Books by Subject
- Active surveillance for localized prostate cancer : a new paradigm for clinical management — Imaging in oncological urology (100)
- Imaging of urinary tract diverticula — Prostate cancer-- a patient's guide (100)
- Prostate cancer diagnosis : PSA, biopsy and beyond — Vaginal surgery for the urologist. 1st ed. (95)
- 2012 SpringerLaurence Klotz, editor.
- 2015 WileyChristopher Woodhouse.Adolescent and transitional urology : an introduction -- Anatomical and cystic anomalies -- Stones -- Prune-belly syndrome -- Renal function in adolescents -- Structural anomalies and reconstruction of the ureter -- Vesico-ureteric reflux -- The neuropathic bladder and spina bifida -- Lower urinary tract replacement and reconstruction -- Urinary diversion and undiversion -- Other bladder conditions -- Exstrophy and epispadias -- Cloacal exstrophy -- Posterior urethral valves -- Hypospadias -- Scrotal abnormalities -- The overvirilized female -- The undervirilized male -- Adolescent sexuality and counseling -- Neoplastic disease : outcomes in survivors.
- 2002 Ovideditors, Jay Y. Gillenwater ... [et al.].Also available: Print – v. 1-3, 2002.
- 2006 Springeredited by Stephen Y. Nakada and Margaret S. Pearle.
- 2006 SpringerJovitas Skucas.
- 2014 SpringerS.B. Brandes, A.F. Morey, editors ; foreword by Guido Barbagli.Since the publication of the first edition of Urethral Reconstructive Surgery, important refinements have been added to the urologic surgical armamentarium. Extensively revised and updated, Advanced Male Urethral and Genital Reconstructive Surgery, Second Edition guides urologists in a practical manner on how to evaluate and manage complex urethral and male genital reconstructive challenges. Chapters have been added on wound healing, synchronous urethral strictures, non-transecting anastomotic urethroplasty (including muscle and vessel sparing), overlapping buccal grafts, male urethral slings, genital skin grafting, Peyronies surgery, priapism, pediatric strictures, and prosthetics. Such chapters greatly strengthen the overall appeal of the book. The volume closes with a new comprehensive appendix of preferred instruments. With broad contributions by international authorities in reconstructiveurologic surgery, Advanced Male Urethral and Genital Reconstructive Surgery, Second Edition is a valuable resource for all urologists, from residents to reconstructive surgeons.
- 2015 SpringerJoseph C. Liao, Li-Ming Su, editors.This book provides an overview of the current state-of-art in combining advances in biomedical imaging with intraoperative navigation and preoperative planning for urologic surgery. These advances hold great promise in improving diagnostic and therapeutic urologic interventions to improve patient outcomes. Leading experts in this exciting emerging field covers early clinical and pre-clinical applications of optical, ultrasound, cross-sectional, and computer-assisted imaging in urologic surgery. Advances in Image-Guided Urologic Surgery provides a unique and valuable resource for audience with clinical and research interest in minimally invasive surgery, endourology, urologic oncology, imaging, and biomedical engineering.
- 2014 SpringerVincent Di Marino, Hubert Lepidi."This eagerly awaited book offers a unique, comprehensive scientific study of the anatomy of the organ of female sexual pleasure. The authors use macroscopic and microscopic research to guide the reader from the glans, the visible part of the clitoris, where they explore the impressive sensory corpuscles, to the hidden roots of the bulbo-clitoral organ. They show its complexity, its exact location within the external genitalia and its intimate relationship with the urethro-vaginal pyramid. They also remind us that throughout history there has been a failure to understand this organ, and explain that this misunderstanding remains the cause of persistent excisions, criminal mutilating practices that have not yet been eradicated. Using extensive iconography, they demonstrate throughout this book that the bulbo-clitoral organ is an exceptional natural treasure that every woman possesses and that every man should know well."--Publisher's website.
- 2009 SpringerDonald Tindall, James Mohler, editors.Androgen action and modulation of prostate and prostate cancer growth : an historical perspective / Shutsung Liao ... [et al.] -- Clinical progression to castration-recurrent prostate cancer / Mark Pomerantz and Philip Kantoff -- Differential roles of androgen receptor in prostate development and cancer progression / Shuyuan Yeh ... [et al.] -- Imaging androgen receptor function in vivo / Michael Carey and Lily Wu -- Increased expression of genes converting adrenal androgens to testosterone in castration-recurrent prostate cancer / Steven P. Balk -- Androgen-metabolic genes in prostate cancer predisposition and progression / Juergen K.V. Reichardt and Ann W. Hsing -- Effect of steroid 5[alpha]-reductase inhibitors on markers of tumor regression and proliferation in prostate cancer / Lynn N. Thomas and Roger S. Rittmaster -- 5[alpha]-reductase isozymes in castration-recurrent prostate cancer / Mark A. Titus and James L. Mohler -- Improving intermittent androgen-deprivation therapy : OFF cycle and the role of steroid 5[alpha]-reductase inhibitors / Shubham Gupta, Daniel Shevrin, and Zhou Wang -- Insights from AR gene mutations / Grant Buchanan ... [et al.] -- Functional motifs of the androgen receptor / Elizabeth M. Wilson -- The role of the androgen receptor polyglutamine tract in prostate cancer : in mice and men / Diane M. Robbins -- The androgen receptor coactivator-binding interface / Eva Estébanez-Perpiñá and Robert J. Fletterick -- Co-regulators and the regulation of androgen receptor action in prostate cancer / Irina U. Agoulnik and Nancy L. Weigel -- Androgen receptor coregulators and their role in prostate cancer / Latif A. Wafa, Robert Snoek, and Paul S. Rennie -- Interaction of the androgen receptor ligand-binding domain with the n-terminal domain and with coactivators / Jan Trapman -- Multitasking and interplay between the androgen receptor domains / F.Claessens, T. Tanner, and A. Haelens -- Chromatin remodeling and androgen receptor-mediated transcription / Li Jia ... [et al.] -- Ligand-independent androgen receptor activity / Scott M. Dehm and Donald J. Tindall -- Role of IL-6 in regulating the androgen receptor / Zoran Culig and Alfred Hobisch -- The role of cyclic AMP in regulating the androgen receptor / Marianne D. Sadar -- Cellular and molecular signatures of androgen ablation of prostate cancer / Clifford G. Tepper and Hsing-Jien Kung -- Tissue levels of androgens in castration-recurrent prostate cancer / James L. Mohler and Mark A. Titus -- Unique effects of wnt signaling on prostate cancer cells : modulation of the androgen signaling pathway by interactions of the androgen receptor gene and protein with key components of the canonical wnt signaling pathway / Matthew J. Tanner ... [et al.] -- The role of foxa proteins in the regulation of androgen receptor activity / David J. DeGraff ... [et al.] -- Androgen receptor as a licensing factor for DNA replication / Donald J. Vander Griend and John T. Isaacs -- Androgen-regulated genes in the prostate / Nigel Clegg and Peter S. Nelson -- Mapping the androgen receptor cistrome / Qianben Wang and Myles Brown -- Differential regulation of clusterin isoforms by the androgen receptor Tanya K. Day, Colleen C. Nelson, and Martin E. Gleave -- Androgen regulation of prostate cancer gene fusions / Rou Wang, Scott A. Tomlins, and Arul M. Chinnaiyan -- Androgens and the lipogenic switch in prostate cancer / Johannes V. Swinnen ... [et al.] -- Molecular biology of novel targets identified through study of castration-recurrent prostate cancer / Philip A. Watson and Charles L. Sawyers -- Selenium and androgen receptor in prostate cancer / Nagalakshmi Nadiminty and Allen C. Gao.
- 2013 SpringerWayne J.G. Hellstrom, editor.1. The Institute of Medicine White Paper on Testosterone: Current Perspective / Craig F. Donatucci -- 2. The Laboratory Diagnosis of Testosterone Deficiency / Akanksha Mehta and Darius A. Paduch -- 3. The Clinical Diagnosis of Androgen Deficiency / Gregory C. Mitchell, Ege Can Serefoglu, and Wayne J.G. Hellstrom -- 4. The Use of Patient Reported Outcome Questionnaires in the Diagnosis of Androgen Deficiency / Gregory J. Lowe, George C. Bailey, and Tracey L. Krupski -- 5. Testosterone and Its Association with Metabolic and Cardiovascular Disease / Giovanni Corona, Giulia Rastrelli, and Mario Maggi -- 6. The Role of Androgens in Prostate Cancer / Frances Alba, Claudio A. Romero, and Run Wang -- 7. Androgen Deficiency in the Adolescent Male / Erin R. McNamara and Sherry S. Ross -- 8. Effects of Androgen Deficiency and Replacement on Male Fertility / Andrew C. Kramer -- 9. HIV and Testosterone in Men / Gina Cambareri, Jane Ashby, David Goldmeier, and Hossein Sadeghi-Nejad -- 10. Treatment Options for Testosterone Replacement Therapy / Mohit Khera -- 11. Alternate Therapies for Testosterone Replacement / Ege Can Serefoglu, Ahmet Gokce, Wayne J.G. Hellstrom, and André T. Guay.
- 2006 SpringerW.-B. Schill, F.H. Comhaire, T.B. Hargreave (eds.).Also available: Print – 2006
- 2014 SpringerDaniel M. Gainsburg, Ethan O. Bryson, Elizabeth A. M. Frost, editors.This is an up-to-date clinical reference on anesthesia for urological surgery. Advances in urological procedures, the advent of treatment of patients with strong anticoagulant and antiplatelet medications, and the demographics of urology patients (many of whom are young or elderly) present challenges for the anesthesiologist and have necessitated changes in anesthesia practice. Urological anesthesia is not recognized as a subspecialty, and this book, which reflects the expertise of clinicians and researchers from around the United States and Europe, is written for the majority of anesthesiologists and nurse anesthetists who will provide anesthesia for these patients. The book includes coverage of these topics: Renal physiology and pharmacology Urologic anesthesia in all age groups, and in both the operating room and outpatient setting Special considerations in the pregnant patient and in renal transplantation Anesthesia for robotic surgery of the prostate In older patients, problems arising from co-morbidities and the risk of drug interactions Appropriate pain management in inpatient and outpatient settings The unique challenges of positioning the patient Medico-legal considerations, including analyses from the closed claims study
- 2013 SpringerAriadne M. Bach, Jingbo Zhang, editors.The Atlas of Genitourinary Oncological Imaging presents a comprehensive visual review of appearances for normal anatomy and oncological diseases in the genitourinary system using over 900 radiological images and illustrations. The book presents current imaging techniques and discusses the role of imaging in pre-treatment staging and post-treatment follow-up. Diseases discussed include kidney, adrenal gland, upper tract, bladder, prostate, testes, and pediatric malignancies. Individual chapters include normal anatomy, imaging techniques, and pathology of each cancer type. The staging of the malignancy and what to include in the radiology report are discussed, and expected and complicated postoperative and post-treatment findings and recurrence are presented. Dedicated chapters on interventional and radiation therapy discuss their unique role in the management and treatment of oncology of the genitourinary system. Additionally, a chapter on chemotherapy toxicities discusses drug reaction treatment therapies unique to the genitourinary system.Edited and written by radiologists from the genitourinary disease management team at Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, the Atlas of Genitourinary Oncological Imaging is an ideal resource for radiology and urology trainees seeking a review of the basics and for practicing radiologists looking for answers to challenging cases confronted in daily practice.
- 2011 Springerby Gregory MacLennan, Liang Cheng.Adrenal gland -- Kidney -- Renal pelvis and ureter -- Bladder, urethra, and urachus -- Prostate -- Testis -- Spermatic cord and testicular adnexae -- Penis and scrotum.
- 2013 SpringerGiuseppe Micali, Marco Cusini, Pompeo Donofrio, Franco Dinotta.Male genital disorders represent a common issue in medical practice, especially in the dermatological setting. Correct clinical evaluation of these disorders is essential when addressing the diagnosis, which in some cases may require histopathological confirmation. Depending on the disease, early diagnosis may be not only lifesaving, but also of fundamental importance to the planning of successful treatment. This atlas introduces the most common penile diseases, along with more rarely encountered ones. It provides invaluable guidance on clinical diagnosis by highlighting prominent clinical features and presenting particular videodermatoscopy findings when these are indicative of the diagnosis. In addition, for each condition the most appropriate treatment is proposed, taking into account recent therapeutic advances of proven benefit.
