Books by Subject
- Active surveillance for localized prostate cancer : a new paradigm for clinical management — Immunology of the female genital tract (100)
- Interstitial prostate brachytherapy : LDR-PDR-HDR — Radical prostatectomy : surgical perspectives (100)
- Radiological imaging of the kidney. Second edition [2nd ed.] — Vaginal surgery for the urologist. 1st ed. (83)
- 2013 SpringerHoskin, Peter J.; Kovács, György.Prostate brachytherapy has been the subject of heated debate among surgeons and the proponents of the various brachytherapy methods. This very first interdisciplinary book on the subject provides a comprehensive overview of innovations in low dose rate (LDR), high dose rate (HDR), and pulsed dose rate (PDR) interstitial brachytherapy for the management of local or locally advanced prostate cancer. In addition to detailed chapters on patient selection and the use of imaging in diagnostics, treatment guidance, and implantation control, background chapters are included on related medical physics issues such as treatment planning and quality assurance. The results obtained with the different treatment options and the difficult task of salvage treatment are fully discussed. All chapters have been written by internationally recognized experts in their fields who for more than a decade have formed the teaching staff responsible for the successful GEC-ESTRO/EAU Prostate Brachytherapy Teaching Course. This book will be invaluable in informing residents and others of the scientific background and potential of modern prostate brachytherapy. It will also prove a useful source of up-to-date information for those who specialize in prostate brachytherapy or intend to start an interstitial brachytherapy service.
- 2006 SpringerBaba, Shirō; Ono, Yoshinari.
- 2014 SpringerAsif, Arif; Salman, Loay; Yevzlin, Alexander S.1. Pre-operative Evaluation -- History -- 2. Pre-operative Evaluation -- Physical Examination -- 3. Admission After Intervention -- When and Why -- 4. Communicating Effectively for Interventional Nephrologists -- 5. Anticoagulants and Thrombolytics -- 6. Non-invasive Screening and Testing for PAD in CKD patients -- 7. Overview of PAD Treatment in the CKD Population: Indications, Medical Strategies, and Endovascular Techniques -- 8. Unconventional Venous Access: Percutaneous Translumbar and Transhepatic Venous Access for Hemodialysis -- 9. Approach to a Non-Functioning Catheter -- 10. Approach to the Infected Catheter -- 11. Approach to a Patient Referred for Vascular Mapping -- 12. Approach to Arteriovenous Access -- 13. Approach to a Patient with Non-maturing AV Fistula -- 14. Approach to an Arteriovenous Access with Hyperpulsatile Pulse -- 15. Approach to an Arteriovenous Access with a Faint Thrill -- 16. Approach to an Arteriovenous Access with No Thrill, Bruit, or Pulse -- 17. Approach to Patient with Arteriovenous Access Presenting with Hand Pain -- 18. Central Vein Stenosis -- 19. Approach to a Patient with Pseudoaneurysm -- 20. Approach to Chest Pain During Dialysis -- 21. Approach to Cyanotic Digits and Hand Paresis -- 22. Approach to an Abnormal Surveillance Measurement -- 23. Arterial Stenosis Affecting Arteriovenous Fistulae and Grafts in Hemodialysis Patients: Approach to Diagnosis and Management -- 24. Approach to the Patient with Suspected Renal Artery Stenosis -- 25. Vascular Injury During Interventions -- 26. Pulmonary Embolism Associated with Dialysis Access Procedure -- 27. Stent Migration -- 28. Foreign Body Retrieval -- 29. Contrast and Medication Allergic Reactions -- 30. The Management of Serious Adverse Events Associated with Interventional Procedures -- 31. Preoperative Evaluation of a Patient for Peritoneal Dialysis Catheter -- Operative Considerations for Peritoneal Dialysis Catheter -- Approach to a Patient with Visceral Perforation.
- 2007 SpringerBassi, Pierfrancesco; Pagano, Francesco.
- 2007 SpringerCarson, Culley C.
- 2015 SpringerWang, Li-Jen.This book presents a wealth of images of the different diseases and conditions encountered in the field of uroradiology with the aim of enabling the reader to recognize lesions, to interpret them appropriately, and to make correct diagnoses. The images have been selected because they depict typical or classic findings and provide a route to lesion recognition that is superior to memorization of descriptions. The imaging modalities represented include CT, CT angiography, CT urography, MRI, MRA, MRU, diffusion-weighted MRI and ADC mapping, dynamic contrast-enhanced MRI, sonography, conventional angiography, excretory urography, retrograde pyelography, cystography, urethrography, and voiding cystourethrography. For each depicted case, important imaging features are highlighted and key points identified in brief accompanying descriptions. Readers will find that the book provides excellent guidance in the selection of imaging modalities and facilitates diagnosis. It will be an ideal ready source of information on key imaging features of urinary tract diseases for medical students, residents, fellows, and physicians handling these diseases.
- 2015 SpringerStuder, Urs E.This book provides clear guidance on how to achieve excellent functional results and avoid failures when performing cystectomy and orthotopic bladder substitution. The opening sections present helpful checklists relating to patient selection, preoperative management, the procedures themselves, intraoperative measures, postoperative management, and actions to be taken in the event of various symptoms and complications. The remainder of the book focuses in detail on a variety of specific points of interest such as how and why to attempt a nerve-sparing cystectomy, the role of pelvic lymph node dissection, physical and physiological considerations relevant to reservoir construction, metabolic consequences of the incorporation of bowel into the urinary tract, preservation of renal function, and quality of life issues. The information provided may not only be instrumental to urologists, but also to specialized health care professionals, as well as the concerned patients.
- 2011 SpringerShoskes, Daniel A.; Srinivas, T. R.The Immune response to transplanted organs / William M. Baldwin III, Anna Valujskikh, Peter N. Lalli, and Robert L. Fairchild -- The Histocompatibility laboratory in clinical transplantation / Diane J. Pidwell and Peter N. Lalli -- Immunosuppressive therapy in kidney and pancreas transplantation / George Thomas, Saul Nurko, and Titte R. Srinivas -- Clinical pharmacologic principles and immunosuppression / Patricia West-Thielke and Bruce Kaplan -- Pathology of kidney and pancreas transplantation / Lillian Gaber and Byron P. Croker -- Design, conduct, and report of clinical trials of immunosuppressive regimens in solid organ transplantation / Agnes Costello and D. Scott Batty, Jr. -- Outcomes of kidney and pancreas transplantation / Titte R. Srinivas, Herwig-Ulf Meier-Kriesche, and Jesse D. Schold -- Medical and surgical evaluation of the adult kidney transplant candidate / Richard A. Fatica, Stuart M. Flechner, and Titte R. Srinivas -- Selection and preparation of the pancreas transplant recipient / Ho-Yee Tiong and Venkatesh Krishnamurthi -- Kidney transplant recipient surgery / Daniel A. Shoskes -- Issues and surgical techniques to expand the pool of kidneys available for transplantation / Charles S. Modlin III and Charles S. Modlin, Jr. -- Pancreas transplantation: surgical techniques / Alvin C. Wee and Venkatesh Krishnamurthi -- Laparoscopic living kidney donation / Wesley M. White and Jihad H. Kaouk -- Perioperative and anesthetic management in kidney and pancreas transplantation management / Jerome F. O'Hara Jr. and Samuel A. Irefin -- Surgical complications after kidney transplantation / Stuart M. Flechner -- Urological complications after kidney transplantation / Islam A. Ghoneim and Daniel A. Shoskes -- Medical management of kidney transplant recipients / Vidya Vootukuru and Brian Stephany -- Infectious complications: prevention and management / Robin K. Avery, Michelle Lard, and Titte R Srinivas -- Living kidney donation: pre- and post-donation evaluation and management / Jonathan Taliercio and Emilio D. Poggio -- Psychology, quality of life and rehabilitation after kidney and pancreas transplantation / Kathy L. Coffman -- Kidney allocation system for deceased donor kidneys in the United States / Islam A. Ghoneim and David A. Goldfarb -- Ethics of transplantation / David A. Goldfarb and Jerome F. O'Hara, Jr. -- World wide long-term (20-40 years) renal transplant outcomes and classification of long-term patient and allograft survivals / William E. Braun, Sankar Navaneethan, and Deborah Protiva -- Quantitative aspects of clinical reasoning: measuring endpoints and performance / Jesse D. Schold -- The Business of transplantation / Art Thomson.
- 2014 SpringerAlam, Shumyle; Chishti, Aftab S.; Kiessling, Stefan G.Embryology of the Urinary Tract -- Normal Development of Renal Function of the Newborn -- Fluid and Electrolytes in the Newborn -- Special Considerations -- Tools for the Assessment of Renal Function in the Newborn -- Oral and Parenteral Nutrition of the Newborn with Urinary Tract Disease -- Fetal Urology -- Imaging of the Urinary Tract in Newborns -- Urinary Tract Infections -- Hydronephrosis -- Posterior Urethral Valves -- Prune Belly Syndrome -- Structural Abnormalities of the External Genitalia and Urinary Tract -- Structural Abnormalities of the kidney and Ureter -- Neonatal Tumors involving the Urinary Tract -- Cystic Kidney Disease -- Congenital Nephrotic Syndrome -- Acute Kidney Injury -- Renal Replacement Therapy in the Neonate -- Neonatal Hypertension -- Electrolyte Abnormalities in the Newborn.
- 2014 SpringerFaa, Gavino; Fanos, Vassilios.This volume provides a comprehensive, state-of-the art review in the field of experimental and human nephrogenesis. The book reviews new data on the effects on kidney development by neonatal asphyxia, obstructive uropathies, nephrotoxic drugs, malnutrition, underfeeding, overfeeding, and provides all possible preventive measures to ensure the well-being of the kidney at birth. The book also discusses the possible implications between renal development and the insurgence of kidney disease in adult life, and the correlation with renal carcinogenesis. Written by well recognized experts in their fields, Kidney Development in Renal Pathology is a valuable tool for pathologists, neonatologists, nephrologists, gynecologists, and researchers with an interest in kidney diseases.
- 2012 SpringerKoss, Leopold G.; Hoda, Rana S.Indication, Collection, and Laboratory Processing of Cytologic Samples -- The Cellular and Acellular Components of the Urinary Sediment -- The Cytologic Makeup of the Urinary Sediment According to the Collection Technique -- Cytologic Manifestations of Benign Disorders Affecting Cells of the Lower Urinary Tract -- Tumors and Related Conditions of the Bladder and Lower Urinary Tract -- Urine-Based Assays Complementing Cytologic Examination in the Detection of Urothelial Neoplasm.
