Books by Subject
Vascular DiseasesAccess restricted to Stanford unless otherwise noted
- Adrenomedullin in cardiovascular disease 2005, Springer
- Advances in acute coronary syndrome management 2012, Future MedAdvances in acute coronary syndrome management / Harvey White -- Etiology and overview / Ralph A.H. Stewart -- Biomarkers in acute coronary syndromes / Harvey D. White -- Clinical risk scores in ACS management : current and future directions / Derek P. Chew & Leong Lee -- Antithrombotic therapies / Paul A. Gurbel & Udaya S. Tantry -- Lipid-lowering therapy / Joel A. Lardizabal & Prakash C. Deedwania -- Antihypertensive therapies / Grégoire Wuerzner, Olivier Muller & Michel Burnier -- Interventional approaches to acute coronary syndromes / Neal S. Kleiman -- Noninvasive imaging in acute coronary syndromes / Govind Srinivasan & Joseph Selvanayagam -- Electrocardiography in acute coronary syndromes / Cheuk-Kit Wong & Harvey D. White -- Current guidelines for acute coronary syndromes / Michel E. Bertrand -- Index.
- Advances in vascular medicine 2010, Springer
- AHA clinical cardiac consult. 2nd ed. 2007, Ovid
- AHA clinical cardiac consult. 3rd ed. / 2011, Ovid
- Angiogenesis 2007, CRCnetBASE
- Angiogenesis -- in vitro systems 2008, ScienceDirect
- Angiogenesis -- in vivo systems. Part A-B v.1-2, 2008., ScienceDirectpt. B, 2008 ScienceDirect
- Antiplatelet agents 2012, SpringerPart 1.Pathophysiology.Platelets: Production, Morphology and Ultrastructure /Jonathan N. Thon and Joseph E. Italiano --Platelet Receptors /Alexandre Kauskot and Marc F. Hoylaerts --Platelet Signaling /Timothy J. Stalker, Debra K. Newman, Peisong Ma, Kenneth M. Wannemacher and Lawrence F. Brass --Platelet Interaction with the Vessel Wall /Philip G. de Groot, Rolf T. Urbanus and Mark Roest --Platelets in Atherosclerosis and Thrombosis /Christian Schulz and Steffen Massberg --Part 2.Pharmacology.Aspirin and Other COX-1 Inhibitors /Carlo Patrono and Bianca Rocca --Thienopyridines and Other ADP-Receptor Antagonists /Isabell Bernlochner and Dirk Sibbing --Glycoprotein IIb/IIIa Antagonists /Karen M. Hook and Joel S. Bennett --Targeting Phosphodiesterases in Anti-platelet Therapy /Matthew T. Rondina and Andrew S. Weyrich --PAR-1 Inhibitors: A Novel Class of Antiplatelet Agents for the Treatment of Patients with Atherothrombosis /Sergio Leonardi and Richard C. Becker --Thromboxane Receptors Antagonists and/or Synthase Inhibitors /Giovanni Davì, Francesca Santilli and Natale Vazzana --Inhibitors of the Interaction Between von Willebrand Factor and Platelet GPIb/IX/V /Paolo Gresele and Stefania Momi --Inhibitors of the Interactions Between Collagen and Its Receptors on Platelets /Hans Deckmyn, Simon F. De Meyer, Katleen Broos and Karen Vanhoorelbeke --Intracellular Signaling as a Potential Target for Antiplatelet Therapy /Patrick Andre --Novel Targets for Platelet Inhibition /Kathleen Freson and Chris Van Geet --Variability of Platelet Indices and Function: Acquired and Genetic Factors /Giovanni de Gaetano, Iolanda Santimone, Francesco Gianfagna, Licia Iacoviello and Chiara Cerletti --Small RNAs as Potential Platelet Therapeutics /Leonard C. Edelstein and Paul F. Bray --Pharmacological Modulation of the Inflammatory Actions of Platelets /Richard Amison, Clive Page and Simon Pitchford --Part 3.Therapy.The Role of Laboratory Monitoring in Antiplatelet Therapy /Marco Cattaneo --Antiplatelet Agents in Ischemic Heart Disease /Christopher H. May and A. Michael Lincoff --Antiplatelet Therapy in Cerebrovascular Disorders /Ralph Weber, Johannes Brenck and Hans-Christoph Diener --Antiplatelet Therapy in Peripheral Artery Disease /Francesco Violi, Stefania Basili, Jeffrey S. Berger and William R. Hiatt --Primary Prevention of Ischaemic Cardiovascular Disorders with Antiplatelet Agents /Tom Mead.
- Aortic aneurysms 2009, Springer
- Applications of biotechnology in cardiovascular therapeutics 2011, Springer
- Atherosclerosis 2005, Springer
- Atherosclerosis and oxidant stress 2008, Springer
- Atherosclerosis disease management 2011, Springer
- Atlas of atherosclerosis and metabolic syndrome. 5th ed. 2011, SpringerThe Metabolic Syndrome -- Epidemiology of the Metabolic Syndrome and Risk for Cardiovascular Disease and Diabetes -- The Metabolic Syndrome and Atherogenesis -- Triglyceride-Rich Lipoproteins -- High-Density Lipoprotein Metabolism -- Newer Coronary Risk Factors -- Dietary Effects on Cardiovascular Risk Factors -- Strategies for Treating Abnormal Lipid Profiles with Drugs -- Ethnic Differences in the Metabolic Syndrome -- Obesity Management -- Diabetes Mellitus and Cardiovascular Disease -- Gender Differences in Coronary Risk Factors and Risk Interventions.
- Atlas of heart disease and stroke 2004, WHO
- Atlas of vascular anatomy. 2nd ed. 2007, OvidThe fetal circulation -- Arteries of the head and neck -- Veins of the head and neck -- Lymphatic system of the head and neck -- Arteries of the spinal cord and spine -- Veins of the spinal cord and spine -- Thoracic aorta and arteries of the trunk -- Veins of the thorax -- Lymphatic system of the thorax -- Pulmonary arterial circulation -- Pulmonary venous circulation -- Pulmonary and thoracic lymphatic system -- Heart and coronary arteries -- Cardiac veins -- Arteries of the upper extremity -- Veins of the upper extremity -- Lymphatic drainage of the upper extremity -- Abdominal aorta and branches -- Arteries of the pelvis -- Veins of the abdomen and pelvis -- Lymphatic system of the abdomen and pelvis -- Arteries of the lower extremity -- Veins of the lower extremity -- Lymphatic system of the lower extremity.
- Beta-blockade across the cardiovascular continuum 2009, HighWire
- Biochemistry of atherosclerosis 2006, Springer
- Biology and regulation of blood-tissue barriers 2013, SpringerRegulation of permeability across the blood-brain barrier / Alexander S. Easton -- Drug transporters at brain barriers : expression and regulation by neurological disorders / Tamima Ashraf ... [et al.] -- The blood-retina barrier : tight junctions and barrier modulation / Matthew Campbell and Peter Humphries -- The inner blood-retinal barrier : molecular structure and transport biology / Ken-Ichi Hosoya and Masanori Tachikawa -- Endothelial and epithelial barriers in graft-versus-host disease / Sam C. Nalle and Jerrold R. Turner -- Structure and regulation of intestinal epithelial tight junctions : current concepts and unanswered questions / Andrei I. Ivanov -- Polarity protein complex scribble/Lgl/Dlg and epithelial cell barriers / Wen-Hui Su ... [et al.] -- The blood-biliary barrier, tight junctions, and human liver diseases / Nikki P. Lee -- The blood-follicle barrier (BFB) in disease and in ovarian function / Michelle K.Y. Siu and C. Yan Cheng -- Physiology and pathophysiology of the epithelial barrier of the female reproductive tract : role of ion channels / Hsiao Chang Chan ... [et al.] -- The blood-epididymis barrier and human male fertility / Øvemie Dubø and Daniel G. Cyr -- Blood-tissue barriers : morphofunctional and immunological aspects of the blood-testis and blood-epididymal barriers / Luiz R. França ... [et al.] -- Gap junctions and blood-tissue barriers / Michelle W.M. Li, Dolores D. Mruk, and C. Yan Cheng -- Transcriptional regulation of cell adhesion at the blood-testis barrier and spermatogenesis in the testis / Wing-Yee Lui and C. Yan Cheng -- C-Src and c-Yes are two unlikely partners of spermatogenesis and their roles in blood-testis barrier dynamics / Xiang Xiao ... [et al.] -- Role of P-glycoprotein at the blood-testis barrier on adjudin distribution in the testis : a revisit of recent data / Linlin Su ... [et al.] -- The apical ectoplasmic specialization-blood-testis barrier functional axis is a novel target for male contraception / Ka-Wai Mok ... [et al.].
- Brain, stroke, and kidney 2013, KargerCerebral interaction and stroke / Toyoda, K. -- Inhibition of the renin-angiotensin-aldosterone system for cerebrorenal protection / Lambers Heerspink, H.J. -- Obesity and heart failure as a mediator of the cerebrorenal interaction / Jindal, A., Whaley-Connell, A., Sowers, J.R. -- Subclinical cerebral abnormalities in chronic kidney disease / Yao, H. ... [et al.] -- Carotid atherosclerosis in kidney disease / Kokubo, Y. -- Kidney disease and cognitive function / Elias, M.F., Dore, G.A., Davey, A. -- Risk of stroke in kidney disease / Ninomiya, T. -- Role of 24-hour blood pressure management in preventing kidney disease and stroke / Nagai, M., Hoshide, S., Kario, K. -- Preventing stroke and systemic embolism in renal patients with atrial fibrillation : focus on anticoagulation / Ahmad, Y., Lip, G.Y.H. -- Stroke features and management in patients with chronic kidney disease / Kamouchi, M. -- Stroke feature and management in dialysis patients / Iseki, K. -- Thrombolysis and hyperacute reperfusion therapy for stroke in renal patients / Hirano, T. -- Antiplatelet therapy for preventing stroke in patients with chronic kidney disease / Kim, S.J., Bang, O.Y.
- Braunwald's Heart disease. 8th ed. v. 1-2, 2008.Print Material
- Braunwald's Heart disease. Tenth edition [10th ed.] 2015, MD ConsultGlobal burden of cardiovascular disease -- Heart disease in varied populations -- Ethics in cardiovascular medicine -- Clinical decision making in cardiology -- Measurement and improvement of quality of care : relevance to cardiovascular clinical practice -- Critical evaluation of clinical trials -- Personalized and precision cardiovascular medicine -- Principles of cardiovascular genetics -- Drug therapeutics and personalized medicine -- Biomarkers, proteomics, metabolomics, and personalized medicine -- The history and physical examination : an evidence-based approach -- Electrocardiography -- Exercise testing -- Echocardiography -- The chest radiograph in cardiovascular disease -- Nuclear cardiology -- Cardiovascular magnetic resonance imaging -- Cardiac computed tomography -- Cardiac catheterization -- Coronary arteriography and intracoronary imaging -- Mechanisms of cardiac contraction and relaxation -- Pathophysiology of heart failure -- Clinical assessment of heart failure -- Diagnosis and management of acute heart failure -- Management of patients with heart failure with reduced ejection fraction -- Devices for monitoring and managing heart failure -- Heart failure with a preserved ejection fraction -- Surgical management of heart failure -- Mechanical circulatory support -- Cardiovascular regeneration and gene therapy -- Care of patients with end-stage heart disease -- Genetics of cardiac arrhythmias -- Genesis of cardiac arrhythmias : electrophysiologic considerations -- Diagnosis of cardiac arrhythmias -- Therapy for cardiac arrhythmias -- Pacemakers and implantable cardioverter-defibrillators -- Specific arrhythmias : diagnosis and treatment -- Atrial fibrillation : clinical features, mechanisms, and management -- Cardiac arrest and sudden cardiac death -- Hypotension and syncope -- The vascular biology of atherosclerosis -- Risk markers and the primary prevention of cardiovascular disease -- Systemic hypertension : mechanisms and diagnosis -- Systemic hypertension : management -- Lipoprotein disorders and cardiovascular disease -- Nutrition and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases -- Exercise-based, comprehensive cardiac rehabilitation -- Integrative approaches to the management of patients with heart disease -- Coronary blood flow and myocardial ischemia -- Approach to the patient with chest pain -- ST-elevation myocardial infarction : pathology, pathophysiology, and clinical features -- ST-elevation myocardial infarction : management --Non-ST elevation acute coronary syndromes -- Stable ischemic heart disease -- Percutaneous coronary intervention -- Transcatheter therapies for structural heart disease in adults -- Diseases of the aorta -- Peripheral artery diseases -- Prevention and management of ischemic stroke -- Treatment of noncoronary obstructive vascular disease -- Diabetes and the cardiovascular system -- Congenital heart disease -- Valvular heart disease -- Cardiovascular infections -- The dilated, restrictive, and infiltrative cardiomyopathies -- Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy -- Myocarditis -- Chemical cardiomyopathies -- Cardiovascular complications of cancer therapeutic agents -- Cardiovascular abnormalities in HIV-infected individuals -- Pericardial diseases -- Traumatic heart disease -- Pulmonary embolism -- Pulmonary hypertension -- Sleep apnea and cardiovascular disease -- Cardiovascular disease in the elderly -- Cardiovascular disease in women -- Pregnancy and heart disease -- Exercise and sports cardiology -- Anesthesia and noncardiac surgery in patients with heart disease -- Endocrine disorders and cardiovascular disease -- Hemostasis, thrombosis, fibrinolysis, and cardiovascular disease -- Rheumatic fever -- Rheumatic diseases and the cardiovascular system -- Tumors affecting the cardiovascular system -- Psychiatric and behavioral aspects of cardiovascular disease -- Neurologic disorders and cardiovascular disease -- Interface between renal disease and cardiovascular illness -- Cardiovascular manifestations of autonomic disorders.
- Cancer metastasis and the lymphovascular system 2007, Springer
- Cardiac lymphatic system 2013, SpringerAnatomy of the Cardiac Lymphatic System.A General Outline of the Cardiac Lymphatic System /Marios Loukas, Sameer Shah, Shivayogi Bhusnurmath, Bharti Shivayogi Bhusnurmath --Development and Patterning of the Cardiac Lymphatic Network /Jörg Wilting, Jörg Männer --The Cardiac Lymphatics and Heart Disease.The Link Between Lymphatic Obstruction and Congenital Heart Disease /Manish Bansal --The Role of Lymphatics in Atherogenesis, Myocardial Infarction, Congestive Heart Failure, and Cardiac Transplantation /Shin Lin, Stanley G. Rockson --The Lymphatics in Normal and Pathological Heart Valves /Ivana Kholová, Galina Dragneva, Seppo Ylä-Herttuala --Therapeutic Applications Targeting the Cardiac Lymphatics in Heart Disease /Jae-Hyeong Park, Jin-Ok Jeong --Imaging the Lymphatic System in Heart Transplantation and Its Immunological Implications /Kathryn Brown, Lindsey A. Edwards, Wilson Wong --Cardiac Lymphatic Signaling.Tie Receptor Signaling in Cardiac Lymphangiogenesis /Xianghu Qu, H. Scott Baldwin --VEGF Receptor Signaling in the Cardiac Lymphatics /Alexey Dashkevich, Karl B. Lemström, Antti I. Nykänen --Hypoxia and the Cardiac Lymphatic System /Todd R. Wuest, P. Charles Lin --The Potential of the Epicardium to Act as a Source of Lymphatic Cells /Linda Klotz, Paul Riley.
- Cardio-thoracic, vascular, renal and transplant surgery 2014, SpringerWritten by "internationally acclaimed" specialists, Cardio-Thoracic, Vascular, Renal and Transplant Surgery provides pertinent and concise procedure descriptions spanning benign and malignant problems and minimally invasive procedures. Complications are reviewed when appropriate for the organ system and problem, creating a book that is both comprehensive and accessible. Stages of operative approaches with relevant technical considerations are outlined in an easily understandable manner. Forming part of the series, Surgery: Complications, Risks and Consequences, this volume Cardio-Thoracic, Vascular, Renal and Transplant Surgery provides a valuable resource for all general surgeons and residents in training. Other healthcare providers will also find this a useful resource.
- Cardiology in family practice 2006, SpringerAcute coronary syndromes -- Arrhythmias -- Prevention of bacterial endocarditis -- Congestive heart failure -- Hyperlipidemia -- Hypertension -- Pericardial diseases -- Stable angina -- Valvular disease.
- Cardiorenal syndrome 2010, SpringerChronic kidney disease with a worldwide prevalence of 10% in the general population is emerging as a major public health priority. Renal dysfunction is associated with a high risk for cardiovascular complications. The relationship between renal insufficiency and cardiovascular disease, termed the cardiorenal syndrome exists whether impairment of renal function is a consequence of primary renal parenchymal disease or primary heart disease. This book provides a comprehensive update analysis of our current understanding of the cardiorenal syndrome including epidemiology pathophysiologic mechanism.
- Cardiovascular CT and MR imaging 2013, SpringerThe availability and diffusion of high-performance technologies has strengthened the role of CT angiography and MR angiography as simple, reliable techniques for the characterization and treatment planning of the principal diseases of the cardiovascular system, an understanding of which has become essential for all radiologists. The aim of this book is to provide concise but thorough information and guidance on the main methods and examination techniques used when performing high-quality CT angiography and MR angiography studies in a broad range of clinical settings. The lucid text is supported by a large number of case studies and is rich in advice on image interpretation and practical suggestions for the evaluation and reporting of the examinations. Importantly, a central feature is detailed comparison of the advantages and limitations of the two techniques in various diseases and vascular regions; the book will therefore enable both trainee and expert radiologists to understand their indications and to select the most appropriate technique in different contexts.
- Cardiovascular disease v. 1-2, 2006., Springer Protocolsv. 2, 2006 Springer Protocolsv. 1. Genetics -- v. 2. Molecular medicine.
- Cardiovascular disease in AIDS 2005, Springer
- Cardiovascular disease in AIDS. 2nd ed. 2009, Springer
- Cardiovascular disease in racial and ethnic minorities 2009, SpringerCardiovascular disease in racial/ethnic minorities: overview and perspectives -- Epidemiology of cardiovascular diseases and risk factors among racial/ethnic populations -- Unmasking racial/ethnic disparities in cardiovascular disease: nutritional, socioeconomic, cultural, and health-care-related contributions -- Race and genetics -- Race, genetics and cardiovascular disease -- Hypertension and stroke in racial/ethnic groups -- Dyslipidemia in racial/ethnic groups -- Novel & emerging risk factors in racial/ethnic groups -- Weight loss interventions to control blood pressure in an increasingly overweight, multi-ethnic society -- Obesity and the cardiometabolic syndrome: impact on chronic kidney disease and CVD -- Risk calculation and clustering within racial/ethnic groups -- Cardiovascular imaging in racial/ethinc populations: implications for the adequate application of cardiovascular imaging techniques guided by racial/ethnical risk factor variations -- Unique aspects of vascular and cardiac ultrasound in racial/ethnical groups -- Heart failure in racial/ethnic group -- Minority women and cardiovascular disease.
- Cardiovascular disease in the elderly 2005, SpringerAging of the heart and arteries : relevance to cardiovascular disease / Samer S. Najjar and Edward G. Lakatta -- Frailty : keystone in the bridge between geriatrics and cardiology / William Russell Hazzard -- Cardiovascular risk factors in the elderly : evaluation and intervention / Susan J. Zieman and Beth R. Malasky -- Stable coronary artery disease in the elderly / Beth R. Malasky and Joseph S. Alpert -- Age and mortality and morbidity in ST-segment elevation myocardial infarction / Steven P. Schulman and Gary Gerstenblith -- Unstable angina/non-ST-elevation myocardial infarction in the elderly / Stephen D. Wiviott and Christopher P. Cannon -- Percutaneous coronary intervention in the elderly / Michael J. McWilliams and Eric J. Topol -- Cardiac surgery in the elderly / David D. Yuh and William A. Baumgartner -- Heart failure in the elderly / Michael W. Rich -- Valvular heart disease in the elderly / Milind Y. Desai and Gary Gerstenblith -- Arrhythmia management in the elderly / Jonathan P. Piccini and Hugh Calkins -- Peripheral arterial disease in the elderly / Emile R. Mohler III and William R. Hiatt -- Cardiac rehabilitation in older cardiac patients / Philip A. Ades -- Clinical pharmacology / Janice B. Schwartz -- Medical treatment of the cardiac patient approaching the end of life / Lofty L. Basta, W. Daniel Doty, and Michael D.D. Geldart.
