Books by Subject
- Abnormal skeletal phenotypes 2005, Springer
- Advanced imaging of the abdomen 2006, Springer
- Advances in radiation oncology in lung cancer. 2nd ed. 2011, Springer
- Analysis of oriented texture with applications to the detection of architectural distortion in mammograms 2010, AtyponThe presence of oriented features in images often conveys important information about the scene or the objects contained; the analysis of oriented patterns is an important task in the general framework of image understanding. As in many other applications of computer vision, the general framework for the understanding of oriented features in images can be divided into low- and high-level analysis. In the context of the study of oriented features, low-level analysis includes the detection of oriented features in images; a measure of the local magnitude and orientation of oriented features over the entire region of analysis in the image is called the orientation field. High-level analysis relates to the discovery of patterns in the orientation field, usually by associating the structure perceived in the orientation field with a geometrical model. This book presents an analysis of several important methods for the detection of oriented features in images, and a discussion of the phase portrait method for high-level analysis of orientation fields. In order to illustrate the concepts developed throughout the book, an application is presented of the phase portrait method to computer-aided detection of architectural distortion in mammograms.
- Arthritis in black and white. 3rd ed. 2012, ScienceDirectImaging techniques and modalities -- Evaluation of the hand film -- Approach to the foot -- Approach to the hip -- Approach to the knee -- Approach to the shoulder -- The sacroiliac joint -- The "phytes" of the spine -- Radiographic changes observed in a specific articular disease -- Rheumatoid arthritis -- Psoriatic arthritis -- Reactive disease -- Ankylosing spondylitis -- Osteoarthritis -- Neuropathic osteoarthropathy -- Diffuse idiopathic skeletal hyperostosis -- Gout -- Calcium pyrophosphate dihydrate crystal deposition disease -- Hydroxyapatite deposition disease -- Miscellaneous deposition diseases -- Collagen vascular diseases (connective tissue diseases) -- Juvenile idiopathic arthritis -- Hemophilia -- Mass-like arthropathies.
- Atlas of genitourinary oncological imaging 2013, SpringerThe Atlas of Genitourinary Oncological Imaging presents a comprehensive visual review of appearances for normal anatomy and oncological diseases in the genitourinary system using over 900 radiological images and illustrations. The book presents current imaging techniques and discusses the role of imaging in pre-treatment staging and post-treatment follow-up. Diseases discussed include kidney, adrenal gland, upper tract, bladder, prostate, testes, and pediatric malignancies. Individual chapters include normal anatomy, imaging techniques, and pathology of each cancer type. The staging of the malignancy and what to include in the radiology report are discussed, and expected and complicated postoperative and post-treatment findings and recurrence are presented. Dedicated chapters on interventional and radiation therapy discuss their unique role in the management and treatment of oncology of the genitourinary system. Additionally, a chapter on chemotherapy toxicities discusses drug reaction treatment therapies unique to the genitourinary system.Edited and written by radiologists from the genitourinary disease management team at Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, the Atlas of Genitourinary Oncological Imaging is an ideal resource for radiology and urology trainees seeking a review of the basics and for practicing radiologists looking for answers to challenging cases confronted in daily practice.
- Atlas of lymph node anatomy 2013, Springer
- Atlas of percutaneous edge-to-edge mitral valve repair 2013, SpringerMitral Valve Anatomy and Current Surgical and Percutaneous Approaches to Mitral Regurgitation -- Device Description and Procedural Overview -- Room Setup -- Summary of MitraClip Clinical Data and Approach to Patient Selection -- Echocardiographic Evaluation of Patients Before and After MitraClip Mitral Valve Repair -- MitraClip Procedural Echocardiography -- Transseptal Puncture -- Venous Access Management -- Hemodynamic Perspectives of Edge-to-Edge Mitral Valve Repair -- Situational Steering Techniques -- MitraClip: Basic Degenerative Case -- EVEREST II Basic Functional Case Study -- Barlow's Disease -- EVEREST II Case Study: Large Left Atrium -- Approach to Mitral Regurgitation Requiring Multiple MitraClips -- Case Example: Two Clips -- EVEREST II Delayed Second Clip for Early Recurrent MR -- Secondary Mitral Regurgitation Due to Ischemic Mitral Valve Disease and Mild Rheumatic Mitral Valve Disease -- The Dilemma of Reducing Functional Mitral Regurgitation Versus Development of Mitral Stenosis -- Infective Endocarditis Associated with the MitraClip -- EVEREST II MitraClip After Failed Surgical Mitral Valve Repair -- EVEREST II Functional Mitral Regurgitation -- Chiari Network Complicating a MitraClip Procedure -- EVEREST II: Two MitraClip Procedure with Partial Detachment of Second Device -- MitraClip Procedure in Unusual Heart Position -- Interatrial Septal Tear: A Rare Complication During MitraClip Procedure and Successful Transcatheter Closure -- Percutaneous Double-Valve Treatment in a Patient with Degenerative Aortic Stenosis and Functional Mitral Regurgitation -- Percutaneous Mitral Valve Repair After Previous Mitral Valve Reconstruction -- Case Examples: (1) Delayed Functional Mitral Regurgitation in a High Risk Patient, and (2) Complex Degenerative Mitral Regurgitation (Anterior Leaflet Prolapse) with Commissural Impingement -- Severe Functional Mitral Regurgitation with Missing Leaflet Coaptation -- Severe Ischemic Heart Failure with Functional Improvement After MitraClip Therapy -- Severe Left-to-Right Shunting from Iatrogenic Atrial Septal Defect --MitraClip Implantation in Chronic Degenerative Mitral Regurgitation with Extensive Calcification -- 3D Transesophageal Echo-Guided MitraClip Treatment of P3 Mitral Valve Prolapse -- Failure and Complications of MitraClip® Implantation for Severe Functional Mitral Regurgitation: A Combination of Unexpected Findings and Early Experience -- Mitral Valve Repair Using the MitraClip System in a Patient with Severe Mitral Regurgitation in the A3/P3 Region due to Chordae Rupture During Transapical TAVI -- MitraClip Implantation in a Patient with Severe Mitral Annular Calcification and a Small Orifice Area -- Functional Mitral Regurgitation Treatment with MitraClip: Difficult Transseptal Puncture with Anterior Approach Complicated by Right Atrial Thrombus -- MitraClip in a Patient with Dextrocardia and Scoliosis Complicated by Delayed Clip Detachment -- Massive Air Embolism During MitraClip Insertion -- The Degree and Type of Mitral Regurgitation Present at the Baseline Is Not Always a Good Predictor of the Procedural Technical Needs or of the Final Result -- Functional Mitral Regurgitation with a Wide Extension of the Central Regurgitant Jet -- Percutaneous Edge-to-Edge Mitral Valve Repair for Functional Mitral Regurgitation in a High-Surgical-Risk Patient -- Mitral Stenosis After MitraClip Therapy and a Partial Solution for Treatment -- MitraClip Therapy for Functional Mitral Regurgitation: Importance of Jet Localization to Direct MitraClip Placement -- MitraClip: Acute Thrombus Formation During Guide Insertion -- MitraClip Placement in a Patient with Severe Kyphoscoliosis and Bileaflet Prolapse.
- Atlas of postsurgical neuroradiology: 2012, Springer
- Atlas of sectional radiological anatomy for PET/CT 2012, SpringerHead and Neck --Thorax --Abdomen --Pelvis.
- Atlas of SPECT-CT 2011, Springer
- Basic concepts of molecular pathology 2009, Springer
- Biomolecular action of ionizing radiation 2007, CRCnetBASEBasic radiation physics and chemistry -- Basic cell biology and molecular genetics -- Methods of cell and molecular radiobiology -- Ionizing radiation effects to the cytoplasm -- Damage to DNA by ionizing radiation -- Repair of radiation damage to DNA -- Cellular response to DNA damage -- Chromatin structure and radiation sensitivity -- Radiation-induced chromosome damage -- Modulation of radiation response via signal transduction pathways -- Radiation-induced apoptosis -- Early and late responding genes induced by ionizing radiation -- Cell death, cell survival, and adaptation -- Bystander effects and genomic instability -- Tumor radiobiology -- Radiation biology of nonmammalian species: three eukaryotes and a bacterium.
