Books by Subject
- Active surveillance for localized pro...
- — Pelvic floor re-education. 2nd ed. .....
- Penile cancer ..........................
- — Urology. 4th ed. .......................
- Penile cancer 2013, SpringerPenile Cancer: Diagnosis and Management provides a comprehensive overview of penile cancer for medical and surgical urologists oncologists, and other healthcare professionals. This book highlights many of the significant advances made in this field, which include a discussion of penile-sparing surgical and radiotherapeutic approaches to select primary penile tumors typically of lower stage and grade as well as advances in our understanding of the epidemiology, risk factors, and pathophysiology of penile cancer. The book also addresses many of the novel diagnostic and therapeutic surgical appro
- Peyronie's disease 2007, SpringerHistorical review of Peyronie's disease: de la Peyronie to Devine / Emre Akkus -- Epidemiology of Peyronie's disease / Ates Kadioglu and Oner Sanli -- Experimental models for the study of the cellular and molecular pathophysiology of Peyronie's disease / Nestor F. Gonzalez-Cadavid and Jacob Rajfer -- The clinical implications of basic science research in Peyronie's disease / John P. Mulhall -- Evaluation of the man with Peyronie's disease / Jason M. Greenfield and Laurence A. Levine -- Oral treatment of Peyronie's disease / Claudio Teloken, Tulio Graziottin, and Patrick E. Teloken -- Intralesional treatment of Peyronie's disease / Muammer Kendirci, Landon Trost, and Wayne J. G. Hellstrom -- Topical therapy: iontophoresis and electromotive drug administration / Savino M. Di Stasi ... [et al.] -- Topical therapy for Peyronie's disease: ultrasound, laser, gels/creams/solutions / Paul F. Engelhardt and Claus R. Riedl -- Combination nonsurgical therapy / Vincenzo Mirone -- Extracorporeal shockwave therapy in Peyronie's disease / Ekkehard W. Hauck and Wolfgang Weidner --The Nesbit and plication procedures for Peyronie's disease / David J. Ralph -- Penile plication using the 16-dot technique / Robert C. Dean and Tom F. Lue -- Penile straightening with tunica albuginea plication: TAP procedure / Laurence A. Levine -- Incisional corporoplasty for the correction of Peyronie's disease caused penile curvature / Daniel Yachia -- Peyronie's disease: surgical straightening with tunica plication and tunica transfer / Konstantinos Hatzimouratidis and Dimitrios G. Hatzichristou -- A review of plaque incision with focus on temporalis fascia grafts / Martin Gelbard -- Venous patch graft surgery for Peyronie's disease / Robert C. Dean and Tom F. Lue -- Use of porcine small intestinal submucosal graft in the surgical management of Peyronie's disease / L. Dean Knoll -- Penile straightening with plaque incision or partial excision and human pericardial grafting technique / Laurence A. Levine -- Surgical straightening with tunica incision and grafting technique: single relaxing incision based on geometrical principles / Paulo H. Egydio -- Minimally invasive intracorporal incision of Peyronie's plaque / Anthony J. Bella and Gerald B. Brock -- Surgical straightening with penile prosthesis / Steven K. Wilson and Culley C. Carson, III.
- Polymers for vascular and urogenital applications 2012, CRCnetBASE"In a carefully crafted, multidisciplinary, skillfully focused format, this book covers attributes of polymers used for vascular, urological, and gynecological materials. It provides a brief analysis of how the use of polymers in vascular and urogenital applications has evolved in the past five decades and outlines their common and specific functional requirements. It features small, readable monographs that provide a brief description of the evolving role of a particular material, and present topics in highly integrated, well-balanced, authoritatively prepared segments on materials processing and in vitro and in vivo evaluation, complete with case studies"--Provided by publisher.
