Books by Subject
- 100 cases in surgery. Second edition [2nd ed.] — Cranial, craniofacial and skull base surgery (142)
- Current diagnosis & treatment in otolaryngology head & neck surgery. 3rd ed. — Medicine & surgery an integrated textbook (142)
- Microskin grafting for vitiligo — Robotics in genito-urinary surgery (142)
- Rosai and Ackerman's Surgical pathology. 10th ed. — Zollinger's Atlas of surgical operations Robert M. Zollinger Jr., E. Christopher Ellison ; illustrations ... by Marita Bitans and Jennifer Smith.. 9th ed. (142)
SurgeryAccess restricted to Stanford unless otherwise noted
- Microskin grafting for vitiligo 2009, Springer
- Microsurgery for fertility specialists a practical text 2013, SpringerMale Infertility Microsurgical Training /Philip S. Li, Ranjith Ramasamy and Marc Goldstein --Microsurgery Training: What Should a Resident Know? Should All Microsurgeons be Fellowship Trained? /Ethan Grober and Peter N. Kolettis --Microsurgical Subinguinal Varix Ligation: Techniques and Technical Pearls /Joshua A. Bodie and Jay I. Sandlow --Vasovasostomy Techniques for Microsurgery Specialists /Kalen Rimar, Landon Trost and Robert E. Brannigan --Epididymovasostomy: Tips and Tricks of the Trade /James F. Smith and Ajay K. Nangia --Sperm Retrieval Techniques in Obstructive Azoospermia: MESA, PESA, and TESA /Anand Shridharani and Jay I. Sandlow --Microsurgical Testicular Sperm Extraction: Technical Considerations /Peter N. Schlegel --Noninfertility Scrotal Microsurgery /Akanksha Mehta and Marc Goldstein --Testis-Sparing Surgery for Testicular Masses /Oleksandr Stakhovskyi and Michael A. S. Jewett --Robotic Microsurgery for Male Infertility /Sijo J. Parekattil, Ahmet Gudeloglu and Jamin V. Brahmbhatt --The Role of Microsurgical Reconstruction in the Era of ICSI /Karen Baker and Edmund Sabanegh Jr --Tubal Microsurgery /Jeffrey M. Goldberg and Tommaso Falcone --Microsurgical Penile Revascularization, Replantation, and Reconstruction /Jeffrey Lee Rosenblum and Arthur L. Burnett.
- Middle ear surgery 2006, Springer
- Mini-invasive surgery of the hip 2014, SpringerIn recent years, mini-invasive surgery has become increasingly important for reducing the risk of infection and minimizing blood loss and volume of implants. Hip surgery requires small incisions, which make the use of the appropriate equipment and an extensive knowledge of the anatomy of the region essential. Mini-invasive surgery requires the surgeon to consider the indications for surgery for each patient he treats and to know the exact loco-regional anatomy for that patient. Methods must be very precise and warrant visual explanations to help teach young surgeons.
- "Minimally Invasive and Robotic Thyroid and Parathyroid Surgery is the first textbook which includes a comprehensive review of both minimally invasive and robotic thyroid and parathyroid techniques. Over the last several years there has been a rapid expansion in the number of different surgical approaches available to patients undergoing thyroid and parathyroid surgery. This book consolidates these in one source and focuses on both the philosophy and techniques of these procedures. For thyroid surgery, the text covers the full range of minimally invasive procedures and several of the most widely adopted remote access techniques. Several related procedures are also discussed, including minimally invasive approaches to central and lateral neck dissection. For parathyroid surgery, several minimally invasive techniques are covered, including radioguided surgery. Written by experts in the field of thyroid and parathyroid surgery, Minimally Invasive and Robotic Thyroid and Parathyroid Surgery serves as a critical resource for both experienced and less experience surgeons, fellows, residents, and students interested in understanding the breadth of this field or learning the specific steps of a particular technique."--Publisher's website.
- Minimally invasive cancer management. 2nd ed. 2010, SpringerAs minimal access approaches to cancer diagnosis, staging, and therapy become more widely used, it is vital for general surgeons, along with laparoscopists, surgical oncologists and medical oncologists, to stay up to date. The editors, a team consisting of a renowned surgical oncologist and a laparoscopic specialist, aim to provide a resource for the practicing general surgeon using basic minimally invasive techniques. The book discusses diagnosis including biopsy with microinstrumentation, staging, and palliative and curative resection. Specific tumor sites are addressed, including esophagus, stomach, spleen, small bowel, pancreato-biliary, hepatic resection, and colo-rectal resection. Minimally invasive approaches to the thoracic and retroperitoneal areas are included. The book provides a thorough overview of basic cancer biology, instrumentation, and ultrasound. Additionally, Greene and Heniford explore controversial issues such as port-site recurrence and the effect of pneumoperitoneum on the spread of cancer cells in the abdomen. Many photographs and line drawings, including 16 in full color, illustrate the principles discussed in the text. A must-have for every practicing general surgeon, laparoscopic fellow, and general surgery resident.
- Minimally invasive forefoot surgery in clinical practice 2013, SpringerMinimally Invasive Forefoot Surgery in Clinical Practice describes a number of the better established and accepted minimally invasive surgical correction techniques for forefoot problems, and is aimed at junior and general orthopedic surgeons who require a useful easy reference for these procedures.The concise written text is complemented by a generous assortment of useful photos, diagrams, and imaging studies.
- Minimally invasive spine surgery a surgical manual. 2nd [completely rev. and expanded] ed. 2006, SpringerA minimally invasive open approach for reconstruction of the anterior column of the thoracic and lumbar spine / B. Knowles ... [et al.] -- Percutaneous vertebroplasty in osteoporotic vertebral fractures / G.M. Hess, H.M. Mayer -- Microsurgical open vertebroplasty and kyphoplasty / B.M. Boszczyk ... [et al.] -- Percutaneous kyphoplasty in traumatic fractures / G. Maestretti, P. Otten -- Lumbar spine. Low back pain. Inteventional and semi-invasive procedures for low back pain and disc herniation / M.K. Schäufele -- Disc. Intradiscal electrothermal therapy / J. Saal -- Microtherapy in low back pain / A.T. Yeung, C.A. Yeung -- Principles of microsurgical discectomy in lumbar disc herniations / H.M. Mayer -- The microsurgical interlaminar, paramedian approach / H.M. Mayer -- The translaminar approach / L. Papavero --General. Minimally invasive spine surgery / H.M. Mayer -- Technological advances of surgical microscopes for spine surgery / W. Rulffes -- Spinal microsurgery: a short introduction / H.M. Mayer -- Microsurgical instruments / A. Korge -- Operating room setup and handling of surgical microscopes / K. Wiechert -- Computer-assisted minimally invasive spine surgery - state of the art / F. Langlotz, L.P. Nolte -- Cervical spine. Odontoid. Technique of transoral odontoidectomy / P.J. Apostolides ... [et al.] -- Microsurgical treatment of odontoid fractures / P. Klimo Jr., G. Rao, R.I. Apfelbaum -- Disc surgery/decompression. Microsurgery of the cervical spine: the anterior approach / L. Papavero -- Anterior cervical foraminotomy (microsurgical and endoscopic) / W.F. saringer -- Functional segmental reconstruction with the Bryan cervical disc prosthesis / J. Goffin -- Microsurgical total cervical disc replacement / H.M. Mayer -- Microsurgical posterior approaches to the cervical spine / P.H. Young, J.P. Young, J.C. Young --Microsurgical C1 - 1 stabilization / D. Fassett, R.I. Apfelbaum -- Thoracic/thoracolumbar spine. General techniques. Microsurgical anterior approach to T5 - 10 (Mini-TTA) / H.M. Mayer -- Microsurgical anterior approach to the thoracolumbar junction / H.M. Mayer -- Anatomic principles of thoracoscopic spine surgery / U. Liljenqvist -- Principles of endoscopic techniques to the thoracic and lumbar spine / G.M. McCullen, A.A. Criscitiello, H.A. Yuan -- Biomechanical requirements in minimally invasive spinal fracture treatment / M. Schultheiss ... [et al.] -- Deformities. Thoracoscopic approaches in spinal deformities and trauma / M. Dufoo-Olvera -- Thoracoscopic techniques in spinal deformities / D. Sucato -- Mini-open endoscopic excision of hemivertebrae / R. Stücker -- Fractures. Thoracoscopically assisted anterior approach to thoracolumbar fractures / R. Beisse --Spinal stenosis. Microsurgical decompresssion of acquired (degenerative) central and lateral spinal canal stenosis / H.M. Mayer -- Fusion. Microsurgical anterior lumbar interbody fusion (Mini-ALIF): the lateral retroperitoneal approach to L2/3, L3/4, and L4/5 / H.M. Mayer -- Microsurgical anterior lumbar interbody fusion (Mini-ALIF): the transperitoneal approach to L5/S1 / H.M. Mayer -- Minimally invasive 360° lumbar fusion / M. Aebi -- The anterior extraperitoneal video-assisted approach to the lumbar spine / M. Onimus, H. Chataigner -- Dynamic stabilization. Minimally invasive dynamic stabilization of the lumbar motion segment with an interspinous implant / J. Sénégas -- Technical and anatomical considerations for the placement of a posterior interspinous stabilizer / J. Taylor, S. Ritland -- Elastic microsurgical stabilization with a posterior shock absorber / S. Caserta, G.A. La Maida, B. Misaggi.The lateral, extraforaminal approach / L. Papavera -- Transforaminal endoscopic discectomy / J. Krugluger -- Microscopically assisted percutaneous technique as a minimally invasive approach to the posterior spine / R. Greiner-Perth, H. Boehm, E. El Saghir -- Arthroscopic and endoscopic spine surgery via a posterolateral approach / P. Kambin -- The full-endoscopic interlaminar approach for lumbar disc herniations / S. Ruetten -- Outpatient microsurgical lumbar discectomy and microde-compression laminoplasty / R.S. Biscup, V. Podichetty -- Disc reconstruction. Nucleus reconstruction by autologous chondrocyte transplantation / H.-J. Meisel, T. Ganey -- Autologous disc chondrocyte transplantation / F. Grochulla, H.M. Mayer, A. Korge -- The ALPA approach for minimally invasive nucleus pulposus replacement / R. Bertagnoli -- Mini-open midline accesses for lumbar total disc replacement / H.M. Mayer --
- Minimally Invasive Surgery for Achilles Tendon Disorders in Clinical Practice is a collection of procedures presented by experts and pioneers in foot and ankle surgery who share an interest in developing less invasive methods of treating disorders of the foot and ankle. The rate of complications of traditional surgery is extremely high: in the management of tendinopathy, traditional techniques result in 10% of patients experiencing a complication related to skin healing. It is therefore not surprising that less invasive techniques have been advocated.This book will serve as an excellent pocket reference when repairing disorders of the Achilles and aimed general orthopedic surgeons and specialist who require a useful easy reference for these procedures.
- Minimally invasive surgery of the foot and ankle 2011, SpringerMinimally invasive foot surgery: a paradigm shift -- Computer-assisted surgery (CAS) in foot and ankle surgery -- Tendoscopy -- Arthroscopy of the first metatarsophalangeal joint -- Minimally invasive management of hallux rigidus -- Percutaneous first metatarso-phalangeal joint fusion -- The Reverdin-Isham procedure for the correction of hallux valgus: a distal metatarsal osteotomy procedure using minimal invasive technique -- Arthroscopic assisted correction of hallux valgus deformity -- Minimally invasive hallux valgus correction -- Minimally invasive modified Wilson osteotomy for the treatment of hallux valgus -- Percutaneous surgery for static metatarsalgia -- Percutaneous treatment of static metatarsalgia with distal metatarsal mini-invasive osteotomy -- Isham hammertoe procedures for the correction of lesser digital deformities -- Minimally invasive management of dorsiflexion contracture at the metatarsophalangeal joint and plantarflexion contracture at the proximal interphalangeal joint of the fifth toe -- Arthroscopic assisted correction of lesser toe deformity -- Percutaneous fixation of proximal fifth metatarsal fractures -- Minimally invasive realignment surgery of the charcot foot -- Arthroscopic triple arthrodesis -- Percutaneous calcaneal displacement osteotomy -- Tendoscopy of the flexor halluces longus tendon -- Open reduction and internal fixation of calcaneal fractures through a combined medial and lateral approach using a small incision technique -- Endoscopic plantar fasciotomy -- Arthroscopic Os trigonum excision -- Endoscopic calcaneoplasty -- Postero-medial approach in the supine position for posterior ankle endoscopy -- Ankle equinus and endoscopic gastrocnemius recession -- Athroscopic arthrodesis of the ankle -- Percutaneous osteosynthesis of distal tibial fractures using locking plates -- Percutaneous supramalleolar osteotomy using the Ilizarov/Taylor spatial frame -- Minimally invasive management of syndesmotic injuries -- Endoscopic assisted percutaneous Achilles tendon repair -- Percutaneous repair of acute Achilles tendon ruptures -- Minimally invasive semitendinosus tendon graft augmentation for reconstruction of chronic tears of the Achilles tendon -- Minimally invasive Achilles tendon reconstruction using the peroneus brevis tendon graft -- Free hamstrings tendon transfer and interference screw fixation for less invasive reconstruction of chronic avulsions of the Achilles tendon -- Percutaneous longitudinal tenotomies for chronic Achilles tendinopathy -- Minimally invasive stripping for chronic Achilles tendinopathy.
- Minimally invasive surgery of the liver 2013, SpringerThe treatment of liver diseases comprises a significant component of the practice of any general surgeon, whether working in an academic, a general, or a community hospital. With the rapid expansion in knowledge and technology, the liver has also been approached laparoscopically in specialized centers, with well-recognized advantages for patients. This book aims to communicate the large body of experience that has now been accumulated in minimally invasive liver surgery, with comprehensive and up-to-date information on the newest techniques. After a concise description of the main tools and technology necessary to carry out safe laparoscopic and/or robot-assisted liver surgery, individual operative techniques are explained and illustrated. Each chapter includes introductory information, a summary of indications and contraindications, and a detailed description of surgical procedure, including potential complications of both the surgery and the postoperative care. Special efforts have been taken to ensure that the illustrations are accurate and informative. The text is supplemented by a DVD of different procedures as performed by leading European liver surgeons.
- Minimally invasive surgery of the lumbar spine 2014, SpringerMinimally invasive procedures are increasingly utilized and are replacing open surgery to reduce scarring and pain, enhance patient recovery, and minimize cost. This guide provides step-by-step guidance, expert instruction, and detailed illustration of the most recent minimally invasive orthopedic spine procedures. With a variety of chapters covering critical developments in the field including the utilization of biologic materials, image-guided surgery, and bone fusion, this guide delves into discussions of indications, methods for preoperative planning, complication avoidance strategies.
- The past 20 years have witnessed an extraordinarily rapid adoption of minimally invasive surgical techniques, and increasingly these techniques are being employed in the diagnosis and treatment of a wide range of malignancies. This book is designed to serve as a unique and comprehensive overview of the current status of minimally invasive surgery in oncology patients and in addition offers valuable insights into the future of this constantly evolving field. The first section of the book is devoted to essential background information and to explaining what is physiologically distinctive in the cancer patient undergoing laparoscopic surgery. The second section then examines in detail a wide range of clinical aspects and issues across different disciplines, with clear instruction on the use of minimally invasive procedures. The aim is to enable the reader to make treatment decisions appropriate to the individual patient, to carry them out effectively, and to institute suitable postoperative care. Summaries of the latest knowledge in traditional therapies such as chemotherapy are also provided when appropriate. Each chapter is written by a recognized expert, and numerous high-quality illustrations are included to assist understanding. This book will serve both as a clinical reference guide and as an operative atlas, and is certain to prove invaluable in daily clinical practice.
