Books by Subject
- 100 cases in surgery. Second edition [2nd ed.] — Contemporary oral and maxillofacial surgery. 6th ed. (178)
- Controversies in laparoscopic surgery — Medical management of the surgical patient. 3rd ed. (178)
- Medical management of the thoracic surgery patient — Revision ACL reconstruction : indications and technique (178)
- Rhinology and facial plastic surgery — Zollinger's Atlas of surgical operations : Robert M. Zollinger Jr., E. Christopher Ellison ; illustrations ... by Marita Bitans and Jennifer Smith.. 9th ed. (175)
- 2010 ClinicalKeyLewis, Michael I.; McKenna, Robert J.This book is a comprehensive pulmonary and thoracic reference that takes a practical approach to the diagnosis, workup and care of the thoracic surgery patient. It is geared towards pulmonary and critical care physicians and their trainees as well as all other specialties with whom thoracic surgeons consult and interact. It outlines the principles for understanding the underlying disease entities as well as the clinical implications and complications of surgery, and interprets key surgical concepts such as correlative and functional anatomy for non-surgeons. Contributions from todays authorities, at-a-glance detailed key information, as well as summary bullets ; and a multidisciplinary perspective, combine to offer essential guidance for confident patient management.
- 2007 ClinicalKeyLim, Eric Kian Saik; Loke, Yoon Kong; Thompson, Alastair M.1. Diseases of the cardiovascular system -- 2. Diseases of the respiratory system -- 3. Diseases of the ear, nose, and throat -- 4. Diseases of the gastrointestinal system -- 5. Diseases of the liver, biliary system and pancreas -- 6. Diseases of the endocrine system -- 7. Diabetes and other metabolic diseases -- 8. Diseases of the bones and joints -- 9. Diseases of the nervous system and voluntary muscle -- 10. Diseases of the eye -- 11. Diseases of the kidney and urinary system -- 12. Diseases of the haematological system -- 13. Diseases of the breast -- 14. Diseases of the skin -- 15. Infectious diseases.
- 2015 SpringerOderich, Gustavo S.This book represents the first comprehensive textbook devoted to the standard of care, current guidelines and innovations in the field of mesenteric vascular disease. The book reviews imaging modalities, diagnostic work up, physiologic tests, traditional open surgical techniques and novel endovascular approaches. Technical aspects of both open surgical and endovascular techniques are provided by experts in the field, with illustrations and photographs of key steps for each type of procedure. Results of epidemiologic studies and national databases are summarized, as well as large institutional experiences. An evidence-based approach is used for recommendations regarding best therapies. Diagnostic approaches including imaging and novel physiologic tests, including gastric tonometry and oxygen light spectroscopy are also covered. Mesenteric Vascular Disease: Current Therapy will serve as a very useful resource for clinicians, surgeons, interventionalists, gastroenterologists and researchers dealing with and interested in mesenteric vascular diseases.
- 2009 SpringerGupta, Devendra K.
- 2013 SpringerSandlow, Jay I.Male Infertility Microsurgical Training / Philip S. Li, Ranjith Ramasamy and Marc Goldstein -- Microsurgery Training: What Should a Resident Know? Should All Microsurgeons be Fellowship Trained? / Ethan Grober and Peter N. Kolettis -- Microsurgical Subinguinal Varix Ligation: Techniques and Technical Pearls / Joshua A. Bodie and Jay I. Sandlow -- Vasovasostomy Techniques for Microsurgery Specialists / Kalen Rimar, Landon Trost and Robert E. Brannigan -- Epididymovasostomy: Tips and Tricks of the Trade / James F. Smith and Ajay K. Nangia -- Sperm Retrieval Techniques in Obstructive Azoospermia: MESA, PESA, and TESA / Anand Shridharani and Jay I. Sandlow -- Microsurgical Testicular Sperm Extraction: Technical Considerations / Peter N. Schlegel -- Noninfertility Scrotal Microsurgery / Akanksha Mehta and Marc Goldstein -- Testis-Sparing Surgery for Testicular Masses / Oleksandr Stakhovskyi and Michael A. S. Jewett -- Robotic Microsurgery for Male Infertility / Sijo J. Parekattil, Ahmet Gudeloglu and Jamin V. Brahmbhatt -- The Role of Microsurgical Reconstruction in the Era of ICSI / Karen Baker and Edmund Sabanegh Jr -- Tubal Microsurgery / Jeffrey M. Goldberg and Tommaso Falcone -- Microsurgical Penile Revascularization, Replantation, and Reconstruction / Jeffrey Lee Rosenblum and Arthur L. Burnett.
- 2016 SpringerLi, Shi-Ting; Sekula, Raymond F.; Zhong, Jun.
- 2006 SpringerHildmann, Henning; Bernal-Sprekelsen, Manuel; Sudhoff, Holger.
- 2009 ClinicalKeyBoehm, Kristin A.; Castro, Cláudio Cardoso de.Anatomy of the upper and lower eyelids -- Anchoring technique for browlifting -- Correction of upper lid ptosis -- Correction of the tear through deformity with hyaluronic acid -- Lower lid blepharoplasty with fat grafts for correction of the tear though -- No-touch lower blepharoplasty -- Alloplastic augmentation to improve blepharoplasty and midfacial results -- Orbital aging and harmony in orbital rejuvenation -- Evolution of the subperiosteal midface lift -- Midface elevation: one single suture -- Is the transpalpebral approach to the upper and midface rejuvenation a safe method? -- A personal approach to upper and lower blepharoplasty -- Transconjuctival deep-plane midface rejuvenation -- Correction of blepharoplasty complications, management of the elevated upper eylid during blepharoplasty -- Atypical granulomas and infection after blepharoplasty -- Autogenous allogeneic and alloplastic lower lid spacers after blepharoplasty
- 2014 SpringerJudet, Henri; Poitout, Dominique G.In recent years, mini-invasive surgery has become increasingly important for reducing the risk of infection and minimizing blood loss and volume of implants. Hip surgery requires small incisions, which make the use of the appropriate equipment and an extensive knowledge of the anatomy of the region essential. Mini-invasive surgery requires the surgeon to consider the indications for surgery for each patient he treats and to know the exact loco-regional anatomy for that patient. Methods must be very precise and warrant visual explanations to help teach young surgeons.
- 2014 SpringerSinger, Michael C.; Terris, David J."Minimally Invasive and Robotic Thyroid and Parathyroid Surgery is the first textbook which includes a comprehensive review of both minimally invasive and robotic thyroid and parathyroid techniques. Over the last several years there has been a rapid expansion in the number of different surgical approaches available to patients undergoing thyroid and parathyroid surgery. This book consolidates these in one source and focuses on both the philosophy and techniques of these procedures. For thyroid surgery, the text covers the full range of minimally invasive procedures and several of the most widely adopted remote access techniques. Several related procedures are also discussed, including minimally invasive approaches to central and lateral neck dissection. For parathyroid surgery, several minimally invasive techniques are covered, including radioguided surgery. Written by experts in the field of thyroid and parathyroid surgery, Minimally Invasive and Robotic Thyroid and Parathyroid Surgery serves as a critical resource for both experienced and less experience surgeons, fellows, residents, and students interested in understanding the breadth of this field or learning the specific steps of a particular technique."--Publisher's website.
- 2015 SpringerLucchese, Marcello; Scopinaro, Nicola.This book explains the concept of metabolic surgery and provides step-by-step descriptions of all the principal minimally invasive surgical techniques employed to treat morbid obesity. The approach adopted is very practical. For each procedure, indications, technical aspects, clinical management, and outcomes are described, and helpful tips and tricks, highlighted. Guidance is provided on the management of emergencies and potential complications, as well as on general postoperative management and long-term follow-up. The coverage also includes new frontiers of robotic and endoscopic surgery. While the focus is on surgical techniques, emphasis is placed on the need for a multidisciplinary approach, with explanation of the role of the multidisciplinary team and the bariatric center. In addition, important information is presented on the definition of morbid and severe obesity, incidence/prevalence, pathophysiology, and obesity-related comorbidities. The authors are internationally acknowledged experts who present best practice know-how in the field and draw on the most recent research literature.
- 2015 SpringerBrethauer, Stacy A.; Schauer, P. R.; Schirmer, Bruce D.The second edition of Minimally Invasive Bariatric Surgery provides a comprehensive, state-of-the art review of this field, and it serves as a valuable resource for clinicians, surgeons and researchers with an interest in minimally invasive bariatric surgery. Additionally, the second edition includes new features that will benefit the resident, fellow, or bariatric surgeon new to the field. Specifically, each evidence-based chapter (i.e. outcomes, complications, epidemiology, etc) concludes with three or four exam questions that emphasize the salient points of the chapter and provide fellowship programs a valuable training tool and resource for their academic curriculum. These questions are either single-answer multiple choice or true/false format and the correct response with a brief explanation follows. As more emphasis is placed on completing a comprehensive curriculum and obtaining certification for bariatric training, this aspect of the book is unique and provides added value to the text. The new edition also incorporates many new or updated medical illustrations to enhance the technique chapters and provide more uniformity for the artwork throughout the book. Each of the major procedures include surgical technique, outcomes, and management of complications in separate chapters to provide an easy reference for the busy clinician preparing for a case or presentation. Another unique feature of the text is a link to video files hosted online for the relevant chapters. This video library will be of great value to the user. As the number of fellowships in laparoscopic bariatric surgery continues to increase, this updated text will provide a valuable resource for general and bariatric surgeons, laparoscopic surgeons, fellows, residents, medical students, obesity researchers, and industry representatives involved in this field. Minimally Invasive Bariatric Surgery is a valuable resource for Medical students, surgical oncology fellows, general surgeons, and educators.
- 2010 SpringerGreene, Frederick L.; Heniford, B. Todd.As minimal access approaches to cancer diagnosis, staging, and therapy become more widely used, it is vital for general surgeons, along with laparoscopists, surgical oncologists and medical oncologists, to stay up to date. The editors, a team consisting of a renowned surgical oncologist and a laparoscopic specialist, aim to provide a resource for the practicing general surgeon using basic minimally invasive techniques. The book discusses diagnosis including biopsy with microinstrumentation, staging, and palliative and curative resection. Specific tumor sites are addressed, including esophagus, stomach, spleen, small bowel, pancreato-biliary, hepatic resection, and colo-rectal resection. Minimally invasive approaches to the thoracic and retroperitoneal areas are included. The book provides a thorough overview of basic cancer biology, instrumentation, and ultrasound. Additionally, Greene and Heniford explore controversial issues such as port-site recurrence and the effect of pneumoperitoneum on the spread of cancer cells in the abdomen. Many photographs and line drawings, including 16 in full color, illustrate the principles discussed in the text. A must-have for every practicing general surgeon, laparoscopic fellow, and general surgery resident.
- 2009 ClinicalKeyNahai, Farzad R.; Nahai, Foad.Botox® cosmetic / Alan Matarasso, David Shafer -- Chemical peels / Richard H. Bensimon -- Radiofrequency ablation for the reduction of glabellar frowning / James Newman -- Dermabrasion . Farzad R. Nahai -- Wire dissection to correct facial rhytids / Miles H. Graivier -- Use of barbed sutures in the face / Malcolm D. Paul -- Facial rejuvenation with structural fat grafting / Alesia P. Saboeiro, Sydney R. Coleman / Necklift vs neck rejuvenation / Patrick K. Sullivan, Erik A. Hoy -- Short-scar facelift / Alexis M. Verpaele, Patrick L. Tonnard -- Endoscopic brow lift / Renato Saltz, Mark A. Codner -- Treatment of the superficial musculo-aponeurotic system during minimally invasive facial rejuvenation / Salvatore J. Pacella, Farzad Nahai, Mark A. Codner -- Limited Incision midface lift / Oscar M. Ramirez. DVD Contents: Clinical uses of Botox® / Alan Matarasso, David M. Shafer -- Trichloracetic acid chemical peel / Mark A. Codner -- Croton oil peel / Richard H. Bensimon -- Dermabrasion / Farzad R. Nahai -- Wire dissection to correct facial rhytids / Miles H. Graivier -- Submental dissection /Farzad R. Nahai -- Short scar facelift / Foad Nahai -- Endoscopic browlift / Mark A. Codner -- Limited incision midface lift / Oscar M. Ramirez.
- 2013 SpringerEasley, Mark E.; Maffulli, Nicola.Minimally Invasive Forefoot Surgery in Clinical Practice describes a number of the better established and accepted minimally invasive surgical correction techniques for forefoot problems, and is aimed at junior and general orthopedic surgeons who require a useful easy reference for these procedures.The concise written text is complemented by a generous assortment of useful photos, diagrams, and imaging studies.
- 2015 SpringerHochwald, Steven N.; Kukar, Moshim.This book provides detailed, comprehensive and illustrative content to the surgical community in the areas of foregut oncologic surgery. The text contains an in-depth review of all surgical aspects of oncologic diseases involving the stomach and esophagus. The main focus is on the minimally invasive techniques including potential complications and their management. The text also includes an online link to the videos for all minimally invasive foregut surgical procedures, including animation content which provide a more comprehensive learning experience. Minimally Invasive Foregut Surgery for Malignancy: Principles and Practice is structured in a way that makes it useful at every level of training and will be of great utility to practicing surgeons, fellows in surgical subspecialty training and surgical residents.
- 2015 SpringerIstre, Olav.
- 2006 SpringerMayer, H. Michael.A minimally invasive open approach for reconstruction of the anterior column of the thoracic and lumbar spine / B. Knowles ... [et al.] -- Percutaneous vertebroplasty in osteoporotic vertebral fractures / G.M. Hess, H.M. Mayer -- Microsurgical open vertebroplasty and kyphoplasty / B.M. Boszczyk ... [et al.] -- Percutaneous kyphoplasty in traumatic fractures / G. Maestretti, P. Otten -- Lumbar spine. Low back pain. Inteventional and semi-invasive procedures for low back pain and disc herniation / M.K. Schäufele -- Disc. Intradiscal electrothermal therapy / J. Saal -- Microtherapy in low back pain / A.T. Yeung, C.A. Yeung -- Principles of microsurgical discectomy in lumbar disc herniations / H.M. Mayer -- The microsurgical interlaminar, paramedian approach / H.M. Mayer -- The translaminar approach / L. Papavero -- General. Minimally invasive spine surgery / H.M. Mayer -- Technological advances of surgical microscopes for spine surgery / W. Rulffes -- Spinal microsurgery: a short introduction / H.M. Mayer -- Microsurgical instruments / A. Korge -- Operating room setup and handling of surgical microscopes / K. Wiechert -- Computer-assisted minimally invasive spine surgery - state of the art / F. Langlotz, L.P. Nolte -- Cervical spine. Odontoid. Technique of transoral odontoidectomy / P.J. Apostolides ... [et al.] -- Microsurgical treatment of odontoid fractures / P. Klimo Jr., G. Rao, R.I. Apfelbaum -- Disc surgery/decompression. Microsurgery of the cervical spine: the anterior approach / L. Papavero -- Anterior cervical foraminotomy (microsurgical and endoscopic) / W.F. saringer -- Functional segmental reconstruction with the Bryan cervical disc prosthesis / J. Goffin -- Microsurgical total cervical disc replacement / H.M. Mayer -- Microsurgical posterior approaches to the cervical spine / P.H. Young, J.P. Young, J.C. Young -- Microsurgical C1 - 1 stabilization / D. Fassett, R.I. Apfelbaum -- Thoracic/thoracolumbar spine. General techniques. Microsurgical anterior approach to T5 - 10 (Mini-TTA) / H.M. Mayer -- Microsurgical anterior approach to the thoracolumbar junction / H.M. Mayer -- Anatomic principles of thoracoscopic spine surgery / U. Liljenqvist -- Principles of endoscopic techniques to the thoracic and lumbar spine / G.M. McCullen, A.A. Criscitiello, H.A. Yuan -- Biomechanical requirements in minimally invasive spinal fracture treatment / M. Schultheiss ... [et al.] -- Deformities. Thoracoscopic approaches in spinal deformities and trauma / M. Dufoo-Olvera -- Thoracoscopic techniques in spinal deformities / D. Sucato -- Mini-open endoscopic excision of hemivertebrae / R. Stücker -- Fractures. Thoracoscopically assisted anterior approach to thoracolumbar fractures / R. Beisse -- Spinal stenosis. Microsurgical decompresssion of acquired (degenerative) central and lateral spinal canal stenosis / H.M. Mayer -- Fusion. Microsurgical anterior lumbar interbody fusion (Mini-ALIF): the lateral retroperitoneal approach to L2/3, L3/4, and L4/5 / H.M. Mayer -- Microsurgical anterior lumbar interbody fusion (Mini-ALIF): the transperitoneal approach to L5/S1 / H.M. Mayer -- Minimally invasive 360° lumbar fusion / M. Aebi -- The anterior extraperitoneal video-assisted approach to the lumbar spine / M. Onimus, H. Chataigner -- Dynamic stabilization. Minimally invasive dynamic stabilization of the lumbar motion segment with an interspinous implant / J. Sénégas -- Technical and anatomical considerations for the placement of a posterior interspinous stabilizer / J. Taylor, S. Ritland -- Elastic microsurgical stabilization with a posterior shock absorber / S. Caserta, G.A. La Maida, B. Misaggi. The lateral, extraforaminal approach / L. Papavera -- Transforaminal endoscopic discectomy / J. Krugluger -- Microscopically assisted percutaneous technique as a minimally invasive approach to the posterior spine / R. Greiner-Perth, H. Boehm, E. El Saghir -- Arthroscopic and endoscopic spine surgery via a posterolateral approach / P. Kambin -- The full-endoscopic interlaminar approach for lumbar disc herniations / S. Ruetten -- Outpatient microsurgical lumbar discectomy and microde-compression laminoplasty / R.S. Biscup, V. Podichetty -- Disc reconstruction. Nucleus reconstruction by autologous chondrocyte transplantation / H.-J. Meisel, T. Ganey -- Autologous disc chondrocyte transplantation / F. Grochulla, H.M. Mayer, A. Korge -- The ALPA approach for minimally invasive nucleus pulposus replacement / R. Bertagnoli -- Mini-open midline accesses for lumbar total disc replacement / H.M. Mayer --
- 2014 SpringerLieberman, I. H.; Phillips, Frank M.; Polly, David W.Over the past decade, minimally invasive techniques have developed rapidly and are widely applied in the management of spine disorders. With the development of enabling technologies, including specifically designed spinal retractor systems, intra-operative imaging and navigation technologies, and real-time neural monitoring, minimally invasive spine surgery (MISS) techniques are safe, effective and reproducible. Indeed, studies have confirmed the clinical and economic advantages of these procedures. Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery includes detailed discussions of enabling technologies, surgical techniques (including posterior decompression and fusion), approaches to specific diseases and conditions, as well as strategies to manage the unique risks and complications of MISS. Generously illustrated, this will be an essential reference for orthopedic surgeons, neurosurgeons and all health care professionals who treat the spine.
- 2013 SpringerEasley, Mark E.; Maffulli, Nicola.Minimally Invasive Surgery for Achilles Tendon Disorders in Clinical Practice is a collection of procedures presented by experts and pioneers in foot and ankle surgery who share an interest in developing less invasive methods of treating disorders of the foot and ankle. The rate of complications of traditional surgery is extremely high: in the management of tendinopathy, traditional techniques result in 10% of patients experiencing a complication related to skin healing. It is therefore not surprising that less invasive techniques have been advocated.This book will serve as an excellent pocket reference when repairing disorders of the Achilles and aimed general orthopedic surgeons and specialist who require a useful easy reference for these procedures.
