Books by Subject
- 90 days to success in grant writing ....
- — Selection and use of contract researc...
- Simulation for designing clinical tri...
- — Writing clinical research protocols ....
- Simulation for designing clinical trials 2003, CRCnetBASE
- Single subject designs in biomedicine 2009, Springer
- Sourcebook of models for biomedical research 2008, Springer
- An introduction to clinical trials -- Treatment allocation, the size of trials and reporting results -- Monitoring trial progress: outcome measures, compliance, dropouts and interim analyses -- Basic analyses of clinical trials, the generalized linear model and the economic evaluation of trials -- Simple approaches to the analysis of longitudinal data from clinical trials -- Multivariate normal regression models for longitudinal data from clinical trials -- Models for non-normal longitudinal data from clinical trials -- Survival analysis -- Bayesian methods longitudinal data -- Meta-analysis.
- Statistical evidence in medical trials 2006, MyiLibraryApples or oranges? -- selection of the control group -- Who was left out? exclusions, refusals, and drop-outs -- Mountain or molehill? the clinical importance of the results -- What do the other witnesses say? corroborating vidence -- Do the pieces fit together? systematic overviews and meta-analysis -- What do all these numbers mean? -- Where is the evidence? searching for information.
- Statistical monitoring of clinical trials 2006, Springer
- Statistics applied to clinical studies. 5th ed. 2012, Springer
- Studying a study and testing a test. 5th ed. 2005, OvidIntroduction and flaw-catching exercise -- Types of studies and the M.A.A.R.I.E. framework -- Method -- Assignment -- Assessment -- Results -- Interpretation -- Extrapolation -- Randomized clinical trials -- Database research: nonconcurrent cohort studies -- Meta-analysis -- Questions to ask and flaw-catching exercises -- Method -- Assignment -- Assessment -- Results -- Interpretation -- Extrapolation -- Screening -- Questions to ask and flaw-catching exercises -- Method and assignment -- Assessment -- Results -- Interpretation and extrapolation -- Life expectancy -- Questions to ask and flaw-catching exercises -- Introduction and method -- Assignment -- Assessment -- Results -- Interpretation -- Extrapolation -- Questions to ask and flaw-catching exercises -- Method -- Assignment -- Assessment -- Results -- Interpretation -- Extrapolation and questions to ask -- Basic principles -- Univariable analysis -- Bivariable analysis -- Multivariable analysis -- Selecting a statistic flowcharts.
- Testing treatments 2006
- Testosterone and aging 2003, NAP
- Translational medicine 2009, CRCnetBASEChapter 1. Translational Medicine / Dennis Cosmatos, Shein-Chung Chow -- Chapter 2. Strategic Concepts in Translational Medicine / Dennis Cosmatos, Giora Feuerstein, Shein-Chung Chow -- Chapter 3. Design and Analysis Approaches for Discovery Translational Medicine / Dennis Cosmatos, Shein-Chung Chow (Eds.), Stephen B. Forlow, Jennifer A. Isler, Zhaosheng Lin, Michael E. Burczynski, Jessie Q. Xia, S. Stanley Young -- Chapter 4. Biomarker Development / Mark Chang -- Chapter 5. Targeted Clinical Trials / Jen-pei Liu -- Chapter 6. Statistical Methods in Translational Medicine / Shein-Chung Chow, Siu-Keung Tse, Dennis Cosmatos -- Chapter 7. Nonparametric Methods in Translational Research / Kongming Wang, Shein-Chung Chow -- Chapter 8. Model Selection/Validation / Jen-pei Liu -- Chapter 9. Translation in Clinical Information between Populations-Bridging Studies / Chin-Fu Hsiao, Mey Wang, Herng-Der Chern, Jen-pei Liu -- Chapter 10. Translation in Clinical Technology-Traditional Chinese Medicine / Chin-Fu Hsiao, Hsiao-Hui Tsou, Shein-Chung Chow.
- Write it down. 2nd ed. 2005, CRCnetBASE
- Writing clinical research protocols 2006, ScienceDirectIntroduction to the art and science of clinical research -- What you need to know about clinical research ethics -- What you need to know about the regulation of clinical research -- Designing a clinical research study -- Selecting subjects for clinical studies -- Risks and benefits in clinical research -- Recruiting subjects -- Informed consent -- Privacy and confidentiality -- The "ethics" section -- Procedures and methods -- Statistics, data collection and management, and record keeping -- Use of human biological materials -- Special issues raised by evolving areas of clinical research -- Case histories : learning from experience.
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- AAP Red Book Online
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Sabiston Textbook of Surgery
- Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics
- Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics
- Mandell, Douglas, & Bennett's Principles & Practice of Infectious Diseases
- Red Book Online
- ICU Book
- Primary Care Medicine
- Campbell-Walsh Urology
Shortcut to Licensed Content
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Links” (IE7) or “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
Shortcut for iPhone
What is it?
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) gives you access to resources licensed by the library even when you're not coming from a Lane or a Stanford IP address.
While we'd like Lane to be your gateway to our licensed content, we recognize that links to books, articles and journals come from a variety of different sources (Google, your email, RSS reader, etc.).
When installed, it will look your browser bookmark.
At the page you would like to proxy, click the "Lane Gateway to Licensed Content" to invoke it.
If Lane licenses that content, you'll get access as if you were on campus.
How does it work?
This allows you to view the URL as though you were on campus, giving you access to materials licensed for use by the Stanford academic community.
If you're not authenticated, you'll be prompted for your SUNetID and password.
Don't see the Toolbar, Bookmarks, or Links or Favorites bar?
From the "View" menu, select "Toolbars" & choose "Bookmarks Toolbar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Show Bookmarks Bar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Always Show Bookmarks Bar"
- Right-click in a clear area near the browser address bar
- In the menu, check a box next "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites" (IE8, IE9)
- Managing IE Favorites
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) only works with resources Lane has licensed and configured to work with our proxy server.
If invoked on a resource we do not license and/or have not yet configured, you will see an error message:
The Lane proxy server cannot complete your request because this host has not been configured properly.
We make no attempt to configure our proxy server for every resource, only those we license and for which a Stanford IP address grants access.
Drag this button onto your browser toolbar to install.
- Right click this button
- Select "Add to Favorites", click "Continue" if you see a security alert
- In "Create in" menu, select "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites Bar" (IE8, IE9) to install
Drag this button onto Safari Bookmarks bar to install.
Can't find it?
- Springer Protocols
- MD Consult
- Lange Series
- National Academy Press
- NCBI Bookshelf
- Thieme Atlases
1st ed. [print] 2013
Author: Ofri, Danielle