- Part I. Minimally invasive thoracic surgery, general -- Part II. Minimally invasive thoracic surgery, the lung -- Part III. Minimally invasive thoracic surgery, the pleura -- Part IV. Minimally invasive thoracic surgery, the mediastinum -- Part V. Minimally invasive thoracic surgery, chest wall -- Part VI. Minimally invasive thoracic surgery, the oesophagus -- Part VII. Minimally invasive thoracic surgery, the diaphragm -- Part VIII. Minimally invasive cardiac surgery, general -- Part IX. Minimally invasive cardiac surgery, the heart -- Index.
- Minimally invasive thyroidectomy 2012, SpringerThis book describes in detail the various techniques of minimally invasive thyroidectomy that have emerged in recent years and presents the new supportive equipment, including intraoperative monitoring and energy devices. In addition, the basic preoperative techniques that are a prerequisite to successful thyroidectomy are covered, and individual chapters are devoted to complications, outcomes, and post-thyroidectomy quality of life. Important related topics are also discussed, including guidelines for managing papillary and medullary thyroid cancer and the surgical management of metastatic lymph nodes. Both the editors and the authors are internationally renowned experts, and they include the founders of several of the techniques described. The up-to-date text is supplemented by many color pictures and medical illustrations, making the book very user-friendly and ideal for the busy surgeon or endocrinologist who is interested in the management of thyroid diseases.
- Mitral valve surgery 2011, SpringerSurgical anatomy of the mitral and tricuspid valve -- Pathology and classification of mitral valve disease -- Chronic mitral regurgitation -- Chronic ischemic mitral regurgitation -- Asymptomatic mitral valve regurgitation: watchful wait or early repair?: review of the current evidence -- Mitral valve prosthesis insertion with preservation of the sub-valvar apparatus -- How I assess and repair the Barlow mitral valve: the respect rather than resect approach -- How I assess and repair the Barlow mitral valve: the edge-to-edge technique -- How I assess and repair the Barlow mitral valve -- Ischemic mitral regurgitation -- Minimally invasive mitral valve surgery -- Mitral stenosis -- Atrial fibrillation: non-surgical management -- Ablation of atrial fibrillation with cardiac surgery -- Tricuspid regurgitation: natural history, assessment, and intervention.
- Modern hip resurfacing 2009, SpringerDevelopment perspectives / Derek J.W. McMinn -- Materials and metallurgy / Tim J. Band -- Machining processes / Roger W.F. Ashton -- Hip joint tribology / Amir Kamali -- Corrosion and its contribution to metal release / Joseph Daniel and Amir Kamali -- Retrieval analysis / Tim J. Band, Roger W.F. Ashton, and Amir Kamali -- Cementing technique in Birmingham Hip Resurfacing / Stephen McMahon and Gabrielle Hawdon -- Migration studies / Arne Lundberg and Raed Itayem -- Vascularity of the femoral head in hip resurfacing / Stephen McMahon and Gabrielle Hawdon -- Femoral head blood supply studies / Nobuhiko Sugano, Takashi Nishii, and Takehito Hananouchi -- Acetabular bone conservation / Joseph Daniel, Hena Ziaee, and Derek J.W. McMinn -- Femoral DEXA studies in hip arthroplasty / Nobuhiko Sugano -- Metal ions / Joseph Daniel and Hena Ziaee -- Patient selection and timing of operation / Joseph Daniel, Chandra Pradhan, and Hena Ziaee -- Anesthesia, pain control, and thromboprophylaxis / Jonathan W. Freeman --Anesthesia with special emphasis on pain control / Dennis R. Kerr and Lawrence Kohan -- Templating for the Birmingham Hip Resurfacing from conventional X-rays / Derek J.W. McMinn -- Computer templating of hip resurfacing arthroplasty / James Slover, Erik Wetter, and Henrik Malchau -- Partient positioning and exposure / Derek J.W. McMinn -- Acetabular preparation and insertion of the standard Birmingham Hip Resurfacing cup / Derek J.W. McMinn -- Acetabular preparation and insertion of the dysplasia Birmingham Hip Resurfacing cup / Derek J.W. McMinn -- Implantation of the femoral component of the Birmingham Hip Resurfacing / Derek J.W. McMinn -- Birmingham mid-head resection prosthesis and its implantation / Derek J.W. McMinn -- Guides, jigs, and navigation-assisted Birmingham Hip Resurfacing / Derek J.W. McMinn -- Management of complex anatomy / Joseph Daniel ... [et al.] -- Outcomes and standards for hip resurfacing / Callum W. McBryde and Paul B. Pynsent -- Results of Birmingham Hip Resurfacing in different diagnoses / Joseph Daniel ... [et al.] -- Complications and revisions of the Birmingham Hip Resurfacing / Chandra Pradhan, Joseph Daniel, and Hena Ziaee -- Rehabilitation after the Birmingham Hip Resurfacing / Anne Hands, Hena Ziaee, and Chandra Pradhan -- Recovery and rehabilitation / Lawrence Kohan and Dennis R. Kerr -- Final thoughts / Derek J.W. McMinn and James W. Pritchett.
- Modified inferior turbinoplasty a new surgical approach 2012, SpringerHumans can resist 40 days without eating and 4 days without drinking, but only 4 minutes without breathing: this tells us much about its fundamental importance. Breathed air is slowed down, filtered, warmed and humidified by the nose; many mechanisms are involved in this act, which prevent bronchial tubes and pulmonary alveolus from receiving an excessive and sudden air load. It is well known, on the other hand, that breathing through the mouth causes a lot of problems: inflammatory diseases of the upper airways, sleep apnea syndrome, but also, in some cases, bronchial, pulmonary and even cardiac disorders, that are more easily affecting patients not able to breathe correctly through the nose. For this reason, restoring an efficient nasal function is a very important - and in some cases crucial - issue. This book describes in details an innovative surgical technique called modified inferior turbinoplasty, which offers an excellent solution to the problems associated with the lower turbinate hypertrophy. A turbinate (or nasal concha) is a long, narrow, curled bone shelf that protrudes into the breathing passage of the nose. Most surgical interventions treat only the soft parts of hypertrophic turbinates using laser therapy, radiofrequency treatment, and electrocoagulation, but these procedures often lead to relapse. With this technique, in contrast, all anatomic parts of the turbinate are treated, including bone tissue: the surgeon reduces the inferior nasal concha and the internal nasal tissue, and the mucosa is then remodeled with sutures. The modified inferior turbinoplasty allows the complete avoidance of swabs in the nose, which is fundamental for patients well-being and grant them a quicker recovery. The book will be very useful for othorinolaryngologists, plastic surgeons, endoscopic and maxillofacial surgeons.
- Mohs micrographic surgery 2012, SpringerAn Introduction to Mohs Micrographic Surgery --Indications for Mohs Micrographic Surgery --Preoperative Evaluation --Mohs Micrographic Surgery Operative Room Setup --Anesthetic Considerations: Local Versus Regional --Cutaneous Anatomy in Mohs Micrographic Surgery --Mohs Surgery: Fixed Tissue Technique --Fresh Tissue Technique --Special Considerations for Mohs Micrographic Surgery in Organ Transplant Recipients --Mohs Micrographic Surgery in Ethnic Skin --Histopathology Laboratory Setup and Necessary Instrumentation --Tissue Transport and Initial Processing Cryostat Preparation of Slides --Histopathologic Interpretation of Mohs Slides --Tissue Specimen Documentation, Record Keeping, and Sample Storage --Immunostains --Basal Cell Carcinoma --Squamous Cell Carcinoma --Mohs Micrographic Surgery for the Treatment of Cutaneous Melanoma --Dermatofibrosarcoma Protuberans --Microcystic Adnexal Carcinoma --Atypical Fibroxanthoma --Extramammary Paget Disease --Leiomyosarcoma --Merkel Cell Carcinoma --Selected Sweat Gland Carcinomas --Sebaceous Carcinoma --Mohs Micrographic Surgery for the Eyelid --Mohs Surgery for Periungual and Subungual Skin Cancer --Genitalia --Deep Structures of the Head and Neck --Complications of Mohs Micrographic Surgery --Eyelid Reconstruction After Mohs Micrographic Surgery --Flaps --Skin Grafting --Side to Side Closure After Mohs Surgery --Prosthetic Rehabilitation --Combination Therapy for the Nonsurgical Treatment of Skin Cancers: Latest Research at Mount Sinai --Training and Regulation in Mohs Surgery --Establishing a Mohs Practice --International Perspective of Mohs Micrographic Surgery: South America --International Perspective of Mohs Micrographic Surgery: Europe --International Perspective of Mohs Micrographic Surgery: East Asia --International Perspective of Mohs Micrographic Surgery: Australia and New Zealand --Information for Patients and Safety Considerations --Ethical Issues Related to Mohs Skin Cancer Surgery --Medicolegal Issues Regarding Mohs Micrographic Surgery --Psychological Issues Regarding Mohs Micrographic Surgery.
- Molecular surgical pathology 2013, SpringerMolecular Pathology of Colorectal Cancer / Fred T. Bosman -- Molecular Pathology of Pancreatic Cancer / Laura D. Wood, N. Volkan Adsay and Ralph H. Hruban -- Molecular Pathology of Liver Tumors / Thomas Longerich, Kai Breuhahn and Peter Schirmacher -- Molecular Pathology of Gallbladder Cancer / Juan Carlos Roa and N. Volkan Adsay -- Molecular Pathology of Lung Cancers / Lynette M. Sholl and Neal I. Lindeman -- Molecular Pathology of Breast Cancer / Alejandro Ariel Gru and Donald Craig Allred -- Molecular Pathology of Ovarian Cancer / Kruti P. Maniar, Ie-Ming Shih and Robert J. Kurman -- Molecular Pathology of Endometrial Cancer / Xavier Matias-Guiu and Jaime Prat -- Molecular Pathology of Kidney Tumors / Sean R. Williamson, John N. Eble and Liang Cheng -- Molecular Pathology of Prostate Cancer / Bora Gurel, Riley E. Alexander, Liang Cheng and Angelo M. De Marzo -- Molecular Pathology of Urinary Bladder Cancer / George J. Netto and Liang Cheng -- Molecular Pathology of Testicular Cancer / Katharina Biermann and Leendert H. J. Looijenga -- Molecular Pathology of Cutaneous Melanoma and Nonmelanoma Skin Cancer / Andrea Saggini and Boris Bastian -- Molecular Pathology of Head and Neck Cancer / Audrey P. Calzada, Maie A. St. John, Elliot Abemayor and David T. W. Wong -- Molecular Pathology of Soft Tissue and Bone Tumors / Neal I. Lindeman and Paola Dal Cin -- Molecular Pathology of the Central Nervous System / Brent T. Harris and Eyas M. Hattab -- Molecular Pathology of Endocrine Cancer / Ricardo V. Lloyd, Long Jin, Darya Buehler, Heather Hardin and Weihua Shan.
- Mont Reid surgical handbook. 6th ed. 2008, ClinicalKey
- New motion-preserving devices are revolutionizing spine surgery, but the learning curve for these operations is steep, and great attention must be given to patient and device selection and the perfect execution of each procedure. In this text, global leaders in this area discuss the advantages and disadvantages of the full range of non-fusion technologies and present the step-by-step, richly illustrated operative guidance needed to achieve optimal outcomes. Three hours of surgical video on DVD demonstrate how to perform key procedures.
- Munro Kerr's operative obstetrics. Twelfth edition. [12th ed.] 2014, ClinicalKeyA highly illustrated, practical book covering the obstetric and surgical procedures used in intrapartum care, including commonly used procedures such as assisted vaginal delivery (forceps and vacuum delivery) and more rare techniques such as major vessel ligation and embolization and internal podalic version. The authors take a step-by-step approach to each technique and includes 'tips' and 'pointers' that only an experienced obstetrician would be able to describe. The book is enlivened by the inclusion of short, relevant 'historical highlights'- readers should find these enlightening and entertaining, providing a link with the original Munro Kerr text. Focuses on the intrapartum aspects of obstetric practice - the focus of medico-legal and clinical audit attention. Highly illustrated to show techniques in detailOffers tips and advice to the trainee. Emphasis on practical matters - a step-by-step approachIncludes historical boxes to enliven and entertain.
- Nasal reconstruction art and practice 2008, ClinicalKeyA nasal reconstruction authority shows you how to obtain the best outcomes and repair unsatisfactory results from former surgeries. In addition to presenting the latest principles and techniques, this new resource also examines evolving concepts and methods, keeping you at the forefront of today's practice. The book emphasizes the restoration of nasal defects, from simple to complex, and achieving normal appearance and function. Comprehensive coverage of all nasal injuries and available surgical methods, both cutting edge as well as older, established approaches, help you choose the best approach for each patient and situation. Full-color clinical photos offer real-life clinical views of conditions and step-by-step surgical results.
- Navigational surgery of the facial skeleton 2007, Springer
- Netter's Surgical anatomy and approaches 2014, ClinicalKeyThis one-of-a-kind resource combines the unmatched surgical anatomy illustrations of Frank H. Netter, MD with endoscopic, laparoscopic, and radiologic images - integrated with expert descriptions of each operative procedure - to provide a clear overview of the exposures, incision sites, surgically relevant landmarks, structures, fascial planes, and common anatomical variants and operative methods that are critical to your success in the operating room. Key Features: Vividly visualize the surgical anatomy you need to know through the uniquely detailed, memorable artwork of Dr. Netter, Carlos Machado, MD, and other anatomy illustrators working in the Netter tradition. View surgical anatomy from a clinical perspective through photographs and endoscopic, laparoscopic, and radiologic images that capture important landmarks and anatomy and are integrated into an expert description of each operative procedure. Access the complete contents online for quick look-ups, including videos of relevant surgical dissections to help you review approaches to common operations.
- Netter's Surgical anatomy review P.R.N. 2011, ClinicalKeySection 1. Head and neck -- section 2. Back and spinal cord -- section 3. Thorax -- section 4. Abdomen -- section 5. Pelvis and perineum -- section 6. Upper limb -- section 7. Lower limb.
- Neuroendovascular surgery 2005, KargerCurrent and future management strategies for intracranial aneurysms and carotid artery stenosis / E.M. Deshaies, A.S. Boulos -- The use of stents in the management of neurovascular disease: a historical and present status review / M.B. Horowitz, P.D. Purdy -- Carotid angioplasty with stenting and carotid endarterectomy: both are here to stay / R.A. Hanel ... [et al.] -- Endovascular treatment of acute ischemic embolic stroke / C.C. Ionita ... [et al.] -- Intracranial stenting / M.R. Harrigan ... [et al.] -- Angioplasty for repair of intracranial arterial stenosis / A.J. Ringer -- Endovascular therapy for intracranial aneurysms: a historical and present perspective / M.B. Horowitz ... [et al.] --Endovascular management of wide-necked aneurysms / M. Horowitz, E.I. Levy -- Liquid embolic agents in the treatment of intracranial arteriovenous malformations / J.U. Howington ... [et al.] -- Management of arteriovenous malformations using liquid agents / B.M. Ozgur, D.I. Levy -- Treatment of dural arteriovenous fistulas / L. Feng, P.M. Meyers, R.T. Higashida -- Tumor embolization / E.I. Levy ... [et al.] -- Acute and chronic venous sinus thrombosis / M.B. Horowitz ... [et al.] -- Vein of galen aneurysms: a review and current perspective / M.B. Horowitz ... [et al.] -- Petrosal sinus sampling for Cushing's disease / M.B. Horowitz ... [et al.].
