Books by Subject
- 100 cases in surgery. Second edition. ..
- — General thoracic surgery. 7th ed. ......
- Genetics for surgeons ..................
- — Pathology and surgery around the vert...
- Pediatric airway surgery ...............
- — Surgical intensive care medicine. 2nd...
- Surgical management of congenital hea...
- — Zollinger's Atlas of surgical operati...
- Pediatric airway surgery 2011, Springer
- Pediatric airway surgery 2012, KargerFor the first time the editors of this volume have brought together text, illustrations and high-definition videos to create an expert video atlas in the field of pediatric airway surgery. The publication which includes the book and free online access to the videos provides a detailed review of the pros and cons and clinical pearls involved in various modes of pediatric airway surgery. Discussed are all the main open airway surgeries including laryngotracheal reconstruction, cricotracheal resection, tracheal resection and re-anastomosis, and slide tracheoplasty. Further covered is a range of endoscopic procedures such as endoscopic repair of laryngeal clefts and endoscopic treatment of vocal fold immobility.The high-definition videos with audio overlay and the text complement provide an excellent detailed instruction manual for surgeons willing to carry out these operations. This publication is designed for all levels, from medical student through residency and fellowship as well as the pediatric otolaryngologist or pediatric surgeon preparing for pediatric airway surgery.
- Pediatric robotic urology 2009, Springer
- Pediatric surgery 2006, Springer
- Pediatric surgery 2009, Springer
- Pediatric surgery.. 7th ed. / 2012, ScienceDirectV.1. Pages 1-768 -- v.2. pages 769-1738.
- Pediatric surgical diseases 2009, Springer
- Pediatric thoracic surgery 2009, Springer
- Penetrating trauma 2012, SpringerPart 1: Prehospital care, diagnostic tools and resuscitation strategies -- Part 2: Surgical strategies in Penetrating Trauma to Head, Face, and Neck -- Part 3: Surgical Strategies in Penetrating Trauma to the Chest -- Part 4: Surgical Strategies in Penetrating Trauma to the Abdomen and Pelvis -- Part 5: Surgical strategies in Penetrating Trauma and Orthopedic Injuries -- Part 6: Peripheral Arterial Injuries -- Part 7: Other topics.
- Percutaneous treatment of left side cardiac valves 2010, Springer
- Percutaneous tumor ablation in medical radiology 2008, Springer
- Perioperative and critical care medicine 2006, Springer
- Perioperative medicine 2011, SpringerRole of the Medical Consultant -- Preoperative Testing -- Perioperative Medication Management -- Perioperative Management of Anticoagulation -- Venous Thromboembolism Prophylaxis -- Prevention of Infective Endocarditis (Bacterial Endocarditis Prophylaxis) -- Surgical Site Infection Prophylaxis -- Anesthesiology for the Nonanesthesiologist -- Abdominal Surgery -- Thoracic Surgery -- Vascular Surgery -- Orthopedic Surgery -- Neurosurgery -- Gynecologic Surgery -- Urologic Surgery -- Bariatric Surgery -- Ophthalmic Surgery -- Otolaryngologic Procedures -- Electroconvulsive Therapy -- Cardiac Disease -- Pulmonary Disease -- Endocrine Disease -- Hematologic Disease -- Cancer -- HIV -- Chronic Kidney Disease -- GI Disease -- Rheumatic Disease -- Neurological Disease -- Psychiatric Conditions -- Substance Abuse -- The Pregnant Surgical Patient -- Postoperative Fever -- Postoperative Hypertension/Hypotension -- Postoperative Arrhythmias -- Perioperative Chest Pain/Dyspnea -- Postoperative Pulmonary Complications -- Postoperative Venous Thromboembolism (DVT and PE) -- Postoperative Fluid, Electrolyte, and Acid/Base Disorders -- Postoperative Renal Failure -- Anemia and Bleeding -- Postoperative Jaundice -- Postoperative Stroke and Seizures -- Postoperative Delirium -- Pain Management.
- Perioperative medicine consult handbook 2013, Springer
- Perioperative transfusion medicine. 2nd ed. 2006, OvidA history of transfusion / Bruce Spiess and Richard K. Spence -- The contemporary economics of transfusion / Timothy J. Hannon and Kathy Paulson Gjerde -- Blood supplies now and in the future / Mike Fitzpatrick -- Medical ethics, transfusion and the standard of practice / Kenneth Kipnis -- Oxygen transport monitoring: the basis for developing transfusion triggers / Kevin Ward and Ivo Torres Filho -- Physiology of anemia and red blood cell transfusion / Howard Corwin and Paul C. Høbert -- Physiology of hemostasis / Wayne L. Chandler -- Platelet physiology: cellular and protein interactions / Christine S. Rinder -- Iron metabolism and erythopoiesis / Kenneth R. Bridges -- New concepts in oxygen transport / Aryeh Shander, Tanuja S. Rijhwani, and Carmine Gianatiempo -- Infectious risks of transfusion / Eberhard W. Fiebig and Michael P. Busch --Immunomodulation by transfusion / Neil Blumberg and Joanna M. Heal -- Serious acute transfusion reactions / Ira A. Shulman and Aryeh Shander -- A surgeon's guide to blood banking and transfusion medicine / Kimberly W. Sanford and Susan D. Roseff -- Blood storage / Ian Chin-Yee and Richard K. Spence -- Quality control and hospital blood utilization / Kathy Walsh-Kaminsky -- Preoperative autologous donation / F. Mercuriali, G. Inghilleri, and Richard K. Spence -- Erythropoetin therapy / Lawrence T. Goodnough -- Hemoglobin based oxygen carriers / Gregory M.T. Hare and C. David Mazer -- Perfluorocarbon emulsions: artificial gas transport media / Bruce D. Spiess -- Initial resuscitation of the hemorrhaging patient / Richard P. Dutton -- Transfusion and coagulation therapy in trauma and burns / James K. Wright, Harriet W. Hopf, and Lewis J. Kaplan --Acute gastrointestinal bleeding and transfusion management / Richard Peterson, Patricia Parce, and Richard K. Spence -- Coagulation in trauma: dilution and massive transfusion / Richard K. Spence and Anthony Martinez -- Coagulation product use in the perioperative period / Richard K. Spence and Aryeh Shander -- Coagulation monitoring in the perioperative period / Linda Shore-Lesserson and Bruce D. Spiess -- Surgery in patients with acquired platelet and clotting deficiencies / Richard K. Spence and Andrew Green -- Surgery in patients with congenital clotting deficiencies / Richard K. Spence and Andrew Green -- Perioperative implications of anticoagulant and antiplatelet therapy / Jeffrey A. Green -- Pharmacological approaches to prevent or decrease bleeding in surgical patients / Jerrold H. Levy -- Fibrin glue and platelet gel / Bruce Searles and Cody Trowbridge --Anesthesia techniques in blood conservation / Aryeh Shander and Tanuja Rijhwani -- Perioperative red cell salvage and autotransfusion / Jonathan H. Waters -- Intraoperative acute nomovolemic hemodilution / Aryeh Shander and Tanuja S. Rijhwani -- Hypothermia and hemorrhage / Richard P. Dutton -- Surgery in patients with red cell disorders: sickle hemoglobinopathies, polycythemia, and autoimmune hemolytic anemia / Imoigele P. Aisiku -- Surgery in the Jehovah's Witness / Richard K. Spence ... [et al.] -- Coagulation, transfusion, and cardiac surgery / Simon S. Body and David S. Morse -- Blood loss and transfusion alternatives in vascular surgery / Richard K. Spence -- Solid organ transplantation / Nicolas Jabbour, S. Ram Kumar, and Singh Gagandeep -- Blood use in orthopedic surgery / E. Michael Keating and John B. Meding --Blood management in obstetrics and gynecology / Arnold J. Friedman -- Hemorrhage in pediatric patients / Thomas V. Whalen -- Transfusion in oncologic surgery / Patricia A. Ford and Jason Mastoris -- Transfusion and coagulation dysfunction in neurosurgery / Robert S. Graham and J. Chris Zacko -- Transfusion and outcome / Bruce D. Spiess, Richard K. Spence, and Aryeh Shander -- The transfusion decision / Bruce D. Spiess, Richard B. Counts, and Steven A. Gould -- Undertransfusion / Richard K. Spence and Aryeh Shander -- A philosophy of blood management / Aryeh Shander, Richard K. Spence, and Bruce D. Spiess.