- Biostatistics for radiologists 2009, Springer
- Bone densitometry for technologists. 3rd ed. 2013, SpringerAn introduction to conventions in densitometry -- Densitometry techniques -- Skeletal anatomy in densitometry -- Performing a DXA PA lumbar spine, proximal femur, or forearm DXA study -- Radiation safety in x-ray densitometry -- Quality control procedures -- The importance of precision -- Using absolute risk to predict fracture risk in clinical practice -- An overview of osteoporosis -- Interpretation of bone densitometry data -- Less than perfect scan images -- Pediatric densitometry -- VFA imaging, femoral morphometry, and hip structural analysis -- Body composition analysis.
- Brain imaging 2008, Thieme BookTrauma -- Cerebral contusion -- Diffuse axonal injury -- Subdural hematoma (SDH) -- Epidural hematoma -- Traumatic subarachnoid hemorrhage -- Cerebral edema -- Herniation syndromes -- Skull fracture -- Inflammation -- Multiple sclerosis (MS) -- Postinfectious encephalomyelitis (ADEM) -- Herpes simplex encephalitis -- Cerebral abscess - Meningitis -- Cerebral vasculitis -- Toxoplasmosis -- Progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy (PML) -- Tuberculosis of the CNS -- CNS cysticercosis -- Aneurysms -- Subarachnoid hemorrhage (SAH) -- Saccular aneurysm -- Fusiform aneurysm --Vascular malformations -- Cavernous hemangioma -- Venous dysplasia -- Capillary telangiectasia -- Pial arteriovenous malformation (AVM) -- Cranial dural arteriovenous fistula -- Variants of vascular anatomy -- Vascular compression syndromes -- Stroke -- Ischemic brain infarction -- Cerebral microangiopathy -- Primary intracerebral hemorrhage --- Amyloid angiopathy -- Vascular dissection -- Impaired venous drainage -- Diffuse hypoxic brain damage -- Tumors -- Meningioma - Higher grade gliomas -- Brain metastasis -- Low-grade astrocytoma -- Primary CNS lymphoma -- Sellar masses -- Nerve sheath tumors -- Oligodendroglioma -- Pilocytic astrocytoma -- Medulloblastoma -- Pineal tumors -- Epidermoid -- Embryonal tumors -- Ependymoma -- Glioneuronal tumors -- Hemangioblastoma -- Gilomatosis cerebri --Choroid plexus papilloma -- Cysts -- Arachnoid cyst -- Virchow-Robin spaces -- Pineal cyst -- Colloid cyst -- Rathke cleft cyst -- Choroid plexus cyst -- Meninges -- Meningeal carcinomatosis -- Reactive memingeal enhancement -- CNS sarcoidosis -- Ventricles and cisterns -- Obstructive hydrocephalus -- Idiopathic normal-pressure hyudrocephalus -- Pseudotumor cerebri -- Leukoencephalopathies -- Wallerian degeneration -- Alzheimer disease -- Central pontine myelinolysis -- Toxic leukoencephalopathies -- Reversible posterior leukoencephalopathy -- Multiple system atrophy -- Wilson Disease -- Hepatic encephalopathy -- Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS) -- Wernicke encephhalopathy -- Superficial siderosis of the brain -- Congenital malformations -- Chiari malformations -- Defective migration -- Anomalies of the corpus callosum -- Dandy-Walker complex -- Periventricular leukomalacia (PVL) -- Neurofibromatosis type 1 (Von Recklinghausen Disease) -- Neurofibromatosis type II -- Tuberous sclerosis (Bourneville-Pringle Disease) -- Sturge-Weber Syndrome -- Von Hippel-Lindau Syndrome -- Holoprosencephaly -- Artifacts in MRI -- Postoperative changes.
- Breast cancer. 2nd ed. 2008, Springer
- Breast imaging review 2010, Springer
- Breast MRI 2005, Springer
- Cancer nanotechnology 2013, CRCnetBASEBasic principles of radiation therapy of cancers / Laurence Court and Radhe Mohan -- Biological principles of radiosensitization / Vikas Bhardwaj ... [et al.] -- Principles and applications of hyperthermia combined with radiation / Mark Hurwitz -- Synthesis and surface modification of nanomaterials for tumor targeting / Glenn Goodrich -- Safety concerns for nanomaterials in nanomedicinal applications / Qingxin Mu ... [et al.] -- Imaging with nanoparticles / Amit Joshi -- Optical microscopy of plasmonic nanoparticles / Varun P. Pattani and James Tunnell -- X-ray fluorescence computed tomography imaging of nanoparticles / Bernard L. Jones and Sang Hyun Cho -- Gold nanoparticle-mediated radiosensitization / Devika B. Chithrani -- Quantification of gold nanoparticle-mediated radiation dose enhancement / Sang Hyun Cho and Bernard L. Jones -- Semiconductor nanomaterials for radiotherapy / Ke Sheng -- Radioactive gold nanoparticle for tumor therapy / Raghuraman Kannan, Kattesh V. Katti, and Cathy Cutler -- Nanoparticles for the selective radioprotection of normal tissues / Jacob M. Berlin and Kathy A. Mason -- Gold nanoparticle-mediated hyperthermia in cancer therapy / Dev K. Chatterjee and Sunil Krishnan -- Magnetic resonance thermometry imaging for gold nanoparticle-mediated thermal therapy / R. Jason Stafford and John D. Hazle -- Modeling of plasmonic heat generation from gold nanoparticles / Francisco Reynoso and Sang Hyun Cho -- Carbon nanotubes for thermal therapy / Ravi N. Singh ... [et al.] -- Regulatory issues for clinical translations / J. Donald Payne -- Clinical translations of nanotechnology : present and future outlook / Dev K. Chatterjee, Sang Hyun Cho, and Sunil Krishnan.
- Cardiac imaging in electrophysiology 2012, SpringerPart I. Technology Evaluation -- 1. Imaging-Based Heart Anatomy / Francesco Fulvio Faletra, Ann C. Garlitski, François Regoli, and Natesa G. Pandian -- 2. Magnetic Resonance Imaging: Description of Technology and Protocols / Gaston R. Vergara and Nassir F. Marrouche -- 3. Cardiac Computed Tomography: Description of Technology and Protocols / Quynh A. Truong, Subodh B. Joshi, and Udo Hoffmann -- 4. Nuclear-Based Imaging: Description of Technology and Protocols / Juhani Knuuti -- 5. Echocardiography: Technology and Protocols / José Zamorano and José Alberto de Agustín -- Part II. Catheter Ablation -- 6. Anatomy Assessment for Atrial Arrhythmias / Sheldon M. Singh and Andre D'Avila -- 7. Anatomical Assessment for Catheter Ablation of Ventricular Tachycardia / Paolo Della Bella, Giuseppe Maccabelli, and Corrado Carbucicchio -- 8. Intra-Procedural Techniques: Fluoroscopy and Angiography / Matthew Wright, Sébastien Knecht, and Pierre Jaïs -- 9. Intraprocedural Techniques: Transesophageal (2D/3D) and Intracardiac Echocardiography / Josef Kautzner and Petr Peichl -- 10. Intraprocedural Techniques: Angioscopy and Optical Imaging / Paul J. Wang, Amin Al-Ahmad, Henry H. Hsia, Paul C. Zei, Mintu Turakhia, Marco Perez, and Christian S. Eversull -- 11. Contact and Noncontact Electroanatomical Mapping / Narayanan Namboodiri, Anthony G. Brooks, and Prashanthan Sanders -- 12. The Role of Imaging for Catheter Ablation in the Pediatric Population / John Triedman -- Part III. Device Therapy -- 13. Substrate Assessment: Echocardiography, MRI, and CCT / Victoria Delgado, Matteo Bertini, Rutger J. van Bommel, C. Jan Willem Borleffs, Martin J. Schalij, and Jeroen J. Bax -- 14. Dyssynchrony Evaluation: Echocardiography / John Gorcsan III -- 15. Dyssynchrony Evaluation: MRI and CCT / Kenneth Bilchick, Eliot McVeigh, and Albert Lardo -- 16. Nuclear Imaging for Device Therapy / Amparo L. Figueroa and Ahmed Tawakol -- 17. Post-CRT Imaging Based Optimization / Veronica Lea J. Dimaano, Aurélio C. Pinheiro, and Theodore P. Abraham -- 18. Sudden Cardiac Risk Assessment / Stephan Danik and Jagmeet Singh -- Part IV. Advances in Navigation and Integration -- 19. MRI/CCT Fusion into Fluoroscopic Imaging / Nassir F. Marrouche and Gaston R. Vergara -- 20. Magnetic Navigation: Description of Technique, Advantages, and Technical Issues / Sabine Ernst -- 21. Magnetic and Robotic Navigation / Bruce D. Lindsay and Oussama Wazni.
