Books by Subject
UrologyAccess restricted to Stanford unless otherwise noted
- Active surveillance for localized prostate cancer 2012, Springer
- Adult and pediatric urology. 4th ed. 2002, Ovid
- Advanced endourology 2006, Springer
- Advanced imaging of the abdomen 2006, Springer
- Since the publication of the first edition of Urethral Reconstructive Surgery, important refinements have been added to the urologic surgical armamentarium. Extensively revised and updated, Advanced Male Urethral and Genital Reconstructive Surgery, Second Edition guides urologists in a practical manner on how to evaluate and manage complex urethral and male genital reconstructive challenges. Chapters have been added on wound healing, synchronous urethral strictures, non-transecting anastomotic urethroplasty (including muscle and vessel sparing), overlapping buccal grafts, male urethral slings, genital skin grafting, Peyronies surgery, priapism, pediatric strictures, and prosthetics. Such chapters greatly strengthen the overall appeal of the book. The volume closes with a new comprehensive appendix of preferred instruments. With broad contributions by international authorities in reconstructiveurologic surgery, Advanced Male Urethral and Genital Reconstructive Surgery, Second Edition is a valuable resource for all urologists, from residents to reconstructive surgeons.
- Anatomic study of the clitoris and the bulbo-clitoral organ 2014, Springer"This eagerly awaited book offers a unique, comprehensive scientific study of the anatomy of the organ of female sexual pleasure. The authors use macroscopic and microscopic research to guide the reader from the glans, the visible part of the clitoris, where they explore the impressive sensory corpuscles, to the hidden roots of the bulbo-clitoral organ. They show its complexity, its exact location within the external genitalia and its intimate relationship with the urethro-vaginal pyramid. They also remind us that throughout history there has been a failure to understand this organ, and explain that this misunderstanding remains the cause of persistent excisions, criminal mutilating practices that have not yet been eradicated. Using extensive iconography, they demonstrate throughout this book that the bulbo-clitoral organ is an exceptional natural treasure that every woman possesses and that every man should know well."--Publisher's website.
- Androgen action in prostate cancer 2009, SpringerAndrogen action and modulation of prostate and prostate cancer growth : an historical perspective / Shutsung Liao ... [et al.] -- Clinical progression to castration-recurrent prostate cancer / Mark Pomerantz and Philip Kantoff -- Differential roles of androgen receptor in prostate development and cancer progression / Shuyuan Yeh ... [et al.] -- Imaging androgen receptor function in vivo / Michael Carey and Lily Wu -- Increased expression of genes converting adrenal androgens to testosterone in castration-recurrent prostate cancer / Steven P. Balk -- Androgen-metabolic genes in prostate cancer predisposition and progression / Juergen K.V. Reichardt and Ann W. Hsing -- Effect of steroid 5[alpha]-reductase inhibitors on markers of tumor regression and proliferation in prostate cancer / Lynn N. Thomas and Roger S. Rittmaster -- 5[alpha]-reductase isozymes in castration-recurrent prostate cancer / Mark A. Titus and James L. Mohler -- Improving intermittent androgen-deprivation therapy : OFF cycle and the role of steroid 5[alpha]-reductase inhibitors / Shubham Gupta, Daniel Shevrin, and Zhou Wang -- Insights from AR gene mutations / Grant Buchanan ... [et al.] -- Functional motifs of the androgen receptor / Elizabeth M. Wilson -- The role of the androgen receptor polyglutamine tract in prostate cancer : in mice and men / Diane M. Robbins -- The androgen receptor coactivator-binding interface / Eva Estébanez-Perpiñá and Robert J. Fletterick -- Co-regulators and the regulation of androgen receptor action in prostate cancer / Irina U. Agoulnik and Nancy L. Weigel -- Androgen receptor coregulators and their role in prostate cancer / Latif A. Wafa, Robert Snoek, and Paul S. Rennie -- Interaction of the androgen receptor ligand-binding domain with the n-terminal domain and with coactivators / Jan Trapman -- Multitasking and interplay between the androgen receptor domains / F.Claessens, T. Tanner, and A. Haelens -- Chromatin remodeling and androgen receptor-mediated transcription / Li Jia ... [et al.] -- Ligand-independent androgen receptor activity / Scott M. Dehm and Donald J. Tindall -- Role of IL-6 in regulating the androgen receptor / Zoran Culig and Alfred Hobisch -- The role of cyclic AMP in regulating the androgen receptor / Marianne D. Sadar --Cellular and molecular signatures of androgen ablation of prostate cancer / Clifford G. Tepper and Hsing-Jien Kung -- Tissue levels of androgens in castration-recurrent prostate cancer / James L. Mohler and Mark A. Titus -- Unique effects of wnt signaling on prostate cancer cells : modulation of the androgen signaling pathway by interactions of the androgen receptor gene and protein with key components of the canonical wnt signaling pathway / Matthew J. Tanner ... [et al.] -- The role of foxa proteins in the regulation of androgen receptor activity / David J. DeGraff ... [et al.] -- Androgen receptor as a licensing factor for DNA replication / Donald J. Vander Griend and John T. Isaacs -- Androgen-regulated genes in the prostate / Nigel Clegg and Peter S. Nelson -- Mapping the androgen receptor cistrome / Qianben Wang and Myles Brown -- Differential regulation of clusterin isoforms by the androgen receptor Tanya K. Day, Colleen C. Nelson, and Martin E. Gleave -- Androgen regulation of prostate cancer gene fusions / Rou Wang, Scott A. Tomlins, and Arul M. Chinnaiyan -- Androgens and the lipogenic switch in prostate cancer / Johannes V. Swinnen ... [et al.] -- Molecular biology of novel targets identified through study of castration-recurrent prostate cancer / Philip A. Watson and Charles L. Sawyers -- Selenium and androgen receptor in prostate cancer / Nagalakshmi Nadiminty and Allen C. Gao.
- Androgen deficiency and testosterone replacement 2013, Springer1. The Institute of Medicine White Paper on Testosterone: Current Perspective / Craig F. Donatucci -- 2. The Laboratory Diagnosis of Testosterone Deficiency / Akanksha Mehta and Darius A. Paduch -- 3. The Clinical Diagnosis of Androgen Deficiency / Gregory C. Mitchell, Ege Can Serefoglu, and Wayne J.G. Hellstrom -- 4. The Use of Patient Reported Outcome Questionnaires in the Diagnosis of Androgen Deficiency / Gregory J. Lowe, George C. Bailey, and Tracey L. Krupski -- 5. Testosterone and Its Association with Metabolic and Cardiovascular Disease / Giovanni Corona, Giulia Rastrelli, and Mario Maggi -- 6. The Role of Androgens in Prostate Cancer / Frances Alba, Claudio A. Romero, and Run Wang -- 7. Androgen Deficiency in the Adolescent Male / Erin R. McNamara and Sherry S. Ross -- 8. Effects of Androgen Deficiency and Replacement on Male Fertility / Andrew C. Kramer -- 9. HIV and Testosterone in Men / Gina Cambareri, Jane Ashby, David Goldmeier, and Hossein Sadeghi-Nejad -- 10. Treatment Options for Testosterone Replacement Therapy / Mohit Khera -- 11. Alternate Therapies for Testosterone Replacement / Ege Can Serefoglu, Ahmet Gokce, Wayne J.G. Hellstrom, and André T. Guay.
- Andrology for the clinician 2006, Springer
- Anesthesia for urologic surgery 2014, SpringerThis is an up-to-date clinical reference on anesthesia for urological surgery. Advances in urological procedures, the advent of treatment of patients with strong anticoagulant and antiplatelet medications, and the demographics of urology patients (many of whom are young or elderly) present challenges for the anesthesiologist and have necessitated changes in anesthesia practice. Urological anesthesia is not recognized as a subspecialty, and this book, which reflects the expertise of clinicians and researchers from around the United States and Europe, is written for the majority of anesthesiologists and nurse anesthetists who will provide anesthesia for these patients. The book includes coverage of these topics: Renal physiology and pharmacology Urologic anesthesia in all age groups, and in both the operating room and outpatient setting Special considerations in the pregnant patient and in renal transplantation Anesthesia for robotic surgery of the prostate In older patients, problems arising from co-morbidities and the risk of drug interactions Appropriate pain management in inpatient and outpatient settings The unique challenges of positioning the patient Medico-legal considerations, including analyses from the closed claims study
- Atlas of genitourinary oncological imaging 2013, SpringerThe Atlas of Genitourinary Oncological Imaging presents a comprehensive visual review of appearances for normal anatomy and oncological diseases in the genitourinary system using over 900 radiological images and illustrations. The book presents current imaging techniques and discusses the role of imaging in pre-treatment staging and post-treatment follow-up. Diseases discussed include kidney, adrenal gland, upper tract, bladder, prostate, testes, and pediatric malignancies. Individual chapters include normal anatomy, imaging techniques, and pathology of each cancer type. The staging of the malignancy and what to include in the radiology report are discussed, and expected and complicated postoperative and post-treatment findings and recurrence are presented. Dedicated chapters on interventional and radiation therapy discuss their unique role in the management and treatment of oncology of the genitourinary system. Additionally, a chapter on chemotherapy toxicities discusses drug reaction treatment therapies unique to the genitourinary system.Edited and written by radiologists from the genitourinary disease management team at Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, the Atlas of Genitourinary Oncological Imaging is an ideal resource for radiology and urology trainees seeking a review of the basics and for practicing radiologists looking for answers to challenging cases confronted in daily practice.
- Atlas of genitourinary pathology 2011, SpringerAdrenal gland -- Kidney -- Renal pelvis and ureter -- Bladder, urethra, and urachus -- Prostate -- Testis -- Spermatic cord and testicular adnexae -- Penis and scrotum.
- Atlas of laparoscopic urologic surgery 2007, ClinicalKeyBasic techniques in laparoscopic surgery / Jay T. Bishoff -- Laparoscopic stapling and reconstruction / Gyan Pareek and Stephen Y. Nakada -- Anesthetic implications of minimally invasive urological surgery / Ian H. Black and Kurt W. Grathwohl -- Closure techniques and exiting the abdomen / Benjamin R. Lee -- Laparoscopic simple nephrectomy / Daniel J. Ricchiuti and Timothy D. Averch -- Laparoscopic radical nephrectomy / David A. Duchene, J. Kyle Anderson, and Jeffrey A. Cadeddu -- Hand-assisted laparoscopic radical nephrectomy / George K. Chow -- Hand-assisted laparoscopic radical nephroureterectomy / Sean P. Hedican and William W. Roberts -- Laparoscopic partial nephrectomy / Christopher R. Williams and Peter A. Pinto -- Laparoscopic nephroureterectomy / C. William Schwalb II and Thomas W. Jarrett -- Laparoscopic donor nephrectomy / Adam J. Ball, Michael D. Fabrizio, and Edwin L. Robey -- Laparoscopic evaluation and treatment of symptomatic and indeterminate renal cysts / Doug W. Soderdahl and Michael D. Fabrizio -- Laparoscopic and percutaneous delivery of renal ablative technology / Kyle J. Weld and Jamie Landman -- Laparoscopic renal biopsy / Stephen V. Jackman -- Laparoscopic pyeloplasty / Itay Y. Vardi and Sam B. Bhayani -- Laparoscopic ureterolysis and repair of retrocaval ureter / Mike Nguyen and Lars Ellison -- Laparoscopic ureterolithotomy / Ioannis Varkarakis and Charalambos Deliveliotis -- Laparoscopic ureteral reimplantation and borari flap / Koon Ho Rha.Laparoscopic adrenalectomy / Blake D. Hamilton -- Laparoscopic pelvic lymph node dissection / Premal J. Desai and D. Duane Baldwin -- Laparoscopic retroperitoneal lymph node dissection / Mohamad E. Allaf -- Nerve-sparing laparoscopic radical prostatectomy: transperitoneal technique / Li-Ming Su -- Laparoscopic prostatectomy: preperitoneal approach / Clement-Claude Abbou [and others] -- Robotic prostatectomy / David I. Lee -- Laparoscopic radical cystectomy and urinary diversion / Andrew A. Wagner and Christian P. Pavlovich -- Laparoscopic orchiopexy / Steven M. Baughman, Earl Y. Cheng, and Elizabeth B. Yerkes -- Pediatric laparoscopic pyeloplasty / Paul H. Noh and Steven G. Docimo -- Complications of laparoscopic surgery / Lee Richstone and Louis R. Kavoussi -- Endoscopic subcutaneous modified inguinal lymph node dissection for squamous cell carcinoma of the penis / Jay T. Bishoff and Claudio Montiola.
