Books by Subject
UrologyAccess restricted to Stanford unless otherwise noted
- Active surveillance for localized prostate cancer a new paradigm for clinical management 2012, Springer
- Adult and pediatric urology. 4th ed. 2002, Ovid
- Advanced endourology the complete clinical guide 2006, Springer
- Advanced imaging of the abdomen 2006, Springer
- Since the publication of the first edition of Urethral Reconstructive Surgery, important refinements have been added to the urologic surgical armamentarium. Extensively revised and updated, Advanced Male Urethral and Genital Reconstructive Surgery, Second Edition guides urologists in a practical manner on how to evaluate and manage complex urethral and male genital reconstructive challenges. Chapters have been added on wound healing, synchronous urethral strictures, non-transecting anastomotic urethroplasty (including muscle and vessel sparing), overlapping buccal grafts, male urethral slings, genital skin grafting, Peyronies surgery, priapism, pediatric strictures, and prosthetics. Such chapters greatly strengthen the overall appeal of the book. The volume closes with a new comprehensive appendix of preferred instruments. With broad contributions by international authorities in reconstructiveurologic surgery, Advanced Male Urethral and Genital Reconstructive Surgery, Second Edition is a valuable resource for all urologists, from residents to reconstructive surgeons.
- Anatomic study of the clitoris and the bulbo-clitoral organ 2014, Springer"This eagerly awaited book offers a unique, comprehensive scientific study of the anatomy of the organ of female sexual pleasure. The authors use macroscopic and microscopic research to guide the reader from the glans, the visible part of the clitoris, where they explore the impressive sensory corpuscles, to the hidden roots of the bulbo-clitoral organ. They show its complexity, its exact location within the external genitalia and its intimate relationship with the urethro-vaginal pyramid. They also remind us that throughout history there has been a failure to understand this organ, and explain that this misunderstanding remains the cause of persistent excisions, criminal mutilating practices that have not yet been eradicated. Using extensive iconography, they demonstrate throughout this book that the bulbo-clitoral organ is an exceptional natural treasure that every woman possesses and that every man should know well."--Publisher's website.
- Androgen action in prostate cancer 2009, SpringerAndrogen action and modulation of prostate and prostate cancer growth : an historical perspective / Shutsung Liao ... [et al.] -- Clinical progression to castration-recurrent prostate cancer / Mark Pomerantz and Philip Kantoff -- Differential roles of androgen receptor in prostate development and cancer progression / Shuyuan Yeh ... [et al.] -- Imaging androgen receptor function in vivo / Michael Carey and Lily Wu -- Increased expression of genes converting adrenal androgens to testosterone in castration-recurrent prostate cancer / Steven P. Balk -- Androgen-metabolic genes in prostate cancer predisposition and progression / Juergen K.V. Reichardt and Ann W. Hsing -- Effect of steroid 5[alpha]-reductase inhibitors on markers of tumor regression and proliferation in prostate cancer / Lynn N. Thomas and Roger S. Rittmaster -- 5[alpha]-reductase isozymes in castration-recurrent prostate cancer / Mark A. Titus and James L. Mohler -- Improving intermittent androgen-deprivation therapy : OFF cycle and the role of steroid 5[alpha]-reductase inhibitors / Shubham Gupta, Daniel Shevrin, and Zhou Wang -- Insights from AR gene mutations / Grant Buchanan ... [et al.] -- Functional motifs of the androgen receptor / Elizabeth M. Wilson -- The role of the androgen receptor polyglutamine tract in prostate cancer : in mice and men / Diane M. Robbins -- The androgen receptor coactivator-binding interface / Eva Estébanez-Perpiñá and Robert J. Fletterick -- Co-regulators and the regulation of androgen receptor action in prostate cancer / Irina U. Agoulnik and Nancy L. Weigel -- Androgen receptor coregulators and their role in prostate cancer / Latif A. Wafa, Robert Snoek, and Paul S. Rennie -- Interaction of the androgen receptor ligand-binding domain with the n-terminal domain and with coactivators / Jan Trapman -- Multitasking and interplay between the androgen receptor domains / F.Claessens, T. Tanner, and A. Haelens -- Chromatin remodeling and androgen receptor-mediated transcription / Li Jia ... [et al.] -- Ligand-independent androgen receptor activity / Scott M. Dehm and Donald J. Tindall -- Role of IL-6 in regulating the androgen receptor / Zoran Culig and Alfred Hobisch -- The role of cyclic AMP in regulating the androgen receptor / Marianne D. Sadar --Cellular and molecular signatures of androgen ablation of prostate cancer / Clifford G. Tepper and Hsing-Jien Kung -- Tissue levels of androgens in castration-recurrent prostate cancer / James L. Mohler and Mark A. Titus -- Unique effects of wnt signaling on prostate cancer cells : modulation of the androgen signaling pathway by interactions of the androgen receptor gene and protein with key components of the canonical wnt signaling pathway / Matthew J. Tanner ... [et al.] -- The role of foxa proteins in the regulation of androgen receptor activity / David J. DeGraff ... [et al.] -- Androgen receptor as a licensing factor for DNA replication / Donald J. Vander Griend and John T. Isaacs -- Androgen-regulated genes in the prostate / Nigel Clegg and Peter S. Nelson -- Mapping the androgen receptor cistrome / Qianben Wang and Myles Brown -- Differential regulation of clusterin isoforms by the androgen receptor Tanya K. Day, Colleen C. Nelson, and Martin E. Gleave -- Androgen regulation of prostate cancer gene fusions / Rou Wang, Scott A. Tomlins, and Arul M. Chinnaiyan -- Androgens and the lipogenic switch in prostate cancer / Johannes V. Swinnen ... [et al.] -- Molecular biology of novel targets identified through study of castration-recurrent prostate cancer / Philip A. Watson and Charles L. Sawyers -- Selenium and androgen receptor in prostate cancer / Nagalakshmi Nadiminty and Allen C. Gao.
- Androgen deficiency and testosterone replacement current controversies and strategies 2013, Springer1. The Institute of Medicine White Paper on Testosterone: Current Perspective / Craig F. Donatucci -- 2. The Laboratory Diagnosis of Testosterone Deficiency / Akanksha Mehta and Darius A. Paduch -- 3. The Clinical Diagnosis of Androgen Deficiency / Gregory C. Mitchell, Ege Can Serefoglu, and Wayne J.G. Hellstrom -- 4. The Use of Patient Reported Outcome Questionnaires in the Diagnosis of Androgen Deficiency / Gregory J. Lowe, George C. Bailey, and Tracey L. Krupski -- 5. Testosterone and Its Association with Metabolic and Cardiovascular Disease / Giovanni Corona, Giulia Rastrelli, and Mario Maggi -- 6. The Role of Androgens in Prostate Cancer / Frances Alba, Claudio A. Romero, and Run Wang -- 7. Androgen Deficiency in the Adolescent Male / Erin R. McNamara and Sherry S. Ross -- 8. Effects of Androgen Deficiency and Replacement on Male Fertility / Andrew C. Kramer -- 9. HIV and Testosterone in Men / Gina Cambareri, Jane Ashby, David Goldmeier, and Hossein Sadeghi-Nejad -- 10. Treatment Options for Testosterone Replacement Therapy / Mohit Khera -- 11. Alternate Therapies for Testosterone Replacement / Ege Can Serefoglu, Ahmet Gokce, Wayne J.G. Hellstrom, and André T. Guay.
- Andrology for the clinician 2006, Springer
- Anesthesia for urologic surgery 2014, SpringerThis is an up-to-date clinical reference on anesthesia for urological surgery. Advances in urological procedures, the advent of treatment of patients with strong anticoagulant and antiplatelet medications, and the demographics of urology patients (many of whom are young or elderly) present challenges for the anesthesiologist and have necessitated changes in anesthesia practice. Urological anesthesia is not recognized as a subspecialty, and this book, which reflects the expertise of clinicians and researchers from around the United States and Europe, is written for the majority of anesthesiologists and nurse anesthetists who will provide anesthesia for these patients. The book includes coverage of these topics: Renal physiology and pharmacology Urologic anesthesia in all age groups, and in both the operating room and outpatient setting Special considerations in the pregnant patient and in renal transplantation Anesthesia for robotic surgery of the prostate In older patients, problems arising from co-morbidities and the risk of drug interactions Appropriate pain management in inpatient and outpatient settings The unique challenges of positioning the patient Medico-legal considerations, including analyses from the closed claims study
- Atlas of genitourinary oncological imaging 2013, SpringerThe Atlas of Genitourinary Oncological Imaging presents a comprehensive visual review of appearances for normal anatomy and oncological diseases in the genitourinary system using over 900 radiological images and illustrations. The book presents current imaging techniques and discusses the role of imaging in pre-treatment staging and post-treatment follow-up. Diseases discussed include kidney, adrenal gland, upper tract, bladder, prostate, testes, and pediatric malignancies. Individual chapters include normal anatomy, imaging techniques, and pathology of each cancer type. The staging of the malignancy and what to include in the radiology report are discussed, and expected and complicated postoperative and post-treatment findings and recurrence are presented. Dedicated chapters on interventional and radiation therapy discuss their unique role in the management and treatment of oncology of the genitourinary system. Additionally, a chapter on chemotherapy toxicities discusses drug reaction treatment therapies unique to the genitourinary system.Edited and written by radiologists from the genitourinary disease management team at Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, the Atlas of Genitourinary Oncological Imaging is an ideal resource for radiology and urology trainees seeking a review of the basics and for practicing radiologists looking for answers to challenging cases confronted in daily practice.
- Atlas of genitourinary pathology 2011, SpringerAdrenal gland -- Kidney -- Renal pelvis and ureter -- Bladder, urethra, and urachus -- Prostate -- Testis -- Spermatic cord and testicular adnexae -- Penis and scrotum.
- Atlas of laparoscopic urologic surgery 2007, ClinicalKeyBasic techniques in laparoscopic surgery / Jay T. Bishoff -- Laparoscopic stapling and reconstruction / Gyan Pareek and Stephen Y. Nakada -- Anesthetic implications of minimally invasive urological surgery / Ian H. Black and Kurt W. Grathwohl -- Closure techniques and exiting the abdomen / Benjamin R. Lee -- Laparoscopic simple nephrectomy / Daniel J. Ricchiuti and Timothy D. Averch -- Laparoscopic radical nephrectomy / David A. Duchene, J. Kyle Anderson, and Jeffrey A. Cadeddu -- Hand-assisted laparoscopic radical nephrectomy / George K. Chow -- Hand-assisted laparoscopic radical nephroureterectomy / Sean P. Hedican and William W. Roberts -- Laparoscopic partial nephrectomy / Christopher R. Williams and Peter A. Pinto -- Laparoscopic nephroureterectomy / C. William Schwalb II and Thomas W. Jarrett -- Laparoscopic donor nephrectomy / Adam J. Ball, Michael D. Fabrizio, and Edwin L. Robey -- Laparoscopic evaluation and treatment of symptomatic and indeterminate renal cysts / Doug W. Soderdahl and Michael D. Fabrizio -- Laparoscopic and percutaneous delivery of renal ablative technology / Kyle J. Weld and Jamie Landman -- Laparoscopic renal biopsy / Stephen V. Jackman -- Laparoscopic pyeloplasty / Itay Y. Vardi and Sam B. Bhayani -- Laparoscopic ureterolysis and repair of retrocaval ureter / Mike Nguyen and Lars Ellison -- Laparoscopic ureterolithotomy / Ioannis Varkarakis and Charalambos Deliveliotis -- Laparoscopic ureteral reimplantation and borari flap / Koon Ho Rha.Laparoscopic adrenalectomy / Blake D. Hamilton -- Laparoscopic pelvic lymph node dissection / Premal J. Desai and D. Duane Baldwin -- Laparoscopic retroperitoneal lymph node dissection / Mohamad E. Allaf -- Nerve-sparing laparoscopic radical prostatectomy: transperitoneal technique / Li-Ming Su -- Laparoscopic prostatectomy: preperitoneal approach / Clement-Claude Abbou [and others] -- Robotic prostatectomy / David I. Lee -- Laparoscopic radical cystectomy and urinary diversion / Andrew A. Wagner and Christian P. Pavlovich -- Laparoscopic orchiopexy / Steven M. Baughman, Earl Y. Cheng, and Elizabeth B. Yerkes -- Pediatric laparoscopic pyeloplasty / Paul H. Noh and Steven G. Docimo -- Complications of laparoscopic surgery / Lee Richstone and Louis R. Kavoussi -- Endoscopic subcutaneous modified inguinal lymph node dissection for squamous cell carcinoma of the penis / Jay T. Bishoff and Claudio Montiola.
- Male genital disorders represent a common issue in medical practice, especially in the dermatological setting. Correct clinical evaluation of these disorders is essential when addressing the diagnosis, which in some cases may require histopathological confirmation. Depending on the disease, early diagnosis may be not only lifesaving, but also of fundamental importance to the planning of successful treatment. This atlas introduces the most common penile diseases, along with more rarely encountered ones. It provides invaluable guidance on clinical diagnosis by highlighting prominent clinical features and presenting particular videodermatoscopy findings when these are indicative of the diagnosis. In addition, for each condition the most appropriate treatment is proposed, taking into account recent therapeutic advances of proven benefit.
- Atlas of robotic prostatectomy 2013, SpringerIn many centers of excellence in Urology, robotic prostatectomy has become the first choice for the surgical treatment of localized prostate cancer owing to benefits such as reduced pain and minimization of impotence and incontinence. This atlas, specifically designed for use by surgeons, provides a beautifully illustrated, step-by-step guide to all aspects of the procedure. The various techniques that can be employed to achieve excellent oncological and functional results are carefully depicted in appropriate detail; for example, nerve-sparing techniques, bladder neck reconstruction, and approaches aimed at the early restoration of continence are clearly described. Special situations, such as prior prostate surgery, a large prostate, and salvage prostatectomy, are also fully covered. The information contained in this atlas will be of great value in enabling surgeons to improve their results and to take full advantage of the benefits of robotic prostatectomy compared with open prostatectomy.
- Atlas of robotic urologic surgery 2011, SpringerRobotics in Urology: Past, Present, and Future -- Robotic Instrumentation, Personnel and Operating Room Setup -- Transperitoneal Robot-Assisted Laparoscopic Radical Prostatectomy: Anterior Approach -- Transperitoneal Robot-Assisted Laparoscopic Radical Prostatectomy: Posterior Approach -- Extraperitoneal Robot-Assisted Laparoscopic Radical Prostatectomy -- Robot-Assisted Laparoscopic Radical Prostatectomy: Management of the Difficult Case -- Robot-Assisted Radical Cystoprostatectomy -- Robot-Assisted Laparoscopic Sacrocolpopexy -- Robot-Assisted Total and Partial Adrenalectomy -- Robot-Assisted Radical and Partial Nephrectomy -- Robot-Assisted Radical Nephroureterectomy -- Robot-Assisted Pyeloplasty -- Robot-Assisted Extended Pyelolithotomy and Ureterolithotomy -- Robot-Assisted Ureteral Reconstruction -- Robotic Surgical Procedures for Male Infertility -- Pediatric Urologic Robotic Procedures.
- Atlas on the human testis normal morphology and pathology 2013, Springer1. "Open" Biopsy of the Testis and Testicular Sperm Extraction / Ivan Krhen, Andreja Vukasović, and Davor Ježek -- 2. MicroTESE and Embryo Development / Nikica Zaninović and Peter N. Schlegel -- 3. Histologic Procedures and Testicular Biopsy Freezing / Andreja Vukasović, Viviana Kozina, and Davor Ježek -- 4. Early Development of the Human Testis / Gordana Jurić-Lekić, Marta Himelreich, Marta Lekić, Đurđica Grbeša, and Floriana Bulić-Jakuš -- 5. The Fetal Human Testis / Marina Kos and Tanja Leniček -- 6. The Testis in Childhood Between Birth and Puberty / Ewa Rajpert-De Meyts, Kristian Almstrup, John E. Nielsen, and Niels E. Skakkebæk -- 7. Normal Morphology of the Human Testis and Epididymis / Davor Ježek, Viviana Kozina, and Andreja Vukasović -- 8. Damage of Spermatogenesis / Martin Bergmann and Davor Ježek -- 9. Inflammatory Conditions of the Testis / Hans-Christian Schuppe and Martin Bergmann -- 10. Cryptorchidism (Undescended Testis) / Ljerka Banek, Viviana Kozina, Iva Marolt, and Tomislav Banek -- 11. Klinefelter's Syndrome / Manuel Nistal and Pilar González-Peramato -- 12. Testicular Dysgenesis Syndrome and Carcinoma In Situ Testis / Ewa Rajpert-De Meyts, Kristian Almstrup, and Niels E. Skakkebæk -- 13. Tumors of the Testis and Epididymis / Ivan Damjanov and Gregor Mikuz -- 14. Congenital Testis Pathology / Manuel Nistal and Pilar González-Peramato -- 15. Vascular Testis Pathology / Manuel Nistal and Pilar González-Peramato -- 16. New Approaches to Diagnosing Male Infertility. Part I, Microarray Analysis of Testicular Biopsy Specimens from Men with Intact and Impaired Spermatogenesis / Andrej-Nikolai Spiess and Wolfgang Schulze -- 17. New Approaches to Diagnosing Male Infertility. Part II, The Role of Confocal Microscopy and Three-Dimensional Reconstruction in Visualization of Reinke's Crystals / Viviana Kozina and Davor Ježek -- 18. Disorders of Sex Development / Manuel Nistal and Pilar González-Peramato.
- Basic techniques in pediatric surgery an operative manual 2013, SpringerPart A. Basic surgical techniques -- Part B. Head and neck -- Part C. Spine and limbs -- Part D. Thorax -- Part E. Abdomen -- Part F. Groin and genitalia -- Part G. Urology -- Part H. Perineum -- Part I. Minimally invasive surgery -- Appendix. Training in paediatric surgery -- Subject Index.
- Biennial review of infertility. Volume 3 v. 3, 2013, SpringerPart I: Male Infertility -- 1. Supplements to Enhance Male Fertility / Peter N. Schlegel -- 2. Poor Quality Ejaculate Sperm: Do the Data Support the Use of Testis Sperm? / Robert D. Oates -- 3. The Aging Male and Impact on Offspring / Timothy G. Jenkins, Kenneth I. Aston, and Douglas T. Carrell -- 4. Testosterone Replacement Therapy in Men: Effects on Fertility and Health / Peter T.K. Chan -- Part II: Female Infertility -- 5. A Practical Approach to Recent Advancesin Ovarian Reserve Testing / Benjamin Leader and Valerie L. Baker -- 6. Maternal Age and Oocyte Aneuploidy: Lessons Learned from Trisomy 21 / Stephanie L. Sherman, Emily G. Allen, and Lora J.H. Bean1 -- 7. Fertility Preservation for Cancer Patients / Suneeta Senapati and Clarisa R. Gracia -- 8. Reproductive Surgery and Computer-Assisted Laparoscopy: The New Age of Subspecialty Surgery Is Here / Shane T. Lipskind and Antonio R. Gargiulo -- Part III: Assisted Reproduction Techniques -- 9. Advances in Systems for Embryo Culture / Roberta Maggiulli, Lisa Dovere, Filippo Ubaldi and Laura Rienzi -- 10. Patient-Tailored Approaches to Ovarian Stimulation in ART / Theodora C. van Tilborg, Frank J.M. Broekmans, Helen L. Torrance and Bart C. Fauser -- 11. Cryopreserved Oocyte Banking: Its Prospects and Promise / Kathryn J. Go, Zsolt Peter Nagy, and Ching-Chien Chang -- 12. Reproductive Tourism / Raphael Ron-El -- Part IV: Evolving Controversies in Contemporary Reproductive Medicine -- 13. Intrauterine Insemination: An Ineffective Treatment / Erica B. Johnstone and Jessie Dorais -- 14. IUI Is a Valuable and Cost-Effective Therapy for Most Couples / Lobke M. Moolenaar, Bradley J. Van Voorhis and Fulco van der Veens -- 15. Vitrification of Human Oocytes and Embryos: An Overview / Juergen Liebermann -- 16. Should We Eliminate Fresh Embryo Transfer from ART? / Daniel J. Kaser, Maria Assens, and Catherine Racowsky -- 17. ICSI Is a Revolutionary Treatment of Male Infertility That Should Be Employed Discriminately and Further Studied / Douglas T. Carrell -- 18. The Need for Long-Term Follow-Up of Children Conceived Through ICSI / Rachel Weinerman, Kurt T. Barnhart, and Suleena Kansal Kalra -- 19. Popularity of ICSI / Gianpiero D. Palermo, Queenie V. Neri, Trina Fields and Zev Rosenwaks -- Part V: Clinical Research Design -- Cohort Designs: Critical Considerations for Reproductive Health.