- Cardiopulmonary imaging 2004, Ovid
- Case studies in abdominal and pelvic imaging 2011, Springer
- Case studies in chest imaging 2012, Springer
- Chest imaging 2012, Springer1. Introduction, Development of the Algorithm, RoboChest Introduction, Additional Tools -- 2. Search Pattern, Interpretive Approach, Basic Anatomy and Fundamentals -- 3. Normal Chest X-Ray, Terminology and Radiographic Anatomy -- 4. Abnormal Lung Patterns -- 5. Abnormalities Involving the Pleura -- 6. Abnormal Mediastinum -- 7. Abnormal Bones, Soft Tissue, and Other Findings.
- Chest radiology. 2nd ed. 2008, OvidNormal anatomy of the chest -- Signs and patterns of lung disease --Interstitial lung disease -- Alveolar lung disease -- Monitoring and support devices--"tubes and lines" -- Mediastinal masses -- Solitary and multiple pulmonary nodules -- Chest trauma -- Pleura, chest wall, and diaphragm -- Upper lung disease, infection, and immunity -- Atelectasis -- Peripheral lung disease -- Airways -- Unilateral hyperlucent hemithorax -- Neoplasms of the lung -- Congenital lung disease -- Pulmonary vasculature disease -- Congenital and acquired cardiac disease -- Thoracic aorta -- Self-assessment.
- Chest x-ray in clinical practice 2009, Springer
- Choosing the correct radiologic test 2013, Springer
- Classic papers in modern diagnostic radiology 2005, Springer
- Clinical applications of cardiac CT. 2nd ed. 2012, Springer
- Clinical imaging. 4th ed. 2003, Ovid
- Clinical MR imaging and physics 2009, Springer
- Clinical PET and PET/CT. 2nd ed. 2013, Springer
- Clinical PET-CT in radiology 2011, Springer
- Clinically oriented pulmonary imaging 2012, Springer1. Normal thoracic anatomy and common variants / Arlene Sirajuddin -- 2. Management of solitary pulmonary nodules / Maria C. Shiau, Elie Portnoy and Stuart M. Garay -- 3. Lung cancer / Todd R. Hazelton and Frank W. Walsh -- 4. Pulmonary infections in the normal host / Loren Ketai and Helen Katrina Busby -- 5. Pulmonary infections in the immunocompromised host / Jean W. Kuriakose and Barry H. Gross -- 6. Pleural disease / A. Keith Rastogi and Jeffrey P. Kanne -- 7. Pulmonary thromboembolic disease / Amie J. Tucker, Gopal Allada and Steven L. Primack -- 8. Non-thrombotic vascular disease of the chest / Elena Peña, Carole Dennie and George Chandy -- 9. Imaging of pulmonary hypertension / Mark L. Schiebler, James Runo, Leif Jensen and Christopher J. François -- 10. Obstructive pulmonary diseases / Megan Saettele, Timothy Saettele and Jonathan Chung -- 11. Imaging of airway disease / Shailaja J. Hayden and Sudhakar N. J. Pipavath -- 12. Idiopathic insterstitial pneumonias / Paul J. Lee and Jeffrey P. Kanne -- 13. Occupational lung disease / Cris A. Meyer and James E. Lockey -- 14. Hemoptysis / Kristie M. Guite, Trina J. Hollatz and Jeffrey P. Kanne -- 15. Non-AIDS immunologic diseases / Stephen A. Quinet and Jeffrey P. Kanne -- 16. Critically ill patient / Jie C. Nguyen and Jeffrey P. Kanne -- 17. Image guided thoracic interventions / Daniel Barnes, Kayvan Amjadi and Jean M. Seely.
- Combat Radiology 2010, Springer1. The Combat Environment: Preparation for Deployment -- 2. Echelons of Combat Casualty Care and Associated Imaging Resources -- 3. Blast and Ballistics: Types, Background, Terminology -- 4. Introduction to Imaging of Penetrating/Perforating Blast and Ballistic Injuries -- 5. Significant Medical Advances on the Battlefield and the Changing Roles of Imaging -- 6. Imaging Thresholds of Salvageability of Life, Limb, and Eyesight -- 7. Imaging Traumatic Brain Injury On and Off the Battlefield -- 8. Chest Imaging in a Battlefield Hospital -- 9. Abdomen and Pelvis Imaging in Iraq -- 10. Skeletal Trauma in Iraq.
- Combined scintigraphic and radiographic diagnosis of bone and joint diseases. 4th, rev. and enl. ed. 2013, Springer
- Computer-aided detection of architectural distortion in prior mammograms of interval cancer 2013, AtyponArchitectural distortion is an important and early sign of breast cancer, but because of its subtlety, it is a common cause of false-negative findings on screening mammograms. Screening mammograms obtained prior to the detection of cancer could contain subtle signs of early stages of breast cancer, in particular, architectural distortion. This book presents image processing and pattern recognition techniques to detect architectural distortion in prior mammograms of interval-cancer cases. The methods are based upon Gabor filters, phase portrait analysis, procedures for the analysis of the angular spread of power, fractal analysis, Laws' texture energy measures derived from geometrically transformed regions of interest (ROIs), and Haralick's texture features. With Gabor filters and phase-portrait analysis, 4,224 ROIs were automatically obtained from 106 prior mammograms of 56 interval-cancer cases, including 301 true-positive ROIs related to architectural distortion, and from 52 mammograms of 13 normal cases. For each ROI, the fractal dimension, the entropy of the angular spread of power, 10 Laws' texture energy measures, and Haralick's 14 texture features were computed. The areas under the receiver operating characteristic (ROC) curves obtained using the features selected by stepwise logistic regression and the leave-one-image-out method are 0.77 with the Bayesian classifier, 0.76 with Fisher linear discriminant analysis, and 0.79 with a neural network classifier. Free-response ROC analysis indicated sensitivities of 0.80 and 0.90 at 5.7 and 8.8 false positives (FPs) per image, respectively, with the Bayesian classifier and the leave-one-image-out method. The present study has demonstrated the ability to detect early signs of breast cancer 15 months ahead of the time of clinical diagnosis, on the average, for interval-cancer cases, with a sensitivity of 0.8 at 5.7 FP/image. The presented computer-aided detection techniques, dedicated to accurate detection and localization of architectural distortion, could lead to efficient detection of early and subtle signs of breast cancer at pre-mass-formation stages.
- Cone beam CT of the head and neck 2011, Springer
- Congenital diseases and syndromes 2009, Springer
- Content-based retrieval of medical images 2013, Atypon
- Coronary magnetic resonance angiography 2002, Springer
- Coronary radiology. 2nd rev. ed. 2009, SpringerCoronary Anatomy / Gonda J. de Jonge, Peter M. A. van Ooijen, Jean-Louis Sablayrolles, Guido Ligabue and Felix Zijlstra -- Invasive Coronary Imaging / Michael R. Rees, Felix Zijlstra, Johan H. C. Reiber, Joan C. Tuinenburg and Gerhard Koning, et al. -- Non-Invasive Coronary Imaging / Thomas G. Flohr, Bernd Ohnesorge, Robert R. Edelman, Debiao Li and Hatem Alkadhi, et al. -- Non-Invasive Measurement of Coronary Atherosclerosis / Wilfred F. A. den Dunnen, Albert J. H. Suurmeijer, Rozemarijn Vliegenthart Proença, Christopher Herzog and Jaap M. Groen, et al. -- Multi-Dimensional Computed Cardiac Visualization / Peter M. A. van Ooijen, Wisnu Kristanto, Gonda J. de Jonge, Caroline Kuehnel and Anja Hennemuth, et al.
