Books by Subject
- ABC of pediatric surgical imaging ......
- — Handbook of pediatric surgery ..........
- Head & neck surgery--otolaryngology. ...
- — Schwartz's Principles of surgery. 9th...
- Schwartz's Principles of surgery. Sel...
- — Zollinger's Atlas of surgical operati...
- ABC of pediatric surgical imaging 2010, Springer
- AccessMedicine Lange Case files McGraw-HillClinical cases selected from the LANGE Case Files series, edited by Eugene C. Toy, MD.
- AccessSurgery (Online service). Q&A. Board review 2007, AccessSurgery, Limited to 10 simultaneous users, Users must register and sign in to take a testPart of AccessSurgery website. Provides access to online board review tests with questions based on standard surgery textbooks.
- Acute care surgery 2007, SpringerPart I. General Principles -- Initial Assessment and Early Resuscitation / Louis H. Alarcon and Andrew B. Peitzman -- The Operating Theater for Acute Care Surgery / Kenneth L. Mattox -- Anesthesia and Acute Care Surgery / Omid Moayed and Richard P. Dutton -- Fundamental Operative Approaches in Acute Care Surgery / David J. Ciesla and Ernest E. Moore -- The Perioperative Management of the Acute Care Surgical Patient / Craig M. Coopersmith and Timothy G. Buchman -- The Hemodynamically Labile Patient: Cardiovascular Adjuncts and Assist Devices / Edward E. Cornwell and Preeti R. John -- Principles and Practice of Nutritional Support for Surgical Patients / Maheswari Senthil, Bobby Rupani, Jondavid H. Jabush and Edwin A. Deitch -- The Intensive Care Unit: The Next-Generation Operating Room / Philip S. Barie, Soumitra R. Eachempati and Jian Shou -- Burns / Basil A. Pruitt and Richard L. Gamelli -- Electrical and Lightning Injuries / Raphael C. Lee -- Soft Tissue Infections / Anthony A. Meyer, Jeffrey E. Abrams, Thomas L. Bosshardt and Claude H. Organ -- The Open Abdomen: Management from Initial Laparotomy to Definitive Closure / Fred A. Luchette, Stathis J. Poulakidas and Thomas J. Esposito -- Acute Care Surgery and the Elderly / Patrick K. Kim, Donald R. Kauder and C. William Schwab -- Acute Care Surgery in the Rural Setting / Dana Christian Lynge, Nicholas W. Morris and John G. Hunter -- Prehospital Care in the Acute Setting / Norman E. McSwain -- Disaster and Mass Casualty Management / Eric R. Frykberg -- Principles of Injury Prevention and Control / M. Margaret Knudson and Larisa S. Speetzen -- Education: Surgical Simulation in Acute Care Surgery / Lenworth M. Jacobs and Karyl J. Burns -- Part II. Organ-Based Approach -- Pharynx and Larynx / Ernest M. Myers -- Head and Neck: Pediatrics / Reza Rahbar and Gerald B. Healy -- Esophagus / George C. Velmahos, Nahid Hamoui, Peter F. Crookes and Demetrios Demetriades -- Central Nervous System / Peter B. Letarte -- Chest Wall / John C. Mayberry and Donald D. Trunkey -- Lungs and Pleura / Riyad Karmy-Jones and J. Wayne Meredith -- Heart / Matthew S. Slater -- Thoracic Aorta / Peter I. Ellman and Irving L. Kron -- Diaphragm / Michel B. Aboutanos, Therèse M. Duane, Ajai K. Malhotra and Rao R. Ivatury -- Abdominal Wall / Jeffrey A. Claridge and Martin A. Croce -- Foregut / Philip E. Donahue-- Small Intestine / Juliet Lee, Todd Ponsky and Jeffrey L. Ponsky -- Liver and Biliary Tract / Spiros P. Hiotis and Hersch L. Pachter -- Pancreas / Juan A. Asensio, Patrizio Petrone and L. D. Britt -- Spleen / L. D. Britt -- Intraabdominal Vasculature / George H. Meier and Hosam F. El Sayed -- Colon and Rectum / Herand Abcarian -- Urogenital Tract / Nejd F. Alsikafi, Sean P. Elliott, Maurice M. Garcia and Jack W. McAninch -- Pelvis / Craig M. Rodner and Bruce D. Browner -- Lower Extremities / Tina A. Maxian and Michael J. Bosse -- Hand and Upper Extremities / David T. Netscher and Idris Gharbaoui -- Peripheral Vasculature / David V. Feliciano -- Part III. Administration, Ethics, and Law -- Understanding the Latest Changes in EMTALA: Our Country's Emergency Care Safety Net / Thomas R. Russell -- Informed Surgical Consent / Linda S. Laibstain and Robert C. Nusbaum -- Advance Directives / David G. Jacobs -- The Nonviable Patient and Organ Procurement / Frederic J. Cole, Jay N. Collins and Leonard J. Weireter -- Ethical Dilemmas and the Law / Ira J. Kodner, Daniel M. Freeman, Robb R. Whinney and Douglas J. E. Schuerer -- Part IV. System and Curriculum Development -- Development of a Regional System for Surgical Emergencies (RSSE) / A. Brent Eastman, David B. Hoyt and J. Wayne Meredith -- Acute Care Surgery: A Proposed Curriculum / L. D. Britt and Michael F. Rotondo -- Emergency General Surgery: The Vanderbilt Model / José J. Diaz, Oscar D. Guillamondegui and John A. Morris -- Part V. The International Communities -- Acute Care Surgery: United Kingdom / Bernard F. Ribeiro, Simon Paterson-Brown, Murat Akyol, Michael Walsh and Andrew Sim, et al. -- Acute Care Surgery: Australia / Thomas Kossmann and Ilan S. Freedman -- Acute Care Surgery: Japan / Kyoichi Takaori and Nobuhiko Tanigawa.
- Advanced laparoscopic surgery. 2nd ed. 2010, SpringerGeneral concepts -- Cholecystectomy -- Common bile duct explorations and bilioenteric anastomosis -- Laparoscopic liver surgery -- Esophageal surgery -- Gastric surgery -- Appendectomy -- Colorectal procedures -- Small bowel obstruction -- Inguinal hernia repair -- Incisional and ventral hernia repair including component separation -- Splenectomy (total and partial) and splenopancreatectomy -- Adrenalectomy -- Bariatric surgery -- Single-access laparoscopic surgery (SALS) -- Advanced laparoscopic suturing techniques.
- Advanced surgical facial rejuvenation 2012, Springer
- Advances in reconstructive vaginal surgery 2007, Ovid
- Advances in spinal stabilization 2003, Karger
- Aesthetic surgery of the abdominal wall 2005, Springer
- Aesthetic surgery of the facial mosaic 2007, Springer
- Anatomic basis of tumor surgery. 2nd ed. 2010, Springer
- Anesthesia and perioperative care for aortic surgery 2011, SpringerApplied anatomy of the aorta -- Acute aortic syndrome -- Preoperative cardiac evaluation before aortic surgery -- Role of echocardiography in aortic surgery -- Operative techniques in surgery of the proximal thoracic aorta and aortic arch -- Anesthesia for surgery of the ascending aorta and aortic arch -- Deep hypothermic circulatory arrest -- Cerebral monitoring during aortic surgery -- Understanding open repair of the descending thoracic and thoracoabdominal aorta -- Anesthesia for descending aortic surgery -- Spinal cord protection strategies -- Understanding endovascular aortic surgery: Endovascular repair of aortic aneurysmal disease -- Anesthesia for endovascular aortic surgery -- Anesthesia for open abdominal aortic aneurysm repair -- Renal protection strategies -- Comprehansive management of patients with traumatic aortic injury -- Anesthesia for adult congenital aortic surgery -- Atherosclerosis of the aorta and prevention of neurological dysfunction after cardiac surgery -- Postoperative care after aortic surgery.