- 2011 SpringerEasley, Mark E.; Maffulli, Nicola.Minimally invasive foot surgery: a paradigm shift -- Computer-assisted surgery (CAS) in foot and ankle surgery -- Tendoscopy -- Arthroscopy of the first metatarsophalangeal joint -- Minimally invasive management of hallux rigidus -- Percutaneous first metatarso-phalangeal joint fusion -- The Reverdin-Isham procedure for the correction of hallux valgus: a distal metatarsal osteotomy procedure using minimal invasive technique -- Arthroscopic assisted correction of hallux valgus deformity -- Minimally invasive hallux valgus correction -- Minimally invasive modified Wilson osteotomy for the treatment of hallux valgus -- Percutaneous surgery for static metatarsalgia -- Percutaneous treatment of static metatarsalgia with distal metatarsal mini-invasive osteotomy -- Isham hammertoe procedures for the correction of lesser digital deformities -- Minimally invasive management of dorsiflexion contracture at the metatarsophalangeal joint and plantarflexion contracture at the proximal interphalangeal joint of the fifth toe -- Arthroscopic assisted correction of lesser toe deformity -- Percutaneous fixation of proximal fifth metatarsal fractures -- Minimally invasive realignment surgery of the charcot foot -- Arthroscopic triple arthrodesis -- Percutaneous calcaneal displacement osteotomy -- Tendoscopy of the flexor halluces longus tendon -- Open reduction and internal fixation of calcaneal fractures through a combined medial and lateral approach using a small incision technique -- Endoscopic plantar fasciotomy -- Arthroscopic Os trigonum excision -- Endoscopic calcaneoplasty -- Postero-medial approach in the supine position for posterior ankle endoscopy -- Ankle equinus and endoscopic gastrocnemius recession -- Athroscopic arthrodesis of the ankle -- Percutaneous osteosynthesis of distal tibial fractures using locking plates -- Percutaneous supramalleolar osteotomy using the Ilizarov/Taylor spatial frame -- Minimally invasive management of syndesmotic injuries -- Endoscopic assisted percutaneous Achilles tendon repair -- Percutaneous repair of acute Achilles tendon ruptures -- Minimally invasive semitendinosus tendon graft augmentation for reconstruction of chronic tears of the Achilles tendon -- Minimally invasive Achilles tendon reconstruction using the peroneus brevis tendon graft -- Free hamstrings tendon transfer and interference screw fixation for less invasive reconstruction of chronic avulsions of the Achilles tendon -- Percutaneous longitudinal tenotomies for chronic Achilles tendinopathy -- Minimally invasive stripping for chronic Achilles tendinopathy.
- 2013 SpringerCalise, Fulvio; Casciola, Luciano.The treatment of liver diseases comprises a significant component of the practice of any general surgeon, whether working in an academic, a general, or a community hospital. With the rapid expansion in knowledge and technology, the liver has also been approached laparoscopically in specialized centers, with well-recognized advantages for patients. This book aims to communicate the large body of experience that has now been accumulated in minimally invasive liver surgery, with comprehensive and up-to-date information on the newest techniques. After a concise description of the main tools and technology necessary to carry out safe laparoscopic and/or robot-assisted liver surgery, individual operative techniques are explained and illustrated. Each chapter includes introductory information, a summary of indications and contraindications, and a detailed description of surgical procedure, including potential complications of both the surgery and the postoperative care. Special efforts have been taken to ensure that the illustrations are accurate and informative. The text is supplemented by a DVD of different procedures as performed by leading European liver surgeons.
- 2014 SpringerMenchetti, Pier Paolo Maria.Minimally invasive procedures are increasingly utilized and are replacing open surgery to reduce scarring and pain, enhance patient recovery, and minimize cost. This guide provides step-by-step guidance, expert instruction, and detailed illustration of the most recent minimally invasive orthopedic spine procedures. With a variety of chapters covering critical developments in the field including the utilization of biologic materials, image-guided surgery, and bone fusion, this guide delves into discussions of indications, methods for preoperative planning, complication avoidance strategies.
- 2011 SpringerAshley, Stanley W.; Matteotti, Ronald.The past 20 years have witnessed an extraordinarily rapid adoption of minimally invasive surgical techniques, and increasingly these techniques are being employed in the diagnosis and treatment of a wide range of malignancies. This book is designed to serve as a unique and comprehensive overview of the current status of minimally invasive surgery in oncology patients and in addition offers valuable insights into the future of this constantly evolving field. The first section of the book is devoted to essential background information and to explaining what is physiologically distinctive in the cancer patient undergoing laparoscopic surgery. The second section then examines in detail a wide range of clinical aspects and issues across different disciplines, with clear instruction on the use of minimally invasive procedures. The aim is to enable the reader to make treatment decisions appropriate to the individual patient, to carry them out effectively, and to institute suitable postoperative care. Summaries of the latest knowledge in traditional therapies such as chemotherapy are also provided when appropriate. Each chapter is written by a recognized expert, and numerous high-quality illustrations are included to assist understanding. This book will serve both as a clinical reference guide and as an operative atlas, and is certain to prove invaluable in daily clinical practice.
- 2016 SpringerBellantone, Rocco; Lombardi, Celestino Pio.1. Ultrasound features of thyroid, parathyroid, neck lymph nodes: normal and pathologic pattern -- 2. Fine needle aspiration biopsy -- 3. Cytology of thyroid lesions -- 4. Molecular markers in thyroid fine-needle aspiration biopsises -- 5. Percutaneous ethanol injection for the management of thyroid lesions -- 6. Percutaneous laser thermal ablation (LAT): techniques, indications, experience, and complications -- 7. Percutaneous radiofrequency ablation -- 8. High-intensity focused ultrasound ablation (Hi-FU) in endocrine neck diseases -- 9. Mini-invasive techniques for the treatment of thyroid nodules: critical issues -- 10. Minimally invasive video-assisted thyroidectomy (MIVAT) -- 11. Locoregional anesthesia in thyroid and parathyroid surgery -- 12. Robotic thyroidectomy -- 13. Minimally invasive video-assisted parathyroidectomy (MIVAP) -- 14. Endoscopic parathyroidectomy -- 15. Minimally invasive video-assisted neck dissection -- 16. Minimally invasive surgical techniques: critical appraisal and future perspectives -- 17. Superior laryngeal nerve monitoring -- 18. Recurrent laryngeal nerve monitoring -- 19. Hemostatic devices -- 20. Topical hemostatic agents -- 21. Critical appraisal -- 22. How to avoid and manage post-operative complications -- 23. Perioperative medical treatment -- 24. Patient counselling and patients' involvement in health policy.
- 2012 SpringerInderbitzi, Rolf.Part I. Minimally invasive thoracic surgery, general -- Part II. Minimally invasive thoracic surgery, the lung -- Part III. Minimally invasive thoracic surgery, the pleura -- Part IV. Minimally invasive thoracic surgery, the mediastinum -- Part V. Minimally invasive thoracic surgery, chest wall -- Part VI. Minimally invasive thoracic surgery, the oesophagus -- Part VII. Minimally invasive thoracic surgery, the diaphragm -- Part VIII. Minimally invasive cardiac surgery, general -- Part IX. Minimally invasive cardiac surgery, the heart -- Index.
- 2012 SpringerChung, Woong Youn; Linos, Dimitrios.This book describes in detail the various techniques of minimally invasive thyroidectomy that have emerged in recent years and presents the new supportive equipment, including intraoperative monitoring and energy devices. In addition, the basic preoperative techniques that are a prerequisite to successful thyroidectomy are covered, and individual chapters are devoted to complications, outcomes, and post-thyroidectomy quality of life. Important related topics are also discussed, including guidelines for managing papillary and medullary thyroid cancer and the surgical management of metastatic lymph nodes. Both the editors and the authors are internationally renowned experts, and they include the founders of several of the techniques described. The up-to-date text is supplemented by many color pictures and medical illustrations, making the book very user-friendly and ideal for the busy surgeon or endocrinologist who is interested in the management of thyroid diseases.
- 2011 SpringerBonser, Robert S.; Haverich, A.; Pagano, Domenico.Surgical anatomy of the mitral and tricuspid valve -- Pathology and classification of mitral valve disease -- Chronic mitral regurgitation -- Chronic ischemic mitral regurgitation -- Asymptomatic mitral valve regurgitation: watchful wait or early repair?: review of the current evidence -- Mitral valve prosthesis insertion with preservation of the sub-valvar apparatus -- How I assess and repair the Barlow mitral valve: the respect rather than resect approach -- How I assess and repair the Barlow mitral valve: the edge-to-edge technique -- How I assess and repair the Barlow mitral valve -- Ischemic mitral regurgitation -- Minimally invasive mitral valve surgery -- Mitral stenosis -- Atrial fibrillation: non-surgical management -- Ablation of atrial fibrillation with cardiac surgery -- Tricuspid regurgitation: natural history, assessment, and intervention.
- 2009 SpringerMcMinn, Derek.Development perspectives / Derek J.W. McMinn -- Materials and metallurgy / Tim J. Band -- Machining processes / Roger W.F. Ashton -- Hip joint tribology / Amir Kamali -- Corrosion and its contribution to metal release / Joseph Daniel and Amir Kamali -- Retrieval analysis / Tim J. Band, Roger W.F. Ashton, and Amir Kamali -- Cementing technique in Birmingham Hip Resurfacing / Stephen McMahon and Gabrielle Hawdon -- Migration studies / Arne Lundberg and Raed Itayem -- Vascularity of the femoral head in hip resurfacing / Stephen McMahon and Gabrielle Hawdon -- Femoral head blood supply studies / Nobuhiko Sugano, Takashi Nishii, and Takehito Hananouchi -- Acetabular bone conservation / Joseph Daniel, Hena Ziaee, and Derek J.W. McMinn -- Femoral DEXA studies in hip arthroplasty / Nobuhiko Sugano -- Metal ions / Joseph Daniel and Hena Ziaee -- Patient selection and timing of operation / Joseph Daniel, Chandra Pradhan, and Hena Ziaee -- Anesthesia, pain control, and thromboprophylaxis / Jonathan W. Freeman -- Anesthesia with special emphasis on pain control / Dennis R. Kerr and Lawrence Kohan -- Templating for the Birmingham Hip Resurfacing from conventional X-rays / Derek J.W. McMinn -- Computer templating of hip resurfacing arthroplasty / James Slover, Erik Wetter, and Henrik Malchau -- Partient positioning and exposure / Derek J.W. McMinn -- Acetabular preparation and insertion of the standard Birmingham Hip Resurfacing cup / Derek J.W. McMinn -- Acetabular preparation and insertion of the dysplasia Birmingham Hip Resurfacing cup / Derek J.W. McMinn -- Implantation of the femoral component of the Birmingham Hip Resurfacing / Derek J.W. McMinn -- Birmingham mid-head resection prosthesis and its implantation / Derek J.W. McMinn -- Guides, jigs, and navigation-assisted Birmingham Hip Resurfacing / Derek J.W. McMinn -- Management of complex anatomy / Joseph Daniel ... [et al.] -- Outcomes and standards for hip resurfacing / Callum W. McBryde and Paul B. Pynsent -- Results of Birmingham Hip Resurfacing in different diagnoses / Joseph Daniel ... [et al.] -- Complications and revisions of the Birmingham Hip Resurfacing / Chandra Pradhan, Joseph Daniel, and Hena Ziaee -- Rehabilitation after the Birmingham Hip Resurfacing / Anne Hands, Hena Ziaee, and Chandra Pradhan -- Recovery and rehabilitation / Lawrence Kohan and Dennis R. Kerr -- Final thoughts / Derek J.W. McMinn and James W. Pritchett.
- v.1-2, 2009 ClinicalKeyWeidner, Noel.Part I: The Surgical Pathology Laboratory -- 1. Gross Room and Specimen Handling -- Lucien E. Nochomovitz -- 2. Intraoperative Consultations in Surgical Pathology -- Mahendra Ranchod -- 3. The Surgical Pathology Report -- Debra Hawes, Richard J. Cote, Noel Weidner -- 4. Anatomic Pathology Laboratory Information Systems -- Anil V. Parwani, Eric Schubert, William Gross, John Gilbertson, Michael J. Becich -- 5. Immunohistochemistry -- Debra Hawes, Shan-Rong Shi, David J. Dabbs, Clive R. Taylor, Richard J. Cote -- 6. Role of Electron Microscopy in Modern Diagnostic Surgical Pathology -- Robert A. Erlandson -- 7. Molecular Biology -- Sharon P. Wilczynski -- 8. The Essential Quality Improvement and Educational Programs in Surgical Pathology -- Robert R. Rickert -- 9. Medicolegal Issues in Surgical Pathology -- David B. Troxel -- Part 2: Head and Neck -- 10. Nasal Cavity, Paranasal Sinuses, and Nasopharynx -- Bruce M. Wenig, Mary Richardson -- 11. Larynx -- Lester D.R. Thompson -- 12. Salivary Glands -- Gary L. Ellis, Paul L. Auclair -- 13. Ear and Temporal Bone -- Bruce M. Wenig -- 14. Oral Cavity and Jaws -- Noel Weidner, Kurt Matthews, Joseph A. Regezi -- Part 3: Thoracic System -- 15. Lung -- Saul Suster, Cesar A. Moran -- 16. Serosal Membranes -- Lawrence M. Weiss -- 17. Mediastinum -- Saul Suster, Cesar A. Moran -- 18. Heart and Blood Vessels -- Allen Burke, Renu Virmani -- Part 4: Breast -- 19. Breast -- Noel Weidner -- Part 5: Gastrointestinal Tract -- 20. Esophagus -- Christopher A. Moskaluk -- 21. Stomach -- David Lewin, Klaus J. Lewin (deceased) -- 22. Small Intestine -- David Lewin, Klaus J. Lewin (deceased) -- 23. Large Intestine (Colon) -- Robert E. Petras, Wendy Frankel -- 24. Appendix -- Norman J. Carr, Leslie H. Sobin -- 25. Anus -- David A. Owen -- 26. Pancreas -- Ralph H. Hruban, Noriyoshi Fukushima, Robb E. Wilentz -- 27. Liver -- M. Kay Washington -- 28. Gallbladder and Extrahepatic Bile Ducts -- M. Kay Washington -- Part 6: Urinary Tract and Male Genital System -- 29. Non-Neoplastic Kidney -- Sharda G. Sabnis, Michael N. Koss, W.B. Ross, Zdena Pavlova -- 30. Renal Neoplasia -- John N. Eble, Liang Cheng -- 31. Bladder and Urethra -- Richard J. Cote, Anirban P. Mitra, Mahul B. Amin -- 32. Prostate -- David G. Bostwick, Isabelle Meiers -- 33. Penis and Scrotum -- Pheroze Tamboli, Antonio L. Cubilla, Mahul B. Amin -- 34. Testis and Paratestis Including Spermatic Cord -- Satish K. Tickoo, Pheroze Tamboli, Nancy E. Warner, Mahul B. Amin -- Part 7: Female Reproductive System -- 35. Vulva and Vagina -- Juan C. Felix, R. Tucker Burks, Charles A. Amezcua -- 36. Cervix -- Juan C. Felix, Thomas C. Wright, Jr., Charles A. Amezcua -- 37. Uterus -- Noel Weidner, Michael Peterson -- 38. Fallopian Tubes and Broad Ligament -- Noel Weidner, Michael Peterson -- 39. Ovaries -- Noel Weidner, Michael Peterson -- 40. Gestational Pathology -- Cynthia G. Kaplan -- Part 8: Hematolymphoid System -- 41. Lymph Nodes -- Karen L. Chang, Daniel A. Arber, Lawrence M. Weiss -- 42. Spleen -- Daniel A. Arber -- 43. Bone Marrow -- Daniel A. Arber -- Part 9: Endocrine System -- 44. Thyroid and Parathyroid -- Loretta L.Y. Tse, John K.C. Chan -- 45. Adrenal Gland -- Lawrence M. Weiss, Sean K. Lau -- Part 10: Soft Tissue and Skeletal System -- 46. Soft Tissues -- Lawrence M. Weiss -- 47. Joint and Bone Pathology -- Noel Weidner, Grace Y. Lin, Michael Kyriakos -- Part 11: Skin -- 48. Inflammatory Skin Conditions -- Još Antonio Plaza, Victor G. Prieto -- 49. Tumors of the Skin -- Saul Suster, Tai-Yuen Wong, Martin C. Mihm, Jr. -- Part 12: Nervous System -- 50. Pituitary -- David R. Hinton, Sylvia L. Asa -- 51. Central Nervous System Tumors -- Mahlon D. Johnson, James B. Atkinson -- 52. The Molecular and Genetic Basis of Neurodegenerative Diseases -- Thomas A. Tousseyn, Jeffrey P. Simko, David A. Gaskin, Stephen J. DeArmond -- 53. Muscle and Nerve Biopsy -- James B. Atkinson, Mahlon D. Johnson, Thomas W. Bouldin, William O. Whetsell, Jr. -- 54. Eye and Ocular Adnexa -- Somsiri Sukavatcharin, Narsing A. Rao.
- 2012 SpringerGottarelli, Paolo.Humans can resist 40 days without eating and 4 days without drinking, but only 4 minutes without breathing: this tells us much about its fundamental importance. Breathed air is slowed down, filtered, warmed and humidified by the nose; many mechanisms are involved in this act, which prevent bronchial tubes and pulmonary alveolus from receiving an excessive and sudden air load. It is well known, on the other hand, that breathing through the mouth causes a lot of problems: inflammatory diseases of the upper airways, sleep apnea syndrome, but also, in some cases, bronchial, pulmonary and even cardiac disorders, that are more easily affecting patients not able to breathe correctly through the nose. For this reason, restoring an efficient nasal function is a very important - and in some cases crucial - issue. This book describes in details an innovative surgical technique called modified inferior turbinoplasty, which offers an excellent solution to the problems associated with the lower turbinate hypertrophy. A turbinate (or nasal concha) is a long, narrow, curled bone shelf that protrudes into the breathing passage of the nose. Most surgical interventions treat only the soft parts of hypertrophic turbinates using laser therapy, radiofrequency treatment, and electrocoagulation, but these procedures often lead to relapse. With this technique, in contrast, all anatomic parts of the turbinate are treated, including bone tissue: the surgeon reduces the inferior nasal concha and the internal nasal tissue, and the mucosa is then remodeled with sutures. The modified inferior turbinoplasty allows the complete avoidance of swabs in the nose, which is fundamental for patients well-being and grant them a quicker recovery. The book will be very useful for othorinolaryngologists, plastic surgeons, endoscopic and maxillofacial surgeons.
- 2012 SpringerNouri, Keyvan.An Introduction to Mohs Micrographic Surgery -- Indications for Mohs Micrographic Surgery -- Preoperative Evaluation -- Mohs Micrographic Surgery Operative Room Setup -- Anesthetic Considerations: Local Versus Regional -- Cutaneous Anatomy in Mohs Micrographic Surgery -- Mohs Surgery: Fixed Tissue Technique -- Fresh Tissue Technique -- Special Considerations for Mohs Micrographic Surgery in Organ Transplant Recipients -- Mohs Micrographic Surgery in Ethnic Skin -- Histopathology Laboratory Setup and Necessary Instrumentation -- Tissue Transport and Initial Processing Cryostat Preparation of Slides -- Histopathologic Interpretation of Mohs Slides -- Tissue Specimen Documentation, Record Keeping, and Sample Storage -- Immunostains -- Basal Cell Carcinoma -- Squamous Cell Carcinoma -- Mohs Micrographic Surgery for the Treatment of Cutaneous Melanoma -- Dermatofibrosarcoma Protuberans -- Microcystic Adnexal Carcinoma -- Atypical Fibroxanthoma -- Extramammary Paget Disease -- Leiomyosarcoma -- Merkel Cell Carcinoma -- Selected Sweat Gland Carcinomas -- Sebaceous Carcinoma -- Mohs Micrographic Surgery for the Eyelid -- Mohs Surgery for Periungual and Subungual Skin Cancer -- Genitalia -- Deep Structures of the Head and Neck -- Complications of Mohs Micrographic Surgery -- Eyelid Reconstruction After Mohs Micrographic Surgery -- Flaps -- Skin Grafting -- Side to Side Closure After Mohs Surgery -- Prosthetic Rehabilitation -- Combination Therapy for the Nonsurgical Treatment of Skin Cancers: Latest Research at Mount Sinai -- Training and Regulation in Mohs Surgery -- Establishing a Mohs Practice -- International Perspective of Mohs Micrographic Surgery: South America -- International Perspective of Mohs Micrographic Surgery: Europe -- International Perspective of Mohs Micrographic Surgery: East Asia -- International Perspective of Mohs Micrographic Surgery: Australia and New Zealand -- Information for Patients and Safety Considerations -- Ethical Issues Related to Mohs Skin Cancer Surgery -- Medicolegal Issues Regarding Mohs Micrographic Surgery -- Psychological Issues Regarding Mohs Micrographic Surgery.
