Books by Subject
View by page
- ACEi and ARBS in hypertension and heart failure — Controversies in aortic dissection and aneurysmal disease (100)
- Controversies in neurological surgery neurovascular diseases — Molecular defects in cardiovascular disease (100)
- Molecular sensors for cardiovascular homeostasis — Tutorials in endovascular neurosurgery and interventional neuroradiology (100)
- Ultrasonography in vascular diagnosis a therapy-oriented textbook and atlas. 2nd ed. — White matter injury in stroke and CNS disease (27)
- ACEi and ARBS in hypertension and heart failure 2015SpringerThis book summarizes how the renin angiotensin system is implicated in the progression of atherosclerotic disease as well as of left ventricular dysfunction and reviews the action of angiotensin converting enzyme inhibitors and AT1 receptor antagonists on reducing morbidity and mortality in patients with left ventricular dysfunction or in those at high cardiovascular risk with preserved ventricular function. ACEi and ARBS in Hypertension and Heart Failure is a highly practical reference reviewing the evidence and providing a rationale for the appropriate use of RAS antagonists in cardiovascular diseases. It is written in an easy-to-follow format and with many illustrations to aid clarity and the assimilation of information. Each chapter is written by established authorities in their fields who are also experienced in explaining often complex concepts. The result is a unique book which is not only comprehensive but also clear and useful for the busy medical practitioner.
- Advances in acute coronary syndrome management 2012Future MedAdvances in acute coronary syndrome management / Harvey White -- Etiology and overview / Ralph A.H. Stewart -- Biomarkers in acute coronary syndromes / Harvey D. White -- Clinical risk scores in ACS management : current and future directions / Derek P. Chew & Leong Lee -- Antithrombotic therapies / Paul A. Gurbel & Udaya S. Tantry -- Lipid-lowering therapy / Joel A. Lardizabal & Prakash C. Deedwania -- Antihypertensive therapies / Grégoire Wuerzner, Olivier Muller & Michel Burnier -- Interventional approaches to acute coronary syndromes / Neal S. Kleiman -- Noninvasive imaging in acute coronary syndromes / Govind Srinivasan & Joseph Selvanayagam -- Electrocardiography in acute coronary syndromes / Cheuk-Kit Wong & Harvey D. White -- Current guidelines for acute coronary syndromes / Michel E. Bertrand -- Index.
- Advances in vascular medicine 2010Springer
- Angiogenesis from basic science to clinical applications 2007CRCnetBASE
- Angiogenesis-- in vitro systems 2008ScienceDirect
- Angiogenesis-- in vivo systems. Part A-B pt. A-B, 2008.ScienceDirectpt. B ScienceDirect
- Antiplatelet agents 2012SpringerPart 1. Pathophysiology. Platelets: Production, Morphology and Ultrastructure / Jonathan N. Thon and Joseph E. Italiano -- Platelet Receptors / Alexandre Kauskot and Marc F. Hoylaerts -- Platelet Signaling / Timothy J. Stalker, Debra K. Newman, Peisong Ma, Kenneth M. Wannemacher and Lawrence F. Brass -- Platelet Interaction with the Vessel Wall / Philip G. de Groot, Rolf T. Urbanus and Mark Roest -- Platelets in Atherosclerosis and Thrombosis / Christian Schulz and Steffen Massberg -- Part 2. Pharmacology. Aspirin and Other COX-1 Inhibitors / Carlo Patrono and Bianca Rocca -- Thienopyridines and Other ADP-Receptor Antagonists / Isabell Bernlochner and Dirk Sibbing -- Glycoprotein IIb/IIIa Antagonists / Karen M. Hook and Joel S. Bennett -- Targeting Phosphodiesterases in Anti-platelet Therapy / Matthew T. Rondina and Andrew S. Weyrich -- PAR-1 Inhibitors: A Novel Class of Antiplatelet Agents for the Treatment of Patients with Atherothrombosis / Sergio Leonardi and Richard C. Becker -- Thromboxane Receptors Antagonists and/or Synthase Inhibitors / Giovanni Davì, Francesca Santilli and Natale Vazzana -- Inhibitors of the Interaction Between von Willebrand Factor and Platelet GPIb/IX/V / Paolo Gresele and Stefania Momi -- Inhibitors of the Interactions Between Collagen and Its Receptors on Platelets / Hans Deckmyn, Simon F. De Meyer, Katleen Broos and Karen Vanhoorelbeke -- Intracellular Signaling as a Potential Target for Antiplatelet Therapy / Patrick Andre -- Novel Targets for Platelet Inhibition / Kathleen Freson and Chris Van Geet -- Variability of Platelet Indices and Function: Acquired and Genetic Factors / Giovanni de Gaetano, Iolanda Santimone, Francesco Gianfagna, Licia Iacoviello and Chiara Cerletti -- Small RNAs as Potential Platelet Therapeutics / Leonard C. Edelstein and Paul F. Bray -- Pharmacological Modulation of the Inflammatory Actions of Platelets / Richard Amison, Clive Page and Simon Pitchford -- Part 3. Therapy. The Role of Laboratory Monitoring in Antiplatelet Therapy / Marco Cattaneo -- Antiplatelet Agents in Ischemic Heart Disease / Christopher H. May and A. Michael Lincoff -- Antiplatelet Therapy in Cerebrovascular Disorders / Ralph Weber, Johannes Brenck and Hans-Christoph Diener -- Antiplatelet Therapy in Peripheral Artery Disease / Francesco Violi, Stefania Basili, Jeffrey S. Berger and William R. Hiatt -- Primary Prevention of Ischaemic Cardiovascular Disorders with Antiplatelet Agents / Tom Mead.
- Aortic aneurysms pathogenesis and treatment 2009Springer
- Aortic diseases clinical diagnostic imaging atlas 2009ClinicalKeyAortic physiology and function: anatomic and histologic considerations -- Anatomic variants of the aorta -- Examination and imaging of the aorta -- Acute aortic dissection -- Aortic intramural hematoma -- Late complications of aortic dissection -- Aortic complications of catheterization, surgery, and instrumentation -- Aortic atheromatous disease: plaques, debris, and obstruction -- Aortic atheromatous disease: thrombosis, thromboembolism, and atheroembolism -- Aortic atheromatous disease: ulcers and penetrating aortic ulcers -- Thoracic aortic aneurysms -- Abdominal aortic aneurysms -- Endovascular therapy for thoracic aortic pathology -- Diseases of the aortic root -- Congenital bicuspid aortic valve-associated aortopathy -- Coarctation and atresia of the aorta -- Marfan syndrome -- Traumatic disruption of the aorta -- Tumors of the aorta -- Infectious and mycotic aneurysms -- Noninfectious aortitis: Takayasu's disease -- Noninfectious aortitis: giant cell aortitis, SLE, and other aortitides.
- Arterial disorders definition, clinical manifestations, mechanisms and therapeutic approaches 2015SpringerAs our knowledge about arterial disease is greatly expanding, the aim of this book is to explore all aspects of arterial pathology, including classification, clinical manifestations, pathogenesis, and therapeutic options. The discussion of pathophysiologic mechanisms of arterial disease is wide ranging, encompassing hemodynamic, metabolic, humoral, inflammatory, genetic and environmental factors. Particular emphasis is placed on recent concepts, such as: the role of age-associated arterial alterations in the initiation and progression of cardiovascular diseases in older persons, the importance of mineral metabolism-bone vascular interactions, the clinical and prognostic significance of the renal resistive index, retinal circulation, toxemia of pregnancy as an arterial disease, and the role of pulmonary/vascular interaction in pulmonary hypertension and cross-talk of macrocirculation and microcirculation in target organ involvement. Evaluation procedures are carefully explained, and the full range of currently available therapeutic options, including lifestyle modifications and pharmacologic approaches, are described and appraised.
- ASE's Comprehensive echocardiography. Second edition. [2nd ed.] 2016ClinicalKeyWritten and endorsed by world experts from the American Society of Echocardiography (ASE), this unique multimedia resource uses text, case studies, and online components to cover the latest uses of echocardiography, including the most recent 2D and 3D advances. Unlike other existing textbooks in echocardiography, including the predecessor of this volume, entitled Dynamic Echocardiography, this 2nd edition, with its new title, covers a full range of topics, reflected in its 200 chapters that include essential material in a succinct format. Dr. Roberto M. Lang and his expert colleagues provide everything you need to assess cardiac anatomy and function and obtain clinically useful, noninvasive information for more accurate diagnosis and evaluation of heart disease.
- This book presents up-to-date information on how to assess early preclinical alterations in the heart, the small and large arteries and the kidney in the general and the hypertensive population, using the most sensitive, specific and cost-effective techniques. A wide variety of techniques are discussed, with careful attention to the latest developments. For each organ, evidence is documented regarding the prevalence of organ damage. Information is provided on the potential induction of regression of organ damage by treatment, the criteria for establishing significant changes and the clinical prognostic significance of regression. The manual will be invaluable for all practitioners responsible for the clinical management of hypertensive patients, given that the assessment of early preclinical cardiovascular and renal damage permits more accurate risk stratification at baseline and facilitates evaluation of cardiovascular protection when regression of structural changes is achieved during treatment.
- Atherosclerosis and oxidant stress a new perspective 2008Springer
- Atherosclerosis diet and drugs 2005Springer
- Atherosclerosis disease management 2011SpringerAtherosclerosis is a degenerative process affecting blood vessels, which determines narrowing of the lumen, plaque growth, and hardening of the walls. It is a risk factor for cardiovascular diseases. The focus of this book is on the management of the atherosclerotic disease. The coverage of this book spans from histological presentation of the various stages of atherosclerotic lesions to the earliest studies in atherosclerosis therapy, from advanced clinical diagnosis to monitoring, follow-up, and home-care of the atherosclerotic patient. The book shows well-established diagnostic techniques covering several medical imaging modalities such as Ultrasounds, IVUS, MRI, Computer Tomography, along with new trends in early and advanced atherosclerosis diagnosis (innovative drugs and tissue characterization procedures). Surgical standards will be presented along with innovative experimental trials for the treatment of the atherosclerotic patient. The book will also cover emerging techniques based on molecular imaging and vibro-acoustics.
- The Metabolic Syndrome -- Epidemiology of the Metabolic Syndrome and Risk for Cardiovascular Disease and Diabetes -- The Metabolic Syndrome and Atherogenesis -- Triglyceride-Rich Lipoproteins -- High-Density Lipoprotein Metabolism -- Newer Coronary Risk Factors -- Dietary Effects on Cardiovascular Risk Factors -- Strategies for Treating Abnormal Lipid Profiles with Drugs -- Ethnic Differences in the Metabolic Syndrome -- Obesity Management -- Diabetes Mellitus and Cardiovascular Disease -- Gender Differences in Coronary Risk Factors and Risk Interventions.
- Atlas of cardiovascular computed tomography an imaging companion to Braunwald's heart disease. [1st ed.] 2010ClinicalKeyCardiac CT : how it works / J. Jeffrey Carr -- Optimizing CT image quality / wm. Guy Weigold -- Contrast medium administration / Dominik Fleischmann -- Systematic analysis of cardiac CT / John A. Rumberger -- Coronary CT angiography : normal anatomy / Ricardo C. Cury and Roberto C. Cury -- Coronary CT angiography : obstructive coronary artery disease / Stephan Achenbach -- Detection of calcified atherosclerosis / Allen J. Taylor -- Coronary CT angiography : the patient with noncalcified plaque / Joanne D. Schuijf and Jeroen J. Bax -- The post-revascularization patient / Matthew J. Budoff -- Advanced vessel analysis / Harvey S. Hecht -- Applications of PET-CT and SPECT-CT / Marcelo F. Di Carli -- The left ventricle / Andreas H. Mahnken -- CT detection of myocardial perfusion, infarction, and viability / Richard T. George, Joao A.C. Lima, and Albert C. Lardo -- The right ventricle / David Bush -- Coronary veins, systemic veins, and atria / Jerold S. Shinbane ... [et al.] -- Aortic disease / Michael A. Bolen and Suhny Abbara -- Valvular heart disease / Hatem Alkadhi -- Prosthetic heart valves / Tracy Q. Callister -- Pericardial disease / Thomas C. Gerber, Birgit Kantor, and Eric E. Williamson -- Adult congenital heart disease / Stephen C. Cook -- Intracardiac masses / Amgad N. Makaryus and Lawrence M. Boxt -- Noncardiac findings identified on cardiovascular CT / Jonathan D. Dodd and Ricardo C. Cury.
- Atlas of cardiovascular emergencies 2015AccessEmergency MedicineAnatomy -- Electrocardiogarphy: normal heart, acute ischemia, and chronic disease -- Principles of cardiovascular imaging -- Devices -- Arrhythmias -- Vascular disease -- Cardiomyopathies -- Pediatric cardiology -- Procedures.