- 2011 SpringerLiatsikos, E. N.; Stolzenburg, J. -U; Türk, Ingolf A.Upper Urinary Tract (Kidney, Ureter and Adrenal Gland) / Jens-Uwe Stolzenburg, Rowan Casey, Jens Mondry, Minh Do and Anja Dietel, et al. -- Lympadenectomy / Ingolf A. Türk, Rowan Casey, Jens-Uwe Stolzenburg, Panagiotis Kallidonis and Minh Do, et al. -- Urinary Bladder and Prostate / Thilo Schwalenberg, Jochen Neuhaus, Panagiotis Kallidonis, Evangelos N. Liatsikos and Jens-Uwe Stolzenburg, et al. -- Paediatric Urology / Holger Till, Jens-Uwe Stolzenburg and Ulrike Waldschmidt -- Miscellaneous / Jens-Uwe Stolzenburg, Evangelos N. Liatsikos, Thilo Schwalenberg, Tim Häfner and Minh Do, et al.
- 2009 SpringerGill, Inderbir S.; Guillonneau, Bertrand; Janetschek, Günter; Tuerk, Ingolf A.
- 2005 SpringerGill, Inderbir S.; Rosette, Jean J. M. C. H. de la.
- 2012 SpringerLuna, A.; Ros, Pablo R.; Vilanova, J. C.This introduction to genitourinary and pelvic radiology is a further volume in the Learning Imaging series. Written in a case-based format, the book is subdivided into ten chapters: kidney; adrenal gland; urinary bladder, collecting system and urethra; prostate and seminal vesicles; scrotum; obstetrics; uterus; cervix and vagina; adnexa and retroperitoneum. Genitourinary radiology has undergone a tremendous change owing to advances in ultrasound, CT and MRI that have redefined our understanding of genitourinary and pelvic pathology. Each chapter includes an introduction and ten case studies with illustrations and comments from anatomical, physiopathological and radiological standpoints and with bibliographic recommendations. Learning Genitourinary and Pelvic Imaging will be of value for radiologists, radiology residents, medical students and anybody else working in genitourinary and pelvic pathology.Learning Imaging is a unique case-based series for those in professional education in general and for physicians in particular.
- 2003 CRCnetBASEVriese, Stephanie R. De.
- 2013 SpringerRosenblatt, Alberto; Belda, Walter; Campos Guidi, Homero Gustavo de.Part 1. Fundamentals -- Embryology and Functional Anatomy of the Male External Genitalia -- Diagnosis -- Fundamentals in Dermatopathology -- Part 2. Non-Infectious Inflammatory Disorders of the Male Genitalia -- Eczematous Dermatoses -- Papulosquamous Dermatoses -- Ulcerative Dermatoses -- Vesicobullous Dermatoses -- Granulomatous Dermatoses -- Part 3. Infectious Disorders of the Male Genitalia -- Nonsexually Transmitted Infections -- Sexually Transmitted Infections -- Part 4. Benign Specialized Disorders of the Male Genitalia -- Pigmentary Lesions/Pigmentary Skin Changes -- Cystic, Nodular, and Papular Lesions -- Vascular Lesions -- Miscellaneous Benign Disorders -- Part 5. Systemic Diseases and the Male External Genitalia -- Systemic Disorders Affecting the Genital Skin -- Part 6. Premalignant and Malignant Disorders of the Male Genitalia -- Premalignant Lesions of the Penis -- Squamous Cell Carcinoma and Secondary Tumors of the Penis and Scrotum -- Nonsquamous Malignant Neoplasms of the Penis and Scrotum.
- 2014 SpringerAgarwal, Ashok; Du Plessis, Stefan S.; Sabanegh, Edmund S.
- 2014 SpringerChapple, Christopher R.; Tubaro, Andrea.Male LUTS/BPH Made Easy is an up-to-date comprehensive reference on the management of Lower Urinary Tract Symptoms (LUTS) due to Benign Prostatic Enlargement (BPE), which incorporates all of the key issues in the field of management of male lower urinary tract symptoms and benign prostatic disease. Male LUTS/BPH Made Easy aims to update the reader on the most current treatments and assist in clinical decision making based on the latest evidence.
- 2006 SpringerMulcahy, John J.Normal anatomy and physiology / Paul Milhoua, Daniel Lowe, and Arnold Melman -- Epidemiology of erectile dysfunction / Ridwan Shabsigh -- Cardiac issues related to erectile dysfunction / Thorsten Reffelmann and Robert A. Kloner -- How a primary care clinician approaches erectile dysfunction / Richard Sadovsky and Kevin Custis -- Psychological aspects related to erectile dysfunction / Michael A. Perelman -- Hormonal evaluation and treatment / Jeremy P.W. Heaton and Alvaro Morales -- Radical prostatectomy and other pelvic surgeries: effects on erectile function / Muammer Kendirici, Jeffrey Bejma, Wayne J.G. Hellstrom -- Drugs that affect male sexual function / Benjamin K. Yang and Craig F. Donnatucci -- Neurogenic sexual dysfunction in men and women / Kazem M. Azadozoi and Mike B. Siroky -- Female sexual dysfunction / Irwin Goldstein -- Evaluation of the patient with erectile dysfunction / Jeffrey C. LaRochelle and Laurence A. Levine -- Oral therapy for erectile dysfunction / Raymond W. Pak and Gregory A. Broderick -- Intracavernosal injection with vasoactive agents / Alice K. Tsao and Ajay Nehra -- Topical and intra-urethral therapy / John C. Hairston, Edguardo Becher, and Kevin T. McVary -- Vacuum erection devices / Hunter Wessells -- Penile implants / Steven K. Wilson and John J. Mulcahy -- Peyronie's disease: history and medical therapy / J. Slade Hubbard and Culley C. Carson -- Peyronie's disease: surgical therapy / Gerald H. Jordan -- Vascular surgery for erectile dysfunction / William O. Brant ... [et al.] -- Priapism / Lawrence S. Hakim -- Ejaculatory disorders / Chris G. McMahon -- Gene therapy for erectile dysfunction / Thomas R. Magee, Jacob Rajfer, and Nestor F. Gonzalez-Cavidad.
- 2015 SpringerDel Popolo, Giulio; Li Marzi, Vincenzo; Pistolesi, Donatella.This book aims to offer a comprehensive and up-to-date overview of male stress urinary incontinence that will serve as a useful tool and reference for urologists, andrologists, physiotherapists, general practitioners, and nurses. Detailed information is provided on diagnostic workup, including clinical assessment and the role of urodynamic evaluations and other instrumental examinations, and on the full range of potential treatments, from conservative and pharmacological interventions to surgical options. In addition to careful descriptions of the surgical procedures themselves, clear advice is given on the management of iatrogenic complications of incontinence surgery. Helpful treatment algorithms and recommendations offer further practical support. Relevant background knowledge is provided in expert reviews of topics such as the functional anatomy of the male pelvis and the pathophysiology, epidemiology, and classification of male urinary incontinence.
- 2015 SpringerChang, Sam S.; Konety, Badrinath R.This book provides a single, comprehensive reference source that incorporates the epidemiology, natural history, and the latest genetic and molecular biological findings of bladder cancer. This book discusses the diagnostic and staging evaluation of both non-muscle invasive and invasive bladder cancer and incorporates the new findings on markers for the diagnosis of bladder cancer. Risk stratified treatment of non-muscle invasive bladder cancer including various approaches to intravesical therapy are reviewed. Current guideline-based approaches to management and new data regarding diagnosis and prognostication of muscle invasive bladder cancer is analyzed and summarized. This book covers the application of chemotherapy for muscle invasive and advanced disease. The evidence-based application of multimodality therapy is highlighted. Gaps in current knowledge and important areas for clinical research are highlighted. Authored by experts in their respective fields, Management of Bladder Cancer: A Comprehensive Text with Clinical Scenarios serves as an easy and complete reference source for clinicians, researchers, individuals in training, allied health professionals and medical students in the fields of Urology, Medical Oncology, Radiation Oncology, Basic and Translational Science and Epidemiology.
- 2014 SpringerEisenberger, Mario A.; Saad, Fred.This volume provides new data about the molecular biology of CRPC and a review of the definition, staging and prognostic factors that define CRPC. The book features an in-depth review of proven therapeutic options, including bone-targeted therapies, immunotherapy, chemotherapy and hormonal based therapies. Combination therapy as well as novel targeted approaches presently under investigation are also reviewed. The text provides up-to-date guidelines and algorithms for the management of CRPC based on international guidelines presently available as well as evidence-based medicine. As a concise yet comprehensive summary of the current status of the field, Management of Castration Resistant Prostate Cancer serves as a very useful resource for physicians and researchers dealing with this challenging malignancy.
- 2007 SpringerCarson, Culley C.; Dean, John D.
- 2015 SpringerBertolotto, M.; Liguori, Giovanni; Trombetta, Carlo.This book is especially focused on the surgical aspect on Gender Dysphoria. Male to female surgery is widely discussed as well as the female to male conversion. Full information on hormone administration and surgical procedures are provided. Mental health issues are also described, as well as ethics, the law and psychosocial issues. The text is extensively referenced and includes numerous photos, tables and figures to clearly illustrate information. Based on collaboration between international experts in transgender health, this book is an essential guide for health care professionals, educators, students, patients and patients? families concerning the psychological, hormonal, surgical and social support of transgender individuals.
- 2014 SpringerCulkin, Daniel J.Management of Penile Cancer provides a comprehensive and state-of-the-art overview of the major issues specific to the field of penile cancer. The sections of the book are structured to review the overall scope of issues of penile cancer, including diagnosis and staging, surgical approaches, and the treatment of advanced disease. As multidisciplinary care is an integral part of the treatment of penile cancer, this book is unique in the inclusion of collaborating authors from a variety of integrated disciplines, including urology, radiation oncology, medical oncology, and reconstructive surgery. Written by recognized experts in their field, Management of Penile Cancer is a unique and valuable resource in the field of penile cancer, both for those currently in training and for those already in clinical or research practice.
- 2012 SpringerBolla, M.; Poppel, Hendrik van.Epidemiology of Prostate Cancer in Europe / Ruben G. Cremers and Lambertus A. Kiemeney -- Chemoprevention of Prostate Cancer / Bertrand Tombal -- Individual and Mass Screening / Chris H. Bangma, Pim J. van Leeuwen and Monique J. Roobol -- Anatomo-Pathology / Theodorus H. Van der Kwast -- Biomarkers for Prostate Cancer / Gisele H. J. M. Leyten, Peter F. A. Mulders and Jack A. Schalken -- Diagnosis, Clinical Work Up, TNM Classification, Markers / Jean-Luc Descotes and Anne-Sophie Gauchez -- Active Surveillance for Favorable Risk Prostate Cancer: Background, Patient Selection, Triggers for Intervention, and Outcomes / Laurence Klotz -- Open Radical Prostatectomy / Hein van Poppel and Steven Joniau -- Robot-Assisted Radical Prostatectomy / Stefan Carlsson and Nils Peter Wiklund -- Permanent Prostate Brachytherapy / Jan J. Battermann -- High-Dose-Rate Brachytherapy: Indications, Technique, and Results / Alberto Bossi, Rodolfe Verstraet, Lucie Calmels and Pierre Blanchard -- Intensity Modulated Radiotherapy for Prostate Cancer / Olivier Chapet, Corina Udrescu and Ciprian Enachescu -- Combination of Androgen Deprivation Therapy and Radiation Therapy for Locally Advanced and Localized Prostate Cancer / Michel Bolla and Camille Verry -- Postoperative Irradiation: Immediate or Early Delayed? / Dirk Bottke and Thomas Wiegel -- High-Intensity Focused Ultrasound (HIFU) for Prostate Cancer / Albert Gelet, Sebastien Crouzet, Olivier Rouviere and Jean-Yves Chapelon -- Cryotherapy / Matvey Tsivian and Thomas J. Polascik -- Follow-up After Radical Treatments and Relapse / Nicolas Mottet -- First-Line Hormonal Manipulation of Prostate Cancer / Suresh Venugopal and John Anderson -- Resistance to Chemical Castration: Second-Line Hormonal Treatment / Yohann Loriot, Christophe Massard and Karim Fizazi -- Targeted Therapies and Vaccination / Guru Sonpavde and Cora N. Sternberg -- How to Interpret Results? / Laurence Collette -- Management of Prostate Cancer: EAU Guidelines on Screening, Diagnosis and Treatment / Axel Heidenreich -- Better Patients' Perspective / Louis J. Denis.
