Books by Subject
TransplantationAccess restricted to Stanford unless otherwise noted
- Provides transplant professionals with a step-wise approach to abdominal organ retrieval and bench surgery, illustrating complex anatomical situations and providing practice points and decision algorithms. A go-to reference for transplant surgeons, trainees and fellows, as well as for other professionals involved in abdominal organ transplantation.
- Adipose stem cells and regenerative medicine 2011, Springer
- Advances in regenerative medicine 2010, SpringerCell Adhesions and Signaling: A Tool for Biocompatibility Assessment / Roumen Pankov and Albena Momchilova -- Development of Provisional Extracellular Matrix on Biomaterials Interface: Lessons from In Vitro Cell Culture / George Altankov, Thomas Groth, Elisabeth Engel, Jonas Gustavsson and Marta Pegueroles, et al. -- Endothelial Progenitor Cells for Tissue Engineering and Tissue Regeneration Endothelial Progenitor Cells / Joyce Bischoff -- Dermal Precursors and the Origins of the Wound Fibroblast / Jeffrey M. Davidson -- Cell Based Therapies: What Do We Learn from Periosteal Osteochondrogenesis? / Peter J. Emans, Tim J. M. Welting and Venkatram Prasad Shastri -- Bioreactor Systems in Regenerative Medicine / Ivan Martin, Stefania A. Riboldi and David Wendt -- Biomimetic Approaches to Design of Tissue Engineering Bioreactors / Bojana Obradovic, Milica Radisic and Gordana Vunjak-Novakovic -- The Nature of the Thermal Transition Influences the Shape-Memory Behavior of Polymer Networks / Andreas Lendlein, Marc Behl and Stefan Kamlage -- Nanoengineered Systems for Regenerative Medicine Surface Engineered Polymeric Biomaterials with Improved Bio-Contact Properties / Todorka Vladkova and Natalia Krasteva -- Nanocomposites for Regenerative Medicine / Ryan Hoshi, Antonio R. Webb, Hongjin Qiu and Guillermo A. Ameer -- Role of Spatial Distribution of Matricellular Cues in Controlling Cell Functions / Daniela Guarnieri and Paolo A. Netti -- Materials Surface Effects on Biological Interactions / Josep A. Planell, Melba Navarro, George Altankov, Conrado Aparicio and Elisabeth Engel, et al. -- Chemical and Physical Modifications of Biomaterial Surfaces to Control Adhesion of Cells / Thomas Groth, Zhen-Mei Liu, Marcus Niepel, Dieter Peschel and Kristin Kirchhof, et al. -- Results of Biocompatibility Testing of Novel, Multifunctional Polymeric Implant Materials In-Vitro and In-Vivo / Dorothee Rickert, Rosemarie Fuhrmann, Bernhard Hiebl, Andreas Lendlein and Ralf-Peter Franke -- UFOs, Worms, and Surfboards: What Shapes Teach Us About Cell-Material Interactions / Julie A. Champion and Samir Mitragotri -- Nano-engineered Thin Films for Cell and Tissue-Contacting Applications / Richard F. Haglund -- Injectable Hydrogels: From Basics to Nanotechnological Features and Potential Advances / Biancamaria Baroli -- Polyelectrolyte Complexes as Smart Nanoengineered Systems for Biotechnology and Gene Delivery / Vladimir A. Izumrudov.
- Artificial organs 2009, Springer
- Atlas of organ transplantation 2006, SpringerMultiorgan procurement from the deceased donor -- Dialysis access procedures -- Nephrectomy from a living donor -- Kidney transplantation -- Pancreas transplantation -- Liver transplantation -- Intestinal and multivisceral transplantation.
- Autoimmune disease 2013, SpringerThis book describes how the Jerne-Burnet Forbidden Clone Theory and the Adams-Knight H Gene Theory, solved the pathogenesis and genetics of the autoimmune diseases showing how specific immunotherapy and prophylaxis can be developed. Furthermore, Ebringer's discovery of two microbial triggers of autoimmune diseases is described and the conclusion drawn that all autoimmune diseases have microbial triggers, so will be preventable by the finding of the triggers and vaccination against them.
- Autologous fat transfer 2010, Springer
- Autologous resurfacing and fracture dowelling 2012, Springer1. Historical Observations -- 2. Microscopical Anatomy -- 3. Bone Growth -- 4. Regeneration and Healing -- 5. Ceramic Bone Substitutes -- 6. Operating Technique for Cartilage-Bone Grafting -- 7. Clinical Practice in Autologous Resurfacing® -- 8. Fracture Dowelling -- 9. Bone-Tendon-Bone ACL Plastic -- 10. Instrumentation -- 11. Conclusion.
- Blood and marrow transplant handbook 2011, SpringerOverview of hematopoietic stem cell transplantation -- The business of cellular therapy and hematopoietic stem cell transplantation -- Stem cell sources -- Pre-transplant evaluation -- Conditioning regimens -- Supportive care -- Nutrition -- Infection prophylaxis -- Graft-versus-host disease prophylaxis -- Transfusion medicine -- Antithrombotic guidelines -- Engraftment -- Follow-up care -- Infectious complications -- Acute graft-versus-host disease -- Chronic graft-versus-host disease -- Oral complications -- Gastrointestinal complications -- Pulmonary complications -- Cardiovascular complications -- Acute kidney injury -- Thrombotic microangiopathies -- Graft failure -- Post-transplant relapse -- Palliative care -- Survivorship.
