Books by Subject
- Adrenomedullin in cardiovascular disease 2005, Springer
- Advances in vascular medicine 2010, Springer
- AHA clinical cardiac consult. 2nd ed. 2007, Ovid
- AHA clinical cardiac consult. 3rd ed. / 2011, Ovid
- Angiogenesis 2007, CRCnetBASE
- Angiogenesis -- in vitro systems 2008, ScienceDirect
- Angiogenesis -- in vivo systems. Part A-B v.1-2, 2008., ScienceDirectpt. B, 2008 ScienceDirect
- Aortic aneurysms 2009, Springer
- Applications of biotechnology in cardiovascular therapeutics 2011, Springer
- Atherosclerosis 2005, Springer
- Atherosclerosis and oxidant stress 2008, Springer
- Atherosclerosis disease management 2011, Springer
- Atlas of atherosclerosis and metabolic syndrome. 5th ed. 2011, Springer
- Atlas of heart disease and stroke 2004, WHO
- Atlas of vascular anatomy. 2nd ed. 2007, OvidThe fetal circulation -- Arteries of the head and neck -- Veins of the head and neck -- Lymphatic system of the head and neck -- Arteries of the spinal cord and spine -- Veins of the spinal cord and spine -- Thoracic aorta and arteries of the trunk -- Veins of the thorax -- Lymphatic system of the thorax -- Pulmonary arterial circulation -- Pulmonary venous circulation -- Pulmonary and thoracic lymphatic system -- Heart and coronary arteries -- Cardiac veins -- Arteries of the upper extremity -- Veins of the upper extremity -- Lymphatic drainage of the upper extremity -- Abdominal aorta and branches -- Arteries of the pelvis -- Veins of the abdomen and pelvis -- Lymphatic system of the abdomen and pelvis -- Arteries of the lower extremity -- Veins of the lower extremity -- Lymphatic system of the lower extremity.
- Beta-blockade across the cardiovascular continuum 2009, HighWire
- Biochemistry of atherosclerosis 2006, Springer
- Brain, stroke, and kidney 2013, KargerCerebral interaction and stroke / Toyoda, K. -- Inhibition of the renin-angiotensin-aldosterone system for cerebrorenal protection / Lambers Heerspink, H.J. -- Obesity and heart failure as a mediator of the cerebrorenal interaction / Jindal, A., Whaley-Connell, A., Sowers, J.R. -- Subclinical cerebral abnormalities in chronic kidney disease / Yao, H. ... [et al.] -- Carotid atherosclerosis in kidney disease / Kokubo, Y. -- Kidney disease and cognitive function / Elias, M.F., Dore, G.A., Davey, A. -- Risk of stroke in kidney disease / Ninomiya, T. -- Role of 24-hour blood pressure management in preventing kidney disease and stroke / Nagai, M., Hoshide, S., Kario, K. -- Preventing stroke and systemic embolism in renal patients with atrial fibrillation : focus on anticoagulation / Ahmad, Y., Lip, G.Y.H. -- Stroke features and management in patients with chronic kidney disease / Kamouchi, M. -- Stroke feature and management in dialysis patients / Iseki, K. -- Thrombolysis and hyperacute reperfusion therapy for stroke in renal patients / Hirano, T. -- Antiplatelet therapy for preventing stroke in patients with chronic kidney disease / Kim, S.J., Bang, O.Y.
- Braunwald's Heart disease. 8th ed. v. 1-2, 2008.Print Material
- Braunwald's Heart disease. 9th ed. 2012, MD Consult
- Cancer metastasis and the lymphovascular system 2007, Springer
- Cardiology in family practice 2006, SpringerAcute coronary syndromes -- Arrhythmias -- Prevention of bacterial endocarditis -- Congestive heart failure -- Hyperlipidemia -- Hypertension -- Pericardial diseases -- Stable angina -- Valvular disease.
- Cardiorenal syndrome 2010, Springer
- Cardiovascular CT and MR imaging 2013, SpringerThe availability and diffusion of high-performance technologies has strengthened the role of CT angiography and MR angiography as simple, reliable techniques for the characterization and treatment planning of the principal diseases of the cardiovascular system, an understanding of which has become essential for all radiologists. The aim of this book is to provide concise but thorough information and guidance on the main methods and examination techniques used when performing high-quality CT angiography and MR angiography studies in a broad range of clinical settings. The lucid text is supported by a large number of case studies and is rich in advice on image interpretation and practical suggestions for the evaluation and reporting of the examinations. Importantly, a central feature is detailed comparison of the advantages and limitations of the two techniques in various diseases and vascular regions; the book will therefore enable both trainee and expert radiologists to understand their indications and to select the most appropriate technique in different contexts.
- Cardiovascular disease v. 1-2, 2006., Springer Protocolsv. 2, 2006 Springer Protocolsv. 1. Genetics -- v. 2. Molecular medicine.
- Cardiovascular disease in AIDS 2005, Springer
- Cardiovascular disease in AIDS. 2nd ed. 2009, Springer
- Cardiovascular disease in racial and ethnic minorities 2009, SpringerCardiovascular disease in racial/ethnic minorities: overview and perspectives -- Epidemiology of cardiovascular diseases and risk factors among racial/ethnic populations -- Unmasking racial/ethnic disparities in cardiovascular disease: nutritional, socioeconomic, cultural, and health-care-related contributions -- Race and genetics -- Race, genetics and cardiovascular disease -- Hypertension and stroke in racial/ethnic groups -- Dyslipidemia in racial/ethnic groups -- Novel & emerging risk factors in racial/ethnic groups -- Weight loss interventions to control blood pressure in an increasingly overweight, multi-ethnic society -- Obesity and the cardiometabolic syndrome: impact on chronic kidney disease and CVD -- Risk calculation and clustering within racial/ethnic groups -- Cardiovascular imaging in racial/ethinc populations: implications for the adequate application of cardiovascular imaging techniques guided by racial/ethnical risk factor variations -- Unique aspects of vascular and cardiac ultrasound in racial/ethnical groups -- Heart failure in racial/ethnic group -- Minority women and cardiovascular disease.
- Cardiovascular disease in the elderly 2005, SpringerAging of the heart and arteries : relevance to cardiovascular disease / Samer S. Najjar and Edward G. Lakatta -- Frailty : keystone in the bridge between geriatrics and cardiology / William Russell Hazzard -- Cardiovascular risk factors in the elderly : evaluation and intervention / Susan J. Zieman and Beth R. Malasky -- Stable coronary artery disease in the elderly / Beth R. Malasky and Joseph S. Alpert -- Age and mortality and morbidity in ST-segment elevation myocardial infarction / Steven P. Schulman and Gary Gerstenblith -- Unstable angina/non-ST-elevation myocardial infarction in the elderly / Stephen D. Wiviott and Christopher P. Cannon -- Percutaneous coronary intervention in the elderly / Michael J. McWilliams and Eric J. Topol -- Cardiac surgery in the elderly / David D. Yuh and William A. Baumgartner -- Heart failure in the elderly / Michael W. Rich -- Valvular heart disease in the elderly / Milind Y. Desai and Gary Gerstenblith -- Arrhythmia management in the elderly / Jonathan P. Piccini and Hugh Calkins -- Peripheral arterial disease in the elderly / Emile R. Mohler III and William R. Hiatt -- Cardiac rehabilitation in older cardiac patients / Philip A. Ades -- Clinical pharmacology / Janice B. Schwartz -- Medical treatment of the cardiac patient approaching the end of life / Lofty L. Basta, W. Daniel Doty, and Michael D.D. Geldart.
- Cardiovascular English 2008, Springer
- Cardiovascular genomics 2005, SpringerAngiotensin II receptor polymorphisms and hypertension / Bruno Baudin -- Angiotensinogen gene polymorphisms and hypertension / Ashok Kumar -- Substitution mapping: using congenic strains to detect genes controlling blood pressure / Bina Joe and Michael R. Garrett -- Local production of angiotensinogen: insights from genetic manipulation of mice / Kamal Rahmouni and Curt D. Sigmund -- Cardiovascular pharmacogenomics / Julie A. Johnson and Larisa H. Cavallari -- Genetic polymorphisms and responses to HMG-CoA, reductase inhibitors / Anke-Hilse Maitland-van der Zee, Olaf H. Klungel, and Anthonius de Boer -- Monogenic causes of heart failure: familial dilated cardiomyopathy / Hideko Kasahara -- Gene therapy vs. pharmacotherapy / Ryuichi Morishita -- Molecular therapeutic approaches for myocardial protection / Alok S. Pachori, Luis G. Melo, and Victor J. Dzau -- Gene transfer and the cardiovascular system / William H. Miller ... [et al.] -- Kallikrein gene transfer in hypertension, cardiovascular and renal disease, and stroke / Julie Chao and Lee Chao -- Current and future novel targets of gene therapy for hypertension / Michael J. Katovich, Justin L. Grobe, and Mohan K. Raizada -- Application of viral gene transfer in studies of neurogenic hypertension / Sergey Kasparov, A.G. Teschemacher, and Julian F.R. Paton -- Vigilant vectors: intelligent gene vectors for cardioprotection in myocardial ischemia / M. Ian Phillips and Yi Tang -- Gene therapy for cerebral arterial diseases / Yoshimasa Watanabe and Donald D. Heistad -- Therapeutic angiogenesis and vasculogenesis for tissue regeneration / Paolo Madeddu -- Cell transplantation: the new frontier / Shafie Fazel ... [et al.] -- Embryonic stem cells and the cardiovascular system / Neta Lavon and Nissim Benvenisty.
- Cardiovascular hemodynamics 2013, Springer
- Cardiovascular magnetic resonance imaging 2007, Springer
- Cardiovascular medicine. 3rd ed. 2007, Springer
- Cardiovascular MR manual 2011, SpringerWhat's inside the magnet and why? -- The MRI environment -- Protons and spins: the origin of the MRI signal -- Generating a signal: RF pulses and echoes -- Relaxation times, gradient echoes, and spin echoes -- Making an image: locating and encoding signals in space -- Image space and k-space -- Imaging parameters and image attributes -- Improving SNR with surface coils and array coils -- Pulse sequences and image contrast -- Gradient echo versus spin echo -- Black blood versus bright blood imaging -- Dealing with cardiac motion: how do we image the beating heart? -- Dealing with respiratory motion -- Fast imaging: how do we speed up the image acquisition? -- Special pulse sequences for cardiac imaging -- Common artifacts -- The basics of a CMR study -- Components of CMR protocols -- Anatomy of CMR -- The CMR report -- Diseases of the aorta -- Cardiomyopathies -- Pericardial disease -- Cardiac masses -- Valvular heart disease -- Ischemic heart disease -- Basic adult congenital heart disease (ACHD) -- Pulmonary vein assessment -- Interventional cardiovascular magnetic resonance imaging.
- Cardiovascular MRI in congenital heart disease 2010, Springer
- Cardiovascular pediatric critical illness and injury 2009, Springer
- Cardiovascular research 2006, Springer
- Cardiovascular surgery 2007 2008, HighWire
- Cardiovascular system 2002, Cold Spring Harb Lab PressDevelopment of the cardiovascular system -- Transcription factors in cardiovascular development -- Vascular biology -- Tumor angiogenesis -- Genetics and genomics of the cardiovascular system -- Regulation of the heart -- Heart disease and failure -- Hypertension, atherosclerosis, and lipid homeostasis -- Repairing the cardiovascular system -- Author index -- Subject index.
