Books by Subject
101 to 200 of 218 titles
View by page
- Active surveillance for localized prostate cancer a new paradigm for clinical management — Male infertility a complete guide to lifestyle and environmental factors (100)
- Male LUTS/BPH made easy — Urogynecology and reconstructive pelvic surgery. Fourth edition. [4th ed.] (100)
- Urogynecology evidence-based clinical practice. 2nd ed. — Vaginal surgery for the urologist. 1st ed. (18)
- Male LUTS/BPH made easy 2014, SpringerMale LUTS/BPH Made Easy is an up-to-date comprehensive reference on the management of Lower Urinary Tract Symptoms (LUTS) due to Benign Prostatic Enlargement (BPE), which incorporates all of the key issues in the field of management of male lower urinary tract symptoms and benign prostatic disease. Male LUTS/BPH Made Easy aims to update the reader on the most current treatments and assist in clinical decision making based on the latest evidence.
- Male sexual function a guide to clinical management. 2nd ed. 2006, SpringerNormal anatomy and physiology / Paul Milhoua, Daniel Lowe, and Arnold Melman -- Epidemiology of erectile dysfunction / Ridwan Shabsigh -- Cardiac issues related to erectile dysfunction / Thorsten Reffelmann and Robert A. Kloner -- How a primary care clinician approaches erectile dysfunction / Richard Sadovsky and Kevin Custis -- Psychological aspects related to erectile dysfunction / Michael A. Perelman -- Hormonal evaluation and treatment / Jeremy P.W. Heaton and Alvaro Morales -- Radical prostatectomy and other pelvic surgeries: effects on erectile function / Muammer Kendirici, Jeffrey Bejma, Wayne J.G. Hellstrom -- Drugs that affect male sexual function / Benjamin K. Yang and Craig F. Donnatucci -- Neurogenic sexual dysfunction in men and women / Kazem M. Azadozoi and Mike B. Siroky -- Female sexual dysfunction / Irwin Goldstein -- Evaluation of the patient with erectile dysfunction / Jeffrey C. LaRochelle and Laurence A. Levine --Oral therapy for erectile dysfunction / Raymond W. Pak and Gregory A. Broderick -- Intracavernosal injection with vasoactive agents / Alice K. Tsao and Ajay Nehra -- Topical and intra-urethral therapy / John C. Hairston, Edguardo Becher, and Kevin T. McVary -- Vacuum erection devices / Hunter Wessells -- Penile implants / Steven K. Wilson and John J. Mulcahy -- Peyronie's disease: history and medical therapy / J. Slade Hubbard and Culley C. Carson -- Peyronie's disease: surgical therapy / Gerald H. Jordan -- Vascular surgery for erectile dysfunction / William O. Brant ... [et al.] -- Priapism / Lawrence S. Hakim -- Ejaculatory disorders / Chris G. McMahon -- Gene therapy for erectile dysfunction / Thomas R. Magee, Jacob Rajfer, and Nestor F. Gonzalez-Cavidad.
- Management of erectile dysfunction in clinical practice 2007, Springer
- Management of penile cancer 2014, SpringerManagement of Penile Cancer provides a comprehensive and state-of-the-art overview of the major issues specific to the field of penile cancer. The sections of the book are structured to review the overall scope of issues of penile cancer, including diagnosis and staging, surgical approaches, and the treatment of advanced disease. As multidisciplinary care is an integral part of the treatment of penile cancer, this book is unique in the inclusion of collaborating authors from a variety of integrated disciplines, including urology, radiation oncology, medical oncology, and reconstructive surgery. Written by recognized experts in their field, Management of Penile Cancer is a unique and valuable resource in the field of penile cancer, both for those currently in training and for those already in clinical or research practice.
- Management of prostate cancer-- a multidisciplinary approach 2012, SpringerEpidemiology of Prostate Cancer in Europe /Ruben G. Cremers and Lambertus A. Kiemeney --Chemoprevention of Prostate Cancer /Bertrand Tombal --Individual and Mass Screening /Chris H. Bangma, Pim J. van Leeuwen and Monique J. Roobol --Anatomo-Pathology /Theodorus H. Van der Kwast --Biomarkers for Prostate Cancer /Gisele H. J. M. Leyten, Peter F. A. Mulders and Jack A. Schalken --Diagnosis, Clinical Work Up, TNM Classification, Markers /Jean-Luc Descotes and Anne-Sophie Gauchez --Active Surveillance for Favorable Risk Prostate Cancer: Background, Patient Selection, Triggers for Intervention, and Outcomes /Laurence Klotz --Open Radical Prostatectomy /Hein van Poppel and Steven Joniau --Robot-Assisted Radical Prostatectomy /Stefan Carlsson and Nils Peter Wiklund --Permanent Prostate Brachytherapy /Jan J. Battermann --High-Dose-Rate Brachytherapy: Indications, Technique, and Results /Alberto Bossi, Rodolfe Verstraet, Lucie Calmels and Pierre Blanchard --Intensity Modulated Radiotherapy for Prostate Cancer /Olivier Chapet, Corina Udrescu and Ciprian Enachescu --Combination of Androgen Deprivation Therapy and Radiation Therapy for Locally Advanced and Localized Prostate Cancer /Michel Bolla and Camille Verry --Postoperative Irradiation: Immediate or Early Delayed? /Dirk Bottke and Thomas Wiegel --High-Intensity Focused Ultrasound (HIFU) for Prostate Cancer /Albert Gelet, Sebastien Crouzet, Olivier Rouviere and Jean-Yves Chapelon --Cryotherapy /Matvey Tsivian and Thomas J. Polascik --Follow-up After Radical Treatments and Relapse /Nicolas Mottet --First-Line Hormonal Manipulation of Prostate Cancer /Suresh Venugopal and John Anderson --Resistance to Chemical Castration: Second-Line Hormonal Treatment /Yohann Loriot, Christophe Massard and Karim Fizazi --Targeted Therapies and Vaccination /Guru Sonpavde and Cora N. Sternberg --How to Interpret Results? /Laurence Collette --Management of Prostate Cancer: EAU Guidelines on Screening, Diagnosis and Treatment /Axel Heidenreich --Better Patients' Perspective /Louis J. Denis.
- Management of prostate cancer. 3rd ed. 2013, SpringerEpidemiology and risk factors / Ranko Miocinovic -- Twenty years and counting : is PSA still useful in 2010? / Haluk Ozen and Sertac Yazici -- Prostate cancer screening : a review of the evidence with clinical practice implications / Timothy J. Wilt -- Beyond PSA : promising new markers for prostate cancer / Leonard Marks -- Hereditary prostate cancer and genetic risk / Adam C. Reese, Graham Casey, and John S. Witte -- Prostate inflammation and prostate cancer / William G. Nelson ... [et al.] -- Molecular progression of prostate cancer : androgens and estrogens / Stephen A. Boorjian and Donald J. Tindall -- The role of obesity and diet in prostate cancer / Jean-Alfred Thomas II and Stephen J. Freedland -- Prostate cancer risk reduction by chemoprevention / Kenneth G. Nepple, Adam S. Kibel, and Gerald L. Andriole -- Current issues in pathologic evaluation / Sara M. Falzarano, Howard S. Levin, and Cristina Magi-Galluzzi -- Optimum prostate biopsy : techniques and strategies / Osama M. Zaytoun and J. Stephen Jones -- The utility of nomograms in routine clinical practice / Carvell T. Nguyen and Michael W. Kattan -- Active surveillance comes of age / Laurence Klotz -- Focal therapy : prostate hemiablation as the first historical treatment model for focal therapy of early stage prostate cancer / Vladimir Mouraviev and Thomas J. Polascik -- Contemporary external beam radiotherapy / Rahul Tendulkar and Kevin Stephans -- Surgery, brachytherapy, or external beam radiation for low- and intermediate-risk disease? / Jay P. Ciezki and Eric A. Klein -- The role for radical prostatectomy in advanced prostate cancer / R. Jeffrey Karnes and Michael L. Blute -- Radiation therapy in the management of locally advanced prostate cancer / Joseph D. Mancias and Anthony L. Zietman -- Clinical implications of measuring quality-of-life in early stage prostate cancer / Peter Chang, Mehrdad Alemozaffar, and Martin G. Sanda -- Treatment modalities of post-prostatectomy incontinence : a historical perspective as well as current therapy options / Christina Ching and Drogo K. Montague -- Management of biochemical recurrence after localized treatment for prostate cancer / Stephen B. Williams and Toni K. Choueiri -- Management of newly diagnosed metastatic disease / C. Lance Cowey and Thomas E. Hutson -- Pitfalls of androgen deprivation therapy / Alicia K. Morgans and Matthew R. Smith -- Current management of castration-resistant prostate cancer (CRPC) / Jorge A. Garcia and Robert Dreicer -- Beta-emitting radiopharmaceuticals and bone metastasis / Oliver Sartor.
- Management of urological cancers in older people 2013, SpringerThe risk of cancer increases with age and the number of older adults seeking treatment is rising dramatically in line with the aging population. The care of older patients differs from that of younger adults because of variation in the biology of the tumor, age-related variation in host physiology, co-morbidity burden and psychosocial issues, which might impact the efficacy and side effects of cancer therapy.Management of Urological Cancers in Older People focuses on treatment strategies of urological cancers and provides guidance on the issues specific to older patients, spanning background and epidemiology, special considerations in the care of older people, therapeutics, and psychosocial considerations. This book offers a thorough review of current approaches to treating older urological cancer patients, detailing the special issues and considerations involved. The discipline-spanning coverage outlines best practice and proposes topics for future research.This first volume in the Management of Cancer in Older People series will be of interest to all surgical oncologists, medical oncologists, gerontologists, urologists and other members of the multidisciplinary team involved in the care of elderly urological cancer patients.
- Manual endourology [training for residents] 2005, Springer
- Manual of laparoscopic urology 2008, Springer
- Medical therapy in urology 2010, SpringerBladder Cancer / Mark A. Rochester and John D. Kelly -- Renal Cell Cancer / Bryan Y. Wong and Wolfram E. Samlowski -- Prostate Cancer / Ajay Pahuja, Ali Thwaini, Thiaga Nambirajan and Patrick F. Keane -- Testicular Cancer / Daniel Rottke and Peter Albers -- Penile Cancer / Giorgio Pizzocaro -- LUTS/Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia / Katie Moore and Jay Khastgir -- Overactive Bladder and Incontinence / Vinay Kalsi, Abdul Chowdhury and Kim Mammen -- Urinary Tract Infections / Magnus J. Grabe -- Bladder Pain Syndrome/Interstitial Cystitis / Paul Irwin -- Chronic Prostatitis/Chronic Pelvic Pain Syndrome / José M. Reyes and Michael A. Pontari -- Urinary Tract Stones / William G. Robertson -- Erectile Dysfunction / Chi-Ying Li and David Ralph -- Male Hypogonadism / Aikaterini Theodoraki and Pierre-Marc Gilles Bouloux -- Renal Transplantation / Behdad Afzali, Kerem B. Atalar, Refik Gökmen and David J. A. Goldsmith -- Analgesia for Urological Procedures / Aza A. Mohammed, Rose McRobert and Brian Little -- Alternative or Complementary Treatments in Urology / Charlotte L. Foley, Sergiy Tadtayev and Tamsin J. Greenwell.
