Books by Subject
- 5-minute sports medicine consult. 2nd ed. 2011, Ovid"This new addition to The 5-Minute Consult Series is a clinically oriented quick consult reference for sports medicine. For the first time, common sports-related problems faced by primary care practitioners are thoroughly and concisely presented in the famous fast-access 5-Minute Consult format.Chapters on musculoskeletal problems cover basics; diagnosis; acute treatment, including on-field management; long-term treatment, including rehabilitation and referrals; and commonly asked questions. Other chapters address the special populations of children, adolescents, females, geriatric athletes, and disabled athletes and general medical problems in athletic individuals. Appendices include clinical care algorithms, a guide to the preparticipation examination, and patient education handouts"--Provided by publisher.
- Achilles tendon 2007, Springer
- Achilles tendon treatment and rehabilitation 2009, Springer
- Nearly a million anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) injuries occur each year worldwide, causing long-term problems in the knee joint. This textbook examines the short- and long-term impacts of ACL injuries on the basis of hundreds of published studies. Risk factors for such injuries are explored using data from hypothesis-driven investigations, and possible causes of the higher risk of noncontact ACL injuries in female athletes are analyzed. Neuromuscular training programs shown to reduce the rate of these injuries in female athletes are described in step-by-step detail with the aid of numerous color photographs and video demonstrations. In addition, detailed descriptions are provided for rehabilitation programs to be used after ACL reconstruction in order to reduce the risk of a future injury.
- ACL-deficient knee a problem solving approach 2013, Springer"The ACL-Deficient Knee: A Problem Solving Approach, focuses on problem analysis and problem solving, as well as analyzing the possibility of prevention. In each chapter, the biomechanics, anatomy, etc. that are relevant to the topic are reviewed. There are chapters where highly specialized surgical techniques are presented (v. gr. double bundle reconstruction or meniscal transplant), as well as developing areas such as ACL tears in children, where we are finding a growing number of injuries due to the increase of sports at early ages."--publisher's website
- ACSM's Primary care sports medicine. 2nd ed. 2007, Ovid1. Primary care perspective / Douglas B. McKeag and James L. Moeller -- 2. Epidemiology of athletic injuries / Eric D. Zemper and Randall W. Dick -- 3. Exercise physiology and exercise testing / Carl Foster, Matthew J. Faber and John P. Porcari -- 4. Nutrition / Leslie Bonci -- 5. Preparticipation screening / James L. Moeller and Douglas B. McKeag -- 6. Conditioning and training programs for athletes/nonathletes / Sally E. Nogle and Jeffrey S. Monroe -- 7. Exercise as medicine : the role of exercise in treating chronic disease / Eric J. Anish and Chris A. Klenck -- 8. Injury prevention / Michael P. Montico, Joanne Nguyen, Scott W. Eathorne and Martha A. Steele -- 9. Covering athletic competition / Thomas R. Terrell and James L. Moeller -- 10. Management of on-site emergencies / Brent S. E. Rich, Benjamin B. Betteridge and Spencer E. Richards -- 11. Respiratory system / Jeffrey R. Kovan and James L. Moeller -- 12. Gastrointestinal system / Scott A. Paluska -- 13. Cardiovascular system / Vivien Lim, Aravind Rao Kokkirala and Paul D. Thompson -- 14. Head injuries / Margot Putukian -- 15. Peripheral neuropathy / Philip D. Zaneteas -- 16. Genitourinary system / Kevin B. Gebke -- 17. Dermatologic conditions in athletes / Delmas J. Bolin -- 18. Acute infections / Christopher A. McGrew -- 19. Hematology / Thomas H. Trojian and Diana L. Heiman -- 20. Endocrine / Thomas H. Trojian -- 21. Environment / Thomas H. Trojian -- 22. Challenged athletes / Katherine L. Dec -- 23. Common sports-related injuries and illnesses : generic conditions / Douglas B. McKeag -- 24. Head and neck / Scott H. Grindel -- 25. Shoulder and upper extremity / David J. Petron and Umar Khan -- 26. Elbow / Roger L. McCoy II and C. Edward Clark III -- 27. Wrist, hand, and finger injuries / Wade A. Lillegard -- 28. Chest and abdominal wall / Sami F. Rifat -- 29. Thoracic and lumbar spine / Scott W. Eathorne -- 30. Pelvis, hip, and upper leg / David M. Peck -- 31. Knee injuries / E. James Swenson, Jr. -- 32. Lower leg and ankle / Neeru Jayanthi -- 33. Foot and toes / Katherine L. Dec -- 34. Imaging in sports medicine / Jonathan A. Staser and Kenneth A. Buckwalter -- 35. Rehabilitation / Michael D. Jackson -- 36. Sport psychology / Christopher M. Carr -- 37. Drug use / Richard T. Ferro -- 38. Building a sports medicine practice and network / Christopher Madden -- 39. Patient and community education on physical fitness / Eric D. Zemper.
- Acute and chronic finger injuries in ball sports 2013, SpringerNeglected finger injuries may lead to chronic lesions that often have detrimental consequences for the practice of a ball sport, whether at a recreational level or at the top athlete level. The initial injury management is crucial. Depending on the type and the severity of the lesions, different people may get involved: the players themselves or their entourage, physiotherapists, club doctors, emergency physicians, family doctors, sports doctors or hand surgeons. Treatment is usually conservative: the long fingers require rapid mobilization to prevent stiffness and contrary to that, the thumb requires stability. Surgery may be necessary to reach these goals especially for athletes, because of the demands of their sport. Chronic lesions are also in part related to repeated trauma, requiring specialized long-term multidisciplinary treatment. They can often lead to the end of a sporting career, but also may limit the functionality of the fingers at the time of conversion.
- Acute muscle injuries 2014, Springer
- Acute topics in sport nutrition 2012, KargerBeta-alanine supplementation in high-intensity exercise / Harris, R.C., Sale, C. -- Arginine and citrulline supplementation in sports and exercise : ergogenic nutrients / Sureda, A., Pons, A. -- Dietary nitrate and O2 consumption during exercise / Jones, A.M., Bailey, S.J., Vanhatalo, A. -- GABA supplementation and growth hormone response / Powers, M. -- Exercise, intestinal barrier dysfunction, and probiotic supplementation / Lamprecht, M., Frauwallner, A. -- Pleuran (glucan from pleurotus ostreatus) : an effective nutritional supplement against upper respiratory tract infections / Majtan, J. -- Bovine colostrum and immune function after exercise / Davison, G. -- Supplementation with mixed fruit and vegetable concentrates in relation to exercise, performance and sport : scientific insight and practical relevance / Lamprecht, M. -- Cherry juice targets antioxidant potential and pain relief / Kuehl, K.S. -- Impact of milk consumption and resistance training on body composition of female athletes -- Josse, A.R., Phillips, S.M. -- Glycerol use in hyperhydration and rehydration : scientific update -- Van Rosendal, S.P., Coombes, J.S. -- Salt and fluid loading : effects on blood volume and exercise performance / Mora-Rodriguez, R., Hamouti, N. -- Milk protein and the restoration of fluid balance after exercise / James, L. -- Chocolate milk : a post-exercise recovery beverage for endurance sports / Pritchett, K., Pritchett, R. -- Role of supplementary l-carnitine in exercise and exercise recovery / Huang, A., Owen, K. -- Supplements and inadvertent doping : how big is the risk to athletes? / Judkins, C., Prock, P.
- Adolescent athlete a practical approach. [1st ed.] 2007, SpringerPrinciples of rehabilitation / Michelina C. Cassella and Kathleen Richards -- Diagnostic Imaging / Vernon M. Chapman and Diego Jaramillo -- Traumatic head injuries / Laura Purcell -- Cervical and thoracic spine injuries / Pierre d' Hemecourt and Jessica Flynn Deede -- Lumbar spine injuries / Merrilee Zetaruk -- Thoracoabdominal injuries / Hamish Kerr, Christine Curtis, and Pierre d' Hemecourt -- Adolescent shoulder injuries / John A. Guido, Jr. and Treg Brown -- Elbow and forearm injuries / Anthony Luke, Margaret Lee, and Marc Safran -- Injuries to the wrist, hand, and fingers / Donald S. Bae -- Pelvic, hip, and thigh injuries / Jason H. Nielson -- Knee injuries / Michelle McTimoney -- Lower leg injuries / Angela D. Smith -- Foot and ankle injuries / Angus M. McBryde, Jr., Mark D. Locke, and John P. Batson.
- Adventure and extreme sports injuries epidemiology, treatment, rehabilitation and prevention 2013, Springer1. The Management of the Extreme Sports Athlete / Omer Mei-Dan and Michael R. Carmont -- 2. Rock and Ice Climbing / Volker Schöffl -- 3. Alpine Skiing and Snowboarding Injuries / Mike Langran -- 4. Skydiving / Anton Westman -- 5. BASE Jumping / Omer Mei-Dan -- 6. Whitewater Canoeing and Rafting / Jonathan P. Folland and Kate Strachan -- 7. Surfing Injuries / Andrew T. Nathanson -- 8. Kite Surfing and Snow Kiting / Mark Tauber and Philipp Moroder -- 9. Windsurfing / Daryl A. Rosenbaum and Bree Simmons -- 10. Sailing and Yachting / Michael R. Carmont -- 11. Mountain Biking Injuries / Michael R. Carmont -- 12. Paragliding / Lior Laver and Omer Mei-Dan -- 13. Mountain, Sky, and Endurance Running / Denise Park and Michael R. Carmont -- 14. Personality Characteristics in Extreme Sports Athletes: Morbidity and Mortality in Mountaineering and BASE Jumping / Erik Monasterio -- 15. Endocrine Aspects and Responses to Extreme Sports / Karen Tordjman, Naama Constantini, and Anthony C. Hackney -- 16. Preventing Injuries in Extreme Sports Athletes / John Nyland and Yee Han Dave Lee -- 17. Rehabilitation of Extreme Sports Injuries / Peter Malliaras, Dylan Morrissey, and Nick Antoniou.