- Carotid artery stenting 2009, Springer
- Catheter-based cardiovascular interventions 2013, Springer
- Cell signaling in vascular inflammation 2005, SpringerHeme oxygenase-1 and carbon monoxide in vascular regulation / Stefan W. Ryter and Augustine M.K. Choi -- Tumor necrosis factor-[alpha]/receptor signaling through the Akt kinase / Osman Nidai Ozes ... [et al.] -- Protein modifications by nitric oxide and reactive nitrogen species / Harry Ischiropoulos -- Redox signaling in hypoxic pulmonary vasoconstriction / E. Kenneth Weir ... [et al.] -- cGMP-dependent protein kinase in regulation of the perinatal pulmonary circulation / Usha Raj ... [et al.] -- Glutamate receptor activation in the pathogenesis of acute leg injury / Sami I. Said -- Carboxyl methylation of small GTPases and endothelial cell function / Sharon Rounds, Elizabeth O. Harrington, and Qing Lu -- Pressure-induced inflammatory signaling in lung endothelial cells / Wolfgang M. Kuebler -- Regulation of endothelial barrier function: contributions of the transcellular and paracellular pathways / Dolly Mehta, Richard D. Minshall, and Asrar B. Malik -- Sphingolipid signaling: implications for vascular biology / Margaret M. Harnett -- Regulations of cytokine signaling / Bao Q. Vuong ... [et al.] -- Cell signaling by vasoactive agents / Barry L. Fanburg ... [et al.] -- Reactive oxygen species and cell signaling in lung ischemia / Aron B. Fisher --Pulmonary vascular barrier regulation by thrombin and Edg receptors / Jeffrey R. Jacobson and Joe G.N. Garcia -- Second-messenger signaling in lung capillaries / Kaushik Parthasarathi -- Plasma membrane-to-nucleus calcium signaling / Giles E. Hardingham -- Signaling by mitochondria / Navdeep S. Chandel -- Pro-inflammatory signaling by endothelial focal complexes in lung / Sunita Bhattacharya -- Hydrogen peroxide as intracellular messenger: production, target, and elimination / Sue Goo Rhee ... [et al.] -- Calcium-inhibited adenylyl cyclase (AC6) controls endothelial cell barrier function / Troy Stevens.
- Cell transplantation for myocardial repair 2006, HighWire
- Cerebral angiography 2011, Springer
- Cerebral vasospasm 2013, Springer
- Cerebral vasospasm 2008, Springer
- Changing aspects in stroke surgery 2008, Springer
- Clinician's manual. 3rd ed. 2011, Springer
- Collateral circulation of the heart 2009, Springer
- Complications in vascular surgery. 2nd ed., rev. & expanded. 2004, CRCnetBASE
- Continuum of coronary artery disease 2002, HighWire
- Coronary microvascular dysfunction 2014, SpringerIn the past two decades a number of studies have shown that abnormalities in the function and structure of coronary microcirculation can be detected in several cardiovascular diseases. On the basis of the clinical setting in which it occurs, coronary microvascular dysfunction (CMD) can be classified into four types: CMD in the absence of any other cardiac disease; CMD in myocardial diseases; CMD in obstructive epicardial coronary artery disease; and iatrogenic CMD. In some instances CMD represents an epiphenomenon, whereas in others it represents an important marker of risk or may contribute to the pathogenesis of myocardial ischemia, becoming a possible therapeutic target. This book provides an update on coronary physiology and a systematic assessment of microvascular abnormalities in cardiovascular diseases, in the hope that it will assist clinicians in prevention, detection, and management of CMD in their everyday activity.
- Coronary vasculature 2013, Springer
- Goals, design, and implementation of critical pathways in cardiovascular medicine /Christopher P. Cannon and Patrick O'Gara --Part I. --Prehospital critical pathways --Prehospital fibrinolysis /Freek W.A. Verheught --Regional transfer programs for primary PCI /David M. Larson and Timothy D. Henry --Public access defibrillation /Joseph P. Ornato --Part II. --Critical pathways in the emergency department --Non-ST elevation ACS in the emergency department /Richard J. Ryan, Christopher P. Cannon, and W. Brian Gibler --Thrombolysis for ST-elevation mi in the emergency department /Joshua M. Kosowsky --Heart failure in the emergency department /W. Frank Peacock --Atrial fibrillation in the emergency department /Ray Bahr --Stroke and TIA /Lee Schwamm --The Role of exercise testing in chest pain units: evolution, application, results /Ezra A. Amsterdam, Deborah B. Diercks, and Samuel D. Turnipseed --Part III --Critical pathways in the hospital --Critical pathway for non-ST elevation ACS /Christopher P. Cannon and Patrick T. O'Gara --Primary PCI /Amr E. Abbas and Cindy L. Grines --Primary PCI at community hospitals without on-site cardiac surgery /Nancy Sinclair and Thomas P. Wharton, Jr. --Approach to the patient with complicated myocardial infarction /Richard C. Becker --Cardiac catheterization and percuraneous coronary intervention /Jeffrey J. Popma --Pathways for coronary artery bypass surgery /Rashid M. Ahmad, Frances Wadlington, Tiffany Street, James P. Greelish, Jorge M. Balaguer, and John G. Byrne --Acute aortic syndromes /Piotr Sobieszcyk and Patrick O'Gara --Intensive management of hyperglycemia in ACS /Vera T. Fajtova --Management of atrial fibrillation and atrial flutter /Eyal Herzog and Jonathan S. Steinberg --Heart failure /Greg Fonarow --Device therapy in patients with heart failure /Peter J. Zimetbaum and Eli V. Gelfand --Venous thromboembolism /Samuel Z. Goldhaber --Part IV. --Critical pathways in the outpatient setting /--Hyperlipidemia /Frederick F. Samaha and Daniel J. Rader --Diabetes and metabolic syndrome /Emily Deborah Szmuilowicz and Merri Pendergrass --Hypertension /Michael A. Weber --Smoking cessation /Beth C. Bock --Secondary prevention overview /Sidney Smith --Overview of the AHA "get with the guidelines" programs /Yuling Hong, Kenneth A. LaBresh --Cardiac rehabilitation in the post myocardial infarction patient /Daniel E. Forman.
- CT and MR angiography 2009, OvidPrinciples of computed tomographic angiography -- Principles of magnetic resonance angiography -- Conventional angiography in the noninvasive era -- Contrast medium administration in computed tomographic angiography -- Contrast medium administration in magnetic resonance angiography -- Postprocessing and data analysis -- Atherosclerosis : epidemiology and pathology -- Atherosclerosis : in vivo characterization -- Thromboembolism -- Vasculitides and connective tissue disorders -- Cerebral arteries and veins -- Cervical vasculature -- Quantifying coronary artery calcium -- Coronary arteries -- Thoracic vascular anomalies -- Pulmonary vasculature -- Thoracic aorta -- Abdominal aorta -- Mesenteric vasculature -- Renal vasculature -- Lower extremities vasculature -- Upper extremities vasculature -- Pediatric techniques and vascular anomalies -- Venous system.
- CT evaluation of coronary artery disease 2009, Springer
- Diabetes and hypertension 2012, SpringerDiabetes and hypertension have evolved as two of the modern day epidemics affecting millions of people around the world. These two common co-morbidities lead to substantial increase in cardiovascular disease, the major cause of morbidity and mortality of adults around the world. In Diabetes and Hypertension: Evaluation and Management, a panel of renowned experts address a range of critical topics -- from basic concepts in evaluation and management of diabetes and hypertension, such as dietary interventions, to evaluation and management of secondary hypertension in clinical practice. Other chapters focus on high cardiovascular risk populations such as those with coronary heart disease, chronic kidney disease and minority patients. In addition, evolving concepts and new developments in the field are presented in other chapters, such as prevention of type 2 diabetes and the epidemic of sleep apnea and its implication for diabetes and hypertension evaluation and management. An important title covering two of the most troubling disorders of our time, Diabetes and Hypertension: Evaluation and Management will provide the busy practitioner with cutting edge knowledge in the field as well as practical information that can translate into better care provided to the high-risk population of diabetics and hypertensive patients.
- Diabetes and peripheral vascular disease 2012, Springer
- Dietary proteins and atherosclerosis 2004, CRCnetBASE
- EDHF 2006, CRCnetBASE
- Embolisation 2012, Springer
- Embolization 2014, SpringerInnovations in catheterization techniques and embolization agents have considerably contributed to the development of endovascular occlusion techniques in arterial and venous trunks as much as distal parenchymal capillar beds. Mini invasive therapies, endovascular embolization and chemo-embolization now constitute valuable therapeutic alternatives in various fields: on a purely palliative or on a curative basis in oncology, but also in traumatology, functional diseases, and for the treatment of benign tumors, or when dealing with post-operative complications. As in-depth and detailed descriptions of these techniques are all ready available in specialized books, our ambition is to provide a basic handbook for the young vascular radiologists in training and a checklist for the more experienced interventional radiologists, by providing for each of the constantly increasing indications a synthetic approach of the technique and its expected results. The first part of this book relates to the tool box (the materials) and the procedure techniques as well as the physiopathological requirements for carrying out embolization; the second part is an analytical description of the main situations and anatomo-clinical strategies. This handy book should to be a valuable memory aid for clinicians and interventional radiologists, readily available in the multidisciplinary staff rooms and in angiography suites.
- Emergency vascular surgery 2007, Springer
- Encyclopedia of heart diseases 2006, ScienceDirectAging and the heart -- Alcohol and the heart -- Altitude and pulmonary edema -- Anatomy of the heart and circulation -- Anderson-Fabry disease -- Anemia and the heart -- Aneurysm -- Angina -- Angioplasty/coronary balloon -- Angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitors/angiotensin receptor blockers -- Antihistamines -- Antioxidants -- Antiphospholipid antibody syndrome -- Antiplatelet agents -- Arginine and the heart -- Arrhythmias/palpitations -- Arteriosclerosis -- Artificial heart -- Aspirin for heart disease -- Atherosclerosis/atheroma -- Athletes and sudden cardiac death -- Atrial fibrillation -- Atrial septal defect -- B-type natriuretic peptide -- Beriberi heart disease -- Beta-blockers -- Blood clots -- Blood pressure -- Brugada syndrome -- Bundle branch block -- Caffeine and the heart -- Calcium antagonists -- Carcinoid heart disease -- Cardiogenic shock -- Cardiomyopathy -- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) -- Chagas disease -- Chelation and heart disease -- Chemotherapy-induced heart disease -- Cholesterol -- Coenzyme Q10 -- Congenital heart disease -- Contraception and cardiovascular disease -- Coronary artery bypass surgery -- C-reactive protein and the heart -- Cytochrome P-450 -- Deep vein thrombosis -- Depression and the heart -- Diabetes and cardiovascular disease -- Diets and heart disease -- Diuretics -- Down syndrome -- Dyslipidemia -- Echocardiography -- Effects of smoking and heart disease -- Electrocardiography -- Embryology -- Endocarditis -- Endocrine disorders and the heart -- Erectile dysfunction and the heart -- Exercise and the heart -- Gene therapy -- Heart attacks -- Heart failure -- Hemochromatosis -- Herbal, dietary supplements, and cardiovascular disease -- HIV and the heart -- Homocysteine and cardiovascular disease -- Hypertension -- Hypertrophy of the heart -- Kawasaki heart disease -- Miscellaneous disorders -- Murmurs and heart disease -- Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs -- Obesity and heart disease -- Pacemakers -- Patent foramen ovale -- Pericarditis and myocarditis -- Pulmonary arterial hypertension -- Pulmonary embolism -- Race and cardiovascular disease -- Sleep and the heart -- Stents -- Stress and heart disease -- Stroke/cerebrovascular accident -- Syncope -- Tests for heart diseases -- Thyroid heart disease -- Valve diseases -- Ventricular fibrillation -- Women and heart disease.
