Books by Subject
- Armed conflict injuries to the extremities 2011, SpringerOrganization of Urgent Medical Aid, Including Mass Casualty and Triage -- Wound Ballistics and Tissue Damage -- Damage Control Orthopaedics -- Crush Injury of the Limbs and Acute Mechanical Muscle-Crush Compartment Syndrome -- Anesthesia and Intensive Care of the Patient with Severe Extremity Trauma -- Hemotransfusion in Combat Trauma -- Diagnostic Imaging in Combat Trauma -- Tissue Debridement -- Primary External Fixation -- Prevention of Infection and Antibiotic Use in the Management of Armed Conflict Injuries to the Extremities -- Vascular Trauma to the Limbs -- Peripheral Nerve Injury -- Tissue Coverage After War Trauma -- Definitive Bone Fixation and Reconstruction: Conversion from Temporary External Fixation to Internal Fixation Methods -- Definitive Skeletal Reconstruction: Conversion to the Ilizarov Method -- War Injuries of the Hand -- Foot Surgery in War Trauma -- Limb Salvage Versus Amputation: The Dilemma -- Amputation in Combat Trauma -- Delayed Union and Nonunions -- Osteomyelitis -- Chronic Pain Subsequent to Armed Conflict Injuries to the Extremities.
- 1. The Conducted Electrical Weapon: Historical Overview of the Technology / Paul C. Nystrom -- 2. Physics of Electrical Injury / Mark W. Kroll and Dorin Panescu -- 3. Conducted Electrical Weapon Deployed Probe Wounds / Donald M. Dawes and Jeffrey D. Ho -- 4. Conducted Electrical Weapon Drive-Stun Wounds / Jeffrey D. Ho and Donald M. Dawes -- 5. Histopathology of Cutaneous Conducted Electrical Weapon Injuries / Michael Graham -- 6. Extended Range Conducted Electrical Weapon Wounds / Donald M. Dawes and Thomas J. Burns -- 7. Factitious Conducted Electrical Weapon Wounds: Injuries and Considerations / William G. Heegaard and Gary M. Vilke -- 8. Legal Aspects of Conducted Electrical Weapon Injuries, Wounds, and Effects / Michael Brave -- 9. Conducted Electrical Weapon Memory: Available Forensic Information / Max Nerheim and Andrew F. Hinz -- 10. Post-event Conducted Electrical Weapon Wire and Probe Analysis / Rick T. Wyant and Thomas J. Burns.
- Autonomic dysfunction after spinal cord injury 2005, ScienceDirect
- Burn care and treatment 2013, Springer
- Cerebral blood flow, metabolism, and head trauma 2013, Springer
- 1. History of Cognitive Rehabilitation -- 2. The Role of Assessment in Treatment Planning -- 3. Treatment Strategies -- 4. Cognitive Remediation with NeurXercise -- 5. Treatment Generalization and Ecological Validity -- 6. A NeurXercise Casebook -- 7. Conclusions -- Appendicies A-N.
- Damage control management in the polytrauma patient. 1st ed. 2010, Springer
- European instructional lectures. Volume 11, 2011, 12th EFORT Congress, Copenhagen, Denmark 2011, SpringerBone Substitutes in Clinical Work / Jari Salo -- Epidemiology and Variability of Orthopaedic Procedures Worldwide / Maria de Fatima de Pina, Ana Isabel Ribeiro, and Carlos Santos -- Cartilage-Forming Bone Tumours / Antonie H.M. Taminiau, Judith V.M.G. Bovée, Carla S.P. van Rijswijk, Hans A.J. Gelderblom, and Michiel A.J. van de Sande -- The Current State of Treatment for Clubfoot in Europe / Rüdiger Krauspe, Kristina Weimann-Stahlschmidt, and B. Westhoff -- Management of Pelvic Fractures / Peter V. Giannoudis and Frangiskos Xypnitos -- The Reverse Shoulder Prosthesis / Carlos Torrens -- Spine Injury: Polytrauma Management / Benny Dahl -- Surgical Management of Tuberculosis of the Spine / Ahmet Alanay and Deniz Olgun -- Scaphoid Fractures / Joseph J. Dias -- Bearing Surfaces / Theofilos Karachalios and George Karydakis -- Hip Pain in the Young Adult / Moritz Tannast, Christoph E. Albers, Simon D. Steppacher, and Klaus A. Siebenrock -- Bone Loss Around the Acetabular Component / Jonathan Howell and Ben Bolland -- The Uni-Knee: Indications, and Recent Techniques / Sébastien Lustig, Gérard Deschamps, M. Alsaati, C. Fary, and Phillippe Neyret -- Osteotomies Around the Knee / Siegfried Hofmann, Philipp Lobenhoffer, Alex Staubli, and Ronald Van Heerwaarden -- Total Knee Replacement for the Stiff Knee / Philippe Massin -- Surgical Treatment of Displaced Calcaneal Fractures / Zvi Cohen, Gershon Volpin, and Haim Shtarker Forefoot Deformities / Wolfgang Schneider.
