Books by Subject
- Adeno-associated viral vectors for gene therapy. 1st ed. 2005, ScienceDirect
- Adoptive immunotherapy 2005, Springer ProtocolsAdenoviral transduction of dendritic cells / Rienk Offringa ... [et al.] -- Generation of autologous peptide- and protein-pulsed dendritic cells for patient-specific immunotherapy / David O'Neill and Nina Bhardwaj -- Phenotypical and functional characterization of clinical-grade dendritic cells / I. Jolanda M. de Vries ... [et al.] -- Dendritic cells in clinical trials for multiple myeloma / Volker L. Reichardt and Peter Brossart -- Identification of tumor-associated autoantigens with SEREX / Özlem Türeci ... [et al.] -- Application of proteomics and protein analysis for biomarker and target finding for immunotherapy / Petra Weingarten ... [et al.] -- Isolation and expansion of tumor-reactive cytotoxic T-cell clones for adoptive immunotherapy / Helga Bernhard ... [et al.].Exploiting dendritic cells for active immunotherapy of cancer and chronic infection / David O'Neill and Nina Bhardwaj -- A mathematical approach for optimizing dendritic cell-based immunotherapy / Gennady Bocharov, Neville J. Ford, and Burkhard Ludewig -- Delivery of tumor antigens to dendritic cells using biodegradable microspheres / Ying Waeckerle-Men, Bruno Gander, and Markus Groettrup -- RNA transfection of dendritic cells / Frank Grünebach, Martin R. Müller, and Peter Brossart -- Isolation and generation of clinical-grade dendritic cells using the CliniMACS system / John D.M. Campbell ... [et al.] -- Generation of clinical grade monocyte-derived dendritic cells using the CliniMACS system / Thomas Putz ... [et al.].Regulatory T cells in antitumor therapy: isolation and functional of CD4+CD25+ regulatory T-cells / Helmut Jonuleit and Edgar Schmitt -- Monoclonal antibody-based strategies in autoimmunity and transplantation / Lucienne Chatenoud -- Producing bispecific and bifunctional antibodies / Dipankar Das and Mavanur R. Suresh -- Antibody/cytokine fusion proteins for the therapy of cancer / Gustavo Helguera and Manuel L. Penichet -- Synthesis and biological evaluation of a paclitaxel immunoconjugate / Ahmad Safavy and Kevin P. Raisch -- Cytotoxic tumor targeting with scFv antibody-modified liposomes / Cornelia Marty and Reto A. Schwendener -- Intravenous immunoglobin treatment for fibrosis, atherosclerosis, and malignant conditions / Ilan Krause and Yehuda Shoenfeld --Tracking adoptively transferred antigen-specific T-cells with peptide/MHC multimers / Norbert Meidenbauer and Andreas Mackensen -- Gene transfer of MHC-restricted receptors / Helmut W.H.G. Kessels, Monika C. Wolkers, and Ton N.M. Schumacher -- Immunotherapy with CTL restricted by nonself MHC / Liquan Gao, Anne-Marie Downs, and Hans J. Stauss -- Designing TCR for cancer immunotherapy / Ralf-Holger Voss, Jürgen Kuball, Matthias Theobald -- Isolation and expansion of tumor-specific CD4+ T-cells by means of cytokine secretion / Christian Becker -- Methods for the ex vivo characterization of human CD8+ T subsets based on gene expression and replicative history analysis / Nathalie Rufer, Patrick Reichenbach, and Pedro Romero --
- Antisense therapeutics. 2nd ed. 2005, Springer ProtocolsAntisense therapeutics: a promise waiting to be fulfilled / M. Ian Phillips -- Antisense inhibition: oligonucleotides, ribozymes and siRNAs / Y. Clare Zhang ... [et al.] -- Local application of antisense for prevention of restenosis / Patrick L. Iversen ... [et al.] -- Antisense therapeutics for hypertension: targeting the renin-angiotensin system / M. Ian Phillips and Birgitta Kimura -- Antisense strategies for the treatment of heart failure / Sian E. Harding, Federica del Monte, and Roger J. Hajjar -- Clinical studies of antisense oligonucleotides for cancer therapy / Rosanne M. Orr and F. Andrew Dorr -- Antisense therapy in clinical oncology: preclinical and clinical experiences / Ingo Tamm -- Radionucleide-peptide nucleic acid diagnosis and treatment of pancreatic cancer / Eric Wickstrom ... [et al.] -- Suppression of pancreatic and colon cancer cells by antisense K-ras RNA expression vectors / Kazunori Aoki, Shumpei Ohnami, and Teruhiko Yoshida -- Induction of tumor cell apoptosis and chemosensitization by antisense strategies / Manuel Rieber and Mary Strasberg-Rieber -- Utility of an anti-oncogene ribozymes and antisense oligonucletoides in reversing drug resistance / Tadao Funato -- Transport of antisense across the blood-brain barrier / Laura B. Jaeger and William A. Banks -- Transdermal delivery of antisense oligonucletoides / Rhonda M. Brand and Patrick L. Iversen -- Antisense strategies for redirection of drug metabolism: using paclitaxel as a model / Vikram Arora -- Antisense oligonucletoide treatment of inflammatory bowel diseases / Bruce R. Yacyshyn -- Optimizing electroporation conditions for the intracellular delivery of morpholino antisense oligonucleotides directed against the hepatitis C virus internal ribosome entry site / Ronald Jubin.
- Body fluid management 2013, Springer
- Cardiovascular diseases 2013, CRCnetBASE
- Cell therapy 2009, SpringerPart 1. Regulatory. -- Regulation of Cell Product Manufacturing and Delivery: A United States Perspective / R.W. Lindblad -- The Regulatory Situation for Academic Cell Therapy Facilities in Europe / I. Slaper-Cortenbach, M. Scott, D. Herrmann, M. Introna and K. Theunissen, et al. -- A Regulatory System for Cell and Tissue Therapies: Proposed Approach in Australia / A. Farrugia -- Part 2. GMP Facility Design. -- University of Minnesota - Molecular and Cellular Therapeutics (MCT) / D.H. McKenna -- University of Pittsburgh Cancer Institute - Hematopoietic Stem Cell Laboratory (HSC Lab)/Immunological Monitoring and Cellular Products Laboratory (IMCPL) / D.L. Griffin, A.D. Donnenberg and T.L. Whiteside / Baylor College of Medicine - Center for Cell and Gene Therapy (CAGT) / A. Gee -- Design of a New GMP Facility - Lessons Learned / A. Gee -- Part 3. Professional Cell Therapy Standards. -- AABB Cell Therapy Standards / Z.M. Szczepiorkowski and E. Nunes -- Professional Standards for Cellular Therapies: Foundation for the Accreditation of Cellular Therapy (FACT) / P.I. Warkentin -- Part 4. Facility Operations -- Standard Operating Procedures / C.G. Lindgren -- Staffing, Training, and Competency / D.M. Kadidlo -- Cleaning Procedures / A. Gee and D.L. Lyon -- Environmental Monitoring / A. Gee and D.L. Lyon -- Supply Management / A. Gee and C.M. Rooney -- Facility Equipment / D.L. Griffin -- Quality / J.W. Atkins -- Product Manufacturing / A. Gee -- Product Review, Release, and Administration / N.H. Collins -- Use of a Facility Master File to Facilitate Regulatory Submissions for Cell Therapy Products / E.J. Read and H.M. Khuu.
