Books by Subject
- 100 cases in surgery. Second edition [2nd ed.] — Cosmetic-- facial surgery (141)
- Cranial, craniofacial and skull base surgery — Medical management of the surgical patient. 3rd ed. (141)
- Medical management of the thoracic surgery patient — Robotic urologic surgery. 2nd ed. (141)
- Robotics in general surgery — Zollinger's Atlas of surgical operations Robert M. Zollinger Jr., E. Christopher Ellison ; illustrations ... by Marita Bitans and Jennifer Smith.. 9th ed. (141)
SurgeryAccess restricted to Stanford unless otherwise noted
- 100 cases in surgery. Second edition [2nd ed.] 2014, CRCnetBASEGeneral and colorectal -- Upper gastrointestinal -- Breast and endocrine -- Vascular -- Urology -- Orthopaedic -- Ear, nose, and throat -- Neurosurgery -- Anaesthesia -- Postoperative complications.
- 3D histology evaluation of dermatologic surgery 2013, SpringerIntroduction -- The Basics for Excision and Flattening -- Embedding and Sectioning -- Dividing Tumors and Topographical Orientation -- Communication with the Lab -- The Aftermath or How to Excise Until Clear Margins -- Variations for Special Locations and Large, Deep Penetrating Tumors -- How to Perform 3D Histology on Different Types of Tumors -- Terminology and Facts.
- ABC of pediatric surgical imaging 2010, Springer
- Provides transplant professionals with a step-wise approach to abdominal organ retrieval and bench surgery, illustrating complex anatomical situations and providing practice points and decision algorithms. A go-to reference for transplant surgeons, trainees and fellows, as well as for other professionals involved in abdominal organ transplantation.
- Abdominal ultrasound for surgeons 2014, SpringerAbdominal Ultrasound for Surgeons provides a comprehensive guide to the use of ultrasonography in surgical practice of abdominal diseases. The content is divided into three major sections focusing on basic principles of ultrasound, ultrasound anatomy and pathology of the abdomen, and employment of ultrasound of the abdomen in surgical practice. A final section is dedicated to the logistics of incorporating ultrasound into a surgical practice. The first section provides an introduction to the principles of ultrasonography focusing on ultrasound physics, equipment, and instrumentation. A detailed approach to the various scanning methods and image interpretation is demonstrated with illustrations, images, and video. The second section focuses on ultrasound anatomy of the abdomen. Each chapter demonstrates the normal and abnormal ultrasound anatomy of specific abdominal organ or organ systems (abdominal wall, liver, pancreas, biliary, stomach, anorectum, retroperitoneum, vascular) with illustrations and images. The current status and technique of endoscopic ultrasound of the upper and lower gastrointestinal tracks is addressed in this section. The third section provides a state-of-the-art review of the status of each major application of abdominal ultrasound in surgery. Topics range from trauma ultrasound and laparoscopic staging to techniques in ultrasound guidance and three-dimensional targeting. This section provides a comprehensive review of the employment of interventional, intraoperative, laparoscopic, transabdominal and endoscopic ultrasound. The fourth and last section addresses the practice aspects of incorporation of ultrasound into a surgical practice. Abdominal Ultrasound for Surgeons will serve as a very useful resource and guide for surgeons and students with little to some experience in ultrasound, including practicing surgeons, surgical fellows, and surgical residents.
- Abernathy's Surgical secrets. 6th ed. 2009, ClinicalKeyThe new edition of this leading volume in the Secrets Series® offers the very latest overview of surgical practice. A two-color page layout, question-and-answer approach, and a list of the "Top 100 Secrets" in surgery gives you the perfect concise board review or handy clinical reference, while updated coverage throughout equips you with all of the most current and essential knowledge in the field. Valuable pearls, tips, and memory aids make this the perfect resource for a fast surgical review or reference. Uses bulleted lists, tables, short answers, and a highly detailed index to expedite reference. Includes pearls, tips, and memory aids, making it perfect as a handy surgical review for board exams or clinical reference. Covers all of today's most common surgical procedures and techniques. Presents a "Controversies" section in many chapters that highlights the pros and cons of selected procedures and approaches. Features a compact trim size for enhanced portability.
- AccessMedicine Lange Case files AccessMedicineClinical cases selected from the LANGE Case Files series, edited by Eugene C. Toy, MD.
- Acute abdomen during pregnancy 2014, SpringerPart I. Surgery -- 1. Acute Appendicitis -- 2. Acute Biliary Tract Diseases -- 3. Acute Pancreatitis -- 4. Nontraumatic Gastroduodenal Perforations -- 5. Symptomatic Abdominal Wall Hernias -- 6. Symptomatic Diaphragmatic Hernia -- 7. Intestinal Obstruction -- 8. Acute Inflammatory Bowel Disease -- 9. Spleen -- 10. Abdominal Trauma -- 11. Miscellaneous Conditions -- Part II. Gynecology -- 12. Adnexal Torsion -- 13. (Isolated) Torsion of the Fallopian Tube -- 14. Ruptured/Bleeding Ovarian Cysts/Tumors -- 15. Ruptured Ectopic Pregnancy -- 16. Spontaneous Uterine Rupture -- 17. Torsion of the Gravid Uterus -- 18. Degenerating Uterine Myomas -- 19. Pelvic Inflammatory Disease and Tubo-ovarian Abscess.
- Acute care surgery principles and practice 2007, SpringerPart I. General Principles -- Initial Assessment and Early Resuscitation / Louis H. Alarcon and Andrew B. Peitzman -- The Operating Theater for Acute Care Surgery / Kenneth L. Mattox -- Anesthesia and Acute Care Surgery / Omid Moayed and Richard P. Dutton -- Fundamental Operative Approaches in Acute Care Surgery / David J. Ciesla and Ernest E. Moore -- The Perioperative Management of the Acute Care Surgical Patient / Craig M. Coopersmith and Timothy G. Buchman -- The Hemodynamically Labile Patient: Cardiovascular Adjuncts and Assist Devices / Edward E. Cornwell and Preeti R. John -- Principles and Practice of Nutritional Support for Surgical Patients / Maheswari Senthil, Bobby Rupani, Jondavid H. Jabush and Edwin A. Deitch -- The Intensive Care Unit: The Next-Generation Operating Room / Philip S. Barie, Soumitra R. Eachempati and Jian Shou -- Burns / Basil A. Pruitt and Richard L. Gamelli -- Electrical and Lightning Injuries / Raphael C. Lee -- Soft Tissue Infections / Anthony A. Meyer, Jeffrey E. Abrams, Thomas L. Bosshardt and Claude H. Organ -- The Open Abdomen: Management from Initial Laparotomy to Definitive Closure / Fred A. Luchette, Stathis J. Poulakidas and Thomas J. Esposito -- Acute Care Surgery and the Elderly / Patrick K. Kim, Donald R. Kauder and C. William Schwab -- Acute Care Surgery in the Rural Setting / Dana Christian Lynge, Nicholas W. Morris and John G. Hunter -- Prehospital Care in the Acute Setting / Norman E. McSwain -- Disaster and Mass Casualty Management / Eric R. Frykberg -- Principles of Injury Prevention and Control / M. Margaret Knudson and Larisa S. Speetzen -- Education: Surgical Simulation in Acute Care Surgery / Lenworth M. Jacobs and Karyl J. Burns -- Part II. Organ-Based Approach -- Pharynx and Larynx / Ernest M. Myers -- Head and Neck: Pediatrics / Reza Rahbar and Gerald B. Healy -- Esophagus / George C. Velmahos, Nahid Hamoui, Peter F. Crookes and Demetrios Demetriades -- Central Nervous System / Peter B. Letarte -- Chest Wall / John C. Mayberry and Donald D. Trunkey -- Lungs and Pleura / Riyad Karmy-Jones and J. Wayne Meredith -- Heart / Matthew S. Slater -- Thoracic Aorta / Peter I. Ellman and Irving L. Kron -- Diaphragm / Michel B. Aboutanos, Therèse M. Duane, Ajai K. Malhotra and Rao R. Ivatury -- Abdominal Wall / Jeffrey A. Claridge and Martin A. Croce -- Foregut / Philip E. Donahue-- Small Intestine / Juliet Lee, Todd Ponsky and Jeffrey L. Ponsky -- Liver and Biliary Tract / Spiros P. Hiotis and Hersch L. Pachter -- Pancreas / Juan A. Asensio, Patrizio Petrone and L. D. Britt -- Spleen / L. D. Britt -- Intraabdominal Vasculature / George H. Meier and Hosam F. El Sayed -- Colon and Rectum / Herand Abcarian -- Urogenital Tract / Nejd F. Alsikafi, Sean P. Elliott, Maurice M. Garcia and Jack W. McAninch -- Pelvis / Craig M. Rodner and Bruce D. Browner -- Lower Extremities / Tina A. Maxian and Michael J. Bosse -- Hand and Upper Extremities / David T. Netscher and Idris Gharbaoui -- Peripheral Vasculature / David V. Feliciano -- Part III. Administration, Ethics, and Law -- Understanding the Latest Changes in EMTALA: Our Country's Emergency Care Safety Net / Thomas R. Russell -- Informed Surgical Consent / Linda S. Laibstain and Robert C. Nusbaum -- Advance Directives / David G. Jacobs -- The Nonviable Patient and Organ Procurement / Frederic J. Cole, Jay N. Collins and Leonard J. Weireter -- Ethical Dilemmas and the Law / Ira J. Kodner, Daniel M. Freeman, Robb R. Whinney and Douglas J. E. Schuerer -- Part IV. System and Curriculum Development -- Development of a Regional System for Surgical Emergencies (RSSE) / A. Brent Eastman, David B. Hoyt and J. Wayne Meredith -- Acute Care Surgery: A Proposed Curriculum / L. D. Britt and Michael F. Rotondo -- Emergency General Surgery: The Vanderbilt Model / José J. Diaz, Oscar D. Guillamondegui and John A. Morris -- Part V. The International Communities -- Acute Care Surgery: United Kingdom / Bernard F. Ribeiro, Simon Paterson-Brown, Murat Akyol, Michael Walsh and Andrew Sim, et al. -- Acute Care Surgery: Australia / Thomas Kossmann and Ilan S. Freedman -- Acute Care Surgery: Japan / Kyoichi Takaori and Nobuhiko Tanigawa.
- Advanced concepts in surgical research 2012, Thieme1. Factorial Randomized Trials -- Summary -- Introduction -- Randomized clinical trial design strategies with multiple interventions -- Selecting a factorial randomized design -- Conclusion -- 2. Expertise-based randomized trials -- Summary -- Introduction -- Conventional RCT design -- Expertise-based RCT design -- Challenges of expertise-based RCTs -- Independent assessor -- Balanced and consecutive or random contributions to screening pool -- Perceived equivalence between practices -- Conclusion -- 3. Randomization systems and technology -- Summary -- Introduction -- Methods of patient allocation -- Other considerations -- Conclusion -- 4. Blinding and concealment -- Summary -- Introduction -- Concealment -- Blinding -- Conclusion -- 5. Composite outcome in orthopaedics: understanding the concepts -- Summary -- Introduction -- Rationale for use of a composite outcome -- Limitations of using composite outcomes -- Guidelines for creating a "good" composite outcome -- Reporting and interpreting composite outcomes -- Conclusion -- 6. Adjudication of outcomes-systems and approaches -- Summary -- Introduction -- Importance of adjudication -- Process of adjudication -- Existing methods of adjudication -- Web-based adjudication -- Conclusion -- 7. Subgroup analyses -- Summary -- Introduction -- Subgroup analysis defined -- Design of a subgroup analysis -- Reporting -- Interpretation -- Conclusion -- 8. Trial management-advance concepts and systems -- Summary -- Introduction -- Phases of clinical trials -- Common considerations in conducting a clinical trial -- Trial committees -- The search for funding -- Conclusion 9. Case-control studies -- Summary -- Introduction -- Definition of a case-control study -- Conclusion -- 10. Cohort studies -- Summary -- Introduction -- Cohort studies in the hierarchy of evidence -- Types of cohort study designs -- Methods for reducing confounding and assessing causality -- A checklist to evaluate or improve the strength of evidence -- Conclusion --; 11. Survey Design -- Summary -- Introduction -- Identifying a research question -- Survey development -- Survey design -- Using exiting surveys -- survey validataion -- Pilot testing -- Survey administration -- Ethical considerations -- Financial considerations -- Conclusion -- 12. Qualitative studies -- Summary -- Introduction -- What is qualitative research? -- How is qualitative research done? -- Conclusion -- 13. Economic analysis -- Summary -- Introduction -- Theoretical background -- Conducting health economics studies -- Conclusion -- 14. Literature searches -- Summary -- Introduction -- When to conduct a literature search -- How to conduct a literature search -- Study selection -- Assessing methodological quality of studies -- Data extraction and analysis -- Conclusion -- 15. Summary -- Introduction -- the P value does not assess the magnitude of a treatment effect -- The challenge of comparing results across studies -- Types of effect sizes -- Confidence intervals for effect sizes -- Use of effect size in meta-analysis -- Conclusion -- 16. Fixed effects versus random effects -- Summary -- Introduction -- the data pool: fixed effects versus random effects -- Deciding which model to use -- Conclusion -- 17. Heterogeneity -- Summary -- Introduction -- Heterogeneity defined -- Identifying heterogeneity -- Dealing with heterogeneity -- Conclusion -- 18. Uncovering publicatiion bias -- Summary -- Introduction -- Authors and publication bias -- Detecting and adjusting for publication bias -- Minimizing the effect of publication bias -- A possible solution: trial registers -- Conclusion -- 19. Statiecal pooling - programs and systems -- Summary -- Introduction -- Selectin the appropriate programs and systems: factors to consider --Review of programs and systems -- Types of programs and systems -- Recommendations -- Conclusion -- 20. Meta-analysis of observational studies -- Summary -- Introduction -- The observational data dilemma -- Conclusion -- 21. Meta-regression -- Summary -- Introduction -- Heterogeneity and meta-regression -- Meta-regression mechanics -- Interpreting a meta-regression -- Limitations of meta-regression -- Conclusion -- 22. Preparing a statistical analysis plan -- Summary -- Introduction -- Data management -- Statistical procedures -- Data safety and monitoring board -- Sample size -- Interim analysis -- Reports to investigators -- Sensitivity analysis -- Tables of presentation and publication -- Software -- Reporting guidelines -- General policies -- Privacy considerations -- Apendices -- What is in the literature about SAP? -- Conclusion --; 24. Survival analysis -- Summary -- Introduction -- Documenting time-to-event (survival) data -- the rationale for time-to-event (survival) analysis -- Methods for survival analysis -- Comparing groups -- Practical considerations in the desin of time-to-event studies -- Conclusion -- 25. Interim analyses in randomized trials -- Summary -- Introduction -- Interim analysis defined -- Design of an interim analysis -- Data monitoring committees -- Consequences of stopping early for benefit -- Conclusion -- 26. Conflicts of interest reporting -- Summary -- Introduction -- Legal implications -- Types of conflict of interest -- Who should disclose conflicts of interest? -- When must conflicts of interest be disclosed? -- Guidelines and recommendations for disclosure -- Why must personal financial interests be disclosed? -- Alternatives to disclosure policies -- Conclusion -- 27. Authorship-modern approaches and reporting -- Summary -- Introduction -- Academic stream -- Educational stream -- Industrial stream -- Popular media stream -- Conclusion -- 28. Randomized trials reporting checklists -- Summary -- Introduction -- Consort statement -- Nonpharmacological trials -- NPT extension to consort statement -- CLEAR NPT -- Conclusion -- 29. Observational studies reporting checklists -- Summary -- Introduction -- Checklist for observational studies: the STROBE statement -- Guide to investigators: how to used the STROBE statement -- The STROBE statement: explanations of checklist items -- Conclusion -- 30. Meta-analysis reporting checklists -- Summary -- Introduction -- Meta-analysis reporting checklists -- Conclusion -- Resources and contacts for surgical research -- Summary -- Introduction -- Mentorship -- Graduate programes -- Online courses -- Textbooks and journals -- Courses and workshops -- Contract research organizations -- Conclusion -- Glossary of terms.
- Advanced laparoscopic surgery. 2nd ed. 2010, SpringerGeneral concepts -- Cholecystectomy -- Common bile duct explorations and bilioenteric anastomosis -- Laparoscopic liver surgery -- Esophageal surgery -- Gastric surgery -- Appendectomy -- Colorectal procedures -- Small bowel obstruction -- Inguinal hernia repair -- Incisional and ventral hernia repair including component separation -- Splenectomy (total and partial) and splenopancreatectomy -- Adrenalectomy -- Bariatric surgery -- Single-access laparoscopic surgery (SALS) -- Advanced laparoscopic suturing techniques.
- Since the publication of the first edition of Urethral Reconstructive Surgery, important refinements have been added to the urologic surgical armamentarium. Extensively revised and updated, Advanced Male Urethral and Genital Reconstructive Surgery, Second Edition guides urologists in a practical manner on how to evaluate and manage complex urethral and male genital reconstructive challenges. Chapters have been added on wound healing, synchronous urethral strictures, non-transecting anastomotic urethroplasty (including muscle and vessel sparing), overlapping buccal grafts, male urethral slings, genital skin grafting, Peyronies surgery, priapism, pediatric strictures, and prosthetics. Such chapters greatly strengthen the overall appeal of the book. The volume closes with a new comprehensive appendix of preferred instruments. With broad contributions by international authorities in reconstructiveurologic surgery, Advanced Male Urethral and Genital Reconstructive Surgery, Second Edition is a valuable resource for all urologists, from residents to reconstructive surgeons.
- Advances in laparoscopy of the abdominal wall hernia 2014, SpringerWith an increase in the use of laparoscopic techniques for the treatment of abdominal wall hernias, this comprehensive book provides a detailed description of the most up-to-date techniques used in the laparoscopic repair of inguinal and ventral incisional hernias. Advances in Laparoscopy of the Abdominal Wall Hernia takes the reader step-by-step through two laparoscopic techniques used in inguinal hernia correction: Extraperitoneal (TEP) and Transabdominal (TAPP), and guides the reader through the fundamentals of ventral hernia repair. The authors aim to show methods of dealing with rarer hernias and those of atypical location. This book will also inform the reader of the various kinds of meshes used and provides knowledge on how to fix them, as well as the advantages, disadvantages and indications of this type of prosthesis. Written by experts in the field, Advances in Laparoscopy of the Abdominal Wall Hernia is a valuable reference tool to surgeons and medical practitioners working in this field.