- Biomechanics of the human urinary bladder 2013, Springer
- Bladder cancer diagnosis, therapeutics, and management 2010, Springer
- Bladder pain syndrome a guide for clinicians 2013, SpringerHistorical Perspective / Philip M. Hanno M.D., M.P.H. -- Epidemiology / Mirja Ruutu M.D., Ph.D., F.E.B.U., Mikael Leppilahti MD, PhD -- Diagnostic Criteria, Classification and Nomenclature for Bladder Pain Syndrome / Joop P. van de Merwe MD, PhD, Jørgen Nordling MD, Dr.med.Sci, FEBU -- Part I: Pathophysiology -- Clinical Pathophysiology and Molecular Biology of the Urothelium and the GAG Layer / Gianfranco Tajana, Mauro Cervigni -- Mast Cell and Bladder Pain Syndrome / Kirsten Bouchelouche M.D., D.M.Sc., Pierre Bouchelouche M.D. -- Neurophysiology of Pelvic Pain Mechanisms / Jean-Jacques Wyndaele M.D., D.Sci., Ph.D., Silvia Malaguti M.D. -- Syndromes Associated with Bladder Pain Syndrome as Clues to its Pathogenesis / John W. Warren M.D., Joop P. van de Merwe M.D., Ph.D. -- Part II: Clinical Presentations -- Bladder Pain Syndrome: Clinical Presentation / John Hughes M.B.B.S., F.R.C.A., F.F.P.M.R.C.A. -- Pelvic Floor Dysfunction in Bladder Pain Syndrome / Mauro Cervigni M.D., Franca Natale M.D. -- Psychosocial Risk Factors and Patient Outcomes for Bladder Pain Syndrome / Dean A. Tripp Ph.D., J. Curtis Nickel M.D., F.R.C.S.C. -- Bladder Pain Syndrome and Sexuality / Jennifer Yonaitis Fariello M.S.N., C.R.N.P., Kristene E. Whitmore M.D. -- Part III: Diagnosis -- Symptoms of Bladder Pain Syndrome / John W. Warren M.D., Philip M. Hanno M.D., M.P.H. -- Clinical Evaluation and Diagnosis of Bladder Pain Syndrome / Jennifer Yonaitis Fariello M.S.N., C.R.N.P., Kristene E. Whitmore M.D. -- Urine Biomarkers and Bladder Pain Syndrome / Pierre Bouchelouche M.D., Kirsten Bouchelouche M.D., DMSc. -- Cystoscopy and Hydrodistension in the Diagnosis of Bladder Pain Syndrome / Andrey Zaytsev M.D., Ph.D., Magnus Fall M.D., Ph.D. -- Biopsy Retrieval, Tissue Handling, Morphology, and Histopathological Characteristics / Christina Kåbjörn-Gustafsson, Ralph Peeker -- Urodynamics in BPS / Paul P. Irwin M.Ch., F.R.C.S.I(Urol), Claus Riedl M.D. -- Complementary and Alternative Medical Treatments of Bladder Pain Syndrome / Z. Chad Baxter M.D., Helen R. Levey D.O., M.P.H. -- Diet and Its Role in Bladder Pain Syndrome and Comorbid Conditions / Justin I. Friedlander, Barbara Shorter, Robert M. Moldwin -- Physiotherapy / Amy Rejba Hoffmann M.S.N., Hina M. Sheth M.S., P.T., O.C.S., M.T.C. -- Oral Therapy for Bladder Pain Syndrome Directed at the Bladder / Philip M. Hanno M.D., M.P.H. -- Pain Treatment in Bladder Pain Syndrome / John Hughes M.B.B.S., F.R.C.A., F.F.P.M.R.C.A., Salma Mohammed M.B.B.S., F.R.C.A. -- Intravesical Therapy / Mauro Cervigni M.D., Arndt van Ophoven M.D., Ph.D. -- Hydrodistention, Transurethral Resection and Other Ablative Techniques in the Treatment of Bladder Pain Syndrome / Magnus Fall M.D., Ph.D., Jørgen Nordling M.D., Dr. Med. Sci., F.E.B.U., Ralph Peeker -- Botulinum Toxin Treatment in Bladder Pain Syndrome / Paul P. Irwin M.Ch., F.R.C.S.I. (Urol), Paulo Dinis Oliveria M.D., Ph.D. -- Neurostimulation for Bladder Pain Syndrome / Dominique El-Khawand M.D., Kristene E. Whitmore -- Bladder Augmentation, Urinary Diversion and Cystectomy in Patients with Bladder Pain Syndrome / Jørgen Nordling, Magnus Fall, Ralph Peeker -- Part V: Patient Perspective -- A Patient Perspective / Jane M. Meijlink BA Hons -- Exploratory Research on the Social Costs and Care for Patients with Bladder Pain Syndrome / Loredana Nasta, Simone Montagnoli, Maria Avolio.
- Bladder tumors molecular aspects and clinical management 2011, Springer
- Botulinum toxin in urology 2011, SpringerSafety and General Principles of Botulinum Toxin Therapies: Pearls From Across Medical Fields -- Biology and Mechanism of Action -- Botulinum Toxin for Neurogenic Detrusor Overactivity -- Overactive Bladder and Idiopathic Detrusor Overactivity -- BoNT for Bladder and Pelvic Pain -- Pediatric Botulinum Toxin Applications -- Botulinum Toxin Injection for Prostate Disorders -- Sphincter and Pelvic Floor Disorders Applications -- Non-urological Uses of Toxin with Genitourinary Insight -- Health Economics of Botulinum Toxin Application -- Perspectives from Around the World: Panorama of Where We Are and Where We Are Going.
- Campbell-Walsh Urology. 10th ed. 2012, MD ConsultFulltext ClinicalKeyv. 1. Anatomy -- Clinical decision making -- Basics of urologic surgery -- Infections and inflammation -- Molecular and cellular biology -- Reproductive and sexual function -- Male genitalia -- v. 2. Renal physiology and pathophysiology -- Upper urinary tract obstruction and trauma -- Renal failure and transplantation -- Urinary lithiasis and endourology -- Neoplasms of the upper urinary tract -- The adrenals -- v. 3. Urine transport, storage, and emptying -- Benign and malignant bladder disorders -- Prostate -- v. 4. Pediatric urology.
- Campbell-Walsh Urology. 9th ed. v. 1-4, 2007.Print Material
- Cancer and sexual health 2011, SpringerFunctional Anatomy of the Male Sex Organs -- Functional Anatomy of the Female Sex Organs -- Physiology of Libido -- Physiology of Orgasm -- Physiology of Female Genital Sexual Arousal -- Physiology of Erection -- Physiology of Ejaculation -- Classifying Female Sexual Dysfunction -- Hypoactive Sexual Desire Disorder -- Disorders of Female Sexual Arousal -- Disorders of Female Orgasm -- Sexual Pain Disorders -- Erectile Dysfunction: Prevalence and Pathophysiology -- Androgen Deficiency -- Peyronie?s Disease -- Disorders of Ejaculation and Male Orgasm -- Priapism -- The Sexual Health Interview: Male -- The Sexual Health Interview: Female -- Communication About Sexuality and Cancer -- Validated Questionnaires in Female Sexual Function Assessment -- Validated Questionnaires in Male Sexual Function Assessment -- Evaluation of the Female with Sexual Dysfunction -- Evaluation of Male Sexual Dysfunction -- The Impact of Cancer on the Partner?s Sexuality -- Gay and Lesbian Patients with Cancer -- The Impact of a Cancer Diagnosis on Sexual Health -- Breast Cancer -- Gynecological Cancers -- Pelvic Surgery for Urological Cancers -- Pelvic Radiation in Men -- Pelvic Radiation in Women -- Impact of Chemotherapy and Hormone Therapy on Female Sexual Health -- Impact of Androgen Deprivation Therapy on Men?s Sexual Health -- Colorectal Cancer -- Stem Cell Transplant --Sexual Health in the Terminally Ill -- Survivorship: An Overview -- Nutriceuticals in Sexual Health -- Medical Treatments for Sexual Problems in Women -- Surgical Treatments for Sexual Problems in Women -- Sex Therapy in Female Sexual Dysfunction -- Erectile Dysfunction: Pharmacological Therapy -- Erectile Dysfunction: Devices -- The Management of Premature Ejaculation -- Testosterone Therapy in the Male Cancer Patient -- Sex Therapy in Male Sexual Dysfunction -- Restoring Intimacy in Relationships Affected by Cancer -- Dating and Disclosure for Cancer Survivors.
- Cancer of the testis 2010, SpringerThe book covers the complete field of testis cancer including the germ cell tumors and the stromal tumors, from epidemiology to new chemotherapeutic agents and schedules, throughout genetic features, risk factors, risk adapted treatments, role of different types of surgery and special clinical situations. Special attention is focused on fertility issues, late effects of the primary therapy and the economical aspects of the different treatment policies. As a result of the third Consensus Conference, a consensual follow-up can be devised and a chapter dedicated to this controversial and not yet defined matter.
- Chronic prostatitis/chronic pelvic pain syndrome 2008, Springer
- Clinical care pathways in andrology 2014, SpringerClinical Care Pathways in Andrology provides a valuable resource for understanding clinical decision-making in the context of the predominant male reproductive and sexual disorders for which patients commonly seek evaluation and treatment. Conditions that are less well-known but can be severely bothersome to patients, such as penile sensory loss, are also presented. Based on clinical evidence and expert consensus, practical clinical care pathways are featured for each condition. Each clinical care pathway consists of an algorithm that delineates the overall structure of decision-making for each condition, describes initial clinical presentations, and guides the reader through diagnostic testing and treatment.
- Clinical urologic endocrinology principles for men's health 2013, Springer1. Anatomy and Physiology of Androgen Regulation in Men / Jerald Marifke and Jay Sandlow -- 2. Development of the Male Reproductive System / Pravin K. Rao and Arthur L. Burnett -- 3. Epidemiology and Diagnosis of Hypogonadism / Mikkel Fode, Susanne A. Quallich, Yacov Reisman, Jens Sønksen, and Dana A. Ohl -- 4. Testosterone and Sexual Function / Wayland Hsiao and John P. Mulhall 5. Treatment of Hypogonadism in Men / Akanksha Mehta, Darius A. Paduch, and Marc Goldstein -- 6. Hypogonadism and Prostate Cancer: To Treat or Not to Treat / Mohit Khera -- 7. Testosterone and Male Infertility / Tung-Chin Hsieh, Matthew McIntyre, and Larry Lipshultz -- 8. Specific Endocrinopathies and Male Infertility / Vincent Harisaran, Eugene Cone, and Kathleen Hwang.
- Color doppler US of the penis 2008, Springer
- Complementary & Alternative Medicine for Prostate and Urologic Health is designed to capture and clinically review the comprehensive database of clinical research articles that support and do not support the utilization of a variety of dietary supplements and other complementary medicines that physicians are exposed to in their daily practice. This is a critical distinction between this book and any other Complementary & Alternative Medicine (CAM) books published to date. Each section of the book provides an easy to reference guide into the topic of interest for the individual that works in urology. The various sub-specialty groups in urology are adequately represented, which allows for a physician to rapidly and thoroughly investigate their topic of interest regardless of whether it is fertility, bladder cancer, or prostate disease. Rather than having to sort through the now thousands of articles published yearly on CAM in medicine, this volume focuses first on the specialty and secondarily how it compares to the overall CAM literature. Each chapter includes a summary page that will allow the physician a rapid review of the subject with a patient, colleague or student.
- Complications of Female Incontinence and Pelvic Reconstructive Surgery reviews the prevention, evaluation and management of complications arising from female pelvic surgery. Potential complications of both routine and specialized female pelvic procedures such as transvaginal slings, cystocele and rectocele repairs, urethral diverticulectomy, and transvaginal mesh repairs are reviewed. The chapters are divided by procedure allowing the reader to easily find what they are looking for. Images and figures of methods of evaluation and repair of these complications are included throughout. The volume is organized based on the specific types of surgeries performed and the user is able to look up the type of surgery performed and immediately find all of the potential complications and their treatments. This text will serve as a comprehensive guide and reference allowing the surgeon quick and ready access to information about the complications of female pelvic surgery.
- Complications of laparoscopic and robotic urologic surgery 2010, SpringerPhysiology of laparoscopy and pneumoperitoneum -- Anesthesia and management of anesthetic complications of laparoscopic urological surgery -- Metabolic and renal complications and immunologic implications of laparoscopic urologic surgery -- Positional and neuromuscular complications of laparoscopic and robotic urologic surgery -- Vascular complications in laparoscopic and robotic urologic surgery -- Urinary and urologic complications of laparoscopic and robotic urologic procedures -- Visceral and gastrointestinal complications of laparoscopic and robotic urologic surgery -- Complications of robotic-assisted laparoscopic surgery: iatrogenic and doulogenic -- Complications of laparoscopic and robotic adrenal surgery -- Complications of laparoscopic radical nephrectomy and nephroureterectomy -- Complications of laparoscopic donor nephrectomy -- Complications of laparoscopic partial nephrectomy -- Complications of robotic partial nephrectomy -- Complications of laparoscopic retroperitoneal lymph node dissection -- Complications of laparoscopic and robotic pyeloplasty -- Complications of laparoscopic and robotic ureteral surgery -- Complications of robotic prostatectomy -- Methods and maneuvers for improving functional outcomes during robotic radical prostatectomy -- Complications of laparoscopic and robotic-assisted radical cystectomy -- Complications of laparoscopic and robotic reconstructive procedures for urinary incontinence and pelvic organ prolapse -- Complications of single port laparoscopic and robotic surgery -- Complications of ablative renal procedures -- Complications of laparoscopic and robotic pediatric urologic surgery -- Medicolegal aspects of minimally invasive urologic surgery.
- Complications of urologic surgery prevention and management. 4th ed. 2010, ClinicalKey"Complications of Urologic Surgery: Prevention and Management, 4th Edition, by Samir S. Taneja, MD, is a urology resource that presents current management strategies - with an emphasis on prevention - for the most effective patient care. Recognized leaders in the field address both office-based complications as well as common and uncommon surgical complications arising from open and minimally invasive urologic surgery, to equip you to handle a wide range of situations. Best of all, this resource includes a companion website featuring the complete text of the book, along with case studies, multiple choice questions, and more, for convenient reference and review."--BOOK JACKET.
- Contemporary interventional ultrasonography in urology 2009, Springer
- Animal models for the study of erectile function and dysfunction -- Normal erectile physiology -- Psychological aspects of erectile dysfunction -- Epidemiology of erectile dysfunction and key risk factors -- Etiology and risk factors of erectile dysfunction -- Making the diagnosis of erectile dysfunction -- Drugs that affect sexual function -- Oral therapy for erectile dysfunction -- Self-injection, transurethral and topical therapy in erectile dysfunction -- Quantification of erectile dysfunction after prostate cancer treatment -- Vacuum constriction device: a new paradigm for treatment of erectile dysfunction -- Hormonal evaluation and therapy in erectile dysfunction -- Cardiovascular issues in the treatment of erectile dysfunction -- The penile prosthesis option for erectile dysfunction -- The effect of radical prostatectomy on erectile dysfunction -- Peyronie's disease: natural history, diagnosis, and medical therapy -- Peyronie's disease: surgical therapy -- Priapism: medical and surgical therapy -- Ejaculatory disorders.
- Contrast-enhanced ultrasound of the urinary tract 2013, SpringerThis book examines in detail the diagnostic impact of contrast-enhanced ultrasound in the evaluation of urinary tract pathology, paying particular attention to the diagnostic gain that may be expected in relation to other imaging techniques such as CT and MRI. The role of contrast-enhanced ultrasound is evaluated in a range of pathologies, including ischemia, trauma, inflammation, cystic lesions, and solid tumors, as well as in the imaging of anatomic variants. New applications, for example monitoring of kidney transplantation, assessment of urinary bladder lesions, and diagnosis of vesico-ureteric reflux, are also covered. The presented cases, drawn from the authors' personal clinical caseload, include images obtained using multimodality techniques, sometimes with 3D CT reconstruction. The authors' own experiences are compared with the most recent reports in the scientific literature.
- Controversies in uro-oncology 2002, Karger
- CT urography an atlas 2007, Ovid
- Cytologic detection of urothelial lesions 2006, Springer
- Development of the perineum in the human a comprehensive histological study with a special reference to the role of stromal components 2005, Springer
- Difficult cases in endourology 2013, Springer1. Introduction / Ahmed M. Al-Kandar -- 2. Anesthetic Considerations During Endourologic Surgery / Ahmed M. Labib and Ahmed M. Al-Kandari -- 3. Difficulties in Instrumentation of Endourologic Procedures / Ahmed M. Al-Kandari -- 4. Percutaneous Management of Calyceal Diverticula: An American Experience / Jessica A. Mandeville, Ehud Gnessin, and James E. Lingeman -- 5. Managing Bleeding During Percutaneous Renal Surgery / Ahmed R. El-Nahas, Ahmed M. Shoma, and Ahmed A. Shokeir -- 6. Septic Complications During Percutaneous Nephrolitholotomy (PCNL) / Evangelos Liatsikos and Panagiotis Kallidonis -- 7. Visceral Complications of Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy (PCNL) / Abdelghaffar S. Arafa and Ahmed M. Al-Kandari -- 8. Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy (PCNL) for Staghorn Calculi: The Rigid Approach: Overcoming the Difficulties / Arvind P. Ganpule and Mahesh Desai -- 9. Flexible Renal Nephroscopy: Overcoming the Difficulties / Joseph A. Graversen, Adam C. Mues, and Mantu Gupta -- 10. Chinese Minimally Invasive Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy (MPCNL): Overcoming the Difficulties / Zhaohui He, Guohua Zeng, and Xun Li -- 11. Percutaneous Renal Surgery for Renal Pelvic Tumors: Overcoming the Difficulties / Brian Duty, Michael Blute, Zhamshid Okhunov, Arthur D. Smith, and Zeph Okeke -- 12. Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy (PCNL) in the Treatment of Stones within Horseshoe Kidneys and in Patients with Autosomal Dominant Polycystic Kidney Disease / Ahmed Abed, Ahmed R. El-Nahas, Ahmed M. Al-Kandari, and Ahmed A. Shokeir -- 13. Drainage Systems After Percutanous Renal Procedures / Brian Duty, Zhamshid Okhunov, Arthur D. Smith, and Zeph Okeke -- 14. Retrograde Nephrostomy Access: Overcoming the Difficulties / Khalid Matar Al-Otaibi -- 15. Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy (PCNL): The Supine Approach: Overcoming the Difficulties / Francisco Pedro Juan Daels -- 16. Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy (PCNL) in Obese Patients: Overcoming the Difficulties / Soroush Rais-Bahrami and Arthur D. Smith -- 17. Percutanous Nephrolithotomy (PCNL) for Caliceal Diverticulum: An Egyptian Experience / Ahmed Mohamed Elshal, Ahmed M. Shoma, and Ahmed A. Shokeir -- 18. Endourological Management of Urological Complications Following Renal Transplantation / Ahmed S. El-Hefnawy, Mohamed M. Elsaadany, Shady A. Soliman, Yasser Osman, Ahmed M. Shoma, and Ahmed A. Shokeir -- 19. Difficult Situations in Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy (PCNL) for Solitary Kidney and Renal Failure / Arvind P. Ganpule, Amit Satish Bhattu, and Mahesh Desai -- 20. Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy (PCNL) and Other Simultaneous Procedures / Ravindra B. Sabnis, Raguram Ganesamoni, and Amit Doshi -- 21. Adult Endopyelotomy: Overcoming the Difficulties / Zhamshid Okhunov, Brian Duty, Zeph Okeke, and Arthur D. Smith -- 22. Ureteroscopy for Upper Ureteral Stones: Overcoming the Difficulties of the Rigid Approach / Tamer S. Barakat, Ahmed R. El-Nahas, Ahmed M. Shoma, and Ahmed A. Shokeir -- 23. Uretheroscopy for Upper Ureteric and Renal Stones: Overcoming Difficulties with the Flexible Approach / Jacob Howard Cohen and Michael Grasso III -- 24. Ureteroscopy for Ureteral Strictures / Ahmed M. Harraz, Ahmed M. Shoma, and Ahmed A. Shokeir -- 25. Ureteroscopic Management of Ureteral and Renal Pelvic Tumors: Overcoming the Difficulties / Demetrius H. Bagley and Kelly A. Healy -- 26. Endourologic Management of Non-Malignant Bilharzial Urinary Complications / Hamdy Mohamed Ibrahim, Ahmad Samy Bedair, and Ahmed M. Al-Kandari -- 27. Ureteroscopy During Pregnancy / Hamdy Mohamed Ibrahim and Ahmed M. Al-Kandari -- 28. Pediatric Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy (PCNL): Overcoming the Difficulties / Sinan Zeren and Hakan Çakir -- 29. Pediatric Ureteroscopy: Overcoming the Difficulties / Raguram Ganesamoni, Shashikant Mishra, and Mahesh Desai -- 30. Difficulties with Ureteral Stents / Brandon K. Isariyawongse and Manoj Monga -- 31. Overcoming the Cost Difficulties in Endourology / Ravindra B. Sabnis -- 32. Difficulties in Endourologic Training / Ahmed M. Al-Kandari -- 33. Avoiding and Overcoming Medico-Legal Difficulties in Endourology / Donnaline Richman and James H. Robb.
- Difficult conditions in laparoscopic urologic surgery 2011, SpringerDifficulties in Laparoscopic Access -- Difficulties in Anesthesia for Urologic Laparoscopy -- Difficulties in Urologic Laparoscopic Instrumentation -- Cost-Reductive Measures in Laparoscopy: Tips and Tricks for Developing Countries -- Difficulties in Laparoscopic Simple Nephrectomy -- Difficulties in Transperitoneal Laparoscopic Radical Nephrectomy -- Difficulties in Retroperitoneal Laparoscopic Radical Nephrectomy -- Difficulties in Laparoscopic Live Donor Nephrectomy -- Difficulties in Laparoscopic Nephroureterectomy -- Difficulties in Laparoscopic Partial Nephrectomy -- Difficulties in Laparoscopic Adrenalectomy -- Difficulties in Laparoscopic Renal Cyst Removal and Giant Hydronephrosis Nephrectomy -- Difficulties in Laparoscopic Simple Prostatectomy -- Difficulties in Laparoscopic Radical Prostatectomy -- Difficulties in Robotic Radical Prostatectomy -- Difficulties in Robotic-Assisted Nerve-Sparing Radical Prostatectomy -- Difficulties in Laparoscopic Urologic Surgery in Kidney Transplant Patients and Obese Patients -- Difficulties in Laparoscopic Retroperitoneal Lymph Node Dissection -- Difficulties in Laparoscopic Radical Cystectomy -- Difficulties in Laparoscopic Pyeloplasty -- Difficulties in Laparoscopic Surgery for Urinary Stones -- Difficulties in Laparoscopic Ureteral and Bladder Reconstruction -- Difficulties in Laparoscopic Ureterolysis and Retroperitoneal Lymph Node Dissection -- Difficulties in Laparoscopic Management of Vesicovaginal Fistula -- Difficulties in the Laparoscopic Treatment of Female Genital Prolapse -- Difficulties in Pediatric Laparoscopic Urologic Surgery -- Difficulties in Single-Port Laparoscopic Procedures -- Difficulties in Urologic Laparoscopy Complications -- Difficulties in Laparoscopic Training, Mentoring, and Medico-Legal Issues.
- Drugs compromising male sexual health 2008, SpringerMale sexual health -- Structure and physiology of the testis -- Introduction -- The spermatozoa -- Sperm motility -- Capacitation and acrosome reaction -- Fertilization of the oocyte -- Testing substances that compromise spermatogenesis and fertility (adapted from Creasy 1997) -- Testosterone production and testosterone effects -- Physiology of erection -- Introduction -- Role of androgens in erection -- Priapism -- Physiology of ejaculation -- Drugs which compromise male sexual health -- Adverse drug effects -- Male sexual health and drugs -- Drugs which compromise testicular function -- Drugs which compromise erectile function -- Drugs which compromise ejaculation -- Database of drugs.
- Dynamic contrast-enhanced MRI atlas of prostate cancer 2009, Springer
- Emergencies in urology 2007, Springer
- Endoscopic extraperitoneal radical prostatectomy laparoscopic and robot-assisted surgery 2007, Springer
- Endourological management of urogenital carcinoma 2006, Springer
- Endourooncology new horizons in endourology 2005, SpringerMerging of endourology and oncology: endourooncology / A. El-Hakim, B.R. Lee, and A.D. Smith -- Surgical robots and three-dimensional displays for computer-aided surgery / T. Dohi -- Robot-assisted (Da Vinci) urologic surgery: an emerging frontier / A.K. Hemal and M. Menon -- Robotic surgery assisted by the ZEUS system / M. Eto and S. Naito -- Telesurgery: remote monitoring and assistance laparoscopy / T. Inagaki, S.B. Bhayani, and L.R. Kavoussi -- Remote percutaneous renal access using a telesurgical robotic system / B. Challacombe, L. Kavoussi, and D. Stoianovici -- Radiofrequency ablation for percutaneous treatment of malignant renal tumors / S. Kanazawa, T. Iguchi, K. Yasui, H. Mimura, T. Tsushima, and H. Kumon -- High-intensity focused ultrasound for noninvasive renal tumor thermoablation / A. Häckr, M.S. Michel, and K.U. Köhrmann -- High-intensity focused ultrasound (HIFU) for the treatment of localized prostate cancer / T. Uchida, H. Ohkusa, H. Yamashita, and Y. Nagata -- Renal cryoablation / K. Nakagawa and M. Murai -- Prostate cryoablation / B.J. Donnelly and J.C. Rewcastle -- Tumor control outcome and tolerance of permanent interstitial implanation for patients with clinically localized prostate cancer / Y. Nasu, F. Abarzua, and H. Kumon.