- 2013 SpringerCheng, Liang; Eble, John N.Molecular Pathology of Colorectal Cancer / Fred T. Bosman -- Molecular Pathology of Pancreatic Cancer / Laura D. Wood, N. Volkan Adsay and Ralph H. Hruban -- Molecular Pathology of Liver Tumors / Thomas Longerich, Kai Breuhahn and Peter Schirmacher -- Molecular Pathology of Gallbladder Cancer / Juan Carlos Roa and N. Volkan Adsay -- Molecular Pathology of Lung Cancers / Lynette M. Sholl and Neal I. Lindeman -- Molecular Pathology of Breast Cancer / Alejandro Ariel Gru and Donald Craig Allred -- Molecular Pathology of Ovarian Cancer / Kruti P. Maniar, Ie-Ming Shih and Robert J. Kurman -- Molecular Pathology of Endometrial Cancer / Xavier Matias-Guiu and Jaime Prat -- Molecular Pathology of Kidney Tumors / Sean R. Williamson, John N. Eble and Liang Cheng -- Molecular Pathology of Prostate Cancer / Bora Gurel, Riley E. Alexander, Liang Cheng and Angelo M. De Marzo -- Molecular Pathology of Urinary Bladder Cancer / George J. Netto and Liang Cheng -- Molecular Pathology of Testicular Cancer / Katharina Biermann and Leendert H. J. Looijenga -- Molecular Pathology of Cutaneous Melanoma and Nonmelanoma Skin Cancer / Andrea Saggini and Boris Bastian -- Molecular Pathology of Head and Neck Cancer / Audrey P. Calzada, Maie A. St. John, Elliot Abemayor and David T. W. Wong -- Molecular Pathology of Soft Tissue and Bone Tumors / Neal I. Lindeman and Paola Dal Cin -- Molecular Pathology of the Central Nervous System / Brent T. Harris and Eyas M. Hattab -- Molecular Pathology of Endocrine Cancer / Ricardo V. Lloyd, Long Jin, Darya Buehler, Heather Hardin and Weihua Shan.
- 2008 ClinicalKeyReid, Mont; Stehr, Wolfgang.Also available: Print – 2008
- 2014 ClinicalKeyArulkumaran, Sabaratnam; Baskett, Thomas F.; Calder, A. A.; Munro Kerr, J. M.; Ramsden, Ian.A highly illustrated, practical book covering the obstetric and surgical procedures used in intrapartum care, including commonly used procedures such as assisted vaginal delivery (forceps and vacuum delivery) and more rare techniques such as major vessel ligation and embolization and internal podalic version. The authors take a step-by-step approach to each technique and includes 'tips' and 'pointers' that only an experienced obstetrician would be able to describe. The book is enlivened by the inclusion of short, relevant 'historical highlights'- readers should find these enlightening and entertaining, providing a link with the original Munro Kerr text. Focuses on the intrapartum aspects of obstetric practice - the focus of medico-legal and clinical audit attention. Highly illustrated to show techniques in detailOffers tips and advice to the trainee. Emphasis on practical matters - a step-by-step approachIncludes historical boxes to enliven and entertain.
- 2008 ClinicalKeyMenick, Frederick J.A nasal reconstruction authority shows you how to obtain the best outcomes and repair unsatisfactory results from former surgeries. In addition to presenting the latest principles and techniques, this new resource also examines evolving concepts and methods, keeping you at the forefront of today's practice. The book emphasizes the restoration of nasal defects, from simple to complex, and achieving normal appearance and function. Comprehensive coverage of all nasal injuries and available surgical methods, both cutting edge as well as older, established approaches, help you choose the best approach for each patient and situation. Full-color clinical photos offer real-life clinical views of conditions and step-by-step surgical results.
- 2007 SpringerSchramm, A.; Gellrich, N.-C; Schmelzeisen, R.
- 2014 ClinicalKeyDelaney, C. P.; Netter, Frank H.This one-of-a-kind resource combines the unmatched surgical anatomy illustrations of Frank H. Netter, MD with endoscopic, laparoscopic, and radiologic images - integrated with expert descriptions of each operative procedure - to provide a clear overview of the exposures, incision sites, surgically relevant landmarks, structures, fascial planes, and common anatomical variants and operative methods that are critical to your success in the operating room. Key Features: Vividly visualize the surgical anatomy you need to know through the uniquely detailed, memorable artwork of Dr. Netter, Carlos Machado, MD, and other anatomy illustrators working in the Netter tradition. View surgical anatomy from a clinical perspective through photographs and endoscopic, laparoscopic, and radiologic images that capture important landmarks and anatomy and are integrated into an expert description of each operative procedure. Access the complete contents online for quick look-ups, including videos of relevant surgical dissections to help you review approaches to common operations.
- 2011 ClinicalKeyTrelease, Robert Bernard; Machado, Carlos A. G.; Netter, Frank H.Section 1. Head and neck -- section 2. Back and spinal cord -- section 3. Thorax -- section 4. Abdomen -- section 5. Pelvis and perineum -- section 6. Upper limb -- section 7. Lower limb.
- 2005 KargerHorowitz, Michael S.; Levy, Elad.Current and future management strategies for intracranial aneurysms and carotid artery stenosis / E.M. Deshaies, A.S. Boulos -- The use of stents in the management of neurovascular disease: a historical and present status review / M.B. Horowitz, P.D. Purdy -- Carotid angioplasty with stenting and carotid endarterectomy: both are here to stay / R.A. Hanel ... [et al.] -- Endovascular treatment of acute ischemic embolic stroke / C.C. Ionita ... [et al.] -- Intracranial stenting / M.R. Harrigan ... [et al.] -- Angioplasty for repair of intracranial arterial stenosis / A.J. Ringer -- Endovascular therapy for intracranial aneurysms: a historical and present perspective / M.B. Horowitz ... [et al.] -- Endovascular management of wide-necked aneurysms / M. Horowitz, E.I. Levy -- Liquid embolic agents in the treatment of intracranial arteriovenous malformations / J.U. Howington ... [et al.] -- Management of arteriovenous malformations using liquid agents / B.M. Ozgur, D.I. Levy -- Treatment of dural arteriovenous fistulas / L. Feng, P.M. Meyers, R.T. Higashida -- Tumor embolization / E.I. Levy ... [et al.] -- Acute and chronic venous sinus thrombosis / M.B. Horowitz ... [et al.] -- Vein of galen aneurysms: a review and current perspective / M.B. Horowitz ... [et al.] -- Petrosal sinus sampling for Cushing's disease / M.B. Horowitz ... [et al.].
- 2010 SpringerDi Rocco, C. (Concezio); Haase, Jens; Lumenta, Christianto B.; Mooij, Jan Jakob A.
- 2011 SpringerChambers, David J.; Podesser, Bruno K.The changing population: the surgeon's challenge -- Fundamentals of the past: cardioplegia: the first period revisited -- Sites of injury: myocyte -- Sites of injury: the endothelium -- Intraoperative protection of the myocardium: effects of age and gender -- Protection of the right heart -- Protection of the failing heart -- Protection during heart transplantation -- The endothelium as target for interventions -- Vascular effects of cardioplegic arrest and cardiopulmonary bypass -- Oxygen radical scavengers -- New approaches to cardioplegia: alternatives to hyperkalemia -- Myocardial protection via the coronary venous route -- Donor heart preservation by continuous perfusion -- Visualization of cardioplegia delivery.
- 2010 SpringerMussa, Antonio.
- 2013 SpringerFerrari, Alberta; Sgarella, Adele; Zonta, Sandro.This book describes in detail three different techniques for minimally invasive video-assisted breast surgery: nipple-sparing mastectomy with a hand-held external retractor, with a single-port device, and with robotic assistance. All three techniques can be employed for radical treatment of breast cancer or for risk reduction surgery, and the last two are brand new. The techniques are clearly explained with the aid of numerous high-quality illustrations. All surgical stages are covered in detail, and helpful information is provided on key aspects of surgical anatomy, diagnostic workup, instrumentation, and postoperative management. Nipple Sparing Mastectomy is the first manual to cover these techniques, which are likely to become standard in the field of oncological breast surgery. It will be invaluable for breast surgeons who are skilled in nipple-sparing mastectomy and oncoplastic techniques or are working in breast units that offer genetic counseling to high-risk patients.
- 2016Jarrell, Bruce E.; Strauch, Eric D.Status: Not Checked OutLane Catalog RecordPreoperative care / Bruce E. Jarrell, Molly Buzdon, Daniel Bochicchio, Eric D. Strauch -- Postoperative care / Bruce E. Jarrell, Molly Buzdon, Eric D. Strauch -- Wound healing / Bruce E. Jarrell, Eric D. Strauch -- Thoracic and cardiothoracic disorders / Bruce E. Jarrell, Joseph S. MacLaughlin, Eric D. Strauch -- Vascular disorders / Bruce E. Jarrell, Marshall Benjamin, Eric D. Strauch -- Upper gastrointestinal tract disorders / Bruce E. Jarrell, John L. Flowers, Molly Buzdon, Eric D. Strauch -- Pancreatic and hepatic disorders / Bruce E. Jarrell, Eric D. Strauch -- Lower gastrointestinal disorders / Bruce E. Jarrell, Molly Buzdon, Daniel Bochicchio -- Endocrine disorders / Bruce E. Jarrell, W. Bradford Carter -- Skin and soft tissue disorders and hernias / Bruce E. Jarrell -- Breast disorders / Bruce E. Jarrell, Emily Bellavance, Michelle Townsend-Watts, Katherine Tkaczuk, Eric D. Strauch -- Trauma, burns, and sepsis / Bruce E. Jarrell, Thomas Scalea, Molly Buzdon -- Congenital anomalies / Clint D. Cappiello, Eric D. Strauch, Bruce E. Jarrell.
- 2014 SpringerMyint, Shoib A.This book offers surgeons the most up-to-date information related to non-surgical techniques specific to periorbital rejuvenation. This easy-to-use reference guide is for ophthalmologists, oculoplastic surgeons, dermatologists, plastic surgeons, maxillofacial and plastic surgery residents, as well as ENT facial plastic fellows. Complete with videos of specific techniques to better inform surgeons about these evolving procedures, Nonsurgical Peri-orbital Rejuvenation teaches the reader how to measure predictable outcomes when deciding to approach the periorbital area.
- 2016 SpringerAgrawal, Sanjay.Section I. Obesity and metabolic syndrome -- Section II. Introduction to bariatric surgery -- Section III. Perioperative assessment for bariatric surgery -- Section IV. Laparoscopic Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass (LRYGB): techniques, complications, outcomes, and controversies -- Section V. Laparoscopic Sleeve Gastrectomy (LSG): technique, complications, outcomes, and controversies -- Section VI. Laparoscopic Adjustable Gastric Banding (LAGB): technique, complications, outcomes and controversies -- Section VII. Advances in minimally invasive bariatric surgery -- Section VIII. Revisional bariatric surgery -- Section IX. Other operations for obesity -- Section X. Endoscopic approaches in obesity and bariatric surgery -- Section XI. Metabolic effects of bariatric surgery -- Section XII. Training, reporting, and practice in bariatric surgery -- Section XIII. Miscellaneous topics -- Section XIV. Special topics.
- 2008 ClinicalKeyNerad, Jeffrey A.; Alford, Mark; Carter, Keith D.Disorders of the eyelid: congenital -- Disorders of the eyelid: lesions -- Disorders of the eyelid: eyelid trauma -- Disorders of the eyelid: involutional changes -- Disorders of the eyelid: blepharoptosis and eyelid retraction -- Disorders of the lacrimal system: congenital obstruction -- Disorders of the lacrimal system: acquired causes of epiphora -- Disorders of the orbit: orbital imaging -- Disorders of the orbit: infections -- Disorders of the orbit: inflammations -- Disorders of the orbit: neoplasms -- Disorders of the orbit: vascular abnormalities -- Disorders of the orbit: trauma -- Disorders of the orbit: anophthalmic socket.
- 2009 ClinicalKeyLong, John A.1. Entropion -- 2. Ectropion -- 3. Ptosis -- 3.a. Levator dehiscence -- 3.b. Mullerectomy -- 3.c. Levator resection -- 3.d. Supramid sling -- 3.e. Autogenous fascia lata sling ptosis repair -- 4. Canalicular laceration -- 5. Upper eyelid blepharoplasty -- 6. Transconjunctival blepharoplasty -- 7. Tearing -- 7.a. Stents -- 7.b. Dacryocystorhinostomy -- 7.c. Conjunctival dacryocystorhinostomy -- 8. Evisceration -- 9. Enucleation -- 10. Eyelid retraction -- 10.a. Upper eyelid retraction -- 10.b. Lower eyelid retraction -- 11. Trichiasis -- 11.a. Cryotherapy -- 11.b. Anterior lamellar block excision of eyelashes -- 12. Mohs reconstruction -- 12.a. Eyelid reconstructive surgery -- 12.b. Sliding temporal flap 12.c. Skin grafts -- 12.d. Cutler-Beard flap -- 12.e. Hughes flap -- 13. Chalazion -- 14. Blow-out fractures -- 15. Orbital decompression -- 16. Floopy eyelid syndrome -- 17. Temporal artery biopsy -- 18. Anophthalmic orbital volume augmentation -- 19. Eyebrow ptosis -- 20. Gold weight implant.
- Oculoplastics and orbit. Aesthetic and functional oculofacial plastic problem-solving in the 21st century2010 SpringerGuthoff, Rudolf; Katowitz, James A.
- Odze and Goldblum Surgical pathology of the GI tract, liver, biliary tract, and pancreas. Third edition. [3rd ed.]2014 ClinicalKeyGoldblum, John R.; Odze, Robert D.Gastrointestinal Tract Endoscopic and Tissue Processing Techniques and Normal Histology -- Screening and Surveillance Guidelines in Gastroenterology -- Diagnostic Cytology of the Gastrointestinal Tract -- Infectious Disorders of the Gastrointestinal Tract -- Manifestations of Immunodeficiency in the Gastrointestinal Tract -- Systemic Illnesses Involving the Gastrointestinal Tract -- Neuromuscular Disorders of the Gastrointestinal Tract -- Congenital and Developmental Disorders of the Gastrointestinal Tract -- Enteropathies Associated with Chronic Diarrhea and Malabsorption in Childhood -- Vascular Disorders of the Gastrointestinal Tract -- Autoimmune Disorders of the Gastrointestinal Tract -- Drug-Induced Disorders of the Gastrointestinal Tract -- Algorithmic Approach to Diagnosis of Inflammatory Disorders of the Gastrointestinal Tract -- Inflammatory Disorders of the Esophagus -- Inflammatory Disorders of the Stomach -- Inflammatory Disorders of the Small Intestine -- Inflammatory Disorders of the Large Intestine -- Inflammatory Disorders of the Appendix -- Polyps of the Esophagus -- Polyps of the Stomach -- Polyps of the Small Intestine -- Polyps of the Large Intestine -- Molecular Diagnostics of Tubal Gut Neoplasms -- Epithelial Neoplasms of the Esophagus -- Epithelial Neoplasms of the Stomach -- Epithelial Neoplasms of the Small Intestine -- Epithelial Neoplasms of the Large Intestine -- Epithelial Neoplasms of the Appendix -- Neuroendocrine Tumors of the Gastrointestinal and Pancreatobiliary Tracts -- Mesenchymal Tumors of the Gastrointestinal Tract -- Hematolymphoid Tumors of the Gastrointestinal Tract, Hepatobiliary Tract, and Pancreas -- Inflammatory and Neoplastic Disorders of the Anal Canal -- Gallbladder, Extrahepatic Biliary Tract, and Pancreas Tissue Processing Techniques and Normal Histology -- Molecular Genetics of Pancreatobiliary Neoplasms -- Diagnostic Cytology of the Biliary Tract and Pancreas -- Developmental Disorders of the Gallbladder, Extrahepatic Biliary Tract, and Pancreas -- Infectious and Inflammatory Disorders of the Gallbladder and Extrahepatic Biliary Tract -- Benign and Malignant Tumors of the Gallbladder and Extrahepatic Biliary Tract -- Inflammatory and Other Nonneoplastic Disorders of the Pancreas -- Tumors of the Pancreas -- Tumors of Major and Minor Ampulla -- Algorithmic Approach to Diagnosis of Liver Disorders -- Liver Tissue Processing and Normal Histology -- Molecular Pathogenesis and Diagnostics of Hepatocellular Tumors -- Diagnostic Cytology of the Liver -- Acute and Chronic Infectious Hepatitis -- Autoimmune and Chronic Cholestatic Disorders of the Liver -- Toxin- and Drug-Induced Disorders of the Liver -- Fatty Liver Disease -- Cirrhosis -- Vascular Disorders of the Liver -- Pathology of Liver and Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplantation -- Liver Pathology in Pregnancy -- Inherited Metabolic and Developmental Disorders of the Pediatric and Adult Liver -- Benign and Malignant Tumors of the Liver.
- 2014 ClinicalKeyGriffin, S. Michael.Pathology of oesophageal and gastric tumours / Heike I. Grabsch -- Epidemiology, genetics and screening for oesophageal and gastric cancer / William H. Allum -- Staging of oesophageal and gastric cancer / Graeme Couper -- Preoperative assessment and perioperative management in oesophageal and gastric surgery / Sheraz R. Markar, James Helman, and Donald E. Low -- Surgery for cancer of the oesophagus / S. Michael Griffin and Richard G. Berrisford -- Treatment of early oesophageal cancer / B. Mark Smithers and Iain Thomson -- Surgery for cancer of the stomach / Takeshi Sano -- Endoscopic and surgical treatment of early gastric cancer / Joost Rothbarth, Arjun D. Koch, and Jan J.B. van Lanschot -- Radiotherapy and chemotherapy in treatment of oesophageal and gastric cancer / Tom Crosby and Adrian Crellin -- Palliative treatments of carcinoma of the oesophagus and stomach / Jane M. Blazeby and Natalie Blencowe -- Other oesophageal and gastric neoplasms / Richard H. Hardwick -- Pathophysiology and investigation of gastro-oesophageal reflux disease / John M. Findlay and Nicholas D. Maynard -- Treatment of gastro-oesophageal reflux disease / David I. Watson -- Treatment of the complications of gastro-oesophageal reflux disease and failed gastro-oesophageal surgery / Robert Mason -- Barrett's oesophagus / Max Almond, Hugh Barr, and Janusz Jankowski -- The management of achalasia and other motility disorders of the oesophagus / Derek Alderson -- Paraoesophageal hernia and gastric volvulus / Nathan W. Bronson, Kyle A. Perry, and John G. Hunter -- Benign ulceration of the stomach and duodenum and the complications of previous ulcer surgery / John Wayman -- Oesophageal emergencies / Jon Shenfine and S. Michael Griffin -- Bariatric surgery / Richard Welbourn.
- 2015 SpringerEmery, Jonathan D.; Paraiso, Marie Fidela R.Recent trends in medicine have pushed many gynecologic procedures to the outpatient setting, whether in-office, in small medical ambulatory surgery centers, or in procedure rooms. Office-Based Gynecologic Surgical Procedures covers both basic and advanced procedures, from biopsy and saline ultrasound to cystoscopy. It answers the "How?", "What?", and "When?" of setting up, preparing for, and confidently performing office procedures. While appropriate training and certification in these procedures such as cystoscopy and hysteroscopy is needed, this book is an excellent resource for advice and tips on how to safely transition from the technique used in the operating room. It also provides the necessary algorithms and in-depth instructions pertinent to performing these types of procedures effectively in the office setting. A chapter on patient safety in the office is also included. Office-Based Gynecologic Surgical Procedures is ideal for established OBGYNs in practice who want to expand their range of procedures offered in-office, fellows in Women's Health, advanced nurse practitioners, recent OBGYN residency graduates, and family medicine physicians eager to familiarize themselves with women's health procedures.
- 2008 SpringerBeck, James R.; Mongero, Linda B.
- 2014 SpringerMariotti, Carlo.This book presents the most recent developments in oncologic breast surgery and takes full account of diagnostic, pathologic, and radiologic inputs. It is divided into three parts, the first of which discusses the premises underlying the modern surgical approach to breast cancer. The second part is devoted to what might be termed the conservative program, i.e., breast conservation and oncoplastic surgery, conservative mastectomy, and sentinel node biopsy and axillary dissection. The final part of the book covers different forms of surgery and other treatments in particular settings. Topics include plastic and reconstructive surgery, DCIS surgery, radio-guided surgery, adjuvant systemic therapy, intraoperative radiotherapy, and the role of surgery in locally advanced and metastatic disease. The detailed descriptions of techniques are accompanied by numerous high-quality illustrations. This book will be of value to both experienced practitioners and surgical trainees. .
- 2013 SpringerRietjens, Mario; Urban, Cícero de Andrade.Part I. Basic principles for oncoplastic and reconstructive breast surgery -- Part II. Partial breast reconstruction -- Part III. Breast reconstruction after mastectomy -- Part IV. Managment of complications -- Part V. Refinements after breast reconstruction -- Part VI. Breast reconstruction in special populations -- Part VII. Other special considerations -- Index.
- 2009 SpringerBerry, Miles G.; Couturaud, B.; Fitoussi, Alfred; Salmon, R. J.
- 2015 SpringerFitzal, Florian; Schrenk, Peter.