- Anesthesia in cosmetic surgery 2007, CambridgePropofol ketamine with bispectral index (BIS) monitoring / Barry L. Friedberg -- Preoperative instructions, intraoperative environment / Barry L. Friedberg -- Level-of-consciousness monitoring / Scott D. Kelley -- The dissociative effect and preemptive analgesia / Barry L. Friedberg -- Special needs of cosmetic dental patients / James A. Snyder -- Propofol Ketamine in the UK, Propofol Ketamine beyond cosmetic surgery / Chris Pollock -- Propofol Ketamine beyond cosmetic surgery : implications for military medicine and mass-casualty anesthesia / Joel W. McMasters -- Lidocaine use and toxicity in cosmetic surgery / Adam Frederic Dorin -- Local anesthetic blocks in head and neck surgery / Joseph Niamtu -- Local anesthetics and surgical considerations for body contouring / Roger Wade Pielet -- Intravenous anesthesia for cosmetic surgery / David Barinholtz -- Regional anesthesia for cosmetic surgery / Holly Evans and Susan M. Steele -- General inhalation anesthesia for cosmetic surgery / Meena Desai -- Preanesthetic assessment of the cosmetic surgery patient / Norman Levin -- Psychological aspects of cosmetic surgery / David B. Sarwer, Canice E. Crerand, and Lauren M. Gibbons -- The business of the office-based anesthesia for cosmetic surgery / Marc E. Koch -- The politics of office-based anesthesia / David Barinholtz -- Staying out of trouble : the medicolegal perspective / Ann Lofsky.
- Aortic root surgery 2010, Springer
- Artificial organs 2009, Springer
- ASCRS manual of colon and rectal surgery 2009, Springer
- ASCRS textbook of colon and rectal surgery 2007, Springer
- ASCRS textbook of colon and rectal surgery. 2nd ed. 2011, Springer
- Atlas of advanced endoaortic surgery 2013, Springer
- Atlas of breast surgery 2006, Springer
- Atlas of intestinal stomas 2012, SpringerIntestinal Stomas: Historical Overview --Gastrointestinal Anatomy --Structure and Function of the Large Bowel --Physiologic and Metabolic Effects of Intestinal Stomas --Quality of Life of the Ostomate --Wound, Ostomy, and Continence/Enterostomal Therapy (WOC/ET) Nursing --Ileostomy --Medical Management of the High-Output Enterostomy and Enterocutaneous Fistula --Intestinal Stomas and the Biliary Tree --Continent Ileostomy --Colostomy: Types, Indications, Formation, and Reversal --Laparoscopic Ostomy Surgery --Ostomies in Trauma --CCF Color Photo Gallery --Stomas Via Percutaneous Endoscopy --Gastrointestinal Stomas in Infants and Children --Antegrade Colonic Enema (ACE) --Urinary Stomas --Enterocutaneous Fistula --Parastomal Hernia --Surgical Treatment of Peristomal Skin Conditions --Stoma Prolapse --Challenging Stomas.
- Atlas of lacrimal surgery 2007, Springer
- Atlas of minimally invasive surgery in esophageal carcinoma 2010, Springer
- Atlas of robotic prostatectomy 2013, Springer
- Atlas of robotic urologic surgery 2011, Springer
- Biomaterials for surgical operation 2012, Springer
- Biotechnology in surgery 2011, Springer
- Blumgart's surgery of the liver, biliary tract, and pancreas. 5th ed. 2012, ScienceDirect
- Brain protection in cardiac surgery 2011, SpringerMolecular and biochemical basis of brain injury following heart surgery: interventions for the future -- Cardiopulmonary bypass circuit and the brain -- Neurological and cognitive sequelae of cardiac surgery -- Neurocognitive decline following cardiac surgery: incidence, risk factors, prevention, and outcomes -- Neuropathology of brain injury in cardiac surgery -- Biochemical markers of brain injury -- Pitfalls of neuropsychometric assessment and alternative investigative approaches -- Imaging of the brain in cardiac surgery as a tool in brain protection studies -- Current techniques of emboli detection and their utility in brain protection studies -- Intraoperative brain monitoring in cardiac surgery -- Near-infrared spectroscopy monitoring in cardiac surgery: theory, practice, and utility -- The design and methodology of clinical studies on neuroprotection in cardiac surgery -- Temperature and brain protection in cardiac surgery -- Studies of nonpharmacological interventions to reduce brain injury -- Pharmacological studies to reduce brain injury in cardiac surgery -- Off-pump and on-pump coronary artery surgery and the brain -- Experimental basis and clinical studies of brain protection in pediatric heart surgery -- Experimental basis and clinical studies of brain protection in aortic arch surgery -- The future of brain protection in cardiac surgery.
- Cardiac surgery in the adult. 4th ed. 2012, AccessSurgery
- Cardiothoracic surgery in the elderly 2011, SpringerPart 1. General Aspects of Care -- Invited Commentary / Ronnie A. Rosenthal -- The Epidemiology and Economics of Cardiothoracic Surgery in the Elderly / David A. Etzioni and Vaughn A. Starnes -- Principles of Geriatric Surgery / Mark R. Katlic -- Geriatric Models of Care / Elizabeth A. Capezuti, Patricia Ursomanno, Marie Boltz and Hongsoo Kim -- Delirium After Cardiac Surgery / James L. Rudolph -- Cardiac Rehabilitation in the Elderly / Carl I. Gonzales and Lois A. Killewich -- Legal Aspects of Geriatric Surgery / Marshall B. Kapp -- Ethical Issues in Cardiothoracic Surgery for the Elderly / Susan M. Hecker and Robert M. Sade -- Acute Pain Control in Geriatric Patients After Cardiac and Thoracic Surgeries / Jack M. Berger, Tawfik Ayoub and Jayeshkumar Patel -- Palliative Care in the Elderly / Geoffrey P. Dunn -- Cardiopulmonary Trauma in the Elderly / Jay Menaker and Thomas M. Scalea -- Imaging Features of the Normal Aging Chest / Carol C. Wu and Jo-Anne O. Shepard -- Cardiac Imaging in the Elderly / Faisal Nabi, Dipan J. Shah, Stephen H. Little and Su Min Chang -- Part 2. Physiologic Changes -- Invited Commentary / Michael E. Zenilman -- Biology of Aging / Huber R. Warner -- Hematologic Disorders in the Elderly / Ilene C. Weitz -- Anticoagulation in the Older Surgical Patient / M. Kate Elfrey and Susan J. Zieman -- Medication Usage in Older Cardiothoracic Surgical Patients / Richard A. Marottoli, Sean M. Jeffery and Roshini C. Pinto-Powell -- Wound Healing in the Elderly / Christopher G. Engeland and Praveen K. Gajendrareddy -- Pulmonary Changes in the Elderly / Keenan A. Hawkins and Ravi Kalhan -- Cardiac Changes in the Elderly / Wilbert S. Aronow and William H. Frishman -- Renal Changes in the Elderly / Carlos G. Musso and Dimitrios G. Oreopoulos -- Gastrointestinal and Liver Changes in the Elderly / Vadim Sherman, John A. Primomo and F. Charles