Books by Subject
- Addiction and the medical complications of drug abuse 2008, CRCnetBASEThe Principles of addiction medicine / Duncan Raistrick -- Substitute prescribing : opioid-specific prescribing / Kim Wolff -- Substitute prescribing : buprenorphine maintenance prescribing / Nick Lintzeris -- Treatment of withdrawal symptoms / Joanna Banbery -- Replacement prescribing / Kim Wolff -- Management of comorbidity / Duncan Raistrick -- Toxicologic issues / Kim Wolff -- Medical aspects of drug abuse / Shoshana Zevin and Neal L. Benowitz -- Emergency management of drug abuse / Brett A. Roth, Neal L. Benowitz, and Kent R. Olson.
- Addiction medicine 2011, SpringerThis book attempts to "bridge the gap between the explosion of neuroscientific and behavioral knowledge in the past three decades and treatment delivery in clinical practice. As such, it should fulfill the role of a comprehensive textbook that integrates addiction medicine from its scientific underpinnings to the treatment of patients in clinical settings"--Preface, p. vii.
- Addiction recovery management 2011, SpringerAddiction Recovery Management: Theory, Research, and Practice is the first book on the recovery management approach to addiction treatment and post-treatment support services. Distinctive in combining theory, research, and practice within the same text, this ground-breaking title includes authors who are the major theoreticians, researchers, systems administrators, clinicians and recovery advocates who have developed the model. State-of-the art and the definitive text on the topic, Addiction Recovery Management: Theory, Research, and Practice is mandatory reading for clinicians and all professionals who work with patients in recovery or who are interested in the field.
- Addressing unhealthy alcohol use in primary care 2013, Springer
- Adolescent substance abuse 2009, Springer1A Selected Social History of the Stepping-Stone Drugs /Thomas P. Gullotta1 --2A Biological/Genetic Perspective: The Addicted Brain /Thomas H. Kelly, Alessandra N. Kazura, Karen M. Lommel, Shanna Babalonis, Catherine A. Martin15 --3Individual Characteristics and Needs Associated with Substance Misuse of Adolescents and Young Adults in Addiction Treatment /Michael L. Dennis, Michelle K. White, Melissa L. Ives45 --4Adolescent Substance Abuse Treatment: A Review of Evidence-Based Research /Ken C. Winters, Andria M. Botzet, Tamara Fahnhorst, Randy Stinchfield, Rachel Koskey73 --5Adolescent Outpatient Treatment /Richard Dembo, Randolph D. Muck97 --6Evidence-Based Family Treatment of Adolescent Substance Abuse and Dependence /Shaun I. Calix, Mark A. Fine119 --7Residential Treatment of Adolescents with Substance Use Disorders: Evidence-Based Approaches and Best Practice Recommendations /Robert W. Plant, Peter Panzarella135 --8Primary Prevention in Adolescent Substance Abuse /Martin Bloom, Thomas P. Gullotta155 --9Religious Involvement and Adolescent Substance Use /Terrence D. Hill, Amy M. Burdette, Michael L. Weiss, Dale D. Chitwood171 --10School Prevention /Zili Sloboda191 --11Community Prevention Handbook on Adolescent Substance Abuse Prevention and Treatment: Evidence-Based Practices /Elizabeth J. D'Amico, Matthew Chinman, Stefanie A. Stern, Abraham Wandersman213 --Epilogue: The Status of Knowledge Development and the Unknown /Michele Staton-Tindall, Thomas P. Gullotta, William Walton Stoops, Carl G. Leukefeld251.
- Advances in the neuroscience of addiction 2010, CRCnetBASEAdvances in animal models of relapse for addiction research / Friedbert Weiss -- Application of chronic extracellular recording method to studies of cocaine self-administration : method and progress / Laura L. Peoples, Alexai V. Kravitz, and Karine Guillem -- Neurochemistry of addiction : monitoring essential neurotransmitters of addiction / Stefan G. Sandberg and Paul A. Garris -- Alcohol craving and relapse prediction : imaging studies / Andreas Heinz ... [et al.] -- Integrating behavioral and molecular approaches in mouse : self-administration studies / Danielle L. Graham and David W. Self -- Neuroeconomics : implications for understanding the neurobiology of addiction / Michael L. Platt ... [et al.].
- Alcohol and cancer 2011, Springer
- Alcohol and tobacco 2011, Springer
- Alcohol problems in adolescents and young adults 2005, Springer
- American Psychiatric Publishing Textbook of substance abuse treatment. 4th ed. 2008, PsychiatryOnlinePart 1 : The basis of addictive disorders -- Neurobiology of addiction / George F. Koob -- Genetics of addiction / Joel Gelernter, Henry R. Kranzler -- Epidemiology of addiction / Judith S. Brook, Kerstin Pahl, Elizabeth Rubenstone -- Cross-cultural aspects of addiction / Nady el-Guebaly --Part 2 : The nature of treatment -- Assessment of the patient / Shelly F. Greenfield, Grace Hennessy -- Patient placement criteria / David Mee-Lee, David R. Gastfriend -- Evolution in addiction treatment concepts and methods / A. Thomas McLellan --Part 3 : Specific drugs of abuse -- Alcohol -- Neurobiology of alcohol / Clifford M. Knapp, Domenic A. Ciraulo, Henry R. Kranzler -- Clinical management of alcohol abuse and dependence / Hugh Myrick, Tara Wright -- Stimulants -- Neurobiology of stimulants / Margaret Haney -- Clinical management : cocaine / Thomas R. Kosten, Mehmet Sofuoglu, Tracie J. Gardner -- Clinical management : methamphetamine / Richard A. Rawson, Walter Ling -- Hallucinogens and club drugs -- Neurobiology of hallucinogens / Richard A. Glennon -- Hallucinogens and club drugs / Michael F. Weaver, Sidney H. Schnoll -- Other substances -- Nicotine and tobacco / Tony P. George, Andrea H. Weinberger -- Benzodiazepines and other sedatives and hypnotics / Adam Bisaga -- Treatment of anabolic-androgenic steroid-related disorders / Harrison G. Pope, Jr., Kirk J. Brower -- Opioids -- Neurobiology of opiates and opioids / Mary Jeanne Kreek -- Detoxification of opioids / Soteri Polydorou, Herbert D. Kleber -- Opioid maintenance treatment / Richard S. Schottenfeld -- Buprenorphine maintenance / Eric C. Strain, Michelle R. Lofwall -- Antagonists of opioids / Charles O'Brien, Kyle M. Kampman --Part 4 : Treatment modalities -- Psychodynamics / Hallie A. Lightdale, Avram H. Mack, Richard J. Frances -- Cognitive-behavioral therapies / Kathleen M. Carroll -- Motivational enhancement / Carlo C. DiClemente, Miranda Garay, Leigh Gemmell -- Twelve-step facilitation / Richard K. Ries, Marc Galanter, J. Scott Tonigan -- Contingency management / Stephen T. Higgins, Kenneth Silverman -- Network therapy / Marc Galanter -- Group therapy / David W. Brook -- Family therapy / Timothy J. O'Farrell, William Fals-Stewart --Part 5 : Rehabilitation settings -- Inpatient treatment / Roger D. Weiss, Jennifer Sharpe Potter, Rocco A. Iannucci -- Therapeutic communities / George De Leon -- Community-based treatment / Jonathan I. Ritvo, Harvey L. Causey III -- Alcoholics anonymous and other 12-step programs -- Psychological mechanisms in alcoholics anonymous / J. Scott Tonigan, Gerard J. Connors -- The history of alcoholics anonymous and the experiences of patients / Edgar P. Nace -- Outcome research on 12-step and other self-help programs / Rudolf H. Moos, Christine Timko --Part 6 : Special populations -- Adolescent substance abuse / Yifrah Kaminer -- The mentally ill substance abuser / Stephen Ross -- Women and addiction / Kathleen T. Brady, Sudie E. Back -- Perinatal substance abuse / Loretta P. Finnegan, Stephen R. Kandall -- HIV/AIDS and hepatitis C / Steven L. Batki, Kalpana I. Nathan -- Prescription drug abuse / Wilson M. Compton, Richard Denisco -- Substance use disorders among physicians / J. Wesley Boyd, John R. Knight -- Gay men and lesbians / Robert Paul Cabaj -- Minorities / Joseph Westermeyer, Daniel Dickerson --Part 7 : Special topics -- Testing to identify recent drug use / Robert L. DuPont, Carl M. Selavka -- Medical education / Erik W. Gunderson, Frances R. Levin, Petros Levounis -- Prevention of substance abuse / Richard R. Clayton, Melissa J.H. Segress, Crystal A. Caudill -- Forensic addiction psychiatry / Avram H. Mack, Monica Barros.
- Animal models of drug addiction 2011, Springer ProtocolsIntracranial self-stimulation /Styliani Vlachou and Athina Markou --Stimulant self-administration /Leigh V. Panlilio --Opiate self-administration /Francesco Leri --Nicotine self-administration / Robert E. Sorge and Paul B.S. Clarke --Alcohol self-administration /Friedbert Weiss --Place conditioning /Christopher L. Cunningham, Peter A. Groblewski, and Charlene M. Voorhees --Sensitization /Jessica A. Loweth and Paul Vezina --Animal models of eating disorders /Stephanie D. Hancock and Mary C. Olmstead --Acquisition of drug self-administration /Marilyn E. Carroll and Richard A. Meisch --Escalation of drug use /Serge H. Ahmed --Environmental modulation of drug taking /Aldo Badiani ... [et al.] --Craving /Jeffrey W. Grimm --Habit formation and compulsion /David Belin ... [et al.] --Impulsivity /Andrea Bari, Trevor W. Robbins, and Jeffrey W. Dalley --Binge drug taking / Herbert E. Covington, III and Klaus A. Miczek --Withdrawal /Alasdair M. Barr, Heidi N. Boyda, and Ric M. Procyshyn --Relapse /Suzanne Erb and Franca Placenza.
- Anxiety and substance use disorders 2008, SpringerTheoretical issues -- Epidemiological perspectives on co-occurring anxiety disorder and substance use disorder -- The neurobiology of anxiety: potential for co-morbidity of anxiety and substance use disorders -- Research findings -- Posttraumatic stress disorder and substance use disorder: neuroimaging, neuroendocrine, and psychophysiological findings -- Co-morbidity of social phobia and alcohol use disorders: a review of psychopathology research findings -- Panic spectrum disorders and substance use -- Treatment strategies -- Treatment of co-morbid obsessive-compulsive disorder and substance use disorders -- Treatment for co-morbid posttraumatic stress disorder and substance use disorders -- Treatment of co-occurring alcoholism and social anxiety disorder -- Treating co-morbid panic disorder and substance use disorder -- Cognitive- behavioral treatment of co-morbid panic psychopathology and tobacco use and dependence -- Personality-based approaches to treatment of co-morbid anxiety and substance use disorder -- Medical management of co-morbid anxiety and substance use disorder -- Integration and conclusions -- Anxiety disorder and substance use disorder co-morbidity: common themes and future directions.
- ASSIST 2005, NCI
- Behavioral neurobiology of alcohol addiction 2013, Springer
- Behavioral neuroscience of drug addiction 2010, Springer
- Brief history of cocaine. 2nd ed. 2006, CRCnetBASE
- Chemical components of tobacco and tobacco smoke. 2nd ed. 2013, CRCnetBASECh. 1. Hydrocarbons -- ch. 2. Alcohols and phytosterols -- ch. 3. Aldehydes and ketones -- ch. 4. Carboxylic acids -- ch. 5. Esters -- ch. 6. Lactones -- ch. 7. Anhydrides -- ch. 8. Carbohydrates and their derivatives -- ch. 9. Phenols and quinones -- ch. 10. Ethers -- ch. 11. Nitriles -- ch. 12. Acyclic amines -- ch. 13. Amides -- ch. 14. Imides -- ch. 15. N-nitrosamines -- ch. 16. Nitroalkanes, nitroarenes, and nitrophenols -- ch. 17. Nitrogen heterocyclic components -- ch. 18. Miscellaneous components -- ch. 19. Fixed and variable gases -- ch. 20. Metallic and nonmetallic elements, isotopes, ions, and salts -- ch. 21. Pesticides and growth regulators -- ch. 22. Genes, nucleotides, and enzymes -- ch. 23. Hoffmann analytes -- ch. 24. Tobacco and/or tobacco smoke components used as tobacco ingredients -- ch. 25. Pyrolysis -- ch. 26. Carcinogens, tumorigens, and mutagens vs. anticarcinogens, inhibitors, and antimutagens -- ch. 27. Free radicals -- ch. 28. Summary.