- 2013 SpringerHubert John, Peter Wiklund, Jorn H. Witt, editors.In many centers of excellence in Urology, robotic prostatectomy has become the first choice for the surgical treatment of localized prostate cancer owing to benefits such as reduced pain and minimization of impotence and incontinence. This atlas, specifically designed for use by surgeons, provides a beautifully illustrated, step-by-step guide to all aspects of the procedure. The various techniques that can be employed to achieve excellent oncological and functional results are carefully depicted in appropriate detail; for example, nerve-sparing techniques, bladder neck reconstruction, and approaches aimed at the early restoration of continence are clearly described. Special situations, such as prior prostate surgery, a large prostate, and salvage prostatectomy, are also fully covered. The information contained in this atlas will be of great value in enabling surgeons to improve their results and to take full advantage of the benefits of robotic prostatectomy compared with open prostatectomy.
- 2011 Springeredited by Li-Ming Su.Robotics in Urology: Past, Present, and Future -- Robotic Instrumentation, Personnel and Operating Room Setup -- Transperitoneal Robot-Assisted Laparoscopic Radical Prostatectomy: Anterior Approach -- Transperitoneal Robot-Assisted Laparoscopic Radical Prostatectomy: Posterior Approach -- Extraperitoneal Robot-Assisted Laparoscopic Radical Prostatectomy -- Robot-Assisted Laparoscopic Radical Prostatectomy: Management of the Difficult Case -- Robot-Assisted Radical Cystoprostatectomy -- Robot-Assisted Laparoscopic Sacrocolpopexy -- Robot-Assisted Total and Partial Adrenalectomy -- Robot-Assisted Radical and Partial Nephrectomy -- Robot-Assisted Radical Nephroureterectomy -- Robot-Assisted Pyeloplasty -- Robot-Assisted Extended Pyelolithotomy and Ureterolithotomy -- Robot-Assisted Ureteral Reconstruction -- Robotic Surgical Procedures for Male Infertility -- Pediatric Urologic Robotic Procedures.
- 2015 SpringerShlomo Raz.
- 2013 SpringerDavor Ježek, editor.1. "Open" Biopsy of the Testis and Testicular Sperm Extraction / Ivan Krhen, Andreja Vukasović, and Davor Ježek -- 2. MicroTESE and Embryo Development / Nikica Zaninović and Peter N. Schlegel -- 3. Histologic Procedures and Testicular Biopsy Freezing / Andreja Vukasović, Viviana Kozina, and Davor Ježek -- 4. Early Development of the Human Testis / Gordana Jurić-Lekić, Marta Himelreich, Marta Lekić, Đurđica Grbeša, and Floriana Bulić-Jakuš -- 5. The Fetal Human Testis / Marina Kos and Tanja Leniček -- 6. The Testis in Childhood Between Birth and Puberty / Ewa Rajpert-De Meyts, Kristian Almstrup, John E. Nielsen, and Niels E. Skakkebæk -- 7. Normal Morphology of the Human Testis and Epididymis / Davor Ježek, Viviana Kozina, and Andreja Vukasović -- 8. Damage of Spermatogenesis / Martin Bergmann and Davor Ježek -- 9. Inflammatory Conditions of the Testis / Hans-Christian Schuppe and Martin Bergmann -- 10. Cryptorchidism (Undescended Testis) / Ljerka Banek, Viviana Kozina, Iva Marolt, and Tomislav Banek -- 11. Klinefelter's Syndrome / Manuel Nistal and Pilar González-Peramato -- 12. Testicular Dysgenesis Syndrome and Carcinoma In Situ Testis / Ewa Rajpert-De Meyts, Kristian Almstrup, and Niels E. Skakkebæk -- 13. Tumors of the Testis and Epididymis / Ivan Damjanov and Gregor Mikuz -- 14. Congenital Testis Pathology / Manuel Nistal and Pilar González-Peramato -- 15. Vascular Testis Pathology / Manuel Nistal and Pilar González-Peramato -- 16. New Approaches to Diagnosing Male Infertility. Part I, Microarray Analysis of Testicular Biopsy Specimens from Men with Intact and Impaired Spermatogenesis / Andrej-Nikolai Spiess and Wolfgang Schulze -- 17. New Approaches to Diagnosing Male Infertility. Part II, The Role of Confocal Microscopy and Three-Dimensional Reconstruction in Visualization of Reinke's Crystals / Viviana Kozina and Davor Ježek -- 18. Disorders of Sex Development / Manuel Nistal and Pilar González-Peramato.
- 2013 SpringerRobert Carachi, Sandeep Agarwala, Tim J. Bradnock (editors) ; Salvatore Cascio, Hock Lim Tan (associate editors).Part A. Basic surgical techniques -- Part B. Head and neck -- Part C. Spine and limbs -- Part D. Thorax -- Part E. Abdomen -- Part F. Groin and genitalia -- Part G. Urology -- Part H. Perineum -- Part I. Minimally invasive surgery -- Appendix. Training in paediatric surgery -- Subject Index.
- 2013 SpringerR.N. Miftahof, H.G. Nam.
- 2010 Springeredited by Cheryl T. Lee and David P. Wood.
- 2014 SpringerAlan J. Wein, Karl-Erik Andersson, Marcus J. Drake, Roger R. Dmochowski, editors.Bladder Dysfunction in the Adult: The Basis for Clinical Management succinctly describes all that the healthcare professional needs to know when treating lower urinary tract symptoms. The book describes how to assess and treat every group of patients likely to be affected with bladder problems, and the underlying mechanisms responsible. Women with stress incontinence, men with enlarged prostates, people with neurological disease and the elderly are all discussed in particular detail. For all professionals treating or learning to treat patients with urinary storage or voiding problems, the concise presentation and thorough coverage provides treatment recommendations and clear explanations. Authored by recognized experts in their respective fields, Bladder Dysfunction in the Adult: The Basis for Clinical Management is a comprehensive resource that allows the reader to develop the knowledge, understanding, and confidence to deal with the many clinical challenges of bladder dysfunction.
- 2013 SpringerJørgen Nordling, Jean-Jacques Wyndaele, Joop P. van de Merwe, Pierre Bouchelouche, Mauro Cervigni, Magnus Fall, editors.Historical Perspective / Philip M. Hanno M.D., M.P.H. -- Epidemiology / Mirja Ruutu M.D., Ph.D., F.E.B.U., Mikael Leppilahti MD, PhD -- Diagnostic Criteria, Classification and Nomenclature for Bladder Pain Syndrome / Joop P. van de Merwe MD, PhD, Jørgen Nordling MD, Dr.med.Sci, FEBU -- Part I: Pathophysiology -- Clinical Pathophysiology and Molecular Biology of the Urothelium and the GAG Layer / Gianfranco Tajana, Mauro Cervigni -- Mast Cell and Bladder Pain Syndrome / Kirsten Bouchelouche M.D., D.M.Sc., Pierre Bouchelouche M.D. -- Neurophysiology of Pelvic Pain Mechanisms / Jean-Jacques Wyndaele M.D., D.Sci., Ph.D., Silvia Malaguti M.D. -- Syndromes Associated with Bladder Pain Syndrome as Clues to its Pathogenesis / John W. Warren M.D., Joop P. van de Merwe M.D., Ph.D. -- Part II: Clinical Presentations -- Bladder Pain Syndrome: Clinical Presentation / John Hughes M.B.B.S., F.R.C.A., F.F.P.M.R.C.A. -- Pelvic Floor Dysfunction in Bladder Pain Syndrome / Mauro Cervigni M.D., Franca Natale M.D. -- Psychosocial Risk Factors and Patient Outcomes for Bladder Pain Syndrome / Dean A. Tripp Ph.D., J. Curtis Nickel M.D., F.R.C.S.C. -- Bladder Pain Syndrome and Sexuality / Jennifer Yonaitis Fariello M.S.N., C.R.N.P., Kristene E. Whitmore M.D. -- Part III: Diagnosis -- Symptoms of Bladder Pain Syndrome / John W. Warren M.D., Philip M. Hanno M.D., M.P.H. -- Clinical Evaluation and Diagnosis of Bladder Pain Syndrome / Jennifer Yonaitis Fariello M.S.N., C.R.N.P., Kristene E. Whitmore M.D. -- Urine Biomarkers and Bladder Pain Syndrome / Pierre Bouchelouche M.D., Kirsten Bouchelouche M.D., DMSc. -- Cystoscopy and Hydrodistension in the Diagnosis of Bladder Pain Syndrome / Andrey Zaytsev M.D., Ph.D., Magnus Fall M.D., Ph.D. -- Biopsy Retrieval, Tissue Handling, Morphology, and Histopathological Characteristics / Christina Kåbjörn-Gustafsson, Ralph Peeker -- Urodynamics in BPS / Paul P. Irwin M.Ch., F.R.C.S.I(Urol), Claus Riedl M.D. -- Complementary and Alternative Medical Treatments of Bladder Pain Syndrome / Z. Chad Baxter M.D., Helen R. Levey D.O., M.P.H. -- Diet and Its Role in Bladder Pain Syndrome and Comorbid Conditions / Justin I. Friedlander, Barbara Shorter, Robert M. Moldwin -- Physiotherapy / Amy Rejba Hoffmann M.S.N., Hina M. Sheth M.S., P.T., O.C.S., M.T.C. -- Oral Therapy for Bladder Pain Syndrome Directed at the Bladder / Philip M. Hanno M.D., M.P.H. -- Pain Treatment in Bladder Pain Syndrome / John Hughes M.B.B.S., F.R.C.A., F.F.P.M.R.C.A., Salma Mohammed M.B.B.S., F.R.C.A. -- Intravesical Therapy / Mauro Cervigni M.D., Arndt van Ophoven M.D., Ph.D. -- Hydrodistention, Transurethral Resection and Other Ablative Techniques in the Treatment of Bladder Pain Syndrome / Magnus Fall M.D., Ph.D., Jørgen Nordling M.D., Dr. Med. Sci., F.E.B.U., Ralph Peeker -- Botulinum Toxin Treatment in Bladder Pain Syndrome / Paul P. Irwin M.Ch., F.R.C.S.I. (Urol), Paulo Dinis Oliveria M.D., Ph.D. -- Neurostimulation for Bladder Pain Syndrome / Dominique El-Khawand M.D., Kristene E. Whitmore -- Bladder Augmentation, Urinary Diversion and Cystectomy in Patients with Bladder Pain Syndrome / Jørgen Nordling, Magnus Fall, Ralph Peeker -- Part V: Patient Perspective -- A Patient Perspective / Jane M. Meijlink BA Hons -- Exploratory Research on the Social Costs and Care for Patients with Bladder Pain Syndrome / Loredana Nasta, Simone Montagnoli, Maria Avolio.
- 2011 SpringerVinata B. Lokeshwar, Axel S. Merseburger, Stefan H. Hautmann, editors.
- 2011 SpringerMichael B. Chancellor, Christopher P. Smith.Safety and General Principles of Botulinum Toxin Therapies: Pearls From Across Medical Fields -- Biology and Mechanism of Action -- Botulinum Toxin for Neurogenic Detrusor Overactivity -- Overactive Bladder and Idiopathic Detrusor Overactivity -- BoNT for Bladder and Pelvic Pain -- Pediatric Botulinum Toxin Applications -- Botulinum Toxin Injection for Prostate Disorders -- Sphincter and Pelvic Floor Disorders Applications -- Non-urological Uses of Toxin with Genitourinary Insight -- Health Economics of Botulinum Toxin Application -- Perspectives from Around the World: Panorama of Where We Are and Where We Are Going.
- 2016 ClinicalKeyeditor-in-chief, Alan J. Wein ; [editors] Louis R. Kavoussi, Alan W. Partin, Craig A. PetersV. 1 -- Pt. I: Clinical decision making -- Pt. II: Basics of urologic surgery -- Pt. III: Infections and inflammation -- Pt. IV: Molecular and cellular biology -- Pt. V: Reproducitve and sexual function -- Pt. VI: Male genitalia -- V. 2 -- Pt. VII: Renal physiology and pathophysiology -- Pt. VIII: Upper urinary tract obstruction and trauma -- Pt. IX: Urinary lithiasis and endourology -- Pt. X: Neoplasms of the upper urinary tract -- Pt. XI: The adrenals -- V. 3 -- Pt. XII: Urine transport, storage, and emptying -- Pt. XIII: Benign and malignant bladder disorders -- Pt. XIV: The prostate -- V. 4 -- Pt. XV: Pediatric urology -- Sect. A: Development and prenatal urology -- Sect. B: Basic principles -- Sect. C: Upper urinary tract conditions -- Sect. D: Lower urinary tract conditions -- Sect. E: Genitalia -- Sect. F: Reconstruction and trauma -- Sect. G: Oncology.
