Books by Subject
- "Venomous" bites from non-venomous sn...
- — Immunotoxicology of drugs and chemica...
- In vitro neurotoxicology ...............
- — Toxicology of organophosphate and car...
- Toxicology of the gastrointestinal tr...
- — WHO Human health risk assessment tool...
- "Venomous" bites from non-venomous snakes 2011, ScienceDirectThis book is the first significant contribution to thoroughly examine the potential hazards associated with snakes of the former family, Colubridae. This family contained >65% of living snake species (approximately 3,000 taxa) and has recently been split into multiple families. Many of these snakes produce oral secretions that contain toxins and other biologically-active substances. A large variety of these snakes figure in the pet industry, yet little documented information or formal study of their potential medical importance has been published. Therefore, although the possible medical importance of many of these species has been subjected to speculation since the mid-nineteenth century, there is a limited amount of useful descriptive information regarding the real hazard (or lack thereof) of snakes belonging to this diverse, artificial family. There is a need for "one-stop shopping" offering information regarding their possible toxicity and clinical relevance as well as recommendations for medical management of their bites. This book is the first synthesis of this information and includes evidence-based risk assessment, hazard rankings and specific recommendations regarding important species, many common in captivity. Fills a gap in the toxinological, medical and herpetological literature by providing a comprehensive review of this entire assemblage of snakes, with particular attention given to their capacity, real or rumored, to cause harm to humans A patient-centered, evidence-based approach is applied to analyzing documented case reports of bites inflicted by approximately 100 species. Clinical management of medically significant bites from non-front-fanged colubroids is methodically reviewed, and specific recommendations are provided.
- 5 minute toxicology consult 2000, Ovid
- Acrylamide and other hazardous compounds in heat-treated foods 2006, CRCnetBASEpt. 1. Formation and analysis of hazardous compounds in heat-treated foods -- pt. 2. Health risks of acrylamide and other hazardous compounds in heat-treated foods -- pt. 3. Minimising the formation of hazardous compounds in foods during heat treatment.
- Activation and detoxification enzymes 2012, Springer
- Adverse effects of engineered nanomaterials. 1st ed. 2012, ScienceDirectA. Engineered nanomaterials: hazard, exposure and safety assessment. Interactions with the human body / Renato Colognato ... [et al.] -- Exposure assessment / Antonio Bergamaschi, Ivo Iavicoli and Kai Savolainen -- Biomonitoring / Enrico bergamaschi and Andrea Magrini -- Critical evaluation of toxicity tests / Maria Dusinska ... [et al.] -- Computational approaches / Vidana Epa, Dave Winkler and Lang Tran -- Regulation and legislation / Maureen R. Gwinn and Birgit Sokull-Klüttgen -- B. Engineered nanomaterials: impact on human health. Respiratory system / Ken Donaldson and Craig Poland -- Cardiovascular system / Jennifer B. Raftis, Nicholas L. Mills and Rodger Duffin -- Neurological system / Sandra Ceccatelli and Giuseppe Bardi -- Immune system / Diana Boraschi and Albert Duschl -- Skin / Nancy A. Monteiro-Riviere and Francesca Larese Filon -- Gastrointestinal tract / Mark A. Jepson -- Reproductive toxicity / Karin Sørig Hougaard and Luisa Campagnolo -- Genotocicity and cancer / Shareen H. Doak, Ying Liu and Chunying Chen -- C. Biomedical applications of engineered nanomaterials. Diagnostic applications / Kalcheng and Zhen Cheng -- Therapeutic applications / Cyrill Bussy ... [et al.] -- Annex: synthesis of engineered nanomaterials / Muhammet S. toprak, Gulaim A. Seisenbaeva and Vadim G. Kessler.
- Aflatoxin and food safety 2005, CRCnetBASE
- Allelopathy 2006, SpringerGeneral -- Methodological aspects -- Physiological aspects of allelopathy -- Ecophysiology and allelopathy -- Ecological aspects of allelopathy -- Allelopathy in different environments -- Applied aspects of allelopathy.
- Analysis of pesticides in food and environmental samples 2008, CRCnetBASEPesticides: classification and properties / José L. Tadeo, Consuelo Sánchez-Brunete, Lorena González -- Sample handling of pesticides in food and environmental samples / Esther Turiel, Antonio Martín-Esteban -- Analysis of pesticides by chromatographic techniques coupled with mass spectrometry / Simon Hird -- Immunoassays and biosensors / Jeanette M. Van Emon ... [et al.] -- Quality assurance / Árpád Ambrus -- Determination of pesticides in food of vegetal origin / Frank J. Schenck, Jon W. Wong -- Determination of pesticides in food of animal origin / Antonia Garrido Frenich, Jose Luis Martinez, Adrian Covaci -- Determination of pesticides in soil / Consuelo Sánchez-Brunete, Beatriz Albero, José L. Tadeo -- Determination of pesticides in water / Jay Gan, Svetlana Bondarenko -- Sampling and analysis of pesticides in the atmosphere / Maurice Millet -- Levels of pesticides in food and food safety aspects / Kit Granby ... [et al.] -- Monitoring of pesticides in the environment / Ioannus Konstantinou ... [et al.].
- Analytical and practical aspects of drug testing in hair 2007, CRCnetBASEDrug incorporation into hair / Robert Kronstrand and Karen Scott -- Passive exposure, decontamination procedures, cutoffs, and bias: pitfalls in the interpretation of hair analysis results for cocaine use / David A. Kidwell and Frederick P. Smith -- Opioids testing in hair / Michel Yegles and Robert Wennig -- Hair analysis for cocaine / Carmen Jurado -- Determination of cannabinoids in human hair / Michael Uhl -- Amphetamine determination in hair / Vincent Cirimele -- Pharmaceuticals in hair / Marjorie Cheze, Marc Deveaux, Gaelle Duffort, Francis Billault, and Gilbert Pepin -- Screening strategies in hair analysis on drugs / Hans Sachs -- Clinical applications of hair analysis / Simona Pichini, Oscar Garcia-Algar, and Rafael de la Torre -- Hair in postmortem toxicology / Robert Kronstrand and Henrik Druid -- Detection of doping agents in human hair / Pascal Kintz -- Applications of hair in drug-facilitated crime evidence / Marion Villain -- Application of hair in driving-license regranting / Manfred R. Moeller, Hans Sachs, and Fritz Pragst -- Alcohol markers in hair / Fritz Pragst and Michel Yegles -- Workplace drug testing using hair samples / Thomas Cairns, Michael Schaffer, and Virginia Hill -- Metals / Jean-Pierre Goulle.