- Getting started in laparascopy -- Laparoscopic instrumentation -- Laparoscopic access -- Laparoscopic and robotic pelvic lymphadenectomy -- Laparoscopic renal cyst decorticadtion -- Laparoscopic simple nephrectomy -- Laparoscopic readical nephrectomy: transperitoneal approach -- Laparoscopic radical nephrectomy -- Laparoscopic partial nephrectomy -- Laparoscopic nephroureterectomy -- Laparoscopic live donor nephrectomy -- Laparoscopic and robotic pyeloplasty -- Laparoscopic adrenalectomy -- Laparoscopic retroperitoneal lymph node dissection for nonseminomatous germ cell tumors -- Laparoscopic cystectomy and urinary diversion -- Laparoscopic radical cystectomy and urinary diversion with handport assistance -- Laparoscopic and robotic-assisted laparoscopic radical prostatectomy -- Complications of laparoscopic urologic surgery -- Laparoscopic renal ablation.
- Essential urology-- a guide to clinical practice. 2nd ed. 2012, SpringerExtensively revised and updated, the second edition of Essential Urology: A Guide to Clinical Practice provides support to primary care physicians through its review of common genitourinary problems. This edition continues to provide the primary care physician with tools to better recognize urological diseases as well as updated management strategies for these disorders. To enhance the theme of comprehensive care and family medicine, the volume is formatted according to the life cycle and the urological challenges, which may be detected and diagnosed by primary care physicians respective of the patient's stage in life, beginning with pregnancy and in utero diagnoses. Pediatric themes such as infection and voiding dysfunctions are followed by adult urological topics ranging from prostate diseases, nephrolithiasis, overactive bladder syndromes, incontinence and urological cancer screening. Three new chapters are added addressing male infertility/andrology and the growing demand for integrative and alternative medical care of urologic patients, as well as commonly encountered dermatological problems in the genital area.Essential Urology: A Guide to Clinical Practice, Second Edition is extremely comprehensive and yet, very accessible. It is authored by experts representing the spectrum of urological subspecialties, further enhancing the value of this unique work.
- Female urology a practical clinical guide 2007, Springer
- Female urology. 3rd ed. 2008, ClinicalKey
- Frozen section library. Genitourinary tract 2009, Springer
- One of the most common problems for spinal cord injury patients is urinary system dysfunction. The book Functional Bladder Reconstruction Following Spinal Cord Injury via Neural Approaches introduces how to solve this problem using multi-disciplinary approaches. From animal model studies to surgical techniques as well as successful case reports, six kinds of surgery are presented in separate chapters. This up-to-date monograph will be a valuable resource for surgeons, urologists and neurologists caring for spinal cord injury patients. The contributors are a group of surgeons working in the fields of orthopaedics and microsurgery.
- Genital cutting protecting children from medical, cultural, and religious infringements; proceedings of the 11th International Symposium on Circumcision, Genital Integrity, and Human Rights, 29-31 July 2010, University of California-Berkeley 2013, SpringerTortured Bodies, Tortured Doctrines: Informed Consent as a Legal Fiction Inapplicable to Neonatal Male Circumcision -- Routine Infant Circumcision: Vital Issues that the Circumcision Proponents may be Overlooking -- The Smart Penis -- The Harm of Circumcision -- Evolution of Circumcision Methods: Not "Just a Snip" -- Penile Wounding: Complications of Routine Male Circumcision in a Typical American Family Practice -- Male Circumcision and the Potential for Unexplained Male Adolescent Suicide in Northern Ireland -- Healing the Harms of Circumcision: A Nursing Case Study -- Ten Years of Training: Family Medicine Residents as Conscientious Objectors to Circumcision -- Intersex Surgeries, Circumcision, and the Making of "Normal" -- Intersex Genital Autonomy: A Rights-Based Framework for Medical Intervention with Intersex Infants -- The SAR/ROHAN (The Possession): A Response of Somali Women to Pharaonic Circumcision/Infibulation (PhC) -- Genital Stretching Among the Venda Ethnic Group (South Africa) -- Male Circumcision Among the Venda of Limpopo (South Africa) -- Critique of African RCTs into Male Circumcision and HIV Sexual Transmission -- Randomized Controlled Trials for HIV/AIDS Prevention Among Men in Africa: Untraced Infections, Unasked Questions, and Unreported Data -- Dangerous Myths and Tragic Misconceptions: Fighting HIV and AIDS Cases in Africa with Male Circumcision Strategies -- Defying the Enlightenment: Jewish Ethnicity and Ethnic Circumcision -- Circumcision: Gender and Power -- Reclaiming Circumcision: Armenian Stories -- Self-Made Intactivism in the Middle East -- Genital Autonomy: A New Approach.
- Genitourinary imaging case review. 2nd ed. 2007, ClinicalKeyThis title provides an excellent case selection for sharpening diagnostic skills in this challenging subspecialty area. Emphasis is on differential diagnoses and pertinent radiological findings, but the relevant clinical points are also covered. This second edition contains numerous new images (more than 400 total images) as well as an addition of fifty cases. It is cross-referenced to GU RADIOLOGY: The Requisites, 2e. Volume in the Case Review series, covering brain imaging, targeted towards residents, fellows and practicing RadiologistsMimics official exam formats and daily practice environment with a pedagogically anchored format that introduces cases/images as unknowns with three to four questions; then, on the flip side of the page, diagnosis, answers to the questions, additional commentary, references and cross-references to The Requisites volume are supplied in logical succession; blank space is available for note taking. Cases are randomly organized and then divided into three overall categories reflecting three different levels of difficulty.
- Genitourinary pain and inflammation diagnosis and management 2008, Springer
- Genitourinary pathology 2007, ClinicalKeyThis volume in the Foundations in Diagnostic Pathology Series packs today's most essential genitourinary pathology know-how into a compact, high-yield format! Its pragmatic, well-organized approach, abundant full-color illustrations, and at-a-glance tables make the information you need easy to access. It covers both neoplastic and non-neoplastic diseases of the genitourinary system. Reviews normal histology before examining abnormal findings. Covers all of the most commonly seen neoplastic and non-neoplastic conditions of the genitourinary system. Uses a consistent, user-friendly format to explore each entity's clinical features pathologic features (gross and microscopic) ancillary studies differential diagnoses and prognostic and therapeutic considerations. Offers hundreds of full-color illustrations that demonstrate the key features of a wide variety of pathologic lesions.
- 1. Renal Neoplasms / Gregory T. MacLennan -- 2. Inflammatory Conditions of the Kidney / Gregory T. MacLennan -- 3. Cystic Diseases of the Kidney / Gregory T. MacLennan -- 4. Renal Calculus Disease / Can Zafer Karaman -- 5. Vascular Disorders of the Kidney / Gregory T. MacLennan -- 6. Medical Renal Disease and Transplantation Considerations / Gregory T. MacLennan -- 7. Non-neoplastic Disorders of the Renal Pelvis and Ureter / Gregory T. MacLennan -- 8. Neoplasms of the Renal Pelvis and Ureter / Gregory T. MacLennan -- 9. Renal and Ureteral Trauma / Vikram S. Dogra -- 10. Nonneoplastic Disorders of the Bladder / Gregory T. MacLennan -- 11. Neoplasms of the Bladder / Gregory T. MacLennan -- 12. Bladder Trauma / Musturay Karcaaltincaba -- 13. Congenital and Acquired Nonneoplastic Disorders of the Urethra / Gregory T. MacLennan -- 14. Neoplasms of the Urethra / Gregory T. MacLennan.
- Genitourinary radiology male genital tract, adrenal and retroperitoneum : the pathologic basis 2013, SpringerContrast Materials and Contrast Reaction Management -- Congenital and Acquired Nonneoplastic Disorders of the Prostate and Seminal Vesicles -- Neoplasms of the Prostate and Seminal Vesicles -- Congenital and Acquired Nonneoplastic Disorders of the Spermatic Cord and Testicular Adnexae -- Neoplasms of the Spermatic Cord and Testicular Adnexae -- Congenital and Acquired Nonneoplastic Disorders of the Testis -- Neoplasms of the Testis -- Congenital and Acquired Nonneoplastic Disorders of the Penis and Scrotum -- Neoplasms of the Penis and Scrotum -- Congenital and Acquired Nonneoplastic Adrenal Diseases -- Adrenal Neoplasms -- Congenital and Acquired Nonneoplastic Retroperitoneal Disorders -- Retroperitoneal Neoplasms -- Imaging of Urinary Diversion and Neobladder.
- Geriatric urology 2014, SpringerGeriatric urology represents one of the largest overall sectors of care provided within the specialty of urology. As the incidence and prevalence of many clinical urologic conditions increase significantly in older adults, the practice of urology involves a need for advanced knowledge of the basic principles of geriatrics. Geriatric Urology outlines important topics in the care of elderly urology patients. The first section covers the biology of aging, changes in the genitourinary system, and common diseases including urologic conditions that may serve as warning signs of other disorders. Section two covers geriatric syndromes and implications for urologic care including frailty, polypharmacy, dementia, , and wound healing. Urologic conditions in older adults are explored in detail including urinary incontinence, pelvic organ prolapse, urinary tract infection, nocturia, and benign prostate diseases. Other topics covered include obtaining informed consent, development of advance directives, palliative medicine and care of the dying patient. Geriatric Urology is of great value to urologists, geriatricians, internists, residents and family practitioners.
- Glenn's Urologic surgery. 7th ed. 2010, OvidAnatomy of the adrenal glands, kidney, ureter, and pelvis -- Partial nephrectomy -- Radical nephrectomy -- Intracaval tumors -- Transplant nephrectomy -- Renovascular disease -- Anatrophic nephrolithotomy -- Renal and retroperitoneal abscesses -- Renal trauma -- Renal allotransplantation -- Ureteral complications following renal transplantation -- Renal autotransplantation -- Anatomy of the bladder -- Simple and partial cystectomy -- Radical cystectomy in men -- Radical cystectomy in women -- Bladder diverticulectomy -- Bladder augmentation -- Management of the distal ureter for nephrourecterectomy -- Vesicovaginal fistula -- Enterovesical and rectourethral fistulas -- Vesical trauma and hemorrhage -- Interstitial cystitis/painful bladder syndrome -- Anatomy of the prostate -- Surgery for benign prostatic hypertrophy -- Prostatic imaging and biopsy -- Pelvic lymphadenectomy -- Open radical retropubic prostatectomy -- Radical perineal prostatectomy -- Brachytherapy for localized prostate cancer -- Anatomy of the urethra -- Female urethral diverticulum -- Reconstruction of the female urethra -- Surgical management of the incompetent bladder outlet in the patient with a neurogenic bladder -- Surgery for urethral stricture disease -- Surgery for urethral trauma including urethral disruption -- Carcinoma of the female urethra -- Carcinoma of the male urethra -- Injectable therapies for incontinence in women -- Pubovaginal fascial slings -- Synthetic midurethral retropubic slings -- The transobturator approach to the midurethral sling -- Abdominal retropubic approaches for female incontinence -- The artificial urinary sphincter -- The male sling for postprostatectomy incontinence: current concepts and controversies -- Sacral neuromodulation -- Surgical treatment of pelvic organ prolapse: anatomy of the pelvic floor -- Vaginal hysterectomy for uterine prolapse -- Cystocele and anterior vaginal prolapse -- Transvaginal repair of apical prolapse -- Posterior vaginal prolapse repair -- Abdominal sacral colpopexy -- Anatomy of the epididymis, vas deferens, and seminal vesicle -- Seminal vesicle and ejaculatory duct surgery -- Vasectomy.; Vasoepididymostomy -- Vasovasostomy -- Microsurgical varicocelectomy -- Testis biopsy and testicular sperm extraction (TESE) -- Epididymal sperm aspiration -- Epididymectomy -- Ejaculation induction procedures: penile vibratory stimulation and electroejaculation -- Anatomy of the testis -- Simple orchiectomy -- Inguinal orchiectomy -- Organ-preserving surgery in testicular tumors -- Retroperitoneal lymphadenectomy -- Torsion of the testicle -- Scrotal trauma and reconstruction -- Anatomy of the penis and scrotum -- Partial and total penectomy in the management of invasive squamous cell carcinoma of the penis -- Inguinal lymphadenectomy for penile carcinoma -- Surgical treatment of Peyronie disease -- Priapism -- Penile prosthesis implantation -- Penile venous surgery -- Microvascular arterial bypass surgery for erectile dysfunction -- Penile trauma -- Penile replantation -- Varicocele: general considerations -- Hydrocele and spermatocele -- Congenital curvature -- Reconstruction of the penis for complications of penile enhancement surgery --Ileal conduit urinary diversion -- Transverse colonic conduit -- Managing the with patient orthotopic bladder substitution -- Orthotopic urinary diversion using in ileal low-pressure reservoir with an afferent tubular segment -- Ileal neobladder -- The Padua ileal bladder -- The T-pouch ileal neobladder -- Colonic orthotopic bladder substitution -- Continent catheterizable reservoir made from ileum -- Continent catheterizable reservoir made from colon -- Ureterosigmoidostomy: Mainz pouch II -- Palliative urinary diversion -- Neuroblastoma -- Wilms tumor -- Renal fusion and ectopia -- Transureteroureterostomy -- Pyeloplasty -- Megaureter -- Prune belly (triad) syndrome -- Childhood rhabdomyosarcoma -- Vesicoureteral reflux -- Endoscopic treatment of vesicoureteral reflux -- Ureteroceles -- Urachal anomalies and related umbilical disorders -- Vesical neck reconstruction -- Surgery for posterior urethral valves -- Hypospadias -- Complete primary repair for exstrophy -- Bladder exstrophy and epispadias -- Congenital anomalies of the scrotum -- Pediatric cryptorchidism, hydroceles, and hernias -- Laparoscopic management of the undescended testicle -- Pediatric laparoscopic pyeloplasty -- Pediatric laparoscopic nephrectomy and partial nephrectomy.; Urogenital sinus and cloacal anomalies -- Surgery to correct ambiguous genitalia (46XX disorder of sexual development) -- Circumcision -- Augmentation cystoplasty in children -- The mitrofanoff procedure in pediatric urinary tract reconstruction -- Basic principles of laparoscopy: transperitoneal, extraperitoneal, and hand-assisted techniques -- Laparoscopic pelvic and retroperitoneal lymph node dissection -- Laparoscopic nephrectomy and partial nephrectomy -- Laparoscopic nephroureterectomy -- Laparoscopic renal procedures: renal cystectomy, biopsy, and nephropexy -- Laparoscopic ablation of small renal masses -- Donor nephrectomy: laparoscopic techniques -- Laparoscopic and robotically assisted pyeloplasty in adults -- Laparoscopic adrenalectomy -- Laparoscopic and robotic radical prostatectomy -- Laparoscopic management of lymphoceles -- Laparoscopic bladder procedures: radical cystectomy, partial cystectomy, urachal excision, diverticulectomy -- Laparoscopic bladder neck suspension -- Miscellaneous laparoscopic urologic procedures: calculus, varicocele, ureterolysis -- Tissue-engineering strategies for urogenital repair -- Image-guided therapy: current practice and future directions -- Robotic surgery -- Energy sources in urology.
- Guide to pediatric urology and surgery in clinical practice 2011, SpringerUrinary tract infection: USA -- Urinary tract infection: United Kingdom -- Urinary tract infection: Europe -- Urinary tract infection: Australasia -- Abnormalities of the scrotum -- Disorders of male external genitalia: problems of the penis and foreskin -- Disorders of male external genitalia: hypospadias, epispadias, concealed penis, and urethral disorders -- Disorders of male external genitalia: undescended testis -- Disorders of male external genitalia: circumcision -- Disorders of the female external genitalia -- Disorders of elimination: voiding dysfunction -- Disorders of elimination: nocturnal enuresis -- Disorders of elimination: constipation -- Hematuria and proteinuria -- Abdominal pain: urological aspects -- External angular dermoid and pilomatrixoma -- Neck swellings/lumps: midline neck swellings -- Neck swellings/lumps: lateral neck lumps -- Neck swellings/lumps: torticollis -- Umbilical disorders -- Surgical aspects of abdominal pain -- Approach to abdominal masses -- Gastro-esophageal reflux disease -- Rectal bleeding -- Intestinal obstruction -- Unique considerations in the neonate and infant: bile-stained vomiting in the neonate -- Unique considerations in the neonate and infant: pyloric stenosis -- Unique considerations in the neonate and infant: intussusception -- Hemangioma and lymphangioma.
- Handbook of dialysis therapy. 4th ed. 2008, ClinicalKey
- Handbook of office urological procedures 2008, Springer1. Sutures and scalpels / Hashim Hashim -- 2. Electrosurgical diathermy / Hashim Hashim -- 3. Urinary catheters / Hashim Hashim -- 4. Urological endoscopic equipment / Hashim Hashim -- 5. Local anesthesia and nerve blocks / Hashim Hashim -- 6. Reduction of torsion of testis and fixation / Hashim Hashim and Paul Abrams -- 7. Simple and subcapsular orchidectomies (orchiectomies) / Hashim Hashim and Paul Abrams -- 8. Radical orchidectomy (orchiectomy) / Hashim Hashim and Paul Abrams -- 9. Insertion of testicular prosthesis (implant) / Hashim Hashim and Paul Abrams -- 10. Testicular biopsy / Hashim Hashim and Paul Abrams -- 11. Hydrocele repair in adults / Hashim Hashim and Paul Abrams -- 12. Excision of epididymal cyst or spermatocele / Hashim Hashim and Paul Abrams -- 13. Vasectomy / Hashim Hashim and Paul Abrams -- 14. Epididymectomy / Hashim Hashim and Paul Abrams -- 15. Inguinal orchidopexy (orchiopexy) / Hashim Hashim and Paul Abrams -- 16. Varicocelectomy / Hashim Hashim and Paul Abrams -- 17. Circumcision / Christopher Wolter and Roger Dmochowski -- 18. Optical urethrotomy / Christopher Wolter and Roger Dmochowski -- 19. Urethral dilation / Christopher Wolter and Roger Dmochowski -- 20. Injectables / Christopher Wolter, Roger Dmochowski and Hashim Hashim -- 21. Transrectal ultrasound scan and biopsy of the prostate / Hashim Hashim and Paul Abrams -- 22. Urodynamics / Christopher Wolter and Roger Dmochowski -- 23. Flexible cystoscopy / Christopher Wolter and Roger Dmochowski -- 24. Rigid cystoscopy / Christopher Wolter and Roger Dmochowski 124 -- 25. Suprapubic catheterization / Christopher Wolter and Roger Dmochowski -- 26. Cystodiathermy / Christopher Wolter and Roger Dmochowski -- 27. Cystodistension (hydrodistension) / Hashim Hashim and Paul Abrams -- 28. Extracorporeal shockwave lithotripsy (ESWL) / Christopher Wolter and Roger Dmochowski -- 29. Insertion of double-J stent / Christopher Wolter and Roger Dmochowski -- 30. Retrograde pyelography / Hashim Hashim and Paul Abrams -- 31. Ureteroscopy (semi-rigid) / Hashim Hashim and Paul Abrams.
- Handbook of urology 2014, ebrarySection 1. Infections -- section 2. Urinary lithiasis -- section 3. Reproductive and sexual function -- section 4. Emergency urology -- section 5. Urine storage and emptying -- section 6. Oncology -- section 7. Congenital and acquired disease.
- Hinman's Atlas of urologic surgery. 3rd ed. 2012, ClinicalKeyRegarded as the most authoritative surgical atlas in the field, Hinman's Atlas of Urologic Surgery brings you the detailed visual guidance and unmatched expertise you need to confidently perform virtually any urologic surgical procedure. Detailed color illustrations and clinical photographs-all accompanied by commentary from leading urologists-lead you step by step through each technique. Instructions and commentary from a veritable "who's who" in urologic surgery equip you to successfully deliver optimal results. Know what to do and expect with comprehensive coverage of nearly every surgical procedure you might need to perform. Get a true-to-life view of each operation through illustrations and full-color photographs shown from the surgeon's perspective. Find answers fast thanks to a quick, clear, and easy-to-use format - ideal for residents as well as experienced surgeons. Turn to the companion reference, Hinman's Atlas of UroSurgical Anatomy, 2nd Edition, for a more in-depth view of the complex structures you must navigate when performing any procedure.
- Hinman's Atlas of urosurgical anatomy. 2nd ed. 2012, ClinicalKeyVenous system -- Lymphatic system -- Peripheral nervous system -- Skin -- Gastrointestinal tract -- Anterolateral body wall -- Posterolateral and posterior body wall -- Inguinal region -- Pelvis -- Perineum -- Organs -- Kidney, ureter, and adrenal glands -- Bladder, ureterovesical junction, and rectum -- Prostate and urethral sphincters -- Female genital tract and urethra -- Penis and male urethra -- Testis.
- Human papillomavirus a practical guide for urologists 2009, Springer
- Images in urology diagnosis and management 2012, SpringerIntroduction -- The Production of Radiological and Histopathological Images -- Kidneys and Ureters -- The Adrenal -- The Retroperitoneum -- The Bladder -- The Prostate -- The Testes and Their Adnexae -- The Penis -- Urodynamics.
- Imaging and focal therapy of early prostate cancer 2013, SpringerImaging and Focal Therapy of Early Prostate Cancer evaluates the scientific evidence for the evolving trend to treat low to intermediate risk, clinically localized prostate cancer in a focally ablative manner with novel gland-preserving, focal therapy methods. Various ablative devices such as high intensity focused ultrasound, irreversible electroporation, photodynamic therapy, cryotherapy and laser ablation, among others, are discussed in regard to their strengths and limitations as a therapeutic modality. Emphasis is placed on tumor stage shift towards early stage disease with an increase in unilateral versus bilateral cancers validated by final pathology assessment of large prostatectomy series. Current and new approaches to image cancer foci within the prostate (3-Dimensional contrast-enhanced transrectal ultrasonography, multiparametric magnetic resonance image with spectroscopy, ETC) are presented along with biopsy techniques to map prostate cancer. Patient selection, treatment strategy, outcomes and safety concerns that may provide acceptable cancer control and improved quality of life for patients are all covered in detail. Written by experts in the field and lavishly illustrated with detailed line-art and photographs, Imaging and Focal Therapy of Early Prostate Cancer is a resourceful volume beneficial to practitioners specializing in the treatment and management of prostate cancer.
