Books by Subject
- Angiogenesis in inflammation 2008, Springer
- Ankylosing spondylitis 2011, SpringerOverview of ankylosing spondylitis -- Clinical manifestations of ankylosing spondylitis -- Diagnosis of ankylosing spondylitis -- Imaging in ankylosing spondylitis -- Management of ankylosing spondylitis -- Socioeconomic aspects of ankylosing spondylitis.
- Ankylosing spondylitis and Klebsiella 2013, Springer
- Arthritis 2011, CRCnetBASE
- Arthritis and allied conditions. 15th ed. 2005, OvidSect. I. Introduction to the study of the rheumatic diseases -- Sect. II. Scientific basis for the study of the rheumatic diseases -- Sect. III. Therapeutic approaches in the rheumatic diseases -- Sect. IV. Surgical intervention in the rheumatic diseases -- Sect. V. Rheumatoid arthritis -- Sect. VI. Other inflammatory arthritis syndromes -- Sect. VII. Systemic rheumatic diseases -- Sect. VIII. Vasculitis and related diseases -- Sect. IX. Miscellaneous rheumatic diseases -- Sect. X. Regional disorders of joints and related structures -- Sect. XI. Osteoarthritis -- Sect. XII. Metabolic bone and joint diseases -- Sect. XIII. Infectious arthritis.
- Arthritis in black and white. 3rd ed. 2012, ScienceDirectImaging techniques and modalities -- Evaluation of the hand film -- Approach to the foot -- Approach to the hip -- Approach to the knee -- Approach to the shoulder -- The sacroiliac joint -- The "phytes" of the spine -- Radiographic changes observed in a specific articular disease -- Rheumatoid arthritis -- Psoriatic arthritis -- Reactive disease -- Ankylosing spondylitis -- Osteoarthritis -- Neuropathic osteoarthropathy -- Diffuse idiopathic skeletal hyperostosis -- Gout -- Calcium pyrophosphate dihydrate crystal deposition disease -- Hydroxyapatite deposition disease -- Miscellaneous deposition diseases -- Collagen vascular diseases (connective tissue diseases) -- Juvenile idiopathic arthritis -- Hemophilia -- Mass-like arthropathies.
- Arthritis research v. 1-2, 2007, Springer Protocolsv. 2, 2007 Springer Protocols
- Atlas of psoriatic arthritis 2007, Springer
- Behçet's syndrome 2010, SpringerIntroduction: dedicated Mondays and an acquaintance-based view of Behçet's syndrome -- History and diagnosis -- Epidemiology of Behçet's syndrome and regional differences in disease expression -- The mucocutaneous manifestations of pathergy reaction in Behçet's disease -- Eye disease in Behçet's syndrome -- Behçet's syndrome and the nervous system -- Vascular disease in Behçet's syndrome -- Endothelial dysfunction and atherosclerosis in Behçet's syndrome -- Locomotor system disease in Behçet's syndrome -- Behçet's disease: gastrointestinal involvement -- Miscellaneous manifestations of Behçet's disease -- Juvenile Behçet's syndrome -- Behçet's disease: pathology -- Disease mechanisms -- Genetics of Behçet's disease -- Animal models of Behçet's disease -- Prognosis in Behçet's syndrome -- Disease assessment in Behçet's disease -- Medical management of Behçet's syndrome.
- Bone-metabolic functions and modulators 2012, Springer
- Cartilage and osteoarthritis 2004, Springer Protocolsv. 2 Springer ProtocolsA simple and reliable assay of proteoglycan synthesis by cultured chondrocytes -- Assays of proteoglycan and collagen degradation in cultures of rabbit cartilage explants -- Production of antibodies against degradative neoepitopes in aggrecan -- Immunoassays for collagens in chondrocyte and cartilage explant cultures -- Detection of apoptosis in cartilage in situ and in isolated chondrocytes -- Expression, activity, and regulation of MAP kinases in cultured chondrocytes -- Mechanical loading of chondrocytes embedded in 3D constructs: in vitro methods for assessment of morphological and metabolic response to compressive strain -- In vitro physical stimulation of tissue-engineered and native cartilage --v. 1. Cellular and molecular tools. Culture and phenotyping of chondrocytes in primary culture -- Culture of chondrocytes in alginate beads -- Immortalization of human articular chondrocytes for generation of stable, differentiated cell lines -- Culture of immortalized chondrocytes and their use as models of chondrocyte function -- Generation of pluripotent stem cells and their differentiation to the chondrocytic phenotype -- Semiquantitative analysis of gene expression in cultured chondrocytes by RT-PCR -- Quantification of mRNA expression levels in articular chondrocytes with PCR technologies -- RNA extraction from cartilage -- Gene expression analysis in cartilage by in situ hybridization -- Analysis of differential gene expression in healthy and osteoarthritic cartilage and isolated chondrocytes by microarray analysis -- High-efficiency nonviral transfection of primary chondrocytes -- In vitro gene transfer to chondrocytes and synovial fibroblasts by adenoviral vectors -- Changes of chondrocyte metabolism in vitro: an approach by proteomic analysis -- Analysis of chondrocyte functional markers and pericellular matrix components by flow cytometry --v. 2. Structure and in vivo analysis. Generation and use of transgenic mice as models of osteoarthritis -- Development and clinical application in arthritis of a new immunoassay for serum type IIA procollagen NH2 propeptide -- Histological and immunohistological studies on cartilage -- Histochemical visualization of the cartilage hyaladherins using a biotinylated hyaluronan oligosaccharide bioaffinity probe -- Methods for cartilage and subchondral bone histomorphometry -- Laser-mediated microdissection as a tool for molecular analysis in arthritis -- Analysis of protein distribution in cartilage using immunofluorescence and laser confocal scanning microscopy -- Molecular and biochemical assays of cartilage components -- Mechanical characterization of native and tissue-engineered cartilage -- Noninvasive study of human cartilage structure by MRI -- High-resolution MRI techniques for studies in small-animal models -- High-resolution imaging of osteoarthritis using microcomputed tomography -- High-resolution ultrasonograpy for analysis of age- and disease-related cartilage changes -- Evaluation of cartilage composition and degradation by high-resolution magic-angle spinning nuclear magnetic resonance -- Pulsed-field gradient-nuclear magnetic resonance (PFG NMR) to measure the diffusion of ions and polymers in cartilage: applications in joint diseases -- Dynamics of collagen in articular cartilage studied by solid-state NMR methods -- Computerized protocol for anatomical and functional studies of joints.