- Men's health 2013, SpringerMen's Health is a concise, didactic compendium that covers three important aspects of male sexual health:- Testosterone Deficiency Syndrome; Premature Ejaculation and Sexually Transmitted Infections (STIs).The chapters that deal with Testosterone Deficiency Syndrome cover the epidemiology of the condition in the local context, the science behind the condition, its clinical presentation and treatment choices.The section on Premature Ejaculation advises the health practitioner on how to investigate this condition and describes the various treatment options available to the patient.The chapters on Sexually Transmitted Infections cover special aspects of the diagnosis, prevention and treatment of STIs occurring in Men which are not normally highlighted in the usual texts on STI management.Written by experts in the field, Men's Health is a valuable and timely resource for urologists, andrologists, endocrinologists as well as other health professionals practicing in these areas.
- Men's sexual health and fertility a clinician's guide 2014, SpringerIn the last decade, much of the clinical interest in the field of infertility has focused on advancing reproductive techniques and has often under-appreciated the role that male sexuality plays in reproductive problems. Male sexual function is an integral part of reproduction, and the treatment of sexual dysfunction is an important component for any couple seeking fertility. In some cases, treatment of sexual dysfunction may obviate the need for more invasive cures through advanced reproductive techniques. Thanks to recent clinical and scientific advances in male sexual medicine, the management of men's sexual dysfunction is often more effective and less invasive than how it was historically described. Men's Sexual Health and Fertility is the only resource that focuses on the interplay and interconnections between male sexual dysfunction and male factor infertility, gathering insightful data from a panel of experts in male sexual medicine for clinicians who treat couples with fertility issues due to male sexual dysfunction. Chapters discuss advances in the field of men's sexual medicine, including the latest treatment for erectile dysfunction, the most up-to-date understanding of the physiology and pathophysiology of ejaculation, and the growing body of evidence that low testosterone and male infertility are intimately related. As such, this book provides important information in order to be able to better understand the link between sexual dysfunction and infertility and, most importantly, to better treat male sexual dysfunction in the infertile couple.
- Metastasis of prostate cancer 2007, Springer
- "Minimally Invasive Therapy for Urinary Incontinence and Pelvic Organ Prolapse provides a detailed insight into "when, why, what and how" of various minimally invasive surgical procedures for surgical management of SUI, OAB & POP. The volume provides detailed diagrammatic and pictorial step-by-step descriptions of the techniques and management of complications related to these procedures. This book also presents an up to date, one-stop reference for anything pertaining to MIT of these pelvic disorders. Written by experts in the field, Minimally Invasive Therapy for Urinary Incontinence and Pelvic Organ Prolapse is a comprehensive resource designed for both the urologist and urogynecologist treating patients with urinary disorders and pelvic organ prolapsed, as well as for residents in training."--Publisher's website.
- MR enterography 2014, Springer
- Multidisciplinary care of urinary incontinence 2013, SpringerMultidisciplinary Care of Urinary Incontinence - a Handbook for Health Professionals effectively uses a multidisciplinary approach to assist health professionals in their care of patients with urinary incontinence. It is recognized that the best outcomes are achieved by a multidisciplinary team approach especially with regard to complex cases and care of the elderly. This book is written by expert authors from around the world with a wealth of experience in conducting clinics on pelvic floor, aged care voiding dysfunction and neuro-rehabilitation. The text is illustrated throughout and contains case-studies with input and practical tips from the different health disciplines at each point. Each chapter concludes with a list of seminal publications and web-based resources to assist the reader in the clinical environment. Multidisciplinary Care of Urinary Incontinence - a Handbook for Health Professionals is of benefit to medical and allied health disciplines including family physicians, nurses, urologists, gynecologists, physiotherapists, geriatricians, neurologists and rehabilitation specialists.
- Prostate cancer is the most common neoplasm in men and its management is very complex, in terms of both diagnosis and treatment. In recent years the value of multidisciplinary management within a prostate cancer unit has been increasingly recognized. Such a multidisciplinary approach within a specialized unit involves a variety of specialists, including urologists, oncologists, radiotherapists, radiologists and pathologists. This book describes in detail the advantages of multidisciplinary management of prostate cancer. It opens by explaining the nature of the required multidisciplinary team and the potential benefits of the prostate cancer unit as a structure for the delivery of specialist multidisciplinary care. Epidemiological aspects favoring multidisciplinary management are described and each element of care within the context of the prostate cancer unit is then discussed; also has been described the role of advanced imaging (Multiparametric MRI) in the management of PCa. Early diagnosis, risk classification, treatment decision making, surgery, radiotherapy, medical therapies and health care support are all fully considered. This book will be informative and enlightening for all who are involved in the management of patients with prostate cancer.
- Netter collection of medical illustrations. Volume 1, Reproductive system. 2nd ed. 2011, ClinicalKeySection 1. Development of the genital tracts and functional relationships of the gonads -- section 2. The penis and male perineum -- section 3. The scrotum and testis -- section 4. The seminal vesicles and prostate -- section 5. Sperm and ejaculation -- section 6. The vulva -- section 7. The vagina -- section 8. The uterus and cervix -- section 9. The fallopian tubes -- section 10. The ovaries -- section 11. The ovum and reproduction -- section 12. Pregnancy -- section 13. The breast.
- Section 1: Anatomy of the Urinary Tract -- Section 2: Normal and Abnormal Development -- Section 3: Physiology -- Section 4: Renal Diseases -- Section 5: Urinary Tract Infections -- Section 6: Urinary Tract Obstructions -- Section 7: Traumatic Injuries -- Section 8: Voiding Dysfunction -- Section 9: Neoplasms -- Section 10: Therapeutics.
- Nocturia causes, consequences and clinical approaches 2012, SpringerNocturia: Causes, Consequences and Clinical Approaches is the first volume exclusively on the topic of nocturia and is designed to be a comprehensive treatise on the subject. The volume is organized into 11 chapters first introducing and defining nocturia and its impact to patients and society, followed by chapters dealing with predictors and risk factors; relationship to sleep disorders; overactive bladder; and water homeostasis. Therapeutic areas addressing nocturia are covered in specific chapters and include pharmacotherapy affecting the bladder, prostate and kidneys as well as behavioral therapy and surgical intervention. Separate chapters are devoted to alternative therapies as well as the impact of nocturia in the elderly. The volume closes with a chapter presenting avenues for future investigation into the etiology and management of nocturia. Clinical case scenarios inclusive of figures and tables illuminate the evaluation and management of patients with nocturia. Nocturia: Causes, Consequences and Clinical Approaches will give physicians and related healthcare providers the background to understand the conditions causing nocturia, how nocturia affects society and the basis for its rational treatment. It will be used as a state of the art reference by urologists, urogynecologists, internists, nephrologists, pulmonologists, endocrinologists and sleep medicine specialists.
- Office andrology 2005, SpringerEssentials of sperm biology / Sharon T. Mortimer -- Endocrinology of male infertility / R. Dale McClure -- Sperm preparation for insemination / Grace M. Centola -- Specialized sperm testing: pros and cons / Kirk C. Lo ... [et al.] -- Genetic testing for male infertility / Robert D. Oates -- Optimizing success in a donor insemination program / Phillip E. Patton -- Ethical and legal considerations of donor insemination in the United States / Karen E. Adams -- Laboratory accreditation / William Byrd -- Office evaluation of male infertility / Darius A. Paduch and Eugene F. Fuchs -- Varicocele and infertility / Ulrike Zenke and Paul Turek --Strategic therapies for ejaculatory disorders and erectile dysfunction in the infertile man / Mustafa F. Usta and Wayne J. G. Hellstrom -- Vasectomy reversal / Eugene F. Fuchs and Darius A. Paduch -- Infection and male infertility / Emmett F. Branigan -- Obstructive and nonobstructive azoospermia / Kinloch Nelson and Peter Schlegel -- Testis biopsy and the infertile male / Sherman J. Silber -- Intracytoplasmic sperm injection: the process, the outcomes, and the controversies / David E. Battaglia -- Treatment of human immunodeficiency virus-discordant couples / Joseph E. Peña and Mark V. Sauer -- Sperm and egg retrieval for posthumous reproduction: practical, ethical, and legal considerations / Lisa V. Brock and Anna C. Mastroianni -- Gender selection: separating fact from fiction / David S. Karabinus and Keith L. Blauer.
- Operative atlas of laparoscopic reconstructive urology 2009, Springer
- Operative urology at the Cleveland Clinic 2006, SpringerSurgical incisions / J. Stephen Jones -- Adrenal disease / Andrew C. Novick -- Laparoscopic adrenalectomy / Mihir M. Desai and Inderbir S. Gill -- Renal malignancy / Andrew C. Novick -- Laparoscopic surgery for renal cell carcinoma / Inderbir S. Gill -- Renal calculus disease / Stevan B. Streem and J. Stephen Jones -- Renal vascular disease / Andrew C. Novick -- Surgical technique of cadaver donor nephrectomy / Venkatesh Krishnamurthi -- Open donor nephrectomy / David A. Goldfarb -- Living laparoscopic donor nephrectomy / Alireza Moinzadeh and Inderbir S. Gill -- Renal transplantation / David A. Goldfarb, Stuart M. Flechner, and Charles S. Modlin -- Renal trauma / J. Stephen Jones -- Nerve-sparing retroperitoneal lymphadenectomy / Eric A. Klein -- Ureterolysis / Lawrence M. Wyner -- Pancreas transplantation / Venkatesh Krishnamurthi -- Ureteropelvic junction obstruction / Stevan B. Streem and Jonathan H. Ross -- Laparoscopic pyeloplasty / Anup P. Ramani and Inderbir S. Gill -- Urothelial tumors of the renal pelvis and ureter / Stevan B. Streem -- Management of the en bloc distal ureter and bladder cuff during retroperitoneoscopic radical nephroureterectomy / Osamu Ukimura and Inderbir S. Gill -- Ureteral disorders in children / Jonathan H. Ross and Robert Kay -- Iatrogenic and traumatic ureteral injury / Bashir R. Sankari -- Ureteral calculi / Stevan B. Streem -- Office procedures / J. Stephen Jones -- Radical cystectomy and orthotopic diversion in men and women / Eric A. Klein -- Laparoscopic radical cystectomy with intracorporeal urinary diversion / Jihad H. Kaouk and Inderbir S. Gill.
- Physiology and pharmacology of erectile dysfunction / Rafael Carrion ... [et al.] -- Epidemiology of erectile dysfunction / Jonathan D. Schiff and John P. Mulhall -- Pharmacology of phosphodiesterase inhibitors / Erwin Bischoff -- Sildenafil citrate, the classical PDE5 inhibitor: a five-year review of its efficacy and safety in the arena of erectile dysfunction / Harin Padma-Nathan -- Tadalafil: clinical trials experience / Culley C. Carson, III -- Vardenafil: clinical trials experience / Ajay Nehra -- Erectile dysfunction assessment and management in primary care practice / Louis Kuritzky and Martin Miner -- When to refer the patient with erectile dysfunction to a specialist / Ira D. Sharlip -- Erectile dysfunction: assessing risk and managing the cardiac patient / Thorsten Reffelmann and Robert A. Kloner -- Is diabetic erectile dysfunction more difficult to treat? / Pierre Theuma and Vivian A. Fonseca -- Depression and antidepressant-associated erectile dysfunction / Raymond C. Rosen -- Intracavernous, transurethral, and topical therapies for erectile dysfunction in the era of oral pharmacotherapy: salvaging first-line therapy, failures with combination therapies / Hans-Martin A. Fritsche, Mustafa F. Usta, and Wayne J.G. Hellstrom -- Androgen deficiency of the aging male: enhancing erectile response to oral pharmacotherapy / Alvaro Morales and Jeremy P.W. Heaton -- Central activation of erection and clinical experience / Jeremy P.W. Heaton, Alvaro Morales, and Michael A. Adams -- Sustaining the cure: oral pharmacotherapy failures salvage with vacuum devices and penile implants / Ronald W. Lewis -- Prevention and treatment of erectile dysfunction utilizing lifestyle changes and dietary supplements: what works and what is worthless? / Mark A. Moyad -- Pharmacological strategies in the management of rapid ejaculation / Chris G. McMahon -- Sexual dysfunction after radical prostatectomy and the use of PDE-5 inhibitors / Andrew McCullough -- Female sexual dysfunction: is there a magic pill? / Ridwan Shabsigh ... [et al.].