- Chronic pain and addiction 2011, KargerPatients with chronic pain understandably seek relief from their distress and discomfort, but many medications that alleviate pain are potentially addictive, and most chronic pain conditions only have a temporary response to opiate analgesic drugs. This volume reviews the fundamental topics that underlie the complex relationships of this controversial domain. The authors review behavioral models and practical methods for understanding and treating chronic pain and addiction including methods to formulate patients with complex comorbidity and screen patients with chronic pain for addictive liability. Finally, the authors describe the current findings from clinical and basic science that illuminate the role of opiates, cannabinoids and ketamine in the treatment of chronic pain. Up to date and comprehensive, this book is relevant to all professionals engaged in the care of patients with chronic pain or addiction and all others interested in these contemporary issues, particularly non-clinicians seeking clarity in the controversy over the best approach to patients with chronic pain.
- Cigarette smoke and oxidative stress 2006, Springer
- Comprehensive addictive behaviors and disorders Volume 2, Biological research on addiction / 2013, ScienceDirect
- Comprehensive addictive behaviors and disorders Volume 3, Interventions for addiction / 2013, ScienceDirect
- Comprehensive handbook of alcohol related pathology 2005, ScienceDirectPart I. General aspects of alcohol toxicity, consumption, and disease -- Part II. Damage/disease: -- General aspects of pathology -- Organ damage -- Cells, pathways, interactions, processes -- Part III. Selective methods used in alcohol research -- Index.
- Computational neuroscience of drug addiction 2012, SpringerPt. 1. Pharmacological-based models of addiction -- pt. 2. Neurocomputational models of addiction -- pt. 3. Economic-based models of addiction.
- Drug abuse handbook. 2nd ed. 2007, CRCnetBASECriminalistics: introduction to controlled substances / Joseph P. Bono -- Pathology of drug abuse / edited by Charles V. Wetli -- Pharmacokinetics: drug absorption, distribution, and elimination / Amanda J. Jenkins -- Pharmacodynamics / edited by Stephen J. Heishman -- Alcohol / edited by Alan Wayne Jones -- Neurochemistry of drug abuse / edited by Julie K. Staley and Kelly P. Cosgrove -- Addiction medicine / edited by Kim Wolff -- Medical complications of drug abuse / edited by Neal L. Benowitz -- Sports / edited by Marc D. Bollmann and Martial Saugy -- Workplace testing / edited by Yale H. Caplan and Marilyn A. Huestis -- Point of collection drug testing / edited by Dennis J. Crouch -- Post-mortem toxicology / edited by Henrik Druid -- Toxicogenetics / edited by Steven B. Karch -- Drug law -- Appendices.
- Drug addiction 2008, Springer
- Drug and alcohol abuse. 6th ed. 2006, SpringerDepressants -- Alcoholism: an introduction -- Alcoholism: acute treatment -- Stimulants: amphetamines and cocaine -- Opioids and other analgesics -- Cannabinols -- Hallucinogens and related drugs -- Glues, inhalants and aeorsols -- Over-the-counter (OTC) drugs and some prescription drugs -- Xanthines (caffeine) and nicotine -- Multidrug abuse and dependence -- Emergency problems: a quick overview -- Rehabilitation.
- Drugs for relapse prevention of alcoholism 2005, Springer
- Drugs of abuse 2005, Springer
- Dual diagnosis 2005, KargerEtiological theories on the relationship of mental disorders and substance use disorders / Moggi, F. -- The genetic basis of substance use and abuse / Jacobson, K.C. -- Paths of genetic and environmental influence: the routes connecting personality disorders with substance use disorders / Cadoret, R.J. ... [et al.] -- Historical and conceptual issues / Jacobs, W.S., Cahill, K.S., Gold, M.S. -- Comorbidity in alcohol use disorders: focus on mood, anxiety and personality / Hintz, T., Mann, K. -- Having attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder and substance use disorder: a review of the literature / Eich, D., Figner, B. -- Diagnostic issues in dual diagnosis patients / Petitjean, S. -- Neurocognitive impairment: an underdiagnosed comorbid entity in the treatment of substance use disorders / Dorsteler-MacFarland, K.M., Cereghetti, K.H., Wiesbeck, G.A. -- Modified therapeutic communities for co-occurring substance abuse and psychiatric disorders / Leon, G.D.
- Introduction to the guidelines. Purpose, target and scope -- Background -- A dual obligation, a quadruple imperative -- Indispensability of controlled medicines in contemporary medical practices -- Safety of controlled medicines -- Current availability -- Impediments to availability, accessibility and affordability -- Why and how to work with this document? -- Guidelines for ensuring balance in national policies on controlled substances. Content of drug control legislation and policy -- Authorities and their role in the system -- Policy planning for availability and accessibility -- Healthcare professionals -- Estimates and statistics -- Procurement -- Other -- Country assessment checklist.
- Epidemiology of drug abuse 2005, SpringerDefining and measuring drug abusing behaviors / Zili Sloboda -- Drug abuse heterogeneity and the search for subtypes / Meyer D. Glantz, Devin P. Conway and James D. Colliver -- Studying the natural history of drug use / Yih-Ing Hser ... [et al.] -- Health, social and psychological consequences of drug use and abuse / Michael D. Newcomb and Thomas Locke -- Use of archival data / Zili Sloboda, Rebecca McKetin and Nicholas J. Kozel -- Sampling issues in drug epidemiology / Colin Taylor and Paul Griffiths -- Collecting drug use data from different populations / Edward M. Adlaf -- Indirect methods to estimate prevalence / Matthew Hickman and Colin Taylor -- Qualitative methods in the drug abuse field / Claire E. Sterk and Kirk W. Elifson -- Ethical considerations for drug abuse epidemiologic research / Craig L. Fry and Wayne Hall --A common language for a common problems: the developing role of drug epidemiology in a global context / Paul Griffiths and Rebecca McKetin -- Longitudinal studies of drug use and abuse / Thomas A. Wills, Carmella Walker and Jody A. Resko -- Drug abuse and the spread of infection: HIV and AIDS as an example / Don C. Des Jarlais, Holly Hagan and Samuel R. Friedman -- Implications of epidemiologic information for effective drug abuse prevention strategies / Zili Sloboda -- The role of treatment data in studying the epidemiology of substance use and abuse / Robert L. Hubbard.