- Cartilage imaging 2011, Springer
- Case studies in systemic sclerosis 2011, Springer
- Clinical aspects and laboratory. 6th, rev. and updated ed. 2011, Springer
- Clinical trials in rheumatology 2011, Springer
- Clinician's manual on ankylosing spondylitis 2009, Springer
- Clinician's manual on lupus 2012, Springer
- Clinician's pearls and myths in rheumatology 2009, Springer
- Combined scintigraphic and radiographic diagnosis of bone and joint diseases. 4th, rev. and enl. ed. 2013, Springer
- Current diagnosis & treatment in rheumatology 2007, AccessMedicine
- Current rheumatology diagnosis & treatment. 2nd ed. 2007, AccessMedicine
- Dictionary of rheumatology 2009, Springer
- Dubois' Lupus erythematosus. 7th ed. 2007, Ovid
- Foot and ankle in rheumatoid arthritis 2006, SpringerDiagnosis of rheumatoid arthritis at an early stage / P. Miossec and J. Tebib, p. 1-8 -- The Rheumatoid foot. Pathomechanics, clinical and radiological features. Therapeutic conditions / M. Bouysset and P. Hugueny, p. 9-48 -- Some reflections on pathomechanics of the rheumatoid foot and ankle / X. Crevoisier, p. 49-72 -- CT and MRI in rheumatoid arthritis (midfoot, hindfoot and ankle) / Th. Tavernier, p. 73-95 -- Management of the patient with rheumatoid arthritis / J. Tebib and P. Miossec, p. 97-109 -- Footwear for the rheumatoid foot and ankle / M. Bouysset, P. Hugueny, G. Guaydier-Souquières and F. Lapeyre, p. 111-121 -- Corticosteroid injections and synoviortheses of the foot and ankle in rheumatoid arthritis / M. Bouysset, P. Hugueny, B. Gintz, J. Jalby and J. Tebib, p. 123-130 -- Forefoot surgery for rheumatoid arthritis / Y. Tourné, p. 131-147 -- Hindfoot surgery for rheumatoid arthritis / B. Valtin and Th. Leemrijse, p. 149-167 -- Points of view about synovectomy of the ankle joint in rheumatoid arthritis / H. Thabe, p. 169-178 -- Total ankle replacement. History, evolution of concepts, designs and surgical technique / M. Bonnin, T. Judet, T. Siguier and J. Colombier, p. 179-200 -- Some reflections about the evolution of ankle prosthesis / H. Kofoed, p. 201-206 -- Total ankle replacement in rheumatoid arthritis: treatment strategy / M. Bonnin, M. Bouysset, J. Tebib and E. Noël, p. 207-219 -- Respective indications of talocrural arthrodesis and ankle prosthesis with different situations in rheumatoid arthritis / K. Tillmann and B. Fink, p. 221-228 -- Surgical strategy in surgery of the lower limb in rheumatoid arthritis / W. Souter, p. 229-236 -- Surgery of the foot and ankle in patients with rheumatoid arthritis: some reflexions / F. Koeck, G. Heers, W. Caro and J. Grifka, p. 237-46.