- Part 1.Imaging: Radiology --Principles of X-Ray Production and Radiation Protection /Christopher T. L. Wilkinson --How to Perform a Clinical Radiograph and Use a C-Arm /Christopher T. L. Wilkinson --Contrast Agents /Paul M. Taylor --How to Do an IVU /Paul M. Taylor --Dual Energy X-Ray Absorptiometry (DXA) /Richard Whitehouse --The Physics of Ultrasound /Paul M. Taylor --How to Ultrasound a Suspected Renal Mass /Michael J. Weston --How to Ultrasound a Painful Testis and a Testicular Mass /Michael J. Weston --How to Perform a Transrectal Ultrasound Scan and Prostate Biopsy /Fady Youssef and John B. Anderson --How to Manage a Hydronephrotic Kidney /Michael J. Weston --Principles of Computed Tomography (CT) /Catherine O'Dwyer --How to Do a CT Urogram (CTU) /Paul M. Taylor --How to Do a CT in a Patient with Presumed Upper Tract Trauma /Jonathan Smith --Principles of Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) /Jonathan Smith --How to Do an MRI of the Pelvis /Jonathan Smith --Magnetic Resonance Angiography (MRA) /Kieran O'Flynn --Vascular Embolisation Techniques in Urology /Alistair Cowie.Part 2.Imaging: Nuclear Medicine --Radionuclides and Their Uses in Urology /Richard Lawson --Counting and Imaging in Nuclear Medicine /Richard Lawson --Principles of Positron Emission Tomography (PET) Scanning /Heather A. Williams --How to Do a Renogram /Mary Prescott --How to Do a Diuresis Renogram /Mary Prescott --How to Do a DMSA Scan /Jackie James --How to Do a Radioisotope Glomerular Filtration Rate Study /Richard Lawson --How to Do a Bone Scan /Mary Prescott --How to Do a Transplant Renogram /Mary Prescott --Dynamic Sentinel Lymph Node Biopsy in Penile Cancer /Hussain M. Alnajjar and Nicholas A. Watkin --Part 3.Technology: Diagnostic --Urinalysis /David G. Ross --Principles of Urine Microscopy and Microbiological Culture /Chinari P. K. Subudhi --Measurement of Glomerular Filtration Rate (GFR) /Stephen Brown --Metabolic Assessment of Urinary Tract Stones /Adrian D. Joyce --Principles of Pressure Measurement /Ian Pearce --Principles of Measurement of Urinary Flow /Richard Napier-Hemy --How to Carry Out a Videocystometrogram (VCMG) /Alexander Springer, Ian Eardley and Ramnath Subramaniam --The Whitaker Test /Jeremy Oates and Kieran O'Flynn --Sphincter Electromyography (EMG) /Katherine E. Burnett and Christopher D. Betts --Tumour Markers /Richard Khafagy and William Cross --Urine Cytology /William Cross and Richard Khafagy --Histopathological Processing, Staining, and Immuno-histochemistry /Lorna McWilliam.Part 4.Technology: Operative --Principles of Urological Endoscopes /Luke Gordon --Rigid Endoscope Design /Luke Gordon --Light Sources, Light Leads, and Camera Systems /Stuart N. Lloyd and Adrian D. Joyce --Peripherals for Endoscopic Use /Stuart N. Lloyd and Steve Payne --Peripherals for Laparoscopic Use /Andrew Sinclair --Peripherals for Mechanical Stone Manipulation /Karyee Chow --Contact Lithotripters /Steve Payne --Endoscopic Use of Laser Energy /Omar Al Kadhi and Tev Aho --Double J Stents and Nephrostomy /Steve Payne --Urinary Catheters, Design, and Usage /Dave Shackley --Prostatic and Urethral Stents /Ian Eardley --Urological Prosthetics /Duncan J. Summerton and Ian Eardley --Meshes in Stress Urinary Incontinence and Pelvic Organ Prolapse /Neil Harris --Biological Meshes /Ian Eardley, Giulio Garaffa and David J. Ralph --Principles of Tissue Transfer in Urology /Giulio Garaffa, David J. Ralph and Ian Eardley --Theatre Design and Patient Safety /Pat McHugh and Steve Payne --Deep Venous Thrombosis (DVT) Prevention /Pat McHugh --Principles of Decontamination /Geoff J. H. Sjogren and Ralph Beard --Operative Tissue Destruction /Steve Payne --Sutures and Clips /Derek Fawcett --Monopolar Diathermy /Kieran O'Flynn --Bipolar Diathermy /Kieran O'Flynn --Alternatives to Electrosurgery /Adrian D. Joyce --Haemostatic Agents, Sealants, and Adhesives /Ian Eardley --Irrigation Fluids and Their Hazards /Stuart N. Lloyd --Insufflants and Their Hazards /Stephen Bromage and Andrew Sinclair --Laparoscopic Ports /Ben Sherwood and Dan Burke --Setting up a Robot /Ben Sherwood and Dan Burke.Part 5.Technology: Interventional --Neuromodulation by Sacral Nerve Stimulation /Cecile Tawadros, Katherine E. Burnett and Christopher D. Betts --Principles of Extracorporeal Shockwave Lithotripsy (ESWL) /Richard Napier-Hemy and Steve Payne --How to Carry Out Shockwave Lithotripsy /David G. Ross --Prostatic Hyperthermia /Ian Pearce --Ablative Therapies: High-Intensity Focused Ultrasound (HIFU), Cryotherapy, and Radio-Frequency Ablation (RFA) /Stephen Brown --Principles of Radiotherapy /John P. Logue --Electro-Motive Drug Administration (EMDA) /Vijay Sangar --Part 6.Technology of Renal Failure --Principles of Renal Replacement Therapy (RRT) /Colin D. Short --Principles of Peritoneal Dialysis /Philip A. Kalra --Haemodialysis /Rosie Donne --Principles of Renal Transplantation /Neil R. Parrott --Part 7.Assessment of Technology --Randomised Controlled Trials (RCTs) /Kieran O'Flynn --Health Technology Assessment /Robert Pickard, Michael Drinnan and Luke Vale.
- Imaging and urodynamics of the lower urinary tract. 2nd ed. 2010, SpringerPart 1. The Bladder -- The Normal Bladder -- Imaging Modalities Used for Assessment of the Bladder -- Congenital Anomalies of the Bladder -- Intraluminal Abnormalities of the Bladder -- Abnormalities of the Bladder Wall or Mural Abnormalities -- Staging of Bladder Cancer -- Abnormal Bladder Contour or Size -- Functional Abnormalities of the Bladder -- Part 2. The Urethra -- The Normal Urethra -- Congenital Anomalies of the Urethra -- Intraluminal Abnormalities and Filling Defects of the Urethra -- Intrinsic Abnormalities of the Urethral Wall -- Lower Urinary Tract Trauma -- Neoplasms of the Urethra.
- Imaging in oncological urology 2009, Springer
- Imaging of urinary tract diverticula 2014, Springer1. Diagnostics of pelvicalyceal diverticula -- 2. Diagnostics of ureteral diverticula -- Diagnostic Imaging of urinary bladder diverticula -- 4. Urethral diverticula -- Appendix.
- Imaging of urogenital diseases a color atlas 2009, Springer
- Immunology of the female genital tract 2014, Springer
- Interstitial prostate brachytherapy LDR-PDR-HDR 2013, SpringerProstate brachytherapy has been the subject of heated debate among surgeons and the proponents of the various brachytherapy methods. This very first interdisciplinary book on the subject provides a comprehensive overview of innovations in low dose rate (LDR), high dose rate (HDR), and pulsed dose rate (PDR) interstitial brachytherapy for the management of local or locally advanced prostate cancer. In addition to detailed chapters on patient selection and the use of imaging in diagnostics, treatment guidance, and implantation control, background chapters are included on related medical physics issues such as treatment planning and quality assurance. The results obtained with the different treatment options and the difficult task of salvage treatment are fully discussed. All chapters have been written by internationally recognized experts in their fields who for more than a decade have formed the teaching staff responsible for the successful GEC-ESTRO/EAU Prostate Brachytherapy Teaching Course. This book will be invaluable in informing residents and others of the scientific background and potential of modern prostate brachytherapy. It will also prove a useful source of up-to-date information for those who specialize in prostate brachytherapy or intend to start an interstitial brachytherapy service.
- Interventional management of urological diseases 2006, Springer
- Interventional nephrology principles and practice 2014, Springer1. Pre-operative Evaluation -- History -- 2. Pre-operative Evaluation -- Physical Examination -- 3. Admission After Intervention -- When and Why -- 4. Communicating Effectively for Interventional Nephrologists -- 5. Anticoagulants and Thrombolytics -- 6. Non-invasive Screening and Testing for PAD in CKD patients -- 7. Overview of PAD Treatment in the CKD Population: Indications, Medical Strategies, and Endovascular Techniques -- 8. Unconventional Venous Access: Percutaneous Translumbar and Transhepatic Venous Access for Hemodialysis -- 9. Approach to a Non-Functioning Catheter -- 10. Approach to the Infected Catheter -- 11. Approach to a Patient Referred for Vascular Mapping -- 12. Approach to Arteriovenous Access -- 13. Approach to a Patient with Non-maturing AV Fistula -- 14. Approach to an Arteriovenous Access with Hyperpulsatile Pulse -- 15. Approach to an Arteriovenous Access with a Faint Thrill -- 16. Approach to an Arteriovenous Access with No Thrill, Bruit, or Pulse -- 17. Approach to Patient with Arteriovenous Access Presenting with Hand Pain -- 18. Central Vein Stenosis -- 19. Approach to a Patient with Pseudoaneurysm -- 20. Approach to Chest Pain During Dialysis -- 21. Approach to Cyanotic Digits and Hand Paresis -- 22. Approach to an Abnormal Surveillance Measurement -- 23. Arterial Stenosis Affecting Arteriovenous Fistulae and Grafts in Hemodialysis Patients: Approach to Diagnosis and Management -- 24. Approach to the Patient with Suspected Renal Artery Stenosis -- 25. Vascular Injury During Interventions -- 26. Pulmonary Embolism Associated with Dialysis Access Procedure -- 27. Stent Migration -- 28. Foreign Body Retrieval -- 29. Contrast and Medication Allergic Reactions -- 30. The Management of Serious Adverse Events Associated with Interventional Procedures -- 31. Preoperative Evaluation of a Patient for Peritoneal Dialysis Catheter -- Operative Considerations for Peritoneal Dialysis Catheter -- Approach to a Patient with Visceral Perforation.
- Invasive bladder cancer 2007, Springer
- Key clinical trials in erectile dysfunction [abstract] 2007, Springer
- Kidney and pancreas transplantation a practical guide 2011, SpringerThe Immune response to transplanted organs / William M. Baldwin III, Anna Valujskikh, Peter N. Lalli, and Robert L. Fairchild -- The Histocompatibility laboratory in clinical transplantation / Diane J. Pidwell and Peter N. Lalli -- Immunosuppressive therapy in kidney and pancreas transplantation / George Thomas, Saul Nurko, and Titte R. Srinivas -- Clinical pharmacologic principles and immunosuppression / Patricia West-Thielke and Bruce Kaplan -- Pathology of kidney and pancreas transplantation / Lillian Gaber and Byron P. Croker -- Design, conduct, and report of clinical trials of immunosuppressive regimens in solid organ transplantation / Agnes Costello and D. Scott Batty, Jr. -- Outcomes of kidney and pancreas transplantation / Titte R. Srinivas, Herwig-Ulf Meier-Kriesche, and Jesse D. Schold -- Medical and surgical evaluation of the adult kidney transplant candidate / Richard A. Fatica, Stuart M. Flechner, and Titte R. Srinivas -- Selection and preparation of the pancreas transplant recipient / Ho-Yee Tiong and Venkatesh Krishnamurthi -- Kidney transplant recipient surgery / Daniel A. Shoskes -- Issues and surgical techniques to expand the pool of kidneys available for transplantation / Charles S. Modlin III and Charles S. Modlin, Jr. -- Pancreas transplantation: surgical techniques / Alvin C. Wee and Venkatesh Krishnamurthi -- Laparoscopic living kidney donation / Wesley M. White and Jihad H. Kaouk -- Perioperative and anesthetic management in kidney and pancreas transplantation management / Jerome F. O'Hara Jr. and Samuel A. Irefin -- Surgical complications after kidney transplantation / Stuart M. Flechner -- Urological complications after kidney transplantation / Islam A. Ghoneim and Daniel A. Shoskes -- Medical management of kidney transplant recipients / Vidya Vootukuru and Brian Stephany -- Infectious complications: prevention and management / Robin K. Avery, Michelle Lard, and Titte R Srinivas -- Living kidney donation: pre- and post-donation evaluation and management / Jonathan Taliercio and Emilio D. Poggio -- Psychology, quality of life and rehabilitation after kidney and pancreas transplantation / Kathy L. Coffman -- Kidney allocation system for deceased donor kidneys in the United States / Islam A. Ghoneim and David A. Goldfarb -- Ethics of transplantation / David A. Goldfarb and Jerome F. O'Hara, Jr. -- World wide long-term (20-40 years) renal transplant outcomes and classification of long-term patient and allograft survivals / William E. Braun, Sankar Navaneethan, and Deborah Protiva -- Quantitative aspects of clinical reasoning: measuring endpoints and performance / Jesse D. Schold -- The Business of transplantation / Art Thomson.
- Kidney and urinary tract diseases in the newborn 2014, Springer
- Indication, Collection, and Laboratory Processing of Cytologic Samples -- The Cellular and Acellular Components of the Urinary Sediment -- The Cytologic Makeup of the Urinary Sediment According to the Collection Technique -- Cytologic Manifestations of Benign Disorders Affecting Cells of the Lower Urinary Tract -- Tumors and Related Conditions of the Bladder and Lower Urinary Tract -- Urine-Based Assays Complementing Cytologic Examination in the Detection of Urothelial Neoplasm.
- Laparoscopic and robot-assisted surgery in urology atlas of standard procedures. [1st ed.] 2011, SpringerUpper Urinary Tract (Kidney, Ureter and Adrenal Gland) / Jens-Uwe Stolzenburg, Rowan Casey, Jens Mondry, Minh Do and Anja Dietel, et al. -- Lympadenectomy / Ingolf A. Türk, Rowan Casey, Jens-Uwe Stolzenburg, Panagiotis Kallidonis and Minh Do, et al. -- Urinary Bladder and Prostate / Thilo Schwalenberg, Jochen Neuhaus, Panagiotis Kallidonis, Evangelos N. Liatsikos and Jens-Uwe Stolzenburg, et al. -- Paediatric Urology / Holger Till, Jens-Uwe Stolzenburg and Ulrike Waldschmidt -- Miscellaneous / Jens-Uwe Stolzenburg, Evangelos N. Liatsikos, Thilo Schwalenberg, Tim Häfner and Minh Do, et al.
- Laparoscopic techniques in uro-oncology 2009, Springer
- Laparoscopic urologic surgery in malignancies 2005, Springer
- Learning genitourinary and pelvic imaging 2012, SpringerThis introduction to genitourinary and pelvic radiology is a further volume in the Learning Imaging series. Written in a case-based format, the book is subdivided into ten chapters: kidney; adrenal gland; urinary bladder, collecting system and urethra; prostate and seminal vesicles; scrotum; obstetrics; uterus; cervix and vagina; adnexa and retroperitoneum. Genitourinary radiology has undergone a tremendous change owing to advances in ultrasound, CT and MRI that have redefined our understanding of genitourinary and pelvic pathology. Each chapter includes an introduction and ten case studies with illustrations and comments from anatomical, physiopathological and radiological standpoints and with bibliographic recommendations. Learning Genitourinary and Pelvic Imaging will be of value for radiologists, radiology residents, medical students and anybody else working in genitourinary and pelvic pathology.Learning Imaging is a unique case-based series for those in professional education in general and for physicians in particular.
- Male fertility and lipid metabolism 2003, CRCnetBASE
- Male genital lesions the urological perspective 2013, SpringerPart 1.Fundamentals --Embryology and Functional Anatomy of the Male External Genitalia --Diagnosis --Fundamentals in Dermatopathology --Part 2.Non-Infectious Inflammatory Disorders of the Male Genitalia --Eczematous Dermatoses --Papulosquamous Dermatoses --Ulcerative Dermatoses --Vesicobullous Dermatoses --Granulomatous Dermatoses --Part 3.Infectious Disorders of the Male Genitalia --Nonsexually Transmitted Infections --Sexually Transmitted Infections --Part 4.Benign Specialized Disorders of the Male Genitalia --Pigmentary Lesions/Pigmentary Skin Changes --Cystic, Nodular, and Papular Lesions --Vascular Lesions --Miscellaneous Benign Disorders --Part 5.Systemic Diseases and the Male External Genitalia --Systemic Disorders Affecting the Genital Skin --Part 6.Premalignant and Malignant Disorders of the Male Genitalia --Premalignant Lesions of the Penis --Squamous Cell Carcinoma and Secondary Tumors of the Penis and Scrotum --Nonsquamous Malignant Neoplasms of the Penis and Scrotum.
- Male LUTS/BPH made easy 2014, SpringerMale LUTS/BPH Made Easy is an up-to-date comprehensive reference on the management of Lower Urinary Tract Symptoms (LUTS) due to Benign Prostatic Enlargement (BPE), which incorporates all of the key issues in the field of management of male lower urinary tract symptoms and benign prostatic disease. Male LUTS/BPH Made Easy aims to update the reader on the most current treatments and assist in clinical decision making based on the latest evidence.
- Male sexual function a guide to clinical management. 2nd ed. 2006, SpringerNormal anatomy and physiology / Paul Milhoua, Daniel Lowe, and Arnold Melman -- Epidemiology of erectile dysfunction / Ridwan Shabsigh -- Cardiac issues related to erectile dysfunction / Thorsten Reffelmann and Robert A. Kloner -- How a primary care clinician approaches erectile dysfunction / Richard Sadovsky and Kevin Custis -- Psychological aspects related to erectile dysfunction / Michael A. Perelman -- Hormonal evaluation and treatment / Jeremy P.W. Heaton and Alvaro Morales -- Radical prostatectomy and other pelvic surgeries: effects on erectile function / Muammer Kendirici, Jeffrey Bejma, Wayne J.G. Hellstrom -- Drugs that affect male sexual function / Benjamin K. Yang and Craig F. Donnatucci -- Neurogenic sexual dysfunction in men and women / Kazem M. Azadozoi and Mike B. Siroky -- Female sexual dysfunction / Irwin Goldstein -- Evaluation of the patient with erectile dysfunction / Jeffrey C. LaRochelle and Laurence A. Levine --Oral therapy for erectile dysfunction / Raymond W. Pak and Gregory A. Broderick -- Intracavernosal injection with vasoactive agents / Alice K. Tsao and Ajay Nehra -- Topical and intra-urethral therapy / John C. Hairston, Edguardo Becher, and Kevin T. McVary -- Vacuum erection devices / Hunter Wessells -- Penile implants / Steven K. Wilson and John J. Mulcahy -- Peyronie's disease: history and medical therapy / J. Slade Hubbard and Culley C. Carson -- Peyronie's disease: surgical therapy / Gerald H. Jordan -- Vascular surgery for erectile dysfunction / William O. Brant ... [et al.] -- Priapism / Lawrence S. Hakim -- Ejaculatory disorders / Chris G. McMahon -- Gene therapy for erectile dysfunction / Thomas R. Magee, Jacob Rajfer, and Nestor F. Gonzalez-Cavidad.
- Management of erectile dysfunction in clinical practice 2007, Springer
- Management of penile cancer 2014, SpringerManagement of Penile Cancer provides a comprehensive and state-of-the-art overview of the major issues specific to the field of penile cancer. The sections of the book are structured to review the overall scope of issues of penile cancer, including diagnosis and staging, surgical approaches, and the treatment of advanced disease. As multidisciplinary care is an integral part of the treatment of penile cancer, this book is unique in the inclusion of collaborating authors from a variety of integrated disciplines, including urology, radiation oncology, medical oncology, and reconstructive surgery. Written by recognized experts in their field, Management of Penile Cancer is a unique and valuable resource in the field of penile cancer, both for those currently in training and for those already in clinical or research practice.
- Management of prostate cancer-- a multidisciplinary approach 2012, SpringerEpidemiology of Prostate Cancer in Europe /Ruben G. Cremers and Lambertus A. Kiemeney --Chemoprevention of Prostate Cancer /Bertrand Tombal --Individual and Mass Screening /Chris H. Bangma, Pim J. van Leeuwen and Monique J. Roobol --Anatomo-Pathology /Theodorus H. Van der Kwast --Biomarkers for Prostate Cancer /Gisele H. J. M. Leyten, Peter F. A. Mulders and Jack A. Schalken --Diagnosis, Clinical Work Up, TNM Classification, Markers /Jean-Luc Descotes and Anne-Sophie Gauchez --Active Surveillance for Favorable Risk Prostate Cancer: Background, Patient Selection, Triggers for Intervention, and Outcomes /Laurence Klotz --Open Radical Prostatectomy /Hein van Poppel and Steven Joniau --Robot-Assisted Radical Prostatectomy /Stefan Carlsson and Nils Peter Wiklund --Permanent Prostate Brachytherapy /Jan J. Battermann --High-Dose-Rate Brachytherapy: Indications, Technique, and Results /Alberto Bossi, Rodolfe Verstraet, Lucie Calmels and Pierre Blanchard --Intensity Modulated Radiotherapy for Prostate Cancer /Olivier Chapet, Corina Udrescu and Ciprian Enachescu --Combination of Androgen Deprivation Therapy and Radiation Therapy for Locally Advanced and Localized Prostate Cancer /Michel Bolla and Camille Verry --Postoperative Irradiation: Immediate or Early Delayed? /Dirk Bottke and Thomas Wiegel --High-Intensity Focused Ultrasound (HIFU) for Prostate Cancer /Albert Gelet, Sebastien Crouzet, Olivier Rouviere and Jean-Yves Chapelon --Cryotherapy /Matvey Tsivian and Thomas J. Polascik --Follow-up After Radical Treatments and Relapse /Nicolas Mottet --First-Line Hormonal Manipulation of Prostate Cancer /Suresh Venugopal and John Anderson --Resistance to Chemical Castration: Second-Line Hormonal Treatment /Yohann Loriot, Christophe Massard and Karim Fizazi --Targeted Therapies and Vaccination /Guru Sonpavde and Cora N. Sternberg --How to Interpret Results? /Laurence Collette --Management of Prostate Cancer: EAU Guidelines on Screening, Diagnosis and Treatment /Axel Heidenreich --Better Patients' Perspective /Louis J. Denis.
