Books by Subject
- 2015 Future MedKarpawich, Peter P.Adult congenital heart disease -- Cardiac resynchronization therapy for the univentricular heart -- Ventricular tachycardia in patients with teratology of Fallot -- The role of the implantable cardioverter-defibrillator for primary prevention in the adult with congenital heart disease -- Implantable cardiac device therapy in congenital heart disease -- Heart transplantation in adult congenital heart disease: who? -- Heart transplantation in adult congenital heart disease: when and why not? -- Ask the experts: arrhythmia and hemodynamics -- Multiple choice questions: answers.
- 2013 ClinicalKeyJones, Kenneth Lyons; Campo, Miguel del; Jones, Marilyn C.; Smith, David W.This medical reference book provides you with complete and authoritative, yet accessible guidance to help accurately diagnose these human disorders, establish prognoses, and provide appropriate management and genetic counseling. Recognize the visual signs of each environmental and genetic abnormality by consulting more than 1,500 full-color photographs and illustrations, many from the personal collections of Drs. Smith and Jones. Find all the answers you need about normal and abnormal morphogenesis, minor anomalies and their relevance, clinical approaches to specific diagnoses, and normal standards of measurement for the entire spectrum of human malformation syndromes. Efficiently identify genetic disorders in your patients with the inclusion of nearly 20 recently recognized entities/syndromes, as well as new chapters on Microdeletions and Microduplication Syndromes.
- 2013 Springer ProtocolsBarrow, Paul.ICH S5(R2) guideline for the testing of medicinal agents / L. David Wise -- Nonclinical reproductive toxicity testing requirements for drugs, pesticides, and industrial chemicals in India and China / K.S. Rao and Jing Dong -- Developmental toxicity testing of biologics / Keith P. Hazelden -- OECD guidelines for the testing of chemicals and pesticides / Jochen Buschmann -- Teratology testing under REACH / Steve Barton -- Teratology testing of food additives / Paul C. Barrow and Francois Spezia -- Developmental toxicity testing of vaccines / Paul C. Barrow and Linda Allais -- Teratology testing of cosmetics / Francois Spézia and Paul C. Barrow -- Teratology studies in the rat / Mariline Leroy and Linda Allais -- Teratology studies in the mouse / Edward Marsden and Mariline Leroy -- Combined fertility and embryotoxicity study / Lucie Reynaud and Edward Marsden -- Teratology studies in the rabbit / Linda Allais and Lucie Reynaud -- Teratology studies in the minipig / Peter A. McAnulty -- Embryo fetal development studies in nonhuman primates / Antje Fuchs, Eberhard Buse, and Gerhard F. Weinbauer -- Enhanced pre- and postnatal development study for monoclonal antibodies / Gerhard F. Weinbauer, Joerg Luft, and Antje Fuchs -- Skeletal examination by alizarin staining / Lucie Reynaud and Audrey Jocteur-Monrozier -- Skeletal examination by double staining for ossified bone and cartilaginous tissue / Steffen Schneider -- Small animal imaging and examination by micro-CT / Sergio X. Vasquez, Neha Shah, and Alan M. Hoberman -- Fetal soft tissue examination by serial sectioning / Karon Critchell -- Fetal soft tissue examinations by microdissection / Mariline Leroy and Audrey Jocteur-Monrozier -- Soft tissue examination of the fetal rat and rabbit head by magnetic resonance imaging / Julian M. French and Neil Woodhouse -- Historical control data in reproductive and developmental toxicity studies / Eve Mylchreest and Stephen B. Harris -- Reporting of teratology studies / Paul C. Barrow and Lucie Reynaud -- Maternal toxicity / Bengt R. Danielsson -- Innovations in testing strategies in reproductive toxicology / Aldert H. Piersma -- Predictive models and computational toxicology / Thomas Knudsen, Matthew Martin, Kelly Chandler, Nicole Kleinstreuer, Richard Judson, and Nisha Sipes -- Embryonic stem cell test / Sjors H.W. Schulpen and Aldert H. Piersma -- Zebrafish teratogenicity testing / Kimberly C. Brannen, Jeffrey H. Charlap, and Elise M. Lewis -- Frog embryo teratogenesis assay on Xenopus and predictivity compared with in vivo mammalian studies / Isabelle Leconte and Isabelle Mouche -- Rat whole embryo culture assay using the dysmorphology score system / Cindy Zhang, Julie Panzica-Kelly, and Karen Augustine-Rauch -- Toxicogenomic approaches in developmental toxicology testing / Joshua F. Robinson and Aldert H. Piersma -- Validation of alternative tests for developmental and reproductive toxicology testing : an ILSI Health and Environmental Sciences Institute perspective / James H. Kim -- Regulatory assessment of reproductive toxicology data / Elizabeth Davidson -- Hazard and risk assessment of teratogenic chemicals under REACH / Wiebke Prutner -- Reproductive toxicity risk assessment for pesticides / Beate Ulbrich -- Thalidomide disaster, lessons from the past / James E. Ridings.