- Atlas of cardiovascular magnetic resonance imaging an imaging companion to Braunwald's heart disease 2010ClinicalKeyNormal cardiac anatomy / Saul G. Myerson, and Stefan Neubauer -- Normal vessel anatomy / Housseini M. Ahmed, Ugur Bozlar, Patrick T. Norton, and Klaus D. Hagspiel -- Left ventricular volumes, ejection fraction, mass, and shape / Nathaniel Reichek, and Dipti Gupta -- Measuring regional function / Nael F. Osman, Alexander Jehle, and Frederick H. Epstein -- Size and function of the right ventricle / Albert C. van Rossum, and Simon C. Koestner -- Atria and pulmonary veins / Saman Nazarian, David A. Bluemke, Hugh Calkins, and Henry R. Halperin -- Valvular heart disease / Marcus Y. Chen, and Andrew E. Arai -- Myocardial masses / Jennifer A. Dickerson, and Subha V. Raman -- Pericardial disease / Rajan A. G. Patel, and Christopher M. Kramer -- Dilated cardiomyopathy and myocardial infarction / NikolaosTzemos, Gabriel Vorobiof, adn Ryamond Y. Kwong -- Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy / Andrew S. Flett, and James C. Moon -- Iron cardiomyopathy / John C. Wood, and Nilesh Ghugre -- Myocarditis / Matthias G. Friedrich, and Oliver Strohm -- Simple congenital heart disease / Rebecca S. Beroukhim, and Tal Geva -- Complex congenital heart disease / Mark A. Fogel -- Postoperative evaluation of congenitial heart disease / Karen G. Ordovas, and Charles B. Higgins-- Perfusion stress magnetic resonance / Amedeo Chiribiri, Sven Plein, and Eike Nagel-- Wall motion stress magnetic resonance / William O. Ntim, Rahul Aggarwal, Chirapa Puntawangkoon, and W. Gregory Hundley -- Delayed-enhancement magnetic resonance / Chetan Shenoy, Annamalai Senthilkumar, and Raymond F. Kim -- Peripheral magnetic resonance angiography / Rajiv Agarwal, and Scott D. Flamm -- Diseases of the aorta / Mark A. Lawson -- Renal arteries / Christopher J. Francois, and Thomas M. Grist -- Coronary arteries and bypass grafts / Hajime Sakuma, and Yasutaka Ichikawa -- Coronary anomalies / Shahriar Heidary, and Michael V. McConnell -- Carotid atherosclerotic disease / Chun Yuan, Baocheng Chu, Niranjan Balu, Marina Ferguson, and Thomas S. Hatsukami -- Plaque and wall assessment / Alistair C. Lindsay, Justin M. Lee, Ilias Kylintireas, Matthew D. Robson, and Robin P. Choudhury.
- This atlas presents normal and pathologic findings observed on CT angiography with 3D reconstruction in a diverse range of clinical applications, including the imaging of cerebral, carotid, thoracic, coronary, abdominal, and peripheral vessels. The superb illustrations display the excellent anatomic detail obtained with CT angiography and depict the precise location of affected structures and lesion severity. Careful comparisons between normal imaging features and pathologic appearances will assist the reader in image interpretation and treatment planning, and the described cases include some very rare pathologies. In addition, the technical principles of the modality are clearly explained and guidance provided on imaging protocols. This atlas will be of value both to those in training and to more experienced practitioners within not only radiology but also cardiovascular surgery, neurosurgery, cardiology, and neurology.
- Atlas of endovascular venous surgery 2012ClinicalKeyVenous anatomy / Jose Almeida -- Noninvasive diagnosis of venous disorders / Jose Almeida -- Venous pathophysiology / Nico Labropoulos, Rafael Malgor -- Endovenous thermal ablation of saphenous reflux / Jose Almeida -- Endovenous radiofrequency ablation : current data / Jose Almeida -- Endovenous laser ablation : current data / Jose Almeida -- Chemical ablation / Jose Almeida -- Perforating veins / Jose Almeida -- Ambulatory phlebectomy / Jose Almeida -- Endovenous approach to recurrent varicose veins / Jose Almeida -- Spider telangiectasias / Edward Mackay -- Thromboembolic disease / Timothy Liem -- Endovenous placement of IVC filter / Timothy Liem -- Endovenous thrombectomy/thrombolysis / Nicos Labropoulos, Antonios Gasparis, Rafael Malgor -- Post-thrombotic syndrome / Nicos Labropoulos, Antonios Gasparis, Rafael Malgor -- Iliofemoral venous occlusive disease / Jose Almeida -- Pelvic congestion syndrome and ovarian vein reflux / Constantino Pena, James F. Benenati -- Endovenous management of central and upper extremity veins / Constantino Pena -- Venous malformations / Constantino Pena, Vittorio Anatonaci, Barry T. Katzen -- Venous ulcers / Ronald Bush -- Severity scoring & measuring outcomes / Michael Vazquez, Carolyn E. Munschaeu -- Evidence-based summary of guidelines from the American venous forum / Mark H. Meissner.
- Atlas of mitral valve imaging 2015SpringerNormal -- Stenosis -- Regurgitation -- Ischemic -- functional -- Infectious -- Perforations -- Role of stress -- Per procedural planning -- Interoperable findings -- Percutaneous repair -- Postoperative repair -- Postoperative follow-up.
- Atlas of pulmonary vascular imaging 2011Thieme"Packed with detailed, clearly labeled radiologic images on every page, this lavishly illustrated atlas teaches readers how to identify and quickly diagnose the spectrum of pulmonary vascular pathologies using the full range of imaging modalities. Each concise yet comprehensive chapter provides systematic coverage of the imaging manifestations of common, uncommon, and rare diseases. Explanatory text supplements each high-quality image to highlight only the most relevant, must-know information"--Provided by publisher.
- The fetal circulation -- Arteries of the head and neck -- Veins of the head and neck -- Lymphatic system of the head and neck -- Arteries of the spinal cord and spine -- Veins of the spinal cord and spine -- Thoracic aorta and arteries of the trunk -- Veins of the thorax -- Lymphatic system of the thorax -- Pulmonary arterial circulation -- Pulmonary venous circulation -- Pulmonary and thoracic lymphatic system -- Heart and coronary arteries -- Cardiac veins -- Arteries of the upper extremity -- Veins of the upper extremity -- Lymphatic drainage of the upper extremity -- Abdominal aorta and branches -- Arteries of the pelvis -- Veins of the abdomen and pelvis -- Lymphatic system of the abdomen and pelvis -- Arteries of the lower extremity -- Veins of the lower extremity -- Lymphatic system of the lower extremity.
- Featuring an easy-to-access, highly visual approach, Atlas of Vascular Surgery and Endovascular Therapy offers the comprehensive, step-by-step guidance you need to achieve optimal outcomes in the treatment of venous disorders. Covering the full range of diseases/disorders most important to vascular surgeons, this full-color, one-volume, atlas presents over 100 common and complex procedures, including open and endovascular techniques, with an emphasis on anatomy and imaging studies as they apply to each technique. Know what to do and expect with comprehensive coverage of almost every procedure you might need to perform. Find answers fast thanks to a consistent and logical chapter structure. (Indications, Surgical Anatomy, Preoperative Considerations, Operative Steps, Postoperative Considerations, Pearls & Pitfalls, and References) Review key techniques prior to performing surgery. Clinical images and 37 real-time video clips capture key moments in procedures including: surgical repair of a suprarenal aortic aneurysm; surgical repair of thoracoabdominal aortic aneurysm; endovascular treatment of aneurysms of the juxtarenal and pararenal aorta; surgical exposure and harvest of the femoropopliteal vein; and endovascular treatment of aortic arch vessels, subclavian and axillary artery. Visualize every procedure hanks to more than 1,000 full-color illustrations; including procedural photos and beautifully illustrated drawings that highlight the relevant anatomy and techniques in specific treatments. Prevent and plan for complications prior to a procedure thanks to a step-by-step approach to each procedure accompanied by relevant imaging studies. Glean all essential, up-to-date, need-to-know information about hot topics including: management of peripheral arterial disease; aortic aneurysms/aortic dissection; lower extremities/critical limb ischemia; and infra-inguinal occlusive disease. Access the fully searchable contents of the book and procedural videos online at Expert Consult.
- Behçet's disease-- from genetics to therapies 2015SpringerThis book, besides reviewing basic and clinical aspects of Behėt's disease, covers the latest findings, including genetic studies and treatment with biologics for the disease. Although the cause of Behėt's disease is still unknown, it is well known that genetic factors, such as HLA-B51, are involved in its development. Recently, novel susceptibility loci including IL10, IL23R-IL12RB2, and endoplasmic reticulum aminopeptidase 1 have been identified, providing new insights into the pathogenesis of the disease. In addition to basic research, the beneficial efficacy of anti-TNF-alpha monoclonal antibodies has also been suggested for not only uveitis associated with the disease but also other subtypes of the disease such as entero-, vasculo-, and neuro- Behėt's disease. Behėt's Disease: From Genetics to Therapies provides essential information both for basic researchers working in the fields of immunology, inflammation, and genetics, and for clinical physicians who are interested in Behėt's disease, such as ophthalmologists, rheumatologists, dermatologists, gastroenterologists, neurologists, and vascular surgeons.
- Biochemistry of atherosclerosis 2006Springer
- Biology and regulation of blood-tissue barriers 2013SpringerRegulation of permeability across the blood-brain barrier / Alexander S. Easton -- Drug transporters at brain barriers : expression and regulation by neurological disorders / Tamima Ashraf ... [et al.] -- The blood-retina barrier : tight junctions and barrier modulation / Matthew Campbell and Peter Humphries -- The inner blood-retinal barrier : molecular structure and transport biology / Ken-Ichi Hosoya and Masanori Tachikawa -- Endothelial and epithelial barriers in graft-versus-host disease / Sam C. Nalle and Jerrold R. Turner -- Structure and regulation of intestinal epithelial tight junctions : current concepts and unanswered questions / Andrei I. Ivanov -- Polarity protein complex scribble/Lgl/Dlg and epithelial cell barriers / Wen-Hui Su ... [et al.] -- The blood-biliary barrier, tight junctions, and human liver diseases / Nikki P. Lee -- The blood-follicle barrier (BFB) in disease and in ovarian function / Michelle K.Y. Siu and C. Yan Cheng -- Physiology and pathophysiology of the epithelial barrier of the female reproductive tract : role of ion channels / Hsiao Chang Chan ... [et al.] -- The blood-epididymis barrier and human male fertility / Øvemie Dubø and Daniel G. Cyr -- Blood-tissue barriers : morphofunctional and immunological aspects of the blood-testis and blood-epididymal barriers / Luiz R. França ... [et al.] -- Gap junctions and blood-tissue barriers / Michelle W.M. Li, Dolores D. Mruk, and C. Yan Cheng -- Transcriptional regulation of cell adhesion at the blood-testis barrier and spermatogenesis in the testis / Wing-Yee Lui and C. Yan Cheng -- C-Src and c-Yes are two unlikely partners of spermatogenesis and their roles in blood-testis barrier dynamics / Xiang Xiao ... [et al.] -- Role of P-glycoprotein at the blood-testis barrier on adjudin distribution in the testis : a revisit of recent data / Linlin Su ... [et al.] -- The apical ectoplasmic specialization-blood-testis barrier functional axis is a novel target for male contraception / Ka-Wai Mok ... [et al.].