- European instructional lectures. Volume 12, 2012, 13th EFORT Congress, Berlin, Germany 2012, SpringerPart 1.Musculo-skeletal Trauma --The Spectrum of Polytrauma. A Pragmatic Approach for the Musculo-Skeletal Surgeon /Pierre Hoffmeyer and Robin Peter --Proximal Femoral Fractures /Christopher G. Moran and M. Gaden --Acute Infections After Osteosynthesis /Volkmar Heppert --Part 2.Musculo-skeletal Tumours --The Multi-modal Approach to Metastatic Disease /Minna Laitinen, Maire Ratasvuori and Toni-Karri Pakarinen --How to Manage Osteolytic Lesions /Jendrik Hardes --Part 3.Paediatrics --Developmental Hip Dysplasia - A Problem Solved? /Michael K. D. Benson --Part 4.Spine --Infections of the Spine /José Guimarães Consciência, Rui Pinto and T. Saldanha --Multimodal Treatment of Back Pain /Hans Raimund Casser --Part 5.Upper Limb --Proximal Humeral Fractures /Martin Jaeger and N. P. Südkamp.Part 6.Pelvis and Hip --Navigation and Hip Surgery /Philippe Merloz --Re-cementing in Revision Total Hip Replacement /Sarah L. Whitehouse, Matt Wilson, Jonathan R. Howell, Matthew J. W. Hubble and A. John Timperley --Instability Following Total Hip Arthroplasty /Klaus-Peter Günther, Stephan Kirschner, Maik Stiehler and Albrecht Hartmann --New Trends in Osteonecrosis of the Femoral Head /Konstantinos N. Malizos and Loukia K. Papatheodorou --Part 7.Knee --Patellar Fractures /Jean-Christophe Bel --Arthroscopic Treatment of Intra-Articular Fractures of the Knee /Reha N. Tandogan --Treatment of Osteonecrosis of the Knee /Tahsin Beyzadeoglu and Ayberk Onal --Part 8.Trauma Lower Limb --Ankle Fractures /Stefan Rammelt and Hans Zwipp --Part 9.Foot and Ankle --Treatment of Metatarsalgia /Jean-Luc Besse --Management of Ankle Osteoarthritis /Matthias G. Walcher, Monika Horisberger, Antony Liddell and Victor Valderrabano.
- External fixation in orthopedic traumatology 2012, Springer1. Damage Control Orthopedics in the Polytrauma Patient / Hans-Christoph Pape, Thomas Dienstknecht, and Peter V. Giannoudis -- 2. Limb Damage Control Orthopedics / Madhusudhan Yakkanti, Cyril Mauffrey, and Craig S. Roberts -- 3. Practical Biomechanical Considerations about External Fixators / Cyril Mauffrey, Dennis Beck, and Laura Ruhala -- 4. External Fixation in Economically Disadvantaged Areas / David Seligson, N.S. Laud, and Alfredo Aybar Montoya -- 5. External Fixation in the War Zone / Paul J. Dougherty and Kimberly M. Kesling -- 6. External Fixation of the Pelvis in Damage Control Orthopedics / Madhusudhan Yakkanti and Craig S. Roberts -- 7. External Fixation About the Wrist and the Forearm / Cyril Mauffrey, David Seligson, and Jonathan Yerasimide / 8. External Fixators in the Treatment of Tibial Plateau Fractures / V. Manakavala Perumal, Cyril Mauffrey, and Craig S. Roberts -- 9. The Use of External Fixators in the Acute Management of Tibial Pilon Fractures / Cyril Mauffrey, David Seligson, and Jessica Heinsen -- 10. External Fixation of Long Bones / Dennis Beck and Charles Daniel Benson -- 11. The Care and Management of Patients with External Fixators / David Seligson and Janet Macphaden -- 12. Complications of External Fixation / G. Zych -- 13. Timing and Strategies for Definitive Fixation After a Damage Control Frame / Thomas De Coster -- 14. Medico Legal Considerations Surrounding the Injured Patient / David Seligson and Charles Daniel Benson.
- Football traumatology 2006, Springer
- Forensic pathology of trauma 2007, SpringerThe "complete autopsy" : the management of risk -- Postmortem changes : the "great pretenders" -- Asphyxia -- Thermal injury -- Bodies recovered from water -- Penetrating trauma: close-range firearm wounds -- Penetrating trauma: sharp force injuries -- Blunt trauma : with reference to planes, trains, and automobiles -- Craniocerebral trauma and vertebrospinal trauma -- Sudden neurological death.