- Plastic and hand surgery in clinical practice 2009, Springer
- Portable surgical mentor 2006, SpringerPart 1. The Transition -- Attire -- The Little Black Book -- Communications -- Surgery Suite Etiquette -- The Clinics -- Rounds -- Difficult People -- Documentation -- Presentations -- The Mortality and Morbidity Conference -- The 80-Hour Week -- The Boards -- The Interview -- Medical - Legal -- HIPAA -- Assorted Affairs -- Part 2. The Transition -- The Mentor's Wrap-Up.
- Positioning techniques in surgical applications 2006, Springer
- Practical carotid artery stenting 2009, Springer
- Practice of surgical pathology 2008, Springer
- Principles and practice of geriatric surgery. 2nd ed. 2011, Springer
- Principles and practice of pediatric surgery 2005, OvidSect I. Basic considerations -- Part A. Scientific principles -- Part B. Trauma -- Part C. Oncology -- Part D. Transplantation -- Sect. II. Surgical practice -- Part A. Head and neck -- Part B. Thorax -- Part C. Abdomen and abdominal wall defects -- Part D. Intestine -- Part E. Colon -- Part F. Liver, biliary Tract, and pancreas -- Part G. Spleen -- Part H. Urinary and genital systems -- Part I. Vascular system -- Part J. Musculoskeletal system -- Part K. Skin and soft tissue -- Part L. Central nervous system / Herbert Edgar Fuchs -- Part M. Conjoined Twins / John H.T. Waldhausen - Index.
- Principles and practice of stereotactic radiosurgery 2008, SpringerPart I. The fundamentals -- The history of stereotactic radiosurgery / Michael Schulder and Vaibhav Patil -- Neuroimaging in radiosurgery treatment planning and follow-up evaluation / Clark C. Chen, Paul H. Chapman, Hanne Kooy, and Jay S. Loeffler -- Techniques of stereotactic radiosurgery / Chris Heller, Cheng Yu, and Michael L.J. Apuzzo -- Part II. Radiation biology and physics -- The physics of stereotactic radiosurgery / Siyong Kim and Jatinder Palta -- Radiobiological principles underlying stereotactic radiation therapy / David J. Brenner -- Experimental radiosurgery models / Ajay Niranjan and Douglas Kondziolka -- Treatment planning for stereotactic radiosurgery / David M. Shepard ... [et al.] -- Designing, building and installing a stereotactic radiosurgery unit / Lijun Ma and Martin Murphy.Part III. Stereotactic radiosurgery techniques -- Gamma knife radiosurgery / Ajay Niranjan ... [et al.] -- Linear accelerator radiosurgery / William A. Friedman -- Proton beam radiosurgery: physical bases and clinical experience / Georges Noel ... [et al.] -- Robotics and radiosurgery / Cesare Giorgi and Antonio Cossu -- CyberKnife radiosurgery / John R. Adler Jr., Alexander Muacevic, and Pantaleo Romanelli.Part IV. Treatment of disease types --Brain metastases / John H. Suh, Gene H. Barnett, and William F. Regine -- Metastatic brain tumors: surgery perspective / Raymond Sawaya and David M. Wildrick -- Brain metastases: whole-brain radiation therapy perspective / Roy A. Patchell and William F. Regine -- High-grade gliomas / David Roberge and Luis Souhami -- Malignant glioma: chemotherapy perspective / Roger Stupp and J. Gregory Cairncross -- Meningioma / Carlos A. Mattozo and Antonio A.F. de Salles -- Meningioma: surgery perspective / Lawrence S. Chin, Pulak Ray, and John Caridi -- Intracranial meningioma: fractionated radiation therapy perspective / Leland Rogers, Dennis Shrieve, and Arie Perry -- Meningioma: systemic therapy perspective / Steven Grunberg -- Acoustic Schwannoma / William M. Mendenhall ... [et al.] -- Acoustic neuroma: surgical perspective / Indro Chakrabarti and Steven L. Giannotta -- Acoustic neuromas and other benign tumors: fractionated stereotactic radiotherapy perspective / David W. Andres, Greg Bednarz, Beverly Downes, and Maria Werner-Wasik -- Pituitary tumors / Kintomo Takakura, Motohiro Hayashi, and Masahiro Izawa -- Pituitary adenomas: surgery perspective / William T. Couldwell and Martin H. Weiss -- Pituitary and pituitary region tumors: fractionated radiation therapy perspective / Jonathan P.S. Knisely and Paul W. Sperduto -- Pituitary and pituitary region tumors: medical therapy perspective / Mansur E. Shomali -- Pediatric radiosurgery / Andrew Reisner, Nicholas J. Szerlip, and Lawrence S. Chin -- Pediatric brain tumors: conformal radiation therapy perspective / Thomas E. Merchant -- Pediatric brain tumors: chemotherapy perspective / Amar Gajjar.Pineal region tumors / Gregory P. Lekovic and Andrew G. Shetter -- Pineal region tumors: surgery perspective / Alfred T. Ogden and Jeffrey N. Bruce -- Pineal tumors: fractionated radiation therapy perspective / Steven E. Schild -- Pineal region tumors: chemotherapy perspective / Barry Meisenberg and Lavanya Yarlagadda -- Skull base tumors / Stefanie Milker-Zabel, Young Kwok, and Jürgen Debus -- Skull base tumors: surgery perspective / James K. Liu, Oren N. Gottfried, and William T. Couldwell -- Skull base tumors: fractionated stereotactic radiotherapy perspective / René-Olivier Mirimanoff and Alessia Pica -- Head and neck tumors / Daniel T.T. Chua, Jonathan Sham, Kwan-Ngai Hung, and Lucullus Leung -- Head and neck tumors: surgery perspective / Gregory Y. Chin and Uttam K. Sinha -- Head and neck malignancies: chemotherapy and radiation perspective / Mohan Suntharalingam, Kathleen Settle, and Kevin J. Cullen -- Spinal tumors / Robert L. Dodd, Iris Gibbs, John R. Adler Jr., and Steven D. Chang -- Spine tumors: surgery perspective / Gabriel Zada and Michael Y. Wang -- Spinal metastases: fractionated radiation therapy perspective / Eric L. Chang and Almon S. Shiu -- Arteriovenous malformation / Bruce E. Pollock -- Arteriovenous malformations: surgery perspective / Ricardo J. Komotar, Elena Vera J. Mocco, E. Sander Connolly Jr. -- Cerebral arteriovenous malformations: endovascular therapy perspective / Felipe C. Albuquerque, David Fiorella, and