Books by Subject
- Adrenomedullin in cardiovascular disease — Handbook of cerebrovascular disease and neurointerventional technique. 2nd ed. (100)
- Handbook of endovascular interventions — Signal transduction in the cardiovascular system in health and disease (100)
- Special issues in hypertension — White matter injury in stroke and CNS disease (41)
Vascular DiseasesAccess restricted to Stanford unless otherwise noted
- Adrenomedullin in cardiovascular disease 2005, Springer
- Advances in acute coronary syndrome management 2012, Future MedAdvances in acute coronary syndrome management / Harvey White -- Etiology and overview / Ralph A.H. Stewart -- Biomarkers in acute coronary syndromes / Harvey D. White -- Clinical risk scores in ACS management : current and future directions / Derek P. Chew & Leong Lee -- Antithrombotic therapies / Paul A. Gurbel & Udaya S. Tantry -- Lipid-lowering therapy / Joel A. Lardizabal & Prakash C. Deedwania -- Antihypertensive therapies / Grégoire Wuerzner, Olivier Muller & Michel Burnier -- Interventional approaches to acute coronary syndromes / Neal S. Kleiman -- Noninvasive imaging in acute coronary syndromes / Govind Srinivasan & Joseph Selvanayagam -- Electrocardiography in acute coronary syndromes / Cheuk-Kit Wong & Harvey D. White -- Current guidelines for acute coronary syndromes / Michel E. Bertrand -- Index.
- Advances in vascular medicine 2010, Springer
- AHA clinical cardiac consult. 2nd ed. 2007, Ovid
- AHA clinical cardiac consult. 3rd ed. / 2011, Ovid
- Angiogenesis 2007, CRCnetBASE
- Angiogenesis-- in vitro systems 2008, ScienceDirect
- Angiogenesis-- in vivo systems. Part A-B v.1-2, 2008., ScienceDirectpt. B, 2008 ScienceDirect
- Antiplatelet agents 2012, SpringerPart 1.Pathophysiology.Platelets: Production, Morphology and Ultrastructure /Jonathan N. Thon and Joseph E. Italiano --Platelet Receptors /Alexandre Kauskot and Marc F. Hoylaerts --Platelet Signaling /Timothy J. Stalker, Debra K. Newman, Peisong Ma, Kenneth M. Wannemacher and Lawrence F. Brass --Platelet Interaction with the Vessel Wall /Philip G. de Groot, Rolf T. Urbanus and Mark Roest --Platelets in Atherosclerosis and Thrombosis /Christian Schulz and Steffen Massberg --Part 2.Pharmacology.Aspirin and Other COX-1 Inhibitors /Carlo Patrono and Bianca Rocca --Thienopyridines and Other ADP-Receptor Antagonists /Isabell Bernlochner and Dirk Sibbing --Glycoprotein IIb/IIIa Antagonists /Karen M. Hook and Joel S. Bennett --Targeting Phosphodiesterases in Anti-platelet Therapy /Matthew T. Rondina and Andrew S. Weyrich --PAR-1 Inhibitors: A Novel Class of Antiplatelet Agents for the Treatment of Patients with Atherothrombosis /Sergio Leonardi and Richard C. Becker --Thromboxane Receptors Antagonists and/or Synthase Inhibitors /Giovanni Davì, Francesca Santilli and Natale Vazzana --Inhibitors of the Interaction Between von Willebrand Factor and Platelet GPIb/IX/V /Paolo Gresele and Stefania Momi --Inhibitors of the Interactions Between Collagen and Its Receptors on Platelets /Hans Deckmyn, Simon F. De Meyer, Katleen Broos and Karen Vanhoorelbeke --Intracellular Signaling as a Potential Target for Antiplatelet Therapy /Patrick Andre --Novel Targets for Platelet Inhibition /Kathleen Freson and Chris Van Geet --Variability of Platelet Indices and Function: Acquired and Genetic Factors /Giovanni de Gaetano, Iolanda Santimone, Francesco Gianfagna, Licia Iacoviello and Chiara Cerletti --Small RNAs as Potential Platelet Therapeutics /Leonard C. Edelstein and Paul F. Bray --Pharmacological Modulation of the Inflammatory Actions of Platelets /Richard Amison, Clive Page and Simon Pitchford --Part 3.Therapy.The Role of Laboratory Monitoring in Antiplatelet Therapy /Marco Cattaneo --Antiplatelet Agents in Ischemic Heart Disease /Christopher H. May and A. Michael Lincoff --Antiplatelet Therapy in Cerebrovascular Disorders /Ralph Weber, Johannes Brenck and Hans-Christoph Diener --Antiplatelet Therapy in Peripheral Artery Disease /Francesco Violi, Stefania Basili, Jeffrey S. Berger and William R. Hiatt --Primary Prevention of Ischaemic Cardiovascular Disorders with Antiplatelet Agents /Tom Mead.
- Aortic aneurysms 2009, Springer
- Aortic diseases 2009, ClinicalKeyAortic physiology and function: anatomic and histologic considerations -- Anatomic variants of the aorta -- Examination and imaging of the aorta -- Acute aortic dissection -- Aortic intramural hematoma -- Late complications of aortic dissection -- Aortic complications of catheterization, surgery, and instrumentation -- Aortic atheromatous disease: plaques, debris, and obstruction -- Aortic atheromatous disease: thrombosis, thromboembolism, and atheroembolism -- Aortic atheromatous disease: ulcers and penetrating aortic ulcers -- Thoracic aortic aneurysms -- Abdominal aortic aneurysms -- Endovascular therapy for thoracic aortic pathology -- Diseases of the aortic root -- Congenital bicuspid aortic valve-associated aortopathy -- Coarctation and atresia of the aorta -- Marfan syndrome -- Traumatic disruption of the aorta -- Tumors of the aorta -- Infectious and mycotic aneurysms -- Noninfectious aortitis: Takayasu's disease -- Noninfectious aortitis: giant cell aortitis, SLE, and other aortitides.
- Applications of biotechnology in cardiovascular therapeutics 2011, Springer
- Atherosclerosis 2005, Springer
- Atherosclerosis and oxidant stress 2008, Springer
- Atherosclerosis disease management 2011, SpringerAtherosclerosis is a degenerative process affecting blood vessels, which determines narrowing of the lumen, plaque growth, and hardening of the walls. It is a risk factor for cardiovascular diseases. The focus of this book is on the management of the atherosclerotic disease. The coverage of this book spans from histological presentation of the various stages of atherosclerotic lesions to the earliest studies in atherosclerosis therapy, from advanced clinical diagnosis to monitoring, follow-up, and home-care of the atherosclerotic patient. The book shows well-established diagnostic techniques covering several medical imaging modalities such as Ultrasounds, IVUS, MRI, Computer Tomography, along with new trends in early and advanced atherosclerosis diagnosis (innovative drugs and tissue characterization procedures). Surgical standards will be presented along with innovative experimental trials for the treatment of the atherosclerotic patient. The book will also cover emerging techniques based on molecular imaging and vibro-acoustics.
- Atlas of atherosclerosis and metabolic syndrome. 5th ed. 2011, SpringerThe Metabolic Syndrome -- Epidemiology of the Metabolic Syndrome and Risk for Cardiovascular Disease and Diabetes -- The Metabolic Syndrome and Atherogenesis -- Triglyceride-Rich Lipoproteins -- High-Density Lipoprotein Metabolism -- Newer Coronary Risk Factors -- Dietary Effects on Cardiovascular Risk Factors -- Strategies for Treating Abnormal Lipid Profiles with Drugs -- Ethnic Differences in the Metabolic Syndrome -- Obesity Management -- Diabetes Mellitus and Cardiovascular Disease -- Gender Differences in Coronary Risk Factors and Risk Interventions.
- Atlas of cardiovascular computed tomography. [1st ed.] 2010, ClinicalKeyCardiac CT : how it works / J. Jeffrey Carr -- Optimizing CT image quality / wm. Guy Weigold -- Contrast medium administration / Dominik Fleischmann -- Systematic analysis of cardiac CT / John A. Rumberger -- Coronary CT angiography : normal anatomy / Ricardo C. Cury and Roberto C. Cury -- Coronary CT angiography : obstructive coronary artery disease / Stephan Achenbach -- Detection of calcified atherosclerosis / Allen J. Taylor -- Coronary CT angiography : the patient with noncalcified plaque / Joanne D. Schuijf and Jeroen J. Bax -- The post-revascularization patient / Matthew J. Budoff -- Advanced vessel analysis / Harvey S. Hecht -- Applications of PET-CT and SPECT-CT / Marcelo F. Di Carli -- The left ventricle / Andreas H. Mahnken -- CT detection of myocardial perfusion, infarction, and viability / Richard T. George, Joao A.C. Lima, and Albert C. Lardo -- The right ventricle / David Bush -- Coronary veins, systemic veins, and atria / Jerold S. Shinbane ... [et al.] -- Aortic disease / Michael A. Bolen and Suhny Abbara -- Valvular heart disease / Hatem Alkadhi -- Prosthetic heart valves / Tracy Q. Callister -- Pericardial disease / Thomas C. Gerber, Birgit Kantor, and Eric E. Williamson -- Adult congenital heart disease / Stephen C. Cook -- Intracardiac masses / Amgad N. Makaryus and Lawrence M. Boxt -- Noncardiac findings identified on cardiovascular CT / Jonathan D. Dodd and Ricardo C. Cury.