- Handbook of injury and violence prevention 2007, Springer
- Injury research 2012, Springer
- Lactoferrin and its role in wound healing 2012, Springer
- Microbiology of wounds 2010, CRCnetBASEAn introduction to the world of microbiology and biofilmology / Steven L. Percival, John G. Thomas, and David Williams -- Human skin and microbial flora / Rose A. Cooper and Steven L. Percival -- An introduction to wounds / Michel H.E. Hermans and Terry Treadwell -- Burn wound management / Michel H.E. Hermans -- Cell biology of normal and impaired healing / Keith Moore -- The microbiology of wounds / Steven L. Percival and Scott E. Dowd -- Types of wounds and infections / Randall D. Wolcott ... [et al.] -- Biofilms and significance to wound healing / Keith F. Cutting ... [et al.] -- Wounds, enzymes, and proteases / Steven L. Percival and Christine A. Cochrane -- Wound healing immunology and biofilms / Emma J. Woods ... [et al.] -- Antimicrobial interventions for wounds / Steven L. Percival, Rose A. Cooper, and Benjamin A. Lipsky -- Wound dressings and other topical treatment modalities in bioburden control / Richard White -- Factors affecting the healing of chronic wounds : an iconoclastic view / Marissa J. Carter and Caroline E. Fife.
- Neurotrauma 2007, ScienceDirect
- Ocular traumatology 2008, SpringerTerminology of mechanical injuries: the Birmingham Eye Trauma Terminology (BETT) -- Classification of mechanical eye injuries -- Predicting the severity of an eye injury: the Ocular Trauma Score (OTS) -- Counseling the injured individual and the family -- From the other side: the patient's viewpoint -- Myths and truths in ocular traumatology -- Clinical epidemiology, prevention, and rehabilitation -- Strategic thinking in ocular traumatology -- Evaluation -- Emergency management -- Conjunctiva -- Cornea -- Sclera and limbus -- Tissue prolapse -- Anterior chamber -- Iris and pupil -- Lens -- Ciliary body and choroid -- Vitreous and retina -- Trauma by blunt object: contusions -- Open glove injury: a brief overview -- Trauma by blunt object: ruptures -- Penetrating injuries and IOFBs -- Perforating injuries -- Injury involving the entire globe -- Ocular trauma in children and in elderly patients -- Endophthalmitis -- Posttraumatic glaucoma -- Hypotony -- Endoscopy -- Chemical injuries -- Electromagnetic trauma -- The effects of systemic trauma on the eye.
- Orthopedic traumatology 2006, Springer
- Orthopedic traumatology. 2nd ed. 2008, Springer
- Penetrating trauma 2012, SpringerPart 1: Prehospital care, diagnostic tools and resuscitation strategies -- Part 2: Surgical strategies in Penetrating Trauma to Head, Face, and Neck -- Part 3: Surgical Strategies in Penetrating Trauma to the Chest -- Part 4: Surgical Strategies in Penetrating Trauma to the Abdomen and Pelvis -- Part 5: Surgical strategies in Penetrating Trauma and Orthopedic Injuries -- Part 6: Peripheral Arterial Injuries -- Part 7: Other topics.
- Poly-traumatized patient with fractures 2011, Springer
- Biomechanics of fixation and fractures /Allan F. Tencer --Classification of fractures /Douglas R. Dirschl and Lisa K. Cannada-- Management of the multiply injured patient /Hans-Christoph Pape and Peter Giannoudis --The epidemiology of fractures. pt. 1. Overview of epidemiology /Charles M. Court-Brown and Benjamin C. Caesar --pt. 2. Experience in the United States /Kenneth J. Koval and Michael Cooley --Nonoperative fracture treatment /John F. Connolly --Principles of internal fixation /Christian Krettek and Thomas Gösling --Principles of external fixation /J. Tracy Watson --Bone and joint healing /Joseph A. Buckwalter, Thomas A. Einhorn and J.L. Marsh --Bone grafting and enhancement of fracture repair /Sanjeev Kakar, Eleftherios Tsiridis, and Thomas A. Einhorn --Outcome studies in trauma /Mohit Bhandari --Imaging considerations in orthopaedic trauma /Andrew H. Schmidt and Kerry M. Kallas --Initial management of open fractures /Steven A. Olson and Mark C. Willis --Acute compartment syndrome /Margaret M. McQueen --Penetrating trauma /Edward A. Perez --War wounds, limb salvage, and traumatic amputations /Paul J. Dougherty --Bone and soft tissue reconstruction /Lior Heller and L. Scott Levin --Systemic complications /David C. Templeman and William A. Marinelli --Local complications /Kirti D. Moholkar and Bruce H. Ziran --Osteoporotic fractures /Magnus K. Karlsson, Karl Obrant and Per Olof Josefsson --Pathologic fractures /Kristy L. Weber --Stress fractures /David C. Teague --Periprosthetic fractures. pt. 1. Periprosthetic fractures of the elbow and shoulder /Robert H. Cofield ... [et al.] --pt. 2. Periprosthetic fractures about total hip and total knee replacements /Jay D. Mabrey --Computer-aided orthopaedic surgery in skeletal trauma /Meir Liebergall, Rami Mosheiff, and Leo Joskowicz --Fractures and dislocations of the hand /Mark H. Henry --Fractures and dislocations of the carpus /Christian Gaebler --Fractures of the distal radius and ulna /David S. Ruch --Fractures of the shafts of the radius and ulna /Ralph Hertel and Dominique A. Rothenfluh --Fractures and dislocations of the elbow /David Ring --Fractures of the distal humerus /C. Michael Robinson --Fractures of the shaft of the humerus /Michael D. McKee --Fractures of the proximal humerus /Jon J. P. Warner, John G. Costouros and Christian Gerber --Fractures of the clavicle /Mark D. Lazarus and Carl Seon --Fractures of the scapula /Kenneth P. Butters --Subluxations and dislocations about the glenohumeral joint /Young W. Kwon and Joseph D. Zuckerman --Acromioclavicular joint injuries /Leesa M. Galatz and Gerald R. Williams, Jr. --Injuries to the sternoclavicular joint /Gregory J. Gilot, Michael A. Wirth and Charles A. Rockwood, Jr. --Principles of spine trauma care /Sohail K. Mirza, Carlo Bellabarba and Jens R. Chapman --Injuries of the craniocervical junction /Carlo Bellabarba, Sohail D. Mirza and Jens R. Chapman --Fractures and dislocations of the lower cervical spine /Christopher M. Bono --Fractures and dislocations of the thoracolumbar spine /Robert K. Eastlack and Christopher M. Bono --Fractures of the pelvic ring /Adam J. Starr and A. Steven Malekzadeh --Fractures of the acetabulum /Mark C. Reilly --Hip dislocations and fractures of the femoral head /Paul Tornetta III --Fractures of the neck of the femur /Ross K. Leighton --Intertrochanteric fractures /Kenneth J. Koval and Robert V. Cantu --Subtrochanteric fractures /Kwok-sui Leung --Fractures of the shaft of the femur /Sean E. Nork --Fractures of the distal femur /Peter J. OBrien ... [et al.] --Fractures of the patella and injuries to the extensor mechanism /Robert M. Harris --Fractures of the proximal tibia /Kenneth A. Egol and Kenneth J. Koval --Dislocations and fracture-dislocations of the knee /Robert C. Schenck, Jr., James P. Stannard, and Daniel C. Wascher --Fractures of the tibia and fibula /Charles M. Court-Brown --Ankle fractures /J.L. Marsh and Charles L. Saltzman --Fractures of the talus /David W. Sanders --Fractures of the calcaneus /Roy W. Sanders and Michael P. Clare --Fractures and dislocations of the midfoot and forefoot /John S. Early.
- Incidence of fractures in children / Kaye E. Wilkins and Alaric J. Aroojis -- The biologic aspects of children's fractures / Cory J. Xian and Bruce K. Foster -- Pain relief and related concerns in children's fractures / Joseph R. Furman -- Management of the multiply injured child / Robert M. Kay and Vernon T. Tolo -- Physeal injuries and growth disturbances / Karl E. Rathjen and John G. Birch -- Pathologic fractures associated with tumors and unique conditions of the musculoskeletal system / John P. Dormans and John M. Flynn -- Child abuse / Robert M. Campbell, Jr. and Timothy Schrader -- Fractures and dislocations of the hand and carpus in children / Scott H. Kozin and Peter M. Waters -- Fractures of the distal radius and ulna / Peter M. Waters and Alexander D. Mih -- Injuries to the shafts of the radius and ulna / Charles T. Mehlman and Eric J. Wall -- Fractures of the proximal radius and ulna / Robert E. Eilert and Mark A. Erickson -- Monteggia fracture-dislocation in children / José F. de la Garza --The elbow region: general concepts in the pediatric patient / James H. Beaty and James R. Kasser -- Supracondylar fractures of the distal humerus / James R. Kasser and James H. Beaty -- The elbow: physeal fractures, apophyseal injuries of the distal humerus, osteonecrosis of the trochlea, and t-condylar fractures / James H. Beaty and James R. Kasser -- Dislocations of the elbow / Anthony A. Stans and Stephen D. Heinrich -- Proximal humerus, scapula, and clavicle / John F. Sarwark, Erik C. King, and Scott J. Luhmann -- Cervical spine injuries in children / William C. Warner, Jr. and Daniel J. Hedequist -- Thoracolumbar spine fractures / Peter O. Newton -- Fractures of the pelvis / Roger F. Widmann -- Fractures and traumatic dislocations of the hip in children / R. Dale Blasier and Laurie O. Hughes -- Femoral shaft fractures / James R. Kasser and James H. Beaty -- Extra-articular injuries of the knee / David L. Skaggs -- Intra-articular injuries of the knee / Mininder S. Kocher -- Fractures of the shaft of the tibia and fibula / Stephen D. Heinrich and James F. Mooney III -- Distal tibial and fibular fractures / R. Jay Cummings -- Fractures and dislocations of the foot / James G. Jarvis and Paul J. Moroz.