Brunicardi --Neurologic and Cognitive Changes in the Elderly / J. Riley McCarten -- Hormonal Changes During and After Cardiac Surgery / Marcello Maggio, Chiara Cattabiani and Gian Paolo Ceda -- Part 3. Cardiac Surgery -- Invited Commentary / William A. Baumgartner -- Preoperative Evaluation and Preparation in the Elderly Cardiac Surgery Patient / Joseph C. Cleveland -- Cardiac Anesthesia in the Elderly / Eric W. Nelson and James H. Abernathy -- Postoperative and Critical Care in the Elderly Cardiac Surgery Patient / Christopher J. Barreiro, Kerry J. Stewart and Glenn Whitman -- Surgery for Ischemic Coronary Disease in the Elderly / Margarita T. Camacho and Melissa L. Wong -- Surgical Treatment of Aortic Valve Disease in the Elderly / Vinod H. Thourani and Robert A. Guyton -- Surgical Treatment of Mitral Valve Disease in the Elderly / Maqsood M. Elahi and Kenton J. Zehr -- Surgical Treatment of Thoracic Aortic Disease in the Elderly / Arnar Geirsson -- Surgical Treatment of Pericardial Disease in the Elderly / Joshua Kindelan and Alberto de Hoyos -- Pacemakers and Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillators in the Elderly / Luciana Armaganijan and Jeff S. Healey -- Heart Transplantation and Mechanical Assistance in the Elderly / Edwin C. McGee -- Part 4. Thoracic Surgery -- Invited Commentary / Joseph LoCicero -- Preoperative Evaluation and Preparation in the Elderly Thoracic Surgery Patient / Ticiana Leal, Noelle K. LoConte, Anai Kothari and Tracey L. Weigel -- Thoracic Anesthesia in the Elderly / Anne C. Kolker -- Postoperative and Critical Care in the Elderly Thoracic Surgery Patient / Brannon R. Hyde and Joseph B. Zwischenberger -- Adjuvant Therapy for Lung Cancer in the Elderly / Jared Weiss and Corey J. Langer -- Pulmonary Surgery for Malignant Disease in the Elderly / Sarah E. Billmeier and Michael T. Jaklitsch -- Benign Thoracic Disease in the Elderly / Rita A. Mukhtar and Pierre R. Theodore -- Lung Transplantation in the Elderly / Juan J. Fibla, Sandra C. Tomaszek and Stephen D. Cassivi -- Esophageal Surgery for Malignant Disease in the Elderly / Philip A. Rascoe and John C. Kucharczuk -- Esophageal Surgery for Benign Disease in the Elderly / Rose E. Hardin, Katie S. Nason and James D. Luketich -- Surgery for Mediastinal Disease in the Elderly / Cameron D. Wright -- Surgery for Pleural Disease in the Elderly / Raja M. Flores and Naveed Z. Alam -- Surgery for Chest Wall Disease in the Elderly / Daniel L. Miller -- Surgery of the Trachea and Bronchi in the Elderly / Douglas J. Mathisen and Ashok Muniappan.
- Cardiovascular surgery 2006 2007, HighWire
- Cardiovascular surgery 2007 2008, HighWire
- Catheter-based cardiovascular interventions 2013, Springer
- Changing aspects in stroke surgery 2008, Springer
- Chassin's Operative strategy in colon and rectal surgery 2006, SpringerPart I. Large Intestine -- Concepts in Surgery of the Large Intestine / Danny M. Takanishi and Fabrizio Michelassi -- Right Colectomy for Cancer -- Laparoscopic Right Hemicolectomy / Steven D. Wexner and Susan M. Cera -- Left Colectomy for Cancer -- Laparoscopic Left Hemicolectomy / Steven D. Wexner -- Low Anterior Resection for Rectal Cancer -- Abdominoperineal Resection for Rectal Cancer -- Laparoscopic Abdominoperineal Resection and Total Proctocolectomy with End Ileostomy / Steven D. Wexner and Giovanna M. DaSilva -- Subtotal Colectomy with Ileoproctostomy or Ileostomy and Sigmoid Mucous Fistula -- Ileoanal Anastomosis with Ileal Reservoir Following Total Colectomy and Mucosal Proctectomy -- Abdominoperineal Protectomy for Benign Disease -- End-Ileostomy -- Loop Ileostomy -- Cecostomy -- Surgical Legacy Technique -- Transverse Colostomy -- Closure of Temporary Colostomy -- Laparoscopic Stoma Construction and Closure / Dan Enger Ruiz and Steven D. Wexner -- Operations for Colonic Diverticulitis (Including Lower Gastrointestinal Bleeding) -- Ripstein Operation for Rectal Prolapse -- Part II. Anus, Rectum, and Pilonidal Region -- Concepts in Surgery of the Anus, Rectum, and Pilonidal Region / Amanda M. Metcalf -- Rubber Band Ligation of Internal Hemorrhoids -- Hemorrhoidectomy -- Anorectal Fistula and Pelvirectal Abscess -- Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy for Chronic Anal Fissure -- Anoplasty for Anal Stenosis -- Thiersch Operation for Rectal Prolapse Surgical Legacy Technique -- Operations for Pilonidal Disease.
- Chassin's Operative strategy in esophageal surgery 2006, Springer
- Cleft lip and palate 2012, KargerEpidemiology of oral clefts 2011: an international perspective / Mossey, P.A., Modell, B. -- Genetic and environmental factors in human cleft lip and palate / Vieira, A.R. -- The mouse as a developmental model for cleft lip and palate research / Gritli-Linde, A. -- Hedgehog signalling in development of the secondary palate / Cobourne, M.T., Green, J.B.A. -- Roles of BMP signaling pathway in lip and palate development / Parada, C., Chai, Y. -- Development of the lip and palate : FGF signalling / Stanier, P., Pauws, E. -- Wnt signaling in lip and palate development / He, F., Chen, Y. -- Treatment outcome for children born with cleft lip and palate / Sandy, J., Kilpatrick, N.; Ireland, A. -- Surgical correction of cleft lip and palate / Jayaram, R., Huppa, C. -- Orthodontic treatment in the management of cleft lip and palate / Cash, A.C. -- Alveolar bone grafting / Semb, G. -- Speech and language in the patient with cleft palate / Mildinhall, S. -- Future directions : molecular approaches provide insights into palatal clefting and repair / Liu, K.J.
- Cleft lip and palate. 2nd ed. 2006, Springer
- Cleft lip and palate. Third edition. 2013, Springer
- Clinical facial analysis 2005, SpringerIntroduction-- Facial Analysis: What, Why, When, and How, p. 1-5 -- Approaching the Patient for Direct and Photographic Facial Analysis., p. 7-12 -- Lighting Techniques for Clinical Facial Photography, p. 15-21-- Views of Clinical Facial Photography, p. 23-32 -- The "Facial Points of Interest", p. 35-40 -- Basic Facial Analysis, p. 43-56 -- Forehead, Eyebows, and Eyes, p. 59-69 -- Nasal Analysis, p. 71-94 -- Lips, Teeth, Chin, and Smile Analysis, p. 97-112 -- Dentofacial Deformities, p. 115-142 -- The Aging Face, p. 145-160 -- Continuing Facial Analysis, p. 163-166 -- Exercises in Clinical Photography and Analysis, p. 167-169 -- Suggested Reading, p. 171-174 -- Surround Yourself with Experts (and Other Important Advice for a Constructive and Creative Surgical Practice), p. 175-178.