- Endovascular aneurysm repair 2005, Springer
- Endovascular interventions 2014, SpringerPart I: Basic MRI Principles.- A Brief History of Magnetic Resonance Imaging -- Fundamentals of Magnetic Resonance Imaging -- The Relaxation Concept in MRI -- MRI Pulse Sequences -- MR Imaging Parameters and Options -- Part II: MR Safety, Patient Positioning, Protocol Design, Graphical Prescription and MR Applications for Anatomical Regions.- Introduction to Safe Clinical Scanning -- Central Nervous System: MRI Protocols, Imaging Parameters and Graphical Prescriptions -- Musculoskeletal Imaging: MRI Protocols, Imaging Parameters and Graphical Prescriptions -- Body Imaging: MRI Protocols, Imaging Parameters and Graphical Prescriptions -- Cardiovascular Imaging: MRI Protocols, Imaging Parameters and Graphical Prescriptions -- Breast Imaging: MRI Protocols, Imaging Parameters and Graphical Prescriptions.
- Enemies of the myocytes 2002, HighWire
- Enemies to the vessel wall 2002, HighWire
- Essential guide to blood coagulation. 2nd ed. 2013, WileySchematic presentation of the hemostatic system / Nils Egberg -- Proposals for sampling instructions / Margareta Blombäck and Nils Egberg -- Laboratory investigations / Jovan P. Antovic, Liselotte Onelöv, and Nils Egberg -- Hereditary bleeding disorders / Margareta Holmström and Lars-Göran Lundberg -- Critical bleeding / Maria Bruzelius, Anna Ågren, and Hans Johnsson -- Investigation of increased bleeding tendency / Margareta Holmström and Lars Göran Lundberg -- Venous thrombosis and pulmonary embolism / Anders Carlsson -- Investigations of thromboembolic tendency / Margareta Holmström -- Heart disease / Håkan Wallen and Rickard Linder -- Antiplatelet drug therapy and reversal of its effects / Håkan Wallen, Hans Johnsson, and Bo-Michael Bellander -- New oral anticoagulants : focus on currently approved oral factor Xa and thombin inhibitors / Rickard E. Malmström and Hans Johnsson -- Stroke and transient ischemic attack / Nils Wahlgren and Mia von Euler -- Peripheral artery surgery / Jesper Swedenborg -- Hemostasis in obstetrics and gynecology / Katarina Bremme -- Hemostasis in children / Susanna Ranta and Pia Petrini -- Emergency conditions associated with coagulation : DIC, HIT, and TTP/HUS / Jovan P. Antovic and Margareta Holmström.
- European Atrial Fibrillation Consensus Conference 2003, HighWire
- Evidence and perspectives on n-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids in cardiovascular disease 2001, HighWire
- Gender and recovery from coronary artery bypass surgery 2009, Springer
- Genes and cardiovascular function 2011, Springerpt. 1. Genes and the heart -- pt. 2. Development and gender -- pt. 3. Mitochondrial diseases -- pt. 4. Ischemic heart disease -- pt. 5. Hypertension and arrhythmias -- pt. 6. Hypertrophy and failure.
- Guide to peripheral and cerebrovascular intervention 2004, NCBI Bookshelf
- Handbook of endovascular interventions 2013, Springer
- Handbook of endovascular peripheral interventions 2012, Springer
- Handbook of neurocritical care. 2nd ed. 2011, SpringerEstablishing and organizing a neuroscience critical care unit -- Electrolyte and metabolic derangements -- Fever and infections -- Cerebral blood flow and metabolism: physiology and monitoring -- Multimodality monitoring in acute brain injury -- Cerebral edema and intracranial hypertension -- Cardiac dysfunction, monitoring, and management -- Airway management and mechanical ventilation in the NCCCU -- Blood pressure management -- Nutrition in neurocritical care -- Sedation, analgesia, and neuromuscular paralysis -- Postoperative care -- Care following neurointerventional procedures -- Ethical issues and withdrawal of life-sustaining therapies -- Collaborative nursing practice in the neurosciences critical care unit -- Coma and disorders of consciousness -- Acute encephalopathy -- Traumatic brain injury -- Acute myelopathy -- Ischemic stroke -- Intracerebral hemorrhage -- Intraventricular hemorrhage -- Subarachnoid hemorrhage -- Brain injury following cardiac arrest -- Meningitis and encephalitis -- Cerebral venous sinus thrombosis -- Neuroleptic malignant syndrome, malignant hyperthermia, and serotonin syndrome -- Brain tumors -- Hydrocephalus -- Neuromuscular disorders -- Status epilepticus -- Deep venous thrombosis and pulmonary embolism -- Neurocritical illness during pregnancy and puerperium -- Brain death and organ donation.
- Handbook of stroke. 2nd ed. 2006, OvidSystematic clinical assessment -- Historical evaluation of key signs and symptoms -- General medical review -- General examination -- Neurologic examination -- Approach to the comatose patient -- Laboratory evaluation -- Differential diagnosis made easy: general approach -- Temporal profile of ischemic cerebrovascular diseases -- Telephone interview and triage -- Management of acute stroke in critically ill patients -- Transient ischemic attack and minor cerebral infarction: general evaluation and treatment -- Major cerebral infarction: general evaluation and treatment -- Subarachnoid hemorrhage: general evaluation and treatment -- Intracerebral hemorrhage: general evaluation and treatment -- Four major categories of ischemic cerebrovascular disease: identification and treatment -- Five major categories of hemorrhagic disease: treatment of specific underlying mechanisms -- Cerebral venous thrombosis -- Other cerebrovascular syndromes --Vascular disease of the spinal cord -- Cerebrovascular disease in children and young adults -- Cerebrovascular disease in pregnant patients -- Cerebrovascular disease genetics -- Modifiable lifestyle and environmental factors -- Asymptomatic carotid and vertebral stenosis -- Hypertension -- Dyslipidemia -- Other host factors -- Unruptured intracranial aneurysms -- Unruptured intracranial vascular malformations -- Hematologic disease -- Carotid or vertebral artery occlusive disease -- Transient ischemic attack -- Cerebral infarction -- Intracerebral hemorrhage -- Subarachnoid hemorrhage -- Physical therapy -- Speech therapy -- Other chronic complications of stroke -- Family and patient education.
- Handbook on cerebral venous thrombosis 2008, KargerAnatomy of cerebral veins and sinuses -- Epidemiology of cerebral vein and sinus thrombosis / Agnelli, G., Verso, M. -- Risk factors of cerebral vein and sinus thrombosis / de Freitas, G.R., Bogousslavsky, J. -- Thrombophilia and cerebral vein thrombosis / Iorio, A. ... [et al.] -- Clinical presentations of cerebral vein and sinus thrombosis / Paciaroni, M., Palmerini, F., Bogousslavsky, J. -- Headache and cerebral vein and sinus thrombosis / Alberti, A., Venti, M., Biagini, S. -- Radiological diagnosis of cerebral venous thrombosis / Selim, M., Caplan, L.R. -- Role of ultrasound in diagnosis and management of cerebral vein and sinus thrombosis / Stolz, E.P. -- Cerebral venous thrombosis in newborns, infants and children / Yager, J.Y. ... [et al.] -- Treatment of cerebral venous and sinus thrombosis / Masuhr, F. -- Interventional neuroradiology in the treatment of cerebral venous thrombosis / Caso, V., Billeci, A.M.R., Leys, D. -- Complications of cerebral vein and sinus thrombosis / Ferro, J.M., Canhao, P. -- Long-term prognosis of cerebral vein and sinus thrombosis / Lindgren, A.
- Handbook on neurovascular ultrasound 2006, KargerPhysical and technical principles / Evans, D.H. -- Arterial wall imaging / Devuyst, G., Piechowski-Jóźwiak, B., Bogousslavsky, J. -- Endothelial function testing / Csiba, L. -- Atherosclerotic carotid stenosis and occlusion / Sitzer, M. -- Ultrasound diagnostics of the vertebrobasilar system / von Büdingen, H.-C., Staudacher, T., von Büdingen, H.J. -- Ultrasound diagnosis of cervical artery dissection / Benninger, D.H., Baumgartner, R.W. -- Intracranial dural arteriovenous and carotid-cavernous fistulae and paragangliomas / Gandjour, J., Baumgartner, R.W. -- Takayasu and temporal arteritis / Schmidt, W.A. -- Transcranial insonation / Baumgartner, R.W. -- Intracranial stenoses and occlusions, and circle of Willis collaterals / Baumgartner, R.W. -- Acute stroke: perfusion imaging / Seidel, G., Meyer-Wiethe, K. -- Sonothrombolysis: experimental evidence / Daffertshofer, M., Hennerici, M. --Acute stroke: therapeutic transcranial Doppler sonography / Mikulik, R., Alexandrov, A.V. -- Acute stroke: therapeutic transcranial color duplex sonography / Eggers, J. -- Cerebral aneurysms and arteriovenous malformations / Klötzsch, C., Harrer, J.U. -- Cerebral veins and sinuses / Stolz, E. -- Detection of microembolic signals with transcranial Doppler ultrasound / Georgiadis, D., Siebler, M. -- Contrast-enhanced transcranial Doppler ultrasound for diagnosis of patent foramen ovale / Nedeltchev, K., Mattle, H.P. -- Cerebral autoregulation and vasomotor reactivity / Aaslid, R. -- Cerebral circulation monitoring in carotid endarterectomy and carotid artery stenting / Ackerstaff, R.G.A. -- Syncope / Nirkko, A.C., Baumgartner, R.W. -- Functional transcranial Doppler sonography / Lohmann, H., Ringelstein, E.B., Knecht, S. -- Future developments in neurovascular ultrasound / Meairs, S., Hennerici, M.
- HDL handbook. 1st ed. 2010, ScienceDirectChapter 1. Role of Phospholipid Transfer Protein in HDL Remodeling and Atherosclerosis / Hiroaki Hattori -- Chapter 2. The Role of Cholesteryl Ester Transfer Protein (CETP) in HDL Metabolism / Neil J. Hime -- Chapter 3. Plasma Cholesteryl Ester Transfer Protein (CETP) in Relation to Human Pathophysiology / Akihiro Inazu -- Chapter 4. HDL and Reverse Cholesterol Transport: Physiological Modulation / Giovanna Catalano, Maryse Guerin -- Chapter 5. Serum Paraoxonase (PON1) and its Interactions with HDL: Relationship between PON1 and Oxidative Stress / Jelena Vekic, Jelena Kotur-Stevuljevic, Aleksandra Zeljkovic, Aleksandra Stefanovic, Zorana Jelic-Ivanovic, Slavica Spasic, Vesna Spasojevic-Kalimanovska -- Chapter 6. Paraoxonase-1 and its Interactions with HDL: Molecular Structures of PON1 and HDL / Daniel Rochu, Eric Chabrière, Patrick Masson -- Chapter 7. Apolipoprotein A-I Mutations / Akira Matsunaga, Yoshinari Uehara, Bo Zhang, Keijiro Saku -- Chapter 8. The Scavenger Receptor Class B Type I: An HDL Receptor Involved in Lipid Transport and HDL Dependent Signaling / Aishah Al-Jarallah, Rachelle Brunet, Bernardo Trigatti -- Chapter 9. HDL Mimetic Peptides: Novel Therapeutic Strategies for the Treatment of Inflammatory Vascular Disease / C. Roger White, G.M. Anantharamaiah, Geeta Datta -- Chapter 10. Sterol Efflux by ABCA1 and ABCG1 / Naoki Terasaka -- Chapter 11. Functional Change in the HDL Particle by Oxidative Modification and its Contribution to Atherogenesis / Toshiyuki Matsunaga, Akira Hara, Tsugikazu Komoda -- Chapter 12. Preβ1-HDL, a Native Lipid-poor HDL, and its Potential as a New Marker for HDL Metabolism / Takashi Miida, Satoshi Hirayama -- Chapter 13. Determination of Circulating Native and Denaturated HDL Concentrations and its Clinical Implications / Takanari Nakano, Makoto Seo, Tsugikazu Komoda.