- Cardiovascular English 2008, Springer
- Cardiovascular genomics 2005, SpringerAngiotensin II receptor polymorphisms and hypertension / Bruno Baudin -- Angiotensinogen gene polymorphisms and hypertension / Ashok Kumar -- Substitution mapping: using congenic strains to detect genes controlling blood pressure / Bina Joe and Michael R. Garrett -- Local production of angiotensinogen: insights from genetic manipulation of mice / Kamal Rahmouni and Curt D. Sigmund -- Cardiovascular pharmacogenomics / Julie A. Johnson and Larisa H. Cavallari -- Genetic polymorphisms and responses to HMG-CoA, reductase inhibitors / Anke-Hilse Maitland-van der Zee, Olaf H. Klungel, and Anthonius de Boer -- Monogenic causes of heart failure: familial dilated cardiomyopathy / Hideko Kasahara -- Gene therapy vs. pharmacotherapy / Ryuichi Morishita -- Molecular therapeutic approaches for myocardial protection / Alok S. Pachori, Luis G. Melo, and Victor J. Dzau -- Gene transfer and the cardiovascular system / William H. Miller ... [et al.] -- Kallikrein gene transfer in hypertension, cardiovascular and renal disease, and stroke / Julie Chao and Lee Chao -- Current and future novel targets of gene therapy for hypertension / Michael J. Katovich, Justin L. Grobe, and Mohan K. Raizada -- Application of viral gene transfer in studies of neurogenic hypertension / Sergey Kasparov, A.G. Teschemacher, and Julian F.R. Paton -- Vigilant vectors: intelligent gene vectors for cardioprotection in myocardial ischemia / M. Ian Phillips and Yi Tang -- Gene therapy for cerebral arterial diseases / Yoshimasa Watanabe and Donald D. Heistad -- Therapeutic angiogenesis and vasculogenesis for tissue regeneration / Paolo Madeddu -- Cell transplantation: the new frontier / Shafie Fazel ... [et al.] -- Embryonic stem cells and the cardiovascular system / Neta Lavon and Nissim Benvenisty.
- Cardiovascular hemodynamics 2013, SpringerA basic understanding of cardiovascular physiology is essential for optimal patient care. This practical book provides a concise tutorial of all the essential aspects of cardiovascular hemodynamics and the techniques used to assess cardiovascular performance. A high-yield reference, this book is replete with figures, tracings, tables, and clinical pearls that reinforce the basic tenets of hemodynamics. From identifying key findings of the patient history and physical exam to correlating hemodynamic tracings with acute clinical presentations, this book arms the reader with the tools necessary to handle any hemodynamic-related situation.
- Cardiovascular magnetic resonance imaging 2007, Springer
- Cardiovascular medicine. 3rd ed. 2007, Springer
- Cardiovascular MR manual 2011, SpringerWhat's inside the magnet and why? -- The MRI environment -- Protons and spins: the origin of the MRI signal -- Generating a signal: RF pulses and echoes -- Relaxation times, gradient echoes, and spin echoes -- Making an image: locating and encoding signals in space -- Image space and k-space -- Imaging parameters and image attributes -- Improving SNR with surface coils and array coils -- Pulse sequences and image contrast -- Gradient echo versus spin echo -- Black blood versus bright blood imaging -- Dealing with cardiac motion: how do we image the beating heart? -- Dealing with respiratory motion -- Fast imaging: how do we speed up the image acquisition? -- Special pulse sequences for cardiac imaging -- Common artifacts -- The basics of a CMR study -- Components of CMR protocols -- Anatomy of CMR -- The CMR report -- Diseases of the aorta -- Cardiomyopathies -- Pericardial disease -- Cardiac masses -- Valvular heart disease -- Ischemic heart disease -- Basic adult congenital heart disease (ACHD) -- Pulmonary vein assessment -- Interventional cardiovascular magnetic resonance imaging.
- Cardiovascular MRI in congenital heart disease 2010, Springer
- Cardiovascular pediatric critical illness and injury 2009, Springer
- Cardiovascular research 2006, Springer
- Cardiovascular surgery 2007 2008, HighWire
- Cardiovascular system 2002, Cold Spring Harb Lab PressDevelopment of the cardiovascular system -- Transcription factors in cardiovascular development -- Vascular biology -- Tumor angiogenesis -- Genetics and genomics of the cardiovascular system -- Regulation of the heart -- Heart disease and failure -- Hypertension, atherosclerosis, and lipid homeostasis -- Repairing the cardiovascular system -- Author index -- Subject index.
- Carotid artery stenting 2009, Springer
- Catheter-based cardiovascular interventions 2013, SpringerOperator skills, and in particular decision-making and strategic skills, are the most critical factor for the outcome of catheter-based cardiovascular interventions. Currently, such skills are commonly developed by the empirical trial and error method only. In this textbook, for the first time, an explicit teaching, training, and learning approach is set out that will enable interventional operators, whether cardiologists, vascular surgeons, vascular specialists, or radiologists, to learn about and to develop the cognitive skills required in order to achieve consistent expert-level catheter-based interventions. It is anticipated that adoption of this approach will allow catheter-based interventions to become a domain of excellence, with rapid transfer of knowledge, steep learning curves, and highly efficient acquisition of complex skills by individual operators -- all of which are essential if we are to meet successfully the challenges of modern cardiovascular care embedded in highly competitive health care markets.
- Cell signaling in vascular inflammation 2005, SpringerHeme oxygenase-1 and carbon monoxide in vascular regulation / Stefan W. Ryter and Augustine M.K. Choi -- Tumor necrosis factor-[alpha]/receptor signaling through the Akt kinase / Osman Nidai Ozes ... [et al.] -- Protein modifications by nitric oxide and reactive nitrogen species / Harry Ischiropoulos -- Redox signaling in hypoxic pulmonary vasoconstriction / E. Kenneth Weir ... [et al.] -- cGMP-dependent protein kinase in regulation of the perinatal pulmonary circulation / Usha Raj ... [et al.] -- Glutamate receptor activation in the pathogenesis of acute leg injury / Sami I. Said -- Carboxyl methylation of small GTPases and endothelial cell function / Sharon Rounds, Elizabeth O. Harrington, and Qing Lu -- Pressure-induced inflammatory signaling in lung endothelial cells / Wolfgang M. Kuebler -- Regulation of endothelial barrier function: contributions of the transcellular and paracellular pathways / Dolly Mehta, Richard D. Minshall, and Asrar B. Malik -- Sphingolipid signaling: implications for vascular biology / Margaret M. Harnett -- Regulations of cytokine signaling / Bao Q. Vuong ... [et al.] -- Cell signaling by vasoactive agents / Barry L. Fanburg ... [et al.] -- Reactive oxygen species and cell signaling in lung ischemia / Aron B. Fisher --Pulmonary vascular barrier regulation by thrombin and Edg receptors / Jeffrey R. Jacobson and Joe G.N. Garcia -- Second-messenger signaling in lung capillaries / Kaushik Parthasarathi -- Plasma membrane-to-nucleus calcium signaling / Giles E. Hardingham -- Signaling by mitochondria / Navdeep S. Chandel -- Pro-inflammatory signaling by endothelial focal complexes in lung / Sunita Bhattacharya -- Hydrogen peroxide as intracellular messenger: production, target, and elimination / Sue Goo Rhee ... [et al.] -- Calcium-inhibited adenylyl cyclase (AC6) controls endothelial cell barrier function / Troy Stevens.
- Cell transplantation for myocardial repair 2006, HighWire
- Cerebral angiography. Second edition. [2nd ed.] 2014, SpringerThis revised and enlarged edition of Cerebral Angiography, which includes new angiographic studies and illustrative drawings, offers detailed guidance on diagnostic use of the procedure. The first part of the book describes the normal anatomy of the cerebral arteries and veins, with attention to morphological aspect, embryological development, function, and vascular territories. The intraorbital and extracranial vascularization is also considered. The reader will gain a sound knowledge of normal vascular anatomy and its variations that will serve as a basis for the correct interpretation of pathological processes and their clinical significance, as covered in the second part of the book. Among the pathologies considered are vascular abnormalities, including angiomas, fistulas and aneurysms; atherosclerotic and non-atherosclerotic stenosis and occlusion of the cerebral vessels; venous thrombosis; intraorbital and extracranial vascular malformations. Pathogenesis, morphological and dynamic aspects, responsible for clinical symptoms and influencing the therapy are described. While the emphasis throughout is on the diagnostic value of cerebral angiography, many examples of endovascular treatment in different pathological situations are also presented, with discussion of indications, risks and results.
- Cerebral vasospasm 2013, SpringerThe book contains 48 articles presented at the 11th International Conference on Cerebral Vasospasm held in Cincinnati, Ohio, USA, in July 2011. This collection of papers represents a cross-section of the enormous progress that has been made towards a thorough understanding and effective treatment of neurovascular events following aneurysmal subarachnoid hemorrhage, including cerebral vasospasm. It is of interest to clinicians who wish to apply state-of-the-art knowledge to their management of this devastating condition and to basic scientists wishing to expand their understanding of cerebrovascular and neural pathophysiology related to subarachnoid hemorrhage.
- Cerebral vasospasm 2008, Springer
- Changing aspects in stroke surgery 2008, Springer
- Clinical cardiac MRI 2012, Springer[1.] Cardiac MRI Physics / Vivek Muthurangu and Steven Dymarkowski -- [2.] MR Contrast Agents for Cardiac Imaging / Yicheng Ni -- [3.] Practical Set-Up / S. Dymarkowski -- [4.] Cardiac Anatomy / J. Bogaert and A. M. Taylor -- [5.] Cardiovascular MR Imaging Planes and Segmentation / A. M. Taylor and J. Bogaert -- [6.] Cardiac Function / J. Bogaert -- [7.] Myocardial Perfusion / J. Bogaert and K. Goetschalckx -- [8.] Ischemic Heart Disease / J. Bogaert and S. Dymarkowski --  Heart Muscle Diseases / J. Bogaert and A. M. Taylor -- [10.] Pulmonary Hypertension / Shahin Moledina and Vivek Muthurangu -- [11.] Heart Failure and Heart Transplantation / S. Dymarkowski and J. Bogaert -- [12.] Pericardial Disease / J. Bogaert and A. M. Taylor -- [13.] Cardiac Masses / J. Bogaert and S. Dymarkowski -- [14.] Valvular Heart Disease / Andrew M. Taylor, Steven Dymarkowski, and Jan Bogaert -- [15.] Coronary Artery Diseases / S. Dymarkowski, J. Bogaert, and A. M. Taylor -- [16.] Congenital Heart Disease / Marina L. Hughes, Vivek Muthurangu, and Andrew M. Taylor -- [17.] Imaging of Great Vessels / Oliver R. Tann, Jan Bogaert, Andrew M. Taylor, and Vivek Muthurangu -- [18.] MR Guided Cardiac Catheterization / Vivek Muthurangu and Andrew M. Taylor -- [19.] Cardiovascular Modeling / Giovanni Biglino, Silvia Schievano, Vivek Muthurangu, and Andrew Taylor -- [20.] General Conclusions / J. Bogaert, S. Dymarkowski, A. M. Taylor, and V. Muthurangu.
- Through case presentations and a question and answer format, Clinical Decisions in Nephrology, Hypertension and Renal Transplantation provides a state of the art, updated reference for the optimal management of patients with diseases of the kidneys, and hypertension. This volume starts with the assessment of the patient, focusing on history and physical examination. Subsequently, cases depicting various clinical syndromes and/or diseases are presented, with questions centering on the appropriate diagnostic and treatment strategy. This sets the stage for a 'Socratic approach' to learning between the attending physician and the house staff or medical student.This is the only book featuring problem-oriented true to life clinical cases in this format to cover nephrology, hypertension and kidney transplantation. Written by renowned actively practicing clinicians, this unique reference is both comprehensive and concise and will be of great value to hospitalists and internists, as well as students, and interns/residents rotating in nephrology and internal medicine. Clinical practitioners, in the fields of critical care and hypertension specialists would also find this of value.
- Clinical review of vascular trauma 2014, SpringerCare of the vascular trauma patient is a unique undertaking that requires a cohesive, multidisciplinary approach from all the surgical subspecialties to be successful. This is the first textbook of its kind to bring together all prominent management strategies from each of the surgical subspecialties, creating a unified voice on the management of the vascular trauma patient.? The purpose of the book is to serve as a practical surgical reference for the diagnosis and management of traumatic vascular injuries. Management of common vascular injuries is examined from a general, trauma, vascular, orthopaedic, plastics, cardiothoracic, and neurosurgical perspective by respected experts from each of these fields. Each section has been edited by specialists in the other relevant disciplines to ensure that every chapter represents an evidence-based assessment of all of the surgical subspecialties. Some essential topics include ideal choices of incision, endovascular versus open surgery, and the order in which to repair complex orthopedic and vascular injuries. Supplementing the clear and concise text are dozens of surgical photographs, illustrations, tables, and charts that assist in conveying complex concepts in vascular trauma management. Insights from the multidisciplinary panel of authors and editors help to simplify complex decision-making and streamline the overall care for critically ill patients. The Clinical Review of Vascular Trauma will be essential reading for any healthcare professional involved in care of the trauma patient.
- Clinician's manual. 3rd ed. 2011, Springer
- Collateral circulation of the heart 2009, Springer
- Combination therapy in hypertension 2011, SpringerFor over 30 years, the stepped care approach has been used in the management and treatment of hypertension. This approach advocates the use of initial monotherapy to reach the desired blood pressure, and the subsequent use of additional drugs with complementary modes of action, until the target BP is achieved. However, current control rates for hypertension suggest that such an approach may be outdated and no longer effective in the management of hypertension. Clinical trials have shown that more than 50% of patients require a combination of drug therapies to achieve their target BP. Some proponents of combination therapy have argued that the risk of adverse side effects and non-compliance will be lower than that compared to monotherapy, which initially requires higher doses to be administered to be effective. Consequently, there have been increasing calls of the necessity for a much more combined approach in the treatment of hypertension. Adding to this, Combination Therapy in Hypertension will cover current control rates of blood pressure worldwide, the benefits of monotherapy and combination therapy, examine the effectiveness, risk of adverse effects, compliance, and cost of the available therapies and will also include information on relevant outcome studies.
- Complications in vascular surgery. 2nd ed., rev. & expanded. 2004, CRCnetBASE
- Continuum of coronary artery disease 2002, HighWire
- Coronary microvascular dysfunction 2014, SpringerIn the past two decades a number of studies have shown that abnormalities in the function and structure of coronary microcirculation can be detected in several cardiovascular diseases. On the basis of the clinical setting in which it occurs, coronary microvascular dysfunction (CMD) can be classified into four types: CMD in the absence of any other cardiac disease; CMD in myocardial diseases; CMD in obstructive epicardial coronary artery disease; and iatrogenic CMD. In some instances CMD represents an epiphenomenon, whereas in others it represents an important marker of risk or may contribute to the pathogenesis of myocardial ischemia, becoming a possible therapeutic target. This book provides an update on coronary physiology and a systematic assessment of microvascular abnormalities in cardiovascular diseases, in the hope that it will assist clinicians in prevention, detection, and management of CMD in their everyday activity.
- Coronary vasculature 2013, SpringerGeneral concepts of blood vessel formation and remodeling -- Prenatal coronary Morphogenesis -- Postnatal coronary morphogenesis and growth -- Sturcture function of the coronary hierarchy -- Historical perspectives -- Coronary anomalies -- Aging -- Adaptations to exercise training -- Hypoxia -- Myocardial ischemia and infarction -- Cardiac hypertrophy -- Therapy for the coronary circulation.
- Goals, design, and implementation of critical pathways in cardiovascular medicine /Christopher P. Cannon and Patrick O'Gara --Part I. --Prehospital critical pathways --Prehospital fibrinolysis /Freek W.A. Verheught --Regional transfer programs for primary PCI /David M. Larson and Timothy D. Henry --Public access defibrillation /Joseph P. Ornato --Part II. --Critical pathways in the emergency department --Non-ST elevation ACS in the emergency department /Richard J. Ryan, Christopher P. Cannon, and W. Brian Gibler --Thrombolysis for ST-elevation mi in the emergency department /Joshua M. Kosowsky --Heart failure in the emergency department /W. Frank Peacock --Atrial fibrillation in the emergency department /Ray Bahr --Stroke and TIA /Lee Schwamm --The Role of exercise testing in chest pain units: evolution, application, results /Ezra A. Amsterdam, Deborah B. Diercks, and Samuel D. Turnipseed --Part III --Critical pathways in the hospital --Critical pathway for non-ST elevation ACS /Christopher P. Cannon and Patrick T. O'Gara --Primary PCI /Amr E. Abbas and Cindy L. Grines --Primary PCI at community hospitals without on-site cardiac surgery /Nancy Sinclair and Thomas P. Wharton, Jr. --Approach to the patient with complicated myocardial infarction /Richard C. Becker --Cardiac catheterization and percuraneous coronary intervention /Jeffrey J. Popma --Pathways for coronary artery bypass surgery /Rashid M. Ahmad, Frances Wadlington, Tiffany Street, James P. Greelish, Jorge M. Balaguer, and John G. Byrne --Acute aortic syndromes /Piotr Sobieszcyk and Patrick O'Gara --Intensive management of hyperglycemia in ACS /Vera T. Fajtova --Management of atrial fibrillation and atrial flutter /Eyal Herzog and Jonathan S. Steinberg --Heart failure /Greg Fonarow --Device therapy in patients with heart failure /Peter J. Zimetbaum and Eli V. Gelfand --Venous thromboembolism /Samuel Z. Goldhaber --Part IV. --Critical pathways in the outpatient setting /--Hyperlipidemia /Frederick F. Samaha and Daniel J. Rader --Diabetes and metabolic syndrome /Emily Deborah Szmuilowicz and Merri Pendergrass --Hypertension /Michael A. Weber --Smoking cessation /Beth C. Bock --Secondary prevention overview /Sidney Smith --Overview of the AHA "get with the guidelines" programs /Yuling Hong, Kenneth A. LaBresh --Cardiac rehabilitation in the post myocardial infarction patient /Daniel E. Forman.
- CT and MR angiography 2009, OvidPrinciples of computed tomographic angiography -- Principles of magnetic resonance angiography -- Conventional angiography in the noninvasive era -- Contrast medium administration in computed tomographic angiography -- Contrast medium administration in magnetic resonance angiography -- Postprocessing and data analysis -- Atherosclerosis : epidemiology and pathology -- Atherosclerosis : in vivo characterization -- Thromboembolism -- Vasculitides and connective tissue disorders -- Cerebral arteries and veins -- Cervical vasculature -- Quantifying coronary artery calcium -- Coronary arteries -- Thoracic vascular anomalies -- Pulmonary vasculature -- Thoracic aorta -- Abdominal aorta -- Mesenteric vasculature -- Renal vasculature -- Lower extremities vasculature -- Upper extremities vasculature -- Pediatric techniques and vascular anomalies -- Venous system.
