Books by Subject
Sexually Transmitted Diseases
- Atlas of sexually transmitted diseases and AIDS. 4th ed. 2010, ClinicalKeyGenital and Dermatologic Examination -- Gonorrhea -- Infections Caused by Chlamydia Trachomatis -- Genital Mycoplasmas -- Vaginal Infections -- Pelvic Inflammatory Disease -- Syphilis -- Chancroid -- Chancroid -- Genital Herpes -- Genital Human Papillomavirus Infections -- Viral Hepatitis -- Human Immunodeficiency Virus Infection and the Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome : Epidemiology -- Human Immunodeficiency Virus Infection and the Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome : Viral Pathogenesis, Laboratory Diagnosis and Monitoring -- Human Immunodeficiency Virus Infection and the Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome : Diagnosis and Management -- Sexually Transmissible Infections in Infants, Children and Adolescents -- Infestations -- Syndromic Management -- Appendix 1 The Laboratory Diagnosis of STDs - Principles, Selection, and Evaluation of Diagnostic Tests -- Appendix 2 Media, Stains, Reagents and Test Procedures.
- History of behavioral interventions in STD control / Laura J. McGough and H. Hunter Handsfield -- Behavioral interventions for STDs : theoretical models and intervention methods / Janet S. St. Lawrence and J. Dennis Fortenberry -- Biomedical interventions / Stuart Berman and Mary L. Kamb -- Dyadic, small group, and community-level behavioral interventions for STD/HIV prevention / Donna Hubbard McCree, Agatha Eke, and Samantha P. Wiliams -- Structural interventions / Frederick R. Bloom and Deborah A. Cohen -- STD prevention communication : using social marketing techniques with an eye on behavioral change / Miriam Y. Vega and Khalil G. Ghanem -- Partner notification and management interventions / Matthew Hogben, Devon D. Brewer and Matthew R. Golden -- Interventions in sexual health care-seeking and provision at multiple levels of the U.S. health care system / Matthew Hogben and Lydia A. Shrier -- Use of the internet in STD/HIV prevention / Mary McFarlane and Sheana S. Bull -- Male condoms / Lee Warner and Katherine M. Stone -- STI vaccines : status of development, potential impact, and important factors for implementation / Nicole Liddon, Gregory D. Zimet, and Lawrence R. Stanberry -- Behavioral interventions for prevention and control of STDs among adolescents / Kathleen A. Ethier and Donald P. Orr -- Biological and behavioral risk factors associated with STDs/HIV in women : implications for behavioral interventions / Donna Hubbard McCree and Anne M. Rompalo -- STD prevention with men who have sex with men in the United States / Kevin A. Fenton and Frederick R. Bloom -- STD repeaters : implications for the individual and STD transmission in a population / Jami S. Leichliter, Jonathan M. Ellen and Robert A. Gunn -- Looking inside and affecting the outside : corrections-based interventions for STD prevention / Saimantha P. Williams and Richard H. Kahn -- STDs among illicit drug users in the United States : the need for interventions / Salaam Semaan, Don C. Des Jarlais, and Robert M. Malow -- Quantitative measurement / Mary McFarlane and Janet S. St. Lawrence -- Qualitative methods / Pamina M. Gorbach and Jerome Galea -- From data to action : integrating program evaluation and program improvement / Thomas J. Chapel and Kim Seechuk -- Cost-effectiveness analysis / Thomas L. Gift and Jeanne Marrazzo -- From best practices to better practice : adopting model behavioral interventions in the real world of STD/HIV prevention / Cornelis A. Rietmeijer and Alice A. Gandelman -- The ethics of public health practice for the prevention and control of STDs / Salaam Semaan and Mary Leinhos -- Policy and behavioral interventions for STDs / Jonathan M. Zenilman.