- Overactive bladder in clinical practice 2012, SpringerOveractive Bladder in Clinical Practice provides a timely and comprehensive update on the overactive bladder (OAB) syndrome. The symptoms of urgency, with or without urge incontinence, usually with frequency or nocturia, now defined as the overactive bladder syndrome, have become a hot topic in urology, gynecology and urogynecology. Epidemiological data show very high disease prevalence (19%), particularly when compared with other chronic conditions such as diabetes (2%) and asthma (7%). OAB symptoms impact severely on patient's quality of life, causing significant impairment of patient vitality and limiting their physical role, similar to diabetes. The OAB syndrome involves all age groups, both sexes and is frequently found in neurogenic patients. This book will cover all aspects of OAB epidemiology, economics, pathophysiology, conservative, pharmaceutical and surgical and is invaluable reading for residents and trainees in urology, gynecology and urogynecology.
- Paroxysmal nocturnal hemoglobinuria and the glycosylphosphatidylinositol-linked proteins 2000, ScienceDirect
- Pediatric and adolescent urologic imaging 2014, SpringerThis book provides a comprehensive reference for health care providers of children and adolescents with urologic conditions. The first section covers the principles of each radiologic modality as well as radiation safety and the history of uroradiology. The second section integrates the lessons of the first section into specific urologic conditions arranged anatomically and includes additional unique conditions.
- Pediatric endourology techniques. Second edition. [2nd ed.] 2014, SpringerPediatric Endourology Techniques, Second Edition enables surgeons to carry out commonly performed minimally invasive pediatric urological procedures. It not only encompasses the majority of commonly performed pediatric endourological procedures in a standardised format, but also newer techniques and procedures that have developed since publication of the first edition. Pediatric Endourology Techniques,Second Editionis a fully illustrated text with accompanying online video content through Springer Extras, which addresses these issues. It is a valuable tool for pediatric urologists as well as pediatric surgeons, general surgeons, adult urologists and those with an interest in minimally invasive surgery.
- Pediatric robotic urology 2009, Springer
- Pediatric urology a general urologist's guide 2011, SpringerOffice urology -- Pediatric urology facts and figures -- Radiographic imaging -- Urinary tract infections -- Voiding dysfunction, urinary incontinence, and urodynamics -- Hematuria: gross and microscopic -- Office procedures -- Genetic diseases and associated urologic manifestations -- Genitalia -- Penis and scrotum: congenital and acquired anomalies -- Hypospadias -- Varicoceles, hernias, and hydroceles -- Testicles: undescended, retractile, and ascended -- Acute scrotum -- Urinary tract -- Hydronephrosis: prenatal and postnatal -- Vesicoureteral reflux -- Urinary tract obstruction -- Tissue engineering and regenerative medicine: current concepts -- Miscellaeous topics -- Adolescent urology -- Laparoscopy in the pediatric population -- Genitourinary tumors -- Genitourinary trauma.
- Pediatric urology evidence for optimal patient management 2013, Springer
- Pediatric urology. 2nd ed. 2010, ClinicalKeyPediatric Urology is an up-to-date, clinical reference that provides detailed descriptions of the best approaches for the functional, biological, and morphological aspects of the urinary tract before and after birth. John G. Gearhart, Richard C. Rink, and Pierre D.E. Mouriquand cover all areas of the field, including pediatric surgery, radiology, nephrology, endocrinology, biochemistry, and obstetrics. Access the latest research through new chapters on tissue engineering, acute scrotum, and more. The appealing new full-color design, streamlined approach, and online access at expertconsult.com make this an invaluable resource to pediatric urologists, pediatric surgeons, residents and fellows worldwide. Provides detailed descriptions of the best approaches for the functional, biological, and morphological aspects of the urinary tract before and after birth.
- Pediatric uroradiology. 2nd rev. ed. 2008, Springer
- Pelvic floor disorders. Surgical approach 2014, Springer
- Pelvic floor dysfunction a multidisciplinary approach 2006, Springer
- Pelvic floor re-education principles and practice. 2nd ed. 2008, SpringerPart I. Function and Dysfunction of the Pelvic Floor and Viscera -- Functional Anatomy of the Pelvic Floor and Lower Urinary Tract / Daniele Perucchini and John O. L. DeLancey -- Neural Control of Pelvic Floor Muscles / David B. Vodušek -- The Effects of Pregnancy and Childbirth on the Pelvic Floor / Kaven Baessler and Bernhard Schüssler -- Muscle Function and Ageing / Brenda Russell and Linda Brubaker -- Urinary Incontinence and Voiding Dysfunction / Annette Kuhn and Bernhard Schüssler -- Pelvic Organ Prolapse / Peggy A. Norton -- Anal Incontinence, Constipation, and Obstructed Defecation / Abdul H. Sultan and A. Muti Abulaffi -- Overactive Pelvic Floor Muscles and Related Pain / Wendy F. Bower -- Part II. Evaluation of the Pelvic Floor -- Clinical Evaluation of the Pelvic Floor Muscles / Diane K. Newman and Jo Laycock -- Examination of Patients with Pelvic Organ Prolapse / Ursula M. Peschers -- Urodynamics / Ursula M. Peschers -- Applying Urodynamic Findings to Clinical Practice / Christopher K. Payne -- Anorectal Physiology / David Z. Lubowski and Michael L. Kennedy -- Ultrasound Imaging / Kaven Baessler and Heinz Kölbl -- Magnetic Resonance Imaging / Thomas Treumann, Ralf Tunn and Bernhard Schüssler -- Electrophysiology / Clare J. Fowler and David B. Vodušek -- Outcome Measures in Pelvic Floor Rehabilitation / Kate H. Moore and Emmanuel Karantanis -- Part III. Techniques of Pelvic Floor Rehabilitation and Muscle Training -- Concepts of Neuromuscular Rehabilitation and Pelvic Floor Muscle Training / Jo Laycock -- Exercise, Feedback, and Biofeedback / Pauline E. Chiarelli and Kate H. Moore -- Electrical Stimulation / Wendy F. Bower -- Extracorporeal Magnetic Stimulation / Alastair R. Morris and Kate H. Moore -- Devices / Ingrid Nygaard and Peggy A. Norton -- Alternative Methods to Pelvic Floor Muscle Awareness and Training / Kaven Baessler and Barbara E. Bell -- Part IV. Treatment: Condition-Specific Assessment and Approaches -- Behavioral Treatment / Kathryn L. Burgio -- Stress Urinary Incontinence / Jo Laycock -- Evidence for the Effectiveness of Pelvic Floor Muscle Training in the Treatment and Antenatal Prevention of Female Urinary Incontinence / E. Jean C. Hay-Smith and Kate H. Moore -- Postpartum Management of the Pelvic Floor / Pauline E. Chiarelli -- Role of a Perineal Clinic / Ranee Thakar -- Overactive Bladder / Kathryn L. Burgio, Dudley Robinson and Linda Cardozo -- Sexual Dysfunction and the Overactive Pelvic Floor / Wendy F. Bower -- Anal Incontinence and Evacuation Difficulties / Christine Norton -- Incontinence During Sports and Fitness Activities / Alain P. Bourcier -- Pelvic Organ Prolapse - Pessary Treatment / Jane A. Schulz and Elena Kwon -- Part V. What to Do if Physiotherapy Fails? -- Stress Urinary Incontinence: Choice of Surgery / Stuart L. Stanton -- Genital Prolapse: Surgery for Failed Conservative Treatment / Stuart L. Stanton -- The Anal Sphincter / Klaus E. Matzel, Manuel Besendörfer and Stefanie Kuschel.
- Penile cancer diagnosis and treatment 2013, SpringerPenile Cancer: Diagnosis and Management provides a comprehensive overview of penile cancer for medical and surgical urologists oncologists, and other healthcare professionals. This book highlights many of the significant advances made in this field, which include a discussion of penile-sparing surgical and radiotherapeutic approaches to select primary penile tumors typically of lower stage and grade as well as advances in our understanding of the epidemiology, risk factors, and pathophysiology of penile cancer. The book also addresses many of the novel diagnostic and therapeutic surgical appro
- Penn clinical manual of urology. Second edition. [2nd ed.] 2014, ClinicalKeyConcise and practical, the Penn Clinical Manual of Urology is an indispensable guide to the daily practice of urology. This one-volume medical reference book presents the key clinical information you need to diagnose and treat urologic disorders quickly and effectively, featuring brief, well-illustrated chapters and an easy-to-read format. Essential for clinical questions and answers, the Penn Clinical Manual of Urology deserves a place on the bookshelf of not only every urologist, but every provider treating urologic problems. Find information quickly and easily with a format that includes clearly presented algorithms, tables, and figures. Effectively review for the boards using the self-assessment questions at the end of each chapter.
- Peyronie's disease a guide to clinical management 2007, SpringerHistorical review of Peyronie's disease: de la Peyronie to Devine / Emre Akkus -- Epidemiology of Peyronie's disease / Ates Kadioglu and Oner Sanli -- Experimental models for the study of the cellular and molecular pathophysiology of Peyronie's disease / Nestor F. Gonzalez-Cadavid and Jacob Rajfer -- The clinical implications of basic science research in Peyronie's disease / John P. Mulhall -- Evaluation of the man with Peyronie's disease / Jason M. Greenfield and Laurence A. Levine -- Oral treatment of Peyronie's disease / Claudio Teloken, Tulio Graziottin, and Patrick E. Teloken -- Intralesional treatment of Peyronie's disease / Muammer Kendirci, Landon Trost, and Wayne J. G. Hellstrom -- Topical therapy: iontophoresis and electromotive drug administration / Savino M. Di Stasi ... [et al.] -- Topical therapy for Peyronie's disease: ultrasound, laser, gels/creams/solutions / Paul F. Engelhardt and Claus R. Riedl -- Combination nonsurgical therapy / Vincenzo Mirone -- Extracorporeal shockwave therapy in Peyronie's disease / Ekkehard W. Hauck and Wolfgang Weidner --The Nesbit and plication procedures for Peyronie's disease / David J. Ralph -- Penile plication using the 16-dot technique / Robert C. Dean and Tom F. Lue -- Penile straightening with tunica albuginea plication: TAP procedure / Laurence A. Levine -- Incisional corporoplasty for the correction of Peyronie's disease caused penile curvature / Daniel Yachia -- Peyronie's disease: surgical straightening with tunica plication and tunica transfer / Konstantinos Hatzimouratidis and Dimitrios G. Hatzichristou -- A review of plaque incision with focus on temporalis fascia grafts / Martin Gelbard -- Venous patch graft surgery for Peyronie's disease / Robert C. Dean and Tom F. Lue -- Use of porcine small intestinal submucosal graft in the surgical management of Peyronie's disease / L. Dean Knoll -- Penile straightening with plaque incision or partial excision and human pericardial grafting technique / Laurence A. Levine -- Surgical straightening with tunica incision and grafting technique: single relaxing incision based on geometrical principles / Paulo H. Egydio -- Minimally invasive intracorporal incision of Peyronie's plaque / Anthony J. Bella and Gerald B. Brock -- Surgical straightening with penile prosthesis / Steven K. Wilson and Culley C. Carson, III.