- CT evaluation of coronary artery disease 2009, Springer
- Diabetes and hypertension 2012, SpringerDiabetes and hypertension have evolved as two of the modern day epidemics affecting millions of people around the world. These two common co-morbidities lead to substantial increase in cardiovascular disease, the major cause of morbidity and mortality of adults around the world. In Diabetes and Hypertension: Evaluation and Management, a panel of renowned experts address a range of critical topics -- from basic concepts in evaluation and management of diabetes and hypertension, such as dietary interventions, to evaluation and management of secondary hypertension in clinical practice. Other chapters focus on high cardiovascular risk populations such as those with coronary heart disease, chronic kidney disease and minority patients. In addition, evolving concepts and new developments in the field are presented in other chapters, such as prevention of type 2 diabetes and the epidemic of sleep apnea and its implication for diabetes and hypertension evaluation and management. An important title covering two of the most troubling disorders of our time, Diabetes and Hypertension: Evaluation and Management will provide the busy practitioner with cutting edge knowledge in the field as well as practical information that can translate into better care provided to the high-risk population of diabetics and hypertensive patients.
- Diabetes and peripheral vascular disease 2012, SpringerIn Diabetes and Peripheral Vascular Disease, a panel of distinguished leaders in the field of medicine, podiatry, and vascular and endovascular therapy assimilate the latest literature on these issues and others for an in-depth review of the management of peripheral vascular disease. Providing an overview of the management of diabetes and diabetic foot changes as well as providing a view of cutting-edge and emerging topics in optimization of arterial status, this important title addresses pathophysiology, anatomy, diagnosis and management of diabetic peripheral vascular disease, emphasizing a multi-disciplinary approach. The first chapter of the book provides an overview of this complex disease process and discusses the teamwork required for optimal management. The chapters continue with the basic pathophysiology of diabetic atherosclerosis and a contemporary review of the management of diabetes. The genesis of diabetic foot ulceration and prevention and management strategies is covered, as is the effects of neuropathy and microvascular changes in the diabetic foot. In addition, Diabetes and Peripheral Vascular Disease covers the microbiology of diabetic foot infections, the role of endovascular interventions and vascular surgery as well as the management of the complications of these procedures, the process of amputation for those patients who have progressed beyond a limb salvage situation, and the effects of diabetes on the cerebrovascular system as well as its implications in patients with aortoiliac disease. An invaluable addition to the literature on diabetes and peripheral vascular disease, the book will be of great interest internists, family practitioners, surgeons, podiatrists, wound care specialists, and vascular specialists. Students, residents, and fellows in surgical and medical specialties should also find this book of significant value and interest.
- Endovascular repair of dialysis fistulas and grafts: strengths and weaknesses --Role of the nephrologist, interventional radiologist, and vascular access in the treatment of end-Stage renal disease --Access creation strategy --Natural history of vascular access --Radiological anatomy and preoperative imaging of upper limb vessels --Indications and imaging modalities in dialysis access --Psychological and clinical issues --Patient preparation prior to angiography and endovascular interventions --Angiography (Fistulography) --Dilation and stent placement --Hand ischemia --Treatment of thrombosed accesses --Therapeutic occlusion of dysfunctional accesses --Complications during and after vascular access endovascular procedures --Vascular access intervention outcomes.
- Dietary proteins and atherosclerosis 2004, CRCnetBASE
- Drug-eluting stents 2012, Future MedDrug-eluting stents / Imad Sheiban & Fabrizio D'Ascenzo -- Drug-eluting stents : overview and indications / Fabrizio D'Ascenzo & Imad Sheiban -- Coronary artery stents : approved first-generation drug-eluting stents / Jason R. Foerst, Frank Gruenheck, Malte Kelm & Marc Vorpahl -- Approved drug-eluting stents : second generation / Giampaolo Niccoli & Gregory A. Sgueglia -- Drug-eluting stents in development / Joanne Shannon & Azeem Latib -- Current guidelines for the use of drug-eluting stents / Gill Louise Buchanan & Alaide Chieffo -- Index.
- EDHF 2006, CRCnetBASE
- Embolisation 2012, Springer
- Embolization 2014, SpringerInnovations in catheterization techniques and embolization agents have considerably contributed to the development of endovascular occlusion techniques in arterial and venous trunks as much as distal parenchymal capillar beds. Mini invasive therapies, endovascular embolization and chemo-embolization now constitute valuable therapeutic alternatives in various fields: on a purely palliative or on a curative basis in oncology, but also in traumatology, functional diseases, and for the treatment of benign tumors, or when dealing with post-operative complications. As in-depth and detailed descriptions of these techniques are all ready available in specialized books, our ambition is to provide a basic handbook for the young vascular radiologists in training and a checklist for the more experienced interventional radiologists, by providing for each of the constantly increasing indications a synthetic approach of the technique and its expected results. The first part of this book relates to the tool box (the materials) and the procedure techniques as well as the physiopathological requirements for carrying out embolization; the second part is an analytical description of the main situations and anatomo-clinical strategies. This handy book should to be a valuable memory aid for clinicians and interventional radiologists, readily available in the multidisciplinary staff rooms and in angiography suites.
- Emergency vascular surgery 2007, Springer
- Encyclopedia of heart diseases 2006, ScienceDirectAging and the heart -- Alcohol and the heart -- Altitude and pulmonary edema -- Anatomy of the heart and circulation -- Anderson-Fabry disease -- Anemia and the heart -- Aneurysm -- Angina -- Angioplasty/coronary balloon -- Angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitors/angiotensin receptor blockers -- Antihistamines -- Antioxidants -- Antiphospholipid antibody syndrome -- Antiplatelet agents -- Arginine and the heart -- Arrhythmias/palpitations -- Arteriosclerosis -- Artificial heart -- Aspirin for heart disease -- Atherosclerosis/atheroma -- Athletes and sudden cardiac death -- Atrial fibrillation -- Atrial septal defect -- B-type natriuretic peptide -- Beriberi heart disease -- Beta-blockers -- Blood clots -- Blood pressure -- Brugada syndrome -- Bundle branch block -- Caffeine and the heart -- Calcium antagonists -- Carcinoid heart disease -- Cardiogenic shock -- Cardiomyopathy -- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) -- Chagas disease -- Chelation and heart disease -- Chemotherapy-induced heart disease -- Cholesterol -- Coenzyme Q10 -- Congenital heart disease -- Contraception and cardiovascular disease -- Coronary artery bypass surgery -- C-reactive protein and the heart -- Cytochrome P-450 -- Deep vein thrombosis -- Depression and the heart -- Diabetes and cardiovascular disease -- Diets and heart disease -- Diuretics -- Down syndrome -- Dyslipidemia -- Echocardiography -- Effects of smoking and heart disease -- Electrocardiography -- Embryology -- Endocarditis -- Endocrine disorders and the heart -- Erectile dysfunction and the heart -- Exercise and the heart -- Gene therapy -- Heart attacks -- Heart failure -- Hemochromatosis -- Herbal, dietary supplements, and cardiovascular disease -- HIV and the heart -- Homocysteine and cardiovascular disease -- Hypertension -- Hypertrophy of the heart -- Kawasaki heart disease -- Miscellaneous disorders -- Murmurs and heart disease -- Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs -- Obesity and heart disease -- Pacemakers -- Patent foramen ovale -- Pericarditis and myocarditis -- Pulmonary arterial hypertension -- Pulmonary embolism -- Race and cardiovascular disease -- Sleep and the heart -- Stents -- Stress and heart disease -- Stroke/cerebrovascular accident -- Syncope -- Tests for heart diseases -- Thyroid heart disease -- Valve diseases -- Ventricular fibrillation -- Women and heart disease.
- Endovascular aneurysm repair 2005, Springer
- Endovascular interventions 2014, SpringerPart I: Basic MRI Principles.- A Brief History of Magnetic Resonance Imaging -- Fundamentals of Magnetic Resonance Imaging -- The Relaxation Concept in MRI -- MRI Pulse Sequences -- MR Imaging Parameters and Options -- Part II: MR Safety, Patient Positioning, Protocol Design, Graphical Prescription and MR Applications for Anatomical Regions.- Introduction to Safe Clinical Scanning -- Central Nervous System: MRI Protocols, Imaging Parameters and Graphical Prescriptions -- Musculoskeletal Imaging: MRI Protocols, Imaging Parameters and Graphical Prescriptions -- Body Imaging: MRI Protocols, Imaging Parameters and Graphical Prescriptions -- Cardiovascular Imaging: MRI Protocols, Imaging Parameters and Graphical Prescriptions -- Breast Imaging: MRI Protocols, Imaging Parameters and Graphical Prescriptions.
- Enemies of the myocytes 2002, HighWire
- Enemies to the vessel wall 2002, HighWire
- ESC guidelines desk reference. Ed. 2011. 2011, SpringerCardiovascular Disease Prevention in Clinical Practice 2007 Fourth Joint European Societies' Task Force on Cardiovascular Disease Prevention in Clinical Practice -- -- Arterial Hypertension 2007 ESH-ESC Task Force on the Management of Arterial Hypertension of the European Society of Hypertension (ESH) and of the European Society of Cardiology (ESC) -- Diabetes, Pre-diabetes and Cardiovascular Diseases 2007 The Task Force on Diabetes and Cardiovascular Diseases of the European Society of Cardiology (ESC) and of the European Association for the Study of Diabetes (EASD) -- Non-ST-segment Elevation Acute Coronary Syndromes 2007 The Task Force for the Diagnosis and Treatment of Non-ST-Segment Elevation Acute Coronary Syndromes of the European Society of Cardiology -- AMI in Patients Presenting with Persistent ST-Segment Elevation 2008 The Task Force on the Management of ST-Segment Elevation Acute Myocardial Infarction of the European Society of Cardiology -- Stable Angina Pectoris 2006 The Task Force on the Management of Stable Angina Pectoris of the European Society of Cardiology -- Myocardial Revascularisation 2011 Joint Task Force on Myocardial Revascularisation of the European Society of Cardiology (ESC) and the European Association of Cardio-Thoracic Surgery (EACTS). Developed with the special contribution of the European Association for Percutaneous Cardiovascular Interventions (EAPCI) -- Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy 2003 The Task Force on Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy of the American College of Cardiology Foundation and the European Society of Cardiology Committee for Practice Guidelines -- Pericardial Diseases 2004 The Task Force on the Diagnosis and Management of Pericardial Disease of the European Society of Cardiology -- Grown-up congenital heart disease 2011 The Task Force on the Management of Grown-up Congenital Heart Disease of the European Society of Cardiology (ESC). Endorsed by Association for European Paediatric Cardiology (AEPC) -- Neonatal Electrocardiogram 2002 The Task Force for the interpretation of the Neonatal Electrocardiogram of the European Society of Cardiology -- Cardiovascular Disease during Pregnancy 2003 The Task Force on the Management of Cardiovascular Diseases during Pregnancy of the European Society of Cardiology -- Valvular Heart Disease 2007 The Task Force on the Management of Valvular Heart Disease of the European Society of Cardiology -- Infective Endocarditis 2009 The Task Force on the Prevention, Diagnosis and Treatment of Infective Endocarditis of the European Society of Cardiology (ESC), endorsed by the European Society of Clinical Microbiology, Infectious Diseases (ESCMID) and by the International Society of Chemotherapy (ISC) for Infection and Cancer -- Pulmonary Hypertension 2009 The Task Force for the Diagnosis and Treatment of Pulmonary Hypertension of the European Society of Cardiology (ESC) and the European Respiratory Society (ERS), endorsed by the International Society of Heart and Lung Transplantation (ISHLT) and by the Association for European Paediatric Cardiology (AEPC) -- Supraventricular Arrhythmias (SVA) 2003 A Report of the American College of Cardiology/American Heart Association Task Force on Practice Guidelines and the European Society of Cardiology Committee for Practice Guidelines (Writing Committee to Develop Guidelines for the Management of Patients with Supraventricular Arrhythmias) -- Atrial Fibrillation 2010 The Task Force for the Management of Patients with Atrial Fibrillation (2010 Version) of the European Society of Cardiology (ESC) Developed with the special contribution of the European Heart Rhythm Association Endorsed by the European Association for Cardio-Thoracic Surgery (EACTS) -- Syncope 2009 The Task Force for the Diagnosis and Treatment of Syncope of the European Society of Cardiology (ESC) Developed in collaboration with the European Heart Rhythm Association (EHRA)¹, the Heart Failure Association (HFA)² and the Heart Rhythm Society (HRS)³ Endorsed by the following societies: European Society of Emergency Medicine (EuSEM)⁴, European Federation of Internal Medicine (EFIM)⁵, European Union Geriatric Medicine Society (EUGMS)⁶, American Geriatrics Society (AGS), European Neurological Society (ENS)⁷, American Autonomic Society (AAS)⁸, European Federation of Autonomic Societies (EFAS)⁹ -- Ventricular Arrhythmias and the Prevention of Sudden Cardiac Death 2006 A Report of the American College of Cardiology/American Heart Association Task Force and the European Society of Cardiology Committee for Practice Guidelines (Writing Committee to Develop Guidelines for the Management of Patients With Ventricular Arrhythmias and the Prevention of Sudden Cardiac Death) Developed in Collaboration With the European Heart Rhythm Association and the Heart Rhythm Society -- Cardiac Pacing and Cardiac Resynchronization Therapy 2007 ESC Task Force on Cardiac Pacing and Cardiac Resynchronization Therapy Developed in collaboration with the European Heart Rhythm Association -- Universal Definition of Myocardial Infarction 2007 The joint ESC-ACCF-AHA-WHF Task Force for the Redefinition of Myocardial Infarction -- Acute and Chronic Heart Failure 2008 The Task Force on Heart Failure of the European Society of Cardiology (ESC) Developed in collaboration with the Heart Failure Association of the ESC (HFA) -- Device Therapy in Heart Failure 2011 The Task Force for an update of the 2008 ESC Guidelines for the diagnosis and treatment of acute and chronic heart failure and the 2007 ESC Guidelines for cardiac resynchronization therapy. Developed with the special contribution of the Heart Failure Association (HFA) and the European Heart Rhythm Association (EHRA) of the ESC -- Preoperative Cardiac Risk Assessment and Perioperative Cardiac Management in Non-Cardiac Surgery 2009 The Task Force for Preoperative Cardiac Risk Assessment and Perioperative Cardiac Management in Non-Cardiac Surgery of the European Society of Cardiology (ESC), endorsed by the European Society of Anaesthesiology (ESA).
- Essential guide to blood coagulation. 2nd ed. 2013, WileySchematic presentation of the hemostatic system / Nils Egberg -- Proposals for sampling instructions / Margareta Blombäck and Nils Egberg -- Laboratory investigations / Jovan P. Antovic, Liselotte Onelöv, and Nils Egberg -- Hereditary bleeding disorders / Margareta Holmström and Lars-Göran Lundberg -- Critical bleeding / Maria Bruzelius, Anna Ågren, and Hans Johnsson -- Investigation of increased bleeding tendency / Margareta Holmström and Lars Göran Lundberg -- Venous thrombosis and pulmonary embolism / Anders Carlsson -- Investigations of thromboembolic tendency / Margareta Holmström -- Heart disease / Håkan Wallen and Rickard Linder -- Antiplatelet drug therapy and reversal of its effects / Håkan Wallen, Hans Johnsson, and Bo-Michael Bellander -- New oral anticoagulants : focus on currently approved oral factor Xa and thombin inhibitors / Rickard E. Malmström and Hans Johnsson -- Stroke and transient ischemic attack / Nils Wahlgren and Mia von Euler -- Peripheral artery surgery / Jesper Swedenborg -- Hemostasis in obstetrics and gynecology / Katarina Bremme -- Hemostasis in children / Susanna Ranta and Pia Petrini -- Emergency conditions associated with coagulation : DIC, HIT, and TTP/HUS / Jovan P. Antovic and Margareta Holmström.
- European Atrial Fibrillation Consensus Conference 2003, HighWire
- Evidence and perspectives on n-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids in cardiovascular disease 2001, HighWire
- Gender and recovery from coronary artery bypass surgery 2009, Springer
- Genes and cardiovascular function 2011, Springerpt. 1. Genes and the heart -- pt. 2. Development and gender -- pt. 3. Mitochondrial diseases -- pt. 4. Ischemic heart disease -- pt. 5. Hypertension and arrhythmias -- pt. 6. Hypertrophy and failure.
- Genetic cardiomyopathies 2013, Springer
- Guide to peripheral and cerebrovascular intervention 2004, NCBI Bookshelf
- Fully revised and updated, the Handbook serves as a practical guide to endovascular methods and as a concise reference for neurovascular anatomy and published data about cerebrovascular disease from a neurointerventionalist's perspective. Divided into three parts, the book covers:* Fundamentals of neurovascular anatomy and basic angiographic techniques; * Interventional Techniques and endovascular methods, along with useful device information and tips and tricks for daily practice; * Specific Disease States, with essential clinical information about commonly encountered conditions.New features in the 2nd Edition include:* Global Gems that illuminate aspects of the field outside the United States;* Angio-anatomic and angio-pathologic image correlates;* Newly released clinical study results influencing neurointerventional practice;* Information on emerging technologies in this rapidly advancing field.The Handbook is a vital resource for all clinicians involved in neurointerventional practice, including radiologists, neurosurgeons, neurologists, cardiologists, and vascular surgeons.
- Handbook of endovascular interventions 2013, SpringerHandbook of Endovascular Interventions presents a step-wise approach to the techniques of peripheral vascular interventions. Covering interventions in all major organ systems, this concise and comprehensive resource provides the rationale on why these approaches have been adopted by most practicing vascular interventionalists. This volume also presents key information on intervention techniques and pitfalls, complications and their management, surgical management options, as well as landmark papers on the topic. Unique to this book is the inclusion of sections building an endovascular suite, and coding as well as international training paradigms across the globe.Authored by international experts from around the globe, Handbook of Endovascular Interventions is a true how-to book for the busy interventionalist.
- Handbook of endovascular peripheral interventions 2012, Springer
- Handbook of stroke. 2nd ed. 2006, OvidSystematic clinical assessment -- Historical evaluation of key signs and symptoms -- General medical review -- General examination -- Neurologic examination -- Approach to the comatose patient -- Laboratory evaluation -- Differential diagnosis made easy: general approach -- Temporal profile of ischemic cerebrovascular diseases -- Telephone interview and triage -- Management of acute stroke in critically ill patients -- Transient ischemic attack and minor cerebral infarction: general evaluation and treatment -- Major cerebral infarction: general evaluation and treatment -- Subarachnoid hemorrhage: general evaluation and treatment -- Intracerebral hemorrhage: general evaluation and treatment -- Four major categories of ischemic cerebrovascular disease: identification and treatment -- Five major categories of hemorrhagic disease: treatment of specific underlying mechanisms -- Cerebral venous thrombosis -- Other cerebrovascular syndromes --Vascular disease of the spinal cord -- Cerebrovascular disease in children and young adults -- Cerebrovascular disease in pregnant patients -- Cerebrovascular disease genetics -- Modifiable lifestyle and environmental factors -- Asymptomatic carotid and vertebral stenosis -- Hypertension -- Dyslipidemia -- Other host factors -- Unruptured intracranial aneurysms -- Unruptured intracranial vascular malformations -- Hematologic disease -- Carotid or vertebral artery occlusive disease -- Transient ischemic attack -- Cerebral infarction -- Intracerebral hemorrhage -- Subarachnoid hemorrhage -- Physical therapy -- Speech therapy -- Other chronic complications of stroke -- Family and patient education.
- Handbook on cerebral venous thrombosis 2008, KargerAnatomy of cerebral veins and sinuses -- Epidemiology of cerebral vein and sinus thrombosis / Agnelli, G., Verso, M. -- Risk factors of cerebral vein and sinus thrombosis / de Freitas, G.R., Bogousslavsky, J. -- Thrombophilia and cerebral vein thrombosis / Iorio, A. ... [et al.] -- Clinical presentations of cerebral vein and sinus thrombosis / Paciaroni, M., Palmerini, F., Bogousslavsky, J. -- Headache and cerebral vein and sinus thrombosis / Alberti, A., Venti, M., Biagini, S. -- Radiological diagnosis of cerebral venous thrombosis / Selim, M., Caplan, L.R. -- Role of ultrasound in diagnosis and management of cerebral vein and sinus thrombosis / Stolz, E.P. -- Cerebral venous thrombosis in newborns, infants and children / Yager, J.Y. ... [et al.] -- Treatment of cerebral venous and sinus thrombosis / Masuhr, F. -- Interventional neuroradiology in the treatment of cerebral venous thrombosis / Caso, V., Billeci, A.M.R., Leys, D. -- Complications of cerebral vein and sinus thrombosis / Ferro, J.M., Canhao, P. -- Long-term prognosis of cerebral vein and sinus thrombosis / Lindgren, A.