- Geriatric rheumatology 2011, SpringerPart 1. Aging and Comorbidity in Rheumatology -- The Immune System in Aging / Anjali Desai and Raymond L. Yung -- Bone Aging / Arthur N. Lau and Jonathan D. Adachi -- Atherosclerosis in the Rheumatic Diseases: Compounding the Age Risk / Naoto Yokogawa and Joan M. Von Feldt -- Neuropsychiatric Manifestations of Rheumatic Diseases in the Elderly / Jamal A. Mikdashi -- Tuberculosis and Rheumatoid Arthritis in the Elderly / Eduardo M. Acevedo-Vásquez, Darío Ponce de León and Rocío V. Gamboa-Cárdenas -- Widespread Pain in Older Adults / Cheryl D. Bernstein, Jordan F. Karp and Debra K. Weiner -- Part 2. Multidisciplinary Approach to Geriatric Rheumatology -- Pharmacotherapy Considerations Unique to the Older Patient / Keith A. Swanson and Mark A. Stratton -- Rheumatic Disease in the Nursing Home Patient / Joanne Sandberg-Cook -- Post-acute Care for Rheumatologists / Deborah W. Robin -- The Gerontorheumatology Outpatient Service: Toward an International Classification of Function-Based Health Care Provision for the Elderly with Musculoskeletal Conditions / Wim Van Lankveld, Josien Goossens and Marcel Franssen -- Health Policy, Public Health, and Arthritis Among Older Adults / Kristina A. Theis, Debra R. Lubar and Teresa J. Brady -- Physical Therapy Management of Select Rheumatic Conditions in Older Adults / Maura Daly Iversen and Madhuri K. Kale -- Arthrocentesis in the Elderly / Ahmed S. Zayat and Richard J. Wakefield -- Physical Activity in Older Adults with Arthritis / Dorothy D. Dunlop, Pamela A. Semanik and Rowland W. Chang --Part 3. Rheumatic Diseases in the Elderly -- Systemic Lupus Erythematosus in Elderly Populations / Ana M. Bertoli, Guillermo J. Pons-Estel, Paula I. Burgos and Graciela S. Alarcón -- Elderly Onset Rheumatoid Arthritis / Venkata Sri Cherukumilli and Arthur Kavanaugh -- Disease-Modifying Antirheumatic Drug Use in Older Rheumatoid Arthritis Patients / Sogol S. Amjadi, Veena K. Ranganath and Daniel E. Furst -- Epidemiology, Risk Factors, and Aging of Osteoarthritis / Crisostomo Bialog and Anthony M. Reginato -- Osteoarthritis in the Elderly Population / Roy D. Altman -- Medium- and Small-Vessel Vasculitis / Rafael G. Grau -- Management of Geriatric Gout / Lan X. Chen -- Calcium-Containing Crystal-Associated Arthropathies in the Elderly Population / Elisabeth B. Matson and Anthony M. Reginato -- Polymyalgia Rheumatica and Giant Cell Arteritis in the Elderly / Wolfgang A. Schmidt -- Antiphospholipid Syndrome in the Older Population / Silvia S. Pierangeli, Alan M. Seif and Emilio B. González -- Osteoporosis and Metabolic Bone Diseases of the Elderly / Lora Giangregorio and Alexandra Papaioannou -- Infectious Arthritis in the Elderly / Nicole Melendez and Luis R. Espinoza -- Sarcopenia and Myopathies in the Elderly / Kenneth S. O'Rourke -- Scleroderma in the Elderly Population / Rebecca L. Manno and Fredrick M. Wigley -- Sjögren's Syndrome in the Elderly / Raymond L. Yung and Sheeja Francis.
- Gout 2013, Springer
- Gout and other crystal arthropathies 2012, ScienceDirect
- Handbook of osteoporosis 2011, Springer
- Hereditary basis of rheumatic diseases 2006, Springer
- Hospital for Special Surgery manual of rheumatology and outpatient orthopedic disorders. 5th ed. 2006, OvidMusculoskeletal history and physical examination -- Thinking like a rheumatologist -- Immunology for the primary care physician -- Rheumatologic laboratory tests -- Immunogenetic aspects of rheumatic diseases -- Bone, connective tissue, joint and vascular biology and pathology -- Diagnostic imaging techniques -- Arthrocentesis, intra-articular injection, and synovial fluid analysis -- Measuring clinical outcomes in rheumatic disease -- Ethical and legal considerations -- Patient education -- Psychosocial aspects of the rheumatic diseases -- Acute management of musculoskeletal and autoimmune diseases -- Monarthritis/polyarthritis: differential diagnosis -- Muscle pain and weakness -- Rash and arthritis -- Raynaud's phenomenon -- Autoimmune and inflammatory ophthalmic diseases -- Neck pain -- Low back pain -- Shoulder pain -- Elbow pain -- Hip pain -- Knee pain -- Ankle and foot pain -- Sports injuries -- The female athlete -- Bursitis and tendinitis -- Rheumatoid arthritis --Systemic lupus erythematosus -- Antiphospholipid syndrome -- Dermatomyositis, polymyositis, and inclusion body myositis -- Sjögren's syndrome -- Systemic sclerosis and related syndromes -- Polymyalgia rheumatica and giant cell arteritis -- Childhood rheumatic diseases -- The vasculitides -- Pregnancy and connective tissue disorders -- Ankylosing spondylitis -- Arthritis associated with ulcerative colitis and Crohn's disease -- Psoriatic arthritis -- Reactive arthritis -- Gout -- Pseudogout (calcium pyrophosphate dihydrate crystal arthropathy) -- Human immunodeficiency virus -- Infectious arthritis -- Lyme disease -- Osteomyelitis -- Rheumatic fever -- Whipple's disease -- Osteoarthritis -- Osteonecrosis -- Osteoporosis -- Paget's disease of bone -- Endocrine arthropathies -- Fibromyalgia and chronic pain -- Paraneoplastic musculoskeletal syndromes and hypertrophic osteoarthropathy -- Miscellaneous diseases with rheumatic manifestations -- Prosthetic joint replacement -- Perioperative care of the patient with rheumatic disease -- Physical therapy -- Occupational therapy: therapist's management of rheumatologic disorders of the hand.
