Books by Subject
- 100 cases in surgery. Second edition [2nd ed.] — Emerging technologies in surgery (105)
- Endobronchial ultrasound — Minimally invasive spine surgery. 2nd [completely rev. and expanded] ed. (105)
- Minimally invasive surgery for achilles tendon disorders in clinical practice — SAGES manual (105)
- SAGES manual of hernia repair — Zollinger's Atlas of surgical operations. 9th ed. (104)
- Endobronchial ultrasound 2009, Springer
- Endocrine surgery 2009, Springer
- Endocrine surgery 2004, CRCnetBASE
- Endoscopic anatomy of the third ventricle 2006, Springer
- Endoscopic extraperitoneal radical prostatectomy 2007, Springer
- Endoscopic follow-up of digestive anastomosis 2014, Springer
- Endoscopic oncology 2006, SpringerBarrett's esophagus : screening, diagnosis, and management / Glenn M. Eisen -- Endoscopic screening for squamous cell carcinoma of the esophagus / Brian C. Jacobson -- Image enhancement endoscopy / Stephan M. Wildi and Michael B. Wallace -- Staging of esophageal cancer / Jason Vollweiler and Gregory Zuccaro, Jr. -- Endoscopic therapy for early esophageal cancer and premalignant lesions in Barrett's esophagus / Granapathy A. Prasad and Kenneth K. Wang -- Endoscopic therapy for advanced esophageal cancer / Sanjay Jagannath and Marcia I. Canto -- Radiological imaging of the upper gastrointestinal tract / Marc S. Levine -- Esophageal cancer therapy : surgery, radiation, and chemotherapy / John M. Holland and Christopher A. Canning -- Premalignant lesions of the stomach / Omid A. Shaye and Andrew Ippoliti -- Gastric polyps / George A. Makar and Gregory G. Ginsberg -- Endoscopic ultrasound for staging gastric cancer / Gregory Olds and Amitabh Chak -- Endoscopic treatment for gastric cancer / Takuji Gotoda and Roy M. Soetikno -- Diagnosis and management of gastrointestinal lymphoma / John G. Kuldau, Peter R. Holman, and Thomas J. Savides -- Gastrointestinal stromal tumors / Raquel E. Davila -- Carcinoid tumors / Wilscott E. Naugler and Gordon C. Hunt -- Medical and surgical therapy for gastric cancer / Diane Hershock -- Colorectal cancer screening / Jason A. Dominitz and William M. Grady --Polyposis and familial cancer syndromes / Fernando S. Velayos, Madhulika G. Varma, and Jonathan P. Terdiman -- Endoscopic colon surveillance : post-polypectomy, post-colorectal cancer resection, and inflammatory bowel disease / Douglas B. Nelson and Mandeep S. Sawhney -- Endoscopic ultrasound for staging rectal and anal cancer / Deepak V. Gopal -- Endoscopic therapy of colorectal carcinoma / Vaman Jakribettuu and Yang K. Chen -- Radiological imaging of the lower gastrointestinal tract / Steven E. Rubesin -- Current status of colorectal cancer therapy / John Strother ... [et al.] -- Cystic neoplasms of the pancreas / William R. Brugge -- Diagnosis and evaluation of pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma / Kenneth H. Yu and Nuzhat A. Ahmad -- Adenocarcinoma of the pancreas : endoscopic palliation / Georgios I. Papachristou, Kevin McGrath, and Adam Slivka -- Pancreatic neuroendocrine tumors / Erik-Jan Wamsteker and James M. Scheiman -- Endoscopic diagnosis and management of cholangiocarcinoma / Vanessa M. Shami and Irving Waxman -- Ampullary neoplasia / Ian D. Norton -- Magnetic resonance imaging of neoplasms of the pancreatobiliary system / Evan S. Siegelman and Wendy C. Hsu -- Medical and surgical therapy of pancreatic cancer / Weijing Sun, Jon Morris, and Jeffrey Drebin -- Endoscopic ultrasound for thoracic disease / Timothy Woodward, Massimo Raimondo, and Michael B. Wallace.
- Endoscopic surgery in infants and children 2008, Springer
- Endoscopic surgery of the potential anatomical spaces 2005, Springer
- Endourological management of urogenital carcinoma 2006, Springer
- Endovascular aneurysm repair 2005, Springer
- Essential urologic laparoscopy. 2nd ed. 2010, SpringerGetting started in laparascopy -- Laparoscopic instrumentation -- Laparoscopic access -- Laparoscopic and robotic pelvic lymphadenectomy -- Laparoscopic renal cyst decorticadtion -- Laparoscopic simple nephrectomy -- Laparoscopic readical nephrectomy: transperitoneal approach -- Laparoscopic radical nephrectomy -- Laparoscopic partial nephrectomy -- Laparoscopic nephroureterectomy -- Laparoscopic live donor nephrectomy -- Laparoscopic and robotic pyeloplasty -- Laparoscopic adrenalectomy -- Laparoscopic retroperitoneal lymph node dissection for nonseminomatous germ cell tumors -- Laparoscopic cystectomy and urinary diversion -- Laparoscopic radical cystectomy and urinary diversion with handport assistance -- Laparoscopic and robotic-assisted laparoscopic radical prostatectomy -- Complications of laparoscopic urologic surgery -- Laparoscopic renal ablation.
- Essentials in elbow surgery 2014, Springer
- ESSKA instructional course lecture book 2014, SpringerThis book provides an update on a wide variety of hot topics in the field of knee surgery, sports trauma, and arthroscopy, covering the latest developments in basic science and clinical and surgical methods. It comprises the Instructional Course Lectures delivered at the 16th ESSKA Congress, which was held in Amsterdam during May 2014 and brought together the worlds leading orthopaedic and sports physicians. The contributions are all written by European and international experts in their field. Each lecture has a practical focus and provides an up-to-date synthesis of core knowledge on the subject in question with the aid of high-quality illustrations. Take home messages and key recommendations are highlighted. This book will be of value to practitioners and researchers alike.
- European surgical orthopaedics and traumatology 2014, Springer"This important reference textbook covers the surgical management of all major orthopaedic and traumatological conditions. The book will act as the major source of education and guidance in surgical practice for surgeons and trainees, especially those preparing for higher surgical examinations and the Board of Orthopaedics and Traumatology examinations within and beyond Europe. The emphasis throughout is on the application of current knowledge and research to technical problems, how to avoid operative problems, and how to salvage complications if they occur. The didactic text is complemented by abundant illustrations that highlight the essentials of each clinical scenario. The authors are all recognized international authorities active at congresses and workshops as well as in universities and hospitals across the world."--Publisher's website.
- Fischer's Mastery of surgery. 6th ed. 2012, Ovid"The scope of Fischer's Mastery of Surgery, Sixth Edition, is consistent with the broad training of a general surgeon, providing extensive coverage of vascular surgery as well as of common thoracic, breast, esophageal, endocrine, colorectal, gastric, pancreatic, liver, and biliary procedures. Each procedural chapter reviews the essentials of diagnosis, anatomy, and pre-operative planning, but focuses most heavily on step-by-step depictions and descriptions of procedures. Each chapter concludes, as is traditional for this classic text, with an editorial commentary which strives to put the chapter in a broad context and provide helpful critiques of the most recent literature. The sixth edition will include a dozen new chapters, including endovascular treatment of varicose veins, fasciotomy, and thoracic aortic transaction. The vascular section has been completely reorganized and will incorporate both open and endovascular procedures. For the first time, the sixth edition is in full color."--Provided by publisher.
- Forefoot reconstruction. 2nd ed. 2005, Springer
- Front line extremity and orthopaedic surgery 2014, SpringerThis book is designed as an easy to read reference and practical guide to the management of combat extremity injuries, which account for a high percentage of the injuries sustained in recent and current conflicts. The surgical techniques appropriate to the full range of extremity injuries and some other frequent injuries, such as trauma to the spine and pelvis, are clearly described with the aid of helpful illustrations. In each chapter a bottom line up front approach is adopted, providing key messages first; a further important feature is the emphasis placed on case-based information and lessons learned from practice. Care has been taken to ensure that the advice provided is straightforward and in line with military clinical practice guidelines.