Cameron G. McDougall.Cavernous malformations and other vascular diseases / Ajay Niranjan ... [et al.] -- Cerebral cavernous malformations: surgical perspective / Robert L. Dodd and Gary K. Steinberg -- Cavernous malformations and other vascular abnormalities: observation-alone perspective / Sepideh Amin-Hanjani and Frederick G. Barker II -- Trigeminal neuralgia / Lawrence S. Chin, Shilpen Patel, Thoms Mattingly, and Young Kwok -- Trigeminal neuralgia: surgical perspective / David B. Cohen, Michael Y. Oh, and Peter J. Jannetta -- Trigeminal neuralgia: medical management perspective / Neil C. Porter -- Movement disorder / Sangjin Oh, Ajay Niranjan, and William J. Weiner -- Movement disorders: deep-brain stimulation perspective / John Y.K. Lee, Joshua M. Rosenow, and Ali R. Rezai -- Movement disorder: medical perspective / Sangjin Oh and William J. Weiner -- Psychiatric and pain disorders / Jason Sheehan, Nader Pouratian, Charles Sansur -- Intractable epilepsies / Jean Régis, Fabrice Bartolomei, and Patrick Chauvel -- Epilepsy: surgery perspective / Keith G. Davies and Edward Ahn -- Ocular and orbital lesions / Gabriela Šimonavá, Roman Lisčák, and Josef Novotný Jr. -- Stereotactic body radiation therapy / Laura A. Dawson -- Stereotactic body radiation therapy: fractionated radiation therapy perspective / Gordon W. Wong, Rafael R. Mañon, Wolfgang Tomé, and Minesh Mehta -- Stereotactic body radiation therapy: brachytherapy perspective / Caroline L. Holloway, Desmond O'Farrell, and Phillip M. Devlin.Part V. Patient care and socioeconomic issues -- Complications and management in radiosurgery / Isaac Yang, Penny K. Sneed, David A. Larson, and Michael W. McDermott -- Cost-effectiveness and quality of life / Minesh Mehta and May N. Tsao -- Regulatory and reimbursement aspects of radiosurgery / Rebecca Emerick -- Medicolegal issues in stereotactic radiosurgery / April Strang-Kutay -- The semantics of stereotactic radiation therapy / Louis Potters -- Building a radiosurgery program / N. Scott Litofsky and Andrea D'Agostino-Demers -- Patient care in stereotactic radiosurgery / Terri F. Biggins.
- Principles of cancer reconstructive surgery 2008, SpringerPlastic surgery: a component in the comprehensive care of cancer patients -- The principles of cancer reconstruction -- Breast reconstruction: timing and coordination with adjuvant therapy -- Breast reconstruction: autogenous tissue -- Breast reconstruction: implant and nipple reconstruction -- Skin cancer and reconstruction -- Lip, cheek, and scalp reconstruction -- Reconstruction of mandible, maxilla, and skull base -- Pharynx, cervical esophagus, and oral cavity reconstruction -- Concepts in nasal reconstruction -- Extremity reconstruction -- Abdominal wall tumors and their reconstruction -- Reconstruction of the intra-abdominal pelvis and the perineum -- Management of chemotherapeutic agent extravasation and radiation therapy adverse effects.
- Principles of metabolic surgery 2012, Springer
- Principles of nasal reconstruction. 2nd ed. 2011, Springer
- Principles of pulmonary protection in heart surgery 2010, SpringerAnatomy of the lungs -- Respiratory physiology -- Histological features of lungs -- Cellular and molecular aspects of lung function, its control and regulation -- Imaging evaluation of the thorax -- Endothelial protection during heart surgery and lung transplantation -- Vascular endothelial growth factor and pulmonary injury -- Aprotinin decreases lung reperfusion injury and dysfunction -- Effects of prostaglandin E1 and nitroglycerin on lung preservation -- Endothelin and ischemia-reperfusion injury -- L-arginine and ischemia-reperfusion injury -- The role of nitric oxide in pulmonary ischemia-reperfusion injury -- Activity of glutathione-related enzymes in ischemia and reperfusion injury -- Heart histopathology in ischemia-reperfusion injury -- Beating heart surgery and pulmonary ischemia and reperfusion injury -- Mechanisms of pulmonary edema -- Idiopathic pulmonary hypertension: new challenges -- Chronic thromboembolic pulmonary hypertension and pulmonary endarterectomy -- Eisenmenger syndrome -- Disseminated intravascular coagulation in cardiac surgery -- Pulmonary arterial hypertension -- The extracorporeal circulation circuit versus bioengineering biomaterials -- Ischemic preconditioning and lung preservation -- Impact of cardiopulmonary bypass on pulmonary hemodynamic variables --Impact of cardiopulmonary bypass on gas exchange features -- Pulmonary energy metabolism and multiple inflammatory repercussions -- Benefits of ultrafiltration for pulmonary function -- Principles of pulmonary protections during heart surgery: benefits of hemofiltration for pulmonary function -- Determining hemodynamic parameters -- Extracorporeal circuit pathways for lung perfusion -- Hemodynamic performance -- Quality of gas exchange -- Inflammatory cell markers -- Cytokines and cellular adhesion molecules -- Macroscopical and microscopical findings -- Continuous or intermittent lung perfusion with arterial or venous blood -- Lung perfusion and mechanical ventilation -- Pulmonary hemodynamic profile and natriuretic peptides -- Low-frequency mechanical ventilation during cardiopulmonary bypass -- Inhaled carbon monoxide as an experimental therapeutic strategy of lung protection during cardiopulmonary bypass -- Lung perfusion and coronary artery bypass grafting -- Lung perfusion in clinical mitral valve surgery -- Lung perfusion in clinical aortic surgery -- Lung perfusion in clinical heart-lung surgery: congenital heart disease surgery -- Retrograde pulmonary perfusion for pulmonary thromboembolism -- Lung perfusion in clinical heart-lung transplantation -- Principles of pulmonary protection during heart surgery -- Lung perfusion: reflections and perspectives.