- Amino acids and proteins for the athlete the anabolic edge. 2nd ed. 2008, CRCnetBASE
- Ankle injuries are often sport related and pose a diagnostic and therapeutic challenge. Over the past 25 years, Niek van Dijk, founder of the Amsterdam Foot and Ankle School and author of this book, has developed a new philosophy of ankle arthroscopy. It entails a comprehensive approach which includes various diagnostic strategies and the application of a number of minimally invasive endoscopic techniques. The procedures are based on research programs and long-term outcome studies performed at the Orthopaedic Research Center Amsterdam. Use of these techniques has spread throughout the world; they are now recognized as the state of the art and have been used to treat many leading professional athletes. This diagnostic and operating manual presents the Amsterdam Foot and Ankle School approach for a wide variety of ankle and hindfoot problems. Clear step-by-step instructions are provided with the help of numerous high-quality illustrations, most of which are in color. Access to a web-based educational site is also available to readers.
- Ankle in football 2014, SpringerThis book creates a unique platform that covers main ankle pathologies specifically related with football. Experiences from professional players have been combined with evidence-based medical content from renowned experts in the field to present a comprehensive picture on ankle injuries in football. Worldwide, ankle injuries present a high burden for sports medicine physicians, physiotherapists, players, and coaches in and around the football pitch. This book contains updated content for both medical and nonmedical individuals involved with football.
- Athlete's shoulder. 2nd ed. 2009, ClinicalKeyThe latest edition of this in-depth look at athletic injuries of the shoulder has been updated to feature 16 new chapters, additional illustrations and algorithms, an added focus on arthroscopic treatments, and pearls that highlight key information. Additional contributing authors give you a fresh spin on new and old topics from rehabilitation exercises to special coverage of female athletes, pediatrics, and golfers. This book offers coverage of arthroscopy, total joint replacement, instability, football, tennis, swimming, and gymnastic injuries, rotator cuff injuries, and much, much more! The large range of topics covered in this text ensures that it's a great resource for orthopaedists, physical therapists, athletic trainers, and primary care physicians. Presents a multidisciplinary approach to the care of the shoulder, combining contributions from the leaders in the field of orthopedic surgery, physical therapy, and athletic training. Demonstrates which exercises your patients should perform in order to decrease their chance of injury or increase strength following an injury through illustrated exercises for rehabilitation and injury prevention. Illustrates how the shoulder is affected during activity of certain sports with a variety of tables and graphs. Covers a large range of topics including all shoulder injuries to be sufficiently comprehensive for both orthopaedists and physical therapists/athletic trainers.
- Athletic enhancement, human nature and ethics threats and opportunities of doping technologies 2013, SpringerThe book provides an in-depth discussion on the human nature concept from different perspectives and from different disciplines, analyzing its use in the doping debate and researching its normative overtones. The relation between natural talent and enhanced abilities is scrutinized within a proper conceptual and theoretical framework: is doping to be seen as a factor of the athlete's dehumanization or is it a tool to fulfill his/her aspirations to go faster, higher and stronger? Which characteristics make sports such a peculiar subject of ethical discussion and what are the, both intrinsic and extrinsic, moral dangers and opportunities involved in athletic enhancement? This volume combines fundamental philosophical anthropological reflection with applied ethics and socio-cultural and empirical approaches. Furthermore it presents guidelines to decision- and policy-makers on local, national and international levels.
- Baxter's The Foot and ankle in sport. 2nd ed. 2008, ClinicalKey
- 1. Overview of behavioral sport psychology / Garry L. Martin and Kendra Thomson -- 2. Actigraphy : the ambulatory measurement of physical activity / Warren W. Tryon -- 3. Quantitative analysis of sports / Derek D. Reed -- 4. Single-case evaluation of behavioral coaching interventions / James K. Luiselli -- 5. Cognitive assessment in behavioral sport psychology / Bradley Donohue, Yani L. Dickens, and Philip D. Del Vecchio III -- 6. Goal setting and performance feedback / Phillip Ward -- 7. Cognitive-behavioral strategies / Jeffrey L. Brown -- 8. Establishing and maintaining physical exercise / Christopher C. Cushing and Ric G. Steele -- 9. Behavioral momentum in sports / Henry S. Roane -- 10. Developing fluent, efficient, and automatic repertoires of athletic performance / Brian K. Martens and Scott R. Collier -- 11. Sport neuropsychology and cerebral concussion / Frank M. Webbe -- 12. Aggression in competitive sports: using direct observation to evaluate incidence and prevention focused intervention / Chris J. Gee -- 13. Behavioral effects of sport nutritional supplements : fact or fiction? / Stephen Ray Flora -- 14. Cognitive-behavioral coach training: a translational approach to theory, research, and intervention / Ronald E. Smith and Frank L. Smoll -- 15. Conclusions and recommendations: toward a comprehensive framework of evidenced-based practice with performers / Gershon Tenenbaum and Lael Gershgoren.
- Bio-mechanisms of swimming and flying fluid dynamics, biomimetic robots, and sports science 2008, SpringerBiological aspects of locomotive mechanisms and behaviors of animals while swimming and flying -- Hydrodynamics of swimming and flying -- Biomimetic swimming or flying robots -- Sports science.
- Cartilage restoration practical clinical applications 2014, SpringerAttempting to bridge the gap between the science and art of cartilage restoration, Cartilage Restoration: Practical Clinical Applications combines an overview of clinical research and methodologies with clinical cases to help guide the orthopedic treatment and care of patients presenting with cartilage issues. With chapters written by internationally-renowned orthopedic surgeons, topics include an overview of current surgical options, debridement and marrow stimulation, autograft plug transfer, allografts, cell therapy, and meniscal issues. Cartilage Restoration is a valuable resource for orthopedic surgeons, residents, and fellows.
- Cerebral blood flow, metabolism, and head trauma the pathotrajectory of traumatic brain injury 2013, SpringerHistorical Perspectives in Understanding Traumatic Brain Injury and in Situating Disruption in CBF in the Pathotrajectory of Head Trauma / Christopher Betrus and Christian W. Kreipke -- Situating Cerebral Blood Flow in the Pathotrajectory of Head Trauma / Justin Graves, Christopher Betrus and Jose A. Rafols -- Modeling of Traumatic Brain Injury and its Implications in Studying the Pathology of Repeated Mild Impacts to the Head / Michael J. Kane, Mariana Angoa Pérez, Denise I. Briggs, David C. Viano and Christian W. Kreipke, et al. -- The Presence of Venous Damage and Microbleeds in Traumatic Brain Injury and the Potential Future Role of Angiographic and Perfusion Magnetic Resonance Imaging / E. M. Haacke, Waqar Raza, Bo Wu and Zhifeng Kou -- Situating the Endothelin System in the Pathotrajectory of TBI-Induced Changes in Hemodynamics / Anthony Kropinski, Paula Dore-Duffy and Christian W. Kreipke -- Age and Sex Differences in Cerebral Blood Flow and Autoregulation after Pediatric Traumatic Brain Injury / William M. Armstead and Monica S. Vavilala -- New Frontiers in Clinical Trials Aimed at Improving Outcome Following Traumatic Brain Injury / Christian W. Kreipke, Anthony Kropinski, Justin Graves, David Tiesma and Michael Kaufman, et al.
- Classic papers in orthopaedics 2014, Springer
- Combat sports medicine 2009, Springer
- Complications in knee and shoulder surgery management and treatment options for the sports medicine orthopedist 2009, Springer
- Concussion 2014, KargerCerebral concussion : a historical perspective / Maroon, J.C -- Biomechanics of concussion / B.D. Stemper, F.A. Pintar -- The neurophysiology of concussion / D.A. Hovda -- Chronic traumatic encephalopathy / B. Omalu -- Cumulative effects of repetitive mild traumatic brain injury / J.E. Bailes, M.L. Dashnaw, A.L. Petraglia, R.C. Turner -- Understanding concussive injuries using investigational imaging methods / L.C. Henry -- Neurometabolic, electrophysiological, and imaging abnormalities / E. Chamard, M. Lassonde, H. Théoret -- Detection of white matter injury in concussion using high-definition fiber tractography / S.S. Shin, S. Pathak, N. Presson, W. Bird, L. Wagener, W. Schneider, D.O. Okonkwo, J.C. Fernandez-Miranda -- Magnetoencephalography in the diagnosis of concussion / R.R. Lee, M. Huang -- Evidence-based management of sport-related concussion / M. McCrea, K. Guskiewicz -- In-office management of sport-related concussion / E. Reynolds, M.W. Collins -- Treating prolonged symptoms of mild traumatic brain injury : neuropharmacology / K. Lercher, C. Camiolo Reddy -- Rehabilitation from postconcussion syndrome : nonpharmacological treatment / A.L. Nelson Sheese, T.A. Hammeke -- Concussion in ice hockey / C.M. Bonfield, D.A. Wecht, L.D. Lunsford -- Management of concussion in the professional football player / E.M. Pieroth, C. Hanks -- Developing an interdisciplinary community-based sports concussion management program / A. LoGalbo, C.M. Salinas, M. Dougherty, M. Field -- The multidisciplinary concussion management program / D.M. Panczykowski, J.E. Pardini -- Vulnerability in speed of visuomotor ability / A.B. Shuttleworth-Edwards, S.E. Radloff, V.J. Whitefield-Alexander -- Detecting eye movement abnormalities from concussion / J. Maruta, J. Ghajar -- Neurodegenerative changes after mild traumatic brain injury / S. Fakhran, L. Alhilali -- Future directions in brain injury research / T.A. Gennarelli.