- Front line surgery 2011, Springer
- Fundamentals of pediatric surgery 2011, Springer
- Fundamentals of surgical simulation 2012, Springer
- A brief history of arteriovenous malformation radiosurgery / A. Niranjan, L.D. Lunsford -- Natural history of cerebral arteriovenous malformations and the risk of hemorrhage after radiosurgery / C.-P. Yen, D. Schlesinger, J.P. Sheehan -- The technical evolution of gamma knife radiosurgery for arteriovenous malformations / L.D. Lunsford ... [et al.] -- Targeting and conformality in arteriovenous malformation radiosurgery / I. Paddick, E. Motti -- Dose selection in stereotactic radiosurgery / J.C. Flickinger ... [et al.] -- Development and testing of a radiosurgery-based arteriovenous malformation grading system B.E. Pollock -- Radiosurgery for brainstem arteriovenous malformation / K. Maruyama ... [et al.] -- Multistaged volumetric management of large arteriovenous malformations / H. Kano -- Endovascular embolization in combination with radiosurgery for treatment of arteriovenous malformations / R.A. Miller, B. Jankowitz -- Stereotactic radiosurgery after embolization for arteriovenous malformations / H. Kano -- Long-term side effects of radiosurgery for arteriovenous malformations / M. Yamamoto, T. Kawabe, B.E. Barfod -- Management of adverse radiatio effects after radiosurgery for arteriovenous malformations / E.A. Monaco -- Morphological observations in brain arteriovenous malformations after gamma knife radiosurgery / G.T. Szeifert -- Stereotactic radiosurgery guideline for the management of patients with intracranial arteriovenous malformations / A. Niranjan, L.D. Lunsford -- Cavernous malformations and hemorrhage risk / D. Kondziolka, E.A. Monaco, III, L.D. Lunsford -- Radiosurgery of brain cavernomas : long-term results / R. Liscak -- Radiosurgical treatment for epilepsy associated with cavernomas / M. Lévêque -- Stereotactic radiosurgery guidelines for the management of patients with intracranial cavernous malformations / A. Niranjan, L.D. Lunsford -- Intracranial dural arteriovenous fistulas : natural history and rationale for treatment with stereotactic radiosurgery / D.H.-C. Pan ... [et al.] -- Stereotactic radiosurgery with or without embolization for intracranial dural arteriovenous fistulas / H. Yang -- Dural arteriovenous fistulas and the role of gamma knife stereotactic radiosurgery : the Stockholm experience / M. Söderman, E. Dodoo, B. Karlsson -- Stereotactic radiosurgery guidelines for the management of patients with intracranial dural arteriovenous fistulas / A. Niranjan, L.D. Lunsford.
- Gender and recovery from coronary artery bypass surgery 2009, Springer
- General surgery risk reduction 2014, SpringerWritten by internationally acclaimed specialists, General Surgery Risk Reduction expands on complications associated with surgery and how to reduce them, the availability of relevant information and the rapid advancements of surgical technology. Chapters provide pertinent and concise procedure descriptions creating a book that is both comprehensive and accessible. Stages of operative approaches with relevant technical considerations are outlined in an easily understandable manner. Complications are reviewed when appropriate for the organ system and problem. The text is illustrated throughout by line drawings and photographs that depict anatomic or technical principles. Forming part of the series, Surgery: Complications, Risks and Consequences, this volume General Surgery Risk Reduction provides a valuable resource for all general surgeons and residents in training. Other healthcare providers will also find this a useful resource.
- General thoracic surgery. 6th ed. 2005, Ovid
- General thoracic surgery. 7th ed. 2009, OvidAnatomy of the chest thorax -- Embryology of the lungs -- Ultrastructure and morphometry of the human lung -- Cellular and molecular biology of the lung -- Surgical anatomy of the lungs -- Lymphatics of the lungs -- Pulmonary gas exchange -- Mechanics of breathing -- Radiographic evaluation of the lungs and chest -- Computed tomography of the lungs, pleura, and chest wall -- Magnetic resonance imaging of the thorax -- Positron emission tomography in chest diseases -- Radionuclide studies of the lung -- Ultrasound techniques in mediastinal, lung, and esophageal disease -- Laboratory investigations in the diagnosis of pulmonary diseases -- Diagnostic studies in lung cancer -- Bronchoscopic evaluation of the lungs and tracheobronchial tree -- Invasive diagnostic procedures -- Video-assisted thoracic surgery as a diagnostic tool -- Pulmonary physiologic assessment of operative risk -- Preoperative cardiac evaluation of the thoracic surgical patient -- Conduct of anesthesia -- The shared airway: management of the paitent with airway pathology -- Anesthesia for pediatric general thoracic surgery -- Thoracic incisions -- General features of pulmonary resections -- Thoracic surgery in the elderly -- Technical aspects of lobectomy -- Sleeve lobectomy -- Pneumonectomy and its modifications -- Tracheal sleeve pneumonectomy -- Segmentectomy and lesser pulmonary resections -- Instruments and techniques of video-assisted thoracic surgery -- Robotic-assisted surgery in thoracic diseases -- Video-assisted thoracic surgery for wedge resection, lobectomy, and pneumonectomy -- Median sternotomy and parasternal approaches to the lower trachea and mainstem bronchi -- Concomitant cardiac and pulmonary operations -- Anterior approach to superior sulcus lesions -- Complications of pulmonary resection -- Management of perioperative cardiac events -- General principles of postoperative care -- Mechanical ventilation of the surgical patient -- Chest wall deformities -- Lung hernias of the chest wall -- Infections of the chest wall -- Thoracic outlet syndrome (with transaxillary, supraclavicular, posterior, and VATS approaches) -- Thoracoscopic sympathectomy -- Anterior transthoracic approaches to the spine -- Chest wall tumors -- Chest wall reconstruction --Embryology and anatomy of the diaphragm -- Pacing of the diaphragm -- Congenital posterolateral diaphragmatic hernias and other less common hernias of the diaphragm in infants and children -- Foramen of morgagni hernia -- Tumors of the diaphragm -- Anatomy of the pleura -- Resorption of gases from the pleural space -- Pneumothorax -- Physiology of pleural fluid production -- Benign pleural effusion -- Parapneumonic empyema -- Postsurgical empyema -- Tuberculous and fungal infections of the pleura -- Fibrothorax and decortication of the lung -- Thoracoplasty: indications and surgical considerations -- Anatomy of the thoracic duct and chylothorax -- Localized fibrous tumors of the pleura -- Diffuse malignant mesothelioma -- Technique of extrapleural pneumonectomy for diffuse malignant pleural mesothelioma -- Uncommon tumors of the pleura -- Malignant pleural effusions -- Malignant pericardial effusions -- Blunt and penetrating injuries of the chest wall, pleura, and lungs -- Barotrauma and inhalation injuries -- Acute respiratory distress syndrome -- Management of foreign bodies of the airway -- Diaphragmatic injuries -- Tracheostomy -- Surgical anatomy of the trachea and techniques of resection and reconstruction -- Management of nonneoplastic diseases of the trachea -- Benign and malignant tumors of the trachea -- Compression of the trachea by vascular rings -- Congenital lesions of the lung -- Pulmonary complications of cystic fibrosis -- Congenital vascular lesions of the lungs -- Chronic pulmonary emboli -- Bullous and bleb diseases of the lung -- Lung volume reduction -- Bacterial infections of the lungs and bronchial compressive disorders -- Pulmonary tuberculosis and other mycobacterial diseases of the lung -- Surgery for the management of mycobacterium tuberculosis and nontuberculous mycobacterial (environmental) infections of the lung -- Mycotic and actinomycetic infections of the lung -- Pleuropulmonary amebiasis -- Hydatied disease of the lung -- Pulmonary paragonimiasis and its surgical complications -- Solitary pulmonary nodule -- Diffuse lung disease -- Lung transplantation -- Evidence-based thoracic surgery -- Clinical trial design --Lung cancer: epidemiology and carcinogenesis -- Screening for lung cancer: challenges for thoracic surgery -- Investigation and management of the nodules less than one centimeter in size -- Pathology of carcinoma of the lung -- The sentinel lymph node in non-small-cell carcinoma of the lung -- Present concepts in the molecular biology of lung cancer -- Clinical presentation of lung cancer -- Radiologic evaluation of lung cancer -- Diagnosis and staging of lung cancer -- Surgical treatment of non-small-cell lung cancer -- Lymph node dissection for lung cancer -- Unknown primary malignancy metastatic to thoracic lymph nodes -- Endoluminal management of malignant