- CT of the acute abdomen 2011, Springer
- CT urography 2007, Ovid
- CT- and MR-guided interventions in radiology 2009, Springer
- Current protocols in magnetic resonance imaging 2002-, Wiley
- Diagnostic neuroradiology 2009, Springer
- Digital imaging and communications in medicine (DICOM) 2008, Springer
- Digital imaging systems for plain radiography 2013, Springer
- Digital mammography 2010, Springer
- Diseases of the abdomen and pelvis, 2010-2013 2011, Springer
- Diseases of the brain, head & neck, spine 2012-2015 2012, Springerpt. 1.Workshops --Brain Tumors /Edmond A. Knopp and Walter Montanera --Mass Lesions of the Brain: A Differential Diagnostic Approach /Michael Brant-Zawadzki --Differential Diagnosis of Brain Masses /James G. Smirniotopoulos and Steven J. Goldstein --Evaluation of Cerebral Vessels /Robert A. Willinsky --Evaluation of the Cerebral Vessels: Endovascular Therapy /Mary E. Jensen --Brain Ischemia: CT and MRI Techniques in Acute Stroke /Jens Fiehler and Howard A. Rowley --Hemorrhagic Vascular Pathologies, I /James Byrne --Hemorrhagic Vascular Pathologies, II /Martin Wiesmann --Demyelinating Diseases /Kelly K. Koeller and Frederik Barkhof --Degenerative Brain Disease and Aging /Marco Essig and Mark A. van Buchem --Neuroradiological Diagnosis of Craniocerebral Trauma: Current Concepts /Paul M. Parizel and C. Douglas Phillips --Nontraumatic Neuroemergencies, I /Patrick A. Brouwer --Nontraumatic Neuroemergencies, II /John R. Hesselink --Epilepsy and Neuroimaging /Linda J. Bagley and Timo Krings --Infectious Diseases of the Central Nervous System /Vincent Dousset and Alain Bonafé --Cerebral Infections /David J. Mikulis --Diseases of the Sella and Parasellar Region /Walter Kucharczyk and Charles L. Truwit --Temporal Bone and Auditory Pathways /Jan W. Casselman and Francis Veillon --Imaging Diseases of the Pharynx and Oral Cavity /Wendy R. K. Smoker and Bernhard Schuknecht --Diseases of the Larynx /Martin G. Mack and Hugh D. Curtin --Extramucosal Spaces of the Suprahyoid Neck /Laurie A. Loevner --Sinonasal Imaging /David M. Yousem --Degenerative Disc Disease of the Spine: Anatomic and Imaging Considerations /Michael T. Modic and Christian W. A. Pfirrmann --Acute Spinal Trauma /Pia C. Sundgren and Adam E. Flanders --Spinal Cord Inflammatory and Demyelinating Diseases /Majda M. Thurnher --Spinal Inflammatory and Infectious Diseases /Jeffrey S. Ross --Congenital and Acquired Abnormalities of the Pediatric Brain /William S. Ball and Thierry A. G. M. Huisman --Imaging of Pediatric Brain and Spinal Cord Tumors /Tina Young Poussaint and Andrea Rossi --pt. 2.Nuclear Medicine Satellite Course Diamond --Imaging Alzheimer in 2011 /Marieke Hazewinkel and Frederik Barkhof --Quantification of NeuroPET: When to Use It /Alfred Buck --Radioiodine Therapy: Current Imaging Concepts Introduction /Luca Giovanella --Nuclear Medicine Imaging of Brain Tumors /Ian Law --Nuclear Imaging of Neurovascular Disease /Ian Law --Integrated PET-CT and PET-MR: Pitfalls and Applications in Head and Neck Squamous Cell Carcinoma /Laurie A. Loevner --PET Imaging of Dementia /Osama Sabri, Solveig Tiepolt, Swen Hesse and Henryk Barthel --Clinical SPECT and PET for Management of Patients with Refractory Epilepsy /Koen Van Laere, Karolien Goffin and Wim Van Paesschen --pt. 3.Pediatric Satellite Course Kangaroo --Hemorrhage, Stroke, and Ischemia of the Neonatal Brain /Maria I. Argyropoulou --Accidental and Nonaccidental Injury of the Pediatric Brain and Spine /Thierry A. G. M. Huisman --Acquired Infectious and Autoimmune Diseases of the Pediatric Central Nervous System /Andrea Rossi --Imaging of the Phakomatoses in Children /Tina Young Poussaint --pt. 4.Breast Imaging Satellite Course --MRI of the Breast: Technique, Indications, and BI-RADS Classification /Karen Kinkel --Microcalcifications of the Breast: An Approach to Radiologic Classification /Markus Müller-Schimpfle --Ultrasound of the Breast, Including Interventions: An Update /Alexander Mundinger --Mammography: Diagnosis of Asymmetries, Masses and Architectural Distortion /Christian Weismann.
- Diseases of the heart, chest, including breast 2011-2014 2011, Springer
- Dosimetry systems for use in radiation processing 2008, HighWire
- Dural cavernous sinus fistulas 2010, SpringerIntroduction -- Historical considerations -- Anatomy of the cavernous sinus and related structures -- Classification of cavernous sinus fistulas (CSFs) and dural arteriovenous fistulas (DAVFs) -- Etiology, prevalence and natural history of dural cavernous sinus fistulas (DCSFs) -- Neuro-ophthalmology in dural cavernous sinus fistulas (DCSFs) -- Radiological diagnosis of DCSFs -- Endovascular treatment -- Alternative treatment options -- Hemodynamic aspects of DCSFs -- Summary.
- Embolisation 2012, Springer
- Emergency neuroradiology 2006, Springer
- Emergency radiology 2007, Springer
- Emergency radiology 2013, SpringerImaging of Acute Aortic Conditions -- Emergencies of the Biliary Tract -- Acute Appendicitis -- Imaging of Small Bowel -- Imaging of Bowel Obstruction -- Imaging of Acute Colonic Disorders -- Imaging of Genitourinary Emergencies -- Imaging of Acute Conditions of Male Reproductive Organs -- Imaging of Blunt and Penetrating Abdominal Trauma -- Acute Nontraumatic Imaging in the Liver and Spleen -- Imaging of Acute Pancreas -- Imaging of Acute Obstetric Disorders -- Imaging of Acute Gynecologic Disorders -- Emergency Radionuclide Imaging of the Thorax and Abdomen -- Imaging of Neck Emergencies -- Imaging of Acute Head Emergencies -- Imaging of Facial Fractures -- Stroke and Its Imaging Evaluation -- Imaging of Acute Orbital Pathologies -- Imaging of Upper Extremity -- Lower Extremity Trauma -- Imaging of Spinal Trauma -- Imaging of Nontraumatic Mediastinal and Pulmonary Processes -- Imaging of Acute Thoracic Trauma -- Imaging of Lines and Tubes -- Imaging of Pediatric Emergencies.
- Emergency radiology of the abdomen 2012, SpringerThe term "acute abdomen" refers to a serious, often progressive clinical situation that calls for immediate diagnostic and therapeutic action. Today, diagnosis via imaging has basically replaced the physical examination in the emergency room and the Radiologist has become of primary importance in this setting. However, close co-operation among the various specialists involved is essential for successful patient management, and thus the Radiologist needs to have a full understanding of the imaging modalities and technical skills required, as well as appropriate clinical knowledge of t
- Emission tomography 2004, ScienceDirect
- Encyclopedia of radiation oncology 2013, Springer
- Essential radiology for sports medicine 2010, SpringerKnee injuries / Melanie A. Hopper and Andrew J. Grainger -- Hip, pelvis, and groin injuries / Philip Robinson -- Ankle and foot injuries / Ne Siang Chew ... [et al.] -- Osseous stress injury in athletes / Melanie A. Hopper and Philip Robinson -- Shoulder injuries / Andrew J. Grainger and Philip F.J. Tirman -- Elbow injuries / Kenneth S. Lee, Michael J. Tuite, and Humberto G. Rosas -- Hand and wrist injuries / Philip J. O'Connor -- Postoperative imaging in sports medicine / Ali Naraghi and Lawrence M. White -- Muscle injury and complications / Abhijit Datir and David A. Connell -- Sports-related disorders of the spine and sacrum / Rob Campbell and Andrew Dunn -- Ultrasound-guided sports intervention / Philip J. O'Connor.