- Atlas of cardiovascular magnetic resonance imaging 2010, ClinicalKeyNormal cardiac anatomy / Saul G. Myerson, and Stefan Neubauer -- Normal vessel anatomy / Housseini M. Ahmed, Ugur Bozlar, Patrick T. Norton, and Klaus D. Hagspiel -- Left ventricular volumes, ejection fraction, mass, and shape / Nathaniel Reichek, and Dipti Gupta -- Measuring regional function / Nael F. Osman, Alexander Jehle, and Frederick H. Epstein -- Size and function of the right ventricle / Albert C. van Rossum, and Simon C. Koestner -- Atria and pulmonary veins / Saman Nazarian, David A. Bluemke, Hugh Calkins, and Henry R. Halperin -- Valvular heart disease / Marcus Y. Chen, and Andrew E. Arai -- Myocardial masses / Jennifer A. Dickerson, and Subha V. Raman -- Pericardial disease / Rajan A. G. Patel, and Christopher M. Kramer -- Dilated cardiomyopathy and myocardial infarction / NikolaosTzemos, Gabriel Vorobiof, adn Ryamond Y. Kwong -- Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy / Andrew S. Flett, and James C. Moon -- Iron cardiomyopathy / John C. Wood, and Nilesh Ghugre -- Myocarditis / Matthias G. Friedrich, and Oliver Strohm -- Simple congenital heart disease / Rebecca S. Beroukhim, and Tal Geva -- Complex congenital heart disease / Mark A. Fogel -- Postoperative evaluation of congenitial heart disease / Karen G. Ordovas, and Charles B. Higgins-- Perfusion stress magnetic resonance / Amedeo Chiribiri, Sven Plein, and Eike Nagel-- Wall motion stress magnetic resonance / William O. Ntim, Rahul Aggarwal, Chirapa Puntawangkoon, and W. Gregory Hundley -- Delayed-enhancement magnetic resonance / Chetan Shenoy, Annamalai Senthilkumar, and Raymond F. Kim -- Peripheral magnetic resonance angiography / Rajiv Agarwal, and Scott D. Flamm -- Diseases of the aorta / Mark A. Lawson -- Renal arteries / Christopher J. Francois, and Thomas M. Grist -- Coronary arteries and bypass grafts / Hajime Sakuma, and Yasutaka Ichikawa -- Coronary anomalies / Shahriar Heidary, and Michael V. McConnell -- Carotid atherosclerotic disease / Chun Yuan, Baocheng Chu, Niranjan Balu, Marina Ferguson, and Thomas S. Hatsukami -- Plaque and wall assessment / Alistair C. Lindsay, Justin M. Lee, Ilias Kylintireas, Matthew D. Robson, and Robin P. Choudhury.
- Atlas of heart disease and stroke 2004, WHO
- Atlas of vascular anatomy. 2nd ed. 2007, OvidThe fetal circulation -- Arteries of the head and neck -- Veins of the head and neck -- Lymphatic system of the head and neck -- Arteries of the spinal cord and spine -- Veins of the spinal cord and spine -- Thoracic aorta and arteries of the trunk -- Veins of the thorax -- Lymphatic system of the thorax -- Pulmonary arterial circulation -- Pulmonary venous circulation -- Pulmonary and thoracic lymphatic system -- Heart and coronary arteries -- Cardiac veins -- Arteries of the upper extremity -- Veins of the upper extremity -- Lymphatic drainage of the upper extremity -- Abdominal aorta and branches -- Arteries of the pelvis -- Veins of the abdomen and pelvis -- Lymphatic system of the abdomen and pelvis -- Arteries of the lower extremity -- Veins of the lower extremity -- Lymphatic system of the lower extremity.
- Beta-blockade across the cardiovascular continuum 2009, HighWire
- Biochemistry of atherosclerosis 2006, Springer
- Biology and regulation of blood-tissue barriers 2013, SpringerRegulation of permeability across the blood-brain barrier / Alexander S. Easton -- Drug transporters at brain barriers : expression and regulation by neurological disorders / Tamima Ashraf ... [et al.] -- The blood-retina barrier : tight junctions and barrier modulation / Matthew Campbell and Peter Humphries -- The inner blood-retinal barrier : molecular structure and transport biology / Ken-Ichi Hosoya and Masanori Tachikawa -- Endothelial and epithelial barriers in graft-versus-host disease / Sam C. Nalle and Jerrold R. Turner -- Structure and regulation of intestinal epithelial tight junctions : current concepts and unanswered questions / Andrei I. Ivanov -- Polarity protein complex scribble/Lgl/Dlg and epithelial cell barriers / Wen-Hui Su ... [et al.] -- The blood-biliary barrier, tight junctions, and human liver diseases / Nikki P. Lee -- The blood-follicle barrier (BFB) in disease and in ovarian function / Michelle K.Y. Siu and C. Yan Cheng -- Physiology and pathophysiology of the epithelial barrier of the female reproductive tract : role of ion channels / Hsiao Chang Chan ... [et al.] -- The blood-epididymis barrier and human male fertility / Øvemie Dubø and Daniel G. Cyr -- Blood-tissue barriers : morphofunctional and immunological aspects of the blood-testis and blood-epididymal barriers / Luiz R. França ... [et al.] -- Gap junctions and blood-tissue barriers / Michelle W.M. Li, Dolores D. Mruk, and C. Yan Cheng -- Transcriptional regulation of cell adhesion at the blood-testis barrier and spermatogenesis in the testis / Wing-Yee Lui and C. Yan Cheng -- C-Src and c-Yes are two unlikely partners of spermatogenesis and their roles in blood-testis barrier dynamics / Xiang Xiao ... [et al.] -- Role of P-glycoprotein at the blood-testis barrier on adjudin distribution in the testis : a revisit of recent data / Linlin Su ... [et al.] -- The apical ectoplasmic specialization-blood-testis barrier functional axis is a novel target for male contraception / Ka-Wai Mok ... [et al.].
- Brain, stroke, and kidney 2013, KargerCerebral interaction and stroke / Toyoda, K. -- Inhibition of the renin-angiotensin-aldosterone system for cerebrorenal protection / Lambers Heerspink, H.J. -- Obesity and heart failure as a mediator of the cerebrorenal interaction / Jindal, A., Whaley-Connell, A., Sowers, J.R. -- Subclinical cerebral abnormalities in chronic kidney disease / Yao, H. ... [et al.] -- Carotid atherosclerosis in kidney disease / Kokubo, Y. -- Kidney disease and cognitive function / Elias, M.F., Dore, G.A., Davey, A. -- Risk of stroke in kidney disease / Ninomiya, T. -- Role of 24-hour blood pressure management in preventing kidney disease and stroke / Nagai, M., Hoshide, S., Kario, K. -- Preventing stroke and systemic embolism in renal patients with atrial fibrillation : focus on anticoagulation / Ahmad, Y., Lip, G.Y.H. -- Stroke features and management in patients with chronic kidney disease / Kamouchi, M. -- Stroke feature and management in dialysis patients / Iseki, K. -- Thrombolysis and hyperacute reperfusion therapy for stroke in renal patients / Hirano, T. -- Antiplatelet therapy for preventing stroke in patients with chronic kidney disease / Kim, S.J., Bang, O.Y.
- Braunwald's Heart disease. 8th ed. v. 1-2, 2008.Print Material
- Braunwald's Heart disease. Tenth edition [10th ed.] 2015, MD ConsultFulltext ClinicalKeyGlobal burden of cardiovascular disease -- Heart disease in varied populations -- Ethics in cardiovascular medicine -- Clinical decision making in cardiology -- Measurement and improvement of quality of care : relevance to cardiovascular clinical practice -- Critical evaluation of clinical trials -- Personalized and precision cardiovascular medicine -- Principles of cardiovascular genetics -- Drug therapeutics and personalized medicine -- Biomarkers, proteomics, metabolomics, and personalized medicine -- The history and physical examination : an evidence-based approach -- Electrocardiography -- Exercise testing -- Echocardiography -- The chest radiograph in cardiovascular disease -- Nuclear cardiology -- Cardiovascular magnetic resonance imaging -- Cardiac computed tomography -- Cardiac catheterization -- Coronary arteriography and intracoronary imaging -- Mechanisms of cardiac contraction and relaxation -- Pathophysiology of heart failure -- Clinical assessment of heart failure -- Diagnosis and management of acute heart failure -- Management of patients with heart failure with reduced ejection fraction -- Devices for monitoring and managing heart failure -- Heart failure with a preserved ejection fraction -- Surgical management of heart failure -- Mechanical circulatory support -- Cardiovascular regeneration and gene therapy -- Care of patients with end-stage heart disease -- Genetics of cardiac arrhythmias -- Genesis of cardiac arrhythmias : electrophysiologic considerations -- Diagnosis of cardiac arrhythmias -- Therapy for cardiac arrhythmias -- Pacemakers and implantable cardioverter-defibrillators -- Specific arrhythmias : diagnosis and treatment -- Atrial fibrillation : clinical features, mechanisms, and management -- Cardiac arrest and sudden cardiac death -- Hypotension and syncope -- The vascular biology of atherosclerosis -- Risk markers and the primary prevention of cardiovascular disease -- Systemic hypertension : mechanisms and diagnosis -- Systemic hypertension : management -- Lipoprotein disorders and cardiovascular disease -- Nutrition and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases -- Exercise-based, comprehensive cardiac rehabilitation -- Integrative approaches to the management of patients with heart disease -- Coronary blood flow and myocardial ischemia -- Approach to the patient with chest pain -- ST-elevation myocardial infarction : pathology, pathophysiology, and clinical features -- ST-elevation myocardial infarction : management --Non-ST elevation acute coronary syndromes -- Stable ischemic heart disease -- Percutaneous coronary intervention -- Transcatheter therapies for structural heart disease in adults -- Diseases of the aorta -- Peripheral artery diseases -- Prevention and management of ischemic stroke -- Treatment of noncoronary obstructive vascular disease -- Diabetes and the cardiovascular system -- Congenital heart disease -- Valvular heart disease -- Cardiovascular infections -- The dilated, restrictive, and infiltrative cardiomyopathies -- Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy -- Myocarditis -- Chemical cardiomyopathies -- Cardiovascular complications of cancer therapeutic agents -- Cardiovascular abnormalities in HIV-infected individuals -- Pericardial diseases -- Traumatic heart disease -- Pulmonary embolism -- Pulmonary hypertension -- Sleep apnea and cardiovascular disease -- Cardiovascular disease in the elderly -- Cardiovascular disease in women -- Pregnancy and heart disease -- Exercise and sports cardiology -- Anesthesia and noncardiac surgery in patients with heart disease -- Endocrine disorders and cardiovascular disease -- Hemostasis, thrombosis, fibrinolysis, and cardiovascular disease -- Rheumatic fever -- Rheumatic diseases and the cardiovascular system -- Tumors affecting the cardiovascular system -- Psychiatric and behavioral aspects of cardiovascular disease -- Neurologic disorders and cardiovascular disease -- Interface between renal disease and cardiovascular illness -- Cardiovascular manifestations of autonomic disorders.