- 2010 SpringerFitzal, Florian; Schrenk, Peter.1. General Surgery -- Surgical Anatomy / Elisabeth Würinger -- Breast Cancer Surgery: Standard Principles / Florian Fitzal -- Oncoplastic Breast Surgery / Peter Schrenk -- 2. Oncoplastic Surgery (OPS) -- OPS and Breast Conserving Surgery (BSC) / Peter Schrenk, Elizabeth J. Hall-Findlay, Florian Fitzal, Andrea Grisotti and Donato Casella, et al. -- OPS and Mastectomy / Grant W. Carlson, Francesca De Lorenzi, Mario Rietjens, Andrea Manconi and Daniela Hoch, et al. -- Special Considerations / Florian Fitzal, Rupert Koller, Stefan Gärner, Elisabeth Grafinger-Witt and Mario Rietjens, et al.
- 2009 ClinicalKeyNahabedian, Maurice Y.Well-recognized, international authorities in breast and plastic surgery contribute their expert advice and guidance on aesthetic closure of the breast. They discuss all key areas from indication and selection of patients, to the techniques and allied issues related to breast tumor surgery, including oncoplastic reduction, mammaplasty, mastectomy with nipple areolar preservation, perfator flaps, effects of radiation therapy, as well as complications and controversies. The DVD of narrated video clips of techniques visually demonstrates procedures described within the book.
- 2012 SpringerBelghiti, J.; Di Carlo, Isidoro.Open Hepatic Transection Using Microwave Tissue Coagulation / Sohei Satoi, Hiroaki Kitade, Yoichi Matsui, A-Hon Kwon -- Open Hepatic Transection Using Chang's Needle / Yu-Chung Chang -- Open Hepatic Transection Using PMOD / Shu You Peng, Jiang Tao Li, Zhi Jian Tan -- Open Hepatic Transection Using Dissecting Sealer / Isidoro Di Carlo, Adriana Toro -- Open Hepatic Transection Using Habib[TM] 4X / Charis Kyriakides, Feng Xi, Madhava Pai, Nagy A. Habib -- Ultrasonically Activated Device for Parenchymal Division During Open Liver Resection / Paolo Limongelli, Andrea Belli, Luigi Cioffi, Gianluca Russo, Alberto D'Agostino -- Open Hepatic Transection Using Water-Jet Dissector / Kerstin Huepgens, Denis Ehrl, Horst-Guenter Rau -- Open Hepatic Transection Using Kelly Clamp / Takuya Hashimoto, Norihiro Kokudo, Masatoshi Makuuchi -- Open Hepatic Transection Using LigaSure / Akio Saiura, Junji Yamamoto -- Stapler Hepatectomy / Helge Bruns, Jürgen Weitz, Michael Kremer, Markus W. Büchler, Peter Schemmer -- Fusion Technique for Liver Transection: A New Technique Combining Kelly-Clysis and Harmonic Technology / Palepu Jagannath, Deepak Chhabra, Rajiv Shah -- Ultrasound-Guided Delimitation of the Resection Area / Matteo Donadon, Guido Torzilli -- Open Hepatic Transection Using Ultrasonic Dissector / Giorgio Ercolani, Matteo Ravaioli, Matteo Serenari, Paolo Di Gioia -- Laparoscopic Hepatic Transection Using Microwave / Yuichiro Otsuka, Hironori Kaneko -- Laparoscopic Liver Resection Using LPMOD / Xiu Jun Cai, Yi Fan Wang, Shu You Peng -- Laparoscopic Hepatic Transection Using Radiofrequency Monopolar Devices / Isidoro Di Carlo, Adriana Toro -- Laparoscopic Hepatic Transection Using Habib[TM] 4X / Madhava Pai, Charis Kyriakides, Feng Xi, Nagy A. Habib -- Laparoscopic Hepatic Transection Using Stapler and CUSA / Francesca Ratti ... [et al.] -- Laparoscopic Hepatic Transection Using Ultrasonic Scalpel and Bipolar Forceps / Noah B. Zuker, Brice Gayet -- Laparoscopic Hepatic Transection Using an Ultrasonically Activated Device / Luigi Cioffi ... [et al.] -- Laparoscopic Hepatic Transection Using Bipolar Radiofrequency Ablation (EnSeal) / Keith M. Baldwin, Ponnandai Somasundar, Steven C. Katz, N. Joseph Espat -- Robotic Liver Resection / Ki-Hun Kim, Gi-Hong Choi -- Index.
- 2011 SpringerBerdajs, D.; Turina, Marko.
- 2009 SpringerPatel, Vipul R.; Ramalingam, Manickam.
- 2012 SpringerHoballah, Jamal J.; Scott-Conner, Carol E. H.
- 2013 SpringerHoballah, Jamal J.; Saghieh, Said; Weinstein, Stuart L.Operative Dictations in Orthopedic Surgery is a valuable resource for teaching orthopedic surgical trainees and practicing orthopedic surgeons how to document their operative procedures. The book includes the majority of the commonly performed orthopedic procedures. For each procedure, a list of common indications is given, covering 95% of the situations in which particular procedures will be used, as well as a list of essential steps. This is then followed by a list intended to prompt the surgeon for particular details to note and dictate within the template, a list of possible complications that are typically associated with a particular surgical procedure, and templates of operative dictation that allow the surgeon to individualize their dictations. Ample space is also provided to allow each surgeon to add notes. Concise and easy to use, Operative Dictations in Orthopedic Surgery is a unique tool for orthopedics surgical residents and residents in practice that better prepares them to participate actively and learn as much as possible in the operating room.
- 2013 SpringerByrd, J. W. Thomas.In each of its two previous editions, Dr. J.W. Thomas Byrd's Operative Hip Arthroscopy has detailed the fundamentals and techniques for performing hip arthroscopy and tracked cutting-edge developments surrounding this procedure. Operative Hip Arthroscopy, Third Edition, has once again pulled together a group of experts to explore all of the latest advancements in hip arthroscopy, as well as our understanding of hip disorders and the technology available for treatment. This edition is vastly expanded, with new or updated discussion on topics including:Latest Techniques and Technology for AccessFemoroacetabular Impingement The Peritrochanteric SpaceThe Subgluteal SpaceEndoscopic Abductor RepairsEndoscopic Hamstring Repair and Ischial BursectomyAdhesive Capsulitis and ArthrofibrosisManagement of Chondral InjuriesDecision Making with Regard to OsteoarthritisSynovial Disease and Sepsisliopsoas Impingement and Total Hip ArthroplastyComplex Hip ReconstructionComputer NavigationSnapping Hip SyndromesThe Role of UltrasonographyThis book emphasizes wise decision-making and understanding the dos and don'ts of the procedure. Clear, concise writing supplemented by more than 300 illustrations, photographs and links to view videos will give orthopedists at any level a complete picture of this procedure and related issues.
- 2008 ClinicalKeyMyers, Eugene N.Also available: Print – v. 1-2, 2008.
- 2014 AccessSurgeryAzizkhan, Richard G.; Von Allmen, Daniel; Weber, Thomas R.; Ziegler, Moritz M.Part I: General Principles -- Part II: The Head and Neck -- Part III: Chest Wall and Thoracic Disease Part IV: Abdominal Disease Part V: Urology for the Pediatric Surgeon -- Part VI: Vascular System Anomalies -- Part VII: Neurosurgery for the Pediatric Surgeon -- Part VIII: Trauma -- Part IX: Surgical Endocrinology -- Part X: Oncology -- Part XI: Solid Organ Transplantation.
- 2015 SpringerIvatury, Rao R.
- 2015 OvidMulholland, Michael W.; Sabel, Michael S.Also available: Print – 2015
- 2007 OvidDelaney, C. P.Traditional postoperative management and fast-track care pathways -- Development of laparoscopic colorectal surgery -- Instrumentation and setup -- Key operative steps -- Operative procedures. Segmental colectomy ; Rectal surgery ; Total colectomy ; Stoma formation -- Dealing with complications and other technical tricks -- Other useful techniques.
- 2014 OvidDelaney, C. P.; Champagne, Bradley J."The Second Edition of Operative Techniques in Laparoscopic Colorectal Surgery is designed to give surgeons the learning tools they need to understand and successfully incorporate laparoscopic colorectal surgery into their practice. Because of the steep learning curve for this technique, this edition goes to great lengths to cover every aspect of each procedure in great detail -- even including the pitfalls to avoid. To help the reader with pattern-recognition, detailed, four-color photographs of important landmarks have been incorporated for them to review. Plus, an edited video is included to provide clear, step-by-step instruction of each procedure. Surgeons need appropriate training before incorporating laparoscopic colorectal surgery into their practice. This book will be a useful resource for residents, fellows in training, and surgeons who are either attending courses in laparoscopic colorectal surgery or are at an early stage of integrating this technique into their practice. FEATURES: Chapters contain a detailed textual description of procedural steps and common pitfalls Includes sections on management of intraoperative complications and other useful tips All new major operative videos Includes an expanded list of colorectal procedures New chapters include Mobilization of the Mesorectum, Handsewn Coloanal Anastomosis, Robotic Single-port Right Colonectomy, Single Port Total Colectomy with End Ileostomy, Robotic Low Anterior Resection"--Provided by publisher.
- Englesbe, Michael J.; Mulholland, Michael W.Deceased donor kidney procurement -- Living donor kidney procurement -- Kidney transplantation surgical procedures -- Deceased donor liver procurement -- Living donor liver procurement -- Whole graft liver transplantation -- Liver transplantation: venous outflow -- Liver transplantation: portal vein reconstruction -- Liver transplantation: arterial reconstruction -- Liver transplantation: biliary reconstruction -- Partial graft liver transplantation -- Pancreas transplantation surgical procedures -- Lung transplantation surgical procedures -- Portal hypertension surgical procedures.
- 2012 ClinicalKeyDanesh-Meyer, Helen V.; Goldberg, Ivan; Kampik, Anselm; Spaeth, George L.Ophthalmic Surgery, edited by Drs. George Spaeth, Helen Danesh-Meyer, Ivan Goldberg, and Anselm Kampik, provides the detailed, full-color, step-by-step guidance you need to master essential ophthalmic surgery procedures. The international team of expert editors and contributors present coverage of the latest surgical developments and video demonstrations of key techniques across subspecialties, including cataract, cornea, refractive, glaucoma, oculoplastic, extra-ocular muscle, vitreoretinal, and ocular tumor procedures. What's more, the fully searchable text, procedural videos, and a downloadable image gallery are all online at www.expertconsult.com, making this multimedia resource the key to performing confidently in the operating room. Refer to the most important steps in each procedure quickly and easily with an appendix of step-by-step hand notes. Perform a wide variety of procedures with confidence using the focused coverage that pinpoints essential information and avoids extraneous details. Get comprehensive coverage across key subspecialties-oculoplastic, strabismus, cornea, refractive, cataract, glaucoma, ocular tumors, and vitreoretinal-and master the basics for every common procedure.
- v.1-3=, 2009 ClinicalKeyFonseca, Raymond J.; Marciani, Robert D.; Turvey, Timothy A.v. 1. Anesthesia and pain control, dentoalveolar surgery, practice management, implant surgery / volume editors, Raymond J. Fonseca -- v. 2. Trauma, surgical pathology, temporomandibular disoders / volume editors, Robert D. Marciani -- v. 3. Orthognathic surgery, esthetic surgery, cleft and craniofacial surgery / volume editors, Timothy A. Turvey.
- 2015 SpringerAstakhov, Yury S.; Nikolaenko, Vadim P.This book thoroughly reviews the diagnosis and treatment of injuries of the orbital walls and apex, including orbital floor, medial orbital wall, naso-orbito-ethmoid, orbitozygomatic, maxillary, and frontobasilar fractures. For each form of injury, signs and symptoms are identified and clear guidance is provided on the interpretation of clinical and radiological findings and on current surgical treatment methods. In addition, the role of orbital imaging techniques, including CT and MRI, in depicting anatomic relations is explained with the aid of a wealth of radiological images and photograph.
- 2014 ScienceDirectPosnick, Jeffrey C.Capturing the latest thinking for the evaluation and treatment of dentofacial deformities, Orthognathic Surgery: Principles and Practice, covers the basic principles and concepts of dentofacial deformities along with planning, surgical techniques, surgical complications, classic patterns, and clinical presentations. Over 5,000 clinical photos and detailed art make this a valuable reference for clinical orthodontists, craniofacial surgeons, oral and maxillofacial surgeons, and residents in training. The latest in surgical protocols for OMS and Orthodontics puts you at the forefront of the orthognathic surgery field.Logically organized material aids you prior to developing treatment plans or in surgery.Over 5,000 new photos and illustrations boost your understanding of key teaching points and surgical techniques. Over 40 videos from Dr. Posnick's archive available on the companion website.
- 2013 SpringerJahangir, A. Alex; Obremskey, William T.; Sethi, Manish K.Evidence-based medicine is the future of orthopedic surgery. The escalating costs of medical care drive the need for physicians to base clinical decisions on data in order to provide optimal care to every patient. Orthopedic Traumatology: An Evidence-Based Approach provides readers a model for evidence-based decision making in orthopedic trauma. Renowned orthopedic trauma surgeons describe interesting clinical scenarios, give expert opinions on management, and include relevant imaging to create a complete picture of each fascinating case. Useful for residents and practicing physicians alike, Orthopedic Traumatology is a unique guide to orthopedic trauma and evidence-based medicine.
- 2014 SpringerMaddern, Guy J.; Wichmann, Matthias W.Palliative surgery can greatly contribute to improving symptom control and quality of life for terminal cancer patients. Owing to the advanced stage of the disease, however, this type of surgery is also associated with significant morbidity and mortality. It is therefore important for surgeons to have a sound understanding of the medical and scientific background underlying treatment decisions in palliative surgery, a foundation that this book provides. The opening chapters examine the relationship between palliative medicine and palliative surgery and address general issues including pain management and anesthesiological considerations. The role of palliative surgery in a wide range of disease settings is then thoroughly explored, including detailed information on surgical techniques and their indications and outcomes. This book will be an invaluable resource for all who wish to learn more about the emerging role of palliative surgery.
- 2013 SpringerKalinin, A. P.Embryonic development and anatomic and histological structure of the parathyroid glands -- Preoperative imaging of the parathyroid glands -- Intraoperative imaging of the parathyroid glands -- Image-Guided minimally invasive modalities in surgical treatment of parathyroid diseases.
- 2014 SpringerNeff, Marc.Edited by Dr. Marc Neff, Passing the General Surgery Oral Board Exam, Second Edition helps candidates prepare for the General Surgery Oral Board Exam in a different way than other review books. In addition to covering concepts frequently addressed on the test, the review also alerts you to 'common curveballs' and 'strikeouts'- the unexpected problems or seemingly benign actions (or inactions) that could result in a missed diagnosis or misdiagnosis, and thus result in failure to pass the exam. Fully updated and expanded to reflect the many changes in standards of care, this unique study guide is the first to expose the potential traps and pitfalls of the exam by providing examples of how the questions may be asked and what not to say in response.
- 2011 SpringerBruneau, Mickaël; George, Bernard; Spetzler, Robert F.This is the first comprehensive book about surgery on and around the vertebral artery all along its cervical and intracranial course. This vessel has been considered for long as out of surgical reach leaving many different pathologies not or incompletely treated. The surgical exposure and control of the vertebral artery not only permit to treat lesions of the vertebral artery wall or developed in contact to it but also to improve the access to the intervertebral foramen (tumors, osteophytes), to the anterior aspect of the spinal cord (tumors, spondylotic spurs), to the foramen magnum and to the jugular foramen. This book written by leading experts includes all aspects of vertebral artery surgery from anatomy to imaging, surgical techniques and pathologies; it is illustrated by many figures especially operative views and schematic drawings so that the beginner as well as the experienced surgeon find useful information. One of the editors of this book (B. GEORGE) was recently awarded the Olivecrona award for his work on the surgery of the vertebral artery.
- 2014 SpringerBenotti, Peter N."Patient Preparation for Bariatric Surgery provides a comprehensive and state of the art review of all aspects of the patient preparation process, The text reviews current literature and controversies involving sources of referrals and the difficulties encountered by primary care physicians in managing patients with extreme obesity. Strategies for addressing this problem and integrating primary care physicians in comprehensive obesity programs are presented. The text also reviews current indications for surgery and the current patient access limitations that have resulted in the need for revised surgical indications based more on medical need than mere extent of obesity. Written by an authority in the field, Patient Preparation for Bariatric Surgery is a valuable resource for bariatric surgeons, bariatric physicians and all allied health personnel who manage patients with extreme obesity and will assist in the advancement of this area of surgery as well as stimulate new discovery."--Publisher's website.
- 2014 SpringerMauffrey, Cyril; Stahel, Philip F.Part 1. General Aspects -- 1: Quality Assessment in Surgery: Mission Impossible? -- 2. Incidence of 'Never Events' and Common Complications -- 3. Cognitive Errors -- 4. Diagnostic Errors -- 5. Technical Errors -- 6. The Missed Injury: A 'Preoperative Complication' -- 7. Non-Technical Aspects of Safe Surgical Performance -- 8. Postoperative Monitoring for Clinical Deterioration -- 9. Effective Communication- Tips and Tricks -- 10. Professionalism in Health Care -- 11. Accountability in the Medical Profession -- 12. The Role of the Surgical Second Opinion -- 13. Compliance to Patient Safety Culture -- 14. The Universal Protocol: Pitfalls and Pearls -- 15. Patient Safety in Graduate and Continuing Medical Education -- 16. Translation of Aviation Safety Principals to Patient Safety in Surgery -- 17. Handovers: The 'Hidden Threat' to Patient Safety -- 18. Public Safety-Net Hospitals- The Denver Health Model -- 19. Electronic Health Records and Patient Safety -- 20. Research and Patient Safety -- Part 2. The Surgeon's Perspective -- 21. The Surgery Morbidity and Mortality Conference -- 22. Reporting of Complications -- 23. Disclosure of Complications -- 24. Surgical Quality Improvement -- 25. Surgical Safety Checklists -- Part 3. Other Perspectives -- 26. The Anesthesia Perspective -- 27. The Nursing Perspective -- 28. The Patient's and Patient Family's Perspective -- 29. The Ethical Perspective -- 30. Patient Safety- A Perspective from the Developing World -- Part 4. Case Scenarios -- 31. Improving Operating Room Safety: A Success Story -- 32. Management of Unanticipated Outcomes: A Case Scenario -- 33. The Preventable Death of Michael Skolnik: An Imperative for Shared Decision-Making -- Epilogue -- Appendices.
- 2015 SpringerHartstein, Morris E.; Holds, John B.; Massry, Guy G.Pearls and Pitfalls in Cosmetic Oculoplastic Surgery, Second Edition addresses the need among surgeons for cleanly distilled and clinically relevant information. The second edition of this popular text highlights the changes and updates to the ever expanding field of facial cosmetic surgery. There are updates regarding the advances, for example in blepharoplasty techniques, fillers and filler techniques, periorbital fat grafting, brow lifting techniques, and midface rejuvenation. Additionally, nearly every chapter has full color illustrations to bring each one to life. This concise and practical "how to" book is written and edited by experts in their fields and offers "here?s how I do it" advice on the most commonly performed procedures. Each chapter becomes the voice of an expert and experienced colleague, reminding readers of the pearls and pitfalls of each procedure. These pearls will lead to more efficient techniques, fewer complications, and enhance outcomes for physicians and their patients.
- 2012 KargerGallagher, Thomas Q.; Hansen, Maynard C.; Hartnick, Christopher J.For the first time the editors of this volume have brought together text, illustrations and high-definition videos to create an expert video atlas in the field of pediatric airway surgery. The publication which includes the book and free online access to the videos provides a detailed review of the pros and cons and clinical pearls involved in various modes of pediatric airway surgery. Discussed are all the main open airway surgeries including laryngotracheal reconstruction, cricotracheal resection, tracheal resection and re-anastomosis, and slide tracheoplasty. Further covered is a range of endoscopic procedures such as endoscopic repair of laryngeal clefts and endoscopic treatment of vocal fold immobility.The high-definition videos with audio overlay and the text complement provide an excellent detailed instruction manual for surgeons willing to carry out these operations. This publication is designed for all levels, from medical student through residency and fellowship as well as the pediatric otolaryngologist or pediatric surgeon preparing for pediatric airway surgery.
- 2011 SpringerMonnier, Philippe.The compromised pediatric airway: challenges facing families and physicians -- Applied surgical anatomy of the larynx and trachea -- Clinical evaluation of airway obstruction -- Equipment and instrumentation for diagnostic and therapeutic endoscopy -- Endoscopic assessment of the compromised pediatric airway -- Laryngomalacia (LM) -- Vocal cord paralysis (VCP) -- Congenital subglottic stenosis (C-SGS) -- Laryngeal web and atresia -- Subglottic haemangioma (SGH) -- Ductal cysts, saccular cysts and laryngoceles -- Laryngeal and tracheal clefts -- Congenital tracheal anomalies -- Acquired post-intubation and tracheostomy-related stenoses -- External laryngeal trauma -- Neoplastic lesions of the larynx and trachea -- Preoperative assessment, indications for surgery and parental counseling -- Endoscopic techniques for laryngotracheal stenosis -- Laryngotracheoplasty and laryngotracheal reconstruction -- Partial cricotracheal resection -- Tracheotomy -- Tracheal resection and anastomosis -- Revision surgery.