- Animal hematotoxicology 2008, CRCnetBASEHemopoiesis, blood cell types, and bone marrow examination -- Erythrocytes, anemias, and polycythemia -- Additional erythrocytic measurements -- Iron, associated proteins, and vitamins -- Leukocytes -- Immunotoxicology -- Hemostasis -- Pre-analytical variables -- Analytical variables and biosafety -- Data processing and interpretation.
- Animal models in toxicology. 2nd ed. 2007, CRCnetBASEThe mouse -- The rat -- The hamster -- The guinea pig -- The rabbit -- The ferret -- The dog -- Primates -- The minipig -- Alternative species / Shayne C. Gad -- Clinical pathology of laboratory animals / Robert L. Hall -- Model selection and scaling / Shayne C. Gad -- Susceptibility factors / Shayne C. Gad -- Laws and regulations governing animal care and use in research / Shayne C. Gad.
- Asbestos 2005, CRCnetBASE
- Bioassays with arthropods. 2nd ed. 2007, CRCnetBASE
- Biodefense 2006, CRCnetBASE
- Carbon black, titanium dioxide, and talc 2010, IARCCarbon Black -- 1. Exposure data -- 2. Studies of cancer in humans -- 3. Studies of cancer in experimental animals -- 4. Mechanistic and other relevant data -- 5. Summary of data reported -- 6. Evaluation and rationale -- -- Titaniium Dioxide -- 1. Exposure data -- 2. Studies of cancer in humans -- 3. Studies of cancer in experimental animals -- 4. Mechanistic and other relevant data -- 5. Summary of data reported -- 6. Evaluation and rationale -- -- Talc Not Containing Asbestiform Fibres -- 1. Exposure data -- 2. Studies of cancer in humans -- 3. Studies of cancer in experimental animals -- 4. Mechanistic and other relevant data -- 5. Summary of data reported -- 6. Evaluation and rationale.
- Carbon monoxide poisoning 2008, CRCnetBASE
- Carbon nanotubes 2008, CRCnetBASE
- Print MaterialUnit I: General principles of toxicology -- History and scope of toxicology / Michael A. Gallo -- Principles of toxicology / David L. Eaton and Steven G. Gilbert -- Mechanisms of toxicity / Zoltán Gregus -- Risk assessment / Elaine M. Faustman and Gilbert S. Omenn -- Unit II: Disposition of toxicants -- Absorption, Distribution, and excretion of toxicants / Lois D. Lehman-McKeeman -- Biotransformation of xenobiotics / Andrew Parkinson and Brian W. Ogilvie -- Toxicokinetics / Danny D. Shen -- Unit III: Non-organ-directed toxicity -- Chemical carcinogens / James E. Klaunig and Lisa M. Kamendulis -- Genetic toxicology / R. Julian Preston and George R. Hoffmann -- Developmental toxicology / John M. Rogers and Robert J. Kavlock -- Unit IV: Target organ toxicity -- Toxic responses of the blood / John C. Bloom and John T. Brandt -- Toxic responses of the immune system / Norbert E. Kaminski ... [et al.] -- Toxic responses of the liver / Hartmut Jaeschke -- Toxic responses of the kidney / Rick G. Schnellmann -- Toxic responses of the respiratory system / Hanspeter R. Witschi ... [et al.] -- Toxic responses of the nervous system / Virginia C. Moser ... [et al.] -- Toxic responses of the ocular and visual system / Donald A. Fox and William K. Boyes -- Toxic responses of the heart and vascular system / Y. James Kang -- Toxic responses of the skin / Robert H. Rice and Theodora M. Mauro -- Toxic responses of the reproductive system / Paul M.D. Foster and L. Earl Gray Jr. -- Toxic responses of the endocrine system / Charles C. Capen -- Unit V: Toxic agents -- Toxic effects of pesticides / Lucio G. Costa -- Toxic effects of metals / Jie Liu, Robert A. Goyer, and Michael P. Waalkes -- Toxic effects of solvents and vapors / James V. Bruckner, S. Satheesh Anand, and D. Alan Warren -- Health effects of radiation and radioactive materials / Naomi H. Harley -- Properties and toxicities of animal venoms / John B. Watkins, III -- Toxic effects of plants / Stata Norton -- Unit VI: Environmental toxicology -- Air pollution / Daniel L. Costa -- Ecotoxicology / Richard T. Di Giulio and Michael C. Newman -- Unit VII: Applications of toxicology -- Food toxicology / Frank N. Kotsonis and George A. Burdock -- Analytic/forensic toxicology / Alphonse Poklis -- Clinical toxicology / Louis R. Cantilena Jr. -- Occupational toxicology / Peter S. Thorne.
- Chemical migration and food contact materials 2007, CRCnetBASEpt. 1. Regulation and quality control of chemical migration into food -- pt. 2. Assessing the risks and improving the safety of food contact materials -- pt. 3. Chemical migration from particular food contact materials.
- Chemical pesticides 2004, CRCnetBASE
- Chemical warfare agents. 2nd ed. 2008, CRCnetBASEBrief history and use of chemical warfare agents in warfare and terrorism / Harry Salem, Andrew L. Ternay, Jr., and Jeffery K. Smart -- The chemistry of chemical warfare agents / Peter Kikilo, Vitaly Fedorenko, and Andrew L. Ternay, Jr. -- Chemical warfare agent threat to drinking water / Harry Salem ... [et al.] -- Health effects of low-level exposure to nerve agents / John H. McDonough and James A. Romano, Jr. -- Toxicokinetics of nerve agents / Marcel J. van der Schans, Hendrik P. Benschop, and Christopher E. Whalley -- Application of genomic, proteomic, and metabolomic technologies to the development of countermeasures against chemical warfare agents / Jennifer Sekowski and James Dillman -- Novel approaches to medical protection against chemical warfare nerve agents / Ashima Saxena ... [et al.] -- Nerve agent bioscavengers : progress in development of a new mode of protection against organophosphorus exposure / David E. Lenz ... [et al.] -- Butyrylcholinesterase and its synthetic C-terminal peptide confer in-vitro suppression of amyloid fibrils formation / Erez Podoly ... [et al.] -- A novel medical countermeasure for organophosphorus intoxication : connection to Alzheimer's disease and dementia / Edna F. R. Pereira ... [et al.] -- Inhalation toxicology of nerve agents / Paul A. Dabisch ...[et al.] -- Vesicants and oxidative stress / Milton G. Smith ...[et al.] -- Health effects of exposure to vesicant agents / Charles G. Hurst and William J. Smith -- Cyanides : toxicology, clinical presentation, and medical management / Bryan Ballantyne and Harry Salem -- Chemicals used for riot control and personal protection / Harry Salem, Bryan Ballantyne, and Sydney Katz -- Mechanism of action of botulinum neurotoxin and overview of medical countermeasure development for intoxication / Michael Adler ... [et al.] -- Ricin and related toxins : review and perspective / Charles B. Millard and Ross D. LeClaire -- Screening smokes : applications, toxicology, clinical considerations and medical management / Bryan Ballantyne and Harry Salem -- Clinical detection of exposure to chemical warfare agents / Benedict R. Capacio ... [et al.] -- Personal protective equipment (ppe) : practical and theoretical considerations / Michael R. Jones -- Chemical warfare agent decontamination from skin / Brian J. Lukey ... [et al.] -- Chemical warfare, chemical terrorism, and traumatic stress responses : an assessment of psychological impact / James A. Romano, Jr. ... [et al.] -- Emergency response to a chemical warfare agent incident : domestic preparedness, first response, and public health considerations / David H. Moore and Barbara Saunders-Price -- Emergency medical response to a chemical terrorist attack / Stephen A. Pulley and Michael R. Jones.