- Part I. Blood Pressure: Basic Concepts of Steady and Pulsatile Arterial Hemodynamics -- 1. Arterial Stiffness, Wave Reflection, Wave Amplification: Basic Concepts, Principles of Measurement and Analysis in Humans / Michael F. O'Rourke, Caroline O'Brien, and Thomas Weber -- 2. Large Arteries, Microcirculation, and Mechanisms of Hypertension / Harry A.J. Struijker-Boudier -- 3. Direct Measurement of Local Arterial Stiffness and Pulse Pressure / Luc M. Van Bortel, Tine De Backer, and Patrick Segers --4. Ventricular-Arterial Coupling and Mechanism of Wave Reflections / Julio A. Chirinos and Patrick Segers -- 5. Determination of Systemic and Regional Arterial Structure and Function / Pierre Boutouyrie, Laurent Macron, Elie Mousseaux, and Stéphane Laurent -- 6. Animal Models for Studies of Arterial Stiffness / Patrick Lacolley, Simon N. Thornton, and Yvonnick Bezie -- 7. Elastin, Calcium and Age-Related Stiffening of the Arterial Wall / Jeffrey Atkinson -- 8. Genetic and Cellular Aspects of Arterial Stiffness / Athanase Benetos, Abraham Aviv, Patrick Lacolley, Michel E. Safar, and Véronique Regnault -- Part II. Blood Pressure and Sodium Balance: Pathophysiological Mechanisms and Cardiovascular Risk -- 9. Mechanical Stress and the Arterial Wall / Ernesto L. Schiffrin, Alain Tedgui, and Stephanie Lehoux -- 10. Pulsatile Stress, Arterial Stiffness, and Endothelial Function / Robinson Joannidès, Jérémy Bellien, and Christian Thuillez -- 11. Hypoxia, Arterial Blood Pressure, and Microcirculation / Jean-Jacques Mourad, Jean-Sébastien Silvestre, and Bernard I. Lévy -- 12. The Reality of Aging Viewed from the Arterial Wall / Majd AlGhatrif and Edward G. Lakatta -- 13. Emerging Aspects of Angiotensin Biology and Their Potential Role in the Vasculature / Richard N. Re and Julia L. Cook -- 14. Arterial Stiffness and the Sympathetic Nervous System / Gianfranco Parati and Paolo Salvi -- 15. Oxidative Stress and Hypertension / Jing Wu and David G. Harrison -- 16. Heart Failure with Preserved Ejection Fraction / Scott L. Hummel -- 17. Structural Alterations in Arterial Stiffness: Role of Arterial Fibrosis / Javier Díez -- 18. Salt and Multiorgan Damage in Hypertension: Vascular Stiffening and Cardiorenal Structural Dysfunction Responses / Edward D. Frohlich -- 19. Preventive Lessons from Hypertension and Myocardial Infarction: Treating Asymptomatic Individuals to Lower the Risk for Subsequent Cardiovascular Events / Marc A. Pfeffer -- Part III. Hypertension: Evaluation of Cardiovascular Risk and Organ Damage -- 20. Value of Brachial and Central Blood Pressure for Predicting Cardiovascular Events / Stanley S. Franklin, Carmel M. McEniery, John R. Cockcroft, and Ian B. Wilkinson -- 21. Predictive Value of Arterial Stiffness for Cardiovascular Events / Stéphane Laurent, Pierre Boutouyrie, and Francesco Mattace Raso -- 22. Heart Rate, Synchrony and Arterial Hemodynamics / Alberto P. Avolio, Mark Butlin, and Isabella Tan -- 23. Pulse Pressure Amplification and Arterial Stiffness in Middle Age / Alberto P. Avolio, Mark Butlin, and Athanase D. Protogerou -- 24. Arterial Stiffness, Central Blood Pressure and Cardiac Remodelling: From Cardiac Hypertrophy to Heart Failure / Mary J. Roman and Richard B. Devereux -- 25. The Relationship Between Aortic Stiffness, Microvascular Disease in the Brain and Cognitive Decline: Insights into the Emerging Epidemic of Alzheimer's Disease / Angelo Scuteri, Jonathan Stone, and Michael F. O'Rourke -- 26. Arterial Stiffness and Risk in Various Cardiovascular Diseases / Charalambos Vlachopoulos, Dimitrios Terentes- Printzios, Kenji Takazawa, and Christodoulos Stefanadis -- 27. Large Artery Remodeling and Chronic Kidney Disease / Marie Briet, Michel Delahousse, Gérard London, Stéphane Laurent, and Pierre Boutouyrie -- 28. Arterial Changes in Renal Transplantation / Sola Aoun Bahous, Serge Korjian, Yazan Daaboul, Jacques Blacher, and Michel E. Safar -- 29. Arterial Stiffness, Central Blood Pressure and Coronary Heart Disease / Piotr Jankowski, Jacques Blacher, and Thomas Weber -- Part IV. Clinical Involvement: Role of Age, Sex, Inflammatory and Metabolic Alterations -- 30. Modifications of Blood Pressure Profiles in the Very Old: Role of Frailty and Comorbidities / Athanase Benetos, Sylvie Gautier, and Michel E. Safar -- 31. Arterial Stiffness and Amplification in the Very Old / Athanase Benetos, Ghassan Watfa, Paolo Salvi, and Patrick Lacolley -- 32. Hypertension in Men and Women: Is It Different? / Harold Smulyan and Bruno Pannier -- 33. Obesity, Metabolic Syndrome, Diabetes and Smoking / Isabel Ferreira, Roel J.J. van de Laar, and Coen D.A. Stehouwer -- 34. Glucose, Insulin and Potential Strategies of Vascular Stiffening / Guanghong Jia, Annayya R. Aroor, Gerald A. Meininger, and James R. Sowers -- 35. Arterial Stiffness in Chronic Inflammation / Kaisa M. Mäki-Petäjä, Carmel M. McEniery, Stanley S. Franklin, and Ian B. Wilkinson -- Part V. Stratifications of Cardiovascular Risk and Therapeutic Consequences on Arterial Stiffness and Wave Reflections -- 36. Outcome-Driven Thresholds for Pulse Pressure on Office and Out-of-the-Office Blood Pressure Measurement / Yumei Gu, Lucas S. Aparicio, Yanping Liu, Kei Asayama, Tine W. Hansen, Teemu J. Niiranen, José Boggia, Lutgarde Thijs, and Jan A. Staessen -- 37. Properties of Central Arteries in Populations of Different Ethnicity: Ethnicity and Central Arteries / Augustine Nonso Odili, Yumei Gu, and Jan A. Staessen -- 38. Changing Concepts on the Role of Blood Pressure Reduction in Stroke Prevention with the Focus on β-Blocking Agents / Ji-Guang Wang, Feng-Hua Ding, Li-Hua Li, and Yan Li -- 39. Decreasing Arterial Stiffness and/or Wave Reflections Independently of Mean Arterial Pressure: Effect of Antihypertensive Drugs (Part 1) / Hélène Beaussier, Stéphane Laurent, and Pierre Boutouyrie -- 40. Decreasing Arterial Stiffness and/or Wave Reflections Independently of Mean Arterial Pressure: Effect of Non-antihypertensive Drugs (Part 2) / Hélène Beaussier, Stéphane Laurent, and Pierre Boutouyrie -- 41. Blood Pressure Variability: Measurements, Influential Factors, Prognosis and Therapy / Yi Zhang, Davide Agnoletti, Alexandra Yannoutsos, Michel E. Safar, and Jacques Blacher -- 42. Nitrate: The Ideal Drug Action for Isolated Systolic Hypertension in Elderly? / Xiong J. Jiang and Michael F. O'Rourke -- 43. De-stiffening Strategy, Sodium Balance, and Blockade of the Renin-Angiotensin System / Athanase D. Protogerou, Michel E. Safar, Gerard E. Plante, and Jacques Blacher -- 44. Long-Term Effects of Calcium Channel Blockers on Central and Peripheral Arteries / Yoshio Matsui and Michael F. O'Rourke -- 45. Exercise Training for the Modification of Arterial Stiffness and Wave Reflections / Julian W. Sacre and Bronwyn A. Kingwell.
- Brain, stroke, and kidney 2013KargerCerebral interaction and stroke / Toyoda, K. -- Inhibition of the renin-angiotensin-aldosterone system for cerebrorenal protection / Lambers Heerspink, H.J. -- Obesity and heart failure as a mediator of the cerebrorenal interaction / Jindal, A., Whaley-Connell, A., Sowers, J.R. -- Subclinical cerebral abnormalities in chronic kidney disease / Yao, H. ... [et al.] -- Carotid atherosclerosis in kidney disease / Kokubo, Y. -- Kidney disease and cognitive function / Elias, M.F., Dore, G.A., Davey, A. -- Risk of stroke in kidney disease / Ninomiya, T. -- Role of 24-hour blood pressure management in preventing kidney disease and stroke / Nagai, M., Hoshide, S., Kario, K. -- Preventing stroke and systemic embolism in renal patients with atrial fibrillation : focus on anticoagulation / Ahmad, Y., Lip, G.Y.H. -- Stroke features and management in patients with chronic kidney disease / Kamouchi, M. -- Stroke feature and management in dialysis patients / Iseki, K. -- Thrombolysis and hyperacute reperfusion therapy for stroke in renal patients / Hirano, T. -- Antiplatelet therapy for preventing stroke in patients with chronic kidney disease / Kim, S.J., Bang, O.Y.
- Print Material
- Braunwald's Heart disease a textbook of cardiovascular medicine. Tenth edition [10th ed.] 2015ClinicalKeyGlobal burden of cardiovascular disease -- Heart disease in varied populations -- Ethics in cardiovascular medicine -- Clinical decision making in cardiology -- Measurement and improvement of quality of care : relevance to cardiovascular clinical practice -- Critical evaluation of clinical trials -- Personalized and precision cardiovascular medicine -- Principles of cardiovascular genetics -- Drug therapeutics and personalized medicine -- Biomarkers, proteomics, metabolomics, and personalized medicine -- The history and physical examination : an evidence-based approach -- Electrocardiography -- Exercise testing -- Echocardiography -- The chest radiograph in cardiovascular disease -- Nuclear cardiology -- Cardiovascular magnetic resonance imaging -- Cardiac computed tomography -- Cardiac catheterization -- Coronary arteriography and intracoronary imaging -- Mechanisms of cardiac contraction and relaxation -- Pathophysiology of heart failure -- Clinical assessment of heart failure -- Diagnosis and management of acute heart failure -- Management of patients with heart failure with reduced ejection fraction -- Devices for monitoring and managing heart failure -- Heart failure with a preserved ejection fraction -- Surgical management of heart failure -- Mechanical circulatory support -- Cardiovascular regeneration and gene therapy -- Care of patients with end-stage heart disease -- Genetics of cardiac arrhythmias -- Genesis of cardiac arrhythmias : electrophysiologic considerations -- Diagnosis of cardiac arrhythmias -- Therapy for cardiac arrhythmias -- Pacemakers and implantable cardioverter-defibrillators -- Specific arrhythmias : diagnosis and treatment -- Atrial fibrillation : clinical features, mechanisms, and management -- Cardiac arrest and sudden cardiac death -- Hypotension and syncope -- The vascular biology of atherosclerosis -- Risk markers and the primary prevention of cardiovascular disease -- Systemic hypertension : mechanisms and diagnosis -- Systemic hypertension : management -- Lipoprotein disorders and cardiovascular disease -- Nutrition and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases -- Exercise-based, comprehensive cardiac rehabilitation -- Integrative approaches to the management of patients with heart disease -- Coronary blood flow and myocardial ischemia -- Approach to the patient with chest pain -- ST-elevation myocardial infarction : pathology, pathophysiology, and clinical features -- ST-elevation myocardial infarction : management -- Non-ST elevation acute coronary syndromes -- Stable ischemic heart disease -- Percutaneous coronary intervention -- Transcatheter therapies for structural heart disease in adults -- Diseases of the aorta -- Peripheral artery diseases -- Prevention and management of ischemic stroke -- Treatment of noncoronary obstructive vascular disease -- Diabetes and the cardiovascular system -- Congenital heart disease -- Valvular heart disease -- Cardiovascular infections -- The dilated, restrictive, and infiltrative cardiomyopathies -- Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy -- Myocarditis -- Chemical cardiomyopathies -- Cardiovascular complications of cancer therapeutic agents -- Cardiovascular abnormalities in HIV-infected individuals -- Pericardial diseases -- Traumatic heart disease -- Pulmonary embolism -- Pulmonary hypertension -- Sleep apnea and cardiovascular disease -- Cardiovascular disease in the elderly -- Cardiovascular disease in women -- Pregnancy and heart disease -- Exercise and sports cardiology -- Anesthesia and noncardiac surgery in patients with heart disease -- Endocrine disorders and cardiovascular disease -- Hemostasis, thrombosis, fibrinolysis, and cardiovascular disease -- Rheumatic fever -- Rheumatic diseases and the cardiovascular system -- Tumors affecting the cardiovascular system -- Psychiatric and behavioral aspects of cardiovascular disease -- Neurologic disorders and cardiovascular disease -- Interface between renal disease and cardiovascular illness -- Cardiovascular manifestations of autonomic disorders.
- Caplan's Stroke a clinical approach. 4th ed. 2009ClinicalKey1. Introduction and perspective -- 2. Basic pathology, anatomy, and pathophysiology of stroke -- 3. Diagnosis and the clinical encounter -- 4. Imaging and laboratory diagnosis -- 5. Treatment -- 6. Large artery occlusive disease of the anterior circulation -- 7. Large vessel occlusive disease of the posterior circulation -- 8. Penetrating and branch artery disease -- 9. Brain embolism -- 10. Hypoxic-ischemic encephalopathy, cardiac arrests, and cardiac encephalopathy -- 11. Nonatherosclerotic vasculopathies -- 12. Subarachnoid hemorrhage, aneurysms, and vascular malformations -- 13. Intracerebral hemorrhage -- 14. Stroke in children and young adults -- 15. Spinal cord vascular disease -- 16. Cerebral venous thrombosis -- 17. Stroke prevention -- 18 Complications in stroke patients -- 19. Recovery and rehabilitation.