- Atlas of male genital disorders 2013, SpringerMale genital disorders represent a common issue in medical practice, especially in the dermatological setting. Correct clinical evaluation of these disorders is essential when addressing the diagnosis, which in some cases may require histopathological confirmation. Depending on the disease, early diagnosis may be not only lifesaving, but also of fundamental importance to the planning of successful treatment. This atlas introduces the most common penile diseases, along with more rarely encountered ones. It provides invaluable guidance on clinical diagnosis by highlighting prominent clinical features and presenting particular videodermatoscopy findings when these are indicative of the diagnosis. In addition, for each condition the most appropriate treatment is proposed, taking into account recent therapeutic advances of proven benefit.
- Atlas of robotic prostatectomy 2013, SpringerIn many centers of excellence in Urology, robotic prostatectomy has become the first choice for the surgical treatment of localized prostate cancer owing to benefits such as reduced pain and minimization of impotence and incontinence. This atlas, specifically designed for use by surgeons, provides a beautifully illustrated, step-by-step guide to all aspects of the procedure. The various techniques that can be employed to achieve excellent oncological and functional results are carefully depicted in appropriate detail; for example, nerve-sparing techniques, bladder neck reconstruction, and approaches aimed at the early restoration of continence are clearly described. Special situations, such as prior prostate surgery, a large prostate, and salvage prostatectomy, are also fully covered. The information contained in this atlas will be of great value in enabling surgeons to improve their results and to take full advantage of the benefits of robotic prostatectomy compared with open prostatectomy.
- Atlas of robotic urologic surgery 2011, SpringerRobotics in Urology: Past, Present, and Future -- Robotic Instrumentation, Personnel and Operating Room Setup -- Transperitoneal Robot-Assisted Laparoscopic Radical Prostatectomy: Anterior Approach -- Transperitoneal Robot-Assisted Laparoscopic Radical Prostatectomy: Posterior Approach -- Extraperitoneal Robot-Assisted Laparoscopic Radical Prostatectomy -- Robot-Assisted Laparoscopic Radical Prostatectomy: Management of the Difficult Case -- Robot-Assisted Radical Cystoprostatectomy -- Robot-Assisted Laparoscopic Sacrocolpopexy -- Robot-Assisted Total and Partial Adrenalectomy -- Robot-Assisted Radical and Partial Nephrectomy -- Robot-Assisted Radical Nephroureterectomy -- Robot-Assisted Pyeloplasty -- Robot-Assisted Extended Pyelolithotomy and Ureterolithotomy -- Robot-Assisted Ureteral Reconstruction -- Robotic Surgical Procedures for Male Infertility -- Pediatric Urologic Robotic Procedures.
- Atlas on the human testis 2013, Springer1. "Open" Biopsy of the Testis and Testicular Sperm Extraction / Ivan Krhen, Andreja Vukasović, and Davor Ježek -- 2. MicroTESE and Embryo Development / Nikica Zaninović and Peter N. Schlegel -- 3. Histologic Procedures and Testicular Biopsy Freezing / Andreja Vukasović, Viviana Kozina, and Davor Ježek -- 4. Early Development of the Human Testis / Gordana Jurić-Lekić, Marta Himelreich, Marta Lekić, Đurđica Grbeša, and Floriana Bulić-Jakuš -- 5. The Fetal Human Testis / Marina Kos and Tanja Leniček -- 6. The Testis in Childhood Between Birth and Puberty / Ewa Rajpert-De Meyts, Kristian Almstrup, John E. Nielsen, and Niels E. Skakkebæk -- 7. Normal Morphology of the Human Testis and Epididymis / Davor Ježek, Viviana Kozina, and Andreja Vukasović -- 8. Damage of Spermatogenesis / Martin Bergmann and Davor Ježek -- 9. Inflammatory Conditions of the Testis / Hans-Christian Schuppe and Martin Bergmann -- 10. Cryptorchidism (Undescended Testis) / Ljerka Banek, Viviana Kozina, Iva Marolt, and Tomislav Banek -- 11. Klinefelter's Syndrome / Manuel Nistal and Pilar González-Peramato -- 12. Testicular Dysgenesis Syndrome and Carcinoma In Situ Testis / Ewa Rajpert-De Meyts, Kristian Almstrup, and Niels E. Skakkebæk -- 13. Tumors of the Testis and Epididymis / Ivan Damjanov and Gregor Mikuz -- 14. Congenital Testis Pathology / Manuel Nistal and Pilar González-Peramato -- 15. Vascular Testis Pathology / Manuel Nistal and Pilar González-Peramato -- 16. New Approaches to Diagnosing Male Infertility. Part I, Microarray Analysis of Testicular Biopsy Specimens from Men with Intact and Impaired Spermatogenesis / Andrej-Nikolai Spiess and Wolfgang Schulze -- 17. New Approaches to Diagnosing Male Infertility. Part II, The Role of Confocal Microscopy and Three-Dimensional Reconstruction in Visualization of Reinke's Crystals / Viviana Kozina and Davor Ježek -- 18. Disorders of Sex Development / Manuel Nistal and Pilar González-Peramato.
- Basic techniques in pediatric surgery 2013, SpringerPart A. Basic surgical techniques -- Part B. Head and neck -- Part C. Spine and limbs -- Part D. Thorax -- Part E. Abdomen -- Part F. Groin and genitalia -- Part G. Urology -- Part H. Perineum -- Part I. Minimally invasive surgery -- Appendix. Training in paediatric surgery -- Subject Index.
- Biennial review of infertility. Volume 3 v. 3, 2013, SpringerPart I: Male Infertility -- 1. Supplements to Enhance Male Fertility / Peter N. Schlegel -- 2. Poor Quality Ejaculate Sperm: Do the Data Support the Use of Testis Sperm? / Robert D. Oates -- 3. The Aging Male and Impact on Offspring / Timothy G. Jenkins, Kenneth I. Aston, and Douglas T. Carrell -- 4. Testosterone Replacement Therapy in Men: Effects on Fertility and Health / Peter T.K. Chan -- Part II: Female Infertility -- 5. A Practical Approach to Recent Advancesin Ovarian Reserve Testing / Benjamin Leader and Valerie L. Baker -- 6. Maternal Age and Oocyte Aneuploidy: Lessons Learned from Trisomy 21 / Stephanie L. Sherman, Emily G. Allen, and Lora J.H. Bean1 -- 7. Fertility Preservation for Cancer Patients / Suneeta Senapati and Clarisa R. Gracia -- 8. Reproductive Surgery and Computer-Assisted Laparoscopy: The New Age of Subspecialty Surgery Is Here / Shane T. Lipskind and Antonio R. Gargiulo -- Part III: Assisted Reproduction Techniques -- 9. Advances in Systems for Embryo Culture / Roberta Maggiulli, Lisa Dovere, Filippo Ubaldi and Laura Rienzi -- 10. Patient-Tailored Approaches to Ovarian Stimulation in ART / Theodora C. van Tilborg, Frank J.M. Broekmans, Helen L. Torrance and Bart C. Fauser -- 11. Cryopreserved Oocyte Banking: Its Prospects and Promise / Kathryn J. Go, Zsolt Peter Nagy, and Ching-Chien Chang -- 12. Reproductive Tourism / Raphael Ron-El -- Part IV: Evolving Controversies in Contemporary Reproductive Medicine -- 13. Intrauterine Insemination: An Ineffective Treatment / Erica B. Johnstone and Jessie Dorais -- 14. IUI Is a Valuable and Cost-Effective Therapy for Most Couples / Lobke M. Moolenaar, Bradley J. Van Voorhis and Fulco van der Veens -- 15. Vitrification of Human Oocytes and Embryos: An Overview / Juergen Liebermann -- 16. Should We Eliminate Fresh Embryo Transfer from ART? / Daniel J. Kaser, Maria Assens, and Catherine Racowsky -- 17. ICSI Is a Revolutionary Treatment of Male Infertility That Should Be Employed Discriminately and Further Studied / Douglas T. Carrell -- 18. The Need for Long-Term Follow-Up of Children Conceived Through ICSI / Rachel Weinerman, Kurt T. Barnhart, and Suleena Kansal Kalra -- 19. Popularity of ICSI / Gianpiero D. Palermo, Queenie V. Neri, Trina Fields and Zev Rosenwaks -- Part V: Clinical Research Design -- Cohort Designs: Critical Considerations for Reproductive Health.
- Biomechanics of the human urinary bladder 2013, Springer
- Bladder cancer 2010, Springer
- Bladder pain syndrome 2013, SpringerHistorical Perspective / Philip M. Hanno M.D., M.P.H. -- Epidemiology / Mirja Ruutu M.D., Ph.D., F.E.B.U., Mikael Leppilahti MD, PhD -- Diagnostic Criteria, Classification and Nomenclature for Bladder Pain Syndrome / Joop P. van de Merwe MD, PhD, Jørgen Nordling MD, Dr.med.Sci, FEBU -- Part I: Pathophysiology -- Clinical Pathophysiology and Molecular Biology of the Urothelium and the GAG Layer / Gianfranco Tajana, Mauro Cervigni -- Mast Cell and Bladder Pain Syndrome / Kirsten Bouchelouche M.D., D.M.Sc., Pierre Bouchelouche M.D. -- Neurophysiology of Pelvic Pain Mechanisms / Jean-Jacques Wyndaele M.D., D.Sci., Ph.D., Silvia Malaguti M.D. -- Syndromes Associated with Bladder Pain Syndrome as Clues to its Pathogenesis / John W. Warren M.D., Joop P. van de Merwe M.D., Ph.D. -- Part II: Clinical Presentations -- Bladder Pain Syndrome: Clinical Presentation / John Hughes M.B.B.S., F.R.C.A., F.F.P.M.R.C.A. -- Pelvic Floor Dysfunction in Bladder Pain Syndrome / Mauro Cervigni M.D., Franca Natale M.D. -- Psychosocial Risk Factors and Patient Outcomes for Bladder Pain Syndrome / Dean A. Tripp Ph.D., J. Curtis Nickel M.D., F.R.C.S.C. -- Bladder Pain Syndrome and Sexuality / Jennifer Yonaitis Fariello M.S.N., C.R.N.P., Kristene E. Whitmore M.D. -- Part III: Diagnosis -- Symptoms of Bladder Pain Syndrome / John W. Warren M.D., Philip M. Hanno M.D., M.P.H. -- Clinical Evaluation and Diagnosis of Bladder Pain Syndrome / Jennifer Yonaitis Fariello M.S.N., C.R.N.P., Kristene E. Whitmore M.D. -- Urine Biomarkers and Bladder Pain Syndrome / Pierre Bouchelouche M.D., Kirsten Bouchelouche M.D., DMSc. -- Cystoscopy and Hydrodistension in the Diagnosis of Bladder Pain Syndrome / Andrey Zaytsev M.D., Ph.D., Magnus Fall M.D., Ph.D. -- Biopsy Retrieval, Tissue Handling, Morphology, and Histopathological Characteristics / Christina Kåbjörn-Gustafsson, Ralph Peeker -- Urodynamics in BPS / Paul P. Irwin M.Ch., F.R.C.S.I(Urol), Claus Riedl M.D. -- Complementary and Alternative Medical Treatments of Bladder Pain Syndrome / Z. Chad Baxter M.D., Helen R. Levey D.O., M.P.H. -- Diet and Its Role in Bladder Pain Syndrome and Comorbid Conditions / Justin I. Friedlander, Barbara Shorter, Robert M. Moldwin -- Physiotherapy / Amy Rejba Hoffmann M.S.N., Hina M. Sheth M.S., P.T., O.C.S., M.T.C. -- Oral Therapy for Bladder Pain Syndrome Directed at the Bladder / Philip M. Hanno M.D., M.P.H. -- Pain Treatment in Bladder Pain Syndrome / John Hughes M.B.B.S., F.R.C.A., F.F.P.M.R.C.A., Salma Mohammed M.B.B.S., F.R.C.A. -- Intravesical Therapy / Mauro Cervigni M.D., Arndt van Ophoven M.D., Ph.D. -- Hydrodistention, Transurethral Resection and Other Ablative Techniques in the Treatment of Bladder Pain Syndrome / Magnus Fall M.D., Ph.D., Jørgen Nordling M.D., Dr. Med. Sci., F.E.B.U., Ralph Peeker -- Botulinum Toxin Treatment in Bladder Pain Syndrome / Paul P. Irwin M.Ch., F.R.C.S.I. (Urol), Paulo Dinis Oliveria M.D., Ph.D. -- Neurostimulation for Bladder Pain Syndrome / Dominique El-Khawand M.D., Kristene E. Whitmore -- Bladder Augmentation, Urinary Diversion and Cystectomy in Patients with Bladder Pain Syndrome / Jørgen Nordling, Magnus Fall, Ralph Peeker -- Part V: Patient Perspective -- A Patient Perspective / Jane M. Meijlink BA Hons -- Exploratory Research on the Social Costs and Care for Patients with Bladder Pain Syndrome / Loredana Nasta, Simone Montagnoli, Maria Avolio.