- Clinical facial analysis. 2nd ed. 2012, SpringerApproaching the Patient for Direct and Photographic Facial Analysis --Lighting Techniques for Clinical Facial Photography --Views of Clinical Facial Photography --The "Facial Points of Interest" --Basic Facial Analysis --Forehead, Eyebrows, and Eyes --Nasal Analysis --Lips, Teeth, Chin, and Smile Analysis --Dentofacial Deformities --The Aging Face --Continuing Facial Analysis Utilizing Four Images by Man Ray --Continuing Facial Analysis --Aesthetic Facial Surgery: First Consultation Notes, Essential Medical History, and Clinical Diary --Exercises in Clinical Photography and Analysis --Suggested Reading --Surround Yourself with Experts (and Other Important Advice for a Constructive and Creative Surgical Practice) --Beauty Is Composite By Edoardo Lombardi Vallauri.
- Clinical research methods for surgeons 2006, SpringerPlanning the research / Eugene Blackstone -- Ethical issues in clinical research / David F. Penson -- Budget development and staffing / Judith Fine and Peter C. Albertsen -- Non randomized interventional study designs (quasi-experimental designs) / David Axelrod, Rodney Hayward -- Randomized clinical trials of surgical procedures / Michael P. Porter -- Use of observational databases (registries) in research / Deborah P. Lubeck -- Risk adjustment / William G. Henderson and Shukri F. Khuri -- Basic statistical methods / David Etzioni, Nadia Howlader, and Ruth Etzioni -- Survival analyses / Rodney L. Dunn and John T. Wei -- Assessing the performance and validity of diagnostic tests and screening programs / David C. Miller, Rodney L. Dunn, and John T. Wei -- Secondary data analyses / Andrew Rosenberg, MaryLou VH Greenfield, and Justin B. Dimick -- Traditional outcome measures / Aruna V. Sarma, and Julie C. McLaughlin -- Health-related quality of life / Mark Litwin -- Measuring patient satisfaction / Arvin Koruthu George and Martin G. Sanda -- Quality of care / Jessica B. O'Connell and Clifford Y. Ko -- Cost-effectiveness analyses / Lynn Stothers -- Qualitative research / Donna L. Berry, Sally L. Maliski, and William J. Ellis -- Systematic reviews and meta-analyses / Timothy J. Wilt and Howard A. Fink.
- Colon and rectal surgery. 5th ed. 2005, Ovid
- Color atlas of burn reconstructive surgery 2010, Springer
- Common surgical diseases. 2nd rev. ed. 2008, Springer1. Assessing preoperative cardiac risk in patient undergoing non-cardiac surgery -- 2. Management of preoperative bleeding disorders, intraoperative coagulopathy -- 3. Preoperative nutritional assessment/intervention -- 4. Transfusion reactions -- 5. Asymptomatic carotid bruits -- 6. General operating room precautions -- Section 2: Trauma -- 7. Initial assessment & resuscitation of the trauma patient -- 8. Head trauma -- 9. Management of the difficult airway -- 10. Penetrating neck trauma -- 11. Penetrating chest trauma -- 12. Penetrating abdominal trauma -- 13. Blunt abdominal trauma -- 14. Pelvic fractures -- 15. Traumatic hematuria -- 16. Knee pain -- 17. Shoulder pain -- 18. Hip fractures -- 19. Extremity fractures -- 20. Burns -- Section 3: Vascular problems -- 21. Chronic lower extremity ischemia -- 22. The acute cold leg -- 23. Myocardial infarction -- 24. Abdominal aortic aneurysm -- Section 4: Endocrine disorders -- 25. Solitary thyroid nodule and cancer -- 26. Cushing's Syndrome -- 27. Hyperthyroidism -- 28. Hypercalcemia -- 29. Insulinoma -- 30. Zollinger Ellison Syndrome -- 31. Surgical hypertension -- Section 5: Abdomen -- 32. Acute pancreatitis -- 33. Chronic pancreatitis -- 34. Small bowel obstruction -- 35. Ischemic bowel -- 36. Crohn's disease -- 37. Ulcerative colitis -- 38. Appendicitis -- 39. Acute abdomen -- 40. Diverticulitis -- 41. Large bowel obstruction -- 42. Colon cancer -- 43. Rectal cancer -- 44. Anal cancer -- 45. Anorectal pain -- 46. Hematemesis -- 47. Lower gastrointestinal hemorrhage -- 48. Cholelithiasis, incidental and symptomatic -- 49. Jaundice -- 50. Liver mass -- 51. Peptic ulcer disease --52. Dysphagia -- 53. Rectal bleeding -- 54. Inguinal hernia -- 55. Portal hypertension -- 56. Gastroesophageal reflux -- 57. Carcinoid tumors --- 58. Indications for renal transplantation -- 59. Indications, evaluation and allocation for liver transplantation --- 60. Melanoma -- Section 6: Pediatrics -- 61. Hypertrophic pyloric stenosis -- 62. Jaundice in the pediatric patient -- 63. Pediatric abdominal masses -- 64. Esophageal atresia/tracheoesophageal fistula -- 65. Intussusception -- 66. Hirschsprung's disease -- 67. Necrotizing enterocolitis -- Section 7: Urology -- 68. Hematuria -- 69. Nephrolithiasis -- 70. Prostatism -- 71. Testicular masses -- 72. Urinary tract infections -- 73. Painful scrotum -- Section 8: Gynecology -- 74. Acute pelvic pain -- 75. Evaluation of the adnexal mass -- 76. Pelvic inflammatory diseases -- Section 9: Thoracic problems -- 77. Solitary pulmonary nodules -- 78. Pleural effusions -- 79. Acute respiratory distress syndrome -- 80. Nosocomial pneumonia -- Section 10: Breast disorders -- 81. Palpable breast mass -- 82. Abnormal mammogram -- 83. Invasive breast cancer -- 84. Nipple discharge -- 85. Breast pain -- 86. Ductal carcinoma in-situ -- Section 11: Head and neck disorders -- 87. Parotid mass -- 88. Evaluation of suspicious neck mass -- Section 12: On-call crises -- 89. Epistaxis -- 90. Diabetic ketoacidosis -- 91. Oliguria -- 92. Postoperative fever -- 93. Hypercalcemic crisis -- 94. Postoperative chest pain -- Section 13: Critical care -- 95. Management of cardiac arrhythmias -- 96. Ventilator management -- 97. Hypoxia and pulmonary embolism -- 98. Hypotension in the postoperative patient -- Cancer screening guidelines.
- Complementary fat grafting 2007, OvidAesthetics and aging : a new paradigm -- Preoperative evaluation -- Operative technique -- The postoperative period and management of complications -- Case studies.