- Current diagnosis & treatment of sexually transmitted diseases 2007, AccessMedicineScreening guidelines for sexually transmitted diseases, including HIV infection / Jeffrey D. Klausner -- I. Syndromes -- Vaginal discharge / Jane Schwebke -- Urethral discharge / Jonathan M. Zenilman -- Genital ulcer disease / Daniel E. Cohan and Kenneth Mayer -- Lower abdominal pain in women / Mark H. Yudin and Harold C. Wiesenfeld -- Epididymitis & the acute scrotum syndrome / William M. Geisler and John N. Krieger -- Persistent & recurrent urethtitis / Philip M. Grant and Thomas M. Hooton -- Pelvic inflammatory disease / Craig R. Cohen -- Proctitis & proctocolitis / Anne M. Rompalo -- Cervicitis / Jeanne M. Marrazzo -- Bacterial vaginosis / Jane R. Schwebke -- II. Infections -- Chancroid / Stephanie N. Taylor and David H. Martin -- Genital chlamydial infections / William M. Eisler and Walter E. Stamm -- Genital herpes / Peter Leone -- External genital warts / Peter V. Chin-Hong and Joel M. Palefsky -- Gonorrhea / Heidi Swygard, Arlene C. Sena, Peter Leone, and Myron S. Cohen -- Lymphogranuloma venereum / Christopher S. Hall -- Trichomoniasis / Jane R. Schwebke -- Syphilis / Michael Augenbraun -- Neurosyphilis / Roger P. Simon -- III. Special topics -- Sexually transmitted diseases in HIV-infected persons / Lisa A. Mills and Thomas C. Quinn -- Sexually transmitted diseases in pregnancy / Natali Aziz and Craig R. Cohen -- Sexually transmitted diseases in adolescents / Renata Arrington-Sanders, Jeri Dyson, and Jonathan Ellen -- Sexually transmitted diseases in men who have sex with men / William Wong -- Sexually transmitted diseases in women who have sex with women / Jeanne M. Marrazzo -- Principles of serologic testing or syphilis / Edward W. Hook III -- Principles of risk reduction counseling / Cornelis A. Rietmeijer -- Partner notification & management / Thomas A. Peterman and Richard H. Kahn -- Management of abnormal pap smears / Michael E. Hagensee -- Commonly encountered genital dermatoses / Laura Hinkle Bachmann -- The sexual history / Jeffrey D. Klausner.
- Gender policy and HIV in China catalyzing policy change 2009, SpringerChina's concentrated HIV epidemic is on the brink of becoming a generalized one and syphilis infection has become a major public health threat. Social factors relating to gender and gender inequality exacerbate the spread of HIV and sexually transmitted infections (STI) in China. A better understanding of the proximate social determinants of HIV related to gender will be crucial to effectively curbing HIV and other STIs in China. Aspects of China's governance - including administrative procedures, the developing legal system, social institutions, and the public health infrastructure are instrumental in shaping strategies and responses to HIV. International studies suggest that women who are more economically and socially vulnerable may also have a greater risk of HIV infection, yet few initiatives have focused on discrete areas where achievable and sustainable gender policy measures could be linked to the public health response. This study presents perspectives ranging from criminology to social psychology to better understand how gender perspectives can inform HIV policy in the context of China. - Publisher's Description.
- HIV infection and the cardiovascular system 2003, Karger
- Human herpesvirus-6 general virology, epidemiology, and clinical pathology. 2nd ed. 2006, ScienceDirect
- Human papillomaviruses 2007, IARC1. Human Papillomavirus (HPV) infection -- 2. Studies of cancer in humans -- 3. Studies of animal papillomaviruses -- 4. Molecular mchanisms of HPV-induced carcinogenesis -- 5. Summary of data reported and evaluation -- 6. References
- Men's health 2013, SpringerMen's Health is a concise, didactic compendium that covers three important aspects of male sexual health:- Testosterone Deficiency Syndrome; Premature Ejaculation and Sexually Transmitted Infections (STIs).The chapters that deal with Testosterone Deficiency Syndrome cover the epidemiology of the condition in the local context, the science behind the condition, its clinical presentation and treatment choices.The section on Premature Ejaculation advises the health practitioner on how to investigate this condition and describes the various treatment options available to the patient.The chapters on Sexually Transmitted Infections cover special aspects of the diagnosis, prevention and treatment of STIs occurring in Men which are not normally highlighted in the usual texts on STI management.Written by experts in the field, Men's Health is a valuable and timely resource for urologists, andrologists, endocrinologists as well as other health professionals practicing in these areas.