- 2007editor-in-chief, Alan J. Wein ; editors, Louis R. Kavoussi ... [et al.].Status: Not Checked OutLane Catalog Record
- v. 1-4, 2007.editor-in-chief, Alan J. Wein ; editors, Louis R. Kavoussi, Andrew C. Novick, Alan W. Partin, Craig A. Peters.Status: Not Checked OutLane Catalog Record
- 2011 Springereditor, John P. Mulhall ; associate editors, Luca Incrocci, Irwin Goldstein and C. Rosen.Functional Anatomy of the Male Sex Organs -- Functional Anatomy of the Female Sex Organs -- Physiology of Libido -- Physiology of Orgasm -- Physiology of Female Genital Sexual Arousal -- Physiology of Erection -- Physiology of Ejaculation -- Classifying Female Sexual Dysfunction -- Hypoactive Sexual Desire Disorder -- Disorders of Female Sexual Arousal -- Disorders of Female Orgasm -- Sexual Pain Disorders -- Erectile Dysfunction: Prevalence and Pathophysiology -- Androgen Deficiency -- Peyronie?s Disease -- Disorders of Ejaculation and Male Orgasm -- Priapism -- The Sexual Health Interview: Male -- The Sexual Health Interview: Female -- Communication About Sexuality and Cancer -- Validated Questionnaires in Female Sexual Function Assessment -- Validated Questionnaires in Male Sexual Function Assessment -- Evaluation of the Female with Sexual Dysfunction -- Evaluation of Male Sexual Dysfunction -- The Impact of Cancer on the Partner?s Sexuality -- Gay and Lesbian Patients with Cancer -- The Impact of a Cancer Diagnosis on Sexual Health -- Breast Cancer -- Gynecological Cancers -- Pelvic Surgery for Urological Cancers -- Pelvic Radiation in Men -- Pelvic Radiation in Women -- Impact of Chemotherapy and Hormone Therapy on Female Sexual Health -- Impact of Androgen Deprivation Therapy on Men?s Sexual Health -- Colorectal Cancer -- Stem Cell Transplant --Sexual Health in the Terminally Ill -- Survivorship: An Overview -- Nutriceuticals in Sexual Health -- Medical Treatments for Sexual Problems in Women -- Surgical Treatments for Sexual Problems in Women -- Sex Therapy in Female Sexual Dysfunction -- Erectile Dysfunction: Pharmacological Therapy -- Erectile Dysfunction: Devices -- The Management of Premature Ejaculation -- Testosterone Therapy in the Male Cancer Patient -- Sex Therapy in Male Sexual Dysfunction -- Restoring Intimacy in Relationships Affected by Cancer -- Dating and Disclosure for Cancer Survivors.
- 2010 Springeredited by M. Pilar Laguna, Peter Albers, Carsten Bokemeyer, and Jerome P. Richie.The book covers the complete field of testis cancer including the germ cell tumors and the stromal tumors, from epidemiology to new chemotherapeutic agents and schedules, throughout genetic features, risk factors, risk adapted treatments, role of different types of surgery and special clinical situations. Special attention is focused on fertility issues, late effects of the primary therapy and the economical aspects of the different treatment policies. As a result of the third Consensus Conference, a consensual follow-up can be devised and a chapter dedicated to this controversial and not yet defined matter.
- 2008 Springeredited by Daniel A. Shoskes.
- 2014 SpringerJohn P Mulhall, Peter J. Stahl, Doron S. Stember.Clinical Care Pathways in Andrology provides a valuable resource for understanding clinical decision-making in the context of the predominant male reproductive and sexual disorders for which patients commonly seek evaluation and treatment. Conditions that are less well-known but can be severely bothersome to patients, such as penile sensory loss, are also presented. Based on clinical evidence and expert consensus, practical clinical care pathways are featured for each condition. Each clinical care pathway consists of an algorithm that delineates the overall structure of decision-making for each condition, describes initial clinical presentations, and guides the reader through diagnostic testing and treatment.
- 2015 SpringerGiorgio Cavallini, Giovanni Beretta, editors.This book provides andrologists and other practitioners with reliable, up-to-date information on all aspects of male infertility and is designed to assist in the clinical management of patients. Clear guidance is offered on classification of infertility, sperm analysis interpretation and diagnosis. The full range of types and causes of male infertility are then discussed in depth. Particular attention is devoted to poorly understood conditions such as unexplained couple infertility and idiopathic male infertility, but the roles of diverse disorders, health and lifestyle factors and environmental pollution are also fully explored. Research considered stimulating for the reader is highlighted, reflecting the fascinating and controversial nature of the field. International treatment guidelines are presented and the role of diet and dietary supplements is discussed in view of their increasing importance. Clinicians will find that the book's straightforward approach ensures that it can be easily and rapidly consulted.
- 2015 SpringerVincenzo Mirone, editor.Andrology is a discipline united in a mission to achieve and maintain the sexual health of men, and more broadly couples, over the entire lifespan. In this volume, undisputed leading experts from Europe and beyond come together to cover the field in its entirety, providing a guide that will be of value to urologists and other physicians in their daily clinical practice. It is designed for a wide audience, including both those coming into contact with andrological issues for the first time and more experienced readers requiring updated guidelines and advice on the most controversial and thorny issues. A wide range of topics is covered, including male genital abnormalities, disorders of pubertal development, gender identity disorders, Peyronieℓ́ℓs disease, sexual dysfunction, hypogonadism and infertility, urogenital infections, urogenital cancers, and andrological emergencies. Clinical Andrology will prove an invaluable quick consulting tool, rigorous in its scientific content but at the same time easy to read and rich in images and tables.
- 2013 SpringerParviz K. Kavoussi, Raymond A. Costabile, Andrea Salonia, editors.1. Anatomy and Physiology of Androgen Regulation in Men / Jerald Marifke and Jay Sandlow -- 2. Development of the Male Reproductive System / Pravin K. Rao and Arthur L. Burnett -- 3. Epidemiology and Diagnosis of Hypogonadism / Mikkel Fode, Susanne A. Quallich, Yacov Reisman, Jens Sønksen, and Dana A. Ohl -- 4. Testosterone and Sexual Function / Wayland Hsiao and John P. Mulhall 5. Treatment of Hypogonadism in Men / Akanksha Mehta, Darius A. Paduch, and Marc Goldstein -- 6. Hypogonadism and Prostate Cancer: To Treat or Not to Treat / Mohit Khera -- 7. Testosterone and Male Infertility / Tung-Chin Hsieh, Matthew McIntyre, and Larry Lipshultz -- 8. Specific Endocrinopathies and Male Infertility / Vincent Harisaran, Eugene Cone, and Kathleen Hwang.
- 2008 SpringerM. Bertolotto (ed.) ; with contributions by C. Acampora ... [et al.] ; foreword by A.L. Baert.
- 2014 SpringerMark A. Moyad.Complementary & Alternative Medicine for Prostate and Urologic Health is designed to capture and clinically review the comprehensive database of clinical research articles that support and do not support the utilization of a variety of dietary supplements and other complementary medicines that physicians are exposed to in their daily practice. This is a critical distinction between this book and any other Complementary & Alternative Medicine (CAM) books published to date. Each section of the book provides an easy to reference guide into the topic of interest for the individual that works in urology. The various sub-specialty groups in urology are adequately represented, which allows for a physician to rapidly and thoroughly investigate their topic of interest regardless of whether it is fertility, bladder cancer, or prostate disease. Rather than having to sort through the now thousands of articles published yearly on CAM in medicine, this volume focuses first on the specialty and secondarily how it compares to the overall CAM literature. Each chapter includes a summary page that will allow the physician a rapid review of the subject with a patient, colleague or student.
- 2013 SpringerHoward B. Goldman, editor.Complications of Female Incontinence and Pelvic Reconstructive Surgery reviews the prevention, evaluation and management of complications arising from female pelvic surgery. Potential complications of both routine and specialized female pelvic procedures such as transvaginal slings, cystocele and rectocele repairs, urethral diverticulectomy, and transvaginal mesh repairs are reviewed. The chapters are divided by procedure allowing the reader to easily find what they are looking for. Images and figures of methods of evaluation and repair of these complications are included throughout. The volume is organized based on the specific types of surgeries performed and the user is able to look up the type of surgery performed and immediately find all of the potential complications and their treatments. This text will serve as a comprehensive guide and reference allowing the surgeon quick and ready access to information about the complications of female pelvic surgery.
- 2010 Springer[edited by] Reza Ghavamian.Physiology of laparoscopy and pneumoperitoneum -- Anesthesia and management of anesthetic complications of laparoscopic urological surgery -- Metabolic and renal complications and immunologic implications of laparoscopic urologic surgery -- Positional and neuromuscular complications of laparoscopic and robotic urologic surgery -- Vascular complications in laparoscopic and robotic urologic surgery -- Urinary and urologic complications of laparoscopic and robotic urologic procedures -- Visceral and gastrointestinal complications of laparoscopic and robotic urologic surgery -- Complications of robotic-assisted laparoscopic surgery: iatrogenic and doulogenic -- Complications of laparoscopic and robotic adrenal surgery -- Complications of laparoscopic radical nephrectomy and nephroureterectomy -- Complications of laparoscopic donor nephrectomy -- Complications of laparoscopic partial nephrectomy -- Complications of robotic partial nephrectomy -- Complications of laparoscopic retroperitoneal lymph node dissection -- Complications of laparoscopic and robotic pyeloplasty -- Complications of laparoscopic and robotic ureteral surgery -- Complications of robotic prostatectomy -- Methods and maneuvers for improving functional outcomes during robotic radical prostatectomy -- Complications of laparoscopic and robotic-assisted radical cystectomy -- Complications of laparoscopic and robotic reconstructive procedures for urinary incontinence and pelvic organ prolapse -- Complications of single port laparoscopic and robotic surgery -- Complications of ablative renal procedures -- Complications of laparoscopic and robotic pediatric urologic surgery -- Medicolegal aspects of minimally invasive urologic surgery.
- 2010 ClinicalKey[edited by] Samir S. Taneja."Complications of Urologic Surgery: Prevention and Management, 4th Edition, by Samir S. Taneja, MD, is a urology resource that presents current management strategies - with an emphasis on prevention - for the most effective patient care. Recognized leaders in the field address both office-based complications as well as common and uncommon surgical complications arising from open and minimally invasive urologic surgery, to equip you to handle a wide range of situations. Best of all, this resource includes a companion website featuring the complete text of the book, along with case studies, multiple choice questions, and more, for convenient reference and review."--BOOK JACKET.
- 2008 ClinicalKeyedited by Denis F. Geary, Franz Schaefer.This book brings you a state-of-the-art comprehensive review on every clinical condition encountered in pediatric nephrology in one concise, clinically focused text. International experts provide you with the latest on epidemiology, diagnosis, investigations, management, and prognosis for a full range of pediatric kidney disorders. A full-color, highly visual, meticulously crafted format, makes this material remarkably easy for you to access and apply.
- 2009 Springeredited by Osamu Ukimura, Inderbir S. Gill.
- 2011 SpringerKevin T. McVary, editor.Animal models for the study of erectile function and dysfunction -- Normal erectile physiology -- Psychological aspects of erectile dysfunction -- Epidemiology of erectile dysfunction and key risk factors -- Etiology and risk factors of erectile dysfunction -- Making the diagnosis of erectile dysfunction -- Drugs that affect sexual function -- Oral therapy for erectile dysfunction -- Self-injection, transurethral and topical therapy in erectile dysfunction -- Quantification of erectile dysfunction after prostate cancer treatment -- Vacuum constriction device: a new paradigm for treatment of erectile dysfunction -- Hormonal evaluation and therapy in erectile dysfunction -- Cardiovascular issues in the treatment of erectile dysfunction -- The penile prosthesis option for erectile dysfunction -- The effect of radical prostatectomy on erectile dysfunction -- Peyronie's disease: natural history, diagnosis, and medical therapy -- Peyronie's disease: surgical therapy -- Priapism: medical and surgical therapy -- Ejaculatory disorders.
- 2013 SpringerGiovanni Regine, Maurizio Atzori, Romano Fabbri.This book examines in detail the diagnostic impact of contrast-enhanced ultrasound in the evaluation of urinary tract pathology, paying particular attention to the diagnostic gain that may be expected in relation to other imaging techniques such as CT and MRI. The role of contrast-enhanced ultrasound is evaluated in a range of pathologies, including ischemia, trauma, inflammation, cystic lesions, and solid tumors, as well as in the imaging of anatomic variants. New applications, for example monitoring of kidney transplantation, assessment of urinary bladder lesions, and diagnosis of vesico-ureteric reflux, are also covered. The presented cases, drawn from the authors' personal clinical caseload, include images obtained using multimodality techniques, sometimes with 3D CT reconstruction. The authors' own experiences are compared with the most recent reports in the scientific literature.
- 2002 Kargervolume editors, T. Wiegel ... [et al.].Also available: Print – 2002
- 2007 Ovid[edited by] Stuart G. Silverman, Richard H. Cohan.