- Cancer metastasis and the lymphovascular system 2007, Springer
- Caplan's Stroke. 4th ed. 2009, ClinicalKey1. Introduction and perspective -- 2. Basic pathology, anatomy, and pathophysiology of stroke -- 3. Diagnosis and the clinical encounter -- 4. Imaging and laboratory diagnosis -- 5. Treatment -- 6. Large artery occlusive disease of the anterior circulation -- 7. Large vessel occlusive disease of the posterior circulation -- 8. Penetrating and branch artery disease -- 9. Brain embolism -- 10. Hypoxic-ischemic encephalopathy, cardiac arrests, and cardiac encephalopathy -- 11. Nonatherosclerotic vasculopathies -- 12. Subarachnoid hemorrhage, aneurysms, and vascular malformations -- 13. Intracerebral hemorrhage -- 14. Stroke in children and young adults -- 15. Spinal cord vascular disease -- 16. Cerebral venous thrombosis -- 17. Stroke prevention -- 18 Complications in stroke patients -- 19. Recovery and rehabilitation.
- Cardiac lymphatic system 2013, SpringerAnatomy of the Cardiac Lymphatic System.A General Outline of the Cardiac Lymphatic System /Marios Loukas, Sameer Shah, Shivayogi Bhusnurmath, Bharti Shivayogi Bhusnurmath --Development and Patterning of the Cardiac Lymphatic Network /Jörg Wilting, Jörg Männer --The Cardiac Lymphatics and Heart Disease.The Link Between Lymphatic Obstruction and Congenital Heart Disease /Manish Bansal --The Role of Lymphatics in Atherogenesis, Myocardial Infarction, Congestive Heart Failure, and Cardiac Transplantation /Shin Lin, Stanley G. Rockson --The Lymphatics in Normal and Pathological Heart Valves /Ivana Kholová, Galina Dragneva, Seppo Ylä-Herttuala --Therapeutic Applications Targeting the Cardiac Lymphatics in Heart Disease /Jae-Hyeong Park, Jin-Ok Jeong --Imaging the Lymphatic System in Heart Transplantation and Its Immunological Implications /Kathryn Brown, Lindsey A. Edwards, Wilson Wong --Cardiac Lymphatic Signaling.Tie Receptor Signaling in Cardiac Lymphangiogenesis /Xianghu Qu, H. Scott Baldwin --VEGF Receptor Signaling in the Cardiac Lymphatics /Alexey Dashkevich, Karl B. Lemström, Antti I. Nykänen --Hypoxia and the Cardiac Lymphatic System /Todd R. Wuest, P. Charles Lin --The Potential of the Epicardium to Act as a Source of Lymphatic Cells /Linda Klotz, Paul Riley.
- Cardio-thoracic, vascular, renal and transplant surgery 2014, SpringerWritten by "internationally acclaimed" specialists, Cardio-Thoracic, Vascular, Renal and Transplant Surgery provides pertinent and concise procedure descriptions spanning benign and malignant problems and minimally invasive procedures. Complications are reviewed when appropriate for the organ system and problem, creating a book that is both comprehensive and accessible. Stages of operative approaches with relevant technical considerations are outlined in an easily understandable manner. Forming part of the series, Surgery: Complications, Risks and Consequences, this volume Cardio-Thoracic, Vascular, Renal and Transplant Surgery provides a valuable resource for all general surgeons and residents in training. Other healthcare providers will also find this a useful resource.
- Cardiology in family practice 2006, SpringerAcute coronary syndromes -- Arrhythmias -- Prevention of bacterial endocarditis -- Congestive heart failure -- Hyperlipidemia -- Hypertension -- Pericardial diseases -- Stable angina -- Valvular disease.
- Cardiorenal syndrome 2010, SpringerChronic kidney disease with a worldwide prevalence of 10% in the general population is emerging as a major public health priority. Renal dysfunction is associated with a high risk for cardiovascular complications. The relationship between renal insufficiency and cardiovascular disease, termed the cardiorenal syndrome exists whether impairment of renal function is a consequence of primary renal parenchymal disease or primary heart disease. This book provides a comprehensive update analysis of our current understanding of the cardiorenal syndrome including epidemiology pathophysiologic mechanism.
- Cardiovascular CT and MR imaging 2013, SpringerThe availability and diffusion of high-performance technologies has strengthened the role of CT angiography and MR angiography as simple, reliable techniques for the characterization and treatment planning of the principal diseases of the cardiovascular system, an understanding of which has become essential for all radiologists. The aim of this book is to provide concise but thorough information and guidance on the main methods and examination techniques used when performing high-quality CT angiography and MR angiography studies in a broad range of clinical settings. The lucid text is supported by a large number of case studies and is rich in advice on image interpretation and practical suggestions for the evaluation and reporting of the examinations. Importantly, a central feature is detailed comparison of the advantages and limitations of the two techniques in various diseases and vascular regions; the book will therefore enable both trainee and expert radiologists to understand their indications and to select the most appropriate technique in different contexts.
- Cardiovascular disease v. 1-2, 2006., Springer Protocolsv. 2, 2006 Springer Protocolsv. 1. Genetics -- v. 2. Molecular medicine.
- Cardiovascular disease in AIDS 2005, Springer
- Cardiovascular disease in AIDS. 2nd ed. 2009, Springer
- Cardiovascular disease in racial and ethnic minorities 2009, SpringerCardiovascular disease in racial/ethnic minorities: overview and perspectives -- Epidemiology of cardiovascular diseases and risk factors among racial/ethnic populations -- Unmasking racial/ethnic disparities in cardiovascular disease: nutritional, socioeconomic, cultural, and health-care-related contributions -- Race and genetics -- Race, genetics and cardiovascular disease -- Hypertension and stroke in racial/ethnic groups -- Dyslipidemia in racial/ethnic groups -- Novel & emerging risk factors in racial/ethnic groups -- Weight loss interventions to control blood pressure in an increasingly overweight, multi-ethnic society -- Obesity and the cardiometabolic syndrome: impact on chronic kidney disease and CVD -- Risk calculation and clustering within racial/ethnic groups -- Cardiovascular imaging in racial/ethinc populations: implications for the adequate application of cardiovascular imaging techniques guided by racial/ethnical risk factor variations -- Unique aspects of vascular and cardiac ultrasound in racial/ethnical groups -- Heart failure in racial/ethnic group -- Minority women and cardiovascular disease.
- Cardiovascular disease in the elderly 2005, SpringerAging of the heart and arteries : relevance to cardiovascular disease / Samer S. Najjar and Edward G. Lakatta -- Frailty : keystone in the bridge between geriatrics and cardiology / William Russell Hazzard -- Cardiovascular risk factors in the elderly : evaluation and intervention / Susan J. Zieman and Beth R. Malasky -- Stable coronary artery disease in the elderly / Beth R. Malasky and Joseph S. Alpert -- Age and mortality and morbidity in ST-segment elevation myocardial infarction / Steven P. Schulman and Gary Gerstenblith -- Unstable angina/non-ST-elevation myocardial infarction in the elderly / Stephen D. Wiviott and Christopher P. Cannon -- Percutaneous coronary intervention in the elderly / Michael J. McWilliams and Eric J. Topol -- Cardiac surgery in the elderly / David D. Yuh and William A. Baumgartner -- Heart failure in the elderly / Michael W. Rich -- Valvular heart disease in the elderly / Milind Y. Desai and Gary Gerstenblith -- Arrhythmia management in the elderly / Jonathan P. Piccini and Hugh Calkins -- Peripheral arterial disease in the elderly / Emile R. Mohler III and William R. Hiatt -- Cardiac rehabilitation in older cardiac patients / Philip A. Ades -- Clinical pharmacology / Janice B. Schwartz -- Medical treatment of the cardiac patient approaching the end of life / Lofty L. Basta, W. Daniel Doty, and Michael D.D. Geldart.
- Cardiovascular English 2008, Springer
- Cardiovascular genomics 2005, SpringerAngiotensin II receptor polymorphisms and hypertension / Bruno Baudin -- Angiotensinogen gene polymorphisms and hypertension / Ashok Kumar -- Substitution mapping: using congenic strains to detect genes controlling blood pressure / Bina Joe and Michael R. Garrett -- Local production of angiotensinogen: insights from genetic manipulation of mice / Kamal Rahmouni and Curt D. Sigmund -- Cardiovascular pharmacogenomics / Julie A. Johnson and Larisa H. Cavallari -- Genetic polymorphisms and responses to HMG-CoA, reductase inhibitors / Anke-Hilse Maitland-van der Zee, Olaf H. Klungel, and Anthonius de Boer -- Monogenic causes of heart failure: familial dilated cardiomyopathy / Hideko Kasahara -- Gene therapy vs. pharmacotherapy / Ryuichi Morishita -- Molecular therapeutic approaches for myocardial protection / Alok S. Pachori, Luis G. Melo, and Victor J. Dzau -- Gene transfer and the cardiovascular system / William H. Miller ... [et al.] -- Kallikrein gene transfer in hypertension, cardiovascular and renal disease, and stroke / Julie Chao and Lee Chao -- Current and future novel targets of gene therapy for hypertension / Michael J. Katovich, Justin L. Grobe, and Mohan K. Raizada -- Application of viral gene transfer in studies of neurogenic hypertension / Sergey Kasparov, A.G. Teschemacher, and Julian F.R. Paton -- Vigilant vectors: intelligent gene vectors for cardioprotection in myocardial ischemia / M. Ian Phillips and Yi Tang -- Gene therapy for cerebral arterial diseases / Yoshimasa Watanabe and Donald D. Heistad -- Therapeutic angiogenesis and vasculogenesis for tissue regeneration / Paolo Madeddu -- Cell transplantation: the new frontier / Shafie Fazel ... [et al.] -- Embryonic stem cells and the cardiovascular system / Neta Lavon and Nissim Benvenisty.