- Complications in cutaneous surgery 2008, SpringerSection I. Acute Surgical Complications -- Preoperative Evaluation / Marcy Neuburg -- Acute Emergencies in the Dermatology Office / Darrell J. Fader -- Nerve Injury / Shawn Allen and Roberta Sengelmann -- Hemorrhagic Complications in Cutaneous Surgery / Hugh M. Gloster -- Wound Infections / Gregory John Fulchiero and Elizabeth M. Billingsley -- Prophylaxis for Wound Infections and Endocarditis / Michelle Pipitone and Hugh M. Gloster -- Dehiscence and Necrosis / Ross M. Campbell and Raymond G. Dufresne -- Section II. Chronic Surgical Complications -- Hypertrophic Scars and Keloids / A. Paul Kelly -- Free Margin Distortion / Sumaira Z. Aasi and David Leffell -- Scar Revision and Camouflage / Tri H. Nguyen -- Miscellaneous Complications / Mary E. Maloney and Nathaniel J. Jellinek -- Section III. Complications of Cosmetic Procedures -- Preoperative Cosmetic Consultation and Psychological Complications of Cosmetic Surgery / Evan C. Jones and Dee Anna Glaser -- Complications of Ablative and Nonablative Lasers and Light Sources / Elizabeth L. Tanzi and Tina S. Alster -- Complications of Dermabrasion and Chemical Peeling Procedures / Chris Harmon and Betty Davis -- Complications of Liposuction / J. Barton Sterling and C. William Hanke -- Complications of Soft Tissue Fillers / Steven C. Bernstein -- Complications of Botulinum Toxin / Deborshi Roy and Neil S. Sadick -- Complications of Sclerotherapy / Girish S. Munavalli and Robert A. Weiss -- Complications of Facelifting Procedures / Greg S. Morganroth, Hayes B. Gladstone and Isaac M. Neuhaus.
- Complications in vascular surgery. 2nd ed., rev. & expanded. 2004, CRCnetBASE
- Complications of percutaneous coronary interventions 2005, SpringerIntroduction / Samuel M. Butman -- Complications of the Medications / Paul E. Nolan and Toby C. Trujillo -- Groin Complications / Raghunandan Kamineni and Samuel M. Butman -- Complications of Plain Old Balloon Angioplasty / David P. Lee -- Coronary Guidewire Complications / Antonio J. Chamoun and Barry F. Uretsky -- Complications Related to Coronary Stenting / Samuel M. Butman -- Complications of Atherectomy Devices / Gurpreet Baweja, Ashish Pershad, Richard R. Heuser and Samuel M. Butman -- The No-Reflow Phenomenon / H. M. Omar Farouque and David P. Lee -- Early versus Late Complications / Albert W. Chan and Christopher J. White -- Complications of Radiation Exposure and Therapy / William L. Ballard -- Complications of Closure Devices / Raghunandan Kamineni and Samuel M. Butman -- Legal Complications of Percutaneous Coronary Procedures / Peter Akmajian -- Cardiac Arrest and Resuscitation During Percutaneous Coronary Interventions / Karl B. Kern and Hoang M. Thai -- Adverse Event Reporting: Physicians, Manufacturers, and the Food and Drug Administration / Eva B. Manus.
- Congenital thoracic wall deformities 2011, SpringerIntroduction -- Deformities of the anterior thoracic wall -- Diagnostics -- Aspects of indication setting for selection of individual therapy and informed consent -- Therapy -- Special techniques in the funnel chest deformity -- Special techniques in the keel chest deformity -- Special techniques in pectus arcuatum and mixed deformities -- Special aspects in females -- Special technique in the Poland syndrome -- Surgery of other congenital anomalies of the anterior thoracic wall -- Complications, special problems -- Actual technical improvements, future aspects -- Final conclusions.
- Controversies in laparoscopic surgery 2006, Springer
- Cranial, craniofacial and skull base surgery 2010, Springer
- Current consult. Surgery 2005, AccessSurgery
- Current diagnosis & treatment in otolaryngology. 3rd ed. 2012, AccessMedicineIncludes more than 400 clinical photographs and line drawings and a comprehensive radiology chapter with more than 150 images.--excerpted from p. 4 of cover.
- Current diagnosis & treatment, surgery 2010 (13th ed.), AccessSurgeryFulltext AccessMedicine
- Current therapy in oral and maxillofacial surgery 2012, ScienceDirectWritten by expert surgeons and educators, Current Therapy in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery covers the latest treatment strategies, surgical techniques, and potential complications in OMS. Emphasizing an evidence-based approach, it covers all 12 subspecialties of OMS, addressing topics from surgical principles to oral surgery, anesthesia, cranio-maxillofacial trauma surgery, head and neck surgery, maxillofacial reconstructive surgery, orthognathic surgery, pediatric craniofacial surgery including cleft lip and palate, temporomandibular joint disorders, facial plastic surgery including rhinoplasty and facelifts, obstructive sleep apnea, and oral and maxillofacial infections. At the end of each chapter, Pearls and Pitfalls summarize the authors' insight, recommendations, and experience on that topic. Editor Dr. Shahrokh Bagheri is a noted professor, researcher, and speaker on OMS, and he leads an expert author team including Dr. R. Bryan Bell and Dr. Husain Ali Khan to help you master and apply the latest advances in OMS. More than 1,200 full-color photos and 200 color line drawings illustrate concepts and provide visual guidance in clinical areas. Comprehensive sections and chapters represent essential topics, the newest advances, and controversial topics. Clinical coverage brings together the latest knowledge in OMS in a concise, easy-to-apply way. Resident-specific coverage describes the wide array of subspecialties and treatments available in the armamentarium of the modern OMS. A focus on complications ensures that you are knowledgeable in this important part of any therapy or surgical discipline. Expert contributors include the "best of the best," featuring leading, well-established, and respected surgeons and educators writing on their areas of specialty and providing current treatment strategies.
- Dawn and evolution of cardiac procedures 2013, Springer
- Diabetic foot. 3rd ed. 2012, Springer
- Difficult cases in endourology 2013, Springer
- Difficult decisions in thoracic surgery 2007, Springer
- Difficult decisions in thoracic surgery. 2nd ed. 2011, Springer
- EAES guidelines for endoscopic surgery 2006, Springer
- Ear surgery 2008, SpringerOtosclerosis Surgery Complications, p. 1-12 -- Tympanoplasty/Ossiculoplasty, p. 13-27 -- Surgery for Chronic Otitis Media, p. 29-31 -- Complications of Chronic Otitis Media, p. 33-42 -- Petrous Apex Lesions, p. 43-53 -- Cholesteatoma, p. 55-60 -- External Auditory Canal Lesions, p. 61-65 -- Spontaneous Cerebral Spinal Fluid Otorrhea, p. 67-75 -- Facial Nerve Surgery, p. 77-88 -- Surgery for Vertigo, p. 89-98 -- Tumor Surgery, p. 99-110 -- Cochlear Implant Surgery, p. 111-115 -- Differential Diagnosis of Unilateral Serous Otitis Media, p. 117-120.