- Bladder tumors 2011, Springer
- Botulinum toxin in urology 2011, SpringerSafety and General Principles of Botulinum Toxin Therapies: Pearls From Across Medical Fields -- Biology and Mechanism of Action -- Botulinum Toxin for Neurogenic Detrusor Overactivity -- Overactive Bladder and Idiopathic Detrusor Overactivity -- BoNT for Bladder and Pelvic Pain -- Pediatric Botulinum Toxin Applications -- Botulinum Toxin Injection for Prostate Disorders -- Sphincter and Pelvic Floor Disorders Applications -- Non-urological Uses of Toxin with Genitourinary Insight -- Health Economics of Botulinum Toxin Application -- Perspectives from Around the World: Panorama of Where We Are and Where We Are Going.
- Campbell-Walsh Urology. 10th ed. 2012, MD ConsultFulltext ClinicalKeyv. 1. Anatomy -- Clinical decision making -- Basics of urologic surgery -- Infections and inflammation -- Molecular and cellular biology -- Reproductive and sexual function -- Male genitalia -- v. 2. Renal physiology and pathophysiology -- Upper urinary tract obstruction and trauma -- Renal failure and transplantation -- Urinary lithiasis and endourology -- Neoplasms of the upper urinary tract -- The adrenals -- v. 3. Urine transport, storage, and emptying -- Benign and malignant bladder disorders -- Prostate -- v. 4. Pediatric urology.
- Campbell-Walsh Urology. 9th ed. v. 1-4, 2007.Print Material
- Cancer and sexual health 2011, SpringerFunctional Anatomy of the Male Sex Organs -- Functional Anatomy of the Female Sex Organs -- Physiology of Libido -- Physiology of Orgasm -- Physiology of Female Genital Sexual Arousal -- Physiology of Erection -- Physiology of Ejaculation -- Classifying Female Sexual Dysfunction -- Hypoactive Sexual Desire Disorder -- Disorders of Female Sexual Arousal -- Disorders of Female Orgasm -- Sexual Pain Disorders -- Erectile Dysfunction: Prevalence and Pathophysiology -- Androgen Deficiency -- Peyronie?s Disease -- Disorders of Ejaculation and Male Orgasm -- Priapism -- The Sexual Health Interview: Male -- The Sexual Health Interview: Female -- Communication About Sexuality and Cancer -- Validated Questionnaires in Female Sexual Function Assessment -- Validated Questionnaires in Male Sexual Function Assessment -- Evaluation of the Female with Sexual Dysfunction -- Evaluation of Male Sexual Dysfunction -- The Impact of Cancer on the Partner?s Sexuality -- Gay and Lesbian Patients with Cancer -- The Impact of a Cancer Diagnosis on Sexual Health -- Breast Cancer -- Gynecological Cancers -- Pelvic Surgery for Urological Cancers -- Pelvic Radiation in Men -- Pelvic Radiation in Women -- Impact of Chemotherapy and Hormone Therapy on Female Sexual Health -- Impact of Androgen Deprivation Therapy on Men?s Sexual Health -- Colorectal Cancer -- Stem Cell Transplant --Sexual Health in the Terminally Ill -- Survivorship: An Overview -- Nutriceuticals in Sexual Health -- Medical Treatments for Sexual Problems in Women -- Surgical Treatments for Sexual Problems in Women -- Sex Therapy in Female Sexual Dysfunction -- Erectile Dysfunction: Pharmacological Therapy -- Erectile Dysfunction: Devices -- The Management of Premature Ejaculation -- Testosterone Therapy in the Male Cancer Patient -- Sex Therapy in Male Sexual Dysfunction -- Restoring Intimacy in Relationships Affected by Cancer -- Dating and Disclosure for Cancer Survivors.
- Cancer of the testis 2010, SpringerThe book covers the complete field of testis cancer including the germ cell tumors and the stromal tumors, from epidemiology to new chemotherapeutic agents and schedules, throughout genetic features, risk factors, risk adapted treatments, role of different types of surgery and special clinical situations. Special attention is focused on fertility issues, late effects of the primary therapy and the economical aspects of the different treatment policies. As a result of the third Consensus Conference, a consensual follow-up can be devised and a chapter dedicated to this controversial and not yet defined matter.
- Chronic prostatitis/chronic pelvic pain syndrome 2008, Springer
- Clinical care pathways in andrology 2014, SpringerClinical Care Pathways in Andrology provides a valuable resource for understanding clinical decision-making in the context of the predominant male reproductive and sexual disorders for which patients commonly seek evaluation and treatment. Conditions that are less well-known but can be severely bothersome to patients, such as penile sensory loss, are also presented. Based on clinical evidence and expert consensus, practical clinical care pathways are featured for each condition. Each clinical care pathway consists of an algorithm that delineates the overall structure of decision-making for each condition, describes initial clinical presentations, and guides the reader through diagnostic testing and treatment.
- Clinical urologic endocrinology 2013, Springer1. Anatomy and Physiology of Androgen Regulation in Men / Jerald Marifke and Jay Sandlow -- 2. Development of the Male Reproductive System / Pravin K. Rao and Arthur L. Burnett -- 3. Epidemiology and Diagnosis of Hypogonadism / Mikkel Fode, Susanne A. Quallich, Yacov Reisman, Jens Sønksen, and Dana A. Ohl -- 4. Testosterone and Sexual Function / Wayland Hsiao and John P. Mulhall 5. Treatment of Hypogonadism in Men / Akanksha Mehta, Darius A. Paduch, and Marc Goldstein -- 6. Hypogonadism and Prostate Cancer: To Treat or Not to Treat / Mohit Khera -- 7. Testosterone and Male Infertility / Tung-Chin Hsieh, Matthew McIntyre, and Larry Lipshultz -- 8. Specific Endocrinopathies and Male Infertility / Vincent Harisaran, Eugene Cone, and Kathleen Hwang.
- Color doppler US of the penis 2008, Springer
- Complementary & Alternative Medicine for Prostate and Urologic Health is designed to capture and clinically review the comprehensive database of clinical research articles that support and do not support the utilization of a variety of dietary supplements and other complementary medicines that physicians are exposed to in their daily practice. This is a critical distinction between this book and any other Complementary & Alternative Medicine (CAM) books published to date. Each section of the book provides an easy to reference guide into the topic of interest for the individual that works in urology. The various sub-specialty groups in urology are adequately represented, which allows for a physician to rapidly and thoroughly investigate their topic of interest regardless of whether it is fertility, bladder cancer, or prostate disease. Rather than having to sort through the now thousands of articles published yearly on CAM in medicine, this volume focuses first on the specialty and secondarily how it compares to the overall CAM literature. Each chapter includes a summary page that will allow the physician a rapid review of the subject with a patient, colleague or student.
- Complications of Female Incontinence and Pelvic Reconstructive Surgery reviews the prevention, evaluation and management of complications arising from female pelvic surgery. Potential complications of both routine and specialized female pelvic procedures such as transvaginal slings, cystocele and rectocele repairs, urethral diverticulectomy, and transvaginal mesh repairs are reviewed. The chapters are divided by procedure allowing the reader to easily find what they are looking for. Images and figures of methods of evaluation and repair of these complications are included throughout. The volume is organized based on the specific types of surgeries performed and the user is able to look up the type of surgery performed and immediately find all of the potential complications and their treatments. This text will serve as a comprehensive guide and reference allowing the surgeon quick and ready access to information about the complications of female pelvic surgery.
- Complications of laparoscopic and robotic urologic surgery 2010, SpringerPhysiology of laparoscopy and pneumoperitoneum -- Anesthesia and management of anesthetic complications of laparoscopic urological surgery -- Metabolic and renal complications and immunologic implications of laparoscopic urologic surgery -- Positional and neuromuscular complications of laparoscopic and robotic urologic surgery -- Vascular complications in laparoscopic and robotic urologic surgery -- Urinary and urologic complications of laparoscopic and robotic urologic procedures -- Visceral and gastrointestinal complications of laparoscopic and robotic urologic surgery -- Complications of robotic-assisted laparoscopic surgery: iatrogenic and doulogenic -- Complications of laparoscopic and robotic adrenal surgery -- Complications of laparoscopic radical nephrectomy and nephroureterectomy -- Complications of laparoscopic donor nephrectomy -- Complications of laparoscopic partial nephrectomy -- Complications of robotic partial nephrectomy -- Complications of laparoscopic retroperitoneal lymph node dissection -- Complications of laparoscopic and robotic pyeloplasty -- Complications of laparoscopic and robotic ureteral surgery -- Complications of robotic prostatectomy -- Methods and maneuvers for improving functional outcomes during robotic radical prostatectomy -- Complications of laparoscopic and robotic-assisted radical cystectomy -- Complications of laparoscopic and robotic reconstructive procedures for urinary incontinence and pelvic organ prolapse -- Complications of single port laparoscopic and robotic surgery -- Complications of ablative renal procedures -- Complications of laparoscopic and robotic pediatric urologic surgery -- Medicolegal aspects of minimally invasive urologic surgery.
- Contemporary interventional ultrasonography in urology 2009, Springer
- Contemporary treatment of erectile dysfunction 2011, SpringerAnimal models for the study of erectile function and dysfunction -- Normal erectile physiology -- Psychological aspects of erectile dysfunction -- Epidemiology of erectile dysfunction and key risk factors -- Etiology and risk factors of erectile dysfunction -- Making the diagnosis of erectile dysfunction -- Drugs that affect sexual function -- Oral therapy for erectile dysfunction -- Self-injection, transurethral and topical therapy in erectile dysfunction -- Quantification of erectile dysfunction after prostate cancer treatment -- Vacuum constriction device: a new paradigm for treatment of erectile dysfunction -- Hormonal evaluation and therapy in erectile dysfunction -- Cardiovascular issues in the treatment of erectile dysfunction -- The penile prosthesis option for erectile dysfunction -- The effect of radical prostatectomy on erectile dysfunction -- Peyronie's disease: natural history, diagnosis, and medical therapy -- Peyronie's disease: surgical therapy -- Priapism: medical and surgical therapy -- Ejaculatory disorders.
