Books by Subject
Vascular DiseasesAccess restricted to Stanford unless otherwise noted
- Endovascular interventions a case-based approach 2014, SpringerPart I: Basic MRI Principles.- A Brief History of Magnetic Resonance Imaging -- Fundamentals of Magnetic Resonance Imaging -- The Relaxation Concept in MRI -- MRI Pulse Sequences -- MR Imaging Parameters and Options -- Part II: MR Safety, Patient Positioning, Protocol Design, Graphical Prescription and MR Applications for Anatomical Regions.- Introduction to Safe Clinical Scanning -- Central Nervous System: MRI Protocols, Imaging Parameters and Graphical Prescriptions -- Musculoskeletal Imaging: MRI Protocols, Imaging Parameters and Graphical Prescriptions -- Body Imaging: MRI Protocols, Imaging Parameters and Graphical Prescriptions -- Cardiovascular Imaging: MRI Protocols, Imaging Parameters and Graphical Prescriptions -- Breast Imaging: MRI Protocols, Imaging Parameters and Graphical Prescriptions.
- Endovascular surgery. 4th ed. 2011, ClinicalKeyIn the 4th edition, Drs. Wesley S. Moore, Samuel S. Ahn, and a host of experts guide you through the latest developments in this innovative field. New procedures and special features, such as key points and case reviews, help illustrate effective patient care, and new topics such as endoscopic management of aneurismal disease and traumatic injuries review with you the latest endovascular surgical techniques. Broaden your surgical skills with new chapters on endoscopic management of aneurismal disease and traumatic injuries, and review a valuable new section covering the TIPS Procedure for Portal Hypertension, Anesthetic Management for Endovascular Procedures, the Use of Coil Embolization in Endovascular Surgery, and more. An in-depth, core reference on the best practices and techniques in endovascular surgery. Perfect for both the training vascular surgeon who needs a comprehensive view of endovascular surgery as well as a refresher on current techniques and optimal outcomes for the practitioner.
- Enemies of the myocytes 2002, HighWire
- Enemies to the vessel wall 2002, HighWire
- Cardiovascular Disease Prevention in Clinical Practice 2007 Fourth Joint European Societies' Task Force on Cardiovascular Disease Prevention in Clinical Practice -- -- Arterial Hypertension 2007 ESH-ESC Task Force on the Management of Arterial Hypertension of the European Society of Hypertension (ESH) and of the European Society of Cardiology (ESC) -- Diabetes, Pre-diabetes and Cardiovascular Diseases 2007 The Task Force on Diabetes and Cardiovascular Diseases of the European Society of Cardiology (ESC) and of the European Association for the Study of Diabetes (EASD) -- Non-ST-segment Elevation Acute Coronary Syndromes 2007 The Task Force for the Diagnosis and Treatment of Non-ST-Segment Elevation Acute Coronary Syndromes of the European Society of Cardiology -- AMI in Patients Presenting with Persistent ST-Segment Elevation 2008 The Task Force on the Management of ST-Segment Elevation Acute Myocardial Infarction of the European Society of Cardiology -- Stable Angina Pectoris 2006 The Task Force on the Management of Stable Angina Pectoris of the European Society of Cardiology -- Myocardial Revascularisation 2011 Joint Task Force on Myocardial Revascularisation of the European Society of Cardiology (ESC) and the European Association of Cardio-Thoracic Surgery (EACTS). Developed with the special contribution of the European Association for Percutaneous Cardiovascular Interventions (EAPCI) -- Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy 2003 The Task Force on Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy of the American College of Cardiology Foundation and the European Society of Cardiology Committee for Practice Guidelines -- Pericardial Diseases 2004 The Task Force on the Diagnosis and Management of Pericardial Disease of the European Society of Cardiology -- Grown-up congenital heart disease 2011 The Task Force on the Management of Grown-up Congenital Heart Disease of the European Society of Cardiology (ESC). Endorsed by Association for European Paediatric Cardiology (AEPC) -- Neonatal Electrocardiogram 2002 The Task Force for the interpretation of the Neonatal Electrocardiogram of the European Society of Cardiology -- Cardiovascular Disease during Pregnancy 2003 The Task Force on the Management of Cardiovascular Diseases during Pregnancy of the European Society of Cardiology -- Valvular Heart Disease 2007 The Task Force on the Management of Valvular Heart Disease of the European Society of Cardiology -- Infective Endocarditis 2009 The Task Force on the Prevention, Diagnosis and Treatment of Infective Endocarditis of the European Society of Cardiology (ESC), endorsed by the European Society of Clinical Microbiology, Infectious Diseases (ESCMID) and by the International Society of Chemotherapy (ISC) for Infection and Cancer -- Pulmonary Hypertension 2009 The Task Force for the Diagnosis and Treatment of Pulmonary Hypertension of the European Society of Cardiology (ESC) and the European Respiratory Society (ERS), endorsed by the International Society of Heart and Lung Transplantation (ISHLT) and by the Association for European Paediatric Cardiology (AEPC) -- Supraventricular Arrhythmias (SVA) 2003 A Report of the American College of Cardiology/American Heart Association Task Force on Practice Guidelines and the European Society of Cardiology Committee for Practice Guidelines (Writing Committee to Develop Guidelines for the Management of Patients with Supraventricular Arrhythmias) -- Atrial Fibrillation 2010 The Task Force for the Management of Patients with Atrial Fibrillation (2010 Version) of the European Society of Cardiology (ESC) Developed with the special contribution of the European Heart Rhythm Association Endorsed by the European Association for Cardio-Thoracic Surgery (EACTS) -- Syncope 2009 The Task Force for the Diagnosis and Treatment of Syncope of the European Society of Cardiology (ESC) Developed in collaboration with the European Heart Rhythm Association (EHRA)¹, the Heart Failure Association (HFA)² and the Heart Rhythm Society (HRS)³ Endorsed by the following societies: European Society of Emergency Medicine (EuSEM)⁴, European Federation of Internal Medicine (EFIM)⁵, European Union Geriatric Medicine Society (EUGMS)⁶, American Geriatrics Society (AGS), European Neurological Society (ENS)⁷, American Autonomic Society (AAS)⁸, European Federation of Autonomic Societies (EFAS)⁹ -- Ventricular Arrhythmias and the Prevention of Sudden Cardiac Death 2006 A Report of the American College of Cardiology/American Heart Association Task Force and the European Society of Cardiology Committee for Practice Guidelines (Writing Committee to Develop Guidelines for the Management of Patients With Ventricular Arrhythmias and the Prevention of Sudden Cardiac Death) Developed in Collaboration With the European Heart Rhythm Association and the Heart Rhythm Society -- Cardiac Pacing and Cardiac Resynchronization Therapy 2007 ESC Task Force on Cardiac Pacing and Cardiac Resynchronization Therapy Developed in collaboration with the European Heart Rhythm Association -- Universal Definition of Myocardial Infarction 2007 The joint ESC-ACCF-AHA-WHF Task Force for the Redefinition of Myocardial Infarction -- Acute and Chronic Heart Failure 2008 The Task Force on Heart Failure of the European Society of Cardiology (ESC) Developed in collaboration with the Heart Failure Association of the ESC (HFA) -- Device Therapy in Heart Failure 2011 The Task Force for an update of the 2008 ESC Guidelines for the diagnosis and treatment of acute and chronic heart failure and the 2007 ESC Guidelines for cardiac resynchronization therapy. Developed with the special contribution of the Heart Failure Association (HFA) and the European Heart Rhythm Association (EHRA) of the ESC -- Preoperative Cardiac Risk Assessment and Perioperative Cardiac Management in Non-Cardiac Surgery 2009 The Task Force for Preoperative Cardiac Risk Assessment and Perioperative Cardiac Management in Non-Cardiac Surgery of the European Society of Cardiology (ESC), endorsed by the European Society of Anaesthesiology (ESA).
- Essential guide to blood coagulation. 2nd ed. 2013, WileySchematic presentation of the hemostatic system / Nils Egberg -- Proposals for sampling instructions / Margareta Blombäck and Nils Egberg -- Laboratory investigations / Jovan P. Antovic, Liselotte Onelöv, and Nils Egberg -- Hereditary bleeding disorders / Margareta Holmström and Lars-Göran Lundberg -- Critical bleeding / Maria Bruzelius, Anna Ågren, and Hans Johnsson -- Investigation of increased bleeding tendency / Margareta Holmström and Lars Göran Lundberg -- Venous thrombosis and pulmonary embolism / Anders Carlsson -- Investigations of thromboembolic tendency / Margareta Holmström -- Heart disease / Håkan Wallen and Rickard Linder -- Antiplatelet drug therapy and reversal of its effects / Håkan Wallen, Hans Johnsson, and Bo-Michael Bellander -- New oral anticoagulants : focus on currently approved oral factor Xa and thombin inhibitors / Rickard E. Malmström and Hans Johnsson -- Stroke and transient ischemic attack / Nils Wahlgren and Mia von Euler -- Peripheral artery surgery / Jesper Swedenborg -- Hemostasis in obstetrics and gynecology / Katarina Bremme -- Hemostasis in children / Susanna Ranta and Pia Petrini -- Emergency conditions associated with coagulation : DIC, HIT, and TTP/HUS / Jovan P. Antovic and Margareta Holmström.
- Essential interventional cardiology. 2nd ed. 2008, ClinicalKeyThis title is directed primarily towards health care professionals outside of the United States. This book has been prepared by professionals working in the UK. It covers the basic principles and practice of interventional cardiology, vascular and non-vascular, written specifically for the general cardiologist. Designed to facilitate easy access to key information, it contains numerous line illustrations, diagrams, graphs, and charts. The entire spectrum of interventional cardiology is covered in an easy-to-read format. In this new edition are fifteen new chapters written by experts from around the world. The excellent appendix of trials in interventional cardiology has been fully updated making this the best available source on how to apply trials to clinical practice. Includes editors and contributors from the US and Europe for a truly international perspective. Begins each chapter with 6-10 key points written in bullet format that summarize important concepts in the chapter, making reference a snap.