- Essential radiology. 2nd ed. 2006, Thieme Book
- Essentials of clinical MR 2011, Thieme"The objective of this book is to serve as a practical educational resource for clinical magnetic resonance imaging. The bulk of the text is organized along anatomic lines and discusses disease entities commonly encountered in clinical practice. The focus is illustrating and describing the MR appearances of the most commonly imaged disease entities, covering briefly in each area important points relative to imaging techniques then discussing in depth, the clinical MR interpretation. The breadth of clinical MRI is explored. For each subtopic within an anatomic region, clinical cases serve as the backbone for discussion, the most common pathologies affecting each anatomic region being illustrated. The final chapters discuss specifically contrast media and contrast enhanced MRA, two topics worthy of further description due to their present clinical importance. When relevant to diagnosis or essential for understanding, MR physics is discussed, however the reader is referred separately to Runge et al, The Physics of Clinical MR Taught Through Images 2nd Edition (New York: Thieme; 2009) for further elaboration. It is the goal that upon completing this text, the reader will have an appreciation for the complexity, utility, and versatility of MR in clinical imaging and will possess the knowledge essential for interpretation of basic clinical MR examinations"--Provided by publisher.
- Essentials of radiology. 2nd ed. Lane Catalog record
- Essentials of radiology. 3rd ed. 2014, MD Consult"Radiology receives little attention in most medical school curricula except perhaps as an elective. The classic gross anatomy laboratory is dead, and most health care providers encounter human internal anatomy and function through radiology. This text is not meant to make you into a radiologist or to be just a text for a radiology medical student elective. It is intended to be a text that will provide a basis for radiologic anatomy, imaging fundamentals, and common clinical problems and to be a book that you will keep and use in your future practice. Since the first edition, this text has been widely used by medical students, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, primary care physicians, and first-year radiology residents"--Preface.
- Evidence-based imaging. Rev. ed. 2011, Springer
- Feigenbaum's Echocardiography. 6th ed. 2005, Ovid
- Fetal radiology. 2nd ed. 2010, Springer
- Fractal analysis of breast masses in mammograms 2012, AtyponFractal analysis is useful in digital image processing for the characterization of shape roughness and gray-scale texture or complexity. Breast masses present shape and gray-scale characteristics in mammograms that vary between benign masses and malignant tumors. This book demonstrates the use of fractal analysis to classify breast masses as benign masses or malignant tumors based on the irregularity exhibited in their contours and the gray-scale variability exhibited in their mammographic images. A few different approaches are described to estimate the fractal dimension (FD) of the contour of a mass, including the ruler method, box-counting method, and the power spectral analysis (PSA) method. Procedures are also described for the estimation of the FD of the gray-scale image of a mass using the blanket method and the PSA method.
- Functional MRI 2006, Springer
- Functional neuroradiology 2011, SpringerPt. 1. Diffusion and perfusion imaging -- Pt. 2. Magnetic resonance spectroscopy -- Pt. 3. Multi modality functional neuroradiology -- Pt. 4. BOLD functional MRI : physical principles -- Pt. 5. BOLD functional MRI : clinical applications -- Pt. 6. Diffusion tensor imaging -- Pt. 7. Beyond proton imaging -- Pt. 8. Functional spine and CSF imaging -- Pt. 9. Neuroanatomical brain atlas.
- Adrenal glands and kidneys / William E. Brant -- Pelvicaliceal system, ureters, bladder, and urethra / William E. Brant -- Genital tract: radiographic imaging and MR / William E. Brant -- Abdomen ultrasound / William E. Brant -- Genital tract and bladder ultrasound / William E. Brant -- Obstetric ultrasound / William E. Brant -- Chest, thyroid, parathyroid, and neonatal brain ultrasound / William E. Brant -- Vascular ultrasound / Raymond S. Dougherty, William E. Brant -- Benign cystic bone lesions / Clyde A. Helms -- Malignant bone and soft tissue tumors / Clyde A. Helms -- Skeletal trauma / Clyde A. Helms -- Arthritis / Clyde A. Helms -- Metabolic bone disease / Clyde A. Helms -- Skeletal "don't touch" lesions / Clyde A. Helms -- Miscellaneous bone lesions / Clyde A. Helms -- Magnetic resonance imaging of the knees / Clyde A. Helms -- Magnetic resonance imaging of the shoulder / Clyde A. Helms -- Magnetic resonance imaging of the foot and ankle / Clyde A. Helms -- Pediatric chest / Susan D. John, Leonard E. Swischuk -- Pediatric abdomen and pelvis / Susan D. John, Leonard E. Swischuk -- Introduction to nuclear medicine / David K. Shelton -- Essential science of nuclear medicine / Ramsey D. Badawi, Linda A. Kroger, Jerrold T. Bushberg -- Skeletal system scintigraphy / David K. Shelton, Michael F. Hartshorne -- Pulmonary scintigraphy / David K. Shelton, Rhonda A. Wyatt -- Cardiovascular system scintigraphy / David K. Shelton, Michael F. Hartshorne -- Endocrine gland scintigraphy / Marc G. Cote -- Gastrointestinal, liver/spleen, and hepatobiliary scintigraphy / David K. Shelton, Michael F. Hartshorne -- Genitourinary system scintigraphy / Mike McBiles, Peter W. Blue -- Scintigraphic diagnosis of inflammation and infection / Christopher J. Palestro, Charito Love -- Molecular imaging of tumors / James H. Timmons -- Central nervous system scintigraphy / David H. Lewis, Vivek Manchanda -- Positron emission tomography and PET-PC / Bijan Bijan, David K. Shelton, William E. Brant.Diagnostic imaging methods / William E. Brant -- Introduction to brain imaging / David J. Seidenwurm -- Craniofacial trauma / Robert M. Barr, Alisa D. Gean, Tuong H. Le -- Cerebrovascular disease / Howard A. Rowley -- Central nervous system neoplasms and tumorlike masses / Kelly K. Koeller -- Central nervous system infections / Walter L. Olsen -- White matter and neurodegenerative diseases / Jerome A. Barakos -- Pediatric neuroimaging / Todd E. Lempert, Erik H.L. Gaensler -- Head and neck imaging / Jerome A. Barakos -- Nondegenerative diseases of the spine / Erik H.L. Gaensler -- Lumbar spine: disk disease and stenosis / Clyde A. Helms -- Methods of examination, normal anatomy, and radiographic findings of chest disease / Santiago Miró, Jeffrey S. Klein -- Mediastinum and hila / Jeffrey S. Klein -- Pulmonary vascular disease / Jeffrey S. Klein -- Pulmonary neoplasms / Jeffrey S. Klein -- Pulmonary infection / Timothy J. Higgins, Jeffrey S. Klein -- Diffuse lung disease / Jeffrey S. Klein -- Airways disease / Jeffrey S. Klein -- Pleura, chest wall, diaphragm, and miscellaneous chest disorders / Jeffrey S. Klein -- Breast imaging / Karen K. Lindfors, Huong T. Le-Petross -- Cardiac anatomy, physiology, and imaging methods / David K. Shelton -- Cardiac imaging in acquired disease / David K. Shelton -- Cardiac mri / Christopher M. Kramer -- Thoracic aorta, pulmonary arteries, and peripheral vascular disorders / Michael J. Miller, Jr., Tony P. Smith -- Abdominal arteries, venous system, and nonvascular intervention / Michael J. Miller, Jr., Tony P. Smith -- Abdomen and pelvis / William E. Brant -- Liver, biliary tree, and gallbladder / William E. Brant -- Pancreas and spleen / William E. Brant -- Pharynx and esophagus / William E. Brant -- Stomach and duodenum / William E. Brant -- Mesenteric small bowel / William E. Brant -- Colon and appendix / William E. Brant--
- A brief history of arteriovenous malformation radiosurgery / A. Niranjan, L.D. Lunsford -- Natural history of cerebral arteriovenous malformations and the risk of hemorrhage after radiosurgery / C.-P. Yen, D. Schlesinger, J.P. Sheehan -- The technical evolution of gamma knife radiosurgery for arteriovenous malformations / L.D. Lunsford ... [et al.] -- Targeting and conformality in arteriovenous malformation radiosurgery / I. Paddick, E. Motti -- Dose selection in stereotactic radiosurgery / J.C. Flickinger ... [et al.] -- Development and testing of a radiosurgery-based arteriovenous malformation grading system B.E. Pollock -- Radiosurgery for brainstem arteriovenous malformation / K. Maruyama ... [et al.] -- Multistaged volumetric management of large arteriovenous malformations / H. Kano -- Endovascular embolization in combination with radiosurgery for treatment of arteriovenous malformations / R.A. Miller, B. Jankowitz -- Stereotactic radiosurgery after embolization for arteriovenous malformations / H. Kano -- Long-term side effects of radiosurgery for arteriovenous malformations / M. Yamamoto, T. Kawabe, B.E. Barfod -- Management of adverse radiatio effects after radiosurgery for arteriovenous malformations / E.A. Monaco -- Morphological observations in brain arteriovenous malformations after gamma knife radiosurgery / G.T. Szeifert -- Stereotactic radiosurgery guideline for the management of patients with intracranial arteriovenous malformations / A. Niranjan, L.D. Lunsford -- Cavernous malformations and hemorrhage risk / D. Kondziolka, E.A. Monaco, III, L.D. Lunsford -- Radiosurgery of brain cavernomas : long-term results / R. Liscak -- Radiosurgical treatment for epilepsy associated with cavernomas / M. Lévêque -- Stereotactic radiosurgery guidelines for the management of patients with intracranial cavernous malformations / A. Niranjan, L.D. Lunsford -- Intracranial dural arteriovenous fistulas : natural history and rationale for treatment with stereotactic radiosurgery / D.H.-C. Pan ... [et al.] -- Stereotactic radiosurgery with or without embolization for intracranial dural arteriovenous fistulas / H. Yang -- Dural arteriovenous fistulas and the role of gamma knife stereotactic radiosurgery : the Stockholm experience / M. Söderman, E. Dodoo, B. Karlsson -- Stereotactic radiosurgery guidelines for the management of patients with intracranial dural arteriovenous fistulas / A. Niranjan, L.D. Lunsford.
- Getting started in clinical radiology 2006, Thieme Book
- GISTs -- gastrointestinal stromal tumors 2011, Springer
- Grainger & Allison's Diagnostic radiology. 5th ed. 2008, MD Consult
- Hand bone age. 2nd ed. 2012, Springer
- Handbook of angioplasty and stenting procedures 2010, SpringerBasic Tools Required to Perform Angioplasty and Stenting Procedures / David O. Kessel -- Arterial Pressure Measurements / Thomas B. Kinney -- Drugs - Pre-, Peri- and Post-intervention / Raman Uberoi -- Arterial Access / Dimitrios K. Tsetis -- Venous Access / Clare L. Bent and Matthew Matson -- General Principles of Angioplasty and Stenting / Elias N. Brountzos and Efthymia Alexopoulou -- Arterial Closure Devices / Stephen P. D'Souza and Dare M. Seriki -- Aortoiliac Angioplasty and Stenting / Robert A. Hieb -- Angioplasty and Stenting of the Superficial Femoral Artery and Popliteal Artery / Anna-Maria Belli -- Subintimal Angioplasty / Guy Fishwick -- Infrapopliteal Angioplasty and Stenting / Marc Sapoval, Olivier Pellerin and Laurent Bellmann -- Renal Artery Angioplasty and Stenting / Sanjay Misra -- Angioplasty/Stenting of Mesenteric Arteries / Stefan Müller-Hülsbeck -- Carotid Stenting and Angioplasty / Gerald Wyse and Kieran J. Murphy -- Intracranial and Vertebral Artery Angioplasty and Stenting / Jitendra Sharma, J. Mocco, Adnan H. Siddiqui and Elad I. Levy -- Angioplasty/Stenting of the Subclavian and Axillary Arteries / Trevor John Cleveland -- Stent-Grafting of the Thoracic Aorta / Jean-Paul Beregi and Marco Midulla -- Elective Endovascular Aneurysm Repair (EVAR) of Abdominal Aortic Aneurysms (AAA) / Johannes Lammer and Maria Schoder -- Endovascular Management of Ruptured Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm / William C. Loan and Chee Voon Soong -- Angioplasty/Stenting/Lysis/Thrombectomy of Hemodialysis Access / Himanshu Shah and Gordon McLennan -- Thrombolysis for Acute Lower Limb Ischemia / Thomas O. McNamara and Susie J. Muir -- Endovascular Treatment of Acute Stroke / Ali R. Zomorodi and Tony P. Smith -- Venoplasty and Stenting / Haraldur Bjarnason -- Venous Thrombolysis and Thrombectomy for Deep Venous Thrombosis / Nael E. A. Saad and Suresh Vedantham -- TIPS (Transjugular Intrahepatic Portosystemic Shunts) / George Behrens and Hector Ferral.
- Head and neck imaging 2008, Thieme BookSkull base / M. Cohnen, V. Engelbrecht -- Petrous bone / M. Cohnen -- Orbit / M. Cohnen, V. Engelbrecht -- Paranasal sinuses / M. Cohnen -- Pharynx / B. Fritz -- Larynx / K. Andersen -- Oral cavity / B. Fritz -- Salivary glands / K. Andersen -- Soft tissues of the neck / B. Fritz -- Lymph nodes / K. Andersen.
