Books by Subject
- Abdominal obesity--a driver of cardiometabolic risk — Clinical decisions in nephrology, hypertension and kidney transplantation (103)
- Clinical Insights-- geriatric valvular disease — If inhibition : the new strategy in cardiovascular risk management : proceedings of a satellite symposium held during the European Society of Cardiology Congress, Vienna, Austria, September 3, 2007 (103)
- Image-guided interventions. Second edition [2nd ed.] — Polymyalgia rheumatica and giant cell arteritis (103)
- Practical approach to cardiovascular medicine — White matter injury in stroke and CNS disease (103)
- 2006 HighWireJean-Pierre Després ... [et al.].
- 2015 SpringerPasquale Perrone Filardi, editor.This book summarizes how the renin angiotensin system is implicated in the progression of atherosclerotic disease as well as of left ventricular dysfunction and reviews the action of angiotensin converting enzyme inhibitors and AT1 receptor antagonists on reducing morbidity and mortality in patients with left ventricular dysfunction or in those at high cardiovascular risk with preserved ventricular function. ACEi and ARBS in Hypertension and Heart Failure is a highly practical reference reviewing the evidence and providing a rationale for the appropriate use of RAS antagonists in cardiovascular diseases. It is written in an easy-to-follow format and with many illustrations to aid clarity and the assimilation of information. Each chapter is written by established authorities in their fields who are also experienced in explaining often complex concepts. The result is a unique book which is not only comprehensive but also clear and useful for the busy medical practitioner.
- 2007edited by Anish Bhardwaj [and others].Status: Not Checked OutLane Catalog Record
- 2012 Future Mededitor, Harvey D. White.Advances in acute coronary syndrome management / Harvey White -- Etiology and overview / Ralph A.H. Stewart -- Biomarkers in acute coronary syndromes / Harvey D. White -- Clinical risk scores in ACS management : current and future directions / Derek P. Chew & Leong Lee -- Antithrombotic therapies / Paul A. Gurbel & Udaya S. Tantry -- Lipid-lowering therapy / Joel A. Lardizabal & Prakash C. Deedwania -- Antihypertensive therapies / Grégoire Wuerzner, Olivier Muller & Michel Burnier -- Interventional approaches to acute coronary syndromes / Neal S. Kleiman -- Noninvasive imaging in acute coronary syndromes / Govind Srinivasan & Joseph Selvanayagam -- Electrocardiography in acute coronary syndromes / Cheuk-Kit Wong & Harvey D. White -- Current guidelines for acute coronary syndromes / Michel E. Bertrand -- Index.
- 2010 SpringerDavid Abraham ... [et al.], (eds.).
- 2007 Ovid[edited by] Joseph Alpert, Ian Nixon ; associate editors, Gerard P. Aurigemma ... [et al.].
- 2011 OvidAurigemma, Gerard P.; Nixon, J. V.
- 2007 CRCnetBASEedited by Napoleone Ferrara.
- 2008 ScienceDirectedited by David Cheresh.
- pt. A-B, 2008. ScienceDirectpt. B ScienceDirecteditor, David A. Cheresh.Also available: Print – pt. A-B, 2008.
- Angiotensin receptor blockers in cardiovascular protection - a new era in evidence-based medicine? : proceedings from the Symposium "New directions in Cardiovascular Research', held in Berlin, Germany, August 30, 2002.2003 HighWireAlso available: Print – 2003
- 2014 ScienceDirectedited by Atta-ur-Rahman, FRS, and Muhammad Iqbal Choudhary.The inhibition of angiogenesis is an effective mechanism of slowing down tumor growth and malignancies. The process of induction or pro-angiogenesis is highly desirable for the treatment of cardiovascular diseases, wound healing disorders, and more. Efforts to understand the molecular basis, both for inhibition and induction, have yielded fascinating results. Originally published by Bentham and now distributed by Elsevier, Anti-Angiogenesis Drug Discovery and Development, Volume 2 is an compilation of well-written reviews on various aspects of the anti-angiogenesis process. These reviews have been contributed by leading practitioners in drug discovery science and highlight the major developments in this exciting field in the last two decades. These reader-friendly chapters cover topics of great scientific importance, many of which are considered significant medical breakthroughs, making this book excellent reading both for the novice as well as for expert medicinal chemists and clinicians.
- 2005 HighWireedited by Hans-Christoph Diener, Freek Verheugt.Also available: Print – 2005
- 2004 HighWireedited by Freek W.A. Verheugt, Elliot M. Antman.Also available: Print – 2004
- 2012 SpringerPaolo Gresele, Gustav V. R Born, Carlo Patrono, Clive P. Page, editors.Part 1. Pathophysiology. Platelets: Production, Morphology and Ultrastructure / Jonathan N. Thon and Joseph E. Italiano -- Platelet Receptors / Alexandre Kauskot and Marc F. Hoylaerts -- Platelet Signaling / Timothy J. Stalker, Debra K. Newman, Peisong Ma, Kenneth M. Wannemacher and Lawrence F. Brass -- Platelet Interaction with the Vessel Wall / Philip G. de Groot, Rolf T. Urbanus and Mark Roest -- Platelets in Atherosclerosis and Thrombosis / Christian Schulz and Steffen Massberg -- Part 2. Pharmacology. Aspirin and Other COX-1 Inhibitors / Carlo Patrono and Bianca Rocca -- Thienopyridines and Other ADP-Receptor Antagonists / Isabell Bernlochner and Dirk Sibbing -- Glycoprotein IIb/IIIa Antagonists / Karen M. Hook and Joel S. Bennett -- Targeting Phosphodiesterases in Anti-platelet Therapy / Matthew T. Rondina and Andrew S. Weyrich -- PAR-1 Inhibitors: A Novel Class of Antiplatelet Agents for the Treatment of Patients with Atherothrombosis / Sergio Leonardi and Richard C. Becker -- Thromboxane Receptors Antagonists and/or Synthase Inhibitors / Giovanni Davì, Francesca Santilli and Natale Vazzana -- Inhibitors of the Interaction Between von Willebrand Factor and Platelet GPIb/IX/V / Paolo Gresele and Stefania Momi -- Inhibitors of the Interactions Between Collagen and Its Receptors on Platelets / Hans Deckmyn, Simon F. De Meyer, Katleen Broos and Karen Vanhoorelbeke -- Intracellular Signaling as a Potential Target for Antiplatelet Therapy / Patrick Andre -- Novel Targets for Platelet Inhibition / Kathleen Freson and Chris Van Geet -- Variability of Platelet Indices and Function: Acquired and Genetic Factors / Giovanni de Gaetano, Iolanda Santimone, Francesco Gianfagna, Licia Iacoviello and Chiara Cerletti -- Small RNAs as Potential Platelet Therapeutics / Leonard C. Edelstein and Paul F. Bray -- Pharmacological Modulation of the Inflammatory Actions of Platelets / Richard Amison, Clive Page and Simon Pitchford -- Part 3. Therapy. The Role of Laboratory Monitoring in Antiplatelet Therapy / Marco Cattaneo -- Antiplatelet Agents in Ischemic Heart Disease / Christopher H. May and A. Michael Lincoff -- Antiplatelet Therapy in Cerebrovascular Disorders / Ralph Weber, Johannes Brenck and Hans-Christoph Diener -- Antiplatelet Therapy in Peripheral Artery Disease / Francesco Violi, Stefania Basili, Jeffrey S. Berger and William R. Hiatt -- Primary Prevention of Ischaemic Cardiovascular Disorders with Antiplatelet Agents / Tom Mead.
- 2014 Wileyedited by Ron Waksman, Paul A. Gurbel, Michael A. Gaglia, Jr.
- 2009 Springeredited by Gilbert R. Upchurch Jr., Enrique Criado ; foreword by Raman Berguer.
- 2009 ClinicalKeyStuart J. Hutchison.Aortic physiology and function: anatomic and histologic considerations -- Anatomic variants of the aorta -- Examination and imaging of the aorta -- Acute aortic dissection -- Aortic intramural hematoma -- Late complications of aortic dissection -- Aortic complications of catheterization, surgery, and instrumentation -- Aortic atheromatous disease: plaques, debris, and obstruction -- Aortic atheromatous disease: thrombosis, thromboembolism, and atheroembolism -- Aortic atheromatous disease: ulcers and penetrating aortic ulcers -- Thoracic aortic aneurysms -- Abdominal aortic aneurysms -- Endovascular therapy for thoracic aortic pathology -- Diseases of the aortic root -- Congenital bicuspid aortic valve-associated aortopathy -- Coarctation and atresia of the aorta -- Marfan syndrome -- Traumatic disruption of the aorta -- Tumors of the aorta -- Infectious and mycotic aneurysms -- Noninfectious aortitis: Takayasu's disease -- Noninfectious aortitis: giant cell aortitis, SLE, and other aortitides.
- 2011 SpringerKewal K. Jain.
- 2015 SpringerAdel Berbari, Giuseppe Mancia, editors.As our knowledge about arterial disease is greatly expanding, the aim of this book is to explore all aspects of arterial pathology, including classification, clinical manifestations, pathogenesis, and therapeutic options. The discussion of pathophysiologic mechanisms of arterial disease is wide ranging, encompassing hemodynamic, metabolic, humoral, inflammatory, genetic and environmental factors. Particular emphasis is placed on recent concepts, such as: the role of age-associated arterial alterations in the initiation and progression of cardiovascular diseases in older persons, the importance of mineral metabolism-bone vascular interactions, the clinical and prognostic significance of the renal resistive index, retinal circulation, toxemia of pregnancy as an arterial disease, and the role of pulmonary/vascular interaction in pulmonary hypertension and cross-talk of macrocirculation and microcirculation in target organ involvement. Evaluation procedures are carefully explained, and the full range of currently available therapeutic options, including lifestyle modifications and pharmacologic approaches, are described and appraised.
- 2016 ClinicalKey[edited by] Roberto M. Lang, Steven A. Goldstein, Itzhak Kronzon, Bijoy K. Khandheria, Victor Mor-Avi.Written and endorsed by world experts from the American Society of Echocardiography (ASE), this unique multimedia resource uses text, case studies, and online components to cover the latest uses of echocardiography, including the most recent 2D and 3D advances. Unlike other existing textbooks in echocardiography, including the predecessor of this volume, entitled Dynamic Echocardiography, this 2nd edition, with its new title, covers a full range of topics, reflected in its 200 chapters that include essential material in a succinct format. Dr. Roberto M. Lang and his expert colleagues provide everything you need to assess cardiac anatomy and function and obtain clinically useful, noninvasive information for more accurate diagnosis and evaluation of heart disease.
- 2015 SpringerEnrico Agabiti Rosei, Giuseppe Mancia, editors.This book presents up-to-date information on how to assess early preclinical alterations in the heart, the small and large arteries and the kidney in the general and the hypertensive population, using the most sensitive, specific and cost-effective techniques. A wide variety of techniques are discussed, with careful attention to the latest developments. For each organ, evidence is documented regarding the prevalence of organ damage. Information is provided on the potential induction of regression of organ damage by treatment, the criteria for establishing significant changes and the clinical prognostic significance of regression. The manual will be invaluable for all practitioners responsible for the clinical management of hypertensive patients, given that the assessment of early preclinical cardiovascular and renal damage permits more accurate risk stratification at baseline and facilitates evaluation of cardiovascular protection when regression of structural changes is achieved during treatment.
- 2005 Springereditor, Arnold von Eckardstein ; contributors, J. Ahrens ... [et al.].
- 2008 SpringerJordan L. Holtzman.