- Polymers for vascular and urogenital applications 2012, CRCnetBASE"In a carefully crafted, multidisciplinary, skillfully focused format, this book covers attributes of polymers used for vascular, urological, and gynecological materials. It provides a brief analysis of how the use of polymers in vascular and urogenital applications has evolved in the past five decades and outlines their common and specific functional requirements. It features small, readable monographs that provide a brief description of the evolving role of a particular material, and present topics in highly integrated, well-balanced, authoritatively prepared segments on materials processing and in vitro and in vivo evaluation, complete with case studies"--Provided by publisher.
- Practical Controversies in Medical Management of Stone Disease addresses areas of controversy regarding the evaluation and management of recurrent stone formers and provides the best available evidence to support or refute common drug and dietary recommendations. Aimed at dispelling common myths about preventative stone treatment, this book provides practical recommendations for the diagnostic evaluation and treatment of recurrent calcium stone formers, and addresses uric acid and cystine stone formers. Written by experts in stone disease, Practical Controversies in Medical Management of Stone Disease is a concise yet comprehensive resource that provides the best, current evidence supporting medical practices regarding kidney stone prevention. The book will be of value to anyone involved in the medical care of patients with kidney stones, including urologists, nephrologists, primary care physicians, and dieticians.
- Practical pelvic floor ultrasonography a multicompartmental approach to 2D/3D/4D ultrasonography of pelvic floor 2014, SpringerPractical Pelvic Floor Ultrasonography: A Multicompartmental Approach to 2D/3D/4D Ultrasonography of Pelvic Floor provides an introduction to pelvic floor imaging, as well as a resource to be used during initial and more advanced practice. The book helps readers gain competence in performing 2D/3D/4D transperineal, and 2D/3D endovaginal / endoanal ultrasound evaluation of the pelvic floor, including anal sphincter and levator ani complex. The text also shows interested clinicians how to obtain optimal images of pelvic floor muscles and organs, how to obtain useful images of the anal canal, levator ani complex, urethra, and how to interpret clinical implications of alterations of the anatomy. In addition, emerging techniques of dynamic pelvic floor ultrasound and 3D/4D ultrasound are introduced through step by step protocols that are aimed at optimizing sonographic images. Written entirely by experts in their fields, Practical Pelvic Floor Ultrasonography: A Multicompartmental Approach to 2D/3D/4D Ultrasonography of Pelvic Floor is a comprehensive resource that will be of great value to urogynecologists, colorectal surgeons, obstetrician and gynecologists, female urologists, ultrasonographers, radiologists, physiotherapists, as well as fellows in urogynecology and colorectal surgery.
- Practical urological ultrasound 2013, SpringerFeatures original research on the basic science of ultrasound and explores all aspects of the subject, beginning with the physical science of ultrasound and continuing through clinical applications in urology.
- Practical urology essential principles and practice 2011, SpringerEmbryology for Urologists -- Gross and Laparoscopic Anatomy of the Upper Urinary Tract and Retroperitoneum -- Gross and Laparoscopic Anatomy of the Lower Urinary Tract and Pelvis -- Anatomy of the Male Reproductive System -- Imaging of the Upper Tracts -- Principles of Bacterial Urinary Tract Infections and Antimicrobials -- An Overview of Renal Physiology -- Ureteral Physiology and Pharmacology -- Physiology and Pharmacology of the Bladder -- Pharmacology of Sexual Function -- Metabolic Evaluation and Medical Management of Stone Disease -- Molecular Biology for Urologists -- Chemotherapeutic Agents for Urologic Oncology -- Tumor and Transplant Immunology -- Pathophysiology of Renal Obstruction -- Pathophysiology of Lower Urinary Tract Obstruction -- Urologic Endocrinology -- Physiology and Pharmacology of the Prostate -- Wound Healing and Principles of Plastic Surgery -- Overview of the Evaluation of Lower Urinary Tract Dysfunction -- Urologic Instrumentation: Endoscopes and Lasers -- Prostatitis and Male Chronic Pelvic Pain Syndrome -- Disorders of Scrotal Contents: Orchitis, Epididymitis, Testicular Torsion, Torsion of the Appendages, and Fournier's Gangrene -- Nonbacterial Infections of the Genitourinary Tract -- Sexually Transmitted Infections -- Hematuria: Evaluation and Management -- Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia (BPH) -- Practical Guidelines for the Treatment of Erectile Dysfunction and Peyronie's Disease -- Premature Ejaculation -- The Role of Interventional Management for Urinary Tract Calculi -- Current Concepts of Anterior Urethral Pathology: Management and Future Directions -- Urinary Incontinence -- Neurogenic Bladder -- Pelvic Prolapse -- Urinary Tract Fistula -- Urologic Trauma -- Bladder Cancer -- Prostate Cancer -- The Management of Testis Cancer.
- Premature ejaculation (PE) is a common male sexual complaint, with a self-reported prevalence of 20-30% in observational studies. Over the past 10-20 years, our understanding of PE has evolved from the initial premise that it is a psychological disorder to the current recognition of an underlying biological and probably genetic predisposition in many cases. This new understanding has been accompanied by novel approaches to the assessment and treatment of patients with PE.Premature Ejaculation is the first truly contemporary reference volume on the subject. It covers a broad range of aspects relevant to PE, including past and current definitions of the condition, the etiology of PE, its epidemiology, the impact of PE on both the patient and his partner, and the treatment of PE using pharmacotherapy and/or psychotherapy/cognitive behavioral therapy. The book is well illustrated and referenced, and the primary focus throughout is on evidence-based medicine. This timely and authoritative volume will be of great value to sexual health physicians, andrologists, endocrinologists, urologists, psychiatrists, sexologists, psychologists, and other interested healthcare professionals.
- Primer of geriatric urology 2013, SpringerPrimer of Geriatric Urology provides a review of the demographics of our aging urologic population and their unique needs. Chapters review alterations that must be considered in the initial evaluation of the aging patient, and follow with practical suggestions for development of the management plan, whether by counseling, medication, invasive procedure or foregoing procedures. Complications, especially likely in the elderly, are also discussed. The volume also provides a review of the use of necessary adjunctive services such as home care or hospice in the context of Medicare in the USA. An important chapter provides hints on urology practice in a nursing home. The volume concludes with analysis of specific geriatric entities seen in urology practice. Primer of Geriatric Urology will be of great value to urologists, residents, fellows and allied health professionals including physician's assistants and nurse practitioners who treat urologic patients. Additionally, this book will also be of interest to primary care providers who treat elderly patients with urologic problems.
- Primer on prostate cancer 2014, Springer
- Problem based urology 2013, SpringerUrological problems are so common as to represent a significant burden for many primary care physicians and GPs in their everyday practice worldwide. A major concern is how far to go themselves in the diagnosis and treatment of a urological diseases and when to refer the patient for specialist care. Problem Based Urology provides an easy and user-friendly tool to assist in decision making in the treatment of the more common urological problems and the most appropriate timing for referral to specialist care. Within each chapter, one or more flow charts are included to help the reader to formulate the most likely diagnosis on the basis of findings from medical history, examination and investigations, and to start an appropriate first-line treatment or to refer the patient to the specialist where appropriate. This book will appeal to the primary care physician or general practitioner and is an invaluable reference for professionals dealing with common urological complaints.
- Prostate biopsy indications, techniques, and complications 2008, SpringerDefining the problem : from subclinical disease to clinically insignificant prostate cancer / Wael Sakr -- What every patient should know about prostate cancer before he submits to biopsy of his prostate / Thomas A. Stamey, Rosalie Nolley, and Dorothea Torti -- Prostate-specific antigen and prostate cancer screening / Stacy Loeb, Misop Han, and William J. Catalona -- The role of complexed prostate-specific antigen in prostate cancer screening / Matthew E. Nielsen and Alan W. Partin -- Newly recognized forms of prostate-specific antigen and emerging molecular markers / Eduardo I. Canto and Kevin M. Slawin -- The role of prostate-specific antigen velocity in the diagnosis and management of prostate cancer / H. Ballentine Carter -- Prostate cancer screening : navigating the controversy / Timothy C. Brand and Ian M. Thompson -- Prostate cancer nomograms and how they measure up to neural networks / Pierre I. Karakiewicz and Michael W. Kattan -- Preparation for prostate biopsy / Alan M. Nieder and Mark S. Soloway -- Principles of prostate ultrasound / Martha K. Terris -- Minimizing pain and optimizing patient experience during prostate biopsy / J. Stephen Jones -- Prostate biopsy techniques / Katsuto Shinohara -- Biopsy strategies-how many and where? / Joseph C. Presti, Jr. -- Transperineal prostate biopsy / Paolo Emiliozzi and Vito Pansadoro -- Repeat prostate biopsies and the Vienna nomograms / Bob Djavan and Sibylle Marihart -- Saturation biopsy for detection and characterization of prostate cancer / J. Stephen Jones -- Pathologic implications of prostate biopsy / Ming Zhou and Cristina Magi-Galluzzi -- Complications of transrectal ultrasound-guided prostate biopsy / Sam S. Chang and Michael S. Cookson -- Management and controversies of high-grade prostatic intraepithelial neoplasia and atypical small acinar proliferation on prostate biopsy / Alon Z. Weizer ... [et al.] -- Future directions in prostate cancer diagnosis / Nicholas J. Fitzsimons ... [et al.]
- Prostate biopsy interpretation an illustrated guide 2012, SpringerAnatomy and Normal Histology of the Prostate Pertinent to Biopsy Practice -- Prostate Needle Biopsy Sampling Techniques: Impact on Pathological Diagnosis -- Diagnosis of Limited Cancer in Prostate Biopsy -- Immunohistochemistry in Prostate Biopsy Evaluation -- Contemporary Approach to Gleason Grading of Prostate Cancer -- Histologic Variants of Prostate Carcinoma -- Benign Mimics of Prostate Carcinoma -- Atypical Cribriform Lesions of the Prostate Gland: Emerging Concepts of Intraductal Carcinoma of the Prostate (IDC-P) -- High-Grade Prostatic Intraepithelial Neoplasia -- Atypical Glands Suspicious for Cancer -- Spindle Cell Lesions of the Prostate Gland -- Treatment Effect in Benign and Malignant Prostate Tissue -- Molecular Biology of Prostate Cancer and Emerging Diagnostic and Prognostic Biomarkers -- Biopsy Specimen Handling, Processing, Quality Assurance Program -- Reporting of Prostate Biopsy.