- 2013 SpringerJones, J. Stephen; Klein, Eric A.Epidemiology and risk factors / Ranko Miocinovic -- Twenty years and counting : is PSA still useful in 2010? / Haluk Ozen and Sertac Yazici -- Prostate cancer screening : a review of the evidence with clinical practice implications / Timothy J. Wilt -- Beyond PSA : promising new markers for prostate cancer / Leonard Marks -- Hereditary prostate cancer and genetic risk / Adam C. Reese, Graham Casey, and John S. Witte -- Prostate inflammation and prostate cancer / William G. Nelson ... [et al.] -- Molecular progression of prostate cancer : androgens and estrogens / Stephen A. Boorjian and Donald J. Tindall -- The role of obesity and diet in prostate cancer / Jean-Alfred Thomas II and Stephen J. Freedland -- Prostate cancer risk reduction by chemoprevention / Kenneth G. Nepple, Adam S. Kibel, and Gerald L. Andriole -- Current issues in pathologic evaluation / Sara M. Falzarano, Howard S. Levin, and Cristina Magi-Galluzzi -- Optimum prostate biopsy : techniques and strategies / Osama M. Zaytoun and J. Stephen Jones -- The utility of nomograms in routine clinical practice / Carvell T. Nguyen and Michael W. Kattan -- Active surveillance comes of age / Laurence Klotz -- Focal therapy : prostate hemiablation as the first historical treatment model for focal therapy of early stage prostate cancer / Vladimir Mouraviev and Thomas J. Polascik -- Contemporary external beam radiotherapy / Rahul Tendulkar and Kevin Stephans -- Surgery, brachytherapy, or external beam radiation for low- and intermediate-risk disease? / Jay P. Ciezki and Eric A. Klein -- The role for radical prostatectomy in advanced prostate cancer / R. Jeffrey Karnes and Michael L. Blute -- Radiation therapy in the management of locally advanced prostate cancer / Joseph D. Mancias and Anthony L. Zietman -- Clinical implications of measuring quality-of-life in early stage prostate cancer / Peter Chang, Mehrdad Alemozaffar, and Martin G. Sanda -- Treatment modalities of post-prostatectomy incontinence : a historical perspective as well as current therapy options / Christina Ching and Drogo K. Montague -- Management of biochemical recurrence after localized treatment for prostate cancer / Stephen B. Williams and Toni K. Choueiri -- Management of newly diagnosed metastatic disease / C. Lance Cowey and Thomas E. Hutson -- Pitfalls of androgen deprivation therapy / Alicia K. Morgans and Matthew R. Smith -- Current management of castration-resistant prostate cancer (CRPC) / Jorge A. Garcia and Robert Dreicer -- Beta-emitting radiopharmaceuticals and bone metastasis / Oliver Sartor.
- 2013 SpringerAudisio, Riccardo A.; Droz, Jean-Pierre.The risk of cancer increases with age and the number of older adults seeking treatment is rising dramatically in line with the aging population. The care of older patients differs from that of younger adults because of variation in the biology of the tumor, age-related variation in host physiology, co-morbidity burden and psychosocial issues, which might impact the efficacy and side effects of cancer therapy.Management of Urological Cancers in Older People focuses on treatment strategies of urological cancers and provides guidance on the issues specific to older patients, spanning background and epidemiology, special considerations in the care of older people, therapeutics, and psychosocial considerations. This book offers a thorough review of current approaches to treating older urological cancer patients, detailing the special issues and considerations involved. The discipline-spanning coverage outlines best practice and proposes topics for future research.This first volume in the Management of Cancer in Older People series will be of interest to all surgical oncologists, medical oncologists, gerontologists, urologists and other members of the multidisciplinary team involved in the care of elderly urological cancer patients.
- 2005 SpringerHohenfellner, Rudolf; Stolzenburg, J. -U.
- 2008 SpringerRosenblatt, Alberto; Bollens, Renaud; Espinoza Cohen, Baldo.
- 2015 SpringerPanebianco, Valeria; Fütterer, Jurgen J.The new series A-Z Notes in Radiological Practice and Reporting provides practical guides for residents and general radiologists, organized alphabetically, primarily according to disease or condition, permitting easy and fast consultation. All booklet are designed so as to cover a large spectrum of topics referring to different anatomical regions of interests. The present booklet offers a reliable assistance during the performance and reporting of multidetector row computed tomography and magnetic resonance imaging in patients with urogenital conditions. Entries typically include a short description of pathological and clinical characteristics, guidance on selection of the most appropriate imaging technique, a schematic review of potential diagnostic clues, and useful tips and tricks. Some helpful illustrations and schemes are also included.
- 2010 SpringerShergill, I. S.Bladder Cancer / Mark A. Rochester and John D. Kelly -- Renal Cell Cancer / Bryan Y. Wong and Wolfram E. Samlowski -- Prostate Cancer / Ajay Pahuja, Ali Thwaini, Thiaga Nambirajan and Patrick F. Keane -- Testicular Cancer / Daniel Rottke and Peter Albers -- Penile Cancer / Giorgio Pizzocaro -- LUTS/Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia / Katie Moore and Jay Khastgir -- Overactive Bladder and Incontinence / Vinay Kalsi, Abdul Chowdhury and Kim Mammen -- Urinary Tract Infections / Magnus J. Grabe -- Bladder Pain Syndrome/Interstitial Cystitis / Paul Irwin -- Chronic Prostatitis/Chronic Pelvic Pain Syndrome / José M. Reyes and Michael A. Pontari -- Urinary Tract Stones / William G. Robertson -- Erectile Dysfunction / Chi-Ying Li and David Ralph -- Male Hypogonadism / Aikaterini Theodoraki and Pierre-Marc Gilles Bouloux -- Renal Transplantation / Behdad Afzali, Kerem B. Atalar, Refik Gökmen and David J. A. Goldsmith -- Analgesia for Urological Procedures / Aza A. Mohammed, Rose McRobert and Brian Little -- Alternative or Complementary Treatments in Urology / Charlotte L. Foley, Sergiy Tadtayev and Tamsin J. Greenwell.
- 2013 SpringerLim, Peter H. C.Men's Health is a concise, didactic compendium that covers three important aspects of male sexual health:- Testosterone Deficiency Syndrome; Premature Ejaculation and Sexually Transmitted Infections (STIs).The chapters that deal with Testosterone Deficiency Syndrome cover the epidemiology of the condition in the local context, the science behind the condition, its clinical presentation and treatment choices.The section on Premature Ejaculation advises the health practitioner on how to investigate this condition and describes the various treatment options available to the patient.The chapters on Sexually Transmitted Infections cover special aspects of the diagnosis, prevention and treatment of STIs occurring in Men which are not normally highlighted in the usual texts on STI management.Written by experts in the field, Men's Health is a valuable and timely resource for urologists, andrologists, endocrinologists as well as other health professionals practicing in these areas.
- 2014 SpringerHsiao, Wayland; Mulhall, John P.In the last decade, much of the clinical interest in the field of infertility has focused on advancing reproductive techniques and has often under-appreciated the role that male sexuality plays in reproductive problems. Male sexual function is an integral part of reproduction, and the treatment of sexual dysfunction is an important component for any couple seeking fertility. In some cases, treatment of sexual dysfunction may obviate the need for more invasive cures through advanced reproductive techniques. Thanks to recent clinical and scientific advances in male sexual medicine, the management of men's sexual dysfunction is often more effective and less invasive than how it was historically described. Men's Sexual Health and Fertility is the only resource that focuses on the interplay and interconnections between male sexual dysfunction and male factor infertility, gathering insightful data from a panel of experts in male sexual medicine for clinicians who treat couples with fertility issues due to male sexual dysfunction. Chapters discuss advances in the field of men's sexual medicine, including the latest treatment for erectile dysfunction, the most up-to-date understanding of the physiology and pathophysiology of ejaculation, and the growing body of evidence that low testosterone and male infertility are intimately related. As such, this book provides important information in order to be able to better understand the link between sexual dysfunction and infertility and, most importantly, to better treat male sexual dysfunction in the infertile couple.
- 2007 SpringerAblin, Richard J.; Mason, Malcolm.
- 2014 SpringerBadlani, Gopal H."Minimally Invasive Therapy for Urinary Incontinence and Pelvic Organ Prolapse provides a detailed insight into "when, why, what and how" of various minimally invasive surgical procedures for surgical management of SUI, OAB & POP. The volume provides detailed diagrammatic and pictorial step-by-step descriptions of the techniques and management of complications related to these procedures. This book also presents an up to date, one-stop reference for anything pertaining to MIT of these pelvic disorders. Written by experts in the field, Minimally Invasive Therapy for Urinary Incontinence and Pelvic Organ Prolapse is a comprehensive resource designed for both the urologist and urogynecologist treating patients with urinary disorders and pelvic organ prolapsed, as well as for residents in training."--Publisher's website.
- Minimally invasive urology : an essential clinical guide to endourology, laparoscopy, LESS and robotics2015 SpringerBest, Sara L.; Nakada, Stephen Y.
- 2010 OvidGomella, Leonard G.
- 2015 OvidGomella, Leonard G.Section I. Urologic diseases and conditions -- Section II. Short topics: A to Z -- Section III. Algorithms -- Section IV. Urinalyasis and urine studies -- Section V. Alternative and complementary urologic therapies -- Section VI. Urologic drug reference -- Section VII. Reference tables.
