Books by Subject
- Adrenomedullin in cardiovascular dise...
- — Hypertension and stroke ................
- Hypertension in the elderly ............
- — Visceral vascular manipulations ........
- Hypertension in the elderly 2005, SpringerThe importance of hypertension in the geriatric population / Ray W. Gifford and L. Michael Prisant -- Age-related changes in the cardiovascular system / R. Clinton Webb and Edward W. Inscho -- Aging, arterial stiffness, and systolic hypertension / Joseph L. Izzo -- Pharmacological and pharmacodynamic alterations in the elderly: application to cardiovascular therapies / Domenic A. Sica -- Epidemiology of hypertension in the older patient / William B. Kannel and Peter W. F. Wilson -- Nonpharmacological trials in the older patient / L. Michael Prisant and Dean U. Harrell -- Clinical trials of hypertension in older patient / L. Michael Prisant -- Blood pressure measurement in the older patients with hypertension / Jose Ramiro Arias-Vera and William B. White -- Clinical evaluation of the elderly hypertensive / L. Michael Prisant and Thomas W. Jackson -- Hypertension in the elderly: endocrine causes of secondary hypertension / Carlos M. Isales -- Diagnosis and management of hypertensive renal and renovascular disease in the elderly / Wanpen Vongpatanasin and Ronald G. Victor -- Heart failure in the older hypertensive patient / L. Michael Prisant ... [et al.] --Management of ischemic heart disease in the older hypertensive patient: evaluation and management / Jan Laws Houghton -- Cerebrovascular disease in the elderly hypertensive / Fenwick T. Nichols, III -- Diuretics and beta-adrenergic blockers in the management of hypertension in the elderly / William C. Cushman -- Assessment of the role ace inhibitors in the elderly / Domenic A. Sica -- Use of angiotensin receptor blockers in the elderly / L. Michael Prisant -- Clinical trials with calcium antagonists in older patients with hypertension / William B. White and Sumeska Thavarajah -- Alpha-adrenoceptor blockers for management of hypertension in the elderly / James L. Pool -- Combination drug therapy in the elderly / L. Michael Prisant and Laura Lyngby Mulloy -- Attitudes regarding hypertension among older african-american adults / Wallace R. Johnson and Elijah Saunders -- Treatment of hypertension in the elderly diabetic patient / James R. Sowers and L. Michael Prisant -- Management of hypertension in older patients with arthritis / Sumeska Thavarajah and William B. White -- The clinician's role in improving therapeutic adherence and blood pressure control in older hypertensive patients / Brent M. Egan and Eni C. Okonofua.
- Hypertension primer. 4th ed. 2008, Ovid
- Imaging of carotid artery stenosis 2007, Springer
- Inflammation and atherosclerosis 2012, Springer
- This book provides an introduction to the principles of both cardiovascular epidemiology and molecular pathophysiology; as a unique aspect, it also outlines and discusses the molecular concepts underlying epidemiological observations. This first volume is focused on the genetic and molecular basis of pathogenesis and the role of environmental factors triggering cardiovascular dysfunctions. The book promotes the use of interdisciplinary approaches in the field of preventive medicine based on recent advances in molecular and cellular pathophysiology. The book offers a valuable resource work for researchers in basic biomedical fields and clinical scientists alike, as well as guidelines for novel avenues of research in both basic pathophysiology and cardiovascular therapy and prevention.
- Intermittent claudication 2002, HighWire
- Intracranial vascular malformations and aneurysms 2005, Springer
- Kaplan's Clinical hypertension. 9th ed. 2006, OvidHypertension in the population at large -- Measurement of blood pressure -- Primary hypertension: pathogenesis -- Primary hypertension: natural history and evaluation -- Treatment of hypertension: why, when, how far -- Treatment of hypertension: lifestyle modifications -- Treatment of hypertension: drug therapy -- Hypertensive crises -- Renal parenchymal hypertension -- Renovascular hypertension -- Hypertension with pregnancy and the pill -- Pheochromocytoma (with a preface about incidental adrenal masses) -- Primary aldosteronism -- Hypertension induced by cortisol or deoxycorticosterone -- Other forms of identifiable hypertension -- Hypertension in childhood and adolescence.
- Learning cardiac imaging 2010, Springer
- Lower extremity arterial disease 2005, SpringerClaudication : clinical diagnosis and differential diagnosis / Dennis G. Caralis -- Noninvasive diagnostic evaluation of peripheral arterial disease / Nicholas Labropoulos and Apostolos K. Tassiopoulos -- Smoking and smoking cessation / Albert Bellg and Aristides N. Mavridis -- Peripheral arterial disease and diabetes / George L. Bakris -- Hyperlipidemia in peripheral arterial disease / Ambika Babu, C.R. Kannan, and Theodore Mazzone -- Hypertension and peripheral vascular disease / Anjula Gandhi, Jay Garg, and George L. Bakris -- Physical inactivity is a risk factor for lower extremity arterial disease and coronary heart disease / Dennis G. Caralis and Stamatis Dimitropoulos -- Pathogenesis of atheroslerotic vascular disease / Bassem Jamil Basha, George L. Bakris, and James R. Sowers --Lower extremity arterial disease coexisting with coronary artery disease : management and prognosis / Dennis G. Caralis -- Medical therapy of claudication and lower extremity arterial disease / Dennis G. Caralis -- Exercise therapy for low extremity arterial disease / Peter F. Kokkinos -- Endovascular strategies for management of claudication and lower extremity arterial disease / Michael C. Brunner and Dennis G. Caralis -- Severe lower extremity arterial disease : limb salvage and revascularization failure / Chad E. Jacobs and Walter J. McCarthy.
- Magnetic resonance angiography 2012, Springer
- Manual of thoracic endoaortic surgery 2010, Springer
- Mastering endovascular techniques 2007, OvidKey issues of vascular pathoanatomy / Frank Kolodgie ... [et al.] -- Key issues of vascular pathophysiology / Axel R. Pries, Ivo Buschmann, Helmut Habazettl -- Magnetic resonance imaging / Dietrich Baumgart, Thomas Egelhof -- X-ray coronary angiography / Peter Lanzer -- Intracoronary ultrasound / Anuja Nair ... [et al.] -- Pressure wire / Wilbert Aarnoudse, Cees-joost Botman, Nico H.J. Pijls -- The decision-making process in percutaneous coronary interventions / Lutz Prechelt, Peter Lanzer -- Devices / Wolfram Schmidt, Klaus-Peter Schmitz -- Intracranial vessels / Hans Henkes ... [et al.] -- Internal carotid artery / Peter Lanzer, Ralf Weser -- Coronary arteries / Peter Lanzer, L.D. Timmie Topoleski -- Thoracic aorta / Tim C. Rehders ... [et al.] -- Abdominal aortic aneurysm / Martin Köcher, Petr Utíkal -- Renal arteries / Peter Lanzer, Ralf Weser -- Abdominal aorta, iliac, and lower extremity arteries / Peter Lanzer, Ralf Weser -- Haemodialysis shunts / Dierk Vorwerk -- Venous diseases / Zubin Irani, John A. Kaufman -- Foreign bodies / Haresh G. Mehta, Stephan Windecker, Bernhard Meier.