airway disease -- Basic principles of radiation therapy in locally advanced carcinoma of the lung -- Radiation therapy for carcinoma of the lung -- Adjuvant chemotherapy for non-small-cell lung cancer -- Neoadjuvant therapy for non-small-cell lung cancer -- Novel systemic therapy for advanced non-small-cell lung cancer -- Emerging technologies and techniques for the management of non-small-cell lung cancer -- Small-cell lung cancer -- Novel strategies for lung cancer immunotherapy -- Carcinoid tumors -- Adenoid cystic carcinoma and other primary salivary gland-type tumors of the lung -- Benign tumors of the lung -- Uncommon primary malignant tumors of the lung -- Secondary tumors of the lung -- Lung tumors in the immunocompromised host -- Embryology of the esophagus -- Anatomy of the esophagus -- Lymphatic drainage of the esophagus -- Physiology and physiologic studies of the esophagus -- Esophageal pH studies in esophageal disease -- Radiologic evaluation of the esophagus -- Endoscopy of the esophagus -- Modified heller myotomy -- Transthoracic resection of the esophagus -- Extended resection for esophageal carcinoma -- Transhiatal esophagectomy without thoracotomy -- Vagal-sparing esophagectomy -- Video-assisted esophageal resection -- Replacement of the esophagus with colon -- Replacement of the esophagus with jejunum -- Free intestinal transfer techniques in reconstruction of the esophagus -- Esophageal stents -- Foreign bodies in the esophagus -- Esophageal trauma -- Congenital anomalies of the esophagus -- Inflammatory diseases of the esophagus -- Esophageal motility disorders -- Chagas' disease of the esophagus --Surgical therapy for gastroesophageal reflux disease -- Barrett's esophagus -- Esophageal endoscopic procedures in thoracic surgery -- Cardial incompetence and associated gastroesophageal reflux -- Paraesophageal hiatal hernia -- Esophageal diverticula -- Benign tumors, cysts, and duplications of the esophagus -- Carcinoma of the esophagus -- Appendix: 2009 AJCC/UICC staging of esophageal cancer -- Multimodality therapy for esophageal cancer -- Surgical palliation of inoperable carcinoma of the esophagus -- Less common malignant tumors of the esophagus -- The mediastinum, its compartments, and the mediastinal lymph nodes -- The thymus -- Mediastinal parathyroids -- Neurogenic structures of the mediastinum -- Radiographic, computed tomographic, and magnetic resonance investigation of the mediastinum -- Radionuclide studies of the mediastinum -- Mediastinal tumor markers -- Transcervical mediastinal lymph node sampling and lymphadenectomy -- Sternotomy and thoracotomy for mediastinal disease -- Video-assisted thoracic surgery for diseases within the mediastinum -- Primary pneumomediastinum -- Acute and chronic mediastinal infections -- Primary mediastinal tumors and cysts and diagnostic investigation of mediastinal masses -- Lesions masquerading as primary mediastinal tumors or cysts -- Vascular masses of the mediastinum -- Superior vena cava syndrome: clinical features, diagnosis, and treatment -- Vein grafts for the superior vena cava -- The use of prosthetic grafts to replace the superior vena cava -- Myasthenia gravis -- Pathophysiology of myasthenia gravis -- Standard thymectomy -- Transcervical thymectomy -- Video-assisted thymectomy -- Extended transsternal thymectomy -- Transcervical-transsternal maximal thymectomy for myasthenia gravis -- Evaluation of results of thymectomy for nonthymomatous myasthenia gravis -- Thymic tumors -- Benign lymph node disease involving the mediastinum -- Biological markers and pathology of mediastinal lymphomas -- Diagnosis and treatment of mediastinal lymphomas -- Benign germ cell tumors of the mediastinum -- Primary seminomas of the mediastinum -- Nonseminomatous malignant germ cell tumors of the mediastinum -- Poorly differentiated carcinoma of the mediastinum -- Benign and malignant neurogenic tumors of the mediastinum in children and adults -- Excision of hourglass tumors of the paravertebral sulcus -- Mediastinal paragangliomas and pheochromocytomas -- Mesenchymal tumors of the mediastinum -- Mediastinal parathyroid tumors -- Foregut cysts of the mediastinum in infants and children -- Foregut cysts of the mediastinum -- Gastroenteric cysts and neuroenteric cysts in infants and children -- Mesothelial and other less common cysts of the mediastinum.
- Genetics for surgeons 2005, NCBI Bookshelf
- Genital cutting 2013, SpringerTortured Bodies, Tortured Doctrines: Informed Consent as a Legal Fiction Inapplicable to Neonatal Male Circumcision -- Routine Infant Circumcision: Vital Issues that the Circumcision Proponents may be Overlooking -- The Smart Penis -- The Harm of Circumcision -- Evolution of Circumcision Methods: Not "Just a Snip" -- Penile Wounding: Complications of Routine Male Circumcision in a Typical American Family Practice -- Male Circumcision and the Potential for Unexplained Male Adolescent Suicide in Northern Ireland -- Healing the Harms of Circumcision: A Nursing Case Study -- Ten Years of Training: Family Medicine Residents as Conscientious Objectors to Circumcision -- Intersex Surgeries, Circumcision, and the Making of "Normal" -- Intersex Genital Autonomy: A Rights-Based Framework for Medical Intervention with Intersex Infants -- The SAR/ROHAN (The Possession): A Response of Somali Women to Pharaonic Circumcision/Infibulation (PhC) -- Genital Stretching Among the Venda Ethnic Group (South Africa) -- Male Circumcision Among the Venda of Limpopo (South Africa) -- Critique of African RCTs into Male Circumcision and HIV Sexual Transmission -- Randomized Controlled Trials for HIV/AIDS Prevention Among Men in Africa: Untraced Infections, Unasked Questions, and Unreported Data -- Dangerous Myths and Tragic Misconceptions: Fighting HIV and AIDS Cases in Africa with Male Circumcision Strategies -- Defying the Enlightenment: Jewish Ethnicity and Ethnic Circumcision -- Circumcision: Gender and Power -- Reclaiming Circumcision: Armenian Stories -- Self-Made Intactivism in the Middle East -- Genital Autonomy: A New Approach.
- Geriatric Trauma and Critical Care 2014, Springer
- Glissonean pedicle transection method for hepatic resection 2007, Springer
- Globesity challenge to general surgery 2014, SpringerThe increasing prevalence of morbid obesity has led the World Health Organization to coin the descriptive term "globesity" to reflect the worldwide nature of the problem. Providing health care to these patients, especially when surgery is required, can be extremely challenging owing to the specific needs in respect of logistics, facilities, and professional expertise. Appropriate care has too often been unachievable and unaffordable outside of established bariatric centers, but such centers themselves usually have insufficient capacity and resources to cope with growing demand. This book aims to provide guidance and helpful tips and tricks on how to deal with obese patients within a general surgery setting. Epidemiology, organizational and logistical aspects, nursing issues, patient assessment, anesthesiology, and surgical practicalities are expertly covered in the opening chapters. Techniques of relevance to the general surgeon are described according to anatomic region, covering the head and neck; cardiothoracic and vascular system; upper and lower GI tract; pancreas, liver and adrenal glands; urinary tract and kidneys; the reproductive system; and the abdominal wall. Results achieved by bariatric surgery worldwide are reviewed, and the book closes with a chapter devoted to plastic and reconstructive surgery. The Globesity Challenge to General Surgery highlights a need for global rethinking on public health as regards resource allocation and patterns and standards of care, improving outcomes through greater affordability.
- Pt. 1: Principles, techniques, and basic science -- Pt. 2: Skin and soft tissue -- Pt. 3: Congenital anomalies and pediatric plastic surgery -- Pt. 4: Head and neck -- Pt. 5: Aesthetic surgery -- Pt. 6: Breast -- Pt. 7: Body contouring -- Pt. 8: Hand -- Pt. 9: Trunk and lower extremity.
- Grabb's Encyclopedia of flaps. 3rd ed. 2009, Ovidv. 1. Head and neck -- v. 2. Upper extremities -- v. 3. Torso, pelvis, and lower extremities.
- Print Material
- Greenfield's Surgery. 5th ed. 2011, Ovid"The Fifth Edition of Greenfield's Surgery has been thoroughly revised, updated, and refocused to conform to changes in surgical education and practice. Reflecting the increasingly clinical emphasis of residency programs, this edition features expanded coverage of clinical material and increased use of clinical algorithms. Key Points open each chapter, and icons in the text indicate where Key Points are fully discussed. Many of the black-and-white images from the previous edition have been replaced by full-color images"--Provided by publisher.