- Evaluating ASSIST 2006, NCI
- Fetal alcohol syndrome 2004, CDCP
- Forensic issues in alcohol testing 2008, CRCnetBASEMeasuring acute alcohol impairment / Christopher S. Martin -- Update on clinical and forensic analysis of alcohol / Alan Wayne Jones and Derrick J. Pounder -- Post-mortem alcohol: aspects of interpretation / Derrick J. Pounder and Alan Wayne Jones -- Recent advances in biochemical tests for acute and chronic alcohol consumption / Anders Helander and Alan Wayne Jones -- Alcohol determination in point of collection testing / J. Robert Zettl.
- Fragmented intimacy 2008, SpringerPART 1: THEORY -- Addiction in Perspective -- Dangerous Consumptions -- Overview of this Book -- Companion Relationships -- A Social World -- Worlds, Paradigms and Assumptions -- The Particle Paradigm -- The Social Paradigm -- Switching to a Social World -- Addiction and Connecting -- Connecting to the World -- Patterns of Fragmentation -- Responding to Addiction -- The Prospect of Change -- Setting Out and Setting Back -- Making it Stick -- PART 2: PROCESSES -- Becoming Intimate -- Living in Relationships -- Intimacy and the "Four Cs" -- Special Considerations -- Quality Intimacy? -- Intimacies in Addictive Contexts -- Intimacy within Addictive Relationships -- Intimacies for Others -- Systems of Intimate Connections -- Intimacy and Power -- Controlling Tactics -- The Myth of Disinhibition -- Violence as a Social Event -- Managed Intimacy -- PART 3: FAMILIES & COMMUNITIES -- Fragmented Lives -- Fragmenting Environments -- How Intimates Respond -- Broader Social Dynamics -- Collective Opportunities -- Empowerment and Connectedness -- Reconnecting Intimates -- Responsibility for Change -- Change Processes -- Guidelines for Effective Collective Action -- Reintegration -- What is Reintegration? -- Six Phases of Reintegration -- Reforming Intimacies -- Enabling Closeness and Compassion -- Domains of Connectedness -- PART 4: APPLICATIONS -- Family Resources -- Social Resources from Inner Power -- Social Resources Offered by Services -- Mobilizing Communities -- Volunteer Networks -- Croatian/Italian Community Clubs -- An Indigenous Approach -- Applications to Practice -- Barriers to Social Inclusive Practice -- Social Engagement -- Social Assessment -- Facilitative Meetings -- Looking Ahead -- Where It Fits -- Future Opportunities
- Gender, women, and the tobacco epidemic 2010, WHO"This publication contributes to the scientific understanding of gender, women, and tobacco in the context of efforts to control the global tobacco epidemic. Topics covered include determinants of starting to use tobacco; exposure to second-hand smoke; the impact that tobacco use has on health; addiction and cessation; treatment programs; and gender and human rights policy. The publication also addresses national economic policy with regard to tobacco control, international treaties, and strategies for tobacco-free mobilization at the regional and international levels. Special attention is paid to an analysis of policies that affect girls and women throughout the life course. Men's responsibility to protect women against second-hand smoke is also highlighted"--Publisher's description.
- "This publication presents a comprehensive perspective on the worldwide, regional and country consumption of alcohol, patterns of drinking, health consequences and policy responses in member states. It represents a continuing effort by WHO to support member states with global information in their efforts to reduce the harmful use of alcohol and its health and social consequences"--Publisher's description.
- Greater than the sum 2007, NCI
- These guidelines review the use of medicines such as methadone, buprenorphine, naltrexone and clonidine in combination with psychosocial support in the treatment of people dependent on heroin or other opioids. Based on systematic reviews of the literature and using the GRADE approach to determining evidence quality, the guidelines contain specific recommendations on the range of issues faced in organizing treatment systems, managing treatment programs and in treating people dependent on opioids.--back cover
- Handbook of drug abuse prevention 2006, SpringerI: HISTORICAL OVERVIEW: The emerging science of drug abuse prevention / William J. Bukoski -- II: SOCIAL CONTEXTS OF PREVENTION: Effective mass media strategies for drug abuse prevention campaigns / Philip Palmgreen and Lewis Donohew -- Drug abuse prevention curricula in schools / Gilbert J. Botvin and Kenneth W. Griffin -- Dissemination of research-based family intervention for the prevention of substance abuse / Karol L. Kumpfer and Steve Adler -- Peers and the prevention of adolescent drug use -- / E. R. Oetting and R. S. Lynch -- Mobilizing communities to reduce risk for drug abuse: a comparison of two strategies / Michael W. Arthur, Charles D. Ayers, Kelly A. Graham, and J. David Hawkins -- Community-focused drug abuse prevention / Barry M. Kibel and Harold D.Holder -- Drug abuse prevention in the workplace / Royer F. Cook -- Prevention approaches to methadone treatment settings: children of drug abuse treatment clients / Richard F. Catalano, Kevin P. Haggerty, and Randy R. Gainey -- III: PREVENTION AS SOCIAL CONTROL: Drug tests in prevention research / Robert L. DuPont and Keith E. Saylor -- Anti-drug-abuse policies on prevention strategies / Mary Ann Pentz -- IV: THEORETICAL AND EMPIRICAL FOUNDATIONS OF PREVENTION: Forging a relationship between drug abuse epidemiology and drug abuse prevention / Zili Sloboda -- Risk and protective factors of adolescent drug use: implications for prevention programs / Judith S. Brook. David W. Brook, Linda Richter, and Martin Whiteman -- Bridging the gap between substance use prevention theory and practice / Brian R. Flay and John Petraitis -- Preventive intervention targeting precursors / John E. Lochman -- Designing prevention programs: the developmental perspective / Marvin W. Berkowitz and Audrey L. Begun --V: SPECIAL POPULATIONS: Gender issues in substance abuse prevention / Louise Ann Rohrbach and Joel Milam -- Preventing substance use among Latino youth / Charles R. Martinez, Jr., J. Mark Eddy, and David S. DeGarmo -- African-American substance use epidemiology and prevention issues / William L. Turner and Michael J. Hench -- The effectiveness of alcohol and drug abuse prevention among American-Indian youth / Fred Beauvais and Joseph E. Trimble -- Drug abuse prevention research for Asian and Pacific Islander Americans / W. William Chen -- VI: INTERACTIONS BETWEEN BIOLOGY AND SOCIAL CONTEXT: RISKS FOR MULTIPLE BEHAVIORAL AND MENTAL DISORDERS: Basic science and drug abuse prevention: neuroscience, learning, and personality perspectives / Michael T. Bardo, Thomas Kelly, Donald R. Lynam, and Richard Milich -- Cross-national comparisons of co-morbidities between substance use disorders and mental disorders / Ronald C. Kessler, Sergio Aguilar-Gaxiola, Laura Andrade, Rob Bijl ... [et al.] -- Drug abuse research for high-risk youth / Leona L. Eggert and Brooke P. Randell -- Research designs for family studies / Michael Vanyukov, Howard Moss, and Ralph E. Tarter -- VII: RESEARCH DESIGN, MEASUREMENT, AND DATA ANALYTIC ISSUES: Design principles and their application in preventive field trials / C. Hendricks Brown -- Major data analysis issues in drug abuse prevention research / David P. MacKinnon and James H. Dwyer -- Metholological considerations to prevention research / Linda M. Collins and Brian P. Flaherty -- Prevention program implementation / Steven Schinke and Kristin Cole -- Family management practices: research design and measurement issues / Thomas J. Dishion, Bert Burraston, and Fuzhong Li -- Power analysis models and methods: a latent variable framework for power estimation and analysis / Terry E. Duncan, Susan C. Duncan, and Puzhong Li -- VIII: DRUG ABUSE PREVENTION: A LOOK TO THE FUTURE: Application of computer technology to drug abuse prevention / Kris Bosworth -- Putting science into practice / Gale Held.