- 2006 SpringerDorothy L. Rosenthal, Stephen S. Raab.
- 2016 SpringerJohn M. Hutson, Jørgen M. Thorup, Spencer W. Beasley.
- Development of the perineum in the human : a comprehensive histological study with a special reference to the role of stromal components2005 SpringerS.C.J. van der Putte.
- 2015 SpringerSusanne Krege, editor.This book presents the views of leading European experts on the diagnosis and management of testicular cancer, with coverage of current hot topics in the field. It opens by providing an overview of the recommendations in the most recent consensus paper from the European Germ Cell Cancer Consensus Group, which is based on interdisciplinary cooperation among urologists, medical oncologists, radio-oncologists, pathologists, and basic scientists. The remainder of the book focuses on areas of controversy in the diagnosis, treatment, and follow-up of testicular cancer. In each case the evidence base is discussed and results from the most recent studies are reviewed, drawing attention to new findings that might alter treatment recommendations. The treatment-related chapters cover a broad range of issues, including the best approach in patients with poor-prognosis and recurrent disease and those with long-term toxicities. Relevant aspects of survivorship care are also addressed. The book will help clinicians and practitioners to achieve the goals of minimizing therapy and its side-effects without reducing efficacy in low stage disease, improving the cure rate in advanced disease, and enhancing follow-up and long-term survivorship.
- 2014 SpringerBen Challacombe, Simon Bott, editors.From signs and symptoms to key diagnosis of urological diseases, Diagnostic Techniques in Urology focuses on the current status of urological investigations. This book looks at common conditions of prostate and renal cancer, discusses emergency urological diagnosis, and examines the evaluation of benign diseases as well as miscellaneous urological conditions including erectile dysfunction, incontinence and prostatitis. Bringing together contributions from major international leaders in the field, Diagnostic Techniques in Urology is a useful, easy-to-read book which will benefit urologists and other clinicians interested in urology.
- 2013 SpringerAhmed M. Al-Kandari, Mahesh Desai, Ahmed A. Shokeir, Ahmed M. Shoma, Arthur D. Smith, editors.1. Introduction / Ahmed M. Al-Kandar -- 2. Anesthetic Considerations During Endourologic Surgery / Ahmed M. Labib and Ahmed M. Al-Kandari -- 3. Difficulties in Instrumentation of Endourologic Procedures / Ahmed M. Al-Kandari -- 4. Percutaneous Management of Calyceal Diverticula: An American Experience / Jessica A. Mandeville, Ehud Gnessin, and James E. Lingeman -- 5. Managing Bleeding During Percutaneous Renal Surgery / Ahmed R. El-Nahas, Ahmed M. Shoma, and Ahmed A. Shokeir -- 6. Septic Complications During Percutaneous Nephrolitholotomy (PCNL) / Evangelos Liatsikos and Panagiotis Kallidonis -- 7. Visceral Complications of Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy (PCNL) / Abdelghaffar S. Arafa and Ahmed M. Al-Kandari -- 8. Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy (PCNL) for Staghorn Calculi: The Rigid Approach: Overcoming the Difficulties / Arvind P. Ganpule and Mahesh Desai -- 9. Flexible Renal Nephroscopy: Overcoming the Difficulties / Joseph A. Graversen, Adam C. Mues, and Mantu Gupta -- 10. Chinese Minimally Invasive Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy (MPCNL): Overcoming the Difficulties / Zhaohui He, Guohua Zeng, and Xun Li -- 11. Percutaneous Renal Surgery for Renal Pelvic Tumors: Overcoming the Difficulties / Brian Duty, Michael Blute, Zhamshid Okhunov, Arthur D. Smith, and Zeph Okeke -- 12. Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy (PCNL) in the Treatment of Stones within Horseshoe Kidneys and in Patients with Autosomal Dominant Polycystic Kidney Disease / Ahmed Abed, Ahmed R. El-Nahas, Ahmed M. Al-Kandari, and Ahmed A. Shokeir -- 13. Drainage Systems After Percutanous Renal Procedures / Brian Duty, Zhamshid Okhunov, Arthur D. Smith, and Zeph Okeke -- 14. Retrograde Nephrostomy Access: Overcoming the Difficulties / Khalid Matar Al-Otaibi -- 15. Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy (PCNL): The Supine Approach: Overcoming the Difficulties / Francisco Pedro Juan Daels -- 16. Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy (PCNL) in Obese Patients: Overcoming the Difficulties / Soroush Rais-Bahrami and Arthur D. Smith -- 17. Percutanous Nephrolithotomy (PCNL) for Caliceal Diverticulum: An Egyptian Experience / Ahmed Mohamed Elshal, Ahmed M. Shoma, and Ahmed A. Shokeir -- 18. Endourological Management of Urological Complications Following Renal Transplantation / Ahmed S. El-Hefnawy, Mohamed M. Elsaadany, Shady A. Soliman, Yasser Osman, Ahmed M. Shoma, and Ahmed A. Shokeir -- 19. Difficult Situations in Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy (PCNL) for Solitary Kidney and Renal Failure / Arvind P. Ganpule, Amit Satish Bhattu, and Mahesh Desai -- 20. Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy (PCNL) and Other Simultaneous Procedures / Ravindra B. Sabnis, Raguram Ganesamoni, and Amit Doshi -- 21. Adult Endopyelotomy: Overcoming the Difficulties / Zhamshid Okhunov, Brian Duty, Zeph Okeke, and Arthur D. Smith -- 22. Ureteroscopy for Upper Ureteral Stones: Overcoming the Difficulties of the Rigid Approach / Tamer S. Barakat, Ahmed R. El-Nahas, Ahmed M. Shoma, and Ahmed A. Shokeir -- 23. Uretheroscopy for Upper Ureteric and Renal Stones: Overcoming Difficulties with the Flexible Approach / Jacob Howard Cohen and Michael Grasso III -- 24. Ureteroscopy for Ureteral Strictures / Ahmed M. Harraz, Ahmed M. Shoma, and Ahmed A. Shokeir -- 25. Ureteroscopic Management of Ureteral and Renal Pelvic Tumors: Overcoming the Difficulties / Demetrius H. Bagley and Kelly A. Healy -- 26. Endourologic Management of Non-Malignant Bilharzial Urinary Complications / Hamdy Mohamed Ibrahim, Ahmad Samy Bedair, and Ahmed M. Al-Kandari -- 27. Ureteroscopy During Pregnancy / Hamdy Mohamed Ibrahim and Ahmed M. Al-Kandari -- 28. Pediatric Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy (PCNL): Overcoming the Difficulties / Sinan Zeren and Hakan Çakir -- 29. Pediatric Ureteroscopy: Overcoming the Difficulties / Raguram Ganesamoni, Shashikant Mishra, and Mahesh Desai -- 30. Difficulties with Ureteral Stents / Brandon K. Isariyawongse and Manoj Monga -- 31. Overcoming the Cost Difficulties in Endourology / Ravindra B. Sabnis -- 32. Difficulties in Endourologic Training / Ahmed M. Al-Kandari -- 33. Avoiding and Overcoming Medico-Legal Difficulties in Endourology / Donnaline Richman and James H. Robb.
- 2011 SpringerAhmed M. Al-Kandari, Inderbir S. Gill (editors).Difficulties in Laparoscopic Access -- Difficulties in Anesthesia for Urologic Laparoscopy -- Difficulties in Urologic Laparoscopic Instrumentation -- Cost-Reductive Measures in Laparoscopy: Tips and Tricks for Developing Countries -- Difficulties in Laparoscopic Simple Nephrectomy -- Difficulties in Transperitoneal Laparoscopic Radical Nephrectomy -- Difficulties in Retroperitoneal Laparoscopic Radical Nephrectomy -- Difficulties in Laparoscopic Live Donor Nephrectomy -- Difficulties in Laparoscopic Nephroureterectomy -- Difficulties in Laparoscopic Partial Nephrectomy -- Difficulties in Laparoscopic Adrenalectomy -- Difficulties in Laparoscopic Renal Cyst Removal and Giant Hydronephrosis Nephrectomy -- Difficulties in Laparoscopic Simple Prostatectomy -- Difficulties in Laparoscopic Radical Prostatectomy -- Difficulties in Robotic Radical Prostatectomy -- Difficulties in Robotic-Assisted Nerve-Sparing Radical Prostatectomy -- Difficulties in Laparoscopic Urologic Surgery in Kidney Transplant Patients and Obese Patients -- Difficulties in Laparoscopic Retroperitoneal Lymph Node Dissection -- Difficulties in Laparoscopic Radical Cystectomy -- Difficulties in Laparoscopic Pyeloplasty -- Difficulties in Laparoscopic Surgery for Urinary Stones -- Difficulties in Laparoscopic Ureteral and Bladder Reconstruction -- Difficulties in Laparoscopic Ureterolysis and Retroperitoneal Lymph Node Dissection -- Difficulties in Laparoscopic Management of Vesicovaginal Fistula -- Difficulties in the Laparoscopic Treatment of Female Genital Prolapse -- Difficulties in Pediatric Laparoscopic Urologic Surgery -- Difficulties in Single-Port Laparoscopic Procedures -- Difficulties in Urologic Laparoscopy Complications -- Difficulties in Laparoscopic Training, Mentoring, and Medico-Legal Issues.
- Diseases of the abdomen and pelvis 2014-2017 : diagnostic imaging and interventional techniques : 46th International Diagnostic Course in Davos (IDKD), Davos, March 30-April 4, 20142014 Springerpresented by the Foundation for the Advancement of Education in Medical Radiology, Zurich ; J. Hodler, R.A. Kubik-Huch, G.K. von Schulthess, Ch.L. Zollikofer (eds.).
- 2007 Ovidedited by Robert W. Schrier.Also available: Print – v. 1-3., 2007
- 2008 SpringerWalter Krause.Male sexual health -- Structure and physiology of the testis -- Introduction -- The spermatozoa -- Sperm motility -- Capacitation and acrosome reaction -- Fertilization of the oocyte -- Testing substances that compromise spermatogenesis and fertility (adapted from Creasy 1997) -- Testosterone production and testosterone effects -- Physiology of erection -- Introduction -- Role of androgens in erection -- Priapism -- Physiology of ejaculation -- Drugs which compromise male sexual health -- Adverse drug effects -- Male sexual health and drugs -- Drugs which compromise testicular function -- Drugs which compromise erectile function -- Drugs which compromise ejaculation -- Database of drugs.
- 2009 SpringerRobert L. Bard.
- 2015 SpringerJacopo Martellucci, editor ; forewords by Ernest H.J. Weil and Klaus Matzel."This book will enable the reader to gain a sound understanding of contemporary and futuristic evidence-based interventions and assessment procedures for pelvic floor disorders. It gathers the experiences of some of the most important experts on electrical stimulation techniques, offering a multidisciplinary and problem-oriented approach organized according to therapeutic goals. Interventions are recommended that are consistent with theory and display clinical efficacy for specific disorders, including urinary incontinence or retention, fecal incontinence, constipation, pelvic pain, sexual dysfunction, and neurological diseases involving the pelvic floor. All of the surgical or rehabilitative techniques requiring electrical stimulation for the treatment of these disorders are explored, and essential background information is provided on functional anatomy, neurophysiology, and concepts in electrotherapy. This volume will be a very useful tool for urologists, general or colorectal surgeons, gynecologists, and anesthesiologists, and also physiotherapists and alternative medicine practitioners (a specific chapter focuses on electroacupuncture). It will assist in their clinical practice as they seek to help the very many patients who suffer from any of the wide range of functional pelvic floor disorders"--Publisher's description.
- 2007 SpringerM. Hohenfeller, R.A. Santucci (eds.).
- 2014 SpringerTasuku Harada, editor.Endometriosis is one of the most common gynecological diseases, causingpelvic pain, infertility, and cancer. The condition reduces the quality of life for the estimated 10% of menstruating women who are affected by it. This book provides a clear insight intothe pathogenesis and pathophysiology of endometriosis-essentialinformation forcliniciansintending to successfully treat the condition. The first part covers a range of topics including stem cells, NK cells, macrophages, inflammation, cytokines, epigenetics, prostaglandin, sex steroids, aromatase, apoptosis, nerve fibers, and malignant transformation to aid in understanding the pathogenesis and pathophysiology of the disease. The second part provides useful tools for therapy, specifically, notable recent techniques in prevention, imaging, biomarkers, medical treatments, surgical treatments, prevention of recurrence, and infertility treatments. Each chapter was written by an expert in the field, with nearly 40 researchers and clinicians contributing to the work. This book will be highly useful to clinicians as well as to research scientists who are interested in this enigmatic disease.
- 2007 SpringerJ.-U. Stolzenburg, M.T. Gettman, E.N. Liatsikos (eds.).