- Practical urological ultrasound 2013, Springer
- Practical urology 2011, SpringerEmbryology for Urologists -- Gross and Laparoscopic Anatomy of the Upper Urinary Tract and Retroperitoneum -- Gross and Laparoscopic Anatomy of the Lower Urinary Tract and Pelvis -- Anatomy of the Male Reproductive System -- Imaging of the Upper Tracts -- Principles of Bacterial Urinary Tract Infections and Antimicrobials -- An Overview of Renal Physiology -- Ureteral Physiology and Pharmacology -- Physiology and Pharmacology of the Bladder -- Pharmacology of Sexual Function -- Metabolic Evaluation and Medical Management of Stone Disease -- Molecular Biology for Urologists -- Chemotherapeutic Agents for Urologic Oncology -- Tumor and Transplant Immunology -- Pathophysiology of Renal Obstruction -- Pathophysiology of Lower Urinary Tract Obstruction -- Urologic Endocrinology -- Physiology and Pharmacology of the Prostate -- Wound Healing and Principles of Plastic Surgery -- Overview of the Evaluation of Lower Urinary Tract Dysfunction -- Urologic Instrumentation: Endoscopes and Lasers -- Prostatitis and Male Chronic Pelvic Pain Syndrome -- Disorders of Scrotal Contents: Orchitis, Epididymitis, Testicular Torsion, Torsion of the Appendages, and Fournier's Gangrene -- Nonbacterial Infections of the Genitourinary Tract -- Sexually Transmitted Infections -- Hematuria: Evaluation and Management -- Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia (BPH) -- Practical Guidelines for the Treatment of Erectile Dysfunction and Peyronie's Disease -- Premature Ejaculation -- The Role of Interventional Management for Urinary Tract Calculi -- Current Concepts of Anterior Urethral Pathology: Management and Future Directions -- Urinary Incontinence -- Neurogenic Bladder -- Pelvic Prolapse -- Urinary Tract Fistula -- Urologic Trauma -- Bladder Cancer -- Prostate Cancer -- The Management of Testis Cancer.
- Premature ejaculation 2013, Springer
- Primer of geriatric urology 2013, Springer
- Problem based urology 2013, SpringerUrological problems are so common as to represent a significant burden for many primary care physicians and GPs in their everyday practice worldwide. A major concern is how far to go themselves in the diagnosis and treatment of a urological diseases and when to refer the patient for specialist care. Problem Based Urology provides an easy and user-friendly tool to assist in decision making in the treatment of the more common urological problems and the most appropriate timing for referral to specialist care. Within each chapter, one or more flow charts are included to help the reader to formulate the most likely diagnosis on the basis of findings from medical history, examination and investigations, and to start an appropriate first-line treatment or to refer the patient to the specialist where appropriate. This book will appeal to the primary care physician or general practitioner and is an invaluable reference for professionals dealing with common urological complaints.
- Prostate biopsy 2008, SpringerDefining the problem : from subclinical disease to clinically insignificant prostate cancer / Wael Sakr -- What every patient should know about prostate cancer before he submits to biopsy of his prostate / Thomas A. Stamey, Rosalie Nolley, and Dorothea Torti -- Prostate-specific antigen and prostate cancer screening / Stacy Loeb, Misop Han, and William J. Catalona -- The role of complexed prostate-specific antigen in prostate cancer screening / Matthew E. Nielsen and Alan W. Partin -- Newly recognized forms of prostate-specific antigen and emerging molecular markers / Eduardo I. Canto and Kevin M. Slawin -- The role of prostate-specific antigen velocity in the diagnosis and management of prostate cancer / H. Ballentine Carter -- Prostate cancer screening : navigating the controversy / Timothy C. Brand and Ian M. Thompson -- Prostate cancer nomograms and how they measure up to neural networks / Pierre I. Karakiewicz and Michael W. Kattan -- Preparation for prostate biopsy / Alan M. Nieder and Mark S. Soloway -- Principles of prostate ultrasound / Martha K. Terris -- Minimizing pain and optimizing patient experience during prostate biopsy / J. Stephen Jones -- Prostate biopsy techniques / Katsuto Shinohara -- Biopsy strategies-how many and where? / Joseph C. Presti, Jr. -- Transperineal prostate biopsy / Paolo Emiliozzi and Vito Pansadoro -- Repeat prostate biopsies and the Vienna nomograms / Bob Djavan and Sibylle Marihart -- Saturation biopsy for detection and characterization of prostate cancer / J. Stephen Jones -- Pathologic implications of prostate biopsy / Ming Zhou and Cristina Magi-Galluzzi -- Complications of transrectal ultrasound-guided prostate biopsy / Sam S. Chang and Michael S. Cookson -- Management and controversies of high-grade prostatic intraepithelial neoplasia and atypical small acinar proliferation on prostate biopsy / Alon Z. Weizer ... [et al.] -- Future directions in prostate cancer diagnosis / Nicholas J. Fitzsimons ... [et al.]