- Guide to peripheral and cerebrovascular intervention 2004, NCBI Bookshelf
- Haemostasis in spine surgery 2005, Springer
- Hair restoration surgery in Asians 2010, Springer
- Part 1.Burn injuries and their psychosocial and long time consequences --Acute stress disorder and post traumatic stress disorder in individuals suffering from burn injury /Sherri Sharp and Walter J. Meyer III --Long term consequences of burn injuries /Shelley Wiechman --Part 2.Burn wound healing, documentation, scar management and rehabilitation --Skin architecture and function /Adelheid Elbe-Bürger --Burn wound healing: Pathophysiology /Luc Teot, Sami Otman, Antonio Brancati and Rainer Mittermayr --Burn scar treatment /Luc Teot, Sami Otman, Antonio Brancati and Rainer Mittermayr --Scar assessment /Pauline D. H. M. Verhaegen, Martijn B. A. van der Wal, Esther Middelkoop and Paul P. M. van Zuijlen --The future of wound documentation: Three-dimensional, evidence-based, intuitive and thorough /Michael Giretzlehner, Lars-Peter Kamolz, Johannes Dirnberger and Robert Owen --Evaluation of mimic function in patients with facial burns by use of the three-dimensional video-analysis /Maria Michaelidou and Manfred Frey --Rehabilitation and scar management /Lars-Peter Kamolz and Marc G. Jeschke --Exercise /Karen J. Kowalske, Serina J. McEntire and Oscar E. Suman --Part 3.Burn reconstruction (Principles and techniques) --Principles of burn reconstruction /Lars-Peter Kamolz and David B. Lumenta --Tissue expanders in burn surgery /Norbert Pallua and Erhan Demir --Burn reconstruction: Skin substitutes and tissue engineering /Raymund E. Horch and Volker J. Schmidt --Twelve year follow-up: A clinical study on dermal regeneration /Monica C. T. Bloemen, Paul P. M. van Zuijlen and Esther Middelkoop --Generation of adipose tissue based on tissue engineering: An overview /Maike Keck, David B. Lumenta and Lars-Peter Kamolz --Part 4.Burn reconstruction (Specific regions) --Burn reconstruction: Neck region /Norbert Pallua and Erhan Demir --Burn reconstruction: Eye region /Andreas Heckmann and Peter M. Vogt --Reconstruction of the post burn ear /Andrew Burd --Reconstruction of the perioral region after facial burns /Timo Alexander Spanholtz and Riccardo E. Giunta --Nasal reconstruction /Lars-Peter Kamolz, Maike Keck, Harald Selig and David B. Lumenta --Reconstruction/Correction of burn alopecia /Lars-Peter Kamolz, Maike Keck, Harald Selig and David B. Lumenta --Burn reconstruction: Breast /Eva Koellensperger and Guenter Germann --Reconstruction of burn deformities of the lower extremity /Christian Ottomann and Bernd Hartmann --Thermal injuries to the foot /Thilo Schenck and Riccardo E. Giunta --Burn reconstruction: Hand and upper extremity /Hugo Benito Kitzinger, Birgit Karle and Manfred Frey --Part 5.Burn reconstruction (Future perspectives) --Burn reconstruction -- Future perspectives: Facial transplantation /Maria Siemionow and Fatih Zor --Modern myoprostheses in electric burn injuries of the upper extremity /Oskar C. Aszmann, Hans Diet, Tatjana Paternostro and Manfred Frey.
- Handbook of pediatric surgery 2010, SpringerMilestones in pediatric surgery -- Fluids, electrolytes, and dehydration -- Metabolic response to injury and sepsis -- Shock -- Parenteral nutrition -- Hematology for surgeons -- Postoperative problems -- Neonatal physiology and care -- Fetal surgery: general principles -- Diaphragmatic hernia -- Esophageal atresia -- Pyloric stenosis -- Malrotation -- Intestinal atresia -- Necrotizing entercolitis -- Meconium ileus -- Hirschsprung's disease -- Anorectal malformations -- Abdominal wall defects -- Surgical neck pathology -- Developmental lung anomalies -- Gastro-esophageal reflux -- Gastrointestinal bleeding -- Acute abdomen -- Intussusception -- Appendicitis -- Rare causes of abdominal pain -- Crohn's disease -- Ulcerative colitis -- Short bowel syndrome -- Intestinal transplantation -- Vascular malformations -- Inguinal hernias and hydroceles -- The acute scrotum -- The undescended testes -- Miscellaneous problems of the male genitalia -- Miscellaneous surgical issues -- Basic pediatric laparoscopy and thoracoscopy -- Urinary tract infection -- The ureter -- Vesico-ureteric reflux -- Neurogenic bladder -- Posterior urethral valves -- Hypospadias -- Bladder exstrophy, epispadias, and cloacal exstrophy -- Disorders of sex development -- Investigation of jaundice -- Biliary atresia -- Choledochal malformations -- Gallbladder disease -- Portal hypertension -- Pancreatic disease -- Liver transplantation -- Wilms' tumor -- Liver tumors -- Neuroblastoma -- Teratomas -- Miscellaneous tumors -- Trauma management: general principles -- Abdominal trauma -- Thoracic trauma -- Basic brain injury -- Spina bifida -- Hydrocephalus.; Appendices: Reference weights and heights -- Anatomical reference -- Human developmental milestones.
- Handbook of pediatric surgical patient care 2014, WorldScientificHandbook of Pediatric Surgical Patient Care focuses on the decision-making process in the overall management of the pediatric surgical patient and provides guidelines for diagnosis. The book covers topics ranging from a wide spectrum of neonatal conditions and surgical critical care to other childhood afflictions, pediatric cancer and the injured child. It also focuses on the current management of common childhood conditions including appendicitis, pyloric stenosis and hernias. The purpose of this handbook is to provide a brief, easily accessible, rapid source of contemporary information to students, residents and practitioners caring for infants and children with surgical disorders.
- Head & neck surgery--otolaryngology. 4th ed. 2006, Ovid
- Heart valve surgery 2010, SpringerHistory of heart valve surgery -- Surgical anatomy of the heart valves -- Overview of the valve replacement devices -- Choice of the optimal valve for replacement -- Aortic valve surgery -- Mitral valve surgery -- Tricuspid valve surgery -- Pulmonary valve surgery -- Dysfunction of implanted heart valves -- Results of heart valve surgery.
- Hemorrhoids 2014, SpringerThis book provides up-to-date knowledge on hemorrhoids for proctologists. It covers all aspects, including the history of hemorrhoids, the anatomy of the anal canal, pathophysiology, diagnosis, and treatment. Both conservative treatment approaches and surgical methods are explained with the aid of numerous high-quality illustrations and schematic drawings. Particular attention is paid to lift-up submucosal hemorrhoidectomy, developed by the author by modifying Parks' original method. Additionally, other important techniques proposed by world leaders in the field are described and illustrated. The international trend towards use of day-case hemorrhoidectomy is acknowledged by considering this approach in detail, with discussion of patient preparation, anesthesia, surgical technique, and postoperative management. The treatment of hemorrhoids in a variety of special circumstances is examined, including new trends in PPH. The closing chapter is devoted to the various forms of anesthesia for anal surgery.
- Hepatic caudate lobe resection 2010, SpringerAnatomy -- Surgical instrument and dissection technique -- Surgical procedures -- Approaches to the caudate lobe -- Classification of caudate lobe resection -- Retrograde resection of caudate lobe -- Measures for safe resection of caudate lobe -- Laparoscopic resection of the caudate lobe.
- Illustrative handbook of general surgery 2010, SpringerI. Endocrine surgery -- II. Breast surgery -- III. Esophageal and gastric surgery -- IV. Small bowel and appendix surgery -- V. Colorectal surgery -- VI. Anorectal surgery -- VII. Hernia surgery -- VIII. Hepatobiliary surgery -- IX. Pancreatic surgery.
- Image-guided intervention 2008, SpringerProcedural similarities / Douglas Fenton and Jeffrey J. Peterson -- Shoulder injections / Jeffrey J. Peterson -- Elbow injections / Jeffrey J. Peterson and Douglas Fenton, and Leo Czervionke -- A surgeon's perspective / Peter M. Murray -- Wrist and hand injections / Jeffrey J. Peterson and Douglas Fenton, and Leo Czervionke -- Hip injections / Jeffrey J. Peterson -- A surgeon's perspective / Gavan P. Duffy -- Knee injections / Jeffrey J. Peterson -- A surgeon's perspective / Cedric J. Ortiguera -- Ankle and foot injections / Jeffrey J. Peterson -- A surgeon's perspective / James K. DeOrio -- Percutaneous image-guided biopsy and radiofrequency ablation / Jeffrey J. Peterson and Douglas Fenton, and Leo Czervionke -- A surgeon's perspective / Mary I. O'Connor.