- Cleveland Clinic manual of headache therapy 2011, Springer
- Complement therapeutics 2013, Springer
- Conn's Current therapy MD Consult, latest ed. only.
- Current medical diagnosis & treatment 2014 (53rd ed.), AccessMedicine
- Development of antibody-based therapeutics 2012, Springer1.Translational Strategies for Development of Antibody-Based Therapeutics: An Overview /Mohammad Tabrizi, Gadi Gazit Bornstein and Scott L. Klakamp --2.Discovery Process for Antibody-Based Therapeutics /Heather H. Shih --3.Technologies for the Generation of Human Antibodies /Ramesh R. Bhatt, John S. Haurum and C. Geoffrey Davis --4.Application of Antibody Engineering in the Development of Next Generation Antibody-Based Therapeutics /Randall J. Brezski and Juan Carlos Almagro --5.Biophysical Considerations for Development of Antibody-Based Therapeutics /Andrew W. Drake and Giuseppe A. Papalia --6.Considerations in Establishing Affinity Design Goals for Development of Antibody-Based Therapeutics /Mohammad Tabrizi --7.Bioanalytical Considerations for Development of Antibody-Based Therapeutics: Pharmacokinetics and Immunogenicity /Cherryl B. Funelas and Scott L. Klakamp --8.Preclinical Considerations for Development of Antibody-Based Therapeutics in Oncology /Gregory Landes and Kathleen Elias --9.Factors Impacting the Tumor Localization and Distribution of Antibody-Based Therapeutics in Oncology /David C. Blakey.10.Preclinical Safety Considerations for the Development of Antibody-Based Therapeutics /Lolke de Haan --11.Application of Pharmacokinetic/Pharmacodynamic Modeling in the Development of Antibody-Based Therapeutics /Donald E. Mager --12.Application of Population Pharmacokinetic-Pharmacodynamic Approaches in the Design of Translational Strategies for Development of Antibody-Based Therapeutics /Feng Jin --13.Translational Biomarkers: Essential Tools in Development of Antibody-Based Therapeutics /Mohammad A. Tabrizi and Cherryl B. Funelas --14.Translational Research in Alzheimer's Disease for Development of Antibody-Based Therapeutics /Eric C. Yuen, Enchi Liu and Gene G. Kinney --15.Considerations in Manufacturing Process Development for Antibody-Based Therapeutics /Paula C. Miller and Peiling Xu --16.Strategies for Development of Next Generation Antibody-Based Therapeutics /Mohammad Tabrizi and Gadi Gazit Bornstein --17.Immune Complex Therapies for Treatment of Immune Thrombocytopenia /Rong Deng and Joseph P. Balthasar --18.Application of Bioinformatics Principles for Target Evaluation /Anthony Carvalloza, Mohammad Fallahi and Sahba Tabrizifard --19.Concluding Remarks /Mohammad Tabrizi, Gadi Gazit Bornstein and Scott L. Klakamp.
- Exercise and disease management. 2nd ed. 2011, CRCnetBASE
- Experimental and applied immunotherapy 2011, SpringerT cell therapy: state-of-the-art -- Extending the use of adoptive T cell immunotherapy for infections and cancer -- Non-T cell therapeutic approaches -- B lymphocytes in cancer immunology -- Monoclonal antibody therapy for cancer -- Natural killer cells for cancer immunotherapy -- Dendritic cell-based cancer vaccines: practical considerations -- Mesenchymal stromal cells: an emerging cell-based pharmaceutical -- T cell therapeutic approaches -- Tumor-specific mutations as targets for cancer immunotherapy -- Counteracting subversion of MHC class II antigen presentation by tumors -- Mechanisms and implications of immunodominance in CD8⁺ T-cell responses -- T regulatory cells and cancer immunotherapy -- Negative regulators in cancer immunology and immunotherapy -- Genetically engineered antigen specificity in T cells for adoptive immunotherapy -- Non-cellular aspects of cancer immunotherapy -- Cytokine immunotherapy -- Transcriptional modulation using histone deacetylase inhibitors for cancer immunotherapy -- Combining cancer vaccines with conventional therapies -- Combining oncolytic viruses with cancer immunotherapy -- Radiation therapy and cancer treatment: from the basics to combination therapies that ignite immunity -- Assessing immunotherapy through cellular and molecular imaging -- Transplantation -- Allogeneic and autologous transplantation therapy of cancer: converging themes.
- Ferri's Clinical advisor 2014, MD Consult
- Forgotten cure 2012, Springer1. Helpful Little Bodies -- 2. Inside Stalin's Empire -- 3. The Fading of Phage Therapy -- 4. Naked Genes -- 5. 'They're Not a Panacea:' Phage Therapy in the Soviet Union and Georgia -- 6. In Poland: Phages for Diabetes? -- 7. The Renaissance of Phage Therapy -- 8. The Startups -- 9. Four Companies, Four Strategies -- 10. Cows and Chickens -- 11. Approval, At Last -- 12. In Treatment.