- Neurosurgery 2010, Springer
- The changing population: the surgeon's challenge -- Fundamentals of the past: cardioplegia: the first period revisited -- Sites of injury: myocyte -- Sites of injury: the endothelium -- Intraoperative protection of the myocardium: effects of age and gender -- Protection of the right heart -- Protection of the failing heart -- Protection during heart transplantation -- The endothelium as target for interventions -- Vascular effects of cardioplegic arrest and cardiopulmonary bypass -- Oxygen radical scavengers -- New approaches to cardioplegia: alternatives to hyperkalemia -- Myocardial protection via the coronary venous route -- Donor heart preservation by continuous perfusion -- Visualization of cardioplegia delivery.
- New techniques in genital prolapse surgery 2011, Springer
- New technologies in surgical oncology 2010, Springer
- This book describes in detail three different techniques for minimally invasive video-assisted breast surgery: nipple-sparing mastectomy with a hand-held external retractor, with a single-port device, and with robotic assistance. All three techniques can be employed for radical treatment of breast cancer or for risk reduction surgery, and the last two are brand new. The techniques are clearly explained with the aid of numerous high-quality illustrations. All surgical stages are covered in detail, and helpful information is provided on key aspects of surgical anatomy, diagnostic workup, instrumentation, and postoperative management. Nipple Sparing Mastectomy is the first manual to cover these techniques, which are likely to become standard in the field of oncological breast surgery. It will be invaluable for breast surgeons who are skilled in nipple-sparing mastectomy and oncoplastic techniques or are working in breast units that offer genetic counseling to high-risk patients.
- Nonsurgical peri-orbital rejuvenation 2014, SpringerThis book offers surgeons the most up-to-date information related to non-surgical techniques specific to periorbital rejuvenation. This easy-to-use reference guide is for ophthalmologists, oculoplastic surgeons, dermatologists, plastic surgeons, maxillofacial and plastic surgery residents, as well as ENT facial plastic fellows. Complete with videos of specific techniques to better inform surgeons about these evolving procedures, Nonsurgical Peri-orbital Rejuvenation teaches the reader how to measure predictable outcomes when deciding to approach the periorbital area.
- Oculoplastic and reconstructive surgery 2008, ClinicalKeyDisorders of the eyelid: congenital -- Disorders of the eyelid: lesions -- Disorders of the eyelid: eyelid trauma -- Disorders of the eyelid: involutional changes -- Disorders of the eyelid: blepharoptosis and eyelid retraction -- Disorders of the lacrimal system: congenital obstruction -- Disorders of the lacrimal system: acquired causes of epiphora -- Disorders of the orbit: orbital imaging -- Disorders of the orbit: infections -- Disorders of the orbit: inflammations -- Disorders of the orbit: neoplasms -- Disorders of the orbit: vascular abnormalities -- Disorders of the orbit: trauma -- Disorders of the orbit: anophthalmic socket.
- Oculoplastics and orbit. Aesthetic and functional oculofacial plastic problem-solving in the 21st century 2010, Springer
- Odze and Goldblum Surgical pathology of the GI tract, liver, biliary tract, and pancreas. Third edition. [3rd ed.] 2014, ClinicalKeyGastrointestinal Tract Endoscopic and Tissue Processing Techniques and Normal Histology -- Screening and Surveillance Guidelines in Gastroenterology -- Diagnostic Cytology of the Gastrointestinal Tract -- Infectious Disorders of the Gastrointestinal Tract -- Manifestations of Immunodeficiency in the Gastrointestinal Tract -- Systemic Illnesses Involving the Gastrointestinal Tract -- Neuromuscular Disorders of the Gastrointestinal Tract -- Congenital and Developmental Disorders of the Gastrointestinal Tract -- Enteropathies Associated with Chronic Diarrhea and Malabsorption in Childhood -- Vascular Disorders of the Gastrointestinal Tract -- Autoimmune Disorders of the Gastrointestinal Tract -- Drug-Induced Disorders of the Gastrointestinal Tract -- Algorithmic Approach to Diagnosis of Inflammatory Disorders of the Gastrointestinal Tract -- Inflammatory Disorders of the Esophagus -- Inflammatory Disorders of the Stomach -- Inflammatory Disorders of the Small Intestine -- Inflammatory Disorders of the Large Intestine -- Inflammatory Disorders of the Appendix -- Polyps of the Esophagus -- Polyps of the Stomach -- Polyps of the Small Intestine -- Polyps of the Large Intestine -- Molecular Diagnostics of Tubal Gut Neoplasms -- Epithelial Neoplasms of the Esophagus -- Epithelial Neoplasms of the Stomach -- Epithelial Neoplasms of the Small Intestine -- Epithelial Neoplasms of the Large Intestine -- Epithelial Neoplasms of the Appendix -- Neuroendocrine Tumors of the Gastrointestinal and Pancreatobiliary Tracts -- Mesenchymal Tumors of the Gastrointestinal Tract -- Hematolymphoid Tumors of the Gastrointestinal Tract, Hepatobiliary Tract, and Pancreas -- Inflammatory and Neoplastic Disorders of the Anal Canal -- Gallbladder, Extrahepatic Biliary Tract, and Pancreas Tissue Processing Techniques and Normal Histology -- Molecular Genetics of Pancreatobiliary Neoplasms -- Diagnostic Cytology of the Biliary Tract and Pancreas -- Developmental Disorders of the Gallbladder, Extrahepatic Biliary Tract, and Pancreas -- Infectious and Inflammatory Disorders of the Gallbladder and Extrahepatic Biliary Tract -- Benign and Malignant Tumors of the Gallbladder and Extrahepatic Biliary Tract -- Inflammatory and Other Nonneoplastic Disorders of the Pancreas -- Tumors of the Pancreas -- Tumors of Major and Minor Ampulla -- Algorithmic Approach to Diagnosis of Liver Disorders -- Liver Tissue Processing and Normal Histology -- Molecular Pathogenesis and Diagnostics of Hepatocellular Tumors -- Diagnostic Cytology of the Liver -- Acute and Chronic Infectious Hepatitis -- Autoimmune and Chronic Cholestatic Disorders of the Liver -- Toxin- and Drug-Induced Disorders of the Liver -- Fatty Liver Disease -- Cirrhosis -- Vascular Disorders of the Liver -- Pathology of Liver and Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplantation -- Liver Pathology in Pregnancy -- Inherited Metabolic and Developmental Disorders of the Pediatric and Adult Liver -- Benign and Malignant Tumors of the Liver.
- Oesophagogastric surgery. 5th ed. 2014, ClinicalKeyPathology of oesophageal and gastric tumours / Heike I. Grabsch -- Epidemiology, genetics and screening for oesophageal and gastric cancer / William H. Allum -- Staging of oesophageal and gastric cancer / Graeme Couper -- Preoperative assessment and perioperative management in oesophageal and gastric surgery / Sheraz R. Markar, James Helman, and Donald E. Low -- Surgery for cancer of the oesophagus / S. Michael Griffin and Richard G. Berrisford -- Treatment of early oesophageal cancer / B. Mark Smithers and Iain Thomson -- Surgery for cancer of the stomach / Takeshi Sano -- Endoscopic and surgical treatment of early gastric cancer / Joost Rothbarth, Arjun D. Koch, and Jan J.B. van Lanschot -- Radiotherapy and chemotherapy in treatment of oesophageal and gastric cancer / Tom Crosby and Adrian Crellin -- Palliative treatments of carcinoma of the oesophagus and stomach / Jane M. Blazeby and Natalie Blencowe -- Other oesophageal and gastric neoplasms / Richard H. Hardwick -- Pathophysiology and investigation of gastro-oesophageal reflux disease / John M. Findlay and Nicholas D. Maynard -- Treatment of gastro-oesophageal reflux disease / David I. Watson -- Treatment of the complications of gastro-oesophageal reflux disease and failed gastro-oesophageal surgery / Robert Mason -- Barrett's oesophagus / Max Almond, Hugh Barr, and Janusz Jankowski -- The management of achalasia and other motility disorders of the oesophagus / Derek Alderson -- Paraoesophageal hernia and gastric volvulus / Nathan W. Bronson, Kyle A. Perry, and John G. Hunter -- Benign ulceration of the stomach and duodenum and the complications of previous ulcer surgery / John Wayman -- Oesophageal emergencies / Jon Shenfine and S. Michael Griffin -- Bariatric surgery / Richard Welbourn.
- On bypass advanced perfusion techniques 2008, Springer
- Oncologic breast surgery 2014, SpringerThis book presents the most recent developments in oncologic breast surgery and takes full account of diagnostic, pathologic, and radiologic inputs. It is divided into three parts, the first of which discusses the premises underlying the modern surgical approach to breast cancer. The second part is devoted to what might be termed the conservative program, i.e., breast conservation and oncoplastic surgery, conservative mastectomy, and sentinel node biopsy and axillary dissection. The final part of the book covers different forms of surgery and other treatments in particular settings. Topics include plastic and reconstructive surgery, DCIS surgery, radio-guided surgery, adjuvant systemic therapy, intraoperative radiotherapy, and the role of surgery in locally advanced and metastatic disease. The detailed descriptions of techniques are accompanied by numerous high-quality illustrations. This book will be of value to both experienced practitioners and surgical trainees. .
- Oncoplastic and reconstructive breast surgery 2013, SpringerPart I. Basic principles for oncoplastic and reconstructive breast surgery -- Part II. Partial breast reconstruction -- Part III. Breast reconstruction after mastectomy -- Part IV. Managment of complications -- Part V. Refinements after breast reconstruction -- Part VI. Breast reconstruction in special populations -- Part VII. Other special considerations -- Index.
- Oncoplastic and reconstructive surgery for breast cancer the Institut Curie experience 2009, Springer
- Oncoplastic breast surgery a guide to clinical practice 2010, Springer1. General Surgery -- Surgical Anatomy / Elisabeth Würinger -- Breast Cancer Surgery: Standard Principles / Florian Fitzal -- Oncoplastic Breast Surgery / Peter Schrenk -- 2. Oncoplastic Surgery (OPS) -- OPS and Breast Conserving Surgery (BSC) / Peter Schrenk, Elizabeth J. Hall-Findlay, Florian Fitzal, Andrea Grisotti and Donato Casella, et al. -- OPS and Mastectomy / Grant W. Carlson, Francesca De Lorenzi, Mario Rietjens, Andrea Manconi and Daniela Hoch, et al. -- Special Considerations / Florian Fitzal, Rupert Koller, Stefan Gärner, Elisabeth Grafinger-Witt and Mario Rietjens, et al.
- Open Hepatic Transection Using Microwave Tissue Coagulation /Sohei Satoi, Hiroaki Kitade, Yoichi Matsui, A-Hon Kwon --Open Hepatic Transection Using Chang's Needle /Yu-Chung Chang --Open Hepatic Transection Using PMOD /Shu You Peng, Jiang Tao Li, Zhi Jian Tan --Open Hepatic Transection Using Dissecting Sealer /Isidoro Di Carlo, Adriana Toro --Open Hepatic Transection Using Habib[TM] 4X /Charis Kyriakides, Feng Xi, Madhava Pai, Nagy A. Habib --Ultrasonically Activated Device for Parenchymal Division During Open Liver Resection /Paolo Limongelli, Andrea Belli, Luigi Cioffi, Gianluca Russo, Alberto D'Agostino --Open Hepatic Transection Using Water-Jet Dissector /Kerstin Huepgens, Denis Ehrl, Horst-Guenter Rau --Open Hepatic Transection Using Kelly Clamp /Takuya Hashimoto, Norihiro Kokudo, Masatoshi Makuuchi --Open Hepatic Transection Using LigaSure /Akio Saiura, Junji Yamamoto --Stapler Hepatectomy /Helge Bruns, Jürgen Weitz, Michael Kremer, Markus W. Büchler, Peter Schemmer --Fusion Technique for Liver Transection: A New Technique Combining Kelly-Clysis and Harmonic Technology /Palepu Jagannath, Deepak Chhabra, Rajiv Shah --Ultrasound-Guided Delimitation of the Resection Area /Matteo Donadon, Guido Torzilli --Open Hepatic Transection Using Ultrasonic Dissector /Giorgio Ercolani, Matteo Ravaioli, Matteo Serenari, Paolo Di Gioia --Laparoscopic Hepatic Transection Using Microwave /Yuichiro Otsuka, Hironori Kaneko --Laparoscopic Liver Resection Using LPMOD /Xiu Jun Cai, Yi Fan Wang, Shu You Peng --Laparoscopic Hepatic Transection Using Radiofrequency Monopolar Devices /Isidoro Di Carlo, Adriana Toro --Laparoscopic Hepatic Transection Using Habib[TM] 4X /Madhava Pai, Charis Kyriakides, Feng Xi, Nagy A. Habib --Laparoscopic Hepatic Transection Using Stapler and CUSA /Francesca Ratti ... [et al.] --Laparoscopic Hepatic Transection Using Ultrasonic Scalpel and Bipolar Forceps /Noah B. Zuker, Brice Gayet --Laparoscopic Hepatic Transection Using an Ultrasonically Activated Device /Luigi Cioffi ... [et al.] --Laparoscopic Hepatic Transection Using Bipolar Radiofrequency Ablation (EnSeal) /Keith M. Baldwin, Ponnandai Somasundar, Steven C. Katz, N. Joseph Espat --Robotic Liver Resection /Ki-Hun Kim, Gi-Hong Choi -- Index.
- Operative anatomy of the heart 2011, Springer
- Operative atlas of laparoscopic reconstructive urology 2009, Springer
- Operative dictations in orthopedic surgery 2013, SpringerOperative Dictations in Orthopedic Surgery is a valuable resource for teaching orthopedic surgical trainees and practicing orthopedic surgeons how to document their operative procedures. The book includes the majority of the commonly performed orthopedic procedures. For each procedure, a list of common indications is given, covering 95% of the situations in which particular procedures will be used, as well as a list of essential steps. This is then followed by a list intended to prompt the surgeon for particular details to note and dictate within the template, a list of possible complications that are typically associated with a particular surgical procedure, and templates of operative dictation that allow the surgeon to individualize their dictations. Ample space is also provided to allow each surgeon to add notes. Concise and easy to use, Operative Dictations in Orthopedic Surgery is a unique tool for orthopedics surgical residents and residents in practice that better prepares them to participate actively and learn as much as possible in the operating room.