- Handbook on neurovascular ultrasound 2006, KargerPhysical and technical principles / Evans, D.H. -- Arterial wall imaging / Devuyst, G., Piechowski-Jóźwiak, B., Bogousslavsky, J. -- Endothelial function testing / Csiba, L. -- Atherosclerotic carotid stenosis and occlusion / Sitzer, M. -- Ultrasound diagnostics of the vertebrobasilar system / von Büdingen, H.-C., Staudacher, T., von Büdingen, H.J. -- Ultrasound diagnosis of cervical artery dissection / Benninger, D.H., Baumgartner, R.W. -- Intracranial dural arteriovenous and carotid-cavernous fistulae and paragangliomas / Gandjour, J., Baumgartner, R.W. -- Takayasu and temporal arteritis / Schmidt, W.A. -- Transcranial insonation / Baumgartner, R.W. -- Intracranial stenoses and occlusions, and circle of Willis collaterals / Baumgartner, R.W. -- Acute stroke: perfusion imaging / Seidel, G., Meyer-Wiethe, K. -- Sonothrombolysis: experimental evidence / Daffertshofer, M., Hennerici, M. --Acute stroke: therapeutic transcranial Doppler sonography / Mikulik, R., Alexandrov, A.V. -- Acute stroke: therapeutic transcranial color duplex sonography / Eggers, J. -- Cerebral aneurysms and arteriovenous malformations / Klötzsch, C., Harrer, J.U. -- Cerebral veins and sinuses / Stolz, E. -- Detection of microembolic signals with transcranial Doppler ultrasound / Georgiadis, D., Siebler, M. -- Contrast-enhanced transcranial Doppler ultrasound for diagnosis of patent foramen ovale / Nedeltchev, K., Mattle, H.P. -- Cerebral autoregulation and vasomotor reactivity / Aaslid, R. -- Cerebral circulation monitoring in carotid endarterectomy and carotid artery stenting / Ackerstaff, R.G.A. -- Syncope / Nirkko, A.C., Baumgartner, R.W. -- Functional transcranial Doppler sonography / Lohmann, H., Ringelstein, E.B., Knecht, S. -- Future developments in neurovascular ultrasound / Meairs, S., Hennerici, M.
- Health-related quality of life in cardiovascular patients 2013, SpringerThe genesis of health : evolution of the concept of health-related quality of life -- Quality of life in hypertensive patients -- Quality of life in patients with coronary artery disease -- Quality of life in patients after coronary interventional treatment -- Quality of life in patients with chronic heart failure -- Quality of life in patients with cardiac rhythm disturbances -- Quality of life in patients with implantable cardiac devices -- Quality of life after stroke.
- Heart and circulation 2014, SpringerWhat drives the circulation? In this comprehensive review of existing circulation models, the conventional view that the heart is a pressure-propulsion pump is challenged. The existing models fail to explain an increasing number of observed circulatory phenomena. A unifying circulation model is proposed in which the blood, responding to metabolic demands of the tissues, is the primary regulator of cardiac output. This new model arises from accumulated clinical and experimental evidence. The heart, rather than being an organ of blood propulsion, assumes a secondary role and generates pressure by impeding the flow of blood. This is supported by examples from the fields of early embryonic circulation, comparative phylogeny, functional morphology, exercise physiology and a range of clinical scenarios. The Heart and Circulation: An Integrative Model offers a paradigm shift in the understanding of circulatory phenomena. It will become a valuable resource for all those clinicians, researchers, educators and students who, having been confronted with the paradox of the circulation, are looking for a broader interpretation.
- Hemangiomas and vascular malformations 2009, Springer
- Hemodynamics and cardiology. 2nd ed. 2012, ScienceDirectNeonatal hemodynamics -- Principles of developmental cardiovascular physiology and pathophysiology -- Principles of developmental cardiovascular physiology and pathophysiology -- Autoregulation of vital and nonvital organ blood flow in the preterm and term neonate -- Definition of normal blood pressure range: the elusive target -- Diagnosis of neonatal shock: methods and their clinical applications -- Methods to assess systemic and organ blood flow in the neonate -- Functional echocardiography in the neonatal intensive care unit -- Assessment of cardiac output in neonates: techniques using the Fick principle, pulse wave form analysis, and electrical impedance -- Near-infrared spectroscopy and its use for the assessment of tissue perfusion in the neonate -- Clinical applications of near-infrared spectroscopy in neonates -- Advanced magnetic neuroimaging techniques in the neonate with a focus on hemodynamic-related brain injury -- Cardiovascular magnetic resonance in the study of neonatal hemodynamics -- Assessment of the microcirculation in the neonate -- Clinical presentations and relevance of neonatal shock -- Clinical presentations of neonatal shock: the very low birth-weight neonate during the first postnatal day -- Very low birth weight neonate with hemodynamically significant ductus arteriosus during the first postnatal week -- Preterm neonate with cardiovascular and adrenal insufficiency -- Shock in the surgical neonate -- Hemodynamics and brain injury in the preterm neonate -- Fetal and neonatal cardiology -- Embryonic and fetal development -- Genetics of fetal and neonatal cardiovascular disease -- Human cardiac development in the first trimester -- Reappraisal of normal and abnormal cardiac development -- Fetal and neonatal cardiology -- New concepts for training the pediatric cardiology workforce of the future -- Current role of fetal echocardiography -- Clinical evaluation of cardiovascular unction in the human fetus -- Cardiac surgery in the neonate with congenital heart disease -- Regional blood flow monitoring in the perioperative period -- Mechanical pump support and cardiac transplant in the neonate -- Catheter-based therapy in the neonate with congenital heart disease -- Hybrid management techniques in the treatment of the neonate with congenital heart disease.
- Hemostasis and thrombosis. 6th ed. 2013, OvidIntroduction to the field of hemostasis and thrombosis -- Basic principles of hemostasis and thrombosis. Coagulation and fibrinolysis ; Platelet biology ; Vascular biology -- Disorders of coagulation, platelets, and vessel wall. Bleeding disorders of coagulation and fibrinolysis ; Acquired and inherited platelet disorders ; Primary disorders of blood vessels ; Therapy of bleeding disorders -- Thrombotic disorders. Venous thrombotic disorders ; Arterial thrombotic disorders ; Complex thrombotic disorders ; Therapeutic agents -- Hemostatic and thrombotic disorders associated with systemic conditions.
- High-risk atherosclerotic plaques 2005, CRCnetBASE
- How to set up an acute stroke service 2012, SpringerStroke is a leading cause of death and disability throughout the world. Intravenous lytics and endovascular stroke treatment were demonstrated to be highly beneficial in clinical trials and in achieving net cost savings. However, time is of the essence in the management of stroke as for every minute that stroke is left untreated, an estimated 1.9 million neurons are destroyed. An optimized stroke pathway can dramatically impact patient outcome. Every medical service will differ.This book offers a concise and practical guide on how to set up and efficiently run an acute stroke service tailored to the needs of the individual center as a provider of primary, secondary, or tertiary care. It documents the essential knowledge on current imaging and treatment options and offers guidance in organizing a site-specific stroke pathway that will ensure the quickest possible provision of treatment, thereby optimizing benefit to the patient and maximizing cost-effectiveness. The authors played an integral part in the development and operation of one of Europe's most successful early stroke centers and also have experience of the factors that can undermine the creation of world-class stroke units. On this basis, they address the key aspects of the stroke pathway and explain how organizing this can reduce the number of severe outcomes by ensuring that appropriate steps are taken during the early moments after stroke when intervention can make a profound difference. The challenging, multidisciplinary nature of care is emphasized, and this handbook will be an invaluable source for every member of the stroke team, including doctors, nurses, stroke coordinators, emergency and rehabilitation providers as well as hospital administrators.
- Hypertension 2014, CRCnetBASEHypertension has become a major public health hazard not only in industrialized nations, but also in emerging economies. Early detection combined with effective treatment is imperative to reduce the risk of patients developing premature cardiovascular disease and accelerated atherosclerosis. A clear, concise resource, Hypertension: A Clinical Guide is of practical value to primary care doctors around the world who treat patients with hypertension every day. The book explores both fundamental and practical aspects, including epidemiology, risk, treatment, and secondary causes. After discussing methods of diagnosis and evaluation, the book explores a range of pharmacological and non-pharmacological treatment options. Specialized chapters address topics such as hypertensive emergencies, hypertension in pregnancy and renal disease, renovascular hypertension, primary hyperaldosteronism, and pheochromocytoma. Illustrated with photos and tables, this volume is essential reading for physicians, nurses, and allied health professionals with an interest in hypertension whether in primary care, in hospitals, or in training.
- Hypertension 2005, Springer Protocols
- Hypertension 2013, Future MedUpdate on hypertension, its genetics, epidemiology, mechanisms, clinical approaches and novel treatments / Ernesto L. Schiffrin & Rhian M. Touyz -- Definition & diagnosis of hypertension / Ernesto L. Schiffrin -- Epidemiology of hypertension / Stanley S. Franklin & Nathan D. Wong -- Genetics of hypertension / Christian Delles -- Hemodynamics / Joseph L. Izzo Jr. -- Role of the kidney in hypertension / John E. Hall, Jussara M. do Carmo, Alexandre A. da Silva, Zhen Wang & Michael E. Hall -- Renin-angiotensin-aldosterone system : new concepts / Aurelie Nguyen Dinh Cat, Augusto C. Montezano & Rhian M. Touyz -- Endothelin system : roles in hypertension / Yohann Rautureau & Ernesto L. Schiffrin -- CNS pathways contributing to sympathetic hyperactivity and hypertension / Frans H.H. Leenen -- Hypertensive vascular disease / Carmine Savoia & Ernesto L. Schiffrin -- Hypertensive heart disease / Javier Díez -- Classification and diagnosis of hypertension / Clive Rosendorff -- Hypertension and cardiovascular risk / Maria Czarina Acelajado & Suzanne Oparil -- Lifestyle modifications / Franz Messerli & Tiberio Frisoli -- Antihypertensive agents / Domenic A. Sica -- Treatment of hypertension / Ross D. Feldman -- Clinical practice guidelines / Sheldon W. Tobe, Diane Hua & Patrick Twohig -- Resistant hypertension / David A. Calhoun -- Index.
- Hypertension and cardiovascular disease in women 2008, HighWire
- Hypertension and stroke 2011, SpringerBlood pressure: definition, diagnosis, and management -- The link between hypertension and stroke: summary of observational epidemiological studies -- Blood pressure control and primary prevention of stroke: summary of clinical trial data -- Mechanisms underlying essential hypertension: neurogenic and nonneurogenic contributors -- Pathophysiology and mechanisms whereby hypertension may cause stroke -- Cardiovascular risk assessment and summary of guidelines for the management of hypertension -- Acute blood pressure management after ischemic stroke -- Hypertensive encephalopathy and acute blood pressure management after hemorrhagic stroke -- Recurrent stroke prevention I: diuretic and angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitors (ACEIs): the PROGRESS trial -- Recurrent stroke prevention II: angiotensin receptor blockers: the LIFE, MOSES, PRoFESS, and other trials -- A practical guide to recurrent stroke prevention -- Vascular cognitive impairment and Alzheimer disease: are these disorders linked to hypertension and other cardiovascular risk factors? -- Cerebral small vessel disease, hypertension, and cognitive function -- Cerebral microbleeds, small-vessel disease of the brain, hypertension, and cognition -- Imaging effects of hypertension on the brain: a focus on new imaging modalities and options -- The Joint Commission's initiatives to improve stroke care and what it means for acute stroke care and prevention.
- Hypertension in the elderly 2005, SpringerThe importance of hypertension in the geriatric population / Ray W. Gifford and L. Michael Prisant -- Age-related changes in the cardiovascular system / R. Clinton Webb and Edward W. Inscho -- Aging, arterial stiffness, and systolic hypertension / Joseph L. Izzo -- Pharmacological and pharmacodynamic alterations in the elderly: application to cardiovascular therapies / Domenic A. Sica -- Epidemiology of hypertension in the older patient / William B. Kannel and Peter W. F. Wilson -- Nonpharmacological trials in the older patient / L. Michael Prisant and Dean U. Harrell -- Clinical trials of hypertension in older patient / L. Michael Prisant -- Blood pressure measurement in the older patients with hypertension / Jose Ramiro Arias-Vera and William B. White -- Clinical evaluation of the elderly hypertensive / L. Michael Prisant and Thomas W. Jackson -- Hypertension in the elderly: endocrine causes of secondary hypertension / Carlos M. Isales -- Diagnosis and management of hypertensive renal and renovascular disease in the elderly / Wanpen Vongpatanasin and Ronald G. Victor -- Heart failure in the older hypertensive patient / L. Michael Prisant ... [et al.] --Management of ischemic heart disease in the older hypertensive patient: evaluation and management / Jan Laws Houghton -- Cerebrovascular disease in the elderly hypertensive / Fenwick T. Nichols, III -- Diuretics and beta-adrenergic blockers in the management of hypertension in the elderly / William C. Cushman -- Assessment of the role ace inhibitors in the elderly / Domenic A. Sica -- Use of angiotensin receptor blockers in the elderly / L. Michael Prisant -- Clinical trials with calcium antagonists in older patients with hypertension / William B. White and Sumeska Thavarajah -- Alpha-adrenoceptor blockers for management of hypertension in the elderly / James L. Pool -- Combination drug therapy in the elderly / L. Michael Prisant and Laura Lyngby Mulloy -- Attitudes regarding hypertension among older african-american adults / Wallace R. Johnson and Elijah Saunders -- Treatment of hypertension in the elderly diabetic patient / James R. Sowers and L. Michael Prisant -- Management of hypertension in older patients with arthritis / Sumeska Thavarajah and William B. White -- The clinician's role in improving therapeutic adherence and blood pressure control in older hypertensive patients / Brent M. Egan and Eni C. Okonofua.
- Hypertension primer. 4th ed. 2008, Ovid
- Imaging of carotid artery stenosis 2007, Springer
- Recent research has revealed the importance of immunological mechanisms and inflammation in delaying damage and/or promoting repair after an acute injury to the central nervous system. This book provides a comprehensive and up-to-date overview of the role of immunological mechanisms and therapies for treating acute neurological injuries such as cerebral ischemia, hemorrhage, and brain and spinal cord trauma. In several sections, the contributing authors provide a review of immunological mechanisms involved in neurological injury and of various translational and clinical research aimed at harnessing those mechanisms for better patient outcomes.
- Inflammation and atherosclerosis 2012, SpringerCh. 1. Historical reflections on the inflammatory aspects of atherosclerosis -- Ch. 2. Morphology of atherosclerotic lesions -- Ch. 3. Clinical manifestations of atherosclerosis -- Ch. 4. Intra-aortic hematopoietic cells -- Ch. 5. The vascular-associated lymphoid tissue (VALT) -- Ch. 6. Vascular endothelial cells as immunological targets in atherosclerosis -- Ch. 7. The role of adhesion molecules and intimal dendritic cells in the initiation of atherosclerosis -- Ch. 8. Animal models of atherosclerosis -- Ch. 9. A Darwinian-evolutionary concept for atherogenesis: the role of immunity to HSP60 -- Ch. 10. Mediators of vascular inflammation -- Ch. 11. Pentraxins and atherosclerosis -- Ch. 12. Interleukin-33 and atherosclerosis -- Ch. 13. Proteomics of atherosclerosis -- Ch. 14. Adipokines, inflammation, and atherosclerosis -- Ch. 15. Natural antibodies and atherosclerosis -- Ch. 16. NK/NKT cells and atherosclerosis -- Ch. 17. Macrophages and atherosclerosis -- Ch. 18. Host pattern recognition receptors (toll-like receptors, RIG-I-Like receptors, NOD-like receptors) and atherosclerosis -- Ch. 19. Humoral antibodies -- Ch. 20. Adaptive T Cell immunity -- Ch. 21. Immunity to low-density lipoprotein -- Ch. 22. Extracellular matrix and smooth muscle cells -- Ch. 23. The role of infection in atherosclerosis and in plaque stability -- Ch. 24. Inflammatory biomarkers -- Ch. 25. Atherosclerosis in rheumatic diseases -- Ch. 26. Anti-inflammatory therapeutic approaches -- Ch. 27. Vaccination against atherosclerosis -- Ch. 28. Endocrinological aspects of atherosclerosis -- Ch. 29. Imaging of atherosclerosis -- Ch. 30. Future directions of atherosclerosis research and translation into clinical application -- Ch. 31. Controversies and open questions -- Index.
- Integrative treatment of hypertension 2014, CRCnetBASE"This book provides practical hands-on advice on the use of alternative methods of hypertension treatment. It describes mechanisms of high blood pressure and hypertension, common causes of hypertension, and standard medications used to treat the disease and their side effects. The book details alternative methods of treating hypertension, emphasizing their mechanisms of action, similarities to standard medications, and practical implementation advice. Finally, it outlines guidelines for blood pressure goals, categorizes each treatment as medicine or alternative, and suggests ways of implementing an integrative approach to hypertension treatment"--Provided by publisher.
- This book provides an introduction to the principles of both cardiovascular epidemiology and molecular pathophysiology; as a unique aspect, it also outlines and discusses the molecular concepts underlying epidemiological observations. This first volume is focused on the genetic and molecular basis of pathogenesis and the role of environmental factors triggering cardiovascular dysfunctions. The book promotes the use of interdisciplinary approaches in the field of preventive medicine based on recent advances in molecular and cellular pathophysiology. The book offers a valuable resource work for researchers in basic biomedical fields and clinical scientists alike, as well as guidelines for novel avenues of research in both basic pathophysiology and cardiovascular therapy and prevention.
- Intermittent claudication 2002, HighWire
- Intracranial vascular malformations and aneurysms 2005, Springer
- Kaplan's Clinical hypertension. 9th ed. 2006, OvidHypertension in the population at large -- Measurement of blood pressure -- Primary hypertension: pathogenesis -- Primary hypertension: natural history and evaluation -- Treatment of hypertension: why, when, how far -- Treatment of hypertension: lifestyle modifications -- Treatment of hypertension: drug therapy -- Hypertensive crises -- Renal parenchymal hypertension -- Renovascular hypertension -- Hypertension with pregnancy and the pill -- Pheochromocytoma (with a preface about incidental adrenal masses) -- Primary aldosteronism -- Hypertension induced by cortisol or deoxycorticosterone -- Other forms of identifiable hypertension -- Hypertension in childhood and adolescence.
- Learning cardiac imaging 2010, Springer
- Learning vascular and interventional radiology 2010, SpringerThis book is an introduction to interventional radiology. Written in a case-based format, the book is subdivided into ten chapters made up of ten vascular and non-vascular interventional radiology cases. Each case contains illustrations and legends describing the imaging findings and technical details of each intervention, comments from anatomical, physiopathological and radiological standpoints, as well as a description of the interventional procedure and the required interventional devices. The book is aimed at vascular and non-vascular interventional radiologists, vascular surgeons, radiology.