- 2014 SpringerCruz, Eduardo M. da; Ivy, D. Dunbar; Jaggers, James.Pediatric and Congenital Cardiology, Cardiac Surgery and Intensive Care provides a consistent and comprehensive approach to multiple congenital and acquired cardiac pathologies pre, peri and postoperatively, with the use of algorhythms, guidelines and current research issues. Included with this book are interactive videos with the most common interventions, online access to practical learning activities, and to the comprehensive Aristotle score and database. This reference work satisfies the need for a universal and practical review of management of critically ill children and adults with congenital heart disease, based upon taskforce decisions and the cumulative experience of the world leaders in the field.
- 2009 SpringerPalmer, Jeffrey S.
- 2014 SpringerCoventry, Brendon J.Written by internationally acclaimed specialists, Pediatric Surgery provides pertinent and concise procedure descriptions spanning benign and malignant problems and minimally invasive procedures. Complications are reviewed when appropriate for the organ system and problem, creating a book that is both comprehensive and accessible. Stages of operative approaches with relevant technical considerations are outlined in an easily understandable manner. Forming part of the series, Surgery: Complications, Risks and Consequences, this volume Pediatric Surgery provides a valuable resource for all general surgeons and residents in training. Other healthcare providers will also find this a useful resource.
- 2006 SpringerHöllwarth, M. E.; Puri, Prem.
- 2009 SpringerHöllwarth, M. E.; Puri, Prem.
- 2014 SpringerCoppola, Christopher P.Fluids and Electrolytes -- Nutrition -- Pediatric Anesthesiology -- Procedural Sedation -- Postoperative Neonatal and Pediatric Critical Care -- Disorders of Clotting -- Epidemiology of Trauma -- Injury Prevention and Safety -- Non-accidental Trauma -- Initial Trauma Assessment -- Pathophysiology of Brain Injury -- Algorithm of Treatment for Head Trauma -- Thoracic Trauma -- Abdominal Trauma -- Traumatic Spinal Injury in Children -- Burns -- Pelvic Fractures -- Common Pediatric Fractures -- Necrotizing Enterocolitis -- Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia -- Esophageal Atresia and Tracheoesophageal Fistula -- Pyloric Stenosis -- Duodenal Atresia -- Intestinal Atresia -- Hirschsprung's Disease -- Malrotation -- Gastroschisis -- Omphalocele -- Imperforate Anus and Cloaca -- Congenital Lung Malformations -- Meconium Plug Syndrome and Meconium Ileus -- Hypospadias -- Disorders of Sexual Differentiation -- Biliary Atresia -- Inguinal Hernia/Hydrocele -- Umbilical Hernia -- Intussusception -- Foreign Body Ingestion and Aspiration -- Branchial Cleft Remnants -- Choledochal Cyst -- Thyroglossal Duct Cyst -- Renal Duplication Anomalies -- Cryptorchidism -- Vesicoureteral Reflux -- Megaureter -- Ureteropelvic Junction Obstruction -- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease -- Gastrointestinal Bleeding -- Vascular Rings and Slings -- Lymphadenopathy -- Appendicitis -- Hereditary Spherocytosis -- Idiopathic Thrombocytopenic Purpura -- Thrombotic Thrombocytopenic Purpura -- Sickle Cell Anemia -- Gynecomastia -- Pectus Deformity -- Imperforate Hymen -- Inflammatory Bowel Disease -- Multiple Endocrine Neoplasia Syndromes -- Thyroid Nodules -- Breast Nodules -- Adrenal Tumors -- Pancreatitis -- Gallbladder Disease -- Varicocele -- Acute Scrotum -- Pediatric Urolithiasis -- Wilms' Tumor -- Neuroblastoma -- Hepatoblastoma -- Leukemia -- Rhabdomyosarcoma -- Parenteral Access -- Enteral Access -- Chest Tube -- Scoliosis Exposure -- Hydrocephalus: Ventricular Shunts and Endoscopy -- Circumcision -- Patent Ductus Arteriosus Ligation -- Tracheostomy -- Note Templates -- Common Medications -- Vaccination Schedule -- Developmental Milestones.
- 2012 ScienceDirect2012 ClinicalKeyCoran, Arnold G.V.1. Pages 1-768 -- v.2. pages 769-1738.
- 2009 SpringerAlbanese, Craig T.; Esposito, Ciro; Esposito, G.
- 2009 SpringerAuldist, Alexander W.; Crabbe, David C. G.; Parikh, Dakshesh H.; Rothenberg, Steven S.
- 2013 SpringerLima, Mario.The past two decades have witnessed a technological revolution in surgery, leading to the widespread application of minimally invasive techniques. Such techniques have had a profound impact on the diagnosis and therapy of thoracic disorders, including in the pediatric age group. This book is intended as a practical guide to the current approaches in pediatric thoracic surgery. Up-to-date information is provided on the surgical techniques employed for diagnosis and therapy in a wide range of congenital and acquired thoracic pathologies from the prenatal age to adolescence. Among the disorders considered in detail are cystic malformations of the lung, chest wall deformities, diaphragmatic hernias, esophageal anomalies, mediastinal tumors, laryngeal anomalies, and thoracic infections. The authors are distinguished experts in the field from across the world. Pediatric Thoracic Surgery will be of value not only for pediatric thoracic surgeons but also for adult thoracic surgeons, pediatric anesthetists, and pediatric respiratory physicians.
- 2015 SpringerPatel, Hitendra R. H.The fully comprehensive book brings together the three main pelvic specialties (Urology, Gynecological Oncology and Colorectal Surgery) into one volume. Patients have been shown to benefit from a multidisciplinary approach since it allows surgeons of different specialties to learn from one another therefore enhancing the treatment for the patient. Pelvic cancer outcomes are poor in low volume centres. These centres account for 80% of the global centres dealing with these cancers. Pelvic Cancer Surgery: Modern Breakthroughs and Future Advances is a much needed book that can focus training and assist health professionals in their care of patients with pelvic dysfunction. Pelvic Cancer Surgery: Modern Breakthroughs and Future Advances is complete with full color illustrations and schematic diagrams and makes use of key points and stepwise figures for an enhanced learning experience.
- 2014 SpringerGaspari, Achille; Sileri, Pierpaolo.During recent decades, more than 100 surgical procedures have been proposed to treat pelvic organ prolapse, and surgeons are still searching for the ideal approach. Although generally accepted guidelines and algorithms are still lacking, careful preoperative work-up and patient selection can serve as a sound basis for tailored surgery. In this comprehensive book, leading experts from around the world provide a detailed, up-to-date overview of the diagnostic and surgical approaches employed in patients with prolapse of the middle or posterior pelvic floor compartment. Each surgical technique is explained step by step with the aid of instructive figures. Guidance is also included on the management of surgical complications and of recurrent disease aspects that are too frequently overlooked in the scientific literature. This book will prove essential reading for all who are interested in functional colorectal disorders of the pelvic floor and will represent a unique and invaluable source of knowledge for general surgeons, colorectal surgeons, and urogynecologists, whether in training or practice.
- 2012 SpringerDegiannis, Elias; Doll, Dietrich; Velmahos, George C.Part 1: Prehospital care, diagnostic tools and resuscitation strategies -- Part 2: Surgical strategies in Penetrating Trauma to Head, Face, and Neck -- Part 3: Surgical Strategies in Penetrating Trauma to the Chest -- Part 4: Surgical Strategies in Penetrating Trauma to the Abdomen and Pelvis -- Part 5: Surgical strategies in Penetrating Trauma and Orthopedic Injuries -- Part 6: Peripheral Arterial Injuries -- Part 7: Other topics.
- 2016 SpringerWebb, D. R.Foreword -- Anatomy -- Equipment, Instruments, and Personnel -- Indications for PCNL-Patient Selection and Evaluation -- Percutaneous Nephrostomy -- Routine Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy and Pyeloplasty -- Complex Punctures -- Complications of PCNL and their Management -- Critical Pathways, Theatre Equipment Lists and Setups -- PCNL Workshop.
- 2016 SpringerPelosi, P.; Servillo, Giuseppe.1. Tracheostomy: from surgical to percutaneous techniques -- 2. Anatomiical and sonographic landmark -- 3. Indication and timing -- 4. Surgical tracheostomy -- 5. Percutaneous tracheostomy: the ciaglia techniques -- 6. Balloon dilation tracheostomy -- 7. Percutaneous tracheostomy: the guide wire dilating forceps technique -- 8. Frova's rotational technique and Fantoni's translaryngeal tracheostomy -- 9. Choice of the appropriate tracheostomy technique -- 10. Complications of percutaneous and surgical tracheostomy in critically ill patients -- 11. Emergency percutaneous tracheotomy -- 12. Tracheostomy tube types and criteria of choice -- 13. Airway managment during tracheostomy: conventional device, laryngeal mask airway, double lumen endotracheal tube -- 14. Medical and nursing management of tracheostomy -- 15 .Quality of life and complications after percutaneous tracheostomy -- 16. Clinical practice of informed consent for percutaneous tracheostomy -- 17. Tracheostomy in intensive care unit: the need of European guidelines.
- Percutaneous treatment of left side cardiac valves : a practical guide for the interventional cardiologist2010 SpringerTamburino, Corrado; Ussia, Gian Paolo.Percutaneous aortic valve replacement and percutaneous mitral valve repair are emerging alternatives for high-risk patients with severe valve disease. Interventional cardiologists are faced with the challenge represented by this complex procedure. This practical guide specifically deals with a comprehensive knowledge of the techniques and approach to percutaneous treatment of left side cardiac valve disease and discusses the potential complications and expected or potential morbidity from the procedure.
- 2011 Thieme BookGeorgiades, Christos S.; Hong, Kelvin.Leading authorities on percutaneous tumor ablation come together in this volume to provide a complete overview of everything physicians and other health professionals need to know to successfully implement and administer an image-guided ablation service. After an introduction to the protocols and attendant physics of ablation technology, concise organ-based chapters focus on a wide range of both straightforward and atypical cases to teach readers how to handle the unique clinical and technical challenges associated with percutaneous tumor ablation in different areas of the body. Succinct, step-by-step descriptions complement high-resolution images throughout to illustrate the nuances of each procedure. This must-have clinical reference will develop the technical and clinical tumor ablation skills of every fellow and practicing physician in interventional radiology, oncology, and surgical oncology.
- 2008 SpringerBoss, A.; Vogl, Thomas J.
- 2006 SpringerBerlot, G.; Gullo, A.
- 2014 SpringerCornell, Charles N.; MacKenzie, C. Ronald; Memtsoudis, Stavros G.Part I: Preoperative Conditions -- General Principles and Practices of Perioperative Medicine -- The Prevalence of Disabling Musculoskeletal Conditions and the Demand for Orthopedic Surgery in the 21st Century -- The Connective Diseases: The Rheumatologist's Perspective -- The Pathophysiologic Events of Total Joint Replacement Surgery -- Part II: Anesthesiological Management -- Anesthesiology in the Orthopedic Patient -- Pediatric Anesthesia for Orthopedic Surgery -- Anesthetic Techniques and Their Clinical Application for Specific Orthopedic Procedures -- The Role of the Post-Anesthesia Care Unit in the Perioperative Care of the Orthopedic Patient -- Postoperative Pain Management in the Orthopedic Setting -- Part III: Medical Management in Specific Clinical Settings -- Perioperative Care of the Orthopedic Patient with Connective Tissue Disease -- Perioperative Care of the Orthopedic Patient with Cardiac Disease -- Perioperative Care of the Orthopedic Patient with Chronic Pulmonary Disease -- Perioperative Care of the Orthopedic Patient with Renal Disease -- Perioperative Care of the Orthopedic Patient with Diabetes Mellitus -- Perioperative Care of the Orthopedic Patient with Gastrointestinal and Liver Issues -- Perioperative Care of the Orthopedic Patient with Neurological Disease -- Perioperative Care of the Orthopedic Patient with Psychiatric Disease -- Part IV: Specific Perioperative Problems in Orthopedic Surgery -- Perioperative Care of the Elderly Orthopedic Patient -- Venous Thromboembolism and Orthopedic Surgery -- Coagulation Disorders and Orthopedic Surgery -- Perioperative Nutrition in the Orthopedic Surgical Patient -- Infection and Perioperative Orthopedic Care -- Risk and Benefits of Bilateral Total Knee Replacement Surgery -- Compartment Syndrome and Orthopedic Surgery: Diagnosis and Management -- Bone Health and Orthopedic Surgery -- Perioperative Care of theComplex Spine and Scoliosis SurgeryPatient -- Management of Blood Products in Orthopedic Surgery -- Part V: Role of Allied Services -- Professional Nursing Practice in the Orthopedic Care Setting -- The Approach to Physical Therapy Following Orthopedic Reconstructive Surgery -- Quality Improvement in the Perioperative Orthopedic Setting -- Introduction of Clinical Pathways in Orthopedic Surgical Care: The Experience of the Hospital for Special Surgery -- Ethical Considerations in Perioperative Orthopedic Medicine.
- 2015 SpringerMarcucci, Carlo Enrique; Schoettker, Patrick.All anesthesiologists are confronted with patients who show bleeding disorders, whether congenital, acquired, or pharmacologically induced. Although many studies, meta-analyses, guidelines, and textbooks have been published on the subject, they mostly cover specific aspects or require a thorough knowledge of hemostasis. The goal of this book is to provide the anesthetist with an overview of hemostasis and the mechanisms underlying bleeding and coagulation in general and to assist in the understanding of specific coagulation disorders as they may occur in the various anesthetic subspecialties. It is hoped that, through the provision of practical information and tools, the book will help residents and trained anesthetists to manage one of the most frustrating challenges that they face: the bleeding patient. A full understanding of coagulation requires a lifelong career, and this book is not intended to replace the consulting hematologist, whose expert opinion should always be sought. The available procoagulant blood products and drugs all have potentially dangerous side-effects; furthermore, in bleeding disorders pitfalls are frequent and a misdiagnosis can have potentially catastrophic consequences. The aim of the editors is thus instead to enhance the collaboration between the disciplines of Anesthesiology and Hematology.
- 2015 SpringerParikh, Chirag R.; Thakar, Charuhas V.The kidneys participate in all vital processes of the body to maintain overall homeostasis and health. When kidneys are injured during surgical interventions, metabolic and hemodynamic control is disrupted, leading to dysfunction associated with greater mortality, length of hospital stay, and cost. Peri-operative Kidney Injury presents the epidemiology, risk factors, diagnosis, treatment, and outcomes associated with kidney injury during the peri-operative period. Concepts and principles of care to prevent kidney complications during surgical procedures are provided to equip health care professionals along with strategies to manage acute kidney injury and associated challenges when they occur. Chapters detail diverse surgical settings, ranging from the more common, such as abdominal, cardiac, and vascular surgeries, to the intricately complex, including the use of the left ventricular assist device and organ transplants. This practical and comprehensive text blends the evidence-based standards of care with cutting edge advances in the field, while also providing the reader with a peek into innovations on the horizon.
- 2011 SpringerCohn, Steven L.Role of the Medical Consultant -- Preoperative Testing -- Perioperative Medication Management -- Perioperative Management of Anticoagulation -- Venous Thromboembolism Prophylaxis -- Prevention of Infective Endocarditis (Bacterial Endocarditis Prophylaxis) -- Surgical Site Infection Prophylaxis -- Anesthesiology for the Nonanesthesiologist -- Abdominal Surgery -- Thoracic Surgery -- Vascular Surgery -- Orthopedic Surgery -- Neurosurgery -- Gynecologic Surgery -- Urologic Surgery -- Bariatric Surgery -- Ophthalmic Surgery -- Otolaryngologic Procedures -- Electroconvulsive Therapy -- Cardiac Disease -- Pulmonary Disease -- Endocrine Disease -- Hematologic Disease -- Cancer -- HIV -- Chronic Kidney Disease -- GI Disease -- Rheumatic Disease -- Neurological Disease -- Psychiatric Conditions -- Substance Abuse -- The Pregnant Surgical Patient -- Postoperative Fever -- Postoperative Hypertension/Hypotension -- Postoperative Arrhythmias -- Perioperative Chest Pain/Dyspnea -- Postoperative Pulmonary Complications -- Postoperative Venous Thromboembolism (DVT and PE) -- Postoperative Fluid, Electrolyte, and Acid/Base Disorders -- Postoperative Renal Failure -- Anemia and Bleeding -- Postoperative Jaundice -- Postoperative Stroke and Seizures -- Postoperative Delirium -- Pain Management.
- 2015 SpringerHamlin, Nason P.; Jackson, Molly Blackley; Mookherjee, Somnath.
- 2013 SpringerHamlin, Nason P.; Wong, Christopher J.Patients with a wide range of medical conditions undergo surgeries of varying levels of risk, and the evolving field of consult medicine aims to address the needs of these patients whether pre- or post-surgery. Creating a differential diagnosis, weighing risks and benefits, providing timely treatment--these skills are equally applicable to the internist whether he or she is in an office or in a perioperative setting. The Perioperative Medicine Consult Handbook provides useful information, advice and guidelines based on a combination of clinical experience and evidence-based medicine. It covers topics in many major clinical areas (anesthesiology, cardiology, pulmonology, gastroenterology, rheumatology, endocrinology, and many others ) and puts critical surgery information at a consult physician's fingertips. This book was originally created by the Medicine Consult Service team at the University of Washington Medical Center and has already gained traction as a handy resource in the field. Now fully updated and expanded with new topics (including substance abuse and obesity), this quick reference is sure to be indispensible for residents and consult physicians alike.
- 2008 ClinicalKeyFink, M. P.; Fleisher, Lee A.; Newman, Mark F.This resource presents best management approaches for achieving optimal perioperative outcomes. It reviews the potential risks to all major organ systems by examining the incidence and significance of organ dysfunction, assessing the etiology of particular organ dysfunctions, defining the preoperative and intraoperative risk factors and offering perioperative protection strategies to minimize potential complications. A consistent chapter format combined with color-coded algorithms, summary tables and boxes enable you to quickly locate specific guidance.