- Prostate biopsy interpretation 2012, SpringerAnatomy and Normal Histology of the Prostate Pertinent to Biopsy Practice -- Prostate Needle Biopsy Sampling Techniques: Impact on Pathological Diagnosis -- Diagnosis of Limited Cancer in Prostate Biopsy -- Immunohistochemistry in Prostate Biopsy Evaluation -- Contemporary Approach to Gleason Grading of Prostate Cancer -- Histologic Variants of Prostate Carcinoma -- Benign Mimics of Prostate Carcinoma -- Atypical Cribriform Lesions of the Prostate Gland: Emerging Concepts of Intraductal Carcinoma of the Prostate (IDC-P) -- High-Grade Prostatic Intraepithelial Neoplasia -- Atypical Glands Suspicious for Cancer -- Spindle Cell Lesions of the Prostate Gland -- Treatment Effect in Benign and Malignant Prostate Tissue -- Molecular Biology of Prostate Cancer and Emerging Diagnostic and Prognostic Biomarkers -- Biopsy Specimen Handling, Processing, Quality Assurance Program -- Reporting of Prostate Biopsy.
- Prostate cancer 2007, Springer
- Prostate cancer diagnosis 2013, Springer
- Prostate cancer. 2nd ed. 2007, SpringerXenograft models of human prostate cancer -- The pathology of human prostatic atrophy and inflammation -- Tissue microarrays in prostate cancer research -- Prostate (cancer) stem cells -- Cancer-host interactions: a paradigm shift brings new understanding and new opportunities -- Androgen receptor function in prostate cancer progression -- Hedgehog signaling in development and cancer -- Cholesterol, cell signaling, and prostate cancer -- Gene therapy for advanced prostate cancer -- Role of transforming growth factor-ss in immunotherapy of prostate cancer -- Biology and therapeutic basis of prostate cancer bone metastasis -- Molecular imaging: noninvasive strategies to visualize gene expression in living subjects -- Quantum dot nanotechnology for prostate cancer research -- Expression profiling of prostate cancer progression -- Somatic alterations in prostate cancer progression -- Linkage studies of prostate cancer families to identify susceptibility genes -- Somatic DNA methylation changes and prostatic carcinogenesis -- Telomeres, telomerase, chromosome stability, and prostate cancer -- Racial differences in prostate cancer mortality -- Radiotherapy for the treatment of locally advanced prostate cancer -- Recombinant antibody candidates for treatment of prostate cancer -- Differentiation agents and epigenomic therapies: an overview and potential use for prostate cancer -- Taxane-based chemotherapy for prostate cancer -- Co-targeting therapeutics for hormone refractory prostate cancer -- Intercellular targets of prostate cancer -- Novel and efficient translational clinical trial designs in advanced prostate cancer.