- 2015 SpringerManfredi, Riccardo; Mucelli, Roberto Pozzi.Based on the experience of two Italian referral centers, the book depicts the characteristic findings obtained when using MR imaging to study the male and female pelvis including the obstetric applications. Each chapter provides a comprehensive account of the use of the imaging technique of examination, including the most recent advances in MR imaging, the anatomy and MR possibilities in the identification, characterization and staging of the different pelvic diseases highlighting its diagnostic possibilities. The advances in fetal MRI, representing the cutting edge of pelvic MR imaging, will also be depicted. The text is complemented by numerous illustrations, as well as clinical cases that make this a very practice-oriented work, presenting the role of diagnostic imaging in every-day clinical activity. The volume will prove an invaluable guide for both residents and professionals with core interest in gynecology, obstetrics and urology.
- 2013 SpringerChan, Lewis; Tse, Vincent.Multidisciplinary Care of Urinary Incontinence - a Handbook for Health Professionals effectively uses a multidisciplinary approach to assist health professionals in their care of patients with urinary incontinence. It is recognized that the best outcomes are achieved by a multidisciplinary team approach especially with regard to complex cases and care of the elderly. This book is written by expert authors from around the world with a wealth of experience in conducting clinics on pelvic floor, aged care voiding dysfunction and neuro-rehabilitation. The text is illustrated throughout and contains case-studies with input and practical tips from the different health disciplines at each point. Each chapter concludes with a list of seminal publications and web-based resources to assist the reader in the clinical environment. Multidisciplinary Care of Urinary Incontinence - a Handbook for Health Professionals is of benefit to medical and allied health disciplines including family physicians, nurses, urologists, gynecologists, physiotherapists, geriatricians, neurologists and rehabilitation specialists.
- 2014 SpringerGentile, Vincenzo; Panebianco, Valeria; Sciarra, Alessandro.Prostate cancer is the most common neoplasm in men and its management is very complex, in terms of both diagnosis and treatment. In recent years the value of multidisciplinary management within a prostate cancer unit has been increasingly recognized. Such a multidisciplinary approach within a specialized unit involves a variety of specialists, including urologists, oncologists, radiotherapists, radiologists and pathologists. This book describes in detail the advantages of multidisciplinary management of prostate cancer. It opens by explaining the nature of the required multidisciplinary team and the potential benefits of the prostate cancer unit as a structure for the delivery of specialist multidisciplinary care. Epidemiological aspects favoring multidisciplinary management are described and each element of care within the context of the prostate cancer unit is then discussed; also has been described the role of advanced imaging (Multiparametric MRI) in the management of PCa. Early diagnosis, risk classification, treatment decision making, surgery, radiotherapy, medical therapies and health care support are all fully considered. This book will be informative and enlightening for all who are involved in the management of patients with prostate cancer.
- 2011 ClinicalKeyMachado, Carlos A. G.; Netter, Frank H.; Smith, Roger P.; Turek, Paul J.Section 1. Development of the genital tracts and functional relationships of the gonads -- section 2. The penis and male perineum -- section 3. The scrotum and testis -- section 4. The seminal vesicles and prostate -- section 5. Sperm and ejaculation -- section 6. The vulva -- section 7. The vagina -- section 8. The uterus and cervix -- section 9. The fallopian tubes -- section 10. The ovaries -- section 11. The ovum and reproduction -- section 12. Pregnancy -- section 13. The breast.
- 2012 ClinicalKeyKelly, Christopher R.; Landman, Jaime; Netter, Frank H.Section 1: Anatomy of the Urinary Tract -- Section 2: Normal and Abnormal Development -- Section 3: Physiology -- Section 4: Renal Diseases -- Section 5: Urinary Tract Infections -- Section 6: Urinary Tract Obstructions -- Section 7: Traumatic Injuries -- Section 8: Voiding Dysfunction -- Section 9: Neoplasms -- Section 10: Therapeutics.
- 2007 SpringerSantamaría, Luis.
- 2015 ScienceDirectBoller, François; Vodusek, David B.
- 2012 SpringerWeiss, Jeffrey P.Nocturia: Causes, Consequences and Clinical Approaches is the first volume exclusively on the topic of nocturia and is designed to be a comprehensive treatise on the subject. The volume is organized into 11 chapters first introducing and defining nocturia and its impact to patients and society, followed by chapters dealing with predictors and risk factors; relationship to sleep disorders; overactive bladder; and water homeostasis. Therapeutic areas addressing nocturia are covered in specific chapters and include pharmacotherapy affecting the bladder, prostate and kidneys as well as behavioral therapy and surgical intervention. Separate chapters are devoted to alternative therapies as well as the impact of nocturia in the elderly. The volume closes with a chapter presenting avenues for future investigation into the etiology and management of nocturia. Clinical case scenarios inclusive of figures and tables illuminate the evaluation and management of patients with nocturia. Nocturia: Causes, Consequences and Clinical Approaches will give physicians and related healthcare providers the background to understand the conditions causing nocturia, how nocturia affects society and the basis for its rational treatment. It will be used as a state of the art reference by urologists, urogynecologists, internists, nephrologists, pulmonologists, endocrinologists and sleep medicine specialists.
- 2015 SpringerAgarwal, Ashok.
- 2005 SpringerBattaglia, David Edward; Patton, Phillip E.Essentials of sperm biology / Sharon T. Mortimer -- Endocrinology of male infertility / R. Dale McClure -- Sperm preparation for insemination / Grace M. Centola -- Specialized sperm testing: pros and cons / Kirk C. Lo ... [et al.] -- Genetic testing for male infertility / Robert D. Oates -- Optimizing success in a donor insemination program / Phillip E. Patton -- Ethical and legal considerations of donor insemination in the United States / Karen E. Adams -- Laboratory accreditation / William Byrd -- Office evaluation of male infertility / Darius A. Paduch and Eugene F. Fuchs -- Varicocele and infertility / Ulrike Zenke and Paul Turek -- Strategic therapies for ejaculatory disorders and erectile dysfunction in the infertile man / Mustafa F. Usta and Wayne J. G. Hellstrom -- Vasectomy reversal / Eugene F. Fuchs and Darius A. Paduch -- Infection and male infertility / Emmett F. Branigan -- Obstructive and nonobstructive azoospermia / Kinloch Nelson and Peter Schlegel -- Testis biopsy and the infertile male / Sherman J. Silber -- Intracytoplasmic sperm injection: the process, the outcomes, and the controversies / David E. Battaglia -- Treatment of human immunodeficiency virus-discordant couples / Joseph E. Peña and Mark V. Sauer -- Sperm and egg retrieval for posthumous reproduction: practical, ethical, and legal considerations / Lisa V. Brock and Anna C. Mastroianni -- Gender selection: separating fact from fiction / David S. Karabinus and Keith L. Blauer.
- 2009 SpringerPatel, Vipul R.; Ramalingam, Manickam.
- 2006 SpringerGill, Inderbir S.; Jones, J. Stephen; Novick, Andrew C.Surgical incisions / J. Stephen Jones -- Adrenal disease / Andrew C. Novick -- Laparoscopic adrenalectomy / Mihir M. Desai and Inderbir S. Gill -- Renal malignancy / Andrew C. Novick -- Laparoscopic surgery for renal cell carcinoma / Inderbir S. Gill -- Renal calculus disease / Stevan B. Streem and J. Stephen Jones -- Renal vascular disease / Andrew C. Novick -- Surgical technique of cadaver donor nephrectomy / Venkatesh Krishnamurthi -- Open donor nephrectomy / David A. Goldfarb -- Living laparoscopic donor nephrectomy / Alireza Moinzadeh and Inderbir S. Gill -- Renal transplantation / David A. Goldfarb, Stuart M. Flechner, and Charles S. Modlin -- Renal trauma / J. Stephen Jones -- Nerve-sparing retroperitoneal lymphadenectomy / Eric A. Klein -- Ureterolysis / Lawrence M. Wyner -- Pancreas transplantation / Venkatesh Krishnamurthi -- Ureteropelvic junction obstruction / Stevan B. Streem and Jonathan H. Ross -- Laparoscopic pyeloplasty / Anup P. Ramani and Inderbir S. Gill -- Urothelial tumors of the renal pelvis and ureter / Stevan B. Streem -- Management of the en bloc distal ureter and bladder cuff during retroperitoneoscopic radical nephroureterectomy / Osamu Ukimura and Inderbir S. Gill -- Ureteral disorders in children / Jonathan H. Ross and Robert Kay -- Iatrogenic and traumatic ureteral injury / Bashir R. Sankari -- Ureteral calculi / Stevan B. Streem -- Office procedures / J. Stephen Jones -- Radical cystectomy and orthotopic diversion in men and women / Eric A. Klein -- Laparoscopic radical cystectomy with intracorporeal urinary diversion / Jihad H. Kaouk and Inderbir S. Gill.
- 2005 SpringerBroderick, Gregory A.Physiology and pharmacology of erectile dysfunction / Rafael Carrion ... [et al.] -- Epidemiology of erectile dysfunction / Jonathan D. Schiff and John P. Mulhall -- Pharmacology of phosphodiesterase inhibitors / Erwin Bischoff -- Sildenafil citrate, the classical PDE5 inhibitor: a five-year review of its efficacy and safety in the arena of erectile dysfunction / Harin Padma-Nathan -- Tadalafil: clinical trials experience / Culley C. Carson, III -- Vardenafil: clinical trials experience / Ajay Nehra -- Erectile dysfunction assessment and management in primary care practice / Louis Kuritzky and Martin Miner -- When to refer the patient with erectile dysfunction to a specialist / Ira D. Sharlip -- Erectile dysfunction: assessing risk and managing the cardiac patient / Thorsten Reffelmann and Robert A. Kloner -- Is diabetic erectile dysfunction more difficult to treat? / Pierre Theuma and Vivian A. Fonseca -- Depression and antidepressant-associated erectile dysfunction / Raymond C. Rosen -- Intracavernous, transurethral, and topical therapies for erectile dysfunction in the era of oral pharmacotherapy: salvaging first-line therapy, failures with combination therapies / Hans-Martin A. Fritsche, Mustafa F. Usta, and Wayne J.G. Hellstrom -- Androgen deficiency of the aging male: enhancing erectile response to oral pharmacotherapy / Alvaro Morales and Jeremy P.W. Heaton -- Central activation of erection and clinical experience / Jeremy P.W. Heaton, Alvaro Morales, and Michael A. Adams -- Sustaining the cure: oral pharmacotherapy failures salvage with vacuum devices and penile implants / Ronald W. Lewis -- Prevention and treatment of erectile dysfunction utilizing lifestyle changes and dietary supplements: what works and what is worthless? / Mark A. Moyad -- Pharmacological strategies in the management of rapid ejaculation / Chris G. McMahon -- Sexual dysfunction after radical prostatectomy and the use of PDE-5 inhibitors / Andrew McCullough -- Female sexual dysfunction: is there a magic pill? / Ridwan Shabsigh ... [et al.].