- Emerging technologies in surgery 2007, Springer
- Endobronchial ultrasound 2009, Springer
- Endocrine surgery 2009, Springer
- Endocrine surgery 2004, CRCnetBASE
- Endoscopic anatomy of the third ventricle 2006, Springer
- Endoscopic extraperitoneal radical prostatectomy 2007, Springer
- Endoscopic oncology 2006, SpringerBarrett's esophagus : screening, diagnosis, and management / Glenn M. Eisen -- Endoscopic screening for squamous cell carcinoma of the esophagus / Brian C. Jacobson -- Image enhancement endoscopy / Stephan M. Wildi and Michael B. Wallace -- Staging of esophageal cancer / Jason Vollweiler and Gregory Zuccaro, Jr. -- Endoscopic therapy for early esophageal cancer and premalignant lesions in Barrett's esophagus / Granapathy A. Prasad and Kenneth K. Wang -- Endoscopic therapy for advanced esophageal cancer / Sanjay Jagannath and Marcia I. Canto -- Radiological imaging of the upper gastrointestinal tract / Marc S. Levine -- Esophageal cancer therapy : surgery, radiation, and chemotherapy / John M. Holland and Christopher A. Canning -- Premalignant lesions of the stomach / Omid A. Shaye and Andrew Ippoliti -- Gastric polyps / George A. Makar and Gregory G. Ginsberg -- Endoscopic ultrasound for staging gastric cancer / Gregory Olds and Amitabh Chak -- Endoscopic treatment for gastric cancer / Takuji Gotoda and Roy M. Soetikno -- Diagnosis and management of gastrointestinal lymphoma / John G. Kuldau, Peter R. Holman, and Thomas J. Savides -- Gastrointestinal stromal tumors / Raquel E. Davila -- Carcinoid tumors / Wilscott E. Naugler and Gordon C. Hunt -- Medical and surgical therapy for gastric cancer / Diane Hershock -- Colorectal cancer screening / Jason A. Dominitz and William M. Grady --Polyposis and familial cancer syndromes / Fernando S. Velayos, Madhulika G. Varma, and Jonathan P. Terdiman -- Endoscopic colon surveillance : post-polypectomy, post-colorectal cancer resection, and inflammatory bowel disease / Douglas B. Nelson and Mandeep S. Sawhney -- Endoscopic ultrasound for staging rectal and anal cancer / Deepak V. Gopal -- Endoscopic therapy of colorectal carcinoma / Vaman Jakribettuu and Yang K. Chen -- Radiological imaging of the lower gastrointestinal tract / Steven E. Rubesin -- Current status of colorectal cancer therapy / John Strother ... [et al.] -- Cystic neoplasms of the pancreas / William R. Brugge -- Diagnosis and evaluation of pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma / Kenneth H. Yu and Nuzhat A. Ahmad -- Adenocarcinoma of the pancreas : endoscopic palliation / Georgios I. Papachristou, Kevin McGrath, and Adam Slivka -- Pancreatic neuroendocrine tumors / Erik-Jan Wamsteker and James M. Scheiman -- Endoscopic diagnosis and management of cholangiocarcinoma / Vanessa M. Shami and Irving Waxman -- Ampullary neoplasia / Ian D. Norton -- Magnetic resonance imaging of neoplasms of the pancreatobiliary system / Evan S. Siegelman and Wendy C. Hsu -- Medical and surgical therapy of pancreatic cancer / Weijing Sun, Jon Morris, and Jeffrey Drebin -- Endoscopic ultrasound for thoracic disease / Timothy Woodward, Massimo Raimondo, and Michael B. Wallace.
- Endoscopic surgery in infants and children 2008, Springer
- Endoscopic surgery of the potential anatomical spaces 2005, Springer
- Endourological management of urogenital carcinoma 2006, Springer
- Endovascular aneurysm repair 2005, Springer
- Essential urologic laparoscopy. 2nd ed. 2010, SpringerGetting started in laparascopy -- Laparoscopic instrumentation -- Laparoscopic access -- Laparoscopic and robotic pelvic lymphadenectomy -- Laparoscopic renal cyst decorticadtion -- Laparoscopic simple nephrectomy -- Laparoscopic readical nephrectomy: transperitoneal approach -- Laparoscopic radical nephrectomy -- Laparoscopic partial nephrectomy -- Laparoscopic nephroureterectomy -- Laparoscopic live donor nephrectomy -- Laparoscopic and robotic pyeloplasty -- Laparoscopic adrenalectomy -- Laparoscopic retroperitoneal lymph node dissection for nonseminomatous germ cell tumors -- Laparoscopic cystectomy and urinary diversion -- Laparoscopic radical cystectomy and urinary diversion with handport assistance -- Laparoscopic and robotic-assisted laparoscopic radical prostatectomy -- Complications of laparoscopic urologic surgery -- Laparoscopic renal ablation.
- Female pelvic medicine and reconstructive pelvic surgery 2003, Springer
- Fischer's Mastery of surgery. 6th ed. 2012, Ovid"The scope of Fischer's Mastery of Surgery, Sixth Edition, is consistent with the broad training of a general surgeon, providing extensive coverage of vascular surgery as well as of common thoracic, breast, esophageal, endocrine, colorectal, gastric, pancreatic, liver, and biliary procedures. Each procedural chapter reviews the essentials of diagnosis, anatomy, and pre-operative planning, but focuses most heavily on step-by-step depictions and descriptions of procedures. Each chapter concludes, as is traditional for this classic text, with an editorial commentary which strives to put the chapter in a broad context and provide helpful critiques of the most recent literature. The sixth edition will include a dozen new chapters, including endovascular treatment of varicose veins, fasciotomy, and thoracic aortic transaction. The vascular section has been completely reorganized and will incorporate both open and endovascular procedures. For the first time, the sixth edition is in full color."--Provided by publisher.
- Forefoot reconstruction. 2nd ed. 2005, Springer
- Front line surgery 2011, Springer
- Fundamentals of pediatric surgery 2011, Springer
- Fundamentals of surgical simulation 2012, Springer
- A brief history of arteriovenous malformation radiosurgery / A. Niranjan, L.D. Lunsford -- Natural history of cerebral arteriovenous malformations and the risk of hemorrhage after radiosurgery / C.-P. Yen, D. Schlesinger, J.P. Sheehan -- The technical evolution of gamma knife radiosurgery for arteriovenous malformations / L.D. Lunsford ... [et al.] -- Targeting and conformality in arteriovenous malformation radiosurgery / I. Paddick, E. Motti -- Dose selection in stereotactic radiosurgery / J.C. Flickinger ... [et al.] -- Development and testing of a radiosurgery-based arteriovenous malformation grading system B.E. Pollock -- Radiosurgery for brainstem arteriovenous malformation / K. Maruyama ... [et al.] -- Multistaged volumetric management of large arteriovenous malformations / H. Kano -- Endovascular embolization in combination with radiosurgery for treatment of arteriovenous malformations / R.A. Miller, B. Jankowitz -- Stereotactic radiosurgery after embolization for arteriovenous malformations / H. Kano -- Long-term side effects of radiosurgery for arteriovenous malformations / M. Yamamoto, T. Kawabe, B.E. Barfod -- Management of adverse radiatio effects after radiosurgery for arteriovenous malformations / E.A. Monaco -- Morphological observations in brain arteriovenous malformations after gamma knife radiosurgery / G.T. Szeifert -- Stereotactic radiosurgery guideline for the management of patients with intracranial arteriovenous malformations / A. Niranjan, L.D. Lunsford -- Cavernous malformations and hemorrhage risk / D. Kondziolka, E.A. Monaco, III, L.D. Lunsford -- Radiosurgery of brain cavernomas : long-term results / R. Liscak -- Radiosurgical treatment for epilepsy associated with cavernomas / M. Lévêque -- Stereotactic radiosurgery guidelines for the management of patients with intracranial cavernous malformations / A. Niranjan, L.D. Lunsford -- Intracranial dural arteriovenous fistulas : natural history and rationale for treatment with stereotactic radiosurgery / D.H.-C. Pan ... [et al.] -- Stereotactic radiosurgery with or without embolization for intracranial dural arteriovenous fistulas / H. Yang -- Dural arteriovenous fistulas and the role of gamma knife stereotactic radiosurgery : the Stockholm experience / M. Söderman, E. Dodoo, B. Karlsson -- Stereotactic radiosurgery guidelines for the management of patients with intracranial dural arteriovenous fistulas / A. Niranjan, L.D. Lunsford.