- Questions in daily urologic practice 2008, Springer
- Radiology illustrated. Uroradiology. 2nd ed. 2012, Springer
- Renal cancer 2013, Springer
- Renal cell carcinoma 2013, Springer
- Retroperitoneal robotic and laparoscopic surgery 2011, SpringerAnatomical Aspects of the Extra- and Retroperitoneal Space / Ahmed E. Ghazi and Jean V. Joseph -- Essential Instruments in Laparoscopic and Robotic Surgery / Ty T. Higuchi and Matthew T. Gettman -- Upper Tract Retroperitoneal Access Techniques / Ahmed E. Ghazi and Jean V. Joseph -- Laparoscopic and Robotic Adrenalectomy / Edmund Y. Ko, Richard T. Schlinkert and Mitchell R. Humphreys -- Retroperitoneoscopic Simple and Radical Nephrectomy / Guillaume Ploussard, Andras Hoznek, Laurent Salomon, Claude C. Abbou and Alexandre de la Taille -- Laparoscopic and Robotic Partial Nephrectomy / Lori M. Dulabon and Michael D. Stifelman -- Retroperitoneal Robotic Partial Nephrectomy / James R. Porter -- Laparoscopic and Robotic Mid and Distal Ureteral Reconstructive Surgery / Alireza Moinzadeh -- Robot-Assisted Laparoscopic Nephroureterectomy / Sijo J. Parekattil, Hany N. Atalah and Li-Ming Su -- Laparoscopic Pelvic Lymphadenectomy in Prostate Cancer / Evangelos Liatsikos, Minh Do, Panagiotis Kallidonis, Iason Kyriazis and Alan McNeil, et al. -- Laparoscopic Simple Prostatectomy / Xavier Cathelineau, Rafael E. Sanchez-Salas, Eric Barret, Francois Rozet and Marc Galiano, et al. -- Extraperitoneal Laparoscopic Radical Prostatectomy / Sarah P. Psutka and Douglas M. Dahl -- Robot-Assisted Extraperitoneal Laparoscopic Prostatectomy / Thomas T. Hoang, Satya B. Allaparthi and Ingolf A. Tuerk -- Laparoendoscopic Single-Site Retroperitoneal Surgery / Michael A. White and Jihad H. Kaouk -- On the Horizon / Jean V. Joseph and Hitendra R. H. Patel.
- Robotic renal surgery 2013, Springer
- Robotic urologic surgery. 2nd ed. 2012, SpringerPt. 1. Introduction to robotic surgery -- Pt. 2. Robotic surgery of the prostate -- Pt. 3. Kidney and adrenals -- Pt. 4. Bladder cancer -- Pt. 5. Pediatric urology -- Pt. 6. Robotic microsurgery -- Pt. 7. Allied health -- Pt. 8. Executive.
- Robotic urology 2008, Springer
- Robotic urology. 2nd ed. 2013, Springer
- Robotics in genito-urinary surgery 2011, Springer
- Schrier's Diseases of the kidney. 9th ed. / 2013, Ovid"The recent advances in many aspects of kidney diseases have mandated a new edition of Schrier's Diseases of the Kidney. As in previous editions, a group of international experts was assembled to present this information in a comprehensive, authoritative, concise, and readily accessible fashion. The chapters have been extensively revised and updated"--Provided by publisher.