- Contrast-enhanced ultrasound of the urinary tract 2013, SpringerThis book examines in detail the diagnostic impact of contrast-enhanced ultrasound in the evaluation of urinary tract pathology, paying particular attention to the diagnostic gain that may be expected in relation to other imaging techniques such as CT and MRI. The role of contrast-enhanced ultrasound is evaluated in a range of pathologies, including ischemia, trauma, inflammation, cystic lesions, and solid tumors, as well as in the imaging of anatomic variants. New applications, for example monitoring of kidney transplantation, assessment of urinary bladder lesions, and diagnosis of vesico-ureteric reflux, are also covered. The presented cases, drawn from the authors' personal clinical caseload, include images obtained using multimodality techniques, sometimes with 3D CT reconstruction. The authors' own experiences are compared with the most recent reports in the scientific literature.
- Controversies in uro-oncology 2002, Karger
- CT urography 2007, Ovid
- Cytologic detection of urothelial lesions 2006, Springer
- Development of the perineum in the human 2005, Springer
- Difficult cases in endourology 2013, Springer1. Introduction / Ahmed M. Al-Kandar -- 2. Anesthetic Considerations During Endourologic Surgery / Ahmed M. Labib and Ahmed M. Al-Kandari -- 3. Difficulties in Instrumentation of Endourologic Procedures / Ahmed M. Al-Kandari -- 4. Percutaneous Management of Calyceal Diverticula: An American Experience / Jessica A. Mandeville, Ehud Gnessin, and James E. Lingeman -- 5. Managing Bleeding During Percutaneous Renal Surgery / Ahmed R. El-Nahas, Ahmed M. Shoma, and Ahmed A. Shokeir -- 6. Septic Complications During Percutaneous Nephrolitholotomy (PCNL) / Evangelos Liatsikos and Panagiotis Kallidonis -- 7. Visceral Complications of Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy (PCNL) / Abdelghaffar S. Arafa and Ahmed M. Al-Kandari -- 8. Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy (PCNL) for Staghorn Calculi: The Rigid Approach: Overcoming the Difficulties / Arvind P. Ganpule and Mahesh Desai -- 9. Flexible Renal Nephroscopy: Overcoming the Difficulties / Joseph A. Graversen, Adam C. Mues, and Mantu Gupta -- 10. Chinese Minimally Invasive Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy (MPCNL): Overcoming the Difficulties / Zhaohui He, Guohua Zeng, and Xun Li -- 11. Percutaneous Renal Surgery for Renal Pelvic Tumors: Overcoming the Difficulties / Brian Duty, Michael Blute, Zhamshid Okhunov, Arthur D. Smith, and Zeph Okeke -- 12. Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy (PCNL) in the Treatment of Stones within Horseshoe Kidneys and in Patients with Autosomal Dominant Polycystic Kidney Disease / Ahmed Abed, Ahmed R. El-Nahas, Ahmed M. Al-Kandari, and Ahmed A. Shokeir -- 13. Drainage Systems After Percutanous Renal Procedures / Brian Duty, Zhamshid Okhunov, Arthur D. Smith, and Zeph Okeke -- 14. Retrograde Nephrostomy Access: Overcoming the Difficulties / Khalid Matar Al-Otaibi -- 15. Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy (PCNL): The Supine Approach: Overcoming the Difficulties / Francisco Pedro Juan Daels -- 16. Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy (PCNL) in Obese Patients: Overcoming the Difficulties / Soroush Rais-Bahrami and Arthur D. Smith -- 17. Percutanous Nephrolithotomy (PCNL) for Caliceal Diverticulum: An Egyptian Experience / Ahmed Mohamed Elshal, Ahmed M. Shoma, and Ahmed A. Shokeir -- 18. Endourological Management of Urological Complications Following Renal Transplantation / Ahmed S. El-Hefnawy, Mohamed M. Elsaadany, Shady A. Soliman, Yasser Osman, Ahmed M. Shoma, and Ahmed A. Shokeir -- 19. Difficult Situations in Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy (PCNL) for Solitary Kidney and Renal Failure / Arvind P. Ganpule, Amit Satish Bhattu, and Mahesh Desai -- 20. Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy (PCNL) and Other Simultaneous Procedures / Ravindra B. Sabnis, Raguram Ganesamoni, and Amit Doshi -- 21. Adult Endopyelotomy: Overcoming the Difficulties / Zhamshid Okhunov, Brian Duty, Zeph Okeke, and Arthur D. Smith -- 22. Ureteroscopy for Upper Ureteral Stones: Overcoming the Difficulties of the Rigid Approach / Tamer S. Barakat, Ahmed R. El-Nahas, Ahmed M. Shoma, and Ahmed A. Shokeir -- 23. Uretheroscopy for Upper Ureteric and Renal Stones: Overcoming Difficulties with the Flexible Approach / Jacob Howard Cohen and Michael Grasso III -- 24. Ureteroscopy for Ureteral Strictures / Ahmed M. Harraz, Ahmed M. Shoma, and Ahmed A. Shokeir -- 25. Ureteroscopic Management of Ureteral and Renal Pelvic Tumors: Overcoming the Difficulties / Demetrius H. Bagley and Kelly A. Healy -- 26. Endourologic Management of Non-Malignant Bilharzial Urinary Complications / Hamdy Mohamed Ibrahim, Ahmad Samy Bedair, and Ahmed M. Al-Kandari -- 27. Ureteroscopy During Pregnancy / Hamdy Mohamed Ibrahim and Ahmed M. Al-Kandari -- 28. Pediatric Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy (PCNL): Overcoming the Difficulties / Sinan Zeren and Hakan Çakir -- 29. Pediatric Ureteroscopy: Overcoming the Difficulties / Raguram Ganesamoni, Shashikant Mishra, and Mahesh Desai -- 30. Difficulties with Ureteral Stents / Brandon K. Isariyawongse and Manoj Monga -- 31. Overcoming the Cost Difficulties in Endourology / Ravindra B. Sabnis -- 32. Difficulties in Endourologic Training / Ahmed M. Al-Kandari -- 33. Avoiding and Overcoming Medico-Legal Difficulties in Endourology / Donnaline Richman and James H. Robb.
- Difficult conditions in laparoscopic urologic surgery 2011, SpringerDifficulties in Laparoscopic Access -- Difficulties in Anesthesia for Urologic Laparoscopy -- Difficulties in Urologic Laparoscopic Instrumentation -- Cost-Reductive Measures in Laparoscopy: Tips and Tricks for Developing Countries -- Difficulties in Laparoscopic Simple Nephrectomy -- Difficulties in Transperitoneal Laparoscopic Radical Nephrectomy -- Difficulties in Retroperitoneal Laparoscopic Radical Nephrectomy -- Difficulties in Laparoscopic Live Donor Nephrectomy -- Difficulties in Laparoscopic Nephroureterectomy -- Difficulties in Laparoscopic Partial Nephrectomy -- Difficulties in Laparoscopic Adrenalectomy -- Difficulties in Laparoscopic Renal Cyst Removal and Giant Hydronephrosis Nephrectomy -- Difficulties in Laparoscopic Simple Prostatectomy -- Difficulties in Laparoscopic Radical Prostatectomy -- Difficulties in Robotic Radical Prostatectomy -- Difficulties in Robotic-Assisted Nerve-Sparing Radical Prostatectomy -- Difficulties in Laparoscopic Urologic Surgery in Kidney Transplant Patients and Obese Patients -- Difficulties in Laparoscopic Retroperitoneal Lymph Node Dissection -- Difficulties in Laparoscopic Radical Cystectomy -- Difficulties in Laparoscopic Pyeloplasty -- Difficulties in Laparoscopic Surgery for Urinary Stones -- Difficulties in Laparoscopic Ureteral and Bladder Reconstruction -- Difficulties in Laparoscopic Ureterolysis and Retroperitoneal Lymph Node Dissection -- Difficulties in Laparoscopic Management of Vesicovaginal Fistula -- Difficulties in the Laparoscopic Treatment of Female Genital Prolapse -- Difficulties in Pediatric Laparoscopic Urologic Surgery -- Difficulties in Single-Port Laparoscopic Procedures -- Difficulties in Urologic Laparoscopy Complications -- Difficulties in Laparoscopic Training, Mentoring, and Medico-Legal Issues.
- Drugs compromising male sexual health 2008, SpringerMale sexual health -- Structure and physiology of the testis -- Introduction -- The spermatozoa -- Sperm motility -- Capacitation and acrosome reaction -- Fertilization of the oocyte -- Testing substances that compromise spermatogenesis and fertility (adapted from Creasy 1997) -- Testosterone production and testosterone effects -- Physiology of erection -- Introduction -- Role of androgens in erection -- Priapism -- Physiology of ejaculation -- Drugs which compromise male sexual health -- Adverse drug effects -- Male sexual health and drugs -- Drugs which compromise testicular function -- Drugs which compromise erectile function -- Drugs which compromise ejaculation -- Database of drugs.
- Dynamic contrast-enhanced MRI atlas of prostate cancer 2009, Springer
- Emergencies in urology 2007, Springer
- Endoscopic extraperitoneal radical prostatectomy 2007, Springer
- Endourological management of urogenital carcinoma 2006, Springer
- Endourooncology 2005, SpringerMerging of endourology and oncology: endourooncology / A. El-Hakim, B.R. Lee, and A.D. Smith -- Surgical robots and three-dimensional displays for computer-aided surgery / T. Dohi -- Robot-assisted (Da Vinci) urologic surgery: an emerging frontier / A.K. Hemal and M. Menon -- Robotic surgery assisted by the ZEUS system / M. Eto and S. Naito -- Telesurgery: remote monitoring and assistance laparoscopy / T. Inagaki, S.B. Bhayani, and L.R. Kavoussi -- Remote percutaneous renal access using a telesurgical robotic system / B. Challacombe, L. Kavoussi, and D. Stoianovici -- Radiofrequency ablation for percutaneous treatment of malignant renal tumors / S. Kanazawa, T. Iguchi, K. Yasui, H. Mimura, T. Tsushima, and H. Kumon -- High-intensity focused ultrasound for noninvasive renal tumor thermoablation / A. Häckr, M.S. Michel, and K.U. Köhrmann -- High-intensity focused ultrasound (HIFU) for the treatment of localized prostate cancer / T. Uchida, H. Ohkusa, H. Yamashita, and Y. Nagata -- Renal cryoablation / K. Nakagawa and M. Murai -- Prostate cryoablation / B.J. Donnelly and J.C. Rewcastle -- Tumor control outcome and tolerance of permanent interstitial implanation for patients with clinically localized prostate cancer / Y. Nasu, F. Abarzua, and H. Kumon.
- Essential urologic laparoscopy. 2nd ed. 2010, SpringerGetting started in laparascopy -- Laparoscopic instrumentation -- Laparoscopic access -- Laparoscopic and robotic pelvic lymphadenectomy -- Laparoscopic renal cyst decorticadtion -- Laparoscopic simple nephrectomy -- Laparoscopic readical nephrectomy: transperitoneal approach -- Laparoscopic radical nephrectomy -- Laparoscopic partial nephrectomy -- Laparoscopic nephroureterectomy -- Laparoscopic live donor nephrectomy -- Laparoscopic and robotic pyeloplasty -- Laparoscopic adrenalectomy -- Laparoscopic retroperitoneal lymph node dissection for nonseminomatous germ cell tumors -- Laparoscopic cystectomy and urinary diversion -- Laparoscopic radical cystectomy and urinary diversion with handport assistance -- Laparoscopic and robotic-assisted laparoscopic radical prostatectomy -- Complications of laparoscopic urologic surgery -- Laparoscopic renal ablation.