- Cardiac lymphatic system an overview 2013SpringerAnatomy of the Cardiac Lymphatic System. A General Outline of the Cardiac Lymphatic System / Marios Loukas, Sameer Shah, Shivayogi Bhusnurmath, Bharti Shivayogi Bhusnurmath -- Development and Patterning of the Cardiac Lymphatic Network / Jörg Wilting, Jörg Männer -- The Cardiac Lymphatics and Heart Disease. The Link Between Lymphatic Obstruction and Congenital Heart Disease / Manish Bansal -- The Role of Lymphatics in Atherogenesis, Myocardial Infarction, Congestive Heart Failure, and Cardiac Transplantation / Shin Lin, Stanley G. Rockson -- The Lymphatics in Normal and Pathological Heart Valves / Ivana Kholová, Galina Dragneva, Seppo Ylä-Herttuala -- Therapeutic Applications Targeting the Cardiac Lymphatics in Heart Disease / Jae-Hyeong Park, Jin-Ok Jeong -- Imaging the Lymphatic System in Heart Transplantation and Its Immunological Implications / Kathryn Brown, Lindsey A. Edwards, Wilson Wong -- Cardiac Lymphatic Signaling. Tie Receptor Signaling in Cardiac Lymphangiogenesis / Xianghu Qu, H. Scott Baldwin -- VEGF Receptor Signaling in the Cardiac Lymphatics / Alexey Dashkevich, Karl B. Lemström, Antti I. Nykänen -- Hypoxia and the Cardiac Lymphatic System / Todd R. Wuest, P. Charles Lin -- The Potential of the Epicardium to Act as a Source of Lymphatic Cells / Linda Klotz, Paul Riley.
- Written by "internationally acclaimed" specialists, Cardio-Thoracic, Vascular, Renal and Transplant Surgery provides pertinent and concise procedure descriptions spanning benign and malignant problems and minimally invasive procedures. Complications are reviewed when appropriate for the organ system and problem, creating a book that is both comprehensive and accessible. Stages of operative approaches with relevant technical considerations are outlined in an easily understandable manner. Forming part of the series, Surgery: Complications, Risks and Consequences, this volume Cardio-Thoracic, Vascular, Renal and Transplant Surgery provides a valuable resource for all general surgeons and residents in training. Other healthcare providers will also find this a useful resource.
- Cardiology in family practice a practical guide 2006SpringerAcute coronary syndromes -- Arrhythmias -- Prevention of bacterial endocarditis -- Congestive heart failure -- Hyperlipidemia -- Hypertension -- Pericardial diseases -- Stable angina -- Valvular disease.
- Cardiorenal syndrome mechanisms, risk, and treatment 2010SpringerChronic kidney disease with a worldwide prevalence of 10% in the general population is emerging as a major public health priority. Renal dysfunction is associated with a high risk for cardiovascular complications. The relationship between renal insufficiency and cardiovascular disease, termed the cardiorenal syndrome exists whether impairment of renal function is a consequence of primary renal parenchymal disease or primary heart disease. This book provides a comprehensive update analysis of our current understanding of the cardiorenal syndrome including epidemiology pathophysiologic mechanism.
- The availability and diffusion of high-performance technologies has strengthened the role of CT angiography and MR angiography as simple, reliable techniques for the characterization and treatment planning of the principal diseases of the cardiovascular system, an understanding of which has become essential for all radiologists. The aim of this book is to provide concise but thorough information and guidance on the main methods and examination techniques used when performing high-quality CT angiography and MR angiography studies in a broad range of clinical settings. The lucid text is supported by a large number of case studies and is rich in advice on image interpretation and practical suggestions for the evaluation and reporting of the examinations. Importantly, a central feature is detailed comparison of the advantages and limitations of the two techniques in various diseases and vascular regions; the book will therefore enable both trainee and expert radiologists to understand their indications and to select the most appropriate technique in different contexts.
- Cardiovascular disease in AIDS 2005Springer
- Cardiovascular disease in AIDS. 2nd ed. 2009Springer
- Cardiovascular disease in racial/ethnic minorities: overview and perspectives -- Epidemiology of cardiovascular diseases and risk factors among racial/ethnic populations -- Unmasking racial/ethnic disparities in cardiovascular disease: nutritional, socioeconomic, cultural, and health-care-related contributions -- Race and genetics -- Race, genetics and cardiovascular disease -- Hypertension and stroke in racial/ethnic groups -- Dyslipidemia in racial/ethnic groups -- Novel & emerging risk factors in racial/ethnic groups -- Weight loss interventions to control blood pressure in an increasingly overweight, multi-ethnic society -- Obesity and the cardiometabolic syndrome: impact on chronic kidney disease and CVD -- Risk calculation and clustering within racial/ethnic groups -- Cardiovascular imaging in racial/ethinc populations: implications for the adequate application of cardiovascular imaging techniques guided by racial/ethnical risk factor variations -- Unique aspects of vascular and cardiac ultrasound in racial/ethnical groups -- Heart failure in racial/ethnic group -- Minority women and cardiovascular disease.
- Cardiovascular disease in the elderly 2005SpringerAging of the heart and arteries : relevance to cardiovascular disease / Samer S. Najjar and Edward G. Lakatta -- Frailty : keystone in the bridge between geriatrics and cardiology / William Russell Hazzard -- Cardiovascular risk factors in the elderly : evaluation and intervention / Susan J. Zieman and Beth R. Malasky -- Stable coronary artery disease in the elderly / Beth R. Malasky and Joseph S. Alpert -- Age and mortality and morbidity in ST-segment elevation myocardial infarction / Steven P. Schulman and Gary Gerstenblith -- Unstable angina/non-ST-elevation myocardial infarction in the elderly / Stephen D. Wiviott and Christopher P. Cannon -- Percutaneous coronary intervention in the elderly / Michael J. McWilliams and Eric J. Topol -- Cardiac surgery in the elderly / David D. Yuh and William A. Baumgartner -- Heart failure in the elderly / Michael W. Rich -- Valvular heart disease in the elderly / Milind Y. Desai and Gary Gerstenblith -- Arrhythmia management in the elderly / Jonathan P. Piccini and Hugh Calkins -- Peripheral arterial disease in the elderly / Emile R. Mohler III and William R. Hiatt -- Cardiac rehabilitation in older cardiac patients / Philip A. Ades -- Clinical pharmacology / Janice B. Schwartz -- Medical treatment of the cardiac patient approaching the end of life / Lofty L. Basta, W. Daniel Doty, and Michael D.D. Geldart.
- Cardiovascular disease methods and protocols v. 1-2, 2006.Springer Protocolsv. 2, 2006 Springer Protocolsv. 1. Genetics -- v. 2. Molecular medicine.
- Cardiovascular English 2008Springer
- Cardiovascular genomics 2005SpringerAngiotensin II receptor polymorphisms and hypertension / Bruno Baudin -- Angiotensinogen gene polymorphisms and hypertension / Ashok Kumar -- Substitution mapping: using congenic strains to detect genes controlling blood pressure / Bina Joe and Michael R. Garrett -- Local production of angiotensinogen: insights from genetic manipulation of mice / Kamal Rahmouni and Curt D. Sigmund -- Cardiovascular pharmacogenomics / Julie A. Johnson and Larisa H. Cavallari -- Genetic polymorphisms and responses to HMG-CoA, reductase inhibitors / Anke-Hilse Maitland-van der Zee, Olaf H. Klungel, and Anthonius de Boer -- Monogenic causes of heart failure: familial dilated cardiomyopathy / Hideko Kasahara -- Gene therapy vs. pharmacotherapy / Ryuichi Morishita -- Molecular therapeutic approaches for myocardial protection / Alok S. Pachori, Luis G. Melo, and Victor J. Dzau -- Gene transfer and the cardiovascular system / William H. Miller ... [et al.] -- Kallikrein gene transfer in hypertension, cardiovascular and renal disease, and stroke / Julie Chao and Lee Chao -- Current and future novel targets of gene therapy for hypertension / Michael J. Katovich, Justin L. Grobe, and Mohan K. Raizada -- Application of viral gene transfer in studies of neurogenic hypertension / Sergey Kasparov, A.G. Teschemacher, and Julian F.R. Paton -- Vigilant vectors: intelligent gene vectors for cardioprotection in myocardial ischemia / M. Ian Phillips and Yi Tang -- Gene therapy for cerebral arterial diseases / Yoshimasa Watanabe and Donald D. Heistad -- Therapeutic angiogenesis and vasculogenesis for tissue regeneration / Paolo Madeddu -- Cell transplantation: the new frontier / Shafie Fazel ... [et al.] -- Embryonic stem cells and the cardiovascular system / Neta Lavon and Nissim Benvenisty.
- Cardiovascular hemodynamics an introductory guide 2013SpringerA basic understanding of cardiovascular physiology is essential for optimal patient care. This practical book provides a concise tutorial of all the essential aspects of cardiovascular hemodynamics and the techniques used to assess cardiovascular performance. A high-yield reference, this book is replete with figures, tracings, tables, and clinical pearls that reinforce the basic tenets of hemodynamics. From identifying key findings of the patient history and physical exam to correlating hemodynamic tracings with acute clinical presentations, this book arms the reader with the tools necessary to handle any hemodynamic-related situation.
- Cardiovascular imaging 2011ClinicalKeyEmbryologic Basis and Segmental Approach to Imaging of Congenital Heart Disease -- Cardiac Anatomy -- Coronary Anatomy -- Physiology of the Heart -- Radiology of the Heart : Plain Film Imaging and Diagnosis -- Echocardiography -- Diagnostic Coronary Angiography -- Physics of Cardiac Computed Tomography -- Clinical Techniques of Cardiac Computed Tomography -- Radiation Dose Reduction Strategies in Cardiac Computed Tomography -- Contrast Agents and Medications in Cardiac Computed Tomography -- Image Postprocessing in Cardiac Computed Tomography -- Methods for Cardiac Magnetic Resonance Imaging -- Clinical Techniques of Cardiac Magnetic Resonance Imaging : Morphology, Perfusion, and Viability -- Clinical Techniques of Cardiac Magnetic Resonance Imaging : Function -- Clinical Techniques of Cardiac Magnetic Resonance Imaging : Functional Interpretation and Image Processing -- Magnetic Resonance Evaluation of Blood Flow -- Contrast Agents in Magnetic Resonance Imaging -- Magnetic Resonance Imaging Safety -- Physics and Instrumentation of Cardiac Single Photon Emission Computed Tomography -- Clinical Single Photon Emission Computed Tomography Cardiac Protocols -- Radiopharmaceutical Single Photon Emission Computed Tomography Imaging Agents -- Physics and Instrumentation of Cardiac Positron Emission Tomography/Computed Tomography -- Clinical Techniques of Positron Emission Tomography and PET/CT -- Radiopharmaceuticals and Radiation Dose Considerations in Cardiac Positron Emission Tomography and PET/CT -- Pharmacologic Stress Agents -- Congenital Percutaneous Interventions -- Congenital Cardiac Surgery -- Percutaneous Catheter-Based Treatment of Coronary and Valvular Heart Disease -- Surgery for Acquired Cardiac Disease -- Imaging of Atrial Fibrillation Intervention -- Coronary Calcium Assessment -- Congenital Coronary Anomalies -- Indications and Patient Selection in Obstructive Coronary Disease -- Interpretation and Reporting in Obstructive Coronary Disease -- Coronary Artery Aneurysms -- Imaging of Coronary Revascularization : Coronary Stents and Bypass Grafts -- Imaging of Coronary Revascularization : Coronary Stents and Bypass Grafts -- Coarctation of the Aorta -- Vascular Rings and Slings -- Magnetic Resonance Imaging of the Aorta and Left Ventricular Function in Inherited and Congenital Aortic Disease -- Atrial Septal Defect -- Ventricular Septal Defect -- Patent Ductus Arteriosus -- Transposition of the Great Arteries -- Truncus Arteriosus -- Anomalous Pulmonary Venous Connections and Drainage -- Tetralogy of Fallot -- Ebstein Anomaly -- Complex Congenital Heart Disease -- Magnetic Resonance Imaging in the Postoperative Evaluation of the Patient with Congenital Heart Disease -- Atherosclerotic Coronary Artery Disease -- Acute Coronary Syndrome -- Magnetic Resonance and Computed Tomographic Imaging of Myocardial Perfusion -- Nuclear Medicine Imaging of Myocardial Perfusion -- Magnetic Resonance and Computed Tomographic Imaging of Myocardial Function -- Nuclear Medicine Imaging of Ventricular Function -- Magnetic Resonance Imaging of Myocardial Viability -- Nuclear Medicine Imaging of Myocardial Viability -- Postoperative Imaging of Ischemic Cardiac Disease -- Aortic and Mitral Valvular Disease -- Tricuspid and Pulmonary Valvular Disease -- Dilated Cardiomyopathy -- Restrictive Cardiomyopathy -- Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy -- Arrhythmogenic Right Ventricular Dysplasia -- Myocarditis -- Cardiac Tumors -- Pericardial Effusion -- Acute Pericarditis -- Constrictive Pericarditis -- Arterial Anatomy of the Thorax -- Arterial Anatomy of the Abdomen -- Arterial Anatomy of the Pelvis and Lower Extremities -- Arterial Anatomy of the Upper Extremities -- Venous Anatomy of the Thorax -- Venous Anatomy of the Abdomen and Pelvis -- Venous Anatomy of the Extremities -- Vascular Ultrasonography : Physics, Instrumentation, and Clinical Techniques -- Physics of Computed Tomography -- Computed Tomographic Angiography : Clinical Techniques -- Magnetic Resonance Angiography : Physics and Instrumentation -- Magnetic Resonance Angiography : Clinical Techniques -- Basic Three-Dimensional Postprocessing in Computed Tomographic and Magnetic Resonance Angiography -- Advanced Three-Dimensional Postprocessing in Computed Tomographic and Magnetic Resonance Angiography -- Nuclear Medicine : Extrathoracic Vascular Imaging -- Percutaneous Vascular Interventions -- Vascular Surgery -- Noninvasive Imaging of Atherosclerosis -- Carotid Artery Disease -- Ultrasound Evaluation of the Carotid Arteries -- Magnetic Resonance and Computed Tomographic Angiography of the Extracranial Carotid Arteries -- Thoracic Aortic Aneurysms -- Acute Aortic Syndrome -- Thoracic Aortic Trauma -- Thoracic Aortitis -- Subclavian Steal Syndrome -- Acute Pulmonary Thromboembolic Disease -- Chronic Pulmonary Embolism -- Pulmonary Hypertension -- Pulmonary Edema -- Pulmonary Hemorrhage and Vasculitis -- The Abdominal Aorta -- Postendograft Imaging of the Abdominal Aorta and Iliac Arteries -- Open Repair of Abdominal Aortic Aneurysms and Postoperative Assessment -- Magnetic Resonance Imaging of Vascular Disorders of the Abdomen -- Renal Artery Hypertension -- Renal Arteries : Computed Tomographic and Magnetic Resonance Angiography -- Renal Artery Scintigraphy -- Sonography of the Renal Vessels -- Inferior Vena Cava and Its Main Tributaries -- Vascular Imaging of Hepatic Transplantation -- Vascular Imaging of Renal and Pancreatic Transplantation -- Peripheral Artery Disease -- Lower Extremity Operations and Interventions -- Computed Tomographic Angiography of the Lower Extremities -- Peripheral Magnetic Resonance Angiography -- Vascular Diseases of the Upper Extremities -- Venous Sonography of the Upper Extremities and Thoracic Outlet -- Hemodialysis Fistulas.