- Evidence and perspectives on n-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids in cardiovascular disease Proceedings of the "Consensus Meeting : Clinical Effect, Biological Background, and Research Priorities on n-3 Fatty Acids", Research Centre of the Italian National Association of Hospital Cardiologists (ANMCO), Florence, Italy, 17-19 February 2000. 2001, HighWire
- Evolving role of angiotensin receptor blockade in cardiovascular disease conference proceedings, Montreux, Switzerland, 24-25, April, 2004 2004, HighWire
- General and vascular ultrasound case review. 2nd ed. 2007, ClinicalKeyPart of the popular Case Review series, this outstanding Board review book presents over 200 unknown cases--complete with over 350 state-of-the-art images, questions, answers, commentary, references, and more--to enhance your imaging interpretation skills in general and vascular ultrasound. Discussions incorporate the most recent knowledge from the literature in this field, providing an excellent review for both residents and practitioners. Follows the format of the Boards, and offers case studies similar to those likely to be found on exams, for a realistic preparation for the test-taking experience. Presents cases in 3 overall categories--from least to most difficult--to build your skills in a cumulative way. Offers cross references to Ultrasound: The Requisites, 2nd Edition, so it's easy to find in-depth information on any subject.
- Genes and cardiovascular function 2011, Springerpt. 1. Genes and the heart -- pt. 2. Development and gender -- pt. 3. Mitochondrial diseases -- pt. 4. Ischemic heart disease -- pt. 5. Hypertension and arrhythmias -- pt. 6. Hypertrophy and failure.
- Genetic cardiomyopathies a clinical approach 2013, Springer
- Genomics of pattern recognition receptors applications in oncology and cardiovascular diseases 2013, Springer
- Guide to peripheral and cerebrovascular intervention 2004, NCBI Bookshelf
- Fully revised and updated, the Handbook serves as a practical guide to endovascular methods and as a concise reference for neurovascular anatomy and published data about cerebrovascular disease from a neurointerventionalist's perspective. Divided into three parts, the book covers:* Fundamentals of neurovascular anatomy and basic angiographic techniques; * Interventional Techniques and endovascular methods, along with useful device information and tips and tricks for daily practice; * Specific Disease States, with essential clinical information about commonly encountered conditions.New features in the 2nd Edition include:* Global Gems that illuminate aspects of the field outside the United States;* Angio-anatomic and angio-pathologic image correlates;* Newly released clinical study results influencing neurointerventional practice;* Information on emerging technologies in this rapidly advancing field.The Handbook is a vital resource for all clinicians involved in neurointerventional practice, including radiologists, neurosurgeons, neurologists, cardiologists, and vascular surgeons.
- Handbook of endovascular interventions 2013, SpringerHandbook of Endovascular Interventions presents a step-wise approach to the techniques of peripheral vascular interventions. Covering interventions in all major organ systems, this concise and comprehensive resource provides the rationale on why these approaches have been adopted by most practicing vascular interventionalists. This volume also presents key information on intervention techniques and pitfalls, complications and their management, surgical management options, as well as landmark papers on the topic. Unique to this book is the inclusion of sections building an endovascular suite, and coding as well as international training paradigms across the globe.Authored by international experts from around the globe, Handbook of Endovascular Interventions is a true how-to book for the busy interventionalist.
- Handbook of endovascular peripheral interventions 2012, Springer
- Handbook of stroke. 2nd ed. 2006, OvidSystematic clinical assessment -- Historical evaluation of key signs and symptoms -- General medical review -- General examination -- Neurologic examination -- Approach to the comatose patient -- Laboratory evaluation -- Differential diagnosis made easy: general approach -- Temporal profile of ischemic cerebrovascular diseases -- Telephone interview and triage -- Management of acute stroke in critically ill patients -- Transient ischemic attack and minor cerebral infarction: general evaluation and treatment -- Major cerebral infarction: general evaluation and treatment -- Subarachnoid hemorrhage: general evaluation and treatment -- Intracerebral hemorrhage: general evaluation and treatment -- Four major categories of ischemic cerebrovascular disease: identification and treatment -- Five major categories of hemorrhagic disease: treatment of specific underlying mechanisms -- Cerebral venous thrombosis -- Other cerebrovascular syndromes --Vascular disease of the spinal cord -- Cerebrovascular disease in children and young adults -- Cerebrovascular disease in pregnant patients -- Cerebrovascular disease genetics -- Modifiable lifestyle and environmental factors -- Asymptomatic carotid and vertebral stenosis -- Hypertension -- Dyslipidemia -- Other host factors -- Unruptured intracranial aneurysms -- Unruptured intracranial vascular malformations -- Hematologic disease -- Carotid or vertebral artery occlusive disease -- Transient ischemic attack -- Cerebral infarction -- Intracerebral hemorrhage -- Subarachnoid hemorrhage -- Physical therapy -- Speech therapy -- Other chronic complications of stroke -- Family and patient education.
- Handbook on cerebral venous thrombosis 2008, KargerAnatomy of cerebral veins and sinuses -- Epidemiology of cerebral vein and sinus thrombosis / Agnelli, G., Verso, M. -- Risk factors of cerebral vein and sinus thrombosis / de Freitas, G.R., Bogousslavsky, J. -- Thrombophilia and cerebral vein thrombosis / Iorio, A. ... [et al.] -- Clinical presentations of cerebral vein and sinus thrombosis / Paciaroni, M., Palmerini, F., Bogousslavsky, J. -- Headache and cerebral vein and sinus thrombosis / Alberti, A., Venti, M., Biagini, S. -- Radiological diagnosis of cerebral venous thrombosis / Selim, M., Caplan, L.R. -- Role of ultrasound in diagnosis and management of cerebral vein and sinus thrombosis / Stolz, E.P. -- Cerebral venous thrombosis in newborns, infants and children / Yager, J.Y. ... [et al.] -- Treatment of cerebral venous and sinus thrombosis / Masuhr, F. -- Interventional neuroradiology in the treatment of cerebral venous thrombosis / Caso, V., Billeci, A.M.R., Leys, D. -- Complications of cerebral vein and sinus thrombosis / Ferro, J.M., Canhao, P. -- Long-term prognosis of cerebral vein and sinus thrombosis / Lindgren, A.
- Handbook on neurovascular ultrasound 2006, KargerPhysical and technical principles / Evans, D.H. -- Arterial wall imaging / Devuyst, G., Piechowski-Jóźwiak, B., Bogousslavsky, J. -- Endothelial function testing / Csiba, L. -- Atherosclerotic carotid stenosis and occlusion / Sitzer, M. -- Ultrasound diagnostics of the vertebrobasilar system / von Büdingen, H.-C., Staudacher, T., von Büdingen, H.J. -- Ultrasound diagnosis of cervical artery dissection / Benninger, D.H., Baumgartner, R.W. -- Intracranial dural arteriovenous and carotid-cavernous fistulae and paragangliomas / Gandjour, J., Baumgartner, R.W. -- Takayasu and temporal arteritis / Schmidt, W.A. -- Transcranial insonation / Baumgartner, R.W. -- Intracranial stenoses and occlusions, and circle of Willis collaterals / Baumgartner, R.W. -- Acute stroke: perfusion imaging / Seidel, G., Meyer-Wiethe, K. -- Sonothrombolysis: experimental evidence / Daffertshofer, M., Hennerici, M. --Acute stroke: therapeutic transcranial Doppler sonography / Mikulik, R., Alexandrov, A.V. -- Acute stroke: therapeutic transcranial color duplex sonography / Eggers, J. -- Cerebral aneurysms and arteriovenous malformations / Klötzsch, C., Harrer, J.U. -- Cerebral veins and sinuses / Stolz, E. -- Detection of microembolic signals with transcranial Doppler ultrasound / Georgiadis, D., Siebler, M. -- Contrast-enhanced transcranial Doppler ultrasound for diagnosis of patent foramen ovale / Nedeltchev, K., Mattle, H.P. -- Cerebral autoregulation and vasomotor reactivity / Aaslid, R. -- Cerebral circulation monitoring in carotid endarterectomy and carotid artery stenting / Ackerstaff, R.G.A. -- Syncope / Nirkko, A.C., Baumgartner, R.W. -- Functional transcranial Doppler sonography / Lohmann, H., Ringelstein, E.B., Knecht, S. -- Future developments in neurovascular ultrasound / Meairs, S., Hennerici, M.
- Health-related quality of life in cardiovascular patients 2013, SpringerThe genesis of health : evolution of the concept of health-related quality of life -- Quality of life in hypertensive patients -- Quality of life in patients with coronary artery disease -- Quality of life in patients after coronary interventional treatment -- Quality of life in patients with chronic heart failure -- Quality of life in patients with cardiac rhythm disturbances -- Quality of life in patients with implantable cardiac devices -- Quality of life after stroke.
- Heart and circulation an integrative model 2014, SpringerWhat drives the circulation? In this comprehensive review of existing circulation models, the conventional view that the heart is a pressure-propulsion pump is challenged. The existing models fail to explain an increasing number of observed circulatory phenomena. A unifying circulation model is proposed in which the blood, responding to metabolic demands of the tissues, is the primary regulator of cardiac output. This new model arises from accumulated clinical and experimental evidence. The heart, rather than being an organ of blood propulsion, assumes a secondary role and generates pressure by impeding the flow of blood. This is supported by examples from the fields of early embryonic circulation, comparative phylogeny, functional morphology, exercise physiology and a range of clinical scenarios. The Heart and Circulation: An Integrative Model offers a paradigm shift in the understanding of circulatory phenomena. It will become a valuable resource for all those clinicians, researchers, educators and students who, having been confronted with the paradox of the circulation, are looking for a broader interpretation.