- Scrotal pathology 2012, Springer
- Seat on the aisle, please! 2006, Springer
- Sexually transmissible infections in clinical practice 2009, Springer
- Sperm competition in humans 2006, SpringerNo evidence for killer sperm or other selective interactions between human spermatozoa in ejaculates of different males in vitro (1999) / Harry D.M. Moore, M. Martin & Tim R. Burkhead -- Psychological adaptation to human sperm competition (2002) / Todd K. Shackelford ... [et al.] -- Semen displacement as a sperm competition strategy in humans (2004) / Gordon G. Gallup & Rebecca L. Burch -- Human female orgasm and male fluctuating asymmetry (1995) / Randy Thornhill, Steve W. Gangestad & Randall Comer.Sperm competition in humans / Nicholas Pound, Todd K. Shackelford, Aaron T. Goetz -- Why are there so many tiny sperm? Sperm competition and the maintenance of two sexes (1982) / Geoffrey A. Parker -- Sperm competition, male prudence, and sperm-limited females (2002) / Nina Wedell, Matthew J.G. Gage & Geoffrey A. Parker -- Human sperm competition (1984) / Robert L. Smith -- "Kamikaze" sperm in mammals? (1988) / R. Robin Baker & Mark A. Bellis -- Deformed sperm are probably not adaptive (1989) / Alexander H. Harcourt -- Elaboration of the kamikaze sperm hypothesis: a reply to Harcourt (1989) / R. Robin Baker & Mark A. Bellis -- Number of sperm in human ejaculates varies in accordance with sperm competition theory (1989) / R. Robin Baker & Mark A. Bellis -- Do females promote sperm competition? Data for humans (1990) / Mark A. Bellis & R. Robin Baker -- Human sperm competition: ejaculate adjustment by males and the function of masturbation (1993) / R. Robin Baker & Mark A. Bellis -- Human sperm competition: ejaculate manipulation by females and a function for the female orgasm (1993) / R. Robin Baker & Mark A. Bellis --
- Surgical management of urolithiasis 2013, Springer
- Textbook of penile cancer 2012, Springer
- Tips and tricks in laparoscopic urology 2007, Springer
- Top tips in urology. 2nd ed. 2013, WileyExpert urologists give their personal insight into the best methods of overcoming a variety of scenarios that occur during urologic surgery, randing from how to best salvage specific difficult intra-operative problems, to simplifying complex procedures, or tips advising on how best to clarify diagnosis.
- Ureteroscopy 2013, Springer
- Urethral reconstructive surgery 2006, Springer1. Introduction / F. Schreiter, G.H. Jordan -- 2. Historical highlights in the development of urethral surgery / K. Bandhauer -- 3. Anatomy and blood supply of the urethra and penis / J.K.M. Quartey -- 4. Fundamentals and principles of tissue transfer / G.H. Jordan, K. Rourke -- 5. Tissue engineering: the future of urethral reconstructive surgery? / K.D. Sievert -- 6. Hypospadia repair: the past and the present - also the future? / R. Hohenfellner -- 7. Urethral reconstruction in women / E.J. McGuire -- 8. A Current overview of the treatment of urethral strictures: etiology, epidemiology, pathophysiology, classification, and principles of repair / S.M. Schlossberg -- 9. The Acute posterior urethral injury / J. Latini, J.T. Stoffel, L. Zinman --10. The endoscopic treatment of post-traumatic membranous urethral strictures / V. Pansadoro, P. Emiliozzi -- 11. Endoscopic realignment of post-traumatic membranous urethral disruption / V. Pansadoro, P. Emiliozzi -- 12. The Role of bouginage, visual urethrotomy, and stents today / H. Sperling, M. Goepel, H. Rübben -- 13. Alternative endourological techniques in the treatment of urethral strictures: review of the current literature / E. Geist, R. Hartung -- 14. Reconstruction of the bulbar and membranous urethra / F. Schreiter, B. Schönberger, R Olianas -- 15. The Sagittal posterior (transcoccygeal transrectal transsphincteric) approach for reconstruction of the posterior urethra / D. Streit -- 16. The Use of flaps in urethral reconstructive surgery / G.H. Jordan, K.F. Rourke -- 17. Reconstruction of the fossa navicularis / G.H. Jordan, K.F. Rourke -- 18. Penile circular fasciocutaneous flaps for complex anterior urethral strictures / K.J. Carney, J.W. McAninch -- 19. Selective use of the perineal artery fasciocutaneous flap (Singapore) in urethral reconstruction / L. Zinman -- 20. Anterior urethral stricture repair and reconstruction in hypospadias cripples / F. Schreiter, B. Schönberger --21. The Use of free grafts for urethroplasty / D.E. Andrich, A.R. Mundy -- 22. Repair of bulbar urethra using the Barbagli technique / G. Barbagli, M. Lazzeri -- 23. Indications and limitations of buccal mucosa reconstructive urethral surgery in hypospadias repair / M. Fisch -- 24. Indications and limits for the use of boccal mucosa for urethral reconstruction / D. Kröpfl, A. Verweyen -- 25. Two-stage mesh-graft urethroplasty / F. Schreiter.