- Infected total joint arthroplasty 2012, Springer
- Inflammatory response in cardiovascular surgery 2013, SpringerPart I:General Topics.Neuroendocrine Response and Shock /Riad N. Younes, Fernando C. Abrão --The Role of Lymphocytes in the Pathogenesis of Atherosclerosis: Focus on CD4+ T Cell Subsets /Ingrid E. Dumitriu --Immunological Mechanisms of Inflammation /Nilo José Coêlho Duarte, Cyro Alves de Brito, Alberto José da Silva Duarte --Part II:Carotid Diseases.Role of Lipoproteins in Carotid Arterial Disease /Efthymios D. Avgerinos, Christos D. Liapis --Carotid Endarterectomy: Inflammatory Aspects /Sthefano Atique Gabriel, Edmo Atique Gabriel --Endovascular Treatment of Carotid Disease: Inflammatory Aspects /Sthefano Atique Gabriel, Edmo Atique Gabriel --Part III:Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm.Role of Matrix Metalloproteinases and Aortic Wall Degradation in Abdominal Aortic Aneurysms /George A. Antoniou, George S. Georgiadis --Role of Haptoglobin in Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm /Valerio Napolioni --Inflammatory Aortic Aneurysm /Guilherme Vieira Meirelles --Endovascular Treatment of Abdominal Aortic Aneurysms: Current Approaches and New Devices /Armando de Carvalho Lobato, Robert Guimarães do Nascimento --
- Injectable fillers in aesthetic medicine 2006, Springer
- Innovation in esophageal surgery 2012, Springer
- Innovations in plastic and aesthetic surgery 2008, Springer
- International practices in pancreatic surgery 2013, SpringerSurgery of the Pancreatic Carcinoma --Basic Chapter /René Mantke, Hans Lippert --Commentary /Claudio Bassi, Giovanni Butturini, Roberto Salvia --Commentary /Thilo Hackert, Jens Werner, Markus W. Büchler --Commentary /Philippe Bachellier, E. Rosso, D. Jaeck --Commentary /Michael G. T. Raraty, John P. Neoptolemos --Commentary /Tadahiro Takada, Keita Wada, Keiji Sano --Commentary /Andrew L. Warshaw --Chronic Pancreatitis Surgery --Basic Chapter /Hans-Ulrich Schulz, René Mantke, Hans Lippert --Commentary /David B. Adams, Katherine A. Morgan --Commentary /P. C. Bornman --Commentary /Thilo Hackert, Markus W. Büchler --Commentary /Michael B. Farnell, Ashleigh L. Levendale --Commentary /A. Fingerhut, S. V. Shrikhande, P. J. Shukla --Commentary /Michael G. T. Raraty, John P. Neoptolemos --Cystic Neoplasms of the Pancreas: SCN, MCN, IPMN --Basic Chapter /Thilo Hackert, Stefan Fritz, Markus W. Büchler --Commentary /Katherine A. Morgan, David B. Adams --Commentary /Roberto Salvia, Marco Dal Molin, Claudio Bassi --Commentary /C. Max Schmidt --Commentary /Masao Tanaka --Surgery of Acute Pancreatitis --Basic Chapter /René Mantke, Hans-Ulrich Schulz, Hans Lippert --Commentary /Hans G. Beger, B. M. Rau, B. Poch --Commentary /Peter Fagenholz, Carlos Fernández-del Castillo --Commentary /H. G. Gooszen --Commentary /C. W. Imrie, C. R. Carter --Commentary /Åke Andrén-Sandberg --Commentary /Michael G. Sarr.
- Interventional radiology procedures in biopsy and drainage 2011, SpringerGeneral principles of biopsy and drainage -- Liver biopsy -- Chest biopsy -- Mediastinal biopsy -- Bone biopsy -- Adrenal biopsy -- Renal biopsy -- Pancreatic biopsy -- Lymph node biopsy -- Splenic biopsy -- Thyroid biopsy -- Prostate biopsy -- Drainage of abdominal fluid collections -- Drainage of pelvic fluid collections -- Drainage of intrathoracic fluid collections -- Liver cyst/abscess drainage -- Drainage of pancreatic abscess and fluid collections -- Percutaneous biliary drainage and stenting -- Percutaneous cholecystostomy and cholecystolithotomy -- Percutaneous nephrostomy and antegrade ureteric stenting -- Fluoroscopy-guided percutaneous renal access for treatment of stone disease -- Percutaneous gastrostomy and gastrojejunostomy.
- Interventional radiology techniques in ablation 2013, SpringerThe Techniques in Interventional Radiology series of handbooks describes in detail the various interventional radiology procedures and therapies that are in current practice.The series comprises a number of titles, which cover procedures in angioplasty and stenting, transcatheter embolization and therapy, biopsy and drainage, ablation, pediatric interventional radiology and neurointerventional radiology. Each book is laid out in bullet point format, so that the desired information can be located quickly and easily. Interventional radiologists at all stages, from trainees through to specialists, will find this book a valuable asset for their practice.Interventional Radiology Techniques in Ablation is a practical and concise guide to contemporary techniques in image-guided tumor ablation. This handbook is intended to serve as a quick reference for physicians in interventional radiology training as well as a resource for IR technologists, nurses, nurse practitioners and physician assistants.
- Intervertebral disc 2014, SpringerThe intervertebral disc is composed of a complex tissue that separates neighboring vertebrae, permits a wide range of motion, and cushions the high biomechanical forces on the spine. Disc degeneration leads to a loss of function and is often associated with excruciating pain. Written by leading scientists and clinicians, this is the only book in the past fifty years devoted entirely to the study of the intervertebral disc. The first part of the book provides a review of the basic biology of the disc in health and disease. The second part considers strategies for mitigating the effects of disc degeneration and discusses the possibility of engineering replacement tissues. The final section is dedicated to approaches that model normal development, and the elucidation of the pathogenesis of degenerative disc disease using animal, organ and cell culture techniques. This unique and authoritative book bridges the gap between the basic and clinical sciences; its target audience includes basic scientists, orthopedists, neurologists, rehabilitation and physical therapists, primary care physicians and chiropractors, while it also addresses the needs of graduate students, medical students, interns, fellows, and patients who suffer from disc-related pathologies.
- Intraductal papillary mucinous neoplasm of the pancreas 2014, SpringerIntraductal papillary mucinous neoplasms (IPMNs) represent an opportunity to treat pancreatic tumors before they develop into aggressive, hard-to-treat cancers. Beginning with morphological classification and its clinical significance, natural history, and malignant change of both main duct and branch duct IPMNs, this book covers the whole field of IPMNs of the pancreas. It reviews the various methods of investigation: imaging, diagnostic investigation of cyst fluid, and those using pancreatic juice; and also examines aspects ranging from the development of malignancy to the timing and method of resection, focusing on both main duct and branch duct IPMNs. Aimed at residents, clinical fellows, and pancreatologists who treat patients with this common disease of the pancreas, this book is a landmark in the current understanding and future perspectives of IPMNs of the pancreas.
- Intraoperative neurophysiological monitoring. 2nd ed. 2006, Springer
- Key topics in surgical research and methodology 2010, Springer
- Keyhole approaches in neurosurgery 2008, Springerv. 1. Concept and surgical technique.
- Knee joint arthroplasty 2014, SpringerThis book presents up-to-date knowledge on all aspects of total knee joint arthroplasty (TKA). It opens by considering indications for TKA and implant selection, covering basic science, design, and prosthetic materials. The basic and advanced operative procedures, along with theoretical background, are then described in detail for both primary and revision surgery. The operative techniques for TKA in specific and complex conditions are included. Complications of TKA and their treatment are also discussed, and clear guidance is provided on postoperative management and patient education. The author introduces his personal surgical tips and opinions on controversial issues based on his experience of TKA in some 6,000 cases. Numerous helpful illustrations and radiographs from the author's caseload are presented to assist readers in carrying out the described procedures.
- Knee ligament injuries 2014, SpringerKnee ligament injuries are very common and are frequently sports related, although they may arise from trauma experienced during everyday activities. This book provides in-depth descriptions of the extra articular surgical techniques that may be employed when performing ligament reconstruction in patients with injuries involving the posterolateral and posteromedial corners of the knee. It is intended as a practical, how to manual that will be of value for both the trainee and the more experienced surgeon. Many of the techniques relate to the central pivot of the knee, i.e. the anterior and posterior cruciate ligaments. For each technique, indications, presurgical planning, postsurgical follow-up and complications are discussed in addition to the surgical details. Numerous tips and pearls are provided and the techniques are clearly depicted in informative high-quality illustrations.
- Kuerer's Breast surgical oncology 2010, AccessSurgery"Written by an internationally recognized multidisciplinary team of authors, Kuerer's Breast Surgical Oncology is the first text specifically dedicated to breast surgical oncology. ... Kuerer's examines all clinically relevant knowledge in the field, from the pathology of the breast and clinical management, to follow-up and complications following diagnosis and therapy. The book also focuses on the next wave of molecular studies that represent the future of the discipline."--BOOK JACKET.