- Lower extremity arterial disease 2005, SpringerClaudication : clinical diagnosis and differential diagnosis / Dennis G. Caralis -- Noninvasive diagnostic evaluation of peripheral arterial disease / Nicholas Labropoulos and Apostolos K. Tassiopoulos -- Smoking and smoking cessation / Albert Bellg and Aristides N. Mavridis -- Peripheral arterial disease and diabetes / George L. Bakris -- Hyperlipidemia in peripheral arterial disease / Ambika Babu, C.R. Kannan, and Theodore Mazzone -- Hypertension and peripheral vascular disease / Anjula Gandhi, Jay Garg, and George L. Bakris -- Physical inactivity is a risk factor for lower extremity arterial disease and coronary heart disease / Dennis G. Caralis and Stamatis Dimitropoulos -- Pathogenesis of atheroslerotic vascular disease / Bassem Jamil Basha, George L. Bakris, and James R. Sowers --Lower extremity arterial disease coexisting with coronary artery disease : management and prognosis / Dennis G. Caralis -- Medical therapy of claudication and lower extremity arterial disease / Dennis G. Caralis -- Exercise therapy for low extremity arterial disease / Peter F. Kokkinos -- Endovascular strategies for management of claudication and lower extremity arterial disease / Michael C. Brunner and Dennis G. Caralis -- Severe lower extremity arterial disease : limb salvage and revascularization failure / Chad E. Jacobs and Walter J. McCarthy.
- Magnetic resonance angiography 2012, Springer
- Management of cardiovascular disease in women 2014, Springer"This book summarizes the great progress in the treatment of cardiovascular disease (CVD). Due to improved therapies, preventive strategies and increased public awareness, CVD mortality has been on the decline for both genders. Unfortunately, the decline has been less prominent for women, and CVD remains the leading cause of mortality for women in the United States and is responsible for a third of all deaths of women worldwide. Management of Cardiovascular Disease in Women provides a comprehensive overview of differences in cardiac problems in women including the challenges and limitations of the available literature. Unique aspects to women's heart health such as pregnancy, the impact of emotional stress and other psychosocial issues are discussed by leading experts in the field. They therefore provide important insight to cardiovascular care in women, making this book an essential resource for a wide range of practitioners including cardiologists, primary care providers, internists, and reproductive healthcare professionals."--Publisher's website.
- Management of hypertension in diabetes 2011, Future MedManagement of hypertension in diabetes / Samy I. McFarlane -- Hypertension in diabetes : prevalence, risks and treatment targets / Antonio Coca & Miguel Camafort -- Nonpharmacological management of hypertension in diabetes / Marie-Ève Leblanc, Caroline Rhéaume, Lyne Cloutier, Jean Lefebvre & Paul Poirier -- Pharmacological management of hypertension in diabetes / Tonje A. Aksnes, Sigrid N. Skårn & Sverre E. Kjeldsen -- Role of angiotensin receptor blockers in diabetes / Philippe Akhrass, John N. Makaryus, Amgad N. Makaryus, Arathy Vamadevan & Samy I. McFarlane -- Treatment recommendations and consensus guidelines / Vivencio Barrios Alonso & Carlos Escobar Cervantes.
- Manual of outpatient cardiology 2012, SpringerAn ever growing population of patients are affected by cardiac disease. Most of these diseases are chronic in nature and require long term outpatient follow up. Subsequently, outpatient providers are finding themselves responsible for an increasing number of patients with cardiovascular issues. Appropriate diagnosis and management of cardiac disease is essential to providing high quality care in an efficient manner. There is a wide spectrum of providers involved in the care of these patients, many of which are not cardiologists. The Manual of Outpatient Cardiology is written in a practical, didactic format designed to deliver point-of-care information to practitioners of cardiology and assist non-cardiologists with the efficient management of cardiac disease. Highly illustrated with schematics and useful clinical figures, this book is an essential reference to all outpatient cardiology procedures.
- Manual of thoracic endoaortic surgery 2010, Springer
- Mastering endovascular techniques 2007, OvidKey issues of vascular pathoanatomy / Frank Kolodgie ... [et al.] -- Key issues of vascular pathophysiology / Axel R. Pries, Ivo Buschmann, Helmut Habazettl -- Magnetic resonance imaging / Dietrich Baumgart, Thomas Egelhof -- X-ray coronary angiography / Peter Lanzer -- Intracoronary ultrasound / Anuja Nair ... [et al.] -- Pressure wire / Wilbert Aarnoudse, Cees-joost Botman, Nico H.J. Pijls -- The decision-making process in percutaneous coronary interventions / Lutz Prechelt, Peter Lanzer -- Devices / Wolfram Schmidt, Klaus-Peter Schmitz -- Intracranial vessels / Hans Henkes ... [et al.] -- Internal carotid artery / Peter Lanzer, Ralf Weser -- Coronary arteries / Peter Lanzer, L.D. Timmie Topoleski -- Thoracic aorta / Tim C. Rehders ... [et al.] -- Abdominal aortic aneurysm / Martin Köcher, Petr Utíkal -- Renal arteries / Peter Lanzer, Ralf Weser -- Abdominal aorta, iliac, and lower extremity arteries / Peter Lanzer, Ralf Weser -- Haemodialysis shunts / Dierk Vorwerk -- Venous diseases / Zubin Irani, John A. Kaufman -- Foreign bodies / Haresh G. Mehta, Stephan Windecker, Bernhard Meier.
- Mechanisms of angiogenesis 2005, Springer
- Mechanisms of cardiovascular aging. 1st ed. 2002, ScienceDirect
- Microcirculation in fractal branching networks 2014, SpringerThis book presents a new method for analyzing the structure and function of the biological branching systems of fractal trees, with a focus on microcirculation. Branching systems in humans (vascular and bronchial trees) and those in the natural world (plants, trees, and rivers) are characterized by a fractal nature. To date, fractal studies have tended to concentrate on fractal dimensions, which quantify the complexity of objects, but the applications for practical use have remained largely unexplored. This book breaks new ground with topics that include the human retinal microcirculatory network, oxygen consumption by vascular walls, the Fh raeus-Lindqvist effect, the bifurcation exponent, and the asymmetrical microvascular network. Readers are provided with simple formulas to express functions and a simulation graph with in vivo data. The book also discusses the mechanisms regulating blood flow and pressure and how they are related to pathological changes in the human body. Researchers and clinicians alike will find valuable new insights in these pioneering studies.
- Mitochondria and their role in cardiovascular disease 2013, SpringerPart 1. General principles of mitochondria and the heart -- Introduction to Mitochondria in the Heart -- Methods to Study Mitochondrial Structure and Function -- Mitochondrial Structure, Composition, and Dynamics -- Mitochondrial Biogenesis -- Mechanisms of Bioenergy Production in Mitochondria -- Bioenergetics Interplay Between Cardiac Mitochondria and Other Subcellular Compartments -- Part 2. Heart mitochondria signal transduction. Stem cells -- Endothelial Mitochondria: Contribution to Cardiovascular Function and Disease -- Heart Mitochondria: Receivers and Transmitters of Signals -- Stem Cells and Mitochondria -- Part 3. Stress and cell death -- Heart Mitochondrial ROS and Oxidative Stress -- Cell-Death Pathways and Mitochondria -- Part 4. Mitochondria in Pediatric Cardiology -- Mitochondria in Pediatric Cardiovascular Diseases -- Part 5. The aging heart and mitochondria -- Mitochondria in the Aging Heart -- Part 6. Mitochondria in Atherosclerosis, hypertension and ischemia -- The Role of Mitochondria in Atherosclerosis -- The Role of Mitochondria in Hypertension -- Role of Mitochondria in Ischemia and Cardioprotection -- Part 7. Mitochondria in Heart Failure and Dysrhythmias -- Mitochondrial Dynamics in Health and Disease -- Mitochondria Play an Essential Role in Heart Failure -- Mitochondria and Cardiac Dysrhythmias -- Part 8. Mitochondria in heart metabolism -- Diabetes and Cardiac Mitochondria -- The Role of Mitochondria in the Metabolic Syndrome and Insulin Resistance -- Thyroid Hormone and Myocardial Mitochondria -- Part 9. Mitochondrial Therapy -- Targeting the Mitochondria in Cardiovascular Diseases -- Part 10. Looking to the future of mitochondria and the heart -- Current Progress and Future Perspectives: Toward Mitochondrial Medicine.
- Molecular defects in cardiovascular disease 2011, Springer
- Molecular sensors for cardiovascular homeostasis 2007, SpringerContributors --Part 1.The DEG/ENaC family --1.The role of DEG/ENaC ion channels in sensory mechanotransduction /Dafni Bazopoulou, Giannis Voglis, and Nektarios Tavernarakis --2.ASICs function as cardiac lactic acid sensors during myocardial ischemia /Christopher J. Benson and Edwin W. McCleskey --3.Molecular components of neural sensory transduction DEG/ENac proteins in baro and chemoreceptors /François M. Abboud, Yongjun Lu, and Mark W. Chapleau --Part II.The TRP family --4.TRP channels as molecular sensors of physical stimuli /Roger G. O'Neill --5.TRPV1 in central cardiovascular control : discerning the C-fiber afferent pathway /Michael C. Andersen, Mark W. Doyle, Timothy W. Bailey, and Young-Ho Jin --6.TRPV1 as a molecular transducer for salt and water homeostasis /Donna H. Wang and Jeffrey R. Sachs --7.Functional interaction between ATP and TRPV1 receptors /Makoto Tominaga and Tomoko Moriyama --8.TRPV4 and hypotonic stress /David M. Cohen --Part III.Other ion channels and biosensors --9.Ion channels in shear stress sensing in vascular endothelium : ion channels in vascular mechanotransduction /Abdul I. Barakat, Deborah K. Lieu, and Andrea Gojova --10.Redox signaling in oxygen sensing by vessels /Andrea Olschewski and E. Kenneth Weir --11.Impedance spectroscopy and quartz crystal microbalance : noninvasive tools to analyze ligand-receptor interactions at functionalized surfaces and of cell monolayers /Andreas Hinz and Hans-Joachim Galla --Index.
- Morphofunctional aspects of tumor microcirculation 2012, Springer
- Mosaic of cardiovascular protection 2003, HighWire
- Multi-modality atherosclerosis imaging and diagnosis 2014, SpringerStroke is one of the leading causes of death in the world, resulting mostly from the sudden ruptures of atherosclerosis carotid plaques. Understanding why and how plaque develops and ruptures requires a multi-disciplinary approach such as radiology, biomedical engineering, medical physics, software engineering, hardware engineering, pathological and histological imaging. Multi-Modality Atherosclerosis Imaging, Diagnosis and Treatment presents a new dimension of understanding Atherosclerosis in 2D and 3D. This book presents work on plaque stress analysis in order to provide a general framework of computational modeling with atherosclerosis plaques. New algorithms based on 3D and 4D Ultrasound are presented to assess the atherosclerotic disease as well as very recent advances in plaque multimodality image fusion analysis. The goal of Multi-Modality Atherosclerosis Imaging, Diagnosis and Treatment is to fuse information obtained from different 3D medical image modalities, such as 3D US, CT and MRI, providing the medical doctor with some sort of augmented reality information about the atherosclerotic plaque in order to improve the accuracy of the diagnosis. Analysis of the plaque dynamics along the cardiac cycle is also a valuable indicator for plaque instability assessment and therefore for risk stratification. 4D Ultrasound, a sequence of 3D reconstructions of the region of interest along the time, can be used for this dynamic analysis. Multimodality Image Fusion is a very appealing approach because it puts together the best characteristics of each modality, such as, the high temporal resolution of US and the high spatial resolutions of MRI and CT.
- Nerve and vascular injuries in sports medicine 2009, Springer
- Neuroendovascular surgery 2005, KargerCurrent and future management strategies for intracranial aneurysms and carotid artery stenosis / E.M. Deshaies, A.S. Boulos -- The use of stents in the management of neurovascular disease: a historical and present status review / M.B. Horowitz, P.D. Purdy -- Carotid angioplasty with stenting and carotid endarterectomy: both are here to stay / R.A. Hanel ... [et al.] -- Endovascular treatment of acute ischemic embolic stroke / C.C. Ionita ... [et al.] -- Intracranial stenting / M.R. Harrigan ... [et al.] -- Angioplasty for repair of intracranial arterial stenosis / A.J. Ringer -- Endovascular therapy for intracranial aneurysms: a historical and present perspective / M.B. Horowitz ... [et al.] --Endovascular management of wide-necked aneurysms / M. Horowitz, E.I. Levy -- Liquid embolic agents in the treatment of intracranial arteriovenous malformations / J.U. Howington ... [et al.] -- Management of arteriovenous malformations using liquid agents / B.M. Ozgur, D.I. Levy -- Treatment of dural arteriovenous fistulas / L. Feng, P.M. Meyers, R.T. Higashida -- Tumor embolization / E.I. Levy ... [et al.] -- Acute and chronic venous sinus thrombosis / M.B. Horowitz ... [et al.] -- Vein of galen aneurysms: a review and current perspective / M.B. Horowitz ... [et al.] -- Petrosal sinus sampling for Cushing's disease / M.B. Horowitz ... [et al.].
- Neuropsychiatric symptoms of cerebrovascular diseases 2013, SpringerNeuropsychiatric Symptoms of Cerebrovascular Diseases is an up-to-date, comprehensive review of the neuropsychiatry of stroke, by active authorities in the field, with an emphasis on diagnostic and management issues. Neuropsychiatric Symptoms of Cerebrovascular Diseases includes critical appraisal of the methodological aspects and limitations of the current research on the neuropsychiatry of stroke and on unanswered questions/controversies. Pharmacological aspects of management are discussed, to provide robust information on drug dosages, side effects and interaction, in order to enable the reader to manage these patients more safely. Illustrative cases provide real life scenarios that are clinically relevant and engaging to read. Neuropsychiatric Symptoms of Cerebrovascular Diseases is aimed at neurologists, stroke physicians and psychiatrists, and will also be of interest to intensive care doctors, psychologists ad neuropsychologists, research and specialist nurses, clinical researchers and methodologists.
- Neurovascular neuropsychology 2009, SpringerThis volume focuses on focal and diffuse neurovascular disease in addition to systemic conditions in which cognition and behavior have been uniquely associated with different pathologic states.
- New concepts in cerebral ischemia 2002, CRCnetBASE
- New frontiers in lifestyle-related diseases 2008, Springer
- New oral anticoagulants 2012, Future MedNew oral anticoagulants / Jawed Fareed -- Venous thromboembolism (post-surgery) / Erica Romualdi & Walter Ageno -- New oral anticoagulants for stroke prevention in atrial fibrillation / Sarkis Morales-Vidal, Michael J. Schneck, Murray Flaster & Jose Biller -- Acute coronary syndromes / Paul A. Gurbel & Udaya S. Tantry -- Current VTE prophylaxis and new oral anticoagulants for acute medical in-patients / Evi Kalodiki & Christopher R. Lattimer -- New antithrombotic agents in cancer patients / Grigoris T. Gerotziafas, Michel Meyer Samama & Ismail Elalamy -- New oral anticoagulants for autoimmune diseases / Debra Hoppensteadt, Jeanine M. Walenga & Mamdouh Bakhos -- New oral anticoagulants for special populations / Jeanine M. Walenga & Mamdouh Bakhos -- Will warfarin become obsolete? / Jawed Fareed, Wendy A. Leong & Joseph A. Caprini -- Index.
- New techniques for thoracic outlet syndromes 2013, SpringerNew Techniques for Thoracic Outlet Syndromes presents in a comprehensive format an up-to-date, state of the art reference that physicians can use in consultation to properly treat patients using the resources that modern medicine offers. This book offers the newer surgical approaches that have been developed during the past 30 years. Some of these techniques are modification of operations that were proposed previously but were not fully affective and left many patients suffering with permanent disability. This textbook is a compendium of the proper management of these patients that cannot be found in isolated reports of literature. The neurogenic-arterial thoracic outlet syndrome section covers how to diagnosis the illness using the proper tests, therefore eliminating the use of expensive, uncomfortable and inconvenient tests. The text is organized in three basic sections that cover all the aspects of the thoracic outlet syndromes. The first section addresses the neurogenic-arterial type, with the pertinent subsections: symptoms, diagnosis. A list of the useful tests is provided to make a correct diagnosis of this syndrome. This is followed by the sections on treatment, using the surgical approaches with historical aspects and evolution of the operations proposed. The second section involves the venous thoracic outlet syndrome divided into the corresponding subsections comprising: symptoms and physical findings, etiology, diagnosis. This section also includes a list of the usual tests to make the proper diagnosis. The last section of this text is dedicated to the presence of cervical ribs and their classification of the different types that occur, and also the proper surgical treatment when fusion of the upper ribs is present. New Techniques for Thoracic Outlet Syndromes offers the current, acceptable and most effective methods to handle thoracic outlet syndromes. It will be of great value to thoracic surgeons, vascular surgeons, interventional radiologists as well as fellows and residents in training for cardiothoracic and vascular surgery.
- Intracranial aneuryms -- Perioperative management -- Management of unruptured intracranial aneurysms -- Intracranial arteriovenous malformations and Rural AVM, AVF -- Cerebral revascularization -- Venous system.
- Noninvasive cerebrovascular diagnosis 2010, SpringerOverview of cerebrovascular disease -- Overview of various noninvasive cerebrovascular techniques -- Duplex scanning of the carotid arteries -- The role of color duplex scanning in diagnosing diseases of the aortic arch branches and carotid arteries -- Vertebral artery ultrasonography -- Transcranial Doppler sonography -- Ultrasonic characterization of carotid plaques -- Carotid plaque echolucency measured by grayscale median identifies patients at increased risk of stroke during carotid stenting: the imaging in carotid antioplasty and risk of stroke study -- Duplex ultrasound in the diagnosis of temporal arteritis -- Duplex ultrasound velocity criteria for carotid stenting patients -- Use of transcranial Doppler in monitoring patients during carotid artery stenting -- Use of an angle-independent Doppler system for intraoperative carotid endarterectomy surveillance -- Clinical implications of the vascular laboratory in the diagnosis of cerebrovascular insufficiency.
- Noninvasive vascular diagnosis. 3rd ed. 2013, SpringerThere has been a rapid expansion in the field of noninvasive vascular diagnostics over the past two decades. Technological advances have provided an unprecedented variety of therapeutic options and the contemporary vascular specialist today must provide the entire spectrum of care for the patient with circulatory disease, including conventional open surgery, minimally invasive endovascular therapy, and medical management. This new edition of Noninvasive Vascular Diagnosis provides truly comprehensive coverage of noninvasive vascular testing, ranging from conventional noninvasive technology to the latest state-of-the-art advances. Regulatory issues are also discussed, which will become an increasingly important issue in our evolving health care system. It is designed to help determine the most applicable and practical methods for managing patients in the most cost effective and efficient manner. A considerable amount of new material has been added to this popular textbook and there has been extensive revision of its previous content. The Editors have gathered together prominent experts in the field to address the needs of all clinicians who are involved in the care of patients with vascular disease, continuing to make this a key reference in the field.
- Nutrition, lifestyle factors, and blood pressure 2012, CRCnetBASE"Aiming to increase awareness, this book covers measures to prevent health conditions and diseases that are associated with high blood pressure. The first section provides a comprehensive review of diet, nutrition, lifestyle, and blood pressure control. It also discusses the consequences of high blood pressure, including heart disease, kidney disease, diabetes, and stroke. The second section focuses on implementation of strategies to promote behavioral changes for blood pressure control. The final section addresses key subgroup populations and situations that require special considerations. Case studies demonstrate how lifestyle factors can be changed to control blood pressure"--Provided by publisher.
- Obesity management 2005, HighWire
- Organ microcirculation 2005, Springer
- Pathology and surgery around the vertebral artery 2011, SpringerThis is the first comprehensive book about surgery on and around the vertebral artery all along its cervical and intracranial course. This vessel has been considered for long as out of surgical reach leaving many different pathologies not or incompletely treated. The surgical exposure and control of the vertebral artery not only permit to treat lesions of the vertebral artery wall or developed in contact to it but also to improve the access to the intervertebral foramen (tumors, osteophytes), to the anterior aspect of the spinal cord (tumors, spondylotic spurs), to the foramen magnum and to the jugular foramen. This book written by leading experts includes all aspects of vertebral artery surgery from anatomy to imaging, surgical techniques and pathologies; it is illustrated by many figures especially operative views and schematic drawings so that the beginner as well as the experienced surgeon find useful information. One of the editors of this book (B. GEORGE) was recently awarded the Olivecrona award for his work on the surgery of the vertebral artery.