- Prostate cancer 2007, Springer
- Prostate cancer biochemistry, molecular biology and genetics 2013, SpringerCell biology. Stem cells in the normal and malignant prostate / Norman J. Maitland -- Role of reactive stroma in prostate cancer / Rebeca San Martin, David R. Rowley -- The role of cholesterol in prostate cancer / Keith R. Solomon, Kristine Pelton, Michael R. Freeman -- Genetics. PTEN in prostate cancer / Marcus A. Ruscetti, Hong Wu -- ETS fusion genes in prostate cancer / J. Chad Brenner, Arul M. Chinnaiyan, Scott A. Tomlins -- Cell signaling. Signaling mechanisms of Vav3, a guanine nucleotide exchange factor and androgen receptor coactivator, in physiology and prostate cancer progression / Leah S. Lyons, Kerry L. Burnstein -- Transforming growth factor-beta in prostate cancer / David Danielpour -- The p38 MAPK pathway in prostate cancer / Daniel Djakiew -- NF-kappaB2/p52 in prostate cancer / Nagalakshmi Nadiminty, Ramakumar Tummala, Yezi Zhu -- The functional role of DAB2IP, a homeostatic factor, in prostate cancer / Eun-Jin Yun, Kaijie Wu, Yuh-Shyan Tsai -- Tyrosine kinases in prostate cancer / Yun Qiu, Dhanraj Deshmukh -- Human prostatic acid phosphatase in prostate carcinogenesis / Sakthivel Muniyan, Yu-Wei Chou, Shou-Qiang Ou-Yang -- Hormonal. Truncated androgen receptor splice variants in prostate cancer / Peter E. Lonergan, Donald J. Tindall -- Biology and clinical relevance of estrogen receptors in prostate cancer / Shuk-Mei Ho, Pheruza Tarapore, Ming-Tsung Lee, and Yuet-Kin Leung -- Vitamin D and prostate cancer / Jung-Sun Kim, Justin M. Roberts, Nancy L. Weigel -- HDAC6 regulation of androgen signaling in prostate cancer / Junkui Ai, Zhou Wang -- Beyond the cell cycle : implications of D-type cyclin deregulation in prostate cancer / Michael A. Augello, William F. Ostrander Jr., Karen E. Knudsen -- Cell death. Role of par-4 in prostate cancer / Nidhi Shukla, Nikhil K. Hebbar, Vivek M. Rangnekar -- Autophagy and prostate cancer therapeutics / Hsing-Jien Kung, Chun Changou, Hao G. Nguyen, Joy C. Yang, Christopher P. Evans, Richard J. Bold, and Frank Chuang.
- Xenograft models of human prostate cancer -- The pathology of human prostatic atrophy and inflammation -- Tissue microarrays in prostate cancer research -- Prostate (cancer) stem cells -- Cancer-host interactions: a paradigm shift brings new understanding and new opportunities -- Androgen receptor function in prostate cancer progression -- Hedgehog signaling in development and cancer -- Cholesterol, cell signaling, and prostate cancer -- Gene therapy for advanced prostate cancer -- Role of transforming growth factor-ss in immunotherapy of prostate cancer -- Biology and therapeutic basis of prostate cancer bone metastasis -- Molecular imaging: noninvasive strategies to visualize gene expression in living subjects -- Quantum dot nanotechnology for prostate cancer research -- Expression profiling of prostate cancer progression -- Somatic alterations in prostate cancer progression -- Linkage studies of prostate cancer families to identify susceptibility genes -- Somatic DNA methylation changes and prostatic carcinogenesis -- Telomeres, telomerase, chromosome stability, and prostate cancer -- Racial differences in prostate cancer mortality -- Radiotherapy for the treatment of locally advanced prostate cancer -- Recombinant antibody candidates for treatment of prostate cancer -- Differentiation agents and epigenomic therapies: an overview and potential use for prostate cancer -- Taxane-based chemotherapy for prostate cancer -- Co-targeting therapeutics for hormone refractory prostate cancer -- Intercellular targets of prostate cancer -- Novel and efficient translational clinical trial designs in advanced prostate cancer.
- Prostate cancer diagnosis PSA, biopsy and beyond 2013, SpringerBased on the highly successful first edition of Prostate Biopsy: Indications, Techniques, and Complications, this new volume presents new concepts that have emerged in answer to current questions from its audience. Many new perspectives and technologies are presented, many from the authors' internationally recognized work on the topic. Substantial developments in techniques and complications are explored in detail. The chapter authors comprise a complete spectrum of specialists in their respective subject areas. All authors are internationally accepted as the premier authorities on their chosen topics. Prostate Cancer Diagnosis: PSA, Biopsy, and Beyond presents new data on the controversial issue of PSA screening and thresholds as indication to perform biopsy. Office based transrectal saturation biopsy is covered in detail. Other topics explored include template guided biopsy and image-guided biopsy as well as a completely new paradigm for prevention of complications.Prostate Cancer Diagnosis: PSA, Biopsy, and Beyond will be of great value and utility to all practicing urologists.
- Prostate cancer prevention 2014, SpringerProstate cancer is by far the most common cancer in men and the second leading cause of death due to cancer. It comprises a mixed group of tumours displaying varying clinical behaviour: while some have a very aggressive course, others are rather indolent. Prevention of prostate cancer and discrimination between aggressive and indolent forms are important clinical goals, and the acquisition of significant new evidence on means of achieving these aims makes this book particularly timely. A wide range of topics are covered by leading authorities in the field. The biology and natural history of prostate cancer are reviewed, and the role of lifestyle and dietary factors, assessed. Detailed attention is paid to risk prediction biomarkers and to the role of novel high-throughput nucleic acid-based technologies in improving risk prediction and thereby allowing tailored approaches to cancer prevention. Potential means of chemoprevention of prostate cancer are also reviewed in depth, covering the very positive new data on the impact of aspirin as well as evidence regarding 5-reductase inhibitors, DFMO, and lycopene. Guidance is provided on the differentiation of aggressive from indolent disease, and the policy and research implications of recent findings are examined. This book will be of interest to both clinicians and researchers.
- Prostate cancer-- a comprehensive perspective 2013, SpringerProstate cancer is the commonest male cancer with over 5 million survivors in US alone. Worldwide, the problem is staggering and has attracted significant attention by media, scientists and cancer experts. Significant research, discoveries, innovations and advances in treatment of this cancer have produced voluminous literature which is difficult to synthesize and assimilate by the medical community. Prostate Cancer: A Comprehensive Perspective is a comprehensive and definitive source which neatly resolves this problem. It covers relevant literature by leading experts in basic science, molecular biology, epidemiology, cancer prevention, cellular imaging, staging, treatment, targeted therapeutics and innovative technologies. Prostate Cancer: A Comprehensive Perspective, is a valuable and timely resource for urologists and oncologists.
- Questions in daily urologic practice updates for urologists and diagnostic pathologists 2008, Springer
- Radical prostatectomy surgical perspectives 2014, SpringerRadical Prostatectomy: Surgical Perspectives provides surgeons with a comprehensive overview of the anatomical approach to radical prostatectomy, whether done through an open (retropubic) or robotic-assisted laparoscopic approach. All chapters are structured to provide a step-by-step approach to the most technically demanding and most common oncologic procedure in urology surgery. The book includes highly practical presentations of typical surgical patients seen in the clinical practice of urology and relies heavily on illustrations and intraoperative photographs to clearly complement the text. In addition, the book ?includes a detailed description of the management of uncommon but potentially serious intraoperative complications, including major vascular injury, ureteral transaction, and rectotomy. Written by authors from a variety of integrated disciplines, including anesthesia, cardiology, and nursing Radical Prostatectomy: Surgical Perspectives is a unique and valuable resource in the field of urology both for those currently in training and for those already in surgical practices.
- Radiology illustrated. Uroradiology. 2nd ed. 2012, SpringerUroradiology is an up-to-date, image-oriented reference in the style of a teaching file that has been designed specifically to be of value in clinical practice. All aspects of the imaging of urologic diseases are covered, and case studies illustrate the findings obtained with the relevant imaging modalities in both common and uncommon conditions. Most chapters focus on a particular clinical problem, but normal findings, congenital anomalies, and interventions are also discussed and illustrated.In this second edition, the range and quality of the illustrations have been enhanced, and many schematic drawings have been added to help readers memorize characteristic imaging findings through pattern recognition. The accompanying text is concise and informative. Besides serving as an outstanding aid to differential diagnosis, this book will provide a user-friendly review tool for certification or recertification in radiology.
- Renal cancer-- contemporary management 2013, SpringerEpidemiology, Screening, and Clinical Staging / Michael J. Lipsky, Christopher M. Deibert -- Molecular Biology and Genetics / Jeff Klomp, Karl Dykema, Bin Tean Teh, Kyle Furge -- Familial and Hereditary Syndromes / Brian Shuch, Peter Pinto -- Pathology of Renal Cell Carcinoma / Fang-Ming Deng, Jonathan Melamed, Ming Zhou -- Imaging of Renal Cancer / Jalil Afnan, Christoph Wald -- Molecular Imaging for Renal Cell Carcinoma / Jian Q. Yu, Yamin Dou -- History of Renal Surgery for Cancer / Kamal Nagpal, Karim Hamawy -- Natural History, Role of Biopsy, and Active Surveillance of Renal Masses / Anthony T. Corcoran, Marc C. Smaldone, Robert G. Uzzo -- Interventional Radiology and Angioinfarction: Transcatheter Embolization of Renal Tumors / Sebastian Flacke, Shams Iqbal -- Unified Approaches to Surgery and Systemic Therapy for Renal Cell Carcinoma / Patrick A. Kenney, Christopher G. Wood -- Rationale for Partial Nephrectomy / Nicholas Donin, William Huang -- Objectifying Complexity of Kidney Cancers: Relationships of Tumor Anatomy and Outcomes / Serge Ginzburg, Alexander Kutikov, Robert G. Uzzo -- Open Partial Nephrectomy / Patrick A. Kenney, Matthew F. Wszolek, John A. Libertino -- Minimally Invasive Partial Nephrectomy and Ablative Procedures for Small Renal Masses / Casey G. Kowalik, David Canes, Ali Moinzadeh -- Surgery for Renal Cell Carcinoma with Thrombus Extension into the Vena Cava / Chad Wotkowicz, John A. Libertino -- Role of Lymphadenectomy / Prof. Dr. Hein Van Poppel -- Postoperative Surveillance Protocols for Renal Cell Carcinoma / Megan M. Merrill., Jose A. Karam -- Role of Surgery in Locally Recurrent and Metastatic Renal Cancer / Paul Russo -- Outcomes: Prognostic Factors, Models, and Algorithms / Brandon K. Isariyawongse, Michael W. Kattan -- Adjuvant Systemic Therapy, Immunotherapy, and Targeted Treatment / Linda Cerbone, Cora N. Sternberg -- Role for Radiation Therapy in Renal Cancer / Andrea McKee, Arul Mahadevan, Timothy Walsh -- Surgical Management for Transitional Cell Carcinoma of the Upper Tract / Jason R. Gee -- Management of Non-clear Cell Renal Cell Carcinoma / Henry J. Conter, Jose A. Karam, Nizar M. Tannir.
- Renal cell carcinoma-- clinical management 2013, SpringerPart 1.Localized Disease --Etiology of Renal Cell Carcinoma: Incidence, Demographics, and Environmental Factors /Frédéric D. Birkhäuser, Nils Kroeger and Allan J. Pantuck --Pathology of Renal Cell Carcinoma /Ming Zhou and Huiying He --Familial Renal Cell Carcinoma /Simon P. Kim and Bradley C. Leibovich --Imaging of Renal Cell Carcinoma /Andrei S. Purysko, Erick M. Remer and Brian R. Herts --Prognostic Factors for Localized Renal Cell Carcinoma /Brian R. Lane --Part 2.Management of Localized RCC --Assessment of Oncologic Risk for Clinical Stage T1 Renal Tumors and the Emerging Role of Renal Mass Biopsy /Matthew N. Simmons and Steven C. Campbell --Radical Nephrectomy for Localized Renal Tumors: Optimum Oncological and Renal Functional Considerations /Paul Russo --Nephron-Sparing Surgery for Renal Cancer /Alon Z. Weizer, Jeffery S. Montgomery and Khaled S. Hafez --Thermal Ablation /Surena F. Matin and Kamran Ahrar --Active Surveillance of the Small Renal Mass /Marc C. Smaldone, Daniel Canter, Alexander Kutikov and Robert G. Uzzo --Part 3.Locally Advanced Disease --Locally Advanced Renal Cell Carcinoma /Stephen H. Culp and Christopher G. Wood --Neoadjuvant Targeted Therapy and Consolidative Surgery /Sean P. Stroup and Ithaar H. Derweesh --Part 4.Advanced Disease --Biology of Renal Cell Carcinoma (Vascular Endothelial Growth Factor, Mammalian Target of Rapamycin, Immune Aspects) /Alexandra Arreola and W. Kimryn Rathmell --Prognostic Factors in Advanced Renal Cell Carcinoma /Michael M. Vickers and Daniel Y. C. Heng --Integration of Surgery in Metastatic Renal Cancer /Tom Powles and Axel Bex --Immunotherapy for Renal Cell Carcinoma /Diwakar Davar, Moon Fenton and Leonard J. Appleman --Targeted Therapy: Vascular Endothelial Growth Factor /Linda Cerbone and Cora N. Sternberg --Mammalian Target of Rapamycin in Renal Cell Carcinoma /Eric Jonasch and Michel Choueiri --Palliative and Supportive Care for Renal Cancer /Armida Parala-Metz and Mellar Davis.