- Ryan's Ballistic trauma. 3rd ed. 2011, SpringerPart 1. Personal Views -- A Personal View / James M. Ryan -- A Personal Experience / Damian Douglas Keene -- The War in West Philadelphia / John P. Pryor -- Part 2. Weapons, Blast and Ballistics -- How Guns Work / Mark Byers, Kerry Starkey and Peter F. Mahoney -- The Effects of Bullets / Donald H. Jenkins -- Bombs, Mines, and Fragmentation / Toney W. Baskin and John B. Holcomb -- Cluster Munitions / Henry Dowlen -- Shaped Charges and Explosively Formed Projectiles / Jonathan Morrison and Peter F. Mahoney -- Suicide Bombs / Piers R. J. Page and Ian Greaves -- Blast Injury / Emrys Kirkman, Neal Jacobs, Giles R. Nordmann, Stuart Harrisson and Peter F. Mahoney, et al. -- Ballistic Protection / Alan Hepper, Daniel Longhurst, Graham Cooper and Philip Gotts -- Forensic Aspects of Ballistic Injury / Jeanine Vellema and Hendrik Scholtz -- Part 3. Trauma Systems -- Civilian Trauma Systems / Jason Smith -- The UK Military Trauma System / Timothy J. Hodgetts -- Part 4. Prehospital and the Emergency Room -- Triage / Rob Russell -- Prehospital Care / Mark Byers, John-Joe Reilly and Peter F. Mahoney -- Emergency Department Management / Jason Smith -- Imaging Triage for Ballistic Trauma / Jon David Simmons and Tracy R. Bilski -- Part 5. Advanced Resuscitation and Anaesthesia, Section -- Damage Control Resuscitation / Adam J. Brooks and Bryan A. Cotton -- Battlefield Analgesia / Aaron D. Nelson and Dominic J. Aldington -- Anesthesia for the Ballistic Casualty / Craig C. McFarland -- Regional Anesthesia for the Ballistic Trauma Victim / Dan Connor --Part 6. Clinical Care -- Damage Control Surgery: Concepts / Mark J. Midwinter and Adam J. Brooks -- Management of Ballistic Trauma to the Head / Geoffrey S. F. Ling, Chris J. Neal and James M. Ecklund -- Spinal Injury / Neil Buxton -- Eyes / Robert A. H. Scott -- Maxillofacial Ballistic Injuries / Andrew Martin Monaghan -- Neck Injury / Matthew J. Borkon and Bryan A. Cotton -- Damage Control / Benjamin Braslow, Adam J. Brooks and C. William Schwab -- Management of Vascular Trauma / Kate Brown and Nigel Tai -- Damage Control Part III: Definitive Reconstruction / Steven R. Allen, Adam J. Brooks, Patrick M. Reilly and Bryan A. Cotton -- Penetrating Genitourinary Trauma / Jay J. Doucet and David B. Hoyt -- Burns / Alan Kay -- Management of Extremity Injuries / David E. Hinsley and Jon Clasper -- Ballistic Trauma in Children / Graeme Pitcher -- Ballistic Trauma in Pregnancy / Michael J. Socher and Peter E. Nielsen -- Managing Ballistic Injury in the NGO Environment / Ari K. Leppäniemi -- Part 7. Critical Care -- Critical Care for Ballistic Trauma in Austere Environments / Christian B. Swift and Geoffrey S. F. Ling -- Transfer and Evacuation / Robert D. Tipping and Jonathan Vollam -- Critical Care Management: The Patient with Ballistic Trauma / Tim Nutbeam and Damian Douglas Keene -- Critical Care Nursing at Role Four / Clare Dutton -- The Role of Nutrition in the Treatments of Injured Military Personnel / Susan Duff, Susan Price and Jennifer Gray -- Part 8. Reconstruction & Rehabilitation -- Role 4 and Reconstruction / Steven L. A. Jeffery and Keith Porter -- Conflict Rehabilitation / John Etherington -- Part 9. And Finally -- Have You Read MASH? / Peter F. Mahoney.
- Severe injuries to the limbs 2007, SpringerIntroduction -- Primary treatment -- Definitive reconstruction -- Rehabilitation -- Treatment algorithm for missile open fractures of the limbs -- Conclusions.
- Skeletal trauma in children. 4th ed. 2009, MD ConsultSkeletal growth, development, and healing as related to pediatric trauma / Stephen L. Frick, Eric T. Jones -- Physeal injuries / Manoj Ramachandran, David L. Skaggs -- Pathologic fractures in children / Herbert S. Schwartz, Ginger E. Holt -- The multiply injured child / John H. Wilber, George H. Thompson, Jochen Son-Hing -- Fractures with soft tissue injuries / Sanjeev Sabharwal, Fred F. Behrens -- Complications of fractures in children / Robert N. Hensinger -- Outcomes assessment in children with fractures / James G. Wright, Nancy L. Young -- Fractures and dislocations of the forearm, wrist, and hand / Martin Dolan, Peter M. Waters -- Fractures and dislocations about the elbow / Neil E. Green, Nathan L. Van Zeeland --Fractures and dislocations about the shoulder / James F. Mooney III, Lawrence X. Webb -- Fractures of the spine / Gregory A. Mencio, Clinton J. Devin -- Fractures and dislocations about the hips and pelvis / Marc F. Swiontkowski -- Fractures of the femoral shaft / Jeffrey Shilt -- Fractures and dislocations about the knee / Lewis E. Zionts -- Fractures of the tibula and fibula / George H. Thompson, Jochen Son-Hing -- Fractures and dislocations of the foot and ankle / Alvin H. Crawford, Mohammed J. Al-Sayyad, Charles T. Mehlman -- Nonaccidental trauma / Jeffrey Shilt, Neil E. Green, Kathryn E. Cramer -- Anesthesia and analgesia for the ambulatory management of children's fractures / Eric C. McCarty, Gregory A. Mencio -- Rehabilitation of the child with multiple injuries / Louise Z. Spierre ... [et al.] -- Skeletal trauma in young adults / Kevin Shea, Eric W. Edmonds, Henry Chambers.