- Advances in reconstructive vaginal surgery 2007, Ovid
- Aesthetic and reconstructive surgery of the breast 2010, ClinicalKeyDrs. Hall-Findlay and Evans' new Aesthetic and Reconstructive Surgery of the Breast has a purely surgical focus that covers the full scope of breast surgery. Coverage of hot topics includes new implant types, gel implants, fat injections to the breast for aesthetic enhancement, and fat injections for reconstruction. The book is organized into seven sections including reduction, mastopexy, augmentation, and more. Expert, international contributors deliver practical advice on the latest techniques, with a special emphasis on what can go wrong and how to avoid it. This full-color, templated reference comes with case studies and 16 video clips (both on web and on DVD) with approximately three hours of footage demonstrating key procedures. Video coverage includes form-stable high cohesive silicone gel implants, short scar with inferior pedicle, and sub-fascial breast augmentation. Expert Consult access enables you to search full text online and download images. Get practical advice on handling problems that occur in both reconstructive and aesthetic surgery Study various operative steps in depth with real-life clinical detail Avoid and/or deal with complications by referencing case examples and analyses with expert international counsel Watch the techniques first-hand with videos online and on the accompanying DVD, and watch experts performing the procedures Search the text's full content electronically, or download images and video for teaching purposes.
- Aesthetic breast surgery 2009, ClinicalKeyPre-operative evaluation, preparation and education of the breast augmentation patient -- Breast augmentation: incision selection -- Subpectoral approach for primary breast augmentation -- Saline implants: indications, techniques and precautions -- Silicone implants -- Semi-cohesive gel implants -- Subfascial transaxillary breast augmentation -- Secondary augmentation -- Breast reconstruction and augmentation using pre-expansion and autologous fat transplantation -- Tubular breasts -- Mastopexy: augmentation -- Periareolar/vertical/small horizontal scars -- Circumvertical breast reduction technique -- Vertical breast reduction -- Vertical mammaplasty -- No vertical scar breast reduction/mastopexy -- Breast shaping in the massive weight loss patient -- Complications in breast augmentation: maximizing patient outcomes with some surgical solutions to common problems.
- Aesthetic oculofacial rejuvenation 2010, ClinicalKeyOverview of the aesthetic approach -- Combining non-invasive therapies -- Skincare -- Chemical peels -- Lasers and intense light sources -- Photodynamic treatment -- Skin tightening devices -- Botulinum toxin for oculofacial aesthetic rejuvenation -- Facial fillers and volumizers -- Fat transfer -- Dark circles: a combination approach -- Minimally invasive laser lipolysis for facial and neck rejuvenation -- Mesotherapy -- Carbon dioxide therapy: face and body rejuvenation -- Cosmetic dentistry of the perioral area: the odontological point of view -- Importance of aesthetician in a cosmetic practice -- From the inside out: a psychotherapist's views on aesthetic enhancement -- Future of oculofacial rejuvenation: a perspective.
- Aesthetic plastic surgery 2009, ClinicalKeyOffice practice of plastic surgery -- Clinical photography for the aesthetic patient -- Anesthesia in aesthetic surgery -- Postoperative nausea and vomiting -- Patient safety in aesthetic surgery -- Facelift anatomy, SMAS, retaining ligaments and facial spaces -- Facelift with SMAS technique and FAME -- Facelift with SMAS technique and FAME -- Short scar facelift -- Foundation facelift -- The "High SMAS" facelift technique -- MACS facelift -- The multi-vectored rhytidoplasty -- The male facelift -- Endoscopic mid and lower face rejuvenation -- Endoscopic facial rejuvenation -- Facial rejuvenation in non-Caucasians -- Aesthetic facial microsurgery -- Midface lift -- Deep plane procedures in the neck -- Treatment of the male neck -- Managing submandibular glands -- Non-endoscopic limited incision browlift -- Coronal browlift -- Endoscopic browlift with internal fixation -- Transblepharoplasty browlift -- Suture suspension for face and neck -- Suture suspension for brow and upper face -- Conventional upper and lower blepharoplasty -- Lateral canthal suspension techniques -- Lid-cheek blending: the tear trough deformity -- Tarsal strip canthoplasty -- Blepharoplasty in the East Asian patient -- Treatment of blepharoplasty complications -- Autologous contouring the lower face -- Alloplastic chin augmentation -- Primary closed rhinoplasty -- Primary open rhinoplasty -- Secondary rhinoplasty --Nasal tip grafting with an "anatomic tip graft" and sizers -- Nasal tip grafting with an "anatomic tip graft" and sizers -- Correction of the deviated septum -- The ethnic rhinoplasty -- The Asian rhinoplasty -- Correcting the cleft lip nose -- Primary otoplasty and reconstruction -- Traditional inverted-T breast reduction -- Mastopexy with and without augmentation -- Pitanguy breast reduction -- Medial pedicle vertical mammaplasty -- Periareolar Benelli mastopexy and reduction: The "Round Block" -- Breast implants: background, safety and general considerations -- Breast augmentation -- The dual plane approach to breast augmentation -- Cohesive gel breast augmentation -- Difficult breast augmentations -- Breast reconstruction -- Nipple - areola reconstruction -- Pure aspiration lipoplasty -- Complications and corrections of lipoplasty -- New concepts in fat grafting -- Lipoabdominoplasty: Saldanha's technique -- Lipoabdominoplasty: Advanced techniques and technologies -- Non-surgical ultrasonic lipoplasty -- Ultrasound assisted liposuction -- Abdominoplasty techniques -- Brachioplasty -- Belt lipectomy: Lower body lift -- High lateral tension abdominoplasty -- Gluteal augmentation -- Botox® for face, neck and brow -- Lip augmentation -- Structural fat augmentation of the face and hands -- Hyaluronic acid injectable filler -- Non-hyaluronic acid fillers for facial augmentation -- Laser resurfacing -- Fractional resurfacing -- Total facial alloplastic augmentation -- Chemical peels and dermabrasion.
- Aesthetic plastic surgery video atlas 2012, ClinicalKeyPatient Assessment -- Skin Care Including Chemical Peeling -- Non-surgical Facial Rejuventation with Fillers -- Botulinum Toxin -- Laser Facial Resurfacing and Dermabrasion -- Management of Alopecia -- Forehead Rejuvenation -- Periorbital Rejuvenation -- Facelift with SMAS Flaps -- Neck Rejuvenation -- Primary Rhinoplasty -- Secondary Rhinoplasty -- Genioplasty -- Aesthetic Contouring of the Craniofacial Skeleton -- Augmentation of Facial Structures with Autologous Fat -- Breast Augmentation -- Breast Reduction -- Mastopexy -- Liposculpture -- Abdominoplasty -- Bodylifts and Post Massive Weight Loss Body Contouring -- Surgical Management of Migraine Headaches.
- Aesthetic surgery of the abdominal wall 2005, Springer
- Aesthetic surgery of the facial mosaic 2007, Springer
- Anal fistula principles and management 2014, Springer1. Epidemiology, Incidence and Prevalence of Fistula in Ano / Richard L. Nelson and Herand Abcarian -- 2. Applied Anatomy / Russell K. Pearl -- 3. Relationship of Abscess to Fistula / Hernand Abcarian -- 4. Classification and Treatment of Anorectal Infections / Adrian E. Ortega and Kyle G. Cologne -- 5. Clinical Assessment of Anal Fistulas / Herand Abcarian -- 6. Clinical Assessment and Imaging Modalities of Fistula in Ano / Kyle G. Cologne, Juan Antonio Villanueva-Herrero, Enrique Montaño-Torres, and Adrian E. Ortega -- 7. Classification and Management Strategies / Herand Abcarian -- 8. Seton (Loose, Cutting, Chemical) / Varnsi R. Velchuru -- 9. Fistulotomy and Lay Open Technique / Philip Tozer and Robin K.S. Phillips -- 10. Fistulectomy with Primary Sphincter Reconstruction / Alexander Herold -- 11. Fibrin Sealant / Jose R. Cintron -- 12. Biologic Fistula Plugs / Samuel Eisenstein and Alex Jenny Ky -- 13. Synthetic Fistula Plug / Alex Jenny Ky, Michael Polcino, and Alero T. Nanna -- 14. Endorectal Advancement Flap / Christine C. Jensen -- 15. Dermal Advancement Flap / Christine C. Jensen -- 16. Ligation of Intersphincteric Fistula Tract (LIFT) / Ariane M. Abcarian -- 17. Video-Assisted Anal Fistula Teatment (VAAFT) / Piercarlo Meinero and Lorenzo Mori -- 18. Stem Cell Application in Fistula Disease / Damian Garcia-Olmo and Hector Guadalajara-Labajo -- 19. Crohn's Disease / James Fleshman and Rachel Tay -- 20. Tuberculosis Fistula / Pravin Jaiprakash Gupta -- 21. Fistula Surgery in the Era of Evidence-Based Medicine / Richard L. Nelson and Hernand Abcarian -- 22. Causes of Operative Failure / Mohammad Ali Abbass and Maher Aref Abbas 23. Recurrence/Persistence After Fistula Teatmcnt: What Next? / Hernand Abcarian.
- Anatomic basis of tumor surgery. 2nd ed. 2010, Springer
- Anesthesia and perioperative care for aortic surgery 2011, SpringerApplied anatomy of the aorta -- Acute aortic syndrome -- Preoperative cardiac evaluation before aortic surgery -- Role of echocardiography in aortic surgery -- Operative techniques in surgery of the proximal thoracic aorta and aortic arch -- Anesthesia for surgery of the ascending aorta and aortic arch -- Deep hypothermic circulatory arrest -- Cerebral monitoring during aortic surgery -- Understanding open repair of the descending thoracic and thoracoabdominal aorta -- Anesthesia for descending aortic surgery -- Spinal cord protection strategies -- Understanding endovascular aortic surgery: Endovascular repair of aortic aneurysmal disease -- Anesthesia for endovascular aortic surgery -- Anesthesia for open abdominal aortic aneurysm repair -- Renal protection strategies -- Comprehansive management of patients with traumatic aortic injury -- Anesthesia for adult congenital aortic surgery -- Atherosclerosis of the aorta and prevention of neurological dysfunction after cardiac surgery -- Postoperative care after aortic surgery.
- Anesthesia in cosmetic surgery 2007, CambridgePropofol ketamine with bispectral index (BIS) monitoring / Barry L. Friedberg -- Preoperative instructions, intraoperative environment / Barry L. Friedberg -- Level-of-consciousness monitoring / Scott D. Kelley -- The dissociative effect and preemptive analgesia / Barry L. Friedberg -- Special needs of cosmetic dental patients / James A. Snyder -- Propofol Ketamine in the UK, Propofol Ketamine beyond cosmetic surgery / Chris Pollock -- Propofol Ketamine beyond cosmetic surgery : implications for military medicine and mass-casualty anesthesia / Joel W. McMasters -- Lidocaine use and toxicity in cosmetic surgery / Adam Frederic Dorin -- Local anesthetic blocks in head and neck surgery / Joseph Niamtu -- Local anesthetics and surgical considerations for body contouring / Roger Wade Pielet -- Intravenous anesthesia for cosmetic surgery / David Barinholtz -- Regional anesthesia for cosmetic surgery / Holly Evans and Susan M. Steele -- General inhalation anesthesia for cosmetic surgery / Meena Desai -- Preanesthetic assessment of the cosmetic surgery patient / Norman Levin -- Psychological aspects of cosmetic surgery / David B. Sarwer, Canice E. Crerand, and Lauren M. Gibbons -- The business of the office-based anesthesia for cosmetic surgery / Marc E. Koch -- The politics of office-based anesthesia / David Barinholtz -- Staying out of trouble : the medicolegal perspective / Ann Lofsky.
- Neurosurgery -- Ophthalmic surgery -- Otolaryngology/head and neck surgery -- Dental surgery -- Thoracic surgery -- Cardiovascular surgery -- General surgery -- Obstetric/gynecologic surgery -- Urology -- Orthopedic surgery -- Plastic and reconstructive surgery -- Pediatric surgery -- Out-of-operating room procedures -- Office-based anesthesia -- Emergency procedures for the anesthesiologist.
- This practical and instructional guidebook, written by international experts in anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) reconstruction, covers all challenging aspects of ACL rupture in the acute and chronic setting. It covers the latest, spectacular anatomical findings, treatment of partial ACL tears, various techniques for single- and double-bundle ACL reconstruction, and complex ACL revision surgery. Important surgical steps are clearly described with the help of instructive, high-quality photographs. Important tips, tricks, and pitfalls are highlighted and intra- and postoperative complications, rehabilitation, and prevention of re-rupture are discussed. All authors are prominent and experienced ACL surgeons.
- Aortic root surgery the biological solution 2010, Springer
- Artificial organs 2009, Springer
- The ASCRS Manual of Colon and Rectal Surgery, Second Edition is designed to provide a rapid access pocket reference for residents, fellows, private clinicians, and allied health professionals caring for patients with colorectal surgical diseases. The Manual, abstracted from the ASCRS Textbook of Colon and Rectal Surgery, Second Edition, is intended to impart succinct, clinically relevant information for daily patient care. The chapters take an evidence-based approach and many provide ASCRS practice parameters. The contents are presented consistently, with concise overviews of the most clinically relevant topics. The disease chapters discuss etiology, anatomic considerations, patient evaluation, lab results, imaging, diagnosis and treatment. The surgical chapters address these same issues, in addition to discussion of minimally invasive versus open techniques, possible complications, and perioperative care. The Manual also includes anatomical and technique drawings, operative photos and algorithms. Concise yet comprehensive, The ASCRS Manual of Colon and Rectal Surgery, Second Edition is very useful for physicians and researchers dealing with diseases of the colon and rectum.
- ASCRS textbook of colon and rectal surgery 2007, Springer
- ASCRS textbook of colon and rectal surgery. 2nd ed. 2011, SpringerThis is the first official textbook of the American Society of Colon and Rectal Surgeons (ASCRS) (www.fascrs.org) that adheres to the principals of evidence-based practice and utilizes ASCRS practice parameters. Written by top experts in the specialty, each chapter correlates with the core curriculum developed by the Program Director's Association in Colorectal Surgery. Chapters include Anatomy, Physiology, Genetics, Diagnostic Evaluation, and Perioperative Management.
- Ashcraft's Pediatric surgery. Sixth edition [6th ed.] 2014, ClinicalKeyAcclaimed for its unsurpassed readability and manageable scope, Ashcraft's Pediatric Surgery presents authoritative, practical guidance on treating the entire range of general surgical and urological problems in infants, children, and adolescents. State-of-the-art, expert coverage equips you to implement all the latest approaches and achieve optimal outcomes for all of your patients. Make the most effective use of today's best open and minimally invasive techniques, including single-site umbilical laparoscopic surgery, with guidance from internationally recognized experts in the field. Focus on evidence-based treatments and outcomes to apply today's best practices.
- Atlas of abdominal wall reconstruction. 1st ed. 2012, ClinicalKeySection 1. Anatomy -- section 2. Laparoscopic repairs -- section 3. Open repairs -- section 4. Component separation -- section 5. Other abdominal wall procedures -- section 6. Mesh choices.
- Atlas of abdominoplasty 2008, ClinicalKeyHighly Commended, Dermatology, BMA Awards 2009 Completely updated throughout--and still the only reference of its kind--the new edition of this well-respected resource offers you a practical guide for the evaluation, diagnosis, and management of a full range of common and uncommon obstetric and gynecologic skin disorders. Expanded coverage--including chapters on vulval vaginal disease help you meet more clinical challenges, while more than 460 illustrations emphasize pathologic and clinical appearances of dermatologic problems, providing essential visual guidance for the most informed diagnoses. Enhanced basic dermatologic information, such as general introductions to treatment, treatment options, and rashes, makes this an excellent guide for dermatologist and non-dermatologists, as well as obstetricians and gynecologists.
- Atlas of advanced endoaortic surgery 2013, SpringerThe Cardiovascular Hybrid Operating Room -- Advanced Computed Tomography Imaging, Workstations, and Planning Tools -- Intravascular Ultrasound Applications for Endoaortic Surgery --Jacques Kpodonu and Stéphan Haulon -- Devices and Accessories in Endoaortic Surgery -- Access Techniques -- Spinal Cord Protection -- Endovascular Applications for Abdominal Aortic Pathologies -- Endovascular Applications for Aortoiliac Pathologies -- Endovascular Applications for Thoracic Aortic Pathologies -- Endovascular Applications for Thoracoabdominal Pathologies -- Endovascular Applications for Arch-Aortic Pathologies -- Complications in Endoaortic Surgery: Endoleaks After Endovascular Repair of the Abdominal Aorta -- Future Technology and Customized Solutions for Endoaortic Surgery.