- Operative hip arthroscopy. 3rd ed. 2013, SpringerIn each of its two previous editions, Dr. J.W. Thomas Byrd's Operative Hip Arthroscopy has detailed the fundamentals and techniques for performing hip arthroscopy and tracked cutting-edge developments surrounding this procedure. Operative Hip Arthroscopy, Third Edition, has once again pulled together a group of experts to explore all of the latest advancements in hip arthroscopy, as well as our understanding of hip disorders and the technology available for treatment. This edition is vastly expanded, with new or updated discussion on topics including:Latest Techniques and Technology for AccessFemoroacetabular Impingement The Peritrochanteric SpaceThe Subgluteal SpaceEndoscopic Abductor RepairsEndoscopic Hamstring Repair and Ischial BursectomyAdhesive Capsulitis and ArthrofibrosisManagement of Chondral InjuriesDecision Making with Regard to OsteoarthritisSynovial Disease and Sepsisliopsoas Impingement and Total Hip ArthroplastyComplex Hip ReconstructionComputer NavigationSnapping Hip SyndromesThe Role of UltrasonographyThis book emphasizes wise decision-making and understanding the dos and don'ts of the procedure. Clear, concise writing supplemented by more than 300 illustrations, photographs and links to view videos will give orthopedists at any level a complete picture of this procedure and related issues.
- Operative otolaryngology head and neck surgery. 2nd ed. 2008, ClinicalKey
- Operative pediatric surgery. 2nd edition. 2014, AccessSurgeryPart I: General Principles -- Part II: The Head and Neck -- Part III: Chest Wall and Thoracic Disease Part IV: Abdominal Disease Part V: Urology for the Pediatric Surgeon -- Part VI: Vascular System Anomalies -- Part VII: Neurosurgery for the Pediatric Surgeon -- Part VIII: Trauma -- Part IX: Surgical Endocrinology -- Part X: Oncology -- Part XI: Solid Organ Transplantation.
- Operative surgery manual 2003, MD Consult
- Traditional postoperative management and fast-track care pathways -- Development of laparoscopic colorectal surgery -- Instrumentation and setup -- Key operative steps -- Operative procedures. Segmental colectomy ; Rectal surgery ; Total colectomy ; Stoma formation -- Dealing with complications and other technical tricks -- Other useful techniques.
- Ophthalmic surgery-- principles and practice. 4th ed. 2012, ClinicalKeyOphthalmic Surgery, edited by Drs. George Spaeth, Helen Danesh-Meyer, Ivan Goldberg, and Anselm Kampik, provides the detailed, full-color, step-by-step guidance you need to master essential ophthalmic surgery procedures. The international team of expert editors and contributors present coverage of the latest surgical developments and video demonstrations of key techniques across subspecialties, including cataract, cornea, refractive, glaucoma, oculoplastic, extra-ocular muscle, vitreoretinal, and ocular tumor procedures. What's more, the fully searchable text, procedural videos, and a downloadable image gallery are all online at www.expertconsult.com, making this multimedia resource the key to performing confidently in the operating room. Refer to the most important steps in each procedure quickly and easily with an appendix of step-by-step hand notes. Perform a wide variety of procedures with confidence using the focused coverage that pinpoints essential information and avoids extraneous details. Get comprehensive coverage across key subspecialties-oculoplastic, strabismus, cornea, refractive, cataract, glaucoma, ocular tumors, and vitreoretinal-and master the basics for every common procedure.
- Orthopedic traumatology an evidence-based approach 2013, SpringerEvidence-based medicine is the future of orthopedic surgery. The escalating costs of medical care drive the need for physicians to base clinical decisions on data in order to provide optimal care to every patient. Orthopedic Traumatology: An Evidence-Based Approach provides readers a model for evidence-based decision making in orthopedic trauma. Renowned orthopedic trauma surgeons describe interesting clinical scenarios, give expert opinions on management, and include relevant imaging to create a complete picture of each fascinating case. Useful for residents and practicing physicians alike, Orthopedic Traumatology is a unique guide to orthopedic trauma and evidence-based medicine.
- Palliative surgery 2014, SpringerPalliative surgery can greatly contribute to improving symptom control and quality of life for terminal cancer patients. Owing to the advanced stage of the disease, however, this type of surgery is also associated with significant morbidity and mortality. It is therefore important for surgeons to have a sound understanding of the medical and scientific background underlying treatment decisions in palliative surgery, a foundation that this book provides. The opening chapters examine the relationship between palliative medicine and palliative surgery and address general issues including pain management and anesthesiological considerations. The role of palliative surgery in a wide range of disease settings is then thoroughly explored, including detailed information on surgical techniques and their indications and outcomes. This book will be an invaluable resource for all who wish to learn more about the emerging role of palliative surgery.
- Parathyroid glands imaging and surgery 2013, SpringerEmbryonic development and anatomic and histological structure of the parathyroid glands -- Preoperative imaging of the parathyroid glands -- Intraoperative imaging of the parathyroid glands -- Image-Guided minimally invasive modalities in surgical treatment of parathyroid diseases.
- Passing the general surgery oral board exam. 2nd ed. 2014, SpringerEdited by Dr. Marc Neff, Passing the General Surgery Oral Board Exam, Second Edition helps candidates prepare for the General Surgery Oral Board Exam in a different way than other review books. In addition to covering concepts frequently addressed on the test, the review also alerts you to 'common curveballs' and 'strikeouts'- the unexpected problems or seemingly benign actions (or inactions) that could result in a missed diagnosis or misdiagnosis, and thus result in failure to pass the exam. Fully updated and expanded to reflect the many changes in standards of care, this unique study guide is the first to expose the potential traps and pitfalls of the exam by providing examples of how the questions may be asked and what not to say in response.
- Pathology and surgery around the vertebral artery 2011, SpringerThis is the first comprehensive book about surgery on and around the vertebral artery all along its cervical and intracranial course. This vessel has been considered for long as out of surgical reach leaving many different pathologies not or incompletely treated. The surgical exposure and control of the vertebral artery not only permit to treat lesions of the vertebral artery wall or developed in contact to it but also to improve the access to the intervertebral foramen (tumors, osteophytes), to the anterior aspect of the spinal cord (tumors, spondylotic spurs), to the foramen magnum and to the jugular foramen. This book written by leading experts includes all aspects of vertebral artery surgery from anatomy to imaging, surgical techniques and pathologies; it is illustrated by many figures especially operative views and schematic drawings so that the beginner as well as the experienced surgeon find useful information. One of the editors of this book (B. GEORGE) was recently awarded the Olivecrona award for his work on the surgery of the vertebral artery.
- Patient preparation for bariatric surgery 2014, Springer"Patient Preparation for Bariatric Surgery provides a comprehensive and state of the art review of all aspects of the patient preparation process, The text reviews current literature and controversies involving sources of referrals and the difficulties encountered by primary care physicians in managing patients with extreme obesity. Strategies for addressing this problem and integrating primary care physicians in comprehensive obesity programs are presented. The text also reviews current indications for surgery and the current patient access limitations that have resulted in the need for revised surgical indications based more on medical need than mere extent of obesity. Written by an authority in the field, Patient Preparation for Bariatric Surgery is a valuable resource for bariatric surgeons, bariatric physicians and all allied health personnel who manage patients with extreme obesity and will assist in the advancement of this area of surgery as well as stimulate new discovery."--Publisher's website.
- Pediatric airway surgery 2012, KargerFor the first time the editors of this volume have brought together text, illustrations and high-definition videos to create an expert video atlas in the field of pediatric airway surgery. The publication which includes the book and free online access to the videos provides a detailed review of the pros and cons and clinical pearls involved in various modes of pediatric airway surgery. Discussed are all the main open airway surgeries including laryngotracheal reconstruction, cricotracheal resection, tracheal resection and re-anastomosis, and slide tracheoplasty. Further covered is a range of endoscopic procedures such as endoscopic repair of laryngeal clefts and endoscopic treatment of vocal fold immobility.The high-definition videos with audio overlay and the text complement provide an excellent detailed instruction manual for surgeons willing to carry out these operations. This publication is designed for all levels, from medical student through residency and fellowship as well as the pediatric otolaryngologist or pediatric surgeon preparing for pediatric airway surgery.
- Pediatric airway surgery management of laryngotracheal stenosis in infants and children 2011, SpringerThe compromised pediatric airway: challenges facing families and physicians -- Applied surgical anatomy of the larynx and trachea -- Clinical evaluation of airway obstruction -- Equipment and instrumentation for diagnostic and therapeutic endoscopy -- Endoscopic assessment of the compromised pediatric airway -- Laryngomalacia (LM) -- Vocal cord paralysis (VCP) -- Congenital subglottic stenosis (C-SGS) -- Laryngeal web and atresia -- Subglottic haemangioma (SGH) -- Ductal cysts, saccular cysts and laryngoceles -- Laryngeal and tracheal clefts -- Congenital tracheal anomalies -- Acquired post-intubation and tracheostomy-related stenoses -- External laryngeal trauma -- Neoplastic lesions of the larynx and trachea -- Preoperative assessment, indications for surgery and parental counseling -- Endoscopic techniques for laryngotracheal stenosis -- Laryngotracheoplasty and laryngotracheal reconstruction -- Partial cricotracheal resection -- Tracheotomy -- Tracheal resection and anastomosis -- Revision surgery.
- Pediatric and Congenital Cardiology, Cardiac Surgery and Intensive Care provides a consistent and comprehensive approach to multiple congenital and acquired cardiac pathologies pre, peri and postoperatively, with the use of algorhythms, guidelines and current research issues. Included with this book are interactive videos with the most common interventions, online access to practical learning activities, and to the comprehensive Aristotle score and database. This reference work satisfies the need for a universal and practical review of management of critically ill children and adults with congenital heart disease, based upon taskforce decisions and the cumulative experience of the world leaders in the field.
- Pediatric robotic urology 2009, Springer
- Pediatric surgery 2006, Springer
- Pediatric surgery 2014, SpringerWritten by internationally acclaimed specialists, Pediatric Surgery provides pertinent and concise procedure descriptions spanning benign and malignant problems and minimally invasive procedures. Complications are reviewed when appropriate for the organ system and problem, creating a book that is both comprehensive and accessible. Stages of operative approaches with relevant technical considerations are outlined in an easily understandable manner. Forming part of the series, Surgery: Complications, Risks and Consequences, this volume Pediatric Surgery provides a valuable resource for all general surgeons and residents in training. Other healthcare providers will also find this a useful resource.
- Pediatric surgery diagnosis and management 2009, Springer
- Pediatric surgery diagnosis and treatment 2014, SpringerFluids and Electrolytes -- Nutrition -- Pediatric Anesthesiology -- Procedural Sedation -- Postoperative Neonatal and Pediatric Critical Care -- Disorders of Clotting -- Epidemiology of Trauma -- Injury Prevention and Safety -- Non-accidental Trauma -- Initial Trauma Assessment -- Pathophysiology of Brain Injury -- Algorithm of Treatment for Head Trauma -- Thoracic Trauma -- Abdominal Trauma -- Traumatic Spinal Injury in Children -- Burns -- Pelvic Fractures -- Common Pediatric Fractures -- Necrotizing Enterocolitis -- Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia -- Esophageal Atresia and Tracheoesophageal Fistula -- Pyloric Stenosis -- Duodenal Atresia -- Intestinal Atresia -- Hirschsprung's Disease -- Malrotation -- Gastroschisis -- Omphalocele -- Imperforate Anus and Cloaca -- Congenital Lung Malformations -- Meconium Plug Syndrome and Meconium Ileus -- Hypospadias -- Disorders of Sexual Differentiation -- Biliary Atresia -- Inguinal Hernia/Hydrocele -- Umbilical Hernia -- Intussusception -- Foreign Body Ingestion and Aspiration -- Branchial Cleft Remnants -- Choledochal Cyst -- Thyroglossal Duct Cyst -- Renal Duplication Anomalies -- Cryptorchidism -- Vesicoureteral Reflux -- Megaureter -- Ureteropelvic Junction Obstruction -- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease -- Gastrointestinal Bleeding -- Vascular Rings and Slings -- Lymphadenopathy -- Appendicitis -- Hereditary Spherocytosis -- Idiopathic Thrombocytopenic Purpura -- Thrombotic Thrombocytopenic Purpura -- Sickle Cell Anemia -- Gynecomastia -- Pectus Deformity -- Imperforate Hymen -- Inflammatory Bowel Disease -- Multiple Endocrine Neoplasia Syndromes -- Thyroid Nodules -- Breast Nodules -- Adrenal Tumors -- Pancreatitis -- Gallbladder Disease -- Varicocele -- Acute Scrotum -- Pediatric Urolithiasis -- Wilms' Tumor -- Neuroblastoma -- Hepatoblastoma -- Leukemia -- Rhabdomyosarcoma -- Parenteral Access -- Enteral Access -- Chest Tube -- Scoliosis Exposure -- Hydrocephalus: Ventricular Shunts and Endoscopy -- Circumcision -- Patent Ductus Arteriosus Ligation -- Tracheostomy -- Note Templates -- Common Medications -- Vaccination Schedule -- Developmental Milestones.
- Pediatric surgery. 7th ed. 2012, ScienceDirectFulltext ClinicalKeyV.1. Pages 1-768 -- v.2. pages 769-1738.
- Pediatric thoracic surgery 2013, SpringerThe past two decades have witnessed a technological revolution in surgery, leading to the widespread application of minimally invasive techniques. Such techniques have had a profound impact on the diagnosis and therapy of thoracic disorders, including in the pediatric age group. This book is intended as a practical guide to the current approaches in pediatric thoracic surgery. Up-to-date information is provided on the surgical techniques employed for diagnosis and therapy in a wide range of congenital and acquired thoracic pathologies from the prenatal age to adolescence. Among the disorders considered in detail are cystic malformations of the lung, chest wall deformities, diaphragmatic hernias, esophageal anomalies, mediastinal tumors, laryngeal anomalies, and thoracic infections. The authors are distinguished experts in the field from across the world. Pediatric Thoracic Surgery will be of value not only for pediatric thoracic surgeons but also for adult thoracic surgeons, pediatric anesthetists, and pediatric respiratory physicians.
- Pediatric thoracic surgery 2009, Springer
- Pelvic floor disorders. Surgical approach 2014, Springer
- Penetrating trauma a practical guide on operative technique and peri-operative management 2012, SpringerPart 1: Prehospital care, diagnostic tools and resuscitation strategies -- Part 2: Surgical strategies in Penetrating Trauma to Head, Face, and Neck -- Part 3: Surgical Strategies in Penetrating Trauma to the Chest -- Part 4: Surgical Strategies in Penetrating Trauma to the Abdomen and Pelvis -- Part 5: Surgical strategies in Penetrating Trauma and Orthopedic Injuries -- Part 6: Peripheral Arterial Injuries -- Part 7: Other topics.
- Percutaneous treatment of left side cardiac valves a practical guide for the interventional cardiologist 2010, SpringerPercutaneous aortic valve replacement and percutaneous mitral valve repair are emerging alternatives for high-risk patients with severe valve disease. Interventional cardiologists are faced with the challenge represented by this complex procedure. This practical guide specifically deals with a comprehensive knowledge of the techniques and approach to percutaneous treatment of left side cardiac valve disease and discusses the potential complications and expected or potential morbidity from the procedure.