- Principles of surgery. 9th ed. 2010, AccessMedicineFulltext AccessSurgeryAccreditation council for graduate medical education core competencies -- Systemic response injury and metabolic support -- Fluid and electrolyte management of the surgical patient -- Hemostasis, surgical bleeding, and transfusion -- Shock -- Surgical infections -- Trauma -- Burns -- Wound healing -- Oncology -- Transplantation -- Patient safety -- Physiologic monitoring of the surgical patient -- Minimally invasive surgery, robotics, and natural orifice transluminal endoscopic surgery -- Molecular and genomic surgery -- The skin and subcutaneous tissue -- The breast -- Disorders of the head and neck -- Chest wall, lung, mediastinum, and pleura -- Congenital heart disease -- Acquired heart disease -- Thoracic aneurysms and aortic dissection -- Arterial disease -- Venous and lymphatic disease -- Esophagus and diaphragmatic hernia -- Stomach -- The surgical management of obesity -- Small intestine -- Colon, rectum, and anus -- The appendix -- Liver -- Gallbladder and the extrahepatic biliary system -- Pancreas -- Spleen -- Abdominal wall, omentum, mesentery, and retroperitoneum -- Soft tissue sarcomas -- Inguinal hernias -- Thyroid, parathyroid, and adrenal -- Pediatric surgery -- Urology -- Gynecology -- Neurosurgery -- Orthopedic surgery -- Surgery of the hand and wrist -- Plastic and reconstructive surgery -- Surgical considerations in the elderly -- Anesthesia of the surgical patient -- Ethics, palliative care, and care at the end of life.
- Quick reference handbook for surgical pathologists 2011, Springer
- Radioguided surgery 2008, SpringerPart I. Chemistry and Physics -- Radiopharmaceuticals for Radioguided Surgery / Esteban Obenaus, Paola A. Erba, Marco Chinol, Christophe Van de Wiele and Gyozo A. Janoki, et al. -- Physical Performance Parameters of Intraoperative Probes / Carlo Chiesa, Francesca Toscano, Mario Mariani and Emilio Bombardieri -- Positron-Sensitive Probes / Schlomo Schneebaum, Richard Essner and Einat Even-Sapir -- Gamma Ray Imaging Probes for Radioguided Surgery and Site-Directed Biopsy / Francesco Scopinaro and Alessandro Soluri -- Radiation Protection in Radioguided Surgery / Edwin C. Glass and Wendy A. Waddington -- Training and Credentialing for Radioguided Surgery / Eric D. Whitman -- Part II. Sentinel Lymph Nodes -- The Anatomy and Physiology of Lymphatic Circulation / Preya Ananthakrishnan, Giuliano Mariani, Luciano Moresco and Armando E. Giuliano -- The Role of Lymph Node Staging for Clinical Decision Making in Patients with Solid Cancers / Fausto Badellino, Ilaria Pastina, Elisa Borsò, Sergio Ricci and H. William Strauss, et al. -- Sentinel Lymph Node Biopsy in Patients with Breast Cancer / Charles E. Cox, John M. Cox, Giuliano Mariani, Caren E.G. Wilkie and Laura B. White, et al. -- Sentinel Lymph Node Biopsy in Cutaneous Melanoma / Jeffrey E. Gershenwald, Roger F. Uren, Giuliano Mariani and John F. Thompson -- Dynamic Sentinel Lymph Node Biopsy in Penile Carcinoma / Simon Horenblas, Bin K. Kroon, Renato A. Valdés Olmos and Omgo E. Nieweg -- Sentinel Lymph Node Biopsy in Cancer of the Head and Neck / Luca Calabrese, David Soutar, Jochen Werner, Roberto Bruschini and Concetta De Cicco, et al. -- Sentinel Lymph Node Biopsy in Gynecologic Malignancies / Emilio Bombardieri, Marco Maccauro, Rosanna Fontanelli, Francesco Raspagliesi and Giovanni Paganelli -- Sentinel Lymph Node Biopsy in Cancers of the Gastrointestinal Tract / Yuko Kitagawa, Sukamal Saha and Masaki Kitajima --Sentinel Lymph Node Biopsy in Prostatic Cancer / Alexander Winter, Harry Vogt, Dorothea Weckermann, Rolf Harzmann and Friedhelm Wawroschek -- Radioguided Biopsy of the Sentinel Lymph Node in Patients with Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer / Giuseppe Boni, Gianpiero Manca, Franca M. A. Melfi, Marco Lucchi and Alfredo Mussi, et al. -- Sentinel Lymph Node Biopsy in Thyroid Cancer / Massimo Salvatori, Domenico Rubello, Michael J. O'Doherty, Maria Rosa Pelizzo and Giuliano Mariani -- Histopathology of Sentinel Lymph Nodes / Giuseppe Viale, Giovanni Mazzarol and Eugenio Maiorano -- Frozen Section and Imprint Cytology in Sentinel Lymph Node Biopsy for Breast Cancer / Santo V. Nicosia and Charles E. Cox -- Molecular Assessment of Sentinel Lymph Nodes / Farin Amersi, Armando E. Giuliano and Dave S.B. Hoon -- Part III. Occult Lesion Localization -- Where It All Began: The Heritage of Radioimmunoguided Surgery / Fausto Badellino, Mario Roselli, Marzio Perri, Fiorella Guadagni and Giuliano Mariani -- Radioguided Occult Lesion Localization in the Breast / Giovanni Paganelli, Concetta De Cicco, Giovanna Gatti and Alberto Luini -- Minimally Invasive Radioguided Parathyroidectomy in Primary Hyperparathyroidism / James Norman, Domenico Rubello, Armando E. Giuliano and Giuliano Mariani -- Radioguided Surgery of Neuroendocrine Tumors / Richard P. Baum, Sergio Sandrucci and Stefan Adams -- Radioguided Surgery of Solitary Pulmonary Nodules / Giuseppe Boni, Franca M. A. Melfi, Gianpiero Manca, Marco Lucchi and Alfredo Mussi, et al. -- Radioguided Surgery of Occult Lesions in Patients with Thyroid Cancer / Domenico Rubello, Massimo Salvatori, Maria Rosa Pelizzo, Giuseppe Boni and Giuliano Mariani -- Radioguided Bone Lesion Localization / Gianpiero Manca, Giuliano Mariani and Lary A. Robinson.