- Concussions in athletics from brain to behavior 2014, SpringerConsequences of Ignorance and Arrogance for Mismanagement of Sports-Related Concussions: Short- and Long-Term Complications -- Neuropsychological Testing in Sports Concussion Management: An Evidence-Based Model when Baseline Is Unavailable -- Feasibility of Virtual Reality for Assessment of Neurocognitive, Executive, and Motor Functions in Concussion -- Feasibility of Electroencephalography for Direct Assessment of Concussion -- The Relevance of Assessing Cerebral Metabolic Recovery for a Safe Return to Play Following Concussion -- The Biomechanics of Concussion: 60 Years of Experimental Research -- Acute and Lingering Impairments in Post-concussion Postural Control -- Biomechanical Studies of Impact and Helmet Protection -- Neuropathology of Mild Traumatic Brain Injury: Relationship to Structural Neuroimaging Findings -- Metabolic Dysfunction Following Traumatic Brain Injury -- Advanced Neuroimaging of Mild Traumatic Brain Injury -- Biomarkers for Concussion -- Functional Magnetic Resonance Imaging in Mild Traumatic Brain Injury -- Predicting Postconcussive Symptoms After Mild Traumatic Brain Injury in Children and Adolescents -- Long-Term Effects of Pediatric Mild Traumatic Brain Injury -- Neuropsychological Assessment of Sports-Related Concussion: Pediatric Challenges -- Management of Collegiate Sport-Related Concussions -- Sports-Related Subconcussive Head Trauma -- The Role of the Quantitative EEG in the Diagnosis and Rehabilitation of the Traumatic Brain Injured Patients -- Current Understanding of Concussion: Treatment Perspectives -- Post-concussion Syndrome, Persistent Symptomatic Concussion, Related Sequelae, and Treatment of Mild Closed Head Injury.
- CRC desk reference on sports nutrition 2005, CRCnetBASE
- DeLee, Drez and Miller's orthopaedic sports medicine principles and practice. Fourth edition [4th ed.] 2014, MD ConsultFulltext ClinicalKeyThe revised DeLee & Drez's Orthopaedic Sports Medicine covers the surgical, medical, and rehabilitation/injury prevention topics related to athletic injuries and chronic conditions with coverage of both pediatric and aging athletes; important non-orthopaedic conditions involved in the management of the athlete; rapidly evolving techniques; and sports-related fractures. It aids in understanding rehabilitation and other therapeutic modalities in the context of return to play. It also covers arthroscopic techniques, including ACL reconstruction, allograft cartilage transplantation, rotator cuff repair, and complications in athletes, as well as injury prevention, nutrition, pharmacology, and psychology in sports.
- Developing insights in cartilage repair 2014, SpringerThis book reviews the current basic and clinical research into the mechanisms of cartilage injury and its management. It illustrates the considerable progress made in the search for solutions to cartilage related problems. Developing Insights in Cartilage Repair describes fundamental research and the use of biomaterials, bioreactors, and imaging as part of existing cartilage repair strategies, while revealing the on-going trends for emerging techniques. The aim of the Editors and their team of authorities in cartilage medicine has been to provide a link between laboratory work and the daily treatment of patients in a clinical setting. This book reveals the highly multidisciplinary nature of the topic and it will thus not only be of considerable interest to a large proportion of the orthopaedic community, but also any discipline in which cartilaginous tissue is involved, including otorhinolaryngology and plastic surgery.
- Diabetes and exercise 2009, Springer
- Diabetes and physical activity 2014, KargerThe relationship between exercise, nutrition, and type 2 diabetes / Stephenson, E.J., Smiles, W., Hawley, J.A. -- Sedentary behavior as a mediator of type 2 diabetes / Hamilton, M.T., Hamilton, D.G., Zderic, T.W. -- Increasing prevalence of type 2 diabetes in sub-Saharan Africa : not only a case of inadequate physical activity / Ojuka, E., Goyaram, V. -- Exercise interventions to prevent and manage type 2 diabetes : physiological mechanisms / Dela, F., Prats, C., Helge, J.W. -- Relationships between exercise, mitochondrial biogenesis, and type 2 diabetes / Joseph, A.-M., Hood, D.A. -- Interaction between lipid availability, endurance exercise, and insulin sensitivity / Newsom, S.A., Schenk, S. -- Mechanisms in exercise-induced increase in glucose disposal in skeletal muscle / Ojuka, E., Goyaram, V. -- The effect of exercise on obesity, body fat distribution and risk for type 2 diabetes / Goedecke, J.H., Micklesfield, L.K. -- Gene-physical activity interactions and their impact on diabetes / Kilpelinen, T.O., Franks, P.W. -- Physical activity and gestational diabetes mellitus / van Poppel, M.N.M., Ruchat, S.-M., Mottola, M.F. -- Physical activity in children : prevention of obesity and type 2 diabetes / Rush, E., Simmons, D. -- Diabetes and exercise in the elderly / Ferriolli, E., Pinheiro Amador S., Pessanha, F., Lemos S. Marchesi, J.C. -- Public health recommendations for physical activity in the prevention of type 2 diabetes mellitus / Lambert, E.V., Bull, F. -- Exercise for people with type 1 diabetes / Gallen, I.W.
- Doping in sports 2010, SpringerHistory of doping and doping control -- Biochemical and physiological aspects of endogenous androgens -- Phase-II metabolism of androgens and its relevance for doping control analysis -- Detecting the administration of endogenous anabolic androgenic steroids -- Synthetic anabolic agents: steroids and nonsteroidal selective androgen receptor modulators -- Nandrolone: a multi-faceted doping agent -- Designer steroids -- Growth hormone -- Mass spectrometry-based analysis of IGF-1 and hGH -- Insulin -- [Beta]-adrenergic stimulation -- Erythropoietin and analogs -- Blood transfusion in sports -- Athlete's biological passport and indirect markers of blood doping -- Masking and manipulation -- Hormonal growth promoting agents in food producing animals -- Some aspects of doping and medication control in equine sports -- Androgenic anabolic steroid abuse and the cardiovascular system -- Side effects of anabolic androgenic steroids: pathological findings and structure-activity relationships -- Gene doping -- Science and the rules governing anti-doping violations.
- Elbow arthroscopy 2013, SpringerAnatomy and Portals -- Arthroscopic Technique -- Osteochondritis Dissecans Lesions and Loose Bodies of the Elbow -- Arthroscopic Treatment of Lateral Epicondylitis -- Elbow Arthroscopy in Stiff Elbow -- The Role of Arthroscopy in Elbow Instability -- Endoscopy Around the Elbow -- Arthroscopic Treatment of Elbow Fractures -- Elbow Arthroscopy Complications -- Elbow Arthroscopy: The Future.
- Elite young athlete 2011, KargerA key resource for coaches, scientists and clinicians.
- Endocrinology of physical activity and sport. 2nd ed. 2013, SpringerUnderstanding the influence and interaction between physical activity and the endocrine system are of paramount importance in dealing with a multitude of health problems. In Endocrinology of Physical Activity and Sport, renowned physicians and researchers provide a comprehensive and expanded update on the scientific, clinical and practical components of endocrinology as related to sport and exercise. The authors thoroughly review what is known about how such activity affects the endocrine system and how in turn these hormonal responses affect many other organs and systems of the body. In addition, aspects of endocrinology in non-glandular tissue which have endocrine actions are addressed; for example, adipocytes and the release of leptin and related adipocytokines. Further, a wide range of clinically related topics such as athletic amenorrhea, osteopenia, sarcopenia, and hypogonadism are included. This new edition critically integrates what is known about the complex interaction of the endocrine system in the sports context and will again prove immensely valuable to all physicians and clinical investigators treating those active in sports today.
- Energy balance in motion 2013, SpringerIntroduction, Energy Balance in Animals -- Energy Balance -- Limits in Energy Expenditure -- Energy Expenditure, Physical Activity, Body Weight and Body Composition -- Extremes in Energy Intake -- Body Weight -- Growth, Growth Efficiency and Ageing -- Modern Man in Line with Wild Mammals.
- The epidemiology of injury in adventure and extreme sports / Dennis J. Caine -- The epidemiology of injury in mountaineering, rock and ice climbing / Volker Schöffl ... [et al.] -- The epidemiology of injury in hang-gliding and paragliding / Tiina Rekand -- The epidemiology of injury in scuba diving / Peter L. Buzzacott -- The epidemiology of injury among surfers, kite surfers and personal watercraft riders : wind and waves / Terri J. Pikora, Rebecca Braham, Christina Mills -- The epidemiology of injury in canoeing, kayaking and rafting / Richard C. Franklin, Peter A. Leggat -- The epidemiology of injury in bungee jumping, BASE jumping, and skydiving / Kjetil Søreide -- The epidemiology of extreme hiking injuries in volcanic environments / Travis W. Heggie, Tracey M. Heggie -- The epidemiology of injury in skateboarding / Jamie Hunter -- The epidemiology of injury in ATV and motocross sports / A. Noelle Larson, Amy L. McIntosh.
- Epidemiology of pediatric sports injuries v.1-2, 2005., Kargerv.2, 2005 Kargerpt. 1. Individual sports -- pt. 2. Team sports.
- Essential radiology for sports medicine 2010, SpringerKnee injuries / Melanie A. Hopper and Andrew J. Grainger -- Hip, pelvis, and groin injuries / Philip Robinson -- Ankle and foot injuries / Ne Siang Chew ... [et al.] -- Osseous stress injury in athletes / Melanie A. Hopper and Philip Robinson -- Shoulder injuries / Andrew J. Grainger and Philip F.J. Tirman -- Elbow injuries / Kenneth S. Lee, Michael J. Tuite, and Humberto G. Rosas -- Hand and wrist injuries / Philip J. O'Connor -- Postoperative imaging in sports medicine / Ali Naraghi and Lawrence M. White -- Muscle injury and complications / Abhijit Datir and David A. Connell -- Sports-related disorders of the spine and sacrum / Rob Campbell and Andrew Dunn -- Ultrasound-guided sports intervention / Philip J. O'Connor.