- Chemicals, environment, health 2012, CRCnetBASE
- Chemistry and safety of acrylamide in food 2005, Springer
- Chimeric toxins 2002, CRCnetBASE
- Cholera toxins 2009, Springer
- Chromium (VI) handbook 2005, CRCnetBASE
- Cobalt in hard metals and cobalt sulfate, gallium arsenide, indium phosphide, and vanadium pentoxide 2006, IARCMetallic cobalt particles (with or without tungsten carbide) -- Introduction to the monographs on gallium arsenide and indium phosphide. Studies of cancer in humans -- Gallium arsenide -- Indium phosphide -- Vanadium pentoxide.
- Comparative toxicogenomics. 1st ed. 2008, ScienceDirect
- Computational toxicology 2013, ScienceDirectComputational Toxicology: Methods and Applications for Risk Assessment is an essential reference on the translation of computational toxicology data into information that can be used for more informed risk assessment decision-making. This book is authored by leading international investigators who have real-world experience in relating computational toxicology methods to risk assessment. Key topics of interest include QSAR modeling, chemical mixtures, applications to metabolomic and metabonomic data sets, toxicogenomic analyses, applications to REACH informational strategies and much more. With a free companion website featuring an image bank from the book and web links for further research and reading, this authoritative reference is your complete guide to computational toxicology methods and applications to risk assessment. Authored by leading international researchers engaged in cutting-edge applications of computational methods for translating complex toxicological data sets into useful risk assessment information. Incorporates real-world examples of how computational toxicological methods have been applied to advance the science of risk assessment Provides the framework necessary for new technologies and fosters common vocabularies and principles upon which the effects of new chemical entities should be compared.
- Criminal poisoning. 2nd ed. 2007, SpringerPoisoners throughout history -- Types of poisons -- Poisoners -- Victims -- Crime scene investigation -- The forensic autopsy -- Proving poisoning -- Poisoners in court -- Poisoning in fiction -- Conclusion.
- Current protocols in toxicology 1999-, Wiley
- Cyanide in water and soil 2006, CRCnetBASE
- Cyanobacterial toxins of drinking water supplies 2005, CRCnetBASE
- Cytotoxins and immunotoxins for cancer therapy 2005, CRCnetBASE
- DDT in indoor residual spraying 2011, WHOPart A. Report of WHO expert consultation on DDT rish characterization -- 1. Introduction -- 2. Consensus statement -- Part B. Hazard and exposure assessments -- 1. Summary and conclusions -- 2. Chemical identity -- 3. Exposure sources and metrics -- 4. Kinetics and metabolism -- 5. Hepatic effects and enzyme induction -- 6. Neurotoxicity -- 7. Immunotoxicity -- 8. Carcinogenicity -- 9. Genotoxicity -- 10. Endocrinological and reproductive effects -- 11. Hazard characterization -- 12. Exposure assessment.
- Dermal absorption models in toxicology and pharmacology 2005, CRCnetBASE
- Dermatotoxicology. 6th ed. 2004, CRCnetBASE
- Detection of bacteria, viruses, parasites and fungi 2010, SpringerPart 1. BIOTERRORISM PREVENTION -- Bioterrorism: A Potential Weapon for Terrorist Attacks Through Food and Water Contamination: Evolution of Our Understanding of the Use of Chemical and Bacteriological Weapons / Vincenzo Costigliola and Franco Quagliata -- Detection and Quantification of Bacteria and Fungi Using Solid-Phase Cytometry / Lies ME Vanhee, Eva D'Haese, Ils Cools, Hans J Nelis and Tom Coenye -- Vulnerability Assessment and Mapping of Akounq Groundwater Body, Armenia / Vahram Vardanyan and Artashes Aginian -- Part 2. BACTERIA DIAGNOSTIC TESTS -- Methods for Detection of Shiga-Toxin Producing Escherichia coli (STEC) / Jordan Madic -- Genetic Diversity of Enterococci in Bryndza Cheese / Roman Dušinský, Anna Belicová, Libor Ebringer, Dušan Jurkovič and Lívia Križková, et al. -- Salmonella Infections / Constantine Arvanitakis -- Molecular Diagnostics of Staphylococcus aureus / Jiří Doškař, Roman Pantůček, Vladislava Růžičková and Ivo Sedláček -- Molecular Methods to Detect Bacillus cereus and Bacillus thuringiensis in Foods / Marisa Manzano, Lucilla Iacumin, Cristina Giusto and Giuseppe Comi -- Control of Listeria monocytogenes in San Daniele Dry Cured Ham by Different Technologies: Reduction of L. Monocytogenes in Dry Cured Ham / Lucilla Iacumin, Marisa Manzano, Milena Osualdini, Carlo Cantoni and Giuseppe Comi -- Part 3. VIRAL INFECTIONS -- Epidemiology and Diagnosis of Hepatitis B in the Mediterranean Region and Elsewhere / Nurdan Tözün, Özdal Ersoy, Fatih Eren and Veysel Tahan -- Hepatitis E Virus (HEV) - An Emerging Viral Pathogen / Avrelija Cencič and Walter Chingwaru -- Dengue Virus Diagnostics / Evgeni Eltzov, Danit Atias, Levi Gheber and Robert S. Marks -- Part 4. PARASITES AND FUNGI -- Infectious Forms of Parasites in Food: Man Embedded in Ecosystems / Eduardo Dei-Cas, Cécile-Marie Aliouat, Gabriela Certad, Colette Creusy and Karine Guyot -- Unusual Developmental Pattern of Expression of Enzymes Involved in DNA Biosynthesis in Trichinella spiralis and Trichinella pseudospiralis / Magdalena Dąbrowska, Barbara Gołos, Elżbieta Wałajtys-Rode, Patrycja Wińska and Joanna Cieśla, et al. -- Immunodulation and Helminths: Towards New Strategies for Treatment of Immune-Mediated Diseases? / Fabrizio Bruschi, Lorena Chiumiento and Gianfranco Del Prete -- Parasites and Oncogenesis with a Special Reference to Gastro-Intestinal Neoplasia Induced by Cryptosporidium parvum / C Creusy, G Certad, K Guyot and E Dei-Cas -- Smart Biosensors for Determination of Mycotoxines / Lyubov Yotova, Ivo Grabchev, Rossica Betcheva and Dessislava Marinkova.