- Introduction /Bipin N. Savani --Overview : transplant data and increasing numbers of long-term survivors /Jakob R. Passweg and Helen Baldomero --Long-term transplant clinic setup /Andre Tichelli ... [et al.] --Late effects after allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell transplantation /Sairah Ahmed and Yago Nieto --Late effects after autologous hematopoietic stem cell transplantation /Sairah Ahmed and Yago Nieto --Graft-versus-host disease and late effects after hematopoetic stem cell transplantation /Gerard Socie --Prominent role of allied health professionals (nurse practitioners, physician assistants, others) in long term follow-up after hematopoietic stem cell transplantation /Catherine E. Lucid --Screening and prevention guidelines for hematopoietic cell transplant survivors /Navneet S. Majhail and j. Douglas Rizzo --Secondary malignancies : prevalence, screening, prevention, and management guidelines /Paolo F. Caimi and Hillard M. Lazarus --Cutaneous chronic graft-versus-host disease /Attilio Olivieri ... [et al.] --Anti-infective prophylaxis, immunization and prevention of recurrent infectious complications in long-term survivors /John P. Galvin and Jayesh Mehta --Seasonal virus infections : prevention and management guidelines /Gaurav Trikha and John R. Wingard --Exposure to family members : infections and recent live vaccinations /Brian G. Engelhardt and James E. Crowe, Jr. --Late pulmonary complications after allogeneic hematopietic stem cell transplantation : bronchiolitis obliterans syndrome (BOS) and organizing pneumonia (OP) /Lee Gazourian ... [et al.] --Post-transplantation bone disease : prevalence, monitoring, prevention and management guidelines /Andre Tichelli and Alicia Rovo --Ocular complications : prevalence, monitoring, prevention, and management guidelines /Andre Tichelli and Alicia Rovo --Oral complications in hematopoietic stem cell transplantation survivors : monitoring and management /Andrea L. Utz and Shubhada Jagasia --Fertility issues, contraception, and pregnancy outcome in long-term survivors /Alicia Rovo ... [et al.] --Follow-up of children after hematopoietic stem cell transplantation : growth and development /Kristina K. Hardy ... [et al.] --Posttransplant diabetes mellitus : monitoring, prevention, and management guidelines /Prathima Jasti, Shichun Bao, and Shubhada Jagasia --Thyroid disease : monitoring and mangement guidelines /M. Kathleen Figaro ... [et al.] --Special issues related to female long-term survivors /Melissa A. Merideth ... [et al.] --Cardiac and vascular complications in long-term survivors after hematopoietic stem cell transplantation /Alicia Rovo and Andre Tichelli --Hyperlipidemia : prevalence, monitoring, management, interactions with immunosuppressive agents and follow-up /Dara L. Eckerle Mize, Shubhada Jagasia, and Jeffrey B. Boord --Hypertension management in long-term survivors /Imad Abboud --Gastrointestinal complications of hematopoietic cell transplantation /Preet Bagi ... [et al.] --Hepatic complications of hematopoietic stem cell transplantation /Niharika Samala ... [et al.] --Monitoring and management of hepatitis B, hepatitis C, and HIV infection before and after transplantation /Keith Luckett and Stephen Dummer --Prevention and management of renal complications in long-term survivors /Michael Dickenmann and Joerg P. Halter --Immunosuppressive agents and monitoring in long-term survivors /Paul Shaughnessy and Helen Leather --Nutritional assessments and nutritional supplementation for long-term transplant survivors : multivitamins, vitamin D, Calcium, antioxidants, and minerals /Lauren Zatarain ... [et al.] --Daily routines and guidelines : driving, infection isolation, masks, food/diet, activities, exercise, pets, sun exposures, and others /Angela M. Woods --Caregivers of long-term survivors /Elizabeth Wulff-Burchfield --Health-related quality of life in adult and pediatric survivors of hematopoietic stem cell transplantation /Margaret Bevans and Lori Wiener --Prevalent psychosocial adjustment issues nd solutions : lifestyle and social challenges /Katrina M. Stokes --Patient's perspective : concepts of long-term survivor support groups and their roles /Michael W. Brown --Appendix 1NMDP/Be the match posttransplant guidelines resources /Darlene Haven --Appendix 2Long-term follow-up calendar /Andre Tichelli ... [et al.] --Appendix 3Commonly used transplant-related medications in long-term survivors /Melissa Logue.
- Bone disease of organ transplantation 2005, ScienceDirectBone disease after kidney transplantation / S.L-S Fan and John Cunningham -- Histologic abnormalities of bone before and after kidney transplantation / Marie-Claude Monier-Faugere and Hartmut H. Malluche --Bone disease following kidney-pancreas and pancreas transplantation / Stuart M. Sprague -- Bone disease after liver transplantation / Nuria Guañabens and Ana Monegal -- Bone disease in patients before and after cardiac transplantation / Adi Cohen and Elizabeth Shane -- Bone loss in patients before and after lung transplantation / Emily Stein and Elizabeth Shane -- Transplantation for cystic fibrosis: effect on the skeleton / Robert M. Aris and David A. Ontjes -- Bone disease after bone marrow transplantation / Peter R. Ebeling -- Osteonecrosis and organ transplantation / Neveen A.T. Hamdy -- Pediatric transplant bone disease / Mary B. Leonard and Craig B. Langman -- -- Management of bone disease in candidates for organ transplant / Susan M. Ott -- Management: prevention of bone loss after organ transplantation / Philip Sambrook -- Management: established osteoporosis in organ transplant recipients / Ian R. Reid.Principles of transplantation immunology / Mario C. Deng ... [et al.] -- Bone biology: bone structure and remodeling / Lawrence G. Raisz -- Skeletal effects of glucocorticoids: basic and clinical aspects / Ernesto Canalis -- Transplantation bone disease induced by non-steroid immunosuppressants / Solomon Epstein, Angela M. Inzerillo, and Mone Zaidi -- Molecular effects of calcineurin inhibitors / Adina E. Schneider, Mone Zaidi, and Solomon Epstein -- Bone and the immune system / W. Neale Weitzmann and Roberto Pacifici -- -- Fracture prevalence and incidence in solid organ transplant recipients / Bart L. Clarke and Gudrun Leidig-Bruckner -- Bone histomorphometetry and its application to transplantation bone disease / Juliet Compston -- The role of parathyroid hormone in the evolution of bone loss after organ transplantation / Mishaela R. Rubin and John P. Bilezikian -- The role of hypogonadism in the evolution of bone loss before and after cardiac transplantation / Hans-Ulrich Stempfle -- Pathogenesis of transplantation bone disease: a unifying hypothesis / Richard Eastell, Kim E. Naylor, and Annie M. Cooper --
- Bone marrow and stem cell transplantation 2007, Springer Protocols