- Atlas of advanced operative surgery 2012, ClinicalKeySection I Head and Neck -- ch. 1 Radical Neck Dissection / Jesus E. Medina -- ch. 2 Modified Neck Dissection / Ashok R. Shaha -- ch. 3 Superficial Parotidectomy / Ashok R. Shaha -- ch. 4 Excision of Submandibular Gland and Submandibular Triangle Dissection / Jesus E. Medina -- Section II Thoracic -- ch. 5 Radical Pneumonectomy / Lorenzo Spaggiari -- ch. 6 Resection Of Pulmonary Metastases / Jack A. Roth -- ch. 7 Video-Assisted Thoracoscopic Lobectomy / Ali Mahtabifard -- ch. 8 Thoracoscopic Lung Biopsy / Ali Mahtabifard -- ch. 9 Lung Volume Reduction Surgery / Michael K.Y. Hsin -- ch. 10 Chest Wall Resection/Reconstruction / Antonio Briccoli -- Section III Esophagus -- ch. 11 Radical Esophagectomy With Two- Or Three-Field Lymphadenectomy / Herbert Decaluwe -- ch. 12 Transhiatal Esophagectomy Via Laparoscopy And Transmediastinal Endodissection / Riccardo Rosati -- ch. 13 Laparothoracoscopic Esophagectomy / James D. Luketich -- ch. 14 Esophagectomy By Thoracoscopy In Prone Position Followed by Laparoscopy and Cervicotomy / Giovanni Dapri -- ch. 15 Esophageal Reconstruction With Colonic Interposition / Zeno I. Popovici -- ch. 16 Operative Approach To Zenker Diverticulum / Richard L. Scher -- ch. 17 Transthoracic Fundoplication: Belsey Fundoplication / James D. Luketich -- ch. 18 Laparoscopic Approach For Achalasia And Epiphrenic Diverticulum / Riccardo Rosati -- Section IV Stomach/Small Intestine -- ch. 19 Total Gastrectomy With D2 Lymph Node Dissection / Takeo Fukagawa -- ch. 20 Laparoscopy-Assisted Distal Gastrectomy With Lymphadenectomy / Norio Shiraishi -- ch. 21 Laparoscopic Vagotomy and Seromyotomy with Antrectomy / Namir Katkhouda -- ch. 22 Laparoscopic Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass Surgery / Henry Buchwald -- ch. 23 Laparoscopic Adjustable Gastric Banding / Giovanni Dapri -- ch. 24 Laparoscopic Gastric Sleeve Resection With Duodenal Switch / Michel Gagner -- ch. 25 Laparoscopic Nissen Fundoplication / Michel Gagner -- ch. 26 Laparoscopic Paraesophageal Hernia Repair / Namir Katkhouda -- Section V Pancreas -- ch. 27 Pancreaticoduodenectomy with or Without Distal Gastrectomy and Radical Lymphadenectomy / Charles J. Yeo -- ch. 28 Pancreaticoduodenectomy with Superior Mesentericoportal Venous Resection / Sandesh Kumar Sharma -- ch. 29 Distal Subtotal Pancreatectomy with and Without Spleen Preservation / Laureano Fernandez-Cruz -- ch. 30 Total Pancreatectomy / Jacqueline Y. Tracey -- ch. 31 Central Pancreatectomy / Irinel Popescu -- ch. 32 Extended Pancreatectomy with Resection of the Celiac Axis (Appleby Operation) / Irinel Popescu -- ch. 33 Beger and Frey Procedure for Chronic Pancreatitis / Bertram Poch -- ch. 34 Laparoscopic Pancreatic Pseudocyst Drainage / Stephen M. Kavic -- Section VI Spleen -- ch. 35 Laparoscopic Splenectomy / Ara Darzi -- Section VII Hepatobiliary --ch. 36 Right and Left Trisectionectomies / Olivier Scatton -- ch. 37 Resection of the Caudate Lobe / Ho-Seong Han -- ch. 38 Hepatectomy with Inferior Vena Cava Resection and Reconstruction / Alan W. Hemming -- ch. 39 Transverse Hepatectomy / Ferenc Jakab -- ch. 40 Mesohepatectomy / Mark S. Roh -- ch. 41 Liver Segmentectomies / Henri Bismuth -- ch. 42 Hepatic Artery Infusion Pump Placement / Anthony J. Froix -- ch. 43 Resection Hilar C. Cholangiocarcinoma with En Bloc Hepatectomy / Henri Bismuth -- ch. 44 Radical Cholecystectomy/Liver Bed Resection With Regional Lymph Node Dissection / Masatoshi Makuuehi -- ch. 45 Laparoscopic Approach To Hepatic Cysts / David A. Geller -- ch. 46 Resection of Congenital Bile Duct Cysts / Jean-Yves Mabrut -- ch. 47 Laparoscopic Left Lateral Hepatic Lobectomy / Catherine Hubert -- ch. 48 Laparoscopic Common Bile Duct Exploration / Demetrius E.M. Litwin -- ch. 49 Laparoscopic Radiofrequency Ablation of Liver Tumors / David A. Geller -- ch. 50 Variceal Decompression: Distal Splenorenal, Portocaval, and Mesocaval Shunts / J. Michael Henderson -- ch. 51 Natural Orifice Transluminal Endoscopic Cholecystectomy / Ricardo Zorron -- ch. 52 Insertion of the Denver Peritoneovenous Shunt / Claudio Zanon -- Section VIII Colorectal -- ch. 53 Restorative Proctocolectomy with J-Pouch Ileoanal Anastomosis / Fabrizio Michelassi -- ch. 54 Total Mesorectal Excision with Colonic J-Pouch Coloanal Reconstruction for Rectal Cancer / Richard J. Heald -- ch. 55 Laparoscopic Abdominoperineal Resection of the Rectum / Ferdinand Kockerling -- ch. 56 Total Pelvic Exenteration with Distal Sacrectomy for Fixed Locally Recurrent Rectal Cancer / Keisuke Uehara -- ch. 57 Pelvic Exenteration: Total/Anterior/Posterior / Seiji Ishiguro -- ch. 58 Laparoscopic Rectopexy For Rectal Prolapse / K. Thomas Moesta -- ch. 59 Laparoscopic Colon Resection (Right, Left, Sigmoid) / John H. Pemberton -- ch. 60 Surgical Procedures for Peritoneal Surface Malignancy / Lana Bijelic -- Section IX Lymph Node Dissections -- ch. 61 Radical Superficial and Deep Groin Dissection / Theo Wobbes -- ch. 62 Popliteal Lymph Node Dissection / Schlomo Schneebaum -- ch. 63 Radical Axillary Dissection / Eliad Karin -- ch. 64 Composite Axillary and Supraclavicular Lymph Node Dissection / Harald J.J. Hoekstra -- Section X Radical Amputations -- ch. 65 Forequarter Amputation / Vijay P. Khatri -- ch. 66 Hip Disarticulation / Costantino Errani -- Section XI Endocrine Surgery -- ch. 67 Total Thyroidectomy with Central Neck Dissection / Orlo H. Clark -- ch. 68 Revision Parathyroidectomy / Quan-Yang Duh -- ch. 69 Laparoscopic Adrenalectomy (Right And Left) / Mitchell A. Cahan -- ch. 70 Minimally Invasive Parathyroidectomy / Catharina Ihre Lundgren --ch. 71 Videothoracoscopic Thymectomy / Anthony P.C. Yim -- Section XII Urology -- ch. 72 Radical Nephrectomy With Inferior Vena Cava Tumor Thrombectomy / Mark S. Soloway -- ch. 73 Radical Cystectomy / Donald G. Skinner -- ch. 74 Laparoscopic Retroperitoneal Lymph Node Dissection for Low-Stage Nonseminomatous Testis Cancer / Guenter Janetschek -- ch. 75 Laparoscopic Nephrectomy / Michael Marberger -- Section XIII Gynecology -- ch. 76 Nerve-Sparing Radical Abdominal Hysterectomy with Regional Lymphadenectomy / Antonino Ditto -- ch. 77 Radical Vulvectomy with Groin Dissection / Francesco Hanozet -- ch. 78 Surgical Management of Ovarian Cancer / David M. Gershenson -- Section XIV Breast -- ch. 79 Nipple- and Areola-Sparing Mastectomy / Francesca De Lorenzi -- ch. 80 Skin-Sparing Mastectomy and Sentinel Lymph Node Biopsy / Grant W. Carlson -- Section XV Hernia -- ch. 81 Laparoscopic Ventral Hernia Repair / Nathaniel J. Soper -- ch. 82 Preperitoneal Repair of Recurrent Hernia with Giant Prosthesis (Stoppa Repair) / Rene Stoppa -- ch. 83 Laparoscopic Transabdominal Preperitoneal Repair of Inguinofemoral Hernia / Nathaniel J. Soper -- Section XVI Soft Tissue/Bone Resection -- ch. 84 Anterior Thigh Tumor Resection / Frederick R. Eilber -- ch. 85 Posterior Thigh Tumor Resection / Vijay P. Khatri -- ch. 86 Resection of Flexor Fossa (Axilla and Groin) Sarcoma / Frederick R. Eilber -- ch. 87 Scapular Resections / Laura Campanacci -- ch. 88 Tikhoff-Linberg Procedure and Modifications for Shoulder Girdle Resections / Martin M. Malawer -- ch. 89 Total and Subtotal Sacrectomy for En Bloc Resections of Primary Tumors of the Sacrum / Ziya L. Gokaslan -- ch. 90 Abdominoinguinal Incision for Resection of Pelvic Tumors / Paul H. Sugarbaker -- ch. 91 External Hemipelvectomy / Jose Carlos Marques de Faria -- ch. 92 Total Internal Hemipelvectomy / Ademar Lopes -- Section XVII Vascular Surgery -- ch. 93 Carotid Endarterectomy/Stent Placement / Bruce L. Gewertz -- ch. 94 Endovascular Repair of Abdominal Aortic Aneurysms / Leo J. Schultze Kool -- ch. 95 Laparoscopic Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm Repair / Olivier Goeau-Brissonniere -- ch. 96 Axillofemoral Bypass / Bruce L. Gewertz -- ch. 97 Renal Artery Revascularization / Christopher K. Zarins -- ch. 98 Celiac And Mesenteric Artery Revascularization / Christopher K. Zarins -- ch. 99 Thoracoscopic First Rib Resection for Thoracic Outlet Syndrome / Alvin H. Crawford -- ch. 100 Femorodistal (Peroneal/Dorsalis Pedis) Bypass for Occlusive Disease.
- Atlas of aesthetic breast surgery 2009, ClinicalKeyApplied anatomy -- Optimizing success in aesthetic breast surgery -- Implant basics -- Breast augmentation -- Mastopexy -- Augmentation mastopexy -- Breast reduction -- Management of the tuberous breast -- Management of gynecomastia.
- Atlas of breast surgery 2006, Springer
- Atlas of breast surgical techniques 2010, ClinicalKeyAspiration of a breast cyst -- Incision and drainage of an abscess -- Ultrasound-guided percutaneous excisional biopsy -- Stereotactic breast biopsy -- Breast ductoscopy -- Excisional breast biopsy of palpable or nonpalpable lesions -- Needle localization breast biopsy -- Radioisotope occult lesion localization -- Cryoablation-assisted lumpectomy -- Excision followed by radiofrequency ablation -- Axillary sentinel lymph node biopsy -- Mediastinal sentinel lymph node biopsy -- Axillary lymph node dissection -- Axillary reverse mapping -- Simple mastectomy -- Simple extended and modified radical mastectomy -- Oncoplastic approaches to the partial mastectomy for breast conservation therapy -- Breast reconstruction postmastectomy with tissue expanders and alloderm -- Tissue breast reconstruction -- Utility of reduction mammoplasty techniques in oncoplastic surgery -- Chest wall resection -- Forequarter amputation -- Mammosite balloon catheter placement and other brachytherapy delivery devices -- In vivo intraoperative radiation therapy for breast cancer -- Targeted intraoperative radiation therapy (TARGIT).
- Atlas of cardiac surgical techniques a volume in the Surgical techniques atlas series 2010, ClinicalKey1. Incisions for cardiac surgery -- 2. Cannulation techniques for cardiopulmonary bypass -- 3. On-pump coronary artery bypass grafting -- 4. Off-pump coronary artery bypass grafting -- 5. Endoscopic and traditional minimally invasive direct coronary artery bypass -- 6. Minimally invasive cardiac surgical coronary artery bypass grafting -- 7. Robotic coronary artery bypass grafting -- 8. Postinfarction ventricular septal defect -- 9. Aortic valve replacement -- 10. Aortic root enlargement techniques -- 11. Aortic valve-sparing operations -- 12. Bentall procedure -- 13. Aortic homografts -- 14. Ross procedure -- 15. Repair of the myxomatous degenerated mitral valve -- 16. Minimally invasive mitral valve repracement: partial sternotomy approach -- 17. Percutaneous mitral valve repair techniques -- 18. Tricuspid valve operations -- 19. Type A aortic dissections -- 20. Type B aortic dissections -- 21. Aortic arch aneurysms -- 22. Thoracoabdominal aneurysms -- 23. Thoracic endovascular aortic repair for descending thoracic aortic and aortic arch aneurysms -- 24. Surgery for atrial fibrillation -- 25. Surgery for left ventricular aneurysm and remodeling -- 26. Pulsatile and axial ventricular support -- 27. Heart transplantation -- 28. Heart-lung transplantation.
- Atlas of cosmetic surgery. 2nd ed. 2009, ClinicalKeyUnderstanding the Cosmetic Surgery Patient -- Understanding Facial Expression -- Understanding Facial Expression -- Evaluation of the Aging Face -- Imaging -- Anesthesia -- Office-based Sedation and Monitoring -- Topical Skin Care -- Skin Camouflage -- Chemical Peels -- Lasers in the Treatment of Vascular Lesions -- Lasers in the Treatment of Pigmented Lesions -- Lasers in the Treatment of Pigmented Lesions -- Nonablative Rejuvenation -- Nonsurgical Tissue Tightening -- Ablative and Microablative Skin Resurfacing -- Photodynamic Therapy -- Botulinum Type A Toxin Injections for Cosmetic Use and Hyperhidrosis -- Soft Tissue Augmentation -- Autologous Fat Transplantation -- Tumescent Liposuction -- Hair Transplantation -- Scar Management: Keloid, Hypertrophic, Atrophic, and Acne Scars -- Aesthetic Surgical Closure -- Dermabrasion -- Leg Vein Management -- Blepharoplasty -- Suture Suspension Lifts -- Face-lifts.
- Atlas of digestive endoscopic resection 2014, SpringerDiagnostic Techniques in Gastrointestinal Disease -- Device and Equipment for Endoscopic Therapy -- Endoscopic Mucosal Resection (EMR) -- Endoscopic Submucosal Dissection (ESD) -- Endoscopic Resection for Submucosal Tumors -- Tunnel Endoscopic Surgery.
- Atlas of endocrine surgical techniques 2010, ClinicalKeyThyroidectomy for nodules or small cancers / Christopher R. McHenry -- Thyroidectomy for locally advanced cancer / Ashok R. Shaha -- Thyroidectomy for large or substernal goiters / Shane Y. Morita and Martha A. Zeiger -- Reoperative thyroid surgery / Jacob Moalem and Wen T. Shen -- Lymph node dissection for thyroid cancer / Miriam N. Lango and John A. Ridge -- Surgical anatomy, intraoperative neural monitoring, and operative management of the RLN and SLN / Gregory W. Randolph -- Bilateral neck exploration for primary hyperparathroidism / Andrew B. Greene, Mira Milas, and Allan E. Siperstein -- Minimally invasive parathyroidectomy / Leigh Delbridge and Todd McMullen -- Minimally invasive video-assisted thyroidectomy and parathyroidectomy / Paolo Miccoli, Gabriele Materazzi, and Piero Berti -- Minimally invasive parathyroidectomy : gamma probe guided / Susan C. Pitt and Herbert Chen -- Laparoscopic adrenalectomy : lateral approach / Geoffrey B. Thompson and John R. Porterfield -- Laparoscopic retroperitoneal adrenalectomy / James Lee -- Open adrenalectomy for cancer / Douglas B. Evans, Jean-Nicholas Vauthey, and Jeffrey E. Lee -- Laparoscopic pancreatic enucleation or resection for neuroendocrine tumor / Andrew A. Gumbs and William B. Inabnet -- Pancreatoduodenectomy for neuroendocrine tumor / Matthew L. White and Gerard M. Doherty.
- Atlas of essential procedures 2011, ClinicalKeySection 1. Dermatology -- section 2. Obstetrics -- section 3. Women's health -- section 4. Ultrasound -- section 5. Urgent/hospital care -- section 6. Gastroenterology procedures -- section 7. Musculoskeletal procedures.
- Atlas of general surgical techniques 2010, ClinicalKey
- Atlas of gynecologic surgical pathology. Third edition [3rd ed.] 2014, ClinicalKeyRapidly and accurately identify gynecologic tumors and related lesions with the updated Atlas of Gynecologic Surgical Pathology. Complete with hundreds of photographs, this medical reference book provides you with the know-how you need to perform state-of-the-art gynecologic diagnoses, right at your own microscope. Quickly and effortlessly find the essential information you need with summary tables, charts, and boxes throughout the text. Expedite reference with a consistent approach to every entity discussed, including definitions, clinical features, gross features, microscopic features, and differential diagnoses. Avoid diagnostic errors with comprehensive coverage of commonly encountered pitfalls.
- Atlas of head & neck surgery 2011, ClinicalKeyClinical Diagnostic Nasopharyngoscopy -- Diagnostic Clinical Pharyngoscopy and Laryngoscopy -- Operative Pharyngoscopy and Laryngoscopy -- Operative Esophagoscopy and Percutaneous Gastrostomy -- Operative Bronchoscopy -- Tracheotomy -- Laryngotracheal Reconstruction for Subglottic and Proximal Tracheal Stenosis -- Laryngotracheal Reconstruction for Subglottic and Proximal Tracheal Stenosis -- Surgery for Unilateral Vocal Fold Paralysis -- Excision of Saccular Cysts and Laryngoceles -- Drainage of Deep Space Neck Infections -- Thyroglossal Duct Cyst Excision (Sistrunk Procedure) -- Branchial Cleft Cyst Excision -- Operations on the Cervical Esophagus and Cervical Spine -- Cricopharyngeal Myotomy and Surgical Management of Zenker's Diverticulum -- Defatting Tracheotomy -- Radical Neck Dissection -- Modified Radical Neck Dissection -- Selective Neck Dissection, Levels I-III (Supraomohyoid Neck Dissection) -- Selective Neck Dissection, Levels I-IV and II-IV (Anterolateral and Lateral Neck Dissection) -- Posterolateral Neck Dissection -- Retropharyngeal Lymph Node Dissection -- Sentinel Lymph Node Biopsy -- Superficial Parotidectomy -- Submandibular Gland Excision -- Excision of Ranula -- Parapharyngeal Space Tumor -- Resection of Carotid Body Tumor -- Transoral Resections -- Extended Approaches to the Oropharynx : Mandibular Swing and Cheek Flap -- Transoral Robotic Surgery -- Composite Resection with Segmental Mandibulectomy -- Transhyoid and Lateral Pharyngotomy -- Exam Under Anesthesia for the Patient with Cancer : Direct Laryngopharyngoscopy and Mucosal Tatouage -- Horizontal Supraglottic Laryngectomy -- Supracricoid Partial Laryngectomy with Cricohyoidopexy or Cricohyoidoepiglottopexy -- Total Laryngectomy -- Stomaplasty for Hands-Free Voice with Tracheoesophageal Puncutre -- Tracheoesophageal Puncture in the Clinic via Transnasal Esophagoscopy -- Transoral Laser Microsurgery : Supraglottic Laryngectomy -- Transoral Laser Resection of Glottic Tumors -- Transfacial Approaches : Lateral Rhinotomy and Weber-Fergusson -- Transfacial Approaches : Lateral Rhinotomy and Weber-Fergusson -- Craniofacial Resection -- Lateral and Subtotal Temporal Bone Resection -- Thyroid Lobectomy and Isthmusectomy -- Subtotal and Total Thyroidectomy -- Video-Assisted Thyroidectomy -- Robotic Thyroidectomy : Surgical Technique for Lobectomy via Axillary Incision Without Carbon Dioxide Insufflation -- Paratracheal and Superior Mediastinal Dissection (Transcervical) -- Transcervical Thymectomy and Superior Mediastinal Dissection -- Targeted Parathyroidectomy -- Open Parathyroidectomy -- Video-Assisted Parathyroidectomy -- Split-Thickness Skin Graft -- Cervicofacial Rotation Flap -- Deltopectoral Flap -- Pectoralis Major Myocutaneous Flap -- Trapezius Flap -- Latissimus Dorsi Myocutaneous Flap -- Neural Reconstruction.