- Upper Urinary Tract (Kidney, Ureter and Adrenal Gland) / Jens-Uwe Stolzenburg, Rowan Casey, Jens Mondry, Minh Do and Anja Dietel, et al. -- Lympadenectomy / Ingolf A. Türk, Rowan Casey, Jens-Uwe Stolzenburg, Panagiotis Kallidonis and Minh Do, et al. -- Urinary Bladder and Prostate / Thilo Schwalenberg, Jochen Neuhaus, Panagiotis Kallidonis, Evangelos N. Liatsikos and Jens-Uwe Stolzenburg, et al. -- Paediatric Urology / Holger Till, Jens-Uwe Stolzenburg and Ulrike Waldschmidt -- Miscellaneous / Jens-Uwe Stolzenburg, Evangelos N. Liatsikos, Thilo Schwalenberg, Tim Häfner and Minh Do, et al.
- Laparoscopic cholecystectomy 2014, Springer"his book, written by expert surgeons, offers a comprehensive and up-to-date overview of all aspects of laparoscopic cholecystectomy. Coverage includes the indications for surgery, anesthesia, establishment of pneumoperitoneum, surgical technique, and the prevention and management of complications. Performance of laparoscopic cholecystectomy in the specific contexts of biliary tree stones and acute cholecystitis is described. Extensive reference is made to the latest clinical evidence, and the real benefits of the laparoscopic approach, for example in terms of outcomes and day surgery, are carefully assessed. New technologies, including SILS, NOTES, robotic surgery, and miniaturized instruments, are reviewed. The learning curve and training are also extensively discussed, and an individual chapter is devoted to the views of international experts in the field. Some 20 years after the National Institutes of Health Consensus Conference first published recommendations regarding indications for laparoscopic cholecystectomy, it remains the gold standard approach and continues to evolve."--Publisher's website.
- Laparoscopic entry 2012, Springer
- Laparoscopic gastric banding 2011, Springer
- Laparoscopic techniques in uro-oncology 2009, Springer
- Laparoscopy in children. 2nd ed. 2013, SpringerWhen Laparoscopy in Children was first published in 2003, it quickly became popular with pediatric surgeons worldwide owing to its clear schematic drawings and concise text. This new edition has been revised and enlarged to cover the new procedures and other advances that have emerged in the intervening period, during which the number of operations has almost doubled. Now, the vast majority of indications for laparoscopy in children are presented and discussed. Each operation is systematically described and illustrated step by step, providing the reader with the technical guidelines required to perform laparoscopy safely even in small children. Laparoscopy in Children will be an invaluable guide for all surgeons who perform, or plan to perform, such operations.
- Laser-tissue interactions. 3rd, enlarged ed. 2007, Springer
- LASIK handbook. 2nd ed. 2013, OvidSection I. LASIK fundamentals -- section II. Diagnostic equipment -- section III. Flap-making equipment -- section IV. Excimer lasers -- section V. Management of postsurgical problems -- section VI. Other surgical considerations -- section VII. Study section -- section VIII. International perspectives in refractive surgery.
- Learning surgery 2004, Springer
- Lip cancer 2014, SpringerThe lip is the most common site of malignancy in the head and neck region. Although high cure rates can be achieved by early treatment, a significant percentage of lip cancers demonstrate aggressive behaviour, posing management difficulties. Given the aesthetic and functional significance of the lip, reconstruction post surgery is also extremely important, yet this, too, can be challenging. This textbook is intended as a comprehensive reference that will provide easy-to-follow and well-organized guidance on the management of lip cancer, from diagnosis to treatment and reconstruction. After discussion of anatomy and premalignant conditions, detailed attention is paid to squamous cell carcinoma of the lip. Surgical management is explained, and the roles of radiation therapy and chemotherapy, discussed. Reconstruction techniques following ablative surgery are then described in depth, with reference to defect size and complexity. In addition, the potential complications of treatment and reconstruction are presented, with advice on their management. The closing chapter considers other malignant lesions of the lip. The informative text is complemented by high-quality illustrations and clinical and radiographic material. The contributors all have extensive experience and in-depth knowledge of the topics they address.
- Liposuction 2006, Springer
- Liver and biliary tract surgery 2006, Springer
- Liver anesthesiology and critical care medicine 2012, Springer
- Liver transplantation 2009, Springer
- Lower abdominal and perineal surgery 2014, SpringerWritten by internationally acclaimed specialists, "Lower Abdominal and Perineal Surgery" provides pertinent and concise procedure descriptions spanning benign and malignant problems and minimally invasive procedures. Complications are reviewed when appropriate for the organ system and problem, creating a book that is both comprehensive and accessible. Stages of operative approaches with relevant technical considerations are outlined in an easily understandable manner. Forming part of the series, Surgery: Complications, Risks and Consequences, this volume Lower Abdominal and Perineal Surgery provides a valuable resource for all general surgeons and residents in training.
- 1. Noninvasive Breast Cancer /Robert H. I. Andtbacka ... [et al.] --2. Invasive Breast Cancer /Jonathan S. Zager ... [et al.] --3. Melanoma /Timothy M. Pawlik and Jeffrey E. Gershenwald --4. Nonmelanoma Skin Cancer /Nestor F. Esnaola and Keith M. Heaton --5. Soft Tissue and Bone Sarcoma /Keith A. Delman and Janice N. Cormier --6. Cancer in the Head and Neck /Kenneth A. Newkirk and F. Christopher Holsinger --7. Thoracic Malignancies /Shanda H. Blackmon and Ara A. Vaporciyan --8. Esophageal Carcinoma /Alexander A. Parikh, Ara A. Vaporciyan, and Wayne L. Hofstetter --9. Gastric Cancer /Waddah B. Al-Refaie and Paul F. Mansfield --10. Small-Bowel Malignancies and Carcinoid Tumors /Keith D. Amos and Rosa F. Hwang --11. Cancer of the Colon, Rectum, and Anus /George J. Chang and Barry W. Feig --12. Hepatobiliary Cancers /Eugene A. Choi, Steven E. Rodgers, Syed A. Ahmad, and Eddie K. Abdalla --13. Pancreatic Adenocarcinoma /Rosa F. Hwang ... [et al.] --14. Pancreatic Endocrine Tumors and Multiple Endocrine Neoplasia /Jeffrey T. Lenert ... [et al.] --15. Adrenal Tumors /Ricardo J. Gonzalez and Jeffrey E. Lee --16. Carcinoma of the Thyroid and Parathyroid Glands /Keith D. Amos, Mouhammed A. Habra, and Nancy D. Perrier --17. Hematologic Malignancies and Splenic Tumors /Wayne A. I. Frederick ... [et al.] --18. Cancer of Unknown Primary Site /Gauri R. Varadhachary --19. Genitourinary Cancer /Christopher G. Wood and Colin P.N. Dinney --20. Gynecologic Cancers /Brian M. Slomovitz, Pamela T. Soliman, Judith K. Wolf --21. Oncologic Emergencies /Jeffrey D. Wayne and Richard J. Bold --22. Biologic Cancer Therapy /Daniel Albo, Thomas N. Wang, and George P. Tuszynski --23. Pharmacotherapy of Cancer /Judy L. Chase and Chad M. Barnett --24. Reconstructive Surgery in the Cancer Patient /Jules A. Feledy, Jr. Matthew M. Hanasono, and Geoffrey L. Robb --Index.
- Maingot's Abdominal operations. 12th ed. 2013, AccessSurgery
- Male patient in aesthetic medicine 2009, Springer
- Malpractice in surgery 2013, ebraryPrinciples of medical malpractice -- Errors, incidents and complications in general surgery -- Retained surgical foreign bodies -- Quality management related to wrong-site surgery -- Towards a preventive safety culture within the hospital -- Ethical aspects of an open safety culture : towards a new physician-patient relationship in 21st century medicine.
- Manual of aesthetic surgery. 2, Breast augmentation, brachioplasty, abdominoplasty, thigh and buttock lift, liposuction, hair transplantation, adjuvant therapies, including spacelift v. 2, 2005, Springer
- Manual of aesthetic surgery. 2nd ed. 2010, SpringerPhotographic Documentation in Aesthetic and Plastic Surgery -- Informed Consent in Aesthetic and Plastic Surgery -- Rhinoplasty -- Rhytidectomy -- Eyelid Surgery -- Blepharoplasty -- Otoplasty -- Breast Surgery -- Brachioplasty -- Abdominoplasty -- Thigh and Buttock Lift -- Liposuction -- Hair Transplantation -- Adjuvant Therapies, Including Laser Surgery -- Aesthetic Surgery: Quo Vadis.