- Percutaneous tumor ablation in medical radiology 2008, Springer
- Perioperative medicine 2011, SpringerRole of the Medical Consultant -- Preoperative Testing -- Perioperative Medication Management -- Perioperative Management of Anticoagulation -- Venous Thromboembolism Prophylaxis -- Prevention of Infective Endocarditis (Bacterial Endocarditis Prophylaxis) -- Surgical Site Infection Prophylaxis -- Anesthesiology for the Nonanesthesiologist -- Abdominal Surgery -- Thoracic Surgery -- Vascular Surgery -- Orthopedic Surgery -- Neurosurgery -- Gynecologic Surgery -- Urologic Surgery -- Bariatric Surgery -- Ophthalmic Surgery -- Otolaryngologic Procedures -- Electroconvulsive Therapy -- Cardiac Disease -- Pulmonary Disease -- Endocrine Disease -- Hematologic Disease -- Cancer -- HIV -- Chronic Kidney Disease -- GI Disease -- Rheumatic Disease -- Neurological Disease -- Psychiatric Conditions -- Substance Abuse -- The Pregnant Surgical Patient -- Postoperative Fever -- Postoperative Hypertension/Hypotension -- Postoperative Arrhythmias -- Perioperative Chest Pain/Dyspnea -- Postoperative Pulmonary Complications -- Postoperative Venous Thromboembolism (DVT and PE) -- Postoperative Fluid, Electrolyte, and Acid/Base Disorders -- Postoperative Renal Failure -- Anemia and Bleeding -- Postoperative Jaundice -- Postoperative Stroke and Seizures -- Postoperative Delirium -- Pain Management.
- Perioperative medicine consult handbook 2013, SpringerPatients with a wide range of medical conditions undergo surgeries of varying levels of risk, and the evolving field of consult medicine aims to address the needs of these patients whether pre- or post-surgery. Creating a differential diagnosis, weighing risks and benefits, providing timely treatment--these skills are equally applicable to the internist whether he or she is in an office or in a perioperative setting. The Perioperative Medicine Consult Handbook provides useful information, advice and guidelines based on a combination of clinical experience and evidence-based medicine. It covers topics in many major clinical areas (anesthesiology, cardiology, pulmonology, gastroenterology, rheumatology, endocrinology, and many others ) and puts critical surgery information at a consult physician's fingertips. This book was originally created by the Medicine Consult Service team at the University of Washington Medical Center and has already gained traction as a handy resource in the field. Now fully updated and expanded with new topics (including substance abuse and obesity), this quick reference is sure to be indispensible for residents and consult physicians alike.
- Perioperative transfusion medicine. 2nd ed. 2006, OvidA history of transfusion / Bruce Spiess and Richard K. Spence -- The contemporary economics of transfusion / Timothy J. Hannon and Kathy Paulson Gjerde -- Blood supplies now and in the future / Mike Fitzpatrick -- Medical ethics, transfusion and the standard of practice / Kenneth Kipnis -- Oxygen transport monitoring: the basis for developing transfusion triggers / Kevin Ward and Ivo Torres Filho -- Physiology of anemia and red blood cell transfusion / Howard Corwin and Paul C. Høbert -- Physiology of hemostasis / Wayne L. Chandler -- Platelet physiology: cellular and protein interactions / Christine S. Rinder -- Iron metabolism and erythopoiesis / Kenneth R. Bridges -- New concepts in oxygen transport / Aryeh Shander, Tanuja S. Rijhwani, and Carmine Gianatiempo -- Infectious risks of transfusion / Eberhard W. Fiebig and Michael P. Busch --Immunomodulation by transfusion / Neil Blumberg and Joanna M. Heal -- Serious acute transfusion reactions / Ira A. Shulman and Aryeh Shander -- A surgeon's guide to blood banking and transfusion medicine / Kimberly W. Sanford and Susan D. Roseff -- Blood storage / Ian Chin-Yee and Richard K. Spence -- Quality control and hospital blood utilization / Kathy Walsh-Kaminsky -- Preoperative autologous donation / F. Mercuriali, G. Inghilleri, and Richard K. Spence -- Erythropoetin therapy / Lawrence T. Goodnough -- Hemoglobin based oxygen carriers / Gregory M.T. Hare and C. David Mazer -- Perfluorocarbon emulsions: artificial gas transport media / Bruce D. Spiess -- Initial resuscitation of the hemorrhaging patient / Richard P. Dutton -- Transfusion and coagulation therapy in trauma and burns / James K. Wright, Harriet W. Hopf, and Lewis J. Kaplan --Acute gastrointestinal bleeding and transfusion management / Richard Peterson, Patricia Parce, and Richard K. Spence -- Coagulation in trauma: dilution and massive transfusion / Richard K. Spence and Anthony Martinez -- Coagulation product use in the perioperative period / Richard K. Spence and Aryeh Shander -- Coagulation monitoring in the perioperative period / Linda Shore-Lesserson and Bruce D. Spiess -- Surgery in patients with acquired platelet and clotting deficiencies / Richard K. Spence and Andrew Green -- Surgery in patients with congenital clotting deficiencies / Richard K. Spence and Andrew Green -- Perioperative implications of anticoagulant and antiplatelet therapy / Jeffrey A. Green -- Pharmacological approaches to prevent or decrease bleeding in surgical patients / Jerrold H. Levy -- Fibrin glue and platelet gel / Bruce Searles and Cody Trowbridge --Anesthesia techniques in blood conservation / Aryeh Shander and Tanuja Rijhwani -- Perioperative red cell salvage and autotransfusion / Jonathan H. Waters -- Intraoperative acute nomovolemic hemodilution / Aryeh Shander and Tanuja S. Rijhwani -- Hypothermia and hemorrhage / Richard P. Dutton -- Surgery in patients with red cell disorders: sickle hemoglobinopathies, polycythemia, and autoimmune hemolytic anemia / Imoigele P. Aisiku -- Surgery in the Jehovah's Witness / Richard K. Spence ... [et al.] -- Coagulation, transfusion, and cardiac surgery / Simon S. Body and David S. Morse -- Blood loss and transfusion alternatives in vascular surgery / Richard K. Spence -- Solid organ transplantation / Nicolas Jabbour, S. Ram Kumar, and Singh Gagandeep -- Blood use in orthopedic surgery / E. Michael Keating and John B. Meding --Blood management in obstetrics and gynecology / Arnold J. Friedman -- Hemorrhage in pediatric patients / Thomas V. Whalen -- Transfusion in oncologic surgery / Patricia A. Ford and Jason Mastoris -- Transfusion and coagulation dysfunction in neurosurgery / Robert S. Graham and J. Chris Zacko -- Transfusion and outcome / Bruce D. Spiess, Richard K. Spence, and Aryeh Shander -- The transfusion decision / Bruce D. Spiess, Richard B. Counts, and Steven A. Gould -- Undertransfusion / Richard K. Spence and Aryeh Shander -- A philosophy of blood management / Aryeh Shander, Richard K. Spence, and Bruce D. Spiess.
- Peripheral, head and neck surgery 2014, SpringerDiagnostic Biopsy Procedures -- Cutaneous Surgery -- Hand Surgery -- Foot Surgery -- Hernia Surgery -- Head and Neck Surgery.
- Phlebology, vein surgery and ultrasonography diagnosis and management of venous disease 2014, Springer
- Pichlmayrs chirurgische Therapie allgemein-, viszeral- und Transplantationschirurgie. 3., völlig neu bearbeitete Aufl. 2006, Springer
- Plastic surgery secrets. 2nd ed. 2010, ClinicalKeyPlastic Surgery Secrets-the first Secrets Seriesʼ title in the PLUS format-offers an easy-to-read, information-at-your-fingertips approach to plastic and reconstructive surgery and hand surgery. Jeffrey Weinzweig has joined forces with world-renowned plastic surgeons Joseph McCarthy, Julia Terzis, Joseph Upton, Fernando Ortiz-Monasterio, and Luis Vasconez, and others to bring you the expert perspective you need to grasp the nuances of this specialty. This new edition features an additional color that highlights tables, legends, key terms, section and chapter titles, and web references. All this, along with the popular question-and answer approach and list of the "Top 100 Plastic Surgery Secrets," make it a perfect concise board review tool and a handy clinical reference. Maintains the popular and trusted Secrets Seriesʼ format, using questions and short answers for effective and enjoyable learning. Provides the most current overview and authoritative coverage of all topics thanks to contributions from an impressive list of over 300 experts in the field of plastic surgery and multiple related specialties.
- Plastic surgery. 3rd ed. 2013, ClinicalKeyFully updated to meet the demands of the 21st-century surgeon, this title provides you with all the most current knowledge and techniques across your entire field, allowing you to offer every patient the best possible outcome. Edited by Drs. Mathes and Hentz in its last edition, this six-volume plastic surgery reference now features new expert leadership, a new organization, new online features, and a vast collection of new information - delivering all the state-of-the-art know-how you need to overcome any challenge you may face. Renowned authorities provide evidence-based guidance to help you make the best clinical decisions, get the best results from each procedure, avoid complications, and exceed your patients' expectations.
- Part 1. The Transition -- Attire -- The Little Black Book -- Communications -- Surgery Suite Etiquette -- The Clinics -- Rounds -- Difficult People -- Documentation -- Presentations -- The Mortality and Morbidity Conference -- The 80-Hour Week -- The Boards -- The Interview -- Medical - Legal -- HIPAA -- Assorted Affairs -- Part 2. The Transition -- The Mentor's Wrap-Up.
- Positional plagiocephaly 2014, Springer
- Positioning techniques in surgical applications thorax and heart surgery, vascular surgery, visceral and transplantation surgery, urology, surgery to the spinal cord and extremities, arthroscopy, paediatric surgery, navigation/ISO-C 3D 2006, Springer
- Posterior intrahepatic approach in liver surgery 2013, SpringerThe objective of The Posterior Intrahepatic Approach in Liver Surgery is to describe techniques, as the more routine application today of split liver, living donor transplantation has continued to teach us more about the anatomy of the liver and its applications. Furthermore, laparoscopic surgery in general has grown space and it is important to show the application of the posterior approach in laparoscopic liver surgery as well.
- Postoperative critical care for cardiac surgical patients 2014, Springer
- Practical carotid artery stenting 2009, Springer
- Practical guide to the Eustachian tube 2014, SpringerThis book, written by international experts, is a detailed guide to the Eustachian tube, with emphasis on those aspects of most relevance to the practitioner. The opening chapters document the clinical anatomy and provide essential information on physiology, with explanation of the new model of tubal mechanics and the use of Eustachian tube function tests. Diagnosis and therapy for the patulous Eustachian tube are then discussed, placing special emphasis on a novel conservative treatment regimen that has proven to be a breakthrough for patients with this clinical syndrome. A further extensive chapter examines overall function of the Eustachian tube, primarily from the middle ear surgeons viewpoint. Tuboplasty procedures, including laser tuboplasty, and tympanoplasty are described, and the implications of different middle ear pathologies for surgical treatment are explained. Conservative treatment of Eustachian tube obstruction and hearing aids for the nonaerated middle ear are also discussed. The previously unpublished treatment methods that are described in this book will be invaluable in ensuring the best possible clinical outcomes.
- Practical handbook for small-gauge vitrectomy a step-by-step introduction to surgical techniques 2012, SpringerSince the development of 23G vitrectomy in 2004, the technique has revolutionized retinal surgery by overcoming a number of the problems associated with 20G and 25G systems and offering significant improvements in surgical capability and fluidics. This important book first discusses the instruments and equipment employed in 23G vitrectomy and then explains, step by step, the various surgical techniques with the aid of informative diagrams and many high-quality photos. In addition, videos are included that document the different procedures, from the straightforward to the demanding. This book will serve as an immensely useful guide for all surgeons who are intending to make use of this exciting and increasingly used technique.
- Upper Extremity -- Clavicle -- Shoulder -- Treatment of non-union of clavicle fracture -- Acromioclavicular Joint Dislocation -- Diagnostic Shoulder Arthroscopy -- Acromioplasty -- Rotator cuff repair (open / arthroscopic) -- Open anterior shoulder stabilisation -- Arthroscopic Shoulder Stabilization -- Arthroscopic Capsular Release for Shoulder Stiffness -- Total shoulder arthroplasty in degenerative osteoarthritis of the shoulder -- Humerus -- Elbow -- Non-unions Of The Humeral Shaft: Open Reduction Plate Fixation And Autologous Bone Graft Augmentation -- Repair of the Ruptured Distal Biceps Tendon -- Ulnar Nerve Transposition -- Lateral Collateral Ligament Reconstruction for Posterolateral Rotatory Instability of the Elbow -- Elbow arthroscopy -- Total Elbow Arthroplasty -- Forearm -- Wrist -- Forearm Non-unions -- Wrist Arthroscopy -- Wrist Arthrodesis -- Scaphoid Non-Union -- Trapezectomy -- Carpal Tunnel Release -- Release of the First Extensor compartment at the Wrist (DeQuervain's decompression) -- Dupuytrens Fasciectomy -- Trigger Finger release -- Tendon transfers for Median Nerve Palsy -- Tendon transfers for Radial Nerve Palsy -- Tendon transfers for Ulnar Nerve Palsy -- Spine -- Cervical Spine -- Surgical technique of Anterior Cervical Discectomy and Fusion (ACDF) -- Lumbar Spine -- Microdiscectomy / Microdecompression for Intra-Spinal Intervertebral Disc Prolapses and Lateral Recess Stenosis -- Lumbar Decompression and Instrumented Fusion -- Spinal Stenosis / Decompression -- Scoliosis -- Posterior Correction of Adolescent Idiopathic Scoliosis (Principles for the posterior correction of spinal curvatures) -- Vertebro / Kyphoplasty -- Surgical technique of Vertebral Cement Augmentation (Vertebro / Kyphoplasty).
- Anal Fissure -- Hemorrhoids -- Anal Abscesses and Fistulae -- Rectovaginal Fistulae -- Sacrococcygeal Pilonidal Sinus -- Tumors of the Rectum and Anus -- Anal Condylomata and Anorectal Stricture -- Obstructed Defecation (OD) and Related Diseases -- Fecal Incontinence -- External Rectal Prolapse.
- Principles and practice of anesthesia for thoracic surgery 2011, Springerpt. 1. Preoperative evaluation -- pt. 2. Thoracic anatomy, physiology, and pharmacology -- pt. 3. Diagnostic and therapeutic procedures of the trachea and airways -- pt. 4. Diagnostic and therapeutic procedures of the mediastinum -- pt. 5. Anesthetic management for intra-thoracic surgery -- pt. 6. Specific patient considerations -- pt. 7. Complex thoracic surgical procedures -- pt. 8. Anesthetic management of uncommon pulmonary procedures -- pt. 9. Anesthesia for surgical procedures for end-stage lung diseases -- pt. 10. Anesthesia for pediatric thoracic surgical procedures -- pt. 11. Trauma -- pt. 12. Post-operative management.
- Principles and practice of geriatric surgery. 2nd ed. 2011, Springer
- Principles and practice of laser dentistry 2011, ClinicalKeyExpand your skills in the rapidly growing field of laser dentistry! Principles and Practice of Laser Dentistry uses a concise, evidence-based approach in describing protocols and procedures. Dr. Robert A. Convissar, a renowned lecturer on this subject, has assembled a diverse panel of international contributors; he₂s also one of the first general dentists to use lasers in his practice. The book covers the history of lasers in dentistry and laser research, plus the use of lasers in periodontics, periodontal surgery, oral pathology, implantology, fixed and removable prosthetics, cosmetic procedures, endodontics, operative dentistry, pediatrics, orthodontics, and oral and maxillofacial surgery. Full-color images show the latest laser technology, surgical techniques, and key steps in patient treatment. Full-color photos and illustrations demonstrate surgical techniques and key teaching points. A Laser Fundamentals chapter describes the physics of lasers and the wavelengths that can produce better outcomes. Introducing Lasers into the Dental Practice chapter provides guidelines on investing in laser technology and in marketing this new procedure. Clinical Tip and Caution boxes include advice and alerts that can only be offered by a seasoned practitioner of 27 years.