- 2011 SpringerJasjit S. Suri, Chirinjeev Kathuria, Filippo Molinart, editors.Atherosclerosis is a degenerative process affecting blood vessels, which determines narrowing of the lumen, plaque growth, and hardening of the walls. It is a risk factor for cardiovascular diseases. The focus of this book is on the management of the atherosclerotic disease. The coverage of this book spans from histological presentation of the various stages of atherosclerotic lesions to the earliest studies in atherosclerosis therapy, from advanced clinical diagnosis to monitoring, follow-up, and home-care of the atherosclerotic patient. The book shows well-established diagnostic techniques covering several medical imaging modalities such as Ultrasounds, IVUS, MRI, Computer Tomography, along with new trends in early and advanced atherosclerosis diagnosis (innovative drugs and tissue characterization procedures). Surgical standards will be presented along with innovative experimental trials for the treatment of the atherosclerotic patient. The book will also cover emerging techniques based on molecular imaging and vibro-acoustics.
- 2007 Kargervolume editors, Michel E. Safar, Edward D. Frohlich.
- 2015 Wileyedited by Hong Wang and Cam Patterson.
- 2011 Springereditor, Scott M. Grundy.The Metabolic Syndrome -- Epidemiology of the Metabolic Syndrome and Risk for Cardiovascular Disease and Diabetes -- The Metabolic Syndrome and Atherogenesis -- Triglyceride-Rich Lipoproteins -- High-Density Lipoprotein Metabolism -- Newer Coronary Risk Factors -- Dietary Effects on Cardiovascular Risk Factors -- Strategies for Treating Abnormal Lipid Profiles with Drugs -- Ethnic Differences in the Metabolic Syndrome -- Obesity Management -- Diabetes Mellitus and Cardiovascular Disease -- Gender Differences in Coronary Risk Factors and Risk Interventions.
- Atlas of cardiovascular computed tomography : an imaging companion to Braunwald's heart disease. [1st ed.]2010 ClinicalKey[edited by] Allen J. Taylor.Cardiac CT : how it works / J. Jeffrey Carr -- Optimizing CT image quality / wm. Guy Weigold -- Contrast medium administration / Dominik Fleischmann -- Systematic analysis of cardiac CT / John A. Rumberger -- Coronary CT angiography : normal anatomy / Ricardo C. Cury and Roberto C. Cury -- Coronary CT angiography : obstructive coronary artery disease / Stephan Achenbach -- Detection of calcified atherosclerosis / Allen J. Taylor -- Coronary CT angiography : the patient with noncalcified plaque / Joanne D. Schuijf and Jeroen J. Bax -- The post-revascularization patient / Matthew J. Budoff -- Advanced vessel analysis / Harvey S. Hecht -- Applications of PET-CT and SPECT-CT / Marcelo F. Di Carli -- The left ventricle / Andreas H. Mahnken -- CT detection of myocardial perfusion, infarction, and viability / Richard T. George, Joao A.C. Lima, and Albert C. Lardo -- The right ventricle / David Bush -- Coronary veins, systemic veins, and atria / Jerold S. Shinbane ... [et al.] -- Aortic disease / Michael A. Bolen and Suhny Abbara -- Valvular heart disease / Hatem Alkadhi -- Prosthetic heart valves / Tracy Q. Callister -- Pericardial disease / Thomas C. Gerber, Birgit Kantor, and Eric E. Williamson -- Adult congenital heart disease / Stephen C. Cook -- Intracardiac masses / Amgad N. Makaryus and Lawrence M. Boxt -- Noncardiac findings identified on cardiovascular CT / Jonathan D. Dodd and Ricardo C. Cury.
- 2015 AccessEmergency Medicineeditors, Cedric Lefebvre, James C. O'Neill, David M. Cline.Anatomy -- Electrocardiogarphy: normal heart, acute ischemia, and chronic disease -- Principles of cardiovascular imaging -- Devices -- Arrhythmias -- Vascular disease -- Cardiomyopathies -- Pediatric cardiology -- Procedures.
- Atlas of cardiovascular magnetic resonance imaging : an imaging companion to Braunwald's heart disease2010 ClinicalKey[edited by] Christopher M. Kramer, W. Greg Hundley.Normal cardiac anatomy / Saul G. Myerson, and Stefan Neubauer -- Normal vessel anatomy / Housseini M. Ahmed, Ugur Bozlar, Patrick T. Norton, and Klaus D. Hagspiel -- Left ventricular volumes, ejection fraction, mass, and shape / Nathaniel Reichek, and Dipti Gupta -- Measuring regional function / Nael F. Osman, Alexander Jehle, and Frederick H. Epstein -- Size and function of the right ventricle / Albert C. van Rossum, and Simon C. Koestner -- Atria and pulmonary veins / Saman Nazarian, David A. Bluemke, Hugh Calkins, and Henry R. Halperin -- Valvular heart disease / Marcus Y. Chen, and Andrew E. Arai -- Myocardial masses / Jennifer A. Dickerson, and Subha V. Raman -- Pericardial disease / Rajan A. G. Patel, and Christopher M. Kramer -- Dilated cardiomyopathy and myocardial infarction / NikolaosTzemos, Gabriel Vorobiof, adn Ryamond Y. Kwong -- Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy / Andrew S. Flett, and James C. Moon -- Iron cardiomyopathy / John C. Wood, and Nilesh Ghugre -- Myocarditis / Matthias G. Friedrich, and Oliver Strohm -- Simple congenital heart disease / Rebecca S. Beroukhim, and Tal Geva -- Complex congenital heart disease / Mark A. Fogel -- Postoperative evaluation of congenitial heart disease / Karen G. Ordovas, and Charles B. Higgins-- Perfusion stress magnetic resonance / Amedeo Chiribiri, Sven Plein, and Eike Nagel-- Wall motion stress magnetic resonance / William O. Ntim, Rahul Aggarwal, Chirapa Puntawangkoon, and W. Gregory Hundley -- Delayed-enhancement magnetic resonance / Chetan Shenoy, Annamalai Senthilkumar, and Raymond F. Kim -- Peripheral magnetic resonance angiography / Rajiv Agarwal, and Scott D. Flamm -- Diseases of the aorta / Mark A. Lawson -- Renal arteries / Christopher J. Francois, and Thomas M. Grist -- Coronary arteries and bypass grafts / Hajime Sakuma, and Yasutaka Ichikawa -- Coronary anomalies / Shahriar Heidary, and Michael V. McConnell -- Carotid atherosclerotic disease / Chun Yuan, Baocheng Chu, Niranjan Balu, Marina Ferguson, and Thomas S. Hatsukami -- Plaque and wall assessment / Alistair C. Lindsay, Justin M. Lee, Ilias Kylintireas, Matthew D. Robson, and Robin P. Choudhury.
- 2014 SpringerGratian Dragoslav Miclaus, Horia Ples.This atlas presents normal and pathologic findings observed on CT angiography with 3D reconstruction in a diverse range of clinical applications, including the imaging of cerebral, carotid, thoracic, coronary, abdominal, and peripheral vessels. The superb illustrations display the excellent anatomic detail obtained with CT angiography and depict the precise location of affected structures and lesion severity. Careful comparisons between normal imaging features and pathologic appearances will assist the reader in image interpretation and treatment planning, and the described cases include some very rare pathologies. In addition, the technical principles of the modality are clearly explained and guidance provided on imaging protocols. This atlas will be of value both to those in training and to more experienced practitioners within not only radiology but also cardiovascular surgery, neurosurgery, cardiology, and neurology.
- 2012 ClinicalKey[edited by] Jose I. Almeida.Venous anatomy / Jose Almeida -- Noninvasive diagnosis of venous disorders / Jose Almeida -- Venous pathophysiology / Nico Labropoulos, Rafael Malgor -- Endovenous thermal ablation of saphenous reflux / Jose Almeida -- Endovenous radiofrequency ablation : current data / Jose Almeida -- Endovenous laser ablation : current data / Jose Almeida -- Chemical ablation / Jose Almeida -- Perforating veins / Jose Almeida -- Ambulatory phlebectomy / Jose Almeida -- Endovenous approach to recurrent varicose veins / Jose Almeida -- Spider telangiectasias / Edward Mackay -- Thromboembolic disease / Timothy Liem -- Endovenous placement of IVC filter / Timothy Liem -- Endovenous thrombectomy/thrombolysis / Nicos Labropoulos, Antonios Gasparis, Rafael Malgor -- Post-thrombotic syndrome / Nicos Labropoulos, Antonios Gasparis, Rafael Malgor -- Iliofemoral venous occlusive disease / Jose Almeida -- Pelvic congestion syndrome and ovarian vein reflux / Constantino Pena, James F. Benenati -- Endovenous management of central and upper extremity veins / Constantino Pena -- Venous malformations / Constantino Pena, Vittorio Anatonaci, Barry T. Katzen -- Venous ulcers / Ronald Bush -- Severity scoring & measuring outcomes / Michael Vazquez, Carolyn E. Munschaeu -- Evidence-based summary of guidelines from the American venous forum / Mark H. Meissner.
- 2015 SpringerMilind Desai, Christine Jellis, Teerapat Yingchoncharoen, editors.Normal -- Stenosis -- Regurgitation -- Ischemic -- functional -- Infectious -- Perforations -- Role of stress -- Per procedural planning -- Interoperable findings -- Percutaneous repair -- Postoperative repair -- Postoperative follow-up.
- 2005 Springeredited by Guillem Pons-Lladó, Francesc Carreras.
- 2011 ThiemeConrad Wittram."Packed with detailed, clearly labeled radiologic images on every page, this lavishly illustrated atlas teaches readers how to identify and quickly diagnose the spectrum of pulmonary vascular pathologies using the full range of imaging modalities. Each concise yet comprehensive chapter provides systematic coverage of the imaging manifestations of common, uncommon, and rare diseases. Explanatory text supplements each high-quality image to highlight only the most relevant, must-know information"--Provided by publisher.
- 2007 Ovid[editor] Renan Uflacker ; illustrations by José Falcetti ; with contributions by Carlos Jader Feldman ... [et al.].The fetal circulation -- Arteries of the head and neck -- Veins of the head and neck -- Lymphatic system of the head and neck -- Arteries of the spinal cord and spine -- Veins of the spinal cord and spine -- Thoracic aorta and arteries of the trunk -- Veins of the thorax -- Lymphatic system of the thorax -- Pulmonary arterial circulation -- Pulmonary venous circulation -- Pulmonary and thoracic lymphatic system -- Heart and coronary arteries -- Cardiac veins -- Arteries of the upper extremity -- Veins of the upper extremity -- Lymphatic drainage of the upper extremity -- Abdominal aorta and branches -- Arteries of the pelvis -- Veins of the abdomen and pelvis -- Lymphatic system of the abdomen and pelvis -- Arteries of the lower extremity -- Veins of the lower extremity -- Lymphatic system of the lower extremity.
- 2014 ClinicalKey[edited by] Elliot L. Chaikof, Richard P. Cambria.Featuring an easy-to-access, highly visual approach, Atlas of Vascular Surgery and Endovascular Therapy offers the comprehensive, step-by-step guidance you need to achieve optimal outcomes in the treatment of venous disorders. Covering the full range of diseases/disorders most important to vascular surgeons, this full-color, one-volume, atlas presents over 100 common and complex procedures, including open and endovascular techniques, with an emphasis on anatomy and imaging studies as they apply to each technique. Know what to do and expect with comprehensive coverage of almost every procedure you might need to perform. Find answers fast thanks to a consistent and logical chapter structure. (Indications, Surgical Anatomy, Preoperative Considerations, Operative Steps, Postoperative Considerations, Pearls & Pitfalls, and References) Review key techniques prior to performing surgery. Clinical images and 37 real-time video clips capture key moments in procedures including: surgical repair of a suprarenal aortic aneurysm; surgical repair of thoracoabdominal aortic aneurysm; endovascular treatment of aneurysms of the juxtarenal and pararenal aorta; surgical exposure and harvest of the femoropopliteal vein; and endovascular treatment of aortic arch vessels, subclavian and axillary artery. Visualize every procedure hanks to more than 1,000 full-color illustrations; including procedural photos and beautifully illustrated drawings that highlight the relevant anatomy and techniques in specific treatments. Prevent and plan for complications prior to a procedure thanks to a step-by-step approach to each procedure accompanied by relevant imaging studies. Glean all essential, up-to-date, need-to-know information about hot topics including: management of peripheral arterial disease; aortic aneurysms/aortic dissection; lower extremities/critical limb ischemia; and infra-inguinal occlusive disease. Access the fully searchable contents of the book and procedural videos online at Expert Consult.