- Urethral reconstructive surgery 2008, Springer
- Urinary and fecal incontinence 2005, Springer
- Urinary stone disease 2007, Springer
- Urinary tract 2012, Springer
- Urinary Tract 2011, Springer
- Urinary tract infection 2013, SpringerThe causative organisms of Urinary Tract Infection are dynamic in terms of their virulence and resistance patterns, leading to challenges in the prevention and treatment of urinary infection. This is of relevance in both primary and secondary care, and many of the challenges are similar in both developed and developing countries alike. UTI is also associated with considerable cost in terms of morbidity, economic and research expenditure. Written by an exceptional and well-known team of clinical experts, the purpose of Urinary Tract Infections addresses key questions facing physicians about this condition. This book is written primarily for general physicians who wish to have a broad understanding of a number of important issues concerning infection in parts of the urinary tract. Specialists may also find the book useful as a quick reference guide.
- Urinary tract stone disease 2011, Springer
- Urodynamics. 3rd ed. 2006, Springer
- Urogynecology 2006, Springer
- Urogynecology in primary care 2007, Springer
- Urogynecology. 2nd ed. 2013, SpringerTaking the history -- Physical examination -- How to manage the patient after history and examination -- How to conduct urodynamic studies: essentials of a good urodynamic report -- Outcome measures used to assess response -- Conservative therapy of urodynamic stress incontinence -- Step-by-step guide to treatment of overactive bladder (OAB)/Detrusor overactivity -- Anal incontinence and disorders of obstructive defecation -- Surgery for urodynamic stress incontinence -- Management of prolapse -- Recurrent bacterial cystitis in women -- Interstitial cystitis.
- Urolithiasis 2012, SpringerUrolithiasis: Basic Science and Clinical Practice is a comprehensive text that assists urologists in defining the best choice of treatment for each case through a balanced presentation of underlying science, diagnostic methods and practical tips, with additional discussions on educational issues, costs and management of resources. This user-friendly practical resource is replete with full-color illustrations and radiographs, covering all aspects of stone disease, and offering perspectives from Europe, the Americas, China, South Asia, Africa, and Australia. Topics include the biochemical and physiological basis of stone formation, treatment options, complications, assessment of techniques and technologies available, and guidelines on the prevention of stone recurrence. Urolithiasis: Basic Science and Clinical Practice is the definitive text on stone disease and is a must read for young consultants starting a new practice, and urologists in residence and training.
- Urologic robotic surgery 2008, Springer
- Urologic robotic surgery in clinical practice 2008, Springer
- Urological cancers 2005, Springer
- Urological cancers in clinical practice 2007, Springer
- Urological emergencies in clinical practice. 2nd ed. / 2013, SpringerPresenting Symptoms of Urological Emergencies /Hashim Hashim --Lower Urinary Tract Emergencies /John Reynard --Nontraumatic Renal Emergencies /John Reynard --Other Infective Urological Emergencies /Hashim Hashim --Traumatic Urological Emergencies /Noel Armenakas --Scrotal and Genital Emergencies /John Reynard --Postoperative Emergencies After Urological Surgery /Hashim Hashim --Ureteric Colic in Pregnancy /Dan Wood --Management of Urological Neoplastic Conditions Presenting as Emergencies /Dan Wood --Pediatric Emergencies /Dan Wood --Common Emergency Urological Procedures /John Reynard.