- Essentials of creatine in sports and health 2008, SpringerAn overview of creatine metabolism / Jeff S. Volek, Kevin D. Ballard, and Cassandra E. Forsythe -- Creatine supplementation in strength-power sports / Darryn S. Willoughby -- Creatine supplementation in endurance sports / Joel P. Cramer -- Creatine supplementation and woman athletes / Joan Eckerson -- Creatine consumption and health / Jacques R. Poortmans and Marc Francaux -- Clinical application / Joseph Weir -- Creatine overview : facts, fallacies, and future / Mike Greenwood.
- ESSKA instructional course lecture book 2014, SpringerThis book provides an update on a wide variety of hot topics in the field of knee surgery, sports trauma, and arthroscopy, covering the latest developments in basic science and clinical and surgical methods. It comprises the Instructional Course Lectures delivered at the 16th ESSKA Congress, which was held in Amsterdam during May 2014 and brought together the worlds leading orthopaedic and sports physicians. The contributions are all written by European and international experts in their field. Each lecture has a practical focus and provides an up-to-date synthesis of core knowledge on the subject in question with the aid of high-quality illustrations. Take home messages and key recommendations are highlighted. This book will be of value to practitioners and researchers alike.
- Exercise genomics 2011, SpringerFundamental Concepts in Exercise Genomics -- Statistical and Methodological Considerations in Exercise Genomics -- Can You Be Born a Couch Potato? The Genomic Regulation of Physical Activity -- Interaction Between Exercise and Genetics in Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus: An Epidemiological Perspective -- The Interaction Between Genetic Variation and Exercise and Physical Activity in the Determination of Body Composition and Obesity Status -- Interactive Effects of Genetics and Acute Exercise and Exercise Training on Plasma Lipoprotein-Lipid and Blood Pressure Phenotypes -- Genetic Aspects of Muscular Strength and Size -- Genomics of Aerobic Capacity and Endurance Performance: Clinical Implications -- A Synopsis of Exercise Genomics Research and a Vision for its Future Translation into Practice.
- Exercise physiology people and ideas 2003, ScienceDirectAncient and early influences / Jack W. Berryman -- The neuromuscular system / Alan J. McComas -- The cardiovascular system / Loring B. Rowell -- The respiratory system / Jerome A. Dempsey and Brian J. Whipp -- The autonomic nervous system / Charles M. Tipton -- The oxygen transport system and maximal oxygen uptake / Jere H. Mitchell and Bengt Saltin -- The metabolic systems: aerobic metabolism and substrate utilization in exercising skeletal muscle / R. James Barnard and John O. Holloszy -- The metabolic systems: anaerobic metabolism (glycolytic and phosphagen) / George A. Brooks and L. Bruce Gladden -- The endocrine system: metabolic effects of the pancreatic, adrenal, thyroidal, and growth hormones / Michael C. Riddell ... [et al.] -- The temperature regulatory system / Elsworth R. Buskirk -- The renal system / Jacques R. Poortmans and Edward J. Zambraski -- The gastrointestinal system / Carl V. Gisolfi
- Exercise, energy balance, and cancer 2013, SpringerAlthough it is well established that the worldwide pandemic of overweight and obesity has profound effects on promoting cancer, it is now recognized that alternative aspects of energy balance, namely physical activity and exercise have significant beneficial effects on all aspects of cancer across the spectrum from prevention through treatment and extending through survivorship. While the effect of physical activity and exercise on cancer may be partially mediated through obesity control, it is clear that considerable research is required and is ongoing at both the molecular and clinical levels to better understand the associated mechanisms and to develop optimal exercise strategies. This volume presents the effects of exercise on biological pathways in tumor growth, state of the art exercise strategies and cutting edge research focused on different cancers and patient groups. This important text will provide a basis for ongoing research, experimental approaches and application of evidence based practices to clinical care for patients with cancer.
- Female athlete triad a clinical guide 2015, SpringerThis is the first book of its kind to focus solely on the female athlete triad - its origins, its recognition, and most importantly, its management. Since the symptoms themselves cover a range of medical specialties, chapters are written by experts in a number of relevant fields - sports medicine, orthopedics, endocrinology, and pediatrics - with an eye toward overall care of the young female athlete. Additionally, each chapter includes suggestions on how to educate and communicate with young athletes and their parents, as well as trainers and coaches, on how to manage the illness outside of the direct clinical setting. The female athlete triad is often seen in sports where low body weight is emphasized, such as gymnastics, figure skating, and running, though it can appear in any sport or activity. The interrelated symptoms - eating disorders, amenorrhea, and low bone mass - exist on a spectrum of severity and are serious and potentially life-threatening if not properly treated. Psychological problems, in addition to medical ones, are not uncommon. The Female Athlete Triad: A Clinical Guide discusses all of these areas for a well-rounded and in-depth approach to the phenomenon and will be a useful reference for any clinician working with female athletes across the lifespan.
- "In Fitness Measures and Health Outcomes in Youth, the IOM assesses the relationship between youth fitness test items and health outcomes, recommends the best fitness test items, provides guidance for interpreting fitness scores, and provides an agenda for needed research. The report concludes that selected cardiorespiratory endurance, musculoskeletal fitness, and body composition measures should be in fitness surveys and in schools. Collecting fitness data nationally and in schools helps with setting and achieving fitness goals and priorities for public health at an individual and national level" Publisher's Summary (excerpt).
- Flexibility, a concise guide to conditioning, performance enhancement, injury prevention, and rehabilitation 2008, Springer
- Foundations of sport-related brain injuries 2006, Springer
- I. Foundations of Injury in Athletics -- Classification of Injuries in Athletics, p. 3-23 -- Science of Training and Injury in Athletics, p. 25-43 -- Balance as a Risk Factor for Athletic Injuries, p. 45-75 -- Fatigue-Related Injuries in Athletes, p. 77-95 -- Nutrition as a Risk Factor for Injury in Elite Athletes, p. 97-109 -- II. Coaches and Athletes' Perspectives of Injury -- Injury in Athletics: Coaches' Point of View, p. 113-146 -- Injury from Athletes' Perspectives, p. 147-159 -- Interviews with Injured Athletes, p. 161-195 -- Overuse Injuries: Students' Points of View, p. 197-216 -- Fitness Assessment in Athletes, p. 217-239 -- III. Psychological Traumas in Athletes -- Psychological Trauma: Unfortunate Experience in Athletics, p. 243-267 -- Fear as Adaptive or Maladaptive Form of Emotional Response, p. 269-287 -- Fear of Injury, Kinesiophobia & Perceived Risk, p. 289-309 -- Multiple Facets of Pain due to Injury, p. 311-330 -- Psychological Trauma: Case Studies, p. 331-355 -- Psychological Trauma: Age & Gender Factors, p. 357-374 -- IV. Concussion in Athletes -- Concussion: Why Bother?, p. 377-398 -- Concussion Classification: Historical Perspectives and Current Trends, p. 399-414 -- Evaluation of Concussion: Signs and Symptoms, p. 415-445 -- Traumatic Brain Injuries in Children, p. 447-466 -- V. Injury Rehabilitation -- Integrated Injury Rehabilitation, p. 469-491 -- EEG & Neurofeedback in Rehabilitation, p. 493-513 -- Virtual Reality in Injury Rehabilitation, p. 515-540.
- Functional neuroimaging in exercise and sport sciences 2012, SpringerPart 1. Theoretical Background, Animal Models, and Basic Sciences -- Exercise and the Brain: Neurogenesis, Synaptic Plasticity, Spine Density, and Angiogenesis / Zejun Wang and Henriette van Praag -- Molecular Mechanisms for the Ability of Exercise Supporting Cognitive Abilities and Counteracting Neurological Disorders / Fernando Gómez-Pinilla and Cameron Feng -- Opioids and Exercise: Animal Models / Rod K. Dishman and Philip V. Holmes -- The Monoaminergic System in Animal Models of Exercise / Romain Meeusen and Vinciane Fontenelle -- Part 2. Methods for Human Neuroimaging in Exercise and Sport Sciences: Theoretical Background and Practical Aspects -- Methods for Measurement of Physical Fitness and Training Recommendations in Studies on Humans / Wildor Hollmann, Helge Knigge, Axel Knicker and Heiko K. Strüder -- Psychological Assessments in Physical Exercise / Marcel Daamen and Markus Raab -- Assessing Somatosensory Profiles and Autonomic Nervous System Responses in Physical Exercise Studies / Michael Valet, Till Sprenger, Lukas Scheef and Henning Boecker -- Humoral Factors in Humans Participating in Different Types of Exercise and Training / Sandra Rojas Vega, Wildor Hollmann and Heiko K. Strüder -- EEG: Theoretical Background and Practical Aspects / Stefan Schneider and Heiko K. Strüder -- NIRS: Theoretical Background and Practical Aspects / Matthias Kohl-Bareis -- Theoretical Background of MR Imaging / Lukas Scheef and Frank Träber -- Functional and Structural MRI: Theoretical Background and Practical Aspects / Lukas Scheef and Henning Boecker -- PET: Theoretical Background and Practical Aspects / Isabelle Miederer and Henning Boecker -- Part 3. Effects of Exercise on Brain Perfusion, Metabolism, and Structure -- NIRS for Measuring Cerebral Hemodynamic Responses During Exercise / Stéphane Perrey -- PET Studies of Brain Metabolism in Exercise Research / Manabu Tashiro, Toshihiko Fujimoto, Mohammad Mehedi Masud, Sabina Khondkar and Shoichi Watanuki, et al. -- Physical Exercise and the Resting Brain / Christina E. Hugenschmidt, Paul J. Laurienti and Jonathan H. Burdette -- Structural Plasticity Induced by Physical Exercise / Destiny L. Miller, Andrea M. Weinstein and Kirk I. Erickson -- Part 4. Effects of Exercise on Cognitive Processing -- The Relation of ERP Indices of Exercise to Brain Health and Cognition / Charles H. Hillman, Keita Kamijo and Matthew B. Pontifex -- Relationship Between Exercise and Cognitive Processing Studied by MRI in Elderly People / Kirk I. Erickson, Sarah E. Banducci and Stephanie L. Akl -- Cross-sectional Studies on the Influence of Exercise on Brain Structure, Functional Activation, and Cognition in Health and Disease / Agnes Flöel and Stefan Knecht -- Part 5. Effects of Exercise on Affective Processing -- The Effects of Exercise on Brain Cortical Function and Its Implication on Mental Health and Mood / Stefan Schneider and Heiko K. Strüder -- Effects of Aerobic Exercise on Mood and Human Opioidergic Activation Measured by Positron Emission Tomography / Henning Boecker, Thomas R. Tölle, Michael Valet and Till Sprenger.