- Essential urology-- a guide to clinical practice. 2nd ed. 2012, SpringerExtensively revised and updated, the second edition of Essential Urology: A Guide to Clinical Practice provides support to primary care physicians through its review of common genitourinary problems. This edition continues to provide the primary care physician with tools to better recognize urological diseases as well as updated management strategies for these disorders. To enhance the theme of comprehensive care and family medicine, the volume is formatted according to the life cycle and the urological challenges, which may be detected and diagnosed by primary care physicians respective of the patient's stage in life, beginning with pregnancy and in utero diagnoses. Pediatric themes such as infection and voiding dysfunctions are followed by adult urological topics ranging from prostate diseases, nephrolithiasis, overactive bladder syndromes, incontinence and urological cancer screening. Three new chapters are added addressing male infertility/andrology and the growing demand for integrative and alternative medical care of urologic patients, as well as commonly encountered dermatological problems in the genital area.Essential Urology: A Guide to Clinical Practice, Second Edition is extremely comprehensive and yet, very accessible. It is authored by experts representing the spectrum of urological subspecialties, further enhancing the value of this unique work.
- Female urology 2007, Springer
- Female urology. 3rd ed. 2008, ClinicalKey
- Frozen section library. Genitourinary tract 2009, Springer
- One of the most common problems for spinal cord injury patients is urinary system dysfunction. The book Functional Bladder Reconstruction Following Spinal Cord Injury via Neural Approaches introduces how to solve this problem using multi-disciplinary approaches. From animal model studies to surgical techniques as well as successful case reports, six kinds of surgery are presented in separate chapters. This up-to-date monograph will be a valuable resource for surgeons, urologists and neurologists caring for spinal cord injury patients. The contributors are a group of surgeons working in the fields of orthopaedics and microsurgery.
- Genital cutting 2013, SpringerTortured Bodies, Tortured Doctrines: Informed Consent as a Legal Fiction Inapplicable to Neonatal Male Circumcision -- Routine Infant Circumcision: Vital Issues that the Circumcision Proponents may be Overlooking -- The Smart Penis -- The Harm of Circumcision -- Evolution of Circumcision Methods: Not "Just a Snip" -- Penile Wounding: Complications of Routine Male Circumcision in a Typical American Family Practice -- Male Circumcision and the Potential for Unexplained Male Adolescent Suicide in Northern Ireland -- Healing the Harms of Circumcision: A Nursing Case Study -- Ten Years of Training: Family Medicine Residents as Conscientious Objectors to Circumcision -- Intersex Surgeries, Circumcision, and the Making of "Normal" -- Intersex Genital Autonomy: A Rights-Based Framework for Medical Intervention with Intersex Infants -- The SAR/ROHAN (The Possession): A Response of Somali Women to Pharaonic Circumcision/Infibulation (PhC) -- Genital Stretching Among the Venda Ethnic Group (South Africa) -- Male Circumcision Among the Venda of Limpopo (South Africa) -- Critique of African RCTs into Male Circumcision and HIV Sexual Transmission -- Randomized Controlled Trials for HIV/AIDS Prevention Among Men in Africa: Untraced Infections, Unasked Questions, and Unreported Data -- Dangerous Myths and Tragic Misconceptions: Fighting HIV and AIDS Cases in Africa with Male Circumcision Strategies -- Defying the Enlightenment: Jewish Ethnicity and Ethnic Circumcision -- Circumcision: Gender and Power -- Reclaiming Circumcision: Armenian Stories -- Self-Made Intactivism in the Middle East -- Genital Autonomy: A New Approach.
- Genitourinary imaging. 2nd ed. 2007, ClinicalKeyThis title provides an excellent case selection for sharpening diagnostic skills in this challenging subspecialty area. Emphasis is on differential diagnoses and pertinent radiological findings, but the relevant clinical points are also covered. This second edition contains numerous new images (more than 400 total images) as well as an addition of fifty cases. It is cross-referenced to GU RADIOLOGY: The Requisites, 2e. Volume in the Case Review series, covering brain imaging, targeted towards residents, fellows and practicing RadiologistsMimics official exam formats and daily practice environment with a pedagogically anchored format that introduces cases/images as unknowns with three to four questions; then, on the flip side of the page, diagnosis, answers to the questions, additional commentary, references and cross-references to The Requisites volume are supplied in logical succession; blank space is available for note taking. Cases are randomly organized and then divided into three overall categories reflecting three different levels of difficulty.
- Genitourinary pain and inflammation 2008, Springer
- Genitourinary pathology 2007, ClinicalKeyThis volume in the Foundations in Diagnostic Pathology Series packs today's most essential genitourinary pathology know-how into a compact, high-yield format! Its pragmatic, well-organized approach, abundant full-color illustrations, and at-a-glance tables make the information you need easy to access. It covers both neoplastic and non-neoplastic diseases of the genitourinary system. Reviews normal histology before examining abnormal findings. Covers all of the most commonly seen neoplastic and non-neoplastic conditions of the genitourinary system. Uses a consistent, user-friendly format to explore each entity's clinical features pathologic features (gross and microscopic) ancillary studies differential diagnoses and prognostic and therapeutic considerations. Offers hundreds of full-color illustrations that demonstrate the key features of a wide variety of pathologic lesions.
- Genitourinary radiology 2013, Springer1. Renal Neoplasms / Gregory T. MacLennan -- 2. Inflammatory Conditions of the Kidney / Gregory T. MacLennan -- 3. Cystic Diseases of the Kidney / Gregory T. MacLennan -- 4. Renal Calculus Disease / Can Zafer Karaman -- 5. Vascular Disorders of the Kidney / Gregory T. MacLennan -- 6. Medical Renal Disease and Transplantation Considerations / Gregory T. MacLennan -- 7. Non-neoplastic Disorders of the Renal Pelvis and Ureter / Gregory T. MacLennan -- 8. Neoplasms of the Renal Pelvis and Ureter / Gregory T. MacLennan -- 9. Renal and Ureteral Trauma / Vikram S. Dogra -- 10. Nonneoplastic Disorders of the Bladder / Gregory T. MacLennan -- 11. Neoplasms of the Bladder / Gregory T. MacLennan -- 12. Bladder Trauma / Musturay Karcaaltincaba -- 13. Congenital and Acquired Nonneoplastic Disorders of the Urethra / Gregory T. MacLennan -- 14. Neoplasms of the Urethra / Gregory T. MacLennan.
- Genitourinary radiology 2013, SpringerContrast Materials and Contrast Reaction Management -- Congenital and Acquired Nonneoplastic Disorders of the Prostate and Seminal Vesicles -- Neoplasms of the Prostate and Seminal Vesicles -- Congenital and Acquired Nonneoplastic Disorders of the Spermatic Cord and Testicular Adnexae -- Neoplasms of the Spermatic Cord and Testicular Adnexae -- Congenital and Acquired Nonneoplastic Disorders of the Testis -- Neoplasms of the Testis -- Congenital and Acquired Nonneoplastic Disorders of the Penis and Scrotum -- Neoplasms of the Penis and Scrotum -- Congenital and Acquired Nonneoplastic Adrenal Diseases -- Adrenal Neoplasms -- Congenital and Acquired Nonneoplastic Retroperitoneal Disorders -- Retroperitoneal Neoplasms -- Imaging of Urinary Diversion and Neobladder.
- Geriatric urology 2014, SpringerGeriatric urology represents one of the largest overall sectors of care provided within the specialty of urology. As the incidence and prevalence of many clinical urologic conditions increase significantly in older adults, the practice of urology involves a need for advanced knowledge of the basic principles of geriatrics. Geriatric Urology outlines important topics in the care of elderly urology patients. The first section covers the biology of aging, changes in the genitourinary system, and common diseases including urologic conditions that may serve as warning signs of other disorders. Section two covers geriatric syndromes and implications for urologic care including frailty, polypharmacy, dementia, , and wound healing. Urologic conditions in older adults are explored in detail including urinary incontinence, pelvic organ prolapse, urinary tract infection, nocturia, and benign prostate diseases. Other topics covered include obtaining informed consent, development of advance directives, palliative medicine and care of the dying patient. Geriatric Urology is of great value to urologists, geriatricians, internists, residents and family practitioners.
- Glenn's Urologic surgery. 7th ed. 2010, OvidAnatomy of the adrenal glands, kidney, ureter, and pelvis -- Partial nephrectomy -- Radical nephrectomy -- Intracaval tumors -- Transplant nephrectomy -- Renovascular disease -- Anatrophic nephrolithotomy -- Renal and retroperitoneal abscesses -- Renal trauma -- Renal allotransplantation -- Ureteral complications following renal transplantation -- Renal autotransplantation -- Anatomy of the bladder -- Simple and partial cystectomy -- Radical cystectomy in men -- Radical cystectomy in women -- Bladder diverticulectomy -- Bladder augmentation -- Management of the distal ureter for nephrourecterectomy -- Vesicovaginal fistula -- Enterovesical and rectourethral fistulas -- Vesical trauma and hemorrhage -- Interstitial cystitis/painful bladder syndrome -- Anatomy of the prostate -- Surgery for benign prostatic hypertrophy -- Prostatic imaging and biopsy -- Pelvic lymphadenectomy -- Open radical retropubic prostatectomy -- Radical perineal prostatectomy -- Brachytherapy for localized prostate cancer -- Anatomy of the urethra -- Female urethral diverticulum -- Reconstruction of the female urethra -- Surgical management of the incompetent bladder outlet in the patient with a neurogenic bladder -- Surgery for urethral stricture disease -- Surgery for urethral trauma including urethral disruption -- Carcinoma of the female urethra -- Carcinoma of the male urethra -- Injectable therapies for incontinence in women -- Pubovaginal fascial slings -- Synthetic midurethral retropubic slings -- The transobturator approach to the midurethral sling -- Abdominal retropubic approaches for female incontinence -- The artificial urinary sphincter -- The male sling for postprostatectomy incontinence: current concepts and controversies -- Sacral neuromodulation -- Surgical treatment of pelvic organ prolapse: anatomy of the pelvic floor -- Vaginal hysterectomy for uterine prolapse -- Cystocele and anterior vaginal prolapse -- Transvaginal repair of apical prolapse -- Posterior vaginal prolapse repair -- Abdominal sacral colpopexy -- Anatomy of the epididymis, vas deferens, and seminal vesicle -- Seminal vesicle and ejaculatory duct surgery -- Vasectomy.; Vasoepididymostomy -- Vasovasostomy -- Microsurgical varicocelectomy -- Testis biopsy and testicular sperm extraction (TESE) -- Epididymal sperm aspiration -- Epididymectomy -- Ejaculation induction procedures: penile vibratory stimulation and electroejaculation -- Anatomy of the testis -- Simple orchiectomy -- Inguinal orchiectomy -- Organ-preserving surgery in testicular tumors -- Retroperitoneal lymphadenectomy -- Torsion of the testicle -- Scrotal trauma and reconstruction -- Anatomy of the penis and scrotum -- Partial and total penectomy in the management of invasive squamous cell carcinoma of the penis -- Inguinal lymphadenectomy for penile carcinoma -- Surgical treatment of Peyronie disease -- Priapism -- Penile prosthesis implantation -- Penile venous surgery -- Microvascular arterial bypass surgery for erectile dysfunction -- Penile trauma -- Penile replantation -- Varicocele: general considerations -- Hydrocele and spermatocele -- Congenital curvature -- Reconstruction of the penis for complications of penile enhancement surgery --Ileal conduit urinary diversion -- Transverse colonic conduit -- Managing the with patient orthotopic bladder substitution -- Orthotopic urinary diversion using in ileal low-pressure reservoir with an afferent tubular segment -- Ileal neobladder -- The Padua ileal bladder -- The T-pouch ileal neobladder -- Colonic orthotopic bladder substitution -- Continent catheterizable reservoir made from ileum -- Continent catheterizable reservoir made from colon -- Ureterosigmoidostomy: Mainz pouch II -- Palliative urinary diversion -- Neuroblastoma -- Wilms tumor -- Renal fusion and ectopia -- Transureteroureterostomy -- Pyeloplasty -- Megaureter -- Prune belly (triad) syndrome -- Childhood rhabdomyosarcoma -- Vesicoureteral reflux -- Endoscopic treatment of vesicoureteral reflux -- Ureteroceles -- Urachal anomalies and related umbilical disorders -- Vesical neck reconstruction -- Surgery for posterior urethral valves -- Hypospadias -- Complete primary repair for exstrophy -- Bladder exstrophy and epispadias -- Congenital anomalies of the scrotum -- Pediatric cryptorchidism, hydroceles, and hernias -- Laparoscopic management of the undescended testicle -- Pediatric laparoscopic pyeloplasty -- Pediatric laparoscopic nephrectomy and partial nephrectomy.; Urogenital sinus and cloacal anomalies -- Surgery to correct ambiguous genitalia (46XX disorder of sexual development) -- Circumcision -- Augmentation cystoplasty in children -- The mitrofanoff procedure in pediatric urinary tract reconstruction -- Basic principles of laparoscopy: transperitoneal, extraperitoneal, and hand-assisted techniques -- Laparoscopic pelvic and retroperitoneal lymph node dissection -- Laparoscopic nephrectomy and partial nephrectomy -- Laparoscopic nephroureterectomy -- Laparoscopic renal procedures: renal cystectomy, biopsy, and nephropexy -- Laparoscopic ablation of small renal masses -- Donor nephrectomy: laparoscopic techniques -- Laparoscopic and robotically assisted pyeloplasty in adults -- Laparoscopic adrenalectomy -- Laparoscopic and robotic radical prostatectomy -- Laparoscopic management of lymphoceles -- Laparoscopic bladder procedures: radical cystectomy, partial cystectomy, urachal excision, diverticulectomy -- Laparoscopic bladder neck suspension -- Miscellaneous laparoscopic urologic procedures: calculus, varicocele, ureterolysis -- Tissue-engineering strategies for urogenital repair -- Image-guided therapy: current practice and future directions -- Robotic surgery -- Energy sources in urology.