- Detection technologies for chemical warfare agents and toxic vapors 2005, CRCnetBASE
- Developmental and reproductive toxicology. 2nd ed. 2006, CRCnetBASE
- Developmental immunotoxicology 2005, CRCnetBASE
- Draft toxicological profile for 1,3-butadiene 2009, ATSDR
- Draft toxicological profile for 1,4-dioxane 2007, ATSDR
- Draft toxicological profile for acrylamide 2009, ATSDR
- Draft toxicological profile for cadmium 2008, ATSDR
- Draft toxicological profile for carbon monoxide 2009, ATSDR
- Draft toxicological profile for chromium 2008, ATSDR
- Draft toxicological profile for manganese 2008, ATSDR
- Draft toxicological profile for perfluoroalkyls 2009, ATSDR
- Draft toxicological profile for plutonium 2007, ATSDR
- Draft toxicological profile for radon 2008, ATSDR
- Draft toxicological profile for RDX 2010, ATSDR
- Draft toxicological profile for styrene 2007, ATSDR
- Draft toxicological profile for vanadium 2009, ATSDR
- Drug residues in foods 2001, CRCnetBASE
- Drug safety evaluation 2009, Springer ProtocolsDeveloping Combination Drugs in Preclinical Studies / Alberto Lodola -- Preclinical Evaluation of Juvenile Toxicity / Paul C. Barrow, Stéphane Barbellion, Jeanne Stadler -- Necropsy and Sampling Procedures in Rodents / Laurence Fiette, Mohamed Slaoui -- Histopathology Procedures: From Tissue Sampling to Histopathological Evaluation / Mohamed Slaoui, Laurence Fiette -- Principles and Methods of Immunohistochemistry / José A. Ramos-Vara -- Tissue Microarrays and Digital Image Analysis / Denise Ryan, Laoighse Mulrane, Elton Rexhepaj, William M. Gallagher -- Micronucleus Assay and Labeling of Centromeres with FISH Technique / Ilse Decordier, Raluca Mateuca, Micheline Kirsch-Volders -- The Use of Bacterial Repair Endonucleases in the Comet Assay / Andrew R. Collins -- Manual Whole-Cell Patch-Clamping of the HERG Cardiac K+ Channel / Xiao-Liang Chen, Jiesheng Kang, David Rampe -- Generation and Analysis of Transcriptomics Data / Philip D. Glaves, Jonathan D. Tugwood -- Protocols of Two-Dimensional Difference Gel Electrophoresis to Investigate Mechanisms of Toxicity / Emmanuelle Com, Albrecht Gruhler, Martine Courcol, Jean-Charles Gautier -- Protocols and Applications of Cellular Metabolomics in Safety Studies Using Precision-Cut Tissue Slices and Carbon 13 NMR / Gabriel Baverel, Sophie Renault, Hassan Faiz, Maha Hage, Catherine Gauthier, Agnès Duplany, Bernard Ferrier, Guy Martin -- Statistical Analysis of Quantitative RT-PCR Results / Richard Khan-Malek, Ying Wang -- Evaluation of Mitochondrial Respiration in Cultured Rat Hepatocytes / Jean-Pierre Marchandeau, Gilles Labbe -- FETAX Assay for Evaluation of Developmental Toxicity / Isabelle Mouche, Laure Malesic, Olivier Gillardeaux -- Evaluation of Embryotoxicity Using the Zebrafish Model / Lisa Truong, Stacey L. Harper, Robert L. Tanguay -- Protocols of In Vitro Protein Covalent Binding Studies in Liver / Jean-François Lévesque, Stephen H. Day, Allen N. Jones -- Utilization of MALDI-TOF to Determine Chemical-Protein Adduct Formation In Vitro / Ashley A. Fisher, Matthew T. Labenski, Terrence J. Monks, Serrine S. Lau -- Utilization of LC-MS/MS Analyses to Identify Site-Specific Chemical Protein Adducts In Vitro / Ashley A. Fisher, Matthew T. Labenski, Terrence J. Monks, Serrine S. Lau / One-Dimensional Western Blotting Coupled to LC-MS/MS Analysis to Identify Chemical-Adducted Proteins in Rat Urine / Matthew T. Labenski, Ashley A. Fisher, Terrence J. Monks, Serrine S. Lau -- Identification of Chemical-Adducted Proteins in Urine by Multi-dimensional Protein Identification Technology (LC/LC-MS/MS) / Matthew T. Labenski, Ashley A. Fisher, Terrence J. Monks, Serrine S. Lau -- Optimization of SELDI for Biomarker Detection in Plasma / Jean-Francois Léonard, Martine Courcol, Jean-Charles Gautier -- Differential Proteomics Incorporating iTRAQ Labeling and Multi-dimensional Separations / Ben C. Collins, Thomas Y. Lau, Stephen R. Pennington, William M. Gallagher -- NMR and MS Methods for Metabonomics / Frank Dieterle, Björn Riefke, Götz Schlotterbeck, Alfred Ross, Hans Senn, Alexander Amberg -- Absolute Quantification of Toxicological Biomarkers by Multiple Reaction Monitoring / Thomas Y. Lau, Ben C. Collins, Peter Stone, Ning Tang, William M. Gallagher, Stephen R. Pennington.