- Hemodynamics and cardiology neonatology questions and controversies. 2nd ed. 2012, ScienceDirectFulltext ClinicalKeyNeonatal hemodynamics -- Principles of developmental cardiovascular physiology and pathophysiology -- Principles of developmental cardiovascular physiology and pathophysiology -- Autoregulation of vital and nonvital organ blood flow in the preterm and term neonate -- Definition of normal blood pressure range: the elusive target -- Diagnosis of neonatal shock: methods and their clinical applications -- Methods to assess systemic and organ blood flow in the neonate -- Functional echocardiography in the neonatal intensive care unit -- Assessment of cardiac output in neonates: techniques using the Fick principle, pulse wave form analysis, and electrical impedance -- Near-infrared spectroscopy and its use for the assessment of tissue perfusion in the neonate -- Clinical applications of near-infrared spectroscopy in neonates -- Advanced magnetic neuroimaging techniques in the neonate with a focus on hemodynamic-related brain injury -- Cardiovascular magnetic resonance in the study of neonatal hemodynamics -- Assessment of the microcirculation in the neonate -- Clinical presentations and relevance of neonatal shock -- Clinical presentations of neonatal shock: the very low birth-weight neonate during the first postnatal day -- Very low birth weight neonate with hemodynamically significant ductus arteriosus during the first postnatal week -- Preterm neonate with cardiovascular and adrenal insufficiency -- Shock in the surgical neonate -- Hemodynamics and brain injury in the preterm neonate -- Fetal and neonatal cardiology -- Embryonic and fetal development -- Genetics of fetal and neonatal cardiovascular disease -- Human cardiac development in the first trimester -- Reappraisal of normal and abnormal cardiac development -- Fetal and neonatal cardiology -- New concepts for training the pediatric cardiology workforce of the future -- Current role of fetal echocardiography -- Clinical evaluation of cardiovascular unction in the human fetus -- Cardiac surgery in the neonate with congenital heart disease -- Regional blood flow monitoring in the perioperative period -- Mechanical pump support and cardiac transplant in the neonate -- Catheter-based therapy in the neonate with congenital heart disease -- Hybrid management techniques in the treatment of the neonate with congenital heart disease.
- Introduction to the field of hemostasis and thrombosis -- Basic principles of hemostasis and thrombosis. Coagulation and fibrinolysis ; Platelet biology ; Vascular biology -- Disorders of coagulation, platelets, and vessel wall. Bleeding disorders of coagulation and fibrinolysis ; Acquired and inherited platelet disorders ; Primary disorders of blood vessels ; Therapy of bleeding disorders -- Thrombotic disorders. Venous thrombotic disorders ; Arterial thrombotic disorders ; Complex thrombotic disorders ; Therapeutic agents -- Hemostatic and thrombotic disorders associated with systemic conditions.
- How to set up an acute stroke service 2012, SpringerStroke is a leading cause of death and disability throughout the world. Intravenous lytics and endovascular stroke treatment were demonstrated to be highly beneficial in clinical trials and in achieving net cost savings. However, time is of the essence in the management of stroke as for every minute that stroke is left untreated, an estimated 1.9 million neurons are destroyed. An optimized stroke pathway can dramatically impact patient outcome. Every medical service will differ.This book offers a concise and practical guide on how to set up and efficiently run an acute stroke service tailored to the needs of the individual center as a provider of primary, secondary, or tertiary care. It documents the essential knowledge on current imaging and treatment options and offers guidance in organizing a site-specific stroke pathway that will ensure the quickest possible provision of treatment, thereby optimizing benefit to the patient and maximizing cost-effectiveness. The authors played an integral part in the development and operation of one of Europe's most successful early stroke centers and also have experience of the factors that can undermine the creation of world-class stroke units. On this basis, they address the key aspects of the stroke pathway and explain how organizing this can reduce the number of severe outcomes by ensuring that appropriate steps are taken during the early moments after stroke when intervention can make a profound difference. The challenging, multidisciplinary nature of care is emphasized, and this handbook will be an invaluable source for every member of the stroke team, including doctors, nurses, stroke coordinators, emergency and rehabilitation providers as well as hospital administrators.
- Hypertension 2013, Future MedUpdate on hypertension, its genetics, epidemiology, mechanisms, clinical approaches and novel treatments / Ernesto L. Schiffrin & Rhian M. Touyz -- Definition & diagnosis of hypertension / Ernesto L. Schiffrin -- Epidemiology of hypertension / Stanley S. Franklin & Nathan D. Wong -- Genetics of hypertension / Christian Delles -- Hemodynamics / Joseph L. Izzo Jr. -- Role of the kidney in hypertension / John E. Hall, Jussara M. do Carmo, Alexandre A. da Silva, Zhen Wang & Michael E. Hall -- Renin-angiotensin-aldosterone system : new concepts / Aurelie Nguyen Dinh Cat, Augusto C. Montezano & Rhian M. Touyz -- Endothelin system : roles in hypertension / Yohann Rautureau & Ernesto L. Schiffrin -- CNS pathways contributing to sympathetic hyperactivity and hypertension / Frans H.H. Leenen -- Hypertensive vascular disease / Carmine Savoia & Ernesto L. Schiffrin -- Hypertensive heart disease / Javier Díez -- Classification and diagnosis of hypertension / Clive Rosendorff -- Hypertension and cardiovascular risk / Maria Czarina Acelajado & Suzanne Oparil -- Lifestyle modifications / Franz Messerli & Tiberio Frisoli -- Antihypertensive agents / Domenic A. Sica -- Treatment of hypertension / Ross D. Feldman -- Clinical practice guidelines / Sheldon W. Tobe, Diane Hua & Patrick Twohig -- Resistant hypertension / David A. Calhoun -- Index.
- Hypertension and cardiovascular disease in women 2008, HighWire
- Hypertension a clinical guide 2014, CRCnetBASEHypertension has become a major public health hazard not only in industrialized nations, but also in emerging economies. Early detection combined with effective treatment is imperative to reduce the risk of patients developing premature cardiovascular disease and accelerated atherosclerosis. A clear, concise resource, Hypertension: A Clinical Guide is of practical value to primary care doctors around the world who treat patients with hypertension every day. The book explores both fundamental and practical aspects, including epidemiology, risk, treatment, and secondary causes. After discussing methods of diagnosis and evaluation, the book explores a range of pharmacological and non-pharmacological treatment options. Specialized chapters address topics such as hypertensive emergencies, hypertension in pregnancy and renal disease, renovascular hypertension, primary hyperaldosteronism, and pheochromocytoma. Illustrated with photos and tables, this volume is essential reading for physicians, nurses, and allied health professionals with an interest in hypertension whether in primary care, in hospitals, or in training.
- Hypertension and stroke pathophysiology and management 2011, SpringerBlood pressure: definition, diagnosis, and management -- The link between hypertension and stroke: summary of observational epidemiological studies -- Blood pressure control and primary prevention of stroke: summary of clinical trial data -- Mechanisms underlying essential hypertension: neurogenic and nonneurogenic contributors -- Pathophysiology and mechanisms whereby hypertension may cause stroke -- Cardiovascular risk assessment and summary of guidelines for the management of hypertension -- Acute blood pressure management after ischemic stroke -- Hypertensive encephalopathy and acute blood pressure management after hemorrhagic stroke -- Recurrent stroke prevention I: diuretic and angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitors (ACEIs): the PROGRESS trial -- Recurrent stroke prevention II: angiotensin receptor blockers: the LIFE, MOSES, PRoFESS, and other trials -- A practical guide to recurrent stroke prevention -- Vascular cognitive impairment and Alzheimer disease: are these disorders linked to hypertension and other cardiovascular risk factors? -- Cerebral small vessel disease, hypertension, and cognitive function -- Cerebral microbleeds, small-vessel disease of the brain, hypertension, and cognition -- Imaging effects of hypertension on the brain: a focus on new imaging modalities and options -- The Joint Commission's initiatives to improve stroke care and what it means for acute stroke care and prevention.
- Hypertension in the elderly 2005, SpringerThe importance of hypertension in the geriatric population / Ray W. Gifford and L. Michael Prisant -- Age-related changes in the cardiovascular system / R. Clinton Webb and Edward W. Inscho -- Aging, arterial stiffness, and systolic hypertension / Joseph L. Izzo -- Pharmacological and pharmacodynamic alterations in the elderly: application to cardiovascular therapies / Domenic A. Sica -- Epidemiology of hypertension in the older patient / William B. Kannel and Peter W. F. Wilson -- Nonpharmacological trials in the older patient / L. Michael Prisant and Dean U. Harrell -- Clinical trials of hypertension in older patient / L. Michael Prisant -- Blood pressure measurement in the older patients with hypertension / Jose Ramiro Arias-Vera and William B. White -- Clinical evaluation of the elderly hypertensive / L. Michael Prisant and Thomas W. Jackson -- Hypertension in the elderly: endocrine causes of secondary hypertension / Carlos M. Isales -- Diagnosis and management of hypertensive renal and renovascular disease in the elderly / Wanpen Vongpatanasin and Ronald G. Victor -- Heart failure in the older hypertensive patient / L. Michael Prisant ... [et al.] --Management of ischemic heart disease in the older hypertensive patient: evaluation and management / Jan Laws Houghton -- Cerebrovascular disease in the elderly hypertensive / Fenwick T. Nichols, III -- Diuretics and beta-adrenergic blockers in the management of hypertension in the elderly / William C. Cushman -- Assessment of the role ace inhibitors in the elderly / Domenic A. Sica -- Use of angiotensin receptor blockers in the elderly / L. Michael Prisant -- Clinical trials with calcium antagonists in older patients with hypertension / William B. White and Sumeska Thavarajah -- Alpha-adrenoceptor blockers for management of hypertension in the elderly / James L. Pool -- Combination drug therapy in the elderly / L. Michael Prisant and Laura Lyngby Mulloy -- Attitudes regarding hypertension among older african-american adults / Wallace R. Johnson and Elijah Saunders -- Treatment of hypertension in the elderly diabetic patient / James R. Sowers and L. Michael Prisant -- Management of hypertension in older patients with arthritis / Sumeska Thavarajah and William B. White -- The clinician's role in improving therapeutic adherence and blood pressure control in older hypertensive patients / Brent M. Egan and Eni C. Okonofua.
- Hypertension methods and protocols 2005, Springer Protocols
- Hypertension primer [the essentials of high blood pressure : basic science, population science, and clinical management]. 4th ed. 2008, Ovid
- Hypertension-- a companion to Braunwald's heart disease. 2nd ed. 2013, ClinicalKeyEffectively manage the chronic problems of your hypertensive patients with the practical clinical tools inside Hypertension, 2nd Edition: A Companion to Braunwald's Heart Disease. This respected cardiology reference covers everything you need to know - from epidemiology and pathophysiology through diagnosis, risk stratification, treatment, outcome studies, concomitant diseases, special populations and special situations, and future treatments. Confidently meet the needs of special populations with chronic hypertensive disease, as well as hypertension and concomitant disease. Learn new methods of aggressive patient management and disease prevention to help ensure minimal risk of further cardiovascular problems. Benefit from the authors' Clinical Pearls to reduce complications of hypertension.