- Brain-dead organ donor 2013, SpringerIntroduction -- Historical Aspects of the Diagnosis of Death -- The Determination of Brain Death -- Legal Aspects of Declaration of Brain Death and Organ Donation.-Ethical Aspects of Declaration of Brain Death and Organ Donation -- Pathophysiology of Brain Death in Small Animal Models.-Pathophysiology of Brain Death and Effects of Hormonal Therapy in Large Animal Models.-The Efficacy of Thyroid Hormone Therapy in Brain-Dead Heart Donors: A Review of Thyroid Function in Health and Disease.-The Inflammatory Response to Brain Death -- The Influence of Brain Death and Intensive Care Management on Donor Organs: Assessment of Inflammatory Markers.-Brain-Death-Induced Inflammation: Possible Role of the Cholinergic Anti-Inflammatory Pathway -- Innate Immunity and Injury During Brain Death: Opportunities for Intervention -- Selection of the Brain-Dead Potential Organ Donor -- Infectious Disease Aspects of the Brain-Dead Potential Organ Donor -- Malignancy in the Brain-Dead Organ Donor -- Early Clinical Experience of Hormonal Therapy in the Brain-Dead Potential Organ Donor -- Assessment, Monitoring, and Management of the Brain-Dead Potential Organ Donor -- Assessment, Monitoring and Management of Brain-Dead Potential Organ Donors in Europe -- Current Management of Brain Dead Donors in Australia -- Management of the Brain-Dead Organ Donor--Perspectives of the Transplant Coordinator.-Surgical Aspects of Thoracic and Abdominal Organ Procurement from Brain-Dead Donors -- Impact of Brain Death on Storage of the Heart -- Impact of Brain Death on Abdominal Organs and Allograft Preservation Strategies -- Functional Repair of Brain Death-Induced Injury.-Functional Repair of Brain-Death-Injured Donor Lungs -- Thyroid Hormone Therapy to the Recipient of a Heart from a Brain-Dead Donor -- Current and Potential Future Trends in the Management of the Brain-Dead Organ Donor.-Maximizing Utilization of the Potential Deceased Donor--The Challenge Continues.Introduction -- Historical Aspects of the Diagnosis of Death -- The Determination of Brain Death -- Legal Aspects of Declaration of Brain Death and Organ Donation.-Ethical Aspects of Declaration of Brain Death and Organ Donation -- Pathophysiology of Brain Death in Small Animal Models.-Pathophysiology of Brain Death and Effects of Hormonal Therapy in Large Animal Models.-The Efficacy of Thyroid Hormone Therapy in Brain-Dead Heart Donors: A Review of Thyroid Function in Health and Disease.-The Inflammatory Response to Brain Death -- The Influence of Brain Death and Intensive Care Management on Donor Organs: Assessment of Inflammatory Markers.-Brain-Death-Induced Inflammation: Possible Role of the Cholinergic Anti-Inflammatory Pathway -- Innate Immunity and Injury During Brain Death: Opportunities for Intervention -- Selection of the Brain-Dead Potential Organ Donor -- Infectious Disease Aspects of the Brain-Dead Potential Organ Donor -- Malignancy in the Brain-Dead Organ Donor -- Early Clinical Experience of Hormonal Therapy in the Brain-Dead Potential Organ Donor -- Assessment, Monitoring, and Management of the Brain-Dead Potential Organ Donor -- Assessment, Monitoring and Management of Brain-Dead Potential Organ Donors in Europe -- Current Management of Brain Dead Donors in Australia -- Management of the Brain-Dead Organ Donor--Perspectives of the Transplant Coordinator.-Surgical Aspects of Thoracic and Abdominal Organ Procurement from Brain-Dead Donors -- Impact of Brain Death on Storage of the Heart -- Impact of Brain Death on Abdominal Organs and Allograft Preservation Strategies -- Functional Repair of Brain Death-Induced Injury.-Functional Repair of Brain-Death-Injured Donor Lungs -- Thyroid Hormone Therapy to the Recipient of a Heart from a Brain-Dead Donor -- Current and Potential Future Trends in the Management of the Brain-Dead Organ Donor.-Maximizing Utilization of the Potential Deceased Donor--The Challenge Continues.
- Bronchiolitis obliterans syndrome in lung transplantation 2013, SpringerBronchiolitis obliterans syndrome and chronic lung allograft dysfunction: evolving concepts and nomenclature -- Airway pathology in lung transplants -- Non-bronchiolitis obliterans syndrome forms of chronic lung allograft dysfunction -- The role of thoracic imaging in the diagnosis of BOS and related disorders -- Making a confident diagnosis of obliterative bronchiolitis -- The role of alloimmune T cell responses in obliterative bronchiolitis -- Antibody-mediated rejection and the bronchiolitis oblitereans syndrome -- Innate immune responses and bronchiolitis obliterans syndrome -- Mechanisms of fibrogenesis in post-transplant bronchiolitis obliterans -- The role of autoimmunity in the pathogenesis of obliterative bronchiolitis -- The role of infections of BOS -- Gastroesophageal reflux and aspiration in chronic lung allograft dysfunction and bronchiolitis obliterans syndrome: detection and treatment -- Bronchiolitis obliterans syndrome in children -- Immunosuppression for the prevention and treatment of BOS -- Macrolides for the treatment and prevention of BOS -- Other treatments for bronchiolitis obliterans syndrome.
- Cardio-thoracic, vascular, renal and transplant surgery 2014, SpringerWritten by "internationally acclaimed" specialists, Cardio-Thoracic, Vascular, Renal and Transplant Surgery provides pertinent and concise procedure descriptions spanning benign and malignant problems and minimally invasive procedures. Complications are reviewed when appropriate for the organ system and problem, creating a book that is both comprehensive and accessible. Stages of operative approaches with relevant technical considerations are outlined in an easily understandable manner. Forming part of the series, Surgery: Complications, Risks and Consequences, this volume Cardio-Thoracic, Vascular, Renal and Transplant Surgery provides a valuable resource for all general surgeons and residents in training. Other healthcare providers will also find this a useful resource.
- Cell transplantation for myocardial repair 2006, HighWire
- Through case presentations and a question and answer format, Clinical Decisions in Nephrology, Hypertension and Renal Transplantation provides a state of the art, updated reference for the optimal management of patients with diseases of the kidneys, and hypertension. This volume starts with the assessment of the patient, focusing on history and physical examination. Subsequently, cases depicting various clinical syndromes and/or diseases are presented, with questions centering on the appropriate diagnostic and treatment strategy. This sets the stage for a 'Socratic approach' to learning between the attending physician and the house staff or medical student.This is the only book featuring problem-oriented true to life clinical cases in this format to cover nephrology, hypertension and kidney transplantation. Written by renowned actively practicing clinicians, this unique reference is both comprehensive and concise and will be of great value to hospitalists and internists, as well as students, and interns/residents rotating in nephrology and internal medicine. Clinical practitioners, in the fields of critical care and hypertension specialists would also find this of value.
- Cord blood 2005, NAP
- Core Concepts in Renal Transplantation 2012, Springer1. Transplantation Immunobiology / Melissa Yeung -- 2. Basic Histocompatibility Testing Methods / Kathryn J. Tinckam -- 3. Medical Evaluation of the Living Kidney Donor / Julie Lin -- 4. Evaluation of Renal Transplant Candidates / Martina M. McGrath and Mario F. Rubin -- 5. Surgical Management of the Renal Transplant Recipient / Sayeed K. Malek and Stefan G. Tullius -- 6. Overview of Immunosuppressive Therapies in Renal Transplantation / Steven Gabardi and Eric M. Tichy -- 7. Allograft Dysfunction: Diagnosis and Management / Colm C. Magee -- 8. Approach to Medical Complications After Kidney Transplantation / John Vella -- 9. Infectious Complications in Renal Transplant Recipients / Erik R. Dubberke and Daniel C. Brennan -- 10. Recurrent and De Novo Glomerulonephritis After Kidney Transplantation / Austin Hunt and Mark D. Denton.