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- AAP Red Book Online
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Sabiston Textbook of Surgery
- Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics
- Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics
- Mandell, Douglas, & Bennett's Principles & Practice of Infectious Diseases
- Red Book Online
- ICU Book
- Primary Care Medicine
- Campbell-Walsh Urology
Access restricted to Stanford community
Shortcut to Licensed Content
TO INSTALL, DRAG THIS BUTTON to your browser Bookmarks or Tools Bar.
Bookmark on Other Websites
- TO INSTALL, RIGHT CLICK this button.
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
- Once installed it will look like this
- Click "Bookmark on Lane" to bookmark any webpage
- Your saved bookmark will appear on this page
Can't find it?
Look if we have it in print
- Springer Protocols
- Lange Series
- National Academy Press
- NCBI Bookshelf
- Thieme Atlases
A repository of medical knowledge from internal medicine, cardiology, genetics, pharmacy, diagnosis and management, basic sciences, patient care, and more.
Continuously expanding, all databases in the repository contain the latest editions of selected medical titles.MicroMedex: Premier pharmaceutical information source containing multiple databases and drug reference tools. Of particular value is DRUGDEX Evaluations, one of the most comprehensive drug sources available.DynaMed is a clinical information resource used by physicians to answer clinical questions quickly and easily at the point of care. Topics are updated daily as new evidence becomes available.Scopus is the largest abstract and citation database of peer-reviewed literature: scientific journals, books and conference proceedings.A drug information resource containing: American Hospital Formulary System (AHFS), drug formulary for Lucile Packard Children's Hospital (LPCH) and Stanford Hospital & Clinics (SHC), Lexi-Drugs (adverse reactions, dosage and administration, mechanism of action, storage, use, and administration information), Lexi-Calc, Lexi-ID, Lexi-I.V. Compatibility (King Guide), Lexi-Interact, and Lexi-PALS.Cumulative Index to Nursing and Allied Health Literature (CINAHL) contains coverage of nursing and allied health literature.A knowledge database that provides access to topic reviews based on over 6000 clinically relevant articles. The evidence-based content, updated regularly, provides the latest practice guidelines in 59 medical specialtiesProvides critical assessments of systematic reviews compiled from a variety of medical journals.Selects from the biomedical literature original studies and systematic reviews that are immediately clinically relevant and then summarizes these articles in an enhanced abstract with expert commentary.
Multidisciplinary coverage of over 10,000 high-impact journals in the sciences, social sciences, and arts and humanities, as well as international proceedings coverage for over 120,000 conferences.
Includes cited reference searching, citation maps, and an analyze tool.
Features systematic reviews that summarize the effects of interventions and makes a determination whether the intervention is efficacious or not.
Cochrane reviews are created through a strict process of compiling and analyzing data from multiple randomized control trials to ensure comprehensiveness and reliability.Provides systematic coverage of the psychological literature from the 1800s to the present through articles, book chapters and dissertations.BMJ Clinical Evidence. A clinical information tool built around systematic reviews summarizing the current state of knowledge about prevention and treatment of clinical conditions.PIER (Physicians' Information and Education Resource) is a Web-based decision-support tool designed for rapid point-of-care delivery of up-to-date, evidence-based guidance for primary care physicians.Cochrane Central Register of Controlled Trials (CENTRAL) provides access to 300,000 controlled trials that have been identified the Cochrane Collaboration.Provides drug information targeted for patients.A continually updating drug monograph.The National Guideline Clearinghouse (NGC): A comprehensive database of evidence-based clinical practice guidelines and related documents.MedlinePlus: A repository of health information from the National Library of Medicine. Links are from trusted sites. No advertising, no endorsement of commercial companies or productsLPCH CareNotes via MicroMedex: Patient education handouts customized by LPCH clinical staffMicromedex Lab Advisor: Evidence based laboratory test informationA drug database organized by generic name, trade name and drug class.LPCH / Stanford Hospital Formulary.A goldmine of trusted consumer health information from the world's largest medical library.A trusted source of expert advice for and about kids, providing the information necessary to help patients and parents understand their unique needs.Provides patient handouts from the American Academy of Family Physician.Access to the Stanford Health Library for patients.Lane provides access to over 5,000 eBooks many of which provide helpful background material that will prepare you to better tackle primary literature.
Largest, broadest eBook package; covers all sciences, as well as technology (including software), medicine, and humanities.
In addition to covering Wiley and Springer, MyiLibrary is also the only provider for Oxford and Cambridge University Press titles. No seat restrictions.A collection of biomedical books that can be searched directly by concept, and linked to terms in PubMed abstracts.
A web-based, decision support system for infectious diseases, epidemiology, microbiology and antimicrobial chemotherapy. The database, updated weekly, currently includes 337 diseases, 224 countries, 1,147 microbial taxa and 306 antibacterial (-fungal, -parasitic, -viral) agents and vaccines.
Over 10,000 notes outline the status of specific infections within each country.
Provides online, full-text access to Springer's journal titles as well as journals from other publishers.
Subjects include: life sciences, chemical sciences, environmental sciences, geosciences, computer science, mathematics, medicine, physics and astronomy, engineering and economics. Also includes eBooks.Collection of over 8 thousand fulltext titles in engineering, math, and basic and applied biomedical research. Coverage is from 1967 to the present.A library of ebooks on a wide array of topics, digitized and made available online in conjunction with the original publishers.