- Image-guided interventions. Second edition [2nd ed.] 2014, ClinicalKeyBrief history of image-guided therapy -- Noninvasive vascular diagnosis -- Invasive vascular diagnosis -- Diagnostic catheters and guidewires -- Balloon catheters -- Stents -- Thrombectomy devices -- Embolic protection devices -- Atherectomy devices -- Embolization agents -- Aortic stent-grafts -- Inferior vena cava filters -- Endovascular laser therapy -- Intellectual property management -- Clinical vascular examination -- Treatment of medical emergencies -- Radiation safety and protection in the interventional fluroscopy environment -- Management of risk factors for peripheral artery disease -- Principles of intraprocedural analgesics and sedatives -- Contrast agents -- Principles of thrombolytic agents -- Antiplatelet agents and anticoagulants -- Vasoactive agents -- Antibiotic prophylaxis in interventional radiology -- Angioplasty -- Restenosis -- Principles of arterial access -- Closure devices -- Principles of venous access -- Vascular anatomy of the upper extremity -- Anatomy of the lower limb -- Acute arterial occlusive disease of the upper extremity -- Acute lower extremity ischemia -- Chronic upper extremity ischemia and revascularization -- Aortoiliac revascularization -- Endovascular management of chronic femoropopliteal disease -- Infrapopliteal revascularization -- Subintimal angioplasty -- Management of extremity vascular trauma -- Management of postcatheterization pseudoaneurysms -- Endovascular treatment of peripheral aneurysms -- management of vascular artheritides -- Congential vascular anomalies: classification and terminology -- Management of low-flow vascular malformations -- Management of high-flow vascular anomalies -- Abdominal aorta and the inferior vena cava -- Aortic endografting -- Fenestrated stent-grafting of juxtarenalaortic aneurysms -- Management of thoracoabdominal aneurysms by branched endograft technology -- Endoleaks: classification, diagnosis, and treatment -- Endovascular treatment of dissection ot the aorta and its branches -- Alimentary tract vasculature -- Management of upper gastrointestinal hemorrhage -- Management of lower gastrointestinal bleeding -- Acute mesenteric ischemia -- Chronic mesenteric ischemia -- Renal vasculature -- Renovascular interventions -- Acute renal ischemia -- Renal artery embolization -- Management of renal angiomyolipoma -- Transvenous renal biopsy -- Transjugular liver biopsy -- Chemoembolization of hepatocellular carcinoma -- Radioembolization for hepatocellular carcinoma -- Embolotherapy for the management of liver malignancies other than hepatocellular carcinoma -- Radioembolization of liver metastases -- Bland embolization for hepatic malignancies -- Portal vein embolization -- Vascular intervention in the liver transplant patient -- Management of trauma to the liver and spleen -- Splenic embolization in nontraumatized patients -- Management of visceral aneurysms -- Intraarterial ports for chemotherapy -- Vascular anatomy of the pelvis -- Uterine fibroid embolization -- Peripartum hemorrhage -- Management of pelvic hemorrhage in trauma -- Management of male varicocele -- Management of female venous congestion syndrome.
- Imaging coronary atherosclerosis 2014, Springer
- Imaging of carotid artery stenosis 2007, Springer
- Recent research has revealed the importance of immunological mechanisms and inflammation in delaying damage and/or promoting repair after an acute injury to the central nervous system. This book provides a comprehensive and up-to-date overview of the role of immunological mechanisms and therapies for treating acute neurological injuries such as cerebral ischemia, hemorrhage, and brain and spinal cord trauma. In several sections, the contributing authors provide a review of immunological mechanisms involved in neurological injury and of various translational and clinical research aimed at harnessing those mechanisms for better patient outcomes.
- Importance of right ventricular function in pulmonary hypertension proceedings of a workshop devoted to right ventricular function and pulmonary hypertension Barcelona, Spain, September 2, 2006 2007, HighWire
- Inflammation and atherosclerosis 2012, SpringerCh. 1. Historical reflections on the inflammatory aspects of atherosclerosis -- Ch. 2. Morphology of atherosclerotic lesions -- Ch. 3. Clinical manifestations of atherosclerosis -- Ch. 4. Intra-aortic hematopoietic cells -- Ch. 5. The vascular-associated lymphoid tissue (VALT) -- Ch. 6. Vascular endothelial cells as immunological targets in atherosclerosis -- Ch. 7. The role of adhesion molecules and intimal dendritic cells in the initiation of atherosclerosis -- Ch. 8. Animal models of atherosclerosis -- Ch. 9. A Darwinian-evolutionary concept for atherogenesis: the role of immunity to HSP60 -- Ch. 10. Mediators of vascular inflammation -- Ch. 11. Pentraxins and atherosclerosis -- Ch. 12. Interleukin-33 and atherosclerosis -- Ch. 13. Proteomics of atherosclerosis -- Ch. 14. Adipokines, inflammation, and atherosclerosis -- Ch. 15. Natural antibodies and atherosclerosis -- Ch. 16. NK/NKT cells and atherosclerosis -- Ch. 17. Macrophages and atherosclerosis -- Ch. 18. Host pattern recognition receptors (toll-like receptors, RIG-I-Like receptors, NOD-like receptors) and atherosclerosis -- Ch. 19. Humoral antibodies -- Ch. 20. Adaptive T Cell immunity -- Ch. 21. Immunity to low-density lipoprotein -- Ch. 22. Extracellular matrix and smooth muscle cells -- Ch. 23. The role of infection in atherosclerosis and in plaque stability -- Ch. 24. Inflammatory biomarkers -- Ch. 25. Atherosclerosis in rheumatic diseases -- Ch. 26. Anti-inflammatory therapeutic approaches -- Ch. 27. Vaccination against atherosclerosis -- Ch. 28. Endocrinological aspects of atherosclerosis -- Ch. 29. Imaging of atherosclerosis -- Ch. 30. Future directions of atherosclerosis research and translation into clinical application -- Ch. 31. Controversies and open questions -- Index.
- "This book provides practical hands-on advice on the use of alternative methods of hypertension treatment. It describes mechanisms of high blood pressure and hypertension, common causes of hypertension, and standard medications used to treat the disease and their side effects. The book details alternative methods of treating hypertension, emphasizing their mechanisms of action, similarities to standard medications, and practical implementation advice. Finally, it outlines guidelines for blood pressure goals, categorizes each treatment as medicine or alternative, and suggests ways of implementing an integrative approach to hypertension treatment"--Provided by publisher.
- This book provides an introduction to the principles of both cardiovascular epidemiology and molecular pathophysiology; as a unique aspect, it also outlines and discusses the molecular concepts underlying epidemiological observations. This first volume is focused on the genetic and molecular basis of pathogenesis and the role of environmental factors triggering cardiovascular dysfunctions. The book promotes the use of interdisciplinary approaches in the field of preventive medicine based on recent advances in molecular and cellular pathophysiology. The book offers a valuable resource work for researchers in basic biomedical fields and clinical scientists alike, as well as guidelines for novel avenues of research in both basic pathophysiology and cardiovascular therapy and prevention.
- Intermittent claudication inflammation and system risk 2002, HighWire
- Intracranial vascular malformations and aneurysms from diagnostic work-up to endovascular therapy 2005, Springer
- Intracranial vascular malformations and aneurysms from diagnostic work-up to endovascular therapy. 2nd rev. ed. 2008, Springer
- Introduction to vascular ultrasonography. 6th ed. 2012, ClinicalKey"Now in its 6th edition, Introduction to Vascular Ultrasonography, by Drs. John Pellerito and Joseph Polak, provides an easily accessible, concise overview of arterial and venous ultrasound. A new co-editor and new contributors have updated this classic with cutting-edge diagnostic procedures as well as new chapters on evaluating organ transplants, screening for vascular disease, correlative imaging, and more. High-quality images, videos, and online access make this an ideal introduction to this complex and rapidly evolving technique."--Publisher's website.
- Johns Hopkins textbook of cardiothoracic surgery. 2nd ed. 2014, AccessSurgeryPart I. General thoracic surgery -- Part II. Adult Cardiac Sugery -- Part III. Congenital Cardiac Sugery.
- Kaplan's Clinical hypertension. 9th ed. 2006, OvidHypertension in the population at large -- Measurement of blood pressure -- Primary hypertension: pathogenesis -- Primary hypertension: natural history and evaluation -- Treatment of hypertension: why, when, how far -- Treatment of hypertension: lifestyle modifications -- Treatment of hypertension: drug therapy -- Hypertensive crises -- Renal parenchymal hypertension -- Renovascular hypertension -- Hypertension with pregnancy and the pill -- Pheochromocytoma (with a preface about incidental adrenal masses) -- Primary aldosteronism -- Hypertension induced by cortisol or deoxycorticosterone -- Other forms of identifiable hypertension -- Hypertension in childhood and adolescence.
- Learning cardiac imaging 2010, Springer
- This book is an introduction to interventional radiology. Written in a case-based format, the book is subdivided into ten chapters made up of ten vascular and non-vascular interventional radiology cases. Each case contains illustrations and legends describing the imaging findings and technical details of each intervention, comments from anatomical, physiopathological and radiological standpoints, as well as a description of the interventional procedure and the required interventional devices. The book is aimed at vascular and non-vascular interventional radiologists, vascular surgeons, radiology.
- Lower extremity arterial disease 2005, SpringerClaudication : clinical diagnosis and differential diagnosis / Dennis G. Caralis -- Noninvasive diagnostic evaluation of peripheral arterial disease / Nicholas Labropoulos and Apostolos K. Tassiopoulos -- Smoking and smoking cessation / Albert Bellg and Aristides N. Mavridis -- Peripheral arterial disease and diabetes / George L. Bakris -- Hyperlipidemia in peripheral arterial disease / Ambika Babu, C.R. Kannan, and Theodore Mazzone -- Hypertension and peripheral vascular disease / Anjula Gandhi, Jay Garg, and George L. Bakris -- Physical inactivity is a risk factor for lower extremity arterial disease and coronary heart disease / Dennis G. Caralis and Stamatis Dimitropoulos -- Pathogenesis of atheroslerotic vascular disease / Bassem Jamil Basha, George L. Bakris, and James R. Sowers --Lower extremity arterial disease coexisting with coronary artery disease : management and prognosis / Dennis G. Caralis -- Medical therapy of claudication and lower extremity arterial disease / Dennis G. Caralis -- Exercise therapy for low extremity arterial disease / Peter F. Kokkinos -- Endovascular strategies for management of claudication and lower extremity arterial disease / Michael C. Brunner and Dennis G. Caralis -- Severe lower extremity arterial disease : limb salvage and revascularization failure / Chad E. Jacobs and Walter J. McCarthy.