- Gender and recovery from coronary artery bypass surgery 2009, Springer
- General thoracic surgery. 6th ed. 2005, Ovid
- General thoracic surgery. 7th ed. 2009, OvidAnatomy of the chest thorax -- Embryology of the lungs -- Ultrastructure and morphometry of the human lung -- Cellular and molecular biology of the lung -- Surgical anatomy of the lungs -- Lymphatics of the lungs -- Pulmonary gas exchange -- Mechanics of breathing -- Radiographic evaluation of the lungs and chest -- Computed tomography of the lungs, pleura, and chest wall -- Magnetic resonance imaging of the thorax -- Positron emission tomography in chest diseases -- Radionuclide studies of the lung -- Ultrasound techniques in mediastinal, lung, and esophageal disease -- Laboratory investigations in the diagnosis of pulmonary diseases -- Diagnostic studies in lung cancer -- Bronchoscopic evaluation of the lungs and tracheobronchial tree -- Invasive diagnostic procedures -- Video-assisted thoracic surgery as a diagnostic tool -- Pulmonary physiologic assessment of operative risk -- Preoperative cardiac evaluation of the thoracic surgical patient -- Conduct of anesthesia -- The shared airway: management of the paitent with airway pathology -- Anesthesia for pediatric general thoracic surgery -- Thoracic incisions -- General features of pulmonary resections -- Thoracic surgery in the elderly -- Technical aspects of lobectomy -- Sleeve lobectomy -- Pneumonectomy and its modifications -- Tracheal sleeve pneumonectomy -- Segmentectomy and lesser pulmonary resections -- Instruments and techniques of video-assisted thoracic surgery -- Robotic-assisted surgery in thoracic diseases -- Video-assisted thoracic surgery for wedge resection, lobectomy, and pneumonectomy -- Median sternotomy and parasternal approaches to the lower trachea and mainstem bronchi -- Concomitant cardiac and pulmonary operations -- Anterior approach to superior sulcus lesions -- Complications of pulmonary resection -- Management of perioperative cardiac events -- General principles of postoperative care -- Mechanical ventilation of the surgical patient -- Chest wall deformities -- Lung hernias of the chest wall -- Infections of the chest wall -- Thoracic outlet syndrome (with transaxillary, supraclavicular, posterior, and VATS approaches) -- Thoracoscopic sympathectomy -- Anterior transthoracic approaches to the spine -- Chest wall tumors -- Chest wall reconstruction --Embryology and anatomy of the diaphragm -- Pacing of the diaphragm -- Congenital posterolateral diaphragmatic hernias and other less common hernias of the diaphragm in infants and children -- Foramen of morgagni hernia -- Tumors of the diaphragm -- Anatomy of the pleura -- Resorption of gases from the pleural space -- Pneumothorax -- Physiology of pleural fluid production -- Benign pleural effusion -- Parapneumonic empyema -- Postsurgical empyema -- Tuberculous and fungal infections of the pleura -- Fibrothorax and decortication of the lung -- Thoracoplasty: indications and surgical considerations -- Anatomy of the thoracic duct and chylothorax -- Localized fibrous tumors of the pleura -- Diffuse malignant mesothelioma -- Technique of extrapleural pneumonectomy for diffuse malignant pleural mesothelioma -- Uncommon tumors of the pleura -- Malignant pleural effusions -- Malignant pericardial effusions -- Blunt and penetrating injuries of the chest wall, pleura, and lungs -- Barotrauma and inhalation injuries -- Acute respiratory distress syndrome -- Management of foreign bodies of the airway -- Diaphragmatic injuries -- Tracheostomy -- Surgical anatomy of the trachea and techniques of resection and reconstruction -- Management of nonneoplastic diseases of the trachea -- Benign and malignant tumors of the trachea -- Compression of the trachea by vascular rings -- Congenital lesions of the lung -- Pulmonary complications of cystic fibrosis -- Congenital vascular lesions of the lungs -- Chronic pulmonary emboli -- Bullous and bleb diseases of the lung -- Lung volume reduction -- Bacterial infections of the lungs and bronchial compressive disorders -- Pulmonary tuberculosis and other mycobacterial diseases of the lung -- Surgery for the management of mycobacterium tuberculosis and nontuberculous mycobacterial (environmental) infections of the lung -- Mycotic and actinomycetic infections of the lung -- Pleuropulmonary amebiasis -- Hydatied disease of the lung -- Pulmonary paragonimiasis and its surgical complications -- Solitary pulmonary nodule -- Diffuse lung disease -- Lung transplantation -- Evidence-based thoracic surgery -- Clinical trial design --Lung cancer: epidemiology and carcinogenesis -- Screening for lung cancer: challenges for thoracic surgery -- Investigation and management of the nodules less than one centimeter in size -- Pathology of carcinoma of the lung -- The sentinel lymph node in non-small-cell carcinoma of the lung -- Present concepts in the molecular biology of lung cancer -- Clinical presentation of lung cancer -- Radiologic evaluation of lung cancer -- Diagnosis and staging of lung cancer -- Surgical treatment of non-small-cell lung cancer -- Lymph node dissection for lung cancer -- Unknown primary malignancy metastatic to thoracic lymph nodes -- Endoluminal management of malignant airway disease -- Basic principles of radiation therapy in locally advanced carcinoma of the lung -- Radiation therapy for carcinoma of the lung -- Adjuvant chemotherapy for non-small-cell lung cancer -- Neoadjuvant therapy for non-small-cell lung cancer -- Novel systemic therapy for advanced non-small-cell lung cancer -- Emerging technologies and techniques for the management of non-small-cell lung cancer -- Small-cell lung cancer -- Novel strategies for lung cancer immunotherapy -- Carcinoid tumors -- Adenoid cystic carcinoma and other primary salivary gland-type tumors of the lung -- Benign tumors of the lung -- Uncommon primary malignant tumors of the lung -- Secondary tumors of the lung -- Lung tumors in the immunocompromised host -- Embryology of the esophagus -- Anatomy of the esophagus -- Lymphatic drainage of the esophagus -- Physiology and physiologic studies of the esophagus -- Esophageal pH studies in esophageal disease -- Radiologic evaluation of the esophagus -- Endoscopy of the esophagus -- Modified heller myotomy -- Transthoracic resection of the esophagus -- Extended resection for esophageal carcinoma -- Transhiatal esophagectomy without thoracotomy -- Vagal-sparing esophagectomy -- Video-assisted esophageal resection -- Replacement of the esophagus with colon -- Replacement of the esophagus with jejunum -- Free intestinal transfer techniques in reconstruction of the esophagus -- Esophageal stents -- Foreign bodies in the esophagus -- Esophageal trauma -- Congenital anomalies of the esophagus -- Inflammatory diseases of the esophagus -- Esophageal motility disorders -- Chagas' disease of the esophagus --Surgical therapy for gastroesophageal reflux disease -- Barrett's esophagus -- Esophageal endoscopic procedures in thoracic surgery -- Cardial incompetence and associated gastroesophageal reflux -- Paraesophageal hiatal hernia -- Esophageal diverticula -- Benign tumors, cysts, and duplications of the esophagus -- Carcinoma of the esophagus -- Appendix: 2009 AJCC/UICC staging of esophageal cancer -- Multimodality therapy for esophageal cancer -- Surgical palliation of inoperable carcinoma of the esophagus -- Less common malignant tumors of the esophagus -- The mediastinum, its compartments, and the mediastinal lymph nodes -- The thymus -- Mediastinal parathyroids -- Neurogenic structures of the mediastinum -- Radiographic, computed tomographic, and magnetic resonance investigation of the mediastinum -- Radionuclide studies of the mediastinum -- Mediastinal tumor markers -- Transcervical mediastinal lymph node sampling and lymphadenectomy -- Sternotomy and thoracotomy for mediastinal disease -- Video-assisted thoracic surgery for diseases within the mediastinum -- Primary pneumomediastinum -- Acute and chronic mediastinal infections -- Primary mediastinal tumors and cysts and diagnostic investigation of mediastinal masses -- Lesions masquerading as primary mediastinal tumors or cysts -- Vascular masses of the mediastinum -- Superior vena cava syndrome: clinical features, diagnosis, and treatment -- Vein grafts for the superior vena cava -- The use of prosthetic grafts to replace the superior vena cava -- Myasthenia gravis -- Pathophysiology of myasthenia gravis -- Standard thymectomy -- Transcervical thymectomy -- Video-assisted thymectomy -- Extended transsternal thymectomy -- Transcervical-transsternal maximal thymectomy for myasthenia gravis -- Evaluation of results of thymectomy for nonthymomatous myasthenia gravis -- Thymic tumors -- Benign lymph node disease involving the mediastinum -- Biological markers and pathology of mediastinal lymphomas -- Diagnosis and treatment of mediastinal lymphomas -- Benign germ cell tumors of the mediastinum -- Primary seminomas of the mediastinum -- Nonseminomatous malignant germ cell tumors of the mediastinum -- Poorly differentiated carcinoma of the mediastinum -- Benign and malignant neurogenic tumors of the mediastinum in children and adults -- Excision of hourglass tumors of the paravertebral sulcus -- Mediastinal paragangliomas and pheochromocytomas -- Mesenchymal tumors of the mediastinum -- Mediastinal parathyroid tumors -- Foregut cysts of the mediastinum in infants and children -- Foregut cysts of the mediastinum -- Gastroenteric cysts and neuroenteric cysts in infants and children -- Mesothelial and other less common cysts of the mediastinum.