- Heart and circulation 2014, SpringerWhat drives the circulation? In this comprehensive review of existing circulation models, the conventional view that the heart is a pressure-propulsion pump is challenged. The existing models fail to explain an increasing number of observed circulatory phenomena. A unifying circulation model is proposed in which the blood, responding to metabolic demands of the tissues, is the primary regulator of cardiac output. This new model arises from accumulated clinical and experimental evidence. The heart, rather than being an organ of blood propulsion, assumes a secondary role and generates pressure by impeding the flow of blood. This is supported by examples from the fields of early embryonic circulation, comparative phylogeny, functional morphology, exercise physiology and a range of clinical scenarios. The Heart and Circulation: An Integrative Model offers a paradigm shift in the understanding of circulatory phenomena. It will become a valuable resource for all those clinicians, researchers, educators and students who, having been confronted with the paradox of the circulation, are looking for a broader interpretation.
- Hemangiomas and vascular malformations 2009, Springer
- Hemodynamics and cardiology. 2nd ed. 2012, ScienceDirectNeonatal hemodynamics -- Principles of developmental cardiovascular physiology and pathophysiology -- Principles of developmental cardiovascular physiology and pathophysiology -- Autoregulation of vital and nonvital organ blood flow in the preterm and term neonate -- Definition of normal blood pressure range: the elusive target -- Diagnosis of neonatal shock: methods and their clinical applications -- Methods to assess systemic and organ blood flow in the neonate -- Functional echocardiography in the neonatal intensive care unit -- Assessment of cardiac output in neonates: techniques using the Fick principle, pulse wave form analysis, and electrical impedance -- Near-infrared spectroscopy and its use for the assessment of tissue perfusion in the neonate -- Clinical applications of near-infrared spectroscopy in neonates -- Advanced magnetic neuroimaging techniques in the neonate with a focus on hemodynamic-related brain injury -- Cardiovascular magnetic resonance in the study of neonatal hemodynamics -- Assessment of the microcirculation in the neonate -- Clinical presentations and relevance of neonatal shock -- Clinical presentations of neonatal shock: the very low birth-weight neonate during the first postnatal day -- Very low birth weight neonate with hemodynamically significant ductus arteriosus during the first postnatal week -- Preterm neonate with cardiovascular and adrenal insufficiency -- Shock in the surgical neonate -- Hemodynamics and brain injury in the preterm neonate -- Fetal and neonatal cardiology -- Embryonic and fetal development -- Genetics of fetal and neonatal cardiovascular disease -- Human cardiac development in the first trimester -- Reappraisal of normal and abnormal cardiac development -- Fetal and neonatal cardiology -- New concepts for training the pediatric cardiology workforce of the future -- Current role of fetal echocardiography -- Clinical evaluation of cardiovascular unction in the human fetus -- Cardiac surgery in the neonate with congenital heart disease -- Regional blood flow monitoring in the perioperative period -- Mechanical pump support and cardiac transplant in the neonate -- Catheter-based therapy in the neonate with congenital heart disease -- Hybrid management techniques in the treatment of the neonate with congenital heart disease.
- Hemostasis and thrombosis. 6th ed. 2013, OvidIntroduction to the field of hemostasis and thrombosis -- Basic principles of hemostasis and thrombosis. Coagulation and fibrinolysis ; Platelet biology ; Vascular biology -- Disorders of coagulation, platelets, and vessel wall. Bleeding disorders of coagulation and fibrinolysis ; Acquired and inherited platelet disorders ; Primary disorders of blood vessels ; Therapy of bleeding disorders -- Thrombotic disorders. Venous thrombotic disorders ; Arterial thrombotic disorders ; Complex thrombotic disorders ; Therapeutic agents -- Hemostatic and thrombotic disorders associated with systemic conditions.
- High-risk atherosclerotic plaques 2005, CRCnetBASE
- How to set up an acute stroke service 2012, Springer
- Hypertension 2014, CRCnetBASEHypertension has become a major public health hazard not only in industrialized nations, but also in emerging economies. Early detection combined with effective treatment is imperative to reduce the risk of patients developing premature cardiovascular disease and accelerated atherosclerosis. A clear, concise resource, Hypertension: A Clinical Guide is of practical value to primary care doctors around the world who treat patients with hypertension every day. The book explores both fundamental and practical aspects, including epidemiology, risk, treatment, and secondary c.
- Hypertension 2005, Springer Protocols
- Hypertension and cardiovascular disease in women 2008, HighWire
- Hypertension and stroke 2011, SpringerBlood pressure: definition, diagnosis, and management -- The link between hypertension and stroke: summary of observational epidemiological studies -- Blood pressure control and primary prevention of stroke: summary of clinical trial data -- Mechanisms underlying essential hypertension: neurogenic and nonneurogenic contributors -- Pathophysiology and mechanisms whereby hypertension may cause stroke -- Cardiovascular risk assessment and summary of guidelines for the management of hypertension -- Acute blood pressure management after ischemic stroke -- Hypertensive encephalopathy and acute blood pressure management after hemorrhagic stroke -- Recurrent stroke prevention I: diuretic and angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitors (ACEIs): the PROGRESS trial -- Recurrent stroke prevention II: angiotensin receptor blockers: the LIFE, MOSES, PRoFESS, and other trials -- A practical guide to recurrent stroke prevention -- Vascular cognitive impairment and Alzheimer disease: are these disorders linked to hypertension and other cardiovascular risk factors? -- Cerebral small vessel disease, hypertension, and cognitive function -- Cerebral microbleeds, small-vessel disease of the brain, hypertension, and cognition -- Imaging effects of hypertension on the brain: a focus on new imaging modalities and options -- The Joint Commission's initiatives to improve stroke care and what it means for acute stroke care and prevention.
- Hypertension in the elderly 2005, SpringerThe importance of hypertension in the geriatric population / Ray W. Gifford and L. Michael Prisant -- Age-related changes in the cardiovascular system / R. Clinton Webb and Edward W. Inscho -- Aging, arterial stiffness, and systolic hypertension / Joseph L. Izzo -- Pharmacological and pharmacodynamic alterations in the elderly: application to cardiovascular therapies / Domenic A. Sica -- Epidemiology of hypertension in the older patient / William B. Kannel and Peter W. F. Wilson -- Nonpharmacological trials in the older patient / L. Michael Prisant and Dean U. Harrell -- Clinical trials of hypertension in older patient / L. Michael Prisant -- Blood pressure measurement in the older patients with hypertension / Jose Ramiro Arias-Vera and William B. White -- Clinical evaluation of the elderly hypertensive / L. Michael Prisant and Thomas W. Jackson -- Hypertension in the elderly: endocrine causes of secondary hypertension / Carlos M. Isales -- Diagnosis and management of hypertensive renal and renovascular disease in the elderly / Wanpen Vongpatanasin and Ronald G. Victor -- Heart failure in the older hypertensive patient / L. Michael Prisant ... [et al.] --Management of ischemic heart disease in the older hypertensive patient: evaluation and management / Jan Laws Houghton -- Cerebrovascular disease in the elderly hypertensive / Fenwick T. Nichols, III -- Diuretics and beta-adrenergic blockers in the management of hypertension in the elderly / William C. Cushman -- Assessment of the role ace inhibitors in the elderly / Domenic A. Sica -- Use of angiotensin receptor blockers in the elderly / L. Michael Prisant -- Clinical trials with calcium antagonists in older patients with hypertension / William B. White and Sumeska Thavarajah -- Alpha-adrenoceptor blockers for management of hypertension in the elderly / James L. Pool -- Combination drug therapy in the elderly / L. Michael Prisant and Laura Lyngby Mulloy -- Attitudes regarding hypertension among older african-american adults / Wallace R. Johnson and Elijah Saunders -- Treatment of hypertension in the elderly diabetic patient / James R. Sowers and L. Michael Prisant -- Management of hypertension in older patients with arthritis / Sumeska Thavarajah and William B. White -- The clinician's role in improving therapeutic adherence and blood pressure control in older hypertensive patients / Brent M. Egan and Eni C. Okonofua.
- Hypertension primer. 4th ed. 2008, Ovid
- Imaging of carotid artery stenosis 2007, Springer
- Inflammation and atherosclerosis 2012, Springer
- Intermittent claudication 2002, HighWire
- Intracranial vascular malformations and aneurysms 2005, Springer
- Kaplan's Clinical hypertension. 9th ed. 2006, OvidHypertension in the population at large -- Measurement of blood pressure -- Primary hypertension: pathogenesis -- Primary hypertension: natural history and evaluation -- Treatment of hypertension: why, when, how far -- Treatment of hypertension: lifestyle modifications -- Treatment of hypertension: drug therapy -- Hypertensive crises -- Renal parenchymal hypertension -- Renovascular hypertension -- Hypertension with pregnancy and the pill -- Pheochromocytoma (with a preface about incidental adrenal masses) -- Primary aldosteronism -- Hypertension induced by cortisol or deoxycorticosterone -- Other forms of identifiable hypertension -- Hypertension in childhood and adolescence.
- Learning cardiac imaging 2010, Springer
- Lower extremity arterial disease 2005, SpringerClaudication : clinical diagnosis and differential diagnosis / Dennis G. Caralis -- Noninvasive diagnostic evaluation of peripheral arterial disease / Nicholas Labropoulos and Apostolos K. Tassiopoulos -- Smoking and smoking cessation / Albert Bellg and Aristides N. Mavridis -- Peripheral arterial disease and diabetes / George L. Bakris -- Hyperlipidemia in peripheral arterial disease / Ambika Babu, C.R. Kannan, and Theodore Mazzone -- Hypertension and peripheral vascular disease / Anjula Gandhi, Jay Garg, and George L. Bakris -- Physical inactivity is a risk factor for lower extremity arterial disease and coronary heart disease / Dennis G. Caralis and Stamatis Dimitropoulos -- Pathogenesis of atheroslerotic vascular disease / Bassem Jamil Basha, George L. Bakris, and James R. Sowers --Lower extremity arterial disease coexisting with coronary artery disease : management and prognosis / Dennis G. Caralis -- Medical therapy of claudication and lower extremity arterial disease / Dennis G. Caralis -- Exercise therapy for low extremity arterial disease / Peter F. Kokkinos -- Endovascular strategies for management of claudication and lower extremity arterial disease / Michael C. Brunner and Dennis G. Caralis -- Severe lower extremity arterial disease : limb salvage and revascularization failure / Chad E. Jacobs and Walter J. McCarthy.