- 2015 SpringerYoshiaki Ishigatsubo, editor.This book, besides reviewing basic and clinical aspects of Behėt's disease, covers the latest findings, including genetic studies and treatment with biologics for the disease. Although the cause of Behėt's disease is still unknown, it is well known that genetic factors, such as HLA-B51, are involved in its development. Recently, novel susceptibility loci including IL10, IL23R-IL12RB2, and endoplasmic reticulum aminopeptidase 1 have been identified, providing new insights into the pathogenesis of the disease. In addition to basic research, the beneficial efficacy of anti-TNF-alpha monoclonal antibodies has also been suggested for not only uveitis associated with the disease but also other subtypes of the disease such as entero-, vasculo-, and neuro- Behėt's disease. Behėt's Disease: From Genetics to Therapies provides essential information both for basic researchers working in the fields of immunology, inflammation, and genetics, and for clinical physicians who are interested in Behėt's disease, such as ophthalmologists, rheumatologists, dermatologists, gastroenterologists, neurologists, and vascular surgeons.
- 2009 HighWireedited by R. Willenheimer, E. Erdmann.
- 2006 Springeredited by Sukhinder Kaur Cheema.
- 2013 Springeredited by C. Yan Cheng.Regulation of permeability across the blood-brain barrier / Alexander S. Easton -- Drug transporters at brain barriers : expression and regulation by neurological disorders / Tamima Ashraf ... [et al.] -- The blood-retina barrier : tight junctions and barrier modulation / Matthew Campbell and Peter Humphries -- The inner blood-retinal barrier : molecular structure and transport biology / Ken-Ichi Hosoya and Masanori Tachikawa -- Endothelial and epithelial barriers in graft-versus-host disease / Sam C. Nalle and Jerrold R. Turner -- Structure and regulation of intestinal epithelial tight junctions : current concepts and unanswered questions / Andrei I. Ivanov -- Polarity protein complex scribble/Lgl/Dlg and epithelial cell barriers / Wen-Hui Su ... [et al.] -- The blood-biliary barrier, tight junctions, and human liver diseases / Nikki P. Lee -- The blood-follicle barrier (BFB) in disease and in ovarian function / Michelle K.Y. Siu and C. Yan Cheng -- Physiology and pathophysiology of the epithelial barrier of the female reproductive tract : role of ion channels / Hsiao Chang Chan ... [et al.] -- The blood-epididymis barrier and human male fertility / Øvemie Dubø and Daniel G. Cyr -- Blood-tissue barriers : morphofunctional and immunological aspects of the blood-testis and blood-epididymal barriers / Luiz R. França ... [et al.] -- Gap junctions and blood-tissue barriers / Michelle W.M. Li, Dolores D. Mruk, and C. Yan Cheng -- Transcriptional regulation of cell adhesion at the blood-testis barrier and spermatogenesis in the testis / Wing-Yee Lui and C. Yan Cheng -- C-Src and c-Yes are two unlikely partners of spermatogenesis and their roles in blood-testis barrier dynamics / Xiang Xiao ... [et al.] -- Role of P-glycoprotein at the blood-testis barrier on adjudin distribution in the testis : a revisit of recent data / Linlin Su ... [et al.] -- The apical ectoplasmic specialization-blood-testis barrier functional axis is a novel target for male contraception / Ka-Wai Mok ... [et al.].Also available: Print – 2013
- 2014 SpringerMichel E. Safar, Michael F. O'Rourke, Edward D. Frohlich, editors.Part I. Blood Pressure: Basic Concepts of Steady and Pulsatile Arterial Hemodynamics -- 1. Arterial Stiffness, Wave Reflection, Wave Amplification: Basic Concepts, Principles of Measurement and Analysis in Humans / Michael F. O'Rourke, Caroline O'Brien, and Thomas Weber -- 2. Large Arteries, Microcirculation, and Mechanisms of Hypertension / Harry A.J. Struijker-Boudier -- 3. Direct Measurement of Local Arterial Stiffness and Pulse Pressure / Luc M. Van Bortel, Tine De Backer, and Patrick Segers --4. Ventricular-Arterial Coupling and Mechanism of Wave Reflections / Julio A. Chirinos and Patrick Segers -- 5. Determination of Systemic and Regional Arterial Structure and Function / Pierre Boutouyrie, Laurent Macron, Elie Mousseaux, and Stéphane Laurent -- 6. Animal Models for Studies of Arterial Stiffness / Patrick Lacolley, Simon N. Thornton, and Yvonnick Bezie -- 7. Elastin, Calcium and Age-Related Stiffening of the Arterial Wall / Jeffrey Atkinson -- 8. Genetic and Cellular Aspects of Arterial Stiffness / Athanase Benetos, Abraham Aviv, Patrick Lacolley, Michel E. Safar, and Véronique Regnault -- Part II. Blood Pressure and Sodium Balance: Pathophysiological Mechanisms and Cardiovascular Risk -- 9. Mechanical Stress and the Arterial Wall / Ernesto L. Schiffrin, Alain Tedgui, and Stephanie Lehoux -- 10. Pulsatile Stress, Arterial Stiffness, and Endothelial Function / Robinson Joannidès, Jérémy Bellien, and Christian Thuillez -- 11. Hypoxia, Arterial Blood Pressure, and Microcirculation / Jean-Jacques Mourad, Jean-Sébastien Silvestre, and Bernard I. Lévy -- 12. The Reality of Aging Viewed from the Arterial Wall / Majd AlGhatrif and Edward G. Lakatta -- 13. Emerging Aspects of Angiotensin Biology and Their Potential Role in the Vasculature / Richard N. Re and Julia L. Cook -- 14. Arterial Stiffness and the Sympathetic Nervous System / Gianfranco Parati and Paolo Salvi -- 15. Oxidative Stress and Hypertension / Jing Wu and David G. Harrison -- 16. Heart Failure with Preserved Ejection Fraction / Scott L. Hummel -- 17. Structural Alterations in Arterial Stiffness: Role of Arterial Fibrosis / Javier Díez -- 18. Salt and Multiorgan Damage in Hypertension: Vascular Stiffening and Cardiorenal Structural Dysfunction Responses / Edward D. Frohlich -- 19. Preventive Lessons from Hypertension and Myocardial Infarction: Treating Asymptomatic Individuals to Lower the Risk for Subsequent Cardiovascular Events / Marc A. Pfeffer -- Part III. Hypertension: Evaluation of Cardiovascular Risk and Organ Damage -- 20. Value of Brachial and Central Blood Pressure for Predicting Cardiovascular Events / Stanley S. Franklin, Carmel M. McEniery, John R. Cockcroft, and Ian B. Wilkinson -- 21. Predictive Value of Arterial Stiffness for Cardiovascular Events / Stéphane Laurent, Pierre Boutouyrie, and Francesco Mattace Raso -- 22. Heart Rate, Synchrony and Arterial Hemodynamics / Alberto P. Avolio, Mark Butlin, and Isabella Tan -- 23. Pulse Pressure Amplification and Arterial Stiffness in Middle Age / Alberto P. Avolio, Mark Butlin, and Athanase D. Protogerou -- 24. Arterial Stiffness, Central Blood Pressure and Cardiac Remodelling: From Cardiac Hypertrophy to Heart Failure / Mary J. Roman and Richard B. Devereux -- 25. The Relationship Between Aortic Stiffness, Microvascular Disease in the Brain and Cognitive Decline: Insights into the Emerging Epidemic of Alzheimer's Disease / Angelo Scuteri, Jonathan Stone, and Michael F. O'Rourke -- 26. Arterial Stiffness and Risk in Various Cardiovascular Diseases / Charalambos Vlachopoulos, Dimitrios Terentes- Printzios, Kenji Takazawa, and Christodoulos Stefanadis -- 27. Large Artery Remodeling and Chronic Kidney Disease / Marie Briet, Michel Delahousse, Gérard London, Stéphane Laurent, and Pierre Boutouyrie -- 28. Arterial Changes in Renal Transplantation / Sola Aoun Bahous, Serge Korjian, Yazan Daaboul, Jacques Blacher, and Michel E. Safar -- 29. Arterial Stiffness, Central Blood Pressure and Coronary Heart Disease / Piotr Jankowski, Jacques Blacher, and Thomas Weber -- Part IV. Clinical Involvement: Role of Age, Sex, Inflammatory and Metabolic Alterations -- 30. Modifications of Blood Pressure Profiles in the Very Old: Role of Frailty and Comorbidities / Athanase Benetos, Sylvie Gautier, and Michel E. Safar -- 31. Arterial Stiffness and Amplification in the Very Old / Athanase Benetos, Ghassan Watfa, Paolo Salvi, and Patrick Lacolley -- 32. Hypertension in Men and Women: Is It Different? / Harold Smulyan and Bruno Pannier -- 33. Obesity, Metabolic Syndrome, Diabetes and Smoking / Isabel Ferreira, Roel J.J. van de Laar, and Coen D.A. Stehouwer -- 34. Glucose, Insulin and Potential Strategies of Vascular Stiffening / Guanghong Jia, Annayya R. Aroor, Gerald A. Meininger, and James R. Sowers -- 35. Arterial Stiffness in Chronic Inflammation / Kaisa M. Mäki-Petäjä, Carmel M. McEniery, Stanley S. Franklin, and Ian B. Wilkinson -- Part V. Stratifications of Cardiovascular Risk and Therapeutic Consequences on Arterial Stiffness and Wave Reflections -- 36. Outcome-Driven Thresholds for Pulse Pressure on Office and Out-of-the-Office Blood Pressure Measurement / Yumei Gu, Lucas S. Aparicio, Yanping Liu, Kei Asayama, Tine W. Hansen, Teemu J. Niiranen, José Boggia, Lutgarde Thijs, and Jan A. Staessen -- 37. Properties of Central Arteries in Populations of Different Ethnicity: Ethnicity and Central Arteries / Augustine Nonso Odili, Yumei Gu, and Jan A. Staessen -- 38. Changing Concepts on the Role of Blood Pressure Reduction in Stroke Prevention with the Focus on β-Blocking Agents / Ji-Guang Wang, Feng-Hua Ding, Li-Hua Li, and Yan Li -- 39. Decreasing Arterial Stiffness and/or Wave Reflections Independently of Mean Arterial Pressure: Effect of Antihypertensive Drugs (Part 1) / Hélène Beaussier, Stéphane Laurent, and Pierre Boutouyrie -- 40. Decreasing Arterial Stiffness and/or Wave Reflections Independently of Mean Arterial Pressure: Effect of Non-antihypertensive Drugs (Part 2) / Hélène Beaussier, Stéphane Laurent, and Pierre Boutouyrie -- 41. Blood Pressure Variability: Measurements, Influential Factors, Prognosis and Therapy / Yi Zhang, Davide Agnoletti, Alexandra Yannoutsos, Michel E. Safar, and Jacques Blacher -- 42. Nitrate: The Ideal Drug Action for Isolated Systolic Hypertension in Elderly? / Xiong J. Jiang and Michael F. O'Rourke -- 43. De-stiffening Strategy, Sodium Balance, and Blockade of the Renin-Angiotensin System / Athanase D. Protogerou, Michel E. Safar, Gerard E. Plante, and Jacques Blacher -- 44. Long-Term Effects of Calcium Channel Blockers on Central and Peripheral Arteries / Yoshio Matsui and Michael F. O'Rourke -- 45. Exercise Training for the Modification of Arterial Stiffness and Wave Reflections / Julian W. Sacre and Bronwyn A. Kingwell.