- Pathophysiology of blood disorders 2011, AccessMedicineA concise full color review of the mechanisms of blood diseases and disorders based on a Harvard Medical School hematology course Hematological Pathophysiology is a well illustrated easy to absorb introduction to the physiological principles underlying the regulation and function of blood cells and hemostasis as well as the pathophysiologic mechanisms responsible for the development of blood disorders Featuring a strong emphasis on key principles the book covers diagnosis and management primarily within a framework of pathogenesis Authored by world renowned clinician educators at Harvard Medical School Hematological Pathophysiology features content and organization based on a hematology course offered to second year students at that school The book is logically divided into four sections Anemias and Disorders of the Red Blood Cell Disorders of Hemostasis and Thrombosis Disorders of Leukocytes and Transfusion Medicine it opens with an important overview of blood and hematopoietic tissues Features Succinct to the point coverage that reflects current medical education More than 200 full color photographs and renderings of disease mechanisms and blood diseases Each chapter includes learning objectives and self assessment questions Numerous tables and diagrams encapsulate important information Incorporates the feedback of 180 Harvard medical students who reviewed the first draft so you know youre studying the most relevant material possible Provided by publisher.
- Pediatric critical care medicine. Volume 2, Respiratory, cardiovascular and central nervous systems /. Second edition. [2nd ed.] 2014, SpringerSection I. The Respiratory System in Critical Illness and Injury -- Section II. The Cardiovascular System in Critical Illness and Injury -- Section III. The Central Nervous System in Critical Illness and Injury -- Section IV. The Gastrointestinal System in Critical Illness and Injury -- Section V. The Endocrine System in Critical Illness and Injury -- Section VI. The Renal System in Critical Illness and Injury -- Section VII. The Hematologic System in Critical Illness and Injury -- Section VIII. Oncologic Disorders in the PICU -- Section IX. The Immune System in Critical Illness and Injury.
- Pediatric hypertension. 3rd ed. 2013, SpringerThe field of pediatric hypertension has undergone important changes in the time since the second edition of Pediatric Hypertension published. Much new information on hypertension in the young has become available. Previous chapters have been fully revised and new chapters have been added to cover important topics of recent interest such as consensus recommendations, the prevalence of hypertension in the young due to the obesity epidemic, studies of antihypertensive agents, and ambulatory blood pressure monitoring. Pediatric Hypertension, Third Edition is a comprehensive volume featuring 38 chapters covering the breadth of the current knowledge. It is divided into four sections: Regulation of Blood Pressure in Children; Assessment of Blood Pressure in Children: Measurement, Normative Data, Epidemiology; and Hypertension in Children: Predictors, Risk Factors, and Special Populations; Evaluation and Management of Pediatric Hypertension. Filled with the most up-to-date information, Pediatric Hypertension, Third Edition is an invaluable resource for clinicians and researchers interested in childhood hypertension.
- Peripheral endovascular interventions. 3rd ed. 2010, SpringerEvolution of endovascular therapy: diagnostics and therapeutics -- Pathophysiology of vascular disease -- Training and credentialing in vascular and endovascular surgery -- Assessment of vascular patients and indications for therapy -- Anesthesia techniques for endovascular surgery -- Intraprocedural monitoring for endovascular procedures -- Safety considerations for endovascular surgery -- Endovascular intervention suite design -- Angioscopy: instrumentation, techniques, and applications -- Duplex-guided balloon angioplasty from the carotid to the plantar arteries -- Intravascular ultrasound imaging -- Biomaterials: considerations for endovascular devices -- Ancillary endovascular equipment: catheters, guidewires, and procedural considerations -- Balloon angioplasty -- Endovascular intervention for lower extremity deep venous thrombosis -- Remote femoral and iliac artery endarterectomy --Intravascular stents -- Intravascular laser technologies -- Endovascular devices for abdominal aortic aneurysms -- Endovascular devices for thoracic aortic aneurysms -- Critical limb ischemia -- Renal stents -- Inferior vena cava filters: the impact of endovascular technology -- Carotid stenting -- Neuroendovascular interventions -- The current status of hybrid repair of thoracoabdominal aortic aneurysms -- Laparoscopic aortic surgery -- Endovenous surgery -- Thoracic outlet syndrome: endoscopic transaxillary first rib approach: 23 years experience (1985-2008) -- Prevention of lesion recurrence in endovascular devices -- Management of the percutaneous puncture site -- Endovascular practice in Asia-Pacific -- Future imaging and guidance for endovascular procedures.
- Peripheral vascular disease 2013, Future MedPeripheral vascular disease : basic and clinical perspectives / Erich Minar & Martin Schillinger -- Epidemiology, risk factors & prognosis / Beau M. Hawkins & Michael R. Jaff -- Clinical and noninvasive diagnosis / Wolfgang Mlekusch -- Lifestyle and exercise therapy for peripheral vascular disease / Curt Diehm & Nicolas Diehm -- Medical therapy for peripheral vascular disease / Rudolf Kirchmair & Peter Marschang -- Endovascular therapy for peripheral vascular disease / Martin Schillinger & Erich Minar -- Surgical approaches in peripheral vascular disease / Mehtab Ahmad & Andrew Bradbury -- Index.
- Pharmacotherapy of pulmonary hypertension 2013, SpringerDefinition and classification of pulmonary hypertension / Marc Humbert, David Montani, Oleg V. Evgenov, and Gérald Simonneau -- Pulmonary hypertension: pathophysiology and signaling pathways / Bradley A. Maron and Joseph Loscalzo -- Pulmonary hypertension: pathology / Peter Dorfmüller -- Pulmonary hypertension: biomarkers / Christopher J. Rhodes, John Wharton, and Martin R. Wilkins -- Rodent models of group 1 pulmonary hypertension / John J. Ryan, Glenn Marsboom, and Stephen L. Archer -- General supportive care / Ioana R. Preston -- Calcium-channel blockers in pulmonary arterial hypertension / Marie-Camille Chaumais, Elise Artaud Macari, and Olivier Sitbon -- Prostacyclins / Horst Olschewski -- Endothelin Receptor Antagonists / Martine Clozel, Alessandro Maresta, and Marc Humbert -- Phosphodiesterase-5 inhibitors / Barbara A. Cockrill and Aaron B. Waxman -- Inhaled nitric oxide for the treatment of pulmonary arterial hypertension / Steven H. Abman -- Soluble guanylate cyclase stimulators in pulmonary hypertension / Johannes-Peter Stasch and Oleg V. Evgenov -- Therapeutics targeting of dysregulated redox equilibrium and endothelial dysfunction / Michael G. Risbano and Mark T. Gladwin -- Rho-kinase inhibitors / Yoshihiro Fukumoto and Hiroaki Shimokawa -- Serotonin transporter and serotonin receptors / Serge Adnot, Amal Houssaini, Shariq Abid, Elisabeth Marcos, and Valérie Amsellem -- Targeting of platelet-derived growth factor signaling in pulmonary arterial hypertension / Eva Berghausen, Henrik ten Freyhaus, and Stephan Rosenkranz -- Emerging molecular targets for anti-proliferative strategies in pulmonary arterial hypertension / Ly Tu and Christophe Guignabert -- Anti-inflammatory and immunosuppressive agents in PAH / Jolyane Meloche, Sébastien Renard, Steeve Provencher, and Sébastien Bonnet -- Vasoactive peptides and the pathogenesis of pulmonary hypertension: role and potential therapeutic application / Reshma S. Baliga, Raymond J. MacAllister, and Adrian J. Hobbs -- Pulmonary hypertension: novel pathways and emerging therapies inhibitors of cGMP and cAMP metabolism / Yassine Sassi and Jean-Sébastien Hulot -- Pulmonary hypertension: old targets revisited (statins, PPARs, beta-blockers) / Geoffrey Watson, Eduardo Oliver, Lan Zhao, and Martin R. Wilkins -- Pulmonary hypertension: current management and future directions / Lewis J. Rubin.
- Phlebology, vein surgery and ultrasonography 2014, Springer
- Physical therapy for the stroke patient. 1st ed. 2012, Thieme"Clinical evidence clearly demonstrates that physical therapeutic measures begun as soon as possible after a stroke, often within 24 to 48 hours, greatly increase everyday competence and quality of life. Physical Therapy for the Stroke Patient: Early Stage Rehabilitation covers all the issues that physical therapists must deal with in this critical period: assessment of patients' abilities; care during the acute phase; early mobilization; effects of medication; risk factors; ethical questions; and much more. It provides complete guidelines on how to examine and treat the patient, the dosage" of physical therapy required, and the key differences between early and late stage rehabilitation after stroke. Special Features Information-packed chapter on Optimizing Functional Motor Recovery after Stroke," written by J. Carr and R. Shepherd, pioneers in the field and the first to correlate motor learning and stroke recovery Case studies throughout the book offering direct, hands-on examples of evaluation and treatment methods Nearly 150 color photographs demonstrating step-by-step physical therapy techniques used in actual practice Hundreds of references to the literature that support the evidence-based approach presented in the book For all physical and occupational therapists who must answer the question, How much therapy will help my patient?", this book provides clear, well-informed answers. Not only will it increase your therapeutic skills and confidence, but it will also expand your knowledge of the medical issues and long-term outcomes for the post-stroke patients in your care"--Provided by publisher.
- Polymers for vascular and urogenital applications 2012, CRCnetBASE"In a carefully crafted, multidisciplinary, skillfully focused format, this book covers attributes of polymers used for vascular, urological, and gynecological materials. It provides a brief analysis of how the use of polymers in vascular and urogenital applications has evolved in the past five decades and outlines their common and specific functional requirements. It features small, readable monographs that provide a brief description of the evolving role of a particular material, and present topics in highly integrated, well-balanced, authoritatively prepared segments on materials processing and in vitro and in vivo evaluation, complete with case studies"--Provided by publisher.
- Polymyalgia rheumatica and giant cell arteritis 2010, SpringerPolymyalgia Rheumatica and Giant Cell Arteritis - an overview with a focus on important factors contributing to the severity of the disease / Jozef Rovenský, Burkhard F. Leeb, Viera Štvrtinová, Richard Imrich and Juraj Duda -- Polymyalgia Rheumatica, Temporal Arteritis and Occurrence of Malignant Tumors / Jozef Rovenský and Alena Tuchyňová -- Coronary involvement and atherosclerosis in Giant Cell Arteritis / Viera Štvrtinová, Jozef Rovenský and Alena Tuchyňová -- T cells and their role in Polymyalgia Rheumatica and Giant Cell Arteritis / Stanislava Blažíčková and Jozef Rovenský -- Cytokines in Polymyalgia Rheumatica and Giant Cell Arteritis / Jozef Rovenský and Richard Imrich -- Genetic factors in Giant Cell Arteritis and Polymyalgia Rheumatica / Vladimír Bošák -- Polymyalgia rheumatica (PMR) and vascular complications / Viera Štvrtinová, Svetoslav Štvrtina and Jozef Rovenský -- Chronobiology of Polymyalgia Rheumatica and Giant Cell Arteritis / Howard Bird -- Histopathology of Giant Cell (temporal) Arteritis - changes in aorta / Svetoslav Štvrtina and Jozef Rovenský -- Ultrasonography in Polymyalgia Rheumatica and/or Giant Cell Arteritis / Peter Poprac and Jozef Rovenský -- Therapy of Polymyalgia Rheumatica and Giant Cell Arteritis / Jozef Rovenský and Richard Imrich -- Diagnostic Criteria, Treatment, and Monitoring of Polymyalgia Rheumatica/Giant Cell Arteritis / Burkhard F. Leeb, Thomas Nothnagl, Martin Steindl and Bernhard Rintelen.
- Practical approach to cardiovascular medicine 2011, WileySection I. Preventive Cardiology -- Chapter 1. Prevention of Cardiovascular Disease / Maulik Shah and Reza Ardehali -- Chapter 2. Dyslipidemia / Karim Sallam and Reza Ardehali -- Chapter 3. Hypertension / Christopher Woods and Richard Lafayette -- Section II. Coronary Artery Disease -- Chapter 4. Stable Angina / Joshua Lehrer and William F. Fearon -- Chapter 5. Unstable Angina and Non-ST Elevation Myocardial Infarction / Joshua Lehrer and David P. Lee -- Chapter 6. ST-Elevation Myocardial Infarction / Yen Tibayan -- Section III. Heart Failure -- Chapter 7. Care of the Cardiomyopathic Patient / Nicholas J. Leeper, Reza Ardehali and Michael Fowler -- Chapter 8. Pulmonary Hypertension and Right Heart Failure / Matthew T. Wheeler and Roham T. Zamanian -- Chapter 9. Heart Transplantation / Jesus Almendral, Robert Maranda and Sharon Hunt -- Section IV. Valvular and Vascular Disease -- Chapter 10. Valvular Heart Disease / Reza Ardehali and Ingela Schnittger -- Chapter 11. Diseases of the Aorta / Michael Ho and David Liang -- Chapter 12. Peripheral Vascular Disease / Andrew Wilson, Reza Ardehali and John Cooke -- Section V. Arrhythmias and Sudden Cardiac Death -- Chapter 13. Atrial Fibrillation and Flutter / Marco Perez and Amin Al-Ahmad -- Chapter 14. Supraventricular Tachycardia / Marco Perez and Paul Zei -- Chapter 15. Ventricular Tachycardia / Jeffrey Hsing and Henry Hsia -- Chapter 16. Bradycardia / Jeffrey Hsing and Paul Wang ---- Chapter 17. Syncope / Farheen Shirazi and Karen Friday -- Section VI. Cardiovascular Disease in Special Populations -- Chapter 18. Congenital Heart Disease / Patrick Yue -- Chapter 19. Cardiology Consultation and Management of Perioperative Complications / Azar Mehdizadeh and Stanley G. Rockson -- Chapter 20. Management of Pre- and Post-Cardiac Surgery Patients / Mohammad Haghdoost and Ramin Beygui -- Section VII. Specialized Testing and Therapeutics -- Chapter 21. Adult Advanced Cardiac Life Support / Anurag Gupta and Amin Al-Ahmad -- Chapter 22. ECG Interpretation / Marco Perez and Victor F. Froelicher -- Chapter 23. Transthoracic and Transesophageal Echocardiography / Shahriar Heidary and Ingela Schnittger -- Chapter 24. Noninvasive Stress Testing / Arvindh Kanagasundram and Victor F. Froelicher -- Chapter 25. Cardiac MRI and CT / Chandra Katikireddy and Michael V. McConnell -- Chapter 26. Clinical Cardiac Hemodynamics / Shirley Park and Euan Ashley -- Chapter 27. Percutaneous Interventions / Aiden O'Loughlin and Alan Yeung -- Chapter 28. Pacemakers and ICD Troubleshooting / Marco Perez and Paul Wang -- Chapter 29. Introduction to Electrophysiology Studies / Ronald Lo and Henry Hsia.
- Practical carotid artery stenting 2009, Springer
- Practical guide to neurovascular emergencies 2014, SpringerModern vascular neurology, particularly in the emergency setting, often requires a great capacity for analysis and synthesis. Physicians who manage these patients must have acquired multidisciplinary skills, including a good knowledge of clinical neurology and medical imaging, but they may also need to be skilled in cardiology and intensive care. The initial clinical and imaging examinations play a decisive role in the management strategy. This book, written by neurologists and neuroradiologists, is designed to help all physicians involved in the management of neurovascular disease. The format and contents of this book, including the latest guidelines from learned societies, are designed to provide a succinct and practical guide. Although this book is particularly devoted to ischaemic stroke, other neurovascular diseases, especially haemorrhagic stroke, are also discussed. This book should constitute a valuable tool for everyday practice for all medical personnel involved in neurovascular disease.
- Practical methods in cardiovascular research 2005, Springer
- Practical neuroangiography. 3rd ed. 2013, OvidMachine generated contents note: SECTION I Techniques and Safety -- 1.History and Introduction -- 2.Performing a Cerebral Arteriogram -- 3.Spinal Angiography: Technical Aspects -- 4.Pediatric Neuroangiography: Technical Aspects -- 5.Safety and Complications -- 6.Radiation Risks and Safety -- SECTION II Anatomy -- 7.Embryology of the Cranial Circulation -- 8.Aortic Arch -- 9.The Circle of Willis -- 10.The Internal Carotid Artery -- 11.The Anterior Cerebral Artery -- 12.The Middle Cerebral Artery -- 13.The Posterior Cerebral Artery -- 14.The Extradural Vertebral Arteries -- 15.The Arteries of the Posterior Fossa -- 16.The Venous System -- 17.The External Carotid Artery and Extracranial Circulation -- SECTION III Vascular Diseases: Diagnosis and Treatment -- 18.Intracranial Aneurysms, Diagnosis and Treatment -- 19.Vascular Malformation of the Brain -- 20.Cranial Dural Vascular Malformations -- 21.Vascular Malformations of the Spine -- 22.Pediatric Ischemic Stroke and Arteriopathy --Contents note continued: 23.Carotid-Cavernous Fistulas -- 24.Nonaneurysmal Perimesencephalic Subarachnoid Hemorrhage -- 25.ENT Bleeding and Tumor Embolization -- 26.Reversible Cerebral Vasoconstriction Syndrome -- 27.Vasculitides Involving the Central Nervous System -- 28.Bow Hunter's Stroke -- 29.Dural Sinus Occlusive Disease -- 30.Cerebral Vasospasm -- 31.Angioplasty and Stenting of Atherosclerotic Disease -- 32.Endovascular Treatment of Ischemic Stroke -- 33.Vein of Galen Malformations.
- Prevention of stroke 2002, CRCnetBASE
- Preventive cardiology 2004, HighWire
- Principles of miniaturized extracorporeal circulation 2013, SpringerMinimal extracorporeal circulation (MECC) systems have been designed in order to reduce dramatically the side-effects of conventional extracorporeal circulation while serving as a safe perfusion technique for open heart surgery with cardiopulmonary bypass. However, the low penetration of this technology in contemporary practice means that few surgical centres have accumulated sufficient experience to share it with the scientific community. Furthermore, much of the knowledge on the use of MECC systems in cardiac surgery is widely dispersed in the literature. This book aims to provide an up-to-date and comprehensive overview of MECC, offering practical advice on how to use MECC systems for those new to the field as well as tips, pitfalls, results, and latest developments. It also offers a systematic review of all published studies on a variety of MECC systems. The book will enable physicians to gain a better understanding of these new systems as well as to understand the rationale for their use in cardiac surgery. MECC requires a multidisciplinary approach, and this book will serve as an essential reference for all health care professionals working in the cardiac surgical operating room, in particular cardiothoracic surgeons, anaesthesiologists, and perfusionists.
- Proceedings of the 61st Annual Fall Conference and Scientific Sessions of the American Heart Association Council for High Blood Pressure Research, held September 26 to 29, 2007 in Tucson Ariz. 2008, HighWire
- Proceedings of the International Merck Symposium on HDL Raising Beyond LDL-C Reduction: New Paradigms in the Reduction of Cardiovascular Risk 2005, HighWire
- Pulmonary vascular disorders 2012, KargerUpdated clinical classification of pulmonary hypertension -- Pathology of pulmonary arterial hypertension -- Invasive rest and exercise hemodynamics in the modern management of pulmonary vascular disease: an expanding role in the future -- Exercise testing in pulmonary arterial hypertension -- Noninvasive exploration of the pulmonary circulation and the right heart -- Biomarkers in pulmonary arterial hypertension -- Genetics of pulmonary arterial hypertension and the concept of heritable pulmonary arterial hypertension -- Drug- and toxin-induced pulmonary arterial hypertension -- Idiopathic pulmonary arterial hypertension and its prognosis in the modern management era in developed and developing countries -- Pulmonary arterial hypertension complicating connective tissue disorders -- Pulmonary arterial hypertension and HIV and other viral infections -- Portopulmonary hypertension and hepatopulmonary syndrome -- Pulmonary hypertension in congenital heart diseases -- Pulmonary hypertension in sickle cell disease -- Schistosomiasis and pulmonary hypertension -- Pulmonary veno-occlusive disease -- Pulmonary hypertension and left heart disease -- Pulmonary hypertension in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease -- Pulmonary hypertension complicating interstitial and granulomatous lung diseases -- High-altitude pulmonary hypertension -- Acute pulmonary venous thromboembolic disease -- Anticaogulation for venous thromboembolism in the modern management era -- Chronic thromboembolic pulmonary hypertension -- Medical treatment of pulmonary arterial hypertension -- Lung transplantation and role for novel extracorporeal support in pulmonary hypertension -- Artrial septostomy -- Pulmonary vascular disorders in hereditary hemorrhagic telangiectasia -- Future perspectives in pulmonary arterial hypertension.