- Genetics and sports 2009, KargerKey concepts in human genetics : understanding the complex phenotype / W.T. Gibson -- Nature versus nurture in determining athletic ability / T.D. Brutsaert, E.J. Parra -- Genetics and sports : an overview of the pre-molecular biology era / M.W. Peeters ... [et al.] -- Genes, athlete status, and training : an overview / I.I. Ahmetov, V.A. Rogozkin -- Angiotensin : converting enzyme, renin-angiotensin system and human performance / D. Woods -- Actinin-3 and performance / N. yang, F. Garton, K. North -- East African runners : their genetics, lifestyle, and athletic prowess / V.O. Onywera -- Gene-lifestyle interactions and their consequences on human health / J. Pomeroy, A.M. Söderberg, P.W. Franks -- Genetic risk factors for musculoskeletal soft tissue injuries / M. Collins, S.M. Raleigh -- Innovative strategies for treatment of soft tissue injuries in human and animal athletes / A. Hoffmann, G. Gross -- Gene doping : possibilities and practicalities / D.J. Wells -- Genetic testing of athletes / A.G. Williams, H. Wackerhage -- The future of genetic research in exercise science and sports medicine / R.J. Trent, B. Yu.
- Injuries to the hamstring and quadriceps muscles can occur in both low- and high-impact sports and as such are among the more common injuries incurred by athletes. Reviewing the relevant physiology, epidemiology, mechanisms, clinical presentation and treatment of these conditions, Hamstring and Quadriceps Injuries in Athletes covers all sports-related injuries of the thigh musculature in one place. Topics covered include mid substance injuries, acute proximal tendon avulsions and harvesting of hamstrings, as well as strains, contusions and ruptures of the quadriceps, including the use of biologic enhancing agents in healing. Chapters on rehabilitation and injury prevention present techniques to maximize recovery and minimize long-term impairment, speeding up return to play. It will be an often-used and reliable guide for sports medicine practitioners, orthopedists, physical therapists, primary care physicians, team physicians and trainers who treat the injured athlete.
- Hip and pelvis in sports medicine and primary care 2010, SpringerEpidemiology of hip and pelvis injury -- Physical examination of the hip and pelvis -- Functional and kinetic chain evaluation -- Gait assessment -- Imaging of hip and pelvis injuries -- Adult hip and pelvis disorders -- Hip and pelvis injuries in childhood -- Specific considerations in geriatric athletes -- Hip and pelvis injuries in special populations -- Functional therapeutic and core strengthening -- Manual medicine of the hip and pelvis -- Taping and bracing for pelvic and hip injuries -- Nonsurgical interventions -- Treatment options for osteoarthritis of the hip -- Surgical interventions in hip and pelvis injuries.
- Hip magnetic resonance imaging 2014, SpringerHip Magnetic Resonance Imaging presents a basic yet comprehensive discussion of the role and use of MRI in the diagnosis and treatment of injuries and diseases of the hip, highlighting common concerns and procedures. Beginning with the principles of MRI and dGEMRIC and moving on to normal and abnormal hip anatomy, the focus shifts to the MRI techniques used in the detection of disease conditions of the hip, including labral disease, osteonecrosis, extra-articular conditions and cartilage damage. Chapters on the utilization of biochemical imaging biomarkers in the treatment of hip disorders round out the text. Written by experts in radiology and orthopedics and generously illustrated with MRI radiographs, this book will be an important reference work for clinicians in those fields, as well as practitioners of sports medicine and primary care physicians.
- Hormone use and abuse by athletes 2011, SpringerPhysical activity exerts an important influence on the endocrine system, modulating synthesis and secretion of several hormones. Almost every organ and system in the body is affected by physical activity and exercise, mainly through the endocrine and neuroendocrine system. Mode, intensity, and duration of the exercise bout, age, gender and fitness level of the individual as well as environmental and psychological factors may affect the endocrine response to physical activity. On the other hand, several hormones are able to influence physical performance and body composition. Thus, a bi-univocal interrelationship between exercise and hormones exists. In this book new developments on metabolic and endocrine response to exercise are revised and introduce the 'hot topic' of hormonal doping in sports. In the past decades, hormone abuse has become a widespread habit among professional and - most of all and more frequently - recreational athletes. A substantial part of this volume is devoted to the effects of exogenous hormones on performance. Anabolic steroids, growth hormone and erythropoietin properties, use and misuse in sports are widely described. Specific methods to detect hormone abuse are presented and discussed. The contributors to this volume are well-known experts and dedicated researchers in the fields of sports medicine and endocrinology, endocrine physiology, pharmacology, and doping detection. The purpose of this volume is to provide all professionals involved in sports medicine and endocrinology a state-of-the-art overview of the complex interactions between physical activity and the endocrine system and to focus on hormone abuse in sports at competitive and recreational level highlighting its negative consequences for long-term health.
- Imaging of orthopedic sports injuries 2007, Springer
- Instructions for sports medicine patients. 2nd ed. 2012, ClinicalKey
- Is soccer bad for children's heads? summary of the IOM Workshop on Neuropsychological Consequences of Head Impact in Youth Soccer 2002, NAP
- K taping an illustrated guide 2012, SpringerBirgit Kumbrink's bestselling guide to K Taping - finally available in English! This richly illustrated hands-on guidebook features a highly successful therapeutic approach to treating orthopedic, traumatological and many other conditions. It serves both as a perfect companion to training courses and as a reference book and refresher for health care professionals who have completed their training.A brief introduction to the basic principles of K Taping, the special elastic tapes used and the methods history is followed by 7 chapters highlighting treatment techniques and their application to 50 frequently seen conditions. Each is featured on a double page with up to five color photos, brief instruction, practical information about symptoms, dosage, progress to be expected and tips regarding variations of techniques.As the benefits of K Taping in enhancing the effects of other conservative care and surgical treatments are getting more and more appreciated, Birgit Kumbrink's K Taping An Illustrated Guide, developed by Germany based K Taping Academy, has rapidly established itself as the ultimate reference book for therapists and clinicians in an ever expanding range of medical disciplines.
- Limits of human endurance 2013, KargerCaffeine, exercise, and the brain / R. Meeusen, B. Roelands, L.L. Spriet -- Limits to human endurance : carnitine and fat oxidation / F.B. Stephens, S.D.R. Galloway -- Hydration during intense exercise training / R.J. Maughan, N.L. Meyer -- Intense exercise training and immune function / M. Gleeson, C. Williams -- Physiological and performance adaptations to high-intensity interval training / M.J. Gibala, A.M. Jones -- Effect of beta-alanine supplementation on high-intensity exercise performance / R.C. Harris, T. Stellingwerff -- Dietary protein for muscle hypertrophy / K.D. Tipton, S.M. Phillips -- The role of amino acids in skeletal muscle adaptation to exercise / N. Aguirre, L.J.C. van Loon, K. Baar -- National nutritional programs for the 2012 London Olympic Games : a systematic approach by three different countries / L.M. Burke, N. Meyer, J. Pearce.
- Managing sports injuries a guide for students and clinicians. 4th ed. 2011, ScienceDirectHealing -- Sports massage -- Taping in sport -- Physical training and injury -- Exercise therapy -- First contact management -- Lower limb motion during walking, running, and jumping -- The hip and thigh -- The knee -- The shin -- The ankle -- The foot -- The lumbar spine -- The thorax and thoracic spine -- The cervical spine -- Facial injury -- The shoulder -- The elbow -- The wrist and hand.
- Managing the injured athlete assessment, rehabilitation, and return to play 2011, ScienceDirectManaging the Injured Athlete is an innovative clinically-focused pocketbook which aims to support the clinician out in the field, helping answer clinical queries and solve problems when there may be nothing else to refer to. It focuses on developing the clinician's clinical reasoning skills, recognizing that patterns of clinical presentation are the key to problem-solving and formulating a diagnosis. As well as covering assessment, treatment and rehabilitation, the experienced authors discuss the clinician's role within a team, athlete confidentiality, travelling with athletes, drugs and doping issues, working in different climates and return to play considerations. Throughout the pocketbook patterns of positive findings are given as a key to indicate how frequently clinicians can expect to come across certain subjective and objective markers for a given condition. Starts from the point of subjective and objective examination - assessment not diagnosis Highlighted evidence points to solid literature supporting the intervention described Clinical Tips and Further Reading Case studies demonstrate principles of injury rehabilitation in practice Handy, durable format small enough to use in the field and for quick reference.