- 2016 SpringerWilliam B. White, editor.
- 2013 Kargervolume editor, Kazunori Toyoda.Cerebral interaction and stroke / Toyoda, K. -- Inhibition of the renin-angiotensin-aldosterone system for cerebrorenal protection / Lambers Heerspink, H.J. -- Obesity and heart failure as a mediator of the cerebrorenal interaction / Jindal, A., Whaley-Connell, A., Sowers, J.R. -- Subclinical cerebral abnormalities in chronic kidney disease / Yao, H. ... [et al.] -- Carotid atherosclerosis in kidney disease / Kokubo, Y. -- Kidney disease and cognitive function / Elias, M.F., Dore, G.A., Davey, A. -- Risk of stroke in kidney disease / Ninomiya, T. -- Role of 24-hour blood pressure management in preventing kidney disease and stroke / Nagai, M., Hoshide, S., Kario, K. -- Preventing stroke and systemic embolism in renal patients with atrial fibrillation : focus on anticoagulation / Ahmad, Y., Lip, G.Y.H. -- Stroke features and management in patients with chronic kidney disease / Kamouchi, M. -- Stroke feature and management in dialysis patients / Iseki, K. -- Thrombolysis and hyperacute reperfusion therapy for stroke in renal patients / Hirano, T. -- Antiplatelet therapy for preventing stroke in patients with chronic kidney disease / Kim, S.J., Bang, O.Y.
- 2015 ClinicalKeyedited by Douglas L. Mann, Douglas P. Zipes, Peter Libby, Robert O. Bonow ; founding editor and online editor Eugene Braunwald.Global burden of cardiovascular disease -- Heart disease in varied populations -- Ethics in cardiovascular medicine -- Clinical decision making in cardiology -- Measurement and improvement of quality of care : relevance to cardiovascular clinical practice -- Critical evaluation of clinical trials -- Personalized and precision cardiovascular medicine -- Principles of cardiovascular genetics -- Drug therapeutics and personalized medicine -- Biomarkers, proteomics, metabolomics, and personalized medicine -- The history and physical examination : an evidence-based approach -- Electrocardiography -- Exercise testing -- Echocardiography -- The chest radiograph in cardiovascular disease -- Nuclear cardiology -- Cardiovascular magnetic resonance imaging -- Cardiac computed tomography -- Cardiac catheterization -- Coronary arteriography and intracoronary imaging -- Mechanisms of cardiac contraction and relaxation -- Pathophysiology of heart failure -- Clinical assessment of heart failure -- Diagnosis and management of acute heart failure -- Management of patients with heart failure with reduced ejection fraction -- Devices for monitoring and managing heart failure -- Heart failure with a preserved ejection fraction -- Surgical management of heart failure -- Mechanical circulatory support -- Cardiovascular regeneration and gene therapy -- Care of patients with end-stage heart disease -- Genetics of cardiac arrhythmias -- Genesis of cardiac arrhythmias : electrophysiologic considerations -- Diagnosis of cardiac arrhythmias -- Therapy for cardiac arrhythmias -- Pacemakers and implantable cardioverter-defibrillators -- Specific arrhythmias : diagnosis and treatment -- Atrial fibrillation : clinical features, mechanisms, and management -- Cardiac arrest and sudden cardiac death -- Hypotension and syncope -- The vascular biology of atherosclerosis -- Risk markers and the primary prevention of cardiovascular disease -- Systemic hypertension : mechanisms and diagnosis -- Systemic hypertension : management -- Lipoprotein disorders and cardiovascular disease -- Nutrition and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases -- Exercise-based, comprehensive cardiac rehabilitation -- Integrative approaches to the management of patients with heart disease -- Coronary blood flow and myocardial ischemia -- Approach to the patient with chest pain -- ST-elevation myocardial infarction : pathology, pathophysiology, and clinical features -- ST-elevation myocardial infarction : management -- Non-ST elevation acute coronary syndromes -- Stable ischemic heart disease -- Percutaneous coronary intervention -- Transcatheter therapies for structural heart disease in adults -- Diseases of the aorta -- Peripheral artery diseases -- Prevention and management of ischemic stroke -- Treatment of noncoronary obstructive vascular disease -- Diabetes and the cardiovascular system -- Congenital heart disease -- Valvular heart disease -- Cardiovascular infections -- The dilated, restrictive, and infiltrative cardiomyopathies -- Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy -- Myocarditis -- Chemical cardiomyopathies -- Cardiovascular complications of cancer therapeutic agents -- Cardiovascular abnormalities in HIV-infected individuals -- Pericardial diseases -- Traumatic heart disease -- Pulmonary embolism -- Pulmonary hypertension -- Sleep apnea and cardiovascular disease -- Cardiovascular disease in the elderly -- Cardiovascular disease in women -- Pregnancy and heart disease -- Exercise and sports cardiology -- Anesthesia and noncardiac surgery in patients with heart disease -- Endocrine disorders and cardiovascular disease -- Hemostasis, thrombosis, fibrinolysis, and cardiovascular disease -- Rheumatic fever -- Rheumatic diseases and the cardiovascular system -- Tumors affecting the cardiovascular system -- Psychiatric and behavioral aspects of cardiovascular disease -- Neurologic disorders and cardiovascular disease -- Interface between renal disease and cardiovascular illness -- Cardiovascular manifestations of autonomic disorders.
- v. 1-2, 2008.edited by Peter Libby, Robert O. Bonow, Douglas L. Mann, Douglas P. Zipes ; founding editor and e-edition editor, Eugene Braunwald.Status: Not Checked OutLane Catalog Record
- 2007 Springeredited by Stanley P.L. Leong.Also available: Print – 2007
- 2009 ClinicalKeyLouis R. Caplan.1. Introduction and perspective -- 2. Basic pathology, anatomy, and pathophysiology of stroke -- 3. Diagnosis and the clinical encounter -- 4. Imaging and laboratory diagnosis -- 5. Treatment -- 6. Large artery occlusive disease of the anterior circulation -- 7. Large vessel occlusive disease of the posterior circulation -- 8. Penetrating and branch artery disease -- 9. Brain embolism -- 10. Hypoxic-ischemic encephalopathy, cardiac arrests, and cardiac encephalopathy -- 11. Nonatherosclerotic vasculopathies -- 12. Subarachnoid hemorrhage, aneurysms, and vascular malformations -- 13. Intracerebral hemorrhage -- 14. Stroke in children and young adults -- 15. Spinal cord vascular disease -- 16. Cerebral venous thrombosis -- 17. Stroke prevention -- 18 Complications in stroke patients -- 19. Recovery and rehabilitation.Also available: Print – 2009
- 2013 SpringerGanga Karunamuni, editor.Anatomy of the Cardiac Lymphatic System. A General Outline of the Cardiac Lymphatic System / Marios Loukas, Sameer Shah, Shivayogi Bhusnurmath, Bharti Shivayogi Bhusnurmath -- Development and Patterning of the Cardiac Lymphatic Network / Jörg Wilting, Jörg Männer -- The Cardiac Lymphatics and Heart Disease. The Link Between Lymphatic Obstruction and Congenital Heart Disease / Manish Bansal -- The Role of Lymphatics in Atherogenesis, Myocardial Infarction, Congestive Heart Failure, and Cardiac Transplantation / Shin Lin, Stanley G. Rockson -- The Lymphatics in Normal and Pathological Heart Valves / Ivana Kholová, Galina Dragneva, Seppo Ylä-Herttuala -- Therapeutic Applications Targeting the Cardiac Lymphatics in Heart Disease / Jae-Hyeong Park, Jin-Ok Jeong -- Imaging the Lymphatic System in Heart Transplantation and Its Immunological Implications / Kathryn Brown, Lindsey A. Edwards, Wilson Wong -- Cardiac Lymphatic Signaling. Tie Receptor Signaling in Cardiac Lymphangiogenesis / Xianghu Qu, H. Scott Baldwin -- VEGF Receptor Signaling in the Cardiac Lymphatics / Alexey Dashkevich, Karl B. Lemström, Antti I. Nykänen -- Hypoxia and the Cardiac Lymphatic System / Todd R. Wuest, P. Charles Lin -- The Potential of the Epicardium to Act as a Source of Lymphatic Cells / Linda Klotz, Paul Riley.
- 2006 Springerby Steven M. Hollenberg, Tracy Walker.Acute coronary syndromes -- Arrhythmias -- Prevention of bacterial endocarditis -- Congestive heart failure -- Hyperlipidemia -- Hypertension -- Pericardial diseases -- Stable angina -- Valvular disease.
- 2010 SpringerAdel E. Berbari, Giuseppe Mancia (eds.).Chronic kidney disease with a worldwide prevalence of 10% in the general population is emerging as a major public health priority. Renal dysfunction is associated with a high risk for cardiovascular complications. The relationship between renal insufficiency and cardiovascular disease, termed the cardiorenal syndrome exists whether impairment of renal function is a consequence of primary renal parenchymal disease or primary heart disease. This book provides a comprehensive update analysis of our current understanding of the cardiorenal syndrome including epidemiology pathophysiologic mechanism.
- 2014 SpringerBrendon J. Coventry, editor.Written by "internationally acclaimed" specialists, Cardio-Thoracic, Vascular, Renal and Transplant Surgery provides pertinent and concise procedure descriptions spanning benign and malignant problems and minimally invasive procedures. Complications are reviewed when appropriate for the organ system and problem, creating a book that is both comprehensive and accessible. Stages of operative approaches with relevant technical considerations are outlined in an easily understandable manner. Forming part of the series, Surgery: Complications, Risks and Consequences, this volume Cardio-Thoracic, Vascular, Renal and Transplant Surgery provides a valuable resource for all general surgeons and residents in training. Other healthcare providers will also find this a useful resource.
- 2013 SpringerCarlo Catalano, Michele Anzidei, Alessandro Napoli (editors).The availability and diffusion of high-performance technologies has strengthened the role of CT angiography and MR angiography as simple, reliable techniques for the characterization and treatment planning of the principal diseases of the cardiovascular system, an understanding of which has become essential for all radiologists. The aim of this book is to provide concise but thorough information and guidance on the main methods and examination techniques used when performing high-quality CT angiography and MR angiography studies in a broad range of clinical settings. The lucid text is supported by a large number of case studies and is rich in advice on image interpretation and practical suggestions for the evaluation and reporting of the examinations. Importantly, a central feature is detailed comparison of the advantages and limitations of the two techniques in various diseases and vascular regions; the book will therefore enable both trainee and expert radiologists to understand their indications and to select the most appropriate technique in different contexts.