- Atlas of intestinal stomas 2012, SpringerIntestinal Stomas: Historical Overview --Gastrointestinal Anatomy --Structure and Function of the Large Bowel --Physiologic and Metabolic Effects of Intestinal Stomas --Quality of Life of the Ostomate --Wound, Ostomy, and Continence/Enterostomal Therapy (WOC/ET) Nursing --Ileostomy --Medical Management of the High-Output Enterostomy and Enterocutaneous Fistula --Intestinal Stomas and the Biliary Tree --Continent Ileostomy --Colostomy: Types, Indications, Formation, and Reversal --Laparoscopic Ostomy Surgery --Ostomies in Trauma --CCF Color Photo Gallery --Stomas Via Percutaneous Endoscopy --Gastrointestinal Stomas in Infants and Children --Antegrade Colonic Enema (ACE) --Urinary Stomas --Enterocutaneous Fistula --Parastomal Hernia --Surgical Treatment of Peristomal Skin Conditions --Stoma Prolapse --Challenging Stomas.
- Atlas of lacrimal surgery 2007, Springer
- Atlas of minimally invasive surgery 2009, ClinicalKeyMinimally Invasive Esophagectomy -- Laparoscopic Esophagomyotomy -- Laparoscopic Nissen Fundoplication -- Laparoscopic Hiatal Herniorrhaphy -- Laparoscopic Total Gastrectomy for Malignancy -- Laparoscopic Gastric Bypass with Roux-en-Y Gastrojejunostomy -- Laparoscopic Adjustable Gastric Banding -- Minimally Invasive Sleeve Gastrectomy -- Minimally Invasive Biliopancreatic Diversion with Duodenal Switch -- Risk Assessment as a Guide to Thrombosis Prophylaxis in Bariatric Surgical Patients -- Minimally Invasive Procedures on the Small -- Laparoscopic Feeding Gastrostomy and Jejunostomy -- Hand-Assisted Minimally Invasive Right Colectomy -- Minimally Invasive Transverse Colectomy -- Minimally Invasive Left Colectomy -- Minimally Invasive Total Colectomy -- Minimally Invasive Low Anterior Resection and Abdominal Perineal Resection -- Minimally Invasive Proctocolectomy and Ileal Pouch-Anal Anastomosis -- Laparoscopic Appendectomy -- Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy -- Laparoscopic Common Bile Duct Exploration and Intraoperative Cholangiography -- Laparoscopic Hepaticojejunostomy -- Minimally Invasive Distal Pancreatectomy -- Minimally Invasive Splenectomy -- Minimally Invasive Transperitoneal Nephrectomy -- Minimally Invasive Adrenalectomy -- Laparoscopic Preperitoneal Inguinal Hernia Repair -- Laparoscopic Transabdominal Preperitoneal Inguinal Hernia Repair -- Laparoscopic Ventral Hernia Repair -- Laparoscopic Repair of Diaphragmatic Hernia Not Involving the Hiatus -- Antimicrobial Prophylaxis in the Era of Laparoscopic Surgery -- Antimicrobial Prophylaxis in the Era of Laparoscopic Surgery -- Instrumentation in Laparoscopic Surgery.
- Atlas of minimally invasive surgery in esophageal carcinoma 2010, Springer
- Atlas of minimally invasive surgical techniques 2012, ClinicalKeyZenker's Diverticulum -- Minimally Invasive Esophagectomy -- Heller Myotomy with Toupet or Dor Fundoplication for Achalasia -- Nissen Fundoplication -- Paraesophageal Hernia -- Gastric Wedge Resection -- Peptic Ulcer Surgery -- Cholecystectomy -- Liver Resection -- Transgastric Cystgastrostomy -- Distal Pancreatic Resection -- Pancreaticojejunostomy (Puestow Procedure) -- Splenectomy -- Adrenalectomy -- Total Extraperitoneal (TEP) Hernia Repair -- Ventral Incisional Hernia -- Endoscopic Component Separation -- Peritoneal Dialysis Catheter Placement -- Appendectomy -- Hand-Assisted Right Colectomy -- Right Hemicolectomy -- Left Colon Resection (Medial to Lateral Approach) -- Total Proctocolectomy with Ileal-pouch Anal Anastomosis -- Roux en-Y Gastric Bypass (linear stapler) -- Handsewn Gastrojejunal Anastomosis -- Adjustable Gastric Banding -- Complications of Adjustable Gastric Banding -- Sleeve Gastrectomy.
- Atlas of minimally invasive thoracic surgery (VATS). 1st ed. 2011, ClinicalKeySection 1. General topics -- section 2. Lobectomies and pneumonectomies -- section 3. Segmentectomies -- section 4. Mediastinal and esophageal procedures -- section 5. Miscellaneous topics.
- Atlas of pediatric laparoscopy and thoracoscopy 2008, ClinicalKeyHistory of Minimally Invasive Surgery -- Principles of Laparoscopic Surgery -- Laparoscopic Nissen Fundoplication -- Laparoscopic Thal Fundoplication -- Laparoscopic Esophagomyotomy -- Laparoscopic Gastrostomy -- Laparoscopic Pyloromyotomy -- Laparoscopic Antroplasty -- Laparoscopic Repair of Duodenal Atresia and Stenosis -- Laparoscopic Ladd Procedure -- Laparoscopic Jejunostomy -- Laparoscopic Ileocolectomy for Crohn's Disease -- Laparoscopic Management of Ileocolic Intussusception -- Laparoscopic Appendectomy -- Laparoscopy in the Management of Fecal Incontinence and Constipation -- Laparoscopic Segmental Colectomy -- Laparoscopic Total Colectomy with Pouch Reconstruction -- Laparoscopic-Assisted Pull-Through for Hirschsprung's Disease -- Laparoscopic Duhamel Procedure -- Laparoscopic-Assisted Anorectal Pull-Through -- Laparoscopic Splenectomy -- Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy -- Laparoscopic Adrenalectom -- Laparoscopic Orchiopexy -- Laparoscopic Ovarian Surgery -- Laparoscopic Portoenterostomy (Kasai Operation) -- Laparoscopic Resection of Choledochal Cyst -- Minimally Invasive Diaphragmatic Plication -- Laparoscopic-Assisted Donor Nephrectomy -- Laparoscopic Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass -- Laparoscopic Adjustable Gastric Band Placement -- Laparoscopic Repair of Inguinal Hernias -- Principles of Pediatric Robotic Surgery -- Robotic Kasai Procedure -- Robotic Excision of Choledochal Cyst -- Robotic Fundoplication in Infants and Children -- Retroperitoneoscopic Nephrectomy -- Robotic Pyeloplasty -- Laparoscopic Varicocelectomy -- Principles of Thoracoscopy -- Thoracoscopic Lung Biopsy -- Thoracoscopic Lobectomy -- Thoracoscopic Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia Repair -- Thoracoscopic Decortication and Debridement for Empyema -- Thoracoscopic Decortication and Debridement for Empyema -- Thoracoscopic Decortication and Debridement for Empyema -- Thoracoscopic Excision of Foregut Duplications -- Thoracoscopic Repair of Esophageal Atresia and Tracheoesophageal Fistula -- Thoracoscopic Repair of Esophageal Atresia without Tracheoesophageal Fistula -- Thoracoscopic Aortopexy -- Thoracoscopic Thymectomy -- The Minimally Invasive Pectus Excavatum Repair (Nuss Procedure).
- Atlas of pediatric surgical techniques 2010, ClinicalKeySection 1. General -- section 2. Head and neck -- section 3. Thoracic -- section 4. Abdomen -- section 5. Genitourinary -- section 6. Tumors.
- Atlas of robotic urologic surgery 2011, SpringerRobotics in Urology: Past, Present, and Future -- Robotic Instrumentation, Personnel and Operating Room Setup -- Transperitoneal Robot-Assisted Laparoscopic Radical Prostatectomy: Anterior Approach -- Transperitoneal Robot-Assisted Laparoscopic Radical Prostatectomy: Posterior Approach -- Extraperitoneal Robot-Assisted Laparoscopic Radical Prostatectomy -- Robot-Assisted Laparoscopic Radical Prostatectomy: Management of the Difficult Case -- Robot-Assisted Radical Cystoprostatectomy -- Robot-Assisted Laparoscopic Sacrocolpopexy -- Robot-Assisted Total and Partial Adrenalectomy -- Robot-Assisted Radical and Partial Nephrectomy -- Robot-Assisted Radical Nephroureterectomy -- Robot-Assisted Pyeloplasty -- Robot-Assisted Extended Pyelolithotomy and Ureterolithotomy -- Robot-Assisted Ureteral Reconstruction -- Robotic Surgical Procedures for Male Infertility -- Pediatric Urologic Robotic Procedures.
- This atlas presents an extensive collection of single-incision laparoscopic operations in general surgery performed from 2008 to 2013 in Shengjing Hospital of China Medical University. 2000 operations are reported in it. All the figures in it were collected using real time recordings of the operations which will be particularly interesting to the readers. In each specific surgery, authors provide its key surgical steps, complications and management and contraindication. This atlas is intended for clinical surgeons who can evolve these operations soon after reading about them. Patients will also benefit from this book because of the combination of minimal invasiveness and cosmetic effect of single-incision laparoscopic surgery. Editor Shuodong Wu is a professor serves as Director of the Department of Minimal Invasive and Biliary Surgery, Shengjing Hospital, China Medical University, Shenyang, China. Editor Ying Fan and Yu Tian are associate professors at the same hospital.
- Atlas of single-port, laparoscopy, and robotic surgery a practical approach in gynecology 2014, SpringerMinimally invasive surgery has become the standard treatment for many diseases and conditions. In the last decade, numerous studies have demonstrated that laparoscopic approaches have improved patients quality of life if compared with standard open procedures. Atlas of Single-Port, Laparoscopic, and Robotic Surgery serves as a guide in single-port, standard laparoscopy, and robotic surgery and shows how novel techniques, such as single-port laparoscopy and robotics, have recently evolved. The atlas illustrates the unique challenges that the new single-port surgery modality presents, including instruments crowding and articulation, and the advanced laparoscopic skills required to perform these procedures, such as the ability to move and control a flexible camera. It also illustrates how to efficiently and safely utilize the robot to perform most gynecologic procedures. This exceptional resource provides students, residents, fellows, operating room personnel, and practicing gynecologic surgeons with invaluable information about instrumentation, surgical technique, port systems, and the current research and development in robotics.
- Atlas of surgical techniques for the colon, rectum, and anus 2013, ClinicalKeyOpen Right Colectomy -- Laparoscopic Right Colectomy -- Extended Right Colectomy with Ileosigmoid Anastomosis -- Extended Left Colectomy with Right Colon-to-Rectal Anastomosis -- Open Left and Sigmoid Colectomy -- Laparoscopic Left Colectomy -- Open Total Abdominal Colectomy with Ileorectal Anastomosis -- Laparoscopic Total Abdominal Colectomy and Ileorectal Anastomosis -- Open Total Proctocolectomy and Ileal Pouch -- Open Low Anterior Resection of Rectum -- Laparoscopic Low Anterior Resection -- Open Abdominal Perineal Resection -- Laparoscopic Abdominal Perineal Resection -- Perineal Proctectomy for Prolapse (Altmeier/Prassad Technique) -- Open Resection Rectopexy for Rectal Prolapse -- Laparoscopic Rectopexy -- Completion Proctectomy for Crohn's Disease -- Transanal Excision of Rectal Lesions -- Transanal Endoscopic Microsurgery -- Anal Stricturoplasty and Skin Flaps -- Excisional Hemorrhoidectomy -- Stapled Hemorrhoidectomy -- Open Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy -- Sliding Flap Repair of Rectovaginal Fistula -- Excision of Anal Bowen's or Paget's Disease with a V-Y Advancement Flap -- Hanley Procedure for Fistula and Abscess -- Anal Sphincter Reconstruction -- End Ileostomy and Loop Ileostomy -- Colostomy: End and Divided Loop -- Local Parastomal Hernia Repair -- Small Bowel Strictureplasty -- Resection of Rectorectal Tumor with Sacrectomy -- Debulking and Peritoneal Stripping with Placement of Intraperitoneal Catheters for Carcinomatosis.
- Tri-incisional esophagectromy -- Ivor Lewis esophagectomy -- Left thoracoabdominal -- Transhiatal -- minimally invasive esophagectomy -- Nissen fundaplication -- Paraesophageal hernia repair -- Heller myotomy -- Truncal vagotomy -- Selective vagotomy -- highly selevtive vagotomy -- Heineke-Mikulicz phloroplasty -- Finney pyloroplasty -- Jaboulay pylorplasty -- Antrectomy -- Surgical treatment of postgastrectomy syndromes -- Laparoscopic gastric ulcer surgery -- Subtotal gastrectomy: billroth I and II -- Total gastrectomy -- Roux-en-y gastric bypass -- Gastric band -- Gastric sleeve -- Small bowel resection and anastomosis -- Jejunostomy tube -- Strictureplasty for Crohn's disease -- Meckel diverticulectomy -- Intusseption eduction -- Small bowel obstruction.
- Atlas of thoracic surgical techniques. 1st ed. 2010, ClinicalKeySection 1. Thoracic cancer -- section 2. Thoracic benign -- section 3. Esophageal cancer -- section 4. Esophageal benign.
- Atlas of trauma emergency surgical techniques 2014, ClinicalKeyIntracranial Pressure Monitoring and Ventriculostomy -- Neck Exploration -- Surgical Airways : Tracheostomy and Cricothyroidotomy -- Resuscitative Thoracotomy, Anterolateral and Posterolateral Thoracotomy, and Thoracotomy Decortication and Pleurodesis -- Anterior Approach For Stabilization of Fractures of The Lower Thoracic and Upper Lumbar Spine (T11-L2) -- Cardiac Injuries -- Thoracic Vascular Exposure and Reconstruction -- Tracheal Injury and Repair -- Pulmonary Injuries -- Subxiphoid Pericardial Window -- Surgical and Operative Management of Esophageal Injuries -- Abdominal Closure Techniques -- Duodenal Injury Repairs -- Liver Injuries : R T -- Splenectomy and Splenorrhaphy -- Pancreatic Injury : Repair and Resection Techniques -- Cholecystectomy and Common Bile Duct Exploration -- Kidney Trauma (Parenchymal and Vascular Injuries) : Repair and Nephrectomy -- Bladder and Ureteral Repair -- Gastroduodenal Operations For Upper Gastrointestinal Bleeding and Perforation -- Incarcerated Hernia Repair - Posterior Preperitoneal Approach -- Rectal Trauma -- Abdominal Vascular Injuries -- Acute Mesenteric Ischemia -- Vascular Injuries of The Upper and Lower Extremities -- Upper and Lower Extremity Fasciotomy -- Upper and Lower Extremity Amputation -- Bedside Placement of Inferior Vena Cava Filter -- Gastrostomy and Jejunostomy - Percutaneous Approach.
- Atlas of vascular surgery and endovascular therapy anatomy and technique 2014, ClinicalKeyFeaturing an easy-to-access, highly visual approach, Atlas of Vascular Surgery and Endovascular Therapy offers the comprehensive, step-by-step guidance you need to achieve optimal outcomes in the treatment of venous disorders. Covering the full range of diseases/disorders most important to vascular surgeons, this full-color, one-volume, atlas presents over 100 common and complex procedures, including open and endovascular techniques, with an emphasis on anatomy and imaging studies as they apply to each technique. Know what to do and expect with comprehensive coverage of almost every procedure you might need to perform. Find answers fast thanks to a consistent and logical chapter structure. (Indications, Surgical Anatomy, Preoperative Considerations, Operative Steps, Postoperative Considerations, Pearls & Pitfalls, and References) Review key techniques prior to performing surgery. Clinical images and 37 real-time video clips capture key moments in procedures including: surgical repair of a suprarenal aortic aneurysm; surgical repair of thoracoabdominal aortic aneurysm; endovascular treatment of aneurysms of the juxtarenal and pararenal aorta; surgical exposure and harvest of the femoropopliteal vein; and endovascular treatment of aortic arch vessels, subclavian and axillary artery. Visualize every procedure hanks to more than 1,000 full-color illustrations; including procedural photos and beautifully illustrated drawings that highlight the relevant anatomy and techniques in specific treatments. Prevent and plan for complications prior to a procedure thanks to a step-by-step approach to each procedure accompanied by relevant imaging studies. Glean all essential, up-to-date, need-to-know information about hot topics including: management of peripheral arterial disease; aortic aneurysms/aortic dissection; lower extremities/critical limb ischemia; and infra-inguinal occlusive disease. Access the fully searchable contents of the book and procedural videos online at Expert Consult.
- Augmentation mammoplasty redefining the patient and surgeon experience 2008, ClinicalKeyJohn B. Tebbetts, MD, a pioneer in the field of breast augmentation, redefines the surgeon/patient experience in this comprehensive book. By exhaustively covering everything you need to know about breast augmentation, Dr. Tebbets allows for tightly focused guidance that is principle- rather than experienced-based, with numerous decision-making algorithms and outcome-based techniques, not just one-answer solutions. The book addresses topics that range from anesthesia and case studies of specific implants to practical matters like practice management. Focuses exclusively on breast augmentation to make coverage as comprehensive as possible. Includes much-needed information on practice management, including patient consent, systems analysis, marketing, and data acquisitions. Addresses pre-, intra-, and postoperative care of patient for guidance from start to finish. Utilizes a separate chapter for each approach to breast augmentation: inframammary, axillary, periaereolar, or umbilical. Incorporates case studies of specific implants to help you make the right decision for your patients. Details TEPID (Tissue characteristics of the Envelope and Parenchyma, the Implant, and Dimensions and filler dynamics of the implant) system: the first three-dimensional modeling system for quantitating tissue characteristics.
- Bariatric and metabolic surgery 2014, SpringerBariatric and metabolic surgery is recognized to be an important and effective option for the treatment of severe obesity and the various associated conditions and diseases, such as type II diabetes, hypertension, cardiovascular dysfunction, dyslipidemia, and obstructive sleep apnea. Despite its established value, however, there is scope for further improvement in safety and in the quality of the surgical techniques, and calls have therefore been made for the establishment of standard techniques and procedures. This book accordingly presents state of the art knowledge on bariatric and metabolic surgery with the aim of facilitating the sharing and exchange of knowledge, documenting effective techniques, and enhancing safety and outcomes. All technical aspects are covered in detail, and the text is complemented by many helpful illustrations. A further key feature is the provision of accompanying surgical videos, which will be of value to both novice and experienced surgeons. This textbook will be a great asset in clinical practice for all who are involved or interested in bariatric and metabolic surgery.
- Basic techniques in pediatric surgery an operative manual 2013, SpringerPart A. Basic surgical techniques -- Part B. Head and neck -- Part C. Spine and limbs -- Part D. Thorax -- Part E. Abdomen -- Part F. Groin and genitalia -- Part G. Urology -- Part H. Perineum -- Part I. Minimally invasive surgery -- Appendix. Training in paediatric surgery -- Subject Index.