- Cardiovascular imaging review. 1st ed. 2011ClinicalKeyElectrocardiography -- Echocardiography -- Angiography -- Cardiovascular computed tomography -- Cardiovascular magnetic resonance imaging -- Board review questions.
- Part 1: Preclinical imaging of mechanisms of atherosclerosis and its complications -- Pathobiology and basic mechanisms of atherosclerosis -- Ultrasound imaging of endothelial cell activation and damage in atherosclerosis -- Molecular imaging of macrophages -- Optical molecular imaging of inflammation and calcification in atherosclerosis -- Imaging of antigen-presenting cells -- Imaging of oxidation-specific epitopes -- Intravascular molecular imaging -- Imaging of complications of atherosclerosis (platelets aggregation and thrombosis) -- Part 2: Imaging insights into mechanisms of calcific aortic valve disease (CAVD) and calcification -- Pathobiology and basic mechanisms of CAVD -- Molecular imaging of aortic valve inflammation and calcification: Preclinical studies -- PET CT imaging of inflammation and calcification in CAVD: Clinical studies -- Ultrasound imaging of CAVD -- Micro-OCT imaging of microcalcification -- Part 3: Clinical imaging of inflammation and calcification -- MR imaging in cardiovascular disease -- Molecular mechanisms of atherosclerosis imaged by MR -- Cardiovascular nuclear imaging -- Preclinical and clinical PET CT imaging of inflammation and calcification -- Clinical feasibility and monitoring of the effects of anti-inflammatory therapy in atherosclerosis.
- Cardiovascular magnetic resonance imaging 2007Springer
- Cardiovascular magnetic resonance. 2nd ed. 2010ClinicalKeyCardiovascular Magnetic Resonance provides you with up-to-date clinical applications of cardiovascular MRI for the broad spectrum of cardiovascular diseases, including ischemic, myopathic, valvular, and congenital heart diseases, as well as great vessel and peripheral vascular disease. Editors Warren J. Manning and Dudley J. Pennell and their team of international contributors cover everything from basic MR physics to sequence design, flow quantification and spectroscopy to structural anatomy and pathology. Learn the appropriate role for CMR in a variety of clinical settings with reference to other modalities, practical limitations, and costs. With the latest information on contrast agents, MR angiography, MR spectroscopy, imaging protocols, and more, this book is essential for both the beginner and expert CMR practitioner. Covers both the technical and clinical aspects of CMR to serve as a comprehensive reference. Demonstrates the full spectrum of the application of cardiac MR from ischemic heart disease to valvular, myopathic, pericardial, aortic, and congenital heart disease. Includes coverage of normal anatomy, orientation, and function to provide you with baseline values. Discusses advanced techniques, such as interventional MR, to include essential information relevant to the specialist. Features appendices with acronyms and CMR terminology used by equipment vendors that serve as an introduction to the field. Uses consistent terminology and abbreviations throughout the text for clarity and easy reference.
- Cardiovascular medicine. 3rd ed. 2007Springer
- Cardiovascular MR manual 2011SpringerWhat's inside the magnet and why? -- The MRI environment -- Protons and spins: the origin of the MRI signal -- Generating a signal: RF pulses and echoes -- Relaxation times, gradient echoes, and spin echoes -- Making an image: locating and encoding signals in space -- Image space and k-space -- Imaging parameters and image attributes -- Improving SNR with surface coils and array coils -- Pulse sequences and image contrast -- Gradient echo versus spin echo -- Black blood versus bright blood imaging -- Dealing with cardiac motion: how do we image the beating heart? -- Dealing with respiratory motion -- Fast imaging: how do we speed up the image acquisition? -- Special pulse sequences for cardiac imaging -- Common artifacts -- The basics of a CMR study -- Components of CMR protocols -- Anatomy of CMR -- The CMR report -- Diseases of the aorta -- Cardiomyopathies -- Pericardial disease -- Cardiac masses -- Valvular heart disease -- Ischemic heart disease -- Basic adult congenital heart disease (ACHD) -- Pulmonary vein assessment -- Interventional cardiovascular magnetic resonance imaging.
- Cardiovascular pediatric critical illness and injury 2009Springer
- Cardiovascular physiology. 10th ed. 2013ClinicalKeyOverview of the circulation and blood -- Excitation : the cardiac action potentia -- Automaticity : natural excitation of the heart -- The cardiac pump -- Regulation of the heartbeat -- Hemodynamics -- The arterial system -- The microcirculation and lymphatics -- The peripheral circulation and its control -- Control of cardiac output: coupling of heart and blood vessels -- Coronary circulation -- Special circulations -- Interplay of central and peripheral factors that control the circulation.
- Cardiovascular surgery 2007 Council on Cardio-Thoracic and Vascular Surgery, American Heart Association Scientific Sessions 2007, Orlando, Florida, November 4-7, 2007 2008HighWire
- Cardiovascular system 2002Cold Spring Harb Lab PressDevelopment of the cardiovascular system -- Transcription factors in cardiovascular development -- Vascular biology -- Tumor angiogenesis -- Genetics and genomics of the cardiovascular system -- Regulation of the heart -- Heart disease and failure -- Hypertension, atherosclerosis, and lipid homeostasis -- Repairing the cardiovascular system -- Author index -- Subject index.
- Tools for Assessment of Cardiovascular Tests and Therapies -- New Drug Development -- Device Development for Cardiovascular Therapeutics: Concepts and Regulatory Implications -- Pharmacogenetics -- Systems of Health Care -- Global Cardiovascular Therapy -- Pharmacologic Options for Treatment of Ischemic Disease -- Stable Ischemic Heart Disease/Chronic Stable Angina -- Non-ST-Segment Elevation Acute Coronary Syndromes -- ST-Segment Elevation Myocardial Infarction -- Advances in Coronary Revascularization -- Pharmacologic Management of Heart Failure in the Ambulatory Setting -- Implantable Devices for the Management of Heart Failure -- Strategies for Management of Acute Decompensated Heart Failure -- Cardiac Transplantation and Circulatory Support Devices -- Regenerative Therapy for Heart Failure -- Hypertrophic, Restrictive, and Infiltrative Cardiomyopathies -- Clinical Pharmacology of Antiarrhythmic Drugs -- Pharmacologic Management of Supraventricular Tachycardias -- Atrial Fibrillation -- Nonpharmacologic Treatment of Tachyarrhythmias -- Role of Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators in Primary and Secondary Prevention of Sudden Cardiac Death -- Treatment of Ventricular Tachycardia and Cardiac Arrest -- Drugs for Elevated Low-Density Lipoprotein Cholesterol -- Therapy to Manage Low High-Density Lipoprotein Cholesterol and Elevated Triglycerides -- Cardiovascular Disease and Lifestyle Modification -- Steps Beyond Diet and Drug Therapy for Severe Hypercholesterolemia -- Initial Evaluation and Approach to the Patient with Hypertension -- Pharmacologic Management of Hypertension -- Endocrine Causes of Hypertension -- Resistant Hypertension -- Hypertensive Crisis -- Hypertension in Pregnancy -- Management of Hypertension in Children and Adolescents -- Peripheral Artery Disease -- Cerebrovascular Disease -- Renal Artery Stenosis -- Pulmonary Embolism and Deep Vein Thrombosis -- Treatment of Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension -- Aortic Disease -- Pharmacologic Options for Treating Cardiovascular Disease During Pregnancy -- Care for Adults with Congenital Heart Disease -- Prevention and Treatment of Infective Endocarditis -- Treatment of Pericardial Disease -- Optimal Timing of Surgical and Mechanical Intervention in Native Valvular Heart Disease -- Surgery for Valvular Heart Disease -- Percutaneous Treatment for Valvular Heart Disease -- Manifestations, Mechanisms, and Treatment of HIV-Associated Cardiovascular Disease -- Rehabilitation of the Patient with Cardiovascular Disease.
- Carotid artery stenting the basics 2009Springer
- Cases in interventional cardiology. 1st ed. 2011ClinicalKeySection 1. Complex coronary interventions -- section 2. Complications -- section 3. Management dilemmas and controversies -- section 4. Peripheral and noncoronary interventions.
- Operator skills, and in particular decision-making and strategic skills, are the most critical factor for the outcome of catheter-based cardiovascular interventions. Currently, such skills are commonly developed by the empirical trial and error method only. In this textbook, for the first time, an explicit teaching, training, and learning approach is set out that will enable interventional operators, whether cardiologists, vascular surgeons, vascular specialists, or radiologists, to learn about and to develop the cognitive skills required in order to achieve consistent expert-level catheter-based interventions. It is anticipated that adoption of this approach will allow catheter-based interventions to become a domain of excellence, with rapid transfer of knowledge, steep learning curves, and highly efficient acquisition of complex skills by individual operators -- all of which are essential if we are to meet successfully the challenges of modern cardiovascular care embedded in highly competitive health care markets.
- Cell signaling in vascular inflammation 2005SpringerHeme oxygenase-1 and carbon monoxide in vascular regulation / Stefan W. Ryter and Augustine M.K. Choi -- Tumor necrosis factor-[alpha]/receptor signaling through the Akt kinase / Osman Nidai Ozes ... [et al.] -- Protein modifications by nitric oxide and reactive nitrogen species / Harry Ischiropoulos -- Redox signaling in hypoxic pulmonary vasoconstriction / E. Kenneth Weir ... [et al.] -- cGMP-dependent protein kinase in regulation of the perinatal pulmonary circulation / Usha Raj ... [et al.] -- Glutamate receptor activation in the pathogenesis of acute leg injury / Sami I. Said -- Carboxyl methylation of small GTPases and endothelial cell function / Sharon Rounds, Elizabeth O. Harrington, and Qing Lu -- Pressure-induced inflammatory signaling in lung endothelial cells / Wolfgang M. Kuebler -- Regulation of endothelial barrier function: contributions of the transcellular and paracellular pathways / Dolly Mehta, Richard D. Minshall, and Asrar B. Malik -- Sphingolipid signaling: implications for vascular biology / Margaret M. Harnett -- Regulations of cytokine signaling / Bao Q. Vuong ... [et al.] -- Cell signaling by vasoactive agents / Barry L. Fanburg ... [et al.] -- Reactive oxygen species and cell signaling in lung ischemia / Aron B. Fisher -- Pulmonary vascular barrier regulation by thrombin and Edg receptors / Jeffrey R. Jacobson and Joe G.N. Garcia -- Second-messenger signaling in lung capillaries / Kaushik Parthasarathi -- Plasma membrane-to-nucleus calcium signaling / Giles E. Hardingham -- Signaling by mitochondria / Navdeep S. Chandel -- Pro-inflammatory signaling by endothelial focal complexes in lung / Sunita Bhattacharya -- Hydrogen peroxide as intracellular messenger: production, target, and elimination / Sue Goo Rhee ... [et al.] -- Calcium-inhibited adenylyl cyclase (AC6) controls endothelial cell barrier function / Troy Stevens.