- 2012 Springer Protocolsedited by Xu Peng, Marc Antonyak.Use of whole embryo culture for studying heart development / Calvin T. Hang and Ching-Pin Chang -- Quantifying cardiac functions in embryonic and adult zebrafish / Tiffany Hoage, Yonghe Ding, and Xiaolei Xu -- Analysis of the patterning of cardiac outflow tract and great arteries with angiography and vascular casting / Ching-Pin Chang -- Morpholino injection in Xenopus / Panna Tandon [and others] -- Chicken chorioallantoic membrane angiogenesis model / Domenico Ribatti -- Visualizing vascular networks in zebrafish : an introduction to microangiography / Christopher E. Schmitt, Melinda B. Holland, and Suk-Won Jin -- Whole-mount confocal microscopy for vascular branching morphogenesis / Yoh-suke Mukouyama [and others] -- Visualization of mouse embryo angiogenesis by fluorescence-based staining / Yang Liu, Marc Antonyak, and Xu Peng -- Miniaturized assays of angiogenesis in vitro / May J. Reed and Robert B. Vernon -- Analysis of the endocardial-to-mesenchymal transformation of heart valve development by collagen gel culture assay / Yiqin Xiong, Bin Zhou, and Ching-Pin Chang -- Quantification of myocyte chemotaxis : a role for FAK in regulating directional motility / Britni Zajac [and others] -- Analysis of neural crest cell fate during cardiovascular development using Cre-activated lacZ/[beta]-galactosidase staining / Yanping Zhang and L. Bruno Ruest -- Indirect immunostaining on mouse embryonic heart for the detection of proliferated cardiomyocyte / Jieli Li, Marc Antonyak, and Xu Peng -- Isolation and characterization of vascular endothelial cells from murine heart and lung / Yixin Jin [and others] -- Isolation and characterization of embryonic and adult epicardium and epicardium-derived cells / Bin Zhou and William T. Pu -- Vascular smooth muscle cells : isolation, culture, and characterization / Richard P. Metz, Jan L. Patterson, and Emily Wilson -- C-kit expression identifies cardiac precursor cells in neonatal mice / Michael Craven, Michael I. Kotlikoff, and Alyson S. Nadworny -- Cardiomyocyte apoptosis in heart development : methods and protocols / Dongfei Qi and Mingui Fu -- Adenovirus-mediated gene transfection in the isolated lymphatic vessels / Anatoliy A. Gashev [and others] -- Isolation of cardiac myocytes and fibroblasts from neonatal rat pups / Honey B. Golden [and others] -- The application of genome-wide RNAi screens in exploring varieties of signaling transduction pathways / Shenyuan Zhang and Hongying Zheng -- Application of atomic force microscopy measurements on cardiovascular cells / Xin Wu [and others] -- In utero assessment of cardiovascular function in the embryonic mouse heart using high-resolution ultrasound biomicroscopy / Honey B. Golden [and others] -- Isolation and preparation of RNA from rat blood and lymphatic microvessels for use in microarray analysis / Eric A. Bridenbaugh -- Visual data mining of coexpression data to set research priorities in cardiac development research / Vincent VanBuren -- High-speed confocal imaging of zebrafish heart development / Jay R. Hove and Michael P. Craig -- Measurement of electrical conduction properties of intact embryonic murine hearts by extracellular microelectrode arrays / David G. Taylor and Anupama Natarajan.
- v. 1-2, 2006. Springer Protocolsv. 2, 2006 Springer Protocolsedited by Qing K. Wang.v. 1. Genetics -- v. 2. Molecular medicine.
- 2005 SpringerGiuseppe Barbaro, Franck Boccara (eds.) ; foreword by W. Rozenbaum.
- 2009 SpringerGiuseppe Barbaro, Franck Boccara, (eds.) ; in cooperation with Giorgio Barbarini.
- 2009 Springeredited by Keith C. Ferdinand and Annemarie Armani.Cardiovascular disease in racial/ethnic minorities: overview and perspectives -- Epidemiology of cardiovascular diseases and risk factors among racial/ethnic populations -- Unmasking racial/ethnic disparities in cardiovascular disease: nutritional, socioeconomic, cultural, and health-care-related contributions -- Race and genetics -- Race, genetics and cardiovascular disease -- Hypertension and stroke in racial/ethnic groups -- Dyslipidemia in racial/ethnic groups -- Novel & emerging risk factors in racial/ethnic groups -- Weight loss interventions to control blood pressure in an increasingly overweight, multi-ethnic society -- Obesity and the cardiometabolic syndrome: impact on chronic kidney disease and CVD -- Risk calculation and clustering within racial/ethnic groups -- Cardiovascular imaging in racial/ethinc populations: implications for the adequate application of cardiovascular imaging techniques guided by racial/ethnical risk factor variations -- Unique aspects of vascular and cardiac ultrasound in racial/ethnical groups -- Heart failure in racial/ethnic group -- Minority women and cardiovascular disease.
- 2005 Springeredited by Gary Gerstenblith.Aging of the heart and arteries : relevance to cardiovascular disease / Samer S. Najjar and Edward G. Lakatta -- Frailty : keystone in the bridge between geriatrics and cardiology / William Russell Hazzard -- Cardiovascular risk factors in the elderly : evaluation and intervention / Susan J. Zieman and Beth R. Malasky -- Stable coronary artery disease in the elderly / Beth R. Malasky and Joseph S. Alpert -- Age and mortality and morbidity in ST-segment elevation myocardial infarction / Steven P. Schulman and Gary Gerstenblith -- Unstable angina/non-ST-elevation myocardial infarction in the elderly / Stephen D. Wiviott and Christopher P. Cannon -- Percutaneous coronary intervention in the elderly / Michael J. McWilliams and Eric J. Topol -- Cardiac surgery in the elderly / David D. Yuh and William A. Baumgartner -- Heart failure in the elderly / Michael W. Rich -- Valvular heart disease in the elderly / Milind Y. Desai and Gary Gerstenblith -- Arrhythmia management in the elderly / Jonathan P. Piccini and Hugh Calkins -- Peripheral arterial disease in the elderly / Emile R. Mohler III and William R. Hiatt -- Cardiac rehabilitation in older cardiac patients / Philip A. Ades -- Clinical pharmacology / Janice B. Schwartz -- Medical treatment of the cardiac patient approaching the end of life / Lofty L. Basta, W. Daniel Doty, and Michael D.D. Geldart.
- 2008 SpringerRamon Ribes, Sergio Mejia.
- 2005 Springeredited by Mohan K. Raizada, Julian F.R. Paton, Sergey Kasparov, Michael J. Katovich.Angiotensin II receptor polymorphisms and hypertension / Bruno Baudin -- Angiotensinogen gene polymorphisms and hypertension / Ashok Kumar -- Substitution mapping: using congenic strains to detect genes controlling blood pressure / Bina Joe and Michael R. Garrett -- Local production of angiotensinogen: insights from genetic manipulation of mice / Kamal Rahmouni and Curt D. Sigmund -- Cardiovascular pharmacogenomics / Julie A. Johnson and Larisa H. Cavallari -- Genetic polymorphisms and responses to HMG-CoA, reductase inhibitors / Anke-Hilse Maitland-van der Zee, Olaf H. Klungel, and Anthonius de Boer -- Monogenic causes of heart failure: familial dilated cardiomyopathy / Hideko Kasahara -- Gene therapy vs. pharmacotherapy / Ryuichi Morishita -- Molecular therapeutic approaches for myocardial protection / Alok S. Pachori, Luis G. Melo, and Victor J. Dzau -- Gene transfer and the cardiovascular system / William H. Miller ... [et al.] -- Kallikrein gene transfer in hypertension, cardiovascular and renal disease, and stroke / Julie Chao and Lee Chao -- Current and future novel targets of gene therapy for hypertension / Michael J. Katovich, Justin L. Grobe, and Mohan K. Raizada -- Application of viral gene transfer in studies of neurogenic hypertension / Sergey Kasparov, A.G. Teschemacher, and Julian F.R. Paton -- Vigilant vectors: intelligent gene vectors for cardioprotection in myocardial ischemia / M. Ian Phillips and Yi Tang -- Gene therapy for cerebral arterial diseases / Yoshimasa Watanabe and Donald D. Heistad -- Therapeutic angiogenesis and vasculogenesis for tissue regeneration / Paolo Madeddu -- Cell transplantation: the new frontier / Shafie Fazel ... [et al.] -- Embryonic stem cells and the cardiovascular system / Neta Lavon and Nissim Benvenisty.
- 2013 SpringerSaif Anwaruddin [and others], editors.A basic understanding of cardiovascular physiology is essential for optimal patient care. This practical book provides a concise tutorial of all the essential aspects of cardiovascular hemodynamics and the techniques used to assess cardiovascular performance. A high-yield reference, this book is replete with figures, tracings, tables, and clinical pearls that reinforce the basic tenets of hemodynamics. From identifying key findings of the patient history and physical exam to correlating hemodynamic tracings with acute clinical presentations, this book arms the reader with the tools necessary to handle any hemodynamic-related situation.
- 2011 ClinicalKey[edited by] Vincent B. Ho, Gautham P. Reddy.Embryologic Basis and Segmental Approach to Imaging of Congenital Heart Disease -- Cardiac Anatomy -- Coronary Anatomy -- Physiology of the Heart -- Radiology of the Heart : Plain Film Imaging and Diagnosis -- Echocardiography -- Diagnostic Coronary Angiography -- Physics of Cardiac Computed Tomography -- Clinical Techniques of Cardiac Computed Tomography -- Radiation Dose Reduction Strategies in Cardiac Computed Tomography -- Contrast Agents and Medications in Cardiac Computed Tomography -- Image Postprocessing in Cardiac Computed Tomography -- Methods for Cardiac Magnetic Resonance Imaging -- Clinical Techniques of Cardiac Magnetic Resonance Imaging : Morphology, Perfusion, and Viability -- Clinical Techniques of Cardiac Magnetic Resonance Imaging : Function -- Clinical Techniques of Cardiac Magnetic Resonance Imaging : Functional Interpretation and Image Processing -- Magnetic Resonance Evaluation of Blood Flow -- Contrast Agents in Magnetic Resonance Imaging -- Magnetic Resonance Imaging Safety -- Physics and Instrumentation of Cardiac Single Photon Emission Computed Tomography -- Clinical Single Photon Emission Computed Tomography Cardiac Protocols -- Radiopharmaceutical Single Photon Emission Computed Tomography Imaging Agents -- Physics and Instrumentation of Cardiac Positron Emission Tomography/Computed Tomography -- Clinical Techniques of Positron Emission Tomography and PET/CT -- Radiopharmaceuticals and Radiation Dose Considerations in Cardiac Positron Emission Tomography and PET/CT -- Pharmacologic Stress Agents -- Congenital Percutaneous Interventions -- Congenital Cardiac Surgery -- Percutaneous Catheter-Based Treatment of Coronary and Valvular Heart Disease -- Surgery for Acquired Cardiac Disease -- Imaging of Atrial Fibrillation Intervention -- Coronary Calcium Assessment -- Congenital Coronary Anomalies -- Indications and Patient Selection in Obstructive Coronary Disease -- Interpretation and Reporting in Obstructive Coronary Disease -- Coronary Artery Aneurysms -- Imaging of Coronary Revascularization : Coronary Stents and Bypass Grafts -- Imaging of Coronary Revascularization : Coronary Stents and Bypass Grafts -- Coarctation of the Aorta -- Vascular Rings and Slings -- Magnetic Resonance Imaging of the Aorta and Left Ventricular Function in Inherited and Congenital Aortic Disease -- Atrial Septal Defect -- Ventricular Septal Defect -- Patent Ductus Arteriosus -- Transposition of the Great Arteries -- Truncus Arteriosus -- Anomalous Pulmonary Venous Connections and Drainage -- Tetralogy of Fallot -- Ebstein Anomaly -- Complex Congenital Heart Disease -- Magnetic Resonance Imaging in the Postoperative Evaluation of the Patient with Congenital Heart Disease -- Atherosclerotic Coronary Artery Disease -- Acute Coronary Syndrome -- Magnetic Resonance and Computed Tomographic Imaging of Myocardial Perfusion -- Nuclear Medicine Imaging of Myocardial Perfusion -- Magnetic Resonance and Computed Tomographic Imaging of Myocardial Function -- Nuclear Medicine Imaging of Ventricular Function -- Magnetic Resonance Imaging of Myocardial Viability -- Nuclear Medicine Imaging of Myocardial Viability -- Postoperative Imaging of Ischemic Cardiac Disease -- Aortic and Mitral Valvular Disease -- Tricuspid and Pulmonary Valvular Disease -- Dilated Cardiomyopathy -- Restrictive Cardiomyopathy -- Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy -- Arrhythmogenic Right Ventricular Dysplasia -- Myocarditis -- Cardiac Tumors -- Pericardial Effusion -- Acute Pericarditis -- Constrictive Pericarditis -- Arterial Anatomy of the Thorax -- Arterial Anatomy of the Abdomen -- Arterial Anatomy of the Pelvis and Lower Extremities -- Arterial Anatomy of the Upper Extremities -- Venous Anatomy of the Thorax -- Venous Anatomy of the Abdomen and Pelvis -- Venous Anatomy of the Extremities -- Vascular Ultrasonography : Physics, Instrumentation, and Clinical Techniques -- Physics of Computed Tomography -- Computed Tomographic Angiography : Clinical Techniques -- Magnetic Resonance Angiography : Physics and Instrumentation -- Magnetic Resonance Angiography : Clinical Techniques -- Basic Three-Dimensional Postprocessing in Computed Tomographic and Magnetic Resonance Angiography -- Advanced Three-Dimensional Postprocessing in Computed Tomographic and Magnetic Resonance Angiography -- Nuclear Medicine : Extrathoracic Vascular Imaging -- Percutaneous Vascular Interventions -- Vascular Surgery -- Noninvasive Imaging of Atherosclerosis -- Carotid Artery Disease -- Ultrasound Evaluation of the Carotid Arteries -- Magnetic Resonance and Computed Tomographic Angiography of the Extracranial Carotid Arteries -- Thoracic Aortic Aneurysms -- Acute Aortic Syndrome -- Thoracic Aortic Trauma -- Thoracic Aortitis -- Subclavian Steal Syndrome -- Acute Pulmonary Thromboembolic Disease -- Chronic Pulmonary Embolism -- Pulmonary Hypertension -- Pulmonary Edema -- Pulmonary Hemorrhage and Vasculitis -- The Abdominal Aorta -- Postendograft Imaging of the Abdominal Aorta and Iliac Arteries -- Open Repair of Abdominal Aortic Aneurysms and Postoperative Assessment -- Magnetic Resonance Imaging of Vascular Disorders of the Abdomen -- Renal Artery Hypertension -- Renal Arteries : Computed Tomographic and Magnetic Resonance Angiography -- Renal Artery Scintigraphy -- Sonography of the Renal Vessels -- Inferior Vena Cava and Its Main Tributaries -- Vascular Imaging of Hepatic Transplantation -- Vascular Imaging of Renal and Pancreatic Transplantation -- Peripheral Artery Disease -- Lower Extremity Operations and Interventions -- Computed Tomographic Angiography of the Lower Extremities -- Peripheral Magnetic Resonance Angiography -- Vascular Diseases of the Upper Extremities -- Venous Sonography of the Upper Extremities and Thoracic Outlet -- Hemodialysis Fistulas.