- Biliary tract and gallbladder cancer a multidisciplinary approach. Second edition. [2nd ed.] 2014, SpringerThe second edition of this book is intended as a definitive text on biliary tract and gallbladder cancers. Specifically, it will serve as a single-source reference on the current knowledge base for the multidisciplinary management of such cancers and thus covers epidemiological, surgical, radiotherapy, and chemotherapy approaches. Akey feature is the demonstration of the impact of cutting-edge technical knowledge on treatment; for example, interventional radiology techniques, novel surgical approaches, and image-guided radiation therapy are all extensively discussed. Diagnosis is also considered in detail, with coverage of novel serum biomarkers, pathologic staging, molecular profiling, and the full range of current and emerging imaging strategies. Further chapters are devoted to epidemiology, the role of growth factor pathways and signal transduction, and histopathology and molecular pathogenesis. Experienced practitioners in a range of specialties will find this amply illustrated book to be an invaluable source of information on the newest diagnostic and treatment techniques in biliary tract and gallbladder cancer, yet it is also sufficiently concise to offer an introduction to the field for students and community practitioners.
- Biomaterials for surgical operation 2012, Springer1. Introduction -- 2. Biological Events Associated with Surgical Operation -- 3. Bioabsorbable Polymers -- 4. Sealants (Adhesives) to Prevent Bleeding -- 5. Barriers to Prevent Tissue Adhesion -- 6. Devices for Bone Fixation -- 7. Growth Factors for Promoting Wound Healing -- 8. Sutures for Wound Closure -- 9. Conclusions.
- Biotechnology in surgery 2011, Springer
- 1. Introduction / Robert E. Marx -- 2. Pharmacology: Mechanism of Action of Bisphosphonates / Angelina De Sarro and Letteria Minutoli -- 3. Use of Bisphosphonates in Oncology / Giuseppe Altavilla, Grazia Marabello, Chiara Tomasello and Vincenzo Pitini -- 4. Use of Bisphosphonates in Hematology / Caterina Musolino and Alessandro Allegra -- 5. Use of Bisphosphonates in Osteoporosis / Angelina De Sarro and Letteria Minutoli -- 6. Biomorphology in BIONJ: Anatomy and Histology / Giuseppina Cutroneo -- 7. Etiopathogenesis and Clinical Aspects of BIONJ / Santino Ferrara, Laura Vuolo, Annamaria Colao and Luigi Califano -- 8. Instrumental Diagnosis / Silvio Mazziotti, Achille Mileto, Michele Gaeta, Giorgio Ascenti, Ignazio Salamone, Carmela Visalli and Alfredo Blandino -- 9. Microbiological Aspects of Osteonecrosis of the Jaw / Stefania Leuci, Marco Friscia and Michele Davide Mignogna -- 10. Prevention and the Role of the Dentist / Giacomo Oteri -- 11. Conservative Treatment: Oxygen-Ozone Therapy / Alessandro Agrillo -- 12. Conservative Treatment: LASER (Biostimulation and Minimally Invasive Surgical Treatment) / Paolo Vescovi -- 13. Minimally Invasive Surgical Treatment / Claudio Marchetti, Gian Andrea Pelliccioni, Filippo Moretti, Francesco Saverio De Ponte, Giuseppe Lombardo and Carla Nava -- 14. Major Surgery in BIONJ / Luciano Catalfamo, Carla Nava, Giuseppe Lombardo and Francesco Saverio De Ponte -- 15. BRONJ: The Future / Salvatore L. Ruggiero.
- Blumgart's surgery of the liver, biliary tract, and pancreas. 5th ed. 2012, ScienceDirectFulltext ClinicalKeyComprehensive and complete, Blumgart's Surgery of the Liver, Pancreas and Biliary Tract - edited by Dr. William R. Jarnagin and a team of experts- delivers the comprehensive, cutting-edge guidance you need to achieve optimal outcomes in surgery of the liver, biliary tract, and pancreas. Edited by a panel of experts and featuring contributions by many leading authorities, this 2-volume reference brings you the latest information on pathology, diagnostics, surgery, and non-operative intervention all in one source. At www.expertconsult.com you can not only access the complete contents online, but also an abundance of detailed illustrations and step-by-step procedural video clips from the Memorial Sloan Kettering video library that show you how to perform key procedures step by step. Glean all essential, up-to-date, need-to-know information in one comprehensive reference that provides extensive coverage of pathology, diagnostics, surgery, and non-operative intervention as well as hepatobiliary and pancreatic surgery. Deepen your understanding of surgical anatomy to help with diagnosis, surgical operation, interventional radiology, and endoscopy.
- In Bodies in Formation, anthropologist Rachel Prentice enters surgical suites increasingly packed with new medical technologies to explore how surgeons are made in the early twenty-first century.
- Body contouring and liposuction 2013, ClinicalKeyIntroduction: Body contouring surgery - a fifty year perspective -- Patient safety in body contouring -- Liposuction of the upper extremities -- Brachioplasty with bicipital groove scar -- Brachioplasty - the double ellipse technique -- Brachioplasty with liposuction resection -- Limited scar brachioplasty -- Fat grafting to the breast -- Ultrasound-assisted breast reduction -- Combined abdominal contouring and mastopexy -- Breast reshaping using autologous tissues after massive weight loss -- Combined abdominoplasty and breast enlargement by autologous tissue transfer or transabdominal implant placement -- Mammaplasty with L-shaped scar -- Breast reshaping after massive weight loss: Autologous tissue techniques -- Breast reshaping after massive weight loss, implant based -- Liposuction of upper back/bra rolls -- Transverse upper body lift -- Upper body lift with lateral excision -- Aesthetic classification of the abdomen -- Anatomy of the abdominal wall and aesthetic classification -- Lipomyosculpture -- Classic abdominoplasty with adhesion tension sutures -- Lipoabdominoplasty with previous flap resection -- Reverse abdominoplasty -- Endoscopic plication techniques for the treatment of abdominal contour -- High lateral tension abdominoplasty -- Fleur-de-lis abdominoplasty including mons contouring -- Panniculectomy in patients with super obesity -- Lipoabdominoplasty -- Umbilicoplasty -- Combining abdominal contouring with hernia repair -- Liposuction of the abdomen and trunk -- Belt lipectomy/circumferential abdominoplasty -- Progressive tension sutures in abdominoplasty -- Transverse medial thigh lift -- Vertical medial thigh lift with liposuction -- Short vertical scar medial thigh lift -- Autologous gluteal augmentation with mid-pedicle superior pole perforator flaps -- Liposuction and circumferential lower truncal dermatolipectomy -- Gluteal contouring and rejuvenation -- Buttock implants -- Buttock contouring with liposuction and fat injection -- Liposuction of the lower extremities and leg reshaping with fat -- Calf and thigh implants -- Lipoplasty - history and principles -- Tumescent local anesthesia for liposuction -- Treatment of liposuction complications -- Fat grafting in body contouring surgery -- Minimal scar breast augmentation using autologous fat grafting -- Principles of new invasive modalities -- Ultrasonic liposuction -- High intensity focused ultrasound and non-invasive body contouring -- Mesotherapy for body contouring and cellulite -- Describing the deformities -- Psychological and nutritional evaluation -- Staging and combining procedures.
- Bone and joint injuries trauma surgery III 2014, SpringerAll European countries, including those that have recently joined the European Union or are candidates for membership, currently show a clear trend towards an increasing number of accidental injuries. This holds true for a range of injuries, including accidents among the elderly, sports injuries, and trauma due to traffic accidents. The increase in the number of injuries is accompanied by rising expectations among patients, who anticipate good functional results even after serious injuries. Despite these developments, trauma surgery is not yet established as an independent field in all European countries. Against this background, there is a clear need for a book that covers the state of the art in trauma surgery. This volume, which focuses on bone and joint injuries orthopedic trauma is intended to help to meet this need. It will also serve to harmonize the practice of trauma surgery within the European Union and to prepare for the UEMS EBSQ trauma surgery.
- Brain protection in cardiac surgery 2011, SpringerMolecular and biochemical basis of brain injury following heart surgery: interventions for the future -- Cardiopulmonary bypass circuit and the brain -- Neurological and cognitive sequelae of cardiac surgery -- Neurocognitive decline following cardiac surgery: incidence, risk factors, prevention, and outcomes -- Neuropathology of brain injury in cardiac surgery -- Biochemical markers of brain injury -- Pitfalls of neuropsychometric assessment and alternative investigative approaches -- Imaging of the brain in cardiac surgery as a tool in brain protection studies -- Current techniques of emboli detection and their utility in brain protection studies -- Intraoperative brain monitoring in cardiac surgery -- Near-infrared spectroscopy monitoring in cardiac surgery: theory, practice, and utility -- The design and methodology of clinical studies on neuroprotection in cardiac surgery -- Temperature and brain protection in cardiac surgery -- Studies of nonpharmacological interventions to reduce brain injury -- Pharmacological studies to reduce brain injury in cardiac surgery -- Off-pump and on-pump coronary artery surgery and the brain -- Experimental basis and clinical studies of brain protection in pediatric heart surgery -- Experimental basis and clinical studies of brain protection in aortic arch surgery -- The future of brain protection in cardiac surgery.
- Breast cancer 2011, ClinicalKeyThe normal breast and benign diseases of the breast / Samia Nawaz -- Ductal and lobular proliferations : preinvasive breast disease / Meenakshi Singh and Jon V. Rittenbach -- Invasive breast cancer / Michael D. Stamatakos -- Risk factors and risk assessment / Nancy S. Goldman and Constance R. Ziegfeld -- Genetics / Jennifer E. Axilbund, Amy L. Gross, and Kala Visvanthan -- Strategies for risk reduction / Anna Voltura and Lisa Jacobs -- Nutrition and lifestyle / Lisa Ware Corbin -- Radiologic techniques for early detection and diagnosis / John M. Lewin -- Screening of high-risk patients / James P. Borgstede and Brian Bagrosky -- Minimally invasive breast biopsy / Steve H. Parker, Terese I. Kaske, and Judy L. Chavez -- Surgical biopsy / Elizabeth Prier -- Surgical therapy of early breast cancer / Michael Ford and Christina A. Finlayson -- Breast reconstruction after mastectomy / Alex Colque, Hanjoon Song, and Erica D. Anderson -- Oncoplastic surgical techniques for the partial mastectomy / Chin-Yau Chen, Kristine E. Calhoun, and Benjamin O. Anderson -- Axillary management / M. Catherine Lee and Michael S. Sabel -- Radiation oncology / Richard Zellars, Timothy George, and Lee Myers -- Neoadjuvant therapy / Susanne Briest and Vered Stearns -- Cost-effective staging of breast cancer / Virginia F. Borges and Lara Hardesty -- Adjuvant systemic therapy / Anthony D. Elias, Daniel Bowles, and Peter Kabos -- Surveillance and detection of recurrence of breast cancer / Peter Kabos and Virginia F. Borges -- The use of molecular profiles in the management of breast cancer / Anthony D. Elias -- Partial breast irradiation / Rachel Rabinovitch -- Breast cancer and pregnancy / Scott W. McGee and Donald C. Doll -- Mammary ductoscopy / Edward R. Sauter.
- The Breast: Comprehensive Management of Benign and Malignant Diseases, 4th Edition, by Kirby I. Bland, MD, and Edward M. Copeland, III, MD, is a surgical reference that offers the most comprehensive, up-to-date resource on the diagnosis and management of, and rehabilitation following, surgery for benign and malignant diseases of the breast. With its multidisciplinary approach, sweeping updates, new contributors, and authoritative guidance, you₂ll have exactly what you need to inspire patient confidence and provide the best possible outcomes. Best of all, this new edition comes to you in print and online for easy, convenient access to the absolute latest advances. Features multidisciplinary advice from experts in surgery, radiation and medical oncology, pathology, molecular biology, pharmacokinetics, and genetics for a well-rounded perspective to enhance patient outcomes. Includes more than 1,500 figures and tables that offer high quality depictions of surgery and treatment procedures. Offers step-by-step guidance through both text and clinical boxes that makes the material relevant to everyday practice. Provides cross-referencing between chapters, as well as references to carefully selected journal articles, that makes further research easier.
- Breast surgery. 5th ed. 2014, ClinicalKeyThe role of imaging in breast diagnosis including screening and excision of impalpable lesions /A. Robin M. Wilson and R. Douglas Macmillan --Pathology and biology of breast cancer /Rajendra S. Rampaul ... [et al.] --Nipple discharge and the role of ductoscopy in breast diseases /Sarah Tang and Gerald Gui --Breast-conserving surgery : the balance between good cosmesis and local control /J. Michael Dixon --Techniques of mastectomy : tips and pitfalls /R. Douglas Macmillan --Oncoplastic procedures to allow breast conservation and a satisfactory cosmetic outcome /Richard M. Rainsbury ... [et al.] --The axilla : current management including sentinel node and lymphedema /Anees B. Chagpar --The genetics of breast cancer, risk-reducing surgery, and prevention /D. Gareth, R. Evans and Ava Kwong --Breast reconstruction /Mark Schaverien and Cameron Raine --Breast cancer treatments of uncommon diseases /Daniel Xavier Choi and Monica Morrow --Treatment of ductal carcinoma in situ /Nicola L.P. Barnes and Nigel J. Bundred --The role of adjuvant systemic therapy in patients with operable breast cancer /Rosalie Fisher and Ian Smith --Locally advanced breast cancer /Douglas J.A. Adamson and Alastair M. Thompson --Metastatic disease and palliative care /John Dewar and Pamela Levack --The role of adjuvant radiotherapy in the management of breast cancer /Ian Kunkler --Psychosocial issues in breast cancer /Lesley Fallowfield and Valerie Jenkins --Benign breast disease /Steven Thrush and J. Michael Dixon --Litigation in breast surgery /Tim Davidson and Tom Bates.
- Breast, endocrine and surgical oncology 2014, SpringerWritten by internationally acclaimed specialists, Breast, Endocrine and Surgical Oncology provides pertinent and concise procedure descriptions spanning benign and malignant problems and minimally invasive procedures. Complications are reviewed when appropriate for the organ system and problem, creating a book that is both comprehensive and accessible. Stages of operative approaches with relevant technical considerations are outlined in an easily understandable manner. The text is illustrated throughout by photographs that depict anatomic or technical principles. Forming part of the series, Surgery: Complications, Risks and Consequences, this volume Breast, Endocrine and Surgical Oncology provides a valuable resource for all general surgeons and residents in training. Other healthcare providers will also find this a useful resource.
- Section 1. Exposure and closure of the abdomen -- section 2. Primarily malabsorptive procedures -- section 3. Malabsorptive/restrictive procedures : gastric bypass -- section 4. Restrictive procedures -- section 5. Other and investigative procedures -- section 6. Revisional surgery.
- Cardiac surgery in the adult. 4th ed. 2012, AccessSurgery
- Cardio-thoracic, vascular, renal and transplant surgery 2014, SpringerWritten by "internationally acclaimed" specialists, Cardio-Thoracic, Vascular, Renal and Transplant Surgery provides pertinent and concise procedure descriptions spanning benign and malignant problems and minimally invasive procedures. Complications are reviewed when appropriate for the organ system and problem, creating a book that is both comprehensive and accessible. Stages of operative approaches with relevant technical considerations are outlined in an easily understandable manner. Forming part of the series, Surgery: Complications, Risks and Consequences, this volume Cardio-Thoracic, Vascular, Renal and Transplant Surgery provides a valuable resource for all general surgeons and residents in training. Other healthcare providers will also find this a useful resource.
- Part 1. General Aspects of Care -- Invited Commentary / Ronnie A. Rosenthal -- The Epidemiology and Economics of Cardiothoracic Surgery in the Elderly / David A. Etzioni and Vaughn A. Starnes -- Principles of Geriatric Surgery / Mark R. Katlic -- Geriatric Models of Care / Elizabeth A. Capezuti, Patricia Ursomanno, Marie Boltz and Hongsoo Kim -- Delirium After Cardiac Surgery / James L. Rudolph -- Cardiac Rehabilitation in the Elderly / Carl I. Gonzales and Lois A. Killewich -- Legal Aspects of Geriatric Surgery / Marshall B. Kapp -- Ethical Issues in Cardiothoracic Surgery for the Elderly / Susan M. Hecker and Robert M. Sade -- Acute Pain Control in Geriatric Patients After Cardiac and Thoracic Surgeries / Jack M. Berger, Tawfik Ayoub and Jayeshkumar Patel -- Palliative Care in the Elderly / Geoffrey P. Dunn -- Cardiopulmonary Trauma in the Elderly / Jay Menaker and Thomas M. Scalea -- Imaging Features of the Normal Aging Chest / Carol C. Wu and Jo-Anne O. Shepard -- Cardiac Imaging in the Elderly / Faisal Nabi, Dipan J. Shah, Stephen H. Little and Su Min Chang -- Part 2. Physiologic Changes -- Invited Commentary / Michael E. Zenilman -- Biology of Aging / Huber R. Warner -- Hematologic Disorders in the Elderly / Ilene C. Weitz -- Anticoagulation in the Older Surgical Patient / M. Kate Elfrey and Susan J. Zieman -- Medication Usage in Older Cardiothoracic Surgical Patients / Richard A. Marottoli, Sean M. Jeffery and Roshini C. Pinto-Powell -- Wound Healing in the Elderly / Christopher G. Engeland and Praveen K. Gajendrareddy -- Pulmonary Changes in the Elderly / Keenan A. Hawkins and Ravi Kalhan -- Cardiac Changes in the Elderly / Wilbert S. Aronow and William H. Frishman -- Renal Changes in the Elderly / Carlos G. Musso and Dimitrios G. Oreopoulos -- Gastrointestinal and Liver Changes in the Elderly / Vadim Sherman, John A. Primomo and F. Charles Brunicardi --Neurologic and Cognitive Changes in the Elderly / J. Riley McCarten -- Hormonal Changes During and After Cardiac Surgery / Marcello Maggio, Chiara Cattabiani and Gian Paolo Ceda -- Part 3. Cardiac Surgery -- Invited Commentary / William A. Baumgartner -- Preoperative Evaluation and Preparation in the Elderly Cardiac Surgery Patient / Joseph C. Cleveland -- Cardiac Anesthesia in the Elderly / Eric W. Nelson and James H. Abernathy -- Postoperative and Critical Care in the Elderly Cardiac Surgery Patient / Christopher J. Barreiro, Kerry J. Stewart and Glenn Whitman -- Surgery for Ischemic Coronary Disease in the Elderly / Margarita T. Camacho and Melissa L. Wong -- Surgical Treatment of Aortic Valve Disease in the Elderly / Vinod H. Thourani and Robert A. Guyton -- Surgical Treatment of Mitral Valve Disease in the Elderly / Maqsood M. Elahi and Kenton J. Zehr -- Surgical Treatment of Thoracic Aortic Disease in the Elderly / Arnar Geirsson -- Surgical Treatment of Pericardial Disease in the Elderly / Joshua Kindelan and Alberto de Hoyos -- Pacemakers and Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillators in the Elderly / Luciana Armaganijan and Jeff S. Healey -- Heart Transplantation and Mechanical Assistance in the Elderly / Edwin C. McGee -- Part 4. Thoracic Surgery -- Invited Commentary / Joseph LoCicero -- Preoperative Evaluation and Preparation in the Elderly Thoracic Surgery Patient / Ticiana Leal, Noelle K. LoConte, Anai Kothari and Tracey L. Weigel -- Thoracic Anesthesia in the Elderly / Anne C. Kolker -- Postoperative and Critical Care in the Elderly Thoracic Surgery Patient / Brannon R. Hyde and Joseph B. Zwischenberger -- Adjuvant Therapy for Lung Cancer in the Elderly / Jared Weiss and Corey J. Langer -- Pulmonary Surgery for Malignant Disease in the Elderly / Sarah E. Billmeier and Michael T. Jaklitsch -- Benign Thoracic Disease in the Elderly / Rita A. Mukhtar and Pierre R. Theodore -- Lung Transplantation in the Elderly / Juan J. Fibla, Sandra C. Tomaszek and Stephen D. Cassivi -- Esophageal Surgery for Malignant Disease in the Elderly / Philip A. Rascoe and John C. Kucharczuk -- Esophageal Surgery for Benign Disease in the Elderly / Rose E. Hardin, Katie S. Nason and James D. Luketich -- Surgery for Mediastinal Disease in the Elderly / Cameron D. Wright -- Surgery for Pleural Disease in the Elderly / Raja M. Flores and Naveed Z. Alam -- Surgery for Chest Wall Disease in the Elderly / Daniel L. Miller -- Surgery of the Trachea and Bronchi in the Elderly / Douglas J. Mathisen and Ashok Muniappan.