- 2006 OvidShander, Aryeh; Spence, Richard K.; Spiess, Bruce D.A history of transfusion / Bruce Spiess and Richard K. Spence -- The contemporary economics of transfusion / Timothy J. Hannon and Kathy Paulson Gjerde -- Blood supplies now and in the future / Mike Fitzpatrick -- Medical ethics, transfusion and the standard of practice / Kenneth Kipnis -- Oxygen transport monitoring: the basis for developing transfusion triggers / Kevin Ward and Ivo Torres Filho -- Physiology of anemia and red blood cell transfusion / Howard Corwin and Paul C. Høbert -- Physiology of hemostasis / Wayne L. Chandler -- Platelet physiology: cellular and protein interactions / Christine S. Rinder -- Iron metabolism and erythopoiesis / Kenneth R. Bridges -- New concepts in oxygen transport / Aryeh Shander, Tanuja S. Rijhwani, and Carmine Gianatiempo -- Infectious risks of transfusion / Eberhard W. Fiebig and Michael P. Busch -- Immunomodulation by transfusion / Neil Blumberg and Joanna M. Heal -- Serious acute transfusion reactions / Ira A. Shulman and Aryeh Shander -- A surgeon's guide to blood banking and transfusion medicine / Kimberly W. Sanford and Susan D. Roseff -- Blood storage / Ian Chin-Yee and Richard K. Spence -- Quality control and hospital blood utilization / Kathy Walsh-Kaminsky -- Preoperative autologous donation / F. Mercuriali, G. Inghilleri, and Richard K. Spence -- Erythropoetin therapy / Lawrence T. Goodnough -- Hemoglobin based oxygen carriers / Gregory M.T. Hare and C. David Mazer -- Perfluorocarbon emulsions: artificial gas transport media / Bruce D. Spiess -- Initial resuscitation of the hemorrhaging patient / Richard P. Dutton -- Transfusion and coagulation therapy in trauma and burns / James K. Wright, Harriet W. Hopf, and Lewis J. Kaplan -- Acute gastrointestinal bleeding and transfusion management / Richard Peterson, Patricia Parce, and Richard K. Spence -- Coagulation in trauma: dilution and massive transfusion / Richard K. Spence and Anthony Martinez -- Coagulation product use in the perioperative period / Richard K. Spence and Aryeh Shander -- Coagulation monitoring in the perioperative period / Linda Shore-Lesserson and Bruce D. Spiess -- Surgery in patients with acquired platelet and clotting deficiencies / Richard K. Spence and Andrew Green -- Surgery in patients with congenital clotting deficiencies / Richard K. Spence and Andrew Green -- Perioperative implications of anticoagulant and antiplatelet therapy / Jeffrey A. Green -- Pharmacological approaches to prevent or decrease bleeding in surgical patients / Jerrold H. Levy -- Fibrin glue and platelet gel / Bruce Searles and Cody Trowbridge -- Anesthesia techniques in blood conservation / Aryeh Shander and Tanuja Rijhwani -- Perioperative red cell salvage and autotransfusion / Jonathan H. Waters -- Intraoperative acute nomovolemic hemodilution / Aryeh Shander and Tanuja S. Rijhwani -- Hypothermia and hemorrhage / Richard P. Dutton -- Surgery in patients with red cell disorders: sickle hemoglobinopathies, polycythemia, and autoimmune hemolytic anemia / Imoigele P. Aisiku -- Surgery in the Jehovah's Witness / Richard K. Spence ... [et al.] -- Coagulation, transfusion, and cardiac surgery / Simon S. Body and David S. Morse -- Blood loss and transfusion alternatives in vascular surgery / Richard K. Spence -- Solid organ transplantation / Nicolas Jabbour, S. Ram Kumar, and Singh Gagandeep -- Blood use in orthopedic surgery / E. Michael Keating and John B. Meding -- Blood management in obstetrics and gynecology / Arnold J. Friedman -- Hemorrhage in pediatric patients / Thomas V. Whalen -- Transfusion in oncologic surgery / Patricia A. Ford and Jason Mastoris -- Transfusion and coagulation dysfunction in neurosurgery / Robert S. Graham and J. Chris Zacko -- Transfusion and outcome / Bruce D. Spiess, Richard K. Spence, and Aryeh Shander -- The transfusion decision / Bruce D. Spiess, Richard B. Counts, and Steven A. Gould -- Undertransfusion / Richard K. Spence and Aryeh Shander -- A philosophy of blood management / Aryeh Shander, Richard K. Spence, and Bruce D. Spiess.
- 2014 SpringerCoventry, Brendon J.Diagnostic Biopsy Procedures -- Cutaneous Surgery -- Hand Surgery -- Foot Surgery -- Hernia Surgery -- Head and Neck Surgery.
- 2011 ClinicalKeyFowler, Grant C.; Pfenninger, John L."Pfenninger and Fowler's Procedures for Primary Care, 3rd Edition is a comprehensive, "how-to" resource offering step-by-step strategies for nearly every medical procedure that can be performed in an office, hospital, or emergency care facility by primary care clinicians. Designed for everyday practice, the outline format allows speedy reference while the detailed text and clear illustrations guide you through each procedure. The new edition of this best-selling book features full-color illustrations and easy access to the complete contents and illustrations, patient forms, and more online at www.expertconsult.com. "--Publisher's website.
- 2014 SpringerMowatt-Larssen, Eric.The management of venous pathology has been revolutionized by technological advancements. Venous disease is now managed with a wide variety of techniques that collectively allow physicians to diagnose and treat venous problems in ways that few surgeons would have anticipated even a decade ago. Techniques include laser ablation, radiofrequency ablation, chemical ablation (sclerotherapy), high ligation with or without stripping, ambulatory phlebectomy, powered phlebectomy, subfascial endoscopic perforator surgery, three-dimensional venography, and intravascular ultrasound. All of these topics are covered in this comprehensive, up-to-date textbook, which guides the practitioner through every aspect of care of the venous patient and includes essential background information on anatomy and pathophysiology. This book is exceptional in that it is based entirely on the curriculum designed for board certification by the American College of Phlebology (ACP). A further unique aspect of the text is the integration of ultrasound and various other imaging modalities, that play a fundamental role in diagnosis and management. The authors come from a wide range of specialties, mirroring the diversity of practitioners who care for patients with venous disease. The book will accordingly serve the needs of vascular and general surgeons, interventional radiologists, phlebologists, nurses, ultrasonographers, allied health professionals, and scientists, as well as American College of Phlebology fellowship candidates and those preparing for board examinations in vascular surgery.
- Pichlmayrs chirurgische Therapie : allgemein-, viszeral- und Transplantationschirurgie. 3., völlig neu bearbeitete Aufl.2006 SpringerLöhlein, Dietrich; Nagel, Eckhard; Pichlmayr, R.
- 2015 SpringerTolhurst, David.INTRODUCTION -- LIST OF PIONEERS -- 19TH CENTURY SURGEONS -- Short review of main developments -- Abbe -- Bier -- Diefffenbach -- Fergusson -- Joseph -- Lanz -- Lexer -- Morestin -- 20th CENTURY SURGEONS -- Short review of main developments -- Blair -- Burian -- Esser -- Gillies -- Kilner -- Mowlem -- McIndoe -- Sanvenero -- Staige -- Davis.
- 2009 SpringerO'Brien, Mary.
- 2015 SpringerSiemionow, Maria Z.With novel approaches to the application of new technologies via research based studies on stem cells, tissue engineering and new fields of reconstructive transplant (face, hand or larynx transplants), this book facilitates access to this latest knowledge which is not traditionally part of the plastic surgery curriculum. Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery ? Experimental Models and Research Designs presents pertinent introductions to different fields (stem cell, transplantation, nerve regeneration, tissue engineering) and experimental models which can be used as a tool to develop technologies of interest by various groups of surgeons. Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery ? Experimental Models and Research Designs benefits a range of surgeons, including plastic and reconstructive surgeons, microsurgeons, hand surgeons, orthopedic surgeons, neurosurgeons and transplant surgeons.
- 2009 ClinicalKeyGuyuron, Bahman.Vol. 1: Section 1: Principles -- Section 2: Techniques -- Section 3: Basic Principles of Craniomaxillofacial Surgery -- Section 4: Craniofacial Surgery -- Section 5: Maxillofacial Surgery -- Section 6: Pediatric Plastic Surgery -- Section 7: Head and Neck Surgery -- Vol. 2: Section 8: Hand Surgery -- Section 9: Aesthetic Surgery.
- v.1-6, 2013 ClinicalKeyNeligan, Peter; Van Beek, Allen; Warren, Richard J.Fully updated to meet the demands of the 21st-century surgeon, this title provides you with all the most current knowledge and techniques across your entire field, allowing you to offer every patient the best possible outcome. Edited by Drs. Mathes and Hentz in its last edition, this six-volume plastic surgery reference now features new expert leadership, a new organization, new online features, and a vast collection of new information - delivering all the state-of-the-art know-how you need to overcome any challenge you may face. Renowned authorities provide evidence-based guidance to help you make the best clinical decisions, get the best results from each procedure, avoid complications, and exceed your patients' expectations.
- Plastic surgery review : a study guide for the written board, in-service, and maintenance of certification exams2015 Thieme-ConnectLakin, Gregory E."Plastic Surgery Review meets the need for a high-yield, compact review book for the plastic surgery in-service, written board, and maintenance of certification examinations. Its 50 chapters are organized into four sections tested by the plastic surgery in-service examination: comprehensive plastic surgery craniomaxillofacial surgery breast and cosmetic surgery hand and lower extremity. An outline format with bullet points, tables, figures, mnemonics, and references facilitates review and memorization. Invited expert reviewers ensure the material is accurate and up-to-date"--Provided by publisher.
- 2010 ClinicalKeyWeinzweig, Jeffrey.Plastic Surgery Secrets-the first Secrets Seriesʼ title in the PLUS format-offers an easy-to-read, information-at-your-fingertips approach to plastic and reconstructive surgery and hand surgery. Jeffrey Weinzweig has joined forces with world-renowned plastic surgeons Joseph McCarthy, Julia Terzis, Joseph Upton, Fernando Ortiz-Monasterio, and Luis Vasconez, and others to bring you the expert perspective you need to grasp the nuances of this specialty. This new edition features an additional color that highlights tables, legends, key terms, section and chapter titles, and web references. All this, along with the popular question-and answer approach and list of the "Top 100 Plastic Surgery Secrets," make it a perfect concise board review tool and a handy clinical reference. Maintains the popular and trusted Secrets Seriesʼ format, using questions and short answers for effective and enjoyable learning. Provides the most current overview and authoritative coverage of all topics thanks to contributions from an impressive list of over 300 experts in the field of plastic surgery and multiple related specialties.
- 2015 SpringerFerri, Lorenzo; Madani, Amin; Seely, Andrew.Pre-Operative Evaluation of the Thoracic Patient -- Operative and Post-Operative Considerations -- Lung and Airway Disorders -- Pleural Disorders -- Mediastinal Disorders -- Chest Wall Disorders -- Chest Trauma -- Benign Esophageal Disorders -- Esophageal Cancer.
- 2016 SpringerBorrelli, Joseph; Pape, Hans-Christoph; Sanders, Roy.
- 2006 SpringerFlorman, Larry D.; Polk, Hiram C.Part 1. The Transition -- Attire -- The Little Black Book -- Communications -- Surgery Suite Etiquette -- The Clinics -- Rounds -- Difficult People -- Documentation -- Presentations -- The Mortality and Morbidity Conference -- The 80-Hour Week -- The Boards -- The Interview -- Medical - Legal -- HIPAA -- Assorted Affairs -- Part 2. The Transition -- The Mentor's Wrap-Up.
- Positioning techniques in surgical applications : thorax and heart surgery, vascular surgery, visceral and transplantation surgery, urology, surgery to the spinal cord and extremities, arthroscopy, paediatric surgery, navigation/ISO-C 3D2006 SpringerAschemann, Dirk; Krettek, Christian.
- 2013 SpringerLaunois, Bernard; Jamieson, Glyn G.The objective of The Posterior Intrahepatic Approach in Liver Surgery is to describe techniques, as the more routine application today of split liver, living donor transplantation has continued to teach us more about the anatomy of the liver and its applications. Furthermore, laparoscopic surgery in general has grown space and it is important to show the application of the posterior approach in laparoscopic liver surgery as well.
- 2015 CambridgeRaeder, Johan; Urman, Richard D."Practical Ambulatory Anesthesia covers all aspects of sedation, anesthesia, and pain relief for patients undergoing day (ambulatory) surgery. Written and edited by leading clinical anesthesiologists from the USA and Europe, it provides clear guidance on how to handle particular patients in particular situations. Comprehensive in scope, each chapter summarizes major studies and review papers, followed by practical advice based on the authors' and editors' clinical and scientific expertise. This combination of authoritative evidence-based guidance and personal advice ensures the reader benefits from the latest scientific knowledge and the authors' wealth of experience. Chapters discuss how to plan, equip and staff an ambulatory unit, pharmacology, key concepts of ambulatory care, pre- and post-operative issues, quality assurance, and current controversies. There are also dedicated chapters for topics including regional anesthesia for ambulatory surgery and pediatric ambulatory anesthesia. This text provides a much-needed comprehensive and evidence-based guide for clinical anesthesiologists"-- Provided by publisher. "Our goal with this book is to provide an up-to-date, practical guide for the practitioners of ambulatory anesthesia. Ambulatory anesthesia incorporates most anesthetic topics and knowledge, but the focus is shifted somewhat from looking solely at what happens in the operating room to encompassing the complete perioperative period. Although safety and quality in the operating room remain major goals, the ambulatory anesthesia provider should also plan to optimize the postoperative period"-- Provided by publisher.
- 2009 SpringerMacdonald, Sumaira; Stansby, Gerard.
- 2009 ClinicalKeyAbilez, Oscar J.; Nguyen, Tom C.Stat! -- Quick reference -- Skeletons and templates -- Medical illustrations -- Bugs and drugs -- Procedures -- Systems -- Trauma -- Rounds and services survival guide -- Medical Spanish.
- 2012 SpringerSpandau, Ulrich; Heimann, Heinrich.Since the development of 23G vitrectomy in 2004, the technique has revolutionized retinal surgery by overcoming a number of the problems associated with 20G and 25G systems and offering significant improvements in surgical capability and fluidics. This important book first discusses the instruments and equipment employed in 23G vitrectomy and then explains, step by step, the various surgical techniques with the aid of informative diagrams and many high-quality photos. In addition, videos are included that document the different procedures, from the straightforward to the demanding. This book will serve as an immensely useful guide for all surgeons who are intending to make use of this exciting and increasingly used technique.
- 2015 SpringerBatra, Pete S.; Han, Joseph K.Chronic rhinosinusitis (CRS) is an inflammatory disorder of the nose and paranasal sinuses with symptoms persisting for at least 3 months. The treatment paradigm for CRS includes medical therapy as the cornerstone, coupled with endoscopic sinus surgery in refractory cases. To date, however, no FDA-approved treatments exist for medical treatment of CRS, and most treatment algorithms rely on expert opinion supplemented by available peer-review data. This underscores the need for a comprehensive primer to optimize the care of CRS patients. This book is a detailed compendium on the medical and surgical treatment of CRS, with or without polyposis. Detailed coverage is provided of a wide range of topics, including pathophysiologic mechanisms, medical and surgical management of CRS and its subsets, medical therapy in the pre- and postoperative period, specific medical therapeutic classes currently employed in CRS patients, and optimization of the efficacy of endoscopic sinus surgery for postoperative medical therapy. Each chapter highlights key aspects of specific therapies, including mechanism of action, indications, dosages, side-effects, and available clinical efficacy data, and emphasizes practical management pearls and pitfalls from experts in the field. Operative techniques for endoscopic sinonasal procedures for CRS are also outlined. This book will be a valuable resource for practicing general otolaryngologists, rhinologists, and allergists as well as residents and fellows in training. It will also serve as a reference guide for physician assistants, nurse practitioners, and nurses involved in the care of CRS patients.
- 2012 SpringerGiannoudis, Peter V.Upper Extremity -- Clavicle -- Shoulder -- Treatment of non-union of clavicle fracture -- Acromioclavicular Joint Dislocation -- Diagnostic Shoulder Arthroscopy -- Acromioplasty -- Rotator cuff repair (open / arthroscopic) -- Open anterior shoulder stabilisation -- Arthroscopic Shoulder Stabilization -- Arthroscopic Capsular Release for Shoulder Stiffness -- Total shoulder arthroplasty in degenerative osteoarthritis of the shoulder -- Humerus -- Elbow -- Non-unions Of The Humeral Shaft: Open Reduction Plate Fixation And Autologous Bone Graft Augmentation -- Repair of the Ruptured Distal Biceps Tendon -- Ulnar Nerve Transposition -- Lateral Collateral Ligament Reconstruction for Posterolateral Rotatory Instability of the Elbow -- Elbow arthroscopy -- Total Elbow Arthroplasty -- Forearm -- Wrist -- Forearm Non-unions -- Wrist Arthroscopy -- Wrist Arthrodesis -- Scaphoid Non-Union -- Trapezectomy -- Carpal Tunnel Release -- Release of the First Extensor compartment at the Wrist (DeQuervain's decompression) -- Dupuytrens Fasciectomy -- Trigger Finger release -- Tendon transfers for Median Nerve Palsy -- Tendon transfers for Radial Nerve Palsy -- Tendon transfers for Ulnar Nerve Palsy -- Spine -- Cervical Spine -- Surgical technique of Anterior Cervical Discectomy and Fusion (ACDF) -- Lumbar Spine -- Microdiscectomy / Microdecompression for Intra-Spinal Intervertebral Disc Prolapses and Lateral Recess Stenosis -- Lumbar Decompression and Instrumented Fusion -- Spinal Stenosis / Decompression -- Scoliosis -- Posterior Correction of Adolescent Idiopathic Scoliosis (Principles for the posterior correction of spinal curvatures) -- Vertebro / Kyphoplasty -- Surgical technique of Vertebral Cement Augmentation (Vertebro / Kyphoplasty).
- 2008 SpringerMolavi, Diana Weedman.
- 2012 SpringerPescatori, Mario.Anal Fissure -- Hemorrhoids -- Anal Abscesses and Fistulae -- Rectovaginal Fistulae -- Sacrococcygeal Pilonidal Sinus -- Tumors of the Rectum and Anus -- Anal Condylomata and Anorectal Stricture -- Obstructed Defecation (OD) and Related Diseases -- Fecal Incontinence -- External Rectal Prolapse.
- 2011 SpringerSlinger, Peter D.pt. 1. Preoperative evaluation -- pt. 2. Thoracic anatomy, physiology, and pharmacology -- pt. 3. Diagnostic and therapeutic procedures of the trachea and airways -- pt. 4. Diagnostic and therapeutic procedures of the mediastinum -- pt. 5. Anesthetic management for intra-thoracic surgery -- pt. 6. Specific patient considerations -- pt. 7. Complex thoracic surgical procedures -- pt. 8. Anesthetic management of uncommon pulmonary procedures -- pt. 9. Anesthesia for surgical procedures for end-stage lung diseases -- pt. 10. Anesthesia for pediatric thoracic surgical procedures -- pt. 11. Trauma -- pt. 12. Post-operative management.
- 2011 SpringerKatlic, Mark R.; Rosenthal, Ronnie A.; Zenilman, Michael E.
- 2015 SpringerAli, Mohammad Javed.Lacrimal Disorders and Surgery: Historical Perspective -- Embryology of the Lacrimal Drainage System -- Anatomy, Physiology and Immunology of Lacrimal System -- Paradigm Shifts in Lacrimal Anatomy -- The Sino-nasal Anatomy: Endoscopic Lacrimal and Orbital Perspectives -- Evaluation of Epiphora -- Set up for Nasal Endoscopy and Endoscopic Surgery -- Nasal Endoscopic Evaluation -- Dacryoendoscopic Examination of the Lacrimal System -- Imaging Modalities for Lacrimal Disorders -- Disorders of the Upper Lacrimal System -- Congenital Nasolacrimal Duct Obstructions Primary and Secondary Acquired Lacrimal Duct Obstructions (PANDO and SALDO) -- Functional Obstructions of the Lacrimal System -- Infections of the Lacrimal Drainage System -- Lacrimal Trauma and its Management -- Primary External Dacryocystorhinostomy -- Endoscopic Guided Single Self-linking of Stents -- Aesthetic External Dacryocystorhinostomy: The Subciliary Approach -- Aesthetic External Dacryocystorhinostomy: The Transconjunctival Approach -- Primary Endoscopic Dacryocystorhinostomy -- Ultrasonic Endoscopic Dacryocystorhinostomy -- Non-endoscopic Endonasal Dacryocystorhinostomy -- Primary Endocanalicular Laser Dacryocystorhinostomy -- 5mm and 9mm Balloon Assisted Dacryocystorhinostomy -- Revising a Failed Dacryocystorhinostomy Conjunctivodacryocystorhinostomy: Indications, Techniques and Complications -- Adjunctive Endonasal Procedures with Dacryocystorhinostomy -- Evaluation of a Dacryocystorhinostomy Ostium and DOS Scoring -- Intubation in Lacrimal Surgery: Devices and Techniques -- Pediatric and Adult Balloon Dacryoplasty -- Dacryoendoscopic guided canalicular and nasolacrimal duct recanalization -- Tumors of the Lacrimal Drainage System -- Dacryocystectomy: Indications and Techniques -- Debates in Dacryology: The Ostium Dilemma! -- Selva -- Debates in Dacryology: The Mitomycin C Dilemma -- Debates in Dacryology: The Intubation Dilemma! -- The Great Debate: External versus Endonasal Dacryocystorhinostomy -- Quality of Life in Lacrimal Disorders and Patient Satisfaction following Management -- Future Directions in Lacrimal Disorders and their Management. Lacrimal disorders are one of the very common conditions encountered not only by the oculoplastic surgeons but also by the general ophthalmologists in their daily practice. Written by global experts in the field of dacyrology, this book is a comprehensive, updated practical guide on evaluation and management of patients with lacrimal diseases. This up-to-date reference work covers all aspects of the field including the basic anatomy and underlying pathology, evaluation of a patient, and all surgical procedures currently used in managing various disorders in an organized fashion. Surgical modalities including the endoscopic approaches are thoroughly and succinctly reviewed with ample illustrations for better understanding. Since familiarity with a surgical technique is incomplete without the knowledge of risk factors and red flags, an emphasis on dealing with surgical complications and failure has received priority in this treatise. Controversial topics and treatment dilemmas have been discussed in detail with the objective of reviewing the present consensus among the experts.