- Gene and cell therapy. 2nd ed. 2004, CRCnetBASE
- Gene and cell therapy. 3rd ed. 2009, CRCnetBASE
- Gene therapy 2010, Springer
- Girl who spoke with pictures 2008, ebrary
- Goodman & Gilman's The Pharmacological basis of therapeutics. 12th ed. 2011 (12th ed.), AccessMedicineDrug invention and the pharmaceutical industry -- Pharmacokinetics: the dynamics of drug absorption, distribution, metabolism, and elimination -- Pharmacodynamics: molecular mechanisms of drug action -- Drug toxicity and poisoning -- Membrane transporters and drug response -- Drug metabolism -- Pharmacogenetics -- Neurotransmission: the autonomic and somatic motor nervous systems -- Muscarinic receptor agonists and antagonists -- Anticholinesterase agents -- Agents acting at the neuromuscular junction and autonomic ganglia -- Adrenergic agonists and antagonists -- 5-Hydroxytryptamine (serotonin) and dopamine -- Neurotransmission and the central nervous system -- Drug therapy of depression and anxiety disorders -- Pharmacotherapy of psychosis and mania -- Hyponotics and sedatives -- -- Opioids, analgesia, and pain management -- General anesthetics and therapeutic gases -- Local anesthetics -- Pharmacotherapy of the epilepsies -- Treatment of central nervous system degenerative disorders -- Ethanol and methanol -- Drug addiction -- Regulation of renal function and vascular volume -- Renin and angiotensin -- Treatment of myocardial ischemia and hypertension -- Pharmacotherapy of congestive heart failure -- Anti-arrhythmic drugs -- Blood coagulation and anticoagulant, fibrinolytic, and antiplatelet drugs -- Drug therapy for hypercholesterolemia and dyslipidemia -- Histamine, bradykinin, and their antagonists -- Lipid-derived autacoids: eicosanoids and platelet-activating factor -- Anti-inflammatory, antipyretic, and analgesic agents; pharmacotherapy of gout -- Immunosuppressants, tolerogens, and immunostimulants -- Pulmonary pharmacology -- Hematopoietic agents: growth factors, minerals, and vitamins --Introduction to endocrinology: the hypothalamic-pituitary axis -- Thyroid and anti-thyroid drugs -- Estrogens and progestins -- Androgens -- ACTH, adrenal steroids, and pharmacology of the adrenal cortex -- Endocrine pancreas and pharmacotherapy of diabetes mellitus and hypoglycemia -- Agents affecting mineral ion homeostasis and bone turnover -- Pharmacotherapy of gastric acidity, peptic ulcers, and gastroesophageal reflux disease -- Treatment of disorders of bowel motility and water flux; anti-emetics; agents used in biliary and pancreatic disease -- Pharmacotherapy of inflammatory bowel disease -- General principles of antimicrobial therapy -- Chemotherapy of malaria -- Chemotherapy of protozoal infections: amebiasis, giardiasis, trichomoniasis, trypanosomiasis, leishmaniasis, and other protozoal infections -- Chemotherapy of helminth infections -- Sulfonamides, trimethoprim-sulfamethoxazole, quinolones, and agents for urinary tract infections -- Penicillins, cephalosporins, and other β-lactam antibiotics -- Aminoglycosides -- Protein synthesis inhibitors and miscellaneous antibacterial agents -- Chemotherapy of tuberculosis, mycobacterium avium complex disease, and leprosy -- Antifungal agents -- Antiviral agents (nonretroviral) -- Antiretroviral agents and treatment of HIV infection -- General principles of cancer chemotherapy -- Cytotoxic agents -- Targeted therapies: tyrosine kinase inhibitors, monoclonal antibodies, and cytokines -- Natural products in cancer chemotherapy: hormones and related agents -- Ocular pharmacology -- Dermatological pharmacology -- Contraception and pharmacotherapy of obstetrical and gynecological disorders -- Environmental toxicology; carcinogens and heavy metals -- Appendix I: Principles of prescription order writing and patient compliance -- Appendix II: Design and optimization of dosage regimens: pharmacokinetic data.
- Guide to neuropsychiatric therapeutics 2007, OvidApathy and related disorders of diminished motivation -- Delirium -- Cognitive impairment -- Global cognitive impairment : the dementias -- Disturbances of mood, affect, and emotion -- Anxiety -- Psychosis in neuropsychiatric disorders -- Nonepileptic seizures -- Parkinsonian movement disorders -- Hyperkinetic movement disorders -- Changes in personality -- Pain -- Sleep disorders -- Unexplained neuropsychiatric symptoms -- Intellectual disabilities of developmental onset -- Agitation and aggression -- Forensic neuropsychiatry -- Rational approach to brain imaging and electrophysiology.
- Handbook of pediatric transfusion medicine 2004, ScienceDirect
- Handbook of transfusion medicine 2001, ScienceDirect
- Handbook on animal-assisted therapy. 2nd ed. 2006, ScienceDirectThe original edition was the first book to provide a comprehensive overview of the ways in which animals can assist therapists with treatment of specific populations, and/or in specific settings. The second edition continues in this vein, with 7 new chapters plus substantial revisions of continuing chapters as the research in this field has grown. New coverage includes: Animals as social supports, Use of AAT with Special Needs students, the role of animals in the family- insights for clinicians, and measuring the animal-person bond. Also features contributions from veterinarians, animal trainers, psychologists, and social workers as well as guidelines and best practices for using animals as therapeutic companions, and addresses specific types of patients and environmental situations. From publisher description.
- Handbook on hyperbaric medicine 2006, Springer
- Hereditary retinopathies 2012, SpringerIntroduction --Gene-based medicines targeting genetic defects directly and molecular pathologies common to multiple forms of disease --Molecular medicines.
- Improving patient treatment adherence 2010, SpringerIntroduction -- Physical activity and adherence -- Improving dietary adherence -- Medication adherence -- Smoking cessation and adherence -- Cancer screening adherence -- Hormonal contraceptives and adherence -- Chronic pain and adherence -- Adherence and psychotherapy -- Adherence to treatment for depression -- Adherence in the treatment of HIV and other infectious diseases -- Adherence and substance use -- Special considerations of medication adherence in childhood and adolescence -- Special considerations of adherence in older adults.
- Lasers in medicine 2002, CRCnetBASE
- Lead molecules from natural products 2006, ScienceDirectReverse pharmacognosy : a new concept for accelerating natural drug discovery / Quoc-Tuan Do and Philippe Bernard -- Effects of plant extracts on gene expression profiling : from macroarrays to microarray technology / Carlo Mischiati, Alessia Sereni, Mahmud Tareq Hassan Khan, Ilaria Lampronti and Roberto Gambari -- Effects of medicinal plant extracts on molecular interactions between DNA and transcription factors / Ilaria Lampronti, Mahmud Tareq Hassan Khan, Nicoletta Bianchi, Giordana Feriotto, Carlo Mischiati, Monica Borgatti and Roberto Gambari -- Plants with antitumor properties : from biologically active molecules to drugs / Ilaria Lampronti, Mahmud Tareq Hassan Khan, Nicoletta Bianchi, Elisabetta Lambertini, Roberta Piva, Monica Borgatti and Roberto Gambari -- Herbal extracts and compounds active against herpes simplex virus / Kenneth D. Thompson -- Pharmacological modulation of cough reflex / Gabriela Nosalova, Juraj Mokry and Sona Franova -- Phytotherapy of cough / Sona Franova, Gabriela Nosalova and Juraj Mokry -- The medicinal potential of black seed (Nigella sativa) and its components / Hala Gali-Muhtasib, Nahed El-Najjar and Regine Schneider-Stock -- Cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitors from natural sources : recent advances and future prospects for cancer treatment / Hala Gali-Muhtasib -- Anticancer and medicinal properties of essential oil and extracts of East Mediterranean sage (salvia triloba) / Hala Gali-Muhtasib -- Marine organisms from Brazil as source of potential anticancer agents / Letícia Veras Costa-Lotufo, Cláudia Pessoa, Maria Elisabete A. Moraes, Adaíla Marta Paixão Almeida, Manoel Odorico de Moraes and Tito Monteiro da Cruz Lotufo -- Anticancer potential of Northeast Brazilian plants / Cláudia Pessoa, Letícia Veras Costa-Lotufo, Albert Leyva, Maria Elisabete Amaral de Moraes and Manoel Odorico de Moraes --Safety and efficacy of phytomedicines / Manoel Odorico de Moraes, Fernando Antônio Frota Bezerra, Letícia Veras Costa-Lotufo, Cláudia Pessoa and Maria Elisabete Amaral de Moraes -- Pharmacological and biochemical profiling of lead compounds from traditional remedies : the case of Croton cajucara / Maria Aparecida M. Maciel, Tereza Neuma C. Dantas, Janaína Keila P. Câmara, Angelo C. Pinto, Valdir F. Veiga Jr., Carlos R. Kaiser, Nuno A. Pereira, Cristina M.T.S. Carneiro, Frederico A. Vanderlinde, Antônio J. Lapa, Aniele R. Agner, Ilce M.S. Cólus, Juliana Echevarria-Lima, Noema F. Grynberg, Andressa Esteves-Souza, Kenia Pissinate and Aurea Echevarria -- Antihypertensive peptides from natural resources / Toshiro Matsui and Kiyoshi Matsumoto -- Xanthones as therapeutic agents : chemistry and pharmacology / Noungoue Tchamo Diderot, Ngouela Silvere and Tsamo Etienne -- Inhibition of immunodeficiency type-1 virus (HIV-1) life cycle by medicinal plant extracts and plant-derived compounds / Roberto Gambari and Ilaria Lampronti -- Anticancer properties of saffron, Crocus sativus Linn. / José-Antonio Fernández -- Lead compounds and drug candidates from some Turkish plants for human health / İlkay Orhan and Bilge Şener -- Molecular design of multifunctional anti-Salmonella agents based on natural products / Isao Kubo, Ken-ichi Fujita, Ken-ichi Nihei and Aya Kubo -- Plant growth inhibitory activities by secondary metabolites isolated from Latin American flora / Carlos L Céspedes, Juan C Marín, Mariana Domínguez, J Guillermo Avila and Blanca Serrato -- Metabolomics : systematic studies of the metabolic profiling / Mahmud Tareq Hassan Khan and Arjumand Ather.