- Pulse waves 2012, Springer
- Renal vascular disease 2014, SpringerThis book describes the recent advances in the understanding of the development and management of renal vascular disease (RVD). Current perspectives regarding the epidemiology of atherosclerotic RVD, its clinical manifestations, and the interaction with injury pathways related to the kidney have evolved considerably, and the widespread introduction of non-invasive methods for identification of RVD using ultrasound, CT, and MR imaging has allowed more facile identification of these diseases than ever before. Renal Vascular Disease provides an accessible, up-to-date summary of the pathophysiology and management of RVD. The clinical paradigms that are emerging in the field, both in regards to RVD and its role in chronic kidney disease (CKD), cardiovascular risk, and the cardiorenal syndromes are discussed in this comprehensive text, making it an essential resource for clinicians and investigators who tackle the challenges of RVD.
- Resistant hypertension 2013, SpringerA growing number of people suffer from so-called resistant hypertension, that is to say, high blood pressure that does not respond to treatment. This disorder is of great current interest and importance for public health, being a common clinical problem faced by both primary care clinicians and specialists. Furthermore, as older age and obesity are among the strongest risk factors for uncontrolled hypertension, the incidence of resistant hypertension will likely increase as the population becomes more elderly and heavier. While the prognosis of resistant hypertension is unknown, cardiovascular risk is undoubtedly increased since patients often have a history of long-standing, severe hypertension complicated by multiple other cardiovascular risk factors. This volume, compiled by a panel of world-renowned experts, offers a comprehensive exploration of resistant hypertension, covering epidemiology, complex diagnostic aspects, and the therapeutic options currently available, with due attention to overall treatment strategies. New therapeutic agents and procedures, such as renal denervation and baroreceptor stimulation, are also described. In addition, the book addresses the economic aspects of resistant hypertension and the role of the different professional figures, from GPs to hypertension specialists, in dealing with it.
- Retinal vascular disease 2007, SpringerI. Pathogenesis of retinal vascular disease -- 1 Functional anatomy, fine structure and basic pathology -- 2 Retinal vascular development -- 3 Retinal angiogenesis and growth factors -- 4 Hematopoietic stem cells in vascular development and ocular neovascularization -- 5 Inflammation as a stimulus for vascular leakage and proliferation -- 6 The neuronal influence on retinal vascular pathology -- 7 Hypoxia in the pathogenesis of retinal disease -- 8 Blood retinal barrier -- 9 Retinal blood flow -- 10 Genetic approach to retinal vascular disease -- II. General concepts in the diagnosis and treatment of retinal vascular disease -- 11 A practical guide to fluorescein angiography -- 12 Optical coherence tomography in the diagnosis of retinal vascular disease -- 13 General concepts in laser treatment for retinal vascular disease -- 14 The role of photodynamic therapy in retinal vascular disease -- 15 Cryosurgery in retinal vascular disease -- 16 Vitrectomy in retinal vascular disease: surgical principles -- 17 Treatment of rubeotic secondary glaucoma -- 18 Intravitreal injections: guidelines to minimize the risk of endophthalmitis --III. Pathology, clinical course and treatment of retinal vascular diseases -- 19 Grading of diabetic retinopathy -- 20 Retinopathy of prematurity -- 21 Vascular occlusive disease -- 22 Vascular abnormalities -- 23 Vasculopathy after treatment of choroidal melanoma -- 24 Vasculopathies with acute systemic diseases -- 25 Inflammatory vascular disease -- 26 Hypertensive retinopathies -- 27 Sickle cell retinopathy and hemoglobinopathies -- 28 Vascular tumors of the retina.
- Right ventricle in adults with tetralogy of Fallot 2012, Springer
- Sclerotherapy. 5th ed. / 2011, ScienceDirect
- G-protein-coupled receptor signaling -- Implication of G-proteins in cardiocascular diease / Madhu B. Anand-Srivastava -- B-adrenoceptor-linked signal transduction mechanisms in congestive heart failure / Melissa R. Dent...[et al.] -- Cardic G(alpha)s and G(alpha)i modualte sympathetic versus parasympathetic mechanisms on hyperhomocysteinemia / Thoma P. Vacek...[et al.] -- The role of the beta-adrenergic signal transduction pathway in myocardial protection / Johan Moolman...[et al.] -- Angiotensin II signaling in vascular physiology and pathophysiology / Neils Engberding, Kathy K. Greindling -- Angiotensin II signaling: cell growth and apoptosis / Stephen W. Shaffer, Mahmood S. Mozaffari -- Redox signaling -- Thioredoxin signaling in the ischemic heart / Dipak k. Das, Shyamal K. Goswami -- Relationship between redox regulation and B-adrenergic responses in the heart / Belma Turan -- Role of hyperglycemia and redox-induced signaling in vascular complications of diabetes / Ashok K. Srivastava, Madhu B. Anand-Srivastava -- Methylglyoxal and insulin resistance / Lingyun Wu -- Growth factor signaling -- Role of growth factor receptor transactivation in vasoactive peptide-induced signaling pathways in vascular smooth muscle cells / Ali Boullegue, Ashok K. Shrivastava -- Identifying the cellular and molecular events associated with the divergent phenotypes of cardic hypertrophy / Angelino Calderone -- Regulatory role of TGF-B in cardic myofibroblast function and post-MI cardic Fibosis: key roles of Smad7 and c-Ski / Ian M.C. Dixon...[et al.] -- The signaling duel between virus and host: Impact on Coxsackieviral Pathogenesis / Xiaonung Si...[et al.] -- Therapeutic angiogenesis and vasculogenesis for ischemic disease / Nilanjana Maulik -- VEGF signaling: a therapeutic target for cardiovascular disease / Dhanya Handrasekharan Rajalakshmi...[et al.] -- Myristoyl-CoA: protein N-Myristoyltransferase and Myristoyl-CoA binding protein from bovine cardiac muscle / Ponniah Selvakumar, Rajendra K. Sharma -- Calcium signaling -- Ca(2+)/calmodulin-dependent protein kinase II signaling in vascular smooth muscle / Suzanne J. House...[et al.] -- The KCa3.1 channel of endothelial cells as new target for EDHF-based control of cascular tone: from structure to regulation and pharmacological properties / Umberto Banderali...[et al.] -- Adipokine signaling -- Leptin signaling in the cardiovascular system / Morris karmazyn...[et al.] -- AMPK regulation of cardiac metabolism in heart disease / Ding An, Min-Suk Kim, Brian Rodigues.
- Special issues in hypertension 2012, Springer
- Stroke essentials for primary care 2009, Springer
- Stroke genetics 2013, SpringerOver the last decade there has been a substantial increase in our understanding of the genetic basis of common disorders such as stroke. Stroke Genetics is designed to give the reader an overall understanding of the genetics of complex diseases by using stroke as a paradigm. The reader will gain a comprehensive understanding of cerebrovascular genetics including the epidemiological evidence for the genetic basis of ischemic and hemorrhagic stroke, knowledge of its molecular basis from association, linkage and recent genome-wide studies, and also monogenic disorders. Finally, the legal and ethical complexities in dealing with these issues are discussed. Â Stroke Genetics benefits from the contribution of renowned experts from throughout the world who have been intimately involved in unraveling the genetic etiology of stroke. Stroke Genetics is a valuable resource for neurologists, stroke physicians, hypertension specialists, internists, clinical pharmacologists and those in training, as well as researchers in the field of disease genetics.
- Stroke prevention in atrial fibrillation 2012, Future MedAntithrombotic management of atrial fibrillation / Ron Pisters & Harry J. Crijns -- Overview of stroke in atrial fibrillation / Hans-Christoph Diener -- Stroke risk assessment in atrial fibrillation / Stavros Apostolakis & Gregory Y.H. Lip -- Treatment recommendations and guidelines / Laurent Fauchier, Nicolas Clementy & Dominique Babuty -- Pharmacological stroke prevention: antithrombotic drugs / Christian Weimar & Ralph Weber -- Pharmacological stroke prevention : RAS inhibitors / Ole Dyg Pedersen & Christian Torp-Pedersen -- Stroke prevention : antiarrhythmic treatments / A. John Camm & Irina Savelieva -- Nonpharmacological stroke prevention strategies in atrial fibrillation patients / Alessandro Montecalvo & Ralph J. Damiano -- Antithrombotic management in the acute coronary syndrome setting / Andrea Rubboli -- Periprocedural reversal & bridging of anticoagulant treatment / Marcel Levi, Elise Eerenberg & Pieter Willem Kamphuisen -- Clinical barriers to the use of recommended stroke prevention therapy / Robby Nieuwlaat -- Novel antithrombotic agents & future directions / Renee M. Sullivan & Brian Olshansky -- Index.
- Stroke prevention in clinical practice 2008, Springer
- Stroke recovery with cellular therapies 2008, SpringerSafety and efficacy of transplanting immortalized neural stem cells in stroke patients -- Transplantation of bone marrow stromal cells for the treatment of stroke -- Cord blood cells as a treatment for stroke -- Adipose-derived stem cells as a potential therapy for stroke -- Novel imaging modalities to monitor implanted embryonic stem cells in stroke -- Cell transplantation for intracerebral hemorrhage -- Therapeutic strategies employing endogenous neural stem cells in tissue remodeling following ischemic injury: the promise, the peril and novel future applications -- Ethics and stem cell research -- Special conditions in the design of clinical stroke trials for cell transplantation.
- Surgical management of cerebrovascular disease 2010, SpringerMicrosurgical principles for anterior circulation aneurysms -- Treatment of ruptured cerebral aneurysms: clip and coil, not clip versus coil -- Distal anterior cerebral artery aneurysms -- Treatment of complex intracranial aneurysms of anterior circulation using multiple clips -- Overview of spontaneous cervicocephalic arterial dissection in Japan -- Incidence of intracranial arterial dissection in non-emergency outpatients complaining of headache: preliminary investigation with MRI/MRA examinations -- A study of vertebrobasilar artery dissection with subarachnoid hemorrhage -- Surgical treatment of intracranial VA dissecting aneurysm -- Management of spontaneous dissection of the cervical carotid artery -- Natural history of arteriovenous malformations: presentation, risk of hemorrhage and mortality -- Present state of microneurosurgery of cerebral arteriovenous malformations -- Management of dural arteriovenous fistulas: Helsinki and Kuopio experience -- The rationale behind "a randomized trial of unruptured brain AVMs" (ARUBA) -- Posterior circulation EC-IC bypass via supracerebellar transtentorial SCTT approach applied in a young patient with congenital multiple occlusive cerebrovascular anomalies: case report and technical note -- Superficial temporal artery-to-middle cerebral artery anastomosis with encephalo-duro-myo-synangiosis as a modified operative procedure for moyamoya disease -- Long-term results of carotid endarterectomy and carotid stenting -- Application of microscope integrated indocyanine green video-angiography during microneurosurgical treatment of intracranial aneurysms: a review -- Principles of neuroanesthesia in stroke surgery -- Prevention of symptomatic vasospasm by continuous cisternal irrigation with mock-CSF containing ascorbic acid and Mg2+.
- Sutureless anastomoses 2007, Springer
- Syncope 2011, Springer
- Systemic vasculitis 2012, Springer
- Sect. I: Pulmonary arteries, aorta, peripheral vessels -- Sect. II: Coronary arteries -- Sect. III: Intracardiac masses -- Sect. IV: Endocardium and valves -- Sect. V: Pericardium and myocardium -- Sect. VI: Congenital heart disease.
- Textbook of cardiovascular intervention 2014, SpringerCatheter-based interventions have evolved to address a variety of needs through innovation and clinical evidence.The field of interventional cardiology and interventional vascular medicine now comprises the dominant diagnostic and therapeutic field within cardiovascular medicine, and continues to grow in terms of patients managed and physicians trained. Given the vast expansion of technologies, techniques, and the clinical evidence base, it can be challenging for the practicing clinician, fellow-in-training, or technology developer to maintain general knowledge of the interventional cardiovascular field.The Textbook of Cardiovascular Intervention is intended to provide a practical, comprehensive and compact text on interventional cardiology for the current, rapidly evolving practice environment. It will appeal to fellows, residents and physicians in cardiology, interventional cardiology, cardiothoracic and vascular surgery, vascularand endovascular medicine, neurointerventional radiology and surgery, emergency medicine and intensive care.
- Textbook of pulmonary vascular disease 2011, Springer
- Therapeutic angiogenesis for vascular diseases 2011, Springer
- Thrombolytic therapy for acute stroke. 2nd ed. 2005, Springer
- Translational approach to heart failure 2013, SpringerPathophysiology of Heart Failure: Back to Basics -- Heart Failure with Normal Left Ventricular Ejection Fraction -- Basic Principles and Clinical Diagnostics -- 17 Cardiorenal Syndrome Revisited -- Doppler Echocardiography in the Clinical Evaluation of Heart Failure: What Clinicians Need to know and Echocardiographers Should Report -- Back to Earth: 'Common sense' in the Management of Heart Failure -- Atrial Fibrillation and Heart Failure: Rate versus Rhythm Control -- Repetitive ICD Shocks and Incessant VTs in Heart Failure: What to Do? -- Dyssynchronous Heart Failure: From Bench to Bedside -- 18 Telemonitoring and Sensor Technologies in Chronic Heart Failure -- Functional Mitral Regurgitation: the Surgeons's Perspective -- Percutaneous Approaches to Treat Functional Mitral Regurgitation: Current State of Affairs and Future Perspectives -- Tailored Approach to Functional Mitral Regurgitation -- Revascularization and Left Ventricular Reconstruction in a Patient with Ischemic Heart Failure: to STICH or not to STICH? -- Cardiac arrest en Refractory Cardiogenic Shock -- Left Ventricular Assist Devices -- From Bridge to Transplant to Destination Therapy -- Novel Device-based Strategies in Treatment of Chronic Heart Failure -- Total Artificial Heart -- Stem Cell Therapy for Ischemic Heart Disease -- Immunosuppressive Management of the Heart Transplant Recipient.
- Translational stroke research 2012, Springerpt. 1.Theoretical Overview --Vascular Targets for Ischemic Stroke Treatment /Sara Morales Palomares and Marilyn J. Cipolla --Identifying Vascular Targets to Treat Hemorrhagic Stroke /Paul A. Lapchak --Experimental Platforms for Assessing White Matter Pathophysiology in Stroke /Ken Arai, Loc-Duyen D. Pham and Eng H. Lo --Neuroprotection in Stroke /Aarti Sarwal, Muhammad Shazam Hussain and Ashfaq Shuaib.pt. 2.Mechanisms & Targets --Protein Aggregation and Multiple Organelle Damage After Brain Ischemia /Chunli H. Liu, Fan Zhang, Tibor Krisrian, Brian Polster and Gary M. Fiskum, et al. --Antioxidants and Stroke: Success and Pitfalls /Fernanda M. F. Roleira, Elisiário J. Tavares-da-Silva, Jorge Garrido and Fernanda Borges --Caspase-Independent Stroke Targets /Ruoyang Shi, Jiequn Weng, Paul Szelemej and Jiming Kong --Hypoxia-Inducible Factor: A New Hope to Counteract Stroke /Chunhua Chen and Changman Zhou --Thrombin in Ischemic Stroke Targeting /Bo Chen --Toll-Like Receptor Agonists as Antecedent Therapy for Ischemic Brain Injury: Advancing Preclinical Studies to the Nonhuman Primate /Frances Rena Bahjat, Keri B. Vartanian, G. Alexander West and Mary P. Stenzel-Poore --Angiogenesis and Arteriogenesis as Stroke Targets /Jieli Chen and Michael Chopp --Hematopoietic Growth Factor Family for Stroke Drug Development /Ihsan Solaroglu and Murat Digicaylioglu --Soluble Epoxide Hydrolase as a Stroke Target /Jonathan W. Nelson and Nabil J. Alkayed --Membrane Potential as Stroke Target /Jens P. Dreier, Maren Winkler, Dirk Wiesenthal, Michael Scheel and Clemens Reiffurth --Hypothermia to Identify Therapeutic Targets for Stroke Treatment /Masaaki Hokari and Midori A. Yenari --Stroke Preconditioning to Identify Endogenous Protective or Regenerative Mechanisms /Liren Qian, Prativa Sherchan and Xuejun Sun --microRNAs in Ischemic Brain: The Fine-Tuning Specialists and Novel Therapeutic Targets /Ashutosh Dharap, Venkata P. Nakka and Raghu Vemuganti --Neuroglobin: A Novel Target for Endogenous Neuroprotection /Zhanyang Yu, Ning Liu and Xiaoying Wang --Characterization of Novel Neuroprotective Lipid Analogues for the Treatment of Stroke /Pamela Maher, Alain César Biraboneye and Jean-Louis Kraus --Na+/H+ Exchangers as Therapeutic Targets for Cerebral Ischemia /Yejie Shi and Dandan Sun --Iron as a Therapeutic Target in Intracerebral Hemorrhage: Preclinical Testing of Deferoxamine /Ya Hua, Richard F. Keep, Yuxiang Gu and Guohua Xi --Potential Therapeutic Targets for Cerebral Resuscitation After Global Ischemia /Yan Xu --The Splenic Response to Ischemic Stroke: Neuroinflammation, Immune Cell Migration, and Experimental Approaches to Defining Cellular Mechanisms /Christopher C. Leonardo, Hilary Seifert and Keith R. Pennypacker.pt. 3.Translational Models --Overcoming Barriers to Translation from Experimental Stroke Models /Ludmila Belayev --Animal Models of Stroke for Preclinical Drug Development: A Comparative Study of Flavonols for Cytoprotection /Carli L. Roulston, Sarah McCann, Robert M. Weston and Bevyn Jarrott --Clinical Relevance in a Translational Rodent Model of Acute Ischemic Stroke: Incorporating the Biological Variability of Spontaneous Recanalization /Kama Guluma --A Clinically Relevant Rabbit Embolic Stroke Model for Acute Ischemic Stroke Therapy Development: Mechanisms and Targets /Paul A. Lapchak --Animal Models of Intracranial Aneurysms /Elena I. Liang, Hiroshi Makino, Yoshiteru Tada, Kosuke Wada and Tomoki Hashimoto --Animal Models of SAH and Their Translation to Clinical SAH /Tommaso Zoerle and R. Loch Macdonald.pt. 4.De-risking of Drug Candidates --ADME (Absorption, Distribution, Metabolism, Excretion): The Real Meaning-Avoiding Disaster and Maintaining Efficacy for Preclinical Candidates /Katya Tsaioun and Steven A. Kates --CeeTox Analysis to De-risk Drug Development: The Three Antioxidants (NXY-059, Radicut, and STAZN) /Paul A. Lapchak.pt. 5.Therapy Delivery --Site-Specific, Sustained-Release Drug Delivery for Subarachnoid Hemorrhage /R. Loch Macdonald --Therapeutic Potential of Intranasal Delivery of Drugs and Cells for Stroke and Other Neurological Diseases /Heyu Chen, Caibin Sheng, Weiliang Xia and Weihai Ying.pt. 6.Therapy Development --High-Dose Albumin for Neuroprotection in Acute Ischemic Stroke: From Basic Investigations to Multicenter Clinical Trial /Myron D. Ginsberg --The Translation Procedure of Low-Level Laser Therapy in Acute Ischemic Stroke: A Nonpharmaceutics Noninvasive Method /Yair Lampl --Use of Microbubbles in Acute Stroke /Marta Rubiera and Carlos A. Molina --Transcranial High-Intensity Focused Ultrasound for Sonothrombolysis in Stroke /Thilo Hölscher, Golnaz Ahadi, Daniel Lotz, Cheryl Schendel and David Fisher, et al. --Cellular Therapy for Ischemic Stroke /Todd Deveau, Shan Ping Yu and Ling Wei.pt. 7.Clinical Trial Design --Repair-Based Therapies After Stroke /Steven C. Cramer --A Critical Review of Stroke Trial Analytical Methodology: Outcome Measures, Study Design, and Correction for Imbalances /Pitchaiah Mandava, Chase S. Krumpelman, Santosh B. Murthy and Thomas A. Kent --Metabolic Imaging in Translational Stroke Research /Krishna A. Dani and Keith W. Muir --Computational Analysis: A Bridge to Translational Stroke Treatment /Nirmalya Ghosh, Yu Sun, Christine Turenius, Bir Bhanu and Andre Obenaus, et al. --Innovations in Stroke Clinical Trial Design /Karen L. Furie, Michael K. Parides and Michael K. Parides.Pt. 1. Theoretical overview -- pt. 2. Mechanisms and targets -- pt. 3. Translational models -- pt. 4. De-risking of drug candidates -- pt. 5. Therapy delivery -- pt. 6. Therapy development -- pt. 7. Clinical trial design.