- 2006 SpringerS. Naito, Y. Hirao, T. Terachi (eds.).
- 2005 SpringerH. Kumon, M. Murai, S. Baba (eds.).Merging of endourology and oncology: endourooncology / A. El-Hakim, B.R. Lee, and A.D. Smith -- Surgical robots and three-dimensional displays for computer-aided surgery / T. Dohi -- Robot-assisted (Da Vinci) urologic surgery: an emerging frontier / A.K. Hemal and M. Menon -- Robotic surgery assisted by the ZEUS system / M. Eto and S. Naito -- Telesurgery: remote monitoring and assistance laparoscopy / T. Inagaki, S.B. Bhayani, and L.R. Kavoussi -- Remote percutaneous renal access using a telesurgical robotic system / B. Challacombe, L. Kavoussi, and D. Stoianovici -- Radiofrequency ablation for percutaneous treatment of malignant renal tumors / S. Kanazawa, T. Iguchi, K. Yasui, H. Mimura, T. Tsushima, and H. Kumon -- High-intensity focused ultrasound for noninvasive renal tumor thermoablation / A. Häckr, M.S. Michel, and K.U. Köhrmann -- High-intensity focused ultrasound (HIFU) for the treatment of localized prostate cancer / T. Uchida, H. Ohkusa, H. Yamashita, and Y. Nagata -- Renal cryoablation / K. Nakagawa and M. Murai -- Prostate cryoablation / B.J. Donnelly and J.C. Rewcastle -- Tumor control outcome and tolerance of permanent interstitial implanation for patients with clinically localized prostate cancer / Y. Nasu, F. Abarzua, and H. Kumon.
- 2015 SpringerMargus Viigimaa, Charalambos Vlachopoulos, Michael Doumas, editors.This concise guide to the often overlooked association between erectile dysfunction and hypertension/cardiovascular disease covers a wide range of aspects of importance to the clinician. It examines the impact of antihypertensive drug therapy on erectile function and explains how the management of erectile dysfunction in hypertensive patients depends on a variety of factors. Different treatment approaches are described, including lifestyle modification, PDE-5 inhibitors and other novel agents, and behavioral therapy, and helpful therapeutic algorithms are presented. A further focus of the book is the potential role of erectile dysfunction as an early diagnostic indicator of asymptomatic coronary artery disease and a prognostic marker for cardiovascular events. In addition, key background information is supplied on epidemiology and pathophysiology, and the significance of erectile dysfunction in different patient groups, such as the elderly and those with chronic kidney disease, is examined. Erectile dysfunction is a major public health problem affecting more than ten percent of the general male population and is now considered to be predominantly of vascular origin. This book will be informative and of practical value for all practitioners responsible for caring for the very many patients who experience erectile dysfunction in the setting of hypertension and cardiovascular disease.
- 2010 Springeredited by Stephen Y. Nakada and Sean P. Hedican.Getting started in laparascopy -- Laparoscopic instrumentation -- Laparoscopic access -- Laparoscopic and robotic pelvic lymphadenectomy -- Laparoscopic renal cyst decorticadtion -- Laparoscopic simple nephrectomy -- Laparoscopic readical nephrectomy: transperitoneal approach -- Laparoscopic radical nephrectomy -- Laparoscopic partial nephrectomy -- Laparoscopic nephroureterectomy -- Laparoscopic live donor nephrectomy -- Laparoscopic and robotic pyeloplasty -- Laparoscopic adrenalectomy -- Laparoscopic retroperitoneal lymph node dissection for nonseminomatous germ cell tumors -- Laparoscopic cystectomy and urinary diversion -- Laparoscopic radical cystectomy and urinary diversion with handport assistance -- Laparoscopic and robotic-assisted laparoscopic radical prostatectomy -- Complications of laparoscopic urologic surgery -- Laparoscopic renal ablation.
- 2012 SpringerJeannette M. Potts, editor.Extensively revised and updated, the second edition of Essential Urology: A Guide to Clinical Practice provides support to primary care physicians through its review of common genitourinary problems. This edition continues to provide the primary care physician with tools to better recognize urological diseases as well as updated management strategies for these disorders. To enhance the theme of comprehensive care and family medicine, the volume is formatted according to the life cycle and the urological challenges, which may be detected and diagnosed by primary care physicians respective of the patient's stage in life, beginning with pregnancy and in utero diagnoses. Pediatric themes such as infection and voiding dysfunctions are followed by adult urological topics ranging from prostate diseases, nephrolithiasis, overactive bladder syndromes, incontinence and urological cancer screening. Three new chapters are added addressing male infertility/andrology and the growing demand for integrative and alternative medical care of urologic patients, as well as commonly encountered dermatological problems in the genital area.Essential Urology: A Guide to Clinical Practice, Second Edition is extremely comprehensive and yet, very accessible. It is authored by experts representing the spectrum of urological subspecialties, further enhancing the value of this unique work.
- 2015 SpringerFarzeen Firoozi, editor.Female Pelvic Surgery provides a comprehensive, state-of-the-art surgical review of this field and will serve as a valuable resource for clinicians and surgeons. The text reviews the basic indications for treatment and details the many surgical approaches to the management of all pelvic floor disorders. In addition to step-by-step description in text, the volume provides illustrations/photographs of surgical techniques. Integration of surgical methods demonstrating the major repairs described in each section augment the textbook and serve as the tool for the education of clinicians and surgeons. Female Pelvic Surgery provides a concise and comprehensive review of all the surgical approaches to female pelvic surgery and thus it will serve as an extremely useful resource for physicians dealing with and interested in the treatment of pelvic floor disorders.
- 2007 Springeredited by Howard B. Goldman, Sandip P. Vasavada.
- 2008 ClinicalKey[edited by] Shlomo Raz, Larissa V. Rodríguez.
- 2015 SpringerStefan Thüroff, Christian G. Chaussy, editors.
- 2009 Springer[edited by] Luan D. Truong, Steven S. Shen, Jae Y. Ro.
- 2014 SpringerChunlin Hou, editor.One of the most common problems for spinal cord injury patients is urinary system dysfunction. The book Functional Bladder Reconstruction Following Spinal Cord Injury via Neural Approaches introduces how to solve this problem using multi-disciplinary approaches. From animal model studies to surgical techniques as well as successful case reports, six kinds of surgery are presented in separate chapters. This up-to-date monograph will be a valuable resource for surgeons, urologists and neurologists caring for spinal cord injury patients. The contributors are a group of surgeons working in the fields of orthopaedics and microsurgery.
- 2015 SpringerKazunori Kihara, editor.Chapter 1. Fundamentals of Gasless Single-Port RoboSurgeon Surgery -- Chapter 2. Gasless Single-Port RoboSurgeon Retroperitoneoscopic Radical Nephrectomy -- Chapter 3. Gasless Single-Port RoboSurgeon Retroperitoneoscopic Partial Nephrectomy -- Chapter 4. Gasless Two-Port Access RoboSurgeon Retroperitoneoscopic Radical Nephroureterectomy -- Chapter 5. Gasless Single-Port RoboSurgeon Retroperitoneoscopic Adrenalectomy -- Chapter 6. Gasless Single-Port RoboSurgeon Retroperitoneoscopic Radical Prostatectomy -- Chapter 7. Gasless Single-Port RoboSurgeon Total Cystectomy with Urinary Diversion -- Chapter 8. Gasless Single-Port RoboSurgeon Partial Cystectomy: A Hybrid Technique Combining an Intravesical and Extravesical approach -- Chapter 9. Gasless Single-Port RoboSurgeon Retroperitoneoscopic Pelvic Lymph Node Dissection and Inguinal Hernia Prevention -- Chapter 10. Application of the RoboSurgeon System in Medical Care.
- Genital cutting : protecting children from medical, cultural, and religious infringements; proceedings of the 11th International Symposium on Circumcision, Genital Integrity, and Human Rights, 29-31 July 2010, University of California-Berkeley2013 SpringerGeorge C. Denniston, Frederick M. Hodges, Marilyn Fayre Milos, editors.Tortured Bodies, Tortured Doctrines: Informed Consent as a Legal Fiction Inapplicable to Neonatal Male Circumcision -- Routine Infant Circumcision: Vital Issues that the Circumcision Proponents may be Overlooking -- The Smart Penis -- The Harm of Circumcision -- Evolution of Circumcision Methods: Not "Just a Snip" -- Penile Wounding: Complications of Routine Male Circumcision in a Typical American Family Practice -- Male Circumcision and the Potential for Unexplained Male Adolescent Suicide in Northern Ireland -- Healing the Harms of Circumcision: A Nursing Case Study -- Ten Years of Training: Family Medicine Residents as Conscientious Objectors to Circumcision -- Intersex Surgeries, Circumcision, and the Making of "Normal" -- Intersex Genital Autonomy: A Rights-Based Framework for Medical Intervention with Intersex Infants -- The SAR/ROHAN (The Possession): A Response of Somali Women to Pharaonic Circumcision/Infibulation (PhC) -- Genital Stretching Among the Venda Ethnic Group (South Africa) -- Male Circumcision Among the Venda of Limpopo (South Africa) -- Critique of African RCTs into Male Circumcision and HIV Sexual Transmission -- Randomized Controlled Trials for HIV/AIDS Prevention Among Men in Africa: Untraced Infections, Unasked Questions, and Unreported Data -- Dangerous Myths and Tragic Misconceptions: Fighting HIV and AIDS Cases in Africa with Male Circumcision Strategies -- Defying the Enlightenment: Jewish Ethnicity and Ethnic Circumcision -- Circumcision: Gender and Power -- Reclaiming Circumcision: Armenian Stories -- Self-Made Intactivism in the Middle East -- Genital Autonomy: A New Approach.
- 2015 Springeredited by Mukesh G. Harisinghani, Arumugam Rajesh.Covering all modalities currently used as well as emerging novel imaging tools, each chapter covers an aspect of Genitourinary Imaging with a comprehensive coverage of subspeciatlies. Genitourinary Imaging - A Case Based Approach closely mimics day to day clinical practice, and allows retention of pertinent practice information in an easy to understand format. Providing Genitourinary specific content in a portable form that can be used in close proximity to the PACS workstation, Genitourinary Imaging - A Case Based Approach is the perfect book for residents both in training and practicing as well as genitourinary radiologists worldwide.
- 2016 ClinicalKeySatomi Kawamoto, MD, Associate Professor of Radiology, The Russell H. Morgan Department of Radiology and Radiology and Radiological Science, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland, Katarzyna J. Macura, MD, PhD, FACR, FSCBTMR, Associate Professor of radiolgy, Urology, and Oncology, The Russell H. Morgan Department of Radiology and Radiological Science, The James Buchanan brady Urological Institute, The Sidney Kimmel Comprehensive Cancer Center, The John Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland.
- 2016 ClinicalKeyRon Zagoria, Ray Dyer, Christopher Brady.An introduction to radiologic methods -- The kidney and retroperitoneum : anatomy and congenital abnormalities / Raymond Dyer -- Renal masses / Ronald Zagoria -- The kidney : the diffuse parenchymal abnormality / Raymond Dyer -- The renal sinus, pelvocalyceal system, and ureter / Ronald Zagoria -- The lower urinary tract / Christopher Brady -- The female genital tract / Christopher Brady -- The male genital tract / Raymond Dyer -- Imaging of the adrenal glands / Christopher Brady -- Interventional genitourinary radiology / Ronald Zagoria.
- 2008 Springeredited by Jeanette M. Potts.
- 2015 SpringerCristina Magi-Galluzzi, Christopher G. Przybycin, editors.This book provides a comprehensive, state-of-the art review of the genitourinary tumor pathology field and the most contemporary insights regarding specimen submission, histologic morphology, immunohistochemistry, and molecular studies useful in the diagnosis of genitourinary neoplasms. Discussion of the clinical implications of pathological findings is contributed by renowned clinicians in the field. This handsome volume guides the reader through the intricacies of genitourinary tumor pathology, diagnosis, reporting, and prognosis. Written by experts in the field, Genitourinary Pathology: Practical Advances is of great value to anatomic pathologists, urologists, fellows in genitourinary pathology, as well as upper level residents training in pathology .
- 2015 ClinicalKeyedited by Ming Zhou, Cristina Magi-Galluzzi.Nonneoplastic diseases of the prostate / Kiril Trpkov -- Neoplastic diseases of the prostate / Ming Zhou, Cristina Magi-Galluzzi -- Nonneoplastic diseases of the urinary bladder / Fang-Ming Deng, Jonathan Melamed -- Neoplasms of the urinary bladder / Jesse K. McKenney, Ming Zhou, Cristina Magi-Galluzzi -- Nonneoplastic diseases of the kidney / Stephen M. Bonsib -- Neoplasms of the kidney / Ming Zhou, Eyas M. Hattab, John N. Eble, Liang Cheng -- Introduction to renal biopsy / Laura Barisoni, Lois J. Arend, David B. Thomas -- Diseases of the ureter and renal pelvis / Ximing J. Yang -- Diseases of penis, urethra, and scrotum / Rajal B. Shah -- Nonneoplastic diseases of the testis / Cristina Magi-Galluzzi, Howard S. Levin -- Neoplasms of the testis / Charles C. Guo.