- 2015 SpringerElena Aikawa, editor.Part 1: Preclinical imaging of mechanisms of atherosclerosis and its complications -- Pathobiology and basic mechanisms of atherosclerosis -- Ultrasound imaging of endothelial cell activation and damage in atherosclerosis -- Molecular imaging of macrophages -- Optical molecular imaging of inflammation and calcification in atherosclerosis -- Imaging of antigen-presenting cells -- Imaging of oxidation-specific epitopes -- Intravascular molecular imaging -- Imaging of complications of atherosclerosis (platelets aggregation and thrombosis) -- Part 2: Imaging insights into mechanisms of calcific aortic valve disease (CAVD) and calcification -- Pathobiology and basic mechanisms of CAVD -- Molecular imaging of aortic valve inflammation and calcification: Preclinical studies -- PET CT imaging of inflammation and calcification in CAVD: Clinical studies -- Ultrasound imaging of CAVD -- Micro-OCT imaging of microcalcification -- Part 3: Clinical imaging of inflammation and calcification -- MR imaging in cardiovascular disease -- Molecular mechanisms of atherosclerosis imaged by MR -- Cardiovascular nuclear imaging -- Preclinical and clinical PET CT imaging of inflammation and calcification -- Clinical feasibility and monitoring of the effects of anti-inflammatory therapy in atherosclerosis.
- 2002 HighWireAlso available: Print – 2002
- 2016 ClinicalKey[edited by] Deepak L. Bhatt.
- 2007 Springer[edited by] Raymond Y. Kwong ; foreword by Peter Libby.
- 2010 ClinicalKey[edited by] Warren J. Manning, Dudley J. Pennell.Cardiovascular Magnetic Resonance provides you with up-to-date clinical applications of cardiovascular MRI for the broad spectrum of cardiovascular diseases, including ischemic, myopathic, valvular, and congenital heart diseases, as well as great vessel and peripheral vascular disease. Editors Warren J. Manning and Dudley J. Pennell and their team of international contributors cover everything from basic MR physics to sequence design, flow quantification and spectroscopy to structural anatomy and pathology. Learn the appropriate role for CMR in a variety of clinical settings with reference to other modalities, practical limitations, and costs. With the latest information on contrast agents, MR angiography, MR spectroscopy, imaging protocols, and more, this book is essential for both the beginner and expert CMR practitioner. Covers both the technical and clinical aspects of CMR to serve as a comprehensive reference. Demonstrates the full spectrum of the application of cardiac MR from ischemic heart disease to valvular, myopathic, pericardial, aortic, and congenital heart disease. Includes coverage of normal anatomy, orientation, and function to provide you with baseline values. Discusses advanced techniques, such as interventional MR, to include essential information relevant to the specialist. Features appendices with acronyms and CMR terminology used by equipment vendors that serve as an introduction to the field. Uses consistent terminology and abbreviations throughout the text for clarity and easy reference.
- 2007 SpringerJames T. Willerson ... [et al.], Eds.Also available: Print – 2007
- 2015 SpringerSven Plein, John Greenwood, John P. Ridgway, editors.This updated manual is a practical and compact introductory text to CMR. It includes a didactic overview of the physics of magnetic resonance imaging, cross-referencing consistently to the clinical chapters and describing the relationship between an understanding of basic MRI physics and producing better images. Building on the first edition, the authors review the practicalities of CMR from referral to screening, set-up of the study and reporting, including numerous tips and tricks on how the reader can improve the quality of their images. The book outlines the most commonly acquired image components used in CMR and details how CMR is used in clinical practice. It covers the most common referrals for CMR imaging in a structured way with imaging protocols and case examples for each indication. Throughout the book, the authors have used graphs and tables to highlight important learning aspects. The emphasis of each chapter is on providing practical, hands-on information, making this book a key resource for all training and certifying for the use of CMR. Cardiovascular MR Manual, 2e is of use to all clinicians working in cardiology or imaging for developing a general understanding of the diagnostic information that can be obtained from CMR, the indications for referral, and the contraindications and limitations of the technique.
- 2011 SpringerSven Plein, John P. Greenwood, John P. Ridgway.What's inside the magnet and why? -- The MRI environment -- Protons and spins: the origin of the MRI signal -- Generating a signal: RF pulses and echoes -- Relaxation times, gradient echoes, and spin echoes -- Making an image: locating and encoding signals in space -- Image space and k-space -- Imaging parameters and image attributes -- Improving SNR with surface coils and array coils -- Pulse sequences and image contrast -- Gradient echo versus spin echo -- Black blood versus bright blood imaging -- Dealing with cardiac motion: how do we image the beating heart? -- Dealing with respiratory motion -- Fast imaging: how do we speed up the image acquisition? -- Special pulse sequences for cardiac imaging -- Common artifacts -- The basics of a CMR study -- Components of CMR protocols -- Anatomy of CMR -- The CMR report -- Diseases of the aorta -- Cardiomyopathies -- Pericardial disease -- Cardiac masses -- Valvular heart disease -- Ischemic heart disease -- Basic adult congenital heart disease (ACHD) -- Pulmonary vein assessment -- Interventional cardiovascular magnetic resonance imaging.
- 2010 SpringerShankar Sridharan ... [et al.].
- 2016 ClinicalKeyedited by L. Maximilian Buja, Jagdish Butany.Anatomic considerations and examination of cardiovascular specimens (excluding devices) -- Age-related cardiovascular changes and diseases -- Vascular pathobiology : atherosclerosis and large vessel disease -- Diseases of small and medium-sized blood vessels -- Aneurysms of the aorta : ascending, thoracic and abdominal and their management -- Fundamental principles in cardiovascular genetics -- Myocardial ischemia and its complications -- Pathophysiology of heart failure and an overview of therapies -- Myocarditis -- Pathology of sudden death, cardiac arrhythmias and conduction system -- Cardiomyopathies -- Valvular heart disease -- Cardiac valve replacement and related interventions -- The pathology of cardiovascular interventions and devices for coronary artery disease, vascular disease, heart failure, and arrhythmias -- Congenital heart disease : pathology, natural history, and interventions -- The pericardium and its diseases -- Pathology of cardiac transplantation -- Toxins and the heart -- Tumors of the cardiovascular system : heart and blood vessels -- Forensic aspects of cardiovascular pathology.
- 2009 SpringerDerek S. Wheeler, Hector R. Wong, and Thomas P. Shanley (eds.).
- 2013 ClinicalKeyAchilles J. Pappano, Withrow Gil Wier.Overview of the circulation and blood -- Excitation : the cardiac action potentia -- Automaticity : natural excitation of the heart -- The cardiac pump -- Regulation of the heartbeat -- Hemodynamics -- The arterial system -- The microcirculation and lymphatics -- The peripheral circulation and its control -- Control of cardiac output: coupling of heart and blood vessels -- Coronary circulation -- Special circulations -- Interplay of central and peripheral factors that control the circulation.Also available: Print – 2013
- 2006 Springeredited by Gerard Pasterkamp and Dominique P.V. de Kleijn.
- Cardiovascular surgery 2007 : Council on Cardio-Thoracic and Vascular Surgery, American Heart Association Scientific Sessions 2007, Orlando, Florida, November 4-7, 20072008 HighWireguest editor, John S. Ikonomidis.
- 2002 Cold Spring Harb Lab PressSU Catalog (SearchWorks) Click LINK above for Print location/circulation status.Development of the cardiovascular system -- Transcription factors in cardiovascular development -- Vascular biology -- Tumor angiogenesis -- Genetics and genomics of the cardiovascular system -- Regulation of the heart -- Heart disease and failure -- Hypertension, atherosclerosis, and lipid homeostasis -- Repairing the cardiovascular system -- Author index -- Subject index.
- 2013 ClinicalKey[edited by] Elliott M. Antman, Marc S. Sabatine ; section editors, James de Lemos [and others].Tools for Assessment of Cardiovascular Tests and Therapies -- New Drug Development -- Device Development for Cardiovascular Therapeutics: Concepts and Regulatory Implications -- Pharmacogenetics -- Systems of Health Care -- Global Cardiovascular Therapy -- Pharmacologic Options for Treatment of Ischemic Disease -- Stable Ischemic Heart Disease/Chronic Stable Angina -- Non-ST-Segment Elevation Acute Coronary Syndromes -- ST-Segment Elevation Myocardial Infarction -- Advances in Coronary Revascularization -- Pharmacologic Management of Heart Failure in the Ambulatory Setting -- Implantable Devices for the Management of Heart Failure -- Strategies for Management of Acute Decompensated Heart Failure -- Cardiac Transplantation and Circulatory Support Devices -- Regenerative Therapy for Heart Failure -- Hypertrophic, Restrictive, and Infiltrative Cardiomyopathies -- Clinical Pharmacology of Antiarrhythmic Drugs -- Pharmacologic Management of Supraventricular Tachycardias -- Atrial Fibrillation -- Nonpharmacologic Treatment of Tachyarrhythmias -- Role of Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators in Primary and Secondary Prevention of Sudden Cardiac Death -- Treatment of Ventricular Tachycardia and Cardiac Arrest -- Drugs for Elevated Low-Density Lipoprotein Cholesterol -- Therapy to Manage Low High-Density Lipoprotein Cholesterol and Elevated Triglycerides -- Cardiovascular Disease and Lifestyle Modification -- Steps Beyond Diet and Drug Therapy for Severe Hypercholesterolemia -- Initial Evaluation and Approach to the Patient with Hypertension -- Pharmacologic Management of Hypertension -- Endocrine Causes of Hypertension -- Resistant Hypertension -- Hypertensive Crisis -- Hypertension in Pregnancy -- Management of Hypertension in Children and Adolescents -- Peripheral Artery Disease -- Cerebrovascular Disease -- Renal Artery Stenosis -- Pulmonary Embolism and Deep Vein Thrombosis -- Treatment of Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension -- Aortic Disease -- Pharmacologic Options for Treating Cardiovascular Disease During Pregnancy -- Care for Adults with Congenital Heart Disease -- Prevention and Treatment of Infective Endocarditis -- Treatment of Pericardial Disease -- Optimal Timing of Surgical and Mechanical Intervention in Native Valvular Heart Disease -- Surgery for Valvular Heart Disease -- Percutaneous Treatment for Valvular Heart Disease -- Manifestations, Mechanisms, and Treatment of HIV-Associated Cardiovascular Disease -- Rehabilitation of the Patient with Cardiovascular Disease.