- Translational vascular medicine 2012, Springer
- Trends in neurovascular interventions 2014, SpringerThis book covers topical issues in neurovascular surgery, and in particular the management of intracranial aneurysms, arteriovenous malformations, and cavernomas, current trends in cerebral revascularization, and new concepts in cerebrovascular imaging. The contents reflect the continuing developments in interventions in cerebrovascular disorders as a result of progress in neuroimaging, evolution of pathophysiological concepts, new clinical trials, and technological innovations. The chapters are all written by acknowledged experts from across the world, and comprise original papers presented at the 6th European Japanese Stroke Surgery Conference, held in June 2012 in Utrecht, The Netherlands. The book will be of value to all who are interested in the latest developments in the field and offers fascinating insights into varied perspectives and techniques.
- Two symposia 2004, HighWire
- Ultrasonography in vascular diagnosis. 2nd ed. 2011, SpringerFundamental principles -- Peripheral arteries -- Peripheral veins -- Shunts -- Extracranial cerebral arteries -- Visceral and retroperitoneal vessels -- Penile and scrotal vessels.
- Ultrasound and carotid bifurcation atherosclerosis 2012, Springer
- Update on clopidogrel and dual anti-platelet therapy 2006, HighWire
- Valvular heart disease in clinical practice 2009, SpringerThe Mitral Valve Disease / Michael Henein and John Pepper -- Aortic Valve Disease / Michael Henein and Joseph Maalouf -- Right Heart Valve Disease / Michael Henein -- Pulmonary Valve Disease / Michael Henein and Wei Li -- Stress Echo in Valvular Heart Disease / Eugenio Picano -- Valve Substitutes / John Chambers -- Native and Prosthetic Valve Endocarditis / Maurizio Galderisim and Sergio Mondillo.
- Vascular biology protocols 2007, Springer ProtocolsRat carotid artery balloon injury model / David A. Tulis -- Histological and morphometric analyses for rat carotid balloon injury model / David A. Tulis -- Plaque rupture model in mice / Takeshi Sasaki, Kae Nakamura and Masafumi Kuzuya -- Immunostaining of mouse atherosclerotic lesions / Hong Lu, Debra L. Rateri and Alan Daugherty -- Surgical animal model of ventricular hypertrophy / Giuseppe Marano and Alberto U. Ferrari -- Animal models of hypertension / Brett M. Mitchell, Thomas Wallerath and Ulrich Förstermann -- Rat models of cardiac insulin resistance / Sanjoy Ghosh, Brian Rodrigues and Jun Ren -- The Isolated, perfused pseudo-working heart model / Gary J. Grover and Rajni Singh -- Altering and analyzing glucose metabolism in perfused hearts of transgenic mice / Rajakumar V. Donthi and Paul N. Epstein -- Methods in the evaluation of cardiovascular renin angiotensin aldosterone activation and oxidative stress / Camila Manrique -- Detection and quantification of apoptosis in the vasculature / Wendy A. Boivin and David J. Granville -- Endothelial progenitor cell and mesenchymal stem cell isolation, characterization, viral transduction / Keith R. Brunt, Sean R. R. Hall, Christopher A. Ward, and Luis G. Melo -- Assessment of endothelial damage/dysfunction: a focus on circulating endothelial cells / Christopher J. boos, Andrew D. Blann, and Gregory Y. H. Lip -- Evaluation of endothelial function by in vivo microscopy / Rosario Scalia -- Hapotaxis of endothelial cell migration under flow / Steve Hsu, Rahul Thakar, and Song Li -- Isolation, culture, and functional analysis of adult mouse cardiomyocytes / Ronglih Liao and Mohit Jain -- Mechanical measurement of contractile function of isolated ventricular myocytes / Loren E. Wold and Jun Ren -- Studying ischemia and reperfusion in isolated neonatal rat ventricular myocytes using coverslip hypoxia / Kelly R. Pitts and Christopher F. Toombs -- Isolation and functional studies of rat aortic smooth muscle cells / Nair Sreejayan and Xiaoping Yang -- Detection of reactive oxygen species and nitric oxide in vascular cells and tissues / Hua Cai, Sergey Dikalow, Kathy K. Griendling, and David G. Harrison -- Assessment of protein glycoxidation in ventricular tissues / Shi-Yan Li and Jun Ren -- Assessment of PI-3 kinase and Akt in ischemic heart diseases in diabetes / Takashi Matsui and Amy J. Davidoff -- Two-dimensional gel electrophoresis in platelet proteomics research / Ángel García -- Stem cell therapy in the heart and vasculature / Loren E. Wold, Wangde Dai, Joan S. Dow, and Robert A. Kloner.
- Vascular complications in human disease 2008, Springer
- Vascular dementia 2005, SpringerThe aging population and the importance of vascular dementia / Kelly L. Lange and Robert H. Paul -- Clinical forms of vascular dementia / Gustavo C. Román -- Neuropathological substrates of vascular ischemic dementia / Kurt A. Jellinger -- Diagnosis of vascular dementia : conceptual challenges / José G. Merino and Vladimir Hachinski -- Cerebral hemodynamics in the elderly / Jorge M. Serrador and Lewis A. Lipsitz -- The cadasil syndrome and other genetic causes of stroke and vascular dementia / Stephen Salloway and Sophie Desbiens -- Estrogen, the cerebrovascular system, and dementia / Sharon X.C. Yang and George A. Kuchel -- Hypertension and cerebrovascular disease : effects of hypertension on young and middle-aged rhesus monkeys / Mark B. Moss and Elizabeth M. Jonak -- The cognitive profile of vascular dementia / Angela Lee Jefferson ... [et al.] -- Progression of cognitive impairments associated with cerebrovascular disease / Sally Stephens ... [et al.] -- Neuropsychiatric correlates of vascular injury : vascular dementia and related neurobehavioral syndromes / Anand Kumar, Helen Lavretsky, and Ebrahim Haroon -- Functional impairment in vascular dementia / Patricia A. Boyle and Deborah Cahn-Weiner -- Functional brain imaging of cerebrovascular disease / Ronald Cohen ... [et al.] -- Contributions of subcortical lacunar infarcts to cognitive impairment in older persons / Dan Mungas --White matter hyperintensities and cognition / David J. Moser, Jason E. Kanz, and Kelly Davis Garrett -- Poststroke dementia : the role of strategic infarcts / Anelyssa D'Abreu and Brian R. Ott -- Understanding incidence and prevalence rates in mixed dementia / John Gunstad and Jeffery Browndyke -- Vascular basement membrane abnormalities and alzheimer's disease / Edward G. Stopa, Brian D. Zipser, and John E. Donahue -- Amyloid beta and the cerebral vasculature / Paula Grammas -- Cerebrovascular disease and the expression of Alzheimer's disease / Margaret M. Esiri and Zsuzsanna Nagy -- The neuropsychological differentiation between Alzheimer's disease and subcortical vascular dementia / David J. Libon ... [et al.] -- Pharmacological treatment of vascular dementia / Timo Erkinjuntti ... [et al.] -- Understanding and managing caregiver burden in cerebrovascular disease / Geoffrey Tremont, Jennifer Duncan Davis, and Mary Beth Spitznagel -- Quality of life in patients with vascular dementia / Rebecca E. Ready and Brian R. Ott -- Approaches to neuroprotection and recovery enhancement after acute stroke / Marc Fisher and Magdy Selim.
- Vascular interventional radiology-- angioplasty, stenting, thrombolysis and thrombectomy 2007, Springer
- Vascular interventional radiology-- current evidence in endovascular surgery. 2nd ed. 2012, SpringerThe Aetiology of Vascular Disease /R. D. Wells --Assessment of Peripheral Vascular Disease /Mark G. Cowling --Equipment and Environment /Vikramaditya Prabhudesai --Consent in Interventional Radiology /F. Coccia and J. S. Freedman --Drugs Used in Vascular Interventional Radiology /Gordon Dent and Mark G. Cowling --Day Case Vascular Intervention /Ounali S. Jaffer, Dean Y. Huang and Paul S. Sidhu --Sites of Arterial Access and the Role of Closure Devices in Percutaneous Arterial Intervention /Jon K. Bell and Nicholas Chalmers --Aortoiliac Intervention /Rafiuddin Patel and Anthony A. Nicholson --Femoropopliteal Arterial Intervention /Stefan Müller-Hülsbeck and Heide Preuss --Crural Arterial Interventions /J. Reekers --Thrombolysis, Mechanical Thrombectomy and Percutaneous Aspiration Thrombectomy /Gerard S. Goh, Robert Morgan and Anna-Maria Belli --Upper Limb Arterial Intervention /Douglas R. Turner and Steven M. Thomas --Carotid and Vertebral Artery Intervention /Stephen D. Goode and Trevor J. Cleveland --Management of Renal and Visceral Arterial Stenoses /M. G. Cowling --Endovascular Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm Repair /Andrew England, Micheal Murphy and Richard G. McWilliams --Endovascular Repair of Thoracic Aortic Aneurysms /H. Rousseau, J. Auriol, C. Lions, V. Benouaich and E. Grunenwald, et al. --Endovascular Repair of Iliac, Visceral and False Aneurysms /Ralph Jackson and John Rose --Dialysis Access Management /J. R. Asquith --Management of Venous Stenoses and Venous Thrombosis /J. R. Asquith --Inferior Veno-Caval Filters /Matthew Matson --Management of Venous Insufficiency /D. J. West.
- Vascular liver disease 2011, Springer
- Vascular mechanics and pathology 2007, Springer
- Vascular mechanisms in CNS trauma 2014, SpringerVascular Mechanisms in CNS Trauma focuses on the vascular aspects of brain and spinal cord trauma.Twenty nine chapters are arranged in three sections:Molecular Mechanisms; Experimental Models and Methods; and Clinical Challenges and Opportunities. The first section addresses topics in the basic biology of brain and spinal cord trauma, ranging from the pathophysiology of cerebral endothelial cells and gliovascular interactions to the role of stem cells in neurovascular repair. The second section covers experimental methods in rodent and in large animal models of CNS injury, as well as the use of biomaterials and biomarkers in studying the mechanisms of tissue response. The third section deals with clinical issues in the monitoring and treatment of the patient with traumatic injury of the brain and spinal cord. Contributors to the book include an integrated mix of basic scientists and clinicians from diverse institutions. By presenting salient issues in CNS trauma from a vascular perspective, this book should make a unique contribution to the understanding of traumatic brain and spinal cord injury.
- Vascular surgery 2012, SpringerAneurysmal Disease --Infrarenal Aortic Aneurysms: New Technologies /Laura E. White, Heitham T. Hassoun --Treatment of Suprarenal and Juxtarenal AAA with Fenestrated Grafts and Debranching Procedures /Heather P. Park, Mark A. Farber --Surgeon-Modified Fenestrated and Branched Stent Grafts /Nikolaos Tsilimparis, Joseph J. Ricotta II --Pelvic Revascularization During Endovascular Aortic Aneurysm Repair /Javairiah Fatima, Gustavo S. Oderich --Management of Endoleak Following Endovascular Aneurysm Repair /Andrew Misselt, Jafar Golzarian --Thoracic Endovascular Aortic Repair (TEVAR): New Horizons /Jonathan Bath, Jae-Sung Cho --Thoracic Aneurysms: Endovascular Procedures for Debranching of Ascending and Isolated Arch Aneurysms /Basel Ramlawi, Michael J. Reardon, Alan B. Lumsden --Aortic Dissection /Vikas A. Pandey, M. Hamady --Endovascular Treatment of Traumatic Thoracic Aortic Rupture, Ruptured TAA and AAA /Manish Mehta, Philip S. K. Paty, Sean P. Roddy --Laparoscopic and Robotic Aortic Surgery /Jean Bismuth --Popliteal Artery Aneurysm: Endovascular Surgery /Munier Nazzal, Viviane Kazan --Occlusive Disease --Carotid Artery Stenting: Current Status /Rabih A. Chaer, Michel S. Makaroun --Mesenteric Artery Occlusive Disease /Panos Kougias --Treatment of Renal Artery Stenosis and Fibromuscular Dysplasia /Daynene Vykoukal, Javier E. Anaya-Ayala, Mark G. Davies --Aortoiliac Occlusive Disease /George Pisimisis, Carlos F. Bechara --Femoropopliteal Endovascular Interventions /Melhem J. Sharafuddin, Parth B. Amin, Rachael M. Nicholson --Venous Disease --Venous Insufficiency, Varicose Veins, and Perforators /Eric K. Peden, Nyla Ismail --Deep Venous Thrombosis /Hossam F. El-Sayed --Retrievable Inferior Vena Cava Filters /Joseph J. Naoum --Miscellaneous --First Rib Resection and Thoracoscopic Cervical Sympathectomy /Mohammad Bashir, Joss Dean Fernandez, Kalpaj Parekh.
- Vascular surgery. 3rd ed. 2011, Springer
- Vascular surgery. 3rd ed., rev. and expanded. 2004, CRCnetBASE
- Vasculitis in clinical practice 2010, SpringerDefinitions -- Classification and epidemiology -- General presentation of the vasculitides -- General principles of treatment -- Giant cell arteritis -- Takayasu arteritis -- Wegener's granulomatosis -- Churg-Strauss syndrome -- Microscopic polyangiitis -- Polyarteritis nodosa -- Kawasaki disease -- Henoch-Schonlein purpura -- Behcet's dsease -- Cryoglobulinemic vasculitis -- Vasculitis mimics -- Secondary vasculitis -- Primary angiitis of the central nervous system vasculitis -- Relapsing polychondritis -- Cogan's syndrome.
- Visceral vascular manipulations 2011, ScienceDirect
- Vortex formation in the cardiovascular system 2012, SpringerVortex Formation in the Cardiovascular System will recapitulate the current knowledge about the vortex formation in the cardiovascular system, from mechanics to cardiology. This can facilitate the interaction between basic scientists and clinicians on the topic of the circulatory system. The book begins with a synopsis of the fundamentals aspects of fluid mechanics to give the reader the essential background to address the proceeding chapters. Then the fundamental elements of vortex dynamics will be discussed, explaining the conditions for their formation and the rules governing their dynamics. The main equations are accompanied by mathematical models. Cardiovascular vortex formation is first analyzed in physiological, healthy conditions in the heart chambers and in the large arterial vessels. The analysis is initially presented with an intuitive appeal grounded on the physical phenomena and a focus on its clinical significance. In the proceeding chapters, the knowledge gained from either clinical or basic science literature will be discussed. The corresponding mathematical elements will finally be presented to ensure the adequate diligence. The proceeding chapters ensue to the analysis of pathological conditions, when the reader may have developed the ability to recognize normal from abnormal vortex formation phenomenon. Pathological vortex formation represents vortices that develop at sites where normally laminar flow should exist, e.g. stenosis and aneurisms. This analysis naturally leads to the interaction of vortices due to the surgical procedures with respect to prediction of changes in vortex formation. The existing techniques, from medical imaging to numerical simulations, to explore vortex flows in the cardiovascular systems will also be described. The presentations are accompanied by the mathematical definitions can that be understandable for reader without the advanced mathematical background, while an interested reader with more advanced knowledge in mathematics can be referred to references for further quantitative analyses. The book pursues the objective to transfer the fundamental vortex formation phenomena with application to the cardiovascular system to the reader. This book will be a valuable support for physicians in the evaluation of vortex influence on diagnosis and therapeutic choices. At the same time, the book will provide the rigorous information for research scientists, either from medicine and mechanics, working on the cardiovascular circulation incurring with the physics of vortex dynamics.
- White matter injury in stroke and CNS disease 2014, SpringerThe first book to provide a systematic expert summary of normal white matter morphology as well as white matter injury following stroke and other CNS injuries. White matter injury can result from both ischemic and hemorrhagic stroke as well as a host of other CNS diseases and conditions such as neonatal injuries, neurodegenerative disorders including Alzheimer's disease, traumatic brain injuries, carbon monoxide poisoning, and drug or alcohol overdoses. The extent of white matter injury is extremely important to patient outcomes. Several recent technological developments including advanced neuroimaging and the breeding of new rodent models of white matter injury have provided growing insight into initial damage and repair after a stroke or other damaging event.
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- AAP Red Book Online
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Sabiston Textbook of Surgery
- Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics
- Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics
- Mandell, Douglas, & Bennett's Principles & Practice of Infectious Diseases
- Red Book Online
- ICU Book
- Primary Care Medicine
- Campbell-Walsh Urology
Shortcut to Licensed Content
Bookmark on other websites
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Links” (IE7) or “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
- Once installed it will look like this
- Click "Bookmark on Lane" to bookmark any webpage
- Your saved bookmark will appear on this page
What is it?
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) gives you access to resources licensed by the library even when you're not coming from a Lane or a Stanford IP address.
While we'd like Lane to be your gateway to our licensed content, we recognize that links to books, articles and journals come from a variety of different sources (Google, your email, RSS reader, etc.).
When installed, it will look your browser bookmark.
At the page you would like to proxy, click the "Lane Gateway to Licensed Content" to invoke it.
If Lane licenses that content, you'll get access as if you were on campus.
How does it work?
This allows you to view the URL as though you were on campus, giving you access to materials licensed for use by the Stanford academic community.
If you're not authenticated, you'll be prompted for your SUNetID and password.
Don't see the Toolbar, Bookmarks, or Links or Favorites bar?
From the "View" menu, select "Toolbars" & choose "Bookmarks Toolbar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Show Bookmarks Bar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Always Show Bookmarks Bar"
- Right-click in a clear area near the browser address bar
- In the menu, check a box next "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites" (IE8, IE9)
- Managing IE Favorites
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) only works with resources Lane has licensed and configured to work with our proxy server.
If invoked on a resource we do not license and/or have not yet configured, you will see an error message:
The Lane proxy server cannot complete your request because this host has not been configured properly.
We make no attempt to configure our proxy server for every resource, only those we license and for which a Stanford IP address grants access.
Drag this button onto your browser toolbar to install.
- Right click this button
- Select "Add to Favorites", click "Continue" if you see a security alert
- In "Create in" menu, select "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites Bar" (IE8, IE9) to install
Drag this button onto Safari Bookmarks bar to install.
- Springer Protocols
- MD Consult
- Lange Series
- National Academy Press
- NCBI Bookshelf
- Thieme Atlases