- Skeletal trauma. 4th ed. 2009, MD Consultv. 1. General principles, spine, pelvis -- v. 2. Upper extremity, lower extremity.
- Spinal trauma 2007, OvidPathophysiology of spinal cord injury / B. Timothy Himes -- The neurological evaluation and medical management of acute spinal cord injury / Anthony S. Burns and Ralph J. Marino -- Surgical treatment of spinal injury / Daniel R. Fassett and James S. Harrop -- Controversies in clearing the spine / C. Craig Blackmore and Ken F. Linnau -- Plain film radiography and computed tomography of the cervical spine. Part I. Normal anatomy and spinal injury identification / Alejandro Zuluaga Santamaria and Diego B. Núñez, Jr. -- Plain film radiography and computed tomography of the cervical spine. Part II. Classification and subtypes of spinal injury / Alejandro Zuluaga Santamaria and Diego B. Núñez, Jr. -- Imaging of thoracolumbar spinal injury / George Koulouris, Amy Y.I. Ting, and William B. Morrison -- Magnetic resonance imaging of acute spinal trauma / Adam E. Flanders -- Imaging of pediatric spinal trauma / Avrum N. Pollock and Stephen M. Henesch -- Postoperative spinal imaging / Ashwini D. Sharan, Hana Choe, and Laura Snyder -- Imaging of the previously injured spinal cord / Steven Falcone -- Experimental therapies for spinal cord injury / Marion Murray -- Experimental techniques of spinal imaging / Eric D. Schwartz.
- Strengthening care for the injured 2010, WHO"Injury accounts for a significant proportion of the world's burden of disease. Each year 5.8 million people die from injury and millions more are disabled. The response to this global health problem needs to include a range of activities, from better surveillance to more in-depth research, and primary prevention. Also needed are efforts to strengthen care of the injured. The World Health Organization (WHO) has responded to this need with a variety of actions. ... WHO collected this set of case studies, documenting success stories and lessons learned from several countries. Through this publication, WHO seeks to increase communication ... among those working in the field of trauma care in different countries worldwide."--p. iii.
- Fulltext WHO"Injury accounts for a significant proportion of the world's burden of disease. Each year 5.8 million people die from injury and millions more are disabled. The response to this global health problem needs to include a range of activities, from better surveillance to more in-depth research, and primary prevention. Also needed are efforts to strengthen care of the injured. The World Health Organization (WHO) has responded to this need with a variety of actions. ... WHO collected this set of case studies, documenting success stories and lessons learned from several countries. Through this publication, WHO seeks to increase communication ... among those working in the field of trauma care in different countries worldwide."--p. iii.
- Textbook of traumatic brain injury. 2nd ed. 2011, PsychiatryOnlineAs soldiers and combat veterans have returned from the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan traumatic brain injury (TBI) has been identified as the "signature injury" of those wars. TBI is also in the news on a daily basis due to sports injuries. This new edition has been revised and updated from the 2005 first edition to reflect the exponential expansion of research and clinical data amassed in the intervening years. Each chapter was written and reviewed by the foremost authorities in neuropsychiatry, neurology, rehabilitation medicine, and the other specialties who assess, diagnose, and treat these patients. The revisions and additions to this comprehensive volume were made to ensure that the scope and coverage is both up-to-date and down-to-earth. Key features include: New chapters on epidemiology, neuropathology, and genetics of TBI; new chapter on TBI in the military emphasizing the unique feature of blast injury; A new chapter on posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD), which emphasizes the common co-occurrence of TBI and PTSD in both combat and other settings; Enhanced coverage of psychopharmacology and psychotherapy for the psychiatric symptoms associated with TBI; Information on the social ramifications of TBI so that clinicians will better understand and help their patients cope with the complex legal, financial, and insurance-based struggles their patients who have sustained TBI encounter; Each chapter concludes with essential points and key references to focus attention and consolidate learning; A foreword written by Bob Woodruff (the ABC World News correspondent who sustained a TBI while covering the war in Iraq) and his wife, Lee Woodruff, who underscore that although this volume is intended to be read primarily by professionals, patients and families may also find the information in the textbook to be of keen interest and practical application.