- Cardiovascular hemodynamics 2013, SpringerA basic understanding of cardiovascular physiology is essential for optimal patient care. This practical book provides a concise tutorial of all the essential aspects of cardiovascular hemodynamics and the techniques used to assess cardiovascular performance. A high-yield reference, this book is replete with figures, tracings, tables, and clinical pearls that reinforce the basic tenets of hemodynamics. From identifying key findings of the patient history and physical exam to correlating hemodynamic tracings with acute clinical presentations, this book arms the reader with the tools necessary to handle any hemodynamic-related situation.
- Cardiovascular magnetic resonance imaging 2007, Springer
- Cardiovascular medicine. 3rd ed. 2007, Springer
- Cardiovascular MR manual 2011, SpringerWhat's inside the magnet and why? -- The MRI environment -- Protons and spins: the origin of the MRI signal -- Generating a signal: RF pulses and echoes -- Relaxation times, gradient echoes, and spin echoes -- Making an image: locating and encoding signals in space -- Image space and k-space -- Imaging parameters and image attributes -- Improving SNR with surface coils and array coils -- Pulse sequences and image contrast -- Gradient echo versus spin echo -- Black blood versus bright blood imaging -- Dealing with cardiac motion: how do we image the beating heart? -- Dealing with respiratory motion -- Fast imaging: how do we speed up the image acquisition? -- Special pulse sequences for cardiac imaging -- Common artifacts -- The basics of a CMR study -- Components of CMR protocols -- Anatomy of CMR -- The CMR report -- Diseases of the aorta -- Cardiomyopathies -- Pericardial disease -- Cardiac masses -- Valvular heart disease -- Ischemic heart disease -- Basic adult congenital heart disease (ACHD) -- Pulmonary vein assessment -- Interventional cardiovascular magnetic resonance imaging.
- Cardiovascular MRI in congenital heart disease 2010, Springer
- Cardiovascular pediatric critical illness and injury 2009, Springer
- Cardiovascular physiology. 10th ed. 2013, ClinicalKeyOverview of the circulation and blood -- Excitation : the cardiac action potentia -- Automaticity : natural excitation of the heart -- The cardiac pump -- Regulation of the heartbeat -- Hemodynamics -- The arterial system -- The microcirculation and lymphatics -- The peripheral circulation and its control -- Control of cardiac output: coupling of heart and blood vessels -- Coronary circulation -- Special circulations -- Interplay of central and peripheral factors that control the circulation.
- Cardiovascular research 2006, Springer
- Cardiovascular surgery 2007 2008, HighWire
- Cardiovascular system 2002, Cold Spring Harb Lab PressDevelopment of the cardiovascular system -- Transcription factors in cardiovascular development -- Vascular biology -- Tumor angiogenesis -- Genetics and genomics of the cardiovascular system -- Regulation of the heart -- Heart disease and failure -- Hypertension, atherosclerosis, and lipid homeostasis -- Repairing the cardiovascular system -- Author index -- Subject index.
- Cardiovascular therapeutics. 4th ed. 2013, ClinicalKeyTools for Assessment of Cardiovascular Tests and Therapies -- New Drug Development -- Device Development for Cardiovascular Therapeutics: Concepts and Regulatory Implications -- Pharmacogenetics -- Systems of Health Care -- Global Cardiovascular Therapy -- Pharmacologic Options for Treatment of Ischemic Disease -- Stable Ischemic Heart Disease/Chronic Stable Angina -- Non-ST-Segment Elevation Acute Coronary Syndromes -- ST-Segment Elevation Myocardial Infarction -- Advances in Coronary Revascularization -- Pharmacologic Management of Heart Failure in the Ambulatory Setting -- Implantable Devices for the Management of Heart Failure -- Strategies for Management of Acute Decompensated Heart Failure -- Cardiac Transplantation and Circulatory Support Devices -- Regenerative Therapy for Heart Failure -- Hypertrophic, Restrictive, and Infiltrative Cardiomyopathies -- Clinical Pharmacology of Antiarrhythmic Drugs -- Pharmacologic Management of Supraventricular Tachycardias -- Atrial Fibrillation -- Nonpharmacologic Treatment of Tachyarrhythmias -- Role of Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators in Primary and Secondary Prevention of Sudden Cardiac Death -- Treatment of Ventricular Tachycardia and Cardiac Arrest -- Drugs for Elevated Low-Density Lipoprotein Cholesterol -- Therapy to Manage Low High-Density Lipoprotein Cholesterol and Elevated Triglycerides -- Cardiovascular Disease and Lifestyle Modification -- Steps Beyond Diet and Drug Therapy for Severe Hypercholesterolemia -- Initial Evaluation and Approach to the Patient with Hypertension -- Pharmacologic Management of Hypertension -- Endocrine Causes of Hypertension -- Resistant Hypertension -- Hypertensive Crisis -- Hypertension in Pregnancy -- Management of Hypertension in Children and Adolescents -- Peripheral Artery Disease -- Cerebrovascular Disease -- Renal Artery Stenosis -- Pulmonary Embolism and Deep Vein Thrombosis -- Treatment of Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension -- Aortic Disease -- Pharmacologic Options for Treating Cardiovascular Disease During Pregnancy -- Care for Adults with Congenital Heart Disease -- Prevention and Treatment of Infective Endocarditis -- Treatment of Pericardial Disease -- Optimal Timing of Surgical and Mechanical Intervention in Native Valvular Heart Disease -- Surgery for Valvular Heart Disease -- Percutaneous Treatment for Valvular Heart Disease -- Manifestations, Mechanisms, and Treatment of HIV-Associated Cardiovascular Disease -- Rehabilitation of the Patient with Cardiovascular Disease.
- Carotid artery stenting 2009, Springer
- Cases in interventional cardiology. 1st ed. 2011, ClinicalKeySection 1. Complex coronary interventions -- section 2. Complications -- section 3. Management dilemmas and controversies -- section 4. Peripheral and noncoronary interventions.
- Catheter-based cardiovascular interventions 2013, SpringerOperator skills, and in particular decision-making and strategic skills, are the most critical factor for the outcome of catheter-based cardiovascular interventions. Currently, such skills are commonly developed by the empirical trial and error method only. In this textbook, for the first time, an explicit teaching, training, and learning approach is set out that will enable interventional operators, whether cardiologists, vascular surgeons, vascular specialists, or radiologists, to learn about and to develop the cognitive skills required in order to achieve consistent expert-level catheter-based interventions. It is anticipated that adoption of this approach will allow catheter-based interventions to become a domain of excellence, with rapid transfer of knowledge, steep learning curves, and highly efficient acquisition of complex skills by individual operators -- all of which are essential if we are to meet successfully the challenges of modern cardiovascular care embedded in highly competitive health care markets.
- Cell signaling in vascular inflammation 2005, SpringerHeme oxygenase-1 and carbon monoxide in vascular regulation / Stefan W. Ryter and Augustine M.K. Choi -- Tumor necrosis factor-[alpha]/receptor signaling through the Akt kinase / Osman Nidai Ozes ... [et al.] -- Protein modifications by nitric oxide and reactive nitrogen species / Harry Ischiropoulos -- Redox signaling in hypoxic pulmonary vasoconstriction / E. Kenneth Weir ... [et al.] -- cGMP-dependent protein kinase in regulation of the perinatal pulmonary circulation / Usha Raj ... [et al.] -- Glutamate receptor activation in the pathogenesis of acute leg injury / Sami I. Said -- Carboxyl methylation of small GTPases and endothelial cell function / Sharon Rounds, Elizabeth O. Harrington, and Qing Lu -- Pressure-induced inflammatory signaling in lung endothelial cells / Wolfgang M. Kuebler -- Regulation of endothelial barrier function: contributions of the transcellular and paracellular pathways / Dolly Mehta, Richard D. Minshall, and Asrar B. Malik -- Sphingolipid signaling: implications for vascular biology / Margaret M. Harnett -- Regulations of cytokine signaling / Bao Q. Vuong ... [et al.] -- Cell signaling by vasoactive agents / Barry L. Fanburg ... [et al.] -- Reactive oxygen species and cell signaling in lung ischemia / Aron B. Fisher --Pulmonary vascular barrier regulation by thrombin and Edg receptors / Jeffrey R. Jacobson and Joe G.N. Garcia -- Second-messenger signaling in lung capillaries / Kaushik Parthasarathi -- Plasma membrane-to-nucleus calcium signaling / Giles E. Hardingham -- Signaling by mitochondria / Navdeep S. Chandel -- Pro-inflammatory signaling by endothelial focal complexes in lung / Sunita Bhattacharya -- Hydrogen peroxide as intracellular messenger: production, target, and elimination / Sue Goo Rhee ... [et al.] -- Calcium-inhibited adenylyl cyclase (AC6) controls endothelial cell barrier function / Troy Stevens.
- Cell transplantation for myocardial repair 2006, HighWire
- Cerebral angiography. Second edition. [2nd ed.] 2014, SpringerThis revised and enlarged edition of Cerebral Angiography, which includes new angiographic studies and illustrative drawings, offers detailed guidance on diagnostic use of the procedure. The first part of the book describes the normal anatomy of the cerebral arteries and veins, with attention to morphological aspect, embryological development, function, and vascular territories. The intraorbital and extracranial vascularization is also considered. The reader will gain a sound knowledge of normal vascular anatomy and its variations that will serve as a basis for the correct interpretation of pathological processes and their clinical significance, as covered in the second part of the book. Among the pathologies considered are vascular abnormalities, including angiomas, fistulas and aneurysms; atherosclerotic and non-atherosclerotic stenosis and occlusion of the cerebral vessels; venous thrombosis; intraorbital and extracranial vascular malformations. Pathogenesis, morphological and dynamic aspects, responsible for clinical symptoms and influencing the therapy are described. While the emphasis throughout is on the diagnostic value of cerebral angiography, many examples of endovascular treatment in different pathological situations are also presented, with discussion of indications, risks and results.