- Massive rotator cuff tears diagnosis and management 2015, Springer
- Meniscal injuries management and surgical techniques 2014, SpringerThoroughly discussing the varied elements of meniscal damage and repair, Meniscal Injuries: Management and Surgical Techniques includes the insights and expertise of over 20 leading surgeons and researchers on topics ranging from meniscal anatomy, physical examination, innovative resection and repair techniques, gene therapy, and tissue regeneration. This treatise offers wisdom aimed at assessing true surgical candidates, exploring the intricacies of meniscal composition and function, an overview of meniscal scaffolds and replacements, and patient examination pearls. Also discussed in depth is cutting edge research concerning meniscal repair enhancement, nanofiber technology as a means of meniscal replacement, and biologic agents directed toward chondral protection. All the science presented will direct the sports medicine practitioner to state-of-the-art treatment aimed at knee preservation. Meniscal repair and regeneration is a rapidly evolving science - early attempts at meniscal restoration or repair resulted in short-term gains which often sacrificed long-term joint integrity. Now, the practitioner is afforded numerous means of retaining or restoring meniscal tissue. Breakthroughs in scaffold and allograft replacement, as featured herein, offer the promise of articular cartilage preservation like never before. In addition, tissue regeneration and gene therapy techniques, featured throughout, offer a glimpse into emerging technologies aimed at preserving or replacing meniscal tissue in previously considered hopeless cases. As such, Meniscal Injuries will be an indispensible resource to orthopedic surgeons and sports medicine practitioners interested in providing the absolute most contemporary and evidence-based care to their patients.
- A reference suitable for orthopedic surgeons, trauma surgeons, sports medicine fellows, orthopedic surgery residents, physical therapists, physician assistants, and all health professionals who treat traumatic injuries of the knee. Vastly expanded from its first publication, new topics in this edition include: -ACL based multiple ligament knee injury-Mechanical graft tensioning-Fracture dislocations-Articular cartilage restoration-Meniscus transplantation-Extensor mechanism restoration. Hundreds of illustrations and photographs facilitate easy comprehension of the text. Covering everything from anatomy and biomechanics through diagnosis, classification, both non-surgical and surgical management, complications and selected case studies, gives a complete picture of a complex pathologic entity.
- Musculoskeletal health in women 2014, SpringerMusculoskeletal Health in Women aims to provide fitness advice tailored to women. As women are more prone to specific injuries than men are, due to differences in hip and knee anatomy as well as hormonal differences, this book will provides a fully-illustrated and comprehensive overview of all aspects including energy availability (which is affected by eating disorders), osteoporosis, and menstrual function. Its multidisciplinary approach ensures that expertise is provided from disciplines such as psychiatry, physiatry, endocrinology, nutrition, rheumatology, orthopedics, physical therapy and radiology. Written by authors who have extensive experience working with women athletes, Musculoskeletal Health in Women addresses a full spectrum of issues related to the musculoskeletal health of women. It is of primary interest to women athletes and women embarking on a fitness regimen. Health professionals working in this area would also invariably benefit from the advice and guidance provided within these pages.
- NCAA sports medicine handbook 2009/2010-, NCAA, Free download available for PDFs.
- Nerve and vascular injuries in sports medicine 2009, Springer
- Netter's Sports medicine 2010, ClinicalKeyNetter's Sports Medicine, by Christopher C. Madden, MD, Margot Putukian, MD, FACSM, Craig C. Young, MD, and Eric C. McCarty, MD, is a reference designed to help you meet the challenges presented by your patients in this growing interdisciplinary field. More than 1,000 Netter images, along with photos of physical examination techniques and imaging examples, provide a rich visual understanding, while a bulleted text format, combined with a user-friendly organization by specific types of injuries as well as different types of sports, makes reference quick and easy. Discussions of a full range of sports-traditional as well as less common-ensure that the coverage is comprehensive and up to date. From pre-participation exams, musculoskeletal injuries, sports nutrition, and sports psychology...to general medical problems in athletes...this reference equips you with the guidance you need to keep your patients at the top of their game. Presents more than 1,000 Netter illustrations accompanied by photos of physical examination techniques, radiographs, and other imaging techniques-including CT and MRI-that equip you with a rich visual understanding of sports medicine. Features a bulleted text format for quick-read guidance. Organizes information by specific types of injuries as well as different types of sports for an easy-to-access reference. Discusses traditional along with less common sports for comprehensive coverage that is up to date. Includes a section that examines considerations for specific athlete populations, including children, women, the senior athlete and the physically challenged, to help you meet their special needs. Presents the cross-disciplinary contributions of primary care physicians, athletic trainers, physical therapists, dentists, orthopaedic surgeons, and others, who provide a well-rounded perspective on the subject. Combines current, evidence-based information with expert clinical guidance for a high-yield reference.
- Nutrition and exercise concerns of middle age 2009, CRCnetBASESection I. Introduction -- Introduction: nutrition and exercise concerns of middle age / Judy A. Driskell -- Section II. Energy-yielding nutrients -- Carbohydrates / Michael S. Green and J. Andrew Doyle -- Lipids / Sarah J. Ehlers, Heather E. Rasmussen, and Ji-Young Lee -- Proteins / Brian S. Snyder and Mark D. Haub -- Section III. Vitamins -- Fat-soluble vitamins / Maria Stacewicz-Sapuntzakis and Gayatri Borthakur -- Vitamin C / Herb E. Schellhorn and Yi Li -- B-vitamins / George U. Liepa ...[et al.] -- Section IV. Minerals -- Major minerals--calcium, magnesium, and phosphorus / Forrest H. Nielsen -- Iron / Emily M. Haymes -- Trace elements excluding iron--chromium and zinc / Henry C. Lukaski and Angus G. Scrimgeour -- Section V. Fluids and hydration -- Fluids, electrolytes, and hydration / Douglas S. Kalman -- Section VI. Other commonly consumed substances -- Caffeine and tannins / Joy Kandiah and Valerie A. Amend -- Herbal supplements / Jidong Sun and David W. Giraud -- Section VII. Recreational activities -- Endurance training / Shawn R. Simonson and Catherine G. Ratzin-Jackson -- Resistance training / Robert J. Moffatt, Jacob M. Wilson, and Tait Lawrence -- Section VIII. Age-related disorders -- Cardiovascular issues / Susan Hazels Mitmesser -- Cancer / Farid E. Ahmed.
- Nutrition and fitness from the first Olympiad in 776 BC to the 21st century and the concept of positive health / Simopoulos, A.P. -- Omega-3 fatty acids, exercise, physical activity, and athletics / Simopoulos, A.P. -- Omega-6 fatty acids and excessive adipose tissue development / Ailhaud, G. -- Non-conventional genetic risk factors for cardiovascular disease / Allayee, H. -- ApoE genotype : impact on health, fitness, and nutrition / Angelopoulos, T.J., Lowndes, J.-- Nutrition in the prevention of chronic diseases / Tapsell, L.C., Probst, Y.C. -- Exercise and obesity : lifestyle modification as a means in prevention and treatment / Pavlou, K.N. -- Nutritional risk factors for gastrointestinal cancers : the multiethnic cohort study / Kolonel, L.N. -- Mediterranean food and diets, global resource for the control of metabolic syndrome and chronic diseases / Urquiaga, I. ... [et al.] -- The role of government in nutrition and fitness / Bourne, P.G.-- Balancing the scales : a common-sense look at global nutrition problems and what can be done about them / Clay, W.D. -- Historical perspective : the antiquity of exercise, exercise physiology and the exercise prescription for health / Tipton, C.M. -- Declaration of Olympia on nutrition and fitness : ancient Olympia, Greece, May 28-29, 1996.
- Nutrition and the strength athlete 2001, CRCnetBASE
- Nutritional applications in exercise and sport 2001, CRCnetBASE
- Nutritional assessment of athletes 2002, CRCnetBASE
- Nutritional assessment of athletes. 2nd ed. 2011, CRCnetBASE"Evaluating dietary intake, determining energy metabolism, and conducting other nutritional assessments are essential in understanding the relationships between diet, exercise, health, and physical performance, especially in athletes. Several methods exist, each with their own advantages and limitations. Extensively referenced and filled with numerous tables and figures, this timely book focuses on the nutritional assessment of both recreational and professional athletes, including children, adolescents, and adults. In one volume, it presents methods for all types of nutritional evaluations, including dietary, anthropometric, physical activity needs, biochemical, and clinical assessments"--Provided by publisher.
- Nutritional concerns in recreation, exercise, and sport 2009, CRCnetBASEEnergy requirements / Benjamin F. Miller and Barry Braun -- Carbohydrates and fats / Mark Kern -- Proteins / Tom J. Hazell and Peter W. R. Lemon -- Vitamins / Young-Nam Kim and Judy A. Driskell -- Minerals-calcium, magnesium, chromium, and boron / Stella J. Volpe -- Hydration / Susan M. Kleiner and Douglas S. Kalman -- Weight management / Richard B. Kreider and Colin D. Wilborn -- Endurance performance / Ellen J. Coleman -- Purported ergogenic aids / Abbie E. Smith, Sarah E. Tobkin, Jeffrey R. Stout and Christopher M. Lockwood -- Life cycle concerns / Peter R. J. Reaburn and Fiona E. Pelly.
- Orthopedic sports medicine principles and practice 2011, Springer
- Patellofemoral joint in the athlete 2014, SpringerPatellofemoral disorders are extremely prevalent in athletes and can lead to chronic pain, instability, weakness, and inconsistent or poor athletic performance. These disorders can be difficult to diagnose.Treatment options can vary depending upon several factors, including the sport andthe time during the sports season when the symptoms occur. Treatment also varies depending on the age of the patient and their competition level. The Patellofemoral Joint in the Athlete provides an extensive review of the physical examination, radiographic evaluation, differential diagnoses, and treatment options of common patellofemoral disorders, including patellar chondrosis, pain and instability. The contributors are nationally recognized experts in the patellofemoral joint that treat athletes of all ages and abilities. Appropriate for orthopedic surgeons, sports medicine physicians, rehabilitation physicians and physical therapists, this book is a comprehensive guide to the unique and sport-specific concerns of athletesof all ages and abilitieswith regard to the patellofemoral joint.