- Mechanisms of angiogenesis 2005, Springer
- Mechanisms of cardiovascular aging. 1st ed. 2002, ScienceDirect
- Mitochondria and their role in cardiovascular disease 2013, SpringerPart 1. General principles of mitochondria and the heart -- Introduction to Mitochondria in the Heart -- Methods to Study Mitochondrial Structure and Function -- Mitochondrial Structure, Composition, and Dynamics -- Mitochondrial Biogenesis -- Mechanisms of Bioenergy Production in Mitochondria -- Bioenergetics Interplay Between Cardiac Mitochondria and Other Subcellular Compartments -- Part 2. Heart mitochondria signal transduction. Stem cells -- Endothelial Mitochondria: Contribution to Cardiovascular Function and Disease -- Heart Mitochondria: Receivers and Transmitters of Signals -- Stem Cells and Mitochondria -- Part 3. Stress and cell death -- Heart Mitochondrial ROS and Oxidative Stress -- Cell-Death Pathways and Mitochondria -- Part 4. Mitochondria in Pediatric Cardiology -- Mitochondria in Pediatric Cardiovascular Diseases -- Part 5. The aging heart and mitochondria -- Mitochondria in the Aging Heart -- Part 6. Mitochondria in Atherosclerosis, hypertension and ischemia -- The Role of Mitochondria in Atherosclerosis -- The Role of Mitochondria in Hypertension -- Role of Mitochondria in Ischemia and Cardioprotection -- Part 7. Mitochondria in Heart Failure and Dysrhythmias -- Mitochondrial Dynamics in Health and Disease -- Mitochondria Play an Essential Role in Heart Failure -- Mitochondria and Cardiac Dysrhythmias -- Part 8. Mitochondria in heart metabolism -- Diabetes and Cardiac Mitochondria -- The Role of Mitochondria in the Metabolic Syndrome and Insulin Resistance -- Thyroid Hormone and Myocardial Mitochondria -- Part 9. Mitochondrial Therapy -- Targeting the Mitochondria in Cardiovascular Diseases -- Part 10. Looking to the future of mitochondria and the heart -- Current Progress and Future Perspectives: Toward Mitochondrial Medicine.
- Molecular defects in cardiovascular disease 2011, Springer
- Molecular sensors for cardiovascular homeostasis 2007, SpringerContributors --Part 1.The DEG/ENaC family --1.The role of DEG/ENaC ion channels in sensory mechanotransduction /Dafni Bazopoulou, Giannis Voglis, and Nektarios Tavernarakis --2.ASICs function as cardiac lactic acid sensors during myocardial ischemia /Christopher J. Benson and Edwin W. McCleskey --3.Molecular components of neural sensory transduction DEG/ENac proteins in baro and chemoreceptors /François M. Abboud, Yongjun Lu, and Mark W. Chapleau --Part II.The TRP family --4.TRP channels as molecular sensors of physical stimuli /Roger G. O'Neill --5.TRPV1 in central cardiovascular control : discerning the C-fiber afferent pathway /Michael C. Andersen, Mark W. Doyle, Timothy W. Bailey, and Young-Ho Jin --6.TRPV1 as a molecular transducer for salt and water homeostasis /Donna H. Wang and Jeffrey R. Sachs --7.Functional interaction between ATP and TRPV1 receptors /Makoto Tominaga and Tomoko Moriyama --8.TRPV4 and hypotonic stress /David M. Cohen --Part III.Other ion channels and biosensors --9.Ion channels in shear stress sensing in vascular endothelium : ion channels in vascular mechanotransduction /Abdul I. Barakat, Deborah K. Lieu, and Andrea Gojova --10.Redox signaling in oxygen sensing by vessels /Andrea Olschewski and E. Kenneth Weir --11.Impedance spectroscopy and quartz crystal microbalance : noninvasive tools to analyze ligand-receptor interactions at functionalized surfaces and of cell monolayers /Andreas Hinz and Hans-Joachim Galla --Index.
- Morphofunctional aspects of tumor microcirculation 2012, Springer
- Mosaic of cardiovascular protection 2003, HighWire
- Nerve and vascular injuries in sports medicine 2009, Springer
- Neuroendovascular surgery 2005, KargerCurrent and future management strategies for intracranial aneurysms and carotid artery stenosis / E.M. Deshaies, A.S. Boulos -- The use of stents in the management of neurovascular disease: a historical and present status review / M.B. Horowitz, P.D. Purdy -- Carotid angioplasty with stenting and carotid endarterectomy: both are here to stay / R.A. Hanel ... [et al.] -- Endovascular treatment of acute ischemic embolic stroke / C.C. Ionita ... [et al.] -- Intracranial stenting / M.R. Harrigan ... [et al.] -- Angioplasty for repair of intracranial arterial stenosis / A.J. Ringer -- Endovascular therapy for intracranial aneurysms: a historical and present perspective / M.B. Horowitz ... [et al.] --Endovascular management of wide-necked aneurysms / M. Horowitz, E.I. Levy -- Liquid embolic agents in the treatment of intracranial arteriovenous malformations / J.U. Howington ... [et al.] -- Management of arteriovenous malformations using liquid agents / B.M. Ozgur, D.I. Levy -- Treatment of dural arteriovenous fistulas / L. Feng, P.M. Meyers, R.T. Higashida -- Tumor embolization / E.I. Levy ... [et al.] -- Acute and chronic venous sinus thrombosis / M.B. Horowitz ... [et al.] -- Vein of galen aneurysms: a review and current perspective / M.B. Horowitz ... [et al.] -- Petrosal sinus sampling for Cushing's disease / M.B. Horowitz ... [et al.].
- Neuropsychiatric symptoms of cerebrovascular diseases 2013, SpringerPart I. Psychiatry of stroke -- Delirium in stroke patients -- Poststroke illusions and hallucinations -- Depression after stroke -- Mania -- Anxiety disturbances in stroke patients -- Apathy -- Disturbances in the voluntary control of emotional expression after stroke -- Poststroke aggressiveness -- Denial of illness -- Part II. Psychiatry of vascular cognitive impairment -- Neuropsychiatric symptoms of CADASIL -- Neuropsychiatric aspects of vascular cognitive impairment -- Part III. Cerebrovascular disease and psychiatric disturbances -- Psychological and psychiatric triggers and risk factors for storke -- Vascular depression -- Cedrebrovascular disease and bipolar disorder.