- Management of prostate cancer. 3rd ed. 2013, SpringerEpidemiology and risk factors / Ranko Miocinovic -- Twenty years and counting : is PSA still useful in 2010? / Haluk Ozen and Sertac Yazici -- Prostate cancer screening : a review of the evidence with clinical practice implications / Timothy J. Wilt -- Beyond PSA : promising new markers for prostate cancer / Leonard Marks -- Hereditary prostate cancer and genetic risk / Adam C. Reese, Graham Casey, and John S. Witte -- Prostate inflammation and prostate cancer / William G. Nelson ... [et al.] -- Molecular progression of prostate cancer : androgens and estrogens / Stephen A. Boorjian and Donald J. Tindall -- The role of obesity and diet in prostate cancer / Jean-Alfred Thomas II and Stephen J. Freedland -- Prostate cancer risk reduction by chemoprevention / Kenneth G. Nepple, Adam S. Kibel, and Gerald L. Andriole -- Current issues in pathologic evaluation / Sara M. Falzarano, Howard S. Levin, and Cristina Magi-Galluzzi -- Optimum prostate biopsy : techniques and strategies / Osama M. Zaytoun and J. Stephen Jones -- The utility of nomograms in routine clinical practice / Carvell T. Nguyen and Michael W. Kattan -- Active surveillance comes of age / Laurence Klotz -- Focal therapy : prostate hemiablation as the first historical treatment model for focal therapy of early stage prostate cancer / Vladimir Mouraviev and Thomas J. Polascik -- Contemporary external beam radiotherapy / Rahul Tendulkar and Kevin Stephans -- Surgery, brachytherapy, or external beam radiation for low- and intermediate-risk disease? / Jay P. Ciezki and Eric A. Klein -- The role for radical prostatectomy in advanced prostate cancer / R. Jeffrey Karnes and Michael L. Blute -- Radiation therapy in the management of locally advanced prostate cancer / Joseph D. Mancias and Anthony L. Zietman -- Clinical implications of measuring quality-of-life in early stage prostate cancer / Peter Chang, Mehrdad Alemozaffar, and Martin G. Sanda -- Treatment modalities of post-prostatectomy incontinence : a historical perspective as well as current therapy options / Christina Ching and Drogo K. Montague -- Management of biochemical recurrence after localized treatment for prostate cancer / Stephen B. Williams and Toni K. Choueiri -- Management of newly diagnosed metastatic disease / C. Lance Cowey and Thomas E. Hutson -- Pitfalls of androgen deprivation therapy / Alicia K. Morgans and Matthew R. Smith -- Current management of castration-resistant prostate cancer (CRPC) / Jorge A. Garcia and Robert Dreicer -- Beta-emitting radiopharmaceuticals and bone metastasis / Oliver Sartor.
- Management of urological cancers in older people 2013, SpringerThe risk of cancer increases with age and the number of older adults seeking treatment is rising dramatically in line with the aging population. The care of older patients differs from that of younger adults because of variation in the biology of the tumor, age-related variation in host physiology, co-morbidity burden and psychosocial issues, which might impact the efficacy and side effects of cancer therapy.Management of Urological Cancers in Older People focuses on treatment strategies of urological cancers and provides guidance on the issues specific to older patients, spanning background and epidemiology, special considerations in the care of older people, therapeutics, and psychosocial considerations. This book offers a thorough review of current approaches to treating older urological cancer patients, detailing the special issues and considerations involved. The discipline-spanning coverage outlines best practice and proposes topics for future research.This first volume in the Management of Cancer in Older People series will be of interest to all surgical oncologists, medical oncologists, gerontologists, urologists and other members of the multidisciplinary team involved in the care of elderly urological cancer patients.
- Manual endourology [training for residents] 2005, Springer
- Manual of laparoscopic urology 2008, Springer
- Medical therapy in urology 2010, SpringerBladder Cancer / Mark A. Rochester and John D. Kelly -- Renal Cell Cancer / Bryan Y. Wong and Wolfram E. Samlowski -- Prostate Cancer / Ajay Pahuja, Ali Thwaini, Thiaga Nambirajan and Patrick F. Keane -- Testicular Cancer / Daniel Rottke and Peter Albers -- Penile Cancer / Giorgio Pizzocaro -- LUTS/Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia / Katie Moore and Jay Khastgir -- Overactive Bladder and Incontinence / Vinay Kalsi, Abdul Chowdhury and Kim Mammen -- Urinary Tract Infections / Magnus J. Grabe -- Bladder Pain Syndrome/Interstitial Cystitis / Paul Irwin -- Chronic Prostatitis/Chronic Pelvic Pain Syndrome / José M. Reyes and Michael A. Pontari -- Urinary Tract Stones / William G. Robertson -- Erectile Dysfunction / Chi-Ying Li and David Ralph -- Male Hypogonadism / Aikaterini Theodoraki and Pierre-Marc Gilles Bouloux -- Renal Transplantation / Behdad Afzali, Kerem B. Atalar, Refik Gökmen and David J. A. Goldsmith -- Analgesia for Urological Procedures / Aza A. Mohammed, Rose McRobert and Brian Little -- Alternative or Complementary Treatments in Urology / Charlotte L. Foley, Sergiy Tadtayev and Tamsin J. Greenwell.
- Men's health 2013, SpringerMen's Health is a concise, didactic compendium that covers three important aspects of male sexual health:- Testosterone Deficiency Syndrome; Premature Ejaculation and Sexually Transmitted Infections (STIs).The chapters that deal with Testosterone Deficiency Syndrome cover the epidemiology of the condition in the local context, the science behind the condition, its clinical presentation and treatment choices.The section on Premature Ejaculation advises the health practitioner on how to investigate this condition and describes the various treatment options available to the patient.The chapters on Sexually Transmitted Infections cover special aspects of the diagnosis, prevention and treatment of STIs occurring in Men which are not normally highlighted in the usual texts on STI management.Written by experts in the field, Men's Health is a valuable and timely resource for urologists, andrologists, endocrinologists as well as other health professionals practicing in these areas.
- Men's sexual health and fertility a clinician's guide 2014, SpringerIn the last decade, much of the clinical interest in the field of infertility has focused on advancing reproductive techniques and has often under-appreciated the role that male sexuality plays in reproductive problems. Male sexual function is an integral part of reproduction, and the treatment of sexual dysfunction is an important component for any couple seeking fertility. In some cases, treatment of sexual dysfunction may obviate the need for more invasive cures through advanced reproductive techniques. Thanks to recent clinical and scientific advances in male sexual medicine, the management of men's sexual dysfunction is often more effective and less invasive than how it was historically described. Men's Sexual Health and Fertility is the only resource that focuses on the interplay and interconnections between male sexual dysfunction and male factor infertility, gathering insightful data from a panel of experts in male sexual medicine for clinicians who treat couples with fertility issues due to male sexual dysfunction. Chapters discuss advances in the field of men's sexual medicine, including the latest treatment for erectile dysfunction, the most up-to-date understanding of the physiology and pathophysiology of ejaculation, and the growing body of evidence that low testosterone and male infertility are intimately related. As such, this book provides important information in order to be able to better understand the link between sexual dysfunction and infertility and, most importantly, to better treat male sexual dysfunction in the infertile couple.
- Metastasis of prostate cancer 2007, Springer
- "Minimally Invasive Therapy for Urinary Incontinence and Pelvic Organ Prolapse provides a detailed insight into "when, why, what and how" of various minimally invasive surgical procedures for surgical management of SUI, OAB & POP. The volume provides detailed diagrammatic and pictorial step-by-step descriptions of the techniques and management of complications related to these procedures. This book also presents an up to date, one-stop reference for anything pertaining to MIT of these pelvic disorders. Written by experts in the field, Minimally Invasive Therapy for Urinary Incontinence and Pelvic Organ Prolapse is a comprehensive resource designed for both the urologist and urogynecologist treating patients with urinary disorders and pelvic organ prolapsed, as well as for residents in training."--Publisher's website.
- MR enterography 2014, Springer
- Multidisciplinary care of urinary incontinence 2013, SpringerMultidisciplinary Care of Urinary Incontinence - a Handbook for Health Professionals effectively uses a multidisciplinary approach to assist health professionals in their care of patients with urinary incontinence. It is recognized that the best outcomes are achieved by a multidisciplinary team approach especially with regard to complex cases and care of the elderly. This book is written by expert authors from around the world with a wealth of experience in conducting clinics on pelvic floor, aged care voiding dysfunction and neuro-rehabilitation. The text is illustrated throughout and contains case-studies with input and practical tips from the different health disciplines at each point. Each chapter concludes with a list of seminal publications and web-based resources to assist the reader in the clinical environment. Multidisciplinary Care of Urinary Incontinence - a Handbook for Health Professionals is of benefit to medical and allied health disciplines including family physicians, nurses, urologists, gynecologists, physiotherapists, geriatricians, neurologists and rehabilitation specialists.
- Prostate cancer is the most common neoplasm in men and its management is very complex, in terms of both diagnosis and treatment. In recent years the value of multidisciplinary management within a prostate cancer unit has been increasingly recognized. Such a multidisciplinary approach within a specialized unit involves a variety of specialists, including urologists, oncologists, radiotherapists, radiologists and pathologists. This book describes in detail the advantages of multidisciplinary management of prostate cancer. It opens by explaining the nature of the required multidisciplinary team and the potential benefits of the prostate cancer unit as a structure for the delivery of specialist multidisciplinary care. Epidemiological aspects favoring multidisciplinary management are described and each element of care within the context of the prostate cancer unit is then discussed; also has been described the role of advanced imaging (Multiparametric MRI) in the management of PCa. Early diagnosis, risk classification, treatment decision making, surgery, radiotherapy, medical therapies and health care support are all fully considered. This book will be informative and enlightening for all who are involved in the management of patients with prostate cancer.
- Netter collection of medical illustrations. Volume 1, Reproductive system. 2nd ed. 2011, ClinicalKeySection 1. Development of the genital tracts and functional relationships of the gonads -- section 2. The penis and male perineum -- section 3. The scrotum and testis -- section 4. The seminal vesicles and prostate -- section 5. Sperm and ejaculation -- section 6. The vulva -- section 7. The vagina -- section 8. The uterus and cervix -- section 9. The fallopian tubes -- section 10. The ovaries -- section 11. The ovum and reproduction -- section 12. Pregnancy -- section 13. The breast.
- Section 1: Anatomy of the Urinary Tract -- Section 2: Normal and Abnormal Development -- Section 3: Physiology -- Section 4: Renal Diseases -- Section 5: Urinary Tract Infections -- Section 6: Urinary Tract Obstructions -- Section 7: Traumatic Injuries -- Section 8: Voiding Dysfunction -- Section 9: Neoplasms -- Section 10: Therapeutics.
- Nocturia causes, consequences and clinical approaches 2012, SpringerNocturia: Causes, Consequences and Clinical Approaches is the first volume exclusively on the topic of nocturia and is designed to be a comprehensive treatise on the subject. The volume is organized into 11 chapters first introducing and defining nocturia and its impact to patients and society, followed by chapters dealing with predictors and risk factors; relationship to sleep disorders; overactive bladder; and water homeostasis. Therapeutic areas addressing nocturia are covered in specific chapters and include pharmacotherapy affecting the bladder, prostate and kidneys as well as behavioral therapy and surgical intervention. Separate chapters are devoted to alternative therapies as well as the impact of nocturia in the elderly. The volume closes with a chapter presenting avenues for future investigation into the etiology and management of nocturia. Clinical case scenarios inclusive of figures and tables illuminate the evaluation and management of patients with nocturia. Nocturia: Causes, Consequences and Clinical Approaches will give physicians and related healthcare providers the background to understand the conditions causing nocturia, how nocturia affects society and the basis for its rational treatment. It will be used as a state of the art reference by urologists, urogynecologists, internists, nephrologists, pulmonologists, endocrinologists and sleep medicine specialists.
- Office andrology 2005, SpringerEssentials of sperm biology / Sharon T. Mortimer -- Endocrinology of male infertility / R. Dale McClure -- Sperm preparation for insemination / Grace M. Centola -- Specialized sperm testing: pros and cons / Kirk C. Lo ... [et al.] -- Genetic testing for male infertility / Robert D. Oates -- Optimizing success in a donor insemination program / Phillip E. Patton -- Ethical and legal considerations of donor insemination in the United States / Karen E. Adams -- Laboratory accreditation / William Byrd -- Office evaluation of male infertility / Darius A. Paduch and Eugene F. Fuchs -- Varicocele and infertility / Ulrike Zenke and Paul Turek --Strategic therapies for ejaculatory disorders and erectile dysfunction in the infertile man / Mustafa F. Usta and Wayne J. G. Hellstrom -- Vasectomy reversal / Eugene F. Fuchs and Darius A. Paduch -- Infection and male infertility / Emmett F. Branigan -- Obstructive and nonobstructive azoospermia / Kinloch Nelson and Peter Schlegel -- Testis biopsy and the infertile male / Sherman J. Silber -- Intracytoplasmic sperm injection: the process, the outcomes, and the controversies / David E. Battaglia -- Treatment of human immunodeficiency virus-discordant couples / Joseph E. Peña and Mark V. Sauer -- Sperm and egg retrieval for posthumous reproduction: practical, ethical, and legal considerations / Lisa V. Brock and Anna C. Mastroianni -- Gender selection: separating fact from fiction / David S. Karabinus and Keith L. Blauer.
- Operative atlas of laparoscopic reconstructive urology 2009, Springer
- Operative urology at the Cleveland Clinic 2006, SpringerSurgical incisions / J. Stephen Jones -- Adrenal disease / Andrew C. Novick -- Laparoscopic adrenalectomy / Mihir M. Desai and Inderbir S. Gill -- Renal malignancy / Andrew C. Novick -- Laparoscopic surgery for renal cell carcinoma / Inderbir S. Gill -- Renal calculus disease / Stevan B. Streem and J. Stephen Jones -- Renal vascular disease / Andrew C. Novick -- Surgical technique of cadaver donor nephrectomy / Venkatesh Krishnamurthi -- Open donor nephrectomy / David A. Goldfarb -- Living laparoscopic donor nephrectomy / Alireza Moinzadeh and Inderbir S. Gill -- Renal transplantation / David A. Goldfarb, Stuart M. Flechner, and Charles S. Modlin -- Renal trauma / J. Stephen Jones -- Nerve-sparing retroperitoneal lymphadenectomy / Eric A. Klein -- Ureterolysis / Lawrence M. Wyner -- Pancreas transplantation / Venkatesh Krishnamurthi -- Ureteropelvic junction obstruction / Stevan B. Streem and Jonathan H. Ross -- Laparoscopic pyeloplasty / Anup P. Ramani and Inderbir S. Gill -- Urothelial tumors of the renal pelvis and ureter / Stevan B. Streem -- Management of the en bloc distal ureter and bladder cuff during retroperitoneoscopic radical nephroureterectomy / Osamu Ukimura and Inderbir S. Gill -- Ureteral disorders in children / Jonathan H. Ross and Robert Kay -- Iatrogenic and traumatic ureteral injury / Bashir R. Sankari -- Ureteral calculi / Stevan B. Streem -- Office procedures / J. Stephen Jones -- Radical cystectomy and orthotopic diversion in men and women / Eric A. Klein -- Laparoscopic radical cystectomy with intracorporeal urinary diversion / Jihad H. Kaouk and Inderbir S. Gill.
- Physiology and pharmacology of erectile dysfunction / Rafael Carrion ... [et al.] -- Epidemiology of erectile dysfunction / Jonathan D. Schiff and John P. Mulhall -- Pharmacology of phosphodiesterase inhibitors / Erwin Bischoff -- Sildenafil citrate, the classical PDE5 inhibitor: a five-year review of its efficacy and safety in the arena of erectile dysfunction / Harin Padma-Nathan -- Tadalafil: clinical trials experience / Culley C. Carson, III -- Vardenafil: clinical trials experience / Ajay Nehra -- Erectile dysfunction assessment and management in primary care practice / Louis Kuritzky and Martin Miner -- When to refer the patient with erectile dysfunction to a specialist / Ira D. Sharlip -- Erectile dysfunction: assessing risk and managing the cardiac patient / Thorsten Reffelmann and Robert A. Kloner -- Is diabetic erectile dysfunction more difficult to treat? / Pierre Theuma and Vivian A. Fonseca -- Depression and antidepressant-associated erectile dysfunction / Raymond C. Rosen -- Intracavernous, transurethral, and topical therapies for erectile dysfunction in the era of oral pharmacotherapy: salvaging first-line therapy, failures with combination therapies / Hans-Martin A. Fritsche, Mustafa F. Usta, and Wayne J.G. Hellstrom -- Androgen deficiency of the aging male: enhancing erectile response to oral pharmacotherapy / Alvaro Morales and Jeremy P.W. Heaton -- Central activation of erection and clinical experience / Jeremy P.W. Heaton, Alvaro Morales, and Michael A. Adams -- Sustaining the cure: oral pharmacotherapy failures salvage with vacuum devices and penile implants / Ronald W. Lewis -- Prevention and treatment of erectile dysfunction utilizing lifestyle changes and dietary supplements: what works and what is worthless? / Mark A. Moyad -- Pharmacological strategies in the management of rapid ejaculation / Chris G. McMahon -- Sexual dysfunction after radical prostatectomy and the use of PDE-5 inhibitors / Andrew McCullough -- Female sexual dysfunction: is there a magic pill? / Ridwan Shabsigh ... [et al.].
- Overactive bladder in clinical practice 2012, SpringerOveractive Bladder in Clinical Practice provides a timely and comprehensive update on the overactive bladder (OAB) syndrome. The symptoms of urgency, with or without urge incontinence, usually with frequency or nocturia, now defined as the overactive bladder syndrome, have become a hot topic in urology, gynecology and urogynecology. Epidemiological data show very high disease prevalence (19%), particularly when compared with other chronic conditions such as diabetes (2%) and asthma (7%). OAB symptoms impact severely on patient's quality of life, causing significant impairment of patient vitality and limiting their physical role, similar to diabetes. The OAB syndrome involves all age groups, both sexes and is frequently found in neurogenic patients. This book will cover all aspects of OAB epidemiology, economics, pathophysiology, conservative, pharmaceutical and surgical and is invaluable reading for residents and trainees in urology, gynecology and urogynecology.
- Paroxysmal nocturnal hemoglobinuria and the glycosylphosphatidylinositol-linked proteins 2000, ScienceDirect
- Pediatric and adolescent urologic imaging 2014, SpringerThis book provides a comprehensive reference for health care providers of children and adolescents with urologic conditions. The first section covers the principles of each radiologic modality as well as radiation safety and the history of uroradiology. The second section integrates the lessons of the first section into specific urologic conditions arranged anatomically and includes additional unique conditions.
- Pediatric endourology techniques. Second edition. [2nd ed.] 2014, SpringerPediatric Endourology Techniques, Second Edition enables surgeons to carry out commonly performed minimally invasive pediatric urological procedures. It not only encompasses the majority of commonly performed pediatric endourological procedures in a standardised format, but also newer techniques and procedures that have developed since publication of the first edition. Pediatric Endourology Techniques,Second Editionis a fully illustrated text with accompanying online video content through Springer Extras, which addresses these issues. It is a valuable tool for pediatric urologists as well as pediatric surgeons, general surgeons, adult urologists and those with an interest in minimally invasive surgery.
- Pediatric robotic urology 2009, Springer
- Pediatric urology a general urologist's guide 2011, SpringerOffice urology -- Pediatric urology facts and figures -- Radiographic imaging -- Urinary tract infections -- Voiding dysfunction, urinary incontinence, and urodynamics -- Hematuria: gross and microscopic -- Office procedures -- Genetic diseases and associated urologic manifestations -- Genitalia -- Penis and scrotum: congenital and acquired anomalies -- Hypospadias -- Varicoceles, hernias, and hydroceles -- Testicles: undescended, retractile, and ascended -- Acute scrotum -- Urinary tract -- Hydronephrosis: prenatal and postnatal -- Vesicoureteral reflux -- Urinary tract obstruction -- Tissue engineering and regenerative medicine: current concepts -- Miscellaeous topics -- Adolescent urology -- Laparoscopy in the pediatric population -- Genitourinary tumors -- Genitourinary trauma.
- Pediatric urology evidence for optimal patient management 2013, Springer
- Pediatric urology. 2nd ed. 2010, ClinicalKeyPediatric Urology is an up-to-date, clinical reference that provides detailed descriptions of the best approaches for the functional, biological, and morphological aspects of the urinary tract before and after birth. John G. Gearhart, Richard C. Rink, and Pierre D.E. Mouriquand cover all areas of the field, including pediatric surgery, radiology, nephrology, endocrinology, biochemistry, and obstetrics. Access the latest research through new chapters on tissue engineering, acute scrotum, and more. The appealing new full-color design, streamlined approach, and online access at expertconsult.com make this an invaluable resource to pediatric urologists, pediatric surgeons, residents and fellows worldwide. Provides detailed descriptions of the best approaches for the functional, biological, and morphological aspects of the urinary tract before and after birth.
- Pediatric uroradiology. 2nd rev. ed. 2008, Springer
- Pelvic floor disorders. Surgical approach 2014, Springer
- Pelvic floor dysfunction a multidisciplinary approach 2006, Springer
- Pelvic floor re-education principles and practice. 2nd ed. 2008, SpringerPart I. Function and Dysfunction of the Pelvic Floor and Viscera -- Functional Anatomy of the Pelvic Floor and Lower Urinary Tract / Daniele Perucchini and John O. L. DeLancey -- Neural Control of Pelvic Floor Muscles / David B. Vodušek -- The Effects of Pregnancy and Childbirth on the Pelvic Floor / Kaven Baessler and Bernhard Schüssler -- Muscle Function and Ageing / Brenda Russell and Linda Brubaker -- Urinary Incontinence and Voiding Dysfunction / Annette Kuhn and Bernhard Schüssler -- Pelvic Organ Prolapse / Peggy A. Norton -- Anal Incontinence, Constipation, and Obstructed Defecation / Abdul H. Sultan and A. Muti Abulaffi -- Overactive Pelvic Floor Muscles and Related Pain / Wendy F. Bower -- Part II. Evaluation of the Pelvic Floor -- Clinical Evaluation of the Pelvic Floor Muscles / Diane K. Newman and Jo Laycock -- Examination of Patients with Pelvic Organ Prolapse / Ursula M. Peschers -- Urodynamics / Ursula M. Peschers -- Applying Urodynamic Findings to Clinical Practice / Christopher K. Payne -- Anorectal Physiology / David Z. Lubowski and Michael L. Kennedy -- Ultrasound Imaging / Kaven Baessler and Heinz Kölbl -- Magnetic Resonance Imaging / Thomas Treumann, Ralf Tunn and Bernhard Schüssler -- Electrophysiology / Clare J. Fowler and David B. Vodušek -- Outcome Measures in Pelvic Floor Rehabilitation / Kate H. Moore and Emmanuel Karantanis -- Part III. Techniques of Pelvic Floor Rehabilitation and Muscle Training -- Concepts of Neuromuscular Rehabilitation and Pelvic Floor Muscle Training / Jo Laycock -- Exercise, Feedback, and Biofeedback / Pauline E. Chiarelli and Kate H. Moore -- Electrical Stimulation / Wendy F. Bower -- Extracorporeal Magnetic Stimulation / Alastair R. Morris and Kate H. Moore -- Devices / Ingrid Nygaard and Peggy A. Norton -- Alternative Methods to Pelvic Floor Muscle Awareness and Training / Kaven Baessler and Barbara E. Bell -- Part IV. Treatment: Condition-Specific Assessment and Approaches -- Behavioral Treatment / Kathryn L. Burgio -- Stress Urinary Incontinence / Jo Laycock -- Evidence for the Effectiveness of Pelvic Floor Muscle Training in the Treatment and Antenatal Prevention of Female Urinary Incontinence / E. Jean C. Hay-Smith and Kate H. Moore -- Postpartum Management of the Pelvic Floor / Pauline E. Chiarelli -- Role of a Perineal Clinic / Ranee Thakar -- Overactive Bladder / Kathryn L. Burgio, Dudley Robinson and Linda Cardozo -- Sexual Dysfunction and the Overactive Pelvic Floor / Wendy F. Bower -- Anal Incontinence and Evacuation Difficulties / Christine Norton -- Incontinence During Sports and Fitness Activities / Alain P. Bourcier -- Pelvic Organ Prolapse - Pessary Treatment / Jane A. Schulz and Elena Kwon -- Part V. What to Do if Physiotherapy Fails? -- Stress Urinary Incontinence: Choice of Surgery / Stuart L. Stanton -- Genital Prolapse: Surgery for Failed Conservative Treatment / Stuart L. Stanton -- The Anal Sphincter / Klaus E. Matzel, Manuel Besendörfer and Stefanie Kuschel.