- Drug testing in alternate biological specimens 2008, Springer
- Drug-induced liver disease. 3rd ed. 2013, ScienceDirectI. Mechanisms of liver injury. Drug-induced liver injury / Neil Kaplowitz -- Cytochrome P450 activation of toxins and hepatotoxicity / F. Peter Guengerich -- Mechanistic role of acyl glucuronides / Howard Horng, Hilde Spahn-Langguth, and Leslie Z. Benet -- Oxidant stress, antioxidant defense, and liver injury / Mitchell R. McGill and Hartmut Jaeschke -- Hepatotoxicity due to mitochondrial injury / John J. Lemasters -- Mechanisms of cell death and relevance to drug toxicity / Lily Dara, Derick Han, and Neil Kaplowitz -- Role of membrane transport in hepatotoxicity and pathogenesis of drug-induced cholestasis / Bruno Stieger and Gerd A. Kullak-Ublick -- Liver sinusoidal endothelial cells and liver injury / Laurie D. Deleve -- Macrophages and kupffer cells in drug-induced liver injury / Mark Barnes ... [et al.] -- Role of inflammation in drug-induced liver injury / Robert A. Roth and Patricia E. Ganey -- Role of the adaptive immmune system in idiosyncratic drug-induced liver injury / Jack Uetrecht -- Role of tissue repair and death proteins in liver injury / Harihara M. Mehendale -- Genetic factors in the pathogenesis of drug-induced liver injury / Ann K. Daly and Christopher P. Day -- II. Diagnosis and management. Clinical manifestations and management of drug-induced liver diseases / Willis C. Maddrey -- Histopathological evaluationof drug-induced liver disease / David E. Kleiner -- Risk factors for drug-induced liver disease / Raj Vuppalanchi and Maga Chalasani --Biomarkers for drug-induced liver injury / Paul B. Watkins -- Causality assessment / M. Isabel Lucena ... [et al.] -- III. Hepatotoxicity of specifid drugs. Mechanisms of acetaminophen-induced liver disease / Jack A. Hinson -- Acetaminophen / Laura P. James -- Mechanisms underlying the hepatotoxicity of nonsteroidal antiinflammatory drugs / Urs A. Boelsterli -- Nonsteroidal antiinflammatory drugs and leukotriene receptor antagonists / James H. Kewis and Jonathan G. Stine -- Mechanism, pathology, and clinical presentation of hepatotoxicity of anesthetic agents / J. Gerald Kenna -- Anticonvulsant agents / Munir Pirmohamed and J. Steven Leeder -- Hepatotoxicity of psychotropic drugs and drugs of abuse / Dominique Larrey and Marie-Pierre Ripault -- Hepatotoxicity of antimicrobials and antifungal agents / Richard H. Moseley -- Hepatotoxicity of antitubercular drugs / Sumita Verma and Neil Kaplowitz -- Hepatotoxicity of antiviral agents / Marina Núñez -- Hepatotoxicity of cardiovascular and antidiabetic drugs / Dina Halegoua-De Marzio and Victor J. Navarro -- Cancer chemotherpay / Laurie D. Deleve -- Hepatotoxicity of immunosuppressive drugs / Adrian Reuben -- Hepatotoxicity related to methotrexate / Guruprasad P. Aithal -- Adverse effects of hormones and hormone antagonists on the liver / Shivakumar Chitturi and Geoffrey C. Farrell -- Mushroom poisoning / François Durand and Dominique Valla --Hepatotoxicity of herbals and dietary supplements / Leonard Seeff, Felix Stickel, and Victor J. Navarro -- Occupational and environmental hepatotoxicity / Keith G. Tolman and Anthony S. Dalpiaz -- Chronic liver disease from drugs / Einar S. Björnsson -- IV. Future directions. Regulatory perspectives / Mark I. Avigan -- Drug-induced liver injury research networks / Robert J. Fontana -- LiverTox / Jay H. Hoofnagle.
- Drugs and poisons in humans 2005, SpringerI. Chapters of general nature. How to handle biological specimens -- Alternative specimens -- Pitfalls and cautions in analysis of drugs and poisons -- Pretreatments of human specimens -- Detection methods -- A computer system for diagnosis of causative drugs and poisons developed by the Japan Poison Information Center (Tokyo) -- Practical use of the poison-net developed by the Japan Poison Information Network (Hiroshima) -- Problems in toxin analysis in emergency medicine -- Analyses of chemical warefare agents and their related compounds -- B. Chapters on specific toxins. Volatile compounds -- Controlled drugs -- Psychopharmaceuticals and hypnotics -- General drugs -- Chemicals of daily necessaries -- Natural toxins and alkaloids -- Pesticides -- Miscellaneous.
- Ecology of harmful algae 2006, Springer
- Ecosystems and human health. Third edition [3rd ed.] 2013, CRCnetBASE"The third edition of a bestseller, this book describes how chemical toxins and biological hazards impact the environment and people. Addressing how pollutants can alter the environment by contributing to global climate change, the author explores a broad range of environmental and health aspects of chemical and biological hazards. He includes numerous examples of the intimate relationship between ecosystem health and human health and emphasizes the need to consider this relationship whenever human activities are likely to have a significant environmental impact"--Provided by publisher.
- Ecotoxicology 2008, CRCnetBASEI. Hierarchical ecotoxicology. The hierarchical science of ecotoxicology -- II. Organismal ecotoxicology. The organismal ecotoxicology context -- Biochemistry of toxicants -- Cells and tissues -- Organs and organ systems -- Physiology -- Bioaccumulation -- Models of bioaccumulation and bioavailability -- Lethal effects -- Sublethal effects -- Conclusion -- III. Population ecotoxicology. The population ecotoxicology context -- Epidemiology : the study of disease in populations -- Toxicants and simple population models -- Toxicants and population demographics -- Phenogenetics of exposed populations -- Population genetics : damage and stochastic dynamics of the germ line -- Population genetics : natural selection -- Conclusion -- IV. Community ecotoxicology. Introduction to community ecotoxicology -- Biotic and abiotic factors that regulate communities -- Biomonitoring and the responses of communities to contaminants -- Experimental approaches in community ecology and ecotoxicology -- Application of multimetric and multivariate approaches in community ecotoxicology -- Disturbance ecology and the responses of communities to contaminants -- Community responses to global and atmospheric stressors -- Effects of contaminants on trophic structure and food webs -- Conclusions -- V. Ecosystem ecotoxicology. Introduction to ecosystem ecology and ecotoxicology -- Overview of ecosystem processes -- Descriptive approaches for assessing ecosystem responses to contaminants -- The use of microcosms, mMesocosms, and field experiments to assess ecosystem responses to contaminants and other stressors -- Patterns and processes : the relationship between species diversity and ecosystem function -- Fate and transport of contaminants in ecosystems -- Effects of global atmospheric stressors on ecosystem processes -- VI. Ecotoxicology : a comprehensive treatment--conclusion -- Conclusion.