- Neurovascular neuropsychology 2009, SpringerThis volume focuses on focal and diffuse neurovascular disease in addition to systemic conditions in which cognition and behavior have been uniquely associated with different pathologic states.
- New concepts in cerebral ischemia 2002, CRCnetBASE
- New frontiers in lifestyle-related diseases 2008, Springer
- New techniques for thoracic outlet syndromes 2013, Springer
- Intracranial aneuryms -- Perioperative management -- Management of unruptured intracranial aneurysms -- Intracranial arteriovenous malformations and Rural AVM, AVF -- Cerebral revascularization -- Venous system.
- Noninvasive cerebrovascular diagnosis 2010, SpringerOverview of cerebrovascular disease -- Overview of various noninvasive cerebrovascular techniques -- Duplex scanning of the carotid arteries -- The role of color duplex scanning in diagnosing diseases of the aortic arch branches and carotid arteries -- Vertebral artery ultrasonography -- Transcranial Doppler sonography -- Ultrasonic characterization of carotid plaques -- Carotid plaque echolucency measured by grayscale median identifies patients at increased risk of stroke during carotid stenting: the imaging in carotid antioplasty and risk of stroke study -- Duplex ultrasound in the diagnosis of temporal arteritis -- Duplex ultrasound velocity criteria for carotid stenting patients -- Use of transcranial Doppler in monitoring patients during carotid artery stenting -- Use of an angle-independent Doppler system for intraoperative carotid endarterectomy surveillance -- Clinical implications of the vascular laboratory in the diagnosis of cerebrovascular insufficiency.
- Noninvasive vascular diagnosis. 3rd ed. 2013, SpringerThere has been a rapid expansion in the field of noninvasive vascular diagnostics over the past two decades. Technological advances have provided an unprecedented variety of therapeutic options and the contemporary vascular specialist today must provide the entire spectrum of care for the patient with circulatory disease, including conventional open surgery, minimally invasive endovascular therapy, and medical management. This new edition of Noninvasive Vascular Diagnosis provides truly comprehensive coverage of noninvasive vascular testing, ranging from conventional noninvasive technology to the latest state-of-the-art advances. Regulatory issues are also discussed, which will become an increasingly important issue in our evolving health care system. It is designed to help determine the most applicable and practical methods for managing patients in the most cost effective and efficient manner. A considerable amount of new material has been added to this popular textbook and there has been extensive revision of its previous content. The Editors have gathered together prominent experts in the field to address the needs of all clinicians who are involved in the care of patients with vascular disease, continuing to make this a key reference in the field.
- Nutrition, lifestyle factors, and blood pressure 2012, CRCnetBASE"Aiming to increase awareness, this book covers measures to prevent health conditions and diseases that are associated with high blood pressure. The first section provides a comprehensive review of diet, nutrition, lifestyle, and blood pressure control. It also discusses the consequences of high blood pressure, including heart disease, kidney disease, diabetes, and stroke. The second section focuses on implementation of strategies to promote behavioral changes for blood pressure control. The final section addresses key subgroup populations and situations that require special considerations. Case studies demonstrate how lifestyle factors can be changed to control blood pressure"--Provided by publisher.
- Obesity management 2005, HighWire
- Organ microcirculation 2005, Springer
- Pathology and surgery around the vertebral artery 2011, SpringerThis is the first comprehensive book about surgery on and around the vertebral artery all along its cervical and intracranial course. This vessel has been considered for long as out of surgical reach leaving many different pathologies not or incompletely treated. The surgical exposure and control of the vertebral artery not only permit to treat lesions of the vertebral artery wall or developed in contact to it but also to improve the access to the intervertebral foramen (tumors, osteophytes), to the anterior aspect of the spinal cord (tumors, spondylotic spurs), to the foramen magnum and to the jugular foramen. This book written by leading experts includes all aspects of vertebral artery surgery from anatomy to imaging, surgical techniques and pathologies; it is illustrated by many figures especially operative views and schematic drawings so that the beginner as well as the experienced surgeon find useful information. One of the editors of this book (B. GEORGE) was recently awarded the Olivecrona award for his work on the surgery of the vertebral artery.
- Pediatric hypertension. 3rd ed. 2013, Springer
- Pediatric hypertension.. 2nd ed. 2011, Springer
- Peripheral endovascular interventions. 3rd ed. 2010, SpringerEvolution of endovascular therapy: diagnostics and therapeutics -- Pathophysiology of vascular disease -- Training and credentialing in vascular and endovascular surgery -- Assessment of vascular patients and indications for therapy -- Anesthesia techniques for endovascular surgery -- Intraprocedural monitoring for endovascular procedures -- Safety considerations for endovascular surgery -- Endovascular intervention suite design -- Angioscopy: instrumentation, techniques, and applications -- Duplex-guided balloon angioplasty from the carotid to the plantar arteries -- Intravascular ultrasound imaging -- Biomaterials: considerations for endovascular devices -- Ancillary endovascular equipment: catheters, guidewires, and procedural considerations -- Balloon angioplasty -- Endovascular intervention for lower extremity deep venous thrombosis -- Remote femoral and iliac artery endarterectomy --Intravascular stents -- Intravascular laser technologies -- Endovascular devices for abdominal aortic aneurysms -- Endovascular devices for thoracic aortic aneurysms -- Critical limb ischemia -- Renal stents -- Inferior vena cava filters: the impact of endovascular technology -- Carotid stenting -- Neuroendovascular interventions -- The current status of hybrid repair of thoracoabdominal aortic aneurysms -- Laparoscopic aortic surgery -- Endovenous surgery -- Thoracic outlet syndrome: endoscopic transaxillary first rib approach: 23 years experience (1985-2008) -- Prevention of lesion recurrence in endovascular devices -- Management of the percutaneous puncture site -- Endovascular practice in Asia-Pacific -- Future imaging and guidance for endovascular procedures.