- Magnetic resonance angiography principles and applications 2012, Springer
- Management of cardiovascular disease in women 2014, Springer"This book summarizes the great progress in the treatment of cardiovascular disease (CVD). Due to improved therapies, preventive strategies and increased public awareness, CVD mortality has been on the decline for both genders. Unfortunately, the decline has been less prominent for women, and CVD remains the leading cause of mortality for women in the United States and is responsible for a third of all deaths of women worldwide. Management of Cardiovascular Disease in Women provides a comprehensive overview of differences in cardiac problems in women including the challenges and limitations of the available literature. Unique aspects to women's heart health such as pregnancy, the impact of emotional stress and other psychosocial issues are discussed by leading experts in the field. They therefore provide important insight to cardiovascular care in women, making this book an essential resource for a wide range of practitioners including cardiologists, primary care providers, internists, and reproductive healthcare professionals."--Publisher's website.
- Management of hypertension in diabetes 2011, Future MedManagement of hypertension in diabetes / Samy I. McFarlane -- Hypertension in diabetes : prevalence, risks and treatment targets / Antonio Coca & Miguel Camafort -- Nonpharmacological management of hypertension in diabetes / Marie-Ève Leblanc, Caroline Rhéaume, Lyne Cloutier, Jean Lefebvre & Paul Poirier -- Pharmacological management of hypertension in diabetes / Tonje A. Aksnes, Sigrid N. Skårn & Sverre E. Kjeldsen -- Role of angiotensin receptor blockers in diabetes / Philippe Akhrass, John N. Makaryus, Amgad N. Makaryus, Arathy Vamadevan & Samy I. McFarlane -- Treatment recommendations and consensus guidelines / Vivencio Barrios Alonso & Carlos Escobar Cervantes.
- Manual of exercise testing. 3rd ed. 2007, ClinicalKey
- Manual of outpatient cardiology 2012, SpringerAn ever growing population of patients are affected by cardiac disease. Most of these diseases are chronic in nature and require long term outpatient follow up. Subsequently, outpatient providers are finding themselves responsible for an increasing number of patients with cardiovascular issues. Appropriate diagnosis and management of cardiac disease is essential to providing high quality care in an efficient manner. There is a wide spectrum of providers involved in the care of these patients, many of which are not cardiologists. The Manual of Outpatient Cardiology is written in a practical, didactic format designed to deliver point-of-care information to practitioners of cardiology and assist non-cardiologists with the efficient management of cardiac disease. Highly illustrated with schematics and useful clinical figures, this book is an essential reference to all outpatient cardiology procedures.
- Manual of thoracic endoaortic surgery 2010, Springer
- Key issues of vascular pathoanatomy / Frank Kolodgie ... [et al.] -- Key issues of vascular pathophysiology / Axel R. Pries, Ivo Buschmann, Helmut Habazettl -- Magnetic resonance imaging / Dietrich Baumgart, Thomas Egelhof -- X-ray coronary angiography / Peter Lanzer -- Intracoronary ultrasound / Anuja Nair ... [et al.] -- Pressure wire / Wilbert Aarnoudse, Cees-joost Botman, Nico H.J. Pijls -- The decision-making process in percutaneous coronary interventions / Lutz Prechelt, Peter Lanzer -- Devices / Wolfram Schmidt, Klaus-Peter Schmitz -- Intracranial vessels / Hans Henkes ... [et al.] -- Internal carotid artery / Peter Lanzer, Ralf Weser -- Coronary arteries / Peter Lanzer, L.D. Timmie Topoleski -- Thoracic aorta / Tim C. Rehders ... [et al.] -- Abdominal aortic aneurysm / Martin Köcher, Petr Utíkal -- Renal arteries / Peter Lanzer, Ralf Weser -- Abdominal aorta, iliac, and lower extremity arteries / Peter Lanzer, Ralf Weser -- Haemodialysis shunts / Dierk Vorwerk -- Venous diseases / Zubin Irani, John A. Kaufman -- Foreign bodies / Haresh G. Mehta, Stephan Windecker, Bernhard Meier.
- Mechanisms of angiogenesis 2005, Springer
- Mechanisms of cardiovascular aging. 1st ed. 2002, ScienceDirect
- Microcirculation in fractal branching networks 2014, SpringerThis book presents a new method for analyzing the structure and function of the biological branching systems of fractal trees, with a focus on microcirculation. Branching systems in humans (vascular and bronchial trees) and those in the natural world (plants, trees, and rivers) are characterized by a fractal nature. To date, fractal studies have tended to concentrate on fractal dimensions, which quantify the complexity of objects, but the applications for practical use have remained largely unexplored. This book breaks new ground with topics that include the human retinal microcirculatory network, oxygen consumption by vascular walls, the Fh raeus-Lindqvist effect, the bifurcation exponent, and the asymmetrical microvascular network. Readers are provided with simple formulas to express functions and a simulation graph with in vivo data. The book also discusses the mechanisms regulating blood flow and pressure and how they are related to pathological changes in the human body. Researchers and clinicians alike will find valuable new insights in these pioneering studies.
- Mitochondria and their role in cardiovascular disease 2013, SpringerPart 1. General principles of mitochondria and the heart -- Introduction to Mitochondria in the Heart -- Methods to Study Mitochondrial Structure and Function -- Mitochondrial Structure, Composition, and Dynamics -- Mitochondrial Biogenesis -- Mechanisms of Bioenergy Production in Mitochondria -- Bioenergetics Interplay Between Cardiac Mitochondria and Other Subcellular Compartments -- Part 2. Heart mitochondria signal transduction. Stem cells -- Endothelial Mitochondria: Contribution to Cardiovascular Function and Disease -- Heart Mitochondria: Receivers and Transmitters of Signals -- Stem Cells and Mitochondria -- Part 3. Stress and cell death -- Heart Mitochondrial ROS and Oxidative Stress -- Cell-Death Pathways and Mitochondria -- Part 4. Mitochondria in Pediatric Cardiology -- Mitochondria in Pediatric Cardiovascular Diseases -- Part 5. The aging heart and mitochondria -- Mitochondria in the Aging Heart -- Part 6. Mitochondria in Atherosclerosis, hypertension and ischemia -- The Role of Mitochondria in Atherosclerosis -- The Role of Mitochondria in Hypertension -- Role of Mitochondria in Ischemia and Cardioprotection -- Part 7. Mitochondria in Heart Failure and Dysrhythmias -- Mitochondrial Dynamics in Health and Disease -- Mitochondria Play an Essential Role in Heart Failure -- Mitochondria and Cardiac Dysrhythmias -- Part 8. Mitochondria in heart metabolism -- Diabetes and Cardiac Mitochondria -- The Role of Mitochondria in the Metabolic Syndrome and Insulin Resistance -- Thyroid Hormone and Myocardial Mitochondria -- Part 9. Mitochondrial Therapy -- Targeting the Mitochondria in Cardiovascular Diseases -- Part 10. Looking to the future of mitochondria and the heart -- Current Progress and Future Perspectives: Toward Mitochondrial Medicine.
- Molecular defects in cardiovascular disease 2011, SpringerCalcium Overloading-Induced Oxidative Stress-Mediated Cellular and Subcellular Remodeling -- Intracellular MMP-2: Role in Normal and Diseased Hearts -- Control of the Mesenchymal-Derived Cell Phenotype by Ski and Meox2: A Putative Mechanism for Postdevelopmental Phenoconversion -- Elevated Na+-H+ Exchanger Expression and Its Role in Myocardial Dise -- Impact of Perinatal Chronic Hypoxia on Cardiac Tolerance to Acute Ischemia -- Stem Cell, MicroRNA and Redox Cycling -- Cardiac Cell Therapy: Present and Future -- Macroscopic and Microscopic Aspects of Cardiac Dysfunction in Congestive Heart Failure -- Cardiac Dysfunction and Metabolism: Unravelling the Molecular Cross-Talk -- Metabolic Remodelling of the Hypertrophied Heart -- Mechanisms for the Regulation of Phospholipase C Gene Expression in Cardiac Hypertrophy -- Molecular Changes in Fatty Acid Oxidation in the Failing Heart -- Cardiolipin Metabolism in Experimental and Human Heart Failure -- Mechanisms Underlying Development of Cardiomyocyte Hypertrophy via Na-H Exchange Stimulation -- The Structural Basis of Cardiac Dysfunction in Human Heart Failure -- Hormonal Mechanisms of Cardiac Remodeling in Heart Failure -- Modulators of Remodeling After Myocardial Infarction -- Phosphodiesterase-5 Inhibitors in Protection Against Doxorubicin-Induced Cardiomyopathy -- Molecular Basis of Pulmonary Hypertension in Left Heart Failure -- Modulation of Gi Protein Expression in Hypertension: Molecular Mechanisms -- Vascular Dysfunction in Heart Disease -- Cellular and Molecular Mechanisms Associated with Salicylate Inhibition of Intimal Hyperplasia Following Balloon Catheter-Induced Vascular Injury -- Involvement of Growth Factor Receptor and Nonreceptor Protein Tyrosine Kinases in Endothelin-1 and Angiotensin II-Induced Signaling Pathways in the Cardiovascular System -- Sarco/Endoplasmic Reticulum Ca2+ Pump Damage by Oxidative Stress: Implications for Ca2+ Entry -- Obesity-Hypertension: Leptin as the Common Link to Cardiovascular and Renal Dysregulation -- Cardiorenal Protection in Diabetes Mellitus -- Molecular Mechanisms in the Pathogenesis of Diabetic Cardiomyopathy.
