neurovascular ultrasound 2006, KargerPhysical and technical principles / Evans, D.H. -- Arterial wall imaging / Devuyst, G., Piechowski-Jóźwiak, B., Bogousslavsky, J. -- Endothelial function testing / Csiba, L. -- Atherosclerotic carotid stenosis and occlusion / Sitzer, M. -- Ultrasound diagnostics of the vertebrobasilar system / von Büdingen, H.-C., Staudacher, T., von Büdingen, H.J. -- Ultrasound diagnosis of cervical artery dissection / Benninger, D.H., Baumgartner, R.W. -- Intracranial dural arteriovenous and carotid-cavernous fistulae and paragangliomas / Gandjour, J., Baumgartner, R.W. -- Takayasu and temporal arteritis / Schmidt, W.A. -- Transcranial insonation / Baumgartner, R.W. -- Intracranial stenoses and occlusions, and circle of Willis collaterals / Baumgartner, R.W. -- Acute stroke: perfusion imaging / Seidel, G., Meyer-Wiethe, K. -- Sonothrombolysis: experimental evidence / Daffertshofer, M., Hennerici, M. --Acute stroke: therapeutic transcranial Doppler sonography / Mikulik, R., Alexandrov, A.V. -- Acute stroke: therapeutic transcranial color duplex sonography / Eggers, J. -- Cerebral aneurysms and arteriovenous malformations / Klötzsch, C., Harrer, J.U. -- Cerebral veins and sinuses / Stolz, E. -- Detection of microembolic signals with transcranial Doppler ultrasound / Georgiadis, D., Siebler, M. -- Contrast-enhanced transcranial Doppler ultrasound for diagnosis of patent foramen ovale / Nedeltchev, K., Mattle, H.P. -- Cerebral autoregulation and vasomotor reactivity / Aaslid, R. -- Cerebral circulation monitoring in carotid endarterectomy and carotid artery stenting / Ackerstaff, R.G.A. -- Syncope / Nirkko, A.C., Baumgartner, R.W. -- Functional transcranial Doppler sonography / Lohmann, H., Ringelstein, E.B., Knecht, S. -- Future developments in neurovascular ultrasound / Meairs, S., Hennerici, M.
- HDL handbook. 1st ed. 2010, ScienceDirectChapter 1. Role of Phospholipid Transfer Protein in HDL Remodeling and Atherosclerosis / Hiroaki Hattori -- Chapter 2. The Role of Cholesteryl Ester Transfer Protein (CETP) in HDL Metabolism / Neil J. Hime -- Chapter 3. Plasma Cholesteryl Ester Transfer Protein (CETP) in Relation to Human Pathophysiology / Akihiro Inazu -- Chapter 4. HDL and Reverse Cholesterol Transport: Physiological Modulation / Giovanna Catalano, Maryse Guerin -- Chapter 5. Serum Paraoxonase (PON1) and its Interactions with HDL: Relationship between PON1 and Oxidative Stress / Jelena Vekic, Jelena Kotur-Stevuljevic, Aleksandra Zeljkovic, Aleksandra Stefanovic, Zorana Jelic-Ivanovic, Slavica Spasic, Vesna Spasojevic-Kalimanovska -- Chapter 6. Paraoxonase-1 and its Interactions with HDL: Molecular Structures of PON1 and HDL / Daniel Rochu, Eric Chabrière, Patrick Masson -- Chapter 7. Apolipoprotein A-I Mutations / Akira Matsunaga, Yoshinari Uehara, Bo Zhang, Keijiro Saku -- Chapter 8. The Scavenger Receptor Class B Type I: An HDL Receptor Involved in Lipid Transport and HDL Dependent Signaling / Aishah Al-Jarallah, Rachelle Brunet, Bernardo Trigatti -- Chapter 9. HDL Mimetic Peptides: Novel Therapeutic Strategies for the Treatment of Inflammatory Vascular Disease / C. Roger White, G.M. Anantharamaiah, Geeta Datta -- Chapter 10. Sterol Efflux by ABCA1 and ABCG1 / Naoki Terasaka -- Chapter 11. Functional Change in the HDL Particle by Oxidative Modification and its Contribution to Atherogenesis / Toshiyuki Matsunaga, Akira Hara, Tsugikazu Komoda -- Chapter 12. Preβ1-HDL, a Native Lipid-poor HDL, and its Potential as a New Marker for HDL Metabolism / Takashi Miida, Satoshi Hirayama -- Chapter 13. Determination of Circulating Native and Denaturated HDL Concentrations and its Clinical Implications / Takanari Nakano, Makoto Seo, Tsugikazu Komoda.
- Health-related quality of life in cardiovascular patients 2013, SpringerThe genesis of health : evolution of the concept of health-related quality of life -- Quality of life in hypertensive patients -- Quality of life in patients with coronary artery disease -- Quality of life in patients after coronary interventional treatment -- Quality of life in patients with chronic heart failure -- Quality of life in patients with cardiac rhythm disturbances -- Quality of life in patients with implantable cardiac devices -- Quality of life after stroke.