- Penile cancer diagnosis and treatment 2013, SpringerPenile Cancer: Diagnosis and Management provides a comprehensive overview of penile cancer for medical and surgical urologists oncologists, and other healthcare professionals. This book highlights many of the significant advances made in this field, which include a discussion of penile-sparing surgical and radiotherapeutic approaches to select primary penile tumors typically of lower stage and grade as well as advances in our understanding of the epidemiology, risk factors, and pathophysiology of penile cancer. The book also addresses many of the novel diagnostic and therapeutic surgical appro
- Penn clinical manual of urology. Second edition. [2nd ed.] 2014, ClinicalKeyConcise and practical, the Penn Clinical Manual of Urology is an indispensable guide to the daily practice of urology. This one-volume medical reference book presents the key clinical information you need to diagnose and treat urologic disorders quickly and effectively, featuring brief, well-illustrated chapters and an easy-to-read format. Essential for clinical questions and answers, the Penn Clinical Manual of Urology deserves a place on the bookshelf of not only every urologist, but every provider treating urologic problems. Find information quickly and easily with a format that includes clearly presented algorithms, tables, and figures. Effectively review for the boards using the self-assessment questions at the end of each chapter.
- Peyronie's disease a guide to clinical management 2007, SpringerHistorical review of Peyronie's disease: de la Peyronie to Devine / Emre Akkus -- Epidemiology of Peyronie's disease / Ates Kadioglu and Oner Sanli -- Experimental models for the study of the cellular and molecular pathophysiology of Peyronie's disease / Nestor F. Gonzalez-Cadavid and Jacob Rajfer -- The clinical implications of basic science research in Peyronie's disease / John P. Mulhall -- Evaluation of the man with Peyronie's disease / Jason M. Greenfield and Laurence A. Levine -- Oral treatment of Peyronie's disease / Claudio Teloken, Tulio Graziottin, and Patrick E. Teloken -- Intralesional treatment of Peyronie's disease / Muammer Kendirci, Landon Trost, and Wayne J. G. Hellstrom -- Topical therapy: iontophoresis and electromotive drug administration / Savino M. Di Stasi ... [et al.] -- Topical therapy for Peyronie's disease: ultrasound, laser, gels/creams/solutions / Paul F. Engelhardt and Claus R. Riedl -- Combination nonsurgical therapy / Vincenzo Mirone -- Extracorporeal shockwave therapy in Peyronie's disease / Ekkehard W. Hauck and Wolfgang Weidner --The Nesbit and plication procedures for Peyronie's disease / David J. Ralph -- Penile plication using the 16-dot technique / Robert C. Dean and Tom F. Lue -- Penile straightening with tunica albuginea plication: TAP procedure / Laurence A. Levine -- Incisional corporoplasty for the correction of Peyronie's disease caused penile curvature / Daniel Yachia -- Peyronie's disease: surgical straightening with tunica plication and tunica transfer / Konstantinos Hatzimouratidis and Dimitrios G. Hatzichristou -- A review of plaque incision with focus on temporalis fascia grafts / Martin Gelbard -- Venous patch graft surgery for Peyronie's disease / Robert C. Dean and Tom F. Lue -- Use of porcine small intestinal submucosal graft in the surgical management of Peyronie's disease / L. Dean Knoll -- Penile straightening with plaque incision or partial excision and human pericardial grafting technique / Laurence A. Levine -- Surgical straightening with tunica incision and grafting technique: single relaxing incision based on geometrical principles / Paulo H. Egydio -- Minimally invasive intracorporal incision of Peyronie's plaque / Anthony J. Bella and Gerald B. Brock -- Surgical straightening with penile prosthesis / Steven K. Wilson and Culley C. Carson, III.
- Polymers for vascular and urogenital applications 2012, CRCnetBASE"In a carefully crafted, multidisciplinary, skillfully focused format, this book covers attributes of polymers used for vascular, urological, and gynecological materials. It provides a brief analysis of how the use of polymers in vascular and urogenital applications has evolved in the past five decades and outlines their common and specific functional requirements. It features small, readable monographs that provide a brief description of the evolving role of a particular material, and present topics in highly integrated, well-balanced, authoritatively prepared segments on materials processing and in vitro and in vivo evaluation, complete with case studies"--Provided by publisher.
- Practical Controversies in Medical Management of Stone Disease addresses areas of controversy regarding the evaluation and management of recurrent stone formers and provides the best available evidence to support or refute common drug and dietary recommendations. Aimed at dispelling common myths about preventative stone treatment, this book provides practical recommendations for the diagnostic evaluation and treatment of recurrent calcium stone formers, and addresses uric acid and cystine stone formers. Written by experts in stone disease, Practical Controversies in Medical Management of Stone Disease is a concise yet comprehensive resource that provides the best, current evidence supporting medical practices regarding kidney stone prevention. The book will be of value to anyone involved in the medical care of patients with kidney stones, including urologists, nephrologists, primary care physicians, and dieticians.
- Practical pelvic floor ultrasonography a multicompartmental approach to 2D/3D/4D ultrasonography of pelvic floor 2014, SpringerPractical Pelvic Floor Ultrasonography: A Multicompartmental Approach to 2D/3D/4D Ultrasonography of Pelvic Floor provides an introduction to pelvic floor imaging, as well as a resource to be used during initial and more advanced practice. The book helps readers gain competence in performing 2D/3D/4D transperineal, and 2D/3D endovaginal / endoanal ultrasound evaluation of the pelvic floor, including anal sphincter and levator ani complex. The text also shows interested clinicians how to obtain optimal images of pelvic floor muscles and organs, how to obtain useful images of the anal canal, levator ani complex, urethra, and how to interpret clinical implications of alterations of the anatomy. In addition, emerging techniques of dynamic pelvic floor ultrasound and 3D/4D ultrasound are introduced through step by step protocols that are aimed at optimizing sonographic images. Written entirely by experts in their fields, Practical Pelvic Floor Ultrasonography: A Multicompartmental Approach to 2D/3D/4D Ultrasonography of Pelvic Floor is a comprehensive resource that will be of great value to urogynecologists, colorectal surgeons, obstetrician and gynecologists, female urologists, ultrasonographers, radiologists, physiotherapists, as well as fellows in urogynecology and colorectal surgery.
- Practical urological ultrasound 2013, SpringerFeatures original research on the basic science of ultrasound and explores all aspects of the subject, beginning with the physical science of ultrasound and continuing through clinical applications in urology.
- Practical urology essential principles and practice 2011, SpringerEmbryology for Urologists -- Gross and Laparoscopic Anatomy of the Upper Urinary Tract and Retroperitoneum -- Gross and Laparoscopic Anatomy of the Lower Urinary Tract and Pelvis -- Anatomy of the Male Reproductive System -- Imaging of the Upper Tracts -- Principles of Bacterial Urinary Tract Infections and Antimicrobials -- An Overview of Renal Physiology -- Ureteral Physiology and Pharmacology -- Physiology and Pharmacology of the Bladder -- Pharmacology of Sexual Function -- Metabolic Evaluation and Medical Management of Stone Disease -- Molecular Biology for Urologists -- Chemotherapeutic Agents for Urologic Oncology -- Tumor and Transplant Immunology -- Pathophysiology of Renal Obstruction -- Pathophysiology of Lower Urinary Tract Obstruction -- Urologic Endocrinology -- Physiology and Pharmacology of the Prostate -- Wound Healing and Principles of Plastic Surgery -- Overview of the Evaluation of Lower Urinary Tract Dysfunction -- Urologic Instrumentation: Endoscopes and Lasers -- Prostatitis and Male Chronic Pelvic Pain Syndrome -- Disorders of Scrotal Contents: Orchitis, Epididymitis, Testicular Torsion, Torsion of the Appendages, and Fournier's Gangrene -- Nonbacterial Infections of the Genitourinary Tract -- Sexually Transmitted Infections -- Hematuria: Evaluation and Management -- Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia (BPH) -- Practical Guidelines for the Treatment of Erectile Dysfunction and Peyronie's Disease -- Premature Ejaculation -- The Role of Interventional Management for Urinary Tract Calculi -- Current Concepts of Anterior Urethral Pathology: Management and Future Directions -- Urinary Incontinence -- Neurogenic Bladder -- Pelvic Prolapse -- Urinary Tract Fistula -- Urologic Trauma -- Bladder Cancer -- Prostate Cancer -- The Management of Testis Cancer.
- Premature ejaculation (PE) is a common male sexual complaint, with a self-reported prevalence of 20-30% in observational studies. Over the past 10-20 years, our understanding of PE has evolved from the initial premise that it is a psychological disorder to the current recognition of an underlying biological and probably genetic predisposition in many cases. This new understanding has been accompanied by novel approaches to the assessment and treatment of patients with PE.Premature Ejaculation is the first truly contemporary reference volume on the subject. It covers a broad range of aspects relevant to PE, including past and current definitions of the condition, the etiology of PE, its epidemiology, the impact of PE on both the patient and his partner, and the treatment of PE using pharmacotherapy and/or psychotherapy/cognitive behavioral therapy. The book is well illustrated and referenced, and the primary focus throughout is on evidence-based medicine. This timely and authoritative volume will be of great value to sexual health physicians, andrologists, endocrinologists, urologists, psychiatrists, sexologists, psychologists, and other interested healthcare professionals.
- Primer of geriatric urology 2013, SpringerPrimer of Geriatric Urology provides a review of the demographics of our aging urologic population and their unique needs. Chapters review alterations that must be considered in the initial evaluation of the aging patient, and follow with practical suggestions for development of the management plan, whether by counseling, medication, invasive procedure or foregoing procedures. Complications, especially likely in the elderly, are also discussed. The volume also provides a review of the use of necessary adjunctive services such as home care or hospice in the context of Medicare in the USA. An important chapter provides hints on urology practice in a nursing home. The volume concludes with analysis of specific geriatric entities seen in urology practice. Primer of Geriatric Urology will be of great value to urologists, residents, fellows and allied health professionals including physician's assistants and nurse practitioners who treat urologic patients. Additionally, this book will also be of interest to primary care providers who treat elderly patients with urologic problems.
- Primer on prostate cancer 2014, Springer
- Problem based urology 2013, SpringerUrological problems are so common as to represent a significant burden for many primary care physicians and GPs in their everyday practice worldwide. A major concern is how far to go themselves in the diagnosis and treatment of a urological diseases and when to refer the patient for specialist care. Problem Based Urology provides an easy and user-friendly tool to assist in decision making in the treatment of the more common urological problems and the most appropriate timing for referral to specialist care. Within each chapter, one or more flow charts are included to help the reader to formulate the most likely diagnosis on the basis of findings from medical history, examination and investigations, and to start an appropriate first-line treatment or to refer the patient to the specialist where appropriate. This book will appeal to the primary care physician or general practitioner and is an invaluable reference for professionals dealing with common urological complaints.
- Prostate biopsy indications, techniques, and complications 2008, SpringerDefining the problem : from subclinical disease to clinically insignificant prostate cancer / Wael Sakr -- What every patient should know about prostate cancer before he submits to biopsy of his prostate / Thomas A. Stamey, Rosalie Nolley, and Dorothea Torti -- Prostate-specific antigen and prostate cancer screening / Stacy Loeb, Misop Han, and William J. Catalona -- The role of complexed prostate-specific antigen in prostate cancer screening / Matthew E. Nielsen and Alan W. Partin -- Newly recognized forms of prostate-specific antigen and emerging molecular markers / Eduardo I. Canto and Kevin M. Slawin -- The role of prostate-specific antigen velocity in the diagnosis and management of prostate cancer / H. Ballentine Carter -- Prostate cancer screening : navigating the controversy / Timothy C. Brand and Ian M. Thompson -- Prostate cancer nomograms and how they measure up to neural networks / Pierre I. Karakiewicz and Michael W. Kattan -- Preparation for prostate biopsy / Alan M. Nieder and Mark S. Soloway -- Principles of prostate ultrasound / Martha K. Terris -- Minimizing pain and optimizing patient experience during prostate biopsy / J. Stephen Jones -- Prostate biopsy techniques / Katsuto Shinohara -- Biopsy strategies-how many and where? / Joseph C. Presti, Jr. -- Transperineal prostate biopsy / Paolo Emiliozzi and Vito Pansadoro -- Repeat prostate biopsies and the Vienna nomograms / Bob Djavan and Sibylle Marihart -- Saturation biopsy for detection and characterization of prostate cancer / J. Stephen Jones -- Pathologic implications of prostate biopsy / Ming Zhou and Cristina Magi-Galluzzi -- Complications of transrectal ultrasound-guided prostate biopsy / Sam S. Chang and Michael S. Cookson -- Management and controversies of high-grade prostatic intraepithelial neoplasia and atypical small acinar proliferation on prostate biopsy / Alon Z. Weizer ... [et al.] -- Future directions in prostate cancer diagnosis / Nicholas J. Fitzsimons ... [et al.]
- Prostate biopsy interpretation an illustrated guide 2012, SpringerAnatomy and Normal Histology of the Prostate Pertinent to Biopsy Practice -- Prostate Needle Biopsy Sampling Techniques: Impact on Pathological Diagnosis -- Diagnosis of Limited Cancer in Prostate Biopsy -- Immunohistochemistry in Prostate Biopsy Evaluation -- Contemporary Approach to Gleason Grading of Prostate Cancer -- Histologic Variants of Prostate Carcinoma -- Benign Mimics of Prostate Carcinoma -- Atypical Cribriform Lesions of the Prostate Gland: Emerging Concepts of Intraductal Carcinoma of the Prostate (IDC-P) -- High-Grade Prostatic Intraepithelial Neoplasia -- Atypical Glands Suspicious for Cancer -- Spindle Cell Lesions of the Prostate Gland -- Treatment Effect in Benign and Malignant Prostate Tissue -- Molecular Biology of Prostate Cancer and Emerging Diagnostic and Prognostic Biomarkers -- Biopsy Specimen Handling, Processing, Quality Assurance Program -- Reporting of Prostate Biopsy.
- Prostate cancer 2007, Springer
- Prostate cancer biochemistry, molecular biology and genetics 2013, SpringerCell biology. Stem cells in the normal and malignant prostate / Norman J. Maitland -- Role of reactive stroma in prostate cancer / Rebeca San Martin, David R. Rowley -- The role of cholesterol in prostate cancer / Keith R. Solomon, Kristine Pelton, Michael R. Freeman -- Genetics. PTEN in prostate cancer / Marcus A. Ruscetti, Hong Wu -- ETS fusion genes in prostate cancer / J. Chad Brenner, Arul M. Chinnaiyan, Scott A. Tomlins -- Cell signaling. Signaling mechanisms of Vav3, a guanine nucleotide exchange factor and androgen receptor coactivator, in physiology and prostate cancer progression / Leah S. Lyons, Kerry L. Burnstein -- Transforming growth factor-beta in prostate cancer / David Danielpour -- The p38 MAPK pathway in prostate cancer / Daniel Djakiew -- NF-kappaB2/p52 in prostate cancer / Nagalakshmi Nadiminty, Ramakumar Tummala, Yezi Zhu -- The functional role of DAB2IP, a homeostatic factor, in prostate cancer / Eun-Jin Yun, Kaijie Wu, Yuh-Shyan Tsai -- Tyrosine kinases in prostate cancer / Yun Qiu, Dhanraj Deshmukh -- Human prostatic acid phosphatase in prostate carcinogenesis / Sakthivel Muniyan, Yu-Wei Chou, Shou-Qiang Ou-Yang -- Hormonal. Truncated androgen receptor splice variants in prostate cancer / Peter E. Lonergan, Donald J. Tindall -- Biology and clinical relevance of estrogen receptors in prostate cancer / Shuk-Mei Ho, Pheruza Tarapore, Ming-Tsung Lee, and Yuet-Kin Leung -- Vitamin D and prostate cancer / Jung-Sun Kim, Justin M. Roberts, Nancy L. Weigel -- HDAC6 regulation of androgen signaling in prostate cancer / Junkui Ai, Zhou Wang -- Beyond the cell cycle : implications of D-type cyclin deregulation in prostate cancer / Michael A. Augello, William F. Ostrander Jr., Karen E. Knudsen -- Cell death. Role of par-4 in prostate cancer / Nidhi Shukla, Nikhil K. Hebbar, Vivek M. Rangnekar -- Autophagy and prostate cancer therapeutics / Hsing-Jien Kung, Chun Changou, Hao G. Nguyen, Joy C. Yang, Christopher P. Evans, Richard J. Bold, and Frank Chuang.
- Xenograft models of human prostate cancer -- The pathology of human prostatic atrophy and inflammation -- Tissue microarrays in prostate cancer research -- Prostate (cancer) stem cells -- Cancer-host interactions: a paradigm shift brings new understanding and new opportunities -- Androgen receptor function in prostate cancer progression -- Hedgehog signaling in development and cancer -- Cholesterol, cell signaling, and prostate cancer -- Gene therapy for advanced prostate cancer -- Role of transforming growth factor-ss in immunotherapy of prostate cancer -- Biology and therapeutic basis of prostate cancer bone metastasis -- Molecular imaging: noninvasive strategies to visualize gene expression in living subjects -- Quantum dot nanotechnology for prostate cancer research -- Expression profiling of prostate cancer progression -- Somatic alterations in prostate cancer progression -- Linkage studies of prostate cancer families to identify susceptibility genes -- Somatic DNA methylation changes and prostatic carcinogenesis -- Telomeres, telomerase, chromosome stability, and prostate cancer -- Racial differences in prostate cancer mortality -- Radiotherapy for the treatment of locally advanced prostate cancer -- Recombinant antibody candidates for treatment of prostate cancer -- Differentiation agents and epigenomic therapies: an overview and potential use for prostate cancer -- Taxane-based chemotherapy for prostate cancer -- Co-targeting therapeutics for hormone refractory prostate cancer -- Intercellular targets of prostate cancer -- Novel and efficient translational clinical trial designs in advanced prostate cancer.
- Prostate cancer diagnosis PSA, biopsy and beyond 2013, SpringerBased on the highly successful first edition of Prostate Biopsy: Indications, Techniques, and Complications, this new volume presents new concepts that have emerged in answer to current questions from its audience. Many new perspectives and technologies are presented, many from the authors' internationally recognized work on the topic. Substantial developments in techniques and complications are explored in detail. The chapter authors comprise a complete spectrum of specialists in their respective subject areas. All authors are internationally accepted as the premier authorities on their chosen topics. Prostate Cancer Diagnosis: PSA, Biopsy, and Beyond presents new data on the controversial issue of PSA screening and thresholds as indication to perform biopsy. Office based transrectal saturation biopsy is covered in detail. Other topics explored include template guided biopsy and image-guided biopsy as well as a completely new paradigm for prevention of complications.Prostate Cancer Diagnosis: PSA, Biopsy, and Beyond will be of great value and utility to all practicing urologists.
- Prostate cancer prevention 2014, SpringerProstate cancer is by far the most common cancer in men and the second leading cause of death due to cancer. It comprises a mixed group of tumours displaying varying clinical behaviour: while some have a very aggressive course, others are rather indolent. Prevention of prostate cancer and discrimination between aggressive and indolent forms are important clinical goals, and the acquisition of significant new evidence on means of achieving these aims makes this book particularly timely. A wide range of topics are covered by leading authorities in the field. The biology and natural history of prostate cancer are reviewed, and the role of lifestyle and dietary factors, assessed. Detailed attention is paid to risk prediction biomarkers and to the role of novel high-throughput nucleic acid-based technologies in improving risk prediction and thereby allowing tailored approaches to cancer prevention. Potential means of chemoprevention of prostate cancer are also reviewed in depth, covering the very positive new data on the impact of aspirin as well as evidence regarding 5-reductase inhibitors, DFMO, and lycopene. Guidance is provided on the differentiation of aggressive from indolent disease, and the policy and research implications of recent findings are examined. This book will be of interest to both clinicians and researchers.
- Prostate cancer-- a comprehensive perspective 2013, SpringerProstate cancer is the commonest male cancer with over 5 million survivors in US alone. Worldwide, the problem is staggering and has attracted significant attention by media, scientists and cancer experts. Significant research, discoveries, innovations and advances in treatment of this cancer have produced voluminous literature which is difficult to synthesize and assimilate by the medical community. Prostate Cancer: A Comprehensive Perspective is a comprehensive and definitive source which neatly resolves this problem. It covers relevant literature by leading experts in basic science, molecular biology, epidemiology, cancer prevention, cellular imaging, staging, treatment, targeted therapeutics and innovative technologies. Prostate Cancer: A Comprehensive Perspective, is a valuable and timely resource for urologists and oncologists.
- Questions in daily urologic practice updates for urologists and diagnostic pathologists 2008, Springer
- Radical prostatectomy surgical perspectives 2014, SpringerRadical Prostatectomy: Surgical Perspectives provides surgeons with a comprehensive overview of the anatomical approach to radical prostatectomy, whether done through an open (retropubic) or robotic-assisted laparoscopic approach. All chapters are structured to provide a step-by-step approach to the most technically demanding and most common oncologic procedure in urology surgery. The book includes highly practical presentations of typical surgical patients seen in the clinical practice of urology and relies heavily on illustrations and intraoperative photographs to clearly complement the text. In addition, the book ?includes a detailed description of the management of uncommon but potentially serious intraoperative complications, including major vascular injury, ureteral transaction, and rectotomy. Written by authors from a variety of integrated disciplines, including anesthesia, cardiology, and nursing Radical Prostatectomy: Surgical Perspectives is a unique and valuable resource in the field of urology both for those currently in training and for those already in surgical practices.