- 2012 SpringerWein, Alan J.; Chapple, Christopher R.Overactive Bladder in Clinical Practice provides a timely and comprehensive update on the overactive bladder (OAB) syndrome. The symptoms of urgency, with or without urge incontinence, usually with frequency or nocturia, now defined as the overactive bladder syndrome, have become a hot topic in urology, gynecology and urogynecology. Epidemiological data show very high disease prevalence (19%), particularly when compared with other chronic conditions such as diabetes (2%) and asthma (7%). OAB symptoms impact severely on patient's quality of life, causing significant impairment of patient vitality and limiting their physical role, similar to diabetes. The OAB syndrome involves all age groups, both sexes and is frequently found in neurogenic patients. This book will cover all aspects of OAB epidemiology, economics, pathophysiology, conservative, pharmaceutical and surgical and is invaluable reading for residents and trainees in urology, gynecology and urogynecology.
- 2000 ScienceDirectMoss, Joel; Young, Neal S.
- 2014 SpringerPalmer, Jeffrey S.; Palmer, Lane S.This book provides a comprehensive reference for health care providers of children and adolescents with urologic conditions. The first section covers the principles of each radiologic modality as well as radiation safety and the history of uroradiology. The second section integrates the lessons of the first section into specific urologic conditions arranged anatomically and includes additional unique conditions.
- 2014 SpringerGodbole, Prasad; Koyle, Martin A.; Wilcox, Duncan T.Pediatric Endourology Techniques, Second Edition enables surgeons to carry out commonly performed minimally invasive pediatric urological procedures. It not only encompasses the majority of commonly performed pediatric endourological procedures in a standardised format, but also newer techniques and procedures that have developed since publication of the first edition. Pediatric Endourology Techniques,Second Editionis a fully illustrated text with accompanying online video content through Springer Extras, which addresses these issues. It is a valuable tool for pediatric urologists as well as pediatric surgeons, general surgeons, adult urologists and those with an interest in minimally invasive surgery.
- 2006 SpringerEsposito, Ciro.
- 2009 SpringerPalmer, Jeffrey S.
- 2011 SpringerPalmer, Jeffrey S.Office urology -- Pediatric urology facts and figures -- Radiographic imaging -- Urinary tract infections -- Voiding dysfunction, urinary incontinence, and urodynamics -- Hematuria: gross and microscopic -- Office procedures -- Genetic diseases and associated urologic manifestations -- Genitalia -- Penis and scrotum: congenital and acquired anomalies -- Hypospadias -- Varicoceles, hernias, and hydroceles -- Testicles: undescended, retractile, and ascended -- Acute scrotum -- Urinary tract -- Hydronephrosis: prenatal and postnatal -- Vesicoureteral reflux -- Urinary tract obstruction -- Tissue engineering and regenerative medicine: current concepts -- Miscellaeous topics -- Adolescent urology -- Laparoscopy in the pediatric population -- Genitourinary tumors -- Genitourinary trauma.
- 2013 SpringerSnodgrass, Warren T.
- 2015 SpringerLima, Mario; Manzoni, Gianantonio.
- 2014 SpringerHulbert, William C.; Mevorach, Robert A.; Rabinowitz, Ronald.While there are Pediatric Urology texts for pediatric urologists and for general urologists, there are none for primary care physicians. This book is written specifically for the primary care physician, the initial contact for the many children with urologic conditions. The text will assist the primary care physician in the recognition of and participation in the care of children with these common problems including both congenital and acquired conditions. Specific chapters are also dedicated to the management of cases that may include medical and/or surgical intervention. The contributing authors of this text were selected for their internationally recognized expertise and straight forward educational styles in the field of Pediatric Urology. Pediatric Urology for the Primary Care Physician will significantly help our primary care colleagues in the evaluation and management of children with genito-urinary problems.
- 2010 ClinicalKeyGearhart, John P.; Mouriquand, Pierre D. E.; Rink, Richard C.Pediatric Urology is an up-to-date, clinical reference that provides detailed descriptions of the best approaches for the functional, biological, and morphological aspects of the urinary tract before and after birth. John G. Gearhart, Richard C. Rink, and Pierre D.E. Mouriquand cover all areas of the field, including pediatric surgery, radiology, nephrology, endocrinology, biochemistry, and obstetrics. Access the latest research through new chapters on tissue engineering, acute scrotum, and more. The appealing new full-color design, streamlined approach, and online access at expertconsult.com make this an invaluable resource to pediatric urologists, pediatric surgeons, residents and fellows worldwide. Provides detailed descriptions of the best approaches for the functional, biological, and morphological aspects of the urinary tract before and after birth.
- 2008 SpringerAvni, E. F.; Fotter, R.
- 2015 SpringerPatel, Hitendra R. H.The fully comprehensive book brings together the three main pelvic specialties (Urology, Gynecological Oncology and Colorectal Surgery) into one volume. Patients have been shown to benefit from a multidisciplinary approach since it allows surgeons of different specialties to learn from one another therefore enhancing the treatment for the patient. Pelvic cancer outcomes are poor in low volume centres. These centres account for 80% of the global centres dealing with these cancers. Pelvic Cancer Surgery: Modern Breakthroughs and Future Advances is a much needed book that can focus training and assist health professionals in their care of patients with pelvic dysfunction. Pelvic Cancer Surgery: Modern Breakthroughs and Future Advances is complete with full color illustrations and schematic diagrams and makes use of key points and stepwise figures for an enhanced learning experience.
- 2014 SpringerGaspari, Achille; Sileri, Pierpaolo.During recent decades, more than 100 surgical procedures have been proposed to treat pelvic organ prolapse, and surgeons are still searching for the ideal approach. Although generally accepted guidelines and algorithms are still lacking, careful preoperative work-up and patient selection can serve as a sound basis for tailored surgery. In this comprehensive book, leading experts from around the world provide a detailed, up-to-date overview of the diagnostic and surgical approaches employed in patients with prolapse of the middle or posterior pelvic floor compartment. Each surgical technique is explained step by step with the aid of instructive figures. Guidance is also included on the management of surgical complications and of recurrent disease aspects that are too frequently overlooked in the scientific literature. This book will prove essential reading for all who are interested in functional colorectal disorders of the pelvic floor and will represent a unique and invaluable source of knowledge for general surgeons, colorectal surgeons, and urogynecologists, whether in training or practice.
- 2006 SpringerDavila, G. Willy; Ghoniem, Gamal M.; Wexner, Steven D.
- 2008 SpringerBaessler, Kaven.Part I. Function and Dysfunction of the Pelvic Floor and Viscera -- Functional Anatomy of the Pelvic Floor and Lower Urinary Tract / Daniele Perucchini and John O. L. DeLancey -- Neural Control of Pelvic Floor Muscles / David B. Vodušek -- The Effects of Pregnancy and Childbirth on the Pelvic Floor / Kaven Baessler and Bernhard Schüssler -- Muscle Function and Ageing / Brenda Russell and Linda Brubaker -- Urinary Incontinence and Voiding Dysfunction / Annette Kuhn and Bernhard Schüssler -- Pelvic Organ Prolapse / Peggy A. Norton -- Anal Incontinence, Constipation, and Obstructed Defecation / Abdul H. Sultan and A. Muti Abulaffi -- Overactive Pelvic Floor Muscles and Related Pain / Wendy F. Bower -- Part II. Evaluation of the Pelvic Floor -- Clinical Evaluation of the Pelvic Floor Muscles / Diane K. Newman and Jo Laycock -- Examination of Patients with Pelvic Organ Prolapse / Ursula M. Peschers -- Urodynamics / Ursula M. Peschers -- Applying Urodynamic Findings to Clinical Practice / Christopher K. Payne -- Anorectal Physiology / David Z. Lubowski and Michael L. Kennedy -- Ultrasound Imaging / Kaven Baessler and Heinz Kölbl -- Magnetic Resonance Imaging / Thomas Treumann, Ralf Tunn and Bernhard Schüssler -- Electrophysiology / Clare J. Fowler and David B. Vodušek -- Outcome Measures in Pelvic Floor Rehabilitation / Kate H. Moore and Emmanuel Karantanis -- Part III. Techniques of Pelvic Floor Rehabilitation and Muscle Training -- Concepts of Neuromuscular Rehabilitation and Pelvic Floor Muscle Training / Jo Laycock -- Exercise, Feedback, and Biofeedback / Pauline E. Chiarelli and Kate H. Moore -- Electrical Stimulation / Wendy F. Bower -- Extracorporeal Magnetic Stimulation / Alastair R. Morris and Kate H. Moore -- Devices / Ingrid Nygaard and Peggy A. Norton -- Alternative Methods to Pelvic Floor Muscle Awareness and Training / Kaven Baessler and Barbara E. Bell -- Part IV. Treatment: Condition-Specific Assessment and Approaches -- Behavioral Treatment / Kathryn L. Burgio -- Stress Urinary Incontinence / Jo Laycock -- Evidence for the Effectiveness of Pelvic Floor Muscle Training in the Treatment and Antenatal Prevention of Female Urinary Incontinence / E. Jean C. Hay-Smith and Kate H. Moore -- Postpartum Management of the Pelvic Floor / Pauline E. Chiarelli -- Role of a Perineal Clinic / Ranee Thakar -- Overactive Bladder / Kathryn L. Burgio, Dudley Robinson and Linda Cardozo -- Sexual Dysfunction and the Overactive Pelvic Floor / Wendy F. Bower -- Anal Incontinence and Evacuation Difficulties / Christine Norton -- Incontinence During Sports and Fitness Activities / Alain P. Bourcier -- Pelvic Organ Prolapse - Pessary Treatment / Jane A. Schulz and Elena Kwon -- Part V. What to Do if Physiotherapy Fails? -- Stress Urinary Incontinence: Choice of Surgery / Stuart L. Stanton -- Genital Prolapse: Surgery for Failed Conservative Treatment / Stuart L. Stanton -- The Anal Sphincter / Klaus E. Matzel, Manuel Besendörfer and Stefanie Kuschel.
- 2015 SpringerChan, Lewis.1. Principles of Ultrasound and Instrumentation -- 2. Functional Anatomy and Approaches to Imaging of the Pelvic Floor -- 3. Essentials for Setting Up Practice in Clinician Performed Ultrasound -- 4. Ultrasound Imaging in Assessment of the Male Patient with Voiding Dysfunction -- 5. The Female Patient 1- Assessment of Female Voiding Dysfunction -- 6. The Female Patient 2- Pelvic Organ Prolapse -- 7. Imaging of Gynaecologic Organs -- 8. Ultrasound Assessment of the Patient with Fecal Incontinence -- 9. 3D Ultrasound Imaging of the Pelvis.