- Lentiviral vectors and gene therapy 2012, SpringerDavid Escors and Karine Breckpot --Development of Retroviral and Lentiviral Vectors /David Escors, Grazyna Kochan, Holly Stephenson and Karine Breckpot --Cell and Tissue Gene Targeting with Lentiviral Vectors /David Escors, Grazyna Kochan, Holly Stephenson and Karine Breckpot --Immunomodulation by Genetic Modification Using Lentiviral Vectors /Frederick Arce, Karine Breckpot, Grazyna Kochan and David Escors --Clinical Grade Lentiviral Vectors /Grazyna Kochan, David Escors, Holly Stephenson and Karine Breckpot --Human Gene Therapy with Retrovirus and Lentivirus Vectors /Grazyna Kochan, Holly Stephenson, Karine Breckpot and David Escors.
- Macromolecular drug delivery 2009, Springer ProtocolsDevelopments in macromolecular drug delivery / Mattias Belting and Anders Wittrup -- Synthetic vs. natural/biodegradable polymers for delivery of shRNA-based cancer therapies / John S. Vorhies and John J. Nemunaitis -- siRNA and DNA transfer to cultured cells / Bagavathi Gopalakrishnan and Jon Wolff -- Poly ([beta]-amino esters) : procedures for synthesis and gene delivery / Jordan J. Green ... [et al.] -- Systemic delivery and pre-clinical evaluation of nanoparticles containing antisense oligonucleotides and siRNAs / Chuanbo Zhang ... [et al.] -- Peptide-based delivery of steric-block PNA oligonucleotides / Saïd Abes ... [et al.] -- Characterizing peptide-mediated DNA internalization in human cancer cells / Anders Wittrup and Mattias Belting -- Selection and characterization of antibodies from phage display libraries against internalizing membrane antigens / Johan Fransson and Carl A.K. Borrebaeck -- Artificial membrane models for the study of macromolecular delivery / Lena Mäler and Astrid Gräslund -- Enhanced delivery of macromolecules into cells by electroendocytosis / Alexander Barbul ... [et al.] -- In vitro systems for studying epithelial transport of macromolecules / Nicole Daum ... [et al.] -- Preparation of macromolecule-containing dry powders for pulmonary delivery / Kelly S. Kraft and Marshall Grant -- Macromolecular delivery across the blood-brain barrier / Kullervo Hynynen -- Positron emission tomography (PET) and macromolecular delivery in vivo / Ludwig G. Strauss and Antonia Dimitrakopoulou-Strauss.
- Manual of family practice. 2nd ed. 2002, Ovid
- Manual of neurologic therapeutics. 7th ed. 2004, Ovid
- Melatonin in the promotion of health. 2nd ed. 2012, CRCnetBASE"This new edition presents information on how melatonin is synthesized and produced in the body as well as how this hormone affects several diseases. The book heavily focuses on prevention as well as treatment of various human disease states including behavior disorders, mental disorders, breast cancer, bone health, and gastrointestinal diseases. It covers the role of melatonin in the prevention of oxidative stress, mutagenesis, sun damage, ocular health, gut motility, and detoxification. It also presents mechanisms of melatonin action in humans including cell modulation, signaling mechanisms, protective effects, and melatonin receptors as well as its role as an antioxidant"--Provided by publisher.