- New public health and STD/HIV prevention personal, public, and health systems approaches 2013, SpringerSocio-demographic societal and supra-societal determinants and influences -- Social determinants of sexual networks, partnership formation, and sexually transmitted infections -- Epidemiology of STI and HIV: an overview of concentration and geographical and temporal dispersion -- Migration and the transmission of STIs -- Sexual networks and sexually transmitted infections: the strength of weak (long distance) ties -- Personal risk and public impact: balancing individual rights with STD and HIV prevention -- Critical factors in approaches to prevention -- Distribution of prevention resources and impact of sexual health in the USA -- Scaling up, coverage, and targeting -- Electronic media and STI prevention -- Twenty-first century leadership for public health and HIV/STI prevention -- Critical reveiws: enw public health focus for populations at risk for STI/HIV -- Enhancing women's sexual health: prevention measures in diverse populations of women -- Prevention of HIV and other blood-borne and sexually transmitted diseases in people who inject drugs: current status and future prospects -- Health, seuxal health, and syndemicsL toward a better appraoch to STI and HIV preventive interventions for men who have sex with men (MSM) in the United States -- Social determinants of sexual health in the USA among racial and ethnic minorities -- Adolescent sexual health and sexually transmitted infections: a conceptual and empirical demonstration -- Critical reviews: new public health STD/HIV prevention -- Preventing HIV/AIDS in the United States, 1981-2009: history in the making -- National strategic approach to improving the health of gay and bisexual men: experience in Australia -- Reducing disparities in sexual health: lessons learned from the campaign to eliminate infectious syphilis from the United States -- Human papillomavirus vaccine and prevention of human papillomavirus-associated disease in the USA -- Chlamydia control: a comparative reveiw from the USA and UK.
- Sexual health and genital medicine in clinical practice 2007, Springer
- "These guidelines for the treatment of persons who have sexually transmitted diseases (STDs) were developed by CDC after consultation with a group of professionals knowledgeable in the field of STDs who met in Atlanta, Georgia, during April 19-21, 2005. The information in this report updates the Sexually Transmitted Diseases Treatment Guidelines, 2002 (MMWR 2002;51[No. RR-6]). Included in these updated guidelines are an expanded diagnostic evaluation for cervicitis and trichomoniasis; new antimicrobial recommendations for trichomoniasis; additional data on the clinical efficacy of azithromycin for chlamydial infections in pregnancy; discussion of the role of Mycoplasma genitalium and trichomoniasis in urethritis/cervicitis and treatment-related implications; emergence of lymphogranuloma venereum protocolitis among men who have sex with men (MSM); expanded discussion of the criteria for spinal fluid examination to evaluate for neurosyphilis; the emergence of azithromycin- resistant Treponema pallidum; increasing prevalence of quinolone-resistant Neisseria gonorrhoeae in MSM; revised discussion concerning the sexual transmission of hepatitis C; postexposure prophylaxis after sexual assault; and an expanded discussion of STD prevention approaches." - p. 1
- Sexually transmitted diseases vaccines, prevention and control 2000, ScienceDirectI. Epidemiology, physiology and immunology. 1. Global epidemiology of sexually transmitted diseases / Anthony L. Cunningham, Adrian Mindel and Dominic E. Dwyer ; 2. The changing epidemiology of sexually transmitted diseases: the Russian experience / Mikhail Gomberg, Vagan A. Akovbian and Anna A. Koubanova ; 3. The genital tract: developmental, anatomical and microbiological factors affecting STD acquisition and strategies for prevention / Morris D. Cooper ; 4. Mucosal immunity of the genital tract / David I. Bernstein and Gregg N. Milligan -- II. Non-specific strategies for control. 5. Behavioral and psychological factors associated with STD risk / Susan L. Rosenthal, Sheila S. Cohen, and Frank M. Biro ; 6. Physical barrier methods: acceptance, use and effectiveness / Joseph Kelaghan ; 7. Topical microbicides / Penelope J. Hitchcock -- III. Pathogens and vaccines. 8. Genital and perinatal herpes simplex virus infections: prophylactic vaccines / Lawrence R. Stanberry ; 9. Therapeutic vaccines for control of herpes simplex virus chronic infections / Pierre Vandepapelière ; 10. Cytomegalovirus / John D. Shanley ; 11. Genital papillomavirus infection / Jessica L. Severson, Karl R. Beutner and Stephen K. Tyring ; 12. Therapeutic vaccines for control of human papillomavirus chronic infections / Pierre Vandepapelière ; 13. Hepatitis B virus infection / Jane N. Zuckerman and Arie J. Zuckerman ; 14. Therapeutic vaccines for chronic hepatitis B infection / Pierre Vandepapelière ; 15. Chlamydia / Robert C. Brunham and Grant McClarty ; 16. Gonorrhea: epidemiology, control and prevention / Jonathan M. Zenilman and Carolyn D. Deal ; 17 Syphilis / Adrian Mindel and Claudia Estcourt ; 18. HIV vaccines: milestones and new insights / Bonnie J. Mathieson -- Index.