- Pharmacotherapy of pulmonary hypertension 2013, SpringerDefinition and classification of pulmonary hypertension / Marc Humbert, David Montani, Oleg V. Evgenov, and Gérald Simonneau -- Pulmonary hypertension: pathophysiology and signaling pathways / Bradley A. Maron and Joseph Loscalzo -- Pulmonary hypertension: pathology / Peter Dorfmüller -- Pulmonary hypertension: biomarkers / Christopher J. Rhodes, John Wharton, and Martin R. Wilkins -- Rodent models of group 1 pulmonary hypertension / John J. Ryan, Glenn Marsboom, and Stephen L. Archer -- General supportive care / Ioana R. Preston -- Calcium-channel blockers in pulmonary arterial hypertension / Marie-Camille Chaumais, Elise Artaud Macari, and Olivier Sitbon -- Prostacyclins / Horst Olschewski -- Endothelin Receptor Antagonists / Martine Clozel, Alessandro Maresta, and Marc Humbert -- Phosphodiesterase-5 inhibitors / Barbara A. Cockrill and Aaron B. Waxman -- Inhaled nitric oxide for the treatment of pulmonary arterial hypertension / Steven H. Abman -- Soluble guanylate cyclase stimulators in pulmonary hypertension / Johannes-Peter Stasch and Oleg V. Evgenov -- Therapeutics targeting of dysregulated redox equilibrium and endothelial dysfunction / Michael G. Risbano and Mark T. Gladwin -- Rho-kinase inhibitors / Yoshihiro Fukumoto and Hiroaki Shimokawa -- Serotonin transporter and serotonin receptors / Serge Adnot, Amal Houssaini, Shariq Abid, Elisabeth Marcos, and Valérie Amsellem -- Targeting of platelet-derived growth factor signaling in pulmonary arterial hypertension / Eva Berghausen, Henrik ten Freyhaus, and Stephan Rosenkranz -- Emerging molecular targets for anti-proliferative strategies in pulmonary arterial hypertension / Ly Tu and Christophe Guignabert -- Anti-inflammatory and immunosuppressive agents in PAH / Jolyane Meloche, Sébastien Renard, Steeve Provencher, and Sébastien Bonnet -- Vasoactive peptides and the pathogenesis of pulmonary hypertension: role and potential therapeutic application / Reshma S. Baliga, Raymond J. MacAllister, and Adrian J. Hobbs -- Pulmonary hypertension: novel pathways and emerging therapies inhibitors of cGMP and cAMP metabolism / Yassine Sassi and Jean-Sébastien Hulot -- Pulmonary hypertension: old targets revisited (statins, PPARs, beta-blockers) / Geoffrey Watson, Eduardo Oliver, Lan Zhao, and Martin R. Wilkins -- Pulmonary hypertension: current management and future directions / Lewis J. Rubin.
- Polymyalgia rheumatica and giant cell arteritis 2010, SpringerPolymyalgia Rheumatica and Giant Cell Arteritis - an overview with a focus on important factors contributing to the severity of the disease / Jozef Rovenský, Burkhard F. Leeb, Viera Štvrtinová, Richard Imrich and Juraj Duda -- Polymyalgia Rheumatica, Temporal Arteritis and Occurrence of Malignant Tumors / Jozef Rovenský and Alena Tuchyňová -- Coronary involvement and atherosclerosis in Giant Cell Arteritis / Viera Štvrtinová, Jozef Rovenský and Alena Tuchyňová -- T cells and their role in Polymyalgia Rheumatica and Giant Cell Arteritis / Stanislava Blažíčková and Jozef Rovenský -- Cytokines in Polymyalgia Rheumatica and Giant Cell Arteritis / Jozef Rovenský and Richard Imrich -- Genetic factors in Giant Cell Arteritis and Polymyalgia Rheumatica / Vladimír Bošák -- Polymyalgia rheumatica (PMR) and vascular complications / Viera Štvrtinová, Svetoslav Štvrtina and Jozef Rovenský -- Chronobiology of Polymyalgia Rheumatica and Giant Cell Arteritis / Howard Bird -- Histopathology of Giant Cell (temporal) Arteritis - changes in aorta / Svetoslav Štvrtina and Jozef Rovenský -- Ultrasonography in Polymyalgia Rheumatica and/or Giant Cell Arteritis / Peter Poprac and Jozef Rovenský -- Therapy of Polymyalgia Rheumatica and Giant Cell Arteritis / Jozef Rovenský and Richard Imrich -- Diagnostic Criteria, Treatment, and Monitoring of Polymyalgia Rheumatica/Giant Cell Arteritis / Burkhard F. Leeb, Thomas Nothnagl, Martin Steindl and Bernhard Rintelen.
- Practical approach to cardiovascular medicine 2011, WileySection I. Preventive Cardiology -- Chapter 1. Prevention of Cardiovascular Disease / Maulik Shah and Reza Ardehali -- Chapter 2. Dyslipidemia / Karim Sallam and Reza Ardehali -- Chapter 3. Hypertension / Christopher Woods and Richard Lafayette -- Section II. Coronary Artery Disease -- Chapter 4. Stable Angina / Joshua Lehrer and William F. Fearon -- Chapter 5. Unstable Angina and Non-ST Elevation Myocardial Infarction / Joshua Lehrer and David P. Lee -- Chapter 6. ST-Elevation Myocardial Infarction / Yen Tibayan -- Section III. Heart Failure -- Chapter 7. Care of the Cardiomyopathic Patient / Nicholas J. Leeper, Reza Ardehali and Michael Fowler -- Chapter 8. Pulmonary Hypertension and Right Heart Failure / Matthew T. Wheeler and Roham T. Zamanian -- Chapter 9. Heart Transplantation / Jesus Almendral, Robert Maranda and Sharon Hunt -- Section IV. Valvular and Vascular Disease -- Chapter 10. Valvular Heart Disease / Reza Ardehali and Ingela Schnittger -- Chapter 11. Diseases of the Aorta / Michael Ho and David Liang -- Chapter 12. Peripheral Vascular Disease / Andrew Wilson, Reza Ardehali and John Cooke -- Section V. Arrhythmias and Sudden Cardiac Death -- Chapter 13. Atrial Fibrillation and Flutter / Marco Perez and Amin Al-Ahmad -- Chapter 14. Supraventricular Tachycardia / Marco Perez and Paul Zei -- Chapter 15. Ventricular Tachycardia / Jeffrey Hsing and Henry Hsia -- Chapter 16. Bradycardia / Jeffrey Hsing and Paul Wang ---- Chapter 17. Syncope / Farheen Shirazi and Karen Friday -- Section VI. Cardiovascular Disease in Special Populations -- Chapter 18. Congenital Heart Disease / Patrick Yue -- Chapter 19. Cardiology Consultation and Management of Perioperative Complications / Azar Mehdizadeh and Stanley G. Rockson -- Chapter 20. Management of Pre- and Post-Cardiac Surgery Patients / Mohammad Haghdoost and Ramin Beygui -- Section VII. Specialized Testing and Therapeutics -- Chapter 21. Adult Advanced Cardiac Life Support / Anurag Gupta and Amin Al-Ahmad -- Chapter 22. ECG Interpretation / Marco Perez and Victor F. Froelicher -- Chapter 23. Transthoracic and Transesophageal Echocardiography / Shahriar Heidary and Ingela Schnittger -- Chapter 24. Noninvasive Stress Testing / Arvindh Kanagasundram and Victor F. Froelicher -- Chapter 25. Cardiac MRI and CT / Chandra Katikireddy and Michael V. McConnell -- Chapter 26. Clinical Cardiac Hemodynamics / Shirley Park and Euan Ashley -- Chapter 27. Percutaneous Interventions / Aiden O'Loughlin and Alan Yeung -- Chapter 28. Pacemakers and ICD Troubleshooting / Marco Perez and Paul Wang -- Chapter 29. Introduction to Electrophysiology Studies / Ronald Lo and Henry Hsia.