- Magnetic resonance angiography 2012, Springer
- Manual of thoracic endoaortic surgery 2010, Springer
- Mastering endovascular techniques 2007, OvidKey issues of vascular pathoanatomy / Frank Kolodgie ... [et al.] -- Key issues of vascular pathophysiology / Axel R. Pries, Ivo Buschmann, Helmut Habazettl -- Magnetic resonance imaging / Dietrich Baumgart, Thomas Egelhof -- X-ray coronary angiography / Peter Lanzer -- Intracoronary ultrasound / Anuja Nair ... [et al.] -- Pressure wire / Wilbert Aarnoudse, Cees-joost Botman, Nico H.J. Pijls -- The decision-making process in percutaneous coronary interventions / Lutz Prechelt, Peter Lanzer -- Devices / Wolfram Schmidt, Klaus-Peter Schmitz -- Intracranial vessels / Hans Henkes ... [et al.] -- Internal carotid artery / Peter Lanzer, Ralf Weser -- Coronary arteries / Peter Lanzer, L.D. Timmie Topoleski -- Thoracic aorta / Tim C. Rehders ... [et al.] -- Abdominal aortic aneurysm / Martin Köcher, Petr Utíkal -- Renal arteries / Peter Lanzer, Ralf Weser -- Abdominal aorta, iliac, and lower extremity arteries / Peter Lanzer, Ralf Weser -- Haemodialysis shunts / Dierk Vorwerk -- Venous diseases / Zubin Irani, John A. Kaufman -- Foreign bodies / Haresh G. Mehta, Stephan Windecker, Bernhard Meier.
- Mechanisms of angiogenesis 2005, Springer
- Mechanisms of cardiovascular aging. 1st ed. 2002, ScienceDirect
- Mitochondria and their role in cardiovascular disease 2013, SpringerPart 1. General principles of mitochondria and the heart -- Introduction to Mitochondria in the Heart -- Methods to Study Mitochondrial Structure and Function -- Mitochondrial Structure, Composition, and Dynamics -- Mitochondrial Biogenesis -- Mechanisms of Bioenergy Production in Mitochondria -- Bioenergetics Interplay Between Cardiac Mitochondria and Other Subcellular Compartments -- Part 2. Heart mitochondria signal transduction. Stem cells -- Endothelial Mitochondria: Contribution to Cardiovascular Function and Disease -- Heart Mitochondria: Receivers and Transmitters of Signals -- Stem Cells and Mitochondria -- Part 3. Stress and cell death -- Heart Mitochondrial ROS and Oxidative Stress -- Cell-Death Pathways and Mitochondria -- Part 4. Mitochondria in Pediatric Cardiology -- Mitochondria in Pediatric Cardiovascular Diseases -- Part 5. The aging heart and mitochondria -- Mitochondria in the Aging Heart -- Part 6. Mitochondria in Atherosclerosis, hypertension and ischemia -- The Role of Mitochondria in Atherosclerosis -- The Role of Mitochondria in Hypertension -- Role of Mitochondria in Ischemia and Cardioprotection -- Part 7. Mitochondria in Heart Failure and Dysrhythmias -- Mitochondrial Dynamics in Health and Disease -- Mitochondria Play an Essential Role in Heart Failure -- Mitochondria and Cardiac Dysrhythmias -- Part 8. Mitochondria in heart metabolism -- Diabetes and Cardiac Mitochondria -- The Role of Mitochondria in the Metabolic Syndrome and Insulin Resistance -- Thyroid Hormone and Myocardial Mitochondria -- Part 9. Mitochondrial Therapy -- Targeting the Mitochondria in Cardiovascular Diseases -- Part 10. Looking to the future of mitochondria and the heart -- Current Progress and Future Perspectives: Toward Mitochondrial Medicine.
- Molecular defects in cardiovascular disease 2011, Springer
- Molecular sensors for cardiovascular homeostasis 2007, SpringerContributors --Part 1.The DEG/ENaC family --1.The role of DEG/ENaC ion channels in sensory mechanotransduction /Dafni Bazopoulou, Giannis Voglis, and Nektarios Tavernarakis --2.ASICs function as cardiac lactic acid sensors during myocardial ischemia /Christopher J. Benson and Edwin W. McCleskey --3.Molecular components of neural sensory transduction DEG/ENac proteins in baro and chemoreceptors /François M. Abboud, Yongjun Lu, and Mark W. Chapleau --Part II.The TRP family --4.TRP channels as molecular sensors of physical stimuli /Roger G. O'Neill --5.TRPV1 in central cardiovascular control : discerning the C-fiber afferent pathway /Michael C. Andersen, Mark W. Doyle, Timothy W. Bailey, and Young-Ho Jin --6.TRPV1 as a molecular transducer for salt and water homeostasis /Donna H. Wang and Jeffrey R. Sachs --7.Functional interaction between ATP and TRPV1 receptors /Makoto Tominaga and Tomoko Moriyama --8.TRPV4 and hypotonic stress /David M. Cohen --Part III.Other ion channels and biosensors --9.Ion channels in shear stress sensing in vascular endothelium : ion channels in vascular mechanotransduction /Abdul I. Barakat, Deborah K. Lieu, and Andrea Gojova --10.Redox signaling in oxygen sensing by vessels /Andrea Olschewski and E. Kenneth Weir --11.Impedance spectroscopy and quartz crystal microbalance : noninvasive tools to analyze ligand-receptor interactions at functionalized surfaces and of cell monolayers /Andreas Hinz and Hans-Joachim Galla --Index.
- Morphofunctional aspects of tumor microcirculation 2012, Springer
- Mosaic of cardiovascular protection 2003, HighWire
- Nerve and vascular injuries in sports medicine 2009, Springer
- Neuroendovascular surgery 2005, KargerCurrent and future management strategies for intracranial aneurysms and carotid artery stenosis / E.M. Deshaies, A.S. Boulos -- The use of stents in the management of neurovascular disease: a historical and present status review / M.B. Horowitz, P.D. Purdy -- Carotid angioplasty with stenting and carotid endarterectomy: both are here to stay / R.A. Hanel ... [et al.] -- Endovascular treatment of acute ischemic embolic stroke / C.C. Ionita ... [et al.] -- Intracranial stenting / M.R. Harrigan ... [et al.] -- Angioplasty for repair of intracranial arterial stenosis / A.J. Ringer -- Endovascular therapy for intracranial aneurysms: a historical and present perspective / M.B. Horowitz ... [et al.] --Endovascular management of wide-necked aneurysms / M. Horowitz, E.I. Levy -- Liquid embolic agents in the treatment of intracranial arteriovenous malformations / J.U. Howington ... [et al.] -- Management of arteriovenous malformations using liquid agents / B.M. Ozgur, D.I. Levy -- Treatment of dural arteriovenous fistulas / L. Feng, P.M. Meyers, R.T. Higashida -- Tumor embolization / E.I. Levy ... [et al.] -- Acute and chronic venous sinus thrombosis / M.B. Horowitz ... [et al.] -- Vein of galen aneurysms: a review and current perspective / M.B. Horowitz ... [et al.] -- Petrosal sinus sampling for Cushing's disease / M.B. Horowitz ... [et al.].
- Neuropsychiatric symptoms of cerebrovascular diseases 2013, SpringerPart I. Psychiatry of stroke -- Delirium in stroke patients -- Poststroke illusions and hallucinations -- Depression after stroke -- Mania -- Anxiety disturbances in stroke patients -- Apathy -- Disturbances in the voluntary control of emotional expression after stroke -- Poststroke aggressiveness -- Denial of illness -- Part II. Psychiatry of vascular cognitive impairment -- Neuropsychiatric symptoms of CADASIL -- Neuropsychiatric aspects of vascular cognitive impairment -- Part III. Cerebrovascular disease and psychiatric disturbances -- Psychological and psychiatric triggers and risk factors for storke -- Vascular depression -- Cedrebrovascular disease and bipolar disorder.
- Neurovascular neuropsychology 2009, SpringerThis volume focuses on focal and diffuse neurovascular disease in addition to systemic conditions in which cognition and behavior have been uniquely associated with different pathologic states.
- New concepts in cerebral ischemia 2002, CRCnetBASE
- New frontiers in lifestyle-related diseases 2008, Springer
- New techniques for thoracic outlet syndromes 2013, Springer
- Intracranial aneuryms -- Perioperative management -- Management of unruptured intracranial aneurysms -- Intracranial arteriovenous malformations and Rural AVM, AVF -- Cerebral revascularization -- Venous system.
- Noninvasive cerebrovascular diagnosis 2010, SpringerOverview of cerebrovascular disease -- Overview of various noninvasive cerebrovascular techniques -- Duplex scanning of the carotid arteries -- The role of color duplex scanning in diagnosing diseases of the aortic arch branches and carotid arteries -- Vertebral artery ultrasonography -- Transcranial Doppler sonography -- Ultrasonic characterization of carotid plaques -- Carotid plaque echolucency measured by grayscale median identifies patients at increased risk of stroke during carotid stenting: the imaging in carotid antioplasty and risk of stroke study -- Duplex ultrasound in the diagnosis of temporal arteritis -- Duplex ultrasound velocity criteria for carotid stenting patients -- Use of transcranial Doppler in monitoring patients during carotid artery stenting -- Use of an angle-independent Doppler system for intraoperative carotid endarterectomy surveillance -- Clinical implications of the vascular laboratory in the diagnosis of cerebrovascular insufficiency.
- Noninvasive vascular diagnosis. 3rd ed. 2013, SpringerThere has been a rapid expansion in the field of noninvasive vascular diagnostics over the past two decades. Technological advances have provided an unprecedented variety of therapeutic options and the contemporary vascular specialist today must provide the entire spectrum of care for the patient with circulatory disease, including conventional open surgery, minimally invasive endovascular therapy, and medical management. This new edition of Noninvasive Vascular Diagnosis provides truly comprehensive coverage of noninvasive vascular testing, ranging from conventional noninvasive technology to the latest state-of-the-art advances. Regulatory issues are also discussed, which will become an increasingly important issue in our evolving health care system. It is designed to help determine the most applicable and practical methods for managing patients in the most cost effective and efficient manner. A considerable amount of new material has been added to this popular textbook and there has been extensive revision of its previous content. The Editors have gathered together prominent experts in the field to address the needs of all clinicians who are involved in the care of patients with vascular disease, continuing to make this a key reference in the field.
- Nutrition, lifestyle factors, and blood pressure 2012, CRCnetBASE"Aiming to increase awareness, this book covers measures to prevent health conditions and diseases that are associated with high blood pressure. The first section provides a comprehensive review of diet, nutrition, lifestyle, and blood pressure control. It also discusses the consequences of high blood pressure, including heart disease, kidney disease, diabetes, and stroke. The second section focuses on implementation of strategies to promote behavioral changes for blood pressure control. The final section addresses key subgroup populations and situations that require special considerations. Case studies demonstrate how lifestyle factors can be changed to control blood pressure"--Provided by publisher.
- Obesity management 2005, HighWire
- Organ microcirculation 2005, Springer
- Pathology and surgery around the vertebral artery 2011, SpringerThis is the first comprehensive book about surgery on and around the vertebral artery all along its cervical and intracranial course. This vessel has been considered for long as out of surgical reach leaving many different pathologies not or incompletely treated. The surgical exposure and control of the vertebral artery not only permit to treat lesions of the vertebral artery wall or developed in contact to it but also to improve the access to the intervertebral foramen (tumors, osteophytes), to the anterior aspect of the spinal cord (tumors, spondylotic spurs), to the foramen magnum and to the jugular foramen. This book written by leading experts includes all aspects of vertebral artery surgery from anatomy to imaging, surgical techniques and pathologies; it is illustrated by many figures especially operative views and schematic drawings so that the beginner as well as the experienced surgeon find useful information. One of the editors of this book (B. GEORGE) was recently awarded the Olivecrona award for his work on the surgery of the vertebral artery.