- Cellular and molecular pathobiology of cardiovascular disease 2014ClinicalKeyFocuses on the pathophysiology of common cardiovascular disease in the context of its underlying mechanisms and molecular biology. This book has been developed from the editors' experiences teaching an advanced cardiovascular pathology course for PhD trainees in the biomedical sciences, and trainees in cardiology, pathology, public health, and veterinary medicine.
- Cellular cardiomyoplasty methods and protocols 2013Springer ProtocolsCellular cardiomyoplasty : its past, present, and future / Elizabeth K. Lamb, Grace W. Kao, and Race L. Kao -- Skeletal muscle stem cells / Grace W. Kao, Elizabeth K. Lamb, and Race L. Kao -- Bone marrow stem cells / Minh Ngoc Duong, Yu-Ting Ma, and Ray C.J. Chiu -- Adipose tissue-derived mesenchymal stem cells : isolation, expansion and characterization / Miriam Araña [and 4 others] -- Cardiac side population cells and Sca-1-positive cells / Toshio Nagai, Katsuhisa Matsuura, and Issei Komuro -- Two-step protocol for isolation and culture of cardiospheres / Lijuan Chen [and 5 others] -- Generation of human iPSCs from human peripheral blood mononuclear cells using non-integrative sendai virus in chemically defined conditions / Jared M. Churko, Paul W. Burridge, and Joseph C. Wu -- Identification of stem cells after transplantation / Yingjie Wang [and 5 others] -- Methods to study the proliferation and differentiation of cardiac side population (CSP) cells / Konstantina-Ioanna Sereti [and 3 others] -- Immune responses after mesenchymal stem cell implantation / Rony Atoui and Ray C.J. Chiu -- Route of delivery, cell retention, and efficiency of polymeric microcapsules in cellular cardiomyoplasty / Alice Le Huu [and 3 others] -- Angiogenic nanodelivery systems for myocardial therapy / Arghya Paul, Dominique Shum-Tim, and Satya Prakash -- Bio-hybrid tissue engineering for cellular cardiomyoplasty : future directions / Juan Carlos Chachques -- Decellularized whole heart for bioartificial heart / Hug Aubin [and 4 others] -- Clinical trials of cardiac repair with adult bone marrow-derived cells / Vinodh Jeevanantham [and 3 others] -- Clinical study using adipose-derived mesenchymal-like stem cells in acute myocardial infarction and heart failure / Ilia Alexander Panfilov [and 3 others].
- Cellular therapy for stroke and CNS injuries 2015SpringerThe first book to focus on cellular therapy for stroke and other CNS injuries. Addresses recent research on all relevant cell types including neural stem cells, bone marrow stem cells, endothelial progenitor cells, and many others that have had protective or regenerative effects in animal models. Cellular therapy for stroke and neural trauma has gained worldwide attention during the last decade and has shown some promising results. The book also provides information on cell isolation and culture skills, transplantation methods, and neurological functional evaluations.
- This revised and enlarged edition of Cerebral Angiography, which includes new angiographic studies and illustrative drawings, offers detailed guidance on diagnostic use of the procedure. The first part of the book describes the normal anatomy of the cerebral arteries and veins, with attention to morphological aspect, embryological development, function, and vascular territories. The intraorbital and extracranial vascularization is also considered. The reader will gain a sound knowledge of normal vascular anatomy and its variations that will serve as a basis for the correct interpretation of pathological processes and their clinical significance, as covered in the second part of the book. Among the pathologies considered are vascular abnormalities, including angiomas, fistulas and aneurysms; atherosclerotic and non-atherosclerotic stenosis and occlusion of the cerebral vessels; venous thrombosis; intraorbital and extracranial vascular malformations. Pathogenesis, morphological and dynamic aspects, responsible for clinical symptoms and influencing the therapy are described. While the emphasis throughout is on the diagnostic value of cerebral angiography, many examples of endovascular treatment in different pathological situations are also presented, with discussion of indications, risks and results.
- The book contains 48 articles presented at the 11th International Conference on Cerebral Vasospasm held in Cincinnati, Ohio, USA, in July 2011. This collection of papers represents a cross-section of the enormous progress that has been made towards a thorough understanding and effective treatment of neurovascular events following aneurysmal subarachnoid hemorrhage, including cerebral vasospasm. It is of interest to clinicians who wish to apply state-of-the-art knowledge to their management of this devastating condition and to basic scientists wishing to expand their understanding of cerebrovascular and neural pathophysiology related to subarachnoid hemorrhage.
- Chronic kidney disease and hypertension 2015SpringerThe treatment of hypertension has become the most important intervention in the management of all forms of chronic kidney disease. Chronic Kidney Disease and Hypertension is a current, concise, and practical guide to the identification, treatment and management of hypertension in patients with chronic kidney disease. In depth chapters discuss many relevant clinical questions and the future of treatment through medications and or novel new devices.
- Chronic venous disorders are a major health problem due to their wide prevalence and socio-economic considerations. This book is a comprehensive manual providing state- of- the- art information on the diagnosis and management of these common problems. Till recently venous disorders have been getting secondary attention as compared to their arterial counterpart. However, the last two decades witnessed major technological advancements and therapeutic strategies for these problems. Written with a surgical perspective, this monograph covers the latest developments and recommended procedures in an easy-to-read format guiding the surgeon to prepare a rational treatment plan. Supplemented with numerous figures and illustrations, the chapters update the readers with how to evaluate such patients in their practices, selection criteria for appropriate procedures and how to manage the complications. The book includes basics of venous disorders, primary varicose veins and recurrence after surgery, chronic venous insufficiency, venous ulcers and congenital venous malformations. Detailed coverage of endo-venous procedures such as radio-frequency ablation, laser ablation and foam sclerotherapy are additional essential features of this book. Primarily intended for the practicing general surgeon, this volume is also relevant for residents in general surgery and vascular surgery.
- Cleveland clinic manual of vascular surgery 2014SpringerThis book, from the faculty and residents of one of the world?s most respected hospitals, provides a comprehensive and concise approach to vascular disease. Beginning with the foundations of vascular disease and diagnosis, this text moves on to cover critical disease processes. Each section of the book, dedicated to a unique pathology, explains salient pathophysiology, presentation, diagnosis, treatment options, and outcomes. A special emphasis is given to both open and endovascular techniques and their related pitfalls. Additionally, reflecting the growing importance of evidence-based medicine, readers are provided with references to critical publications that underpin diagnostic and therapeutic recommendations. Diagnosis, treatment, and more are provided succinctly, allowing this text to be broad in focus while remaining in a convenient portable format. As a brief review for practicing physicians or a primary educational text for fellows, residents, and medical students, Cleveland Clinic Manual of Vascular Surgery is a valuable addition to everyone?s library.
- Clinical cardiac MRI 2012Springer[1.] Cardiac MRI Physics / Vivek Muthurangu and Steven Dymarkowski -- [2.] MR Contrast Agents for Cardiac Imaging / Yicheng Ni -- [3.] Practical Set-Up / S. Dymarkowski -- [4.] Cardiac Anatomy / J. Bogaert and A. M. Taylor -- [5.] Cardiovascular MR Imaging Planes and Segmentation / A. M. Taylor and J. Bogaert -- [6.] Cardiac Function / J. Bogaert -- [7.] Myocardial Perfusion / J. Bogaert and K. Goetschalckx -- [8.] Ischemic Heart Disease / J. Bogaert and S. Dymarkowski --  Heart Muscle Diseases / J. Bogaert and A. M. Taylor -- [10.] Pulmonary Hypertension / Shahin Moledina and Vivek Muthurangu -- [11.] Heart Failure and Heart Transplantation / S. Dymarkowski and J. Bogaert -- [12.] Pericardial Disease / J. Bogaert and A. M. Taylor -- [13.] Cardiac Masses / J. Bogaert and S. Dymarkowski -- [14.] Valvular Heart Disease / Andrew M. Taylor, Steven Dymarkowski, and Jan Bogaert -- [15.] Coronary Artery Diseases / S. Dymarkowski, J. Bogaert, and A. M. Taylor -- [16.] Congenital Heart Disease / Marina L. Hughes, Vivek Muthurangu, and Andrew M. Taylor -- [17.] Imaging of Great Vessels / Oliver R. Tann, Jan Bogaert, Andrew M. Taylor, and Vivek Muthurangu -- [18.] MR Guided Cardiac Catheterization / Vivek Muthurangu and Andrew M. Taylor -- [19.] Cardiovascular Modeling / Giovanni Biglino, Silvia Schievano, Vivek Muthurangu, and Andrew Taylor -- [20.] General Conclusions / J. Bogaert, S. Dymarkowski, A. M. Taylor, and V. Muthurangu.
- Through case presentations and a question and answer format, Clinical Decisions in Nephrology, Hypertension and Renal Transplantation provides a state of the art, updated reference for the optimal management of patients with diseases of the kidneys, and hypertension. This volume starts with the assessment of the patient, focusing on history and physical examination. Subsequently, cases depicting various clinical syndromes and/or diseases are presented, with questions centering on the appropriate diagnostic and treatment strategy. This sets the stage for a 'Socratic approach' to learning between the attending physician and the house staff or medical student.This is the only book featuring problem-oriented true to life clinical cases in this format to cover nephrology, hypertension and kidney transplantation. Written by renowned actively practicing clinicians, this unique reference is both comprehensive and concise and will be of great value to hospitalists and internists, as well as students, and interns/residents rotating in nephrology and internal medicine. Clinical practitioners, in the fields of critical care and hypertension specialists would also find this of value.
- Clinical Insights-- geriatric valvular disease 2015Future MedGeriatric valvular disease -- Overview of sterotactic body radiation therapy for spinal metastasis -- Molecular mechanisms of calcific aortic valve disease -- Assessing operative risk in elderly patients with heart valve disease -- Transcatheter aortic valve replacement in the high-risk elderly -- Aortic stenosis -- Management and follow-up of valvular disease in the geriatric population -- Ask the experts: Risk stratification in asymptomatic elderly patients with severe aortic stenosis -- Multiple choice questions: answers.
- Clinical lipidology a companion to Braunwald's Heart disease. Second edition [2nd ed.] 2015ClinicalKeyHuman plasma lipoprotein metabolism -- Regulation and clearance of apolipoprotein B-containing lipoproteins -- Absorption and excretion of intestinal cholesterol and other sterols -- High-density lipoprotein metabolism -- Lipoproteins : mechanisms for atherogenesis and progression of atherothrombotic disease -- Impact of rare and common genetic variants on lipoprotein metabolism -- Lipoprotein oxidation : mechanisms and biotheranostic applications -- Cholesterol : concentration, ratio, and particle number -- High-density lipoprotein cholesterol and triglycerides in coronary heart disease risk assessment -- Lipoprotein(a) -- Clinical evaluation for genetic and secondary causes of dyslipidemia -- Use of high-sensitivity c-reactive protein for risk assessment -- Role of lipoprotein-associated phospholipase A2 in vascular disease -- Emerging assays -- Imaging atherosclerosis for risk stratification by cardiac computed tomography or carotid ultrasound -- Overview of general approach to management of elevated low-density lipoprotein cholesterol and mixed dyslipidemia, high triglycerides, and low high-density lipoprotein cholesterol -- Treatment guidelines overview -- Dietary patterns for the prevention and treatment of cardiovascular disease -- Exercise and lipids -- Weight loss -- Statins -- Bile acid sequestrants -- Cholesterol absorption inhibitors -- Niacin (nicotinic acid) -- Fibrates -- Omega-3 fatty acids -- Combination therapy for dyslipidemia -- Nutraceuticals and functional foods for cholesterol reduction -- Evolving targets of therapy : cholesteryl ester transfer protein inhibition -- Evolving targets of therapy : proprotein convertase subtilisin/kexin 9 inhibition -- Evolving targets of therapy : inflammation as a method to predict and prevent cardiovascular events -- Invasive imaging modalities and atherosclerosis : intravascular ultrasound -- Noninvasive imaging modalities and atherosclerosis : the role of ultrasound -- Noninvasive imaging modalities and atherosclerosis : the role of magnetic resonance imaging and positron emission tomography imaging -- Special patient populations : diabetes and metabolic syndrome -- Special patient populations : women and elderly -- Special patient populations : children and adolescents -- Special patient populations : familial hypercholesterolemia and other severe hypercholesterolemias -- Special patient populations : acute coronary syndromes -- Special patient populations : transplant recipients -- Special patient populations : chronic kidney disease -- Special patient populations : lipid abnormalities in high-risk ethnic groups -- Special patient populations : human immunodeficiency virus patients -- Therapeutic targeting of high-density lipoprotein metabolism.