- Principles and practice of pediatric surgery 2005, OvidSect I. Basic considerations -- Part A. Scientific principles -- Part B. Trauma -- Part C. Oncology -- Part D. Transplantation -- Sect. II. Surgical practice -- Part A. Head and neck -- Part B. Thorax -- Part C. Abdomen and abdominal wall defects -- Part D. Intestine -- Part E. Colon -- Part F. Liver, biliary Tract, and pancreas -- Part G. Spleen -- Part H. Urinary and genital systems -- Part I. Vascular system -- Part J. Musculoskeletal system -- Part K. Skin and soft tissue -- Part L. Central nervous system / Herbert Edgar Fuchs -- Part M. Conjoined Twins / John H.T. Waldhausen - Index.
- Principles and practice of stereotactic radiosurgery 2008, SpringerPart I. The fundamentals -- The history of stereotactic radiosurgery / Michael Schulder and Vaibhav Patil -- Neuroimaging in radiosurgery treatment planning and follow-up evaluation / Clark C. Chen, Paul H. Chapman, Hanne Kooy, and Jay S. Loeffler -- Techniques of stereotactic radiosurgery / Chris Heller, Cheng Yu, and Michael L.J. Apuzzo -- Part II. Radiation biology and physics -- The physics of stereotactic radiosurgery / Siyong Kim and Jatinder Palta -- Radiobiological principles underlying stereotactic radiation therapy / David J. Brenner -- Experimental radiosurgery models / Ajay Niranjan and Douglas Kondziolka -- Treatment planning for stereotactic radiosurgery / David M. Shepard ... [et al.] -- Designing, building and installing a stereotactic radiosurgery unit / Lijun Ma and Martin Murphy.Part III. Stereotactic radiosurgery techniques -- Gamma knife radiosurgery / Ajay Niranjan ... [et al.] -- Linear accelerator radiosurgery / William A. Friedman -- Proton beam radiosurgery: physical bases and clinical experience / Georges Noel ... [et al.] -- Robotics and radiosurgery / Cesare Giorgi and Antonio Cossu -- CyberKnife radiosurgery / John R. Adler Jr., Alexander Muacevic, and Pantaleo Romanelli.Part IV. Treatment of disease types --Brain metastases / John H. Suh, Gene H. Barnett, and William F. Regine -- Metastatic brain tumors: surgery perspective / Raymond Sawaya and David M. Wildrick -- Brain metastases: whole-brain radiation therapy perspective / Roy A. Patchell and William F. Regine -- High-grade gliomas / David Roberge and Luis Souhami -- Malignant glioma: chemotherapy perspective / Roger Stupp and J. Gregory Cairncross -- Meningioma / Carlos A. Mattozo and Antonio A.F. de Salles -- Meningioma: surgery perspective / Lawrence S. Chin, Pulak Ray, and John Caridi -- Intracranial meningioma: fractionated radiation therapy perspective / Leland Rogers, Dennis Shrieve, and Arie Perry -- Meningioma: systemic therapy perspective / Steven Grunberg -- Acoustic Schwannoma / William M. Mendenhall ... [et al.] -- Acoustic neuroma: surgical perspective / Indro Chakrabarti and Steven L. Giannotta -- Acoustic neuromas and other benign tumors: fractionated stereotactic radiotherapy perspective / David W. Andres, Greg Bednarz, Beverly Downes, and Maria Werner-Wasik -- Pituitary tumors / Kintomo Takakura, Motohiro Hayashi, and Masahiro Izawa -- Pituitary adenomas: surgery perspective / William T. Couldwell and Martin H. Weiss -- Pituitary and pituitary region tumors: fractionated radiation therapy perspective / Jonathan P.S. Knisely and Paul W. Sperduto -- Pituitary and pituitary region tumors: medical therapy perspective / Mansur E. Shomali -- Pediatric radiosurgery / Andrew Reisner, Nicholas J. Szerlip, and Lawrence S. Chin -- Pediatric brain tumors: conformal radiation therapy perspective / Thomas E. Merchant -- Pediatric brain tumors: chemotherapy perspective / Amar Gajjar.Pineal region tumors / Gregory P. Lekovic and Andrew G. Shetter -- Pineal region tumors: surgery perspective / Alfred T. Ogden and Jeffrey N. Bruce -- Pineal tumors: fractionated radiation therapy perspective / Steven E. Schild -- Pineal region tumors: chemotherapy perspective / Barry Meisenberg and Lavanya Yarlagadda -- Skull base tumors / Stefanie Milker-Zabel, Young Kwok, and Jürgen Debus -- Skull base tumors: surgery perspective / James K. Liu, Oren N. Gottfried, and William T. Couldwell -- Skull base tumors: fractionated stereotactic radiotherapy perspective / René-Olivier Mirimanoff and Alessia Pica -- Head and neck tumors / Daniel T.T. Chua, Jonathan Sham, Kwan-Ngai Hung, and Lucullus Leung -- Head and neck tumors: surgery perspective / Gregory Y. Chin and Uttam K. Sinha -- Head and neck malignancies: chemotherapy and radiation perspective / Mohan Suntharalingam, Kathleen Settle, and Kevin J. Cullen -- Spinal tumors / Robert L. Dodd, Iris Gibbs, John R. Adler Jr., and Steven D. Chang -- Spine tumors: surgery perspective / Gabriel Zada and Michael Y. Wang -- Spinal metastases: fractionated radiation therapy perspective / Eric L. Chang and Almon S. Shiu -- Arteriovenous malformation / Bruce E. Pollock -- Arteriovenous malformations: surgery perspective / Ricardo J. Komotar, Elena Vera J. Mocco, E. Sander Connolly Jr. -- Cerebral arteriovenous malformations: endovascular therapy perspective / Felipe C. Albuquerque, David Fiorella, and Cameron G. McDougall.Cavernous malformations and other vascular diseases / Ajay Niranjan ... [et al.] -- Cerebral cavernous malformations: surgical perspective / Robert L. Dodd and Gary K. Steinberg -- Cavernous malformations and other vascular abnormalities: observation-alone perspective / Sepideh Amin-Hanjani and Frederick G. Barker II -- Trigeminal neuralgia / Lawrence S. Chin, Shilpen Patel, Thoms Mattingly, and Young Kwok -- Trigeminal neuralgia: surgical perspective / David B. Cohen, Michael Y. Oh, and Peter J. Jannetta -- Trigeminal neuralgia: medical management perspective / Neil C. Porter -- Movement disorder / Sangjin Oh, Ajay Niranjan, and William J. Weiner -- Movement disorders: deep-brain stimulation perspective / John Y.K. Lee, Joshua M. Rosenow, and Ali R. Rezai -- Movement disorder: medical perspective / Sangjin Oh and William J. Weiner -- Psychiatric and pain disorders / Jason Sheehan, Nader Pouratian, Charles Sansur -- Intractable epilepsies / Jean Régis, Fabrice Bartolomei, and Patrick Chauvel -- Epilepsy: surgery perspective / Keith G. Davies and Edward Ahn -- Ocular and orbital lesions / Gabriela Šimonavá, Roman Lisčák, and Josef Novotný Jr. -- Stereotactic body radiation therapy / Laura A. Dawson -- Stereotactic body radiation therapy: fractionated radiation therapy perspective / Gordon W. Wong, Rafael R. Mañon, Wolfgang Tomé, and Minesh Mehta -- Stereotactic body radiation therapy: brachytherapy perspective / Caroline L. Holloway, Desmond O'Farrell, and Phillip M. Devlin.Part V. Patient care and socioeconomic issues -- Complications and management in radiosurgery / Isaac Yang, Penny K. Sneed, David A. Larson, and Michael W. McDermott -- Cost-effectiveness and quality of life / Minesh Mehta and May N. Tsao -- Regulatory and reimbursement aspects of radiosurgery / Rebecca Emerick -- Medicolegal issues in stereotactic radiosurgery / April Strang-Kutay -- The semantics of stereotactic radiation therapy / Louis Potters -- Building a radiosurgery program / N. Scott Litofsky and Andrea D'Agostino-Demers -- Patient care in stereotactic radiosurgery / Terri F. Biggins.
- Principles and practice of surgery. 6th ed. 2012, ClinicalKeyMetabolic response to injury, fluid and electrolyte balance and shock -- Transfusion of blood components and plasma products -- Nutritional support in surgical patients -- Infections and antibiotics -- Ethics, preoperative considerations, anaesthesia and analgesia -- Trauma and multiple injury -- Practical procedures and patient investigation -- Postoperative care and complications -- Day surgery -- The abdominal wall and hernia -- The acute abdomen and intestinal obstruction -- The oesophagus, stomach and duodenum -- The liver and biliary tract -- The pancreas and spleen -- The small and large intestine -- The anorectum -- Plastic and reconstructive surgery -- The breast -- Endocrine surgery -- Vasucla and endovascular surgery -- Cardiothoracic surgey -- Neurosurgery -- Transplantation surgery -- Ear, nose and throat surgery -- Orthopaedic surgery.
- Principles of cancer reconstructive surgery 2008, SpringerPlastic surgery: a component in the comprehensive care of cancer patients -- The principles of cancer reconstruction -- Breast reconstruction: timing and coordination with adjuvant therapy -- Breast reconstruction: autogenous tissue -- Breast reconstruction: implant and nipple reconstruction -- Skin cancer and reconstruction -- Lip, cheek, and scalp reconstruction -- Reconstruction of mandible, maxilla, and skull base -- Pharynx, cervical esophagus, and oral cavity reconstruction -- Concepts in nasal reconstruction -- Extremity reconstruction -- Abdominal wall tumors and their reconstruction -- Reconstruction of the intra-abdominal pelvis and the perineum -- Management of chemotherapeutic agent extravasation and radiation therapy adverse effects.
- Principles of metabolic surgery 2012, SpringerFor physicians and surgeons entrusted with the care of patients with morbid obesity and related diseases; also for nurses and other professionals on the team. âPrinciples of Metabolic Surgeryâ delivers a succinct account of current knowledge and an excellent overview of modern treatment strategies for morbid obesity. Attractively designed, this user-friendly textbook provides the latest on therapy, monitoring, and management, including: -Completely up-to-date coverage of modern metabolic surgery -Current understanding of the pathophysiology of morbid obesity -Current clinical therapy strategies for conservative and surgical approaches -Recent references In concise, readable chapters, this well-illustrated textbook outlines major concerns and considerations surrounding metabolic surgery. With respect to new insights from basic and clinical research, clear guidelines and practical clinical advice are given to improve the outcome of treatment for morbid obesity.
- Principles of nasal reconstruction. 2nd ed. 2011, Springer
- 1. Introduction to the Operating Room -- 2. Anatomy of Intraoperative Monitoring -- 3. Cellular Neurophysiology -- 4. Electrophysiology and Bioinstrumentation -- 5. Anesthesiology and Intraoperative Electrophysiological Monitoring -- 6. Somatosensory Evoked Potential Monitoring -- 7. Motor Evoked Potentials -- 8. Electromyography (EMG) -- 9. Brainstem Auditory Evoked Potentials -- 10. Electroencephalography -- 11. The H-Reflex and F-Response -- 12. Monitoring Procedures of the Spine -- 13. Intraoperative Monitoring for Surgery of the Spinal Cord and Cauda Equina -- 14. Monitoring Posterior Fossa Craniotomies -- 15. Intraoperative Monitoring for Carotid Endarterectomy -- 16. Monitoring for ENT Procedures -- 17. Peripheral Nerve Monitoring -- 18. Intraoperative Cortical Mapping: Basic Concepts, Indications, and Anesthesia Considerations -- 19. Neurological Assessment and Correlation in Spinal Cord Nerve Root Pathology -- 20. Electrophysiological Assessment of Spinal Cord Pathology in Pain Medicine -- 21. Spinal Cord Stimulation: Principles and Applications -- 22. New Vistas: Small-Pain-Fibers Method of Testing for Spinal Cord Assessment in Pain States.
- Principles of pulmonary protection in heart surgery 2010, SpringerAnatomy of the lungs -- Respiratory physiology -- Histological features of lungs -- Cellular and molecular aspects of lung function, its control and regulation -- Imaging evaluation of the thorax -- Endothelial protection during heart surgery and lung transplantation -- Vascular endothelial growth factor and pulmonary injury -- Aprotinin decreases lung reperfusion injury and dysfunction -- Effects of prostaglandin E1 and nitroglycerin on lung preservation -- Endothelin and ischemia-reperfusion injury -- L-arginine and ischemia-reperfusion injury -- The role of nitric oxide in pulmonary ischemia-reperfusion injury -- Activity of glutathione-related enzymes in ischemia and reperfusion injury -- Heart histopathology in ischemia-reperfusion injury -- Beating heart surgery and pulmonary ischemia and reperfusion injury -- Mechanisms of pulmonary edema -- Idiopathic pulmonary hypertension: new challenges -- Chronic thromboembolic pulmonary hypertension and pulmonary endarterectomy -- Eisenmenger syndrome -- Disseminated intravascular coagulation in cardiac surgery -- Pulmonary arterial hypertension -- The extracorporeal circulation circuit versus bioengineering biomaterials -- Ischemic preconditioning and lung preservation -- Impact of cardiopulmonary bypass on pulmonary hemodynamic variables --Impact of cardiopulmonary bypass on gas exchange features -- Pulmonary energy metabolism and multiple inflammatory repercussions -- Benefits of ultrafiltration for pulmonary function -- Principles of pulmonary protections during heart surgery: benefits of hemofiltration for pulmonary function -- Determining hemodynamic parameters -- Extracorporeal circuit pathways for lung perfusion -- Hemodynamic performance -- Quality of gas exchange -- Inflammatory cell markers -- Cytokines and cellular adhesion molecules -- Macroscopical and microscopical findings -- Continuous or intermittent lung perfusion with arterial or venous blood -- Lung perfusion and mechanical ventilation -- Pulmonary hemodynamic profile and natriuretic peptides -- Low-frequency mechanical ventilation during cardiopulmonary bypass -- Inhaled carbon monoxide as an experimental therapeutic strategy of lung protection during cardiopulmonary bypass -- Lung perfusion and coronary artery bypass grafting -- Lung perfusion in clinical mitral valve surgery -- Lung perfusion in clinical aortic surgery -- Lung perfusion in clinical heart-lung surgery: congenital heart disease surgery -- Retrograde pulmonary perfusion for pulmonary thromboembolism -- Lung perfusion in clinical heart-lung transplantation -- Principles of pulmonary protection during heart surgery -- Lung perfusion: reflections and perspectives.
- Putterman's cosmetic oculoplastic surgery. 4th ed. 2008, ClinicalKeyDemonstrates a wealth of new procedures and provides fresh approaches from new leading authorities representing the various aesthetic specialties, including from plastic surgery, oculoplastic surgery, and dermatology, and new illustrations that help to update and enhance operative skills. A a new bonus DVD includes intraoperative videos that demonstrates how to perform a variety of key techniques, step by step.
- Quick answers surgery 2010, AccessSurgeryA diagnostic index of over 100 symptoms and signs.