- Handbook of drug monitoring methods 2008, SpringerIntroduction to therapeutic drug monitoring. -- Monitoring free drug concentration. -- Analytical techniques for measuring concentrations of therapeutic drugs in biological fluids. -- The pre-analytical phase of drug testing: from specimen collection to analysis. -- Effect of hemolysis, high bilirubin, lipemia, paraproteins, and system factors on therapeutic drug monitoring. -- Digoxin: so many interferences and how to eliminate them. -- Interferences with measurement of anticonvulsants. -- Pitfalls in measuring antidepressant drugs. -- Immunosuppressive drugs: pharmacokinetics, preanalytic variables, and analytical considerations. -- Therapeutic drug monitoring in human immunodeficiency virus/acquired immunodeficiency syndrome. -- Pharmacogenetics and personalized medicine: issues and methodology. -- Interference of heterophilic and other antibodies in measurement of therapeutic drugs by immunoassays. -- Drug-herb and drug-food interactions: impact on therapeutic drug monitoring. -- Toxic element testing with clinical specimens. -- Alcohol testing. -- Introduction to drugs of abuse testing. -- Urinary adulterants and drugs of abuse testing. -- Hair, oral fluid, sweat, and meconium testing for drugs of abuse: advantages and pitfalls. -- Abused and designer drugs and how they escape detection. -- Interpretation of amphetamines screening and confirmation testing. -- Clinical false-positive drug test results. -- Providing expert witness for alcohol and positive drugs of abuse test results.
- History of the Avon Longitudinal Study of Parents and Children (ALSPAC), c. 1980-2000 2012, Wellcome Trust
- Inhibitory control and drug abuse prevention 2011, Springer
- Innovations in adolescent substance abuse interventions 2001, ScienceDirect
- Karch's Pathology of drug abuse. 3rd ed. 2002, CRCnetBASE
- Karch's pathology of drug abuse. 4th ed. 2009, CRCnetBASECocaine -- Natural stimulants -- Synthetic stimulants -- Hallucinogens -- Opiates and opioids -- Dissociative anesthetics -- Anabolic steroids -- Solvents -- Marijuana -- Appendix 1: Conversion formulas -- Appendix 2: Blood alcohol concentrations -- Appendix 3: Volume of distribution calculations -- Appendix 4: Normal heart weights.
- "A comprehensive, authoritative text on all aspects of substance abuse and addiction medicine. Scientific topics such as the biology of various addictions and all dimensions of clinical treatment and management are addressed by a wide range of leading contributors. Behavioral addictions are addressed also, so the text is not solely devoted to specific substances and their misuse"--Provided by publisher.
- Medication treatments for nicotine dependence 2007, CRCnetBASE
- Methamphetamine use 2003, CRCnetBASE
- Methods in alcohol-related neuroscience research 2002, CRCnetBASE
- Methods in drug abuse research 2003, CRCnetBASE
- mhGAP intervention guide : 2010, WHOThe mhGAP-IG has been developed through an intensive process of evidence review. A WHO Guideline Development Group of international experts conducted systematic reviews to develop evidence-based recommendations. The recommendations were then converted into clearly presented stepwise interventions and then circulated among a wider range of reviewers across the world to include all the diverse contributions. The mhGAP-IG is based on the mhGAP Guidelines on interventions for mental, neurological and substance use disorders (http:// www.who.int/mental_health/mhgap/evidence/en/). Both documents will be reviewed and updated in 5 years. Any revision and update before that will be made to the online version of the document.--(excerpt, p. 1).
- Motivational impact of nicotine and its role in tobacco use 2009, SpringerThis title draws upon research on the drug widely believed to form the basis of tobacco use and dependence, nicotine. When discussing drug addiction and dependence, an increasing number of scientists are using the concepts of motivation and related constructs and their applications in modifying behavior.
- NCI tobacco control monograph series v. 16-, 2005-, NCI
- Neurobiology of addiction 2006, ScienceDirectWhat is addiction? -- Animal models of drug addiction -- Psychostimulants -- Opioids -- Alcohol -- Nicotine -- Cannabinoids -- Imaging -- Neurobiological theories of addiction -- Drug addiction : transition from neuroadaptation to pathophysiology.
- Neurochemistry of abused drugs 2008, CRCnetBASEThe dopamine transporter and addiction / William M. Meil and John W. Boja -- Neurochemistry of nicotine dependence / Darlene H. Brunzell -- Neurochemical substrates of habitual tobacco smoking / Irina Esterlis, Suchitra Krishnan-Sarin, and Julie K. Staley -- Neurochemical and neurobehavioral consequences of methamphetamine abuse / Colin N. Haile -- Neurochemical adaptations and cocaine dependence / Kelly P. Cosgrove and Julie K. Staley -- Neuropsychiatric consequences of chronic cocaine abuse / Deborah C. Mash -- Neurobiology of 3,4-methylenedioxymethamphetamine (MDMA or "ecstasy") / Michael H. Baumann and Richard B. Rothman.