- Urological emergencies. 2nd edition [2nd ed.] 2013, SpringerUrological Emergencies: A Practical Approach, Second Edition provides a concise, evidence based review of common urgent and emergent urological conditions in children and adults. Descriptions of the appropriate diagnostic and therapeutic considerations on topics of traumatic, infectious, obstructive, hemorrhagic, iatrogenic, vascular and congenital urological emergencies in adults and children are provided. The text is organized by pathophysiology rather than organ system, allowing the reader to develop approaches to the care of patients with acute urological conditions based on mechanism of disease. Relevant pathophysiological background and epidemiology are reviewed, necessary diagnostic testing recommended, and detailed medical, surgical and endourological management approaches have been provided. All chapters incorporate published guidelines and best practice recommendations from appropriate organizations including the American Urological Association, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and various International Consultations on Urological Diseases. New or significantly revised chapters in each of the subsections address innovations in trauma care and prevention, new strategies in management of kidney stones, and special care needs of children with acute urological problems. Urological Emergencies: A Practical Approach, Second Edition is of great value to practicing urologists, urology residents, emergency medicine trainees and practitioners, and primary care providers including MD's, PA's, and NP's without immediate access to urological consultation.
- Urological men's health 2012, Springer
- Urological oncology 2008, Springer
- Urological tests in clinical practice 2007, Springer
- Urology. 4th ed. 2006, OvidUrinary retention -- Lower urinary tract symptoms -- Abnormal prostate-specific antigen or digital rectal examination -- Hematuria -- Incontinence -- Acute stone management -- Genitourinary pain -- Erectile dysfunction -- Penile complaints -- Scrotal mass -- Empty scrotum -- Urethral discharge -- Trauma -- Urologic emergencies -- Abdominal masses -- Ambiguous genitalia -- Urinary tract infections -- Sexually transmitted diseases --Benign prostatic hyperplasia -- Urinary calculi -- Voiding disorders -- Prostate cancer -- Urothelial cancers -- Kidney tumors -- Adrenals -- Testicular cancer -- Cancer of urethra and penis -- Metabolic disorders -- Obstructive uropathy -- Renal failure -- Renovascular hypertension -- Pregnancy -- Interstitial cystitis -- Anomalies of the genitourinary tract -- Vesicoureteral reflux -- Diagnostic techniques.
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- AAP Red Book Online
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Sabiston Textbook of Surgery
- Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics
- Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics
- Mandell, Douglas, & Bennett's Principles & Practice of Infectious Diseases
- Red Book Online
- ICU Book
- Primary Care Medicine
- Campbell-Walsh Urology
Shortcut to Licensed Content
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Links” (IE7) or “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
Shortcut for iPhone
What is it?
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) gives you access to resources licensed by the library even when you're not coming from a Lane or a Stanford IP address.
While we'd like Lane to be your gateway to our licensed content, we recognize that links to books, articles and journals come from a variety of different sources (Google, your email, RSS reader, etc.).
When installed, it will look your browser bookmark.
At the page you would like to proxy, click the "Lane Gateway to Licensed Content" to invoke it.
If Lane licenses that content, you'll get access as if you were on campus.
How does it work?
This allows you to view the URL as though you were on campus, giving you access to materials licensed for use by the Stanford academic community.
If you're not authenticated, you'll be prompted for your SUNetID and password.
Don't see the Toolbar, Bookmarks, or Links or Favorites bar?
From the "View" menu, select "Toolbars" & choose "Bookmarks Toolbar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Show Bookmarks Bar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Always Show Bookmarks Bar"
- Right-click in a clear area near the browser address bar
- In the menu, check a box next "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites" (IE8, IE9)
- Managing IE Favorites
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) only works with resources Lane has licensed and configured to work with our proxy server.
If invoked on a resource we do not license and/or have not yet configured, you will see an error message:
The Lane proxy server cannot complete your request because this host has not been configured properly.
We make no attempt to configure our proxy server for every resource, only those we license and for which a Stanford IP address grants access.
Drag this button onto your browser toolbar to install.
- Right click this button
- Select "Add to Favorites", click "Continue" if you see a security alert
- In "Create in" menu, select "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites Bar" (IE8, IE9) to install
Drag this button onto Safari Bookmarks bar to install.
Can't find it?
- Springer Protocols
- MD Consult
- Lange Series
- National Academy Press
- NCBI Bookshelf
- Thieme Atlases