- Chapter 1. ₃Li Lithium Metallotherapeutics / Robin S.B. Williams and Adrian J. Harwood, p. 1-17 -- Chapter 2. ₅B Boron Compounds as Therapeutic Drugs / Geeta Rana, Kamesh Vyakaranam, John A. Maguire and Narayan S. Hosmane, p. 19-49 -- Chapter 3. ₁₂Mg The Role of Magnesium As a Metallotherapeutic Drug / Pietro Delva, p. 51-64 -- Chapter 4. ₁₃Al Aluminum Metallotherapeutics / Thanos Salifoglou, p. 65-82 -- Chapter 5. ₁₄Si Biological Activity of Organosilicon Compounds / Edmunds Lukevics and Luba Ignatovich, p. 83-107 -- Chapter 6. ₂₀Ca The Role of Calcium As a Metallotherapeutic Drug / Mario Barbagallo and Ligia J. Dominguez, p. 109-124 -- Chapter 7. ₂₂Ti Anti-Tumor Titanium Drugs / Erich Dubler, p. 125-142 -- Chapter 8. ₂₃V Insulin-Mimetic Vanadium-Containing Compounds / Tamás Kiss and Tamás Jakusch, p. 143-158 -- Chapter 9. ₂₅Mn Manganese Metallotherapeutics / Jeanne H. Freeland-Graves, Tanushree Bose and Abbass Karbassian, p. 159-178 -- Chapter 10. ₂₆Fe The Use of Iron-Based Drugs in Medicine / Xiang Wu and Mei Lin Go, p. 179-200 -- Chapter 11. ₂₇Co Cobalt Complexes As Potential Pharmaceutical Agents / Hui Chao and Liang-Nian Ji, p. 201-218 -- Chapter 12. ₂₉Cu Chemotherapeutic Copper Compounds / Francisco González-Vílchez and Rosario Vilaplana, p. 219-236 -- Chapter 13. ₃₀Zn The Role of Zinc As a Metallotherapeutic Agent / Jane V. Higdon and Emily Ho, p. 237-257 -- Chapter 14. ₃₁Ga Therapeutic Gallium Compounds / Lawrence R. Bernstein, p. 259-277 -- Chapter 15. ₃₂Ge Biological Activity of Organogermanium Compounds / Edmunds Lukevics and Luba Ignatovich, p. 279-295 -- Chapter 16. ₃₃As Metallotherapeutic Arsenic Compounds / Paul C. Ho, p. 297-311 -- Chapter 17. ₃₄Se The Use of Selenium-Based Drugs in Medicine / Michael Carland and Tahli Fenner, p. 313-332 -- Chapter 18. ₄₃Tc Technetium in Medicine / Oyebola O. Sogbein and John F. Valliant, p. 333-358 -- Chapter 19. ₄₄Ru Perspectives of Ruthenium Complexes in Cancer Therapy / Olivier Lentzen, Cécile Moucheron and Andrée Kirsch-De Mesmaeker, p. 359-378 -- Chapter 20. ₄₅Rh Rhodium in Medicine / Florian P. Pruchnik, p. 379-397 -- Chapter 21. ₄₆Pd The Use of Palladium Complexes in Medicine / Achilleas Garoufis, Sotiris K. Hadjikakou and Nick Hadjiliadis, p. 399-419 -- Chapter 22. ₅₀Sn Tin Compounds and Their Therapeutic Potential / Marcel Gielen and Edward R.T. Tiekink, p. 421-439 -- Chapter 23. ₅₁Sb Antimony in Medicine / Siucheong Yan, Lan Jin and Hongzhe Sun, p. 441-461 -- Chapter 24. ₇₅Re Therapeutic Rhenium Radiopharmaceuticals / Jonathan R. Dilworth and Paul S. Donnelly, p. 463-487 -- Chapter 25. ₇₈Pt Platinum-Based Drugs / Viktor Brabec and Jana Kasparkova, p. 489-506 -- Chapter 26. ₇₉Au Gold-Based Metallotherapeutics: Use and Potential / Soo Yei Ho and Edward R.T. Tiekink, p. 507-527 -- Chapter 27. ₈₃Bi Bismuth-Based Pharmaceuticals / Neil Burford and Melanie D. Eelman, p. 529-540 -- Chapter 28. Paramagnetic Metal Complexes As Contrast Agents for Magnetic Resonance Imaging / Silvio Aime, Alessandro Barge, Eliana Gianolio, Simonetta Geninatti Crich, Walter Dastrú and Fulvio Uggeri, p. 541-560.
- Music that works 2009, SpringerIntroduction : music that works /Roland Haas --Sonification : listen to brain activity /Gerald Baier, Thomas Hermann --Chronobiology, as a foundation for and an approach to a new understanding of the influence of music /Hans-Ullrich Balzer --Music as medicine : incorporating scalable music-based interventions into standard medical practice /Vera Brandes --A perspective on evidence-based practice /Cheryl Dileo, Joke Bradt --The audio-vocal system in song and speech development /Wilfried Gruhn --The significance of exposure to music for the formation and stabilisation of complex neuronal relationship matrices in the human brain : implications for the salutogenetic effects of intervention by means of music theory /Gerald Hüther --Music and the self /Petr Janata --Neural substrates of processing syntax and semantics in music /Stefan Koelsch --A city upon a hill : making scientific progress in brain-based music research in typical development, autism, and other disorders /Nicolas Lange, Janet E. Lainhart --The rhythm of the heart, the tempus of music : Mozart, Ligeti, and the rat /Björn Lemmer --Music and child neurology : a developmental perspective /Luisa Lopez --Prenatal "experience" and the phylogenesis and ontogenesis of music /Richard Parncutt --Music and the evolution of human brain function /Juan G. Roederer --Clinical applications of music therapy in neurologic rehabilitation /Concetta M. Tomaino --Human biochronology : on the source and functions of "musicality" /Colwyn Trevarthen --A study of synchronisation behaviour in a group of test persons during Basky and Dhikr exercises via psycho-physiological monitoring /Gerhard Tucek, Elisabeth Ferstl, Florentina Maria Fritz --Resonance and silence : the significance in medicine /Rolf Verres --Emotion modulation by means of music and coping behaviour /Richard von Georgi, Miriam Göbel, Stefan Gebhardt --Identifying the effectiveness of a music-based auditory stimulation method, on children with sensory integration and auditory processing concerns : a pilot study /John Esteves ... [et al.] --Music as a medicine : incorporating music into standard hospital care /Vera Brandes.
- Naturally based biomaterials and therapeutics 2013, Springer
- New perspectives on aloe 2006, Springer
- Non-viral gene therapy 2005, Springer
- Nutrition therapy for chronic kidney disease 2012, CRCnetBASE"This book presents variations in nutritional therapy through the five stages of chronic kidney disease. Chapters cover history of renal disease management and pathophysiology; electrolyte and acid-based disorders; acute renal disease; dialysis techniques; children/adolescents with chronic kidney disease; pregnancy with chronic kidney disease; bone and mineral disorders management; drug-nutrient/drug supplements; endocrine and lipid management; anemia management; enteral and parenteral support; nutrition post transplant; and establishing quality of life improvement parameters. The text links clinical applications to the Kidney Foundation Outcome Quality Initiative resources and provides dietary and supplement recommendations"--Provided by publisher.
- Nutrition, lifestyle factors, and blood pressure 2012, CRCnetBASE"Aiming to increase awareness, this book covers measures to prevent health conditions and diseases that are associated with high blood pressure. The first section provides a comprehensive review of diet, nutrition, lifestyle, and blood pressure control. It also discusses the consequences of high blood pressure, including heart disease, kidney disease, diabetes, and stroke. The second section focuses on implementation of strategies to promote behavioral changes for blood pressure control. The final section addresses key subgroup populations and situations that require special considerations. Case studies demonstrate how lifestyle factors can be changed to control blood pressure"--Provided by publisher.
- Occupational therapy in epidermolysis bullosa 2013, Springer
- Ozone. 2nd ed. 2011, SpringerPhysical-chemical properties of ozone: natural production of ozone: the toxicology of ozone -- How ozone is generated and its concentrations measured? -- Preparation of ozonated water and oil for the topical therapy: ozone as a drinking water disinfectant: ozone disinfection to prevent nosocomial infections -- How does ozone act?: how and why can we avoid ozone toxicity? -- How is ozone administered? -- The actual six therapeutic modalities -- The potential toxicity of ozone: side effects and contraindications of ozonetherapy -- Is ozone really a "wonder drug"? -- The clinical applications of ozonetherapy -- The dilemma between hyperbaric oxygen therapy (HOT) and ozone therapy -- The still uncertain future of ozone therapy in medicine.