- 2009 Springeredited by Jacqueline Saw.
- 2011 ClinicalKeyMichael Ragosta.Section 1. Complex coronary interventions -- section 2. Complications -- section 3. Management dilemmas and controversies -- section 4. Peripheral and noncoronary interventions.
- 2013 SpringerPeter Lanzer, editor.Operator skills, and in particular decision-making and strategic skills, are the most critical factor for the outcome of catheter-based cardiovascular interventions. Currently, such skills are commonly developed by the empirical trial and error method only. In this textbook, for the first time, an explicit teaching, training, and learning approach is set out that will enable interventional operators, whether cardiologists, vascular surgeons, vascular specialists, or radiologists, to learn about and to develop the cognitive skills required in order to achieve consistent expert-level catheter-based interventions. It is anticipated that adoption of this approach will allow catheter-based interventions to become a domain of excellence, with rapid transfer of knowledge, steep learning curves, and highly efficient acquisition of complex skills by individual operators -- all of which are essential if we are to meet successfully the challenges of modern cardiovascular care embedded in highly competitive health care markets.
- 2005 Springeredited by Jahar Bhattacharya.Heme oxygenase-1 and carbon monoxide in vascular regulation / Stefan W. Ryter and Augustine M.K. Choi -- Tumor necrosis factor-[alpha]/receptor signaling through the Akt kinase / Osman Nidai Ozes ... [et al.] -- Protein modifications by nitric oxide and reactive nitrogen species / Harry Ischiropoulos -- Redox signaling in hypoxic pulmonary vasoconstriction / E. Kenneth Weir ... [et al.] -- cGMP-dependent protein kinase in regulation of the perinatal pulmonary circulation / Usha Raj ... [et al.] -- Glutamate receptor activation in the pathogenesis of acute leg injury / Sami I. Said -- Carboxyl methylation of small GTPases and endothelial cell function / Sharon Rounds, Elizabeth O. Harrington, and Qing Lu -- Pressure-induced inflammatory signaling in lung endothelial cells / Wolfgang M. Kuebler -- Regulation of endothelial barrier function: contributions of the transcellular and paracellular pathways / Dolly Mehta, Richard D. Minshall, and Asrar B. Malik -- Sphingolipid signaling: implications for vascular biology / Margaret M. Harnett -- Regulations of cytokine signaling / Bao Q. Vuong ... [et al.] -- Cell signaling by vasoactive agents / Barry L. Fanburg ... [et al.] -- Reactive oxygen species and cell signaling in lung ischemia / Aron B. Fisher -- Pulmonary vascular barrier regulation by thrombin and Edg receptors / Jeffrey R. Jacobson and Joe G.N. Garcia -- Second-messenger signaling in lung capillaries / Kaushik Parthasarathi -- Plasma membrane-to-nucleus calcium signaling / Giles E. Hardingham -- Signaling by mitochondria / Navdeep S. Chandel -- Pro-inflammatory signaling by endothelial focal complexes in lung / Sunita Bhattacharya -- Hydrogen peroxide as intracellular messenger: production, target, and elimination / Sue Goo Rhee ... [et al.] -- Calcium-inhibited adenylyl cyclase (AC6) controls endothelial cell barrier function / Troy Stevens.
- 2006 HighWireedited by Tomasz Siminiak.
- 2014 ClinicalKeyedited by Monte S. Willis, MD, PhD, FCAP, FASCP, FAHA, University of North Carolina, UNC Health Care, McAllister Heart Institute, Department of Pathology & Laboratory Medicine, Chapel Hill, NC, USA, Jonathon W. Homeister, MD, PhD, FCAP, University of North Carolina, UNC Health Care, McAllister Heart Institute, Department of Pathology & Laboratory Medicine, Chapel Hill, NC, USA, James R. Stone, MD, PhD, Harvard Medical School, Massachusetts General Hospital, Department of Pathology, Boston, MA, USA.Focuses on the pathophysiology of common cardiovascular disease in the context of its underlying mechanisms and molecular biology. This book has been developed from the editors' experiences teaching an advanced cardiovascular pathology course for PhD trainees in the biomedical sciences, and trainees in cardiology, pathology, public health, and veterinary medicine.
- 2013 Springer Protocolsedited by Race L. Kao.Cellular cardiomyoplasty : its past, present, and future / Elizabeth K. Lamb, Grace W. Kao, and Race L. Kao -- Skeletal muscle stem cells / Grace W. Kao, Elizabeth K. Lamb, and Race L. Kao -- Bone marrow stem cells / Minh Ngoc Duong, Yu-Ting Ma, and Ray C.J. Chiu -- Adipose tissue-derived mesenchymal stem cells : isolation, expansion and characterization / Miriam Araña [and 4 others] -- Cardiac side population cells and Sca-1-positive cells / Toshio Nagai, Katsuhisa Matsuura, and Issei Komuro -- Two-step protocol for isolation and culture of cardiospheres / Lijuan Chen [and 5 others] -- Generation of human iPSCs from human peripheral blood mononuclear cells using non-integrative sendai virus in chemically defined conditions / Jared M. Churko, Paul W. Burridge, and Joseph C. Wu -- Identification of stem cells after transplantation / Yingjie Wang [and 5 others] -- Methods to study the proliferation and differentiation of cardiac side population (CSP) cells / Konstantina-Ioanna Sereti [and 3 others] -- Immune responses after mesenchymal stem cell implantation / Rony Atoui and Ray C.J. Chiu -- Route of delivery, cell retention, and efficiency of polymeric microcapsules in cellular cardiomyoplasty / Alice Le Huu [and 3 others] -- Angiogenic nanodelivery systems for myocardial therapy / Arghya Paul, Dominique Shum-Tim, and Satya Prakash -- Bio-hybrid tissue engineering for cellular cardiomyoplasty : future directions / Juan Carlos Chachques -- Decellularized whole heart for bioartificial heart / Hug Aubin [and 4 others] -- Clinical trials of cardiac repair with adult bone marrow-derived cells / Vinodh Jeevanantham [and 3 others] -- Clinical study using adipose-derived mesenchymal-like stem cells in acute myocardial infarction and heart failure / Ilia Alexander Panfilov [and 3 others].
- 2015 Springeredited by Li-Ru Zhao, John H. Zhang.The first book to focus on cellular therapy for stroke and other CNS injuries. Addresses recent research on all relevant cell types including neural stem cells, bone marrow stem cells, endothelial progenitor cells, and many others that have had protective or regenerative effects in animal models. Cellular therapy for stroke and neural trauma has gained worldwide attention during the last decade and has shown some promising results. The book also provides information on cell isolation and culture skills, transplantation methods, and neurological functional evaluations.
- 2014 SpringerGianni Boris Bradac.This revised and enlarged edition of Cerebral Angiography, which includes new angiographic studies and illustrative drawings, offers detailed guidance on diagnostic use of the procedure. The first part of the book describes the normal anatomy of the cerebral arteries and veins, with attention to morphological aspect, embryological development, function, and vascular territories. The intraorbital and extracranial vascularization is also considered. The reader will gain a sound knowledge of normal vascular anatomy and its variations that will serve as a basis for the correct interpretation of pathological processes and their clinical significance, as covered in the second part of the book. Among the pathologies considered are vascular abnormalities, including angiomas, fistulas and aneurysms; atherosclerotic and non-atherosclerotic stenosis and occlusion of the cerebral vessels; venous thrombosis; intraorbital and extracranial vascular malformations. Pathogenesis, morphological and dynamic aspects, responsible for clinical symptoms and influencing the therapy are described. While the emphasis throughout is on the diagnostic value of cerebral angiography, many examples of endovascular treatment in different pathological situations are also presented, with discussion of indications, risks and results.
- 2011 SpringerGianni Boris Bradac.
- 2014 Cambridgeedited by Leonardo Pantoni, MD, PhD, Staff Neurologist, Stroke Unit and Neurology Azienda Ospedaliero Universitaria Careggi, Florence, Italy, Philip B. Gorelick, MD, MPH, Professor of Translational Science and Molecular Medicine, Michigan State University College of Human Medicine, Medical Director, Hauenstein Neuroscience Center, Mercy Health at Saint Mary's, Grand Rapids, MI, USA.
- 2013 SpringerMario Zuccarello, Joseph F. Clark, Gail Pyne-Geithman, Norberto Andaluz, Jed A. Hartings, Opeolu M. Adeoye, editors.The book contains 48 articles presented at the 11th International Conference on Cerebral Vasospasm held in Cincinnati, Ohio, USA, in July 2011. This collection of papers represents a cross-section of the enormous progress that has been made towards a thorough understanding and effective treatment of neurovascular events following aneurysmal subarachnoid hemorrhage, including cerebral vasospasm. It is of interest to clinicians who wish to apply state-of-the-art knowledge to their management of this devastating condition and to basic scientists wishing to expand their understanding of cerebrovascular and neural pathophysiology related to subarachnoid hemorrhage.
- 2008 Springeredited by T. Kırış and J.H. Zhang.
- 2008 Springeredited by Yasuhiro Yonekawa ... [et al.].
- 2003 HighWireedited by T.R. Pedersen and E.A. Stein.Also available: Print – 2003
- 2015 SpringerMatthew R. Weir, Edgar V. Lerma, editors.The treatment of hypertension has become the most important intervention in the management of all forms of chronic kidney disease. Chronic Kidney Disease and Hypertension is a current, concise, and practical guide to the identification, treatment and management of hypertension in patients with chronic kidney disease. In depth chapters discuss many relevant clinical questions and the future of treatment through medications and or novel new devices.
- 2013 Wileyedited by Ron Waksman, Shigeru Saito.pt. 1. Pathology, indications, and review of clinical trials -- pt. 2. Imaging -- pt. 3. Wires technology -- pt. 4. Wires techniques -- pt. 5. Devices technology -- pt. 6. Complications -- pt. 7. Interesting cases.
- 2015 SpringerSubramoniam Vaidyanathan, Riju Ramachandran Menon, Pradeep Jacob, Binni John.Chronic venous disorders are a major health problem due to their wide prevalence and socio-economic considerations. This book is a comprehensive manual providing state- of- the- art information on the diagnosis and management of these common problems. Till recently venous disorders have been getting secondary attention as compared to their arterial counterpart. However, the last two decades witnessed major technological advancements and therapeutic strategies for these problems. Written with a surgical perspective, this monograph covers the latest developments and recommended procedures in an easy-to-read format guiding the surgeon to prepare a rational treatment plan. Supplemented with numerous figures and illustrations, the chapters update the readers with how to evaluate such patients in their practices, selection criteria for appropriate procedures and how to manage the complications. The book includes basics of venous disorders, primary varicose veins and recurrence after surgery, chronic venous insufficiency, venous ulcers and congenital venous malformations. Detailed coverage of endo-venous procedures such as radio-frequency ablation, laser ablation and foam sclerotherapy are additional essential features of this book. Primarily intended for the practicing general surgeon, this volume is also relevant for residents in general surgery and vascular surgery.