- Manual of fast track recovery for colorectal surgery 2012, Springer
- Manual of spine surgery 2012, SpringerPt. I. General aspects of spinal surgery -- pt. II. Anterior upper cervical spine -- pt. III. Anterior cervical spine C3-C8 (T1) -- pt. IV. Posterior cervical spine -- pt. V. Anterior thoracic spine -- pt. VI. Posterior thoracic spine -- pt. VII. Anterior lumbar spine -- pt. VIII. Posterior lumbar spine.
- Manual of thoracic endoaortic surgery 2010, Springer
- Marginal donors 2014, SpringerIn response to persistent donor organ shortages, organs from marginal donors, such as expanded criteria donors (ECD) and donation after cardiac death (DCD) donors, are now accepted and have been successfully transplanted, reducing the waiting times for transplantation. Especially in Japan, transplantation of DCD kidneys has a relatively long history because of the difficulty or lack of national consensus in accepting brain death, which has made it possible to accumulate considerable clinical experience. Thus, the current organ shortage has stimulated interest in the use of marginal donors for transplantation. This book, prepared by distinguished authorities in their fields, is intended for clinicians and researchers. It highlights the use of marginal donors as a comparatively novel source of transplantation organs and provides a thorough overview of marginal donors from their historical origins to recent clinical applications, including the state-of-the-art science of organ/donor management, procurement, and preservation. Also provided is valuable information on ABO-incompatible donors which extend the availability of donor sources. Each chapter offers an individual analysis of the optimal requirements for the safe management and preservation of organs, including the heart, lung, liver, kidney, pancreas, and pancreatic islets.
- Periorbital Aesthetic Surgery: The Evolution of a Multidisciplinary Surgical Subspecialty -- Surgical Anatomy of the Forehead, Eyelids, and Midface for the Aesthetic Surgeon -- The Beautiful Eye: Perception of Beauty in the Periocular Area -- Critical Evaluation of the Periorbital Aesthetic Patient -- Oculofacial Anesthesia -- The Open Approach to Forehead Lifting -- Endoscopic Brow and Forehead Rejuvenation -- Direct Brow Lift: An Aesthetic Approach -- Upper Eyelid Blepharoplasty -- Adjunctive Procedures in Upper Eyelid Blepharoplasty: Internal Brow Fat Sculpting and Elevation, Glabellar Myectomy, and Lacrimal Gland Repositioning -- Management of Complications of Upper Eyelid Blepharoplasty -- Levator Ptosis Repair in the Aesthetic Patient With and Without Blepharoplasty -- Posterior Approach Ptosis Repair in the Aesthetic Patient With or Without Blepharoplasty -- Modern Advances in Asian Blepharoplasty -- Transcutaneous Lower Eyelid Blepharoplasty -- Transconjunctival Lower Blepharoplasty: Fat Excision or Repositioning -- Managing the Lateral Canthus in the Aesthetic Patient -- Management of the Post-lower Eyelid Blepharoplasty Retracted Eyelid -- Laser Management of Festoons -- Midface and Lower Eyelid Rejuvenation -- Face Implants in Aesthetic Surgery -- Periorbital Fat Grafting -- Periorbital Laser Resurfacing -- Laser Incisional Eyelid Surgery -- Neuromodulators and Fillers for Periorbital Rejuvenation -- Management of the Prominent Eye -- Postoperative Wound Modulation in Aesthetic Eyelid and Periorbital Surgery -- Short-Flap Superficial Musculo-Aponeurotic System (SMAS) Rhytidectomy.
- Mastering endovascular techniques 2007, OvidKey issues of vascular pathoanatomy / Frank Kolodgie ... [et al.] -- Key issues of vascular pathophysiology / Axel R. Pries, Ivo Buschmann, Helmut Habazettl -- Magnetic resonance imaging / Dietrich Baumgart, Thomas Egelhof -- X-ray coronary angiography / Peter Lanzer -- Intracoronary ultrasound / Anuja Nair ... [et al.] -- Pressure wire / Wilbert Aarnoudse, Cees-joost Botman, Nico H.J. Pijls -- The decision-making process in percutaneous coronary interventions / Lutz Prechelt, Peter Lanzer -- Devices / Wolfram Schmidt, Klaus-Peter Schmitz -- Intracranial vessels / Hans Henkes ... [et al.] -- Internal carotid artery / Peter Lanzer, Ralf Weser -- Coronary arteries / Peter Lanzer, L.D. Timmie Topoleski -- Thoracic aorta / Tim C. Rehders ... [et al.] -- Abdominal aortic aneurysm / Martin Köcher, Petr Utíkal -- Renal arteries / Peter Lanzer, Ralf Weser -- Abdominal aorta, iliac, and lower extremity arteries / Peter Lanzer, Ralf Weser -- Haemodialysis shunts / Dierk Vorwerk -- Venous diseases / Zubin Irani, John A. Kaufman -- Foreign bodies / Haresh G. Mehta, Stephan Windecker, Bernhard Meier.
- Mastering revision rhinoplasty 2006, Springer
- Mastery of cardiothoracic surgery. 2nd ed. 2007, Ovid
- Mastery of surgery. 5th ed. 2007, Ovid
- McGraw-Hill manual. Colorectal surgery / 2009, AccessSurgerySymptoms and differential diagnosis -- Evaluation tools -- Anatomy and physiology -- Diseases and problems -- Operative techniques -- Nonsurgical management -- Perioperative management.
- McGraw-Hill manual. Endocrine surgery / 2010, AccessSurgery1. Thyroid nodule -- 2. Goiter -- 3. Hyperthyroidism --4. Papillary thyroid carcinoma -- 5. Follicular thyroid carcinoma and oncocytic (Hürthle cell) carcinoma -- 6. Medullary thyroid carcinoma -- 7. Anaplastic thyroid carcinoma, metastases to the thyroid gland, and thyroid lymphoma -- 8. Primary hyperparathyroidism -- 9. Persistent and recurrent hyperparathyroidism -- 10. Secondary and tertiary hyperparathyroidism -- 11. Parathyroid Carcinoma -- 12. Incidentalomas and metastases to the adrenal gland -- 13. Hyperaldosteronism -- 14. Hypercortisolism -- 15. Pheochromocytoma and paraganglioma -- 16. Adrenocortical carcinoma -- 17. Insulinoma -- 18. Gastrinoma -- 19. Carcinoid tumors -- 20. Other functional and nonfunctional neuroendocrine tumors -- 21. Multiple endocrine neoplasia Ttype 1 -- 22. Multiple endocrine neoplasia type 2 -- 23. von Hippel-Lindau disease.
- "The current edition of The Handbook provides an overview of current care of patients with cancer diagnoses commonly evaluated and treated by surgical oncologists, and in doing so continues to align such care with the underlying philosophy of the Department of Surgical Oncology at M.D. Anderson: multidisciplinary, cooperative care is the ideal way to manage patients with cancer. Such care begins with an understanding of the underlying tumor biology and natural history of the disease and includes technical excellence in the delivery of indicated surgical treatment. It also demands integration of essential information from the available literature on currently preferred treatment modalities, and emphasizes appropriate inclusion of adjunctive specialty care, including medical oncology, radiation oncology, interventional radiology, palliative care, pain management, physical therapy, nutritional support, social services and nursing"--Provided by publisher.
- Microskin grafting for vitiligo 2009, Springer
- Microsurgery for fertility specialists 2013, Springer
- Middle ear surgery 2006, Springer
- "Minimally Invasive and Robotic Thyroid and Parathyroid Surgery is the first textbook which includes a comprehensive review of both minimally invasive and robotic thyroid and parathyroid techniques. Over the last several years there has been a rapid expansion in the number of different surgical approaches available to patients undergoing thyroid and parathyroid surgery. This book consolidates these in one source and focuses on both the philosophy and techniques of these procedures. For thyroid surgery, the text covers the full range of minimally invasive procedures and several of the most widely adopted remote access techniques. Several related procedures are also discussed, including minimally invasive approaches to central and lateral neck dissection. For parathyroid surgery, several minimally invasive techniques are covered, including radioguided surgery. Written by experts in the field of thyroid and parathyroid surgery, Minimally Invasive and Robotic Thyroid and Parathyroid Surgery serves as a critical resource for both experienced and less experience surgeons, fellows, residents, and students interested in understanding the breadth of this field or learning the specific steps of a particular technique."--Publisher's website.