- Death, dying, and organ transplantation 2012, OSOMiller and Truog challenge fundamental doctrines of established medical ethics. They argue systematically that physicians legitimately cause the death of patients in the routine practices of withdrawing life support and vital organ donation.
- Frontiers of cord blood science 2009, Springer
- Hand transplantation 2007, Springer
- Handbook of kidney transplantation. 4th ed. 2005, OvidOptions for patients with kidney failure / William G. Goodman and Gabriel M. Danovitch -- Transplantation immunobiology / Didier A. Mandelbrot and Mohamed H. Sayegh -- Histocompatibility testing, cross-matching, and allocation of kidney transplants / J. Michael Cecka and Elaine F. Reed -- Immunosuppressive medications and protocols for kidney transplantation / Gabriel M. Danovitch -- Medical and surgical aspects of kidney donation / Elizabeth Kendrick ... [et al.] -- Evaluation and preparation of renal transplant candidates / Nauman Siddqi and Sundaram Hariharan -- The transplant operation and its surgical complications / Jennifer Singer, H. Albin Gritsch, and J. Thomas Rosenthal -- The first three posttransplant months / William J.C. Amend, Jr., Flavio Vincenti, and Stephen J. Tomlanovich -- Long-term posttransplant management and complications / Meena Sahadevan and Bertram Kasiske-- Infections in kidney transplantation / Bernard M. Kubak ... [et al.] -- Kidney transplantation and liver disease / Fabrizio Fabrizi, Suphamai Bunnapradist, and Paul Martin -- Diagnostic imaging in kidney transplantation / Peter Zimmerman, Nagesh Ragavendra, and Christiaan Schiepers -- Pathology of kidney transplantation / Cynthia C. Nast and Arthur H. Cohen -- Kidney and pancreas transplantation in diabetic patients / John D. Pirsch, Hans W. Sollinger, and Craig Smith -- Kidney transplantation in children / Samhar I. al-Akash and Robert B. Ettenger -- Psychiatric aspects of kidney transplantation / Kirk Murphy -- Ethical and legal issues surrounding kidney transplantation / Robyn S. Shapiro -- Nutrition in the kidney transplant recipient / Susan Weil Guichard -- Psychosocial and financial aspects of transplantation / Robert S. Gaston, Marci H. Gitlin.
- Hepatitis C virus and liver transplantation 2014, SpringerHepatitis C Virus and Liver Transplantation is designed to provide a comprehensive and state-of-the-art overview of the major issues specific to the field of liver transplantation and hepatitis C virus infection. The sections of the book have been structured to review the overall scope of issues of recurrent hepatitis C in different complex settings, including retransplantation, HIV-coinfected patients or in the setting of suboptimal graft donors. This book provides up-to-date information on the application of new therapies to the field of liver transplantation. It provides the most recent data on their efficacy, the management of side effects, as well as the potential interactions and specific problems associated with their use in the transplant setting. Finally, an appraisal of the risks and benefits of using organs from anti-HCV positive donors is presented.
- Hepatology and transplant hepatology 2011, SpringerGeneral hepatology: Cases 1-26 -- Advanced liver disease: Cases 27-65 -- Transplant hepatology: Cases 66-90.
- Human fetal tissue transplantation 2013, SpringerOver the past decade there have been major advances in the field of regenerative medicine with the promise to bring to reality, cures for debilitating diseases such as diabetes, heart failure, and Parkinson's disease. Cellular products from a variety of sources are being evaluated for their ability to replace damaged tissue.Fetal tissues consist of stem cells and progenitor cells which have undergone initial commitment with varying states of differentiation. Stem cells from fetal tissues may also have a greater proliferative potential than their adult counterparts. In addition, fetal derived stem and progenitor cells are immunologically naive and some sources of fetal cells, eg cord blood, have been shown to be capable of crossing greater HLA mismatching resulting in less rejection and decreased immune mediated toxicities. Given the increasing focus on HES and advances in our basic knowledge of regenerative medicine it is an appropriate time to review the biology and use of fetal tissues.Human Fetal Tissue Transplantation is a timely publication that provides details of many aspects of the potential use of fetal tissues for therapeutic applications. As many tissues are wasted on a daily basis it appropriate to raise discussion on how to maximize access to discard tissue and at the same time engage in discussion of the ethics associated with fetal tissue procurement and clinical use.
- Imaging in transplantation 2008, Springer
- Induced pluripotent stem cells in brain diseases 2012, Springer
- Kidney and pancreas transplantation 2011, SpringerThe Immune response to transplanted organs / William M. Baldwin III, Anna Valujskikh, Peter N. Lalli, and Robert L. Fairchild -- The Histocompatibility laboratory in clinical transplantation / Diane J. Pidwell and Peter N. Lalli -- Immunosuppressive therapy in kidney and pancreas transplantation / George Thomas, Saul Nurko, and Titte R. Srinivas -- Clinical pharmacologic principles and immunosuppression / Patricia West-Thielke and Bruce Kaplan -- Pathology of kidney and pancreas transplantation / Lillian Gaber and Byron P. Croker -- Design, conduct, and report of clinical trials of immunosuppressive regimens in solid organ transplantation / Agnes Costello and D. Scott Batty, Jr. -- Outcomes of kidney and pancreas transplantation / Titte R. Srinivas, Herwig-Ulf Meier-Kriesche, and Jesse D. Schold -- Medical and surgical evaluation of the adult kidney transplant candidate / Richard A. Fatica, Stuart M. Flechner, and Titte R. Srinivas -- Selection and preparation of the pancreas transplant recipient / Ho-Yee Tiong and Venkatesh Krishnamurthi -- Kidney transplant recipient surgery / Daniel A. Shoskes -- Issues and surgical techniques to expand the pool of kidneys available for transplantation / Charles S. Modlin III and Charles S. Modlin, Jr. -- Pancreas transplantation: surgical techniques / Alvin C. Wee and Venkatesh Krishnamurthi -- Laparoscopic living kidney donation / Wesley M. White and Jihad H. Kaouk -- Perioperative and anesthetic management in kidney and pancreas transplantation management / Jerome F. O'Hara Jr. and Samuel A. Irefin -- Surgical complications after kidney transplantation / Stuart M. Flechner -- Urological complications after kidney transplantation / Islam A. Ghoneim and Daniel A. Shoskes -- Medical management of kidney transplant recipients / Vidya Vootukuru and Brian Stephany -- Infectious complications: prevention and management / Robin K. Avery, Michelle Lard, and Titte R Srinivas -- Living kidney donation: pre- and post-donation evaluation and management / Jonathan Taliercio and Emilio D. Poggio -- Psychology, quality of life and rehabilitation after kidney and pancreas transplantation / Kathy L. Coffman -- Kidney allocation system for deceased donor kidneys in the United States / Islam A. Ghoneim and David A. Goldfarb -- Ethics of transplantation / David A. Goldfarb and Jerome F. O'Hara, Jr. -- World wide long-term (20-40 years) renal transplant outcomes and classification of long-term patient and allograft survivals / William E. Braun, Sankar Navaneethan, and Deborah Protiva -- Quantitative aspects of clinical reasoning: measuring endpoints and performance / Jesse D. Schold -- The Business of transplantation / Art Thomson.