- Chronomics and continuous ambulatory blood pressure monitoring : vascular chronomics: from 7-day/24-hour to lifelong monitoring2016 SpringerKuniaki Otsuka, Germaine Cornelissen, Franz Halberg.This fascinating volume applies the concept of chronomics to the medical treatment of hypertension. It starts with the recent updates on chronomics, the analytic techniques, and their application to community-based assessments. The authors advocate the use of 7-day/24-h records of blood pressure, which is effective for finding masked hypertension, masked morning surge, and other rhythm abnormalities. Most organisms, from cyanobacteria to mammals, are known to use the circadian mechanism. However, our body systems also demonstrate circaseptan (roughly weekly), circannual (roughly yearly), and even longer rhythms. Chronomics monitors the physiological data and then analyzes the superimposed rhythms, isolating the cycles mathematically to determine how organisms and their environment interact. It is the study of interactions among time structures (chronomes) in and around us.
- 2014 SpringerSamir K. Shah, Daniel G. Clair, editors.This book, from the faculty and residents of one of the world?s most respected hospitals, provides a comprehensive and concise approach to vascular disease. Beginning with the foundations of vascular disease and diagnosis, this text moves on to cover critical disease processes. Each section of the book, dedicated to a unique pathology, explains salient pathophysiology, presentation, diagnosis, treatment options, and outcomes. A special emphasis is given to both open and endovascular techniques and their related pitfalls. Additionally, reflecting the growing importance of evidence-based medicine, readers are provided with references to critical publications that underpin diagnostic and therapeutic recommendations. Diagnosis, treatment, and more are provided succinctly, allowing this text to be broad in focus while remaining in a convenient portable format. As a brief review for practicing physicians or a primary educational text for fellows, residents, and medical students, Cleveland Clinic Manual of Vascular Surgery is a valuable addition to everyone?s library.
- 2012 SpringerJan Bogaert, Steven Dymarkowski, Andrew M. Taylor, Vivek Muthurangu, editors ; foreword by Maximilian Reiser.[1.] Cardiac MRI Physics / Vivek Muthurangu and Steven Dymarkowski -- [2.] MR Contrast Agents for Cardiac Imaging / Yicheng Ni -- [3.] Practical Set-Up / S. Dymarkowski -- [4.] Cardiac Anatomy / J. Bogaert and A. M. Taylor -- [5.] Cardiovascular MR Imaging Planes and Segmentation / A. M. Taylor and J. Bogaert -- [6.] Cardiac Function / J. Bogaert -- [7.] Myocardial Perfusion / J. Bogaert and K. Goetschalckx -- [8.] Ischemic Heart Disease / J. Bogaert and S. Dymarkowski --  Heart Muscle Diseases / J. Bogaert and A. M. Taylor -- [10.] Pulmonary Hypertension / Shahin Moledina and Vivek Muthurangu -- [11.] Heart Failure and Heart Transplantation / S. Dymarkowski and J. Bogaert -- [12.] Pericardial Disease / J. Bogaert and A. M. Taylor -- [13.] Cardiac Masses / J. Bogaert and S. Dymarkowski -- [14.] Valvular Heart Disease / Andrew M. Taylor, Steven Dymarkowski, and Jan Bogaert -- [15.] Coronary Artery Diseases / S. Dymarkowski, J. Bogaert, and A. M. Taylor -- [16.] Congenital Heart Disease / Marina L. Hughes, Vivek Muthurangu, and Andrew M. Taylor -- [17.] Imaging of Great Vessels / Oliver R. Tann, Jan Bogaert, Andrew M. Taylor, and Vivek Muthurangu -- [18.] MR Guided Cardiac Catheterization / Vivek Muthurangu and Andrew M. Taylor -- [19.] Cardiovascular Modeling / Giovanni Biglino, Silvia Schievano, Vivek Muthurangu, and Andrew Taylor -- [20.] General Conclusions / J. Bogaert, S. Dymarkowski, A. M. Taylor, and V. Muthurangu.
- 2015 SpringerAlessandro Capucci editor.This book presents and describes a series of informative clinical cases with the aim of providing the reader with a clear understanding of the most frequent and challenging scenarios that a cardiologist may face during daily clinical practice. All major topics in modern clinical cardiology are addressed, including acute ischemic heart disease, conditions that mimic ischemic heart disease, heart failure and resynchronization therapy, cardiomyopathy, valvular heart disease, arrhythmias, and channelopathies. Guidance is provided on imaging techniques and their interpretation, patient management taking into account potential comorbidities, and follow-up appropriate to the clinical circumstances. The paradigmatic clinical cases in this book will serve as a sound basis for learning for medical students, residents, and others wishing to meet successfully the challenges posed by cardiac disease. In addition, the book will be a very useful reference for the more experienced cardiologist.
- 2013 Springeredited by Edgar V. Lerma, Mitchell Rosner.Through case presentations and a question and answer format, Clinical Decisions in Nephrology, Hypertension and Renal Transplantation provides a state of the art, updated reference for the optimal management of patients with diseases of the kidneys, and hypertension. This volume starts with the assessment of the patient, focusing on history and physical examination. Subsequently, cases depicting various clinical syndromes and/or diseases are presented, with questions centering on the appropriate diagnostic and treatment strategy. This sets the stage for a 'Socratic approach' to learning between the attending physician and the house staff or medical student.This is the only book featuring problem-oriented true to life clinical cases in this format to cover nephrology, hypertension and kidney transplantation. Written by renowned actively practicing clinicians, this unique reference is both comprehensive and concise and will be of great value to hospitalists and internists, as well as students, and interns/residents rotating in nephrology and internal medicine. Clinical practitioners, in the fields of critical care and hypertension specialists would also find this of value.
- Abdominal obesity--a driver of cardiometabolic risk — Clinical decisions in nephrology, hypertension and kidney transplantation (103)
- Clinical Insights-- geriatric valvular disease — If inhibition : the new strategy in cardiovascular risk management : proceedings of a satellite symposium held during the European Society of Cardiology Congress, Vienna, Austria, September 3, 2007 (103)
- Image-guided interventions. Second edition [2nd ed.] — Polymyalgia rheumatica and giant cell arteritis (103)
- Practical approach to cardiovascular medicine — White matter injury in stroke and CNS disease (103)
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- AAP Red Book Online
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Sabiston Textbook of Surgery
- Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics
- Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics
- Mandell, Douglas, & Bennett's Principles & Practice of Infectious Diseases
- Red Book Online
- ICU Book
- Primary Care Medicine
- Campbell-Walsh Urology
Access restricted to Stanford community
Shortcut to Licensed Content
TO INSTALL, DRAG THIS BUTTON to your browser Bookmarks or Tools Bar.
Bookmark on Other Websites
- TO INSTALL, RIGHT CLICK this button.
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
- Once installed it will look like this
- Click "Bookmark on Lane" to bookmark any webpage
- Your saved bookmark will appear on this page
Can't find it?
Look if we have it in print
- Springer Protocols
- Lange Series
- National Academy Press
- NCBI Bookshelf
- Thieme Atlases
A repository of medical knowledge from internal medicine, cardiology, genetics, pharmacy, diagnosis and management, basic sciences, patient care, and more.
Continuously expanding, all databases in the repository contain the latest editions of selected medical titles.MicroMedex: Premier pharmaceutical information source containing multiple databases and drug reference tools. Of particular value is DRUGDEX Evaluations, one of the most comprehensive drug sources available.DynaMed is a clinical information resource used by physicians to answer clinical questions quickly and easily at the point of care. Topics are updated daily as new evidence becomes available.Scopus is the largest abstract and citation database of peer-reviewed literature: scientific journals, books and conference proceedings.A drug information resource containing: American Hospital Formulary System (AHFS), drug formulary for Lucile Packard Children's Hospital (LPCH) and Stanford Hospital & Clinics (SHC), Lexi-Drugs (adverse reactions, dosage and administration, mechanism of action, storage, use, and administration information), Lexi-Calc, Lexi-ID, Lexi-I.V. Compatibility (King Guide), Lexi-Interact, and Lexi-PALS.Cumulative Index to Nursing and Allied Health Literature (CINAHL) contains coverage of nursing and allied health literature.A knowledge database that provides access to topic reviews based on over 6000 clinically relevant articles. The evidence-based content, updated regularly, provides the latest practice guidelines in 59 medical specialtiesProvides critical assessments of systematic reviews compiled from a variety of medical journals.Selects from the biomedical literature original studies and systematic reviews that are immediately clinically relevant and then summarizes these articles in an enhanced abstract with expert commentary.
Multidisciplinary coverage of over 10,000 high-impact journals in the sciences, social sciences, and arts and humanities, as well as international proceedings coverage for over 120,000 conferences.
Includes cited reference searching, citation maps, and an analyze tool.
Features systematic reviews that summarize the effects of interventions and makes a determination whether the intervention is efficacious or not.
Cochrane reviews are created through a strict process of compiling and analyzing data from multiple randomized control trials to ensure comprehensiveness and reliability.Provides systematic coverage of the psychological literature from the 1800s to the present through articles, book chapters and dissertations.BMJ Clinical Evidence. A clinical information tool built around systematic reviews summarizing the current state of knowledge about prevention and treatment of clinical conditions.PIER (Physicians' Information and Education Resource) is a Web-based decision-support tool designed for rapid point-of-care delivery of up-to-date, evidence-based guidance for primary care physicians.Cochrane Central Register of Controlled Trials (CENTRAL) provides access to 300,000 controlled trials that have been identified the Cochrane Collaboration.Provides drug information targeted for patients.A continually updating drug monograph.The National Guideline Clearinghouse (NGC): A comprehensive database of evidence-based clinical practice guidelines and related documents.MedlinePlus: A repository of health information from the National Library of Medicine. Links are from trusted sites. No advertising, no endorsement of commercial companies or productsLPCH CareNotes via MicroMedex: Patient education handouts customized by LPCH clinical staffMicromedex Lab Advisor: Evidence based laboratory test informationA drug database organized by generic name, trade name and drug class.LPCH / Stanford Hospital Formulary.A goldmine of trusted consumer health information from the world's largest medical library.A trusted source of expert advice for and about kids, providing the information necessary to help patients and parents understand their unique needs.Provides patient handouts from the American Academy of Family Physician.Access to the Stanford Health Library for patients.Lane provides access to over 5,000 eBooks many of which provide helpful background material that will prepare you to better tackle primary literature.
Largest, broadest eBook package; covers all sciences, as well as technology (including software), medicine, and humanities.
In addition to covering Wiley and Springer, MyiLibrary is also the only provider for Oxford and Cambridge University Press titles. No seat restrictions.A collection of biomedical books that can be searched directly by concept, and linked to terms in PubMed abstracts.
A web-based, decision support system for infectious diseases, epidemiology, microbiology and antimicrobial chemotherapy. The database, updated weekly, currently includes 337 diseases, 224 countries, 1,147 microbial taxa and 306 antibacterial (-fungal, -parasitic, -viral) agents and vaccines.
Over 10,000 notes outline the status of specific infections within each country.
Provides online, full-text access to Springer's journal titles as well as journals from other publishers.
Subjects include: life sciences, chemical sciences, environmental sciences, geosciences, computer science, mathematics, medicine, physics and astronomy, engineering and economics. Also includes eBooks.Collection of over 8 thousand fulltext titles in engineering, math, and basic and applied biomedical research. Coverage is from 1967 to the present.A library of ebooks on a wide array of topics, digitized and made available online in conjunction with the original publishers.