- 2016 ClinicalKeyConvissar, Robert A.Expand your skills in the rapidly growing field of laser dentistry! The new second edition of Principles and Practice of Laser Dentistry contains everything you need to know about the latest laser procedures across all areas of dentistry. With vivid clinical photos and easy-to-follow writing, Dr. Robert A. Convissar and his team of dental experts walk you through the most common uses of lasers in areas like: periodontics, periodontal surgery, oral pathology, implantology, fixed and removable prosthetics, cosmetic procedures, endodontics, operative dentistry, pediatrics, orthodontics, and oral and maxillofacial surgery. The book also covers topics such as the history of lasers in dentistry, laser research, the latest laser equipment, and how to go about incorporating lasers into your practice, so that you are fully equipped to use lasers successfully in your treatments.
- 2016 ClinicalKeyChang, David W.; Cheng, Ming-Huei; Patel, Ketan M.
- 2005 OvidOldham, Keith T.Sect I. Basic considerations -- Part A. Scientific principles -- Part B. Trauma -- Part C. Oncology -- Part D. Transplantation -- Sect. II. Surgical practice -- Part A. Head and neck -- Part B. Thorax -- Part C. Abdomen and abdominal wall defects -- Part D. Intestine -- Part E. Colon -- Part F. Liver, biliary Tract, and pancreas -- Part G. Spleen -- Part H. Urinary and genital systems -- Part I. Vascular system -- Part J. Musculoskeletal system -- Part K. Skin and soft tissue -- Part L. Central nervous system / Herbert Edgar Fuchs -- Part M. Conjoined Twins / John H.T. Waldhausen - Index.
- 2015 SpringerChin, Lawrence S.; Regine, William F.Principles and Practice of Stereotactic Radiosurgery (SRS), Second Edition aims to serve as the definitive reference textbook for SRS practitioners. It provides a theoretical basis for the use of therapeutic SRS including imaging techniques and radiobiology. The bulk of the textbook contains chapters that are comprehensive in scope on all diseases that are treated by SRS. Lastly, it addresses administrative and technical aspects of running an SRS unit. Each chapter provides an expansive treatment of the subject. Emphasis is placed on the technical aspects of SRS so that practitioners in this field will use it as a daily reference. Each subject is presented by historical context, then by its pathophysiology. Current treatment methods and results are addressed in depth. A liberal use of tables and figures enhance the presentation. A review of all major clinical studies and representative case presentations, where possible, are provided with imaging, treatment planning, and follow-up results. Each chapter is followed by one or two mini-chapters that provide a counter-viewpoint experience to the main chapter, which is oriented to SRS. These counter-viewpoint chapters are written by a noted expert in that field and address in greater detail the indications, results, and complications of their approach to the disease discussed in the main chapter. Principles and Practice of Stereotactic Radiosurgery, Second Edition is the only reference needed for neurosurgeons, radiation oncologists, and medical physicists at all levels of training and practice who are interested in SRS.
- 2008 SpringerChin, Lawrence S.; Regine, William F.Part I. The fundamentals -- The history of stereotactic radiosurgery / Michael Schulder and Vaibhav Patil -- Neuroimaging in radiosurgery treatment planning and follow-up evaluation / Clark C. Chen, Paul H. Chapman, Hanne Kooy, and Jay S. Loeffler -- Techniques of stereotactic radiosurgery / Chris Heller, Cheng Yu, and Michael L.J. Apuzzo -- Part II. Radiation biology and physics -- The physics of stereotactic radiosurgery / Siyong Kim and Jatinder Palta -- Radiobiological principles underlying stereotactic radiation therapy / David J. Brenner -- Experimental radiosurgery models / Ajay Niranjan and Douglas Kondziolka -- Treatment planning for stereotactic radiosurgery / David M. Shepard ... [et al.] -- Designing, building and installing a stereotactic radiosurgery unit / Lijun Ma and Martin Murphy. Part III. Stereotactic radiosurgery techniques -- Gamma knife radiosurgery / Ajay Niranjan ... [et al.] -- Linear accelerator radiosurgery / William A. Friedman -- Proton beam radiosurgery: physical bases and clinical experience / Georges Noel ... [et al.] -- Robotics and radiosurgery / Cesare Giorgi and Antonio Cossu -- CyberKnife radiosurgery / John R. Adler Jr., Alexander Muacevic, and Pantaleo Romanelli. Part IV. Treatment of disease types --Brain metastases / John H. Suh, Gene H. Barnett, and William F. Regine -- Metastatic brain tumors: surgery perspective / Raymond Sawaya and David M. Wildrick -- Brain metastases: whole-brain radiation therapy perspective / Roy A. Patchell and William F. Regine -- High-grade gliomas / David Roberge and Luis Souhami -- Malignant glioma: chemotherapy perspective / Roger Stupp and J. Gregory Cairncross -- Meningioma / Carlos A. Mattozo and Antonio A.F. de Salles -- Meningioma: surgery perspective / Lawrence S. Chin, Pulak Ray, and John Caridi -- Intracranial meningioma: fractionated radiation therapy perspective / Leland Rogers, Dennis Shrieve, and Arie Perry -- Meningioma: systemic therapy perspective / Steven Grunberg -- Acoustic Schwannoma / William M. Mendenhall ... [et al.] -- Acoustic neuroma: surgical perspective / Indro Chakrabarti and Steven L. Giannotta -- Acoustic neuromas and other benign tumors: fractionated stereotactic radiotherapy perspective / David W. Andres, Greg Bednarz, Beverly Downes, and Maria Werner-Wasik -- Pituitary tumors / Kintomo Takakura, Motohiro Hayashi, and Masahiro Izawa -- Pituitary adenomas: surgery perspective / William T. Couldwell and Martin H. Weiss -- Pituitary and pituitary region tumors: fractionated radiation therapy perspective / Jonathan P.S. Knisely and Paul W. Sperduto -- Pituitary and pituitary region tumors: medical therapy perspective / Mansur E. Shomali -- Pediatric radiosurgery / Andrew Reisner, Nicholas J. Szerlip, and Lawrence S. Chin -- Pediatric brain tumors: conformal radiation therapy perspective / Thomas E. Merchant -- Pediatric brain tumors: chemotherapy perspective / Amar Gajjar. Pineal region tumors / Gregory P. Lekovic and Andrew G. Shetter -- Pineal region tumors: surgery perspective / Alfred T. Ogden and Jeffrey N. Bruce -- Pineal tumors: fractionated radiation therapy perspective / Steven E. Schild -- Pineal region tumors: chemotherapy perspective / Barry Meisenberg and Lavanya Yarlagadda -- Skull base tumors / Stefanie Milker-Zabel, Young Kwok, and Jürgen Debus -- Skull base tumors: surgery perspective / James K. Liu, Oren N. Gottfried, and William T. Couldwell -- Skull base tumors: fractionated stereotactic radiotherapy perspective / René-Olivier Mirimanoff and Alessia Pica -- Head and neck tumors / Daniel T.T. Chua, Jonathan Sham, Kwan-Ngai Hung, and Lucullus Leung -- Head and neck tumors: surgery perspective / Gregory Y. Chin and Uttam K. Sinha -- Head and neck malignancies: chemotherapy and radiation perspective / Mohan Suntharalingam, Kathleen Settle, and Kevin J. Cullen -- Spinal tumors / Robert L. Dodd, Iris Gibbs, John R. Adler Jr., and Steven D. Chang -- Spine tumors: surgery perspective / Gabriel Zada and Michael Y. Wang -- Spinal metastases: fractionated radiation therapy perspective / Eric L. Chang and Almon S. Shiu -- Arteriovenous malformation / Bruce E. Pollock -- Arteriovenous malformations: surgery perspective / Ricardo J. Komotar, Elena Vera J. Mocco, E. Sander Connolly Jr. -- Cerebral arteriovenous malformations: endovascular therapy perspective / Felipe C. Albuquerque, David Fiorella, and Cameron G. McDougall. Cavernous malformations and other vascular diseases / Ajay Niranjan ... [et al.] -- Cerebral cavernous malformations: surgical perspective / Robert L. Dodd and Gary K. Steinberg -- Cavernous malformations and other vascular abnormalities: observation-alone perspective / Sepideh Amin-Hanjani and Frederick G. Barker II -- Trigeminal neuralgia / Lawrence S. Chin, Shilpen Patel, Thoms Mattingly, and Young Kwok -- Trigeminal neuralgia: surgical perspective / David B. Cohen, Michael Y. Oh, and Peter J. Jannetta -- Trigeminal neuralgia: medical management perspective / Neil C. Porter -- Movement disorder / Sangjin Oh, Ajay Niranjan, and William J. Weiner -- Movement disorders: deep-brain stimulation perspective / John Y.K. Lee, Joshua M. Rosenow, and Ali R. Rezai -- Movement disorder: medical perspective / Sangjin Oh and William J. Weiner -- Psychiatric and pain disorders / Jason Sheehan, Nader Pouratian, Charles Sansur -- Intractable epilepsies / Jean Régis, Fabrice Bartolomei, and Patrick Chauvel -- Epilepsy: surgery perspective / Keith G. Davies and Edward Ahn -- Ocular and orbital lesions / Gabriela Šimonavá, Roman Lisčák, and Josef Novotný Jr. -- Stereotactic body radiation therapy / Laura A. Dawson -- Stereotactic body radiation therapy: fractionated radiation therapy perspective / Gordon W. Wong, Rafael R. Mañon, Wolfgang Tomé, and Minesh Mehta -- Stereotactic body radiation therapy: brachytherapy perspective / Caroline L. Holloway, Desmond O'Farrell, and Phillip M. Devlin. Part V. Patient care and socioeconomic issues -- Complications and management in radiosurgery / Isaac Yang, Penny K. Sneed, David A. Larson, and Michael W. McDermott -- Cost-effectiveness and quality of life / Minesh Mehta and May N. Tsao -- Regulatory and reimbursement aspects of radiosurgery / Rebecca Emerick -- Medicolegal issues in stereotactic radiosurgery / April Strang-Kutay -- The semantics of stereotactic radiation therapy / Louis Potters -- Building a radiosurgery program / N. Scott Litofsky and Andrea D'Agostino-Demers -- Patient care in stereotactic radiosurgery / Terri F. Biggins.
- 2012 ClinicalKeyGarden, O. James.Metabolic response to injury, fluid and electrolyte balance and shock -- Transfusion of blood components and plasma products -- Nutritional support in surgical patients -- Infections and antibiotics -- Ethics, preoperative considerations, anaesthesia and analgesia -- Trauma and multiple injury -- Practical procedures and patient investigation -- Postoperative care and complications -- Day surgery -- The abdominal wall and hernia -- The acute abdomen and intestinal obstruction -- The oesophagus, stomach and duodenum -- The liver and biliary tract -- The pancreas and spleen -- The small and large intestine -- The anorectum -- Plastic and reconstructive surgery -- The breast -- Endocrine surgery -- Vasucla and endovascular surgery -- Cardiothoracic surgey -- Neurosurgery -- Transplantation surgery -- Ear, nose and throat surgery -- Orthopaedic surgery.
- 2008 SpringerButler, C. E.; Fine, Neil A.Plastic surgery: a component in the comprehensive care of cancer patients -- The principles of cancer reconstruction -- Breast reconstruction: timing and coordination with adjuvant therapy -- Breast reconstruction: autogenous tissue -- Breast reconstruction: implant and nipple reconstruction -- Skin cancer and reconstruction -- Lip, cheek, and scalp reconstruction -- Reconstruction of mandible, maxilla, and skull base -- Pharynx, cervical esophagus, and oral cavity reconstruction -- Concepts in nasal reconstruction -- Extremity reconstruction -- Abdominal wall tumors and their reconstruction -- Reconstruction of the intra-abdominal pelvis and the perineum -- Management of chemotherapeutic agent extravasation and radiation therapy adverse effects.
- 2012 SpringerKarcz, W. Konrad; Thomusch, O.For physicians and surgeons entrusted with the care of patients with morbid obesity and related diseases; also for nurses and other professionals on the team. âPrinciples of Metabolic Surgeryâ delivers a succinct account of current knowledge and an excellent overview of modern treatment strategies for morbid obesity. Attractively designed, this user-friendly textbook provides the latest on therapy, monitoring, and management, including: -Completely up-to-date coverage of modern metabolic surgery -Current understanding of the pathophysiology of morbid obesity -Current clinical therapy strategies for conservative and surgical approaches -Recent references In concise, readable chapters, this well-illustrated textbook outlines major concerns and considerations surrounding metabolic surgery. With respect to new insights from basic and clinical research, clear guidelines and practical clinical advice are given to improve the outcome of treatment for morbid obesity.
- 2011 SpringerBaker, Shan R.
- 2014 SpringerDavis, Scott Francis; Kaye, Alan David.1. Introduction to the Operating Room -- 2. Anatomy of Intraoperative Monitoring -- 3. Cellular Neurophysiology -- 4. Electrophysiology and Bioinstrumentation -- 5. Anesthesiology and Intraoperative Electrophysiological Monitoring -- 6. Somatosensory Evoked Potential Monitoring -- 7. Motor Evoked Potentials -- 8. Electromyography (EMG) -- 9. Brainstem Auditory Evoked Potentials -- 10. Electroencephalography -- 11. The H-Reflex and F-Response -- 12. Monitoring Procedures of the Spine -- 13. Intraoperative Monitoring for Surgery of the Spinal Cord and Cauda Equina -- 14. Monitoring Posterior Fossa Craniotomies -- 15. Intraoperative Monitoring for Carotid Endarterectomy -- 16. Monitoring for ENT Procedures -- 17. Peripheral Nerve Monitoring -- 18. Intraoperative Cortical Mapping: Basic Concepts, Indications, and Anesthesia Considerations -- 19. Neurological Assessment and Correlation in Spinal Cord Nerve Root Pathology -- 20. Electrophysiological Assessment of Spinal Cord Pathology in Pain Medicine -- 21. Spinal Cord Stimulation: Principles and Applications -- 22. New Vistas: Small-Pain-Fibers Method of Testing for Spinal Cord Assessment in Pain States.
- 2010 SpringerGabriel, Edmo Atique; Salerno, Tomás A.Anatomy of the lungs -- Respiratory physiology -- Histological features of lungs -- Cellular and molecular aspects of lung function, its control and regulation -- Imaging evaluation of the thorax -- Endothelial protection during heart surgery and lung transplantation -- Vascular endothelial growth factor and pulmonary injury -- Aprotinin decreases lung reperfusion injury and dysfunction -- Effects of prostaglandin E1 and nitroglycerin on lung preservation -- Endothelin and ischemia-reperfusion injury -- L-arginine and ischemia-reperfusion injury -- The role of nitric oxide in pulmonary ischemia-reperfusion injury -- Activity of glutathione-related enzymes in ischemia and reperfusion injury -- Heart histopathology in ischemia-reperfusion injury -- Beating heart surgery and pulmonary ischemia and reperfusion injury -- Mechanisms of pulmonary edema -- Idiopathic pulmonary hypertension: new challenges -- Chronic thromboembolic pulmonary hypertension and pulmonary endarterectomy -- Eisenmenger syndrome -- Disseminated intravascular coagulation in cardiac surgery -- Pulmonary arterial hypertension -- The extracorporeal circulation circuit versus bioengineering biomaterials -- Ischemic preconditioning and lung preservation -- Impact of cardiopulmonary bypass on pulmonary hemodynamic variables -- Impact of cardiopulmonary bypass on gas exchange features -- Pulmonary energy metabolism and multiple inflammatory repercussions -- Benefits of ultrafiltration for pulmonary function -- Principles of pulmonary protections during heart surgery: benefits of hemofiltration for pulmonary function -- Determining hemodynamic parameters -- Extracorporeal circuit pathways for lung perfusion -- Hemodynamic performance -- Quality of gas exchange -- Inflammatory cell markers -- Cytokines and cellular adhesion molecules -- Macroscopical and microscopical findings -- Continuous or intermittent lung perfusion with arterial or venous blood -- Lung perfusion and mechanical ventilation -- Pulmonary hemodynamic profile and natriuretic peptides -- Low-frequency mechanical ventilation during cardiopulmonary bypass -- Inhaled carbon monoxide as an experimental therapeutic strategy of lung protection during cardiopulmonary bypass -- Lung perfusion and coronary artery bypass grafting -- Lung perfusion in clinical mitral valve surgery -- Lung perfusion in clinical aortic surgery -- Lung perfusion in clinical heart-lung surgery: congenital heart disease surgery -- Retrograde pulmonary perfusion for pulmonary thromboembolism -- Lung perfusion in clinical heart-lung transplantation -- Principles of pulmonary protection during heart surgery -- Lung perfusion: reflections and perspectives.
- 2010 AccessMedicine2010 AccessSurgeryAndersen, Dana K.; Brunicardi, F. Charles; Schwartz, Seymour I.Accreditation council for graduate medical education core competencies -- Systemic response injury and metabolic support -- Fluid and electrolyte management of the surgical patient -- Hemostasis, surgical bleeding, and transfusion -- Shock -- Surgical infections -- Trauma -- Burns -- Wound healing -- Oncology -- Transplantation -- Patient safety -- Physiologic monitoring of the surgical patient -- Minimally invasive surgery, robotics, and natural orifice transluminal endoscopic surgery -- Molecular and genomic surgery -- The skin and subcutaneous tissue -- The breast -- Disorders of the head and neck -- Chest wall, lung, mediastinum, and pleura -- Congenital heart disease -- Acquired heart disease -- Thoracic aneurysms and aortic dissection -- Arterial disease -- Venous and lymphatic disease -- Esophagus and diaphragmatic hernia -- Stomach -- The surgical management of obesity -- Small intestine -- Colon, rectum, and anus -- The appendix -- Liver -- Gallbladder and the extrahepatic biliary system -- Pancreas -- Spleen -- Abdominal wall, omentum, mesentery, and retroperitoneum -- Soft tissue sarcomas -- Inguinal hernias -- Thyroid, parathyroid, and adrenal -- Pediatric surgery -- Urology -- Gynecology -- Neurosurgery -- Orthopedic surgery -- Surgery of the hand and wrist -- Plastic and reconstructive surgery -- Surgical considerations in the elderly -- Anesthesia of the surgical patient -- Ethics, palliative care, and care at the end of life.
- 2008 ClinicalKeyFagien, Steven; Putterman, Allen M.Demonstrates a wealth of new procedures and provides fresh approaches from new leading authorities representing the various aesthetic specialties, including from plastic surgery, oculoplastic surgery, and dermatology, and new illustrations that help to update and enhance operative skills. A a new bonus DVD includes intraoperative videos that demonstrates how to perform a variety of key techniques, step by step.
- 2010 AccessSurgeryDoherty, Gerard M.A diagnostic index of over 100 symptoms and signs.
- 2011 SpringerRekhtman, Natasha; Bishop, Justin A.