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases: A Practical Guide for Primary Care, Second Edition, covers the diagnosis and treatment of STDs and other information critical to patient care, and reflects the last five years of significant changes in information about STDs. Updated to reflect the 2010 Centers for Disease Control Guidelines on the Treatment of STDs, this book also contains new information about: -the epidemiology of herpes virus infections -expedited partner therapy -changes in recommendations for HPV vaccination for men -changes in resistance patterns for antimicrobial therapy for gonorrhea and chlamydia -treatment recommendations for genital warts In order to better meet clinician needs, the book has been streamlined to quickly convey critical, evidence-based information. Whether seeking information about particular conditions (including HPV, herpes, syphilis, trichomaniasis, HIV, and others) or related patient issues (such as STD exposure evaluation and evaluation of sexual assault), Sexually Transmitted Diseases, Second Edition, contains all the knowledge clinicians need in a friendly, to-the-point format.
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- AAP Red Book Online
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Sabiston Textbook of Surgery
- Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics
- Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics
- Mandell, Douglas, & Bennett's Principles & Practice of Infectious Diseases
- Red Book Online
- ICU Book
- Primary Care Medicine
- Campbell-Walsh Urology
Access restricted to Stanford community
Shortcut to Licensed Content
TO INSTALL, DRAG THIS BUTTON to your browser Bookmarks or Tools Bar.
Bookmark on Other Websites
- TO INSTALL, RIGHT CLICK this button.
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
- Once installed it will look like this
- Click "Bookmark on Lane" to bookmark any webpage
- Your saved bookmark will appear on this page
TO INSTALL, RIGHT CLICK this button.
Can't find it?
Look if we have it in print
- Springer Protocols
- Lange Series
- National Academy Press
- NCBI Bookshelf
- Thieme Atlases
Largest, broadest eBook package; covers all sciences, as well as technology (including software), medicine, and humanities. In addition to covering Wiley and Springer, MyiLibrary is also the only provider for Oxford and Cambridge University Press titles. No seat restrictions.Largest, broadest eBook package; covers all sciences, as well as technology (including software), medicine, and humanities. In addition to covering Wiley and Springer, MyiLibrary is also the only provider for Oxford and Cambridge University Press titles. No seat restrictions.Large number of high quality software and database programming titles from O'Reilly. Other software titles are also available from Sams and Prentice Hall. Limited to 7 concurrent users.Vast collection of software and database programming titles from multiple publishers, including Microsoft Press.Largest provider of engineering-related eBooks; includes titles in computer science and biomedical engineering.Over 4,000 full-text e-books covering scientific and technical information from CRC Press and others. Many handbooks and single volume reference sources.A repository of medical knowledge from internal medicine, cardiology, genetics, pharmacy, diagnosis and management, basic sciences, patient care, and more. Continuously expanding, all databases in the repository contain the latest editions of selected medical titles.Includes peer-reviewed life science and biomedical research protocols compiled from Methods in Molecular Biology, Methods in Molecular Medicine, Methods in Biotechnology, Methods in Pharmacology and Toxicology, Neuromethods, the Biomethods Handbook, the Proteomics Handbook, and Springer Laboratory Manuals.Contains full text access to selected biomedical and nursing books.Provides one-click access to important clinical resources; includes evidence-based diagnosis and treatment guidelines, Books, EBM articles, Ovid MEDLINE, Drug facts and comparisons, Drug interaction facts, guidelines from National Guideline Clearinghouse, patient handouts (English and Spanish), and local content.ClinicalKey provides access to textbooks, electronic journals, practice guidelines, drug information, and patient education handouts.A collection of biomedical books that can be searched directly by concept, and linked to terms in PubMed abstracts.Provides online, full-text access to Springer's journal titles as well as journals from other publishers. Subjects include: life sciences, chemical sciences, environmental sciences, geosciences, computer science, mathematics, medicine, physics and astronomy, engineering and economics. Also includes eBooks.Collection of over 8 thousand fulltext titles in engineering, math, and basic and applied biomedical research. Coverage is from 1967 to the present.A library of ebooks on a wide array of topics, digitized and made available online in conjunction with the original publishers.