- Emergency response handbook for chemical and biological agents and weapons. 2nd ed. 2008, CRCnetBASE
- Encyclopedic reference of immunotoxicology 2005, Springer
- Endocrine-disrupting chemicals 2007, Springer
- Environment and breast cancer 2011, SpringerEpidemiologic basis of the role of environmental endocrine disruptors in breast cancer /Robert A. Hiatt --Puberty as a window of susceptibility /Frank M. Biro and Mary S. Wolff --In search of the optimal experimental model /Irma H. Russo and Jose Russo --Early life exposure to bisphenol A and breast neoplasia /Maricel V. Maffini, Carlos Sonnenschein, and Ana M. Soto --Endocrine disruptors affect the genomic profile of the rat mammary gland at different developmental stages /Ricardo Lopez de Cicco ... [et al.] --Proteomic basis for the increased susceptibility of the mammary gland to carcinogenesis after perinatal exposure to bisphenol A /Sarah Jenkins ... [et al.] --Dioxin as an environmental pollutant and its role in breast cancer /Stephen Safe, Kelcey Walker, and Shu Zhang --Mammary gland as a sensitive tissue to developmental exposures of perfluorooctanoic acid (PFOA) in the mouse /Sally S. White ... [et al.] --Atropine : an environmental endocrine disruptor that alters mammary gland development and tumor susceptibility /Jennifer L. Rayner and Suzanne E. Fenton --Biological impact of radiation exposure on breast cancer development /David H. Nguyen, Irineu Illa Bochaca, and Mary Helen Barcellos-Hoff --Brain estrogens and metabolism /Yong Xu and Deborah J. Clegg.
- Environmental toxicology 2004, Wellcome Trust
- Environmental toxicology 2001, CRCnetBASE
- Environmental toxicology 2005, ScienceDirectThe utility of zebrafish as a model for toxicological research / Michael J. Carvan III, Tisha King Heiden and Henry Tomasiewicz -- Use of fish cell lines in the toxicology and ecotoxicology of fish : piscine cell lines in environmental toxicology / N.C. Bols, V.R. Dayeh, L.E.J. Lee and K. Schirmer -- Approaches in proteomics and genomics for eco-toxicology -- Nancy D. Denslow, Iris Knoebl and Patrick Larkin -- Interactions between lipids and persistent organic pollutants in fish / Adria A. Elskus, Tracy K. Collier and Emily Monosson -- Metabolic fate of nonylphenols and related phenolic compounds in fish / Jean-Pierre Cravedi and Daniel Zalko -- Pesticide biotransformation in fish / Daniel Schlenk -- Xenobiotic receptors in fish : Structural and functional diversity and evolutionary insights / Mark E. Hahn, Rebeka R. Merson and Sibel I. Karchner -- Impacts of environmental toxicants and natural variables on the immune system of fishes / Karen G. Burnett -- Fish models of carcinogenesis / Gary K. Ostrander and Jeanette M. Rotchell -- Metallothionein : structure and regulation / Peter Kling and Per-Erik Olsson -- Cell death : investigation and application in fish toxicology / Antony W. Wood, David M. Janz and Glen J. Van Der Kraak -- Adrenal toxicology : environmental pollutants and the HPI axis / Alice Hontela -- Xenobiotic impact on corticosteroid signaling / Mathilakath M. Vijayan, Patrick Prunet and Adrienne N. Boone -- Thyroid hormones / J.G. Eales and S.B. Brown -- The biology and toxicology of retinoids in fish / D. Alsop, Glen J. Van Der Kraak, S.B. Brown and J.G. Eales -- Vitellogenesis and endocrine disruption / Naoshi Hiramatsu, Ann O. Cheek, Craig V. Sullivan, Takahiro Matsubara and Akihiko Hara -- Pharmaceuticals in the environment : drugged fish? / Vance L. Trudeau, Chris D. Metcalfe, Caroline Mimeault and Thomas W. Moon -- P-glycoproteins and xenobiotic efflux transport in fish / Armin Sturm and Helmut Segner.
- Essential concepts in toxicogenomics 2008, Springer ProtocolsToxicogenomics and classical toxicology, how to improve prediction and mechanistic understanding of human toxicity / Donna L. Mendrick -- Use of traditional endpoints and gene dysregulation to understand mechanisms of toxicity / Wayne R. Buck, Jeffrey F. Waring, Eric A. Blomme -- Quality control of microarray assays for toxicogenomic and in vitro diagnostic applications / Karol L. Thompson and Joseph Hackett -- Role of statistics in toxicogenomics / Michael Elashoff -- Predictive toxicogenomics in preclinical discovery / Scott A. Barros and Rory B. Martin -- In vivo predictive toxicogenomics / Mark W. Porter -- Bioinformatics, databasing and gene annotation / Lyle D. Burgoon and Timothy R. Zacharewski -- Microarray probe mapping and annotation in cross - species comparative toxicogenomics / John N Calley, William B Mattes, Timothy P. Ryan -- Toxicogenomics in biomarker discovery -- Marc F. DeCristofaro, Kellye K. Daniels -- From pharmacogenomics to translational biomarkers / Donna L. Mendrick -- Public consortium efforts in toxicogenomics / William B. Mattes -- Applications of toxicogenomics to nonclinical drug development / Frank D. Sistare, Joseph J. DeGeorge.