- Molecular sensors for cardiovascular homeostasis 2007, SpringerContributors --Part 1.The DEG/ENaC family --1.The role of DEG/ENaC ion channels in sensory mechanotransduction /Dafni Bazopoulou, Giannis Voglis, and Nektarios Tavernarakis --2.ASICs function as cardiac lactic acid sensors during myocardial ischemia /Christopher J. Benson and Edwin W. McCleskey --3.Molecular components of neural sensory transduction DEG/ENac proteins in baro and chemoreceptors /François M. Abboud, Yongjun Lu, and Mark W. Chapleau --Part II.The TRP family --4.TRP channels as molecular sensors of physical stimuli /Roger G. O'Neill --5.TRPV1 in central cardiovascular control : discerning the C-fiber afferent pathway /Michael C. Andersen, Mark W. Doyle, Timothy W. Bailey, and Young-Ho Jin --6.TRPV1 as a molecular transducer for salt and water homeostasis /Donna H. Wang and Jeffrey R. Sachs --7.Functional interaction between ATP and TRPV1 receptors /Makoto Tominaga and Tomoko Moriyama --8.TRPV4 and hypotonic stress /David M. Cohen --Part III.Other ion channels and biosensors --9.Ion channels in shear stress sensing in vascular endothelium : ion channels in vascular mechanotransduction /Abdul I. Barakat, Deborah K. Lieu, and Andrea Gojova --10.Redox signaling in oxygen sensing by vessels /Andrea Olschewski and E. Kenneth Weir --11.Impedance spectroscopy and quartz crystal microbalance : noninvasive tools to analyze ligand-receptor interactions at functionalized surfaces and of cell monolayers /Andreas Hinz and Hans-Joachim Galla --Index.
- Morphofunctional aspects of tumor microcirculation 2012, SpringerIntroduction -- Morphological aspects of tumor vasculature -- Mechanisms of control of angiogenesis in tumor vasculature -- Anti-Angiogenesis and vascular targeting in tumor vasculature.
- Multi-modality atherosclerosis imaging and diagnosis 2014, SpringerStroke is one of the leading causes of death in the world, resulting mostly from the sudden ruptures of atherosclerosis carotid plaques. Understanding why and how plaque develops and ruptures requires a multi-disciplinary approach such as radiology, biomedical engineering, medical physics, software engineering, hardware engineering, pathological and histological imaging. Multi-Modality Atherosclerosis Imaging, Diagnosis and Treatment presents a new dimension of understanding Atherosclerosis in 2D and 3D. This book presents work on plaque stress analysis in order to provide a general framework of computational modeling with atherosclerosis plaques. New algorithms based on 3D and 4D Ultrasound are presented to assess the atherosclerotic disease as well as very recent advances in plaque multimodality image fusion analysis. The goal of Multi-Modality Atherosclerosis Imaging, Diagnosis and Treatment is to fuse information obtained from different 3D medical image modalities, such as 3D US, CT and MRI, providing the medical doctor with some sort of augmented reality information about the atherosclerotic plaque in order to improve the accuracy of the diagnosis. Analysis of the plaque dynamics along the cardiac cycle is also a valuable indicator for plaque instability assessment and therefore for risk stratification. 4D Ultrasound, a sequence of 3D reconstructions of the region of interest along the time, can be used for this dynamic analysis. Multimodality Image Fusion is a very appealing approach because it puts together the best characteristics of each modality, such as, the high temporal resolution of US and the high spatial resolutions of MRI and CT.
- Nerve and vascular injuries in sports medicine 2009, Springer
- Netter Collection of medical illustrations. Volume 8, Cardiovascular system. 2nd edition. 2014, ClinicalKeyView the cardiovascular system as only Netter images can depict it. This spectacularly illustrated volume, part of the masterwork known as the Netter (CIBA) "Green Books," provides a highly visual guide to the heart, from basic science, anatomy, and physiology to pathology and injury. This classic Netter reference has been updated to mirror the many exciting advances in cardiovascular medicine and imaging - offering unparalleled insights into anatomy, physiology, and clinical conditions. Gain a rich clinical view of all aspects of the cardiovascular system in one comprehensive volume, conveyed through beautiful illustrations and radiologic images. Clearly see the connection between basic science and clinical practice with an integrated overview of normal structure and function as it relates to pathologic conditions. Grasp current clinical concepts regarding development, pediatrics, and adult medicine captured in classic Netter illustrations, as well as new illustrations created by artist-physician Carlos Machado, MD, and others working in the Netter style. Quickly understand complex topics thanks to a concise text-atlas format that provides a context bridge between primary and specialized medicine. Benefit from matchless Netter illustrations that offer precision, clarity, detail and realism as they provide a visual approach to the clinical presentation and care of the patient.
- Neuroendovascular surgery 2005, KargerCurrent and future management strategies for intracranial aneurysms and carotid artery stenosis / E.M. Deshaies, A.S. Boulos -- The use of stents in the management of neurovascular disease: a historical and present status review / M.B. Horowitz, P.D. Purdy -- Carotid angioplasty with stenting and carotid endarterectomy: both are here to stay / R.A. Hanel ... [et al.] -- Endovascular treatment of acute ischemic embolic stroke / C.C. Ionita ... [et al.] -- Intracranial stenting / M.R. Harrigan ... [et al.] -- Angioplasty for repair of intracranial arterial stenosis / A.J. Ringer -- Endovascular therapy for intracranial aneurysms: a historical and present perspective / M.B. Horowitz ... [et al.] --Endovascular management of wide-necked aneurysms / M. Horowitz, E.I. Levy -- Liquid embolic agents in the treatment of intracranial arteriovenous malformations / J.U. Howington ... [et al.] -- Management of arteriovenous malformations using liquid agents / B.M. Ozgur, D.I. Levy -- Treatment of dural arteriovenous fistulas / L. Feng, P.M. Meyers, R.T. Higashida -- Tumor embolization / E.I. Levy ... [et al.] -- Acute and chronic venous sinus thrombosis / M.B. Horowitz ... [et al.] -- Vein of galen aneurysms: a review and current perspective / M.B. Horowitz ... [et al.] -- Petrosal sinus sampling for Cushing's disease / M.B. Horowitz ... [et al.].
- Neuropsychiatric symptoms of cerebrovascular diseases 2013, SpringerNeuropsychiatric Symptoms of Cerebrovascular Diseases is an up-to-date, comprehensive review of the neuropsychiatry of stroke, by active authorities in the field, with an emphasis on diagnostic and management issues. Neuropsychiatric Symptoms of Cerebrovascular Diseases includes critical appraisal of the methodological aspects and limitations of the current research on the neuropsychiatry of stroke and on unanswered questions/controversies. Pharmacological aspects of management are discussed, to provide robust information on drug dosages, side effects and interaction, in order to enable the reader to manage these patients more safely. Illustrative cases provide real life scenarios that are clinically relevant and engaging to read. Neuropsychiatric Symptoms of Cerebrovascular Diseases is aimed at neurologists, stroke physicians and psychiatrists, and will also be of interest to intensive care doctors, psychologists ad neuropsychologists, research and specialist nurses, clinical researchers and methodologists.
- Neurovascular neuropsychology 2009, SpringerThis volume focuses on focal and diffuse neurovascular disease in addition to systemic conditions in which cognition and behavior have been uniquely associated with different pathologic states.
- New concepts in cerebral ischemia 2002, CRCnetBASE
- New frontiers in lifestyle-related diseases 2008, Springer
- New oral anticoagulants 2012, Future MedNew oral anticoagulants / Jawed Fareed -- Venous thromboembolism (post-surgery) / Erica Romualdi & Walter Ageno -- New oral anticoagulants for stroke prevention in atrial fibrillation / Sarkis Morales-Vidal, Michael J. Schneck, Murray Flaster & Jose Biller -- Acute coronary syndromes / Paul A. Gurbel & Udaya S. Tantry -- Current VTE prophylaxis and new oral anticoagulants for acute medical in-patients / Evi Kalodiki & Christopher R. Lattimer -- New antithrombotic agents in cancer patients / Grigoris T. Gerotziafas, Michel Meyer Samama & Ismail Elalamy -- New oral anticoagulants for autoimmune diseases / Debra Hoppensteadt, Jeanine M. Walenga & Mamdouh Bakhos -- New oral anticoagulants for special populations / Jeanine M. Walenga & Mamdouh Bakhos -- Will warfarin become obsolete? / Jawed Fareed, Wendy A. Leong & Joseph A. Caprini -- Index.
- New techniques for thoracic outlet syndromes 2013, SpringerNew Techniques for Thoracic Outlet Syndromes presents in a comprehensive format an up-to-date, state of the art reference that physicians can use in consultation to properly treat patients using the resources that modern medicine offers. This book offers the newer surgical approaches that have been developed during the past 30 years. Some of these techniques are modification of operations that were proposed previously but were not fully affective and left many patients suffering with permanent disability. This textbook is a compendium of the proper management of these patients that cannot be found in isolated reports of literature. The neurogenic-arterial thoracic outlet syndrome section covers how to diagnosis the illness using the proper tests, therefore eliminating the use of expensive, uncomfortable and inconvenient tests. The text is organized in three basic sections that cover all the aspects of the thoracic outlet syndromes. The first section addresses the neurogenic-arterial type, with the pertinent subsections: symptoms, diagnosis. A list of the useful tests is provided to make a correct diagnosis of this syndrome. This is followed by the sections on treatment, using the surgical approaches with historical aspects and evolution of the operations proposed. The second section involves the venous thoracic outlet syndrome divided into the corresponding subsections comprising: symptoms and physical findings, etiology, diagnosis. This section also includes a list of the usual tests to make the proper diagnosis. The last section of this text is dedicated to the presence of cervical ribs and their classification of the different types that occur, and also the proper surgical treatment when fusion of the upper ribs is present. New Techniques for Thoracic Outlet Syndromes offers the current, acceptable and most effective methods to handle thoracic outlet syndromes. It will be of great value to thoracic surgeons, vascular surgeons, interventional radiologists as well as fellows and residents in training for cardiothoracic and vascular surgery.
- Intracranial aneuryms -- Perioperative management -- Management of unruptured intracranial aneurysms -- Intracranial arteriovenous malformations and Rural AVM, AVF -- Cerebral revascularization -- Venous system.
- Noninvasive cerebrovascular diagnosis 2010, SpringerOverview of cerebrovascular disease -- Overview of various noninvasive cerebrovascular techniques -- Duplex scanning of the carotid arteries -- The role of color duplex scanning in diagnosing diseases of the aortic arch branches and carotid arteries -- Vertebral artery ultrasonography -- Transcranial Doppler sonography -- Ultrasonic characterization of carotid plaques -- Carotid plaque echolucency measured by grayscale median identifies patients at increased risk of stroke during carotid stenting: the imaging in carotid antioplasty and risk of stroke study -- Duplex ultrasound in the diagnosis of temporal arteritis -- Duplex ultrasound velocity criteria for carotid stenting patients -- Use of transcranial Doppler in monitoring patients during carotid artery stenting -- Use of an angle-independent Doppler system for intraoperative carotid endarterectomy surveillance -- Clinical implications of the vascular laboratory in the diagnosis of cerebrovascular insufficiency.