- Trauma 2008, Ovid
- Trauma biomechanics. 2nd ed. 2007, Springer
- Trauma management in orthopedics 2013, SpringerTrauma Management in Orthopedics has been written to serve as a general introduction to the field of trauma in the field of orthopedics. It is composed of a number of commonly seen disorders and with a corresponding therapeutic pathway, clearly explained with numerous xrays and diagrams to aid the reader in their understanding of these useful procedures.The book is intended as a basic resource for trainees and junior surgeons, but will also be useful to more experienced specialists who require an easy to follow clinical guide to assist in day to day practice of orthopedic trauma management.
- Trauma manual. 2nd ed. 2002, Ovid
- Trauma manual. 3rd ed. 2008, Ovid
- Trauma manual. 3rd ed. 2008, OvidLane Catalog record Ovid
- Trauma-- an engineering analysis 2007, Springer
- Trauma. 6th ed. Lane Catalog record
- Trauma. 7th ed. 2013, AccessSurgeryKinematics -- Epidemiology -- Injury prevention -- Trauma systems, triage, and transport -- Injury severity scoring and outcomes research -- Acute care surgery -- Prehospital care -- Disaster and mass causalty -- Rural trauma -- Initial assessment and management -- Airway management -- Management of shock -- Postinjury hemotherapy and hemostasis -- Emergency department thoracotomy -- Diagnostic and interventional radiology -- Surgeon-performed ultrasound in acute care surgery -- Principles of anesthesia and pain management -- Infectons -- Injury to the brain -- Eye -- Face -- Neck -- Vertebrae and spinal cord -- Trauma thoracotomy: principles and techniques -- Lung, trachea, and esophagus -- Heart and thoracic vascular injuries -- Trauma laparotomy: principles and techniques -- Diaphragm -- Liver and biliary tract -- Injury to the spleen -- Stomach and small bowel -- Doudenum and pancreas -- Colon and rectal trauma -- Abdominal vascular injury -- Pelvis -- Genitourinary trauma -- Trauma in pregnancy -- Trauma damage control -- Upper extremity -- Lower extremity -- Periphearl vascular injury -- Alcohol and drugs -- The pediatric patient -- The geriatric patient -- Ethics of acute care surgery -- Social violence -- Wounds, bites, and stings -- Burns and radiation -- Temperature-related syndromes: hyperthermia, hypothermia, and frostbite -- Organ procurement for transplantation -- Rehabilitation -- Modern combat casualty care -- Genomics and acute care surgery -- Trauma, medicine, and the law -- Principles of critical care -- Cardiovascular failure -- Respiratory insufficiency -- Gastrointestinal failure -- Renal failure -- Nutritional support and electrolyte management -- Multiple organ failure.
- Traumatic brain injury. 3rd ed. 2010, CRCnetBASE
- Whiplash 2012, ScienceDirectProviding a balanced, evidence-based discussion of whiplash and its associated disorders, Whiplash: A Patient Centered Approach to Management compiles information from many sources into a single, definitive reference. It clearly delineates rationales and procedures, covering cervical spine anatomy, neurology, kinesiology, epidemiology, patient history and assessment, imaging, soft tissue injuries, articular lesions, rehabilitation, and prognosis. Using numerous full-color photos and illustrations, an expert author team led by Dr. Meridel Gatterman offers concrete guidelines for a patient-centered approach to care of whiplash and whiplash-related conditions -- one that recommends minimally invasive procedures and therapies whenever possible. A companion Evolve website includes video clips showing stretching exercises, printable patient handouts, and narrated PowerPoint slides. A patient-centered approach to care emphasizes working with patients as partners, with both preferring minimally invasive procedures and therapies where appropriate, in a way that promotes self-healing, a holistic approach to the patient, and a humanistic attitude with regard to the patient/practitioner relationship. An easy-to-follow organization helps you to clearly identify whiplash and plan a course of treatment, beginning with an in-depth description of whiplash and the various approaches to treatment and moving on to cover the anatomy of the cervical spine, the mechanism of injury, physical examination, and imaging, then continuing with the management of whiplash injuries and complications such as headaches and joint injuries. Full-color photos and illustrations clarify concepts and procedures. Evidence-based content is based on findings in current literature, and cited in chapter references. Coverage of both typical and less common types of whiplash injuries helps you accurately assess varied symptoms and avoid overlooking any related signs and symptoms. Detailed coverage of the relationship between the cervical spine and the cervical distribution of the autonomic nervous system helps you recognize the potential complications of whiplash and how nerve anatomy informs these complications. More than 20 tables and charts provide a quick reference to facilitate review of the material. A glossary provides definitions and pronunciations of terms related to whiplash. Expert author Meridel Gatterman, MA, DC, MEd, is one of the leading chiropractic academics in the U.S., has written several other chiropractic textbooks and many peer-reviewed journal articles, has served as both a Dean and Director for two different chiropractic schools, and currently acts as a Consultant to the Oregon Board of Chiropractic Examiners. A companion Evolve website includes video clips of a chiropractor performing stretching exercises, plus an image collection, narrated PowerPoint slides, and printable patient handouts.