- Heart and circulation 2014, SpringerWhat drives the circulation? In this comprehensive review of existing circulation models, the conventional view that the heart is a pressure-propulsion pump is challenged. The existing models fail to explain an increasing number of observed circulatory phenomena. A unifying circulation model is proposed in which the blood, responding to metabolic demands of the tissues, is the primary regulator of cardiac output. This new model arises from accumulated clinical and experimental evidence. The heart, rather than being an organ of blood propulsion, assumes a secondary role and generates pressure by impeding the flow of blood. This is supported by examples from the fields of early embryonic circulation, comparative phylogeny, functional morphology, exercise physiology and a range of clinical scenarios. The Heart and Circulation: An Integrative Model offers a paradigm shift in the understanding of circulatory phenomena. It will become a valuable resource for all those clinicians, researchers, educators and students who, having been confronted with the paradox of the circulation, are looking for a broader interpretation.
- Hemangiomas and vascular malformations 2009, Springer
- Hemodynamics and cardiology. 2nd ed. 2012, ScienceDirectNeonatal hemodynamics -- Principles of developmental cardiovascular physiology and pathophysiology -- Principles of developmental cardiovascular physiology and pathophysiology -- Autoregulation of vital and nonvital organ blood flow in the preterm and term neonate -- Definition of normal blood pressure range: the elusive target -- Diagnosis of neonatal shock: methods and their clinical applications -- Methods to assess systemic and organ blood flow in the neonate -- Functional echocardiography in the neonatal intensive care unit -- Assessment of cardiac output in neonates: techniques using the Fick principle, pulse wave form analysis, and electrical impedance -- Near-infrared spectroscopy and its use for the assessment of tissue perfusion in the neonate -- Clinical applications of near-infrared spectroscopy in neonates -- Advanced magnetic neuroimaging techniques in the neonate with a focus on hemodynamic-related brain injury -- Cardiovascular magnetic resonance in the study of neonatal hemodynamics -- Assessment of the microcirculation in the neonate -- Clinical presentations and relevance of neonatal shock -- Clinical presentations of neonatal shock: the very low birth-weight neonate during the first postnatal day -- Very low birth weight neonate with hemodynamically significant ductus arteriosus during the first postnatal week -- Preterm neonate with cardiovascular and adrenal insufficiency -- Shock in the surgical neonate -- Hemodynamics and brain injury in the preterm neonate -- Fetal and neonatal cardiology -- Embryonic and fetal development -- Genetics of fetal and neonatal cardiovascular disease -- Human cardiac development in the first trimester -- Reappraisal of normal and abnormal cardiac development -- Fetal and neonatal cardiology -- New concepts for training the pediatric cardiology workforce of the future -- Current role of fetal echocardiography -- Clinical evaluation of cardiovascular unction in the human fetus -- Cardiac surgery in the neonate with congenital heart disease -- Regional blood flow monitoring in the perioperative period -- Mechanical pump support and cardiac transplant in the neonate -- Catheter-based therapy in the neonate with congenital heart disease -- Hybrid management techniques in the treatment of the neonate with congenital heart disease.
- Adrenomedullin in cardiovascular dise...
- — Hemodynamics and cardiology. 2nd ed. ...
- Hemostasis and thrombosis. 6th ed. .....
- — Vascular complications in human disea...
- Vascular dementia ......................
- — Visceral vascular manipulations ........
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- AAP Red Book Online
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Sabiston Textbook of Surgery
- Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics
- Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics
- Mandell, Douglas, & Bennett's Principles & Practice of Infectious Diseases
- Red Book Online
- ICU Book
- Primary Care Medicine
- Campbell-Walsh Urology
Shortcut to Licensed Content
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Links” (IE7) or “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
What is it?
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) gives you access to resources licensed by the library even when you're not coming from a Lane or a Stanford IP address.
While we'd like Lane to be your gateway to our licensed content, we recognize that links to books, articles and journals come from a variety of different sources (Google, your email, RSS reader, etc.).
When installed, it will look your browser bookmark.
At the page you would like to proxy, click the "Lane Gateway to Licensed Content" to invoke it.
If Lane licenses that content, you'll get access as if you were on campus.
How does it work?
This allows you to view the URL as though you were on campus, giving you access to materials licensed for use by the Stanford academic community.
If you're not authenticated, you'll be prompted for your SUNetID and password.
Don't see the Toolbar, Bookmarks, or Links or Favorites bar?
From the "View" menu, select "Toolbars" & choose "Bookmarks Toolbar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Show Bookmarks Bar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Always Show Bookmarks Bar"
- Right-click in a clear area near the browser address bar
- In the menu, check a box next "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites" (IE8, IE9)
- Managing IE Favorites
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) only works with resources Lane has licensed and configured to work with our proxy server.
If invoked on a resource we do not license and/or have not yet configured, you will see an error message:
The Lane proxy server cannot complete your request because this host has not been configured properly.
We make no attempt to configure our proxy server for every resource, only those we license and for which a Stanford IP address grants access.
Drag this button onto your browser toolbar to install.
- Right click this button
- Select "Add to Favorites", click "Continue" if you see a security alert
- In "Create in" menu, select "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites Bar" (IE8, IE9) to install
Drag this button onto Safari Bookmarks bar to install.
- Springer Protocols
- MD Consult
- Lange Series
- National Academy Press
- NCBI Bookshelf
- Thieme Atlases