- Cardiovascular surgery 2006 Council on Cardio-Thoracic and Vascular Surgery, American Heart Association Scientific Sessions 2006, Chicago, Illinois, November 12-15, 2006 2007, HighWire
- Cardiovascular surgery 2007 Council on Cardio-Thoracic and Vascular Surgery, American Heart Association Scientific Sessions 2007, Orlando, Florida, November 4-7, 2007 2008, HighWire
- Cartilage restoration practical clinical applications 2014, SpringerAttempting to bridge the gap between the science and art of cartilage restoration, Cartilage Restoration: Practical Clinical Applications combines an overview of clinical research and methodologies with clinical cases to help guide the orthopedic treatment and care of patients presenting with cartilage issues. With chapters written by internationally-renowned orthopedic surgeons, topics include an overview of current surgical options, debridement and marrow stimulation, autograft plug transfer, allografts, cell therapy, and meniscal issues. Cartilage Restoration is a valuable resource for orthopedic surgeons, residents, and fellows.
- Cataract surgery 2007, ClinicalKey1Introduction and general issues --2Tools, facilities, and the operating team --3Anesthesia for cataract surgery --4Preparation for surgery --5Wound placement and construction --6Viscoelastics --7Capsulorrhexis and capsule problems --Hydrodissection --9Nuclear strategies --10Irrigation-aspiration --11Lens implantation and its history --12Postoperative care --13Adjuncts for and management of complex cases --14Management of complications --15Lens exchange including refractive lens exchange --16Wavefront aberrometry and cataract surgery.
- Cataract surgery. 3rd ed. 2010, ClinicalKeyThe pathology of cataracts -- Surgical anatomy, biochemistry, pathogenesis, and classification of cataracts -- Preoperative evaluation of the patient with visually significant cataract -- Intraocular lens power calculation -- Intraocular lens power calculations after refractive surgery -- Ophthalmic viscosurgical devices: physical characteristics, clinical applications, and complications -- The phaco machine: the physical principles guiding its operation -- Retrobulbar and peribulbar anesthesia for cataract surgery -- Topical intracameral anesthesia -- Extracapsular cataract surgery: indications and techniques -- Small incision cataract surgery in underdeveloped countries -- Prophylactic preoperative preparation and operative measures for control of infection, inflammation and intraocular pressure -- Incision construction -- Capsulorrhexis -- Hydrodissection and hydrodelineation -- Principles of nuclear phacoemulsification -- Phaco chop -- Tilt and tumble phacoemulsification: coaxial and bimanual -- Biaxial phacoemulsification -- Microcoaxial phacoemulsification with torsional ultrasound --Phacoemulsification in the presence of a small pupil -- Combined cataract implant and filtering surgery -- Combined cataract extraction and corneal transplantation -- Control of astigmatism in the cataract patient -- Cataract surgery in uveitis patients -- Surgical management of pediatric cataracts and aphakia -- The intumescent cataract -- Dense brunescent cataract -- Capsule tension rings and segments -- Techniques and principles of surgical management for the traumatic cataract -- Iris repair -- High myopia -- Nanophthalmos, relative anterior microphthalmos, and axial hyperopia -- Cataract surgery in the presence of other ocular comorbidities -- The evolution of the intraocular lens -- Polymethylmethacrylate intraocular lenses -- Foldable intraocular lenses, edge design, and aspheric optics -- Presbyopia correcting intraocular lenses -- The correction of astigmatism during cataract surgery with toric intraocular lenses -- Intraocular lens spectral filtering -- Secondary intraocular lens implantation and stabilization -- Pathology of cataract surgery and intraocular lenses --Risk management in cataract surgery -- Intraoperative complications of phacoemulsification surgery -- Anterior vitrectomy techniques for the cataract surgeon -- Surgical repositioning and explanation of the intraocular lens -- Issues in wound management -- Toxic anterior segment syndrome -- Corneal edema after cataract surgery -- Glaucoma after cataract surgery -- Neodymium:yttrium-aluminum-garnet laser posterior capsulotomy -- Neodymium:yttrium-aluminum-garnet laser in the management of postoperative complications of cataract surgery -- Ingrowths -- Macular causes of poor postoperative vision: cystoid macular edema, epiretinal fibrosis, and age-related macular degeneration -- Postoperative endophthalmitis -- Management of postoperative complications: retinal detachment -- Prolonged intraocular inflammation -- Cataract surgery: future predictions.
- Operator skills, and in particular decision-making and strategic skills, are the most critical factor for the outcome of catheter-based cardiovascular interventions. Currently, such skills are commonly developed by the empirical trial and error method only. In this textbook, for the first time, an explicit teaching, training, and learning approach is set out that will enable interventional operators, whether cardiologists, vascular surgeons, vascular specialists, or radiologists, to learn about and to develop the cognitive skills required in order to achieve consistent expert-level catheter-based interventions. It is anticipated that adoption of this approach will allow catheter-based interventions to become a domain of excellence, with rapid transfer of knowledge, steep learning curves, and highly efficient acquisition of complex skills by individual operators -- all of which are essential if we are to meet successfully the challenges of modern cardiovascular care embedded in highly competitive health care markets.
- Cerebral angiography normal anatomy and vascular pathology. Second edition. [2nd ed.] 2014, SpringerThis revised and enlarged edition of Cerebral Angiography, which includes new angiographic studies and illustrative drawings, offers detailed guidance on diagnostic use of the procedure. The first part of the book describes the normal anatomy of the cerebral arteries and veins, with attention to morphological aspect, embryological development, function, and vascular territories. The intraorbital and extracranial vascularization is also considered. The reader will gain a sound knowledge of normal vascular anatomy and its variations that will serve as a basis for the correct interpretation of pathological processes and their clinical significance, as covered in the second part of the book. Among the pathologies considered are vascular abnormalities, including angiomas, fistulas and aneurysms; atherosclerotic and non-atherosclerotic stenosis and occlusion of the cerebral vessels; venous thrombosis; intraorbital and extracranial vascular malformations. Pathogenesis, morphological and dynamic aspects, responsible for clinical symptoms and influencing the therapy are described. While the emphasis throughout is on the diagnostic value of cerebral angiography, many examples of endovascular treatment in different pathological situations are also presented, with discussion of indications, risks and results.
- Chassin's Operative strategy in colon and rectal surgery 2006, SpringerPart I. Large Intestine -- Concepts in Surgery of the Large Intestine / Danny M. Takanishi and Fabrizio Michelassi -- Right Colectomy for Cancer -- Laparoscopic Right Hemicolectomy / Steven D. Wexner and Susan M. Cera -- Left Colectomy for Cancer -- Laparoscopic Left Hemicolectomy / Steven D. Wexner -- Low Anterior Resection for Rectal Cancer -- Abdominoperineal Resection for Rectal Cancer -- Laparoscopic Abdominoperineal Resection and Total Proctocolectomy with End Ileostomy / Steven D. Wexner and Giovanna M. DaSilva -- Subtotal Colectomy with Ileoproctostomy or Ileostomy and Sigmoid Mucous Fistula -- Ileoanal Anastomosis with Ileal Reservoir Following Total Colectomy and Mucosal Proctectomy -- Abdominoperineal Protectomy for Benign Disease -- End-Ileostomy -- Loop Ileostomy -- Cecostomy -- Surgical Legacy Technique -- Transverse Colostomy -- Closure of Temporary Colostomy -- Laparoscopic Stoma Construction and Closure / Dan Enger Ruiz and Steven D. Wexner -- Operations for Colonic Diverticulitis (Including Lower Gastrointestinal Bleeding) -- Ripstein Operation for Rectal Prolapse -- Part II. Anus, Rectum, and Pilonidal Region -- Concepts in Surgery of the Anus, Rectum, and Pilonidal Region / Amanda M. Metcalf -- Rubber Band Ligation of Internal Hemorrhoids -- Hemorrhoidectomy -- Anorectal Fistula and Pelvirectal Abscess -- Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy for Chronic Anal Fissure -- Anoplasty for Anal Stenosis -- Thiersch Operation for Rectal Prolapse Surgical Legacy Technique -- Operations for Pilonidal Disease.
- Chassin's Operative strategy in esophageal surgery 2006, Springer
- Chassin's Operative strategy in general surgery an expositive atlas. Fourth edition. [4th ed.] 2014, SpringerThe Fourth Edition of Chassins Operative Strategy in General Surgery: An Expositive Atlas is designed to expand this comprehensive and unique general surgery reference while remaining true to the special character of the work. This unique text continues to provide an emphasis on surgical strategy that is unmatched by other textbooks of surgical technique. It continues to comprehensively cover all non-vascular operations commonly performed by general surgeons. As always, Chassins explains the conceptual basis of each operation, outlines strategies to avoid common pitfalls, and carefully describes and beautifully illustrates the technical steps of each operation. The Fourth Edition has been expanded and updated by adding both new procedures and new features. A significant new feature, Documentation Basics has been added to each chapter, providing a bulleted list of key features that need to be listed in the operative note to accurately describe extent of procedure and enhance accuracy of coding. General surgery continues to evolve. Procedures are added and many operations are done through new minimal access approaches. However, as a surgeon may be called upon to perform an operation that has become rare, Chassins unique legacy material has been retained for reference. In addition, 17 new chapters have been added, including 4 new chapters on colorectal surgery. Over 1100 elegant illustrations and new radiographs accompany detailed textual explanations. More than ever, Chassins Operative Strategy in General Surgery: An Expositive Atlas, Fourth Edition is an indispensable reference for all surgical residents and practicing surgeons.
- Chest surgery 2015, SpringerPart I. Approach -- 1. Video-Assisted Thoracoscopic Surgery / Michael Klopp -- 2. Thoracotomy and Sternotomy / Joachim Pfannschmidt -- Part II. Trachea -- 3. Tracheostomy / Konstantina Storz and Werner Schmidt -- 4. Benign Tracheal Stenosis / Fernando A. Abdala -- 5. Subglottic Tracheal Stenosis / Henning A. Gaissert and Douglas J. Mathisen -- 6. Tracheal Injuries and Fistulas / Thomas Schneider -- 7. Tracheobronchoplasty / Sidhu P. Gangadharan -- 8. Malignant Tracheal Tumors -- Cameron D. Wright -- 9. Endoscopic Maneuvers / Ralf Eberhardt -- Part III. Carinal Region -- 10. Carinal Resection and Reconstruction / Hendrik C. Dienemann -- Part IV. Lung -- 11. VATS Wedge Resection / Gaetano Rocco -- 12. Open Wedge Resection / Junji Yoshida -- 13. Laser Resection of Metastases / Axel Rolle -- 14. Thoracotomy Pneumonectomy / Elisabeth U. Dexter and Todd L. Demmy -- 15. Thoracoscopic-Assisted Pneumonectomy / Elisabeth U. Dexter and Todd L. Demmy -- 16. Anatomic Segmental Resection / Hisao Asamura -- 17. Pulmonary Lobectomy (Thoracotomy and VATS) / Bernard J. Park and Suyog A. Mokashi -- 18. Bronchial Sleeve Resection / Hans Hoffmann -- 19. Vascular Sleeve Resection / Bernward Passlick -- 20. Lymph Node Dissection / Alper Toker -- 21. Lung Sequestration / Erich Stoelben -- 22. Pulmonary Malformation / Stefan Holland-Cunz -- 23. Bronchiectasis / Semih Halezeroğlu -- 24. Lung Volume Reduction Surgery / Stefan Welter and Georgios Stamatis -- 25. Bullectomy / Konstantina Storz -- 26. Aspergilloma / Ashok N. Babu and John D. Mitchell --Part V. Mediastinum -- 27. Video-Assisted Mediastinoscopic Lymphadenectomy (VAMLA) / Biruta Witte and Martin Hürtgen -- 28. Transcervical Extended Mediastinal Lymphadenectomy (TEMLA) / Marcin Zieliński -- 29. Endoscopic Staging / Felix J.F. Herth -- 30. Mediastinotomy / M. Blair Marshall -- 31. Transsternal Thymectomy / Joshua Sonett -- 32. Thymectomy (VATS, da Vinci) / Jens C. Rückert, Marc Swierzy, Ralph I. Rückert, and Mahmoud Ismail -- 33. Benign Neurogenic Tumors and Bronchogenic Cysts / Christiane Grünewald and Hendrik C. Dienemann -- 34. Superior Vena Cava Resection / Lorenzo Spaggiari and Domenico Galetta -- 35. Resection of Malignant Mediastinal Germ Cell Tumors / Kenneth A. Kesler -- Part VI. Pleura -- 36. Benign and Malignant Pleural Effusions / Thomas Schneider -- 37. Pleural Empyema / Michael Klopp -- 38. Boerhaave's Syndrome / Gereon Gäbelein, Christoph Benckert, Uwe Eichfeld, and Sven Jonas -- 39. Pneumothorax / Tomasz Grodzki -- 40. Pleurectomy and Decortication for Mesothelioma / Raja M. Flores -- 41. Chylothorax / Heike Zabeck -- Part VII. Chest Wall -- 42. Chest Wall Resection and Repair / Joachim Pfannschmidt -- 43. Resection of Sternal Tumors / K. Robert Shen -- 44. Thoracoplasty / Ludwig Lampl -- 45. Nuss Procedure for Pectus Excavatum / Ronald F. Lützenberg -- 46. Superior Pulmonary Sulcus (Pancoast) Tumors / Rudolf A. Hatz -- Part VIII. Diaphragm -- 47. Diaphragm Plication and Repair / Carsten N. Gutt and Robert Grabensee -- Part IX. Lung Transplantation -- 48. Lung Transplantation / Jose Ramon Matilla Siguenza, Clemens Aigner, and Walter Klepetko -- Part X. Postoperative Complications -- 49. Postoperative Complications / Heike Zabeck -- 50. Sternal Infection / Ina C. Ennker and Jürgen C. Ennker.
- Chronic postsurgical pain 2014, SpringerPart 1: Chronic Post-Surgical Pain: General Aspects -- How to Study Chronic Post-Surgical Pain the Example of Neuropathic Pain -- Epidemiology of Chronic Post-Surgical Pain -- Part 2: Risk Factors for Chronic Post-Surgical Pain -- Predisposing Factors for Chronic Post-Surgical Pain -- Mononeuropathies Caused by Surgery: From Anatomy to Prevention -- Surgical Factors Influencing the Occurrence of Chronic Post-Surgical Pain -- Psychosocial Factors Involved in the Occurrence of Chronic Post-Surgical Pain -- Part 3: Perioperative Strategies for the Prevention of Post-Surgical Pain -- Perioperative Analgesia by Opioids: Rationale and Practical Basics -- The Role of Coxibs in the Management of Postoperative Pain -- Perioperative Strategy for Prevention of Chronic Post-Surgical Pain: General Foundations -- Antiepileptics and Perioperative Anti-Hyperalgesia: A Survey -- Part 4: Clinical Aspects of Chronic Post-Surgical Pain -- Neuropathic Post-Surgical Pain -- Scar Neuromas -- Chronic Post-Mastectomy Pain: Clinical Aspects -- Chronic Pain after Total Knee Replacement.
- Classic papers in orthopaedics 2014, Springer
- Cleft Lip and Palate: Diagnosis and Management is an unparalleled review of treatment concepts in all areas of cleft involvement presented by an international team of experienced clinicians. A unique feature of the book is that it largely consists of longitudinal facial and palatal growth studies of dental casts, photographs, panorexes, and cephalographs from birth to adolescence. Throughout the discussion of growth and treatment concepts, the importance of differential diagnosis in treatment planning is underscored. The underlying argument is that all of the treatment goals - good speech, facial aesthetics, dental occlusion, and psychological development - may be realized without the need to sacrifice one for another.In this third edition, further successful physiological treatment protocols are considered and the occurrence and prevention of relapses after some surgical treatments are discussed; again, all solutions are backed up by follow-up records. Additional topics not previously covered include strategies for coping with psychological effects on patients and intra-team conflict, the excellent clinical work being undertaken in Asia, and future multicenter palatal growth studies. It is the editor's hope that, by drawing on the wealth of experience contained in the book, clinicians will be better able to evaluate current treatment practices and concepts and to improve planning of their own treatment procedures.
- Epidemiology of oral clefts 2011: an international perspective / Mossey, P.A., Modell, B. -- Genetic and environmental factors in human cleft lip and palate / Vieira, A.R. -- The mouse as a developmental model for cleft lip and palate research / Gritli-Linde, A. -- Hedgehog signalling in development of the secondary palate / Cobourne, M.T., Green, J.B.A. -- Roles of BMP signaling pathway in lip and palate development / Parada, C., Chai, Y. -- Development of the lip and palate : FGF signalling / Stanier, P., Pauws, E. -- Wnt signaling in lip and palate development / He, F., Chen, Y. -- Treatment outcome for children born with cleft lip and palate / Sandy, J., Kilpatrick, N.; Ireland, A. -- Surgical correction of cleft lip and palate / Jayaram, R., Huppa, C. -- Orthodontic treatment in the management of cleft lip and palate / Cash, A.C. -- Alveolar bone grafting / Semb, G. -- Speech and language in the patient with cleft palate / Mildinhall, S. -- Future directions : molecular approaches provide insights into palatal clefting and repair / Liu, K.J.