- Extravasation of cytotoxic agents. 2nd ed. 2010, Springer
- Food and nutritional toxicology 2004, CRCnetBASE
- Food toxicology 2001, CRCnetBASE
- Foodborne diseases 2007, SpringerEscherichia coli / Jianghong Meng and Carl M. Schroeder -- Listeria / Franz Allerberger -- Clostridium botulinum and Clostridium perfringens / Jim McLauchlin and Kathie A. Grant -- Yersinia enterocolitica and Yersinia pseudotuberculosis / Maria Fredriksson-Ahomaa -- Foodborne pathogenic vibrios / T. Ramamurthy and G. Balakrish Nair -- Enterococcus and its association with foodborne illness / Simona F. Oprea and Marcus J. Zervos -- Foodborne viral hepatitis / Hazel Appleton ... [et al.] -- Gastroenteric virus / Miren Iturriza-Gómara, Chris I. Gallimore, and Jim Gray -- Cryptosporidium / Huw V. Smith -- Toxoplasma gondii / Dolores E. Hill ... [et al.] -- Aflatoxins : background, toxicology, and molecular biology / Joan W. Bennett, S. Kale, and Jiujiang Yu -- Scombroid fish poisoning / Elijah W. Stommel -- Pathogen control in meat and poultry production: implementing the USDA food safety and inspection service's hazard analysis and critical control point system / Moshe S. Dreyfuss ... [et al.] -- Use of antimicrobials in food animal production / Frank M. Aaestrup and Lars B. Jensen -- Alternatives to antimicrobials* / Toni L. Poole, Todd R. Callaway, and David J. Nisbet -- Microbial risk assessment / Carl M. Schroeder -- Food irradiation and other sanitation procedures / Donald W. Thayer -- Molecular techniques of detection and discrimination of foodborne pathogens and their toxins / Steven L. Foley and Kathie A. Grant -- Future directions in food safety* / Ross C. Beier and Suresh D. Pillai.
- Genomic approaches for cross-species extrapolation in toxicology 2007, CRCnetBASE"Omics" approaches in the context of environmental toxicology / Jon C. Cook ... [et al.] -- Selection of surrogate animal species for comparative toxicogenomics / Nancy D. Denslow ... [et al.] -- Species differences in response to toxic substances: shared pathways of toxicity--value and limitations of omics technologies to elucidate mechanism or mode of action / David Eaton ... [et al.] -- Bioinformatic approaches and computational models for data integration and cross-species extrapolation in the postgenomic era / Kenneth S. Ramos ... [et al.] -- The extension of molecular and computational information to risk assessment and regulatory decision making / James S. Bus ... [et al.].
- Genomics in regulatory ecotoxicology 2008, CRCnetBASEToxicogenomics in ecological risk assessments: regulatory context, technical background, and workshop overview / Gerald Ankley, Ann Miracle, and Edward Perkins -- Application of genomics to screening / Sean W. Kennedy ... [et al.] -- Application of genomics to tiered testing / Charles R. Tyler ... [et al.] -- Application of genomics to regulatory ecological risk assessments for pesticides / Sigmund J. Degitz ... [et al.] -- Application of genomics to assessment of the ecological risk of complex mixtures / Edward Perkins ... [et al.] -- Applications of genomic technologies to ecological risk assessments at remediation and restoration sites / Ann L. Miracle ... [et al.] -- Toxicogenomics in ecological risk assessments: a prospectus / George P. Daston ... [et al.].Toxicogenomics in ecological risk assessments: regulatory context, technical background, and workshop overview / Gerald Ankley, Ann Miracle, and Edward Perkins -- The development of genomic-based screening assays for ecotoxicology / Sean W. Kennedy ... [et al.] -- Application of genomics to tiered testing / Charles R. Tyler ... [et al.] -- Application of genomics to regulatory ecological risk assessments for pesticides / Sigmund J. Degitz ... [et al.] -- Molecular biology and risk assessment: evaluation of the potential roles of genomics in regulatory ecotoxicology / Edward Perkins ... [et al.] -- Applications of genomic technologies to ecological risk assessments at remediation and restoration sites / Ann L. Miracle ... [et al.] -- Toxicogenomics in ecological risk assessments: a prospectus / George P. Daston ... [et al.].
- Haddad and Winchester's Clinical management of poisoning and drug overdose. 4th ed. 2007, MD Consult
- Handbook of food toxicology 2002, CRCnetBASE
- Handbook of toxicologic pathology. 2nd ed. 2002, ScienceDirect
- Handbook of toxicology of chemical warfare agents. 1st ed. 2009, ScienceDirect
- Handbook of toxicology. 2nd ed. 2002, CRCnetBASE
- Haschek and Rousseaux's Handbook of toxicologic pathology. Third edition. 2013, ScienceDirect
- Hayes' Handbook of pesticide toxicology. 3rd ed. v. 1-2, 2010, ScienceDirectThe Handbook of Pesticide Toxicology is a comprehensive, two-volume reference guide to the properties, effects, and regulation of pesticides that provides the latest and most complete information to researchers investigating the environmental, agricultural, veterinary, and human-health impacts of pesticide use. Written by international experts from academia, government, and the private sector, the Handbook of Pesticide Toxicology is an in-depth examination of critical issues related to the need for, use of, and nature of chemicals used in modern pest management. This updated third edition carries on the book's tradition of serving as the definitive reference on pesticide toxicology and recognizes the seminal contribution of Wayland J. Hayes, Jr., co-Editor of the first edition. Feature: Presents a comprehensive look at all aspects of pesticide toxicology in one reference work. Benefit: Saves researchers time in quickly accessing the very latest definitive details on toxicity of specific pesticides as opposed to searching through thousands of journal articles. Feature: Clear exposition of hazard identification and dose response relationships in each chapter featuring pesticide agents and actions Benefit: Connects the experimental laboratory results to real-life applications in human health, animal health and the environment. Feature: All major classes of pesticide considered. Benefit: Provides relevance to a wider variety of researchers who are conducting comparative work in pesticides or their health impacts. Feature: Different routes of exposure critically evaluated. Benefit: Connects the loop between exposure and harmful affects to those who are researching the affects of pesticides on humans or wildlife.
- Hazardous laboratory chemicals disposal guide. 3rd ed. 2003, CRCnetBASE
- Hazardous materials chemistry for emergency responders. 2nd ed. 2003, CRCnetBASE
- Healthcare hazard control and safety management. 2nd ed. 2005, CRCnetBASE
- Human developmental toxicants 2007, CRCnetBASE
- Human toxicology of chemical mixtures. 2nd ed. 2011, ScienceDirectIn this important reference work, Zeliger catalogs the known effects of chemical mixtures on the human body and also proposes a framework for understanding and predicting their actions in terms of lipophile (fat soluble) / hydrophile (water soluble) interactions. The author's focus is on illnesses that ensue following exposures to mixtures of chemicals that cannot be attributed to any one component of the mixture. In the first part the mechanisms of chemical absorption at a molecular and macromolecular level are explained, as well as the body's methods of defending itself against xenobiotic intrusion. Part II examines the sources of the chemicals discusssed, looking at air and water pollution, food additives, pharmaceuticals, etc. Part III, which includes numerous case studies, examines specific effects of particular mixtures on particular body systems and organs and presents a theoretical framework for predicting what the effects of uncharacterized mixtures might be. Part IV covers regulatory requirements and the need to adjust recommended exposure levels for products containing mixtures. It also contains recommendations on how to limit exposure to mixtures in the products we use and on how to limit release of mixtures into the environment. Providing brief summaries of each mixture and its effects, Zeliger provides a comprehensive reference, a jumping off point for professionals (with extensive chapter bibliographies) and an introduction to the topic for those studying traditional toxicology. Addressing many inadequately understood illnesses and conditions such as asthma, infertility and cancer, it will also be of interest to health professionals, environmental scientists and lawyers. Presents a theoretical framework for predicting the effects of chemical mixtures for which no specific data exists (this predictive aspect is important due to the vast number of different potential chemical combinations - far too many to comprehensively catalog). A quick and convenient source of hard to come by data on the rapidly developing field of chemical mixtures, for groups including chemists and engineers, toxicologists, health professionals and environmental scientists. . New and updated material comprises over 30% of this timely new edition, which includes the latest research data alongside an expanded introduction to the science and art of predicting the toxicological properties of chemical mixtures.