- Cerebral vasospasm 2013, SpringerThe book contains 48 articles presented at the 11th International Conference on Cerebral Vasospasm held in Cincinnati, Ohio, USA, in July 2011. This collection of papers represents a cross-section of the enormous progress that has been made towards a thorough understanding and effective treatment of neurovascular events following aneurysmal subarachnoid hemorrhage, including cerebral vasospasm. It is of interest to clinicians who wish to apply state-of-the-art knowledge to their management of this devastating condition and to basic scientists wishing to expand their understanding of cerebrovascular and neural pathophysiology related to subarachnoid hemorrhage.
- Cerebral vasospasm 2008, Springer
- Changing aspects in stroke surgery 2008, Springer
- Clinical cardiac MRI 2012, Springer[1.] Cardiac MRI Physics / Vivek Muthurangu and Steven Dymarkowski -- [2.] MR Contrast Agents for Cardiac Imaging / Yicheng Ni -- [3.] Practical Set-Up / S. Dymarkowski -- [4.] Cardiac Anatomy / J. Bogaert and A. M. Taylor -- [5.] Cardiovascular MR Imaging Planes and Segmentation / A. M. Taylor and J. Bogaert -- [6.] Cardiac Function / J. Bogaert -- [7.] Myocardial Perfusion / J. Bogaert and K. Goetschalckx -- [8.] Ischemic Heart Disease / J. Bogaert and S. Dymarkowski --  Heart Muscle Diseases / J. Bogaert and A. M. Taylor -- [10.] Pulmonary Hypertension / Shahin Moledina and Vivek Muthurangu -- [11.] Heart Failure and Heart Transplantation / S. Dymarkowski and J. Bogaert -- [12.] Pericardial Disease / J. Bogaert and A. M. Taylor -- [13.] Cardiac Masses / J. Bogaert and S. Dymarkowski -- [14.] Valvular Heart Disease / Andrew M. Taylor, Steven Dymarkowski, and Jan Bogaert -- [15.] Coronary Artery Diseases / S. Dymarkowski, J. Bogaert, and A. M. Taylor -- [16.] Congenital Heart Disease / Marina L. Hughes, Vivek Muthurangu, and Andrew M. Taylor -- [17.] Imaging of Great Vessels / Oliver R. Tann, Jan Bogaert, Andrew M. Taylor, and Vivek Muthurangu -- [18.] MR Guided Cardiac Catheterization / Vivek Muthurangu and Andrew M. Taylor -- [19.] Cardiovascular Modeling / Giovanni Biglino, Silvia Schievano, Vivek Muthurangu, and Andrew Taylor -- [20.] General Conclusions / J. Bogaert, S. Dymarkowski, A. M. Taylor, and V. Muthurangu.
- Through case presentations and a question and answer format, Clinical Decisions in Nephrology, Hypertension and Renal Transplantation provides a state of the art, updated reference for the optimal management of patients with diseases of the kidneys, and hypertension. This volume starts with the assessment of the patient, focusing on history and physical examination. Subsequently, cases depicting various clinical syndromes and/or diseases are presented, with questions centering on the appropriate diagnostic and treatment strategy. This sets the stage for a 'Socratic approach' to learning between the attending physician and the house staff or medical student.This is the only book featuring problem-oriented true to life clinical cases in this format to cover nephrology, hypertension and kidney transplantation. Written by renowned actively practicing clinicians, this unique reference is both comprehensive and concise and will be of great value to hospitalists and internists, as well as students, and interns/residents rotating in nephrology and internal medicine. Clinical practitioners, in the fields of critical care and hypertension specialists would also find this of value.
- Clinical review of vascular trauma 2014, SpringerCare of the vascular trauma patient is a unique undertaking that requires a cohesive, multidisciplinary approach from all the surgical subspecialties to be successful. This is the first textbook of its kind to bring together all prominent management strategies from each of the surgical subspecialties, creating a unified voice on the management of the vascular trauma patient.? The purpose of the book is to serve as a practical surgical reference for the diagnosis and management of traumatic vascular injuries. Management of common vascular injuries is examined from a general, trauma, vascular, orthopaedic, plastics, cardiothoracic, and neurosurgical perspective by respected experts from each of these fields. Each section has been edited by specialists in the other relevant disciplines to ensure that every chapter represents an evidence-based assessment of all of the surgical subspecialties. Some essential topics include ideal choices of incision, endovascular versus open surgery, and the order in which to repair complex orthopedic and vascular injuries. Supplementing the clear and concise text are dozens of surgical photographs, illustrations, tables, and charts that assist in conveying complex concepts in vascular trauma management. Insights from the multidisciplinary panel of authors and editors help to simplify complex decision-making and streamline the overall care for critically ill patients. The Clinical Review of Vascular Trauma will be essential reading for any healthcare professional involved in care of the trauma patient.
- Clinician's manual-- treatment of hypertension. 3rd ed. 2011, SpringerA clinical manual on hypertension for primary care physicians. Serves as an up-to-date reference on hypertension for use in clinical practice. Includes dozens of clear and informative tables and figures to maximize comprehension. Addresses the most recentand crucial developments in a very common chronic condition. Gives a comprehensive review of currently available medications and combination therapy. Approximately one billion people worldwide are affected by hypertension. About 24% of the adult population in the US are hypertensive, and the number is expected to increase with the rising rates of obesity and diabetes. As hypertension affects so many and spans across varying ages, genders, ethnicities, and socioeconomic classes, all clinicians are likely to encounter patients with hypertension on regular basis. Hypertension is one of the major causes of cardiovascular diseases, and timely diagnosis and treatment are essential. The manual will give the reader a thorough overview of antihypertensive lifestyle modifications, first-line therapy, combination therapies, comorbid conditions, therapeutic challenges, and the latest trends in antihypertensive therapy. Pharmaceutical companies can use this clinician's manual as an excellent educational giveaway, as the booklet includes the latest clinical research results and treatment options for hypertension. The manual will give the reader a thorough overview of antihypertensive lifestyle modifications, first-line therapy, combination therapies, comorbid conditions, therapeutic challenges, and the latest trends in antihypertensive therapy. Pharmaceutical companies can use this clinician's manual as an excellent educational giveaway, as the booklet includes the latest clinical research results and treatment options for hypertension. The manual will give the reader a thorough overview of antihypertensive lifestyle modifications, first-line therapy, combination therapies, comorbid conditions, therapeutic challenges, and the latest trends in antihypertensive therapy. Pharmaceutical companies can use this clinician's manual as an excellent educational giveaway, as the booklet includes the latest clinical research results and treatment options for hypertension. Approximately one billion people worldwide are affected by hypertension. About 24% of the adult population in the US are hypertensive, and the number is expected to increase with the rising rates of obesity and diabetes. As hypertension affects so many and spans across varying ages, genders, ethnicities, and socioeconomic classes, all clinicians are likely to encounter patients with hypertension on regular basis. Hypertension is one of the major causes of cardiovascular diseases, and timely diagnosis and treatment are essential. The manual will give the reader a thorough overview of antihypertensive lifestyle modifications, first-line therapy, combination therapies, comorbid conditions, therapeutic challenges, and the latest trends in antihypertensive therapy. Pharmaceutical companies can use this clinician's manual as an excellent educational giveaway, as the booklet includes the latest clinical research results and treatment options for hypertension. The manual will give the reader a thorough overview of antihypertensive lifestyle modifications, first-line therapy, combination therapies, comorbid conditions, therapeutic challenges, and the latest trends in antihypertensive therapy. Pharmaceutical companies can use this clinician's manual as an excellent educational giveaway, as the booklet includes the latest clinical research results and treatment options for hypertension. The manual will give the reader a thorough overview of antihypertensive lifestyle modifications, first-line therapy, combination therapies, comorbid conditions, therapeutic challenges, and the latest trends in antihypertensive therapy. Pharmaceutical companies can use this clinician's manual as an excellent educational giveaway, as the booklet includes the latest clinical research results and treatment options for hypertension. Approximately one billion people worldwide are affected by hypertension. About 24% of the adult population in the US are hypertensive, and the number is expected to increase with the rising rates of obesity and diabetes. As hypertension affects so many and spans across varying ages, genders, ethnicities, and socioeconomic classes, all clinicians are likely to encounter patients with hypertension on regular basis. Hypertension is one of the major causes of cardiovascular diseases, and timely diagnosis and treatment are essential. The manual will give the reader a thorough overview of antihypertensive lifestyle modifications, first-line therapy, combination therapies, comorbid conditions, therapeutic challenges, and the latest trends in antihypertensive therapy. Pharmaceutical companies can use this clinician's manual as an excellent educational giveaway, as the booklet includes the latest clinical research results and treatment options for hypertension. The manual will give the reader a thorough overview of antihypertensive lifestyle modifications, first-line therapy, combination therapies, comorbid conditions, therapeutic challenges, and the latest trends in antihypertensive therapy. Pharmaceutical companies can use this clinician's manual as an excellent educational giveaway, as the booklet includes the latest clinical research results and treatment options for hypertension. The manual will give the reader a thorough overview of antihypertensive lifestyle modifications, first-line therapy, combination therapies, comorbid conditions, therapeutic challenges, and the latest trends in antihypertensive therapy. Pharmaceutical companies can use this clinician's manual as an excellent educational giveaway, as the booklet includes the latest clinical research results and treatment options for hypertension.