- Genetics for surgeons 2005, NCBI Bookshelf
- Glissonean pedicle transection method for hepatic resection 2007, Springer
- Grabb and Smith's Plastic surgery. 6th ed. 2007, Ovid
- Grabb's Encyclopedia of flaps. 3rd ed. 2009, Ovidv. 1. Head and neck -- v. 2. Upper extremities -- v. 3. Torso, pelvis, and lower extremities.
- Greenfield's Surgery. 5th ed. 2011, Ovid"The Fifth Edition of Greenfield's Surgery has been thoroughly revised, updated, and refocused to conform to changes in surgical education and practice. Reflecting the increasingly clinical emphasis of residency programs, this edition features expanded coverage of clinical material and increased use of clinical algorithms. Key Points open each chapter, and icons in the text indicate where Key Points are fully discussed. Many of the black-and-white images from the previous edition have been replaced by full-color images"--Provided by publisher.
- Guide to peripheral and cerebrovascular intervention 2004, NCBI Bookshelf
- Haemostasis in spine surgery 2005, Springer
- Hair restoration surgery in Asians 2010, Springer
- Handbook of pediatric surgery 2010, SpringerMilestones in pediatric surgery -- Fluids, electrolytes, and dehydration -- Metabolic response to injury and sepsis -- Shock -- Parenteral nutrition -- Hematology for surgeons -- Postoperative problems -- Neonatal physiology and care -- Fetal surgery: general principles -- Diaphragmatic hernia -- Esophageal atresia -- Pyloric stenosis -- Malrotation -- Intestinal atresia -- Necrotizing entercolitis -- Meconium ileus -- Hirschsprung's disease -- Anorectal malformations -- Abdominal wall defects -- Surgical neck pathology -- Developmental lung anomalies -- Gastro-esophageal reflux -- Gastrointestinal bleeding -- Acute abdomen -- Intussusception -- Appendicitis -- Rare causes of abdominal pain -- Crohn's disease -- Ulcerative colitis -- Short bowel syndrome -- Intestinal transplantation -- Vascular malformations -- Inguinal hernias and hydroceles -- The acute scrotum -- The undescended testes -- Miscellaneous problems of the male genitalia -- Miscellaneous surgical issues -- Basic pediatric laparoscopy and thoracoscopy -- Urinary tract infection -- The ureter -- Vesico-ureteric reflux -- Neurogenic bladder -- Posterior urethral valves -- Hypospadias -- Bladder exstrophy, epispadias, and cloacal exstrophy -- Disorders of sex development -- Investigation of jaundice -- Biliary atresia -- Choledochal malformations -- Gallbladder disease -- Portal hypertension -- Pancreatic disease -- Liver transplantation -- Wilms' tumor -- Liver tumors -- Neuroblastoma -- Teratomas -- Miscellaneous tumors -- Trauma management: general principles -- Abdominal trauma -- Thoracic trauma -- Basic brain injury -- Spina bifida -- Hydrocephalus.; Appendices: Reference weights and heights -- Anatomical reference -- Human developmental milestones.
- ABC of pediatric surgical imaging ......
- — Handbook of pediatric surgery ..........
- Head & neck surgery--otolaryngology. ...
- — Schwartz's Principles of surgery. 9th...
- Schwartz's Principles of surgery. Sel...
- — Zollinger's Atlas of surgical operati...
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- AAP Red Book Online
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Sabiston Textbook of Surgery
- Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics
- Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics
- Mandell, Douglas, & Bennett's Principles & Practice of Infectious Diseases
- Red Book Online
- ICU Book
- Primary Care Medicine
- Campbell-Walsh Urology
Shortcut to Licensed Content
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Links” (IE7) or “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
Shortcut for iPhone
What is it?
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) gives you access to resources licensed by the library even when you're not coming from a Lane or a Stanford IP address.
While we'd like Lane to be your gateway to our licensed content, we recognize that links to books, articles and journals come from a variety of different sources (Google, your email, RSS reader, etc.).
When installed, it will look your browser bookmark.
At the page you would like to proxy, click the "Lane Gateway to Licensed Content" to invoke it.
If Lane licenses that content, you'll get access as if you were on campus.
How does it work?
This allows you to view the URL as though you were on campus, giving you access to materials licensed for use by the Stanford academic community.
If you're not authenticated, you'll be prompted for your SUNetID and password.
Don't see the Toolbar, Bookmarks, or Links or Favorites bar?
From the "View" menu, select "Toolbars" & choose "Bookmarks Toolbar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Show Bookmarks Bar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Always Show Bookmarks Bar"
- Right-click in a clear area near the browser address bar
- In the menu, check a box next "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites" (IE8, IE9)
- Managing IE Favorites
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) only works with resources Lane has licensed and configured to work with our proxy server.
If invoked on a resource we do not license and/or have not yet configured, you will see an error message:
The Lane proxy server cannot complete your request because this host has not been configured properly.
We make no attempt to configure our proxy server for every resource, only those we license and for which a Stanford IP address grants access.
Drag this button onto your browser toolbar to install.
- Right click this button
- Select "Add to Favorites", click "Continue" if you see a security alert
- In "Create in" menu, select "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites Bar" (IE8, IE9) to install
Drag this button onto Safari Bookmarks bar to install.
Can't find it?
- Springer Protocols
- MD Consult
- Lange Series
- National Academy Press
- NCBI Bookshelf
- Thieme Atlases
Editor: Jianfang, Zhang
Translated & Donated by Muoi Arnold and Keith Arnold former Stanford faculty