- Novel psychoactive substances 2013, ScienceDirect
- Pathology, toxicogenetics, and criminalistics of drug abuse 2008, CRCnetBASEThe criminalistics of controlled substances / Joseph P. Bono -- Overview of pathology of drug abuse : scene of death and the autopsy / Charles V. Wetli -- Heart disease / Renu Virmani, Allen P. Burke, Andrew Farb -- Vascular effects of substance abuse / Frank D. Kolodgie, Allen P. Burke, Jagat Narula, Florabel G. Mullick, Renu Virmani -- Myocardial alterations in drug abusers / Steven B. Karch -- Valvular heart disease / Michael D. Bell -- Lung disease / Michael D. Bell -- Disorders of the central nervous system / Michael D. Bell -- Toxicogenetics in drug abuse : pharmacogenomics for toxicology / Robert M. White, Steven H.Y. Wong -- Toxicogenetics in drug abuse : heritable channelopathies and myopathies / Kathryn A. Glatter, Jonica Calkins, Sanjay J. Ayirookuzhi.
- Perioperative addiction 2012, Springer
- Pharmacogenomics of alcohol and drugs of abuse 2012, CRCnetBASE
- Pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of abused drugs 2008, CRCnetBASE
- Postmortem toxicology of abused drugs 2008, CRCnetBASEIntroduction to postmortem toxicology / W. Lee Hearn and H. Chip Walls -- Specimen selection, collection, preservation, and security / Bradford R. Hepler and Daniel S. Isenschmid -- Common methods in postmortem toxicology / W. Lee Hearn and H. Chip Walls -- Strategies for postmortem toxicology investigation / edited and revised by Henrik Druid -- Quality assurance in postmortem toxicology / Wilmo Andollo -- Interpretation of postmortem drug levels / Graham R. Jones.
- Promoting self-change from addictive behaviors 2007, SpringerThe phenomenon of self-change: overview and key issues -- Self-change from alcohol and drug abuse: often-cited classics -- Natural recovery or recovery without treatment from alcohol and drug problems as seen from survey data -- Remission without formal help: new directions in studies using survey data -- Natural recovery from alcohol and drug problems: a methodological review of the literature from 1999 through 2005 -- Self-change in a broader context: beyond alcohol and drugs -- One way to leave your lover: the role of treatment in changing addictive behaviors -- Promoting self-change: taking the treatment to the community -- Hostile and favorable societal climates for self-change: some lessons for policymakers -- Natural recovery: a cross-cultural perspective -- Self-change toolbox: tools, tips, websites, and other informational resources for assessing and promoting self-change.
- Smoking and tobacco control monographs v. 1-15, 1991-2003, NCI
- Social and economic control of alcohol 2008, CRCnetBASE
- State estimates of substance use from the 2002 National Survey on Drug Use and Health 2004, Google Books
- Substance abuse handbook 2007, OvidI. Etiological factors -- 1. Determinants of substance abuse and dependence -- II. Substances of abuse -- 2. Alcohol -- 3. Opiates -- 4. Cocaine -- 5. Marijuana -- 6. Amphetamines and other stimulants -- 7. Sedative-hypnotics -- 8. Hallucinogens -- 9. Phencyclidine (pcp) -- 10. Inhalants -- 11. Mdma/designer drugs -- 12. Nicotine -- 13. Caffeine -- 14. Anabolic-androgenic steroids -- III. Compulsive and addictive behaviors -- 15. Eating disorders -- 16. Pathologic gambling -- 17. Sexual addiction -- IV. Evaluation and diagnostic classification -- 18. Classification, diagnosis and diagnostic laboratory -- V. Treatments modalities -- 19. Detoxification -- 20. Methadone treatment -- 21. Buprenorphine for the treatment of opioid addiction -- 22. Alternative pharmacotherapies for opioid addiction -- 23. Acupuncture -- 24. Individual psychotherapy -- 25. Group therapy -- 26. Family/couples approaches to treatment engagement and therapy -- 27. Cognitive and behavioral therapy -- 28. Alcoholics anonymous -- 29. The therapeutic community -- 30. Network therapy -- 31. Faith-based approaches -- 32. Relapse prevention -- 33. Treatment in prisons and jails -- VI. Management of associated medical conditions -- 34. Maternal and neonatal effects of alcohol and drugs -- 35. Medical complications of drug use -- 36. HIV infections and AIDS -- 37. Acute and chronic pain -- 38. Substance use disorders in individuals with co-occurring psychiatric disorders -- VII. Life cycle -- 39. Substance abuse and the life cycle: children, adolescents and the elderly -- VIII. Women's issues -- 40. Alcohol and drugs among women -- IX. Special groups/settings -- 41. Disability and rehabilitation issues -- 42. The workplace and methadone advocacy -- 43. Physicians and other health professionals -- X. Models of prevention -- 44. The public health approach to the prevention of substance abuse -- XI. Training and education -- 45. Medical education and Clinical Personnel Training -- 46. Forensics.
- Substance abuse recovery in college 2010, SpringerThe need for college recovery services / Richard P. Wiebe, H. Harrington Cleveland, and Kitty S. Harris -- Collegiate recovery communities : what they are and how they support recovery / Kitty S. Harris, Amanda Baker, and H. Harrington Cleveland -- Facilitating identity development in collegiate recovery : an Eriksonian perspective / Matthew Russell, H. Harrington Cleveland, and Richard P. Wiebe -- Characteristics of collegiate recovery community members / H. Harrington Cleveland, Amanda Baker, and Lukas R. Dean -- Maintaining abstinence in college : temptations and tactics / Richard P. Wiebe, H. Harrington Cleveland, and Lukas R. Dean -- Daily lives of young adult members of a collegiate recovery community / H. Harrington Cleveland and Allison Groenendyk -- How membership in the collegiate recovery community maximizes social support for abstinence and reduces risk of relapse / H. Harrington Cleveland, Richard P. Wiebe, and Jacquelyn D. Wiersma -- Building support for recovery into an academic curriculum : student reflections on the value of staff run seminars / Ann M. Casiraghi and Miriam Mulsow -- Establishing college-based recovery communities : opportunities and challenges encountered / Amanda Baker.