- Kidney transplantation 2010, SpringerTen Things Not to Do / Dianne B. McKay and Steven M. Steinberg -- The Transplant Procedure: Surgical Techniques and Complications / Barry J. Browne -- What Is Transplant Immunology and Why Are Allografts Rejected? / Dianne B. McKay, Ken Park and David Perkins -- What Is Histocompatibility Testing and How Is It Done? / Edgar L. Milford and Indira Guleria -- Kidney Allocation: Role of UNOS and OPOs / Patricia L. Adams, Walter K. Graham and Susan Gunderson -- Live Donors: How to Optimally Protect the Donor / Robert Steiner -- Laparoscopic Donor Nephrectomy: Essentials for the Nephrologist / Arturo Martinez -- New Sources in Living Kidney Donation / Ruthanne L. Hanto, Alvin E. Roth, M. Utku Ünver and Francis L. Delmonico -- What Are Immunosuppressive Medications? How Do They Work? What Are Their Side Effects? / Peter Chung-Wen Chang and Donald E. Hricik -- Optimizing Immunosuppression / Alexander C. Wiseman and James E. Cooper -- Evaluation of Renal Allograft Dysfunction / Robert S. Gaston -- The Kidney Transplant Biopsy / Jose R. Torrealba and Milagros D. Samaniego -- Evaluation of the Kidney Transplant Candidate and Follow-Up of the Listed Patient / Roy D. Bloom and Alden M. Doyle -- The Acute Care of the Transplant Recipient / Phuong-Thu T. Pham, Phuong-Chi T. Pham and Gabriel M. Danovitch -- Post-transplant Cardiovascular Disease / Phuong-Anh T. Pham, Carmen Slavov, Phuong-Thu T. Pham and Alan H. Wilkinson -- Diabetes Mellitus and Transplantation: Risks for Post-transplant Diabetes / Phuong-Thu T. Pham, Phuong-Mai T. Pham and Alan H. Wilkinson -- Infections in Kidney Transplant Recipients / Carlos A.Q. Santos and Daniel C. Brennan -- Malignancies Before and After Transplantation / Mary B. Prendergast and Roslyn B. Mannon -- Bone Disease in Renal Transplantation / Bradford Lee West, Stuart M. Sprague and Michelle A. Josephson -- Sexuality and Pregnancy Before and After Kidney Transplantation / Martha Pavlakis and Dianne B. McKay -- Socioeconomic Issues and the Transplant Recipient / Mary Beth Callahan and Connie L. Davis -- Adherence to the Immunosuppressive Regimen in Adult and Pediatric Kidney Transplant Recipients / Fabienne Dobbels and Richard N. Fine -- Transitioning Between Pediatric and Adult Clinics / Elizabeth Ingulli.
- Kidney transplantation 2014, Springer"With the increased prevalence of kidney transplantation, transplant recipients are being treated in a variety of clinical settings -- often beyond the transplant center. There is a greater need for clinicians and allied healthcare professionals to have appropriate guidance on managing these patients. Kidney Transplantation offers the latest evidencebased information on the full range of dilemmas in the medical management of kidney transplant recipients before, during and after transplantation. Beginning with the selection of patients who are candidates for transplantation, this authoritative guide covers the care of the patient on the waiting list and evaluation of donors, preoperative care, induction and immunosuppression maintenance. This wealth of new information and guidelines will serve as an important resource for the best possible care for transplant patients."--Publisher's website.
- Know-how of face transplantation 2011, Springer
- Liver transplantation 2009, Springer
- Marginal donors 2014, SpringerIn response to persistent donor organ shortages, organs from marginal donors, such as expanded criteria donors (ECD) and donation after cardiac death (DCD) donors, are now accepted and have been successfully transplanted, reducing the waiting times for transplantation. Especially in Japan, transplantation of DCD kidneys has a relatively long history because of the difficulty or lack of national consensus in accepting brain death, which has made it possible to accumulate considerable clinical experience. Thus, the current organ shortage has stimulated interest in the use of marginal donors for transplantation. This book, prepared by distinguished authorities in their fields, is intended for clinicians and researchers. It highlights the use of marginal donors as a comparatively novel source of transplantation organs and provides a thorough overview of marginal donors from their historical origins to recent clinical applications, including the state-of-the-art science of organ/donor management, procurement, and preservation. Also provided is valuable information on ABO-incompatible donors which extend the availability of donor sources. Each chapter offers an individual analysis of the optimal requirements for the safe management and preservation of organs, including the heart, lung, liver, kidney, pancreas, and pancreatic islets.
- Meniscal transplantation 2013, SpringerMeniscal transplantation has become an attractive option in selected patients with incapacitating knee pain. This book discusses all aspects of meniscal transplantation, covering the use of both allografts and meniscal substitutes, including collagen and polyurethane implants. Acknowledged experts in the field review the basic science, explain indications, and describe surgical techniques and the results achieved to date. All the material is up to date, with information on new implants, new techniques, and new surgical approaches. Future trends in the treatment of meniscal lesions are also discussed.
- Musculoskeletal tissue regeneration : 2008, Springer
- New frontiers in regenerative medicine 2007, Springer
- New solutions for the heart 2011, SpringerThe changing population: the surgeon's challenge -- Fundamentals of the past: cardioplegia: the first period revisited -- Sites of injury: myocyte -- Sites of injury: the endothelium -- Intraoperative protection of the myocardium: effects of age and gender -- Protection of the right heart -- Protection of the failing heart -- Protection during heart transplantation -- The endothelium as target for interventions -- Vascular effects of cardioplegic arrest and cardiopulmonary bypass -- Oxygen radical scavengers -- New approaches to cardioplegia: alternatives to hyperkalemia -- Myocardial protection via the coronary venous route -- Donor heart preservation by continuous perfusion -- Visualization of cardioplegia delivery.