- Quick reference handbook for surgical pathologists 2011, Springer
- Radioguided surgery a comprehensive team approach 2008, SpringerPart I. Chemistry and Physics -- Radiopharmaceuticals for Radioguided Surgery / Esteban Obenaus, Paola A. Erba, Marco Chinol, Christophe Van de Wiele and Gyozo A. Janoki, et al. -- Physical Performance Parameters of Intraoperative Probes / Carlo Chiesa, Francesca Toscano, Mario Mariani and Emilio Bombardieri -- Positron-Sensitive Probes / Schlomo Schneebaum, Richard Essner and Einat Even-Sapir -- Gamma Ray Imaging Probes for Radioguided Surgery and Site-Directed Biopsy / Francesco Scopinaro and Alessandro Soluri -- Radiation Protection in Radioguided Surgery / Edwin C. Glass and Wendy A. Waddington -- Training and Credentialing for Radioguided Surgery / Eric D. Whitman -- Part II. Sentinel Lymph Nodes -- The Anatomy and Physiology of Lymphatic Circulation / Preya Ananthakrishnan, Giuliano Mariani, Luciano Moresco and Armando E. Giuliano -- The Role of Lymph Node Staging for Clinical Decision Making in Patients with Solid Cancers / Fausto Badellino, Ilaria Pastina, Elisa Borsò, Sergio Ricci and H. William Strauss, et al. -- Sentinel Lymph Node Biopsy in Patients with Breast Cancer / Charles E. Cox, John M. Cox, Giuliano Mariani, Caren E.G. Wilkie and Laura B. White, et al. -- Sentinel Lymph Node Biopsy in Cutaneous Melanoma / Jeffrey E. Gershenwald, Roger F. Uren, Giuliano Mariani and John F. Thompson -- Dynamic Sentinel Lymph Node Biopsy in Penile Carcinoma / Simon Horenblas, Bin K. Kroon, Renato A. Valdés Olmos and Omgo E. Nieweg -- Sentinel Lymph Node Biopsy in Cancer of the Head and Neck / Luca Calabrese, David Soutar, Jochen Werner, Roberto Bruschini and Concetta De Cicco, et al. -- Sentinel Lymph Node Biopsy in Gynecologic Malignancies / Emilio Bombardieri, Marco Maccauro, Rosanna Fontanelli, Francesco Raspagliesi and Giovanni Paganelli -- Sentinel Lymph Node Biopsy in Cancers of the Gastrointestinal Tract / Yuko Kitagawa, Sukamal Saha and Masaki Kitajima --Sentinel Lymph Node Biopsy in Prostatic Cancer / Alexander Winter, Harry Vogt, Dorothea Weckermann, Rolf Harzmann and Friedhelm Wawroschek -- Radioguided Biopsy of the Sentinel Lymph Node in Patients with Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer / Giuseppe Boni, Gianpiero Manca, Franca M. A. Melfi, Marco Lucchi and Alfredo Mussi, et al. -- Sentinel Lymph Node Biopsy in Thyroid Cancer / Massimo Salvatori, Domenico Rubello, Michael J. O'Doherty, Maria Rosa Pelizzo and Giuliano Mariani -- Histopathology of Sentinel Lymph Nodes / Giuseppe Viale, Giovanni Mazzarol and Eugenio Maiorano -- Frozen Section and Imprint Cytology in Sentinel Lymph Node Biopsy for Breast Cancer / Santo V. Nicosia and Charles E. Cox -- Molecular Assessment of Sentinel Lymph Nodes / Farin Amersi, Armando E. Giuliano and Dave S.B. Hoon -- Part III. Occult Lesion Localization -- Where It All Began: The Heritage of Radioimmunoguided Surgery / Fausto Badellino, Mario Roselli, Marzio Perri, Fiorella Guadagni and Giuliano Mariani -- Radioguided Occult Lesion Localization in the Breast / Giovanni Paganelli, Concetta De Cicco, Giovanna Gatti and Alberto Luini -- Minimally Invasive Radioguided Parathyroidectomy in Primary Hyperparathyroidism / James Norman, Domenico Rubello, Armando E. Giuliano and Giuliano Mariani -- Radioguided Surgery of Neuroendocrine Tumors / Richard P. Baum, Sergio Sandrucci and Stefan Adams -- Radioguided Surgery of Solitary Pulmonary Nodules / Giuseppe Boni, Franca M. A. Melfi, Gianpiero Manca, Marco Lucchi and Alfredo Mussi, et al. -- Radioguided Surgery of Occult Lesions in Patients with Thyroid Cancer / Domenico Rubello, Massimo Salvatori, Maria Rosa Pelizzo, Giuseppe Boni and Giuliano Mariani -- Radioguided Bone Lesion Localization / Gianpiero Manca, Giuliano Mariani and Lary A. Robinson.
- Radiology for surgeons in clinical practice 2008, Springer
- Radiology of the post surgical abdomen 2012, SpringerIntroduction to the Post Surgical Abdomen / Alan G. Chalmers, David Macafee, Damian J. M. Tolan and John Brittenden -- The Esophagus / Damian J. M. Tolan, Keith M. Harris, Deepak Prasad and Samir P. Mehta -- The Stomach and Duodenum / Damian J. M. Tolan, Keith M. Harris, Deepak Prasad and Samir P. Mehta -- The Pancreas / Krishna Menon, John Brittenden, Simon McPherson, Nikhil M. Bhuskute and Andrew Smith -- The Biliary Tree / Vamshi P. Jagadesham, Maria Sheridan, J. Peter A. Lodge and John Brittenden -- The Liver / J. Ashley Guthrie, Hajamohideen M. Salahudeen and J. Peter A. Lodge -- The Small Bowel / James C. Lenton, Adeshina S. Fawole, John Brittenden and Damian J. M. Tolan -- The Colon / Chris Macklin, John Brittenden, David Jayne and Damian J. M. Tolan -- Genitourinary System / Christopher Wilkinson.
- Radial Forearm Flap -- Lateral Arm Flap -- Anterolateral Thigh / Vastus Lateralis Flap -- Latissimus Dorsi Flap -- Scapular Flap -- Fibular Flap -- Klaus-Dietrich Wolff and Frank Hölzle -- Iliac Crest Bone Flap -- Perforator Flaps -- Anterolateral Thigh Perforator Flap -- Soleus Perforator Flap -- Deep Inferior Epigastric Artery Perforator Flap.
- World-renowned surgeon Dr. Mark S. Myerson returns with a Second Edition of Reconstructive Foot and Ankle Surgery. This surgical technique reference delivers step-by-step guidance on the essential elements of complex foot and ankle surgery and is packed with full-color illustrations, pearls, and pitfalls. New chapters focus on the complications management of complications, aimed to help you select the right procedure for challenging conditions to ensure optimal outcomes. Learn from one of the very best - world-renowned surgeon Dr. Mark S. Myerson shares his innovative approaches to the reconstructive surgical techniques and complications management most frequently seen in practice. Quickly reference essential topics with a templated, focused format emphasizing procedures rather than basic science.
- Reconstructive surgery of the rectum, anus and perineum 2013, SpringerReconstructive Surgery of the Rectum, Anus and Perineum provides the reader with a didactic discussion of complex problems which require re-operative surgery; including details of preoperative investigation, postoperative follow-up and a detailed operative approach. This comprehensive and detailed text uses a formulated algorithm approach to these complicated cases using operative photographs and composite explanatory line drawings which complement 'how-to' guides in describing the operative technical tips and pitfalls from experienced commentators. Reconstructive Surgery of the Rectum, Anus and Perineum, is written by leading world experts in the field of colorectal surgery and is a valuable and timely resource for colorectal surgeons and colorectal trainees alike. In addition, general surgeons will be interested in the specialist nature of dealing with difficult colorectal complications dealt with in this unique textbook.
- Recurrent hernia prevention and treatment 2007, Springer
- Redo cardiac surgery in adults. 2nd ed. 2012, Springer
- Reduced port laparoscopic surgery 2014, Springer
- Reducing mortality in the perioperative period 2014, SpringerThis book describes the techniques, strategies, and drugs that have been demonstrated by well-documented randomized trials to influence survival in the perioperative setting. It takes into consideration all types of adult surgery and will be relevant to the evaluation of any patient undergoing an operative procedure. Each chapter focuses on a specific procedure, device, or drug. The scope is accordingly wide, with coverage of topics as diverse as chlorhexidine oral rinse, clonidine therapy, insulin infusion, intra-aortic balloon pump support, leukodepletion, neuraxial anesthesia, and noninvasive respiratory support, to name but a few. In addition, the risks and benefits of using a web-based consensus process (as in this book) to identify effective means of reducing perioperative mortality are discussed. The clear text is supported by "how to do" sections and "key points" boxes that provide easily accessible practical information. Written by acknowledged international experts, Reducing Mortality in the Perioperative Period will be of interest for a wide variety of specialists, including surgeons, cardiologists, anesthesiologists, and intensivists.
- Reducing risks and complications of interventional pain procedures 2012, ClinicalKeyComplications of Spinal Cord Stimulation -- Complications of Peripheral Nerve Stimulation : Open Technique, Percutaneous Technique, and Peripheral Nerve Field Stimulation -- Complications of Cranial Nerve Stimulation -- Avoidance, Recognition, and Treatment of Complications in Cranial Neuromodulation for Pain -- Complications of Intrathecal Drug Delivery Systems -- Complications of Therapeutic Minimally Invasive Intradiscal Procedures -- Complications Related to Radiofrequency Procedures for the Treatment of Chronic Pain -- Complications of Lumbar Spine Fusion Surgery -- Complications of Nucleus Replacement and Motion-Sparing Technologies -- Complications of Spinal Injections and Surgery for Disc Herniation -- Radiation Safety and Complications of Fluoroscopy, Ultrasonography, and Computed Tomography -- Complications Associated with Head and Neck Blocks, Upper Extremity Blocks, Lower Extremity Blocks, and Differential Diagnostic Blocks -- Complications of Epidural Injections -- Complications of Facet Joint Injections and Medial Branch Blocks -- Complications of Radiofrequency Rhizotomy for Facet Syndrome -- Complications of Sacroiliac Joint Injection and Lateral Branch Blocks, Including Water-Cooled Rhizotomy -- Complications of Percutaneous Vertebral Augmentation : Vertebroplasty and Kyphoplasty -- Complications of Intraarticular Joint Injections and Musculoskeletal Injections.
- Refractive surgery. 2nd ed. 2007, ClinicalKey1.Terminology, classification and history --2.Corneal would healing following refractive surgery --3.Refractive surgery revealed through in vivo confocal microscopy --4.Ocular surface diseases of importance to the refractive surgeon --5.Ocular and systemic diseases associated with ametropia --6.Patient evaluation for refractive surgery --7.Physiological optics for keratorefractive surgery --8.Corneal topography --9.Wavefront analysis --10.Laser and mechanical microkeratomes --11.Excimer lasers --12.LASIK for myopia, hyperopia and astigmatism --13.Custom LASIK --14.LASIK complications and their management --15.Photorefractive keratectomy (PTK) --16.LASIK --17.Epi-LASIK --18.Phototherapeutic keratectomy (PTK) --19.Intralamellar phototherapeutic keratectomy --20.LASIK and TopoLink for irregular astigmatism --21.Pachymetry-assisted laser keratopolasty --22.Radial keratomy --23.The incisional management of astigmatism --24.Conductive keratoplasty (CK) --25.Laser thermokeratooplasty for hyperopia and astigmatism --26.The intrastromal corneal ring for the correction of myopia and keratoconus --27.Intracorneal alloplastic inclusions and femtosecond laser lamellar surgery --28.Epikeratoplasty --29.Orthokeratology --30.Preoperative evaluation for phakic IOL surgery --31.Phakic IOL power calculations --32.Angle-supported phakic IOLs --33.Iris-fixated phakic intraocular lenses --34.Posterior chamber phakic intraocular lens --35.Complications of phakic intraocular lenses --36.Scleral expansion and anterior ciliary sclerotomy --37.Monovision and near vision conductive keratoplasty --38Multifocal corneal surgery for presbyopia --39.Multifocal intraocular lenses --40.Refractive surgical procedures to restore accommodation --41.Accommodating intraocular lenses --42.Combined refractive surgical procedures --43.Refractive surgery in systemic disease and after ocular surgery --44.IOL calculations after keratorefractive surgery --45.Postkeratoplasty astigmatism: etiology, management and femtosecond laser applications.
- Reoperative pediatric surgery 2008, Springer
- Reoperative pelvic surgery 2009, Springer
- Retina. 5th ed. v.1-3, 2013, ClinicalKeyUnequalled in scope, depth, and clinical precision, Retina, 5th Edition keeps you at the forefront of today's new technologies, surgical approaches, and diagnostic and therapeutic options for retinal diseases and disorders. Comprehensively updated to reflect everything you need to know regarding retinal diagnosis, treatment, development, structure, function, and pathophysiology, this monumental ophthalmology reference work equips you with expert answers to virtually any question you may face in practice. Benefit from the extensive knowledge and experience of esteemed editor Dr. Stephen Ryan, five expert co-editors, and a truly global perspective from 358 other world authorities across Europe, Asia, Australasia the Americas.Examine and evaluate the newest diagnostic technologies and approaches that are changing the management of retinal disease, including future technologies which will soon become the standard.Put the very latest scientific and genetic discoveries, diagnostic imaging methods, drug therapies, treatment recommendations, and surgical techniques to work in your practice.
- Anatomical Aspects of the Extra- and Retroperitoneal Space / Ahmed E. Ghazi and Jean V. Joseph -- Essential Instruments in Laparoscopic and Robotic Surgery / Ty T. Higuchi and Matthew T. Gettman -- Upper Tract Retroperitoneal Access Techniques / Ahmed E. Ghazi and Jean V. Joseph -- Laparoscopic and Robotic Adrenalectomy / Edmund Y. Ko, Richard T. Schlinkert and Mitchell R. Humphreys -- Retroperitoneoscopic Simple and Radical Nephrectomy / Guillaume Ploussard, Andras Hoznek, Laurent Salomon, Claude C. Abbou and Alexandre de la Taille -- Laparoscopic and Robotic Partial Nephrectomy / Lori M. Dulabon and Michael D. Stifelman -- Retroperitoneal Robotic Partial Nephrectomy / James R. Porter -- Laparoscopic and Robotic Mid and Distal Ureteral Reconstructive Surgery / Alireza Moinzadeh -- Robot-Assisted Laparoscopic Nephroureterectomy / Sijo J. Parekattil, Hany N. Atalah and Li-Ming Su -- Laparoscopic Pelvic Lymphadenectomy in Prostate Cancer / Evangelos Liatsikos, Minh Do, Panagiotis Kallidonis, Iason Kyriazis and Alan McNeil, et al. -- Laparoscopic Simple Prostatectomy / Xavier Cathelineau, Rafael E. Sanchez-Salas, Eric Barret, Francois Rozet and Marc Galiano, et al. -- Extraperitoneal Laparoscopic Radical Prostatectomy / Sarah P. Psutka and Douglas M. Dahl -- Robot-Assisted Extraperitoneal Laparoscopic Prostatectomy / Thomas T. Hoang, Satya B. Allaparthi and Ingolf A. Tuerk -- Laparoendoscopic Single-Site Retroperitoneal Surgery / Michael A. White and Jihad H. Kaouk -- On the Horizon / Jean V. Joseph and Hitendra R. H. Patel.
- Revision ACL reconstruction indications and technique 2014, SpringerAlthough anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) reconstruction has a high success rate, a substantial number of patients are left with unsatisfactory results. Revision ACL Reconstruction: Indications and Technique provides detailed strategies for planning and executing revision ACL reconstructions. Concise chapters by a leading group of international orthopedic surgeons cover the diagnosis of failed ACL reconstruction, patient evaluation, preoperative planning for revision ACL surgery, and complex technical considerations.