- This richly illustrated book presents a straightforward non-instrumental method of clinical facial analysis in preparation for aesthetic surgery, orthognathic surgery, and orthodontic treatments. After discussion of various practical aspects of facial examination and photography, analysis of different regions of the face and dentofacial deformities is discussed in a series of detailed chapters. At the end of each of these chapters, multiple-choice checklists are included that will help the reader to perform step-by-step regional analysis. Important features of the book are its multidisciplinary approach and the emphasis placed on the relationship between different parts of the face. This second edition has been thoroughly updated and includes a new chapter on recording and documentation relating specifically to aesthetic facial surgery.
- Clinical research for surgeons 2009, ThiemeWhy we need clinical research -- Historical perspectives of clinical research -- Evidence-based surgery defined -- Myths and misconceptions about evidence-based medicine -- Becoming an evidence-based surgeon -- Principles of clinical research -- Various research design classifications -- Hierarchy of research studies: from case series to meta-analyses -- Randomized and nonrandomized studies -- Understanding research study design -- Clinical case series -- Case-control study -- Prospective cohort study -- Randomized trial -- Meta-analysis -- Economic analysis -- Diagnostic study -- Reliability study -- Understanding outcomes measurement -- Classification of outcomes -- What makes an outcome measure useful -- Common generic outcome scales for surgeons -- Common disease-specific outcome scales for surgeons -- Understanding treatment effects -- Common ways to present treatment effects -- Confidence interval defined -- P value defined -- Errors in hypothesis testing -- Clinical versus statistical significance -- Practice of clinical research -- Planning a research study -- Requirements of a clinical research proposal -- Identification of a good research question -- How to conduct a comprehensive literature search -- Guide to planning a randomized trial -- Guide to planning a nonrandomized study -- Study sample size -- How to budget for a research study -- Research ethics, review boards, and consent forms -- Regulatory issues in the evaluation of a new device or drug -- Strategies in research funding -- Conducting a research study -- Roles of the research team -- Role of a central methods center -- Role of a data monitoring committee -- Need for separate adjudication of outcomes -- Data management -- Study case report forms -- Study manual of operations -- Review of basic statistical principles -- Statistical means and proportions -- Regression analysis -- Analysis of variance -- Correlation defined.
- Clinical research methods for surgeons 2006, SpringerPlanning the research / Eugene Blackstone -- Ethical issues in clinical research / David F. Penson -- Budget development and staffing / Judith Fine and Peter C. Albertsen -- Non randomized interventional study designs (quasi-experimental designs) / David Axelrod, Rodney Hayward -- Randomized clinical trials of surgical procedures / Michael P. Porter -- Use of observational databases (registries) in research / Deborah P. Lubeck -- Risk adjustment / William G. Henderson and Shukri F. Khuri -- Basic statistical methods / David Etzioni, Nadia Howlader, and Ruth Etzioni -- Survival analyses / Rodney L. Dunn and John T. Wei -- Assessing the performance and validity of diagnostic tests and screening programs / David C. Miller, Rodney L. Dunn, and John T. Wei -- Secondary data analyses / Andrew Rosenberg, MaryLou VH Greenfield, and Justin B. Dimick -- Traditional outcome measures / Aruna V. Sarma, and Julie C. McLaughlin -- Health-related quality of life / Mark Litwin -- Measuring patient satisfaction / Arvin Koruthu George and Martin G. Sanda -- Quality of care / Jessica B. O'Connell and Clifford Y. Ko -- Cost-effectiveness analyses / Lynn Stothers -- Qualitative research / Donna L. Berry, Sally L. Maliski, and William J. Ellis -- Systematic reviews and meta-analyses / Timothy J. Wilt and Howard A. Fink.
- Clinical review of oral and maxillofacial surgery 2008, ClinicalKeyWith cases reflecting the classic presentation format of each disease process, this book prepares students for patient encounters during their oral and maxillofacial surgery rotations. It also helps residents learn and review "high yield" material that is commonly found in oral and maxillofacial training and on board examinations. It highlights clinical information that is commonly asked during rounds, in the operating room, and during examinations. For each case, it includes an overview of the most common clinical presentation, physical exam findings, diagnostic tools, complications, treatment, and a discussion of any controversial issues that may surround the case. The authors describe this book as "A little reach for the dental student, right on target for the OMS resident, and a strong refresher for OMS board certification." Case-based format prepares students and residents to pass the OMSSAT, with the Table of Contents corresponding to the exam's categories and questions.95 clinical cases focus on essential information regarding each disease process. Detailed illustrations -- including radiographs and clinical photographs or drawings -- provide a visual guide to conditions, techniques, diagnoses, and key concepts. Complements other Elsevier books such as Peterson: Contemporary Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Fonseca: Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, and Ward Booth: Maxillofacial Surgery.
- Clinical review of vascular trauma 2014, SpringerCare of the vascular trauma patient is a unique undertaking that requires a cohesive, multidisciplinary approach from all the surgical subspecialties to be successful. This is the first textbook of its kind to bring together all prominent management strategies from each of the surgical subspecialties, creating a unified voice on the management of the vascular trauma patient.? The purpose of the book is to serve as a practical surgical reference for the diagnosis and management of traumatic vascular injuries. Management of common vascular injuries is examined from a general, trauma, vascular, orthopaedic, plastics, cardiothoracic, and neurosurgical perspective by respected experts from each of these fields. Each section has been edited by specialists in the other relevant disciplines to ensure that every chapter represents an evidence-based assessment of all of the surgical subspecialties. Some essential topics include ideal choices of incision, endovascular versus open surgery, and the order in which to repair complex orthopedic and vascular injuries. Supplementing the clear and concise text are dozens of surgical photographs, illustrations, tables, and charts that assist in conveying complex concepts in vascular trauma management. Insights from the multidisciplinary panel of authors and editors help to simplify complex decision-making and streamline the overall care for critically ill patients. The Clinical Review of Vascular Trauma will be essential reading for any healthcare professional involved in care of the trauma patient.
- Colon and rectal surgery. 5th ed. 2005, Ovid
- Color atlas of burn reconstructive surgery 2010, Springer
- Color atlas of cosmetic oculofacial surgery. 2nd ed. 2010, ClinicalKeyExamination and Interactions with Aesthetic Patients / William PD Chen, Jemshed A Khan -- Eyelid Anatomy / William PD Chen, Jemshed A Khan -- Pre-operative Preparation, Anesthesia and Postoperative Considerations / William PD Chen, Jemshed A Khan -- Endoscopic-assisted Eyebrow Surgery / Clinton J McCord -- Upper Blepharoplasty / William PD Chen -- Direct Browlift, Internal Browpexy, Browplasty / William PD Chen -- Asian Blepharoplasty of the Upper Eyelid / William PD Chen -- Lower Blepharoplasty and Primary Cheeklift / Clinton J McCord -- Avoidance of Complications with Lower Blepharoplasty Cheeklift / Clinton J McCord -- CO2 Laser Transconjunctival Blepharoplasty and Fat Repositioning / Jemshed A Khan -- Transconjunctival Laser Blepharoplasty of Lower Eyelid / Jemshed A Khan -- Ptosis (Blepharoptosis) / Jemshed A Khan -- Cosmetic Botulinum Neurotoxin Application / Jemshed A Khan, Michael S. McCracken -- Ablative and Fractionated Laser Skin Resurfacing / Jemshed A Khan -- Management of the Upper Eyelid Crease: Advanced Techniques / William PD Chen -- Advanced Concept of A Glide Zone as it Relates to Upper Lid Crease, Lid Fold, and Application in Upper Blepharoplasty / William PD Chen -- Advanced Concept of Bevelled Approach in Revisional Asian Blepharoplasty: Resetting of High Crease / William PD Chen -- Botulinum Toxin and Dermal Filler Use in the Periorbital Areas / Stuart Seiff -- Hyaluronic Acid Filler Injection / Michael S. McCracken, Jemshed A Khan.
- Color atlas of dental implant surgery. 3rd ed. 2010, ClinicalKeyUse this atlas-style guide to master implant procedures and techniques! Written by leading expert Michael S. Block, DMD, Color Atlas of Dental Implant Surgery, 3rd Edition provides clear, full-color clinical photos and practical instructions covering a wide range of implant challenges. It takes you through treatment planning, presurgical guidelines, detailed surgical techniques, and postoperative follow-up. With this book, you'll be able to address any implant-related situation and achieve optimal results! Clear step-by-step procedures include indications, contraindications, and treatment results for each procedure. Over 1,400 full-color photographs and drawings depict important concepts and techniques, and show treatment from beginning to end. Indications and contraindications for each procedure provide details of why a procedure is performed. A discussion of the result of prosthodontic treatment is provided for each case, explaining how implant placement factors into successful therapy. Chapters are organized by oral anatomy and surgical technique, with each chapter presenting a different area of the mouth or a specific surgical technique. The Mandible section covers various approaches to augmentation of the atrophic mandible, including a case that utilizes distraction osteogenesis. Detailed cases of posterior mandible surgery demonstrate onlay bone harvesting and grafting the deficient ridge. The Maxilla section features sinus grafting, hard and soft tissue procedures, and the relatively new zygomaticus implant procedure. References are provided at the end of every chapter for additional reading and research.
- This color atlas is a detailed guide on how to perform open, endoscopic, and robotic thyroidectomy techniques safely and effectively. Each chapter offers step-by-step descriptions of essential surgical procedures and techniques. Relevant information is included on surgical anatomy, and clear guidance is provided on preoperative set-up, draping, instrumentation, and complications and their treatment. The description of endoscopic thyroidectomy techniques focuses on the bilateral axillo-breast approach (BABA), while in the case of robotic thyroidectomy both BABA and the bilateral axillo-postauricular approach are described. In each case, the evidence supporting the technique is carefully examined. In the closing chapter, the role of new energy sources in thyroid surgery is discussed. The lucid text is supported by more than 200 full-color illustrations clarifying surgical anatomy, instrumentation, and procedures, and surgical video clips are also available to readers via a website. This atlas will be invaluable in enabling surgeons to achieve optimal outcomes when performing thyroid surgery.
- Colorectal surgery 2013, ClinicalKeyWritten for the general surgeon who is called upon to manage diseases and disorders of the large bowel, rectum, and anus, this reference provides advanced, expert guidance on how to avoid complications and achieve the most successful results. Visualize relevant anatomy and techniques more easily with high-quality, full-color line drawings and clinical photos throughout. Zero in on the information you need with key points boxes in every chapter that provide a quick overview of the topic at hand. Get practical, hands-on advice on managing the diseases and disorders you're most likely to encounter. Learn from acknowledged leaders in the field who excel in both academic and clinical areas.
- Colour atlas of op[h]thalmic plastic surgery. 3rd ed. 2008, ClinicalKeyAnatomy -- Basic techniques in ophthalmic plastic surgery -- Preoperative evaluation -- Anaesthesia -- Instruments -- Entropion -- Ectropion -- Eyelash abnormalities -- Ptosis -- Blepharoplasty -- Eyelid retraction -- Evisceration, enucleation, exenteration -- Anophthalmic socket -- Eyelid reconstruction: eyelid margin closure -- Eyelid reconstruction: anterior lamella -- Eyelid reconstruction: posterior lamella -- Eyelid reconstruction: anterior and posterior lamellae combined -- Miscellaneous conditions.
- Common problems in acute care surgery 2013, Springer
- 1. Assessing preoperative cardiac risk in patient undergoing non-cardiac surgery -- 2. Management of preoperative bleeding disorders, intraoperative coagulopathy -- 3. Preoperative nutritional assessment/intervention -- 4. Transfusion reactions -- 5. Asymptomatic carotid bruits -- 6. General operating room precautions -- Section 2: Trauma -- 7. Initial assessment & resuscitation of the trauma patient -- 8. Head trauma -- 9. Management of the difficult airway -- 10. Penetrating neck trauma -- 11. Penetrating chest trauma -- 12. Penetrating abdominal trauma -- 13. Blunt abdominal trauma -- 14. Pelvic fractures -- 15. Traumatic hematuria -- 16. Knee pain -- 17. Shoulder pain -- 18. Hip fractures -- 19. Extremity fractures -- 20. Burns -- Section 3: Vascular problems -- 21. Chronic lower extremity ischemia -- 22. The acute cold leg -- 23. Myocardial infarction -- 24. Abdominal aortic aneurysm -- Section 4: Endocrine disorders -- 25. Solitary thyroid nodule and cancer -- 26. Cushing's Syndrome -- 27. Hyperthyroidism -- 28. Hypercalcemia -- 29. Insulinoma -- 30. Zollinger Ellison Syndrome -- 31. Surgical hypertension -- Section 5: Abdomen -- 32. Acute pancreatitis -- 33. Chronic pancreatitis -- 34. Small bowel obstruction -- 35. Ischemic bowel -- 36. Crohn's disease -- 37. Ulcerative colitis -- 38. Appendicitis -- 39. Acute abdomen -- 40. Diverticulitis -- 41. Large bowel obstruction -- 42. Colon cancer -- 43. Rectal cancer -- 44. Anal cancer -- 45. Anorectal pain -- 46. Hematemesis -- 47. Lower gastrointestinal hemorrhage -- 48. Cholelithiasis, incidental and symptomatic -- 49. Jaundice -- 50. Liver mass -- 51. Peptic ulcer disease --52. Dysphagia -- 53. Rectal bleeding -- 54. Inguinal hernia -- 55. Portal hypertension -- 56. Gastroesophageal reflux -- 57. Carcinoid tumors --- 58. Indications for renal transplantation -- 59. Indications, evaluation and allocation for liver transplantation --- 60. Melanoma -- Section 6: Pediatrics -- 61. Hypertrophic pyloric stenosis -- 62. Jaundice in the pediatric patient -- 63. Pediatric abdominal masses -- 64. Esophageal atresia/tracheoesophageal fistula -- 65. Intussusception -- 66. Hirschsprung's disease -- 67. Necrotizing enterocolitis -- Section 7: Urology -- 68. Hematuria -- 69. Nephrolithiasis -- 70. Prostatism -- 71. Testicular masses -- 72. Urinary tract infections -- 73. Painful scrotum -- Section 8: Gynecology -- 74. Acute pelvic pain -- 75. Evaluation of the adnexal mass -- 76. Pelvic inflammatory diseases -- Section 9: Thoracic problems -- 77. Solitary pulmonary nodules -- 78. Pleural effusions -- 79. Acute respiratory distress syndrome -- 80. Nosocomial pneumonia -- Section 10: Breast disorders -- 81. Palpable breast mass -- 82. Abnormal mammogram -- 83. Invasive breast cancer -- 84. Nipple discharge -- 85. Breast pain -- 86. Ductal carcinoma in-situ -- Section 11: Head and neck disorders -- 87. Parotid mass -- 88. Evaluation of suspicious neck mass -- Section 12: On-call crises -- 89. Epistaxis -- 90. Diabetic ketoacidosis -- 91. Oliguria -- 92. Postoperative fever -- 93. Hypercalcemic crisis -- 94. Postoperative chest pain -- Section 13: Critical care -- 95. Management of cardiac arrhythmias -- 96. Ventilator management -- 97. Hypoxia and pulmonary embolism -- 98. Hypotension in the postoperative patient -- Cancer screening guidelines.
- Complementary fat grafting 2007, OvidAesthetics and aging : a new paradigm -- Preoperative evaluation -- Operative technique -- The postoperative period and management of complications -- Case studies.
- Complex fractures of the limbs diagnosis and management 2014, SpringerThis book provides up-to-date guidance on the diagnosis and treatment of the most important complex fractures of the limbs, including fractures of the proximal and distal humerus, fractures and dislocations of the elbow, fractures of the distal radius, pelvis, acetabulum, distal femur, proximal tibia, tibial pilon, calcaneus and osteoporotic knee fractures. The most complex articular fractures are analyzed, soft tissue coverage is reviewed, and the management of open fractures and nonunions is described and illustrated. Other chapters consider damage control management and immediate bone fixation in the polytrauma patient, skeletal reconstruction and rehabilitation of complex fractures of the limbs. The book offers guidance to orthopaedic surgeons on which treatment options afford the best preservation of fully functional joints around the fractured bone. With this goal in mind, the authors have developed strategies that can restore full articular function of the limbs in both the short and the long term. Complex Fractures of the Limbs will be an invaluable aid to orthopaedic surgeons in treating patients with this very common and important clinical problem.
- Complex general surgical oncology. Volume 1-2 a case-based approach v. 1-2, 2013-14., Future Medv. 2 Future MedVolume 1. Breast cancer -- High-risk breast lesions / Vance Sohn -- Surgical management of ductal carcinoma in situ / Rosalinda Alvarado -- Regional lymph node metastases in breast cancer / Sarah DeSnyder -- Neoadjuvant/adjuvant therapy for breast cancer / Sarah DeSnyder -- Nonductal malignancies / Sarah DeSnyder -- Management of high-risk breast cancer syndromes / Rosalinda Alvarado -- Reconstruction following breast surgery / Steve Lee & Daniel E. Abbott -- Endocrine malignancies -- Well-differentiated thyroid cancer / Steve Lee & Daniel E. Abbott -- Multiple endocrine neoplasia / Paxton Dickson -- Adrenal pathology and approaches to resection / Daniel E. Abbott -- Melanoma -- Margins in melanoma / Genevieve Boland -- Sentinel lymph node biopsy in melanoma / Genevieve Boland -- In-transit disease and regional therapy / Vance Sohn -- Soft-tissue sarcoma -- Retroperitoneal sarcoma / Alex Haynes -- Adjuvant/neoadjuvant therapy for sarcoma / Christina L. Roland -- Esophageal cancer -- EMR, RFA and argon plasma coagulation for treatment of Barrett's esophagus and early adenocarcinoma / Amanda Cooper -- Distal esophageal tumors / Maria C. Russell -- Squamous cell versus adenocarcinoma of the esophagus / Christina L. Roland -- Index.Volume 2. Gastric cancer -- Gastric adenocarcinoma / Maria Citarella Russell -- Small bowel cancer -- Small bowel neoplasms / Paxton Dickson -- Colorectal cancer -- Management of rectal cancer / Genevieve Boland -- Hereditary colorectal cancer syndromes / Christina Bailey -- Reconstruction after low rectal resections and pelvic exenteration / Amanda Cooper -- Hepatobiliary cancer -- Cholangiocarcinoma / Daniel E. Abbott -- Hepatic metastases / Genevieve Boland -- Resection and ablation techniques for hepatic lesions / Steve Lee & Daniel E. Abbott -- Resection versus transplantation for hepatocellular carcinoma / Christina L. Roland -- Pancreatic cancer -- Pancreatic cystic neoplasms / Robert E. Roses -- Pancreatic adenocarcinoma / Daniel E. Abbott -- Neuroendocrine tumors of the pancreas / Alex Haynes -- Conditions affecting the pancreaticobiliary system / Vance Sohn -- Peritoneal malignancy -- Peritoneal mesothelioma / Vance Sohn -- Index.