- Guide to pediatric urology and surgery in clinical practice 2011, SpringerUrinary tract infection: USA -- Urinary tract infection: United Kingdom -- Urinary tract infection: Europe -- Urinary tract infection: Australasia -- Abnormalities of the scrotum -- Disorders of male external genitalia: problems of the penis and foreskin -- Disorders of male external genitalia: hypospadias, epispadias, concealed penis, and urethral disorders -- Disorders of male external genitalia: undescended testis -- Disorders of male external genitalia: circumcision -- Disorders of the female external genitalia -- Disorders of elimination: voiding dysfunction -- Disorders of elimination: nocturnal enuresis -- Disorders of elimination: constipation -- Hematuria and proteinuria -- Abdominal pain: urological aspects -- External angular dermoid and pilomatrixoma -- Neck swellings/lumps: midline neck swellings -- Neck swellings/lumps: lateral neck lumps -- Neck swellings/lumps: torticollis -- Umbilical disorders -- Surgical aspects of abdominal pain -- Approach to abdominal masses -- Gastro-esophageal reflux disease -- Rectal bleeding -- Intestinal obstruction -- Unique considerations in the neonate and infant: bile-stained vomiting in the neonate -- Unique considerations in the neonate and infant: pyloric stenosis -- Unique considerations in the neonate and infant: intussusception -- Hemangioma and lymphangioma.
- Handbook of dialysis therapy. 4th ed. 2008, ClinicalKey
- Handbook of office urological procedures 2008, Springer1. Sutures and scalpels / Hashim Hashim -- 2. Electrosurgical diathermy / Hashim Hashim -- 3. Urinary catheters / Hashim Hashim -- 4. Urological endoscopic equipment / Hashim Hashim -- 5. Local anesthesia and nerve blocks / Hashim Hashim -- 6. Reduction of torsion of testis and fixation / Hashim Hashim and Paul Abrams -- 7. Simple and subcapsular orchidectomies (orchiectomies) / Hashim Hashim and Paul Abrams -- 8. Radical orchidectomy (orchiectomy) / Hashim Hashim and Paul Abrams -- 9. Insertion of testicular prosthesis (implant) / Hashim Hashim and Paul Abrams -- 10. Testicular biopsy / Hashim Hashim and Paul Abrams -- 11. Hydrocele repair in adults / Hashim Hashim and Paul Abrams -- 12. Excision of epididymal cyst or spermatocele / Hashim Hashim and Paul Abrams -- 13. Vasectomy / Hashim Hashim and Paul Abrams -- 14. Epididymectomy / Hashim Hashim and Paul Abrams -- 15. Inguinal orchidopexy (orchiopexy) / Hashim Hashim and Paul Abrams -- 16. Varicocelectomy / Hashim Hashim and Paul Abrams -- 17. Circumcision / Christopher Wolter and Roger Dmochowski -- 18. Optical urethrotomy / Christopher Wolter and Roger Dmochowski -- 19. Urethral dilation / Christopher Wolter and Roger Dmochowski -- 20. Injectables / Christopher Wolter, Roger Dmochowski and Hashim Hashim -- 21. Transrectal ultrasound scan and biopsy of the prostate / Hashim Hashim and Paul Abrams -- 22. Urodynamics / Christopher Wolter and Roger Dmochowski -- 23. Flexible cystoscopy / Christopher Wolter and Roger Dmochowski -- 24. Rigid cystoscopy / Christopher Wolter and Roger Dmochowski 124 -- 25. Suprapubic catheterization / Christopher Wolter and Roger Dmochowski -- 26. Cystodiathermy / Christopher Wolter and Roger Dmochowski -- 27. Cystodistension (hydrodistension) / Hashim Hashim and Paul Abrams -- 28. Extracorporeal shockwave lithotripsy (ESWL) / Christopher Wolter and Roger Dmochowski -- 29. Insertion of double-J stent / Christopher Wolter and Roger Dmochowski -- 30. Retrograde pyelography / Hashim Hashim and Paul Abrams -- 31. Ureteroscopy (semi-rigid) / Hashim Hashim and Paul Abrams.
- Handbook of urology 2014, ebrarySection 1. Infections -- section 2. Urinary lithiasis -- section 3. Reproductive and sexual function -- section 4. Emergency urology -- section 5. Urine storage and emptying -- section 6. Oncology -- section 7. Congenital and acquired disease.
- Handbook of urology. 3rd ed. 2004, Ovid
- Human papillomavirus 2009, Springer
- Images in urology 2012, SpringerIntroduction -- The Production of Radiological and Histopathological Images -- Kidneys and Ureters -- The Adrenal -- The Retroperitoneum -- The Bladder -- The Prostate -- The Testes and Their Adnexae -- The Penis -- Urodynamics.
- Imaging and focal therapy of early prostate cancer 2013, SpringerImaging and Focal Therapy of Early Prostate Cancer evaluates the scientific evidence for the evolving trend to treat low to intermediate risk, clinically localized prostate cancer in a focally ablative manner with novel gland-preserving, focal therapy methods. Various ablative devices such as high intensity focused ultrasound, irreversible electroporation, photodynamic therapy, cryotherapy and laser ablation, among others, are discussed in regard to their strengths and limitations as a therapeutic modality. Emphasis is placed on tumor stage shift towards early stage disease with an increase in unilateral versus bilateral cancers validated by final pathology assessment of large prostatectomy series. Current and new approaches to image cancer foci within the prostate (3-Dimensional contrast-enhanced transrectal ultrasonography, multiparametric magnetic resonance image with spectroscopy, ETC) are presented along with biopsy techniques to map prostate cancer. Patient selection, treatment strategy, outcomes and safety concerns that may provide acceptable cancer control and improved quality of life for patients are all covered in detail. Written by experts in the field and lavishly illustrated with detailed line-art and photographs, Imaging and Focal Therapy of Early Prostate Cancer is a resourceful volume beneficial to practitioners specializing in the treatment and management of prostate cancer.
- Imaging and technology in urology 2012, SpringerPart 1.Imaging: Radiology --Principles of X-Ray Production and Radiation Protection /Christopher T. L. Wilkinson --How to Perform a Clinical Radiograph and Use a C-Arm /Christopher T. L. Wilkinson --Contrast Agents /Paul M. Taylor --How to Do an IVU /Paul M. Taylor --Dual Energy X-Ray Absorptiometry (DXA) /Richard Whitehouse --The Physics of Ultrasound /Paul M. Taylor --How to Ultrasound a Suspected Renal Mass /Michael J. Weston --How to Ultrasound a Painful Testis and a Testicular Mass /Michael J. Weston --How to Perform a Transrectal Ultrasound Scan and Prostate Biopsy /Fady Youssef and John B. Anderson --How to Manage a Hydronephrotic Kidney /Michael J. Weston --Principles of Computed Tomography (CT) /Catherine O'Dwyer --How to Do a CT Urogram (CTU) /Paul M. Taylor --How to Do a CT in a Patient with Presumed Upper Tract Trauma /Jonathan Smith --Principles of Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) /Jonathan Smith --How to Do an MRI of the Pelvis /Jonathan Smith --Magnetic Resonance Angiography (MRA) /Kieran O'Flynn --Vascular Embolisation Techniques in Urology /Alistair Cowie.Part 2.Imaging: Nuclear Medicine --Radionuclides and Their Uses in Urology /Richard Lawson --Counting and Imaging in Nuclear Medicine /Richard Lawson --Principles of Positron Emission Tomography (PET) Scanning /Heather A. Williams --How to Do a Renogram /Mary Prescott --How to Do a Diuresis Renogram /Mary Prescott --How to Do a DMSA Scan /Jackie James --How to Do a Radioisotope Glomerular Filtration Rate Study /Richard Lawson --How to Do a Bone Scan /Mary Prescott --How to Do a Transplant Renogram /Mary Prescott --Dynamic Sentinel Lymph Node Biopsy in Penile Cancer /Hussain M. Alnajjar and Nicholas A. Watkin --Part 3.Technology: Diagnostic --Urinalysis /David G. Ross --Principles of Urine Microscopy and Microbiological Culture /Chinari P. K. Subudhi --Measurement of Glomerular Filtration Rate (GFR) /Stephen Brown --Metabolic Assessment of Urinary Tract Stones /Adrian D. Joyce --Principles of Pressure Measurement /Ian Pearce --Principles of Measurement of Urinary Flow /Richard Napier-Hemy --How to Carry Out a Videocystometrogram (VCMG) /Alexander Springer, Ian Eardley and Ramnath Subramaniam --The Whitaker Test /Jeremy Oates and Kieran O'Flynn --Sphincter Electromyography (EMG) /Katherine E. Burnett and Christopher D. Betts --Tumour Markers /Richard Khafagy and William Cross --Urine Cytology /William Cross and Richard Khafagy --Histopathological Processing, Staining, and Immuno-histochemistry /Lorna McWilliam.Part 4.Technology: Operative --Principles of Urological Endoscopes /Luke Gordon --Rigid Endoscope Design /Luke Gordon --Light Sources, Light Leads, and Camera Systems /Stuart N. Lloyd and Adrian D. Joyce --Peripherals for Endoscopic Use /Stuart N. Lloyd and Steve Payne --Peripherals for Laparoscopic Use /Andrew Sinclair --Peripherals for Mechanical Stone Manipulation /Karyee Chow --Contact Lithotripters /Steve Payne --Endoscopic Use of Laser Energy /Omar Al Kadhi and Tev Aho --Double J Stents and Nephrostomy /Steve Payne --Urinary Catheters, Design, and Usage /Dave Shackley --Prostatic and Urethral Stents /Ian Eardley --Urological Prosthetics /Duncan J. Summerton and Ian Eardley --Meshes in Stress Urinary Incontinence and Pelvic Organ Prolapse /Neil Harris --Biological Meshes /Ian Eardley, Giulio Garaffa and David J. Ralph --Principles of Tissue Transfer in Urology /Giulio Garaffa, David J. Ralph and Ian Eardley --Theatre Design and Patient Safety /Pat McHugh and Steve Payne --Deep Venous Thrombosis (DVT) Prevention /Pat McHugh --Principles of Decontamination /Geoff J. H. Sjogren and Ralph Beard --Operative Tissue Destruction /Steve Payne --Sutures and Clips /Derek Fawcett --Monopolar Diathermy /Kieran O'Flynn --Bipolar Diathermy /Kieran O'Flynn --Alternatives to Electrosurgery /Adrian D. Joyce --Haemostatic Agents, Sealants, and Adhesives /Ian Eardley --Irrigation Fluids and Their Hazards /Stuart N. Lloyd --Insufflants and Their Hazards /Stephen Bromage and Andrew Sinclair --Laparoscopic Ports /Ben Sherwood and Dan Burke --Setting up a Robot /Ben Sherwood and Dan Burke.Part 5.Technology: Interventional --Neuromodulation by Sacral Nerve Stimulation /Cecile Tawadros, Katherine E. Burnett and Christopher D. Betts --Principles of Extracorporeal Shockwave Lithotripsy (ESWL) /Richard Napier-Hemy and Steve Payne --How to Carry Out Shockwave Lithotripsy /David G. Ross --Prostatic Hyperthermia /Ian Pearce --Ablative Therapies: High-Intensity Focused Ultrasound (HIFU), Cryotherapy, and Radio-Frequency Ablation (RFA) /Stephen Brown --Principles of Radiotherapy /John P. Logue --Electro-Motive Drug Administration (EMDA) /Vijay Sangar --Part 6.Technology of Renal Failure --Principles of Renal Replacement Therapy (RRT) /Colin D. Short --Principles of Peritoneal Dialysis /Philip A. Kalra --Haemodialysis /Rosie Donne --Principles of Renal Transplantation /Neil R. Parrott --Part 7.Assessment of Technology --Randomised Controlled Trials (RCTs) /Kieran O'Flynn --Health Technology Assessment /Robert Pickard, Michael Drinnan and Luke Vale.