- Minimally invasive cancer management. 2nd ed. 2010, SpringerAs minimal access approaches to cancer diagnosis, staging, and therapy become more widely used, it is vital for general surgeons, along with laparoscopists, surgical oncologists and medical oncologists, to stay up to date. The editors, a team consisting of a renowned surgical oncologist and a laparoscopic specialist, aim to provide a resource for the practicing general surgeon using basic minimally invasive techniques. The book discusses diagnosis including biopsy with microinstrumentation, staging, and palliative and curative resection. Specific tumor sites are addressed, including esophagus, stomach, spleen, small bowel, pancreato-biliary, hepatic resection, and colo-rectal resection. Minimally invasive approaches to the thoracic and retroperitoneal areas are included. The book provides a thorough overview of basic cancer biology, instrumentation, and ultrasound. Additionally, Greene and Heniford explore controversial issues such as port-site recurrence and the effect of pneumoperitoneum on the spread of cancer cells in the abdomen. Many photographs and line drawings, including 16 in full color, illustrate the principles discussed in the text. A must-have for every practicing general surgeon, laparoscopic fellow, and general surgery resident.
- Minimally invasive forefoot surgery in clinical practice 2013, Springer
- A minimally invasive open approach for reconstruction of the anterior column of the thoracic and lumbar spine / B. Knowles ... [et al.] -- Percutaneous vertebroplasty in osteoporotic vertebral fractures / G.M. Hess, H.M. Mayer -- Microsurgical open vertebroplasty and kyphoplasty / B.M. Boszczyk ... [et al.] -- Percutaneous kyphoplasty in traumatic fractures / G. Maestretti, P. Otten -- Lumbar spine. Low back pain. Inteventional and semi-invasive procedures for low back pain and disc herniation / M.K. Schäufele -- Disc. Intradiscal electrothermal therapy / J. Saal -- Microtherapy in low back pain / A.T. Yeung, C.A. Yeung -- Principles of microsurgical discectomy in lumbar disc herniations / H.M. Mayer -- The microsurgical interlaminar, paramedian approach / H.M. Mayer -- The translaminar approach / L. Papavero --General. Minimally invasive spine surgery / H.M. Mayer -- Technological advances of surgical microscopes for spine surgery / W. Rulffes -- Spinal microsurgery: a short introduction / H.M. Mayer -- Microsurgical instruments / A. Korge -- Operating room setup and handling of surgical microscopes / K. Wiechert -- Computer-assisted minimally invasive spine surgery - state of the art / F. Langlotz, L.P. Nolte -- Cervical spine. Odontoid. Technique of transoral odontoidectomy / P.J. Apostolides ... [et al.] -- Microsurgical treatment of odontoid fractures / P. Klimo Jr., G. Rao, R.I. Apfelbaum -- Disc surgery/decompression. Microsurgery of the cervical spine: the anterior approach / L. Papavero -- Anterior cervical foraminotomy (microsurgical and endoscopic) / W.F. saringer -- Functional segmental reconstruction with the Bryan cervical disc prosthesis / J. Goffin -- Microsurgical total cervical disc replacement / H.M. Mayer -- Microsurgical posterior approaches to the cervical spine / P.H. Young, J.P. Young, J.C. Young --Microsurgical C1 - 1 stabilization / D. Fassett, R.I. Apfelbaum -- Thoracic/thoracolumbar spine. General techniques. Microsurgical anterior approach to T5 - 10 (Mini-TTA) / H.M. Mayer -- Microsurgical anterior approach to the thoracolumbar junction / H.M. Mayer -- Anatomic principles of thoracoscopic spine surgery / U. Liljenqvist -- Principles of endoscopic techniques to the thoracic and lumbar spine / G.M. McCullen, A.A. Criscitiello, H.A. Yuan -- Biomechanical requirements in minimally invasive spinal fracture treatment / M. Schultheiss ... [et al.] -- Deformities. Thoracoscopic approaches in spinal deformities and trauma / M. Dufoo-Olvera -- Thoracoscopic techniques in spinal deformities / D. Sucato -- Mini-open endoscopic excision of hemivertebrae / R. Stücker -- Fractures. Thoracoscopically assisted anterior approach to thoracolumbar fractures / R. Beisse --Spinal stenosis. Microsurgical decompresssion of acquired (degenerative) central and lateral spinal canal stenosis / H.M. Mayer -- Fusion. Microsurgical anterior lumbar interbody fusion (Mini-ALIF): the lateral retroperitoneal approach to L2/3, L3/4, and L4/5 / H.M. Mayer -- Microsurgical anterior lumbar interbody fusion (Mini-ALIF): the transperitoneal approach to L5/S1 / H.M. Mayer -- Minimally invasive 360° lumbar fusion / M. Aebi -- The anterior extraperitoneal video-assisted approach to the lumbar spine / M. Onimus, H. Chataigner -- Dynamic stabilization. Minimally invasive dynamic stabilization of the lumbar motion segment with an interspinous implant / J. Sénégas -- Technical and anatomical considerations for the placement of a posterior interspinous stabilizer / J. Taylor, S. Ritland -- Elastic microsurgical stabilization with a posterior shock absorber / S. Caserta, G.A. La Maida, B. Misaggi.The lateral, extraforaminal approach / L. Papavera -- Transforaminal endoscopic discectomy / J. Krugluger -- Microscopically assisted percutaneous technique as a minimally invasive approach to the posterior spine / R. Greiner-Perth, H. Boehm, E. El Saghir -- Arthroscopic and endoscopic spine surgery via a posterolateral approach / P. Kambin -- The full-endoscopic interlaminar approach for lumbar disc herniations / S. Ruetten -- Outpatient microsurgical lumbar discectomy and microde-compression laminoplasty / R.S. Biscup, V. Podichetty -- Disc reconstruction. Nucleus reconstruction by autologous chondrocyte transplantation / H.-J. Meisel, T. Ganey -- Autologous disc chondrocyte transplantation / F. Grochulla, H.M. Mayer, A. Korge -- The ALPA approach for minimally invasive nucleus pulposus replacement / R. Bertagnoli -- Mini-open midline accesses for lumbar total disc replacement / H.M. Mayer --
- 100 cases in surgery. Second edition [2nd ed.] — Emerging technologies in surgery (105)
- Endobronchial ultrasound — Minimally invasive spine surgery. 2nd [completely rev. and expanded] ed. (105)
- Minimally invasive surgery for achilles tendon disorders in clinical practice — SAGES manual (105)
- SAGES manual of hernia repair — Zollinger's Atlas of surgical operations. 9th ed. (104)
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- AAP Red Book Online
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Sabiston Textbook of Surgery
- Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics
- Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics
- Mandell, Douglas, & Bennett's Principles & Practice of Infectious Diseases
- Red Book Online
- ICU Book
- Primary Care Medicine
- Campbell-Walsh Urology
Shortcut to Licensed Content
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Links” (IE7) or “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
What is it?
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) gives you access to resources licensed by the library even when you're not coming from a Lane or a Stanford IP address.
While we'd like Lane to be your gateway to our licensed content, we recognize that links to books, articles and journals come from a variety of different sources (Google, your email, RSS reader, etc.).
When installed, it will look your browser bookmark.
At the page you would like to proxy, click the "Lane Gateway to Licensed Content" to invoke it.
If Lane licenses that content, you'll get access as if you were on campus.
How does it work?
This allows you to view the URL as though you were on campus, giving you access to materials licensed for use by the Stanford academic community.
If you're not authenticated, you'll be prompted for your SUNetID and password.
Don't see the Toolbar, Bookmarks, or Links or Favorites bar?
From the "View" menu, select "Toolbars" & choose "Bookmarks Toolbar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Show Bookmarks Bar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Always Show Bookmarks Bar"
- Right-click in a clear area near the browser address bar
- In the menu, check a box next "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites" (IE8, IE9)
- Managing IE Favorites
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) only works with resources Lane has licensed and configured to work with our proxy server.
If invoked on a resource we do not license and/or have not yet configured, you will see an error message:
The Lane proxy server cannot complete your request because this host has not been configured properly.
We make no attempt to configure our proxy server for every resource, only those we license and for which a Stanford IP address grants access.
Drag this button onto your browser toolbar to install.
- Right click this button
- Select "Add to Favorites", click "Continue" if you see a security alert
- In "Create in" menu, select "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites Bar" (IE8, IE9) to install
Drag this button onto Safari Bookmarks bar to install.
- Springer Protocols
- MD Consult
- Lange Series
- National Academy Press
- NCBI Bookshelf
- Thieme Atlases