- Renal Neoplasms: An Integrative Approach to Cytopathologic Diagnosis provides a comprehensive review of cytology and all the morphologic correlates, including their respective limitations, related to a broad spectrum of renal neoplasms with special emphasis on cyto-histo correlation. The book also discusses related usual radiologic appearances, gross features and possible targeted therapies where appropriate. The volume features an integrated approach that provides step-by-step guidance in the morphologic evaluation of renal neoplasms. Furthermore, all chapters are written by experts who deal with this type of specimen in their daily practice and have insights into the pathology as well as the clinical aspects of these tumors. Illustrated with high quality color microphotographs and formatted for ease of use in the lab, Renal Neoplasms: An Integrative Approach to Cytopathologic Diagnosis is a helpful guide to everyday pathology practice, especially for pathologists who rarely encounter this type of specimen.
- Anatomical Aspects of the Extra- and Retroperitoneal Space / Ahmed E. Ghazi and Jean V. Joseph -- Essential Instruments in Laparoscopic and Robotic Surgery / Ty T. Higuchi and Matthew T. Gettman -- Upper Tract Retroperitoneal Access Techniques / Ahmed E. Ghazi and Jean V. Joseph -- Laparoscopic and Robotic Adrenalectomy / Edmund Y. Ko, Richard T. Schlinkert and Mitchell R. Humphreys -- Retroperitoneoscopic Simple and Radical Nephrectomy / Guillaume Ploussard, Andras Hoznek, Laurent Salomon, Claude C. Abbou and Alexandre de la Taille -- Laparoscopic and Robotic Partial Nephrectomy / Lori M. Dulabon and Michael D. Stifelman -- Retroperitoneal Robotic Partial Nephrectomy / James R. Porter -- Laparoscopic and Robotic Mid and Distal Ureteral Reconstructive Surgery / Alireza Moinzadeh -- Robot-Assisted Laparoscopic Nephroureterectomy / Sijo J. Parekattil, Hany N. Atalah and Li-Ming Su -- Laparoscopic Pelvic Lymphadenectomy in Prostate Cancer / Evangelos Liatsikos, Minh Do, Panagiotis Kallidonis, Iason Kyriazis and Alan McNeil, et al. -- Laparoscopic Simple Prostatectomy / Xavier Cathelineau, Rafael E. Sanchez-Salas, Eric Barret, Francois Rozet and Marc Galiano, et al. -- Extraperitoneal Laparoscopic Radical Prostatectomy / Sarah P. Psutka and Douglas M. Dahl -- Robot-Assisted Extraperitoneal Laparoscopic Prostatectomy / Thomas T. Hoang, Satya B. Allaparthi and Ingolf A. Tuerk -- Laparoendoscopic Single-Site Retroperitoneal Surgery / Michael A. White and Jihad H. Kaouk -- On the Horizon / Jean V. Joseph and Hitendra R. H. Patel.
- Laparoscopic and robotic instrumentation for urologic reconstructive surgery in adults -- Instrumentation during pediatric robotic anastomoses and reconstruction -- Instrumentation during pediatric laparoscopic robotic anastomoses and reconstruction -- Adult laparoscopic partial nephrectomy for renal cell carcinoma -- Adult robotic-assisted partial nephrectomy for renal cell carcinoma -- Pediatric laparoscopic and robotic upper pole nephrectomy for nonfunctioning moieties -- Adult laparoscopic and robotic-assisted pyeloplasty for ureteropelvic junction obstruction -- Pediatric laparoscopic (infant, pre-pubertal, and teenager) pyeloplasty for ureteropelvic junction obstruction -- Pediatric robotic (infant, pre-pubertal, and teenager) pyeloplasty for ureteropelvic junction obstruction -- Laparoscopic ureteroureterostomy and correction of ureteral defects -- Robotic ureteroureterostomy and correction of ureteral defects -- Robotic radical cystectomy and use of intestinal segments for reconstruction in the adult patient -- Laparoscopic bladder augmentation and creation of continent-catheterizable stomas in the pediatric patient -- Laparoscopic ureteral reimplant surgery to correct reflux disease -- Robotic ureteral reimplant surgery to correct reflux disease -- Laparoscopoic and robotic orchiopexy for the impalpable undescended testicle -- Laparoscopic anastomoses and bladder neck reconstruction following radical prostatectomy -- Robotic anastomoses and bladder neck reconstruction following radical prostatectomy -- The role of NOTES and LESS in minimally invasive reconstructive urological surgery -- Laparoscopy and robotics in stress urinary incontinence and pelvic reconstructive surgery.
- Part I: Robotic Technology and Instrumentation -- Robotic Technology and Ancillary Instruments in Renal Surgery -- Preoperative Preparation and Positioning for Robotic Renal Surgery -- Part II: Nephrectomy -- Robotic Simple and Radical Nephrectomy -- Robotic Donor Nephrectomy: Hand-Assisted Technique -- Robotic Nephrectomy for Complex Tumors -- Part III: Partial Nephrectomy -- Robotic Partial Nephrectomy: Basic Principles and Techniques -- Robot-Assisted Partial Nephrectomy: Complex Tumors and Evolving Techniques -- Near-Infrared Fluorescence Imaging in Robotic Partial Nephrectomy -- Part IV: Upper Urinary Tract Surgery -- Robotic Pyeloplasty -- Robotic Nephroureterectomy -- Robotic Ureteral Resection and Reconstruction for Urothelial Tumors and Benign Disease -- Part V: Pediatric Robotic Renal and Ureteral Surgery -- Upper Tract Obstruction -- Vesicoureteral Reflux and Ureteral Reimplantation -- Part VI: Advanced and Evolving Robotic Renal Techniques -- Retroperitoneal Robotic Kidney Surgery -- Single-Incision Robotic Renal and Ureteral Surgery.
- Robotic surgery of the bladder 2014, SpringerRobotic Surgery of the Bladder is a dedicated resource to understanding and mastering the concepts and practical aspects of robotic bladder surgery. The volume provides an introduction to urologists interested in initiating robotic radical cystectomy by providing them background, concepts, steps, and tools and tricks to introduce robotic radical cystectomy into their clinical practice, all in a safe, stepwise, and organized manner. For the more experienced robotic surgeon, the text serves as a resource for more advanced applications and techniques. The volume is also accompanied by many still images and a DVD of video clips. Written by experts in the field, Robotic Surgery of the Bladder is a comprehensive resource that maintains the time-tested oncologic principles of bladder cancer surgery, while introducing the advantages that exist with robotic-assisted approaches.
- Robotic urologic surgery. 2nd ed. 2012, SpringerPt. 1. Introduction to robotic surgery -- Pt. 2. Robotic surgery of the prostate -- Pt. 3. Kidney and adrenals -- Pt. 4. Bladder cancer -- Pt. 5. Pediatric urology -- Pt. 6. Robotic microsurgery -- Pt. 7. Allied health -- Pt. 8. Executive.
- Robotic urology. 2nd ed. 2013, SpringerPart I: Kidneys -- Surgical Anatomy of Kidneys and Adrenals -- Robotic Kidney Surgery -- Partial Resection of the Kidney for Renal Cancer -- Robotic Nephroureterectomy -- Robotic Pyeloplasty -- Part II: Adrenals -- Robotic Adrenal Surgery -- Part III: Pelvis -- Surgical Anatomy of Pelvic Lymph Nodes -- Robotic-Assisted Pelvic Lymph Node Dissection -- Pelvic Lymphadenectomy for Localised Prostate Cancer and Robot-Assisted Radical Prostatectomy -- Part IV: Bladder -- Surgical Anatomy of the Bladder -- Robotic-Assisted Radical Cystectomy for Bladder Cancer in the Female -- Male Robot-Assisted Radical Cystectomy -- Robotic-Assisted Intracorporeal Urinary Diversion -- Technique of Extracorporeal Urinary Diversion -- Robot-Assisted Laparoscopic Ureteral Reimplantation -- Part V: Prostate -- Surgical Anatomy of the Prostate for Radical Prostatectomy -- Anatomical Aspects of the Neurovascular Bundle in Prostate Surgery -- Part VI: Benign Disease -- Robotic Adenomectomy -- Part VII: Radical Prostatectomy -- Trans- and Extraperitoneal Approach for Robotic-Assisted Radical Prostatectomy -- Radical Prostatectomy: Anterior Approach -- Robotic Prostatectomy: The Posterior Approach -- Bladder Neck Dissection During Robotic-Assisted Laparoscopic Radical Prostatectomy -- Techniques of Nerve Sparing in Robot-Assisted Radical Prostatectomy -- Antegrade Robot-Assisted Radical Prostatectomy: Factors Impacting Potency Preservation -- Allogenic Nerve Interposition During Non-Nerve-Sparing Robot-Assisted Radical Prostatectomy -- The Apical Dissection -- Posterior Reconstruction of the Rhabdosphincter -- The Urethrovesical Anastomosis -- Robotic-Assisted Laparoscopic Radical Salvage Prostatectomy -- Outcome Measures After Robot-Assisted Radical Prostatectomy -- Urinary Incontinence After Robotic-Assisted Laparoscopic Radical Prostatectomy -- Part VIII: Reconstructive Urology -- Paediatric Pelvic Exenteration -- Robot-Assisted Laparoscopy for Genital Organ Prolapse -- Robot-Assisted Laparoscopic Repair of Supratrigonal Vesicovaginal Fistulae with Peritoneal Flap Inlay -- Robotic Surgical Training: Imparting Necessary Skills to Future Urologic Surgeons.