- Hip sonography. 2nd ed. 2006, Springer
- How does MRI work?. 2nd ed. 2006, Springer
- Human osteology & skeletal radiology 2005, CRCnetBASE
- Image processing in radiology 2008, Springer
- Images in urology 2012, Springer
- Imaging and technology in urology 2012, SpringerPart 1.Imaging: Radiology --Principles of X-Ray Production and Radiation Protection /Christopher T. L. Wilkinson --How to Perform a Clinical Radiograph and Use a C-Arm /Christopher T. L. Wilkinson --Contrast Agents /Paul M. Taylor --How to Do an IVU /Paul M. Taylor --Dual Energy X-Ray Absorptiometry (DXA) /Richard Whitehouse --The Physics of Ultrasound /Paul M. Taylor --How to Ultrasound a Suspected Renal Mass /Michael J. Weston --How to Ultrasound a Painful Testis and a Testicular Mass /Michael J. Weston --How to Perform a Transrectal Ultrasound Scan and Prostate Biopsy /Fady Youssef and John B. Anderson --How to Manage a Hydronephrotic Kidney /Michael J. Weston --Principles of Computed Tomography (CT) /Catherine O'Dwyer --How to Do a CT Urogram (CTU) /Paul M. Taylor --How to Do a CT in a Patient with Presumed Upper Tract Trauma /Jonathan Smith --Principles of Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) /Jonathan Smith --How to Do an MRI of the Pelvis /Jonathan Smith --Magnetic Resonance Angiography (MRA) /Kieran O'Flynn --Vascular Embolisation Techniques in Urology /Alistair Cowie.Part 2.Imaging: Nuclear Medicine --Radionuclides and Their Uses in Urology /Richard Lawson --Counting and Imaging in Nuclear Medicine /Richard Lawson --Principles of Positron Emission Tomography (PET) Scanning /Heather A. Williams --How to Do a Renogram /Mary Prescott --How to Do a Diuresis Renogram /Mary Prescott --How to Do a DMSA Scan /Jackie James --How to Do a Radioisotope Glomerular Filtration Rate Study /Richard Lawson --How to Do a Bone Scan /Mary Prescott --How to Do a Transplant Renogram /Mary Prescott --Dynamic Sentinel Lymph Node Biopsy in Penile Cancer /Hussain M. Alnajjar and Nicholas A. Watkin --Part 3.Technology: Diagnostic --Urinalysis /David G. Ross --Principles of Urine Microscopy and Microbiological Culture /Chinari P. K. Subudhi --Measurement of Glomerular Filtration Rate (GFR) /Stephen Brown --Metabolic Assessment of Urinary Tract Stones /Adrian D. Joyce --Principles of Pressure Measurement /Ian Pearce --Principles of Measurement of Urinary Flow /Richard Napier-Hemy --How to Carry Out a Videocystometrogram (VCMG) /Alexander Springer, Ian Eardley and Ramnath Subramaniam --The Whitaker Test /Jeremy Oates and Kieran O'Flynn --Sphincter Electromyography (EMG) /Katherine E. Burnett and Christopher D. Betts --Tumour Markers /Richard Khafagy and William Cross --Urine Cytology /William Cross and Richard Khafagy --Histopathological Processing, Staining, and Immuno-histochemistry /Lorna McWilliam.Part 4.Technology: Operative --Principles of Urological Endoscopes /Luke Gordon --Rigid Endoscope Design /Luke Gordon --Light Sources, Light Leads, and Camera Systems /Stuart N. Lloyd and Adrian D. Joyce --Peripherals for Endoscopic Use /Stuart N. Lloyd and Steve Payne --Peripherals for Laparoscopic Use /Andrew Sinclair --Peripherals for Mechanical Stone Manipulation /Karyee Chow --Contact Lithotripters /Steve Payne --Endoscopic Use of Laser Energy /Omar Al Kadhi and Tev Aho --Double J Stents and Nephrostomy /Steve Payne --Urinary Catheters, Design, and Usage /Dave Shackley --Prostatic and Urethral Stents /Ian Eardley --Urological Prosthetics /Duncan J. Summerton and Ian Eardley --Meshes in Stress Urinary Incontinence and Pelvic Organ Prolapse /Neil Harris --Biological Meshes /Ian Eardley, Giulio Garaffa and David J. Ralph --Principles of Tissue Transfer in Urology /Giulio Garaffa, David J. Ralph and Ian Eardley --Theatre Design and Patient Safety /Pat McHugh and Steve Payne --Deep Venous Thrombosis (DVT) Prevention /Pat McHugh --Principles of Decontamination /Geoff J. H. Sjogren and Ralph Beard --Operative Tissue Destruction /Steve Payne --Sutures and Clips /Derek Fawcett --Monopolar Diathermy /Kieran O'Flynn --Bipolar Diathermy /Kieran O'Flynn --Alternatives to Electrosurgery /Adrian D. Joyce --Haemostatic Agents, Sealants, and Adhesives /Ian Eardley --Irrigation Fluids and Their Hazards /Stuart N. Lloyd --Insufflants and Their Hazards /Stephen Bromage and Andrew Sinclair --Laparoscopic Ports /Ben Sherwood and Dan Burke --Setting up a Robot /Ben Sherwood and Dan Burke.Part 5.Technology: Interventional --Neuromodulation by Sacral Nerve Stimulation /Cecile Tawadros, Katherine E. Burnett and Christopher D. Betts --Principles of Extracorporeal Shockwave Lithotripsy (ESWL) /Richard Napier-Hemy and Steve Payne --How to Carry Out Shockwave Lithotripsy /David G. Ross --Prostatic Hyperthermia /Ian Pearce --Ablative Therapies: High-Intensity Focused Ultrasound (HIFU), Cryotherapy, and Radio-Frequency Ablation (RFA) /Stephen Brown --Principles of Radiotherapy /John P. Logue --Electro-Motive Drug Administration (EMDA) /Vijay Sangar --Part 6.Technology of Renal Failure --Principles of Renal Replacement Therapy (RRT) /Colin D. Short --Principles of Peritoneal Dialysis /Philip A. Kalra --Haemodialysis /Rosie Donne --Principles of Renal Transplantation /Neil R. Parrott --Part 7.Assessment of Technology --Randomised Controlled Trials (RCTs) /Kieran O'Flynn --Health Technology Assessment /Robert Pickard, Michael Drinnan and Luke Vale.
- Imaging and urodynamics of the lower urinary tract. 2nd ed. 2010, SpringerPart 1. The Bladder -- The Normal Bladder -- Imaging Modalities Used for Assessment of the Bladder -- Congenital Anomalies of the Bladder -- Intraluminal Abnormalities of the Bladder -- Abnormalities of the Bladder Wall or Mural Abnormalities -- Staging of Bladder Cancer -- Abnormal Bladder Contour or Size -- Functional Abnormalities of the Bladder -- Part 2. The Urethra -- The Normal Urethra -- Congenital Anomalies of the Urethra -- Intraluminal Abnormalities and Filling Defects of the Urethra -- Intrinsic Abnormalities of the Urethral Wall -- Lower Urinary Tract Trauma -- Neoplasms of the Urethra.
- Imaging gliomas after treatment 2012, Springer
- Imaging in pediatric pulmonology 2012, Springer
- Imaging of the shoulder 2005, Springer
- Inorganic scintillators for detector systems 2006, Springer
- Interventional radiology in pain treatment 2007, Springer
- Interventional radiology procedures in biopsy and drainage 2011, SpringerGeneral principles of biopsy and drainage -- Liver biopsy -- Chest biopsy -- Mediastinal biopsy -- Bone biopsy -- Adrenal biopsy -- Renal biopsy -- Pancreatic biopsy -- Lymph node biopsy -- Splenic biopsy -- Thyroid biopsy -- Prostate biopsy -- Drainage of abdominal fluid collections -- Drainage of pelvic fluid collections -- Drainage of intrathoracic fluid collections -- Liver cyst/abscess drainage -- Drainage of pancreatic abscess and fluid collections -- Percutaneous biliary drainage and stenting -- Percutaneous cholecystostomy and cholecystolithotomy -- Percutaneous nephrostomy and antegrade ureteric stenting -- Fluoroscopy-guided percutaneous renal access for treatment of stone disease -- Percutaneous gastrostomy and gastrojejunostomy.
- Late effects of cancer treatment on normal tissues 2008, Springer
- Learning abdominal imaging 2012, Springer
- Learning diagnostic imaging 2008, Springer
- Learning genitourinary and pelvic imaging 2012, Springer
- Learning neuroimaging 2012, Springer
- Learning vascular and interventional radiology 2010, Springer
- Liver radioembolization with ⁹⁰Y microspheres 2008, Springer
- Magnetic resonance angiography 2012, Springer
- MDCT and 3D workstations 2006, Springer
- MDCT. Rev. ed. 2008, Springer
- Meyers' Dynamic radiology of the abdomen. 6th ed. 2011, SpringerA new paradigm -- Clinical embryology of the abdomen -- Clinical anatomy of the abdomen -- Mechanisms of spread of disease in the abdomen and pelvis -- Intraperitoneal spread of infections and seeded metastases -- The extraperitoneal spaces: normal and pathologic anatomy -- The extraperitoneal pelvic compartments -- Patterns of spread of disease from the liver -- Patterns of spread of disease from the distal esophagus and stomach -- Patterns of spread of disease from the pancreas -- Patterns of spread of disease from the small intestine -- Patterns of spread of disease from the large intestine -- Patterns of spread of renal, upper urothelial, and adrenal pathology -- Patterns of spread of disease of the pelvis and male urogenital organs -- Patterns of spread of gynecologic disease -- Patterns of extraabdominal and extrapelvic spread -- Internal abdominal hernias.
- Micro-tomographic atlas of the mouse skeleton 2007, Springer
- Modeling and analysis of shape with applications in computer-aided diagnosis of breast cancer 2011, AtyponMalignant tumors due to breast cancer and masses due to benign disease appear in mammograms with different shape characteristics: the former usually have rough, spiculated, or microlobulated contours, whereas the latter commonly have smooth, round, oval, or macrolobulated contours. Features that characterize shape roughness and complexity can assist in distinguishing between malignant tumors and benign masses. In spite of the established importance of shape factors in the analysis of breast tumors and masses, difficulties exist in obtaining accurate and artifact-free boundaries of the related regions from mammograms. Whereas manually drawn contours could contain artifacts related to hand tremor and are subject to intra-observer and inter-observer variations, automatically detected contours could contain noise and inaccuracies due to limitations or errors in the procedures for the detection and segmentation of the related regions. Modeling procedures are desired to eliminate the artifacts in a given contour, while preserving the important and significant details present in the contour.