- Substance abuse. 4th ed. 2005, OvidI.Foundations --Historical perspectives /David F. Musto --Epidemiology /Charles Winick and R.L. Norman --U.S. federal drug policy /Mathea Falco --II.Determinants of substance abuse and dependence --Genetic factors in the risk for substance use disorders /Show W. Lin and Robert M. Anthenelli --Brain-reward mechanisms /Eliot L. Gardner --Psychodynamics /Edward J. Khantzian, Lance Dodes, Nancy M. Brehm --Sociocultural issues /Bruce D. Johnson and Andrew Golub --III.Substances of abuse --Alcohol: neurobiology /Stephen L. Boehm II, C. Fernando Valenzuela, R. Adron Harris --Alcohol: clinical aspects /Bankole A. Johnson and Nassima Ait-Daoud --Opiates: neurobiology /Eric J. Simon --Opiates: clinical aspects /Clifford M. Knapp, Domenic A. Ciraulo, and Jerome Jaffe --Cocaine and crack: neurobiology /Martin Repetto and Mark S. Gold --Cocaine and crack: clinical aspects /Mark S. Gold and William S. Jacobs --The Neurobiology of marijuana /Sandra P. Welch --Marihuana: clinical aspects /Lester Grinspoon, James B. Bakalar, and Ethan Russo --Amphetamines and other stimulants /George R. King and Everett H. Ellinwood, Jr. --Sedative-hypnotics /Donald R. Wesson, David E. Smith, Walter Ling, and Richard B. Seymour --Hallucinogens /Robert N. Pechnick and J. Thomas Ungerleider --Phencyclidine (PCP) /Stephen R. Zukin, Zili Sloboda, and Daniel C. Javitt --Inhalants /Charles W. Sharp and Neil L. Rosenberg --Designer drugs /John P. Morgan --MDMA /Charles S. Grob and Russell E. Poland --Nicotine /Joy M. Schmitz and Katherine A. DeLaune --Caffeine /Laura M. Juliano and Roland R. Griffiths --Anabolic-androgenic steroids /Elyse R. Eisenberg and Gantt P. Galloway --Prescription opiate abuse /Walter Ling, Donald R. Wesson, and David E. Smith --IV.Related compulsive and addictive behaviors --Eating disorders /Mark S. Gold Jodi Star --Pathologic gambling /Sheila B. Blume and Hermano Tavares --Addiction and cults: synthesizing a model for treating ex-members /Ron Burks --Sexual addiction: nosology, diagnosis, etiology, and treatment /Aviel Goodman --Internet/computer addiction /Zebulon Taintor --Collecting, accumulation, and hoarding: acquisitions and their discontents /David A. Halperin and Jane Glick --V.Evaluation and early treatment --Diagnosis and classification: DSM-IV-TR and ICD-10 /John Cacciola and George E. Woody --Diagnostic laboratory: screening for drug abuse /Karl G. Verebey, Gerard Meenan, and Betty J. Buchan --VI.Treatment approaches --Detoxification /Grace Chang and Thomas R. Kosten --Alcoholics Anonymous /Edgar P. Nace --Alternative support groups /Arthur T. Horvath --The therapeutic community /William B. O'Brien and Fernando B. Perfas --Methadone maintenance /Joyce H. Lowinson, Ira Marion, Herman Joseph, John Langrod, Edwin A Salsitz, J. Thomas Payte, and Vincent P. Dole --Buprenorphine for the treatment of opioid addiction /Paul J. Fudala and Charles P. O'Brien --Alternative pharmacotherapies for opioid addiction /Paul J. Fudala, Robert A. Greenstein, and Charles P. O'Brien --Individual psychotherapy /Bruce J. Rounsaville, Kathleen M. Carroll, and Sudie Back --Group therapy with outpatients /Arnold M. Washton --Family/couples approaches to treatment engagement and therapy /M. Duncan Stanton and Anthony W. Heath --The role of coercion in drug treatment /Sally L. Satel and David J. Farabee --Treatment in prisons and jails /Roger H. Peters, Charles O. Matthews, and Joel A. Dvoskin --Cognitive and behavioral therapies /Lisa M. Najavits, Bruce S. Liese, and Melanie S. Harned --Network therapy /Marc Galanter --Acupuncture /Ji-Sheng Han, Alan I. Trachtenberg, and Joyce H. Lowinson --Faith-based approaches /John G. Langrod, John Muffler, James Abel, James T. Richardson, Eugenia Curet, Herman Joseph, and Pedro Ruiz --Relapse prevention /Dennis C. Daley and G. Alan Marlatt --Evaluation and outcome of treatment /Robert L. Hubbard --VII.Management of associated medical conditions --Maternal and neonatal effects of alcohol and drugs /Loretta P. Finnegan and Stephen R. Kandall --Medical complications of drug use /Marc N. Gourevitch and Julia H. Arnsten --Acute and chronic pain /Russell K. Portenoy, Richard Payne, and Steven D. Passik --Substance use disorders in individuals with co-occurring psychiatric disorders /Sylvia J. Dennison --VIII.HIV Infection and AIDS --Epidemiology and emerging public health perspectives /Don C. Des Jarlais, Holly Hagan, and Samuel R. Friedman --HIV-related medical complications and treatment /Chinazo O. Cunningham and Peter A. Selwyn --Neuropsychiatric aspects of HIV- infection /Francisco Fernandez, Jorge Maldonado, and Pedro Ruiz --Psychosocial issues of HIV/AIDS among drug users in treatment /James L. Sorensen, Nancy A. Haug, and Steven L. Batki --IX.Life cycle --Children of substance-abusing parents /Patti Juliana and Carolyn Goodman --Adolescents /Andres J. Pumariega, Mark D. Kilgus, and Leonardo Rodriguez --The elderly /Steven R. Gambert and Charles R. Albrecht III --X.Women's issues --Alcohol and women /Sheila B. Blume and Monica L. Zilberman --Drugs and women /Monica L. Zilberman and Sheila B. Blume --Women's research and policy issues /Marsha Rosenbaum and Sheigla Murphy --XI.Ethnic populations --African Americans: epidemiology, prevention, and treatment issues /Charles Madray, Lawrence S. Brown, Jr., and Beny J. Primm --Hispanic Americans /Pedro Ruiz and John G. Langrod --Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders /John W. Tsuang --Alcohol use among American Indians and Alaskan Natives /Edward F. Foulks --XII.Other populations --Gays, lesbians, and bisexuals /Robert Paul Cabaj --The homeless /Herman Joseph and John Langrod --Disability and rehabilitation issues /Allen W. Heinemann and Purva H. Rawal --Physicians and other health professionals /G. Douglas Talbott and Philip O. Wilson --New immigrants and refugees /Joseph Westermeyer --XIII.Models of prevention --School-based programs /Gilbert J. Botvin and Kenneth W. Griffin --Harm reduction: pragmatic drug policies for public health and safety /Ernest Drucker, Ethann Nadelman, Robert G. Newman, Alex Wodak, Jennifer McNeely, Kasia Malinowska-Semprucht, David Marsh, Martin Schechter, Bruna Brands, and Eugene Oscapella --Church, family, and community in the prevention and treatment of addiction among African Americans /Ronald Hopson and William B. Lawson --The public health approach to the prevention of substance abuse /Steven Jonas --XIV.Training and education --Medical education in substance abuse: the acquisition of knowledge, attitudes, and skills /John N. Chappel --Education and training of clinical personnel /David A. Deitch, Igor Koutsenok, and Karin Marsolais --Forensics /Milton Earl Burglass and Stuart Gitlow --The role of neuropsychological assessment in forensic addiction /Ari D. Kalechstein, Wilfred G. van Gorp, and Garrett J. Zelen --XV.Policy issues --A new era for methadone advocacy /Joycelyn Woods, Walter Ginter, and Tony Scro --The workplace /Paul F. Engelhart and Linda Barlow --Treatment for alcohol and drug dependence: history, workforce, organization, financing, and emerging policies /Dennis McCarty and Howard H. Goldman --Legal aspects of confidentiality of patient information /Margaret K. Brooks --Clinical and societal implications of drug legalization /Herbert D. Kleber and James A. Inciardi --Index.