- 2013 SpringerSpiess, Philippe E.Penile Cancer: Diagnosis and Management provides a comprehensive overview of penile cancer for medical and surgical urologists oncologists, and other healthcare professionals. This book highlights many of the significant advances made in this field, which include a discussion of penile-sparing surgical and radiotherapeutic approaches to select primary penile tumors typically of lower stage and grade as well as advances in our understanding of the epidemiology, risk factors, and pathophysiology of penile cancer. The book also addresses many of the novel diagnostic and therapeutic surgical appro
- 2014 ClinicalKeyGuzzo, Thomas J.; Hanno, Philip M.; Malkowicz, S. Bruce; Wein, Alan J.Concise and practical, the Penn Clinical Manual of Urology is an indispensable guide to the daily practice of urology. This one-volume medical reference book presents the key clinical information you need to diagnose and treat urologic disorders quickly and effectively, featuring brief, well-illustrated chapters and an easy-to-read format. Essential for clinical questions and answers, the Penn Clinical Manual of Urology deserves a place on the bookshelf of not only every urologist, but every provider treating urologic problems. Find information quickly and easily with a format that includes clearly presented algorithms, tables, and figures. Effectively review for the boards using the self-assessment questions at the end of each chapter.
- v. 1, 1976.Bush, Ronnie Beth; Landes, Ralph R.; Zorgniotti, Adrian W.PrintStatus: Not Checked OutLane Catalog Record
- 2015 SpringerCavallini, G.; Paulis, Gianni.1. Introduction -- 2. Anatomy of the penis, with special attention to the tunica albuginea and to the corpora cavernosa -- 3. Epidemiology -- 4. Aetiology and risk factors -- 5. Nosology -- 6. Natural history of Peyronie's disease -- 7. Experimental models and laboratory research for Peyronie's disease -- 8. Symptoms, their physiopathology, and outpatient clinical practice and diagnosis -- 9. Congenital and acquired penile curvature: relationships and differences -- 10. Psychological aspects of Peyronie's diseaese -- 11. Imaging in Peyronie's disease -- 12. Therapy: a general approach -- 13. Medical therapy -- 14. Combination therapy (in the treatment of Peyronie's disease) -- 15. Surgical therapy for Peyronie's disease: why and when (an overview) --16. Advanced techniques of plication surgery with basal approach: when and why -- 17. Corporoplasty: why and when -- 18. Surgical treatment of Peyronie's disease of inflatable penile prosthesis -- 19. Surgical techniques for difficult and complicated cases of Peyronie's disease -- 20. Future perspectives in Peyronie's Disease.
- 2007 SpringerLevine, Laurence A.Historical review of Peyronie's disease: de la Peyronie to Devine / Emre Akkus -- Epidemiology of Peyronie's disease / Ates Kadioglu and Oner Sanli -- Experimental models for the study of the cellular and molecular pathophysiology of Peyronie's disease / Nestor F. Gonzalez-Cadavid and Jacob Rajfer -- The clinical implications of basic science research in Peyronie's disease / John P. Mulhall -- Evaluation of the man with Peyronie's disease / Jason M. Greenfield and Laurence A. Levine -- Oral treatment of Peyronie's disease / Claudio Teloken, Tulio Graziottin, and Patrick E. Teloken -- Intralesional treatment of Peyronie's disease / Muammer Kendirci, Landon Trost, and Wayne J. G. Hellstrom -- Topical therapy: iontophoresis and electromotive drug administration / Savino M. Di Stasi ... [et al.] -- Topical therapy for Peyronie's disease: ultrasound, laser, gels/creams/solutions / Paul F. Engelhardt and Claus R. Riedl -- Combination nonsurgical therapy / Vincenzo Mirone -- Extracorporeal shockwave therapy in Peyronie's disease / Ekkehard W. Hauck and Wolfgang Weidner -- The Nesbit and plication procedures for Peyronie's disease / David J. Ralph -- Penile plication using the 16-dot technique / Robert C. Dean and Tom F. Lue -- Penile straightening with tunica albuginea plication: TAP procedure / Laurence A. Levine -- Incisional corporoplasty for the correction of Peyronie's disease caused penile curvature / Daniel Yachia -- Peyronie's disease: surgical straightening with tunica plication and tunica transfer / Konstantinos Hatzimouratidis and Dimitrios G. Hatzichristou -- A review of plaque incision with focus on temporalis fascia grafts / Martin Gelbard -- Venous patch graft surgery for Peyronie's disease / Robert C. Dean and Tom F. Lue -- Use of porcine small intestinal submucosal graft in the surgical management of Peyronie's disease / L. Dean Knoll -- Penile straightening with plaque incision or partial excision and human pericardial grafting technique / Laurence A. Levine -- Surgical straightening with tunica incision and grafting technique: single relaxing incision based on geometrical principles / Paulo H. Egydio -- Minimally invasive intracorporal incision of Peyronie's plaque / Anthony J. Bella and Gerald B. Brock -- Surgical straightening with penile prosthesis / Steven K. Wilson and Culley C. Carson, III.
- 2012 CRCnetBASEBurg, Karen J. L.; Shalaby, Shalaby W.; Shalaby, Waleed S. W."In a carefully crafted, multidisciplinary, skillfully focused format, this book covers attributes of polymers used for vascular, urological, and gynecological materials. It provides a brief analysis of how the use of polymers in vascular and urogenital applications has evolved in the past five decades and outlines their common and specific functional requirements. It features small, readable monographs that provide a brief description of the evolving role of a particular material, and present topics in highly integrated, well-balanced, authoritatively prepared segments on materials processing and in vitro and in vivo evaluation, complete with case studies"-- Provided by publisher.
- 2014 SpringerNakada, Stephen Y.; Pearle, Margaret Sue.Practical Controversies in Medical Management of Stone Disease addresses areas of controversy regarding the evaluation and management of recurrent stone formers and provides the best available evidence to support or refute common drug and dietary recommendations. Aimed at dispelling common myths about preventative stone treatment, this book provides practical recommendations for the diagnostic evaluation and treatment of recurrent calcium stone formers, and addresses uric acid and cystine stone formers. Written by experts in stone disease, Practical Controversies in Medical Management of Stone Disease is a concise yet comprehensive resource that provides the best, current evidence supporting medical practices regarding kidney stone prevention. The book will be of value to anyone involved in the medical care of patients with kidney stones, including urologists, nephrologists, primary care physicians, and dieticians.
- Practical pelvic floor ultrasonography : a multicompartmental approach to 2D/3D/4D ultrasonography of pelvic floor2014 SpringerShobeiri, S. Abbas.Practical Pelvic Floor Ultrasonography: A Multicompartmental Approach to 2D/3D/4D Ultrasonography of Pelvic Floor provides an introduction to pelvic floor imaging, as well as a resource to be used during initial and more advanced practice. The book helps readers gain competence in performing 2D/3D/4D transperineal, and 2D/3D endovaginal / endoanal ultrasound evaluation of the pelvic floor, including anal sphincter and levator ani complex. The text also shows interested clinicians how to obtain optimal images of pelvic floor muscles and organs, how to obtain useful images of the anal canal, levator ani complex, urethra, and how to interpret clinical implications of alterations of the anatomy. In addition, emerging techniques of dynamic pelvic floor ultrasound and 3D/4D ultrasound are introduced through step by step protocols that are aimed at optimizing sonographic images. Written entirely by experts in their fields, Practical Pelvic Floor Ultrasonography: A Multicompartmental Approach to 2D/3D/4D Ultrasonography of Pelvic Floor is a comprehensive resource that will be of great value to urogynecologists, colorectal surgeons, obstetrician and gynecologists, female urologists, ultrasonographers, radiologists, physiotherapists, as well as fellows in urogynecology and colorectal surgery.
- 2013 SpringerFulgham, Pat Fox; Gilbert, Bruce R.Features original research on the basic science of ultrasound and explores all aspects of the subject, beginning with the physical science of ultrasound and continuing through clinical applications in urology.
- 2011 SpringerChapple, Christopher R.; Steers, William D.Embryology for Urologists -- Gross and Laparoscopic Anatomy of the Upper Urinary Tract and Retroperitoneum -- Gross and Laparoscopic Anatomy of the Lower Urinary Tract and Pelvis -- Anatomy of the Male Reproductive System -- Imaging of the Upper Tracts -- Principles of Bacterial Urinary Tract Infections and Antimicrobials -- An Overview of Renal Physiology -- Ureteral Physiology and Pharmacology -- Physiology and Pharmacology of the Bladder -- Pharmacology of Sexual Function -- Metabolic Evaluation and Medical Management of Stone Disease -- Molecular Biology for Urologists -- Chemotherapeutic Agents for Urologic Oncology -- Tumor and Transplant Immunology -- Pathophysiology of Renal Obstruction -- Pathophysiology of Lower Urinary Tract Obstruction -- Urologic Endocrinology -- Physiology and Pharmacology of the Prostate -- Wound Healing and Principles of Plastic Surgery -- Overview of the Evaluation of Lower Urinary Tract Dysfunction -- Urologic Instrumentation: Endoscopes and Lasers -- Prostatitis and Male Chronic Pelvic Pain Syndrome -- Disorders of Scrotal Contents: Orchitis, Epididymitis, Testicular Torsion, Torsion of the Appendages, and Fournier's Gangrene -- Nonbacterial Infections of the Genitourinary Tract -- Sexually Transmitted Infections -- Hematuria: Evaluation and Management -- Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia (BPH) -- Practical Guidelines for the Treatment of Erectile Dysfunction and Peyronie's Disease -- Premature Ejaculation -- The Role of Interventional Management for Urinary Tract Calculi -- Current Concepts of Anterior Urethral Pathology: Management and Future Directions -- Urinary Incontinence -- Neurogenic Bladder -- Pelvic Prolapse -- Urinary Tract Fistula -- Urologic Trauma -- Bladder Cancer -- Prostate Cancer -- The Management of Testis Cancer.
- 2013 SpringerJannini, Emmanuele A.; McMahon, Chris G.; Waldinger, Marcel D.Premature ejaculation (PE) is a common male sexual complaint, with a self-reported prevalence of 20-30% in observational studies. Over the past 10-20 years, our understanding of PE has evolved from the initial premise that it is a psychological disorder to the current recognition of an underlying biological and probably genetic predisposition in many cases. This new understanding has been accompanied by novel approaches to the assessment and treatment of patients with PE.Premature Ejaculation is the first truly contemporary reference volume on the subject. It covers a broad range of aspects relevant to PE, including past and current definitions of the condition, the etiology of PE, its epidemiology, the impact of PE on both the patient and his partner, and the treatment of PE using pharmacotherapy and/or psychotherapy/cognitive behavioral therapy. The book is well illustrated and referenced, and the primary focus throughout is on evidence-based medicine. This timely and authoritative volume will be of great value to sexual health physicians, andrologists, endocrinologists, urologists, psychiatrists, sexologists, psychologists, and other interested healthcare professionals.