- Practical carotid artery stenting 2009, Springer
- Practical methods in cardiovascular research 2005, Springer
- Practical neuroangiography. 3rd ed. 2013, OvidMachine generated contents note: SECTION I Techniques and Safety -- 1.History and Introduction -- 2.Performing a Cerebral Arteriogram -- 3.Spinal Angiography: Technical Aspects -- 4.Pediatric Neuroangiography: Technical Aspects -- 5.Safety and Complications -- 6.Radiation Risks and Safety -- SECTION II Anatomy -- 7.Embryology of the Cranial Circulation -- 8.Aortic Arch -- 9.The Circle of Willis -- 10.The Internal Carotid Artery -- 11.The Anterior Cerebral Artery -- 12.The Middle Cerebral Artery -- 13.The Posterior Cerebral Artery -- 14.The Extradural Vertebral Arteries -- 15.The Arteries of the Posterior Fossa -- 16.The Venous System -- 17.The External Carotid Artery and Extracranial Circulation -- SECTION III Vascular Diseases: Diagnosis and Treatment -- 18.Intracranial Aneurysms, Diagnosis and Treatment -- 19.Vascular Malformation of the Brain -- 20.Cranial Dural Vascular Malformations -- 21.Vascular Malformations of the Spine -- 22.Pediatric Ischemic Stroke and Arteriopathy --Contents note continued: 23.Carotid-Cavernous Fistulas -- 24.Nonaneurysmal Perimesencephalic Subarachnoid Hemorrhage -- 25.ENT Bleeding and Tumor Embolization -- 26.Reversible Cerebral Vasoconstriction Syndrome -- 27.Vasculitides Involving the Central Nervous System -- 28.Bow Hunter's Stroke -- 29.Dural Sinus Occlusive Disease -- 30.Cerebral Vasospasm -- 31.Angioplasty and Stenting of Atherosclerotic Disease -- 32.Endovascular Treatment of Ischemic Stroke -- 33.Vein of Galen Malformations.
- Prevention of stroke 2002, CRCnetBASE
- Preventive cardiology 2004, HighWire
- Principles of miniaturized extracorporeal circulation 2013, Springer
- Proceedings of the 61st Annual Fall Conference and Scientific Sessions of the American Heart Association Council for High Blood Pressure Research, held September 26 to 29, 2007 in Tucson Ariz. 2008, HighWire
- Proceedings of the International Merck Symposium on HDL Raising Beyond LDL-C Reduction: New Paradigms in the Reduction of Cardiovascular Risk 2005, HighWire
- Pulmonary vascular disorders 2012, KargerUpdated clinical classification of pulmonary hypertension -- Pathology of pulmonary arterial hypertension -- Invasive rest and exercise hemodynamics in the modern management of pulmonary vascular disease: an expanding role in the future -- Exercise testing in pulmonary arterial hypertension -- Noninvasive exploration of the pulmonary circulation and the right heart -- Biomarkers in pulmonary arterial hypertension -- Genetics of pulmonary arterial hypertension and the concept of heritable pulmonary arterial hypertension -- Drug- and toxin-induced pulmonary arterial hypertension -- Idiopathic pulmonary arterial hypertension and its prognosis in the modern management era in developed and developing countries -- Pulmonary arterial hypertension complicating connective tissue disorders -- Pulmonary arterial hypertension and HIV and other viral infections -- Portopulmonary hypertension and hepatopulmonary syndrome -- Pulmonary hypertension in congenital heart diseases -- Pulmonary hypertension in sickle cell disease -- Schistosomiasis and pulmonary hypertension -- Pulmonary veno-occlusive disease -- Pulmonary hypertension and left heart disease -- Pulmonary hypertension in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease -- Pulmonary hypertension complicating interstitial and granulomatous lung diseases -- High-altitude pulmonary hypertension -- Acute pulmonary venous thromboembolic disease -- Anticaogulation for venous thromboembolism in the modern management era -- Chronic thromboembolic pulmonary hypertension -- Medical treatment of pulmonary arterial hypertension -- Lung transplantation and role for novel extracorporeal support in pulmonary hypertension -- Artrial septostomy -- Pulmonary vascular disorders in hereditary hemorrhagic telangiectasia -- Future perspectives in pulmonary arterial hypertension.
- Pulse waves 2012, Springer
- Resistant hypertension 2013, Springer
- Retinal vascular disease 2007, SpringerI. Pathogenesis of retinal vascular disease -- 1 Functional anatomy, fine structure and basic pathology -- 2 Retinal vascular development -- 3 Retinal angiogenesis and growth factors -- 4 Hematopoietic stem cells in vascular development and ocular neovascularization -- 5 Inflammation as a stimulus for vascular leakage and proliferation -- 6 The neuronal influence on retinal vascular pathology -- 7 Hypoxia in the pathogenesis of retinal disease -- 8 Blood retinal barrier -- 9 Retinal blood flow -- 10 Genetic approach to retinal vascular disease -- II. General concepts in the diagnosis and treatment of retinal vascular disease -- 11 A practical guide to fluorescein angiography -- 12 Optical coherence tomography in the diagnosis of retinal vascular disease -- 13 General concepts in laser treatment for retinal vascular disease -- 14 The role of photodynamic therapy in retinal vascular disease -- 15 Cryosurgery in retinal vascular disease -- 16 Vitrectomy in retinal vascular disease: surgical principles -- 17 Treatment of rubeotic secondary glaucoma -- 18 Intravitreal injections: guidelines to minimize the risk of endophthalmitis --III. Pathology, clinical course and treatment of retinal vascular diseases -- 19 Grading of diabetic retinopathy -- 20 Retinopathy of prematurity -- 21 Vascular occlusive disease -- 22 Vascular abnormalities -- 23 Vasculopathy after treatment of choroidal melanoma -- 24 Vasculopathies with acute systemic diseases -- 25 Inflammatory vascular disease -- 26 Hypertensive retinopathies -- 27 Sickle cell retinopathy and hemoglobinopathies -- 28 Vascular tumors of the retina.