- There has been a rapid expansion in the field of noninvasive vascular diagnostics over the past two decades. Technological advances have provided an unprecedented variety of therapeutic options and the contemporary vascular specialist today must provide the entire spectrum of care for the patient with circulatory disease, including conventional open surgery, minimally invasive endovascular therapy, and medical management. This new edition of Noninvasive Vascular Diagnosis provides truly comprehensive coverage of noninvasive vascular testing, ranging from conventional noninvasive technology to the latest state-of-the-art advances. Regulatory issues are also discussed, which will become an increasingly important issue in our evolving health care system. It is designed to help determine the most applicable and practical methods for managing patients in the most cost effective and efficient manner. A considerable amount of new material has been added to this popular textbook and there has been extensive revision of its previous content. The Editors have gathered together prominent experts in the field to address the needs of all clinicians who are involved in the care of patients with vascular disease, continuing to make this a key reference in the field.
- Nutrition, lifestyle factors, and blood pressure 2012, CRCnetBASE"Aiming to increase awareness, this book covers measures to prevent health conditions and diseases that are associated with high blood pressure. The first section provides a comprehensive review of diet, nutrition, lifestyle, and blood pressure control. It also discusses the consequences of high blood pressure, including heart disease, kidney disease, diabetes, and stroke. The second section focuses on implementation of strategies to promote behavioral changes for blood pressure control. The final section addresses key subgroup populations and situations that require special considerations. Case studies demonstrate how lifestyle factors can be changed to control blood pressure"--Provided by publisher.
- Obesity management the cardiovascular benefits : proceedings of a meeting held in Cannes, April 2005 2005, HighWire
- Pathology and surgery around the vertebral artery 2011, SpringerThis is the first comprehensive book about surgery on and around the vertebral artery all along its cervical and intracranial course. This vessel has been considered for long as out of surgical reach leaving many different pathologies not or incompletely treated. The surgical exposure and control of the vertebral artery not only permit to treat lesions of the vertebral artery wall or developed in contact to it but also to improve the access to the intervertebral foramen (tumors, osteophytes), to the anterior aspect of the spinal cord (tumors, spondylotic spurs), to the foramen magnum and to the jugular foramen. This book written by leading experts includes all aspects of vertebral artery surgery from anatomy to imaging, surgical techniques and pathologies; it is illustrated by many figures especially operative views and schematic drawings so that the beginner as well as the experienced surgeon find useful information. One of the editors of this book (B. GEORGE) was recently awarded the Olivecrona award for his work on the surgery of the vertebral artery.
- Pathophysiology of blood disorders 2011, AccessMedicineA concise full color review of the mechanisms of blood diseases and disorders based on a Harvard Medical School hematology course Hematological Pathophysiology is a well illustrated easy to absorb introduction to the physiological principles underlying the regulation and function of blood cells and hemostasis as well as the pathophysiologic mechanisms responsible for the development of blood disorders Featuring a strong emphasis on key principles the book covers diagnosis and management primarily within a framework of pathogenesis Authored by world renowned clinician educators at Harvard Medical School Hematological Pathophysiology features content and organization based on a hematology course offered to second year students at that school The book is logically divided into four sections Anemias and Disorders of the Red Blood Cell Disorders of Hemostasis and Thrombosis Disorders of Leukocytes and Transfusion Medicine it opens with an important overview of blood and hematopoietic tissues Features Succinct to the point coverage that reflects current medical education More than 200 full color photographs and renderings of disease mechanisms and blood diseases Each chapter includes learning objectives and self assessment questions Numerous tables and diagrams encapsulate important information Incorporates the feedback of 180 Harvard medical students who reviewed the first draft so you know youre studying the most relevant material possible Provided by publisher.
- Pediatric critical care medicine. Volume 2, Respiratory, cardiovascular and central nervous systems /. Second edition. [2nd ed.] 2014, SpringerSection I. The Respiratory System in Critical Illness and Injury -- Section II. The Cardiovascular System in Critical Illness and Injury -- Section III. The Central Nervous System in Critical Illness and Injury -- Section IV. The Gastrointestinal System in Critical Illness and Injury -- Section V. The Endocrine System in Critical Illness and Injury -- Section VI. The Renal System in Critical Illness and Injury -- Section VII. The Hematologic System in Critical Illness and Injury -- Section VIII. Oncologic Disorders in the PICU -- Section IX. The Immune System in Critical Illness and Injury.
- Pediatric hypertension. 3rd ed. 2013, SpringerThe field of pediatric hypertension has undergone important changes in the time since the second edition of Pediatric Hypertension published. Much new information on hypertension in the young has become available. Previous chapters have been fully revised and new chapters have been added to cover important topics of recent interest such as consensus recommendations, the prevalence of hypertension in the young due to the obesity epidemic, studies of antihypertensive agents, and ambulatory blood pressure monitoring. Pediatric Hypertension, Third Edition is a comprehensive volume featuring 38 chapters covering the breadth of the current knowledge. It is divided into four sections: Regulation of Blood Pressure in Children; Assessment of Blood Pressure in Children: Measurement, Normative Data, Epidemiology; and Hypertension in Children: Predictors, Risk Factors, and Special Populations; Evaluation and Management of Pediatric Hypertension. Filled with the most up-to-date information, Pediatric Hypertension, Third Edition is an invaluable resource for clinicians and researchers interested in childhood hypertension.
- Peripheral endovascular interventions. 3rd ed. 2010, SpringerEvolution of endovascular therapy: diagnostics and therapeutics -- Pathophysiology of vascular disease -- Training and credentialing in vascular and endovascular surgery -- Assessment of vascular patients and indications for therapy -- Anesthesia techniques for endovascular surgery -- Intraprocedural monitoring for endovascular procedures -- Safety considerations for endovascular surgery -- Endovascular intervention suite design -- Angioscopy: instrumentation, techniques, and applications -- Duplex-guided balloon angioplasty from the carotid to the plantar arteries -- Intravascular ultrasound imaging -- Biomaterials: considerations for endovascular devices -- Ancillary endovascular equipment: catheters, guidewires, and procedural considerations -- Balloon angioplasty -- Endovascular intervention for lower extremity deep venous thrombosis -- Remote femoral and iliac artery endarterectomy --Intravascular stents -- Intravascular laser technologies -- Endovascular devices for abdominal aortic aneurysms -- Endovascular devices for thoracic aortic aneurysms -- Critical limb ischemia -- Renal stents -- Inferior vena cava filters: the impact of endovascular technology -- Carotid stenting -- Neuroendovascular interventions -- The current status of hybrid repair of thoracoabdominal aortic aneurysms -- Laparoscopic aortic surgery -- Endovenous surgery -- Thoracic outlet syndrome: endoscopic transaxillary first rib approach: 23 years experience (1985-2008) -- Prevention of lesion recurrence in endovascular devices -- Management of the percutaneous puncture site -- Endovascular practice in Asia-Pacific -- Future imaging and guidance for endovascular procedures.
- Peripheral vascular disease basic & clinical perspectives 2013, Future MedPeripheral vascular disease : basic and clinical perspectives / Erich Minar & Martin Schillinger -- Epidemiology, risk factors & prognosis / Beau M. Hawkins & Michael R. Jaff -- Clinical and noninvasive diagnosis / Wolfgang Mlekusch -- Lifestyle and exercise therapy for peripheral vascular disease / Curt Diehm & Nicolas Diehm -- Medical therapy for peripheral vascular disease / Rudolf Kirchmair & Peter Marschang -- Endovascular therapy for peripheral vascular disease / Martin Schillinger & Erich Minar -- Surgical approaches in peripheral vascular disease / Mehtab Ahmad & Andrew Bradbury -- Index.
- Pharmacotherapy of pulmonary hypertension 2013, SpringerDefinition and classification of pulmonary hypertension / Marc Humbert, David Montani, Oleg V. Evgenov, and Gérald Simonneau -- Pulmonary hypertension: pathophysiology and signaling pathways / Bradley A. Maron and Joseph Loscalzo -- Pulmonary hypertension: pathology / Peter Dorfmüller -- Pulmonary hypertension: biomarkers / Christopher J. Rhodes, John Wharton, and Martin R. Wilkins -- Rodent models of group 1 pulmonary hypertension / John J. Ryan, Glenn Marsboom, and Stephen L. Archer -- General supportive care / Ioana R. Preston -- Calcium-channel blockers in pulmonary arterial hypertension / Marie-Camille Chaumais, Elise Artaud Macari, and Olivier Sitbon -- Prostacyclins / Horst Olschewski -- Endothelin Receptor Antagonists / Martine Clozel, Alessandro Maresta, and Marc Humbert -- Phosphodiesterase-5 inhibitors / Barbara A. Cockrill and Aaron B. Waxman -- Inhaled nitric oxide for the treatment of pulmonary arterial hypertension / Steven H. Abman -- Soluble guanylate cyclase stimulators in pulmonary hypertension / Johannes-Peter Stasch and Oleg V. Evgenov -- Therapeutics targeting of dysregulated redox equilibrium and endothelial dysfunction / Michael G. Risbano and Mark T. Gladwin -- Rho-kinase inhibitors / Yoshihiro Fukumoto and Hiroaki Shimokawa -- Serotonin transporter and serotonin receptors / Serge Adnot, Amal Houssaini, Shariq Abid, Elisabeth Marcos, and Valérie Amsellem -- Targeting of platelet-derived growth factor signaling in pulmonary arterial hypertension / Eva Berghausen, Henrik ten Freyhaus, and Stephan Rosenkranz -- Emerging molecular targets for anti-proliferative strategies in pulmonary arterial hypertension / Ly Tu and Christophe Guignabert -- Anti-inflammatory and immunosuppressive agents in PAH / Jolyane Meloche, Sébastien Renard, Steeve Provencher, and Sébastien Bonnet -- Vasoactive peptides and the pathogenesis of pulmonary hypertension: role and potential therapeutic application / Reshma S. Baliga, Raymond J. MacAllister, and Adrian J. Hobbs -- Pulmonary hypertension: novel pathways and emerging therapies inhibitors of cGMP and cAMP metabolism / Yassine Sassi and Jean-Sébastien Hulot -- Pulmonary hypertension: old targets revisited (statins, PPARs, beta-blockers) / Geoffrey Watson, Eduardo Oliver, Lan Zhao, and Martin R. Wilkins -- Pulmonary hypertension: current management and future directions / Lewis J. Rubin.