- 2007 ClinicalKeyedited by Ming Zhou, Cristina Magi-Galluzzi.This volume in the Foundations in Diagnostic Pathology Series packs today's most essential genitourinary pathology know-how into a compact, high-yield format! Its pragmatic, well-organized approach, abundant full-color illustrations, and at-a-glance tables make the information you need easy to access. It covers both neoplastic and non-neoplastic diseases of the genitourinary system. Reviews normal histology before examining abnormal findings. Covers all of the most commonly seen neoplastic and non-neoplastic conditions of the genitourinary system. Uses a consistent, user-friendly format to explore each entity's clinical features pathologic features (gross and microscopic) ancillary studies differential diagnoses and prognostic and therapeutic considerations. Offers hundreds of full-color illustrations that demonstrate the key features of a wide variety of pathologic lesions.
- 2013 SpringerVikram S. Dogra, Gregory T. MacLennan, editors ; Ahmet Tuncay Turgut, Anastasia Canaci, associate editors ; Mehmet Ruhi Onur, assistant editor.1. Renal Neoplasms / Gregory T. MacLennan -- 2. Inflammatory Conditions of the Kidney / Gregory T. MacLennan -- 3. Cystic Diseases of the Kidney / Gregory T. MacLennan -- 4. Renal Calculus Disease / Can Zafer Karaman -- 5. Vascular Disorders of the Kidney / Gregory T. MacLennan -- 6. Medical Renal Disease and Transplantation Considerations / Gregory T. MacLennan -- 7. Non-neoplastic Disorders of the Renal Pelvis and Ureter / Gregory T. MacLennan -- 8. Neoplasms of the Renal Pelvis and Ureter / Gregory T. MacLennan -- 9. Renal and Ureteral Trauma / Vikram S. Dogra -- 10. Nonneoplastic Disorders of the Bladder / Gregory T. MacLennan -- 11. Neoplasms of the Bladder / Gregory T. MacLennan -- 12. Bladder Trauma / Musturay Karcaaltincaba -- 13. Congenital and Acquired Nonneoplastic Disorders of the Urethra / Gregory T. MacLennan -- 14. Neoplasms of the Urethra / Gregory T. MacLennan.
- 2013 SpringerVikram S. Dogra, Gregory T. MacLennan, editors.Contrast Materials and Contrast Reaction Management -- Congenital and Acquired Nonneoplastic Disorders of the Prostate and Seminal Vesicles -- Neoplasms of the Prostate and Seminal Vesicles -- Congenital and Acquired Nonneoplastic Disorders of the Spermatic Cord and Testicular Adnexae -- Neoplasms of the Spermatic Cord and Testicular Adnexae -- Congenital and Acquired Nonneoplastic Disorders of the Testis -- Neoplasms of the Testis -- Congenital and Acquired Nonneoplastic Disorders of the Penis and Scrotum -- Neoplasms of the Penis and Scrotum -- Congenital and Acquired Nonneoplastic Adrenal Diseases -- Adrenal Neoplasms -- Congenital and Acquired Nonneoplastic Retroperitoneal Disorders -- Retroperitoneal Neoplasms -- Imaging of Urinary Diversion and Neobladder.
- 2014 SpringerTomas Lindor Griebling, editor.Geriatric urology represents one of the largest overall sectors of care provided within the specialty of urology. As the incidence and prevalence of many clinical urologic conditions increase significantly in older adults, the practice of urology involves a need for advanced knowledge of the basic principles of geriatrics. Geriatric Urology outlines important topics in the care of elderly urology patients. The first section covers the biology of aging, changes in the genitourinary system, and common diseases including urologic conditions that may serve as warning signs of other disorders. Section two covers geriatric syndromes and implications for urologic care including frailty, polypharmacy, dementia, , and wound healing. Urologic conditions in older adults are explored in detail including urinary incontinence, pelvic organ prolapse, urinary tract infection, nocturia, and benign prostate diseases. Other topics covered include obtaining informed consent, development of advance directives, palliative medicine and care of the dying patient. Geriatric Urology is of great value to urologists, geriatricians, internists, residents and family practitioners.
- 2010 Ovideditors, Sam D. Graham, Jr., Thomas E. Keane ; consultant editor, James F. Glenn ; associate editors, Charles B. Brendler ... [et al.].Anatomy of the adrenal glands, kidney, ureter, and pelvis -- Partial nephrectomy -- Radical nephrectomy -- Intracaval tumors -- Transplant nephrectomy -- Renovascular disease -- Anatrophic nephrolithotomy -- Renal and retroperitoneal abscesses -- Renal trauma -- Renal allotransplantation -- Ureteral complications following renal transplantation -- Renal autotransplantation -- Anatomy of the bladder -- Simple and partial cystectomy -- Radical cystectomy in men -- Radical cystectomy in women -- Bladder diverticulectomy -- Bladder augmentation -- Management of the distal ureter for nephrourecterectomy -- Vesicovaginal fistula -- Enterovesical and rectourethral fistulas -- Vesical trauma and hemorrhage -- Interstitial cystitis/painful bladder syndrome -- Anatomy of the prostate -- Surgery for benign prostatic hypertrophy -- Prostatic imaging and biopsy -- Pelvic lymphadenectomy -- Open radical retropubic prostatectomy -- Radical perineal prostatectomy -- Brachytherapy for localized prostate cancer -- Anatomy of the urethra -- Female urethral diverticulum -- Reconstruction of the female urethra -- Surgical management of the incompetent bladder outlet in the patient with a neurogenic bladder -- Surgery for urethral stricture disease -- Surgery for urethral trauma including urethral disruption -- Carcinoma of the female urethra -- Carcinoma of the male urethra -- Injectable therapies for incontinence in women -- Pubovaginal fascial slings -- Synthetic midurethral retropubic slings -- The transobturator approach to the midurethral sling -- Abdominal retropubic approaches for female incontinence -- The artificial urinary sphincter -- The male sling for postprostatectomy incontinence: current concepts and controversies -- Sacral neuromodulation -- Surgical treatment of pelvic organ prolapse: anatomy of the pelvic floor -- Vaginal hysterectomy for uterine prolapse -- Cystocele and anterior vaginal prolapse -- Transvaginal repair of apical prolapse -- Posterior vaginal prolapse repair -- Abdominal sacral colpopexy -- Anatomy of the epididymis, vas deferens, and seminal vesicle -- Seminal vesicle and ejaculatory duct surgery -- Vasectomy.; Vasoepididymostomy -- Vasovasostomy -- Microsurgical varicocelectomy -- Testis biopsy and testicular sperm extraction (TESE) -- Epididymal sperm aspiration -- Epididymectomy -- Ejaculation induction procedures: penile vibratory stimulation and electroejaculation -- Anatomy of the testis -- Simple orchiectomy -- Inguinal orchiectomy -- Organ-preserving surgery in testicular tumors -- Retroperitoneal lymphadenectomy -- Torsion of the testicle -- Scrotal trauma and reconstruction -- Anatomy of the penis and scrotum -- Partial and total penectomy in the management of invasive squamous cell carcinoma of the penis -- Inguinal lymphadenectomy for penile carcinoma -- Surgical treatment of Peyronie disease -- Priapism -- Penile prosthesis implantation -- Penile venous surgery -- Microvascular arterial bypass surgery for erectile dysfunction -- Penile trauma -- Penile replantation -- Varicocele: general considerations -- Hydrocele and spermatocele -- Congenital curvature -- Reconstruction of the penis for complications of penile enhancement surgery -- Ileal conduit urinary diversion -- Transverse colonic conduit -- Managing the with patient orthotopic bladder substitution -- Orthotopic urinary diversion using in ileal low-pressure reservoir with an afferent tubular segment -- Ileal neobladder -- The Padua ileal bladder -- The T-pouch ileal neobladder -- Colonic orthotopic bladder substitution -- Continent catheterizable reservoir made from ileum -- Continent catheterizable reservoir made from colon -- Ureterosigmoidostomy: Mainz pouch II -- Palliative urinary diversion -- Neuroblastoma -- Wilms tumor -- Renal fusion and ectopia -- Transureteroureterostomy -- Pyeloplasty -- Megaureter -- Prune belly (triad) syndrome -- Childhood rhabdomyosarcoma -- Vesicoureteral reflux -- Endoscopic treatment of vesicoureteral reflux -- Ureteroceles -- Urachal anomalies and related umbilical disorders -- Vesical neck reconstruction -- Surgery for posterior urethral valves -- Hypospadias -- Complete primary repair for exstrophy -- Bladder exstrophy and epispadias -- Congenital anomalies of the scrotum -- Pediatric cryptorchidism, hydroceles, and hernias -- Laparoscopic management of the undescended testicle -- Pediatric laparoscopic pyeloplasty -- Pediatric laparoscopic nephrectomy and partial nephrectomy.; Urogenital sinus and cloacal anomalies -- Surgery to correct ambiguous genitalia (46XX disorder of sexual development) -- Circumcision -- Augmentation cystoplasty in children -- The mitrofanoff procedure in pediatric urinary tract reconstruction -- Basic principles of laparoscopy: transperitoneal, extraperitoneal, and hand-assisted techniques -- Laparoscopic pelvic and retroperitoneal lymph node dissection -- Laparoscopic nephrectomy and partial nephrectomy -- Laparoscopic nephroureterectomy -- Laparoscopic renal procedures: renal cystectomy, biopsy, and nephropexy -- Laparoscopic ablation of small renal masses -- Donor nephrectomy: laparoscopic techniques -- Laparoscopic and robotically assisted pyeloplasty in adults -- Laparoscopic adrenalectomy -- Laparoscopic and robotic radical prostatectomy -- Laparoscopic management of lymphoceles -- Laparoscopic bladder procedures: radical cystectomy, partial cystectomy, urachal excision, diverticulectomy -- Laparoscopic bladder neck suspension -- Miscellaneous laparoscopic urologic procedures: calculus, varicocele, ureterolysis -- Tissue-engineering strategies for urogenital repair -- Image-guided therapy: current practice and future directions -- Robotic surgery -- Energy sources in urology.Also available: Print – 2010
- 2011 SpringerPrasad P. Godbole, Martin A. Koyle, Duncan T. Wilcox (Editors).Urinary tract infection: USA -- Urinary tract infection: United Kingdom -- Urinary tract infection: Europe -- Urinary tract infection: Australasia -- Abnormalities of the scrotum -- Disorders of male external genitalia: problems of the penis and foreskin -- Disorders of male external genitalia: hypospadias, epispadias, concealed penis, and urethral disorders -- Disorders of male external genitalia: undescended testis -- Disorders of male external genitalia: circumcision -- Disorders of the female external genitalia -- Disorders of elimination: voiding dysfunction -- Disorders of elimination: nocturnal enuresis -- Disorders of elimination: constipation -- Hematuria and proteinuria -- Abdominal pain: urological aspects -- External angular dermoid and pilomatrixoma -- Neck swellings/lumps: midline neck swellings -- Neck swellings/lumps: lateral neck lumps -- Neck swellings/lumps: torticollis -- Umbilical disorders -- Surgical aspects of abdominal pain -- Approach to abdominal masses -- Gastro-esophageal reflux disease -- Rectal bleeding -- Intestinal obstruction -- Unique considerations in the neonate and infant: bile-stained vomiting in the neonate -- Unique considerations in the neonate and infant: pyloric stenosis -- Unique considerations in the neonate and infant: intussusception -- Hemangioma and lymphangioma.
- 2008 ClinicalKey[edited by] Allen R. Nissenson, Richard N. Fine.