- 2013 SpringerDrach, George W.; Guzzo, Thomas J.; Wein, Alan J.Primer of Geriatric Urology provides a review of the demographics of our aging urologic population and their unique needs. Chapters review alterations that must be considered in the initial evaluation of the aging patient, and follow with practical suggestions for development of the management plan, whether by counseling, medication, invasive procedure or foregoing procedures. Complications, especially likely in the elderly, are also discussed. The volume also provides a review of the use of necessary adjunctive services such as home care or hospice in the context of Medicare in the USA. An important chapter provides hints on urology practice in a nursing home. The volume concludes with analysis of specific geriatric entities seen in urology practice. Primer of Geriatric Urology will be of great value to urologists, residents, fellows and allied health professionals including physician's assistants and nurse practitioners who treat urologic patients. Additionally, this book will also be of interest to primary care providers who treat elderly patients with urologic problems.
- 2014 SpringerJames, Nicholas.
- 2015 SpringerRane, Ajay; Tamilselvi, A.Despite the wide prevalence of urogynaecological problems, in clinical practice, there is a paucity of specialists that are skilled in the management of these conditions. The recognition of the need for a specialist to deal with these specific problems has led to the recent evolution of urogynaecology as a subspecialty. This book, Principles and Practice of Urogynaecology, aims to equip the practicing professionals - Gynaecologists, Urogynaecologists and Urologists, with up-to-date information on the principles that guide the evaluation and management of pelvic organ prolapse and other common urogynaecological problems. With an emphasis on evidence based medicine, the book aims to deliver guidance on management of common urogynaecological problems and provides information on the latest cutting-edge surgical techniques. Written by global experts in the field of urogynaecology, the book focuses initially on pelvic floor anatomy and function, moving seamlessly to the evaluation and management of clinically relevant pelvic floor problems. A detailed discussion on management of mesh related complications is a highlight.
- 2013 SpringerCarson, Culley C.; Gontero, Paolo; Kirby, R. S.Urological problems are so common as to represent a significant burden for many primary care physicians and GPs in their everyday practice worldwide. A major concern is how far to go themselves in the diagnosis and treatment of a urological diseases and when to refer the patient for specialist care. Problem Based Urology provides an easy and user-friendly tool to assist in decision making in the treatment of the more common urological problems and the most appropriate timing for referral to specialist care. Within each chapter, one or more flow charts are included to help the reader to formulate the most likely diagnosis on the basis of findings from medical history, examination and investigations, and to start an appropriate first-line treatment or to refer the patient to the specialist where appropriate. This book will appeal to the primary care physician or general practitioner and is an invaluable reference for professionals dealing with common urological complaints.
- 2008 SpringerJones, J. Stephen.Defining the problem : from subclinical disease to clinically insignificant prostate cancer / Wael Sakr -- What every patient should know about prostate cancer before he submits to biopsy of his prostate / Thomas A. Stamey, Rosalie Nolley, and Dorothea Torti -- Prostate-specific antigen and prostate cancer screening / Stacy Loeb, Misop Han, and William J. Catalona -- The role of complexed prostate-specific antigen in prostate cancer screening / Matthew E. Nielsen and Alan W. Partin -- Newly recognized forms of prostate-specific antigen and emerging molecular markers / Eduardo I. Canto and Kevin M. Slawin -- The role of prostate-specific antigen velocity in the diagnosis and management of prostate cancer / H. Ballentine Carter -- Prostate cancer screening : navigating the controversy / Timothy C. Brand and Ian M. Thompson -- Prostate cancer nomograms and how they measure up to neural networks / Pierre I. Karakiewicz and Michael W. Kattan -- Preparation for prostate biopsy / Alan M. Nieder and Mark S. Soloway -- Principles of prostate ultrasound / Martha K. Terris -- Minimizing pain and optimizing patient experience during prostate biopsy / J. Stephen Jones -- Prostate biopsy techniques / Katsuto Shinohara -- Biopsy strategies-how many and where? / Joseph C. Presti, Jr. -- Transperineal prostate biopsy / Paolo Emiliozzi and Vito Pansadoro -- Repeat prostate biopsies and the Vienna nomograms / Bob Djavan and Sibylle Marihart -- Saturation biopsy for detection and characterization of prostate cancer / J. Stephen Jones -- Pathologic implications of prostate biopsy / Ming Zhou and Cristina Magi-Galluzzi -- Complications of transrectal ultrasound-guided prostate biopsy / Sam S. Chang and Michael S. Cookson -- Management and controversies of high-grade prostatic intraepithelial neoplasia and atypical small acinar proliferation on prostate biopsy / Alon Z. Weizer ... [et al.] -- Future directions in prostate cancer diagnosis / Nicholas J. Fitzsimons ... [et al.]
- 2012 SpringerShah, Rajal B.; Zhou, Ming.Anatomy and Normal Histology of the Prostate Pertinent to Biopsy Practice -- Prostate Needle Biopsy Sampling Techniques: Impact on Pathological Diagnosis -- Diagnosis of Limited Cancer in Prostate Biopsy -- Immunohistochemistry in Prostate Biopsy Evaluation -- Contemporary Approach to Gleason Grading of Prostate Cancer -- Histologic Variants of Prostate Carcinoma -- Benign Mimics of Prostate Carcinoma -- Atypical Cribriform Lesions of the Prostate Gland: Emerging Concepts of Intraductal Carcinoma of the Prostate (IDC-P) -- High-Grade Prostatic Intraepithelial Neoplasia -- Atypical Glands Suspicious for Cancer -- Spindle Cell Lesions of the Prostate Gland -- Treatment Effect in Benign and Malignant Prostate Tissue -- Molecular Biology of Prostate Cancer and Emerging Diagnostic and Prognostic Biomarkers -- Biopsy Specimen Handling, Processing, Quality Assurance Program -- Reporting of Prostate Biopsy.
- 2007 SpringerDenis, L. J.; Ramon, J.Also available: Print – 2007
- 2013 SpringerTindall, Donald.Cell biology. Stem cells in the normal and malignant prostate / Norman J. Maitland -- Role of reactive stroma in prostate cancer / Rebeca San Martin, David R. Rowley -- The role of cholesterol in prostate cancer / Keith R. Solomon, Kristine Pelton, Michael R. Freeman -- Genetics. PTEN in prostate cancer / Marcus A. Ruscetti, Hong Wu -- ETS fusion genes in prostate cancer / J. Chad Brenner, Arul M. Chinnaiyan, Scott A. Tomlins -- Cell signaling. Signaling mechanisms of Vav3, a guanine nucleotide exchange factor and androgen receptor coactivator, in physiology and prostate cancer progression / Leah S. Lyons, Kerry L. Burnstein -- Transforming growth factor-beta in prostate cancer / David Danielpour -- The p38 MAPK pathway in prostate cancer / Daniel Djakiew -- NF-kappaB2/p52 in prostate cancer / Nagalakshmi Nadiminty, Ramakumar Tummala, Yezi Zhu -- The functional role of DAB2IP, a homeostatic factor, in prostate cancer / Eun-Jin Yun, Kaijie Wu, Yuh-Shyan Tsai -- Tyrosine kinases in prostate cancer / Yun Qiu, Dhanraj Deshmukh -- Human prostatic acid phosphatase in prostate carcinogenesis / Sakthivel Muniyan, Yu-Wei Chou, Shou-Qiang Ou-Yang -- Hormonal. Truncated androgen receptor splice variants in prostate cancer / Peter E. Lonergan, Donald J. Tindall -- Biology and clinical relevance of estrogen receptors in prostate cancer / Shuk-Mei Ho, Pheruza Tarapore, Ming-Tsung Lee, and Yuet-Kin Leung -- Vitamin D and prostate cancer / Jung-Sun Kim, Justin M. Roberts, Nancy L. Weigel -- HDAC6 regulation of androgen signaling in prostate cancer / Junkui Ai, Zhou Wang -- Beyond the cell cycle : implications of D-type cyclin deregulation in prostate cancer / Michael A. Augello, William F. Ostrander Jr., Karen E. Knudsen -- Cell death. Role of par-4 in prostate cancer / Nidhi Shukla, Nikhil K. Hebbar, Vivek M. Rangnekar -- Autophagy and prostate cancer therapeutics / Hsing-Jien Kung, Chun Changou, Hao G. Nguyen, Joy C. Yang, Christopher P. Evans, Richard J. Bold, and Frank Chuang.
- 2007 SpringerChung, Leland W. K.; Isaacs, William Brewster; Simons, Jonathan W.Xenograft models of human prostate cancer -- The pathology of human prostatic atrophy and inflammation -- Tissue microarrays in prostate cancer research -- Prostate (cancer) stem cells -- Cancer-host interactions: a paradigm shift brings new understanding and new opportunities -- Androgen receptor function in prostate cancer progression -- Hedgehog signaling in development and cancer -- Cholesterol, cell signaling, and prostate cancer -- Gene therapy for advanced prostate cancer -- Role of transforming growth factor-ss in immunotherapy of prostate cancer -- Biology and therapeutic basis of prostate cancer bone metastasis -- Molecular imaging: noninvasive strategies to visualize gene expression in living subjects -- Quantum dot nanotechnology for prostate cancer research -- Expression profiling of prostate cancer progression -- Somatic alterations in prostate cancer progression -- Linkage studies of prostate cancer families to identify susceptibility genes -- Somatic DNA methylation changes and prostatic carcinogenesis -- Telomeres, telomerase, chromosome stability, and prostate cancer -- Racial differences in prostate cancer mortality -- Radiotherapy for the treatment of locally advanced prostate cancer -- Recombinant antibody candidates for treatment of prostate cancer -- Differentiation agents and epigenomic therapies: an overview and potential use for prostate cancer -- Taxane-based chemotherapy for prostate cancer -- Co-targeting therapeutics for hormone refractory prostate cancer -- Intercellular targets of prostate cancer -- Novel and efficient translational clinical trial designs in advanced prostate cancer.
- 2013 SpringerTewari, Ashutosh.Prostate cancer is the commonest male cancer with over 5 million survivors in US alone. Worldwide, the problem is staggering and has attracted significant attention by media, scientists and cancer experts. Significant research, discoveries, innovations and advances in treatment of this cancer have produced voluminous literature which is difficult to synthesize and assimilate by the medical community. Prostate Cancer: A Comprehensive Perspective is a comprehensive and definitive source which neatly resolves this problem. It covers relevant literature by leading experts in basic science, molecular biology, epidemiology, cancer prevention, cellular imaging, staging, treatment, targeted therapeutics and innovative technologies. Prostate Cancer: A Comprehensive Perspective, is a valuable and timely resource for urologists and oncologists.
- 2015 SpringerArriaga, Juan; Azhar, Raed A.; Gill, Inderbir S.; Sotelo, René.1. Introduction -- 2. An Appointment with the Urologist -- 3. Prostate-Specific Antigen (PSA) -- 4. Prostate Biopsy -- 5. Prostatitis- Pelvic Pain -- 6. Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia -- 7. Prostate Cancer -- 8. How to Get a Second Opinion.