- Collateral circulation of the heart 2009, Springer
- Combination therapy in hypertension 2011, SpringerFor over 30 years, the stepped care approach has been used in the management and treatment of hypertension. This approach advocates the use of initial monotherapy to reach the desired blood pressure, and the subsequent use of additional drugs with complementary modes of action, until the target BP is achieved. However, current control rates for hypertension suggest that such an approach may be outdated and no longer effective in the management of hypertension. Clinical trials have shown that more than 50% of patients require a combination of drug therapies to achieve their target BP. Some proponents of combination therapy have argued that the risk of adverse side effects and non-compliance will be lower than that compared to monotherapy, which initially requires higher doses to be administered to be effective. Consequently, there have been increasing calls of the necessity for a much more combined approach in the treatment of hypertension. Adding to this, Combination Therapy in Hypertension will cover current control rates of blood pressure worldwide, the benefits of monotherapy and combination therapy, examine the effectiveness, risk of adverse effects, compliance, and cost of the available therapies and will also include information on relevant outcome studies.
- Complications in vascular surgery. 2nd ed., rev. & expanded. 2004, CRCnetBASE
- Comprehensive hypertension 2007, ClinicalKey1. A Short History of the Study of Hypertension -- 2. Blood Pressure in Westernized and Isolated Populations -- 3. Regional Differences in Blood Pressure in Developed Countries -- 4. Early-Life Influences on Blood Pressure -- 5. Blood Pressure and the Risks of Cardiovascular Disease and Stroke -- 6. Lifestyle and Blood Pressure -- 7. Dietary Fats and Blood Pressure --8. Effects of Dietary Patterns -- 9. Renovascular Hypertension: Pathophysiology and Evaluation of Renal Function -- 10. Left Ventricular Physiology and Pathophysiology in Hypertension --11. Hemodynamics of Hypertension --12. The Arterial System in Human Hypertension -- 13. Resistance Vessels in Hypertension -- 14. The Endothelium in Hypertension: Assessment and Clinical Aspects of Micro- and Macrovascular Function -- 15. Vascular Remodeling and Rarefaction in Hypertension -- 16. The RhoA/Rho-Kinase Signaling Pathway in Vascular Smooth Muscle Contraction: Biochemistry, Physiology, and Pharmacology -- 17. Matrix Metalloproteinases and the Extracellular Matrix -- 18. Cell Membranes (Blood Cell and Platelet Membranes in Human Essential Hypertension) -- 19. Arterial and Venous Function in Hypertension -- 20. Sodium Pumps -- 21. Platelet and Coagulation Abnormalities -- 22. Role of Cytokines and Inflammation in Hypertension -- 23. Role of the Kidney in Hypertension -- 24. The Baroreflex in the Pathogenesis of Hypertension -- 25. Central Nervous System Control of Blood Pressure -- 26. Aldosterone and Other Steroids -- 27. The Renin-Angiotensin System in the Pathophysiology of Essential Hypertension -- 28. The Endothelin System -- 29. Nitric Oxide -- 30. Reactive Oxygen Species, Oxidative Stress, and Vascular Biology in Hypertension -- 31. Natriuretic Peptides -- 32. Other Peptide and Related Systems including Substance P, Calcitonin Gene-Related Peptide, and Serotonin -- 33. Multiple Roles of Eicosanoids in Blood Pressure Regulation -- 34. Role of Sex Steroids in Hypertension -- 35. Genetic Approaches to Hypertension: Relevance to Human Hypertension -- 36. Monogenic Forms of Human Hypertension -- 37. Therapeutic Potential of Systemic Gene Transfer Strategy for Hypertension and Cardiovascular Disease -- 38. Pathophysiology of Obesity-Induced Hypertension and Target Organ Damage -- 39. Exercise and Hypertension -- 40. Electrolyte Intake and Human Hypertension -- 41. Alcohol Intake and Blood Pressure -- 42. Psychosocial Stress and Hypertension -- 43. Overview of Assessment and Investigation of Hypertension: A Pragmatic Practical Approach -- 44. Blood Pressure Measurement -- 45. Out-of-Office Blood Pressure Monitoring -- 46. Cardiologic Investigation of the Hypertensive Patient -- 47. The Effects of Hypertension on the Structure of Human Resistance Vessels -- 48. The Brain in Hypertension -- 49. Kidney Disease and Hypertension -- 50. Hypertensive Heart Disease --51. The Eye in Hypertension -- 52. Hypertension in Children and Adolescents -- 53. Hypertension in the Elderly -- 54. Hypertension in Pregnancy -- 55. Insulin Resistance and Diabetes in Hypertension -- 56. Hypertension in Renal Failure -- 57. Hypertension in Racial and Ethnic Minorities -- 58. Hyperadrenergic and Labile Hypertension -- 59. Resistant Hypertension -- 60. Perioperative Hypertension: Preparing the Hypertensive Patient for Anesthesia for Surgery -- 61. Hypertension in the Context of Acute Myocardial Infarction and Percutaneous Coronary Interventions -- 62. Hypertension in Patients with Concomitant Cardiac Disorders -- 63. Hypertensive Urgencies and Emergencies -- 64. Renovascular Hypertension -- 65. Proteinuria -- 66. Renin-Secreting Tumors and Other Renin-Secreting States -- 67. Primary Hyperaldosteronism and Other Forms of Mineralocorticoid Hypertension -- 68. Glucocorticoid Hypertension -- 69. Cushing's Syndrome and Human Glucocorticoid Hypertension -- 70. Oral Contraceptives, Hormone Replacement Therapy, and Hypertension -- 71. Drug-Induced Hypertension -- 72. Catecholamines, Pheochromocytoma, and Hypertension: Genomic Insights -- 73. Nonadrenal Endocrine Hypertension -- 74. Coarctation of the Aorta -- 75. Hypertension Due to Central Nervous System Dysfunction -- 76. Sleep Apnea and Hypertension -- 77. Diuretics -- 78. Beta Blockers in Hypertension -- 79. Calcium Antagonists -- 80. Angiotensin-Converting Enzyme Inhibitors -- 81. Angiotensin II Receptor Blockers -- 82. Alpha Adrenoreceptor Antagonists -- 83. Centrally Acting Agents -- 84. Vasodilators -- 85. Novel Drug Treatments for Hypertension -- 86. Fixed Low-Dose Antihypertensive Therapy -- 87. Interactions Between Antihypertensive Drugs and Other Medications -- 88. Lipid-Lowering Therapy -- 89. Antithrombotic Therapy in Hypertension -- 90. Control of Blood Glucose and Insulin Resistance -- 91. Target Blood Pressure in Hypertension Treatment: The J-shaped Curve Controversy -- 92. Adherence, Quality of Life, Cost Effectiveness, and the Role of the Pharmacist -- 93. Nonpharmacologic Management of Hypertension -- 94. Multidisciplinary Management of Hypertension and the Role of the Nurse -- 95. World Health Organization/International Society of Hypertension (WHO/ISH): Hypertension Guidelines and Statements -- 96. Treatment Guidelines: The United States JNC7 -- 97. The 2003 Guidelines for the Management of Hypertension of the European Society of Hypertension and European Society of Cardiology -- 98. Treatment Guidelines: The Developing World.
- Continuum of coronary artery disease 2002, HighWire
- Coronary microvascular dysfunction 2014, SpringerIn the past two decades a number of studies have shown that abnormalities in the function and structure of coronary microcirculation can be detected in several cardiovascular diseases. On the basis of the clinical setting in which it occurs, coronary microvascular dysfunction (CMD) can be classified into four types: CMD in the absence of any other cardiac disease; CMD in myocardial diseases; CMD in obstructive epicardial coronary artery disease; and iatrogenic CMD. In some instances CMD represents an epiphenomenon, whereas in others it represents an important marker of risk or may contribute to the pathogenesis of myocardial ischemia, becoming a possible therapeutic target. This book provides an update on coronary physiology and a systematic assessment of microvascular abnormalities in cardiovascular diseases, in the hope that it will assist clinicians in prevention, detection, and management of CMD in their everyday activity.
- Coronary vasculature 2013, SpringerGeneral concepts of blood vessel formation and remodeling -- Prenatal coronary Morphogenesis -- Postnatal coronary morphogenesis and growth -- Sturcture function of the coronary hierarchy -- Historical perspectives -- Coronary anomalies -- Aging -- Adaptations to exercise training -- Hypoxia -- Myocardial ischemia and infarction -- Cardiac hypertrophy -- Therapy for the coronary circulation.
- Goals, design, and implementation of critical pathways in cardiovascular medicine /Christopher P. Cannon and Patrick O'Gara --Part I. --Prehospital critical pathways --Prehospital fibrinolysis /Freek W.A. Verheught --Regional transfer programs for primary PCI /David M. Larson and Timothy D. Henry --Public access defibrillation /Joseph P. Ornato --Part II. --Critical pathways in the emergency department --Non-ST elevation ACS in the emergency department /Richard J. Ryan, Christopher P. Cannon, and W. Brian Gibler --Thrombolysis for ST-elevation mi in the emergency department /Joshua M. Kosowsky --Heart failure in the emergency department /W. Frank Peacock --Atrial fibrillation in the emergency department /Ray Bahr --Stroke and TIA /Lee Schwamm --The Role of exercise testing in chest pain units: evolution, application, results /Ezra A. Amsterdam, Deborah B. Diercks, and Samuel D. Turnipseed --Part III --Critical pathways in the hospital --Critical pathway for non-ST elevation ACS /Christopher P. Cannon and Patrick T. O'Gara --Primary PCI /Amr E. Abbas and Cindy L. Grines --Primary PCI at community hospitals without on-site cardiac surgery /Nancy Sinclair and Thomas P. Wharton, Jr. --Approach to the patient with complicated myocardial infarction /Richard C. Becker --Cardiac catheterization and percuraneous coronary intervention /Jeffrey J. Popma --Pathways for coronary artery bypass surgery /Rashid M. Ahmad, Frances Wadlington, Tiffany Street, James P. Greelish, Jorge M. Balaguer, and John G. Byrne --Acute aortic syndromes /Piotr Sobieszcyk and Patrick O'Gara --Intensive management of hyperglycemia in ACS /Vera T. Fajtova --Management of atrial fibrillation and atrial flutter /Eyal Herzog and Jonathan S. Steinberg --Heart failure /Greg Fonarow --Device therapy in patients with heart failure /Peter J. Zimetbaum and Eli V. Gelfand --Venous thromboembolism /Samuel Z. Goldhaber --Part IV. --Critical pathways in the outpatient setting /--Hyperlipidemia /Frederick F. Samaha and Daniel J. Rader --Diabetes and metabolic syndrome /Emily Deborah Szmuilowicz and Merri Pendergrass --Hypertension /Michael A. Weber --Smoking cessation /Beth C. Bock --Secondary prevention overview /Sidney Smith --Overview of the AHA "get with the guidelines" programs /Yuling Hong, Kenneth A. LaBresh --Cardiac rehabilitation in the post myocardial infarction patient /Daniel E. Forman.