- A comprehensive and thorough selection of contributions from across the world, this book aims to review the current state-of-the-art in assessment and management of the patellofemoral joint. While featuring a wide range of surgical techniques for different pathologies, detailed attention is also devoted to conservative treatment and approaches involving mesenchymal stem cells, autologous chondrocyte implantation, platelet-rich plasma, and pulsed electromagnetic fields. Anatomy, clinical examination, and methods of evaluation are discussed, and individual chapters address important miscellaneous topics, including rehabilitation, complications of surgery, injuries in specific patient populations, and scoring systems. Though patellofemoral joint pathology is a frequent clinical problem, its management remains challenging for the orthopaedic surgeon. Conceived at the ISAKOS Congress held in Toronto in June 2013 as a small booklet, this work quickly turned into a major project involving more than 35 authors worldwide. The editors believe that this book will be of great value to orthopaedic doctors to improve understanding, diagnosis, and treatment of future patients.
- Pediatric and adolescent sports traumatology 2014, SpringerThis handy volume focuses on the evaluation and treatment of a wide range of sports injuries, in relation to the Tanner stage of sexual development in young athletes. Recognized leaders in each subspecialty illustrate their own treatment preferences, and a series of detailed chapters address the injuries likely to be encountered in different parts of the body, including the spine, shoulder, elbow, wrist and hand, hip, knee, ankle, and feet. Among the topics that receive particular attention are epiphyseal-physeal injuries, the still controversial issue of capsular ligament tears and the impact of their treatment on joint and bone development, and stress syndromes of the musculoskeletal system. Helpful algorithms covering the diagnosis and treatment of ligament tears are included, and advice is provided on when to return an athlete to training. One chapter is devoted to non-sports-related pathologies that have to be considered in the differential diagnosis of sports injuries in adolescents. Written by a multidisciplinary team of experts, this volume will be an excellent guide in diagnosis and in evaluating the impact of treatments for all professionals dealing with young athletes; orthopedic surgeons, physiotherapists, general practitioners and athletic trainers.
- Aerobic fitness: what are we measuring? / N. Armstrong, J.R. Welsman -- Anaerobic fitness tests: what are we measuring? / E. Van Praagh -- Secular changes in pediatric aerobic fitness test performance: the global picture / G.R. Tomkinson, T.S. Olds -- Physical fitness of children and adolescents in the United States: status and secular change / R.M. Malina -- Fitness of Canadian children: range from traditional Inuit to sedentary city dwellers, and assessment of secular changes / R.J. Shephard -- Who are the Eurofittest? / G.R.Tomkinson, T.S. Olds, J. Borms -- Changes in Eurofit test performance of Estonian and Lithuanian children and adolescents (1992-2002) / T. Jürimäe ... [et al.] -- Evolution and variability in fitness test performance of Asian children and adolescents / D.J. Macfarlane, G.R.Tomkinson -- Secular changes in aerobic fitness test performance of Australasian children and adolescents / G.R.Tomkinson, T.S. Olds -- Prevalence, trends, and environmental influences on child and youth physical activity -- J. Salmon, A. Timperio -- Evolution of maximal oxygen uptake in children / T.W. Rowland -- Distributional changes in the performance of Australian children on tests of cardiorespiratory endurance / J. Dollman, T.S. Olds -- Declines in aerobic fitness: are they only due to increasing fatness? / T.S. Olds, K. Ridley, G.R. Tomkinson.
- Perioperative care of the orthopedic patient 2014, Springer
- Physique, fitness, and performance. 2nd ed. 2007, CRCnetBASE
- Pilates - a teachers' manual exercise with mats and equipment for prevention and rehabilitation 2014, Springer"Millions of people use Pilates training to improve health and fitness, or regain movement capability following injury or disease. Competent, professional support from physiotherapists, sports teachers and trainers is of vital importance for every client or patient. "Pilates: A teachers' manual“ provides you, as a professional, with fundamental teaching structures and practical guidelines. The concepts which characterized the traditional approach to Pilates are combined with the evolved methods of modern Pilates training, and backed up by current findings in sports science and kinesiology."--Publisher's website.
- Periarticular ligamentous tissue: a biochemical and physiologic assessment / David Amiel, Sakae Sano -- Meniscus / Julie A. dodds, Steven P. Arnoczky -- Articular cartilage: a brief review of its structure, function, and repair / Wayne H. Akeson, William Bugbee -- Skeletal muscle and tendon / Thomas M. Best, John J. Wilson -- Cervical spine injuries in the athlete / Rahul Banerjee, Michael P. Bradley, Mark A. Palumbo, Paul D. Fadale -- The thoracolumbar spine / Donald Chow -- Functional spinal rehabilitation / Lorraine Hendry -- Scapulothoracic dysfunction, burners, stingers, thoracic outlet syndrome, and miscellaneous nerve injuries / Marc R. Safran, Anthony C. Luke -- Head injures and concussion / Andrew d. Pearle, Ronnie Barnes, Russell F. Warren -- Shoulder anatomy and biomechanics / Dawn L. Swarm, Andrew T. Mahar, Derek W. Weichel, Robert A. Pedowitz -- Shoulder impingement / James Patrick Tasto, John K. Locke -- Shoulder labral tears and instability / George F. Hatch III, John G. costouros, Peter J. MIllett, Jon J.P. Warner -- The rotator cuff / Richard K.N. Ryu, Graham R. Hurvitz -- Cartilage / Coarlos A. Guanche -- Pectoralis major tendon ruptures / George K. Bal, Carl J. Bansamania -- Acute injuries: shoulder fractures and acromioclavicular and sternoclavicular joint injuries / Robert Talac, Joel J. Smith -- Adhesive capsulitis / Scott P. Fischer, Serge Kaska -- Arthroscopic rotator cuff repair / James C. Esch, Jeffrey W. Taborlane -- Thermal treatment, sutures, knots, and bone anchors / Robert A. Pedowitz -- Throwing injuries / Walter A. Thomas, Heinz R. Hoenecke, Jan Fronek -- Principles of shoulder rehabilitation / Benjamin D. Rubin -- Elbow injuries / Ronald M. Selby, Marc R. Safran, Stephen J. O'Brien -- Injuries of the wrist and hand / Ethan R. Wiesler, Jian Shen, Anastasios Papadonikolakis -- Anatomy and kinematics of the hip / Mark R. Hutchinson, John Hung, J.W. Thomas Byrd -- Hip arthroscopy / Michael H. Dienst -- Intra-articular lesions / Aaron A. Bare, Carlos A. Guanche -- Hip morphology and related pathology / J.W. Thomas Byrd -- Extra-articular lesions / Aaron A. Bare, Carlos A. Guanche -- Snapping hip syndrome / J.W. Thomas Byrd -- Occult groin injuries: athletic pubalgia, sports hernia, and osteitis pubis / Michael B. Gerhardt, John A. Brown, Eric Giza -- Sports related boney lesions of the hip: fractures, stress fractures, avulsion, AVN, dislocation, and subluxation / Carlos A.M. Higuera, Joshua M. Polster, Wael K. Barsoum, Viktor E. Krebs -- Basic science of the knee / Donald H. Hohnson, Paul Johnson, Ali Alsuwaidi -- The anterior cruciate ligament -- Anterior cruciate reconstruction / Andrew Pickle, Aaron Campbell, Donald H. Johnson -- Posterior mini-incision ACLR hamstring harvest / Chadwick Prodromos -- Anatomic double bundle anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction / Steven B. Cohen, James Starman, Freddie H. Fu -- Ligament injury and pain management / R. Lance Synder, Eric C. McCarty -- Medial collateral ligament / Donald H. Johnson -- Posterior cruciate ligament and posterolateral reconstruction / Gregory C. Fanelli - Posterior curciate ligament reconstruction with the posterior inlay graft / Donald H. Johnson -- The ACL PCL injured (dislocated) knee / Gregory C. Fanellis, Daniel R. Orcutt, Justin D. Harris, David Zijerdi, Craig J. Edson -- The meniscus / Monika Voleshy, Donald H. Johnson -- Meniscus allografts / Walter R. Shelton -- Patellar problems in athletes / Jeffrey Halbrecht -- Fractures - tibial plateau, distal femur, patella, avulsions of the intercondylar eminence, Osgood-Schlatter disease / James H. Lubowitz, Wylie S. Elson, Dan Guttmann -- Tendon disorders / William D. Stanish, Horacio Yepes, Amro Al-Hibshi -- Chondral injuries and osteoarthritis -- Chondral injuries in the knee / F. Alan Barber -- Osteochondritis dissecans on the knee / Dawn L. Swarm, Robert A. Pedowitz Cartilage transplantation / Alberto Gobbi, Ramces A. Francisco -- High tibial osteotomy / Tim Spalding, Price A.M. Gallie -- Unicompartmental knee replacement / Jack M. Bert -- Anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction with patellar tendon autograft: principles of rehabilitation / K. Donald Shelbrourne, Cairon Pfennig, Scott E. Lawrance -- Leg, ankle, and foot: history, physical, and investigations / Kevin J. Wing, Alastair Younger -- Muscle strains and contusions / Michael P. Swords, Douglas P. Dietzel -- Chronic compartment syndrome / Robert A. Pdeowitz, Derek W. Weichel -- Instability of the ankle / Murray J. Penner -- Treatment of osteochondral lesions of the talar dome / James W. Stone -- Tendon disorders in the lower extremity / Mark A. Glazebrook -- Stress fractures of the athletic leg, ankle, and foot / Donald R. Boahy, Jonathan P. Cornelius, John G. Anderson -- Ligamentous lisfranc joint injuries: leg - ankle - foot: midfoot injuries, lisfranc / Michael S. Aronow -- Hallux valgus in the athlete / Walter J. Pedowitz, David I. Pedowitz -- Stress fractures in athletes / Kurt P. Spindler, Michael S. George, Christopher C. Kaeding, Annunziato Amendola -- Female issues in sport: risk factors and prevention of ACL injuries / Ligament injuries in children and adolescents / Patrick S. Brannan, Henry G. Chambers -- Environmental issues for the athlete / Mark D. Bracker, Margoire Delo, Elise T. Gordon, Judy R. Schauer -- Team physician issues; preparticipation evaluation / Bernie Lalonde -- Running on the field / Richard Hawkins -- Traveling team physician / Chadwick Prodromos -- Mass participation events / Helen D. Iams, James Williams -- Team physician consensus statement -- Sideline preparedness for the team physician -- Team physician and conditioning of athletes for sports -- Team physician and return to play issues -- Female athlete issues for the team physician.