- Pediatric hypertension. 3rd ed. 2013, Springer
- Pediatric hypertension.. 2nd ed. 2011, Springer
- Peripheral endovascular interventions. 3rd ed. 2010, SpringerEvolution of endovascular therapy: diagnostics and therapeutics -- Pathophysiology of vascular disease -- Training and credentialing in vascular and endovascular surgery -- Assessment of vascular patients and indications for therapy -- Anesthesia techniques for endovascular surgery -- Intraprocedural monitoring for endovascular procedures -- Safety considerations for endovascular surgery -- Endovascular intervention suite design -- Angioscopy: instrumentation, techniques, and applications -- Duplex-guided balloon angioplasty from the carotid to the plantar arteries -- Intravascular ultrasound imaging -- Biomaterials: considerations for endovascular devices -- Ancillary endovascular equipment: catheters, guidewires, and procedural considerations -- Balloon angioplasty -- Endovascular intervention for lower extremity deep venous thrombosis -- Remote femoral and iliac artery endarterectomy --Intravascular stents -- Intravascular laser technologies -- Endovascular devices for abdominal aortic aneurysms -- Endovascular devices for thoracic aortic aneurysms -- Critical limb ischemia -- Renal stents -- Inferior vena cava filters: the impact of endovascular technology -- Carotid stenting -- Neuroendovascular interventions -- The current status of hybrid repair of thoracoabdominal aortic aneurysms -- Laparoscopic aortic surgery -- Endovenous surgery -- Thoracic outlet syndrome: endoscopic transaxillary first rib approach: 23 years experience (1985-2008) -- Prevention of lesion recurrence in endovascular devices -- Management of the percutaneous puncture site -- Endovascular practice in Asia-Pacific -- Future imaging and guidance for endovascular procedures.
- Pharmacotherapy of pulmonary hypertension 2013, SpringerDefinition and classification of pulmonary hypertension / Marc Humbert, David Montani, Oleg V. Evgenov, and Gérald Simonneau -- Pulmonary hypertension: pathophysiology and signaling pathways / Bradley A. Maron and Joseph Loscalzo -- Pulmonary hypertension: pathology / Peter Dorfmüller -- Pulmonary hypertension: biomarkers / Christopher J. Rhodes, John Wharton, and Martin R. Wilkins -- Rodent models of group 1 pulmonary hypertension / John J. Ryan, Glenn Marsboom, and Stephen L. Archer -- General supportive care / Ioana R. Preston -- Calcium-channel blockers in pulmonary arterial hypertension / Marie-Camille Chaumais, Elise Artaud Macari, and Olivier Sitbon -- Prostacyclins / Horst Olschewski -- Endothelin Receptor Antagonists / Martine Clozel, Alessandro Maresta, and Marc Humbert -- Phosphodiesterase-5 inhibitors / Barbara A. Cockrill and Aaron B. Waxman -- Inhaled nitric oxide for the treatment of pulmonary arterial hypertension / Steven H. Abman -- Soluble guanylate cyclase stimulators in pulmonary hypertension / Johannes-Peter Stasch and Oleg V. Evgenov -- Therapeutics targeting of dysregulated redox equilibrium and endothelial dysfunction / Michael G. Risbano and Mark T. Gladwin -- Rho-kinase inhibitors / Yoshihiro Fukumoto and Hiroaki Shimokawa -- Serotonin transporter and serotonin receptors / Serge Adnot, Amal Houssaini, Shariq Abid, Elisabeth Marcos, and Valérie Amsellem -- Targeting of platelet-derived growth factor signaling in pulmonary arterial hypertension / Eva Berghausen, Henrik ten Freyhaus, and Stephan Rosenkranz -- Emerging molecular targets for anti-proliferative strategies in pulmonary arterial hypertension / Ly Tu and Christophe Guignabert -- Anti-inflammatory and immunosuppressive agents in PAH / Jolyane Meloche, Sébastien Renard, Steeve Provencher, and Sébastien Bonnet -- Vasoactive peptides and the pathogenesis of pulmonary hypertension: role and potential therapeutic application / Reshma S. Baliga, Raymond J. MacAllister, and Adrian J. Hobbs -- Pulmonary hypertension: novel pathways and emerging therapies inhibitors of cGMP and cAMP metabolism / Yassine Sassi and Jean-Sébastien Hulot -- Pulmonary hypertension: old targets revisited (statins, PPARs, beta-blockers) / Geoffrey Watson, Eduardo Oliver, Lan Zhao, and Martin R. Wilkins -- Pulmonary hypertension: current management and future directions / Lewis J. Rubin.
- Polymyalgia rheumatica and giant cell arteritis 2010, SpringerPolymyalgia Rheumatica and Giant Cell Arteritis - an overview with a focus on important factors contributing to the severity of the disease / Jozef Rovenský, Burkhard F. Leeb, Viera Štvrtinová, Richard Imrich and Juraj Duda -- Polymyalgia Rheumatica, Temporal Arteritis and Occurrence of Malignant Tumors / Jozef Rovenský and Alena Tuchyňová -- Coronary involvement and atherosclerosis in Giant Cell Arteritis / Viera Štvrtinová, Jozef Rovenský and Alena Tuchyňová -- T cells and their role in Polymyalgia Rheumatica and Giant Cell Arteritis / Stanislava Blažíčková and Jozef Rovenský -- Cytokines in Polymyalgia Rheumatica and Giant Cell Arteritis / Jozef Rovenský and Richard Imrich -- Genetic factors in Giant Cell Arteritis and Polymyalgia Rheumatica / Vladimír Bošák -- Polymyalgia rheumatica (PMR) and vascular complications / Viera Štvrtinová, Svetoslav Štvrtina and Jozef Rovenský -- Chronobiology of Polymyalgia Rheumatica and Giant Cell Arteritis / Howard Bird -- Histopathology of Giant Cell (temporal) Arteritis - changes in aorta / Svetoslav Štvrtina and Jozef Rovenský -- Ultrasonography in Polymyalgia Rheumatica and/or Giant Cell Arteritis / Peter Poprac and Jozef Rovenský -- Therapy of Polymyalgia Rheumatica and Giant Cell Arteritis / Jozef Rovenský and Richard Imrich -- Diagnostic Criteria, Treatment, and Monitoring of Polymyalgia Rheumatica/Giant Cell Arteritis / Burkhard F. Leeb, Thomas Nothnagl, Martin Steindl and Bernhard Rintelen.
- Practical approach to cardiovascular medicine 2011, WileySection I. Preventive Cardiology -- Chapter 1. Prevention of Cardiovascular Disease / Maulik Shah and Reza Ardehali -- Chapter 2. Dyslipidemia / Karim Sallam and Reza Ardehali -- Chapter 3. Hypertension / Christopher Woods and Richard Lafayette -- Section II. Coronary Artery Disease -- Chapter 4. Stable Angina / Joshua Lehrer and William F. Fearon -- Chapter 5. Unstable Angina and Non-ST Elevation Myocardial Infarction / Joshua Lehrer and David P. Lee -- Chapter 6. ST-Elevation Myocardial Infarction / Yen Tibayan -- Section III. Heart Failure -- Chapter 7. Care of the Cardiomyopathic Patient / Nicholas J. Leeper, Reza Ardehali and Michael Fowler -- Chapter 8. Pulmonary Hypertension and Right Heart Failure / Matthew T. Wheeler and Roham T. Zamanian -- Chapter 9. Heart Transplantation / Jesus Almendral, Robert Maranda and Sharon Hunt -- Section IV. Valvular and Vascular Disease -- Chapter 10. Valvular Heart Disease / Reza Ardehali and Ingela Schnittger -- Chapter 11. Diseases of the Aorta / Michael Ho and David Liang -- Chapter 12. Peripheral Vascular Disease / Andrew Wilson, Reza Ardehali and John Cooke -- Section V. Arrhythmias and Sudden Cardiac Death -- Chapter 13. Atrial Fibrillation and Flutter / Marco Perez and Amin Al-Ahmad -- Chapter 14. Supraventricular Tachycardia / Marco Perez and Paul Zei -- Chapter 15. Ventricular Tachycardia / Jeffrey Hsing and Henry Hsia -- Chapter 16. Bradycardia / Jeffrey Hsing and Paul Wang ---- Chapter 17. Syncope / Farheen Shirazi and Karen Friday -- Section VI. Cardiovascular Disease in Special Populations -- Chapter 18. Congenital Heart Disease / Patrick Yue -- Chapter 19. Cardiology Consultation and Management of Perioperative Complications / Azar Mehdizadeh and Stanley G. Rockson -- Chapter 20. Management of Pre- and Post-Cardiac Surgery Patients / Mohammad Haghdoost and Ramin Beygui -- Section VII. Specialized Testing and Therapeutics -- Chapter 21. Adult Advanced Cardiac Life Support / Anurag Gupta and Amin Al-Ahmad -- Chapter 22. ECG Interpretation / Marco Perez and Victor F. Froelicher -- Chapter 23. Transthoracic and Transesophageal Echocardiography / Shahriar Heidary and Ingela Schnittger -- Chapter 24. Noninvasive Stress Testing / Arvindh Kanagasundram and Victor F. Froelicher -- Chapter 25. Cardiac MRI and CT / Chandra Katikireddy and Michael V. McConnell -- Chapter 26. Clinical Cardiac Hemodynamics / Shirley Park and Euan Ashley -- Chapter 27. Percutaneous Interventions / Aiden O'Loughlin and Alan Yeung -- Chapter 28. Pacemakers and ICD Troubleshooting / Marco Perez and Paul Wang -- Chapter 29. Introduction to Electrophysiology Studies / Ronald Lo and Henry Hsia.
- Practical carotid artery stenting 2009, Springer
- Practical methods in cardiovascular research 2005, Springer
- Practical neuroangiography. 3rd ed. 2013, OvidMachine generated contents note: SECTION I Techniques and Safety -- 1.History and Introduction -- 2.Performing a Cerebral Arteriogram -- 3.Spinal Angiography: Technical Aspects -- 4.Pediatric Neuroangiography: Technical Aspects -- 5.Safety and Complications -- 6.Radiation Risks and Safety -- SECTION II Anatomy -- 7.Embryology of the Cranial Circulation -- 8.Aortic Arch -- 9.The Circle of Willis -- 10.The Internal Carotid Artery -- 11.The Anterior Cerebral Artery -- 12.The Middle Cerebral Artery -- 13.The Posterior Cerebral Artery -- 14.The Extradural Vertebral Arteries -- 15.The Arteries of the Posterior Fossa -- 16.The Venous System -- 17.The External Carotid Artery and Extracranial Circulation -- SECTION III Vascular Diseases: Diagnosis and Treatment -- 18.Intracranial Aneurysms, Diagnosis and Treatment -- 19.Vascular Malformation of the Brain -- 20.Cranial Dural Vascular Malformations -- 21.Vascular Malformations of the Spine -- 22.Pediatric Ischemic Stroke and Arteriopathy --Contents note continued: 23.Carotid-Cavernous Fistulas -- 24.Nonaneurysmal Perimesencephalic Subarachnoid Hemorrhage -- 25.ENT Bleeding and Tumor Embolization -- 26.Reversible Cerebral Vasoconstriction Syndrome -- 27.Vasculitides Involving the Central Nervous System -- 28.Bow Hunter's Stroke -- 29.Dural Sinus Occlusive Disease -- 30.Cerebral Vasospasm -- 31.Angioplasty and Stenting of Atherosclerotic Disease -- 32.Endovascular Treatment of Ischemic Stroke -- 33.Vein of Galen Malformations.