- Clinical review of vascular trauma 2014SpringerCare of the vascular trauma patient is a unique undertaking that requires a cohesive, multidisciplinary approach from all the surgical subspecialties to be successful. This is the first textbook of its kind to bring together all prominent management strategies from each of the surgical subspecialties, creating a unified voice on the management of the vascular trauma patient.? The purpose of the book is to serve as a practical surgical reference for the diagnosis and management of traumatic vascular injuries. Management of common vascular injuries is examined from a general, trauma, vascular, orthopaedic, plastics, cardiothoracic, and neurosurgical perspective by respected experts from each of these fields. Each section has been edited by specialists in the other relevant disciplines to ensure that every chapter represents an evidence-based assessment of all of the surgical subspecialties. Some essential topics include ideal choices of incision, endovascular versus open surgery, and the order in which to repair complex orthopedic and vascular injuries. Supplementing the clear and concise text are dozens of surgical photographs, illustrations, tables, and charts that assist in conveying complex concepts in vascular trauma management. Insights from the multidisciplinary panel of authors and editors help to simplify complex decision-making and streamline the overall care for critically ill patients. The Clinical Review of Vascular Trauma will be essential reading for any healthcare professional involved in care of the trauma patient.
- A clinical manual on hypertension for primary care physicians. Serves as an up-to-date reference on hypertension for use in clinical practice. Includes dozens of clear and informative tables and figures to maximize comprehension. Addresses the most recentand crucial developments in a very common chronic condition. Gives a comprehensive review of currently available medications and combination therapy. Approximately one billion people worldwide are affected by hypertension. About 24% of the adult population in the US are hypertensive, and the number is expected to increase with the rising rates of obesity and diabetes. As hypertension affects so many and spans across varying ages, genders, ethnicities, and socioeconomic classes, all clinicians are likely to encounter patients with hypertension on regular basis. Hypertension is one of the major causes of cardiovascular diseases, and timely diagnosis and treatment are essential. The manual will give the reader a thorough overview of antihypertensive lifestyle modifications, first-line therapy, combination therapies, comorbid conditions, therapeutic challenges, and the latest trends in antihypertensive therapy. Pharmaceutical companies can use this clinician's manual as an excellent educational giveaway, as the booklet includes the latest clinical research results and treatment options for hypertension. The manual will give the reader a thorough overview of antihypertensive lifestyle modifications, first-line therapy, combination therapies, comorbid conditions, therapeutic challenges, and the latest trends in antihypertensive therapy. Pharmaceutical companies can use this clinician's manual as an excellent educational giveaway, as the booklet includes the latest clinical research results and treatment options for hypertension. The manual will give the reader a thorough overview of antihypertensive lifestyle modifications, first-line therapy, combination therapies, comorbid conditions, therapeutic challenges, and the latest trends in antihypertensive therapy. Pharmaceutical companies can use this clinician's manual as an excellent educational giveaway, as the booklet includes the latest clinical research results and treatment options for hypertension. Approximately one billion people worldwide are affected by hypertension. About 24% of the adult population in the US are hypertensive, and the number is expected to increase with the rising rates of obesity and diabetes. As hypertension affects so many and spans across varying ages, genders, ethnicities, and socioeconomic classes, all clinicians are likely to encounter patients with hypertension on regular basis. Hypertension is one of the major causes of cardiovascular diseases, and timely diagnosis and treatment are essential. The manual will give the reader a thorough overview of antihypertensive lifestyle modifications, first-line therapy, combination therapies, comorbid conditions, therapeutic challenges, and the latest trends in antihypertensive therapy. Pharmaceutical companies can use this clinician's manual as an excellent educational giveaway, as the booklet includes the latest clinical research results and treatment options for hypertension. The manual will give the reader a thorough overview of antihypertensive lifestyle modifications, first-line therapy, combination therapies, comorbid conditions, therapeutic challenges, and the latest trends in antihypertensive therapy. Pharmaceutical companies can use this clinician's manual as an excellent educational giveaway, as the booklet includes the latest clinical research results and treatment options for hypertension. The manual will give the reader a thorough overview of antihypertensive lifestyle modifications, first-line therapy, combination therapies, comorbid conditions, therapeutic challenges, and the latest trends in antihypertensive therapy. Pharmaceutical companies can use this clinician's manual as an excellent educational giveaway, as the booklet includes the latest clinical research results and treatment options for hypertension. Approximately one billion people worldwide are affected by hypertension. About 24% of the adult population in the US are hypertensive, and the number is expected to increase with the rising rates of obesity and diabetes. As hypertension affects so many and spans across varying ages, genders, ethnicities, and socioeconomic classes, all clinicians are likely to encounter patients with hypertension on regular basis. Hypertension is one of the major causes of cardiovascular diseases, and timely diagnosis and treatment are essential. The manual will give the reader a thorough overview of antihypertensive lifestyle modifications, first-line therapy, combination therapies, comorbid conditions, therapeutic challenges, and the latest trends in antihypertensive therapy. Pharmaceutical companies can use this clinician's manual as an excellent educational giveaway, as the booklet includes the latest clinical research results and treatment options for hypertension. The manual will give the reader a thorough overview of antihypertensive lifestyle modifications, first-line therapy, combination therapies, comorbid conditions, therapeutic challenges, and the latest trends in antihypertensive therapy. Pharmaceutical companies can use this clinician's manual as an excellent educational giveaway, as the booklet includes the latest clinical research results and treatment options for hypertension. The manual will give the reader a thorough overview of antihypertensive lifestyle modifications, first-line therapy, combination therapies, comorbid conditions, therapeutic challenges, and the latest trends in antihypertensive therapy. Pharmaceutical companies can use this clinician's manual as an excellent educational giveaway, as the booklet includes the latest clinical research results and treatment options for hypertension.
- This atlas reviews the spectrum of pathologies affecting the structures of the cardiovascular (CV) system most frequently encountered in sudden cardiac deaths, and has been conceived as a first step for making CV pathology diagnoses. It is almost impossible to establish an accurate diagnosis based only on morphology, and therefore this atlas is to assemble knowledge and points of view from two medical specialties, cardiology and forensic pathology. It has been designed as a practical visual reference that includes a summary of clinical characteristics, many high quality images and clear tables containing the main morphological characteristics of each disease. Clinico-Pathological Atlas of Cardiovascular Diseases has been written by cardiologists and forensic pathologists and histopathologists, which enables a combination approach in each chapter, to produce a thorough resource that will be of relevance to a wide range of specialists, including cardiologists, cardiac surgeons, interventional cardiologists, forensic doctors, and pathologists.
- Collateral circulation of the heart 2009Springer
- Color atlas and synopsis of vascular diseases 2014AccessSurgeryLower extremities: miscellaneous diseases -- Aortic and upper extremity arterial disease -- Carotid artery occlusive disease -- Aneurysmal disease -- Non-atherosclerotic disorders -- Arterial and venous visceral disease -- Venous diseases -- Limb swelling -- Vasospastic and vasculitic diseases -- Environmental diseases -- Limb ulcerations.
- Combination therapy in dyslipidemia 2015SpringerComprising contributions from leading lipidologists from around the world, this book presents the latest and most comprehensive knowledge on the different options for combination therapy of dyslipidemia, and includes discussion of future therapies that are currently in late stages of clinical evaluation. Dyslipidemia is a leading cause of cardiovascular morbidity and mortality and most patients with this condition fail to achieve adequate control of their serum lipid levels with monotherapy. However, recent US and European guideline recommendations, based on randomized, controlled trials, fail to discuss combination therapy options for patients with dyslipidemia. Statins remain the mainstay of drug therapy for hyperlipidemia and chapters in this book specifically examine the role of add-on therapy with different agents modulating the different lipid fractions in the blood, e.g. bile acid sequestrants, fibric acid derivatives (fibrates), omega-3 fatty acids (fish oils), inhibitors of Niemann-Pick C1 like 1 (NPC1L1) protein, cholesteryl ester transfer protein (CETP), apolipoprotein B-100 and microsomal triglyceride transfer protein (MTP), and the emerging proprotein convertase subtilisin/kexin type 9 (PCSK9) inhibitors. There is additional discussion of the role of non-drug therapy options such as nutraceuticals, functional foods and lipoprotein apheresis. The book also discusses the combination of antihypertensive drugs with lipid-lowering drugs in the management of cardiovascular risk in patents with dyslipidemia.
- Combination therapy in hypertension 2011SpringerFor over 30 years, the stepped care approach has been used in the management and treatment of hypertension. This approach advocates the use of initial monotherapy to reach the desired blood pressure, and the subsequent use of additional drugs with complementary modes of action, until the target BP is achieved. However, current control rates for hypertension suggest that such an approach may be outdated and no longer effective in the management of hypertension. Clinical trials have shown that more than 50% of patients require a combination of drug therapies to achieve their target BP. Some proponents of combination therapy have argued that the risk of adverse side effects and non-compliance will be lower than that compared to monotherapy, which initially requires higher doses to be administered to be effective. Consequently, there have been increasing calls of the necessity for a much more combined approach in the treatment of hypertension. Adding to this, Combination Therapy in Hypertension will cover current control rates of blood pressure worldwide, the benefits of monotherapy and combination therapy, examine the effectiveness, risk of adverse effects, compliance, and cost of the available therapies and will also include information on relevant outcome studies.
- 1.2 million myocardial infarctions occurred last year in the U.S., and 480,000 patients died following complications of infarction. Now, you can detect and treat the many complications associated with myocardial infarction in time to save many more patients. This title in the brand-new Clinical Diagnostic Imaging Atlas Series offers you authoritative guidance from a well-known cardiologist and imaging expert about when and how to perform the latest diagnostic imaging tests, interpret the results, and effectively treat the emergency. Detailed discussions of hot topics, full-color illustrations, and a DVD of procedural video clips, animations, and downloadable image libraries help you provide fast, appropriate treatment for each challenging case you face. Offers detailed advice on when and how to screen for the most prevalent but often difficult-to-diagnose complications of myocardial infarction to help you improve care and increase survival rates. Discusses the hottest topics in myocardial infarction, including cardiogenic shock ₅ left ventricle remodeling ₅ thrombi ₅ right ventricle infarction ₅ free wall rupture ₅ false aneurysms ₅ tamponade ₅ ventricular septal rupture ₅ papillary muscle rupture ₅ and more that prepare you to better diagnose and manage whatever you see. Presents 70 fully illustrated case presentations with teaching points that make information easy to understand and digest. Addresses the advantages and limitations of chest radiology, transthoracic and transesophageal echocardiography, cardiac CT, MR, angiography, and nuclear cardiology techniques so you can quickly determine the best imaging approach. Includes supporting evidence and current AHA/ACC guidelines for more accurate interpretations of your imaging findings. Uses a consistent, easy-to-follow chapter format that includes topic overview, an outline of imaging/diagnostic options, and case-based examples to make reference easy. Provides more than 400 full-color illustrations for expert visual guidance. Includes a bonus DVD containing hundreds of video clips of techniques and animations that show you what to look for and how to proceed as well as downloadable image libraries for use in electronic presentations.