- CT and MR angiography 2009, OvidPrinciples of computed tomographic angiography -- Principles of magnetic resonance angiography -- Conventional angiography in the noninvasive era -- Contrast medium administration in computed tomographic angiography -- Contrast medium administration in magnetic resonance angiography -- Postprocessing and data analysis -- Atherosclerosis : epidemiology and pathology -- Atherosclerosis : in vivo characterization -- Thromboembolism -- Vasculitides and connective tissue disorders -- Cerebral arteries and veins -- Cervical vasculature -- Quantifying coronary artery calcium -- Coronary arteries -- Thoracic vascular anomalies -- Pulmonary vasculature -- Thoracic aorta -- Abdominal aorta -- Mesenteric vasculature -- Renal vasculature -- Lower extremities vasculature -- Upper extremities vasculature -- Pediatric techniques and vascular anomalies -- Venous system.
- Diabetes and hypertension 2012, SpringerDiabetes and hypertension have evolved as two of the modern day epidemics affecting millions of people around the world. These two common co-morbidities lead to substantial increase in cardiovascular disease, the major cause of morbidity and mortality of adults around the world. In Diabetes and Hypertension: Evaluation and Management, a panel of renowned experts address a range of critical topics -- from basic concepts in evaluation and management of diabetes and hypertension, such as dietary interventions, to evaluation and management of secondary hypertension in clinical practice. Other chapters focus on high cardiovascular risk populations such as those with coronary heart disease, chronic kidney disease and minority patients. In addition, evolving concepts and new developments in the field are presented in other chapters, such as prevention of type 2 diabetes and the epidemic of sleep apnea and its implication for diabetes and hypertension evaluation and management. An important title covering two of the most troubling disorders of our time, Diabetes and Hypertension: Evaluation and Management will provide the busy practitioner with cutting edge knowledge in the field as well as practical information that can translate into better care provided to the high-risk population of diabetics and hypertensive patients.
- Diabetes and peripheral vascular disease 2012, SpringerIn Diabetes and Peripheral Vascular Disease, a panel of distinguished leaders in the field of medicine, podiatry, and vascular and endovascular therapy assimilate the latest literature on these issues and others for an in-depth review of the management of peripheral vascular disease. Providing an overview of the management of diabetes and diabetic foot changes as well as providing a view of cutting-edge and emerging topics in optimization of arterial status, this important title addresses pathophysiology, anatomy, diagnosis and management of diabetic peripheral vascular disease, emphasizing a multi-disciplinary approach. The first chapter of the book provides an overview of this complex disease process and discusses the teamwork required for optimal management. The chapters continue with the basic pathophysiology of diabetic atherosclerosis and a contemporary review of the management of diabetes. The genesis of diabetic foot ulceration and prevention and management strategies is covered, as is the effects of neuropathy and microvascular changes in the diabetic foot. In addition, Diabetes and Peripheral Vascular Disease covers the microbiology of diabetic foot infections, the role of endovascular interventions and vascular surgery as well as the management of the complications of these procedures, the process of amputation for those patients who have progressed beyond a limb salvage situation, and the effects of diabetes on the cerebrovascular system as well as its implications in patients with aortoiliac disease. An invaluable addition to the literature on diabetes and peripheral vascular disease, the book will be of great interest internists, family practitioners, surgeons, podiatrists, wound care specialists, and vascular specialists. Students, residents, and fellows in surgical and medical specialties should also find this book of significant value and interest.
- Endovascular repair of dialysis fistulas and grafts: strengths and weaknesses --Role of the nephrologist, interventional radiologist, and vascular access in the treatment of end-Stage renal disease --Access creation strategy --Natural history of vascular access --Radiological anatomy and preoperative imaging of upper limb vessels --Indications and imaging modalities in dialysis access --Psychological and clinical issues --Patient preparation prior to angiography and endovascular interventions --Angiography (Fistulography) --Dilation and stent placement --Hand ischemia --Treatment of thrombosed accesses --Therapeutic occlusion of dysfunctional accesses --Complications during and after vascular access endovascular procedures --Vascular access intervention outcomes.
- Dietary proteins and atherosclerosis 2004, CRCnetBASE
- Drug-eluting stents 2012, Future MedDrug-eluting stents / Imad Sheiban & Fabrizio D'Ascenzo -- Drug-eluting stents : overview and indications / Fabrizio D'Ascenzo & Imad Sheiban -- Coronary artery stents : approved first-generation drug-eluting stents / Jason R. Foerst, Frank Gruenheck, Malte Kelm & Marc Vorpahl -- Approved drug-eluting stents : second generation / Giampaolo Niccoli & Gregory A. Sgueglia -- Drug-eluting stents in development / Joanne Shannon & Azeem Latib -- Current guidelines for the use of drug-eluting stents / Gill Louise Buchanan & Alaide Chieffo -- Index.
- Drugs for the heart. 8th ed. 2013, ClinicalKey[Beta]-blocking agents / Lionel H. Opie -- Nitrates and newer antianginals / Lionel H. Opie, John D. Horowitz -- Calcium channel blockers / Lionel H. Opie -- Diuretics / Lionel H. Opie, Ronald G. Victor, Norman M. Kaplan -- Inhibitors of the renin-angiotensin-aldosterone system / Lionel H. Opie, Marc A. Pfeffer -- Heart failure / John R. Teerlink, Karen Sliwa, Lionel H. Opie -- Antihypertensive therapies / Lional H. Opie ... [et al.] -- Antiarrhythmic drugs and strategies / Stanley Nattel, Bernard J. Gersh, Lionel H. Opie -- Antithrombotic agents : platelet inhibitors, acute anticoagulants, fibrinolytics, and chronic anticoagulants / Keith A.A. Fox ... [et al.] -- Lipid-modifying and antiatherosclerotic drugs / Antonio M. Gotto Jr., Lionel H. Opie -- Metabolic syndrome, hyperglycemia, and type-2 diabetes / Lionel H. Opie, Juris Meier, John M. Miles -- Which therapy for which condition? / Bernard J. Gersh, Lionel H. Opie.
- EDHF 2006, CRCnetBASE
- Embolisation 2012, Springer
- Embolization 2014, SpringerInnovations in catheterization techniques and embolization agents have considerably contributed to the development of endovascular occlusion techniques in arterial and venous trunks as much as distal parenchymal capillar beds. Mini invasive therapies, endovascular embolization and chemo-embolization now constitute valuable therapeutic alternatives in various fields: on a purely palliative or on a curative basis in oncology, but also in traumatology, functional diseases, and for the treatment of benign tumors, or when dealing with post-operative complications. As in-depth and detailed descriptions of these techniques are all ready available in specialized books, our ambition is to provide a basic handbook for the young vascular radiologists in training and a checklist for the more experienced interventional radiologists, by providing for each of the constantly increasing indications a synthetic approach of the technique and its expected results. The first part of this book relates to the tool box (the materials) and the procedure techniques as well as the physiopathological requirements for carrying out embolization; the second part is an analytical description of the main situations and anatomo-clinical strategies. This handy book should to be a valuable memory aid for clinicians and interventional radiologists, readily available in the multidisciplinary staff rooms and in angiography suites.
- Emergency vascular surgery 2007, Springer
- Endovascular aneurysm repair 2005, Springer
- Endovascular interventions 2014, SpringerPart I: Basic MRI Principles.- A Brief History of Magnetic Resonance Imaging -- Fundamentals of Magnetic Resonance Imaging -- The Relaxation Concept in MRI -- MRI Pulse Sequences -- MR Imaging Parameters and Options -- Part II: MR Safety, Patient Positioning, Protocol Design, Graphical Prescription and MR Applications for Anatomical Regions.- Introduction to Safe Clinical Scanning -- Central Nervous System: MRI Protocols, Imaging Parameters and Graphical Prescriptions -- Musculoskeletal Imaging: MRI Protocols, Imaging Parameters and Graphical Prescriptions -- Body Imaging: MRI Protocols, Imaging Parameters and Graphical Prescriptions -- Cardiovascular Imaging: MRI Protocols, Imaging Parameters and Graphical Prescriptions -- Breast Imaging: MRI Protocols, Imaging Parameters and Graphical Prescriptions.