- Phlebology, vein surgery and ultrasonography diagnosis and management of venous disease 2014, Springer
- "Clinical evidence clearly demonstrates that physical therapeutic measures begun as soon as possible after a stroke, often within 24 to 48 hours, greatly increase everyday competence and quality of life. Physical Therapy for the Stroke Patient: Early Stage Rehabilitation covers all the issues that physical therapists must deal with in this critical period: assessment of patients' abilities; care during the acute phase; early mobilization; effects of medication; risk factors; ethical questions; and much more. It provides complete guidelines on how to examine and treat the patient, the dosage" of physical therapy required, and the key differences between early and late stage rehabilitation after stroke. Special Features Information-packed chapter on Optimizing Functional Motor Recovery after Stroke," written by J. Carr and R. Shepherd, pioneers in the field and the first to correlate motor learning and stroke recovery Case studies throughout the book offering direct, hands-on examples of evaluation and treatment methods Nearly 150 color photographs demonstrating step-by-step physical therapy techniques used in actual practice Hundreds of references to the literature that support the evidence-based approach presented in the book For all physical and occupational therapists who must answer the question, How much therapy will help my patient?", this book provides clear, well-informed answers. Not only will it increase your therapeutic skills and confidence, but it will also expand your knowledge of the medical issues and long-term outcomes for the post-stroke patients in your care"--Provided by publisher.
- Polymers for vascular and urogenital applications 2012, CRCnetBASE"In a carefully crafted, multidisciplinary, skillfully focused format, this book covers attributes of polymers used for vascular, urological, and gynecological materials. It provides a brief analysis of how the use of polymers in vascular and urogenital applications has evolved in the past five decades and outlines their common and specific functional requirements. It features small, readable monographs that provide a brief description of the evolving role of a particular material, and present topics in highly integrated, well-balanced, authoritatively prepared segments on materials processing and in vitro and in vivo evaluation, complete with case studies"--Provided by publisher.
- Polymyalgia rheumatica and giant cell arteritis 2010, SpringerPolymyalgia Rheumatica and Giant Cell Arteritis - an overview with a focus on important factors contributing to the severity of the disease / Jozef Rovenský, Burkhard F. Leeb, Viera Štvrtinová, Richard Imrich and Juraj Duda -- Polymyalgia Rheumatica, Temporal Arteritis and Occurrence of Malignant Tumors / Jozef Rovenský and Alena Tuchyňová -- Coronary involvement and atherosclerosis in Giant Cell Arteritis / Viera Štvrtinová, Jozef Rovenský and Alena Tuchyňová -- T cells and their role in Polymyalgia Rheumatica and Giant Cell Arteritis / Stanislava Blažíčková and Jozef Rovenský -- Cytokines in Polymyalgia Rheumatica and Giant Cell Arteritis / Jozef Rovenský and Richard Imrich -- Genetic factors in Giant Cell Arteritis and Polymyalgia Rheumatica / Vladimír Bošák -- Polymyalgia rheumatica (PMR) and vascular complications / Viera Štvrtinová, Svetoslav Štvrtina and Jozef Rovenský -- Chronobiology of Polymyalgia Rheumatica and Giant Cell Arteritis / Howard Bird -- Histopathology of Giant Cell (temporal) Arteritis - changes in aorta / Svetoslav Štvrtina and Jozef Rovenský -- Ultrasonography in Polymyalgia Rheumatica and/or Giant Cell Arteritis / Peter Poprac and Jozef Rovenský -- Therapy of Polymyalgia Rheumatica and Giant Cell Arteritis / Jozef Rovenský and Richard Imrich -- Diagnostic Criteria, Treatment, and Monitoring of Polymyalgia Rheumatica/Giant Cell Arteritis / Burkhard F. Leeb, Thomas Nothnagl, Martin Steindl and Bernhard Rintelen.
- Practical approach to cardiovascular medicine 2011, WileySection I. Preventive Cardiology -- Chapter 1. Prevention of Cardiovascular Disease / Maulik Shah and Reza Ardehali -- Chapter 2. Dyslipidemia / Karim Sallam and Reza Ardehali -- Chapter 3. Hypertension / Christopher Woods and Richard Lafayette -- Section II. Coronary Artery Disease -- Chapter 4. Stable Angina / Joshua Lehrer and William F. Fearon -- Chapter 5. Unstable Angina and Non-ST Elevation Myocardial Infarction / Joshua Lehrer and David P. Lee -- Chapter 6. ST-Elevation Myocardial Infarction / Yen Tibayan -- Section III. Heart Failure -- Chapter 7. Care of the Cardiomyopathic Patient / Nicholas J. Leeper, Reza Ardehali and Michael Fowler -- Chapter 8. Pulmonary Hypertension and Right Heart Failure / Matthew T. Wheeler and Roham T. Zamanian -- Chapter 9. Heart Transplantation / Jesus Almendral, Robert Maranda and Sharon Hunt -- Section IV. Valvular and Vascular Disease -- Chapter 10. Valvular Heart Disease / Reza Ardehali and Ingela Schnittger -- Chapter 11. Diseases of the Aorta / Michael Ho and David Liang -- Chapter 12. Peripheral Vascular Disease / Andrew Wilson, Reza Ardehali and John Cooke -- Section V. Arrhythmias and Sudden Cardiac Death -- Chapter 13. Atrial Fibrillation and Flutter / Marco Perez and Amin Al-Ahmad -- Chapter 14. Supraventricular Tachycardia / Marco Perez and Paul Zei -- Chapter 15. Ventricular Tachycardia / Jeffrey Hsing and Henry Hsia -- Chapter 16. Bradycardia / Jeffrey Hsing and Paul Wang ---- Chapter 17. Syncope / Farheen Shirazi and Karen Friday -- Section VI. Cardiovascular Disease in Special Populations -- Chapter 18. Congenital Heart Disease / Patrick Yue -- Chapter 19. Cardiology Consultation and Management of Perioperative Complications / Azar Mehdizadeh and Stanley G. Rockson -- Chapter 20. Management of Pre- and Post-Cardiac Surgery Patients / Mohammad Haghdoost and Ramin Beygui -- Section VII. Specialized Testing and Therapeutics -- Chapter 21. Adult Advanced Cardiac Life Support / Anurag Gupta and Amin Al-Ahmad -- Chapter 22. ECG Interpretation / Marco Perez and Victor F. Froelicher -- Chapter 23. Transthoracic and Transesophageal Echocardiography / Shahriar Heidary and Ingela Schnittger -- Chapter 24. Noninvasive Stress Testing / Arvindh Kanagasundram and Victor F. Froelicher -- Chapter 25. Cardiac MRI and CT / Chandra Katikireddy and Michael V. McConnell -- Chapter 26. Clinical Cardiac Hemodynamics / Shirley Park and Euan Ashley -- Chapter 27. Percutaneous Interventions / Aiden O'Loughlin and Alan Yeung -- Chapter 28. Pacemakers and ICD Troubleshooting / Marco Perez and Paul Wang -- Chapter 29. Introduction to Electrophysiology Studies / Ronald Lo and Henry Hsia.
- Practical carotid artery stenting 2009, Springer
- Practical guide to neurovascular emergencies 2014, SpringerModern vascular neurology, particularly in the emergency setting, often requires a great capacity for analysis and synthesis. Physicians who manage these patients must have acquired multidisciplinary skills, including a good knowledge of clinical neurology and medical imaging, but they may also need to be skilled in cardiology and intensive care. The initial clinical and imaging examinations play a decisive role in the management strategy. This book, written by neurologists and neuroradiologists, is designed to help all physicians involved in the management of neurovascular disease. The format and contents of this book, including the latest guidelines from learned societies, are designed to provide a succinct and practical guide. Although this book is particularly devoted to ischaemic stroke, other neurovascular diseases, especially haemorrhagic stroke, are also discussed. This book should constitute a valuable tool for everyday practice for all medical personnel involved in neurovascular disease.
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- AAP Red Book Online
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Sabiston Textbook of Surgery
- Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics
- Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics
- Mandell, Douglas, & Bennett's Principles & Practice of Infectious Diseases
- Red Book Online
- ICU Book
- Primary Care Medicine
- Campbell-Walsh Urology
Shortcut to Licensed Content
Bookmark on other websites
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Links” (IE7) or “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
- Once installed it will look like this
- Click "Bookmark on Lane" to bookmark any webpage
- Your saved bookmark will appear on this page
What is it?
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) gives you access to resources licensed by the library even when you're not coming from a Lane or a Stanford IP address.
While we'd like Lane to be your gateway to our licensed content, we recognize that links to books, articles and journals come from a variety of different sources (Google, your email, RSS reader, etc.).
When installed, it will look your browser bookmark.
At the page you would like to proxy, click the "Lane Gateway to Licensed Content" to invoke it.
If Lane licenses that content, you'll get access as if you were on campus.
How does it work?
This allows you to view the URL as though you were on campus, giving you access to materials licensed for use by the Stanford academic community.
If you're not authenticated, you'll be prompted for your SUNetID and password.
Don't see the Toolbar, Bookmarks, or Links or Favorites bar?
From the "View" menu, select "Toolbars" & choose "Bookmarks Toolbar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Show Bookmarks Bar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Always Show Bookmarks Bar"
- Right-click in a clear area near the browser address bar
- In the menu, check a box next "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites Bar" (IE8, IE9)
- Managing IE Favorites
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) only works with resources Lane has licensed and configured to work with our proxy server.
If invoked on a resource we do not license and/or have not yet configured, you will see an error message:
The Lane proxy server cannot complete your request because this host has not been configured properly.
We make no attempt to configure our proxy server for every resource, only those we license and for which a Stanford IP address grants access.
Drag this button onto your browser toolbar to install.
- Right click this button
- Select "Add to Favorites", click "Continue" if you see a security alert
- In "Create in" menu, select "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites Bar" (IE8, IE9) to install
Drag this button onto Safari Bookmarks bar to install.
- Springer Protocols
- MD Consult
- Lange Series
- National Academy Press
- NCBI Bookshelf
- Thieme Atlases