- Nuclear reprogramming and stem cells 2011, Springer
- Open, laparoscopic and robotic hepatic transection 2012, Springer
- Pathology of solid organ transplantation 2011, Springer
- Percutaneous treatment of left side cardiac valves 2010, SpringerPercutaneous aortic valve replacement and percutaneous mitral valve repair are emerging alternatives for high-risk patients with severe valve disease. Interventional cardiologists are faced with the challenge represented by this complex procedure. This practical guide specifically deals with a comprehensive knowledge of the techniques and approach to percutaneous treatment of left side cardiac valve disease and discusses the potential complications and expected or potential morbidity from the procedure.
- Principles of nasal reconstruction. 2nd ed. 2011, Springer
- Regenerative and cell therapy 2005, Springer
- Regenerative biology and medicine. 2nd ed. 2012, ScienceDirect
- Regenerative medicine applications in organ transplantation. 1st ed. 2014, ScienceDirect
- A massive wastage of the global resources -- Placenta as a source of stem cells and as a key organ for fetomaternal tolerance -- Placenta and umbilical cord in traditional Chinese medicine -- Use of umbilical venous blood on assessing the biochemical variations of acid-base, nutritional and metabolic parameters on growth-retarded fetuses, in comparison with gestational control cases: a study -- Umbilical cord blood transfusion and its therapeutic potentialities -- Autologous placental blood transfusion for the therapy of anemic neonates -- Cord blood: a massive waste of a life-saving resource: a perspective on its current and potential uses -- Clinical experience of cord blood autologous transfusion -- Emergency use of human cord blood -- Hemoglobin-based oxygen carriers in trauma care: the US multicenter prehospital trial -- Placental umbilical cord blood as a true blood substitute with an edge -- Implications of feto-maternal cell transfer in normal pregnancy -- Early reports on the prognostic implications and immunotherapeutic potentials of Cd34 rich cord whole blood transfusion in advanced breast cancer with severe anemia -- Anti-inflammatory effects of human cord blood and its potential implications in neurological disorders -- Transforming "waste" into gold: identification of novel stem cells resources with therapeutic potential in neuromuscular disorders -- Human umbilical cord blood cells for stroke -- Placental umbilical cord blood transfusion for stem cell therapy in neurological diseases -- Umbilical cord and its blood: a perspective on its current and potential use in ophthalmology -- Umbilical vein grafts for lower limb revascularization -- Cord blood stem cells in angiogenesis.Endothelial progenitor cells from cord blood: magic bullets against ischemia? -- Therapeutic potential of placental umbilical cord blood in cardiology -- Stem cell therapy for heart failure using cord blood -- Human umbilical cord blood mononuclear cells in the treatment of acute myocardial infarction -- Umbilical cord-derived mesenchymal stem cells -- Cord blood stem cell expansion ex vivo: current status and future strategies -- Embryonic-like stem cells and the importance of human umbilical cord blood for regenerative medicine -- Use of non-hematopoietic stem cells of fetal origin from cord blood, umbilical cord, and placenta in regeneration medicine -- Animal studies of cord blood and regeneration -- Immune privilege of cord blood -- Combination cellular therapy for regenerative medicine: the stem cell niche -- Use of cord blood in regenerative medicine -- Comparisons between related and unrelated cord blood collection and/or banking for transplantation or research: the UK NHS blood and transplant experience -- Donor and collection-related variables affecting product quality in ex utero cord blood banking -- Cord blood as a source of hematopoietic progenitors for transplantation -- Amniotic fluid and placenta stem cells -- Use of amniotic membrane, amniotic fluid, and placental dressing in advanced burn patients -- Clinical use of amniotic fluid in osteoarthritis: a source of cell therapy -- A study and follow-up (1999-2009) of human fetal neuronal tissue transplants at a heterotopic site outside the brain in cases of advanced idiopathic Parkinsonism -- Ethical issues surrounding umbilical cord blood donation and banking.
- Regenerative therapy using blood-derived stem cells 2012, Springer
- Robotic donor nephrectomy 2014, SpringerRobotic Donor Nephrectomy - A Practical Guide is a user friendly manual aimed to give both novice and mature urologists a clear and comprehensive description of robot-assisted laparoscopic donor nephrectomy through a step-by-step approach. Novel techniques such as the Laparo-Endoscopic Single-Site (LESS) surgery are examined and the editors also look at the well established multi-ports techniques using the da Vinci Surgical system. Robotic Donor Nephrectomy - A Practical Guide will help young urologists gain better understanding of the techniques of robotic-assisted surgery, and support older urologists in 'crossing the border' towards laparoscopic surgery, particularly for delicate procedures such as the donor nephrectomy.
- Stem cell and gene-based therapy 2006, SpringerHeart -- Neuro -- Musculoskeletal -- Kidney -- Eye -- Pancreas -- Hematology -- Skin.
- Ventricular remodeling in ischemic cardiomyopathy / Stefan Klotz and Daniel Burkhoff -- Myocardial regeneration: which cell and why / Elmostafa El Fahime and Jacques Tremblay -- Cardiac stem cells for myocardial regeneration / Bernardo Nadal-Ginard and Simón Méndez-Ferrer -- A historic recapitulation of myoblast transplantation / Daniel Skuk and Jacques Tremblay -- Myoblast cell transplantation preclinical studies / Doris A. Taylor and Harald Ott -- Skeletal myoblasts: the European experience / Philippe Menasche -- Skeletal myoblasts: the U. S. experience / Edward B. Diethrich -- Progenitor cells for cardiac regeneration / Ana Sánchez and Javier Garcia-Sancho -- Bone marrow derived stem cell for myocardial regeneration: preclinical experience / Bradley Martin and Mark Pittenger --Bone marrow derived stem cell for myocardial regeneration: clinical experience, surgical delivery / Manual Galiñanes -- Autologous mononuclear bone marrow cell transplantation for myocardial infarction: the German experience / Michael Brehm, Tobias Zeus and Bodo E. Strauer -- Autologous mononuclear bone marrow cell transplantation for myocardial infarction: the Spanish experience / Francisco E. Avilés ... [et al.] -- Mobilizing bone marrow stem cells for myocardial repair after acute myocardial infarction / Steve Ellis and Oussama Wazni -- Percutaneous myoblast transplantation: steps in transplantation research / Nabil Dib -- A porcine model of myocardial infarction for evaluation of cell transplantation / Nabil Dib ... [et al.] -- Tissue engineering for myocardial regeneration / Ravi K. Birla -- The role of pet scan in stem cell therapy / Uchechukwa Sampson ... [et al.] -- The measurement of systolic function in the mammalian heart / Blasé Carabello -- Electrophysiological aspects of cell transplantation / Nicholas S. Peters, Nicolas A.F. Chronos and Fernando Tondato -- Regulatory considerations in manufacturing, product testing, and preclinical development of cellular products for cardiac repair / Ellen Areman, Kim Benton and Richard McFarland.