- Robotics in genito-urinary surgery 2011, SpringerThe History of Robotic Surgery -- Robotic Instrumentation and Operating Room Setup -- Port Placement in Robotic Urologic Surgery -- Achieving Efficiency in the Operating Room: Step by Step -- Laparoscopy vs. Robotics: Ergonomics -- Does It Matter? -- Anesthetic Considerations for Robotic Urologic Surgery -- The Development of a Robotic Urology Program in the UK -- Robotic Urologic Surgery: How to Make an Effective Robotic Program -- Witnessing the Transition of Open to Robotic Surgery -- Patient-Side Surgeons: The Unsung Heroes of Robotic Surgery -- Training in Robotic Urologic Surgery -- Animal Laboratory Training: Current Status and How Essential Is It? -- Training of Operating Room Technician and Nurses in Robotic Surgery -- Impact of Virtual Reality Simulators in Training of Robotic Surgery -- Training, Credentialing, and Hospital Privileging for Robotic Urological Surgery -- Research in Urologic Oncology in an Era of Minimally Invasive Surgery -- Databases and Data Management for Robotic Surgery -- The Role of Scientific Journals in Disseminating New Technology -- Predicting Robotic Utilization in Urologic Disease: An Epidemiology-Based Model -- Development of the Vattikuti Institute Prostatectomy: Historical Perspective and Technical Nuances -- Transferring Knowledge of Anatomical Dissection from the Laboratory to the Patient: An Australian Perspective -- Robot-Assisted Radical Prostatectomy: A Prostate Surgeon's Perspective -- Cautery-Free Technique of Robot-Assisted Radical Prostatectomy: Impact on Nerve Preservation and Long-Term Outcome on Recovery of Sexual Function -- Current Concepts in Cavernosal Neural Anatomy and Imaging and Their Implications for Nerve-Sparing Radical Prostatectomy -- Robot-Assisted Radical Prostatectomy for Large Glands and Median Lobe -- Extraperitoneal Robot-Assisted Radical Prostatectomy: Simulating the Gold Standard -- The Retrograde Extraperitoneal Approach: Robotic Retrograde Extraperitoneal Laparoscopic Prostatectomy (RRELP). Technical Modifications for Robotic Prostatectomy -- Robotic Radical Prostatectomy: Cancer Control and Implications of Margin Positivity -- Techniques to Improve Urinary Continence Following Robot-Assisted Radical Prostatectomy -- Penile Rehabilitation After Robotic Radical Prostatectomy: The Best Strategy -- Laparoscopy or Robotic Radical Prostatectomy: Pros and Cons -- Complications of Robotic Prostatectomy -- Robotic Urologic Surgery: Robotic-Assisted Adrenalectomy -- Robot-Assisted Laparoscopic Radical Nephrectomy and Nephroureterectomy -- Robot-Assisted Partial Nephrectomy -- Robotic Urologic Surgery: Robot-Assisted Partial Nephrectomy -- Robotic Donor Nephrectomy: Technique and Outcomes -- An European Perspective -- Robot-Assisted Laparoscopic Pyeloplasty -- Robotic Surgery for Urolithiasis -- Ureteral Reconstruction Utilizing Robotic-Assisted Techniques -- Robotic or Laparoscopic Renal Surgery: Pros and Cons -- Robot-Assisted Radical Cystectomy in Male: Technique of Spaces -- Robotic-Assisted Laparoscopic Anterior Pelvic Exenteration for Bladder Cancer in the Female -- Robotic-Assisted Laparoscopic Extended Pelvic Lymph Node Dissection for Bladder Cancer -- Robot-Assisted Intracorporeal Ileal Conduit -- Robotic Urinary Diversion: Technique, Current Status, and Outcomes -- Robotic Bladder Surgery Complications: Prevention and Management -- Robotic Surgery for Ureteral Anomalies in Children -- Robotic Surgery of the Kidney in Children -- Robotic Bladder Surgery in Children -- Robotic Surgery in Urogynecology -- Robotic Repair of Vesico-vaginal Fistula -- Robotic Surgery in Male Infertility (Robotic-Assisted Microsurgery) -- Treater to Target: Experiences of a Prostate Cancer Participant -- My Prostate Cancer -- Telementoring and Telesurgery in Urology -- Robotic Systems: Past, Present, and Future.
- Robotics in urologic surgery 2008, ClinicalKeyThis new reference is the first of its kind devoted to the exploding area of robotic-assisted urologic surgery. It covers setting up robotics and instrumentation, as well as adapting laparoscopic equipment to this exciting new technology. It also guides you through a full range of robotic procedures including prostatectomy, which is experiencing significant success and patient satisfaction by using robotic technology, as well as nephrectomy, adrenalectomy, vasovasostomy, and pediatric procedures. Full color illustrations help familiarize you with the latest surgical techniques and instrumentation. Cuts patient recovery time in half with coverage of robotic assisted prostatectomy. Covers all urologic procedures that are adaptable to robotic technology with chapters on cystectomy, nephrectomy, prostatectomy, vasovasostomy, and adrenalectomy. Offers full color images of procedures to enhance surgical concepts.
- Schrier's Diseases of the kidney. 9th ed. / 2013, Ovid"The recent advances in many aspects of kidney diseases have mandated a new edition of Schrier's Diseases of the Kidney. As in previous editions, a group of international experts was assembled to present this information in a comprehensive, authoritative, concise, and readily accessible fashion. The chapters have been extensively revised and updated"--Provided by publisher.
- Scrotal pathology 2012, Springer
- Smith & Tanagho's General urology 2013 (18th ed.), AccessSurgery
- Sperm chromatin biological and clinical applications in male infertility and assisted reproduction 2011, SpringerSperm DNA damage is common and has been associated with reduced rates of conception, impaired embryonic development and increased risk of miscarriage. Although the exact causes of sperm DNA damage are unknown, it is clear that infertile men possess substantially higher levels of sperm DNA damage than do fertile men. Written by leading, internationally renowned clinicians and basic scientists with expertise in sperm DNA, Sperm Chromatin: Biological and Clinical Applications in Male Infertility and Assisted Reproduction provides readers with a thoughtful and comprehensive review of the biological and clinical significance of sperm DNA damage.
- No evidence for killer sperm or other selective interactions between human spermatozoa in ejaculates of different males in vitro (1999) / Harry D.M. Moore, M. Martin & Tim R. Burkhead -- Psychological adaptation to human sperm competition (2002) / Todd K. Shackelford ... [et al.] -- Semen displacement as a sperm competition strategy in humans (2004) / Gordon G. Gallup & Rebecca L. Burch -- Human female orgasm and male fluctuating asymmetry (1995) / Randy Thornhill, Steve W. Gangestad & Randall Comer.Sperm competition in humans / Nicholas Pound, Todd K. Shackelford, Aaron T. Goetz -- Why are there so many tiny sperm? Sperm competition and the maintenance of two sexes (1982) / Geoffrey A. Parker -- Sperm competition, male prudence, and sperm-limited females (2002) / Nina Wedell, Matthew J.G. Gage & Geoffrey A. Parker -- Human sperm competition (1984) / Robert L. Smith -- "Kamikaze" sperm in mammals? (1988) / R. Robin Baker & Mark A. Bellis -- Deformed sperm are probably not adaptive (1989) / Alexander H. Harcourt -- Elaboration of the kamikaze sperm hypothesis: a reply to Harcourt (1989) / R. Robin Baker & Mark A. Bellis -- Number of sperm in human ejaculates varies in accordance with sperm competition theory (1989) / R. Robin Baker & Mark A. Bellis -- Do females promote sperm competition? Data for humans (1990) / Mark A. Bellis & R. Robin Baker -- Human sperm competition: ejaculate adjustment by males and the function of masturbation (1993) / R. Robin Baker & Mark A. Bellis -- Human sperm competition: ejaculate manipulation by females and a function for the female orgasm (1993) / R. Robin Baker & Mark A. Bellis --
- Stem cells and prostate cancer 2013, Springer
- PNL is the gold standard for the management of large and/or otherwise complex renal stones. Since its introduction in the seventies PNL has undergone considerable evolution, mainly driven by the improvement in access techniques, endoscopic instrument technology, lithotripsy devices and drainage management. The conventional prone position for PNL has been challenged in the last two decades by a variety of modifications, including the supine and Galdakao-modified supine Valdivia positions, which make simultaneous retrograde working access to the collecting system possible and have proven anesthesiological advantages. The Galdakao-modified supine Valdivia position allowed the development of ECIRS (Endoscopic Combined IntraRenal Surgery), a technique exploiting a combined antegrade and retrograde approach to the upper urinary tract, using both rigid and flexible endoscopes with the related accessories. The synergistic teamwork of ECIRS provides a safe and efficient, minimally-invasive procedure for the treatment of all kinds of urolithiasis. The aim of this book is to share with the urologic community worldwide our experience, our standardization of all the steps, and tips and tricks for the procedure.
- Surgery for urinary incontinence 2013, ClinicalKeyEtiology and epidemiology of urinary incontinence /W. Stuart Reynolds --Preoperative evaluation of patients with urinary incontinence and selection of appropriate surgical procedures for stress incontinence /W. Stuart Reynolds Mickey Karram --Surgical anatomy of the anterior vaginal wall, retropubic space, and inner groin /Mickey Karram --Retropubic operations for stress urinary incontinence /Mark D. Walters --Biologic bladder neck pubovaginal slings /Mickey Karram, Dani Zoorob, and W. Stuart Reynolds --Retropubic synthetic midurethral slings /Mickey Karram, Dani Zoorob, and W. Stuart Reynolds --Transobturator synthetic midurethral slings /Dani Zoorob and Mickey Karram --Single incision minislings /Mickey Karram, W. Stuart Reynolds, and Dani Zoorob --Surgical management of voiding dysfunction and retention after stress incontinence surgery /Mickey Karram --Bulk enhancing agents for stress incontinence : indications and techniques /Roger Dmochowski --Sacral neuromodulation /W. Stuart Reynolds and Roger Dmochowski --Botulinum toxin injection therapy /W. Stuart Reynolds and Roger Dmochowski --Bladder augmentation /W. Stuart Reynolds and Roger Dmochowski --Mixed and recurrent incontinence, incontinence in patients with pelvic organ prolapse, and how best to avoid and manage complications; case discussions /Mickey Karram, W. Stuart Reynolds, and Roger Dmochowski.
- Surgical management of pelvic organ prolapse. 1st ed. 2013, ClinicalKeyEpidemiology, risk factors, and social impact of pelvic organ prolapse / Corina Schmid and Christopher F. Maher -- Surgical anatomy of the pelvis and the anatomy of pelvic support / Mickey Karram -- Preoperative evaluation and staging of patients with pelvic organ prolapse / Mickey Karram -- Indications and techniques for vaginal hysterectomy and vaginal trachelectomy in patients with pelvic organ prolapse / Mickey Karram -- Surgical procedures to suspend a prolapsed uterus / Christopher F. Maher and Mickey Karram -- Robot-assisted laparoscopic colpo- and cervicosacropexy with the da Vinci Surgical System / Catherine A. Matthews -- Surgical management of apical vaginal prolapse / Christopher Maher and Mickey Karram -- Surgical management of anterior vaginal wall prolapse / Christopher F. Maher and Mickey Karram -- Surgical correction of posterior pelvic floor defects / Mickey Karram -- Obliterative procedures for pelvic organ prolapse / Janelle Evans and Mickey Karram -- Surgery for pelvic organ prolapse : avoiding and managing complications / Mickey Karram and Christopher F. Maher.
- Textbook of penile cancer 2012, Springer
- Therapeutic management of incontinence and pelvic pain pelvic organ disorders. 2nd ed. 2008, Springer
- Therapy in nephrology & hypertension a companion to Brenner & Rector's The Kidney. 3rd ed. 2008, ClinicalKey
- Tips and tricks in laparoscopic urology 2007, Springer
- Top tips in urology. 2nd ed. 2013, WileyExpert urologists give their personal insight into the best methods of overcoming a variety of scenarios that occur during urologic surgery, randing from how to best salvage specific difficult intra-operative problems, to simplifying complex procedures, or tips advising on how best to clarify diagnosis.
- Ureteroscopy indications, instrumentation & technique 2013, SpringerUreteroscopy: Indications, Instrumentation & Technique provides a comprehensive and state-of-the-art review of ureteroscopy and will serve as a valuable resource for urologists throughout the world. The volume provides evidence based outcomes to support the expanding indications for ureteroscopy as well as a strong emphasis on appropriate patient selection. The book also provides detailed recommendations for the step-by-step approach to ureteroscopy from both an instrumentation and techniques perspective. The work is extensively illustrated with endoscopic images and includes a DVD of video clips which further highlight the clinical application of available endoscopic techniques. The text also includes highly practical presentations of complex endourologic case presentations with expert analysis and editorial commentary. Example cases would include common but challenging cases of ureteroscopy for transitional cell cancer, horseshoe kidneys, hutch diverticulum, and pregnancy. Ureteroscopy: Indications, Instrumentation & Technique provides a unique and valuable resource in the field of ureteroscopy and will include basic instructions for those currently in training or those who have yet to adapt intrarenal ureteroscopy into their surgical armamentarium. Advanced ureteroscopic approaches are also covered for those wishing to enrich their current clinical expertise.