- 2013 SpringerJones, J. Stephen.Based on the highly successful first edition of Prostate Biopsy: Indications, Techniques, and Complications, this new volume presents new concepts that have emerged in answer to current questions from its audience. Many new perspectives and technologies are presented, many from the authors' internationally recognized work on the topic. Substantial developments in techniques and complications are explored in detail. The chapter authors comprise a complete spectrum of specialists in their respective subject areas. All authors are internationally accepted as the premier authorities on their chosen topics. Prostate Cancer Diagnosis: PSA, Biopsy, and Beyond presents new data on the controversial issue of PSA screening and thresholds as indication to perform biopsy. Office based transrectal saturation biopsy is covered in detail. Other topics explored include template guided biopsy and image-guided biopsy as well as a completely new paradigm for prevention of complications.Prostate Cancer Diagnosis: PSA, Biopsy, and Beyond will be of great value and utility to all practicing urologists.
- 2014 SpringerCuzick, J.; Thorat, Mangesh A.Prostate cancer is by far the most common cancer in men and the second leading cause of death due to cancer. It comprises a mixed group of tumours displaying varying clinical behaviour: while some have a very aggressive course, others are rather indolent. Prevention of prostate cancer and discrimination between aggressive and indolent forms are important clinical goals, and the acquisition of significant new evidence on means of achieving these aims makes this book particularly timely. A wide range of topics are covered by leading authorities in the field. The biology and natural history of prostate cancer are reviewed, and the role of lifestyle and dietary factors, assessed. Detailed attention is paid to risk prediction biomarkers and to the role of novel high-throughput nucleic acid-based technologies in improving risk prediction and thereby allowing tailored approaches to cancer prevention. Potential means of chemoprevention of prostate cancer are also reviewed in depth, covering the very positive new data on the impact of aspirin as well as evidence regarding 5-reductase inhibitors, DFMO, and lycopene. Guidance is provided on the differentiation of aggressive from indolent disease, and the policy and research implications of recent findings are examined. This book will be of interest to both clinicians and researchers.
- 2013 SpringerStaibano, Stefania.The aim of this book will be to contribute to the education of a new generation of experts in urology, molecular biology, pathology and oncology, offering them sufficient knowledge in basic and translational research to be fluency in the web of interacting networks playing a role in prostate cancer development, progression, metastasis and drug-resistance. The volume will cover the latest innovative researches in prostate cancer, with particular emphasis to the state-of-the-art analysis technologies that are essential for the accurate identification of molecular targets for disease diagnosis, molecular mechanisms of tumorigenesis, markers for susceptibility, molecular-based prognostic prevision, characterization of biomarkers of drug efficacy and drug resistance, validation of new therapeutics and diagnostics. Current advancements on the intersecting data concerning transcriptomes, proteomes, and the molecular techniques referred as "omes, will be reported and discussed.
- 2015 SpringerPorter, Christopher R.; Wolff, Erika M.Introduction -- History of Prostate Ultrasound -- Applied Anatomy of the Male Pelvis -- Basic Physics of Diagnostic Ultrasound -- Advanced Prostate Imaging: Correlating Prostate Anatomy with MRI and MRI/Ultrasound Fusion -- Prostate Ultrasound Artifacts and How to Fix Them -- Male Infertility And Prostate Ultrasound -- Application of Prostate Ultrasound for Benign Prostate Hyperplasia and Male Urinary Stress Incontinence -- Application of Prostate Ultrasound for Prostate Biopsy -- Prostate Ultrasound Complications and Patient Safety -- Imaging the Prostate with Quantitative Ultrasound: Implications for Guiding Biopsies, Targeting Focal Treatment, and Monitoring Therapy -- Prostate Elastography.
- 2008 SpringerOyasu, Ryoichi; Yang, Ximing J.; Yoshida, Osamu.
- 2012 Thieme BookChopra, Shailendra.
- 2015 SpringerEhrenpreis, Eli; Marsh, Robert de W.; Small, William.This book provides a state-of-the-art review of the role of radiation therapy in various pelvic malignancies as well as the consequences of the radiation in the pelvic tissues. With sections covering the role of radiation therapy in the various pelvic malignancies, the pathophysiology of radiation related injury and the risk factors that increase the possibility of such an injury, and the latest in medical, endoscopic and surgical therapies for these radiation related complications the text offers a concise yet comprehensive overview of radiation therapy in the human pelvis, its role and the adverse effects on the pelvic organs. Written by experts in the field with readers in mind, Radiation Therapy for Pelvic Malignancy and its Consequences is the first of its kind standalone reference on the subject. ℗ℓ Radiation Therapy for Pelvic Malignancy and its Consequences is of great value to urologists, medical radiation and gynecological oncologists, and gastroenterologists.
- 2014 SpringerEastham, James A.; Schaeffer, Edward M.Radical Prostatectomy: Surgical Perspectives provides surgeons with a comprehensive overview of the anatomical approach to radical prostatectomy, whether done through an open (retropubic) or robotic-assisted laparoscopic approach. All chapters are structured to provide a step-by-step approach to the most technically demanding and most common oncologic procedure in urology surgery. The book includes highly practical presentations of typical surgical patients seen in the clinical practice of urology and relies heavily on illustrations and intraoperative photographs to clearly complement the text. In addition, the book ?includes a detailed description of the management of uncommon but potentially serious intraoperative complications, including major vascular injury, ureteral transaction, and rectotomy. Written by authors from a variety of integrated disciplines, including anesthesia, cardiology, and nursing Radical Prostatectomy: Surgical Perspectives is a unique and valuable resource in the field of urology both for those currently in training and for those already in surgical practices.
- Active surveillance for localized prostate cancer : a new paradigm for clinical management — Immunology of the female genital tract (100)
- Interstitial prostate brachytherapy : LDR-PDR-HDR — Radical prostatectomy : surgical perspectives (100)
- Radiological imaging of the kidney. Second edition [2nd ed.] — Vaginal surgery for the urologist. 1st ed. (83)
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- AAP Red Book Online
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Sabiston Textbook of Surgery
- Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics
- Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics
- Mandell, Douglas, & Bennett's Principles & Practice of Infectious Diseases
- Red Book Online
- ICU Book
- Primary Care Medicine
- Campbell-Walsh Urology
Access restricted to Stanford community
Shortcut to Licensed Content
TO INSTALL, DRAG THIS BUTTON to your browser Bookmarks or Tools Bar.
Bookmark on Other Websites
- TO INSTALL, RIGHT CLICK this button.
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
- Once installed it will look like this
- Click "Bookmark on Lane" to bookmark any webpage
- Your saved bookmark will appear on this page
Can't find it?
Look if we have it in print
- Springer Protocols
- Lange Series
- National Academy Press
- NCBI Bookshelf
- Thieme Atlases
A repository of medical knowledge from internal medicine, cardiology, genetics, pharmacy, diagnosis and management, basic sciences, patient care, and more.
Continuously expanding, all databases in the repository contain the latest editions of selected medical titles.MicroMedex: Premier pharmaceutical information source containing multiple databases and drug reference tools. Of particular value is DRUGDEX Evaluations, one of the most comprehensive drug sources available.DynaMed is a clinical information resource used by physicians to answer clinical questions quickly and easily at the point of care. Topics are updated daily as new evidence becomes available.Scopus is the largest abstract and citation database of peer-reviewed literature: scientific journals, books and conference proceedings.A drug information resource containing: American Hospital Formulary System (AHFS), drug formulary for Lucile Packard Children's Hospital (LPCH) and Stanford Hospital & Clinics (SHC), Lexi-Drugs (adverse reactions, dosage and administration, mechanism of action, storage, use, and administration information), Lexi-Calc, Lexi-ID, Lexi-I.V. Compatibility (King Guide), Lexi-Interact, and Lexi-PALS.Cumulative Index to Nursing and Allied Health Literature (CINAHL) contains coverage of nursing and allied health literature.A knowledge database that provides access to topic reviews based on over 6000 clinically relevant articles. The evidence-based content, updated regularly, provides the latest practice guidelines in 59 medical specialtiesProvides critical assessments of systematic reviews compiled from a variety of medical journals.Selects from the biomedical literature original studies and systematic reviews that are immediately clinically relevant and then summarizes these articles in an enhanced abstract with expert commentary.
Multidisciplinary coverage of over 10,000 high-impact journals in the sciences, social sciences, and arts and humanities, as well as international proceedings coverage for over 120,000 conferences.
Includes cited reference searching, citation maps, and an analyze tool.
Features systematic reviews that summarize the effects of interventions and makes a determination whether the intervention is efficacious or not.
Cochrane reviews are created through a strict process of compiling and analyzing data from multiple randomized control trials to ensure comprehensiveness and reliability.Provides systematic coverage of the psychological literature from the 1800s to the present through articles, book chapters and dissertations.BMJ Clinical Evidence. A clinical information tool built around systematic reviews summarizing the current state of knowledge about prevention and treatment of clinical conditions.PIER (Physicians' Information and Education Resource) is a Web-based decision-support tool designed for rapid point-of-care delivery of up-to-date, evidence-based guidance for primary care physicians.Cochrane Central Register of Controlled Trials (CENTRAL) provides access to 300,000 controlled trials that have been identified the Cochrane Collaboration.Provides drug information targeted for patients.A continually updating drug monograph.The National Guideline Clearinghouse (NGC): A comprehensive database of evidence-based clinical practice guidelines and related documents.MedlinePlus: A repository of health information from the National Library of Medicine. Links are from trusted sites. No advertising, no endorsement of commercial companies or productsLPCH CareNotes via MicroMedex: Patient education handouts customized by LPCH clinical staffMicromedex Lab Advisor: Evidence based laboratory test informationA drug database organized by generic name, trade name and drug class.LPCH / Stanford Hospital Formulary.A goldmine of trusted consumer health information from the world's largest medical library.A trusted source of expert advice for and about kids, providing the information necessary to help patients and parents understand their unique needs.Provides patient handouts from the American Academy of Family Physician.Access to the Stanford Health Library for patients.Lane provides access to over 5,000 eBooks many of which provide helpful background material that will prepare you to better tackle primary literature.
Largest, broadest eBook package; covers all sciences, as well as technology (including software), medicine, and humanities.
In addition to covering Wiley and Springer, MyiLibrary is also the only provider for Oxford and Cambridge University Press titles. No seat restrictions.A collection of biomedical books that can be searched directly by concept, and linked to terms in PubMed abstracts.
A web-based, decision support system for infectious diseases, epidemiology, microbiology and antimicrobial chemotherapy. The database, updated weekly, currently includes 337 diseases, 224 countries, 1,147 microbial taxa and 306 antibacterial (-fungal, -parasitic, -viral) agents and vaccines.
Over 10,000 notes outline the status of specific infections within each country.
Provides online, full-text access to Springer's journal titles as well as journals from other publishers.
Subjects include: life sciences, chemical sciences, environmental sciences, geosciences, computer science, mathematics, medicine, physics and astronomy, engineering and economics. Also includes eBooks.Collection of over 8 thousand fulltext titles in engineering, math, and basic and applied biomedical research. Coverage is from 1967 to the present.A library of ebooks on a wide array of topics, digitized and made available online in conjunction with the original publishers.