- Whiplash injury 2012, Springer
- World report on child injury prevention 2008, WHO"Child injuries have been neglected for many years, and are largely absent from child survival initiatives presently on the global agenda. Through this World report on child injury prevention, the World Health Organization, the United Nations Children's Fund and many partners have set out to elevate child injury to a priority for the global public health and development communities. The knowledge and experience of nearly two hundred experts from all continents and various sectors were invaluable in grounding the report in the realities faced in many countries. This World report on child injury prevention should be seen as a complement to the UN Secretary-General's study on violence against children released in late 2006. That report addressed violence-related or intentional injuries. Both reports suggest that child injury and violence prevention programmes need to be integrated into child survival and other broad strategies focused on improving the lives of children. Evidence demonstrates the dramatic successes in child injury prevention in countries which have made a concerted effort. These results make a case for increasing investments in human resources and institutional capacities. This would permit the development, implementation and evaluation of programmes to stem the tide of child injury and enhance the health and well-being of children and their families the world over. Implementing proven interventions could save more than a thousand children's lives a day." - p. vii
- Wound ballistics. Transl. of the rev. 3. German ed. (2008) 2011, Springer
- Wound healing 2003, Springer Protocols
- Wounds and lacerations. 4th ed. 2012, ScienceDirectEmergency wound care : an overview / Alexander T. Trott -- Patient evaluation and wound assessment / Alexander T. Trott -- Anatomy of wound repair / Alexander T. Trott -- Wound healing and cosmetic outcome / Alexander T. Trott -- Wound care and the pediatric patient / Carolyn K. Holland, Gregg A. Digiulio, and Javier A. Gonzalez del Rey -- Infiltration and nerve block anesthesia / Alexander T. Trott -- Wound cleansing and irrigation / Alexander T. Trott -- Instruments, suture materials, and closure choices / Alexander T. Trott -- Decisions before closure : timing, debridement, and consultation / Alexander T. Trott -- Basic laceration repair : principles and techniques / Alexander T. Trott -- Complex and ageing skin wounds : advanced repair techniques / Alexander T. Trott -- Special anatomic sites / Alexander T. Trott -- The hand / Alexander T. Trott -- Tissue adhesives and alternative wound closure / Alexander T. Trott -- Bite wounds / Alexander T. Trott -- Common wound care problems / Alexander T. Trott -- Minor thermal burns / Alexander T. Trott -- Cutaneous and superficial abscesses / Alexander T. Trott -- Complicated, chronic, and ageing skin wounds / Alexander T. Trott -- Wound dressing and bandaging techniques / Alexander T. Trott -- Tetanus immunity and antibiotic wound prophylaxis / Alexander T. Trott -- Suture removal and wound aftercare / Alexander T. Trott.
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- AAP Red Book Online
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Sabiston Textbook of Surgery
- Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics
- Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics
- Mandell, Douglas, & Bennett's Principles & Practice of Infectious Diseases
- Red Book Online
- ICU Book
- Primary Care Medicine
- Campbell-Walsh Urology
Shortcut to Licensed Content
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Links” (IE7) or “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
Shortcut for iPhone
What is it?
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) gives you access to resources licensed by the library even when you're not coming from a Lane or a Stanford IP address.
While we'd like Lane to be your gateway to our licensed content, we recognize that links to books, articles and journals come from a variety of different sources (Google, your email, RSS reader, etc.).
When installed, it will look your browser bookmark.
At the page you would like to proxy, click the "Lane Gateway to Licensed Content" to invoke it.
If Lane licenses that content, you'll get access as if you were on campus.
How does it work?
This allows you to view the URL as though you were on campus, giving you access to materials licensed for use by the Stanford academic community.
If you're not authenticated, you'll be prompted for your SUNetID and password.
Don't see the Toolbar, Bookmarks, or Links or Favorites bar?
From the "View" menu, select "Toolbars" & choose "Bookmarks Toolbar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Show Bookmarks Bar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Always Show Bookmarks Bar"
- Right-click in a clear area near the browser address bar
- In the menu, check a box next "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites" (IE8, IE9)
- Managing IE Favorites
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) only works with resources Lane has licensed and configured to work with our proxy server.
If invoked on a resource we do not license and/or have not yet configured, you will see an error message:
The Lane proxy server cannot complete your request because this host has not been configured properly.
We make no attempt to configure our proxy server for every resource, only those we license and for which a Stanford IP address grants access.
Drag this button onto your browser toolbar to install.
- Right click this button
- Select "Add to Favorites", click "Continue" if you see a security alert
- In "Create in" menu, select "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites Bar" (IE8, IE9) to install
Drag this button onto Safari Bookmarks bar to install.
Can't find it?
- Springer Protocols
- MD Consult
- Lange Series
- National Academy Press
- NCBI Bookshelf
- Thieme Atlases