- Print Material1. A Short History of the Study of Hypertension -- 2. Blood Pressure in Westernized and Isolated Populations -- 3. Regional Differences in Blood Pressure in Developed Countries -- 4. Early-Life Influences on Blood Pressure -- 5. Blood Pressure and the Risks of Cardiovascular Disease and Stroke -- 6. Lifestyle and Blood Pressure -- 7. Dietary Fats and Blood Pressure --8. Effects of Dietary Patterns -- 9. Renovascular Hypertension: Pathophysiology and Evaluation of Renal Function -- 10. Left Ventricular Physiology and Pathophysiology in Hypertension --11. Hemodynamics of Hypertension --12. The Arterial System in Human Hypertension -- 13. Resistance Vessels in Hypertension -- 14. The Endothelium in Hypertension: Assessment and Clinical Aspects of Micro- and Macrovascular Function -- 15. Vascular Remodeling and Rarefaction in Hypertension -- 16. The RhoA/Rho-Kinase Signaling Pathway in Vascular Smooth Muscle Contraction: Biochemistry, Physiology, and Pharmacology -- 17. Matrix Metalloproteinases and the Extracellular Matrix -- 18. Cell Membranes (Blood Cell and Platelet Membranes in Human Essential Hypertension) -- 19. Arterial and Venous Function in Hypertension -- 20. Sodium Pumps -- 21. Platelet and Coagulation Abnormalities -- 22. Role of Cytokines and Inflammation in Hypertension -- 23. Role of the Kidney in Hypertension -- 24. The Baroreflex in the Pathogenesis of Hypertension -- 25. Central Nervous System Control of Blood Pressure -- 26. Aldosterone and Other Steroids -- 27. The Renin-Angiotensin System in the Pathophysiology of Essential Hypertension -- 28. The Endothelin System -- 29. Nitric Oxide -- 30. Reactive Oxygen Species, Oxidative Stress, and Vascular Biology in Hypertension -- 31. Natriuretic Peptides -- 32. Other Peptide and Related Systems including Substance P, Calcitonin Gene-Related Peptide, and Serotonin -- 33. Multiple Roles of Eicosanoids in Blood Pressure Regulation -- 34. Role of Sex Steroids in Hypertension -- 35. Genetic Approaches to Hypertension: Relevance to Human Hypertension -- 36. Monogenic Forms of Human Hypertension -- 37. Therapeutic Potential of Systemic Gene Transfer Strategy for Hypertension and Cardiovascular Disease -- 38. Pathophysiology of Obesity-Induced Hypertension and Target Organ Damage -- 39. Exercise and Hypertension -- 40. Electrolyte Intake and Human Hypertension -- 41. Alcohol Intake and Blood Pressure -- 42. Psychosocial Stress and Hypertension -- 43. Overview of Assessment and Investigation of Hypertension: A Pragmatic Practical Approach -- 44. Blood Pressure Measurement -- 45. Out-of-Office Blood Pressure Monitoring -- 46. Cardiologic Investigation of the Hypertensive Patient -- 47. The Effects of Hypertension on the Structure of Human Resistance Vessels -- 48. The Brain in Hypertension -- 49. Kidney Disease and Hypertension -- 50. Hypertensive Heart Disease -- 51. The Eye in Hypertension -- 52. Hypertension in Children and Adolescents -- 53. Hypertension in the Elderly -- 54. Hypertension in Pregnancy -- 55. Insulin Resistance and Diabetes in Hypertension -- 56. Hypertension in Renal Failure -- 57. Hypertension in Racial and Ethnic Minorities -- 58. Hyperadrenergic and Labile Hypertension -- 59. Resistant Hypertension -- 60. Perioperative Hypertension: Preparing the Hypertensive Patient for Anesthesia for Surgery -- 61. Hypertension in the Context of Acute Myocardial Infarction and Percutaneous Coronary Interventions -- 62. Hypertension in Patients with Concomitant Cardiac Disorders -- 63. Hypertensive Urgencies and Emergencies -- 64. Renovascular Hypertension -- 65. Proteinuria -- 66. Renin-Secreting Tumors and Other Renin-Secreting States -- 67. Primary Hyperaldosteronism and Other Forms of Mineralocorticoid Hypertension -- 68. Glucocorticoid Hypertension -- 69. Cushing's Syndrome and Human Glucocorticoid Hypertension -- 70. Oral Contraceptives, Hormone Replacement Therapy, and Hypertension -- 71. Drug-Induced Hypertension -- 72. Catecholamines, Pheochromocytoma, and Hypertension: Genomic Insights -- 73. Nonadrenal Endocrine Hypertension -- 74. Coarctation of the Aorta -- 75. Hypertension Due to Central Nervous System Dysfunction -- 76. Sleep Apnea and Hypertension -- 77. Diuretics -- 78. Beta Blockers in Hypertension -- 79. Calcium Antagonists -- 80. Angiotensin-Converting Enzyme Inhibitors -- 81. Angiotensin II Receptor Blockers -- 82. Alpha Adrenoreceptor Antagonists -- 83. Centrally Acting Agents -- 84. Vasodilators -- 85. Novel Drug Treatments for Hypertension -- 86. Fixed Low-Dose Antihypertensive Therapy -- 87. Interactions Between Antihypertensive Drugs and Other Medications -- 88. Lipid-Lowering Therapy -- 89. Antithrombotic Therapy in Hypertension -- 90. Control of Blood Glucose and Insulin Resistance -- 91. Target Blood Pressure in Hypertension Treatment: The J-shaped Curve Controversy -- 92. Adherence, Quality of Life, Cost Effectiveness, and the Role of the Pharmacist -- 93. Nonpharmacologic Management of Hypertension -- 94. Multidisciplinary Management of Hypertension and the Role of the Nurse -- 95. World Health Organization/International Society of Hypertension (WHO/ISH): Hypertension Guidelines and Statements -- 96. Treatment Guidelines: The United States JNC7 -- 97. The 2003 Guidelines for the Management of Hypertension of the European Society of Hypertension and European Society of Cardiology -- 98. Treatment Guidelines: The Developing World.
- Comprehensive vascular and endovascular surgery. 2nd ed. 2009ClinicalKeyThis 2nd Edition delivers in-depth, clinically focused coverage of all aspects of vascular surgery in an exceptionally well-designed single reference. Each disease chapter follows the same consistent format, for quick consultation and better comprehension. The revised 2nd Edition features several new chapters, increased endovascular treatment coverage, and updated data from the latest trials, bringing you the newest advances from the field. More than 1,000 photographs, line drawings and tables-including many revised illustrations now in color-depict key concepts and procedures. With its practical user friendly approach-and online access through Expert Consult functionality-this resource offers convenient access to complete guidance.
- Continuum of coronary artery disease what do we know now that we did not know then? : proceedings of a Satellite Symposium held at the XXIII Congress of the European Society of Cardiology, Stockholm, Sweden, 1 September 2001. 2002HighWire
- This book reviews the surgical management of patients with aortic disease, revealing many options open to cardiovascular specialists in this often controversial area of management. It reviews each controversy and provides clinical information for cardiac surgery, and discusses the spectrum of disorders and their management. With the knowledge base in this discipline changing rapidly, Controversies in Aortic Dissection and Aneurysmal Disease meets an important requirement to consolidate the wide-ranging information on which clinicians must base their practice. It is directed towards surgeons, physicians, and healthcare workers involved in the care of patients requiring cardiac, cardiothoracic and cardiovascular surgery. This book will be an essential resource for these professionals looking to accelerate the translation of basic research findings into clinical study and practice.
View by page
- ACEi and ARBS in hypertension and heart failure — Controversies in aortic dissection and aneurysmal disease (100)
- Controversies in neurological surgery neurovascular diseases — Molecular defects in cardiovascular disease (100)
- Molecular sensors for cardiovascular homeostasis — Tutorials in endovascular neurosurgery and interventional neuroradiology (100)
- Ultrasonography in vascular diagnosis a therapy-oriented textbook and atlas. 2nd ed. — White matter injury in stroke and CNS disease (27)
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- AAP Red Book Online
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Sabiston Textbook of Surgery
- Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics
- Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics
- Mandell, Douglas, & Bennett's Principles & Practice of Infectious Diseases
- Red Book Online
- ICU Book
- Primary Care Medicine
- Campbell-Walsh Urology
Access restricted to Stanford community
Shortcut to Licensed Content
TO INSTALL, DRAG THIS BUTTON to your browser Bookmarks or Tools Bar.
Bookmark on Other Websites
- TO INSTALL, RIGHT CLICK this button.
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
- Once installed it will look like this
- Click "Bookmark on Lane" to bookmark any webpage
- Your saved bookmark will appear on this page
TO INSTALL, RIGHT CLICK this button.
Can't find it?
Look if we have it in print
- Springer Protocols
- Lange Series
- National Academy Press
- NCBI Bookshelf
- Thieme Atlases
A repository of medical knowledge from internal medicine, cardiology, genetics, pharmacy, diagnosis and management, basic sciences, patient care, and more. Continuously expanding, all databases in the repository contain the latest editions of selected medical titles.MicroMedex: Premier pharmaceutical information source containing multiple databases and drug reference tools. Of particular value is DRUGDEX Evaluations, one of the most comprehensive drug sources available.DynaMed is a clinical information resource used by physicians to answer clinical questions quickly and easily at the point of care. Topics are updated daily as new evidence becomes available. Scopus is the largest abstract and citation database of peer-reviewed literature: scientific journals, books and conference proceedings.A drug information resource containing: American Hospital Formulary System (AHFS), drug formulary for Lucile Packard Children's Hospital (LPCH) and Stanford Hospital & Clinics (SHC), Lexi-Drugs (adverse reactions, dosage and administration, mechanism of action, storage, use, and administration information), Lexi-Calc, Lexi-ID, Lexi-I.V. Compatibility (King Guide), Lexi-Interact, and Lexi-PALS.Cumulative Index to Nursing and Allied Health Literature (CINAHL) contains coverage of nursing and allied health literature.A knowledge database that provides access to topic reviews based on over 6000 clinically relevant articles. The evidence-based content, updated regularly, provides the latest practice guidelines in 59 medical specialtiesProvides critical assessments of systematic reviews compiled from a variety of medical journals.Selects from the biomedical literature original studies and systematic reviews that are immediately clinically relevant and then summarizes these articles in an enhanced abstract with expert commentary.Multidisciplinary coverage of over 10,000 high-impact journals in the sciences, social sciences, and arts and humanities, as well as international proceedings coverage for over 120,000 conferences. Includes cited reference searching, citation maps, and an analyze tool.Features systematic reviews that summarize the effects of interventions and makes a determination whether the intervention is efficacious or not. Cochrane reviews are created through a strict process of compiling and analyzing data from multiple randomized control trials to ensure comprehensiveness and reliability.Provides systematic coverage of the psychological literature from the 1800s to the present through articles, book chapters and dissertations.BMJ Clinical Evidence. A clinical information tool built around systematic reviews summarizing the current state of knowledge about prevention and treatment of clinical conditions.PIER (Physicians' Information and Education Resource) is a Web-based decision-support tool designed for rapid point-of-care delivery of up-to-date, evidence-based guidance for primary care physicians.Cochrane Central Register of Controlled Trials (CENTRAL) provides access to 300,000 controlled trials that have been identified the Cochrane Collaboration.Provides drug information targeted for patients.A continually updating drug monograph.The National Guideline Clearinghouse (NGC): A comprehensive database of evidence-based clinical practice guidelines and related documents.MedlinePlus: A repository of health information from the National Library of Medicine. Links are from trusted sites. No advertising, no endorsement of commercial companies or productsLPCH CareNotes via MicroMedex: Patient education handouts customized by LPCH clinical staffMicromedex Lab Advisor: Evidence based laboratory test informationA drug database organized by generic name, trade name and drug class.LPCH / Stanford Hospital Formulary.A goldmine of trusted consumer health information from the world's largest medical library.A trusted source of expert advice for and about kids, providing the information necessary to help patients and parents understand their unique needs.Provides patient handouts from the American Academy of Family Physician.Access to the Stanford Health Library for patients.Lane provides access to over 5,000 eBooks many of which provide helpful background material that will prepare you to better tackle primary literature.Largest, broadest eBook package; covers all sciences, as well as technology (including software), medicine, and humanities. In addition to covering Wiley and Springer, MyiLibrary is also the only provider for Oxford and Cambridge University Press titles. No seat restrictions.A collection of biomedical books that can be searched directly by concept, and linked to terms in PubMed abstracts.A web-based, decision support system for infectious diseases, epidemiology, microbiology and antimicrobial chemotherapy. The database, updated weekly, currently includes 337 diseases, 224 countries, 1,147 microbial taxa and 306 antibacterial (-fungal, -parasitic, -viral) agents and vaccines. Over 10,000 notes outline the status of specific infections within each country.
Large number of high quality software and database programming titles from O'Reilly. Other software titles are also available from Sams and Prentice Hall. Limited to 7 concurrent users.Vast collection of software and database programming titles from multiple publishers, including Microsoft Press.Largest provider of engineering-related eBooks; includes titles in computer science and biomedical engineering.Over 4,000 full-text e-books covering scientific and technical information from CRC Press and others. Many handbooks and single volume reference sources.Includes peer-reviewed life science and biomedical research protocols compiled from Methods in Molecular Biology, Methods in Molecular Medicine, Methods in Biotechnology, Methods in Pharmacology and Toxicology, Neuromethods, the Biomethods Handbook, the Proteomics Handbook, and Springer Laboratory Manuals.Contains full text access to selected biomedical and nursing books.Provides online, full-text access to Springer's journal titles as well as journals from other publishers. Subjects include: life sciences, chemical sciences, environmental sciences, geosciences, computer science, mathematics, medicine, physics and astronomy, engineering and economics. Also includes eBooks.Collection of over 8 thousand fulltext titles in engineering, math, and basic and applied biomedical research. Coverage is from 1967 to the present.A library of ebooks on a wide array of topics, digitized and made available online in conjunction with the original publishers.