- PARP as a therapeutic target 2002, CRCnetBASE
- Pharmacogenomics in clinical therapeutics 2012, WileyPharmacogenomics principles : introduction to personalized medicine / Parvaz Madadi, and Gideon Koren -- Traditional therapeutic drug monitoring and pharmacogenomics : are they complementary? / Christine Snozek, Loralie J. Langman, and Amitava Dasgupta -- Pharmacogenomics aspect of warfarin therapy / Matthew D. Krasowski -- Pharmacogenetics and cancer chemotherapy / Christine L.H. Snozek -- Pharmacogenomic considerations in anesthesia and pain management / Christine Formea, Wayne T. Nicholson -- Pharmacogenomics of immunosuppressants / Nicolas Picard and Pierre Marquet -- Pharmacogenomics of cardiovascular drugs / Linnea M. Baudhuin -- Pharmacogenomics aspect of antiretroviral therapy / Natella Y. Rakhmanina and John N. van den Anker -- Pharmacogenetics of psychoactive drugs / Jorge L. Sepulveda -- Pharmacogenomic aspects of adverse drug-drug interactions / Loralie J. Langman and Christine Snozek -- Microarray technology and other methods in pharmacogenomics testing / Jorge L. Sepulveda -- Pharmacogenetic testing in the clinical laboratory environment / Mark P. Borgman and Mark W. Linder.
- Physical activity and cancer 2011, Springer
- Phytochemicals 2013, CRCnetBASE"An examination of foods, botanicals, and phytochemicals as they relate to the prevention of age-related chronic diseases, this book discusses herbs and spices in cancer prevention; wine, phenolics, and cancer; anthocyanins in cardiovascular health; anti-inflammatories; skin photoprotection; beny phytochemicals; green tea catechins; and cognitive function in the elderly. The book begins with an overview of phytonutrients in human health and disease, and covers chronic disease prevention, bone and joint health, skin health, obesity and metabolism, and brain health. The final chapter describes an analytical technique 'proving very powerful in phytonutrient research in humans"--Provided by publisher.
- Play therapy treatment planning and interventions. Second edition. 2013, ScienceDirectCh.1. Theoretical Foundations -- Ch.2. Recognizing, Addressing, and Celebrating Diversity -- Ch.3. Logistics -- Ch.4. Data Collection: Intake and Mental Status -- Ch.5. Assessment -- Ch.6. Case Conceptualization -- Ch.7. Treatment Planning -- Ch.8. Interventions -- Ch.9. Session Activities -- Ch.10. Jennifer.
- History of infusion therapy -- Minimizing risk and improving performance -- Nursing role and responsibilities -- Application of infusion nurses society standards of practice -- Anatomy and physiology applied to infusion therapy -- Laboratory tests and values -- Fluid and electrolyte balance -- Principles of parenteral fluid administration -- Complications and interventions -- Evidence-based infusion practice -- Infusion equipment and safety -- Peripheral infusion therapy techniques -- Short peripheral access -- Central venous access -- Alternate access -- Parenteral nutrition -- Transfusion therapy -- Pharmacology applied to infusion therapy -- Antineoplastic therapy -- Pain management -- Pediatric intravenous therapy -- Infusion therapy in an older adult patient -- Infusion therapy in alternate clinical settings: cost factors and treatment modalities -- The future of infusion nursing.
- Pocket guide to critical care pharmacotherapy 2008, Springer
- Quick AccessMedicine 2011, AccessMedicine
- Quick answers to medical diagnosis and therapy (AccessMedicine) 2011, AccessMedicine
- Coma, head trauma, and spinal cord injury / Galen V. Henderson -- Epilepsy / Edward B. Bromfield and Barbara A. Dworetzky -- Dizziness / Robert W. Baloh -- Back and neck pain / Allan H. Ropper -- Sleep disorders / Milena Pavlova -- Neurooncology / Patrick Y. Wen and Santosh Kesari -- Multiple sclerosis and other demyelinating diseases / Maria K. Houtchens and David M. Dawson -- Motor neuropathies and peripheral neuropathies / Anthony A. Amato -- Neuromuscular junction disorders and myopathies / Anthony A. Amato -- Chronic pain / Robert D. Helme -- Headache and facial pain / Elizabeth Loder and Paul Rizzoli -- Stroke and cerebrovascular disorders / Steven K. Feske -- Movement disorders / Lewis Sudarsky -- Behavioral neurology and dementia / Kirk R. Daffner and David A. Wolk -- Neuroophthalmology / Marc J. Dinken and Don C. Bienfang -- Toxic and metabolic disorders / Martin A. Samuels -- Infections of the central nervous system / Tracey A. Cho.
- This book details a model of consciousness supported by scientific experimental data from the human brain. It presents how the Corollary Discharge of Attention Movement (CODAM) neural network model allows for a scientific understanding of consciousness as well as provides a solution to the Mind-Body problem. The book provides readers with a general approach to consciousness that is powerful enough to lead to the inner self and its ramifications for the vast range of human experiences. It also offers an approach to the evolution of human consciousness and features chapters on mental disease (especially schizophrenia) and on meditative states (including drug-induced states of mind). Solving the Mind-Body Problem bridges the gap that exists between philosophers of mind and the neuroscience community, allowing the enormous weight of theorizing on the nature of mind to be brought to earth and put under the probing gaze of the scientific facts of life and mind.
- Stem cell and gene-based therapy 2006, SpringerHeart -- Neuro -- Musculoskeletal -- Kidney -- Eye -- Pancreas -- Hematology -- Skin.
- Ventricular remodeling in ischemic cardiomyopathy / Stefan Klotz and Daniel Burkhoff -- Myocardial regeneration: which cell and why / Elmostafa El Fahime and Jacques Tremblay -- Cardiac stem cells for myocardial regeneration / Bernardo Nadal-Ginard and Simón Méndez-Ferrer -- A historic recapitulation of myoblast transplantation / Daniel Skuk and Jacques Tremblay -- Myoblast cell transplantation preclinical studies / Doris A. Taylor and Harald Ott -- Skeletal myoblasts: the European experience / Philippe Menasche -- Skeletal myoblasts: the U. S. experience / Edward B. Diethrich -- Progenitor cells for cardiac regeneration / Ana Sánchez and Javier Garcia-Sancho -- Bone marrow derived stem cell for myocardial regeneration: preclinical experience / Bradley Martin and Mark Pittenger --Bone marrow derived stem cell for myocardial regeneration: clinical experience, surgical delivery / Manual Galiñanes -- Autologous mononuclear bone marrow cell transplantation for myocardial infarction: the German experience / Michael Brehm, Tobias Zeus and Bodo E. Strauer -- Autologous mononuclear bone marrow cell transplantation for myocardial infarction: the Spanish experience / Francisco E. Avilés ... [et al.] -- Mobilizing bone marrow stem cells for myocardial repair after acute myocardial infarction / Steve Ellis and Oussama Wazni -- Percutaneous myoblast transplantation: steps in transplantation research / Nabil Dib -- A porcine model of myocardial infarction for evaluation of cell transplantation / Nabil Dib ... [et al.] -- Tissue engineering for myocardial regeneration / Ravi K. Birla -- The role of pet scan in stem cell therapy / Uchechukwa Sampson ... [et al.] -- The measurement of systolic function in the mammalian heart / Blasé Carabello -- Electrophysiological aspects of cell transplantation / Nicholas S. Peters, Nicolas A.F. Chronos and Fernando Tondato -- Regulatory considerations in manufacturing, product testing, and preclinical development of cellular products for cardiac repair / Ellen Areman, Kim Benton and Richard McFarland.