- Prevention of stroke 2002, CRCnetBASE
- Preventive cardiology 2004, HighWire
- Principles of miniaturized extracorporeal circulation 2013, Springer
- Proceedings of the 61st Annual Fall Conference and Scientific Sessions of the American Heart Association Council for High Blood Pressure Research, held September 26 to 29, 2007 in Tucson Ariz. 2008, HighWire
- Proceedings of the International Merck Symposium on HDL Raising Beyond LDL-C Reduction: New Paradigms in the Reduction of Cardiovascular Risk 2005, HighWire
- Pulmonary vascular disorders 2012, KargerUpdated clinical classification of pulmonary hypertension -- Pathology of pulmonary arterial hypertension -- Invasive rest and exercise hemodynamics in the modern management of pulmonary vascular disease: an expanding role in the future -- Exercise testing in pulmonary arterial hypertension -- Noninvasive exploration of the pulmonary circulation and the right heart -- Biomarkers in pulmonary arterial hypertension -- Genetics of pulmonary arterial hypertension and the concept of heritable pulmonary arterial hypertension -- Drug- and toxin-induced pulmonary arterial hypertension -- Idiopathic pulmonary arterial hypertension and its prognosis in the modern management era in developed and developing countries -- Pulmonary arterial hypertension complicating connective tissue disorders -- Pulmonary arterial hypertension and HIV and other viral infections -- Portopulmonary hypertension and hepatopulmonary syndrome -- Pulmonary hypertension in congenital heart diseases -- Pulmonary hypertension in sickle cell disease -- Schistosomiasis and pulmonary hypertension -- Pulmonary veno-occlusive disease -- Pulmonary hypertension and left heart disease -- Pulmonary hypertension in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease -- Pulmonary hypertension complicating interstitial and granulomatous lung diseases -- High-altitude pulmonary hypertension -- Acute pulmonary venous thromboembolic disease -- Anticaogulation for venous thromboembolism in the modern management era -- Chronic thromboembolic pulmonary hypertension -- Medical treatment of pulmonary arterial hypertension -- Lung transplantation and role for novel extracorporeal support in pulmonary hypertension -- Artrial septostomy -- Pulmonary vascular disorders in hereditary hemorrhagic telangiectasia -- Future perspectives in pulmonary arterial hypertension.
- Pulse waves 2012, Springer
- Resistant hypertension 2013, Springer
- Retinal vascular disease 2007, SpringerI. Pathogenesis of retinal vascular disease -- 1 Functional anatomy, fine structure and basic pathology -- 2 Retinal vascular development -- 3 Retinal angiogenesis and growth factors -- 4 Hematopoietic stem cells in vascular development and ocular neovascularization -- 5 Inflammation as a stimulus for vascular leakage and proliferation -- 6 The neuronal influence on retinal vascular pathology -- 7 Hypoxia in the pathogenesis of retinal disease -- 8 Blood retinal barrier -- 9 Retinal blood flow -- 10 Genetic approach to retinal vascular disease -- II. General concepts in the diagnosis and treatment of retinal vascular disease -- 11 A practical guide to fluorescein angiography -- 12 Optical coherence tomography in the diagnosis of retinal vascular disease -- 13 General concepts in laser treatment for retinal vascular disease -- 14 The role of photodynamic therapy in retinal vascular disease -- 15 Cryosurgery in retinal vascular disease -- 16 Vitrectomy in retinal vascular disease: surgical principles -- 17 Treatment of rubeotic secondary glaucoma -- 18 Intravitreal injections: guidelines to minimize the risk of endophthalmitis --III. Pathology, clinical course and treatment of retinal vascular diseases -- 19 Grading of diabetic retinopathy -- 20 Retinopathy of prematurity -- 21 Vascular occlusive disease -- 22 Vascular abnormalities -- 23 Vasculopathy after treatment of choroidal melanoma -- 24 Vasculopathies with acute systemic diseases -- 25 Inflammatory vascular disease -- 26 Hypertensive retinopathies -- 27 Sickle cell retinopathy and hemoglobinopathies -- 28 Vascular tumors of the retina.
- Right ventricle in adults with tetralogy of fallot 2012, Springer
- Sclerotherapy. 5th ed. / 2011, ScienceDirect
- Special issues in hypertension 2012, Springer
- Stroke essentials for primary care 2009, Springer
- Stroke prevention in clinical practice 2008, Springer
- Stroke recovery with cellular therapies 2008, SpringerSafety and efficacy of transplanting immortalized neural stem cells in stroke patients -- Transplantation of bone marrow stromal cells for the treatment of stroke -- Cord blood cells as a treatment for stroke -- Adipose-derived stem cells as a potential therapy for stroke -- Novel imaging modalities to monitor implanted embryonic stem cells in stroke -- Cell transplantation for intracerebral hemorrhage -- Therapeutic strategies employing endogenous neural stem cells in tissue remodeling following ischemic injury: the promise, the peril and novel future applications -- Ethics and stem cell research -- Special conditions in the design of clinical stroke trials for cell transplantation.
- Surgical management of cerebrovascular disease 2010, SpringerMicrosurgical principles for anterior circulation aneurysms -- Treatment of ruptured cerebral aneurysms: clip and coil, not clip versus coil -- Distal anterior cerebral artery aneurysms -- Treatment of complex intracranial aneurysms of anterior circulation using multiple clips -- Overview of spontaneous cervicocephalic arterial dissection in Japan -- Incidence of intracranial arterial dissection in non-emergency outpatients complaining of headache: preliminary investigation with MRI/MRA examinations -- A study of vertebrobasilar artery dissection with subarachnoid hemorrhage -- Surgical treatment of intracranial VA dissecting aneurysm -- Management of spontaneous dissection of the cervical carotid artery -- Natural history of arteriovenous malformations: presentation, risk of hemorrhage and mortality -- Present state of microneurosurgery of cerebral arteriovenous malformations -- Management of dural arteriovenous fistulas: Helsinki and Kuopio experience -- The rationale behind "a randomized trial of unruptured brain AVMs" (ARUBA) -- Posterior circulation EC-IC bypass via supracerebellar transtentorial SCTT approach applied in a young patient with congenital multiple occlusive cerebrovascular anomalies: case report and technical note -- Superficial temporal artery-to-middle cerebral artery anastomosis with encephalo-duro-myo-synangiosis as a modified operative procedure for moyamoya disease -- Long-term results of carotid endarterectomy and carotid stenting -- Application of microscope integrated indocyanine green video-angiography during microneurosurgical treatment of intracranial aneurysms: a review -- Principles of neuroanesthesia in stroke surgery -- Prevention of symptomatic vasospasm by continuous cisternal irrigation with mock-CSF containing ascorbic acid and Mg2+.
- Sutureless anastomoses 2007, Springer
- Syncope 2011, Springer
- Systemic vasculitis 2012, Springer
- Sect. I: Pulmonary arteries, aorta, peripheral vessels -- Sect. II: Coronary arteries -- Sect. III: Intracardiac masses -- Sect. IV: Endocardium and valves -- Sect. V: Pericardium and myocardium -- Sect. VI: Congenital heart disease.
- Textbook of pulmonary vascular disease 2011, Springer
- Therapeutic angiogenesis for vascular diseases 2011, Springer
- Thrombolytic therapy for acute stroke. 2nd ed. 2005, Springer
- Translational stroke research 2012, Springerpt. 1.Theoretical Overview --Vascular Targets for Ischemic Stroke Treatment /Sara Morales Palomares and Marilyn J. Cipolla --Identifying Vascular Targets to Treat Hemorrhagic Stroke /Paul A. Lapchak --Experimental Platforms for Assessing White Matter Pathophysiology in Stroke /Ken Arai, Loc-Duyen D. Pham and Eng H. Lo --Neuroprotection in Stroke /Aarti Sarwal, Muhammad Shazam Hussain and Ashfaq Shuaib.pt. 2.Mechanisms & Targets --Protein Aggregation and Multiple Organelle Damage After Brain Ischemia /Chunli H. Liu, Fan Zhang, Tibor Krisrian, Brian Polster and Gary M. Fiskum, et al. --Antioxidants and Stroke: Success and Pitfalls /Fernanda M. F. Roleira, Elisiário J. Tavares-da-Silva, Jorge Garrido and Fernanda Borges --Caspase-Independent Stroke Targets /Ruoyang Shi, Jiequn Weng, Paul Szelemej and Jiming Kong --Hypoxia-Inducible Factor: A New Hope to Counteract Stroke /Chunhua Chen and Changman Zhou --Thrombin in Ischemic Stroke Targeting /Bo Chen --Toll-Like Receptor Agonists as Antecedent Therapy for Ischemic Brain Injury: Advancing Preclinical Studies to the Nonhuman Primate /Frances Rena Bahjat, Keri B. Vartanian, G. Alexander West and Mary P. Stenzel-Poore --Angiogenesis and Arteriogenesis as Stroke Targets /Jieli Chen and Michael Chopp --Hematopoietic Growth Factor Family for Stroke Drug Development /Ihsan Solaroglu and Murat Digicaylioglu --Soluble Epoxide Hydrolase as a Stroke Target /Jonathan W. Nelson and Nabil J. Alkayed --Membrane Potential as Stroke Target /Jens P. Dreier, Maren Winkler, Dirk Wiesenthal, Michael Scheel and Clemens Reiffurth --Hypothermia to Identify Therapeutic Targets for Stroke Treatment /Masaaki Hokari and Midori A. Yenari --Stroke Preconditioning to Identify Endogenous Protective or Regenerative Mechanisms /Liren Qian, Prativa Sherchan and Xuejun Sun --microRNAs in Ischemic Brain: The Fine-Tuning Specialists and Novel Therapeutic Targets /Ashutosh Dharap, Venkata P. Nakka and Raghu Vemuganti --Neuroglobin: A Novel Target for Endogenous Neuroprotection /Zhanyang Yu, Ning Liu and Xiaoying Wang --Characterization of Novel Neuroprotective Lipid Analogues for the Treatment of Stroke /Pamela Maher, Alain César Biraboneye and Jean-Louis Kraus --Na+/H+ Exchangers as Therapeutic Targets for Cerebral Ischemia /Yejie Shi and Dandan Sun --Iron as a Therapeutic Target in Intracerebral Hemorrhage: Preclinical Testing of Deferoxamine /Ya Hua, Richard F. Keep, Yuxiang Gu and Guohua Xi --Potential Therapeutic Targets for Cerebral Resuscitation After Global Ischemia /Yan Xu --The Splenic Response to Ischemic Stroke: Neuroinflammation, Immune Cell Migration, and Experimental Approaches to Defining Cellular Mechanisms /Christopher C. Leonardo, Hilary Seifert and Keith R. Pennypacker.pt. 3.Translational Models --Overcoming Barriers to Translation from Experimental Stroke Models /Ludmila Belayev --Animal Models of Stroke for Preclinical Drug Development: A Comparative Study of Flavonols for Cytoprotection /Carli L. Roulston, Sarah McCann, Robert M. Weston and Bevyn Jarrott --Clinical Relevance in a Translational Rodent Model of Acute Ischemic Stroke: Incorporating the Biological Variability of Spontaneous Recanalization /Kama Guluma --A Clinically Relevant Rabbit Embolic Stroke Model for Acute Ischemic Stroke Therapy Development: Mechanisms and Targets /Paul A. Lapchak --Animal Models of Intracranial Aneurysms /Elena I. Liang, Hiroshi Makino, Yoshiteru Tada, Kosuke Wada and Tomoki Hashimoto --Animal Models of SAH and Their Translation to Clinical SAH /Tommaso Zoerle and R. Loch Macdonald.pt. 4.De-risking of Drug Candidates --ADME (Absorption, Distribution, Metabolism, Excretion): The Real Meaning-Avoiding Disaster and Maintaining Efficacy for Preclinical Candidates /Katya Tsaioun and Steven A. Kates --CeeTox Analysis to De-risk Drug Development: The Three Antioxidants (NXY-059, Radicut, and STAZN) /Paul A. Lapchak.pt. 5.Therapy Delivery --Site-Specific, Sustained-Release Drug Delivery for Subarachnoid Hemorrhage /R. Loch Macdonald --Therapeutic Potential of Intranasal Delivery of Drugs and Cells for Stroke and Other Neurological Diseases /Heyu Chen, Caibin Sheng, Weiliang Xia and Weihai Ying.pt. 6.Therapy Development --High-Dose Albumin for Neuroprotection in Acute Ischemic Stroke: From Basic Investigations to Multicenter Clinical Trial /Myron D. Ginsberg --The Translation Procedure of Low-Level Laser Therapy in Acute Ischemic Stroke: A Nonpharmaceutics Noninvasive Method /Yair Lampl --Use of Microbubbles in Acute Stroke /Marta Rubiera and Carlos A. Molina --Transcranial High-Intensity Focused Ultrasound for Sonothrombolysis in Stroke /Thilo Hölscher, Golnaz Ahadi, Daniel Lotz, Cheryl Schendel and David Fisher, et al. --Cellular Therapy for Ischemic Stroke /Todd Deveau, Shan Ping Yu and Ling Wei.pt. 7.Clinical Trial Design --Repair-Based Therapies After Stroke /Steven C. Cramer --A Critical Review of Stroke Trial Analytical Methodology: Outcome Measures, Study Design, and Correction for Imbalances /Pitchaiah Mandava, Chase S. Krumpelman, Santosh B. Murthy and Thomas A. Kent --Metabolic Imaging in Translational Stroke Research /Krishna A. Dani and Keith W. Muir --Computational Analysis: A Bridge to Translational Stroke Treatment /Nirmalya Ghosh, Yu Sun, Christine Turenius, Bir Bhanu and Andre Obenaus, et al. --Innovations in Stroke Clinical Trial Design /Karen L. Furie, Michael K. Parides and Michael K. Parides.Pt. 1. Theoretical overview -- pt. 2. Mechanisms and targets -- pt. 3. Translational models -- pt. 4. De-risking of drug candidates -- pt. 5. Therapy delivery -- pt. 6. Therapy development -- pt. 7. Clinical trial design.