- 2008 SpringerGiuliano, Armando E.; Mariani, Giuliano; Strauss, H. William.Part I. Chemistry and Physics -- Radiopharmaceuticals for Radioguided Surgery / Esteban Obenaus, Paola A. Erba, Marco Chinol, Christophe Van de Wiele and Gyozo A. Janoki, et al. -- Physical Performance Parameters of Intraoperative Probes / Carlo Chiesa, Francesca Toscano, Mario Mariani and Emilio Bombardieri -- Positron-Sensitive Probes / Schlomo Schneebaum, Richard Essner and Einat Even-Sapir -- Gamma Ray Imaging Probes for Radioguided Surgery and Site-Directed Biopsy / Francesco Scopinaro and Alessandro Soluri -- Radiation Protection in Radioguided Surgery / Edwin C. Glass and Wendy A. Waddington -- Training and Credentialing for Radioguided Surgery / Eric D. Whitman -- Part II. Sentinel Lymph Nodes -- The Anatomy and Physiology of Lymphatic Circulation / Preya Ananthakrishnan, Giuliano Mariani, Luciano Moresco and Armando E. Giuliano -- The Role of Lymph Node Staging for Clinical Decision Making in Patients with Solid Cancers / Fausto Badellino, Ilaria Pastina, Elisa Borsò, Sergio Ricci and H. William Strauss, et al. -- Sentinel Lymph Node Biopsy in Patients with Breast Cancer / Charles E. Cox, John M. Cox, Giuliano Mariani, Caren E.G. Wilkie and Laura B. White, et al. -- Sentinel Lymph Node Biopsy in Cutaneous Melanoma / Jeffrey E. Gershenwald, Roger F. Uren, Giuliano Mariani and John F. Thompson -- Dynamic Sentinel Lymph Node Biopsy in Penile Carcinoma / Simon Horenblas, Bin K. Kroon, Renato A. Valdés Olmos and Omgo E. Nieweg -- Sentinel Lymph Node Biopsy in Cancer of the Head and Neck / Luca Calabrese, David Soutar, Jochen Werner, Roberto Bruschini and Concetta De Cicco, et al. -- Sentinel Lymph Node Biopsy in Gynecologic Malignancies / Emilio Bombardieri, Marco Maccauro, Rosanna Fontanelli, Francesco Raspagliesi and Giovanni Paganelli -- Sentinel Lymph Node Biopsy in Cancers of the Gastrointestinal Tract / Yuko Kitagawa, Sukamal Saha and Masaki Kitajima -- Sentinel Lymph Node Biopsy in Prostatic Cancer / Alexander Winter, Harry Vogt, Dorothea Weckermann, Rolf Harzmann and Friedhelm Wawroschek -- Radioguided Biopsy of the Sentinel Lymph Node in Patients with Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer / Giuseppe Boni, Gianpiero Manca, Franca M. A. Melfi, Marco Lucchi and Alfredo Mussi, et al. -- Sentinel Lymph Node Biopsy in Thyroid Cancer / Massimo Salvatori, Domenico Rubello, Michael J. O'Doherty, Maria Rosa Pelizzo and Giuliano Mariani -- Histopathology of Sentinel Lymph Nodes / Giuseppe Viale, Giovanni Mazzarol and Eugenio Maiorano -- Frozen Section and Imprint Cytology in Sentinel Lymph Node Biopsy for Breast Cancer / Santo V. Nicosia and Charles E. Cox -- Molecular Assessment of Sentinel Lymph Nodes / Farin Amersi, Armando E. Giuliano and Dave S.B. Hoon -- Part III. Occult Lesion Localization -- Where It All Began: The Heritage of Radioimmunoguided Surgery / Fausto Badellino, Mario Roselli, Marzio Perri, Fiorella Guadagni and Giuliano Mariani -- Radioguided Occult Lesion Localization in the Breast / Giovanni Paganelli, Concetta De Cicco, Giovanna Gatti and Alberto Luini -- Minimally Invasive Radioguided Parathyroidectomy in Primary Hyperparathyroidism / James Norman, Domenico Rubello, Armando E. Giuliano and Giuliano Mariani -- Radioguided Surgery of Neuroendocrine Tumors / Richard P. Baum, Sergio Sandrucci and Stefan Adams -- Radioguided Surgery of Solitary Pulmonary Nodules / Giuseppe Boni, Franca M. A. Melfi, Gianpiero Manca, Marco Lucchi and Alfredo Mussi, et al. -- Radioguided Surgery of Occult Lesions in Patients with Thyroid Cancer / Domenico Rubello, Massimo Salvatori, Maria Rosa Pelizzo, Giuseppe Boni and Giuliano Mariani -- Radioguided Bone Lesion Localization / Gianpiero Manca, Giuliano Mariani and Lary A. Robinson.
- 2008 SpringerSala, E.
- 2012 SpringerBrittenden, John; Tolan, Damian J. M.Introduction to the Post Surgical Abdomen / Alan G. Chalmers, David Macafee, Damian J. M. Tolan and John Brittenden -- The Esophagus / Damian J. M. Tolan, Keith M. Harris, Deepak Prasad and Samir P. Mehta -- The Stomach and Duodenum / Damian J. M. Tolan, Keith M. Harris, Deepak Prasad and Samir P. Mehta -- The Pancreas / Krishna Menon, John Brittenden, Simon McPherson, Nikhil M. Bhuskute and Andrew Smith -- The Biliary Tree / Vamshi P. Jagadesham, Maria Sheridan, J. Peter A. Lodge and John Brittenden -- The Liver / J. Ashley Guthrie, Hajamohideen M. Salahudeen and J. Peter A. Lodge -- The Small Bowel / James C. Lenton, Adeshina S. Fawole, John Brittenden and Damian J. M. Tolan -- The Colon / Chris Macklin, John Brittenden, David Jayne and Damian J. M. Tolan -- Genitourinary System / Christopher Wilkinson.
- 2011 SpringerWolff, Klaus; Hölzle, F.Radial Forearm Flap -- Lateral Arm Flap -- Anterolateral Thigh / Vastus Lateralis Flap -- Latissimus Dorsi Flap -- Scapular Flap -- Fibular Flap -- Klaus-Dietrich Wolff and Frank Hölzle -- Iliac Crest Bone Flap -- Perforator Flaps -- Anterolateral Thigh Perforator Flap -- Soleus Perforator Flap -- Deep Inferior Epigastric Artery Perforator Flap.
- 2013Meikle, Murray C."The two world wars played an important role in the evolution of plastic and maxillofacial surgery in the first half of the 20th century. This book is about four of the key figures involved. Sir Harold Gillies and Sir Archibald McIndoe were born in Dunedin; McIndoe and Rainsford Mowlem studied medicine at the University of Otago Medical School, and Henry Pickerill was foundation Dean of the University of Otago Dental School. The author describes how these surgeons revolutionised plastic surgery and the treatment of facial trauma, working on soldiers, fighter pilots and civilians disfigured by bombs, shrapnel and burns. Eventually Gillies et al. were supported by a vast surgical enterprise that included surgeons, dentists, anaesthetists, artists and photographers, nurses and orderlies. The text is fully illustrated with photos, drawings and case notes by the surgeons and war artists at military hospitals at Boulogne-sur-Mer, Aldershot and Sidcup in the First World War, and civilian hospitals at East Grinstead, Basingstoke and Hill End in the Second. The book includes a DVD of Rainsford Mowlem performing a variety of plastic operations in 1945. This book is a must for anyone interested in the history of medicine and the treatment of casualties in the two world wars"--From publisher.
- 2010 ClinicalKeyMyerson, Mark.World-renowned surgeon Dr. Mark S. Myerson returns with a Second Edition of Reconstructive Foot and Ankle Surgery. This surgical technique reference delivers step-by-step guidance on the essential elements of complex foot and ankle surgery and is packed with full-color illustrations, pearls, and pitfalls. New chapters focus on the complications management of complications, aimed to help you select the right procedure for challenging conditions to ensure optimal outcomes. Learn from one of the very best - world-renowned surgeon Dr. Mark S. Myerson shares his innovative approaches to the reconstructive surgical techniques and complications management most frequently seen in practice. Quickly reference essential topics with a templated, focused format emphasizing procedures rather than basic science.
- 2015 SpringerRubayi, Salah.
- 2013 SpringerMadoff, Robert D.; Wexner, Steven D.; Zbar, Andrew P.Reconstructive Surgery of the Rectum, Anus and Perineum provides the reader with a didactic discussion of complex problems which require re-operative surgery; including details of preoperative investigation, postoperative follow-up and a detailed operative approach. This comprehensive and detailed text uses a formulated algorithm approach to these complicated cases using operative photographs and composite explanatory line drawings which complement 'how-to' guides in describing the operative technical tips and pitfalls from experienced commentators. Reconstructive Surgery of the Rectum, Anus and Perineum, is written by leading world experts in the field of colorectal surgery and is a valuable and timely resource for colorectal surgeons and colorectal trainees alike. In addition, general surgeons will be interested in the specialist nature of dealing with difficult colorectal complications dealt with in this unique textbook.
- 2005 SpringerDelaini, Gian Gaetano.
- 2007 SpringerFitzgibbons, Robert J.; Schumpelick, V.
- 2012 SpringerMachiraju, Venkat R.; Schaff, Hartzell V.; Svensson, Lars G.
- 2014 SpringerDapri, Giovanni; Mori, Toshiyuki.Reduced port laparoscopic surgery is a fast-developing topic for the laparoscopic surgeon, with the emergence of a number of new techniques as well as new instruments. Edited by surgeons who have pioneered the single-incision approach, this volume provides extensive information for the beginning surgeon, examining different operation techniques and covering the advantages and pitfalls of reduced port laparoscopic surgery. In addition, the text provides the foundation for new ideas to further develop skills for the advanced laparoscopic surgeon.
- 2014 SpringerLandoni, Giovanni; Ruggeri, Laura; Zangrillo, Alberto.This book describes the techniques, strategies, and drugs that have been demonstrated by well-documented randomized trials to influence survival in the perioperative setting. It takes into consideration all types of adult surgery and will be relevant to the evaluation of any patient undergoing an operative procedure. Each chapter focuses on a specific procedure, device, or drug. The scope is accordingly wide, with coverage of topics as diverse as chlorhexidine oral rinse, clonidine therapy, insulin infusion, intra-aortic balloon pump support, leukodepletion, neuraxial anesthesia, and noninvasive respiratory support, to name but a few. In addition, the risks and benefits of using a web-based consensus process (as in this book) to identify effective means of reducing perioperative mortality are discussed. The clear text is supported by "how to do" sections and "key points" boxes that provide easily accessible practical information. Written by acknowledged international experts, Reducing Mortality in the Perioperative Period will be of interest for a wide variety of specialists, including surgeons, cardiologists, anesthesiologists, and intensivists.
- 2012 ClinicalKeyPope, Jason E.; Ranson, Matthew T.Complications of Spinal Cord Stimulation -- Complications of Peripheral Nerve Stimulation : Open Technique, Percutaneous Technique, and Peripheral Nerve Field Stimulation -- Complications of Cranial Nerve Stimulation -- Avoidance, Recognition, and Treatment of Complications in Cranial Neuromodulation for Pain -- Complications of Intrathecal Drug Delivery Systems -- Complications of Therapeutic Minimally Invasive Intradiscal Procedures -- Complications Related to Radiofrequency Procedures for the Treatment of Chronic Pain -- Complications of Lumbar Spine Fusion Surgery -- Complications of Nucleus Replacement and Motion-Sparing Technologies -- Complications of Spinal Injections and Surgery for Disc Herniation -- Radiation Safety and Complications of Fluoroscopy, Ultrasonography, and Computed Tomography -- Complications Associated with Head and Neck Blocks, Upper Extremity Blocks, Lower Extremity Blocks, and Differential Diagnostic Blocks -- Complications of Epidural Injections -- Complications of Facet Joint Injections and Medial Branch Blocks -- Complications of Radiofrequency Rhizotomy for Facet Syndrome -- Complications of Sacroiliac Joint Injection and Lateral Branch Blocks, Including Water-Cooled Rhizotomy -- Complications of Percutaneous Vertebral Augmentation : Vertebroplasty and Kyphoplasty -- Complications of Intraarticular Joint Injections and Musculoskeletal Injections.
- 2008 SpringerCaniano, Donna A.; Teich, Steven.
- 2009 SpringerBillingham, Richard P.; Kobashi, Kathleen C.; Peters, William.
- 2015 SpringerLi, Tin-Chiu; Metwally, Mostafa.This evidence-based book examines the role of reproductive surgery in the current age of IVF and in modern medical practice. The authors provide a detailed insight into surgical techniques and where such practices stand relative to other fertility treatments such as assisted conception techniques. Reproductive Surgery in Assisted Conception is a useful reference book for current practicing reproductive surgeons as well as those training in the field. It is also invaluable to other fertility practitioners wishing to gain more insight into how and when surgical intervention may be used as either a standalone fertility treatment or to improve success rates of other fertility treatments.
- 2014 AccessSurgeryDaRosa, Debra A.; George, Brian C.; Harken, Alden H.; Klamen, Debra L."Resident Readiness: General Surgery prepares you for success during your surgical internship. Inside is a full range of scenarios you may experience during your residency, supported by comprehension questions with detailed answer explanations and tips to help you remember. You will also learn the clinical problem-solving process so you can think quickly on your feet, especially when time is critical. With the book's step-by-step guidance, you will gain the confidence you need to perform at your best on Day One of your residency"-- Provided by publisher.
- v.1-3, 2013 ClinicalKeyRyan, Stephen J.Unequalled in scope, depth, and clinical precision, Retina, 5th Edition keeps you at the forefront of today's new technologies, surgical approaches, and diagnostic and therapeutic options for retinal diseases and disorders. Comprehensively updated to reflect everything you need to know regarding retinal diagnosis, treatment, development, structure, function, and pathophysiology, this monumental ophthalmology reference work equips you with expert answers to virtually any question you may face in practice. Benefit from the extensive knowledge and experience of esteemed editor Dr. Stephen Ryan, five expert co-editors, and a truly global perspective from 358 other world authorities across Europe, Asia, Australasia the Americas.Examine and evaluate the newest diagnostic technologies and approaches that are changing the management of retinal disease, including future technologies which will soon become the standard.Put the very latest scientific and genetic discoveries, diagnostic imaging methods, drug therapies, treatment recommendations, and surgical techniques to work in your practice.
- 2011 SpringerJoseph, Jean V.; Patel, Hitendra R. H.Anatomical Aspects of the Extra- and Retroperitoneal Space / Ahmed E. Ghazi and Jean V. Joseph -- Essential Instruments in Laparoscopic and Robotic Surgery / Ty T. Higuchi and Matthew T. Gettman -- Upper Tract Retroperitoneal Access Techniques / Ahmed E. Ghazi and Jean V. Joseph -- Laparoscopic and Robotic Adrenalectomy / Edmund Y. Ko, Richard T. Schlinkert and Mitchell R. Humphreys -- Retroperitoneoscopic Simple and Radical Nephrectomy / Guillaume Ploussard, Andras Hoznek, Laurent Salomon, Claude C. Abbou and Alexandre de la Taille -- Laparoscopic and Robotic Partial Nephrectomy / Lori M. Dulabon and Michael D. Stifelman -- Retroperitoneal Robotic Partial Nephrectomy / James R. Porter -- Laparoscopic and Robotic Mid and Distal Ureteral Reconstructive Surgery / Alireza Moinzadeh -- Robot-Assisted Laparoscopic Nephroureterectomy / Sijo J. Parekattil, Hany N. Atalah and Li-Ming Su -- Laparoscopic Pelvic Lymphadenectomy in Prostate Cancer / Evangelos Liatsikos, Minh Do, Panagiotis Kallidonis, Iason Kyriazis and Alan McNeil, et al. -- Laparoscopic Simple Prostatectomy / Xavier Cathelineau, Rafael E. Sanchez-Salas, Eric Barret, Francois Rozet and Marc Galiano, et al. -- Extraperitoneal Laparoscopic Radical Prostatectomy / Sarah P. Psutka and Douglas M. Dahl -- Robot-Assisted Extraperitoneal Laparoscopic Prostatectomy / Thomas T. Hoang, Satya B. Allaparthi and Ingolf A. Tuerk -- Laparoendoscopic Single-Site Retroperitoneal Surgery / Michael A. White and Jihad H. Kaouk -- On the Horizon / Jean V. Joseph and Hitendra R. H. Patel.
- 2006 SpringerCathey, Lamont; Greene, Frederick L.; Mostafa, Gamal.
- 2014 SpringerMarx, Robert.Although anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) reconstruction has a high success rate, a substantial number of patients are left with unsatisfactory results. Revision ACL Reconstruction: Indications and Technique provides detailed strategies for planning and executing revision ACL reconstructions. Concise chapters by a leading group of international orthopedic surgeons cover the diagnosis of failed ACL reconstruction, patient evaluation, preoperative planning for revision ACL surgery, and complex technical considerations.
- 100 cases in surgery. Second edition [2nd ed.] — Contemporary oral and maxillofacial surgery. 6th ed. (178)
- Controversies in laparoscopic surgery — Medical management of the surgical patient. 3rd ed. (178)
- Medical management of the thoracic surgery patient — Revision ACL reconstruction : indications and technique (178)
- Rhinology and facial plastic surgery — Zollinger's Atlas of surgical operations : Robert M. Zollinger Jr., E. Christopher Ellison ; illustrations ... by Marita Bitans and Jennifer Smith.. 9th ed. (175)
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- AAP Red Book Online
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Sabiston Textbook of Surgery
- Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics
- Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics
- Mandell, Douglas, & Bennett's Principles & Practice of Infectious Diseases
- Red Book Online
- ICU Book
- Primary Care Medicine
- Campbell-Walsh Urology
Access restricted to Stanford community
Shortcut to Licensed Content
TO INSTALL, DRAG THIS BUTTON to your browser Bookmarks or Tools Bar.
Bookmark on Other Websites
- TO INSTALL, RIGHT CLICK this button.
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
- Once installed it will look like this
- Click "Bookmark on Lane" to bookmark any webpage
- Your saved bookmark will appear on this page
Can't find it?
Look if we have it in print
- Springer Protocols
- Lange Series
- National Academy Press
- NCBI Bookshelf
- Thieme Atlases
A repository of medical knowledge from internal medicine, cardiology, genetics, pharmacy, diagnosis and management, basic sciences, patient care, and more.
Continuously expanding, all databases in the repository contain the latest editions of selected medical titles.MicroMedex: Premier pharmaceutical information source containing multiple databases and drug reference tools. Of particular value is DRUGDEX Evaluations, one of the most comprehensive drug sources available.DynaMed is a clinical information resource used by physicians to answer clinical questions quickly and easily at the point of care. Topics are updated daily as new evidence becomes available.Scopus is the largest abstract and citation database of peer-reviewed literature: scientific journals, books and conference proceedings.A drug information resource containing: American Hospital Formulary System (AHFS), drug formulary for Lucile Packard Children's Hospital (LPCH) and Stanford Hospital & Clinics (SHC), Lexi-Drugs (adverse reactions, dosage and administration, mechanism of action, storage, use, and administration information), Lexi-Calc, Lexi-ID, Lexi-I.V. Compatibility (King Guide), Lexi-Interact, and Lexi-PALS.Cumulative Index to Nursing and Allied Health Literature (CINAHL) contains coverage of nursing and allied health literature.A knowledge database that provides access to topic reviews based on over 6000 clinically relevant articles. The evidence-based content, updated regularly, provides the latest practice guidelines in 59 medical specialtiesProvides critical assessments of systematic reviews compiled from a variety of medical journals.Selects from the biomedical literature original studies and systematic reviews that are immediately clinically relevant and then summarizes these articles in an enhanced abstract with expert commentary.
Multidisciplinary coverage of over 10,000 high-impact journals in the sciences, social sciences, and arts and humanities, as well as international proceedings coverage for over 120,000 conferences.
Includes cited reference searching, citation maps, and an analyze tool.
Features systematic reviews that summarize the effects of interventions and makes a determination whether the intervention is efficacious or not.
Cochrane reviews are created through a strict process of compiling and analyzing data from multiple randomized control trials to ensure comprehensiveness and reliability.Provides systematic coverage of the psychological literature from the 1800s to the present through articles, book chapters and dissertations.BMJ Clinical Evidence. A clinical information tool built around systematic reviews summarizing the current state of knowledge about prevention and treatment of clinical conditions.PIER (Physicians' Information and Education Resource) is a Web-based decision-support tool designed for rapid point-of-care delivery of up-to-date, evidence-based guidance for primary care physicians.Cochrane Central Register of Controlled Trials (CENTRAL) provides access to 300,000 controlled trials that have been identified the Cochrane Collaboration.Provides drug information targeted for patients.A continually updating drug monograph.The National Guideline Clearinghouse (NGC): A comprehensive database of evidence-based clinical practice guidelines and related documents.MedlinePlus: A repository of health information from the National Library of Medicine. Links are from trusted sites. No advertising, no endorsement of commercial companies or productsLPCH CareNotes via MicroMedex: Patient education handouts customized by LPCH clinical staffMicromedex Lab Advisor: Evidence based laboratory test informationA drug database organized by generic name, trade name and drug class.LPCH / Stanford Hospital Formulary.A goldmine of trusted consumer health information from the world's largest medical library.A trusted source of expert advice for and about kids, providing the information necessary to help patients and parents understand their unique needs.Provides patient handouts from the American Academy of Family Physician.Access to the Stanford Health Library for patients.Lane provides access to over 5,000 eBooks many of which provide helpful background material that will prepare you to better tackle primary literature.
Largest, broadest eBook package; covers all sciences, as well as technology (including software), medicine, and humanities.
In addition to covering Wiley and Springer, MyiLibrary is also the only provider for Oxford and Cambridge University Press titles. No seat restrictions.A collection of biomedical books that can be searched directly by concept, and linked to terms in PubMed abstracts.
A web-based, decision support system for infectious diseases, epidemiology, microbiology and antimicrobial chemotherapy. The database, updated weekly, currently includes 337 diseases, 224 countries, 1,147 microbial taxa and 306 antibacterial (-fungal, -parasitic, -viral) agents and vaccines.
Over 10,000 notes outline the status of specific infections within each country.
Provides online, full-text access to Springer's journal titles as well as journals from other publishers.
Subjects include: life sciences, chemical sciences, environmental sciences, geosciences, computer science, mathematics, medicine, physics and astronomy, engineering and economics. Also includes eBooks.Collection of over 8 thousand fulltext titles in engineering, math, and basic and applied biomedical research. Coverage is from 1967 to the present.A library of ebooks on a wide array of topics, digitized and made available online in conjunction with the original publishers.