- Right ventricle in adults with tetralogy of fallot 2012, Springer
- Sclerotherapy. 5th ed. / 2011, ScienceDirect
- Special issues in hypertension 2012, Springer
- Stroke essentials for primary care 2009, Springer
- Stroke prevention in clinical practice 2008, Springer
- Stroke recovery with cellular therapies 2008, SpringerSafety and efficacy of transplanting immortalized neural stem cells in stroke patients -- Transplantation of bone marrow stromal cells for the treatment of stroke -- Cord blood cells as a treatment for stroke -- Adipose-derived stem cells as a potential therapy for stroke -- Novel imaging modalities to monitor implanted embryonic stem cells in stroke -- Cell transplantation for intracerebral hemorrhage -- Therapeutic strategies employing endogenous neural stem cells in tissue remodeling following ischemic injury: the promise, the peril and novel future applications -- Ethics and stem cell research -- Special conditions in the design of clinical stroke trials for cell transplantation.
- Surgical management of cerebrovascular disease 2010, SpringerMicrosurgical principles for anterior circulation aneurysms -- Treatment of ruptured cerebral aneurysms: clip and coil, not clip versus coil -- Distal anterior cerebral artery aneurysms -- Treatment of complex intracranial aneurysms of anterior circulation using multiple clips -- Overview of spontaneous cervicocephalic arterial dissection in Japan -- Incidence of intracranial arterial dissection in non-emergency outpatients complaining of headache: preliminary investigation with MRI/MRA examinations -- A study of vertebrobasilar artery dissection with subarachnoid hemorrhage -- Surgical treatment of intracranial VA dissecting aneurysm -- Management of spontaneous dissection of the cervical carotid artery -- Natural history of arteriovenous malformations: presentation, risk of hemorrhage and mortality -- Present state of microneurosurgery of cerebral arteriovenous malformations -- Management of dural arteriovenous fistulas: Helsinki and Kuopio experience -- The rationale behind "a randomized trial of unruptured brain AVMs" (ARUBA) -- Posterior circulation EC-IC bypass via supracerebellar transtentorial SCTT approach applied in a young patient with congenital multiple occlusive cerebrovascular anomalies: case report and technical note -- Superficial temporal artery-to-middle cerebral artery anastomosis with encephalo-duro-myo-synangiosis as a modified operative procedure for moyamoya disease -- Long-term results of carotid endarterectomy and carotid stenting -- Application of microscope integrated indocyanine green video-angiography during microneurosurgical treatment of intracranial aneurysms: a review -- Principles of neuroanesthesia in stroke surgery -- Prevention of symptomatic vasospasm by continuous cisternal irrigation with mock-CSF containing ascorbic acid and Mg2+.
- Sutureless anastomoses 2007, Springer
- Syncope 2011, Springer
- Systemic vasculitis 2012, Springer
- Sect. I: Pulmonary arteries, aorta, peripheral vessels -- Sect. II: Coronary arteries -- Sect. III: Intracardiac masses -- Sect. IV: Endocardium and valves -- Sect. V: Pericardium and myocardium -- Sect. VI: Congenital heart disease.
- Textbook of pulmonary vascular disease 2011, Springer
- Therapeutic angiogenesis for vascular diseases 2011, Springer
- Thrombolytic therapy for acute stroke. 2nd ed. 2005, Springer
- Translational stroke research 2012, Springerpt. 1.Theoretical Overview --Vascular Targets for Ischemic Stroke Treatment /Sara Morales Palomares and Marilyn J. Cipolla --Identifying Vascular Targets to Treat Hemorrhagic Stroke /Paul A. Lapchak --Experimental Platforms for Assessing White Matter Pathophysiology in Stroke /Ken Arai, Loc-Duyen D. Pham and Eng H. Lo --Neuroprotection in Stroke /Aarti Sarwal, Muhammad Shazam Hussain and Ashfaq Shuaib.pt. 2.Mechanisms & Targets --Protein Aggregation and Multiple Organelle Damage After Brain Ischemia /Chunli H. Liu, Fan Zhang, Tibor Krisrian, Brian Polster and Gary M. Fiskum, et al. --Antioxidants and Stroke: Success and Pitfalls /Fernanda M. F. Roleira, Elisiário J. Tavares-da-Silva, Jorge Garrido and Fernanda Borges --Caspase-Independent Stroke Targets /Ruoyang Shi, Jiequn Weng, Paul Szelemej and Jiming Kong --Hypoxia-Inducible Factor: A New Hope to Counteract Stroke /Chunhua Chen and Changman Zhou --Thrombin in Ischemic Stroke Targeting /Bo Chen --Toll-Like Receptor Agonists as Antecedent Therapy for Ischemic Brain Injury: Advancing Preclinical Studies to the Nonhuman Primate /Frances Rena Bahjat, Keri B. Vartanian, G. Alexander West and Mary P. Stenzel-Poore --Angiogenesis and Arteriogenesis as Stroke Targets /Jieli Chen and Michael Chopp --Hematopoietic Growth Factor Family for Stroke Drug Development /Ihsan Solaroglu and Murat Digicaylioglu --Soluble Epoxide Hydrolase as a Stroke Target /Jonathan W. Nelson and Nabil J. Alkayed --Membrane Potential as Stroke Target /Jens P. Dreier, Maren Winkler, Dirk Wiesenthal, Michael Scheel and Clemens Reiffurth --Hypothermia to Identify Therapeutic Targets for Stroke Treatment /Masaaki Hokari and Midori A. Yenari --Stroke Preconditioning to Identify Endogenous Protective or Regenerative Mechanisms /Liren Qian, Prativa Sherchan and Xuejun Sun --microRNAs in Ischemic Brain: The Fine-Tuning Specialists and Novel Therapeutic Targets /Ashutosh Dharap, Venkata P. Nakka and Raghu Vemuganti --Neuroglobin: A Novel Target for Endogenous Neuroprotection /Zhanyang Yu, Ning Liu and Xiaoying Wang --Characterization of Novel Neuroprotective Lipid Analogues for the Treatment of Stroke /Pamela Maher, Alain César Biraboneye and Jean-Louis Kraus --Na+/H+ Exchangers as Therapeutic Targets for Cerebral Ischemia /Yejie Shi and Dandan Sun --Iron as a Therapeutic Target in Intracerebral Hemorrhage: Preclinical Testing of Deferoxamine /Ya Hua, Richard F. Keep, Yuxiang Gu and Guohua Xi --Potential Therapeutic Targets for Cerebral Resuscitation After Global Ischemia /Yan Xu --The Splenic Response to Ischemic Stroke: Neuroinflammation, Immune Cell Migration, and Experimental Approaches to Defining Cellular Mechanisms /Christopher C. Leonardo, Hilary Seifert and Keith R. Pennypacker.pt. 3.Translational Models --Overcoming Barriers to Translation from