- Translational vascular medicine 2012, Springer
- Two symposia 2004, HighWire
- Ultrasonography in vascular diagnosis. 2nd ed. 2011, Springer
- Ultrasonography in vascular diagnosis. [1st English ed.] 2005, Springer
- Ultrasound and carotid bifurcation atherosclerosis 2012, Springer
- Update on clopidogrel and dual anti-platelet therapy 2006, HighWire
- Valvular heart disease in clinical practice 2009, SpringerThe Mitral Valve Disease / Michael Henein and John Pepper -- Aortic Valve Disease / Michael Henein and Joseph Maalouf -- Right Heart Valve Disease / Michael Henein -- Pulmonary Valve Disease / Michael Henein and Wei Li -- Stress Echo in Valvular Heart Disease / Eugenio Picano -- Valve Substitutes / John Chambers -- Native and Prosthetic Valve Endocarditis / Maurizio Galderisim and Sergio Mondillo.
- Vascular biology protocols 2007, Springer ProtocolsRat carotid artery balloon injury model / David A. Tulis -- Histological and morphometric analyses for rat carotid balloon injury model / David A. Tulis -- Plaque rupture model in mice / Takeshi Sasaki, Kae Nakamura and Masafumi Kuzuya -- Immunostaining of mouse atherosclerotic lesions / Hong Lu, Debra L. Rateri and Alan Daugherty -- Surgical animal model of ventricular hypertrophy / Giuseppe Marano and Alberto U. Ferrari -- Animal models of hypertension / Brett M. Mitchell, Thomas Wallerath and Ulrich Förstermann -- Rat models of cardiac insulin resistance / Sanjoy Ghosh, Brian Rodrigues and Jun Ren -- The Isolated, perfused pseudo-working heart model / Gary J. Grover and Rajni Singh -- Altering and analyzing glucose metabolism in perfused hearts of transgenic mice / Rajakumar V. Donthi and Paul N. Epstein -- Methods in the evaluation of cardiovascular renin angiotensin aldosterone activation and oxidative stress / Camila Manrique -- Detection and quantification of apoptosis in the vasculature / Wendy A. Boivin and David J. Granville -- Endothelial progenitor cell and mesenchymal stem cell isolation, characterization, viral transduction / Keith R. Brunt, Sean R. R. Hall, Christopher A. Ward, and Luis G. Melo -- Assessment of endothelial damage/dysfunction: a focus on circulating endothelial cells / Christopher J. boos, Andrew D. Blann, and Gregory Y. H. Lip -- Evaluation of endothelial function by in vivo microscopy / Rosario Scalia -- Hapotaxis of endothelial cell migration under flow / Steve Hsu, Rahul Thakar, and Song Li -- Isolation, culture, and functional analysis of adult mouse cardiomyocytes / Ronglih Liao and Mohit Jain -- Mechanical measurement of contractile function of isolated ventricular myocytes / Loren E. Wold and Jun Ren -- Studying ischemia and reperfusion in isolated neonatal rat ventricular myocytes using coverslip hypoxia / Kelly R. Pitts and Christopher F. Toombs -- Isolation and functional studies of rat aortic smooth muscle cells / Nair Sreejayan and Xiaoping Yang -- Detection of reactive oxygen species and nitric oxide in vascular cells and tissues / Hua Cai, Sergey Dikalow, Kathy K. Griendling, and David G. Harrison -- Assessment of protein glycoxidation in ventricular tissues / Shi-Yan Li and Jun Ren -- Assessment of PI-3 kinase and Akt in ischemic heart diseases in diabetes / Takashi Matsui and Amy J. Davidoff -- Two-dimensional gel electrophoresis in platelet proteomics research / Ángel García -- Stem cell therapy in the heart and vasculature / Loren E. Wold, Wangde Dai, Joan S. Dow, and Robert A. Kloner.
- Vascular complications in human disease 2008, Springer
- Vascular dementia 2005, SpringerThe aging population and the importance of vascular dementia / Kelly L. Lange and Robert H. Paul -- Clinical forms of vascular dementia / Gustavo C. Román -- Neuropathological substrates of vascular ischemic dementia / Kurt A. Jellinger -- Diagnosis of vascular dementia : conceptual challenges / José G. Merino and Vladimir Hachinski -- Cerebral hemodynamics in the elderly / Jorge M. Serrador and Lewis A. Lipsitz -- The cadasil syndrome and other genetic causes of stroke and vascular dementia / Stephen Salloway and Sophie Desbiens -- Estrogen, the cerebrovascular system, and dementia / Sharon X.C. Yang and George A. Kuchel -- Hypertension and cerebrovascular disease : effects of hypertension on young and middle-aged rhesus monkeys / Mark B. Moss and Elizabeth M. Jonak -- The cognitive profile of vascular dementia / Angela Lee Jefferson ... [et al.] -- Progression of cognitive impairments associated with cerebrovascular disease / Sally Stephens ... [et al.] -- Neuropsychiatric correlates of vascular injury : vascular dementia and related neurobehavioral syndromes / Anand Kumar, Helen Lavretsky, and Ebrahim Haroon -- Functional impairment in vascular dementia / Patricia A. Boyle and Deborah Cahn-Weiner -- Functional brain imaging of cerebrovascular disease / Ronald Cohen ... [et al.] -- Contributions of subcortical lacunar infarcts to cognitive impairment in older persons / Dan Mungas --White matter hyperintensities and cognition / David J. Moser, Jason E. Kanz, and Kelly Davis Garrett -- Poststroke dementia : the role of strategic infarcts / Anelyssa D'Abreu and Brian R. Ott -- Understanding incidence and prevalence rates in mixed dementia / John Gunstad and Jeffery Browndyke -- Vascular basement membrane abnormalities and alzheimer's disease / Edward G. Stopa, Brian D. Zipser, and John E. Donahue -- Amyloid beta and the cerebral vasculature / Paula Grammas -- Cerebrovascular disease and the expression of Alzheimer's disease / Margaret M. Esiri and Zsuzsanna Nagy -- The neuropsychological differentiation between Alzheimer's disease and subcortical vascular dementia / David J. Libon ... [et al.] -- Pharmacological treatment of vascular dementia / Timo Erkinjuntti ... [et al.] -- Understanding and managing caregiver burden in cerebrovascular disease / Geoffrey Tremont, Jennifer Duncan Davis, and Mary Beth Spitznagel -- Quality of life in patients with vascular dementia / Rebecca E. Ready and Brian R. Ott -- Approaches to neuroprotection and recovery enhancement after acute stroke / Marc Fisher and Magdy Selim.
- Vascular interventional radiology 2007, Springer
- Vascular interventional radiology. 2nd ed. 2012, Springer
- Vascular liver disease 2011, Springer
- Vascular mechanics and pathology 2007, Springer
- Vascular surgery 2012, Springer
- Vascular surgery. 3rd ed. 2011, Springer
- Vascular surgery. 3rd ed., rev. and expanded. 2004, CRCnetBASE
- Vasculitis in clinical practice 2010, SpringerDefinitions -- Classification and epidemiology -- General presentation of the vasculitides -- General principles of treatment -- Giant cell arteritis -- Takayasu arteritis -- Wegener's granulomatosis -- Churg-Strauss syndrome -- Microscopic polyangiitis -- Polyarteritis nodosa -- Kawasaki disease -- Henoch-Schonlein purpura -- Behcet's dsease -- Cryoglobulinemic vasculitis -- Vasculitis mimics -- Secondary vasculitis -- Primary angiitis of the central nervous system vasculitis -- Relapsing polychondritis -- Cogan's syndrome.
- Visceral vascular manipulations 2011, ScienceDirect
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- AAP Red Book Online
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Sabiston Textbook of Surgery
- Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics
- Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics
- Mandell, Douglas, & Bennett's Principles & Practice of Infectious Diseases
- Red Book Online
- ICU Book
- Primary Care Medicine
- Campbell-Walsh Urology
Shortcut to Licensed Content
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Links” (IE7) or “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
Shortcut for iPhone
What is it?
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) gives you access to resources licensed by the library even when you're not coming from a Lane or a Stanford IP address.
While we'd like Lane to be your gateway to our licensed content, we recognize that links to books, articles and journals come from a variety of different sources (Google, your email, RSS reader, etc.).
When installed, it will look your browser bookmark.
At the page you would like to proxy, click the "Lane Gateway to Licensed Content" to invoke it.
If Lane licenses that content, you'll get access as if you were on campus.
How does it work?
This allows you to view the URL as though you were on campus, giving you access to materials licensed for use by the Stanford academic community.
If you're not authenticated, you'll be prompted for your SUNetID and password.
Don't see the Toolbar, Bookmarks, or Links or Favorites bar?
From the "View" menu, select "Toolbars" & choose "Bookmarks Toolbar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Show Bookmarks Bar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Always Show Bookmarks Bar"
- Right-click in a clear area near the browser address bar
- In the menu, check a box next "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites" (IE8, IE9)
- Managing IE Favorites
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) only works with resources Lane has licensed and configured to work with our proxy server.
If invoked on a resource we do not license and/or have not yet configured, you will see an error message:
The Lane proxy server cannot complete your request because this host has not been configured properly.
We make no attempt to configure our proxy server for every resource, only those we license and for which a Stanford IP address grants access.
Drag this button onto your browser toolbar to install.
- Right click this button
- Select "Add to Favorites", click "Continue" if you see a security alert
- In "Create in" menu, select "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites Bar" (IE8, IE9) to install
Drag this button onto Safari Bookmarks bar to install.
Can't find it?
- Springer Protocols
- MD Consult
- Lange Series
- National Academy Press
- NCBI Bookshelf
- Thieme Atlases