- 2008 SpringerHashim Hashim, Paul Abrams, and Roger Dmochowski (eds.).1. Sutures and scalpels / Hashim Hashim -- 2. Electrosurgical diathermy / Hashim Hashim -- 3. Urinary catheters / Hashim Hashim -- 4. Urological endoscopic equipment / Hashim Hashim -- 5. Local anesthesia and nerve blocks / Hashim Hashim -- 6. Reduction of torsion of testis and fixation / Hashim Hashim and Paul Abrams -- 7. Simple and subcapsular orchidectomies (orchiectomies) / Hashim Hashim and Paul Abrams -- 8. Radical orchidectomy (orchiectomy) / Hashim Hashim and Paul Abrams -- 9. Insertion of testicular prosthesis (implant) / Hashim Hashim and Paul Abrams -- 10. Testicular biopsy / Hashim Hashim and Paul Abrams -- 11. Hydrocele repair in adults / Hashim Hashim and Paul Abrams -- 12. Excision of epididymal cyst or spermatocele / Hashim Hashim and Paul Abrams -- 13. Vasectomy / Hashim Hashim and Paul Abrams -- 14. Epididymectomy / Hashim Hashim and Paul Abrams -- 15. Inguinal orchidopexy (orchiopexy) / Hashim Hashim and Paul Abrams -- 16. Varicocelectomy / Hashim Hashim and Paul Abrams -- 17. Circumcision / Christopher Wolter and Roger Dmochowski -- 18. Optical urethrotomy / Christopher Wolter and Roger Dmochowski -- 19. Urethral dilation / Christopher Wolter and Roger Dmochowski -- 20. Injectables / Christopher Wolter, Roger Dmochowski and Hashim Hashim -- 21. Transrectal ultrasound scan and biopsy of the prostate / Hashim Hashim and Paul Abrams -- 22. Urodynamics / Christopher Wolter and Roger Dmochowski -- 23. Flexible cystoscopy / Christopher Wolter and Roger Dmochowski -- 24. Rigid cystoscopy / Christopher Wolter and Roger Dmochowski 124 -- 25. Suprapubic catheterization / Christopher Wolter and Roger Dmochowski -- 26. Cystodiathermy / Christopher Wolter and Roger Dmochowski -- 27. Cystodistension (hydrodistension) / Hashim Hashim and Paul Abrams -- 28. Extracorporeal shockwave lithotripsy (ESWL) / Christopher Wolter and Roger Dmochowski -- 29. Insertion of double-J stent / Christopher Wolter and Roger Dmochowski -- 30. Retrograde pyelography / Hashim Hashim and Paul Abrams -- 31. Ureteroscopy (semi-rigid) / Hashim Hashim and Paul Abrams.
- 2014 ebraryedited by J. Kellogg Parson, John B. Eifler, Misop Han.Section 1. Infections -- section 2. Urinary lithiasis -- section 3. Reproductive and sexual function -- section 4. Emergency urology -- section 5. Urine storage and emptying -- section 6. Oncology -- section 7. Congenital and acquired disease.
- 2004 Ovideditors, Mike B. Siroky, Robert D. Oates, Richard K. Babayan.
- 2009 ClinicalKeyFrank Hinman Jr., Laurence S. Baskin ; illustrated by Paul H. Stempen ; illustrations supplemented by Jeanne Koelling.Preoperative Evaluation -- Preparation for Surgery -- Intraoperative Monitoring -- Operative Management -- Postoperative Care and Pain Management -- Perioperative Techniques -- Laparoscopic Techniques in Children -- Selection of the Incision -- Anterior Subcostal Incision -- Anterior Transverse (Chevron) Incision -- Midline Transperitoneal Incision -- Subcostal Incision -- Transcostal Incision -- Supracostal Incision -- Dorsal Lumbotomy -- Repair of Pleural Tear -- Splenorrhaphy and Splenectomy -- Repair of Flank Incisional Hernia -- Laparoscopic Renal Surgery -- Introduction to Kidney Reconstruction -- Pyeloureteroplasty -- Nephrostomy -- Ureterostomy in Situ -- Open Renal Biopsy -- Repair of Renal Injuries -- Simple Nephrectomy -- Partial Nephrectomy -- Pediatric Heminephrectomy -- Radical Nephrectomy -- Excision of Wilms' Tumor -- Renal Transplant Recipient -- Living Donor Nephrectomy -- Preparation and Approaches to Adrenal Surgery -- Surgical Approaches to the Adrenals -- Excision of Neuroblastoma -- Introduction to Ureteroneocystostomy -- Transvesical Advancement Technique -- Distal Tunnel Reimplantation -- Transtrigonal Technique -- Sheath Approximation Technique -- Extravesical Trough Technique -- Detrusorrhaphy (Modifications of the Lich-Gregoir Technique) -- Laparoscopic Extravesical Ureteroneocystostomy (Lich-Gregoir Adaptation) -- External Tunnel Method -- Revision Transplant Ureter -- Endoscopic Reflux Correction -- Ureteroneocystostomy with Tailoring -- Ureteral Tailoring (Folding) Technique -- Ureteroneocystostomy for Duplicated Ureters -- Ureteroureterostomy for Duplicated Ureters -- Ureteropyelostomy -- Transureteroureterostomy -- Transureteroureterostomy with Cutaneous Stoma -- Calycoureterostomy -- Ileal Ureteral Replacement -- Ureterocele Repair -- Endoscopic Ureterocele Decompression -- Psoas Hitch Procedure -- Bladder Flap Repair -- Renal Autotransplantation -- Ventriculoureteral Shunt -- Lower Midline Extraperitoneal Incision -- Lower Abdominal Transverse Incision -- Gibson Incision -- Mobilization of the Omentum -- Posterior Midline Approach to the Bladder Neck -- Pubovaginal Sling -- Trigonal Tubularization -- Vesical Neck Tubularization -- Intravesical Urethral Lengthening -- Bladder Neck Wraps -- Insertion of Artificial Sphincter -- Closure of Vesical Neck -- Vesical Exstrophy Primary Complete Closure -- Modern Staged Reconstruction for Vesical Exstrophy -- Plastic Correction of Exstrophy Suprapubic Defect -- Umbilicoplasty -- Cloacal Repair -- Cloacal Exstrophy -- Prune-Belly Syndrome: Reduction Cystoplasty, Abdominal Repair, and Umbilicoplasty -- Closure of Rectourethral Fistula -- Excision of Urachus -- Introduction to Noncontinent Diversion -- Suprapubic Cystostomy -- Pediatric Vesicostomy -- Fetal Intervention Vesicoamniotic Shunt -- Cutaneous Ureterostomy, Transureteroureterostomy, and Pyelostomy -- Transverse Colon Conduit -- Ureteroileostomy (Ileal Conduit) -- Introduction to Catheterizable Channels -- Appendicovesicostomy -- Ileovesicostomy -- Continent Vesicostomy -- Malone Antegrade Continence Enema -- Colon Flap Continence Channel -- Introduction to Bladder Augmentation -- Ileocystoplasty -- T-Pouch Hemi-Kock Procedure -- Colocystoplasty and Sigmoidocystoplasty -- Gastrocystoplasty -- Ureterocystoplasty -- Autoaugmentation -- Introduction to Continent Urinary Diversion -- Ileal Cecal Colonic Reservoir -- Ileal Reservoir with Ileal Catheterizable Channel -- Ureterosigmoidostomy -- Testis Biopsy -- Inguinal Orchiopexy (Open Technique) -- Scrotal Orchiopexy -- Orchiopexy for Abdominal Testes -- High Ligation Orchiopexy -- Low Ligation Orchiopexy -- Redo Orchiopexy -- Microvascular Orchiopexy -- Laparoscopic Orchiopexy Techniques -- Simple Orchiectomy -- Laparoscopic Orchiectomy -- Radical Orchiectomy -- Reduction of Testicular Torsion -- Repair of Testicular Injury -- Insertion of Testicular Prosthesis -- Inguinal Hernia Repair -- Correction of Hydrocele -- Introduction to Varicocele Ligation -- Subinguinal Varicocelectomy -- Abdominal and Inguinal Approaches to Varicocele Ligation -- Laparascopic Varicocelectomy -- Introduction to Hypospadias Repair -- Vascularized Pedicle Flaps -- Bladder Epithelial Grafts -- Buccal Mucosal Graft -- Preputial Skin Graft -- Penile Curvature -- Dorsal Tunica Albuginea Plication (TAP Procedure) and Elliptical Excision Technique -- Dermal Graft -- Glansplasty -- Skin Coverage -- Meatoplasty and Glanuloplasty (MAGPI Repair) -- Glans Approximation Procedure -- Pyramid Procedure for Repair of the Megameatus: Intact Prepuce Hypospadias Variant -- Perimeatal-Based Flap Repair -- Balanitic Groove Hypospadias Repair -- Transverse Preputial Onlay Island Flap -- Tubularized Plate Urethroplasty -- Incision of the Urethral Plate (Snodgrass Modification) -- Transverse Tubularized Preputial Island Flap -- Onlay Urethroplasty with Parameatal Foreskin Flap -- Free Tube Graft -- Two-Stage Primary Skin Repair -- Two-Stage Revision Buccal Mucosa Hypospadias Repair -- Penoscrotal Transposition Repair -- Foreskin Preservation -- Closure of Urethrocutaneous Fistula -- Excision of Male Urethral Diverticulum -- Meatotomy -- Circumcision -- Repair of Circumcision Injuries -- Concealed (Buried) and Webbed Penis -- Penile Torsion -- Epispadias Repair: Penile Disassembly -- Epispadias Repair -- Introduction to Genital Repair in Patients with Disorders of Sex Development -- Vaginoplasty -- Vaginoplasty Using Urogenital Sinus -- Clitoroplasty -- Vaginal Reconstruction: Skin Inlay -- Sigmoid Vaginal Reconstruction -- Thigh Flap Vagina and Tissue Expansion -- Repair of Penile Injuries -- Construction of the Penis -- Female Urethrovaginal Fistula -- Female Urethral Construction -- Urethral Prolapse -- Posterior Urethral Valves -- Excision of Utricular (Mullerian Duct) Cyst.
- 2012 ClinicalKey[edited by] Joseph A. Smith, Jr., Stuart S. Howards, Glenn M. Preminger ; illustrated by William Winn.Regarded as the most authoritative surgical atlas in the field, Hinman's Atlas of Urologic Surgery brings you the detailed visual guidance and unmatched expertise you need to confidently perform virtually any urologic surgical procedure. Detailed color illustrations and clinical photographs-all accompanied by commentary from leading urologists-lead you step by step through each technique. Instructions and commentary from a veritable "who's who" in urologic surgery equip you to successfully deliver optimal results. Know what to do and expect with comprehensive coverage of nearly every surgical procedure you might need to perform. Get a true-to-life view of each operation through illustrations and full-color photographs shown from the surgeon's perspective. Find answers fast thanks to a quick, clear, and easy-to-use format - ideal for residents as well as experienced surgeons. Turn to the companion reference, Hinman's Atlas of UroSurgical Anatomy, 2nd Edition, for a more in-depth view of the complex structures you must navigate when performing any procedure.
- 2012 ClinicalKeyGregory T. MacLennan ; illustrated by late Paul H. Stempen.Venous system -- Lymphatic system -- Peripheral nervous system -- Skin -- Gastrointestinal tract -- Anterolateral body wall -- Posterolateral and posterior body wall -- Inguinal region -- Pelvis -- Perineum -- Organs -- Kidney, ureter, and adrenal glands -- Bladder, ureterovesical junction, and rectum -- Prostate and urethral sphincters -- Female genital tract and urethra -- Penis and male urethra -- Testis.
- 2009 SpringerAlberto Rosenblatt, Homero Gustavo de Campos Guidi.
- 2012 Springeredited by Simon Bott, Uday Patel, Bob Djavan, Peter R. Caroll.Introduction -- The Production of Radiological and Histopathological Images -- Kidneys and Ureters -- The Adrenal -- The Retroperitoneum -- The Bladder -- The Prostate -- The Testes and Their Adnexae -- The Penis -- Urodynamics.
- 2013 SpringerThomas J. Polascik, editor.Imaging and Focal Therapy of Early Prostate Cancer evaluates the scientific evidence for the evolving trend to treat low to intermediate risk, clinically localized prostate cancer in a focally ablative manner with novel gland-preserving, focal therapy methods. Various ablative devices such as high intensity focused ultrasound, irreversible electroporation, photodynamic therapy, cryotherapy and laser ablation, among others, are discussed in regard to their strengths and limitations as a therapeutic modality. Emphasis is placed on tumor stage shift towards early stage disease with an increase in unilateral versus bilateral cancers validated by final pathology assessment of large prostatectomy series. Current and new approaches to image cancer foci within the prostate (3-Dimensional contrast-enhanced transrectal ultrasonography, multiparametric magnetic resonance image with spectroscopy, ETC) are presented along with biopsy techniques to map prostate cancer. Patient selection, treatment strategy, outcomes and safety concerns that may provide acceptable cancer control and improved quality of life for patients are all covered in detail. Written by experts in the field and lavishly illustrated with detailed line-art and photographs, Imaging and Focal Therapy of Early Prostate Cancer is a resourceful volume beneficial to practitioners specializing in the treatment and management of prostate cancer.