- Imaging and urodynamics of the lower urinary tract. 2nd ed. 2010, SpringerPart 1. The Bladder -- The Normal Bladder -- Imaging Modalities Used for Assessment of the Bladder -- Congenital Anomalies of the Bladder -- Intraluminal Abnormalities of the Bladder -- Abnormalities of the Bladder Wall or Mural Abnormalities -- Staging of Bladder Cancer -- Abnormal Bladder Contour or Size -- Functional Abnormalities of the Bladder -- Part 2. The Urethra -- The Normal Urethra -- Congenital Anomalies of the Urethra -- Intraluminal Abnormalities and Filling Defects of the Urethra -- Intrinsic Abnormalities of the Urethral Wall -- Lower Urinary Tract Trauma -- Neoplasms of the Urethra.
- Imaging in oncological urology 2009, Springer
- Imaging of urinary tract diverticula 2014, Springer1. Diagnostics of pelvicalyceal diverticula -- 2. Diagnostics of ureteral diverticula -- Diagnostic Imaging of urinary bladder diverticula -- 4. Urethral diverticula -- Appendix.
- Imaging of urogenital diseases 2009, Springer
- Immunology of the female genital tract 2014, Springer
- Interstitial prostate brachytherapy 2013, SpringerProstate brachytherapy has been the subject of heated debate among surgeons and the proponents of the various brachytherapy methods. This very first interdisciplinary book on the subject provides a comprehensive overview of innovations in low dose rate (LDR), high dose rate (HDR), and pulsed dose rate (PDR) interstitial brachytherapy for the management of local or locally advanced prostate cancer. In addition to detailed chapters on patient selection and the use of imaging in diagnostics, treatment guidance, and implantation control, background chapters are included on related medical physics issues such as treatment planning and quality assurance. The results obtained with the different treatment options and the difficult task of salvage treatment are fully discussed. All chapters have been written by internationally recognized experts in their fields who for more than a decade have formed the teaching staff responsible for the successful GEC-ESTRO/EAU Prostate Brachytherapy Teaching Course. This book will be invaluable in informing residents and others of the scientific background and potential of modern prostate brachytherapy. It will also prove a useful source of up-to-date information for those who specialize in prostate brachytherapy or intend to start an interstitial brachytherapy service.
- Interventional management of urological diseases 2006, Springer
- Interventional nephrology 2014, Springer1. Pre-operative Evaluation -- History -- 2. Pre-operative Evaluation -- Physical Examination -- 3. Admission After Intervention -- When and Why -- 4. Communicating Effectively for Interventional Nephrologists -- 5. Anticoagulants and Thrombolytics -- 6. Non-invasive Screening and Testing for PAD in CKD patients -- 7. Overview of PAD Treatment in the CKD Population: Indications, Medical Strategies, and Endovascular Techniques -- 8. Unconventional Venous Access: Percutaneous Translumbar and Transhepatic Venous Access for Hemodialysis -- 9. Approach to a Non-Functioning Catheter -- 10. Approach to the Infected Catheter -- 11. Approach to a Patient Referred for Vascular Mapping -- 12. Approach to Arteriovenous Access -- 13. Approach to a Patient with Non-maturing AV Fistula -- 14. Approach to an Arteriovenous Access with Hyperpulsatile Pulse -- 15. Approach to an Arteriovenous Access with a Faint Thrill -- 16. Approach to an Arteriovenous Access with No Thrill, Bruit, or Pulse -- 17. Approach to Patient with Arteriovenous Access Presenting with Hand Pain -- 18. Central Vein Stenosis -- 19. Approach to a Patient with Pseudoaneurysm -- 20. Approach to Chest Pain During Dialysis -- 21. Approach to Cyanotic Digits and Hand Paresis -- 22. Approach to an Abnormal Surveillance Measurement -- 23. Arterial Stenosis Affecting Arteriovenous Fistulae and Grafts in Hemodialysis Patients: Approach to Diagnosis and Management -- 24. Approach to the Patient with Suspected Renal Artery Stenosis -- 25. Vascular Injury During Interventions -- 26. Pulmonary Embolism Associated with Dialysis Access Procedure -- 27. Stent Migration -- 28. Foreign Body Retrieval -- 29. Contrast and Medication Allergic Reactions -- 30. The Management of Serious Adverse Events Associated with Interventional Procedures -- 31. Preoperative Evaluation of a Patient for Peritoneal Dialysis Catheter -- Operative Considerations for Peritoneal Dialysis Catheter -- Approach to a Patient with Visceral Perforation.
- Invasive bladder cancer 2007, Springer
- Key clinical trials in erectile dysfunction [abstract] 2007, Springer
- Kidney and pancreas transplantation 2011, SpringerThe Immune response to transplanted organs / William M. Baldwin III, Anna Valujskikh, Peter N. Lalli, and Robert L. Fairchild -- The Histocompatibility laboratory in clinical transplantation / Diane J. Pidwell and Peter N. Lalli -- Immunosuppressive therapy in kidney and pancreas transplantation / George Thomas, Saul Nurko, and Titte R. Srinivas -- Clinical pharmacologic principles and immunosuppression / Patricia West-Thielke and Bruce Kaplan -- Pathology of kidney and pancreas transplantation / Lillian Gaber and Byron P. Croker -- Design, conduct, and report of clinical trials of immunosuppressive regimens in solid organ transplantation / Agnes Costello and D. Scott Batty, Jr. -- Outcomes of kidney and pancreas transplantation / Titte R. Srinivas, Herwig-Ulf Meier-Kriesche, and Jesse D. Schold -- Medical and surgical evaluation of the adult kidney transplant candidate / Richard A. Fatica, Stuart M. Flechner, and Titte R. Srinivas -- Selection and preparation of the pancreas transplant recipient / Ho-Yee Tiong and Venkatesh Krishnamurthi -- Kidney transplant recipient surgery / Daniel A. Shoskes -- Issues and surgical techniques to expand the pool of kidneys available for transplantation / Charles S. Modlin III and Charles S. Modlin, Jr. -- Pancreas transplantation: surgical techniques / Alvin C. Wee and Venkatesh Krishnamurthi -- Laparoscopic living kidney donation / Wesley M. White and Jihad H. Kaouk -- Perioperative and anesthetic management in kidney and pancreas transplantation management / Jerome F. O'Hara Jr. and Samuel A. Irefin -- Surgical complications after kidney transplantation / Stuart M. Flechner -- Urological complications after kidney transplantation / Islam A. Ghoneim and Daniel A. Shoskes -- Medical management of kidney transplant recipients / Vidya Vootukuru and Brian Stephany -- Infectious complications: prevention and management / Robin K. Avery, Michelle Lard, and Titte R Srinivas -- Living kidney donation: pre- and post-donation evaluation and management / Jonathan Taliercio and Emilio D. Poggio -- Psychology, quality of life and rehabilitation after kidney and pancreas transplantation / Kathy L. Coffman -- Kidney allocation system for deceased donor kidneys in the United States / Islam A. Ghoneim and David A. Goldfarb -- Ethics of transplantation / David A. Goldfarb and Jerome F. O'Hara, Jr. -- World wide long-term (20-40 years) renal transplant outcomes and classification of long-term patient and allograft survivals / William E. Braun, Sankar Navaneethan, and Deborah Protiva -- Quantitative aspects of clinical reasoning: measuring endpoints and performance / Jesse D. Schold -- The Business of transplantation / Art Thomson.
- Kidney and urinary tract diseases in the newborn 2014, Springer
- Indication, Collection, and Laboratory Processing of Cytologic Samples -- The Cellular and Acellular Components of the Urinary Sediment -- The Cytologic Makeup of the Urinary Sediment According to the Collection Technique -- Cytologic Manifestations of Benign Disorders Affecting Cells of the Lower Urinary Tract -- Tumors and Related Conditions of the Bladder and Lower Urinary Tract -- Urine-Based Assays Complementing Cytologic Examination in the Detection of Urothelial Neoplasm.
- Upper Urinary Tract (Kidney, Ureter and Adrenal Gland) / Jens-Uwe Stolzenburg, Rowan Casey, Jens Mondry, Minh Do and Anja Dietel, et al. -- Lympadenectomy / Ingolf A. Türk, Rowan Casey, Jens-Uwe Stolzenburg, Panagiotis Kallidonis and Minh Do, et al. -- Urinary Bladder and Prostate / Thilo Schwalenberg, Jochen Neuhaus, Panagiotis Kallidonis, Evangelos N. Liatsikos and Jens-Uwe Stolzenburg, et al. -- Paediatric Urology / Holger Till, Jens-Uwe Stolzenburg and Ulrike Waldschmidt -- Miscellaneous / Jens-Uwe Stolzenburg, Evangelos N. Liatsikos, Thilo Schwalenberg, Tim Häfner and Minh Do, et al.
- Laparoscopic techniques in uro-oncology 2009, Springer
- Laparoscopic urologic surgery in malignancies 2005, Springer
- Learning genitourinary and pelvic imaging 2012, SpringerThis introduction to genitourinary and pelvic radiology is a further volume in the Learning Imaging series. Written in a case-based format, the book is subdivided into ten chapters: kidney; adrenal gland; urinary bladder, collecting system and urethra; prostate and seminal vesicles; scrotum; obstetrics; uterus; cervix and vagina; adnexa and retroperitoneum. Genitourinary radiology has undergone a tremendous change owing to advances in ultrasound, CT and MRI that have redefined our understanding of genitourinary and pelvic pathology. Each chapter includes an introduction and ten case studies with illustrations and comments from anatomical, physiopathological and radiological standpoints and with bibliographic recommendations. Learning Genitourinary and Pelvic Imaging will be of value for radiologists, radiology residents, medical students and anybody else working in genitourinary and pelvic pathology.Learning Imaging is a unique case-based series for those in professional education in general and for physicians in particular.
- Male fertility and lipid metabolism 2003, CRCnetBASE
- Male genital lesions 2013, SpringerPart 1.Fundamentals --Embryology and Functional Anatomy of the Male External Genitalia --Diagnosis --Fundamentals in Dermatopathology --Part 2.Non-Infectious Inflammatory Disorders of the Male Genitalia --Eczematous Dermatoses --Papulosquamous Dermatoses --Ulcerative Dermatoses --Vesicobullous Dermatoses --Granulomatous Dermatoses --Part 3.Infectious Disorders of the Male Genitalia --Nonsexually Transmitted Infections --Sexually Transmitted Infections --Part 4.Benign Specialized Disorders of the Male Genitalia --Pigmentary Lesions/Pigmentary Skin Changes --Cystic, Nodular, and Papular Lesions --Vascular Lesions --Miscellaneous Benign Disorders --Part 5.Systemic Diseases and the Male External Genitalia --Systemic Disorders Affecting the Genital Skin --Part 6.Premalignant and Malignant Disorders of the Male Genitalia --Premalignant Lesions of the Penis --Squamous Cell Carcinoma and Secondary Tumors of the Penis and Scrotum --Nonsquamous Malignant Neoplasms of the Penis and Scrotum.