- Stem cells and cancer stem cells 2012, SpringerFulltext Vol. 4 SpringerFulltext Vol. 5 SpringerFulltext Vol. 6 SpringerFulltext Vol. 7 Springer
- Stem cells and cancer stem cells. Volume 1, Therapeutic applications in disease and injury 2012, Springer
- Stem cells and cancer stem cells. Volume 2, Therapeutic applications in disease and injury 2012, Springer
- Stem cells for myocardial regeneration 2010, Springer ProtocolsStem cells for myocardial repair and regeneration : where are we today? / Randall J. Lee -- Bone marrow-derived endothelial progenitor cells : isolation and characterization for myocardial repair / Masaaki Ii -- Umbilical cells stem cells for myocardial repair and regeneration / Nicholas Greco and Mary J. Laughlin -- Isolation of resident cardiac progenitor cells by Hoechst 33342 staining / Otmar Pfister ... [et al.] -- Mesenchymal stem cell therapy for cardiac repair / Andrew J. Boyle, Ian K. McNiece, and Joshua M. Hare -- Methods for human embryonic stem cells derived cardiomyocytes cultivation, genetic manipulation, and transplantation / Gil Arbel ... [et al.] -- Experimental cell transplantation therapy in rat myocardial infarction model including nude rat preparation / Wangde Dai and Robert A. Kloner -- Large animal model of heart failure for assessment of stem cells / Sharad Rastogi -- Histopathologic assessment of myocardial regeneration / Naima Carter-Monroe ... [et al.] -- Assessment of myocardial angiogenesis and vascularity in small animal models / Matthew L. Springer -- Superparamagnetic iron oxide labeling of stem cells for MRi tracking and delivery in cardiovascular disease / Dorota A. Kedziorek and Dara L. Kraitchman -- Embryonic stem cell biology : insights from molecular imaging / Karim Sallam and Joseph C. Wu -- Genetic fate-mapping for studying adult cardiomyocyte replenishment after myocardial injury / Sunny S.-K. Chan ... [et al.] -- In vitro electrophysiological mapping of stem cells / Seth Weinberg, Elizabeth A. Lipke, and Leslie Tung -- Assessment of cardiac conduction : basic principles of optical mapping / Chunhua Ding and Thomas H. Everett IV -- Surface patterning for generating defined nanoscale matrices / Karen L. Christman and Heather D. Maynard.
- Targeted therapies 2011, SpringerResistance to Targeted Therapies As a Result of Mutation(s) in the Target / Alexis B. Cortot and Pasi A. Jänne -- The Dynamics of the Cell Signaling Network; Implications for Targeted Therapies / Daniel Gioeli -- Cancer Signaling Network Analysis by Quantitative Mass Spectrometry / Jason R. Neil and Forest M. White -- Development and Implementation of Array Technologies for Proteomics: Clinical Implications and Applications / Julia D. Wulfkuhle, Menawar Khalil, Joseph C. Watson, Lance A. Liotta and Emanuel F. Petricoin -- Using Phosphoflow® to Study Signaling Events of Subpopulations Resistant to Current Therapies / Omar D. Perez -- Mathematical and Computational Models in Cancer / Sudhir Chowbina, Kevin A. Janes, Shayn M. Peirce and Jason A. Papin -- Somatic Evolution of Acquired Drug Resistance in Cancer / John W. Pepper -- Interrogating Resistance to Targeted Therapy Using Genetically Engineered Mouse Models of Cancer / Edward Gunther -- microRNA: A Potential Therapy Able to Target Multiple Cancer Pathways / Benjamin Kefas and Benjamin W. Purow -- Rational Combination of Targeted Agents to Overcome Cancer Cell Resistance / Yun Dai and Steven Grant.
- Testing treatments 2006
- Therapeutic applications of cell microencapsulation 2010, SpringerHighlights and trends in cell encapsulation / Gorka Orive and José Luis Pedraz -- Biomaterials in cell microencapsulation / Edorta Santos ... [et al.] -- Development of subsieve size capsules and application to cell therapy / Shinji Sakai and Koei Kawakami -- Regulatory considerations in application of encapsulated cell therapies / J. van Zanten and Paul de Vos -- Treatment of diabetes with encapsulated islets / Paul de Vos, Milica Spasojevic, and Marijke M. Faas -- Epo delivery by genetically engineered C2C12 myoblasts immobilized in microcapsules / Ainhoa Murua ... [et al.] -- Artificial cell microencapsulated stem cells in regenerative medicine, tissue engineering, and cell therapy / Zun Chang Liu and Thomas Ming Swi Chang -- Microencapsulated choroid plexus epithelial cell transplants for repair of the brain / Christopher G. Thanos, Briannan Bintz, and Dwaine F. Emerich -- Therapeutic application of cell microencapsulation in cancer / Brian Salmons and Walter H. Gunzburg -- Inorganic nanoporous membranes for immunoisolated cell-based drug delivery / Adam Mendelsohn and Tejal Desai -- Cell microencapsulation / Grace J. Lim ... [et al.] -- Commercial applicability of cell microancapsulation : a review of intellectual property rights / Stephan M. Meier.
- Therapeutic applications of quadruplex nucleic acids. 1st ed. 2012, ScienceDirect"Therapeutic applications of quadruplex nucleic acids provides a single comprehensive survey that describes and assesses recent advances in quadruplex therapeutics and targeting strategies. It also covers the underlying fundamentals of such topics as quadruplex structure, small-molecule recognition, biological roles of genomic quadruplexes, and quadruplex informatics"--P. 4 of cover.