- Hughes syndrome 2012, Springer
- Hypermobility of joints. 4th ed. 2012, Springer
- Inflammatory arthritis in clinical practice 2008, Springer
- Inflammatory myopathies 2009, SpringerEvaluation of the patient -- Classification of idiopathic inflammatory myopathies -- Inflammatory milieu: cells and cytokines -- Juvenile dermatomyositis: an update on clinical and laboratory findings -- Inclusion body myositis -- Role of muscle biopsy in the diagnosis of inflammatory myopathy -- Electromyography -- Magnetic resonance imaging of myopathies and myositis -- Ultrasound in the evaluation of the inflammatory myopathies -- Serological findings -- Antisynthetase syndrome -- Pulmonary manifestations of inflammatory myopathy -- Dermatological manifestations of dermatomyositis -- Differential diagnosis of inflammatory myopathy -- Outcomes and assessment for inflammatory muscle disease -- Muscle strength and exercise in patients with inflammatory myopathies -- Risk of malignancy in patients with dermatomyositis and polymyositis -- Treatment.
- Injection procedures 2011, SpringerBasic principles of joint and soft tissue injection procedures -- Pharmacotherapy of joint and soft tissue injections -- Viscosupplementation -- Low back pain: considerations of when to refer patients for interventional spine procedures -- Administrative aspects of office-based injection procedures -- The shoulder -- The elbow -- The wrist -- The hand -- The hip -- The knee and its region -- The ankle and the foot.
- Kelley's Textbook of rheumatology. 8th ed. 2009, MD ConsultBiology of the normal joint -- Synovium -- Cartilage and chondrocytes -- Biology, physiology, and morphology of bone -- Muscle: anatomy, physiology, and biochemistry -- Joint biomechanics: the role of mechanics and joint pathology -- Proteinases and matrix degradation -- Mononuclear phagocytes in rheumatic diseases -- T lymphocytes -- B cells -- Fibroblasts and fibroblast-like synoviocytes -- Neutrophils and eosinophils -- Mast cells -- Platelets and rheumatic diseases -- Autoimmunity -- Innate immunity -- Adaptive immunity including organization of lymphoid tissues -- Genetics of rheumatic diseases -- Complement system -- Signal transduction -- Prostaglandins, leukotrienes, and related compounds -- Cell recruitment and angiogenesis -- Cell survival and death in rheumatic diseases -- Animal models of inflammatory arthritis -- Neurologic regulation of inflammation -- Atherosclerosis in rheumatoid arthritis -- Principles of epidemiology in rheumatic disease -- Economic burden of rheumatic diseases -- Clinical trial design and analysis -- Assessment of health outcomes -- Biologic markers -- Occupational and recreational musculoskeletal disorders -- Integrative medicine in rheumatology: an evidence-based approach -- History and physical examination of the musculoskeletal system -- Monarticular arthritis -- Polyarticular arthritis -- Fibromyalgia -- Neck pain -- Shoulder pain -- Low back pain -- Hip and knee pain -- Foot and ankle pain -- Hand and wrist pain -- Temporomandibular joint pain -- The eye and rheumatic diseases -- The skin and rheumatic diseases -- Synovial fluid analysis, synovial biopsy, and synovial pathology -- Arthrocentesis and injection of joints and soft tissue -- Antinuclear antibodies -- Rheumatoid factors and other autoantibodies in rheumatoid arthritis -- Acute-phase reactants and the concept of inflammation -- Imaging modalities in rheumatic disease -- Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs -- Glucocorticoid therapy -- Methotrexate, leflunomide, sulfasalazine, hydroxychloroquine, and combination therapies -- Immunoregulatory drugs --Anticytokine therapies -- Cell-targeted biologics and emerging targets: rituximab, abatacept, and other biologics -- Chronic musculoskeletal pain -- Arthritis self-management -- Psychosocial management of rheumatic diseases -- Nutrition and rheumatic diseases -- Introduction to physical medicine and rehabilitation -- Etiology and pathogenesis of rheumatoid arthritis -- Clinical features of rheumatoid arthritis -- Treatment of rheumatoid arthritis -- Felty's syndrome -- Sjören's syndrome -- Ankylosing spondylitis -- Undifferentiated spondyloarthritis and reactive arthritis -- Psoriatic arthritis -- Enteropathic arthritis -- Pathogenesis of systemic lupus erythematosus -- Clinical features and treatment of systemic lupus erythematosus -- Antiphospholipid syndrome -- Systemic sclerosis and the scleroderma-spectrum disorders -- Inflammatory diseases of muscle and other myopathies -- Overlap syndromes -- The classification and epidemiology of systemic vasculitis -- Giant cell arteritis, polymyalgia rheumatica, and takayasu's arteritis -- Antineutrophil cytoplasmic antibody-associated vasculitis -- Polyarteritis and related disorders -- Isolated angiitis of the central nervous system -- Immune complex-mediated small vessel vasculitis -- Behçet's disease -- Gout and hyperuricemia -- Diseases associated with articular deposition of calcium pyrophosphate dihydrate and basic calcium phosphate crystals -- Pathogenesis of osteoarthritis -- Clinical features of osteoarthritis -- Management of osteoarthritis -- Metabolic bone disease -- Proliferative bone diseases -- Osteonecrosis -- Relapsing polychondritis -- Heritable diseases of connective tissue -- Juvenile idiopathic arthritis -- Systemic lupus erythematosus, juvenile dermatomyositis, scleroderma, and vasculitis -- Bacterial arthritis -- Lyme disease -- Mycobacterial infections of bones and joints -- Fungal infections of the bones and joints -- Rheumatic manifestations of human immunodeficiency virus infection -- Viral arthritis -- Poststreptoccocal arthritis and rheumatic fever -- Amyloidosis -- Sarcoidosis -- Hemochromatosis -- Hemophilic arthropathy -- Rheumatic manifestations of hemoglobinopathies -- Arthritis accompanying endocrine and metabolic disorders -- Musculoskeletal syndromes in malignancy -- Familial autoinflammatory syndromes -- Tumors and tumor-like lesions of joints and related structures.