- Enemies of the myocytes 2002, HighWire
- Enemies to the vessel wall 2002, HighWire
- ESC guidelines desk reference. Ed. 2011. 2011, SpringerCardiovascular Disease Prevention in Clinical Practice 2007 Fourth Joint European Societies' Task Force on Cardiovascular Disease Prevention in Clinical Practice -- -- Arterial Hypertension 2007 ESH-ESC Task Force on the Management of Arterial Hypertension of the European Society of Hypertension (ESH) and of the European Society of Cardiology (ESC) -- Diabetes, Pre-diabetes and Cardiovascular Diseases 2007 The Task Force on Diabetes and Cardiovascular Diseases of the European Society of Cardiology (ESC) and of the European Association for the Study of Diabetes (EASD) -- Non-ST-segment Elevation Acute Coronary Syndromes 2007 The Task Force for the Diagnosis and Treatment of Non-ST-Segment Elevation Acute Coronary Syndromes of the European Society of Cardiology -- AMI in Patients Presenting with Persistent ST-Segment Elevation 2008 The Task Force on the Management of ST-Segment Elevation Acute Myocardial Infarction of the European Society of Cardiology -- Stable Angina Pectoris 2006 The Task Force on the Management of Stable Angina Pectoris of the European Society of Cardiology -- Myocardial Revascularisation 2011 Joint Task Force on Myocardial Revascularisation of the European Society of Cardiology (ESC) and the European Association of Cardio-Thoracic Surgery (EACTS). Developed with the special contribution of the European Association for Percutaneous Cardiovascular Interventions (EAPCI) -- Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy 2003 The Task Force on Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy of the American College of Cardiology Foundation and the European Society of Cardiology Committee for Practice Guidelines -- Pericardial Diseases 2004 The Task Force on the Diagnosis and Management of Pericardial Disease of the European Society of Cardiology -- Grown-up congenital heart disease 2011 The Task Force on the Management of Grown-up Congenital Heart Disease of the European Society of Cardiology (ESC). Endorsed by Association for European Paediatric Cardiology (AEPC) -- Neonatal Electrocardiogram 2002 The Task Force for the interpretation of the Neonatal Electrocardiogram of the European Society of Cardiology -- Cardiovascular Disease during Pregnancy 2003 The Task Force on the Management of Cardiovascular Diseases during Pregnancy of the European Society of Cardiology -- Valvular Heart Disease 2007 The Task Force on the Management of Valvular Heart Disease of the European Society of Cardiology -- Infective Endocarditis 2009 The Task Force on the Prevention, Diagnosis and Treatment of Infective Endocarditis of the European Society of Cardiology (ESC), endorsed by the European Society of Clinical Microbiology, Infectious Diseases (ESCMID) and by the International Society of Chemotherapy (ISC) for Infection and Cancer -- Pulmonary Hypertension 2009 The Task Force for the Diagnosis and Treatment of Pulmonary Hypertension of the European Society of Cardiology (ESC) and the European Respiratory Society (ERS), endorsed by the International Society of Heart and Lung Transplantation (ISHLT) and by the Association for European Paediatric Cardiology (AEPC) -- Supraventricular Arrhythmias (SVA) 2003 A Report of the American College of Cardiology/American Heart Association Task Force on Practice Guidelines and the European Society of Cardiology Committee for Practice Guidelines (Writing Committee to Develop Guidelines for the Management of Patients with Supraventricular Arrhythmias) -- Atrial Fibrillation 2010 The Task Force for the Management of Patients with Atrial Fibrillation (2010 Version) of the European Society of Cardiology (ESC) Developed with the special contribution of the European Heart Rhythm Association Endorsed by the European Association for Cardio-Thoracic Surgery (EACTS) -- Syncope 2009 The Task Force for the Diagnosis and Treatment of Syncope of the European Society of Cardiology (ESC) Developed in collaboration with the European Heart Rhythm Association (EHRA)¹, the Heart Failure Association (HFA)² and the Heart Rhythm Society (HRS)³ Endorsed by the following societies: European Society of Emergency Medicine (EuSEM)⁴, European Federation of Internal Medicine (EFIM)⁵, European Union Geriatric Medicine Society (EUGMS)⁶, American Geriatrics Society (AGS), European Neurological Society (ENS)⁷, American Autonomic Society (AAS)⁸, European Federation of Autonomic Societies (EFAS)⁹ -- Ventricular Arrhythmias and the Prevention of Sudden Cardiac Death 2006 A Report of the American College of Cardiology/American Heart Association Task Force and the European Society of Cardiology Committee for Practice Guidelines (Writing Committee to Develop Guidelines for the Management of Patients With Ventricular Arrhythmias and the Prevention of Sudden Cardiac Death) Developed in Collaboration With the European Heart Rhythm Association and the Heart Rhythm Society -- Cardiac Pacing and Cardiac Resynchronization Therapy 2007 ESC Task Force on Cardiac Pacing and Cardiac Resynchronization Therapy Developed in collaboration with the European Heart Rhythm Association -- Universal Definition of Myocardial Infarction 2007 The joint ESC-ACCF-AHA-WHF Task Force for the Redefinition of Myocardial Infarction -- Acute and Chronic Heart Failure 2008 The Task Force on Heart Failure of the European Society of Cardiology (ESC) Developed in collaboration with the Heart Failure Association of the ESC (HFA) -- Device Therapy in Heart Failure 2011 The Task Force for an update of the 2008 ESC Guidelines for the diagnosis and treatment of acute and chronic heart failure and the 2007 ESC Guidelines for cardiac resynchronization therapy. Developed with the special contribution of the Heart Failure Association (HFA) and the European Heart Rhythm Association (EHRA) of the ESC -- Preoperative Cardiac Risk Assessment and Perioperative Cardiac Management in Non-Cardiac Surgery 2009 The Task Force for Preoperative Cardiac Risk Assessment and Perioperative Cardiac Management in Non-Cardiac Surgery of the European Society of Cardiology (ESC), endorsed by the European Society of Anaesthesiology (ESA).
- Essential guide to blood coagulation. 2nd ed. 2013, WileySchematic presentation of the hemostatic system / Nils Egberg -- Proposals for sampling instructions / Margareta Blombäck and Nils Egberg -- Laboratory investigations / Jovan P. Antovic, Liselotte Onelöv, and Nils Egberg -- Hereditary bleeding disorders / Margareta Holmström and Lars-Göran Lundberg -- Critical bleeding / Maria Bruzelius, Anna Ågren, and Hans Johnsson -- Investigation of increased bleeding tendency / Margareta Holmström and Lars Göran Lundberg -- Venous thrombosis and pulmonary embolism / Anders Carlsson -- Investigations of thromboembolic tendency / Margareta Holmström -- Heart disease / Håkan Wallen and Rickard Linder -- Antiplatelet drug therapy and reversal of its effects / Håkan Wallen, Hans Johnsson, and Bo-Michael Bellander -- New oral anticoagulants : focus on currently approved oral factor Xa and thombin inhibitors / Rickard E. Malmström and Hans Johnsson -- Stroke and transient ischemic attack / Nils Wahlgren and Mia von Euler -- Peripheral artery surgery / Jesper Swedenborg -- Hemostasis in obstetrics and gynecology / Katarina Bremme -- Hemostasis in children / Susanna Ranta and Pia Petrini -- Emergency conditions associated with coagulation : DIC, HIT, and TTP/HUS / Jovan P. Antovic and Margareta Holmström.
- Evidence and perspectives on n-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids in cardiovascular disease 2001, HighWire
- Gender and recovery from coronary artery bypass surgery 2009, Springer
- Genes and cardiovascular function 2011, Springerpt. 1. Genes and the heart -- pt. 2. Development and gender -- pt. 3. Mitochondrial diseases -- pt. 4. Ischemic heart disease -- pt. 5. Hypertension and arrhythmias -- pt. 6. Hypertrophy and failure.
- Genetic cardiomyopathies 2013, Springer
- Guide to peripheral and cerebrovascular intervention 2004, NCBI Bookshelf
- Fully revised and updated, the Handbook serves as a practical guide to endovascular methods and as a concise reference for neurovascular anatomy and published data about cerebrovascular disease from a neurointerventionalist's perspective. Divided into three parts, the book covers:* Fundamentals of neurovascular anatomy and basic angiographic techniques; * Interventional Techniques and endovascular methods, along with useful device information and tips and tricks for daily practice; * Specific Disease States, with essential clinical information about commonly encountered conditions.New features in the 2nd Edition include:* Global Gems that illuminate aspects of the field outside the United States;* Angio-anatomic and angio-pathologic image correlates;* Newly released clinical study results influencing neurointerventional practice;* Information on emerging technologies in this rapidly advancing field.The Handbook is a vital resource for all clinicians involved in neurointerventional practice, including radiologists, neurosurgeons, neurologists, cardiologists, and vascular surgeons.
- Adrenomedullin in cardiovascular disease — Handbook of cerebrovascular disease and neurointerventional technique. 2nd ed. (100)
- Handbook of endovascular interventions — Signal transduction in the cardiovascular system in health and disease (100)
- Special issues in hypertension — White matter injury in stroke and CNS disease (41)
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- AAP Red Book Online
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Sabiston Textbook of Surgery
- Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics
- Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics
- Mandell, Douglas, & Bennett's Principles & Practice of Infectious Diseases
- Red Book Online
- ICU Book
- Primary Care Medicine
- Campbell-Walsh Urology
Shortcut to Licensed Content
Bookmark on other websites
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Links” (IE7) or “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
- Once installed it will look like this
- Click "Bookmark on Lane" to bookmark any webpage
- Your saved bookmark will appear on this page
What is it?
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) gives you access to resources licensed by the library even when you're not coming from a Lane or a Stanford IP address.
While we'd like Lane to be your gateway to our licensed content, we recognize that links to books, articles and journals come from a variety of different sources (Google, your email, RSS reader, etc.).
When installed, it will look your browser bookmark.
At the page you would like to proxy, click the "Lane Gateway to Licensed Content" to invoke it.
If Lane licenses that content, you'll get access as if you were on campus.
How does it work?
This allows you to view the URL as though you were on campus, giving you access to materials licensed for use by the Stanford academic community.
If you're not authenticated, you'll be prompted for your SUNetID and password.
Don't see the Toolbar, Bookmarks, or Links or Favorites bar?
From the "View" menu, select "Toolbars" & choose "Bookmarks Toolbar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Show Bookmarks Bar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Always Show Bookmarks Bar"
- Right-click in a clear area near the browser address bar
- In the menu, check a box next "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites Bar" (IE8, IE9)
- Managing IE Favorites
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) only works with resources Lane has licensed and configured to work with our proxy server.
If invoked on a resource we do not license and/or have not yet configured, you will see an error message:
The Lane proxy server cannot complete your request because this host has not been configured properly.
We make no attempt to configure our proxy server for every resource, only those we license and for which a Stanford IP address grants access.
Drag this button onto your browser toolbar to install.
- Right click this button
- Select "Add to Favorites", click "Continue" if you see a security alert
- In "Create in" menu, select "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites Bar" (IE8, IE9) to install
Drag this button onto Safari Bookmarks bar to install.
- Springer Protocols
- MD Consult
- Lange Series
- National Academy Press
- NCBI Bookshelf
- Thieme Atlases