- Therapeutic proteins 2005, Springer ProtocolsBiopharmaceutical proteins: opportunities and challenges / John R. Birch and Yemi Onakunle -- Expression of antibody fragments by periplasmic secretion in Escherichia coli / Andrew G. Popplewell ... [et al.] -- Secretory production of therapeutic proteins in Escherichia coli / Sang Yup Lee, Jong Hyun Choi, and Sang Jun Lee -- Expression of recombinant LTB protein in marine vibrio VSP60 / Wang Yili and Si Lusheng -- Heterologous gene expression in yeast / Lee J. Byrne, Kenneth J. O'Callaghan, and Mick F. Tuite -- Pharmaceutical proteins from methylotrophic yeasts / Eric C. de Bruin ... [et al.] -- Expression of human papillomavirus type 16 L1 in baculovirus expression systems: a case study / Zheng Jin, Si Lusheng, and Wang Yili -- Large-scale transient expression of therapeutic proteins in mammalian cells / Sabine Geisse, Martin Jordan, and Florian M. Wurm -- Site-specific integration for high-level protein production in mammalian cells / Bhaskar Thyagarajan and Michele P. Calos -- Production of recombinant therapeutic proteins by mammalian cells in suspension culture / Lily Chu, Ilse Blumentals, and Gargi Maheshwari -- Transgene control engineering in mammalian cells / Beat P. Kramer and Martin Fussenegger -- Fusion to albumin as a means to slow the clearance of small therapeutic proteins using the Pichia pastoris espression system: a case study / William P. Sheffield, Teresa R. McCurdy, and Varsha Bhakta -- High throughput recovery of therapeutic proteins from the inclusion bodies of Escherichia coli: an overview / Amulya K. Panda -- Isolation, solubilization, refolding, and chromatographic purification of recombinant human growth hormone from inclusion bodies of Escherichia coli cells: a case study / Surinder M. Singh ... [et al.] -- Large-scale preparation of factor VIIa from human plasma: a case study / Teruhisa Nakashima and Kazuhiko Tomokiyo -- Purification of clinical-grade monoclonal antibodies by chromatographic methods / Alberto L. Horenstein, Ilaria Durelli, and Fabio Malavasi -- Virus elimination and validation / Nicola Boschetti and Anna Johnston -- Virus removal by nanofiltration / Marina Korneyeva and Scott Rosenthal --Determining residual host cell antigen levels in purified recombinant proteins by slot blot and scanning laser densitometry / Aaron P. Miles, Daming Zhu, and Allan Saul -- Principles of biopharmaceutical protein formulation: an overview / Scott P. Sellers and Yuh-Fun Maa -- Solid-state protein formulation: methodologies, stability, and excipient effects / Yuh-Fun Maa and Scott P. Sellers -- Stabilization of therapeutic proteins by chemical and physical methods / Ken-ichi Izutsu -- Extraction and characterization of vaccine antigens from water-in-oil adjuvant formulations / Aaron P. Miles and Allan Saul -- Probing reversible self-association of therapeutic proteins by sedimentation velocity in the analytical ultracentrifuge / Bernardo Perez-Ramirez and John J. Steckert -- Biological characterization of pegylated interferons: a case study / Lei Xie ... [et al.] -- Characterization of interferon [alpha]-2B pegylated via carboxyalkylation: a case study / David C. Wylie ... [et al.] -- Quantifying recombinant proteins and their degradation products using SDS-PAGE and scanning laser densitometry / Aaron P. Miles and Allan Saul -- Extraction and denaturing gel electrophoretic methodology for the analysis of yeast proteins / Kenneth J. O'Callaghan, Lee J. Byrne, and Mick F. Tuite -- Characterization of therapeutic proteins by membrane and in-gel tryptic digestion / C. Mark Smales, Rosalyn J. Marchant, and Michèle F. Underhill -- Oligosaccharide release and MALDI-TOF MS analysis of N-linked carbohydrate structures from glycoproteins / Rodney G. Keck, John B. Briggs, and Andrew J.S. Jones -- Capillary electrophoresis of carbohydrates derivatized with fluorophoric compounds / Stacey Ma ... [et al.] -- High-throughput LC/MS methodology for [alpha](1->3)Gal determination of recombinant monoclonal antibodies: a case study / Lihua Huang and Charles E. Mitchell -- Carbohydrate structural characterization of Fas ligand inhibitory protein / Lihua Huang ... [et al.] -- Top-down characterization of protein pharmaceuticals by liquid chromatography/mass spectrometry: application to recombinant factor IX comparability-a case study / Jason C. Rouse ... [et al.] -- Sample preparation procedures for high-resolution nuclear magnetic resonance studies of aqueous and stabilized solutions of therapeutic peptides / Mark J. Howard.
- Therapeutic strategies in cancer biology and pathology 2013, ScienceDirect
- Understanding mechanical ventilation. 2nd ed. 2010, SpringerHistorical Aspects of Mechanical Ventilation / Ashfaq Hasan -- The Indications for Mechanical Ventilation / Ashfaq Hasan -- Physiological Considerations in the Mechanically Ventilated Patient / Ashfaq Hasan -- The Conventional Modes of Mechanical Ventilation / Ashfaq Hasan -- Ventilator Settings / Ashfaq Hasan -- Ventilator Alarms / Ashfaq Hasan -- Monitoring Gas Exchange in the Mechanically Ventilated Patient / Ashfaq Hasan -- Monitoring Lung Mechanics in the Mechanically Ventilated Patient / Ashfaq Hasan -- Mechanical Ventilation in Specific Disorders / Ashfaq Hasan -- The Complications of Mechanical Ventilation / Ashfaq Hasan -- Ventilator-Associated Pneumonia / Ashfaq Hasan -- Discontinuation of Mechanical Ventilation / Ashfaq Hasan -- Noninvasive Ventilation in Acute Respiratory Failure / Ashfaq Hasan -- Negative Pressure Ventilation / Ashfaq Hasan -- Airway Humidification in the Mechanically Ventilated Patient / Ashfaq Hasan -- Aerosol Therapy in the Mechanically Ventilated Patient / Ashfaq Hasan -- Nonconventional Modes and Adjunctive Therapies for Mechanical Ventilation / Ashfaq Hasan -- Case Studies / Ashfaq Hasan.
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- AAP Red Book Online
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Sabiston Textbook of Surgery
- Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics
- Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics
- Mandell, Douglas, & Bennett's Principles & Practice of Infectious Diseases
- Red Book Online
- ICU Book
- Primary Care Medicine
- Campbell-Walsh Urology
Shortcut to Licensed Content
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Links” (IE7) or “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
Shortcut for iPhone
What is it?
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) gives you access to resources licensed by the library even when you're not coming from a Lane or a Stanford IP address.
While we'd like Lane to be your gateway to our licensed content, we recognize that links to books, articles and journals come from a variety of different sources (Google, your email, RSS reader, etc.).
When installed, it will look your browser bookmark.
At the page you would like to proxy, click the "Lane Gateway to Licensed Content" to invoke it.
If Lane licenses that content, you'll get access as if you were on campus.
How does it work?
This allows you to view the URL as though you were on campus, giving you access to materials licensed for use by the Stanford academic community.
If you're not authenticated, you'll be prompted for your SUNetID and password.
Don't see the Toolbar, Bookmarks, or Links or Favorites bar?
From the "View" menu, select "Toolbars" & choose "Bookmarks Toolbar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Show Bookmarks Bar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Always Show Bookmarks Bar"
- Right-click in a clear area near the browser address bar
- In the menu, check a box next "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites" (IE8, IE9)
- Managing IE Favorites
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) only works with resources Lane has licensed and configured to work with our proxy server.
If invoked on a resource we do not license and/or have not yet configured, you will see an error message:
The Lane proxy server cannot complete your request because this host has not been configured properly.
We make no attempt to configure our proxy server for every resource, only those we license and for which a Stanford IP address grants access.
Drag this button onto your browser toolbar to install.
- Right click this button
- Select "Add to Favorites", click "Continue" if you see a security alert
- In "Create in" menu, select "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites Bar" (IE8, IE9) to install
Drag this button onto Safari Bookmarks bar to install.
Can't find it?
- Springer Protocols
- MD Consult
- Lange Series
- National Academy Press
- NCBI Bookshelf
- Thieme Atlases