- Rhinology and facial plastic surgery 2009, Springer
- Rhinoplasty 2012, ClinicalKeySurgical Anatomy and Physiology of the Nose -- Patient Assessment for Rhinoplasty -- Dynamics of Rhinoplasty -- Primary Rhinoplasty -- Variations in Nasal Osteotomy : Consequences and Technical Nuances -- Tip Sutures -- Achieving Optimal Tip Projection -- Elongation of the Short Nose -- Correction of the Overprojected Nose -- Rhinoplasty on Patients with Cleft Lip Nose Deformity -- Correction of Alar Rim Deformities -- Alar Base Surgery -- Controlling the Nostril Size -- Rhinoplasty and Time Element -- Correcting the Nasal Deformity Resulting from Cocaine Insufflation -- Rhinoplasty in Patients with Thick Skin -- Correcting Deviated Noses, Septoplasty and Turbinectomy -- Rhinoplasty and Ethnicity -- Secondary Rhinoplasty -- Prevention and Management of Rhinoplasty Complications -- Rhinogenic Migraine Headaches.
- Risk, liability and malpractice what every plastic surgeon needs to know 2011, ClinicalKey"Risk, Liability and Malpractice: What Every Plastic Surgeon Need To Know" is your indispensable guide to maintaining a reputable, safe, successful plastic surgery practice. Authors Phil Haeck, MD and Mark Gorney, MD, two of the best-known and most trusted authorities on this subject, discuss every issue you need to consider, from which procedures carry the highest risk through claims arising from Medi-Spas and unique aspects of providing aesthetic surgery for male patients. Written in a concise and easy-to-read style, this is the book you need to make wise clinical and practice decisions, manage your patients' expectations, avoid complications, and deliver satisfying results. Effectively navigate your toughest legal issues! Must-read chapters include "The Most Risky Procedures in Plastic Surgery," "Claims Arising From Medi-Spas," and "The Unique Aspects of The Male Patient and Aesthetic Surgery." Get advice you can trust! Phil Haeck, MD has been writing Plastic Surgery News's "On Legal Grounds" column for more than five years and is the 2011/2012 president of ASPS. Mark Gorney, MD, a former ASPS president, is a founding member of The Doctors Company, now the country's largest malpractice insurance carrier, and has taught the basics in risk management to thousands of his colleagues. Read it quickly and put it to work in your practice! A concise, practical approach with minimal legal jargon presents the guidance you need in a way that is easy to understand and apply.
- Laparoscopic and robotic instrumentation for urologic reconstructive surgery in adults -- Instrumentation during pediatric robotic anastomoses and reconstruction -- Instrumentation during pediatric laparoscopic robotic anastomoses and reconstruction -- Adult laparoscopic partial nephrectomy for renal cell carcinoma -- Adult robotic-assisted partial nephrectomy for renal cell carcinoma -- Pediatric laparoscopic and robotic upper pole nephrectomy for nonfunctioning moieties -- Adult laparoscopic and robotic-assisted pyeloplasty for ureteropelvic junction obstruction -- Pediatric laparoscopic (infant, pre-pubertal, and teenager) pyeloplasty for ureteropelvic junction obstruction -- Pediatric robotic (infant, pre-pubertal, and teenager) pyeloplasty for ureteropelvic junction obstruction -- Laparoscopic ureteroureterostomy and correction of ureteral defects -- Robotic ureteroureterostomy and correction of ureteral defects -- Robotic radical cystectomy and use of intestinal segments for reconstruction in the adult patient -- Laparoscopic bladder augmentation and creation of continent-catheterizable stomas in the pediatric patient -- Laparoscopic ureteral reimplant surgery to correct reflux disease -- Robotic ureteral reimplant surgery to correct reflux disease -- Laparoscopoic and robotic orchiopexy for the impalpable undescended testicle -- Laparoscopic anastomoses and bladder neck reconstruction following radical prostatectomy -- Robotic anastomoses and bladder neck reconstruction following radical prostatectomy -- The role of NOTES and LESS in minimally invasive reconstructive urological surgery -- Laparoscopy and robotics in stress urinary incontinence and pelvic reconstructive surgery.
- Robotic cardiac surgery 2014, SpringerRobotic Cardiac Surgery is a comprehensive guide to robotic/totally endoscopic cardiac surgery. The book is intended to provide in-depth information regarding the history of robotic surgical systems, their components and principles. It emphasizes patient selection, perioperative management, anesthesia considerations and management, operative techniques and management, postoperative care and results. Extensive, detailed photographs and illustrations of different kinds of robotic surgery are also included. It provides cardiac surgeons, cardiac anesthesiologists, and perfusionists with a comprehensive review of current robotic cardiac surgeries and related knowledge.
- Part I: Robotic Technology and Instrumentation -- Robotic Technology and Ancillary Instruments in Renal Surgery -- Preoperative Preparation and Positioning for Robotic Renal Surgery -- Part II: Nephrectomy -- Robotic Simple and Radical Nephrectomy -- Robotic Donor Nephrectomy: Hand-Assisted Technique -- Robotic Nephrectomy for Complex Tumors -- Part III: Partial Nephrectomy -- Robotic Partial Nephrectomy: Basic Principles and Techniques -- Robot-Assisted Partial Nephrectomy: Complex Tumors and Evolving Techniques -- Near-Infrared Fluorescence Imaging in Robotic Partial Nephrectomy -- Part IV: Upper Urinary Tract Surgery -- Robotic Pyeloplasty -- Robotic Nephroureterectomy -- Robotic Ureteral Resection and Reconstruction for Urothelial Tumors and Benign Disease -- Part V: Pediatric Robotic Renal and Ureteral Surgery -- Upper Tract Obstruction -- Vesicoureteral Reflux and Ureteral Reimplantation -- Part VI: Advanced and Evolving Robotic Renal Techniques -- Retroperitoneal Robotic Kidney Surgery -- Single-Incision Robotic Renal and Ureteral Surgery.
- Robotic surgery 2014, Springer1. Overview of robotic surgery -- 2. The de Vinci Surgical® systesm -- 3. Development of robotic systems -- 4. Robotic surgery in urology -- 5. Robotic gastrectomy for gastric cancer -- 6. Esophageal cancer surgery: robotic esophagectomy - 7. Lateral pelvic node dissection for advanced rectal cancer: current debates and use of the robotic approach -- 8. Cardiac surgery: overview -- 9. Robotically assisted totally endoscopic coronary artery bypass grafting -- 10. Robotic surgery for mitral valve disease -- 11. Robotic surgery in general thoracic surgery -- 12. Robot-assisted thyroidectomy.
- Robotic surgery of the bladder 2014, SpringerRobotic Surgery of the Bladder is a dedicated resource to understanding and mastering the concepts and practical aspects of robotic bladder surgery. The volume provides an introduction to urologists interested in initiating robotic radical cystectomy by providing them background, concepts, steps, and tools and tricks to introduce robotic radical cystectomy into their clinical practice, all in a safe, stepwise, and organized manner. For the more experienced robotic surgeon, the text serves as a resource for more advanced applications and techniques. The volume is also accompanied by many still images and a DVD of video clips. Written by experts in the field, Robotic Surgery of the Bladder is a comprehensive resource that maintains the time-tested oncologic principles of bladder cancer surgery, while introducing the advantages that exist with robotic-assisted approaches.
- Robotic urologic surgery. 2nd ed. 2012, SpringerPt. 1. Introduction to robotic surgery -- Pt. 2. Robotic surgery of the prostate -- Pt. 3. Kidney and adrenals -- Pt. 4. Bladder cancer -- Pt. 5. Pediatric urology -- Pt. 6. Robotic microsurgery -- Pt. 7. Allied health -- Pt. 8. Executive.
- Robotics in general surgery 2014, SpringerRobotics in General Surgery provides a comprehensive review of the current applications of the robotic platform in all the general surgery subspecialties. Additionally, for each subspecialty it serves as a procedure-oriented instruction manual in terms of technical details of procedures, including fundamentals of robot positioning and trocar placement, step-by-step description of procedures, comprehensive discussions of advantages, limitations, indications, and relative contraindications of using the robotic approach. The text also discusses the challenges and steps to overcoming these challenges in transitioning from a minimally invasive to a robotic practice/surgeon. Lastly, this volume addresses emerging technology in robotics and the impact that the robotics platform will have on not only practice of surgery, but also in the education of surgeons at all levels. Written by experts in the field of robotic surgery, Robotics in General Surgery is a valuable resource for general surgeons of all levels including residents, fellows and surgeons already in practice.
- Robotics in genito-urinary surgery 2011, SpringerThe History of Robotic Surgery -- Robotic Instrumentation and Operating Room Setup -- Port Placement in Robotic Urologic Surgery -- Achieving Efficiency in the Operating Room: Step by Step -- Laparoscopy vs. Robotics: Ergonomics -- Does It Matter? -- Anesthetic Considerations for Robotic Urologic Surgery -- The Development of a Robotic Urology Program in the UK -- Robotic Urologic Surgery: How to Make an Effective Robotic Program -- Witnessing the Transition of Open to Robotic Surgery -- Patient-Side Surgeons: The Unsung Heroes of Robotic Surgery -- Training in Robotic Urologic Surgery -- Animal Laboratory Training: Current Status and How Essential Is It? -- Training of Operating Room Technician and Nurses in Robotic Surgery -- Impact of Virtual Reality Simulators in Training of Robotic Surgery -- Training, Credentialing, and Hospital Privileging for Robotic Urological Surgery -- Research in Urologic Oncology in an Era of Minimally Invasive Surgery -- Databases and Data Management for Robotic Surgery -- The Role of Scientific Journals in Disseminating New Technology -- Predicting Robotic Utilization in Urologic Disease: An Epidemiology-Based Model -- Development of the Vattikuti Institute Prostatectomy: Historical Perspective and Technical Nuances -- Transferring Knowledge of Anatomical Dissection from the Laboratory to the Patient: An Australian Perspective -- Robot-Assisted Radical Prostatectomy: A Prostate Surgeon's Perspective -- Cautery-Free Technique of Robot-Assisted Radical Prostatectomy: Impact on Nerve Preservation and Long-Term Outcome on Recovery of Sexual Function -- Current Concepts in Cavernosal Neural Anatomy and Imaging and Their Implications for Nerve-Sparing Radical Prostatectomy -- Robot-Assisted Radical Prostatectomy for Large Glands and Median Lobe -- Extraperitoneal Robot-Assisted Radical Prostatectomy: Simulating the Gold Standard -- The Retrograde Extraperitoneal Approach: Robotic Retrograde Extraperitoneal Laparoscopic Prostatectomy (RRELP). Technical Modifications for Robotic Prostatectomy -- Robotic Radical Prostatectomy: Cancer Control and Implications of Margin Positivity -- Techniques to Improve Urinary Continence Following Robot-Assisted Radical Prostatectomy -- Penile Rehabilitation After Robotic Radical Prostatectomy: The Best Strategy -- Laparoscopy or Robotic Radical Prostatectomy: Pros and Cons -- Complications of Robotic Prostatectomy -- Robotic Urologic Surgery: Robotic-Assisted Adrenalectomy -- Robot-Assisted Laparoscopic Radical Nephrectomy and Nephroureterectomy -- Robot-Assisted Partial Nephrectomy -- Robotic Urologic Surgery: Robot-Assisted Partial Nephrectomy -- Robotic Donor Nephrectomy: Technique and Outcomes -- An European Perspective -- Robot-Assisted Laparoscopic Pyeloplasty -- Robotic Surgery for Urolithiasis -- Ureteral Reconstruction Utilizing Robotic-Assisted Techniques -- Robotic or Laparoscopic Renal Surgery: Pros and Cons -- Robot-Assisted Radical Cystectomy in Male: Technique of Spaces -- Robotic-Assisted Laparoscopic Anterior Pelvic Exenteration for Bladder Cancer in the Female -- Robotic-Assisted Laparoscopic Extended Pelvic Lymph Node Dissection for Bladder Cancer -- Robot-Assisted Intracorporeal Ileal Conduit -- Robotic Urinary Diversion: Technique, Current Status, and Outcomes -- Robotic Bladder Surgery Complications: Prevention and Management -- Robotic Surgery for Ureteral Anomalies in Children -- Robotic Surgery of the Kidney in Children -- Robotic Bladder Surgery in Children -- Robotic Surgery in Urogynecology -- Robotic Repair of Vesico-vaginal Fistula -- Robotic Surgery in Male Infertility (Robotic-Assisted Microsurgery) -- Treater to Target: Experiences of a Prostate Cancer Participant -- My Prostate Cancer -- Telementoring and Telesurgery in Urology -- Robotic Systems: Past, Present, and Future.
- 100 cases in surgery. Second edition [2nd ed.] — Cranial, craniofacial and skull base surgery (142)
- Current diagnosis & treatment in otolaryngology head & neck surgery. 3rd ed. — Medicine & surgery an integrated textbook (142)
- Microskin grafting for vitiligo — Robotics in genito-urinary surgery (142)
- Rosai and Ackerman's Surgical pathology. 10th ed. — Zollinger's Atlas of surgical operations Robert M. Zollinger Jr., E. Christopher Ellison ; illustrations ... by Marita Bitans and Jennifer Smith.. 9th ed. (142)
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- AAP Red Book Online
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Sabiston Textbook of Surgery
- Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics
- Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics
- Mandell, Douglas, & Bennett's Principles & Practice of Infectious Diseases
- Red Book Online
- ICU Book
- Primary Care Medicine
- Campbell-Walsh Urology
Shortcut to Licensed Content
Bookmark on other websites
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Links” (IE7) or “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
- Once installed it will look like this
- Click "Bookmark on Lane" to bookmark any webpage
- Your saved bookmark will appear on this page
What is it?
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) gives you access to resources licensed by the library even when you're not coming from a Lane or a Stanford IP address.
While we'd like Lane to be your gateway to our licensed content, we recognize that links to books, articles and journals come from a variety of different sources (Google, your email, RSS reader, etc.).
When installed, it will look your browser bookmark.
At the page you would like to proxy, click the "Lane Gateway to Licensed Content" to invoke it.
If Lane licenses that content, you'll get access as if you were on campus.
How does it work?
This allows you to view the URL as though you were on campus, giving you access to materials licensed for use by the Stanford academic community.
If you're not authenticated, you'll be prompted for your SUNetID and password.
Don't see the Toolbar, Bookmarks, or Links or Favorites bar?
From the "View" menu, select "Toolbars" & choose "Bookmarks Toolbar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Show Bookmarks Bar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Always Show Bookmarks Bar"
- Right-click in a clear area near the browser address bar
- In the menu, check a box next "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites Bar" (IE8, IE9)
- Managing IE Favorites
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) only works with resources Lane has licensed and configured to work with our proxy server.
If invoked on a resource we do not license and/or have not yet configured, you will see an error message:
The Lane proxy server cannot complete your request because this host has not been configured properly.
We make no attempt to configure our proxy server for every resource, only those we license and for which a Stanford IP address grants access.
Drag this button onto your browser toolbar to install.
- Right click this button
- Select "Add to Favorites", click "Continue" if you see a security alert
- In "Create in" menu, select "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites Bar" (IE8, IE9) to install
Drag this button onto Safari Bookmarks bar to install.
- Springer Protocols
- MD Consult
- Lange Series
- National Academy Press
- NCBI Bookshelf
- Thieme Atlases