- London Lupus Centre, Book of lupus 2009, Springer
- Molecular mechanisms of spondyloarthropathies 2009, SpringerClinical assessment in the spondyloarthropathies / Ruth Wittoek and Herman Mielants -- Imaging in spondyloarthritis / Walter P. Maksymowych -- Spondyloarthritis, diffuse idiopathic skeletal hyperostosis (DISH), and chondrocalcinosis / Jácome Brugues Armas, Ana Rita Couto, and Bruno Filipe Bettencourt -- The enthesis organ concept and its relevance to the spondyloarthropathies / Michael Benjamin and Dennis McGonagle -- Synovial and mucosal immunopathology in spondyloarthritis / Bernard Vandooren, Paul P. Tak, and Dominique Baeten -- Bone loss in the spondyloarthropathies : role of osteoclast, RANKL, RANK, and OPG in the spondyloarthropathies / Allen P. Anandarajah and Edward M. Schwarz -- RANKL/RANK as key factors for osteoclast development and bone loss in arthropathies / Andreas Leibbrandt and Josef M. Penninger -- Bone formation versus bone resorption in ankylosing spondylitis / Georg Schett --Biomarkers in spondyloarthropathies / Chun-Hsiung Chen, David Tak Yan Yu, and Chung-Tei Chou -- Therapy of spondyloarthritides / Jürgen Braun -- Genomewide screens in ankylosing spondylitis / Matthew A. Brown -- Subtypes of HLA-B27 : history and implications in the pathogenesis of ankylosing spondylitis / John D. Reveille -- Implications of structural and thermodynamic studies of HLA-B27 subtypes exhibiting differential association with ankylosing spondylitis / Andreas Ziegler ... [et al.] -- HLA-B27-bound peptide repertoires : their nature origin and pathogenetic relevance / José A. López de Castro.
- Musculoskeletal sonography 2007, Springer
- New therapeutic targets in rheumatoid arthritis 2009, Springer
- Nutrition and rheumatic disease 2008, Springer
- Osteoarthritis. 4th ed. 2007, Ovid
- Patellofemoral pain, instability, and arthritis 2010, SpringerPathophysiology of anterior knee pain -- Pathophysiology of lateral patellar dislocation -- Natural history of patellofemoral dislocations -- Clinical presentation of patellofemoral disorders -- Clinical examination of the patellofemoral patient -- Standard X-ray examination: patellofemoral disorders -- Patellar height: which index? -- Stress radiographs in the diagnosis of patellofemoral instability -- Computed tomography and arthro-CT scan in patellofemoral disorders -- MRI analysis of patella instability factors -- MRI of the patellofemoral articular cartilage -- Patellofemoral pain syndrome: the value of pinhole and SPECT scintigraphic imaging and quantitative measurements of bone mineral equivalent density with quantitative computed tomography -- Gait analysis in patients with patellofemoral disorders -- Iatrogenic anterior knee pain with special emphasis on the clinical radiographical, histological, ultrastructural and biochemical aspects after anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction using ipsilateral autografts -- Non-operative treatment of patellofemoral pain: role of physical therapy -- Lateral release of the lateral patellofemoral retinaculum: literature review for select patellofemoral disorders -- Medial side patellofemoral anatomy -- Arthroscopic medial reefing in acute patellar dislocation -- Medial reefing in chronic potential patellar instability -- Medial patellofemoral ligament reconstruction -- MPFL reconstruction: the adductor sling approach -- Importance and radiographic identification of the femoral insertion in medial patellofemoral ligament reconstruction -- MPTL (medial patellotibial ligament) reconstruction -- Distal realignment: medialization of tibial tuberosity: the Elmslie-Trillat technique -- Bony surgery distal realignment surgery -- Trochlear lengthening osteotomy with or without elevation of the lateral trochlear facet -- Proximal open trochleoplasty (grooveplasty) -- Deepening trochoplasty for patellar instability -- Arthroscopic deepening trochleoplasty for patella instability -- The role of limb rotational osteotomy -- Long-term results after autologous chondrocyte implantation in cartilage lesions of the patellofemoral joint -- Novel nano-composite multilayered biomaterial for the treatment of patellofemoral cartilage lesions -- Isolated patellofemoral osteoarthritis: natural history and clinical presentation -- The nonoperative treatment of patellofemoral arthritis -- Current concepts regarding tibial tubercle osteotomy -- Isolated patellofemoral osteoarthritis: prosthetic indications -- Post-operative management of surgeries aimed at correcting patellofemoral instability: results of an international surgeon survey -- Errors and complications in patellofemoral surgery -- Trochleoplasty for symptomatic trochlear dysplasia in the skeletally immature patient with review of fetal anatomy -- Patellofemoral disorders in the skeletally immature patients.