- Complexities in Colorectal Surgery: Decision-Making and Management provides a unique, modern, practical guide that covers the strategic evaluation, specific approaches, and detailed management techniques utilized by expert Colorectal Surgeons caring for patients with complex problems whether they result from underlying colorectal disease or from complications arising from previous surgical therapy. The text is formatted as both a "how-to" manual as well as an algorithm-based guide allowing the reader to understand the thought process behind the proposed treatment strategies. By making use of evidence-based recommendations, each chapter will include not only diagnostic and therapeutic guidelines, but also a narrative by the author on his/her operative technical details and perioperative "tips and tricks" that they utilize in the management of these complex surgical challenges. This test includes chapters on the assessment of risk and nutritional intervention methods utilized to minimize perioperative complications. In addition, sections on medical and surgical therapies for abdominal, pelvic and anorectal disease are incorporated. Moreover, the technical challenges of managing complications resulting from the original or subsequent operations is addressed. The underlying focus throughout the text is to provide pragmatic and understandable solutions that can be readily implemented by surgeons of varying experience to successfully treat complex colorectal problems. The text also goes beyond the technical aspects of Colorectal Surgery and includes special sections highlighting the essence of a surgeon. These include chapters describing the importance of the first encounter, building patient rapport, and demonstrating confidence and competence while showing humility and avoiding arrogance. Additionally, aspects involving the medical-legal, ethical, and economic challenges confronting surgeons are covered.
- Complications in cutaneous surgery 2008, SpringerSection I. Acute Surgical Complications -- Preoperative Evaluation / Marcy Neuburg -- Acute Emergencies in the Dermatology Office / Darrell J. Fader -- Nerve Injury / Shawn Allen and Roberta Sengelmann -- Hemorrhagic Complications in Cutaneous Surgery / Hugh M. Gloster -- Wound Infections / Gregory John Fulchiero and Elizabeth M. Billingsley -- Prophylaxis for Wound Infections and Endocarditis / Michelle Pipitone and Hugh M. Gloster -- Dehiscence and Necrosis / Ross M. Campbell and Raymond G. Dufresne -- Section II. Chronic Surgical Complications -- Hypertrophic Scars and Keloids / A. Paul Kelly -- Free Margin Distortion / Sumaira Z. Aasi and David Leffell -- Scar Revision and Camouflage / Tri H. Nguyen -- Miscellaneous Complications / Mary E. Maloney and Nathaniel J. Jellinek -- Section III. Complications of Cosmetic Procedures -- Preoperative Cosmetic Consultation and Psychological Complications of Cosmetic Surgery / Evan C. Jones and Dee Anna Glaser -- Complications of Ablative and Nonablative Lasers and Light Sources / Elizabeth L. Tanzi and Tina S. Alster -- Complications of Dermabrasion and Chemical Peeling Procedures / Chris Harmon and Betty Davis -- Complications of Liposuction / J. Barton Sterling and C. William Hanke -- Complications of Soft Tissue Fillers / Steven C. Bernstein -- Complications of Botulinum Toxin / Deborshi Roy and Neil S. Sadick -- Complications of Sclerotherapy / Girish S. Munavalli and Robert A. Weiss -- Complications of Facelifting Procedures / Greg S. Morganroth, Hayes B. Gladstone and Isaac M. Neuhaus.
- Complications in dermatologic surgery 2008, ClinicalKeyThe book provides cutting-edge knowledge on how to avoid and manage complications resulting from laser surgery, photodynamic therapy, hair transplantation, chemical peeling, dermabrasion, leg vein treatments, temporary fillers, permanent fillers, botulinum toxin, liposuction, blepharoplasty, facelifts and ancillary facial cosmetic surgery procedures, skin cancer surgery/Mohs micrographic surgery, reconstructive surgery, electrosurgery, cryosurgery, nail surgery, and contact dermatitis in dermatologic surgery. The preparation of the patient, psychosocial issues, and anesthesia complications for all procedures are also covered.
- "This book presents up-to-date recommendations for the prevention, diagnosis, and management of complications in endodontic surgical procedures, based on the best available scientific evidence. Common risks such as wound healing impairment, infection, and bleeding are discussed, and specific complications related to endodontic surgery, such as maxillary sinus involvement and damage to adjacent neurovascular structures, are reviewed. For each step of endodontic surgical procedures, surgical goals and possible outcomes are reviewed. Preoperative, intraoperative, and postoperative risk factors for complications are identified, and treatment options presented. Helpful decision-making algorithms, tables, and flow charts complement the reader-friendly text."--Publisher's website.
- Complications in surgery and trauma. Second edition. [2nd ed.] 2014, CRCnetBASE"This reference provides practical information on complications encountered during and after surgical procedures. It covers preoperative, intra-operative, and postoperative events such as organ transplant, amputations, nerve and fracture repair, and skin grafting. The author offers detailed guidance and techniques to recognize and control complications in the operating room, emergency ward, and intensive care unit. It includes surgical sub-specialties such as critical care, endocrine, cardiothoracic, vascular, burns and wound healing, orthopedic, pediatric, and transplants. The new edition has been revised and reorganized to include nine new chapters and an update of the remaining chapters"--Provided by publisher.
- Complications in vascular surgery. 2nd ed., rev. & expanded. 2004, CRCnetBASE
- Complications of Female Incontinence and Pelvic Reconstructive Surgery reviews the prevention, evaluation and management of complications arising from female pelvic surgery. Potential complications of both routine and specialized female pelvic procedures such as transvaginal slings, cystocele and rectocele repairs, urethral diverticulectomy, and transvaginal mesh repairs are reviewed. The chapters are divided by procedure allowing the reader to easily find what they are looking for. Images and figures of methods of evaluation and repair of these complications are included throughout. The volume is organized based on the specific types of surgeries performed and the user is able to look up the type of surgery performed and immediately find all of the potential complications and their treatments. This text will serve as a comprehensive guide and reference allowing the surgeon quick and ready access to information about the complications of female pelvic surgery.
- Complications of percutaneous coronary interventions 2005, SpringerIntroduction / Samuel M. Butman -- Complications of the Medications / Paul E. Nolan and Toby C. Trujillo -- Groin Complications / Raghunandan Kamineni and Samuel M. Butman -- Complications of Plain Old Balloon Angioplasty / David P. Lee -- Coronary Guidewire Complications / Antonio J. Chamoun and Barry F. Uretsky -- Complications Related to Coronary Stenting / Samuel M. Butman -- Complications of Atherectomy Devices / Gurpreet Baweja, Ashish Pershad, Richard R. Heuser and Samuel M. Butman -- The No-Reflow Phenomenon / H. M. Omar Farouque and David P. Lee -- Early versus Late Complications / Albert W. Chan and Christopher J. White -- Complications of Radiation Exposure and Therapy / William L. Ballard -- Complications of Closure Devices / Raghunandan Kamineni and Samuel M. Butman -- Legal Complications of Percutaneous Coronary Procedures / Peter Akmajian -- Cardiac Arrest and Resuscitation During Percutaneous Coronary Interventions / Karl B. Kern and Hoang M. Thai -- Adverse Event Reporting: Physicians, Manufacturers, and the Food and Drug Administration / Eva B. Manus.
- Complications of urologic surgery prevention and management. 4th ed. 2010, ClinicalKey"Complications of Urologic Surgery: Prevention and Management, 4th Edition, by Samir S. Taneja, MD, is a urology resource that presents current management strategies - with an emphasis on prevention - for the most effective patient care. Recognized leaders in the field address both office-based complications as well as common and uncommon surgical complications arising from open and minimally invasive urologic surgery, to equip you to handle a wide range of situations. Best of all, this resource includes a companion website featuring the complete text of the book, along with case studies, multiple choice questions, and more, for convenient reference and review."--BOOK JACKET.
- Comprehensive anatomy of motor functions 2014, SpringerIntroduction -- Basic Notions on Mobility Function -- Introduction -- Components of Motor Apparatus -- Command and Control -- Spinal Functions -- Introduction -- Spinal Stabilization -- Cervical Spine and the Eye/Head Servomechanism -- Thoracic Spine and Respiratory Dynamics -- Thoracic Spine and Respiratory Dynamics -- Locomotion -- Introduction -- The Two Aspects of Locomotion -- Prehension -- Introduction -- Wrist/Hand Complex -- Humero-Radio-Ulnar Complex -- Cleido-Scapulo-Humeral Complex -- Conclusion -- Eye Mobility -- Introduction -- Three Specific Features Important to Understand -- Conclusion -- Facial Mimic -- Introduction -- Facial Superior Orbital Floor -- Facial Inferior Buccal Floor -- Masticatory Function -- Introduction -- Movements of TMJ -- Control of Mandibular Posture -- Speaking and Swallowing -- Introduction -- The Aero-Digestive Cross Way -- Swallowing -- Phonation -- Bladder and Rectum Incontinences -- Introduction -- Technical Problems and Solutions -- Command and Control -- Ejaculation and Orgasm -- Introduction -- Technical Problems af Copulation -- Motor Of Inference: The Orgasm -- Conclusions.
- Conflict and Catastrophe Medicine: A Practical Guide 3e follows its successful predecessors in providing a framework for use by health professionals visiting a resource-constrained environment. Aimed at health professionals, Conflict and Catastrophe Medicine: A Practical Guide 3e encompasses problems brought about by local conflict or natural disasters. Itcovers preparation, organisation, logistics, treatment of major trauma and medical emergencies, and the special problems of delivering medicine in a hostile environment. This book will provide the reader with a mix of theory, opinion and practical advice to guide him through areas of conflicts, catastrophes and remote locations.
- Congenital malformations of the head and neck 2014, SpringerCongenital Malformations of the Head and Neck offers a unique conceptual and visual approach to children with congenital malformations of the head and neck. Developed by renowned leaders in the field, this title is richly illustrated with a wealth of patient photos, radiology and endoscopic images of malformations. Starting with the genetics of common congenital syndromes, Congenital Malformations of the Head and Neck goes on to comprehensively cover malformations of the ear, nose, nasopharynx, oral cavity, oropharynx, cleft lip and palate, larynx, trachea, and neck. Easy-to-read and an indispensable reference and teaching resource, this title will serve as an invaluable reference for clinicians, neurologists, pediatricians, otolaryngologists and head and neck surgeons. It should also be of great interest to fellows and residents.
- Introduction -- Deformities of the anterior thoracic wall -- Diagnostics -- Aspects of indication setting for selection of individual therapy and informed consent -- Therapy -- Special techniques in the funnel chest deformity -- Special techniques in the keel chest deformity -- Special techniques in pectus arcuatum and mixed deformities -- Special aspects in females -- Special technique in the Poland syndrome -- Surgery of other congenital anomalies of the anterior thoracic wall -- Complications, special problems -- Actual technical improvements, future aspects -- Final conclusions.
- Contemporary oral and maxillofacial surgery. 6th ed. 2014, ClinicalKeyA comprehensive guide to oral surgery procedures, this 6th Edition enhances your skills in evaluation, diagnosis, and patient management. Full-color photographs and drawings show how to perform basic surgical techniques, and an overview of more advanced surgical procedures includes guidelines on when to refer patients to specialists and how to provide supportive postoperative care. This edition also includes the latest developments in dental implants, instrumentation, and current technology. Written by well-known OMS educators James R. Hupp, Myron R. Tucker, and Edward Ellis III, this book is a reference for any dental office. UPDATED content on implants, new instruments, and the latest technology help you treat your patients more effectively. UPDATED Implant Treatment information is divided into two new chapters, one on basic concepts and techniques for clinical situations where adequate bone and soft tissue exists and implants can be placed into a well-healed area of bone. Another chapter on more complex concepts focusing on cases that require immediate implant placement and cases where bone and soft tissue augmentation may be required. UPDATED Facial Cosmetic Surgery chapter is organized by nonsurgical and surgical procedures, covering popular procedures such as dermal fillers, botox, facial resurfacing, browlift and forehead procedures, blepharoplasty, rhinoplasty, and rhytidectomy. UPDATED Medicolegal Considerations chapter reviews concepts of liability, risk management, methods of risk reduction, and actions that should be taken if a malpractice suit is filed against the dentist or a dentist's employee. UPDATED Correction of Dentofacial Deformities chapter includes new information on conventional treatment planning, image prediction, and 3D virtual computerized surgical planning. UPDATED Surgical Reconstruction of Defects of the Jaws chapter includes new information on Bone Morphogenetic Proteins (BMPs).
- Controversies in laparoscopic surgery 2006, Springer
- The worldwide prevalence of obesity has increased dramatically in recent years. Since the results of long-term dietary behavioral therapy remain sadly inadequate, surgery is currently the only effective treatment for patients with severe or morbid obesity. The numbers of weight loss operations continue to increase annually throughout the world. The anesthetic management of severely obese patients entails special challenges, especially when medical co-morbidities are present. Published outcome data on anesthetic care and pain management of these patients are scarce, and many practices remain controversial. Controversies in the Anesthetic Management of Obese Patients considers a wide range of important practical issues. Key questions in preoperative, intraoperative, and postoperative management are addressed, and different approaches are evaluated. Written by international leaders in the field, this book will be an invaluable aid for anesthesia care providers.
- Core procedures in plastic surgery 2014, ClinicalKeyBlepharoplasty -- Facelift -- Rhinoplasty -- Otoplasty -- Abdominoplasty -- Facial injuries -- Local flaps for facial coverage -- Cleft lip repair -- Cleft palate -- Lower extremity reconstruction -- Chest reconstruction -- Back reconstruction -- Abdominal wall reconstruction -- Breast augmentation -- Mastopexy -- Reduction mammaplasty -- Implant based breast reconstruction -- Autologous breast reconstruction using abdominal flaps -- Essential anatomy of the upper extremity -- Examination of upper extremity -- Flexor tendon injury and reconstruction -- Nerve transfers -- Tendon transfers in the upper extremity -- Extensor tendon injuries.
- Core topics in general and emergency surgery. Fifth edition. [5th ed.] 2014, ClinicalKeyEvidence-based practice in surgery / Kathryn A. Rigby and Jonathan A. Michaels -- Outcomes and health economic issues in surgery / Sharath C.V. Paravastu and Jonathan A. Michaels -- Day case surgery / Paul Baskerville -- Abdominal hernias / Andrew C. de Beaux -- Organisation of emergency general surgical services and the early assessment and investigation of the acute abdomen / Simon Paterson-Brown -- Perforations of the upper gastrointestinal tract /Enders K.W. Ng -- Acute non-variceal upper gastrointestinal bleeding / Colin J. McKay and James Lau -- Pancreaticobiliary emergencies / Mark Duxbury -- Acute conditions of the small bowel and appendix / Peter Lamb -- Colonic emergencies / David E. Beck -- Anorectal emergencies / Felicity J. Creamer and B. James Mander -- Paediatric surgical emergencies / Dafydd A. Davies and Jacob C. Langer -- Abdominal trauma / Kenneth D. Boffard -- Venous thromboembolism : prevention, diagnosis and treatment / Rhona M. MaClean -- Patient assessment and surgical risk / Chris Deans -- Perioperative and intensive care management of the surgical patient / R. Michael Grounds and Andrew Rhodes -- Surgical nutrition / William G. Simpson and Steven D. Heys -- Abdominal sepsis and abdominal compartment syndrome / Emma Barrow and Iain D. Anderson -- Complications of bariatric surgery presenting to the general surgeon / Bruce R. Tulloh and Andrew C. de Beaux.
- Cosmetic-- facial surgery 2011, ClinicalKeyThis book provides a highly illustrated, case-based approach to common face and neck procedures. In this full-color reference, internationally renowned surgeon Joe Niamtu III, DMD, covers techniques including brow, face, and neck lifts; nose, eye, and ear surgery; cosmetic surgery practice with discussions of the process of facial aging, diagnosing and consulting with patients, clinical digital facial implants; skin resurfacing; the use of neurotoxins; and the removal of skin lesions. The book also prepares you for photography, and anesthesia considerations. In a companion DVD, video clips feature Dr. Niamtu demonstrating key procedures addressed in the text.
- 100 cases in surgery. Second edition [2nd ed.] — Cosmetic-- facial surgery (141)
- Cranial, craniofacial and skull base surgery — Medical management of the surgical patient. 3rd ed. (141)
- Medical management of the thoracic surgery patient — Robotic urologic surgery. 2nd ed. (141)
- Robotics in general surgery — Zollinger's Atlas of surgical operations Robert M. Zollinger Jr., E. Christopher Ellison ; illustrations ... by Marita Bitans and Jennifer Smith.. 9th ed. (141)
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- AAP Red Book Online
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Sabiston Textbook of Surgery
- Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics
- Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics
- Mandell, Douglas, & Bennett's Principles & Practice of Infectious Diseases
- Red Book Online
- ICU Book
- Primary Care Medicine
- Campbell-Walsh Urology
Shortcut to Licensed Content
Bookmark on other websites
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Links” (IE7) or “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
- Once installed it will look like this
- Click "Bookmark on Lane" to bookmark any webpage
- Your saved bookmark will appear on this page
What is it?
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) gives you access to resources licensed by the library even when you're not coming from a Lane or a Stanford IP address.
While we'd like Lane to be your gateway to our licensed content, we recognize that links to books, articles and journals come from a variety of different sources (Google, your email, RSS reader, etc.).
When installed, it will look your browser bookmark.
At the page you would like to proxy, click the "Lane Gateway to Licensed Content" to invoke it.
If Lane licenses that content, you'll get access as if you were on campus.
How does it work?
This allows you to view the URL as though you were on campus, giving you access to materials licensed for use by the Stanford academic community.
If you're not authenticated, you'll be prompted for your SUNetID and password.
Don't see the Toolbar, Bookmarks, or Links or Favorites bar?
From the "View" menu, select "Toolbars" & choose "Bookmarks Toolbar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Show Bookmarks Bar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Always Show Bookmarks Bar"
- Right-click in a clear area near the browser address bar
- In the menu, check a box next "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites Bar" (IE8, IE9)
- Managing IE Favorites
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) only works with resources Lane has licensed and configured to work with our proxy server.
If invoked on a resource we do not license and/or have not yet configured, you will see an error message:
The Lane proxy server cannot complete your request because this host has not been configured properly.
We make no attempt to configure our proxy server for every resource, only those we license and for which a Stanford IP address grants access.
Drag this button onto your browser toolbar to install.
- Right click this button
- Select "Add to Favorites", click "Continue" if you see a security alert
- In "Create in" menu, select "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites Bar" (IE8, IE9) to install
Drag this button onto Safari Bookmarks bar to install.
- Springer Protocols
- MD Consult
- Lange Series
- National Academy Press
- NCBI Bookshelf
- Thieme Atlases