- Radiologically-guided approach to musculoskeletal anatomy 2013, SpringerIntroduction -- Introduction / Antonio Zicca, Alberto Tagliafico -- Upper limb -- Shoulder / Erica Fisci, Alberto Tagliafico -- Elbow / Alberto Tagliafico, Carlo Martinoli -- Wrist / Alberto Tagliafico, Carlo Martinoli -- Lower limb -- Hip / Alberto Tagliafico, Erica Fisci, Carlo Martinoli -- Knee / Alberto Tagliafico, Carlo Martinoli -- Ankle / Bianca Bignotti, Carlo Martinoli, Alberto Tagliafico -- Spine -- Spine / Erica Fisci, Alberto Tagliafico
- Revision ACL reconstruction indications and technique 2014, SpringerAlthough anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) reconstruction has a high success rate, a substantial number of patients are left with unsatisfactory results. Revision ACL Reconstruction: Indications and Technique provides detailed strategies for planning and executing revision ACL reconstructions. Concise chapters by a leading group of international orthopedic surgeons cover the diagnosis of failed ACL reconstruction, patient evaluation, preoperative planning for revision ACL surgery, and complex technical considerations.
- Rotator cuff tear 2012, KargerEpidemiology, genetics, and biological factors of rotator cuff tears / Longo, U.G. ... [et al.] -- Biomechanics of the rotator cuff : European perspective / Longo, U.G. ... [et al.] -- Role of biomechanics in rotator cuff pathology : North American perspective / Karas, V.; Cole, B.J.; Wang, V.M. -- The scapula in rotator cuff disease / Ben Kibler, W. -- Instability and rotator cuff tear / Porcellini, G. ... [et al.] -- Growth factors and tendon healing / Oliva, F. ... [et al.] -- Autologous blood products in rotator cuff repair / Mei-Dan, O.; Carmont, M.R. -- Tendinopathy of the long head of the biceps / Snyder, G.M.; Mair, S.D.; Lattermann, C. -- Conservative treatment and rotator cuff tear progression / Longo, U.G. ... [et al.] -- Operative management of partial- and full-thickness rotator cuff tears -- Franceschi, F. ... [et al.] -- Subscapularis tears / Longo, U.G. ... [et al.] -- Single- and double-row repair for rotator cuff tears -- biology and mechanics / Papalia, R. ... [et al.] -- Arthroscopic transosseous rotator cuff repair / Longo, U.G. ... [et al.] -- Treatment options for chronic retracted degenerative rotator cuff tears / Deering, S.J.; Mair, S.D.; Lattermann, C. -- Synthetic augmentation in massive rotator cuff tears / Longo, U.G. ... [et al.] -- Understanding and preventing complications in repairing rotator cuff tears / Osti, L. ... [et al.].
- Shoulder arthroscopy principles and practice 2014, SpringerThis comprehensive and stunningly illustrated textbook covers the entire spectrum of shoulder disease and arthroscopic techniques. It reviews the anatomy and the biomechanics of the shoulder, basic arthroscopic procedures, advanced reconstructive surgeries, and an overview on shoulder pathologies with a special focus on surgical approach. Shoulder Arthroscopy: Principles and Practice is a highly organized reference with all chapters following a standardized format: from detailed descriptions regarding epidemiology, pathophysiology, clinical findings, imaging, indication for treatment up to a step-by-step description of current surgical techniques, including tips and tricks on how to avoid the most common mistakes and complications. There is also an entire section dedicated to the evaluation of outcome measurements. The tips and techniques presented in this book are based on the Editor and his Contributors' individual experience. The book guides the orthopaedic resident and fellow who wants to focus on shoulder diseases, but it also represents a landmark reference for expert surgeons already involved in shoulder surgery.
- Shoulder concepts 2013 Consensus and Concerns ; Proceedings of the ISAKOS Upper Extremity Committees 2009-2013 2013, SpringerThe ISAKOS Upper Extremity Committee (UEC) meets on a biannual basis for Closed Consensus Meetings. Each summit, a worldwide expert panel of surgeons and researchers convene for an in-depth discussion about a controversial topic. The purpose of this endeavor is to combine expertise and reach international consensus for the most appropriate management of various shoulder disorders. This booklet constitutes an integral part of the agreement encountered during these meetings. Section A provides a comprehensive review of the currently available Classifications and Outcome Scores for shoulder disorders, illustrating their potential pitfalls and limitations. Section B presents a summary of the Acromio-Clavicular Joint (ACJ) Consensus Summit, describing pioneering techniques to re-establish shoulder function after dislocation. Section C describes the current state of evidence of Rotator Cuff Disorders, providing novel theories regarding its underlying biomechanics and reconstruction techniques. The 2009-2013 ISAKOS UEC members hope the readers find this compendium an insightful update for daily shoulder management.
- SMART!-- sports medicine assessment and review textbook. 1st ed. 2011, ClinicalKeyThe team physician and general care of the athlete / Jennifer Hart -- Medical issues in the athlete / Jennifer Hart -- Shoulder / S. Raymond Golish ... [et al.] -- Elbow / Luke S. Oh -- Wrist & hand / Jack Ingari -- Knee / Mark D. Miller -- Hip, pelvis and thigh / Brian D. Busconi & Robert M. Masella -- Ankle and foot / Anish R. Kadakia & David Joos -- Head and spine / Sanjitpal S. Gill & Katey A. Dorweiler -- Sports medicine research and statistics / Joseph M. Hart.
- Spinal injuries and conditions in young athletes 2014, SpringerSpinal Injuries and Conditions in Young Athletes provides a comprehensive, in-depth review of the mechanisms and management of back injuries and problems occurring in this ever-growing and active population. Led by Dr. Lyle Micheli and his co-editors, an award-winning group of orthopedists discusses and explores common adolescent spine injuries and procedures, in addition to breakthroughs in gene therapy, tissue engineering, and complex operations. As spine surgery is among the most complex and challenging procedures performed in orthopedics, special considerations and procedures are required in pediatric populations. Since many corrective surgeries run the risk of arthritis later in life, particular efforts must be made in young populations to prevent future injury in a child's adolescence and young adulthood while maximizing return-to-play potential. Chapters cover acute spinal injuries, concussions, overuse injuries, spinal malformations, tumors, infections and inflammatory diseases across the range of athletics, including swimming and combat sports. Spinal Injuries and Conditions in Young Athletes provides an immeasurable guide for back surgery in pediatric populations and will be a go-to resource for practitioners and residents in pediatric orthopedics and sports medicine.
- Sports cardiology casebook 2009, Springer
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- AAP Red Book Online
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Sabiston Textbook of Surgery
- Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics
- Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics
- Mandell, Douglas, & Bennett's Principles & Practice of Infectious Diseases
- Red Book Online
- ICU Book
- Primary Care Medicine
- Campbell-Walsh Urology
Access restricted to Stanford community
Shortcut to Licensed Content
TO INSTALL, DRAG THIS BUTTON to your browser Bookmarks or Tools Bar.
Bookmark on Other Websites
- TO INSTALL, RIGHT CLICK this button.
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
- Once installed it will look like this
- Click "Bookmark on Lane" to bookmark any webpage
- Your saved bookmark will appear on this page
TO INSTALL, RIGHT CLICK this button.
Can't find it?
Look if we have it in print
- Springer Protocols
- Lange Series
- National Academy Press
- NCBI Bookshelf
- Thieme Atlases
Largest, broadest eBook package; covers all sciences, as well as technology (including software), medicine, and humanities. In addition to covering Wiley and Springer, MyiLibrary is also the only provider for Oxford and Cambridge University Press titles. No seat restrictions.Largest, broadest eBook package; covers all sciences, as well as technology (including software), medicine, and humanities. In addition to covering Wiley and Springer, MyiLibrary is also the only provider for Oxford and Cambridge University Press titles. No seat restrictions.Large number of high quality software and database programming titles from O'Reilly. Other software titles are also available from Sams and Prentice Hall. Limited to 7 concurrent users.Vast collection of software and database programming titles from multiple publishers, including Microsoft Press.Largest provider of engineering-related eBooks; includes titles in computer science and biomedical engineering.Over 4,000 full-text e-books covering scientific and technical information from CRC Press and others. Many handbooks and single volume reference sources.A repository of medical knowledge from internal medicine, cardiology, genetics, pharmacy, diagnosis and management, basic sciences, patient care, and more. Continuously expanding, all databases in the repository contain the latest editions of selected medical titles.Includes peer-reviewed life science and biomedical research protocols compiled from Methods in Molecular Biology, Methods in Molecular Medicine, Methods in Biotechnology, Methods in Pharmacology and Toxicology, Neuromethods, the Biomethods Handbook, the Proteomics Handbook, and Springer Laboratory Manuals.Contains full text access to selected biomedical and nursing books.Provides one-click access to important clinical resources; includes evidence-based diagnosis and treatment guidelines, Books, EBM articles, Ovid MEDLINE, Drug facts and comparisons, Drug interaction facts, guidelines from National Guideline Clearinghouse, patient handouts (English and Spanish), and local content.ClinicalKey provides access to textbooks, electronic journals, practice guidelines, drug information, and patient education handouts.A collection of biomedical books that can be searched directly by concept, and linked to terms in PubMed abstracts.Provides online, full-text access to Springer's journal titles as well as journals from other publishers. Subjects include: life sciences, chemical sciences, environmental sciences, geosciences, computer science, mathematics, medicine, physics and astronomy, engineering and economics. Also includes eBooks.Collection of over 8 thousand fulltext titles in engineering, math, and basic and applied biomedical research. Coverage is from 1967 to the present.A library of ebooks on a wide array of topics, digitized and made available online in conjunction with the original publishers.