- Stem cell transplantation 2012, SpringerSection I. Basic Aspects of Transplantation -- The Frontiers of Organ Transplantation and Cell Therapy / Rafael Matesanz -- Organ Transplantation in the 21th Century / Francisco Ortega -- Immunology and the Challenge of Transplantation / Rebeca Alonso Arias, Antonio López-Vázquez and Carlos López-Larrea -- Cellular Immunotolerance in the Transplant / Marcos Lóez-Hoyos, David San Segundo and Manuel Arias -- Immunosuppression in the ERA of Biological Agents / Josep M. Grinyó, Josep M. Cruzado, Oriol Bestard, J. R. Vidal Castiñeira and Joan Torras -- Transgenic Organs and Xenotransplants / Cristina Costa Vallés and Rafael Máñez Mendiluce -- Cell and Tissue Therapy in Regenerative Medicine / Ana Sánchez, Thomas Schimmang and Javier García-Sancho -- Section II. Adult Stem Cells -- Characteristics of Adult Stem Cells / Manuel A. Gonzalez and Antonio Bernad -- Bone Marrow Transplantation Extends Its Scope / Fermín M. Sánchez-Guijo, Alberto Orfao and María Consuelo del Cañizo -- Biology of Stem Cells: The Role of Microenvironments / Agustín G. Zapata, David Alfaro and Javier García-Ceca --Mobilization and Homing of Hematopoietic Stem Cells / Beatriz Suárez-Álvarez, Antonio López-Vázquez and Carlos López-Larrea -- Great Promise of Tissue-Resident Adult Stem/Progenitor Cells in Transplantation and Cancer Therapies / Murielle Mimeault and Surinder K. Batra -- Multipotent Mesenchymal Stromal Cells: Clinical Applications and Cancer Modeling / René Rodríguez, Javier García-Castro, Cesar Trigueros, Mariano García Arranz and Pablo Menéndez -- Section III. Embryonic Stem Cells -- Neural Stem Cells and Transplantation Studies in Parkinson's Disease / Ricardo Pardal and José López-Barneo -- Biological Impact of Human Embryonic Stem Cells / Miguel Martín and Pablo Menéndez -- Epigenetics of Embryonic Stem Cells / Vincenzo Calvanese and Mario F. Fraga -- New Tools in Regenerative Medicine: Gene Therapy / Miguel Muñoz Ruiz and José R. Regueiro -- Therapeutic Cloning and Cellular Reprogramming / Ramon M. Rodriguez, Pablo J. Ross and Jose B. Cibelli -- Section IV. Stem Cell Regenerative Medicine -- Advances in Stem Cell Therapy / Silvia Pérez López and Jesús Otero Hernández -- Tissue Bioengineering and Artificial Organs / Sara Llames, Eva García, Jesús Otero Hernández and Álvaro Meana.
- Stem cells 2006, Springer
- Stem cells and human diseases 2012, Springer
- Stem cells for myocardial regeneration 2010, Springer ProtocolsStem cells for myocardial repair and regeneration : where are we today? / Randall J. Lee -- Bone marrow-derived endothelial progenitor cells : isolation and characterization for myocardial repair / Masaaki Ii -- Umbilical cells stem cells for myocardial repair and regeneration / Nicholas Greco and Mary J. Laughlin -- Isolation of resident cardiac progenitor cells by Hoechst 33342 staining / Otmar Pfister ... [et al.] -- Mesenchymal stem cell therapy for cardiac repair / Andrew J. Boyle, Ian K. McNiece, and Joshua M. Hare -- Methods for human embryonic stem cells derived cardiomyocytes cultivation, genetic manipulation, and transplantation / Gil Arbel ... [et al.] -- Experimental cell transplantation therapy in rat myocardial infarction model including nude rat preparation / Wangde Dai and Robert A. Kloner -- Large animal model of heart failure for assessment of stem cells / Sharad Rastogi -- Histopathologic assessment of myocardial regeneration / Naima Carter-Monroe ... [et al.] -- Assessment of myocardial angiogenesis and vascularity in small animal models / Matthew L. Springer -- Superparamagnetic iron oxide labeling of stem cells for MRi tracking and delivery in cardiovascular disease / Dorota A. Kedziorek and Dara L. Kraitchman -- Embryonic stem cell biology : insights from molecular imaging / Karim Sallam and Joseph C. Wu -- Genetic fate-mapping for studying adult cardiomyocyte replenishment after myocardial injury / Sunny S.-K. Chan ... [et al.] -- In vitro electrophysiological mapping of stem cells / Seth Weinberg, Elizabeth A. Lipke, and Leslie Tung -- Assessment of cardiac conduction : basic principles of optical mapping / Chunhua Ding and Thomas H. Everett IV -- Surface patterning for generating defined nanoscale matrices / Karen L. Christman and Heather D. Maynard.
- Stroke recovery with cellular therapies 2008, SpringerSafety and efficacy of transplanting immortalized neural stem cells in stroke patients -- Transplantation of bone marrow stromal cells for the treatment of stroke -- Cord blood cells as a treatment for stroke -- Adipose-derived stem cells as a potential therapy for stroke -- Novel imaging modalities to monitor implanted embryonic stem cells in stroke -- Cell transplantation for intracerebral hemorrhage -- Therapeutic strategies employing endogenous neural stem cells in tissue remodeling following ischemic injury: the promise, the peril and novel future applications -- Ethics and stem cell research -- Special conditions in the design of clinical stroke trials for cell transplantation.
- Surgical technique of the abdominal organ procurement 2009, Springer
- Tendon transfer for irreparable cuff tear 2011, Springer
- Therapy with cultured cells 2010, CRCnetBASECultured cells for therapy are now being prepared by industries in the US, Japan and Korea and are used in the aforesaid countries as well as France, Sweden and Greece, for the treatment of disease. This title describes the discoveries in the author's laboratory that led to therapy with cultured cells.
- Transplantation immunology 2006, Springer ProtocolsCurrent status of renal transplantation / Christopher J. Callaghan and J. Andrew Bradley -- Current status of liver transplantation / Peter J. Friend and Charles J. Imber -- Current status of islet transplantation / Jonathan R.T. Lakey, Mohammadreza Mirbolooki, and A.M. James Shapiro -- Current status of lung transplantation / Allan R. Glanville -- Chronic rejection in the heart / Philip Hornick and Marlene Rose -- Direct and indirect allorecognition / Philip Hornick -- HLA typing and its influence on organ transplantation / Stephen Sheldon and Kay Poulton -- Strategies for gene transfer to solid organs: viral vectors / Charlotte Lawson -- Nonviral vectors / Louise Collins -- Detection and clinical relevance of antibodies after transplantation / John D. Smith and Marlene Rose --Reprogramming the immune system using antibodies / Luis Graca and Hermann Waldmann -- In vitro assays for immune monitoring in transplantation / Maria P. Hernandez-Fuentes and Alan Salama -- Proteomics and laser microdissection / Emma McGregor and Ayesha DeSouza -- Real-time quantitative polymerase chain reaction in cardiac transplant research / Leanne E. Felkin, Anne B. Taegtmeyer, and Paul J.R. Barton -- Organ preservation / Mark Hicks ... [et al.] -- Pharmacological manipulation of the rejection response / Peter Mark Anthony Hopkins -- Experimental models of graft arteriosclerosis / Bezhad Soleimani and Victor C. Shi.