- Radiology for surgeons in clinical practice 2008, Springer
- Raising of microvascular flaps. 2nd ed. 2011, SpringerRadial Forearm Flap -- Lateral Arm Flap -- Anterolateral Thigh / Vastus Lateralis Flap -- Latissimus Dorsi Flap -- Scapular Flap -- Fibular Flap -- Klaus-Dietrich Wolff and Frank Hölzle -- Iliac Crest Bone Flap -- Perforator Flaps -- Anterolateral Thigh Perforator Flap -- Soleus Perforator Flap -- Deep Inferior Epigastric Artery Perforator Flap.
- Reconstructive surgery of the rectum, anus and perineum 2013, SpringerReconstructive Surgery of the Rectum, Anus and Perineum provides the reader with a didactic discussion of complex problems which require re-operative surgery; including details of preoperative investigation, postoperative follow-up and a detailed operative approach. This comprehensive and detailed text uses a formulated algorithm approach to these complicated cases using operative photographs and composite explanatory line drawings which complement 'how-to' guides in describing the operative technical tips and pitfalls from experienced commentators. Reconstructive Surgery of the Rectum, Anus and Perineum, is written by leading world experts in the field of colorectal surgery and is a valuable and timely resource for colorectal surgeons and colorectal trainees alike. In addition, general surgeons will be interested in the specialist nature of dealing with difficult colorectal complications dealt with in this unique textbook.
- Rectal cancer 2005, Springer
- Recurrent hernia 2007, Springer
- Redo cardiac surgery in adults. 2nd ed. 2012, Springer
- Reoperative pediatric surgery 2008, Springer
- Reoperative pelvic surgery 2009, Springer
- Retroperitoneal robotic and laparoscopic surgery 2011, SpringerAnatomical Aspects of the Extra- and Retroperitoneal Space / Ahmed E. Ghazi and Jean V. Joseph -- Essential Instruments in Laparoscopic and Robotic Surgery / Ty T. Higuchi and Matthew T. Gettman -- Upper Tract Retroperitoneal Access Techniques / Ahmed E. Ghazi and Jean V. Joseph -- Laparoscopic and Robotic Adrenalectomy / Edmund Y. Ko, Richard T. Schlinkert and Mitchell R. Humphreys -- Retroperitoneoscopic Simple and Radical Nephrectomy / Guillaume Ploussard, Andras Hoznek, Laurent Salomon, Claude C. Abbou and Alexandre de la Taille -- Laparoscopic and Robotic Partial Nephrectomy / Lori M. Dulabon and Michael D. Stifelman -- Retroperitoneal Robotic Partial Nephrectomy / James R. Porter -- Laparoscopic and Robotic Mid and Distal Ureteral Reconstructive Surgery / Alireza Moinzadeh -- Robot-Assisted Laparoscopic Nephroureterectomy / Sijo J. Parekattil, Hany N. Atalah and Li-Ming Su -- Laparoscopic Pelvic Lymphadenectomy in Prostate Cancer / Evangelos Liatsikos, Minh Do, Panagiotis Kallidonis, Iason Kyriazis and Alan McNeil, et al. -- Laparoscopic Simple Prostatectomy / Xavier Cathelineau, Rafael E. Sanchez-Salas, Eric Barret, Francois Rozet and Marc Galiano, et al. -- Extraperitoneal Laparoscopic Radical Prostatectomy / Sarah P. Psutka and Douglas M. Dahl -- Robot-Assisted Extraperitoneal Laparoscopic Prostatectomy / Thomas T. Hoang, Satya B. Allaparthi and Ingolf A. Tuerk -- Laparoendoscopic Single-Site Retroperitoneal Surgery / Michael A. White and Jihad H. Kaouk -- On the Horizon / Jean V. Joseph and Hitendra R. H. Patel.
- Review of surgery 2006, Springer
- Rhinology and facial plastic surgery 2009, Springer
- Robotic renal surgery 2013, Springer
- Robotic surgery of the bladder 2014, SpringerRobotic Surgery of the Bladder is a dedicated resource to understanding and mastering the concepts and practical aspects of robotic bladder surgery. The volume provides an introduction to urologists interested in initiating robotic radical cystectomy by providing them background, concepts, steps, and tools and tricks to introduce robotic radical cystectomy into their clinical practice, all in a safe, stepwise, and organized manner. For the more experienced robotic surgeon, the text serves as a resource for more advanced applications and techniques. The volume is also accompanied by many still images and a DVD of video clips. Written by experts in the field, Robotic Surgery of the Bladder is a comprehensive resource that maintains the time-tested oncologic principles of bladder cancer surgery, while introducing the advantages that exist with robotic-assisted approaches.
- Robotic urologic surgery. 2nd ed. 2012, SpringerPt. 1. Introduction to robotic surgery -- Pt. 2. Robotic surgery of the prostate -- Pt. 3. Kidney and adrenals -- Pt. 4. Bladder cancer -- Pt. 5. Pediatric urology -- Pt. 6. Robotic microsurgery -- Pt. 7. Allied health -- Pt. 8. Executive.