- 2012 SpringerSteve Payne, Ian Eardley, Kieran O'Flynn, editors.Part 1. Imaging: Radiology -- Principles of X-Ray Production and Radiation Protection / Christopher T. L. Wilkinson -- How to Perform a Clinical Radiograph and Use a C-Arm / Christopher T. L. Wilkinson -- Contrast Agents / Paul M. Taylor -- How to Do an IVU / Paul M. Taylor -- Dual Energy X-Ray Absorptiometry (DXA) / Richard Whitehouse -- The Physics of Ultrasound / Paul M. Taylor -- How to Ultrasound a Suspected Renal Mass / Michael J. Weston -- How to Ultrasound a Painful Testis and a Testicular Mass / Michael J. Weston -- How to Perform a Transrectal Ultrasound Scan and Prostate Biopsy / Fady Youssef and John B. Anderson -- How to Manage a Hydronephrotic Kidney / Michael J. Weston -- Principles of Computed Tomography (CT) / Catherine O'Dwyer -- How to Do a CT Urogram (CTU) / Paul M. Taylor -- How to Do a CT in a Patient with Presumed Upper Tract Trauma / Jonathan Smith -- Principles of Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) / Jonathan Smith -- How to Do an MRI of the Pelvis / Jonathan Smith -- Magnetic Resonance Angiography (MRA) / Kieran O'Flynn -- Vascular Embolisation Techniques in Urology / Alistair Cowie. Part 2. Imaging: Nuclear Medicine -- Radionuclides and Their Uses in Urology / Richard Lawson -- Counting and Imaging in Nuclear Medicine / Richard Lawson -- Principles of Positron Emission Tomography (PET) Scanning / Heather A. Williams -- How to Do a Renogram / Mary Prescott -- How to Do a Diuresis Renogram / Mary Prescott -- How to Do a DMSA Scan / Jackie James -- How to Do a Radioisotope Glomerular Filtration Rate Study / Richard Lawson -- How to Do a Bone Scan / Mary Prescott -- How to Do a Transplant Renogram / Mary Prescott -- Dynamic Sentinel Lymph Node Biopsy in Penile Cancer / Hussain M. Alnajjar and Nicholas A. Watkin -- Part 3. Technology: Diagnostic -- Urinalysis / David G. Ross -- Principles of Urine Microscopy and Microbiological Culture / Chinari P. K. Subudhi -- Measurement of Glomerular Filtration Rate (GFR) / Stephen Brown -- Metabolic Assessment of Urinary Tract Stones / Adrian D. Joyce -- Principles of Pressure Measurement / Ian Pearce -- Principles of Measurement of Urinary Flow / Richard Napier-Hemy -- How to Carry Out a Videocystometrogram (VCMG) / Alexander Springer, Ian Eardley and Ramnath Subramaniam -- The Whitaker Test / Jeremy Oates and Kieran O'Flynn -- Sphincter Electromyography (EMG) / Katherine E. Burnett and Christopher D. Betts -- Tumour Markers / Richard Khafagy and William Cross -- Urine Cytology / William Cross and Richard Khafagy -- Histopathological Processing, Staining, and Immuno-histochemistry / Lorna McWilliam. Part 4. Technology: Operative -- Principles of Urological Endoscopes / Luke Gordon -- Rigid Endoscope Design / Luke Gordon -- Light Sources, Light Leads, and Camera Systems / Stuart N. Lloyd and Adrian D. Joyce -- Peripherals for Endoscopic Use / Stuart N. Lloyd and Steve Payne -- Peripherals for Laparoscopic Use / Andrew Sinclair -- Peripherals for Mechanical Stone Manipulation / Karyee Chow -- Contact Lithotripters / Steve Payne -- Endoscopic Use of Laser Energy / Omar Al Kadhi and Tev Aho -- Double J Stents and Nephrostomy / Steve Payne -- Urinary Catheters, Design, and Usage / Dave Shackley -- Prostatic and Urethral Stents / Ian Eardley -- Urological Prosthetics / Duncan J. Summerton and Ian Eardley -- Meshes in Stress Urinary Incontinence and Pelvic Organ Prolapse / Neil Harris -- Biological Meshes / Ian Eardley, Giulio Garaffa and David J. Ralph -- Principles of Tissue Transfer in Urology / Giulio Garaffa, David J. Ralph and Ian Eardley -- Theatre Design and Patient Safety / Pat McHugh and Steve Payne -- Deep Venous Thrombosis (DVT) Prevention / Pat McHugh -- Principles of Decontamination / Geoff J. H. Sjogren and Ralph Beard -- Operative Tissue Destruction / Steve Payne -- Sutures and Clips / Derek Fawcett -- Monopolar Diathermy / Kieran O'Flynn -- Bipolar Diathermy / Kieran O'Flynn -- Alternatives to Electrosurgery / Adrian D. Joyce -- Haemostatic Agents, Sealants, and Adhesives / Ian Eardley -- Irrigation Fluids and Their Hazards / Stuart N. Lloyd -- Insufflants and Their Hazards / Stephen Bromage and Andrew Sinclair -- Laparoscopic Ports / Ben Sherwood and Dan Burke -- Setting up a Robot / Ben Sherwood and Dan Burke. Part 5. Technology: Interventional -- Neuromodulation by Sacral Nerve Stimulation / Cecile Tawadros, Katherine E. Burnett and Christopher D. Betts -- Principles of Extracorporeal Shockwave Lithotripsy (ESWL) / Richard Napier-Hemy and Steve Payne -- How to Carry Out Shockwave Lithotripsy / David G. Ross -- Prostatic Hyperthermia / Ian Pearce -- Ablative Therapies: High-Intensity Focused Ultrasound (HIFU), Cryotherapy, and Radio-Frequency Ablation (RFA) / Stephen Brown -- Principles of Radiotherapy / John P. Logue -- Electro-Motive Drug Administration (EMDA) / Vijay Sangar -- Part 6. Technology of Renal Failure -- Principles of Renal Replacement Therapy (RRT) / Colin D. Short -- Principles of Peritoneal Dialysis / Philip A. Kalra -- Haemodialysis / Rosie Donne -- Principles of Renal Transplantation / Neil R. Parrott -- Part 7. Assessment of Technology -- Randomised Controlled Trials (RCTs) / Kieran O'Flynn -- Health Technology Assessment / Robert Pickard, Michael Drinnan and Luke Vale.
- 2010 SpringerUday Patel.Part 1. The Bladder -- The Normal Bladder -- Imaging Modalities Used for Assessment of the Bladder -- Congenital Anomalies of the Bladder -- Intraluminal Abnormalities of the Bladder -- Abnormalities of the Bladder Wall or Mural Abnormalities -- Staging of Bladder Cancer -- Abnormal Bladder Contour or Size -- Functional Abnormalities of the Bladder -- Part 2. The Urethra -- The Normal Urethra -- Congenital Anomalies of the Urethra -- Intraluminal Abnormalities and Filling Defects of the Urethra -- Intrinsic Abnormalities of the Urethral Wall -- Lower Urinary Tract Trauma -- Neoplasms of the Urethra.
- 2009 SpringerJean J.M.C.H. de la Rosette, Michael J. Manyak, Mukesh G. Harisinghani, Hessel Wijkstra, editors ; forewords by Peter L. Choyke and John M. Fitzpatrick.
- Active surveillance for localized prostate cancer : a new paradigm for clinical management — Imaging in oncological urology (100)
- Imaging of urinary tract diverticula — Prostate cancer-- a patient's guide (100)
- Prostate cancer diagnosis : PSA, biopsy and beyond — Vaginal surgery for the urologist. 1st ed. (95)
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- AAP Red Book Online
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Sabiston Textbook of Surgery
- Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics
- Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics
- Mandell, Douglas, & Bennett's Principles & Practice of Infectious Diseases
- Red Book Online
- ICU Book
- Primary Care Medicine
- Campbell-Walsh Urology
Access restricted to Stanford community
Shortcut to Licensed Content
TO INSTALL, DRAG THIS BUTTON to your browser Bookmarks or Tools Bar.
Bookmark on Other Websites
- TO INSTALL, RIGHT CLICK this button.
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
- Once installed it will look like this
- Click "Bookmark on Lane" to bookmark any webpage
- Your saved bookmark will appear on this page
Can't find it?
Look if we have it in print
- Springer Protocols
- Lange Series
- National Academy Press
- NCBI Bookshelf
- Thieme Atlases
A repository of medical knowledge from internal medicine, cardiology, genetics, pharmacy, diagnosis and management, basic sciences, patient care, and more.
Continuously expanding, all databases in the repository contain the latest editions of selected medical titles.MicroMedex: Premier pharmaceutical information source containing multiple databases and drug reference tools. Of particular value is DRUGDEX Evaluations, one of the most comprehensive drug sources available.DynaMed is a clinical information resource used by physicians to answer clinical questions quickly and easily at the point of care. Topics are updated daily as new evidence becomes available.Scopus is the largest abstract and citation database of peer-reviewed literature: scientific journals, books and conference proceedings.A drug information resource containing: American Hospital Formulary System (AHFS), drug formulary for Lucile Packard Children's Hospital (LPCH) and Stanford Hospital & Clinics (SHC), Lexi-Drugs (adverse reactions, dosage and administration, mechanism of action, storage, use, and administration information), Lexi-Calc, Lexi-ID, Lexi-I.V. Compatibility (King Guide), Lexi-Interact, and Lexi-PALS.Cumulative Index to Nursing and Allied Health Literature (CINAHL) contains coverage of nursing and allied health literature.A knowledge database that provides access to topic reviews based on over 6000 clinically relevant articles. The evidence-based content, updated regularly, provides the latest practice guidelines in 59 medical specialtiesProvides critical assessments of systematic reviews compiled from a variety of medical journals.Selects from the biomedical literature original studies and systematic reviews that are immediately clinically relevant and then summarizes these articles in an enhanced abstract with expert commentary.
Multidisciplinary coverage of over 10,000 high-impact journals in the sciences, social sciences, and arts and humanities, as well as international proceedings coverage for over 120,000 conferences.
Includes cited reference searching, citation maps, and an analyze tool.
Features systematic reviews that summarize the effects of interventions and makes a determination whether the intervention is efficacious or not.
Cochrane reviews are created through a strict process of compiling and analyzing data from multiple randomized control trials to ensure comprehensiveness and reliability.Provides systematic coverage of the psychological literature from the 1800s to the present through articles, book chapters and dissertations.BMJ Clinical Evidence. A clinical information tool built around systematic reviews summarizing the current state of knowledge about prevention and treatment of clinical conditions.PIER (Physicians' Information and Education Resource) is a Web-based decision-support tool designed for rapid point-of-care delivery of up-to-date, evidence-based guidance for primary care physicians.Cochrane Central Register of Controlled Trials (CENTRAL) provides access to 300,000 controlled trials that have been identified the Cochrane Collaboration.Provides drug information targeted for patients.A continually updating drug monograph.The National Guideline Clearinghouse (NGC): A comprehensive database of evidence-based clinical practice guidelines and related documents.MedlinePlus: A repository of health information from the National Library of Medicine. Links are from trusted sites. No advertising, no endorsement of commercial companies or productsLPCH CareNotes via MicroMedex: Patient education handouts customized by LPCH clinical staffMicromedex Lab Advisor: Evidence based laboratory test informationA drug database organized by generic name, trade name and drug class.LPCH / Stanford Hospital Formulary.A goldmine of trusted consumer health information from the world's largest medical library.A trusted source of expert advice for and about kids, providing the information necessary to help patients and parents understand their unique needs.Provides patient handouts from the American Academy of Family Physician.Access to the Stanford Health Library for patients.Lane provides access to over 5,000 eBooks many of which provide helpful background material that will prepare you to better tackle primary literature.
Largest, broadest eBook package; covers all sciences, as well as technology (including software), medicine, and humanities.
In addition to covering Wiley and Springer, MyiLibrary is also the only provider for Oxford and Cambridge University Press titles. No seat restrictions.A collection of biomedical books that can be searched directly by concept, and linked to terms in PubMed abstracts.
A web-based, decision support system for infectious diseases, epidemiology, microbiology and antimicrobial chemotherapy. The database, updated weekly, currently includes 337 diseases, 224 countries, 1,147 microbial taxa and 306 antibacterial (-fungal, -parasitic, -viral) agents and vaccines.
Over 10,000 notes outline the status of specific infections within each country.
Provides online, full-text access to Springer's journal titles as well as journals from other publishers.
Subjects include: life sciences, chemical sciences, environmental sciences, geosciences, computer science, mathematics, medicine, physics and astronomy, engineering and economics. Also includes eBooks.Collection of over 8 thousand fulltext titles in engineering, math, and basic and applied biomedical research. Coverage is from 1967 to the present.A library of ebooks on a wide array of topics, digitized and made available online in conjunction with the original publishers.