- Transplantation of composite tissue allografts 2008, SpringerThe establishment of composite tissue allotransplantation as a clinical reality / Joseph E. Murray -- The evolution of composite tissue allotransplantation: the twentieth century realization of "Cosmas and Damian" / Chad R. Gordon ... [et al.] -- The impact of the discovery of cyclosporine on transplantation of composite tissue allografts / Zsolt T. Csapo, Bence Forgacs, and Barry D. Kahan -- The first limb transplants with cyclosporine / Christopher J. Salgado, Samir Mardini, and Charles W. Hewitt -- Translational research in composite tissue allotransplantation / Linda C. Cendales, David E. Kleiner, and Allan D. Kirk -- Relative antigenicity of allograft components and differential rejection / Jignesh Unadkat ... [et al.] -- On the road to tolerance induction in composite tissue allotransplantation / Mark A. Hardy -- Donor-specific tolerance / Au H. Bui, Gerald Lipshutz, and Jerzy Kupiec-Weglinski -- Immune tolerance induction: basic concepts for composite tissue allotransplantation / Patricio Andrades, Clement Asideu, and Judith M. Thomas -- Allograft survival with calcineurin inhibitors / Neil F. Jones and Esther Voegelin -- Long-term prevention of rejection and combination drug therapy / Thomas H. Tung -- Locoregional immunosuppression in composite tissue allografting / Scott A. Gruber -- New approaches to antibody therapy / Dalibor Vasilic, Moshe Kon, and Cedric G. Francois -- World experience of hand transplantation-independent assessment / W.P. Andrew Lee, Justin M. Sacks, and Elaine K. Horibe -- Hand transplantation: Lyon experience / Palmina Petruzzo ... [et al.] -- Hand transplantation: the Louisville experience / Vijay S. Gorantla and Warren C. Breidenbach III -- Hand transplantation: the Innsbruck experience / Stefan Schneeberger, Marina Ninkovic, and Raimund Margreiter -- Vascularized bone marrow transplantation / Chau Y. Tai ... [et al.] -- Vascularized bone marrow transplantation: pathology of composite tissue transplantation-induced graft-versus-host-disease / Rajen Ramsamooj and Charles W. Hewitt -- Immune cell redistribution after vascularized bone marrow transplantation / Waldemar L. Olszewski and Marek Durlik -- Vascularized knee transplantation / Michael Diefenbeck and Gunther O. Hofmann -- Tracheal transplantation / Gabriel M. Marta and Walter Klepetko -- Laryngeal transplantation / Robert R. Lorenz and Marshall Strome -- Face transplantation / Maria Siemionow and Galip Agaoglu -- The role of allografts in lower extremity reconstruction / Milton B. Armstrong, Ricardo Jimenez-Lee, and Eddie Manning -- Skin allografts in scalp reconstruction / Peter C. Neligan -- Abdominal wall transplantation / Chau Y. Tai and Susan E. Mackinnon -- Live-donor nerve transplantation / Scott A. Gruber and Pedro Mancias -- Ethical and policy concerns of hand/face transplantation / Rhonda Gay Hartman -- Ethical debate on human face transplantation / François Petit -- Psychosocial issues in composite tissue allotransplantation / Barckley Storey ... [et al.] -- Composite tissue transplantation in the twenty-first century / Kirby S. Black and Charles W. Hewitt.
- Anatomy and physiology of the spinal cord / Antal Nógrádi and Gerta Vrbová -- Recovery of function after spinal cord injury / Gavin Clowry and Urszula Slawinska -- Recovery of lost spinal cord function by facilitating the spinal cord circuits below the lesion / Urszula Slawinska -- Encouraging regeneration of host neurones: the use of peripheral nerve bridges, glial cells or biomaterials / Antal Nógrádi -- Encouraging regeneration of host neurons: transplantation of neural tissues into the injured spinal cord grafts of embryonic neural tissue / Gerta Vrbová -- Replacement of specific neuronal populations in the spinal cord / Antal Nógrádi -- Replacement of specific populations of cells: glial cell transplantation into the spinal cord / Antal Nógrádi.
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- AAP Red Book Online
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Sabiston Textbook of Surgery
- Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics
- Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics
- Mandell, Douglas, & Bennett's Principles & Practice of Infectious Diseases
- Red Book Online
- ICU Book
- Primary Care Medicine
- Campbell-Walsh Urology
Shortcut to Licensed Content
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Links” (IE7) or “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
What is it?
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) gives you access to resources licensed by the library even when you're not coming from a Lane or a Stanford IP address.
While we'd like Lane to be your gateway to our licensed content, we recognize that links to books, articles and journals come from a variety of different sources (Google, your email, RSS reader, etc.).
When installed, it will look your browser bookmark.
At the page you would like to proxy, click the "Lane Gateway to Licensed Content" to invoke it.
If Lane licenses that content, you'll get access as if you were on campus.
How does it work?
This allows you to view the URL as though you were on campus, giving you access to materials licensed for use by the Stanford academic community.
If you're not authenticated, you'll be prompted for your SUNetID and password.
Don't see the Toolbar, Bookmarks, or Links or Favorites bar?
From the "View" menu, select "Toolbars" & choose "Bookmarks Toolbar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Show Bookmarks Bar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Always Show Bookmarks Bar"
- Right-click in a clear area near the browser address bar
- In the menu, check a box next "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites" (IE8, IE9)
- Managing IE Favorites
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) only works with resources Lane has licensed and configured to work with our proxy server.
If invoked on a resource we do not license and/or have not yet configured, you will see an error message:
The Lane proxy server cannot complete your request because this host has not been configured properly.
We make no attempt to configure our proxy server for every resource, only those we license and for which a Stanford IP address grants access.
Drag this button onto your browser toolbar to install.
- Right click this button
- Select "Add to Favorites", click "Continue" if you see a security alert
- In "Create in" menu, select "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites Bar" (IE8, IE9) to install
Drag this button onto Safari Bookmarks bar to install.
- Springer Protocols
- MD Consult
- Lange Series
- National Academy Press
- NCBI Bookshelf
- Thieme Atlases