- Robotics in genito-urinary surgery 2011, Springer
- Rural surgery 2011, Springer
- Print Material
- Sabiston Textbook of surgery. 19th ed. 2012, MD Consult
- SAGES manual 2008, Springer
- SAGES manual of hernia repair 2013, Springer
- SAGES manual of quality, outcomes and patient safety 2012, Springer
- SAGES manual of strategic decision making 2008, Springer
- Part 1.Fundamentals of Surgical Energy --Evolutions and Revolutions in Surgical Energy /Steven D. Schwaitzberg --Fundamentals of Electrosurgery --Part I:Principles of Radiofrequency Energy for Surgery /Malcolm G. Munro --Fundamentals of Electrosurgery --Part II:Thermal Injury Mechanisms and Prevention /L. Michael Brunt --The Art and Science of Monopolar Electrosurgery /C. Randle Voyles --Bipolar Electrosurgical Devices /Chan W. Park and Dana D. Portenier --Electrosurgical Energy in Gastrointestinal Endoscopy /Brian J. Dunkin and Calvin D. Lyons --Ultrasonic Energy Systems /James G. Bittner, J. Esteban Varela and Daniel Herron --Cavitron Ultrasonic Surgical Aspirator /James S. Choi --Principles and Safety of Radiofrequency and Cryo Ablation /Pascal R. Fuchshuber --Principles and Safety of Microwave Ablation /Ryan Z. Swan and David A. Iannitti --Surgical Energy Systems in Pediatric Surgery /Gretchen Purcell Jackson --Integration of Energy Systems with Other Medical Devices /Stephanie B. Jones and Marc A. Rozner --How to Report Adverse Events Related to the Use of Energy Devices in the Operating Room /Charlotte L. Guglielmi --Part 2.Enrichment Chapters --Hands-On Station: Fundamentals and Safety of Radiofrequency Electrosurgery /Malcolm G. Munro --Hands-on Station: Art and Science of Monopolar Electrosurgery - Case Studies of Metal-to-Metal Arcing and Single Port Cannula Surgery /C. Randle Voyles --Hands-on Station: Thermal Spread with Bipolar Electrosurgery /Dean Mikami --Hands-on Station: Ultrasonic Energy Devices /Dana D. Portenier --Hands-on Station: Cavitron Ultrasonic Surgical Aspirator (CUSA) and Argon Beam Device /James S. Choi --Hands-on Station: Radiofrequency Ablation /Pascal R. Fuchshuber --Hands-on Station: Microwave Devices /Ryan Z. Swan and David A. Iannitti --Hands-on Station: Effects of Monopolar and Bipolar Electrosurgery on Cardiovascular Implantable /Electrical (Pacemakers or Implanted Cardioverter Defibrillator) Devices /Marc A. Rozner and Stephanie B. Jones --Hands-on Station: Radiofrequency Electrosurgery in Gastrointestinal Endoscopy /Jeffrey W. Hazey.
- SAGES manual.. 3rd ed. 2012, SpringerFulltext v. 2 SpringerV. 1. Basic laparoscopy and endoscopy / Nathaniel J. Soper and Carol E.H. Scott-Conner, editors -- v. 2. Advanced laparoscopy and endoscopy / Ninh T. Nguyen and Carol E.H. Scott-Conner, editors.
- Scar-less surgery 2013, Springer
- Schein's Common sense emergency abdominal surgery. 3rd ed. 2010, Springer
- Print Material
- Schwartz's Principles of surgery. 9th ed. 2010, AccessMedicineFulltext AccessSurgeryAccreditation council for graduate medical education core competencies -- Systemic response injury and metabolic support -- Fluid and electrolyte management of the surgical patient -- Hemostasis, surgical bleeding, and transfusion -- Shock -- Surgical infections -- Trauma -- Burns -- Wound healing -- Oncology -- Transplantation -- Patient safety -- Physiologic monitoring of the surgical patient -- Minimally invasive surgery, robotics, and natural orifice transluminal endoscopic surgery -- Molecular and genomic surgery -- The skin and subcutaneous tissue -- The breast -- Disorders of the head and neck -- Chest wall, lung, mediastinum, and pleura -- Congenital heart disease -- Acquired heart disease -- Thoracic aneurysms and aortic dissection -- Arterial disease -- Venous and lymphatic disease -- Esophagus and diaphragmatic hernia -- Stomach -- The surgical management of obesity -- Small intestine -- Colon, rectum, and anus -- The appendix -- Liver -- Gallbladder and the extrahepatic biliary system -- Pancreas -- Spleen -- Abdominal wall, omentum, mesentery, and retroperitoneum -- Soft tissue sarcomas -- Inguinal hernias -- Thyroid, parathyroid, and adrenal -- Pediatric surgery -- Urology -- Gynecology -- Neurosurgery -- Orthopedic surgery -- Surgery of the hand and wrist -- Plastic and reconstructive surgery -- Surgical considerations in the elderly -- Anesthesia of the surgical patient -- Ethics, palliative care, and care at the end of life.
- Print Material
- Scrub's bible 2013, Springer
- Severe injuries to the limbs 2007, SpringerIntroduction -- Primary treatment -- Definitive reconstruction -- Rehabilitation -- Treatment algorithm for missile open fractures of the limbs -- Conclusions.
- Shaped-beam radiosurgery 2011, Springer
- Short stay surgery 2008, Springer
- Shoulder arthroplasty 2005, Springer
- Shoulder concepts 2013 2013, SpringerPart I: ISAKOS Shoulder Terminology Project; Preliminary Report; Classifications and Scoring Systems -- Introduction -- A Review of Rotator Cuff Classifications in Current Use -- ISAKOS Classification System for Rotator Cuff Tears -- Review of Current Classifications of Shoulder Instability -- ISAKOS Consensus Shoulder Instability Classification System -- Outcomes Scores for Shoulder Instability and Rotator Cuff Disease -- Part II: Copenhagen Consensus on Acromio-Clavicular Disorders -- Copenhagen Consensus on Acromio-Clavicular Disorders -- Part III: Buenos Aires Consensus on Rotator Cuff Disease: Known Facts and Unresolved Issues -- Anatomy (Bone, Tendon, Bursa and Neurovascular Anatomy) -- Biomechanics -- Tendinosis, Impingement and Ruptures -- Arthroscopy and Repair -- Augments and Prosthesis.
- Simplified facial rejuvenation 2008, Springer
- Simulation training in laparoscopy and robotic surgery 2012, SpringerLessons Learned from the Aviation Industry: Surgical Checklists /Stig Müller and Hitendra R. H. Patel --Human Factors, Nontechnical Skills, and Surgical Training /Stig Müller, Waleed Al-Singary and Hitendra R. H. Patel --Current State of Laparoscopic and Robotic Surgery /Jens J. Rassweiler, Marcel Hruza, Thomas Frede and Salvatore Micali --Simulation and Training in Minimally Invasive Surgery /Sonal Arora, Shabnam Undre and Roger Kneebone --Value of Virtual Reality in Medical Education /Amina A. Bouhelal, Hitendra R. H. Patel and Bijendra Patel --The MIMIC Virtual Reality Trainer: Stepping into Three-Dimensional, Binocular, Robotic Simulation /Steven M. Lucas and Chandru P. Sundaram --Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy Skills Acquisition and Procedural Proficiency in Novices Using Virtual Reality /Amina A. Bouhelal, Hitendra R. H. Patel and Bijendra Patel --Lesson Learnt from the Military Surgeons Using Simulation in Trauma Surgery /Simon S. Fleming and John-Joe Reilly --Clinical and Educational Benefits of Surgical Telementoring /Knut Mague Augestad, Taridzo Chomutare, Johan G. Bellika, Andrius Budrionis and Rolv-Ole Lindsetmo, et al. --Portable Learning and Multimedia in Surgical Training /Narinderjit Singh Kullar, Stig Müller and Hitendra R. H. Patel.