- Pediatric rheumatology in clinical practice 2007, Springer
- Pocket primer on the rheumatic diseases. 2nd ed. 2010, SpringerHistory and physical examination -- Laboratory assessment -- Arthrocentesis and synovial fluid analysis -- Imaging techniques -- Monarticular joint disease -- Polyarticular joint disease -- Regional rheumatic pain syndromes -- Fibromyalgia and diffuse pain syndromes -- Rheumatoid arthritis -- Juvenile idiopathic arthritis -- Psoriatic arthritis -- Ankylosing spondylitis -- Reactive and enteropathic arthritis -- Osteoarthritis -- Calcium pyrophosphate dehydrate, hydroxyapatite, and miscellaneous crystals -- Infectious disorders -- Systemic lupus erythematosus -- Antiphospholipid syndrome -- Systemic sclerosis -- Idiopathic inflammatory myopathies -- Metabolic myopathies -- Sjogren's syndrome -- Vasculitides -- Behcet's syndrome -- Adult Still's disease -- Autoinflammatory disorders/periodic syndromes -- Less common arthropathies -- Complex regional pain syndrome -- Osteonecrosis -- Paget's disease -- Osteoporosis -- Therapeutic injection -- Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs -- Glucocorticoids -- Operative treatment -- Complementary and alternative therapies.
- Polymyalgia rheumatica and giant cell arteritis 2010, SpringerPolymyalgia Rheumatica and Giant Cell Arteritis - an overview with a focus on important factors contributing to the severity of the disease / Jozef Rovenský, Burkhard F. Leeb, Viera Štvrtinová, Richard Imrich and Juraj Duda -- Polymyalgia Rheumatica, Temporal Arteritis and Occurrence of Malignant Tumors / Jozef Rovenský and Alena Tuchyňová -- Coronary involvement and atherosclerosis in Giant Cell Arteritis / Viera Štvrtinová, Jozef Rovenský and Alena Tuchyňová -- T cells and their role in Polymyalgia Rheumatica and Giant Cell Arteritis / Stanislava Blažíčková and Jozef Rovenský -- Cytokines in Polymyalgia Rheumatica and Giant Cell Arteritis / Jozef Rovenský and Richard Imrich -- Genetic factors in Giant Cell Arteritis and Polymyalgia Rheumatica / Vladimír Bošák -- Polymyalgia rheumatica (PMR) and vascular complications / Viera Štvrtinová, Svetoslav Štvrtina and Jozef Rovenský -- Chronobiology of Polymyalgia Rheumatica and Giant Cell Arteritis / Howard Bird -- Histopathology of Giant Cell (temporal) Arteritis - changes in aorta / Svetoslav Štvrtina and Jozef Rovenský -- Ultrasonography in Polymyalgia Rheumatica and/or Giant Cell Arteritis / Peter Poprac and Jozef Rovenský -- Therapy of Polymyalgia Rheumatica and Giant Cell Arteritis / Jozef Rovenský and Richard Imrich -- Diagnostic Criteria, Treatment, and Monitoring of Polymyalgia Rheumatica/Giant Cell Arteritis / Burkhard F. Leeb, Thomas Nothnagl, Martin Steindl and Bernhard Rintelen.
- Primer on the rheumatic diseases. 13th ed. 2008, SpringerPublic health and arthritis : a growing imperative / Patience H. White and Rowland W. Chang -- Evaluation of the patient -- Musculoskeletal signs and symptoms -- Molecular and cellular basis of immunity and immunological diseases / Kevin Elias, Richard Siegel, and John J. O'Shea -- Genetics and disease / James Kelley and Robert P. Kimberly -- Rheumatoid arthritis -- Juvenile idiopathic arthritis -- Psoriatic arthritis -- Ankylosing spondylitis -- Reactive and enteropathic arthrits / Robert D. Inman -- Osteoarthritis -- Gout -- Calcium pyrophosphate dihydrate, hydroxyapatite, and miscellaneous crystals / Geraldine McCarthy -- Infectious disorders -- Systemic lupus erythematosus -- Antiphospholipid syndrome / Michelle Petri -- Systemic sclerosis -- Idiopathic inflammatory myopathies -- Metabolic myopathies / Alan N. Baer -- Sjögren's syndrome / Troy Daniels -- Vasculitides -- Relapsing polychondritis / Harvinder S. Luthra -- Adult-onset Still's disease / John M. Esdaile -- Periodic syndromes / John G. Ryan and Daniel L. Kastner -- Less common arthropathies -- Complex regional pain syndrome / Geoffrey Littlejohn -- Sarcoidosis / Edward S. Chen -- Storage and deposition diseases / Duncan A. Gordon -- The amloidoses / Pasha Sarraf and Jonathan Kay -- Neoplasms of the joint / Andrew J. Cooper, James D. Reeves, and Sean P. Scully -- Heritable disorders of connective tissue / Reed Edwin Pyeritz -- Bone and joint dysplasias / William A. Horton -- Osteonecrosis / Thorsten M. Seyler, David Marker, and Michael A. Mont -- Paget's disease of bone / Roy D. Altman -- Osteoporosis -- Rehabilitation of patients with rheumatic diseases / Thomas D. Beardmore -- Psychosocial factors in arthritis / Alex Zautra and Denise Kruszewski -- Self-management strategies / Teresa J. Brady -- Pain management / John B. Winfield -- Therapeutic injections of joints and soft tissues / Juan J. Canoso -- Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs / Leslie J. Crofford -- Glucocorticoids / Frank Buttgereit and Gerd-Rüdiger Burmester -- Operative treatment of arthritis / Joseph A. Buckwalter and W. Timothy Ballard -- Complementary and alternative therapies / Erin L. Arnold and William J. Arnold -- Criteria for the classification and diagnosis of the rheumatic diseases -- Guidelines for the management of rheumatic diseases -- Supplement and vitamin and mineral guide.
- Psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis 2005, Springer
- Review of rheumatology 2012, SpringerThe Musculoskeletal System -- Mediators of Rheumatic Pathology -- Immunity -- Genetics -- Rheumatoid Arthritis -- Psoriatic Arthritis -- Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (SLE) -- Arthritis Associated with Calcium-Containing Crystals -- Gout -- Vasculitides -- Systemic Sclerosis and Related Syndromes -- Sjögren's Syndrome -- Behcet's Disease -- Relapsing Polychondritis -- Antiphospholipid Syndrome -- Adult Still's Disease -- Therapeutic Injections for Rheumatic Diseases -- Nonsteroidal Anti-inflammatory Drugs -- Corticosteroids -- Disease-Modifying Antirheumatic Drugs -- Cytotoxic and Immunoregulatory Agents -- Biologic Agents -- Osteoporosis -- Metabolic Bone Disorders -- Paget's Disease of Bone -- Osteonecrosis -- Hypertrophic Osteoarthropathy -- Storage and Deposition Diseases -- Amyloidoses -- The Autoinflammatory Diseases.
- Rheumatoid arthritis 2004, Ovid
- Rheumatoid arthritis and Proteus 2012, Springer
- Rheumatology in practice 2010, SpringerThe Importance of Rheumatic Diseases, The Satisfaction Of Caring For These Patients -- Pain, Disease and Suffering an Integrated Perspective -- The Structure and Function of the Musculoskeletal System Sources of Pain -- Diagnostic Strategy the Main Syndromes in Rheumatology -- The Standard Enquiry in Rheumatology -- The General Clinical Examination -- Regional Syndromes Neck Pain -- Regional Syndromes The Painful Shoulder -- Regional Syndromes The Elbow And Forearm -- Regional Syndromes the Wrist and Hand -- Regional Syndromes Low Back Pain -- Regional Syndromes The Hip -- Regional Syndromes The Knee -- Regional Syndromes the Foot and Ankle -- Generalized Pain Syndrome Fibromyalgia Osteoarthritis -- Inflammatory Arthritides Diagnostic Strategies -- Monoarthritis -- Chronic, Additive, Symmetrical, Peripheral Polyarthritis -- Chronic, Asymmetrical Oligo- Or Polyarthritis -- Chronic Proximal Oligoarthritis -- Arthritis of the Shoulder and Pelvic Girdles Polymyalgia Rheumatica -- Acute Oligo- or Polyarthritis Febrile Arthritis Arthritis with Mucocutaneous Manifestations -- Inflammatory Low Back Pain -- Systemic Syndromes Connective Tissue Diseases Vasculitis Raynaud's Phenomenon -- Osteoporotic Syndrome Osteoporosis -- Bone Syndrome Bone Diseases -- Rheumatic Symptoms in Children and Adolescents -- Treating Rheumatic Diseases, General Principles -- Drugs Commonly Used in Rheumatic Diseases.
- Rheumatology. Clinical scenarios, syndrome or disease 2011, Springer1. Diagnostic Training and Rheumatology Trees -- 2. Explanations of Figures and Case Reports with Individual Therapeutic Options -- 3. Index of Figures (Fig.) and CS with Syndromes (for Self-assessment) -- Appendix: Index of the Solutions to the Syndromes and Diagnostics (for Rapid Diagnosis).
- Rheumatology. Symptoms and syndromes 2011, Springer1. Articular disorders -- 2. Diseases of the spine -- 3. Soft-tissue rheumatism and related disorders -- 4. Regional arthrological and musculoskeletal syndromes -- 5. Paraneoplastic syndromes (PNS) in rheumatology -- 6. Algorithms in articular and musculoskeletal disorders: integrated diagnostic screening program: staged diagnostics -- 7. Algorithms in arthrological and musculoskeletal disorders -- 8. General symptoms (BVAS = maximum of 3 out of 63 points) -- 9. Involvement of connective tissue structures -- 10. System-/organ involvement -- 11. (Auto) immunological phenomena and serological diagnostics -- 12. Treatment-induced and associated conditions and diseases -- 13. Integrated diagnostic screening program staged diagnostics -- 14. Algorithms for connective tissue disease and vasculitis.