Experimental Stroke Models /Ludmila Belayev --Animal Models of Stroke for Preclinical Drug Development: A Comparative Study of Flavonols for Cytoprotection /Carli L. Roulston, Sarah McCann, Robert M. Weston and Bevyn Jarrott --Clinical Relevance in a Translational Rodent Model of Acute Ischemic Stroke: Incorporating the Biological Variability of Spontaneous Recanalization /Kama Guluma --A Clinically Relevant Rabbit Embolic Stroke Model for Acute Ischemic Stroke Therapy Development: Mechanisms and Targets /Paul A. Lapchak --Animal Models of Intracranial Aneurysms /Elena I. Liang, Hiroshi Makino, Yoshiteru Tada, Kosuke Wada and Tomoki Hashimoto --Animal Models of SAH and Their Translation to Clinical SAH /Tommaso Zoerle and R. Loch Macdonald.pt. 4.De-risking of Drug Candidates --ADME (Absorption, Distribution, Metabolism, Excretion): The Real Meaning-Avoiding Disaster and Maintaining Efficacy for Preclinical Candidates /Katya Tsaioun and Steven A. Kates --CeeTox Analysis to De-risk Drug Development: The Three Antioxidants (NXY-059, Radicut, and STAZN) /Paul A. Lapchak.pt. 5.Therapy Delivery --Site-Specific, Sustained-Release Drug Delivery for Subarachnoid Hemorrhage /R. Loch Macdonald --Therapeutic Potential of Intranasal Delivery of Drugs and Cells for Stroke and Other Neurological Diseases /Heyu Chen, Caibin Sheng, Weiliang Xia and Weihai Ying.pt. 6.Therapy Development --High-Dose Albumin for Neuroprotection in Acute Ischemic Stroke: From Basic Investigations to Multicenter Clinical Trial /Myron D. Ginsberg --The Translation Procedure of Low-Level Laser Therapy in Acute Ischemic Stroke: A Nonpharmaceutics Noninvasive Method /Yair Lampl --Use of Microbubbles in Acute Stroke /Marta Rubiera and Carlos A. Molina --Transcranial High-Intensity Focused Ultrasound for Sonothrombolysis in Stroke /Thilo Hölscher, Golnaz Ahadi, Daniel Lotz, Cheryl Schendel and David Fisher, et al. --Cellular Therapy for Ischemic Stroke /Todd Deveau, Shan Ping Yu and Ling Wei.pt. 7.Clinical Trial Design --Repair-Based Therapies After Stroke /Steven C. Cramer --A Critical Review of Stroke Trial Analytical Methodology: Outcome Measures, Study Design, and Correction for Imbalances /Pitchaiah Mandava, Chase S. Krumpelman, Santosh B. Murthy and Thomas A. Kent --Metabolic Imaging in Translational Stroke Research /Krishna A. Dani and Keith W. Muir --Computational Analysis: A Bridge to Translational Stroke Treatment /Nirmalya Ghosh, Yu Sun, Christine Turenius, Bir Bhanu and Andre Obenaus, et al. --Innovations in Stroke Clinical Trial Design /Karen L. Furie, Michael K. Parides and Michael K. Parides.Pt. 1. Theoretical overview -- pt. 2. Mechanisms and targets -- pt. 3. Translational models -- pt. 4. De-risking of drug candidates -- pt. 5. Therapy delivery -- pt. 6. Therapy development -- pt. 7. Clinical trial design.
- Translational vascular medicine 2012, Springer
- Two symposia 2004, HighWire
- Ultrasonography in vascular diagnosis. 2nd ed. 2011, Springer
- Ultrasonography in vascular diagnosis. [1st English ed.] 2005, Springer
- Ultrasound and carotid bifurcation atherosclerosis 2012, Springer
- Update on clopidogrel and dual anti-platelet therapy 2006, HighWire
- Valvular heart disease in clinical practice 2009, SpringerThe Mitral Valve Disease / Michael Henein and John Pepper -- Aortic Valve Disease / Michael Henein and Joseph Maalouf -- Right Heart Valve Disease / Michael Henein -- Pulmonary Valve Disease / Michael Henein and Wei Li -- Stress Echo in Valvular Heart Disease / Eugenio Picano -- Valve Substitutes / John Chambers -- Native and Prosthetic Valve Endocarditis / Maurizio Galderisim and Sergio Mondillo.
- Vascular biology protocols 2007, Springer ProtocolsRat carotid artery balloon injury model / David A. Tulis -- Histological and morphometric analyses for rat carotid balloon injury model / David A. Tulis -- Plaque rupture model in mice / Takeshi Sasaki, Kae Nakamura and Masafumi Kuzuya -- Immunostaining of mouse atherosclerotic lesions / Hong Lu, Debra L. Rateri and Alan Daugherty -- Surgical animal model of ventricular hypertrophy / Giuseppe Marano and Alberto U. Ferrari -- Animal models of hypertension / Brett M. Mitchell, Thomas Wallerath and Ulrich Förstermann -- Rat models of cardiac insulin resistance / Sanjoy Ghosh, Brian Rodrigues and Jun Ren -- The Isolated, perfused pseudo-working heart model / Gary J. Grover and Rajni Singh -- Altering and analyzing glucose metabolism in perfused hearts of transgenic mice / Rajakumar V. Donthi and Paul N. Epstein -- Methods in the evaluation of cardiovascular renin angiotensin aldosterone activation and oxidative stress / Camila Manrique -- Detection and quantification of apoptosis in the vasculature / Wendy A. Boivin and David J. Granville -- Endothelial progenitor cell and mesenchymal stem cell isolation, characterization, viral transduction / Keith R. Brunt, Sean R. R. Hall, Christopher A. Ward, and Luis G. Melo -- Assessment of endothelial damage/dysfunction: a focus on circulating endothelial cells / Christopher J. boos, Andrew D. Blann, and Gregory Y. H. Lip -- Evaluation of endothelial function by in vivo microscopy / Rosario Scalia -- Hapotaxis of endothelial cell migration under flow / Steve Hsu, Rahul Thakar, and Song Li -- Isolation, culture, and functional analysis of adult mouse cardiomyocytes / Ronglih Liao and Mohit Jain -- Mechanical measurement of contractile function of isolated ventricular myocytes / Loren E. Wold and Jun Ren -- Studying ischemia and reperfusion in isolated neonatal rat ventricular myocytes using coverslip hypoxia / Kelly R. Pitts and Christopher F. Toombs -- Isolation and functional studies of rat aortic smooth muscle cells / Nair Sreejayan and Xiaoping Yang -- Detection of reactive oxygen species and nitric oxide in vascular cells and tissues / Hua Cai, Sergey Dikalow, Kathy K. Griendling, and David G. Harrison -- Assessment of protein glycoxidation in ventricular tissues / Shi-Yan Li and Jun Ren -- Assessment of PI-3 kinase and Akt in ischemic heart diseases in diabetes / Takashi Matsui and Amy J. Davidoff -- Two-dimensional gel electrophoresis in platelet proteomics research / Ángel García -- Stem cell therapy in the heart and vasculature / Loren E. Wold, Wangde Dai, Joan S. Dow, and Robert A. Kloner.