- Skandalakis' Surgical anatomy 2004, AccessSurgery
- Special procedures in foot and ankle surgery 2013, SpringerSpecial Procedures in Foot and Ankle Surgery is designed for foot and ankle surgeons who desire to take their skill set to the next level. Advanced surgical techniques are highlighted for some of the more difficult problems encountered by foot and ankle surgeons such as Charcot deformity, chronic tendinopathies, osteochondral lesions, total ankle arthroplasty, tumors, adult flatfoot, cavus and Rheumatoid foot. The latest techniques, including endoscopic approaches are highlighted. This book is designed for all levels of foot and ankle surgeons to better care for their patients.
- Success in academic surgery. Part 1 2012, Springer
- Surface engineered surgical tools and medical devices 2007, SpringerFulltext Springer
- Surgery for sleep disordered breathing. 2nd ed. 2010, SpringerSleep Disordered Breathing / Kerstin Rohde and Thomas Verse -- General Aspects of Therapy / Thomas Verse -- Identifying the Site of Obstruction / Joachim T. Maurer and Thomas Verse -- Nasal Surgery / Thomas Verse and Wolfgang Pirsig -- Nasopharyngeal Surgery / Thomas Verse and Wolfgang Pirsig -- Palatal Surgery / Thomas Verse, Wolfgang Pirsig and Joachim T. Maurer -- Lower Pharyngeal Airway Procedures / Boris A. Stuck, Thomas Verse, Nico de Vries and Joachim T. Maurer -- Maxillofacial Surgeries / Thomas Verse and Thomas Hierl -- Laryngeal OSA / Thomas Verse -- Multilevel Surgery / Thomas Verse -- Tracheotomy / Thomas Verse and Wolfgang Pirsig -- Bariatric Surgery / Helge Kleinhans and Thomas Verse -- Anesthesiologic Airway Management / Harald V. Genzwuerker.
- Surgery for sleep-disordered breathing 2005, Springer
- Surgery for the dry eye 2008, KargerSurgery for the dry eye? / Geerling, G., Brewitt, H. -- The normal tear film / Tiffany, J.M. -- Functional anatomy and immunological interactions of ocular surface and adnexa / Paulsen, F. -- Classification and diagnosis of dry eye / Kaercher, T., Bron, A.J. -- Medical management of the dry eye disease / Tuft, S., Lakhani, S. -- Anti-inflammatory and immunosuppressive concepts / Nölle, B. -- Correction of entropion and ectropiona / Hintschich, C. --Correction of lid retraction and exophthalmos / Baldeschi, L. -- Lacrimal drainage surgery in a patient with dry eyes / Rose, G.E. -- Surgery of the conjunctiva / Yokoi, N., Inatomi, T., Kinoshita, S. -- Surgery of the cornea : corneal, limbal stem cell, and amniotic membrane transplantation / Kruse, F.E., Cursiefe, C. -- Keratoprosthesis surgery / Liu, C. ... [et al.] -- Eyelid botulinum toxin injections for the dry eye / Sahlin, S., Linderoth, R. --Plugs for occlusion of the lacrimal drainage system / Tost, F.H.W., Geerling, G. -- Surgical occlusion of the lacrimal drainage system / Geerling, G., Tost, F.H.W. -- Mucous membrane grafting / Henderson, H.W.A., Collin, J.R.O. -- Minor salivary gland transplantation / Geerling, G., Raus, P., Murube, J.Transplantation of the major salivary glands / Geerling, G., Sieg, P. -- Mechanical pump dacryoreservoirs / Murube, J., Geerling, G. -- Clinical trials in dry eye in surgery for dry eye? / Lemp, M.A. -- Animal models of dry eye / Schrader, S., Mircheff, A.K., Geerling, G. -- Flow chart on surgical approaches to dry eye / Geerling, G., Brewitt, H.
- Surgery in multimodal management of solid tumors 2009, Springer
- Surgery in the multimodal management of gastric cancer 2012, Springer
- Surgery of complex abdominal wall defects 2013, Springer
- Surgery of shoulder instability 2013, Springer
- Surgery of the adrenal gland 2013, SpringerHistorical Background or De quibusdam Renum glandulis: The History of Adrenals /Donatella Lippi --Surgical Anatomy /Celestino Pio Lombardi, Carmela De Crea, Francesco Pennestri and Marco Raffaelli --Pathology /Gabriella Nesi and Raffaella Santi --Diagnosis and Clinical Pictures /Gabriele Parenti and Massimo Mannelli --Imaging /Massimo Falchini and Vittoria Rufini --Perioperative Management /Tommaso Borracci, Luca Vitali, Lorenzo Antonuzzo, Liliana Sollazzi and Valter Perilli, et al. --General Principles of Adrenal Surgery /Robin M. Cisco and Quan-Yang Duh --Instrumentation and High-Technology /Francesco Corcione, Valentina Brancato and Michele Giuseppe Iovino --Right Flank Trans-Abdominal Laparoscopic Adrenalectomy /Carlo Bergamini and Andrea Valeri --Left Flank Trans-Abdominal Laparoscopic Adrenalectomy /Celestino Pio Lombardi, Marco Raffaelli, Carmela De Crea, Francesco Pennestri and Rocco Bellantone --Posterior Retroperitoneoscopic Adrenalectomy /Rocco Bellantone, Marco Raffaelli, Carmela De Crea, Luigi Oragano and Celestino Pio Lombardi --Open Adrenalectomy /Giorgio De Toma, Andrea Polistena and Giuseppe Cavallaro --Other Techniques of Video-Assisted and Open Adrenalectomies /Rocco Bellantone, Francesco Corcione, Celestino Pio Lombardi, Marco Raffaelli and Carmela De Crea, et al. --Outcome of Adrenal Surgery /Andrea Valeri and Carlo Bergamini.
- Surgery of the esophagus 2009, Springer
- Surgery of the thyroid and parathyroid glands 2007, Springer
- Surgery of the thyroid and parathyroid glands. 2nd ed. 2012, Springer
- Surgery on the move 2014, CRCnetBASE
- Print Material
- Print Material
- "The Fifth Edition of Greenfield's Surgery has been thoroughly revised, updated, and refocused to conform to changes in surgical education and practice. Reflecting the increasingly clinical emphasis of residency programs, this edition features expanded coverage of clinical material and increased use of clinical algorithms. Key Points open each chapter, and icons in the text indicate where Key Points are fully discussed. Many of the black-and-white images from the previous edition have been replaced by full-color images"--Provided by publisher.