- Self assessment questions in rheumatology 2009, Springer
- Sjögren's syndrome 2012, Springer
- Sjögren's syndrome 2011, SpringerIntroduction -- A Note from Sweden: Recollection of Henrik Sjögren -- Myths, Pearls, and Tips Regarding Sjögren's Syndrome -- Providing Information to Referring Physicians and Patients -- Current Concepts on Classification Criteria and Disease Status Indexes in Sjögren's Syndrome -- Histopathology and Glandular Biopsies in Sjögren's Syndrome -- Imaging Technology in Sjögren's Syndrome: Non-invasive Evaluation of the Salivary Glands -- Genomics and Viruses in Sjögren's Syndrome -- Autoantibodies and Autoantigens in Sjögren's Syndrome -- B-cell Epitopes of Sjögren's Syndrome-Related Autoantigens Ro/SSA and La/SSB -- Neurobiology and Hormonal Control of Lacrimal and Salivary Gland Function -- Overview of Management of Dry Eye Associated with Sjögren's Syndrome -- Pathogenesis: Emphasis on Dry Eye and the Role of the Lacrimal Functional Unit in Sjögren's Syndrome -- Oral and Dental Manifestations of Sjögren's Syndrome: Current Approaches to Diagnostics and Therapy -- Etiology and Pathogenesis of Sjögren's Syndrome with Special Emphasis on the Salivary Glands -- Otolaryngologic Manifestations of Sjögren's Syndrome -- Extraglandular Manifestations of Sjögren's Syndrome (SS): Dermatologic, Arthritic, Endocrine, Pulmonary, Cardiovascular, Gastroenterology, Renal, Urology, and Gynecologic Manifestations -- Therapy of Dermatologic, Renal, Cardiovascular, Pulmonary, Gynecologic, Gastro-enterologic, Urologic and Fibromyalgia Manifestations Including Special Considerations at the Time of Surgery -- Current Treatment of Extraglandular Manifestations with Disease-Modifying and Immunosuppressive Agents -- Lymphoproliferation and Lymphoma in Sjögren's Syndrome -- Fatigue, Dryness, and Quality of Life as Clinical Trial Outcomes in Primary Sjögren's Syndrome -- The Neurological Manifestations of Sjögren's Syndrome: Diagnosis and Treatment -- New Approaches for the Management of Dry Mouth in Sjögren's Syndrome in Japan -- New Approaches for the Management of Dry Mouth and Dry Eye in Sjögren's Syndrome in Japan Dry Eye Part -- Sjögren's Syndrome in Australia: Clinical Practice and Research -- Primary Sjögren's Syndrome: Report from India -- Sjögren's Syndrome in China -- Sjögren's Syndrome in China -- Sjögren's Syndrome in Israel: A Scientific Point of View -- Looking into the Future-The EULAR Disease Activity Scores: Toward a Consensual Evaluation of Primary Sjögren's Syndrome -- Looking into the Crystal Ball: Initiatives from the Sjögren's Syndrome Foundation That Will Impact Patient Care -- Biological Treatment for Sjögren's Syndrome -- Looking into the Future-Emerging Therapies Based on Pathogenesis -- Into the Future: Autonomic Neuropathy, MicroRNAs, and Gene Therapy.
- Systematic musculoskeletal examinations 2012, AccessMedicineA step-by-step learning text and atlas designed to teach essential and foundational skills of musculoskeletal physical assessment. Comprised of a 3-part learning system: 1. Screening Musculoskeletal Examination (SMSE): rapid assessment of structure and function 2. General Musculoskeletal Examination (GMSE): comprehensive assessment of joint inflammation and arthritis 3. Regional Musculoskeletal Examination (RMSE): focused assessments of structure and function combined with special testing of the shoulder, knee, and neck and low back.
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- AAP Red Book Online
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Sabiston Textbook of Surgery
- Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics
- Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics
- Mandell, Douglas, & Bennett's Principles & Practice of Infectious Diseases
- Red Book Online
- ICU Book
- Primary Care Medicine
- Campbell-Walsh Urology
Shortcut to Licensed Content
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Links” (IE7) or “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
Shortcut for iPhone
What is it?
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) gives you access to resources licensed by the library even when you're not coming from a Lane or a Stanford IP address.
While we'd like Lane to be your gateway to our licensed content, we recognize that links to books, articles and journals come from a variety of different sources (Google, your email, RSS reader, etc.).
When installed, it will look your browser bookmark.
At the page you would like to proxy, click the "Lane Gateway to Licensed Content" to invoke it.
If Lane licenses that content, you'll get access as if you were on campus.
How does it work?
This allows you to view the URL as though you were on campus, giving you access to materials licensed for use by the Stanford academic community.
If you're not authenticated, you'll be prompted for your SUNetID and password.
Don't see the Toolbar, Bookmarks, or Links or Favorites bar?
From the "View" menu, select "Toolbars" & choose "Bookmarks Toolbar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Show Bookmarks Bar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Always Show Bookmarks Bar"
- Right-click in a clear area near the browser address bar
- In the menu, check a box next "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites" (IE8, IE9)
- Managing IE Favorites
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) only works with resources Lane has licensed and configured to work with our proxy server.
If invoked on a resource we do not license and/or have not yet configured, you will see an error message:
The Lane proxy server cannot complete your request because this host has not been configured properly.
We make no attempt to configure our proxy server for every resource, only those we license and for which a Stanford IP address grants access.
Drag this button onto your browser toolbar to install.
- Right click this button
- Select "Add to Favorites", click "Continue" if you see a security alert
- In "Create in" menu, select "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites Bar" (IE8, IE9) to install
Drag this button onto Safari Bookmarks bar to install.
Can't find it?
- Springer Protocols
- MD Consult
- Lange Series
- National Academy Press
- NCBI Bookshelf
- Thieme Atlases
1st ed. [print] 2013
Author: Ofri, Danielle