- Radiology illustrated. Uroradiology. 2nd ed. 2012, SpringerUroradiology is an up-to-date, image-oriented reference in the style of a teaching file that has been designed specifically to be of value in clinical practice. All aspects of the imaging of urologic diseases are covered, and case studies illustrate the findings obtained with the relevant imaging modalities in both common and uncommon conditions. Most chapters focus on a particular clinical problem, but normal findings, congenital anomalies, and interventions are also discussed and illustrated.In this second edition, the range and quality of the illustrations have been enhanced, and many schematic drawings have been added to help readers memorize characteristic imaging findings through pattern recognition. The accompanying text is concise and informative. Besides serving as an outstanding aid to differential diagnosis, this book will provide a user-friendly review tool for certification or recertification in radiology.
- Renal cancer-- contemporary management 2013, SpringerEpidemiology, Screening, and Clinical Staging / Michael J. Lipsky, Christopher M. Deibert -- Molecular Biology and Genetics / Jeff Klomp, Karl Dykema, Bin Tean Teh, Kyle Furge -- Familial and Hereditary Syndromes / Brian Shuch, Peter Pinto -- Pathology of Renal Cell Carcinoma / Fang-Ming Deng, Jonathan Melamed, Ming Zhou -- Imaging of Renal Cancer / Jalil Afnan, Christoph Wald -- Molecular Imaging for Renal Cell Carcinoma / Jian Q. Yu, Yamin Dou -- History of Renal Surgery for Cancer / Kamal Nagpal, Karim Hamawy -- Natural History, Role of Biopsy, and Active Surveillance of Renal Masses / Anthony T. Corcoran, Marc C. Smaldone, Robert G. Uzzo -- Interventional Radiology and Angioinfarction: Transcatheter Embolization of Renal Tumors / Sebastian Flacke, Shams Iqbal -- Unified Approaches to Surgery and Systemic Therapy for Renal Cell Carcinoma / Patrick A. Kenney, Christopher G. Wood -- Rationale for Partial Nephrectomy / Nicholas Donin, William Huang -- Objectifying Complexity of Kidney Cancers: Relationships of Tumor Anatomy and Outcomes / Serge Ginzburg, Alexander Kutikov, Robert G. Uzzo -- Open Partial Nephrectomy / Patrick A. Kenney, Matthew F. Wszolek, John A. Libertino -- Minimally Invasive Partial Nephrectomy and Ablative Procedures for Small Renal Masses / Casey G. Kowalik, David Canes, Ali Moinzadeh -- Surgery for Renal Cell Carcinoma with Thrombus Extension into the Vena Cava / Chad Wotkowicz, John A. Libertino -- Role of Lymphadenectomy / Prof. Dr. Hein Van Poppel -- Postoperative Surveillance Protocols for Renal Cell Carcinoma / Megan M. Merrill., Jose A. Karam -- Role of Surgery in Locally Recurrent and Metastatic Renal Cancer / Paul Russo -- Outcomes: Prognostic Factors, Models, and Algorithms / Brandon K. Isariyawongse, Michael W. Kattan -- Adjuvant Systemic Therapy, Immunotherapy, and Targeted Treatment / Linda Cerbone, Cora N. Sternberg -- Role for Radiation Therapy in Renal Cancer / Andrea McKee, Arul Mahadevan, Timothy Walsh -- Surgical Management for Transitional Cell Carcinoma of the Upper Tract / Jason R. Gee -- Management of Non-clear Cell Renal Cell Carcinoma / Henry J. Conter, Jose A. Karam, Nizar M. Tannir.
- Renal cell carcinoma-- clinical management 2013, SpringerPart 1.Localized Disease --Etiology of Renal Cell Carcinoma: Incidence, Demographics, and Environmental Factors /Frédéric D. Birkhäuser, Nils Kroeger and Allan J. Pantuck --Pathology of Renal Cell Carcinoma /Ming Zhou and Huiying He --Familial Renal Cell Carcinoma /Simon P. Kim and Bradley C. Leibovich --Imaging of Renal Cell Carcinoma /Andrei S. Purysko, Erick M. Remer and Brian R. Herts --Prognostic Factors for Localized Renal Cell Carcinoma /Brian R. Lane --Part 2.Management of Localized RCC --Assessment of Oncologic Risk for Clinical Stage T1 Renal Tumors and the Emerging Role of Renal Mass Biopsy /Matthew N. Simmons and Steven C. Campbell --Radical Nephrectomy for Localized Renal Tumors: Optimum Oncological and Renal Functional Considerations /Paul Russo --Nephron-Sparing Surgery for Renal Cancer /Alon Z. Weizer, Jeffery S. Montgomery and Khaled S. Hafez --Thermal Ablation /Surena F. Matin and Kamran Ahrar --Active Surveillance of the Small Renal Mass /Marc C. Smaldone, Daniel Canter, Alexander Kutikov and Robert G. Uzzo --Part 3.Locally Advanced Disease --Locally Advanced Renal Cell Carcinoma /Stephen H. Culp and Christopher G. Wood --Neoadjuvant Targeted Therapy and Consolidative Surgery /Sean P. Stroup and Ithaar H. Derweesh --Part 4.Advanced Disease --Biology of Renal Cell Carcinoma (Vascular Endothelial Growth Factor, Mammalian Target of Rapamycin, Immune Aspects) /Alexandra Arreola and W. Kimryn Rathmell --Prognostic Factors in Advanced Renal Cell Carcinoma /Michael M. Vickers and Daniel Y. C. Heng --Integration of Surgery in Metastatic Renal Cancer /Tom Powles and Axel Bex --Immunotherapy for Renal Cell Carcinoma /Diwakar Davar, Moon Fenton and Leonard J. Appleman --Targeted Therapy: Vascular Endothelial Growth Factor /Linda Cerbone and Cora N. Sternberg --Mammalian Target of Rapamycin in Renal Cell Carcinoma /Eric Jonasch and Michel Choueiri --Palliative and Supportive Care for Renal Cancer /Armida Parala-Metz and Mellar Davis.
- Renal Neoplasms: An Integrative Approach to Cytopathologic Diagnosis provides a comprehensive review of cytology and all the morphologic correlates, including their respective limitations, related to a broad spectrum of renal neoplasms with special emphasis on cyto-histo correlation. The book also discusses related usual radiologic appearances, gross features and possible targeted therapies where appropriate. The volume features an integrated approach that provides step-by-step guidance in the morphologic evaluation of renal neoplasms. Furthermore, all chapters are written by experts who deal with this type of specimen in their daily practice and have insights into the pathology as well as the clinical aspects of these tumors. Illustrated with high quality color microphotographs and formatted for ease of use in the lab, Renal Neoplasms: An Integrative Approach to Cytopathologic Diagnosis is a helpful guide to everyday pathology practice, especially for pathologists who rarely encounter this type of specimen.
- Anatomical Aspects of the Extra- and Retroperitoneal Space / Ahmed E. Ghazi and Jean V. Joseph -- Essential Instruments in Laparoscopic and Robotic Surgery / Ty T. Higuchi and Matthew T. Gettman -- Upper Tract Retroperitoneal Access Techniques / Ahmed E. Ghazi and Jean V. Joseph -- Laparoscopic and Robotic Adrenalectomy / Edmund Y. Ko, Richard T. Schlinkert and Mitchell R. Humphreys -- Retroperitoneoscopic Simple and Radical Nephrectomy / Guillaume Ploussard, Andras Hoznek, Laurent Salomon, Claude C. Abbou and Alexandre de la Taille -- Laparoscopic and Robotic Partial Nephrectomy / Lori M. Dulabon and Michael D. Stifelman -- Retroperitoneal Robotic Partial Nephrectomy / James R. Porter -- Laparoscopic and Robotic Mid and Distal Ureteral Reconstructive Surgery / Alireza Moinzadeh -- Robot-Assisted Laparoscopic Nephroureterectomy / Sijo J. Parekattil, Hany N. Atalah and Li-Ming Su -- Laparoscopic Pelvic Lymphadenectomy in Prostate Cancer / Evangelos Liatsikos, Minh Do, Panagiotis Kallidonis, Iason Kyriazis and Alan McNeil, et al. -- Laparoscopic Simple Prostatectomy / Xavier Cathelineau, Rafael E. Sanchez-Salas, Eric Barret, Francois Rozet and Marc Galiano, et al. -- Extraperitoneal Laparoscopic Radical Prostatectomy / Sarah P. Psutka and Douglas M. Dahl -- Robot-Assisted Extraperitoneal Laparoscopic Prostatectomy / Thomas T. Hoang, Satya B. Allaparthi and Ingolf A. Tuerk -- Laparoendoscopic Single-Site Retroperitoneal Surgery / Michael A. White and Jihad H. Kaouk -- On the Horizon / Jean V. Joseph and Hitendra R. H. Patel.
- Laparoscopic and robotic instrumentation for urologic reconstructive surgery in adults -- Instrumentation during pediatric robotic anastomoses and reconstruction -- Instrumentation during pediatric laparoscopic robotic anastomoses and reconstruction -- Adult laparoscopic partial nephrectomy for renal cell carcinoma -- Adult robotic-assisted partial nephrectomy for renal cell carcinoma -- Pediatric laparoscopic and robotic upper pole nephrectomy for nonfunctioning moieties -- Adult laparoscopic and robotic-assisted pyeloplasty for ureteropelvic junction obstruction -- Pediatric laparoscopic (infant, pre-pubertal, and teenager) pyeloplasty for ureteropelvic junction obstruction -- Pediatric robotic (infant, pre-pubertal, and teenager) pyeloplasty for ureteropelvic junction obstruction -- Laparoscopic ureteroureterostomy and correction of ureteral defects -- Robotic ureteroureterostomy and correction of ureteral defects -- Robotic radical cystectomy and use of intestinal segments for reconstruction in the adult patient -- Laparoscopic bladder augmentation and creation of continent-catheterizable stomas in the pediatric patient -- Laparoscopic ureteral reimplant surgery to correct reflux disease -- Robotic ureteral reimplant surgery to correct reflux disease -- Laparoscopoic and robotic orchiopexy for the impalpable undescended testicle -- Laparoscopic anastomoses and bladder neck reconstruction following radical prostatectomy -- Robotic anastomoses and bladder neck reconstruction following radical prostatectomy -- The role of NOTES and LESS in minimally invasive reconstructive urological surgery -- Laparoscopy and robotics in stress urinary incontinence and pelvic reconstructive surgery.
- Part I: Robotic Technology and Instrumentation -- Robotic Technology and Ancillary Instruments in Renal Surgery -- Preoperative Preparation and Positioning for Robotic Renal Surgery -- Part II: Nephrectomy -- Robotic Simple and Radical Nephrectomy -- Robotic Donor Nephrectomy: Hand-Assisted Technique -- Robotic Nephrectomy for Complex Tumors -- Part III: Partial Nephrectomy -- Robotic Partial Nephrectomy: Basic Principles and Techniques -- Robot-Assisted Partial Nephrectomy: Complex Tumors and Evolving Techniques -- Near-Infrared Fluorescence Imaging in Robotic Partial Nephrectomy -- Part IV: Upper Urinary Tract Surgery -- Robotic Pyeloplasty -- Robotic Nephroureterectomy -- Robotic Ureteral Resection and Reconstruction for Urothelial Tumors and Benign Disease -- Part V: Pediatric Robotic Renal and Ureteral Surgery -- Upper Tract Obstruction -- Vesicoureteral Reflux and Ureteral Reimplantation -- Part VI: Advanced and Evolving Robotic Renal Techniques -- Retroperitoneal Robotic Kidney Surgery -- Single-Incision Robotic Renal and Ureteral Surgery.
- Robotic surgery of the bladder 2014, SpringerRobotic Surgery of the Bladder is a dedicated resource to understanding and mastering the concepts and practical aspects of robotic bladder surgery. The volume provides an introduction to urologists interested in initiating robotic radical cystectomy by providing them background, concepts, steps, and tools and tricks to introduce robotic radical cystectomy into their clinical practice, all in a safe, stepwise, and organized manner. For the more experienced robotic surgeon, the text serves as a resource for more advanced applications and techniques. The volume is also accompanied by many still images and a DVD of video clips. Written by experts in the field, Robotic Surgery of the Bladder is a comprehensive resource that maintains the time-tested oncologic principles of bladder cancer surgery, while introducing the advantages that exist with robotic-assisted approaches.
- Robotic urologic surgery. 2nd ed. 2012, SpringerPt. 1. Introduction to robotic surgery -- Pt. 2. Robotic surgery of the prostate -- Pt. 3. Kidney and adrenals -- Pt. 4. Bladder cancer -- Pt. 5. Pediatric urology -- Pt. 6. Robotic microsurgery -- Pt. 7. Allied health -- Pt. 8. Executive.
- Robotic urology. 2nd ed. 2013, SpringerPart I: Kidneys -- Surgical Anatomy of Kidneys and Adrenals -- Robotic Kidney Surgery -- Partial Resection of the Kidney for Renal Cancer -- Robotic Nephroureterectomy -- Robotic Pyeloplasty -- Part II: Adrenals -- Robotic Adrenal Surgery -- Part III: Pelvis -- Surgical Anatomy of Pelvic Lymph Nodes -- Robotic-Assisted Pelvic Lymph Node Dissection -- Pelvic Lymphadenectomy for Localised Prostate Cancer and Robot-Assisted Radical Prostatectomy -- Part IV: Bladder -- Surgical Anatomy of the Bladder -- Robotic-Assisted Radical Cystectomy for Bladder Cancer in the Female -- Male Robot-Assisted Radical Cystectomy -- Robotic-Assisted Intracorporeal Urinary Diversion -- Technique of Extracorporeal Urinary Diversion -- Robot-Assisted Laparoscopic Ureteral Reimplantation -- Part V: Prostate -- Surgical Anatomy of the Prostate for Radical Prostatectomy -- Anatomical Aspects of the Neurovascular Bundle in Prostate Surgery -- Part VI: Benign Disease -- Robotic Adenomectomy -- Part VII: Radical Prostatectomy -- Trans- and Extraperitoneal Approach for Robotic-Assisted Radical Prostatectomy -- Radical Prostatectomy: Anterior Approach -- Robotic Prostatectomy: The Posterior Approach -- Bladder Neck Dissection During Robotic-Assisted Laparoscopic Radical Prostatectomy -- Techniques of Nerve Sparing in Robot-Assisted Radical Prostatectomy -- Antegrade Robot-Assisted Radical Prostatectomy: Factors Impacting Potency Preservation -- Allogenic Nerve Interposition During Non-Nerve-Sparing Robot-Assisted Radical Prostatectomy -- The Apical Dissection -- Posterior Reconstruction of the Rhabdosphincter -- The Urethrovesical Anastomosis -- Robotic-Assisted Laparoscopic Radical Salvage Prostatectomy -- Outcome Measures After Robot-Assisted Radical Prostatectomy -- Urinary Incontinence After Robotic-Assisted Laparoscopic Radical Prostatectomy -- Part VIII: Reconstructive Urology -- Paediatric Pelvic Exenteration -- Robot-Assisted Laparoscopy for Genital Organ Prolapse -- Robot-Assisted Laparoscopic Repair of Supratrigonal Vesicovaginal Fistulae with Peritoneal Flap Inlay -- Robotic Surgical Training: Imparting Necessary Skills to Future Urologic Surgeons.
- Robotics in genito-urinary surgery 2011, SpringerThe History of Robotic Surgery -- Robotic Instrumentation and Operating Room Setup -- Port Placement in Robotic Urologic Surgery -- Achieving Efficiency in the Operating Room: Step by Step -- Laparoscopy vs. Robotics: Ergonomics -- Does It Matter? -- Anesthetic Considerations for Robotic Urologic Surgery -- The Development of a Robotic Urology Program in the UK -- Robotic Urologic Surgery: How to Make an Effective Robotic Program -- Witnessing the Transition of Open to Robotic Surgery -- Patient-Side Surgeons: The Unsung Heroes of Robotic Surgery -- Training in Robotic Urologic Surgery -- Animal Laboratory Training: Current Status and How Essential Is It? -- Training of Operating Room Technician and Nurses in Robotic Surgery -- Impact of Virtual Reality Simulators in Training of Robotic Surgery -- Training, Credentialing, and Hospital Privileging for Robotic Urological Surgery -- Research in Urologic Oncology in an Era of Minimally Invasive Surgery -- Databases and Data Management for Robotic Surgery -- The Role of Scientific Journals in Disseminating New Technology -- Predicting Robotic Utilization in Urologic Disease: An Epidemiology-Based Model -- Development of the Vattikuti Institute Prostatectomy: Historical Perspective and Technical Nuances -- Transferring Knowledge of Anatomical Dissection from the Laboratory to the Patient: An Australian Perspective -- Robot-Assisted Radical Prostatectomy: A Prostate Surgeon's Perspective -- Cautery-Free Technique of Robot-Assisted Radical Prostatectomy: Impact on Nerve Preservation and Long-Term Outcome on Recovery of Sexual Function -- Current Concepts in Cavernosal Neural Anatomy and Imaging and Their Implications for Nerve-Sparing Radical Prostatectomy -- Robot-Assisted Radical Prostatectomy for Large Glands and Median Lobe -- Extraperitoneal Robot-Assisted Radical Prostatectomy: Simulating the Gold Standard -- The Retrograde Extraperitoneal Approach: Robotic Retrograde Extraperitoneal Laparoscopic Prostatectomy (RRELP). Technical Modifications for Robotic Prostatectomy -- Robotic Radical Prostatectomy: Cancer Control and Implications of Margin Positivity -- Techniques to Improve Urinary Continence Following Robot-Assisted Radical Prostatectomy -- Penile Rehabilitation After Robotic Radical Prostatectomy: The Best Strategy -- Laparoscopy or Robotic Radical Prostatectomy: Pros and Cons -- Complications of Robotic Prostatectomy -- Robotic Urologic Surgery: Robotic-Assisted Adrenalectomy -- Robot-Assisted Laparoscopic Radical Nephrectomy and Nephroureterectomy -- Robot-Assisted Partial Nephrectomy -- Robotic Urologic Surgery: Robot-Assisted Partial Nephrectomy -- Robotic Donor Nephrectomy: Technique and Outcomes -- An European Perspective -- Robot-Assisted Laparoscopic Pyeloplasty -- Robotic Surgery for Urolithiasis -- Ureteral Reconstruction Utilizing Robotic-Assisted Techniques -- Robotic or Laparoscopic Renal Surgery: Pros and Cons -- Robot-Assisted Radical Cystectomy in Male: Technique of Spaces -- Robotic-Assisted Laparoscopic Anterior Pelvic Exenteration for Bladder Cancer in the Female -- Robotic-Assisted Laparoscopic Extended Pelvic Lymph Node Dissection for Bladder Cancer -- Robot-Assisted Intracorporeal Ileal Conduit -- Robotic Urinary Diversion: Technique, Current Status, and Outcomes -- Robotic Bladder Surgery Complications: Prevention and Management -- Robotic Surgery for Ureteral Anomalies in Children -- Robotic Surgery of the Kidney in Children -- Robotic Bladder Surgery in Children -- Robotic Surgery in Urogynecology -- Robotic Repair of Vesico-vaginal Fistula -- Robotic Surgery in Male Infertility (Robotic-Assisted Microsurgery) -- Treater to Target: Experiences of a Prostate Cancer Participant -- My Prostate Cancer -- Telementoring and Telesurgery in Urology -- Robotic Systems: Past, Present, and Future.
- Schrier's Diseases of the kidney. 9th ed. / 2013, Ovid"The recent advances in many aspects of kidney diseases have mandated a new edition of Schrier's Diseases of the Kidney. As in previous editions, a group of international experts was assembled to present this information in a comprehensive, authoritative, concise, and readily accessible fashion. The chapters have been extensively revised and updated"--Provided by publisher.
- Scrotal pathology 2012, Springer
- Smith & Tanagho's General urology 2013 (18th ed.), AccessSurgery
- Sperm chromatin biological and clinical applications in male infertility and assisted reproduction 2011, SpringerSperm DNA damage is common and has been associated with reduced rates of conception, impaired embryonic development and increased risk of miscarriage. Although the exact causes of sperm DNA damage are unknown, it is clear that infertile men possess substantially higher levels of sperm DNA damage than do fertile men. Written by leading, internationally renowned clinicians and basic scientists with expertise in sperm DNA, Sperm Chromatin: Biological and Clinical Applications in Male Infertility and Assisted Reproduction provides readers with a thoughtful and comprehensive review of the biological and clinical significance of sperm DNA damage.
- No evidence for killer sperm or other selective interactions between human spermatozoa in ejaculates of different males in vitro (1999) / Harry D.M. Moore, M. Martin & Tim R. Burkhead -- Psychological adaptation to human sperm competition (2002) / Todd K. Shackelford ... [et al.] -- Semen displacement as a sperm competition strategy in humans (2004) / Gordon G. Gallup & Rebecca L. Burch -- Human female orgasm and male fluctuating asymmetry (1995) / Randy Thornhill, Steve W. Gangestad & Randall Comer.Sperm competition in humans / Nicholas Pound, Todd K. Shackelford, Aaron T. Goetz -- Why are there so many tiny sperm? Sperm competition and the maintenance of two sexes (1982) / Geoffrey A. Parker -- Sperm competition, male prudence, and sperm-limited females (2002) / Nina Wedell, Matthew J.G. Gage & Geoffrey A. Parker -- Human sperm competition (1984) / Robert L. Smith -- "Kamikaze" sperm in mammals? (1988) / R. Robin Baker & Mark A. Bellis -- Deformed sperm are probably not adaptive (1989) / Alexander H. Harcourt -- Elaboration of the kamikaze sperm hypothesis: a reply to Harcourt (1989) / R. Robin Baker & Mark A. Bellis -- Number of sperm in human ejaculates varies in accordance with sperm competition theory (1989) / R. Robin Baker & Mark A. Bellis -- Do females promote sperm competition? Data for humans (1990) / Mark A. Bellis & R. Robin Baker -- Human sperm competition: ejaculate adjustment by males and the function of masturbation (1993) / R. Robin Baker & Mark A. Bellis -- Human sperm competition: ejaculate manipulation by females and a function for the female orgasm (1993) / R. Robin Baker & Mark A. Bellis --
- Stem cells and prostate cancer 2013, Springer
- PNL is the gold standard for the management of large and/or otherwise complex renal stones. Since its introduction in the seventies PNL has undergone considerable evolution, mainly driven by the improvement in access techniques, endoscopic instrument technology, lithotripsy devices and drainage management. The conventional prone position for PNL has been challenged in the last two decades by a variety of modifications, including the supine and Galdakao-modified supine Valdivia positions, which make simultaneous retrograde working access to the collecting system possible and have proven anesthesiological advantages. The Galdakao-modified supine Valdivia position allowed the development of ECIRS (Endoscopic Combined IntraRenal Surgery), a technique exploiting a combined antegrade and retrograde approach to the upper urinary tract, using both rigid and flexible endoscopes with the related accessories. The synergistic teamwork of ECIRS provides a safe and efficient, minimally-invasive procedure for the treatment of all kinds of urolithiasis. The aim of this book is to share with the urologic community worldwide our experience, our standardization of all the steps, and tips and tricks for the procedure.