- Surgery. 2nd ed. 2008, Springer
- Surgical anatomy of the internal carotid artery 2013, SpringerThis atlas provides all the basic and advanced information required by surgeons in order to understand fully the skull base anatomy. It is organized according to anatomo-surgical pathways to the hidden areas of the skull base. These pathways are described in step-by-step fashion with the aid of a wealth of color images and illustrations. The emphasis is on endoscopic anatomy, but in order to provide a holistic perspective, informative three-dimensional reconstructions are presented alongside the endoscopic images and radiologic images are included when appropriate. In effect, windows are opened
- Surgical disorders of the peripheral nerves. 2nd ed. 2011, Springer
- Surgical emergencies in clinical practice 2013, SpringerWith the introduction of new post-graduate Medical training in the UK, virtually all doctors will be exposed to some form of surgical training prior to specialization. Many of these doctors will have little exposure to surgical emergencies in medical school. Thus, they may unnecessarily refer to a senior doctor when not needed, or catastrophically neglect a patient needing urgent surgical opinion. Surgical Emergencies in Clinical Practice is a compact resource which allows any clinician, without previous surgical knowledge, to be able to make an accurate diagnosis and have a treatment plan for the whole spectrum of surgical emergencies. The essential steps of initial management of all surgical emergencies is outlined in a manner that can be used on a day-to-day basis for clinical management. Written by experts in the field, Surgical Emergencies in Clinical Practice is a valuable tool for all junior doctors and medical students in the UK, Europe, Asia and North America. It will also be of interest to nurse practitioners, general practitioners and allied health professionals managing these patients.
- Surgical English 2010, SpringerMethodological Approach to Surgical English -- Surgical Grammar -- Scientific Literature: Writing an Article -- Letters to Editors of Surgical Journals -- Attending an International Surgical Course -- Presenting an Oral Communication in English -- Chairing a Surgical Session -- Typical Mistakes That Surgeons Make When Speaking and Writing in English -- Latin and Greek Terminology -- Acronyms and Abbreviations in Surgery and Medicine -- Glossary of Surgical Terms -- Surgical English by Surgical Specialty -- Taking a Clinical History -- Writing a Surgical Report, Describing a Surgical Technique, Dictating a Report -- Writing a Hospital Discharge Report -- How to Write a Letter Requesting a Visit -- How to Write an International Curriculum Vitae -- Surgical Instruments -- Managing a Surgical Department -- Surgical Conversation Guide -- Conversation Survival Guide -- A Few Words About Effective Communication.
- Surgical examination of children. 2nd ed. 2013, Springer
- Surgical intensive care medicine. 2nd ed. 2010, SpringerSupplemental oxygen therapy -- Airway management in the intensive care unit -- Vascular cannulation -- Fluid resuscitation -- Vasoactive amines and inotropic agents -- Shock -- Hemodynamic monitoring -- Acid-base disorders -- Analgesia and sedation -- Neuromuscular blocking agents -- Optimization of the high-risk surgical patient -- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation -- Management of closed head injury -- Spinal cord injuries -- Ischemic stroke -- Hemorrhagic stroke -- Status epilepticus -- Critical illness plyneuorpathy and myopathy -- Management of hypertension in the perioperative period -- Postoperative myocardial infarction -- Management of postoperative arrhythmias -- Acute respiratory failure -- Mechanical ventilation -- Venous thromboembolism -- Fat emulsion syndrome -- Venous air embolism -- Sepsis -- Vascular catherter-related bloodstream infections -- Pneumonia -- Intra-abdominal sepsis -- Evaluation of the febrile patient in the ICU -- Antimicrobial use in surgical intensive care -- Coagulation abnormalities in the critically ill -- Blood products -- Hyperglycemia in the surgical intensive care unit -- Adrenal insufficiency -- Nutrition support in intensive care -- Acute kidney injury -- Renal replacement therapy -- Disorders of electrolytes -- Gastrointestinal bleeding -- Acute pancreatitis -- Trauma -- Burns -- The abdominal compartment syndrome -- Rhabdomyolysis -- Postoperative care of the cardiac surgical patient -- Postoperative care following major vascular surgery -- Postoperative care after bariatric surgery -- Care of the organ donor -- Postoperative care of the heart transplant patient -- Postoperative care of the lung-transplant patient -- Postoperative care of the liver-transplant patient -- Postoperative care of the pancreas-transplant recipient -- Management of the critically ill geriatric patient -- Alcohol withdrawal in the surgical patient: prevention and treatment -- Ethics and the end-of-life care -- Scoring systems and outcome prediction -- Improving the intensive care unit -- Continuing education in critical care medicine.
- 100 cases in surgery. Second edition. ..
- — General thoracic surgery. 7th ed. ......
- Genetics for surgeons ..................
- — Pathology and surgery around the vert...
- Pediatric airway surgery ...............
- — Surgical intensive care medicine. 2nd...
- Surgical management of congenital hea...
- — Zollinger's Atlas of surgical operati...
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- AAP Red Book Online
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Sabiston Textbook of Surgery
- Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics
- Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics
- Mandell, Douglas, & Bennett's Principles & Practice of Infectious Diseases
- Red Book Online
- ICU Book
- Primary Care Medicine
- Campbell-Walsh Urology
Shortcut to Licensed Content
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Links” (IE7) or “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
Shortcut for iPhone
What is it?
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) gives you access to resources licensed by the library even when you're not coming from a Lane or a Stanford IP address.
While we'd like Lane to be your gateway to our licensed content, we recognize that links to books, articles and journals come from a variety of different sources (Google, your email, RSS reader, etc.).
When installed, it will look your browser bookmark.
At the page you would like to proxy, click the "Lane Gateway to Licensed Content" to invoke it.
If Lane licenses that content, you'll get access as if you were on campus.
How does it work?
This allows you to view the URL as though you were on campus, giving you access to materials licensed for use by the Stanford academic community.
If you're not authenticated, you'll be prompted for your SUNetID and password.
Don't see the Toolbar, Bookmarks, or Links or Favorites bar?
From the "View" menu, select "Toolbars" & choose "Bookmarks Toolbar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Show Bookmarks Bar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Always Show Bookmarks Bar"
- Right-click in a clear area near the browser address bar
- In the menu, check a box next "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites" (IE8, IE9)
- Managing IE Favorites
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) only works with resources Lane has licensed and configured to work with our proxy server.
If invoked on a resource we do not license and/or have not yet configured, you will see an error message:
The Lane proxy server cannot complete your request because this host has not been configured properly.
We make no attempt to configure our proxy server for every resource, only those we license and for which a Stanford IP address grants access.
Drag this button onto your browser toolbar to install.
- Right click this button
- Select "Add to Favorites", click "Continue" if you see a security alert
- In "Create in" menu, select "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites Bar" (IE8, IE9) to install
Drag this button onto Safari Bookmarks bar to install.
Can't find it?
- Springer Protocols
- MD Consult
- Lange Series
- National Academy Press
- NCBI Bookshelf
- Thieme Atlases