- Illustrated handbook of toxicology 2011, Thieme BookThis book serves as a hands-on guide to various poison treatments and offers supplemental public health information. Each two-page unit features concise text on the left complemented by full-color illustrations on the opposing page. The expert author distinguishes harmful toxic substances and catalogues their specific effects on the human body, plants, animals, and the surrounding environment. The handbook also addresses other topics, including biological warfare, modern toxicological methods, and threshold values. Features include: succinct, user-friendly organization so readers can navigate the content with ease; over 600 detailed images and diagrams arranged on 150 full-color plates illustrate exposures and toxicological effects on humans, plants, and animals; well-researched, objective risk analysis on toxic exposures accompanied by relevant images; extensive glossary of key toxicological terms that provide readers with the accurate information they need to avoid dangerous confusion.
- Immunoassay and other bioanalytical techniques 2007, CRCnetBASEIntegrating bioanalytical capability in an environmental analytical laboratory / Jeanette M. Van Emon ... [et al.] -- Directed evolution of ligand-binding proteins / K. Kramer, H. Geue, and B. Hock -- In vitro monoclonal antibody production: academic scale / Frances Weis-Garcia -- Antibodies to heavy metals: isolation, characterization, and incorporation into microplate-based assays and immunosensors / Diane A. Blake ... [et al.] -- Molecular imprinting for small molecules / Z. Cobb and L. I. Andersson -- Aptamer-based bioanalytical methods / Sara Tombelli, Maria Minunni, and Marco Mascini -- Surface imprinting: integration of recognition and transduction / Yanxiu Zhou, Bin Yu, and Kalle Levon -- Phage as biospecific probes / Valery A. Petrenko and Jennifer R. Brigati -- Upconverting phosphors for detection and identification using antibodies / David E. Cooper ... [et al.] -- Mathematical aspects of immunoassays / James F. Brady -- Immunochemical techniques in biological monitoring / Raymond E. Biagini, Cynthia A. F. Strile, and John E. Snawder -- Target and non-targeted approaches for detecting genetically modified organisms / Farid E. Ahmed -- Bioanalytical diagnostic test for measuring prions / Loredana Ingrosso, Maurizio Pocchiari, and Franco Cardone -- Environmental applications of immunoaffinity chromatography / Annette Moser, Mary Anne Nelson, and David S. Hage -- Sol-gel immunoassays and immunoaffinity chromatography / Miriam Altstein and Alisa Bronshtein -- Electrochemical immunoassays and immunosensors / Niina J. Ronkainen-Matsuno, H. Brian Halsall, and William R. Heineman -- Biosensors for environmental monitoring and homeland security / Kanchan A. Joshi, Wilfred Chen, and Ashok Mulchandani -- Bioarrays: current applications and concerns for developing, selecting and using array technology / Joany Jackman -- Microelectrode protein microarrays / Kilian Dill ... [et al.] -- Bioconjugated quantum dots for sensitive and multiplexed immunoassays / Xiaohu Gao ... [et al.] -- Nanotechnology and the future of bioanalytical methods / Lon Porter.
- Immunotoxicology of drugs and chemicals. 3rd ed. v.1, 2004, ScienceDirectv. 1. Principles and methods of immunotoxicology.
- "Venomous" bites from non-venomous sn...
- — Immunotoxicology of drugs and chemica...
- In vitro neurotoxicology ...............
- — Toxicology of organophosphate and car...
- Toxicology of the gastrointestinal tr...
- — WHO Human health risk assessment tool...
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- AAP Red Book Online
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Sabiston Textbook of Surgery
- Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics
- Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics
- Mandell, Douglas, & Bennett's Principles & Practice of Infectious Diseases
- Red Book Online
- ICU Book
- Primary Care Medicine
- Campbell-Walsh Urology
Shortcut to Licensed Content
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Links” (IE7) or “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
Shortcut for iPhone
What is it?
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) gives you access to resources licensed by the library even when you're not coming from a Lane or a Stanford IP address.
While we'd like Lane to be your gateway to our licensed content, we recognize that links to books, articles and journals come from a variety of different sources (Google, your email, RSS reader, etc.).
When installed, it will look your browser bookmark.
At the page you would like to proxy, click the "Lane Gateway to Licensed Content" to invoke it.
If Lane licenses that content, you'll get access as if you were on campus.
How does it work?
This allows you to view the URL as though you were on campus, giving you access to materials licensed for use by the Stanford academic community.
If you're not authenticated, you'll be prompted for your SUNetID and password.
Don't see the Toolbar, Bookmarks, or Links or Favorites bar?
From the "View" menu, select "Toolbars" & choose "Bookmarks Toolbar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Show Bookmarks Bar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Always Show Bookmarks Bar"
- Right-click in a clear area near the browser address bar
- In the menu, check a box next "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites" (IE8, IE9)
- Managing IE Favorites
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) only works with resources Lane has licensed and configured to work with our proxy server.
If invoked on a resource we do not license and/or have not yet configured, you will see an error message:
The Lane proxy server cannot complete your request because this host has not been configured properly.
We make no attempt to configure our proxy server for every resource, only those we license and for which a Stanford IP address grants access.
Drag this button onto your browser toolbar to install.
- Right click this button
- Select "Add to Favorites", click "Continue" if you see a security alert
- In "Create in" menu, select "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites Bar" (IE8, IE9) to install
Drag this button onto Safari Bookmarks bar to install.
Can't find it?
- Springer Protocols
- MD Consult
- Lange Series
- National Academy Press
- NCBI Bookshelf
- Thieme Atlases