- Urethral reconstructive surgery 2006, Springer1. Introduction / F. Schreiter, G.H. Jordan -- 2. Historical highlights in the development of urethral surgery / K. Bandhauer -- 3. Anatomy and blood supply of the urethra and penis / J.K.M. Quartey -- 4. Fundamentals and principles of tissue transfer / G.H. Jordan, K. Rourke -- 5. Tissue engineering: the future of urethral reconstructive surgery? / K.D. Sievert -- 6. Hypospadia repair: the past and the present - also the future? / R. Hohenfellner -- 7. Urethral reconstruction in women / E.J. McGuire -- 8. A Current overview of the treatment of urethral strictures: etiology, epidemiology, pathophysiology, classification, and principles of repair / S.M. Schlossberg -- 9. The Acute posterior urethral injury / J. Latini, J.T. Stoffel, L. Zinman --10. The endoscopic treatment of post-traumatic membranous urethral strictures / V. Pansadoro, P. Emiliozzi -- 11. Endoscopic realignment of post-traumatic membranous urethral disruption / V. Pansadoro, P. Emiliozzi -- 12. The Role of bouginage, visual urethrotomy, and stents today / H. Sperling, M. Goepel, H. Rübben -- 13. Alternative endourological techniques in the treatment of urethral strictures: review of the current literature / E. Geist, R. Hartung -- 14. Reconstruction of the bulbar and membranous urethra / F. Schreiter, B. Schönberger, R Olianas -- 15. The Sagittal posterior (transcoccygeal transrectal transsphincteric) approach for reconstruction of the posterior urethra / D. Streit -- 16. The Use of flaps in urethral reconstructive surgery / G.H. Jordan, K.F. Rourke -- 17. Reconstruction of the fossa navicularis / G.H. Jordan, K.F. Rourke -- 18. Penile circular fasciocutaneous flaps for complex anterior urethral strictures / K.J. Carney, J.W. McAninch -- 19. Selective use of the perineal artery fasciocutaneous flap (Singapore) in urethral reconstruction / L. Zinman -- 20. Anterior urethral stricture repair and reconstruction in hypospadias cripples / F. Schreiter, B. Schönberger --21. The Use of free grafts for urethroplasty / D.E. Andrich, A.R. Mundy -- 22. Repair of bulbar urethra using the Barbagli technique / G. Barbagli, M. Lazzeri -- 23. Indications and limitations of buccal mucosa reconstructive urethral surgery in hypospadias repair / M. Fisch -- 24. Indications and limits for the use of boccal mucosa for urethral reconstruction / D. Kröpfl, A. Verweyen -- 25. Two-stage mesh-graft urethroplasty / F. Schreiter.
- Urinary and fecal incontinence an interdisciplinary approach 2005, Springer
- Urinary tract 2011, SpringerThe basic anatomy and physiology of the urinary tract, the validity of animal models and other methodological considerations as well as a range of potential therapeutic targets are comprehensively reviewed by leading international experts, making this a unique reference source for basic scientists and research-minded clinicians alike.
- The causative organisms of Urinary Tract Infection are dynamic in terms of their virulence and resistance patterns, leading to challenges in the prevention and treatment of urinary infection. This is of relevance in both primary and secondary care, and many of the challenges are similar in both developed and developing countries alike. UTI is also associated with considerable cost in terms of morbidity, economic and research expenditure. Written by an exceptional and well-known team of clinical experts, the purpose of Urinary Tract Infections addresses key questions facing physicians about this condition. This book is written primarily for general physicians who wish to have a broad understanding of a number of important issues concerning infection in parts of the urinary tract. Specialists may also find the book useful as a quick reference guide.
- Urinary tract stone disease 2011, SpringerThis book constitutes more than a quarter of urologists, workload in the Western countries and is more than half in the Middle-East and Central Asian countries. The surgical management of stone disease has changed considerably in the last five years and our understanding of mechanism of stone disease has improved with some old concepts discarded and newer theories gaining ground. Covering the entire spectrum of urinary stone disease and with contributions of more than fifty internationally recognised experts, this exhaustive and complex reference work will be invaluable to all urologists, nephrologists and non-medical scientists.
- Providing a true integration of pathology with clinical management, this volume presents a practical, comprehensive text on benign and malignant disease of the adult bladder. Integrating pathology, surgical management, oncology and molecular study in a site-specific manner to include the urethra, urinary bladder, ureter and renal pelvis, The Urinary Tract: A Comprehensive Guide to Patient Diagnosis and Management is the first text in adult bladder disease to closely interweave multiple clinical disciplines into each chapter. For the majority of chapters, a pathologist and urologist or urologic oncologist are paired to provide the greatest integration of information for each disease process.
- Urodynamics. 3rd ed. 2006, Springer
- Historical milestones in female pelvic surgery, gynecology, and female urology -- Anatomy of the lower urinary tract, pelvic floor, and rectum -- Embryology and congenital anomalies of the urinary tract, rectum, and female genital system -- Neurophysiology and pharmacology of the lower urinary tract -- Physiology of the pelvic muscles, vagina, and anorectum -- Female sexual function and dysfunction : assessment and treatment -- Epidemiology and psychosocial impact of female pelvic floor disorders -- Description and classification of lower urinary tract dysfunction and pelvic organ prolapse -- Evaluation of urinary incontinence and pelvic organ prolapse : history, physical examination, and office tests -- Urodynamics : indications, techniques, interpretation, and clinical utility -- Video and ambulatory urodynamics -- Endoscopic evaluation of the lower urinary tract -- Radiologic studies of the lower urinary tract and pelvic floor -- Neurophysiologic testing for pelvic floor disorders -- Pathophysiology of urinary incontinence -- Obstetrics and pelvic floor disorders -- Stress urinary incontinence and pelvic organ prolapse : nonsurgical management -- Retropubic operations for stress urinary incontinence -- Biologic bladder neck sling for stress urinary incontinence -- Synthetic midurethral slings for stress urinary incontinence -- Laparoscopic and robotic surgery for pelvic organ prolapse and stress urinary incontinence -- Urethral injection of bulking agents for intrinsic sphincter deficiency -- Surgical treatment of anterior vaginal wall prolapse -- Surgical treatment of rectocele and perineal defects -- Surgical treatment of vaginal apex prolapse -- Uterine conservation for the surgical treatment of uterovaginal prolapse -- Obliterative procedures for pelvic organ prolapse -- The use of biologic tissue and synthetic mesh in urogynecology and reconstructive pelvic surgery -- Avoiding and managing lower urinary tract injuries during pelvic surgery -- Managing mesh and other complications after surgeries for urinary incontinence and pelvic organ prolapse -- Fecal incontinence -- Constipation -- Rectovaginal fistula and perineal breakdown -- Rectal prolapse -- Overactive bladder syndrome and nocturia -- Hypersensitivity disorders of the lower urinary tract -- Surgical management of detrusor compliance abnormalities -- Voiding dysfunction and urinary retention -- Lower urinary tract infection -- Urethral diverticula -- Lower urinary tract fistulas -- The effects of gynecologic cancer on lower urinary tract function -- Bladder drainage and urinary protective methods -- Outcomes and quality-of-life measures in pelvic floor research -- The standardization of terminology of lower urinary tract function recommended by the international continence society -- The standardization of terminology of lower urinary tract function: report from the standardization subcommittee of the international continence society -- Standardization reports of the international continence society (ICS) -- Classification system of vaginal prostheses and graft complications recommended by the International Urogynecological Association (IUGA) and International Continence Society (ICS) -- Sample questionnaires for several recommended outcome measures for women with pelvic floor disorders.
101 to 200 of 218 titles
View by page
- Active surveillance for localized prostate cancer a new paradigm for clinical management — Male infertility a complete guide to lifestyle and environmental factors (100)
- Male LUTS/BPH made easy — Urogynecology and reconstructive pelvic surgery. Fourth edition. [4th ed.] (100)
- Urogynecology evidence-based clinical practice. 2nd ed. — Vaginal surgery for the urologist. 1st ed. (18)
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- AAP Red Book Online
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Sabiston Textbook of Surgery
- Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics
- Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics
- Mandell, Douglas, & Bennett's Principles & Practice of Infectious Diseases
- Red Book Online
- ICU Book
- Primary Care Medicine
- Campbell-Walsh Urology
Access restricted to Stanford unless otherwise noted.
Shortcut to Licensed Content
TO INSTALL, DRAG THIS BUTTON to your browser Bookmarks or Tools Bar.
Bookmark on Other Websites
- TO INSTALL, RIGHT CLICK this button.
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
- Once installed it will look like this
- Click "Bookmark on Lane" to bookmark any webpage
- Your saved bookmark will appear on this page
TO INSTALL, RIGHT CLICK this button.
- Springer Protocols
- Lange Series
- National Academy Press
- NCBI Bookshelf
- Thieme Atlases
Largest, broadest eBook package; covers all sciences, as well as technology (including software), medicine, and humanities. In addition to covering Wiley and Springer, MyiLibrary is also the only provider for Oxford and Cambridge University Press titles. No seat restrictions.Largest, broadest eBook package; covers all sciences, as well as technology (including software), medicine, and humanities. In addition to covering Wiley and Springer, MyiLibrary is also the only provider for Oxford and Cambridge University Press titles. No seat restrictions.Large number of high quality software and database programming titles from O'Reilly. Other software titles are also available from Sams and Prentice Hall. Limited to 7 concurrent users.Vast collection of software and database programming titles from multiple publishers, including Microsoft Press.Largest provider of engineering-related eBooks; includes titles in computer science and biomedical engineering.Over 4,000 full-text e-books covering scientific and technical information from CRC Press and others. Many handbooks and single volume reference sources.A repository of medical knowledge from internal medicine, cardiology, genetics, pharmacy, diagnosis and management, basic sciences, patient care, and more. Continuously expanding, all databases in the repository contain the latest editions of selected medical titles.Includes peer-reviewed life science and biomedical research protocols compiled from Methods in Molecular Biology, Methods in Molecular Medicine, Methods in Biotechnology, Methods in Pharmacology and Toxicology, Neuromethods, the Biomethods Handbook, the Proteomics Handbook, and Springer Laboratory Manuals.Contains full text access to selected biomedical and nursing books.Provides one-click access to important clinical resources; includes evidence-based diagnosis and treatment guidelines, Books, EBM articles, Ovid MEDLINE, Drug facts and comparisons, Drug interaction facts, guidelines from National Guideline Clearinghouse, patient handouts (English and Spanish), and local content.ClinicalKey provides access to textbooks, electronic journals, practice guidelines, drug information, and patient education handouts.A collection of biomedical books that can be searched directly by concept, and linked to terms in PubMed abstracts.Provides online, full-text access to Springer's journal titles as well as journals from other publishers. Subjects include: life sciences, chemical sciences, environmental sciences, geosciences, computer science, mathematics, medicine, physics and astronomy, engineering and economics. Also includes eBooks.Collection of over 8 thousand fulltext titles in engineering, math, and basic and applied biomedical research. Coverage is from 1967 to the present.A library of ebooks on a wide array of topics, digitized and made available online in conjunction with the original publishers.