- Substance use disorders. 2nd ed. 2007, OvidPt. 1. General principles of substance use disorders -- An initial approach -- Types of use -- The substance use disorders -- Screening techniques -- The first interview -- Outpatient logistics -- Laboratory studies -- Pt. 2. Substance review -- Alcohol -- Other sedatives -- Sedative detoxification -- Medications during sedative recovery -- Nicotine -- Stimulants -- Opiates/opioids -- Opioid detoxification -- Opioid maintenance programs -- Marijuana -- LSD -- Other drugs -- Substance-induced disorders -- Pt. 3. Substance use treatment -- Treatment settings -- Twelve step programs -- Prevention -- Who treats substance use? -- Treatment dilemmas -- Patient placement criteria -- Legal issues -- Spirituality / by Stanley E. Gitlow.
- Tobacco. 2nd ed. 2010, OSO"Comprehensively covers the science and policy issues relevant to one of the major public health disasters of modern times. It pulls together the etiology and burden of the myriad of tobacco-related diseases with the successes and failures of tobacco control policies. The book looks at lessons learnt to help set health policy for reducing the burden of tobacco-related diseases. It also deals with the international public health policy issues which bear on control of the problem of tobacco use and which vary between continents."--Publisher's description
- WHO framework convention on tobacco control 2012, Wellcome Trust
- This landmark new report presents the first comprehensive worldwide analysis of tobacco use and control efforts. It provides countries with a roadmap to reverse the devastating global tobacco epidemic that could kill up to one billion people by the end of this century. The report outlines the MPOWER package, a set of six key tobacco control measures that reflect and build on the WHO Framework Convention on Tobacco Control.
- Workplace drug testing 2008, CRCnetBASEIntroduction : drugs in the work place / Yale H. Caplan ; Marilyn A. Huestis -- Overview of the mandatory guidelines for federal workplace drug testing programs / Donna M. Bush -- The U.S. Department of Transportation's workplace testing program / Kenneth C. Edgell -- Drug testing in the nuclear power industry : the NRC fitness-for-duty rules / Theodore F. Shults -- Workplace drug testing outside the U.S. / Anya Pierce -- Analytical considerations and approaches for drugs / Daniel S. Isenschmid ; Bruce A. Goldberger -- Analytical approaches for drugs in biological matrixes other than urine / Pascal Kintz ; Marion Villain ; Vincent Cirimele -- Interpreting alternative matrix text results / Edward J. Cone ; Angele Sampson-Cone ; Marilyn A. Huestis -- Specimen validity testing / Yale H. Caplan -- The role of the medical review officer in workplace drug testing / John M. Mitchell ; Francis M. Esposito -- Legal issues in workplace drug testing / Theodore F. Shults.
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- AAP Red Book Online
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Sabiston Textbook of Surgery
- Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics
- Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics
- Mandell, Douglas, & Bennett's Principles & Practice of Infectious Diseases
- Red Book Online
- ICU Book
- Primary Care Medicine
- Campbell-Walsh Urology
Shortcut to Licensed Content
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Links” (IE7) or “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
Shortcut for iPhone
What is it?
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) gives you access to resources licensed by the library even when you're not coming from a Lane or a Stanford IP address.
While we'd like Lane to be your gateway to our licensed content, we recognize that links to books, articles and journals come from a variety of different sources (Google, your email, RSS reader, etc.).
When installed, it will look your browser bookmark.
At the page you would like to proxy, click the "Lane Gateway to Licensed Content" to invoke it.
If Lane licenses that content, you'll get access as if you were on campus.
How does it work?
This allows you to view the URL as though you were on campus, giving you access to materials licensed for use by the Stanford academic community.
If you're not authenticated, you'll be prompted for your SUNetID and password.
Don't see the Toolbar, Bookmarks, or Links or Favorites bar?
From the "View" menu, select "Toolbars" & choose "Bookmarks Toolbar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Show Bookmarks Bar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Always Show Bookmarks Bar"
- Right-click in a clear area near the browser address bar
- In the menu, check a box next "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites" (IE8, IE9)
- Managing IE Favorites
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) only works with resources Lane has licensed and configured to work with our proxy server.
If invoked on a resource we do not license and/or have not yet configured, you will see an error message:
The Lane proxy server cannot complete your request because this host has not been configured properly.
We make no attempt to configure our proxy server for every resource, only those we license and for which a Stanford IP address grants access.
Drag this button onto your browser toolbar to install.
- Right click this button
- Select "Add to Favorites", click "Continue" if you see a security alert
- In "Create in" menu, select "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites Bar" (IE8, IE9) to install
Drag this button onto Safari Bookmarks bar to install.
Can't find it?
- Springer Protocols
- MD Consult
- Lange Series
- National Academy Press
- NCBI Bookshelf
- Thieme Atlases