- Surgery for urinary incontinence 2013, ClinicalKeyEtiology and epidemiology of urinary incontinence /W. Stuart Reynolds --Preoperative evaluation of patients with urinary incontinence and selection of appropriate surgical procedures for stress incontinence /W. Stuart Reynolds Mickey Karram --Surgical anatomy of the anterior vaginal wall, retropubic space, and inner groin /Mickey Karram --Retropubic operations for stress urinary incontinence /Mark D. Walters --Biologic bladder neck pubovaginal slings /Mickey Karram, Dani Zoorob, and W. Stuart Reynolds --Retropubic synthetic midurethral slings /Mickey Karram, Dani Zoorob, and W. Stuart Reynolds --Transobturator synthetic midurethral slings /Dani Zoorob and Mickey Karram --Single incision minislings /Mickey Karram, W. Stuart Reynolds, and Dani Zoorob --Surgical management of voiding dysfunction and retention after stress incontinence surgery /Mickey Karram --Bulk enhancing agents for stress incontinence : indications and techniques /Roger Dmochowski --Sacral neuromodulation /W. Stuart Reynolds and Roger Dmochowski --Botulinum toxin injection therapy /W. Stuart Reynolds and Roger Dmochowski --Bladder augmentation /W. Stuart Reynolds and Roger Dmochowski --Mixed and recurrent incontinence, incontinence in patients with pelvic organ prolapse, and how best to avoid and manage complications; case discussions /Mickey Karram, W. Stuart Reynolds, and Roger Dmochowski.
- Surgical management of pelvic organ prolapse. 1st ed. 2013, ClinicalKeyEpidemiology, risk factors, and social impact of pelvic organ prolapse / Corina Schmid and Christopher F. Maher -- Surgical anatomy of the pelvis and the anatomy of pelvic support / Mickey Karram -- Preoperative evaluation and staging of patients with pelvic organ prolapse / Mickey Karram -- Indications and techniques for vaginal hysterectomy and vaginal trachelectomy in patients with pelvic organ prolapse / Mickey Karram -- Surgical procedures to suspend a prolapsed uterus / Christopher F. Maher and Mickey Karram -- Robot-assisted laparoscopic colpo- and cervicosacropexy with the da Vinci Surgical System / Catherine A. Matthews -- Surgical management of apical vaginal prolapse / Christopher Maher and Mickey Karram -- Surgical management of anterior vaginal wall prolapse / Christopher F. Maher and Mickey Karram -- Surgical correction of posterior pelvic floor defects / Mickey Karram -- Obliterative procedures for pelvic organ prolapse / Janelle Evans and Mickey Karram -- Surgery for pelvic organ prolapse : avoiding and managing complications / Mickey Karram and Christopher F. Maher.
- Textbook of penile cancer 2012, Springer
- Therapeutic management of incontinence and pelvic pain pelvic organ disorders. 2nd ed. 2008, Springer
- Therapy in nephrology & hypertension a companion to Brenner & Rector's The Kidney. 3rd ed. 2008, ClinicalKey
- Tips and tricks in laparoscopic urology 2007, Springer
- Top tips in urology. 2nd ed. 2013, WileyExpert urologists give their personal insight into the best methods of overcoming a variety of scenarios that occur during urologic surgery, randing from how to best salvage specific difficult intra-operative problems, to simplifying complex procedures, or tips advising on how best to clarify diagnosis.
- Ureteroscopy indications, instrumentation & technique 2013, SpringerUreteroscopy: Indications, Instrumentation & Technique provides a comprehensive and state-of-the-art review of ureteroscopy and will serve as a valuable resource for urologists throughout the world. The volume provides evidence based outcomes to support the expanding indications for ureteroscopy as well as a strong emphasis on appropriate patient selection. The book also provides detailed recommendations for the step-by-step approach to ureteroscopy from both an instrumentation and techniques perspective. The work is extensively illustrated with endoscopic images and includes a DVD of video clips which further highlight the clinical application of available endoscopic techniques. The text also includes highly practical presentations of complex endourologic case presentations with expert analysis and editorial commentary. Example cases would include common but challenging cases of ureteroscopy for transitional cell cancer, horseshoe kidneys, hutch diverticulum, and pregnancy. Ureteroscopy: Indications, Instrumentation & Technique provides a unique and valuable resource in the field of ureteroscopy and will include basic instructions for those currently in training or those who have yet to adapt intrarenal ureteroscopy into their surgical armamentarium. Advanced ureteroscopic approaches are also covered for those wishing to enrich their current clinical expertise.
- Urethral reconstructive surgery 2006, Springer1. Introduction / F. Schreiter, G.H. Jordan -- 2. Historical highlights in the development of urethral surgery / K. Bandhauer -- 3. Anatomy and blood supply of the urethra and penis / J.K.M. Quartey -- 4. Fundamentals and principles of tissue transfer / G.H. Jordan, K. Rourke -- 5. Tissue engineering: the future of urethral reconstructive surgery? / K.D. Sievert -- 6. Hypospadia repair: the past and the present - also the future? / R. Hohenfellner -- 7. Urethral reconstruction in women / E.J. McGuire -- 8. A Current overview of the treatment of urethral strictures: etiology, epidemiology, pathophysiology, classification, and principles of repair / S.M. Schlossberg -- 9. The Acute posterior urethral injury / J. Latini, J.T. Stoffel, L. Zinman --10. The endoscopic treatment of post-traumatic membranous urethral strictures / V. Pansadoro, P. Emiliozzi -- 11. Endoscopic realignment of post-traumatic membranous urethral disruption / V. Pansadoro, P. Emiliozzi -- 12. The Role of bouginage, visual urethrotomy, and stents today / H. Sperling, M. Goepel, H. Rübben -- 13. Alternative endourological techniques in the treatment of urethral strictures: review of the current literature / E. Geist, R. Hartung -- 14. Reconstruction of the bulbar and membranous urethra / F. Schreiter, B. Schönberger, R Olianas -- 15. The Sagittal posterior (transcoccygeal transrectal transsphincteric) approach for reconstruction of the posterior urethra / D. Streit -- 16. The Use of flaps in urethral reconstructive surgery / G.H. Jordan, K.F. Rourke -- 17. Reconstruction of the fossa navicularis / G.H. Jordan, K.F. Rourke -- 18. Penile circular fasciocutaneous flaps for complex anterior urethral strictures / K.J. Carney, J.W. McAninch -- 19. Selective use of the perineal artery fasciocutaneous flap (Singapore) in urethral reconstruction / L. Zinman -- 20. Anterior urethral stricture repair and reconstruction in hypospadias cripples / F. Schreiter, B. Schönberger --21. The Use of free grafts for urethroplasty / D.E. Andrich, A.R. Mundy -- 22. Repair of bulbar urethra using the Barbagli technique / G. Barbagli, M. Lazzeri -- 23. Indications and limitations of buccal mucosa reconstructive urethral surgery in hypospadias repair / M. Fisch -- 24. Indications and limits for the use of boccal mucosa for urethral reconstruction / D. Kröpfl, A. Verweyen -- 25. Two-stage mesh-graft urethroplasty / F. Schreiter.
- Urethral reconstructive surgery 2008, Springer
- Urinary and fecal incontinence an interdisciplinary approach 2005, Springer
- Urinary tract 2011, SpringerThe basic anatomy and physiology of the urinary tract, the validity of animal models and other methodological considerations as well as a range of potential therapeutic targets are comprehensively reviewed by leading international experts, making this a unique reference source for basic scientists and research-minded clinicians alike.
- The causative organisms of Urinary Tract Infection are dynamic in terms of their virulence and resistance patterns, leading to challenges in the prevention and treatment of urinary infection. This is of relevance in both primary and secondary care, and many of the challenges are similar in both developed and developing countries alike. UTI is also associated with considerable cost in terms of morbidity, economic and research expenditure. Written by an exceptional and well-known team of clinical experts, the purpose of Urinary Tract Infections addresses key questions facing physicians about this condition. This book is written primarily for general physicians who wish to have a broad understanding of a number of important issues concerning infection in parts of the urinary tract. Specialists may also find the book useful as a quick reference guide.
- Urinary tract stone disease 2011, SpringerThis book constitutes more than a quarter of urologists, workload in the Western countries and is more than half in the Middle-East and Central Asian countries. The surgical management of stone disease has changed considerably in the last five years and our understanding of mechanism of stone disease has improved with some old concepts discarded and newer theories gaining ground. Covering the entire spectrum of urinary stone disease and with contributions of more than fifty internationally recognised experts, this exhaustive and complex reference work will be invaluable to all urologists, nephrologists and non-medical scientists.
- Providing a true integration of pathology with clinical management, this volume presents a practical, comprehensive text on benign and malignant disease of the adult bladder. Integrating pathology, surgical management, oncology and molecular study in a site-specific manner to include the urethra, urinary bladder, ureter and renal pelvis, The Urinary Tract: A Comprehensive Guide to Patient Diagnosis and Management is the first text in adult bladder disease to closely interweave multiple clinical disciplines into each chapter. For the majority of chapters, a pathologist and urologist or urologic oncologist are paired to provide the greatest integration of information for each disease process.
- Urodynamics. 3rd ed. 2006, Springer
- Urogynecology evidence-based clinical practice. 2nd ed. 2013, SpringerTaking the history -- Physical examination -- How to manage the patient after history and examination -- How to conduct urodynamic studies: essentials of a good urodynamic report -- Outcome measures used to assess response -- Conservative therapy of urodynamic stress incontinence -- Step-by-step guide to treatment of overactive bladder (OAB)/Detrusor overactivity -- Anal incontinence and disorders of obstructive defecation -- Surgery for urodynamic stress incontinence -- Management of prolapse -- Recurrent bacterial cystitis in women -- Interstitial cystitis.
- Urogynecology in primary care 2007, Springer
- Urolithiasis-- a comprehensive history 2014, SpringerUrolithiasis: A Comprehensive History provides a historical sojourn into the varied manifestations of kidney stone disease. Utilizing historical sources and integrating classic material with new concepts, this new volume provides depth and details on stone disease not found in modern overviews on the topic. This volume serves as a very useful tool for physicians and researchers dealing with kidney stone disease. Written by a renowned expert in the field, Urolithiasis: A Comprehensive History is an in depth resource that heightens our medical understanding of this ancient disease and is of great value to urologists, nephrologists, endocrinologists interested in stone disease.
- Urolithiasis-- basic science and clinical practice 2012, SpringerUrolithiasis: Basic Science and Clinical Practice is a comprehensive text that assists urologists in defining the best choice of treatment for each case through a balanced presentation of underlying science, diagnostic methods and practical tips, with additional discussions on educational issues, costs and management of resources. This user-friendly practical resource is replete with full-color illustrations and radiographs, covering all aspects of stone disease, and offering perspectives from Europe, the Americas, China, South Asia, Africa, and Australia. Topics include the biochemical and physiological basis of stone formation, treatment options, complications, assessment of techniques and technologies available, and guidelines on the prevention of stone recurrence. Urolithiasis: Basic Science and Clinical Practice is the definitive text on stone disease and is a must read for young consultants starting a new practice, and urologists in residence and training.
- Urologic robotic surgery 2008, Springer
- Urologic robotic surgery in clinical practice 2008, Springer
- Urologic surgery for the gynecologist and urogynecologist female pelvic surgery. 1st ed. 2010, ClinicalKeyAnatomy of the female urinary tract / John A. Occhino, Christine A. Heisler, and John B. Gebhart -- Imaging of the female urinary tract / Bohyun Kim, John B. Gebhart, and Akira Kawashima -- Cystourethroscopy for the gynecologist / Gamal M. Ghoniem and John B. Gebhart -- Reconstructive procedures performed on the urethra / John B. Gebhart -- Surgical procedures performed on the urinary bladder / Christopher J. Klingele and John B. Gebhart -- Avoiding and managing ureteral injury during pelvic surgery / Emanuel C. Trabuco and John B. Gebhart.
- Urologic surgical pathology. Third edition. [3rd ed.] 2014, ClinicalKeyNonneoplastic disease of the kidney / Stephen M. Bonsib -- Neoplasms of the kidney / Gregory T. MacLennan and Liang Cheng -- Renal pelvis and ureter / Stephen M. Bonsib and Liang Cheng -- Fine needle aspiration of the kidney / Andrew A. Renshaw -- Nonneoplastic disorders of the urinary bladder / Robert H. Young -- Neoplasms of the urinary bladder / Liang Cheng, Antonio Lopez-Beltran, Gregory T. MacLennan, Rodolfo Montironi, and David G. Bostwick -- Urine cytology / Deloar Hossain, David Hull, and David G. Bostwick -- Nonneoplastic diseases of the prostate / David G. Bostwick, David Hull, Jun Ma, and Deloar Hossain -- Neoplasms of the prostate / David G. Bostwick, Liang Cheng, and Isabelle Meiers -- Seminal vesicles / David G. Bostwick -- Urethra / Victor E. Reuter -- Nonneoplastic diseases of the testis / Manuel Nistal, Ricardo Paniagua, and Pilar Gonzalez-Peramato -- Neoplasms of the testis / Thomas M. Ulbright and Robert E. Emerson -- Spermatic cord and testicular adnexae / David G. Bostwick -- Penis and scrotum / Jae Y. Ro, Mukul Divatia, Kyu-Rae Kim, Mahul B. Amin, and Alberto G. Ayala -- Adrenal glands / Ernest E. Lack and Edina Paal.
- Urological cancers 2005, Springer
- Urological cancers in clinical practice 2007, Springer
- Urological Emergencies: A Practical Approach, Second Edition provides a concise, evidence based review of common urgent and emergent urological conditions in children and adults. Descriptions of the appropriate diagnostic and therapeutic considerations on topics of traumatic, infectious, obstructive, hemorrhagic, iatrogenic, vascular and congenital urological emergencies in adults and children are provided. The text is organized by pathophysiology rather than organ system, allowing the reader to develop approaches to the care of patients with acute urological conditions based on mechanism of disease. Relevant pathophysiological background and epidemiology are reviewed, necessary diagnostic testing recommended, and detailed medical, surgical and endourological management approaches have been provided. All chapters incorporate published guidelines and best practice recommendations from appropriate organizations including the American Urological Association, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and various International Consultations on Urological Diseases. New or significantly revised chapters in each of the subsections address innovations in trauma care and prevention, new strategies in management of kidney stones, and special care needs of children with acute urological problems. Urological Emergencies: A Practical Approach, Second Edition is of great value to practicing urologists, urology residents, emergency medicine trainees and practitioners, and primary care providers including MD's, PA's, and NP's without immediate access to urological consultation.
- Urological emergencies in clinical practice. 2nd ed. / 2013, SpringerPresenting Symptoms of Urological Emergencies /Hashim Hashim --Lower Urinary Tract Emergencies /John Reynard --Nontraumatic Renal Emergencies /John Reynard --Other Infective Urological Emergencies /Hashim Hashim --Traumatic Urological Emergencies /Noel Armenakas --Scrotal and Genital Emergencies /John Reynard --Postoperative Emergencies After Urological Surgery /Hashim Hashim --Ureteric Colic in Pregnancy /Dan Wood --Management of Urological Neoplastic Conditions Presenting as Emergencies /Dan Wood --Pediatric Emergencies /Dan Wood --Common Emergency Urological Procedures /John Reynard.
- Evidence-Based and Age-Appropriate Preventive Health Evaluations in Men /Raul J. Seballos --Clinical Testing of Endothelial Function in Erectile Dysfunction /Titte R. Srinivas and Mark S. Segal --Controversies and Opportunities for PSA Screening /Benjamin Cohen and Eric A. Klein --A Phenotypic Approach to the Evaluation and Treatment of Men with Chronic Pelvic Pain Syndrome /Kiranpreet Khurana and Daniel A. Shoskes --Recurrent Urinary Tract Infections in Men /Stacey C. Carter, Mya E. Levy and Scott I. Zeitlin --Evaluation and Medical Management of BPH and LUTS in Men /Bilal Chughtai, Richard Lee, Matthew Hall and Alexis E. Te --The Surgical Treatment of Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia /James C. Ulchaker --Rational Herbal and Complementary Interventions for Prevention and Treatment of Urological Disorders in Men /Mark A. Moyad --Androgen Decline in the Aging Male: Making Sense of the "Male Menopause" /Daniel A. Shoskes --Evaluation and Treatment of Peyronie's Disease /Lawrence S. Hakim --Primary Care Evaluation and Treatment of Erectile Dysfunction /Martin Miner and Jacob Rajfer --Surgical Treatment for Erectile Dysfunction /Drogo K. Montague --Managing Overactive Bladder and Urinary Incontinence in the Male /Humphrey Atiemo and J. Quentin Clemens --Treatment of Localized Prostate Cancer /Andrew J. Stephenson --Management of Urethral Strictures in Men /Richard A. Santucci and Mang L. Chen --Medical and Surgical Interventions in Male Fertility /Kevin Chandler and Edmund Sabanegh Jr. --Evaluation and Therapy of Chronic Scrotal Content Pain and Epididymitis /Jonas S. Benson and Laurence A. Levine --Psychosocial Factors in Painful Urogenital Conditions in Men /Dean A. Tripp and Jessica Ginting.
- Urological oncology 2008, Springer
- Urological tests in clinical practice 2007, Springer
- Urology. 4th ed. 2006, OvidUrinary retention -- Lower urinary tract symptoms -- Abnormal prostate-specific antigen or digital rectal examination -- Hematuria -- Incontinence -- Acute stone management -- Genitourinary pain -- Erectile dysfunction -- Penile complaints -- Scrotal mass -- Empty scrotum -- Urethral discharge -- Trauma -- Urologic emergencies -- Abdominal masses -- Ambiguous genitalia -- Urinary tract infections -- Sexually transmitted diseases --Benign prostatic hyperplasia -- Urinary calculi -- Voiding disorders -- Prostate cancer -- Urothelial cancers -- Kidney tumors -- Adrenals -- Testicular cancer -- Cancer of urethra and penis -- Metabolic disorders -- Obstructive uropathy -- Renal failure -- Renovascular hypertension -- Pregnancy -- Interstitial cystitis -- Anomalies of the genitourinary tract -- Vesicoureteral reflux -- Diagnostic techniques.
- Uropathology high-yield pathology 2012, ClinicalKeyNonneoplastic disease of the prostate -- Neoplastic disease of the prostate -- Seminal vesicles -- Nonneoplastic disease of the urinary bladder -- Neoplastic disease of the urinary bladder -- Nonneoplastic disease of the kidney -- Neoplastic disease of the kidney -- Renal pelvis and ureter -- Nonneoplastic disease of the testis -- Neoplastic disease of the testis -- Spermatic cord and testicular adnexa -- Disease of the penis, urethra, and scrotum -- Soft tissue tumors and lymphomas.
- Vaginal surgery for the urologist. 1st ed. 2012, ClinicalKeyHow to perform a focused pelvic examination on a woman with pelvic floor dysfunction / Eva Fong, Mickey Karram and Victor W. Nitti -- Vaginal incisions and dissection / Victor W. Nitti and Benjamin M. Brucker -- Pelvic organ prolapse : introduction, nonsurgical management, and planning of surgical repair / Grace Y. Biggs, Victor W. Nitti, Mickey Karram -- Repair of anterior vaginal wall prolapse / Victor W. Nitti and Mickey Karram -- Indications and techniques for vaginal hysterectomy for uterine prolapse / Nirit Rosenblum Victor W. Nitti -- Vaginal Repair of enterocele and apical prolapse / Victor W. Nitti and Mickey Karram -- Repair of the posterior vaginal compartment / Nirit Rosenblum and Victor W. Nitti -- Repair of pelvic organ prolapse utilizing synthetic mesh kits / Janelle Evans and Mickey Karram -- Obliterative procedures for the correction of pelvic organ prolapse / Benjamin M. Brucker, Denise Chow and Victor W. Nitti -- Urethral diverticulectomy / Victor W. Nitti -- Benign vaginal wall masses and paraurethral lesions / Sagar R. Shah and Victor W. Nitti -- Female urethral reconstruction / Victor W. Nitti and Nirit Rosenblum -- Treatment of obstruction following stress incontinence surgery / Sagar R. Shah and Victor W. Nitti -- Vaginal repair of urethrovaginal and vesicovaginal fistulae / Nirit Rosenblum and Victor W. Nitti -- Avoiding and managing vaginal surgery complications-a series of case discussions / Mickey Karram.
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- AAP Red Book Online
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Sabiston Textbook of Surgery
- Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics
- Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics
- Mandell, Douglas, & Bennett's Principles & Practice of Infectious Diseases
- Red Book Online
- ICU Book
- Primary Care Medicine
- Campbell-Walsh Urology
Shortcut to Licensed Content
Bookmark on other websites
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Links” (IE7) or “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
- Once installed it will look like this
- Click "Bookmark on Lane" to bookmark any webpage
- Your saved bookmark will appear on this page
What is it?
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) gives you access to resources licensed by the library even when you're not coming from a Lane or a Stanford IP address.
While we'd like Lane to be your gateway to our licensed content, we recognize that links to books, articles and journals come from a variety of different sources (Google, your email, RSS reader, etc.).
When installed, it will look your browser bookmark.
At the page you would like to proxy, click the "Lane Gateway to Licensed Content" to invoke it.
If Lane licenses that content, you'll get access as if you were on campus.
How does it work?
This allows you to view the URL as though you were on campus, giving you access to materials licensed for use by the Stanford academic community.
If you're not authenticated, you'll be prompted for your SUNetID and password.
Don't see the Toolbar, Bookmarks, or Links or Favorites bar?
From the "View" menu, select "Toolbars" & choose "Bookmarks Toolbar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Show Bookmarks Bar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Always Show Bookmarks Bar"
- Right-click in a clear area near the browser address bar
- In the menu, check a box next "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites Bar" (IE8, IE9)
- Managing IE Favorites
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) only works with resources Lane has licensed and configured to work with our proxy server.
If invoked on a resource we do not license and/or have not yet configured, you will see an error message:
The Lane proxy server cannot complete your request because this host has not been configured properly.
We make no attempt to configure our proxy server for every resource, only those we license and for which a Stanford IP address grants access.
Drag this button onto your browser toolbar to install.
- Right click this button
- Select "Add to Favorites", click "Continue" if you see a security alert
- In "Create in" menu, select "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites Bar" (IE8, IE9) to install
Drag this button onto Safari Bookmarks bar to install.
- Springer Protocols
- MD Consult
- Lange Series
- National Academy Press
- NCBI Bookshelf
- Thieme Atlases