- Vascular complications in human disease 2008, Springer
- Vascular dementia 2005, SpringerThe aging population and the importance of vascular dementia / Kelly L. Lange and Robert H. Paul -- Clinical forms of vascular dementia / Gustavo C. Román -- Neuropathological substrates of vascular ischemic dementia / Kurt A. Jellinger -- Diagnosis of vascular dementia : conceptual challenges / José G. Merino and Vladimir Hachinski -- Cerebral hemodynamics in the elderly / Jorge M. Serrador and Lewis A. Lipsitz -- The cadasil syndrome and other genetic causes of stroke and vascular dementia / Stephen Salloway and Sophie Desbiens -- Estrogen, the cerebrovascular system, and dementia / Sharon X.C. Yang and George A. Kuchel -- Hypertension and cerebrovascular disease : effects of hypertension on young and middle-aged rhesus monkeys / Mark B. Moss and Elizabeth M. Jonak -- The cognitive profile of vascular dementia / Angela Lee Jefferson ... [et al.] -- Progression of cognitive impairments associated with cerebrovascular disease / Sally Stephens ... [et al.] -- Neuropsychiatric correlates of vascular injury : vascular dementia and related neurobehavioral syndromes / Anand Kumar, Helen Lavretsky, and Ebrahim Haroon -- Functional impairment in vascular dementia / Patricia A. Boyle and Deborah Cahn-Weiner -- Functional brain imaging of cerebrovascular disease / Ronald Cohen ... [et al.] -- Contributions of subcortical lacunar infarcts to cognitive impairment in older persons / Dan Mungas --White matter hyperintensities and cognition / David J. Moser, Jason E. Kanz, and Kelly Davis Garrett -- Poststroke dementia : the role of strategic infarcts / Anelyssa D'Abreu and Brian R. Ott -- Understanding incidence and prevalence rates in mixed dementia / John Gunstad and Jeffery Browndyke -- Vascular basement membrane abnormalities and alzheimer's disease / Edward G. Stopa, Brian D. Zipser, and John E. Donahue -- Amyloid beta and the cerebral vasculature / Paula Grammas -- Cerebrovascular disease and the expression of Alzheimer's disease / Margaret M. Esiri and Zsuzsanna Nagy -- The neuropsychological differentiation between Alzheimer's disease and subcortical vascular dementia / David J. Libon ... [et al.] -- Pharmacological treatment of vascular dementia / Timo Erkinjuntti ... [et al.] -- Understanding and managing caregiver burden in cerebrovascular disease / Geoffrey Tremont, Jennifer Duncan Davis, and Mary Beth Spitznagel -- Quality of life in patients with vascular dementia / Rebecca E. Ready and Brian R. Ott -- Approaches to neuroprotection and recovery enhancement after acute stroke / Marc Fisher and Magdy Selim.
- Vascular interventional radiology 2007, Springer
- Vascular interventional radiology. 2nd ed. 2012, Springer
- Vascular liver disease 2011, Springer
- Vascular mechanics and pathology 2007, Springer
- Vascular surgery 2012, Springer
- Vascular surgery. 3rd ed. 2011, Springer
- Vascular surgery. 3rd ed., rev. and expanded. 2004, CRCnetBASE
- Vasculitis in clinical practice 2010, SpringerDefinitions -- Classification and epidemiology -- General presentation of the vasculitides -- General principles of treatment -- Giant cell arteritis -- Takayasu arteritis -- Wegener's granulomatosis -- Churg-Strauss syndrome -- Microscopic polyangiitis -- Polyarteritis nodosa -- Kawasaki disease -- Henoch-Schonlein purpura -- Behcet's dsease -- Cryoglobulinemic vasculitis -- Vasculitis mimics -- Secondary vasculitis -- Primary angiitis of the central nervous system vasculitis -- Relapsing polychondritis -- Cogan's syndrome.
- Visceral vascular manipulations 2011, ScienceDirect
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- AAP Red Book Online
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Sabiston Textbook of Surgery
- Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics
- Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics
- Mandell, Douglas, & Bennett's Principles & Practice of Infectious Diseases
- Red Book Online
- ICU Book
- Primary Care Medicine
- Campbell-Walsh Urology
Shortcut to Licensed Content
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Links” (IE7) or “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
Shortcut for iPhone
What is it?
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) gives you access to resources licensed by the library even when you're not coming from a Lane or a Stanford IP address.
While we'd like Lane to be your gateway to our licensed content, we recognize that links to books, articles and journals come from a variety of different sources (Google, your email, RSS reader, etc.).
When installed, it will look your browser bookmark.
At the page you would like to proxy, click the "Lane Gateway to Licensed Content" to invoke it.
If Lane licenses that content, you'll get access as if you were on campus.
How does it work?
This allows you to view the URL as though you were on campus, giving you access to materials licensed for use by the Stanford academic community.
If you're not authenticated, you'll be prompted for your SUNetID and password.
Don't see the Toolbar, Bookmarks, or Links or Favorites bar?
From the "View" menu, select "Toolbars" & choose "Bookmarks Toolbar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Show Bookmarks Bar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Always Show Bookmarks Bar"
- Right-click in a clear area near the browser address bar
- In the menu, check a box next "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites" (IE8, IE9)
- Managing IE Favorites
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) only works with resources Lane has licensed and configured to work with our proxy server.
If invoked on a resource we do not license and/or have not yet configured, you will see an error message:
The Lane proxy server cannot complete your request because this host has not been configured properly.
We make no attempt to configure our proxy server for every resource, only those we license and for which a Stanford IP address grants access.
Drag this button onto your browser toolbar to install.
- Right click this button
- Select "Add to Favorites", click "Continue" if you see a security alert
- In "Create in" menu, select "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites Bar" (IE8, IE9) to install
Drag this button onto Safari Bookmarks bar to install.
Can't find it?
- Springer Protocols
- MD Consult
- Lange Series
- National Academy Press
- NCBI Bookshelf
- Thieme Atlases