- Male LUTS/BPH made easy 2014, SpringerMale LUTS/BPH Made Easy is an up-to-date comprehensive reference on the management of Lower Urinary Tract Symptoms (LUTS) due to Benign Prostatic Enlargement (BPE), which incorporates all of the key issues in the field of management of male lower urinary tract symptoms and benign prostatic disease. Male LUTS/BPH Made Easy aims to update the reader on the most current treatments and assist in clinical decision making based on the latest evidence.
- Male sexual function. 2nd ed. 2006, SpringerNormal anatomy and physiology / Paul Milhoua, Daniel Lowe, and Arnold Melman -- Epidemiology of erectile dysfunction / Ridwan Shabsigh -- Cardiac issues related to erectile dysfunction / Thorsten Reffelmann and Robert A. Kloner -- How a primary care clinician approaches erectile dysfunction / Richard Sadovsky and Kevin Custis -- Psychological aspects related to erectile dysfunction / Michael A. Perelman -- Hormonal evaluation and treatment / Jeremy P.W. Heaton and Alvaro Morales -- Radical prostatectomy and other pelvic surgeries: effects on erectile function / Muammer Kendirici, Jeffrey Bejma, Wayne J.G. Hellstrom -- Drugs that affect male sexual function / Benjamin K. Yang and Craig F. Donnatucci -- Neurogenic sexual dysfunction in men and women / Kazem M. Azadozoi and Mike B. Siroky -- Female sexual dysfunction / Irwin Goldstein -- Evaluation of the patient with erectile dysfunction / Jeffrey C. LaRochelle and Laurence A. Levine --Oral therapy for erectile dysfunction / Raymond W. Pak and Gregory A. Broderick -- Intracavernosal injection with vasoactive agents / Alice K. Tsao and Ajay Nehra -- Topical and intra-urethral therapy / John C. Hairston, Edguardo Becher, and Kevin T. McVary -- Vacuum erection devices / Hunter Wessells -- Penile implants / Steven K. Wilson and John J. Mulcahy -- Peyronie's disease: history and medical therapy / J. Slade Hubbard and Culley C. Carson -- Peyronie's disease: surgical therapy / Gerald H. Jordan -- Vascular surgery for erectile dysfunction / William O. Brant ... [et al.] -- Priapism / Lawrence S. Hakim -- Ejaculatory disorders / Chris G. McMahon -- Gene therapy for erectile dysfunction / Thomas R. Magee, Jacob Rajfer, and Nestor F. Gonzalez-Cavidad.
- Management of erectile dysfunction in clinical practice 2007, Springer
- Management of penile cancer 2014, SpringerManagement of Penile Cancer provides a comprehensive and state-of-the-art overview of the major issues specific to the field of penile cancer. The sections of the book are structured to review the overall scope of issues of penile cancer, including diagnosis and staging, surgical approaches, and the treatment of advanced disease. As multidisciplinary care is an integral part of the treatment of penile cancer, this book is unique in the inclusion of collaborating authors from a variety of integrated disciplines, including urology, radiation oncology, medical oncology, and reconstructive surgery. Written by recognized experts in their field, Management of Penile Cancer is a unique and valuable resource in the field of penile cancer, both for those currently in training and for those already in clinical or research practice.
- Management of prostate cancer-- a multidisciplinary approach 2012, SpringerEpidemiology of Prostate Cancer in Europe /Ruben G. Cremers and Lambertus A. Kiemeney --Chemoprevention of Prostate Cancer /Bertrand Tombal --Individual and Mass Screening /Chris H. Bangma, Pim J. van Leeuwen and Monique J. Roobol --Anatomo-Pathology /Theodorus H. Van der Kwast --Biomarkers for Prostate Cancer /Gisele H. J. M. Leyten, Peter F. A. Mulders and Jack A. Schalken --Diagnosis, Clinical Work Up, TNM Classification, Markers /Jean-Luc Descotes and Anne-Sophie Gauchez --Active Surveillance for Favorable Risk Prostate Cancer: Background, Patient Selection, Triggers for Intervention, and Outcomes /Laurence Klotz --Open Radical Prostatectomy /Hein van Poppel and Steven Joniau --Robot-Assisted Radical Prostatectomy /Stefan Carlsson and Nils Peter Wiklund --Permanent Prostate Brachytherapy /Jan J. Battermann --High-Dose-Rate Brachytherapy: Indications, Technique, and Results /Alberto Bossi, Rodolfe Verstraet, Lucie Calmels and Pierre Blanchard --Intensity Modulated Radiotherapy for Prostate Cancer /Olivier Chapet, Corina Udrescu and Ciprian Enachescu --Combination of Androgen Deprivation Therapy and Radiation Therapy for Locally Advanced and Localized Prostate Cancer /Michel Bolla and Camille Verry --Postoperative Irradiation: Immediate or Early Delayed? /Dirk Bottke and Thomas Wiegel --High-Intensity Focused Ultrasound (HIFU) for Prostate Cancer /Albert Gelet, Sebastien Crouzet, Olivier Rouviere and Jean-Yves Chapelon --Cryotherapy /Matvey Tsivian and Thomas J. Polascik --Follow-up After Radical Treatments and Relapse /Nicolas Mottet --First-Line Hormonal Manipulation of Prostate Cancer /Suresh Venugopal and John Anderson --Resistance to Chemical Castration: Second-Line Hormonal Treatment /Yohann Loriot, Christophe Massard and Karim Fizazi --Targeted Therapies and Vaccination /Guru Sonpavde and Cora N. Sternberg --How to Interpret Results? /Laurence Collette --Management of Prostate Cancer: EAU Guidelines on Screening, Diagnosis and Treatment /Axel Heidenreich --Better Patients' Perspective /Louis J. Denis.
- Management of prostate cancer. 3rd ed. 2013, SpringerEpidemiology and risk factors / Ranko Miocinovic -- Twenty years and counting : is PSA still useful in 2010? / Haluk Ozen and Sertac Yazici -- Prostate cancer screening : a review of the evidence with clinical practice implications / Timothy J. Wilt -- Beyond PSA : promising new markers for prostate cancer / Leonard Marks -- Hereditary prostate cancer and genetic risk / Adam C. Reese, Graham Casey, and John S. Witte -- Prostate inflammation and prostate cancer / William G. Nelson ... [et al.] -- Molecular progression of prostate cancer : androgens and estrogens / Stephen A. Boorjian and Donald J. Tindall -- The role of obesity and diet in prostate cancer / Jean-Alfred Thomas II and Stephen J. Freedland -- Prostate cancer risk reduction by chemoprevention / Kenneth G. Nepple, Adam S. Kibel, and Gerald L. Andriole -- Current issues in pathologic evaluation / Sara M. Falzarano, Howard S. Levin, and Cristina Magi-Galluzzi -- Optimum prostate biopsy : techniques and strategies / Osama M. Zaytoun and J. Stephen Jones -- The utility of nomograms in routine clinical practice / Carvell T. Nguyen and Michael W. Kattan -- Active surveillance comes of age / Laurence Klotz -- Focal therapy : prostate hemiablation as the first historical treatment model for focal therapy of early stage prostate cancer / Vladimir Mouraviev and Thomas J. Polascik -- Contemporary external beam radiotherapy / Rahul Tendulkar and Kevin Stephans -- Surgery, brachytherapy, or external beam radiation for low- and intermediate-risk disease? / Jay P. Ciezki and Eric A. Klein -- The role for radical prostatectomy in advanced prostate cancer / R. Jeffrey Karnes and Michael L. Blute -- Radiation therapy in the management of locally advanced prostate cancer / Joseph D. Mancias and Anthony L. Zietman -- Clinical implications of measuring quality-of-life in early stage prostate cancer / Peter Chang, Mehrdad Alemozaffar, and Martin G. Sanda -- Treatment modalities of post-prostatectomy incontinence : a historical perspective as well as current therapy options / Christina Ching and Drogo K. Montague -- Management of biochemical recurrence after localized treatment for prostate cancer / Stephen B. Williams and Toni K. Choueiri -- Management of newly diagnosed metastatic disease / C. Lance Cowey and Thomas E. Hutson -- Pitfalls of androgen deprivation therapy / Alicia K. Morgans and Matthew R. Smith -- Current management of castration-resistant prostate cancer (CRPC) / Jorge A. Garcia and Robert Dreicer -- Beta-emitting radiopharmaceuticals and bone metastasis / Oliver Sartor.
- Management of urological cancers in older people 2013, SpringerThe risk of cancer increases with age and the number of older adults seeking treatment is rising dramatically in line with the aging population. The care of older patients differs from that of younger adults because of variation in the biology of the tumor, age-related variation in host physiology, co-morbidity burden and psychosocial issues, which might impact the efficacy and side effects of cancer therapy.Management of Urological Cancers in Older People focuses on treatment strategies of urological cancers and provides guidance on the issues specific to older patients, spanning background and epidemiology, special considerations in the care of older people, therapeutics, and psychosocial considerations. This book offers a thorough review of current approaches to treating older urological cancer patients, detailing the special issues and considerations involved. The discipline-spanning coverage outlines best practice and proposes topics for future research.This first volume in the Management of Cancer in Older People series will be of interest to all surgical oncologists, medical oncologists, gerontologists, urologists and other members of the multidisciplinary team involved in the care of elderly urological cancer patients.
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- AAP Red Book Online
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Sabiston Textbook of Surgery
- Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics
- Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics
- Mandell, Douglas, & Bennett's Principles & Practice of Infectious Diseases
- Red Book Online
- ICU Book
- Primary Care Medicine
- Campbell-Walsh Urology
Shortcut to Licensed Content
Bookmark on other websites
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Links” (IE7) or “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
- Once installed it will look like this
- Click "Bookmark on Lane" to bookmark any webpage
- Your saved bookmark will appear on this page
What is it?
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) gives you access to resources licensed by the library even when you're not coming from a Lane or a Stanford IP address.
While we'd like Lane to be your gateway to our licensed content, we recognize that links to books, articles and journals come from a variety of different sources (Google, your email, RSS reader, etc.).
When installed, it will look your browser bookmark.
At the page you would like to proxy, click the "Lane Gateway to Licensed Content" to invoke it.
If Lane licenses that content, you'll get access as if you were on campus.
How does it work?
This allows you to view the URL as though you were on campus, giving you access to materials licensed for use by the Stanford academic community.
If you're not authenticated, you'll be prompted for your SUNetID and password.
Don't see the Toolbar, Bookmarks, or Links or Favorites bar?
From the "View" menu, select "Toolbars" & choose "Bookmarks Toolbar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Show Bookmarks Bar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Always Show Bookmarks Bar"
- Right-click in a clear area near the browser address bar
- In the menu, check a box next "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites Bar" (IE8, IE9)
- Managing IE Favorites
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) only works with resources Lane has licensed and configured to work with our proxy server.
If invoked on a resource we do not license and/or have not yet configured, you will see an error message:
The Lane proxy server cannot complete your request because this host has not been configured properly.
We make no attempt to configure our proxy server for every resource, only those we license and for which a Stanford IP address grants access.
Drag this button onto your browser toolbar to install.
- Right click this button
- Select "Add to Favorites", click "Continue" if you see a security alert
- In "Create in" menu, select "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites Bar" (IE8, IE9) to install
Drag this button onto Safari Bookmarks bar to install.
- Springer Protocols
- MD Consult
- Lange Series
- National Academy Press
- NCBI Bookshelf
- Thieme Atlases