- Molecular imaging 2009, Springer
- Molecular imaging 2008, SpringerII SpringerWith the increasing interest in the experimental and clinical application of molecular imaging many institutions create research groups or interdisciplinary centers focussing on the complex development process of this new methodology. The aim for this textbook of molecular imaging is to provide an up to date review of this rapidly growing field and to discuss basic methodological aspects necessary for the interpretation of experimental and clinical results.
- MRI parameters and positioning 2003, Thieme Book
- Multidetector-row CT of the thorax 2006, Springer
- Multislice-CT of the abdomen 2012, SpringerPhysical Background of Multi Detector Row Computed Tomography /Thomas Flohr --Future Developments for MSCT /Patrik Rogalla --Radiation Exposure and Risk Associated with CT Examinations /Gunnar Brix and Elke A. Nekolla --Contrast Agent Application and Protocols /Markus S. Juchems --Imaging Findings of Cirrhotic Liver /Jeong Min Lee, Dong Ho Lee and Jeong-Hee Yoon --Imaging Findings in Non-Cirrhotic Liver /Daniele Marin and Giuseppe Brancatelli --Liver and Biliary System: Postoperative Findings /Magaly Zappa, Annie Sibert and Valérie Vilgrain --Inflammatory Processes in the Liver and Biliary Tract /Wesley C. Chan and Benjamin M. Yeh --Neoplastic Processes in Biliary System /Tae Kyoung Kim, Korosh Khalili and Hyun-Jung Jang --Assessment of the Hepatic Vessels with MDCT /Rocio Perez-Johnston, Dipti K. Lenhart, Daniella F. Pinho and Dushyant V. Sahani --MSCT Imaging of Acute and Chronic Pancreatitis /Shelby Fishback, David H. Kim and Perry J. Pickhardt --Solid Pancreatic Masses /Alec J. Megibow --Cystic Pancreatic Masses /A. Oto --Imaging CT of the Spleen /Giovanni Morana and Christian Cugini --Imaging of Post Pancreatic Surgery /R. Graziani, S. Mautone, M. C. Ambrosetti, M. Barillari and R. Manfredi, et al. --Renal Masses /Anno Graser and Ullrich G. Mueller-Lisse --Adrenal Masses /Julie H. Song and William W. Mayo-Smith --Inflammatory and Infectious Disease of the Kidney and Urinary Collecting System /Ullrich G. Mueller-Lisse, Ulrike L. Mueller-Lisse, Eva M. Coppenrath and Anno Graser --MSCT of the Stomach /Sameer Ahmed, Karen M. Horton, Elliot K. Fishman and Pamela T. Johnson --Small Bowel /Franco Iafrate, Marco Rengo, Paola Lucchesi, Maria Ciolina and Paolo Baldassari, et al. --MSCT of the Abdomen: Colon, Rectum and CT Colonography /Emanuele Neri, Annalisa Mantarro, Rossella Scandiffio, Pietro Bemi and Lorenzo Faggioni, et al. --Mesenteric and Retroperitoneal Diseases /Antonella Filippone, Roberta Cianci and Antonio Raffaele Cotroneo --Imaging Findings in Acute Abdomen /Borut Marincek.
- Musculoskeletal imaging 2008, Thieme Book1. Tumors -- Osteoma -- Osteoid osteoma -- Enchondroma -- Osteochondoroma (cartilaginous exostosis) --Nonossifying fibroma -- Fibrous dysplasia (Jaffe-Lichtenstein Disease) -- Juvenile bone cyst -- Aneurysmal bone cyst -- Giant cell tumor (Osteoclastoma) -- Synovial chondromatosis (Reichel Syndrome) -- Bone hemangioma -- Paget Diesase (Ostetis Deformans) --Metastases -- Osteosarcoma -- Ewind sarcoma -- Multiple myeloma (plasmacytoma) -- Lymphoma of bone -- Neoplastic vertebral compression fracture -- Soft-tissue hemangioma -- Soft-tissue sarcoma -- Lipoma -- Pigmented villonodular synovitis -- Myositis ossificans -- 2. Inflammatory diseases -- Osteomyelitis -- Brodie abscess -- Rheumatoid arthritis -- Psoriatic arthritis/psoriatic arthropathy -- Septic arthritis -- Gout (gouty arthritis) -- Ankylosing spondylitis -- Spondylitis and spondylodiskitis -- Complex regional pain syndrome -- 3. Degenerative disease -- Osteoarthritis -- Osteochondrosis -- Intervertebral disk herniation -- Spinal canal stenosis -- Spondylolysis/spondylolisthesis -- Implant loosening -- Diffuse idiopathic skeletal hyperostosis -- Neuropathic osteoarthropathy (charcot joint) -- 4. Metabolic disorders -- Osteoporosis -- Rickets -- Osteomalacia -- Hyperparathyroidism -- 5. Developmental disorders -- Madelund deformity -- Hip dysplasia -- Tibia vara (Blount Disease) -- Slipped capital femoral epiphysis -- Club foot (talipes equinovarus) -- Scoliosis -- Osteogenesis imperfecta -- Osteopetrosis (Marble Bone Disease) -- Scheuermann Disease -- 6. Osteonecrosis -- Perthes Disease -- Osteonecrosis of the knee -- Lunatomalacia (Kienbock Disease) -- Femoral head necrosis -- Osteochondritis dissecans -- Bone infarct -- 7. Intra-articular lesions -- Meniscal lesions -- Cruciate ligament tears -- Cartilage lesions -- Labral lesions -- Rotator cuff lesions -- 8. Ligament and tendon injuries -- Lateral ankle ligament rupture -- Achilles tendon rupture -- Avulsion fracture -- Shoulder impingement -- 9. Fractures and dislocations -- Clavicle fracture -- Acromioclavicular separation -- Proiximal humerus fractures -- Shoulder dislocation -- Radial head fracture -- Pediatric condylar fractures -- Distal radius fracture -- scaphoid fracture -- Triquetrum fracture -- Skier's thumb (gamekeeper's thumb) -- Dens fracture -- Femoral neck fracture -- pertrochanteric femoral fracture -- Patella fracture -- Tibial plateau fracture -- Ankle joint fractures -- Calcaneus fracture -- Fractures of the base of the fifth metatarsal -- Occult fracture -- Stress fracture - Pseudarthrosis.
- Non-vascular interventional radiology of the abdomen 2011, Springer
- Numerical and practical exercises in thermoluminescence 2006, Springer
- PACS. 2nd ed. 2006, Springer
- Paleoradiology 2008, SpringerPaleoradiology : history and new developments / Rethy K. Chhem -- Paleoradiologic techniques / George Saab, Rethy K. Chhem, and Richard N. Bohay -- The taphonomic process, biological variation, and x-ray studies / Don R. Brothwell -- Diagnostic paleoradiology for paleopathologists / Rethy K. Chhem, George Saab, and Don R. Brothwell -- Paleoradiology in the service of zoopaleopathology / Don R. Brothwell -- Normal variations in fossils and recent human groups / Don R. Brothwell -- Concluding comments / Rethy K. Chhem and Don R. Brothwell.
- Panoramic radiology 2007, Springer
- Pathology of the aging human nervous system. 2nd ed. 2001, MyiLibrary
- Patient dosimetry for x rays used in medical imaging 2005, HighWire
- Pediatric chest imaging. 2nd rev. ed. 2008, SpringerChest Ultrasound (US) / Goya Enriquez, Celestino Aso and Xavier Serres -- The Contribution of Nuclear Medicine to Pulmonary Imaging / Michael J. Gelfand and David L. Gilday -- Helical Multidetector Chest CT / Pilar García-Peña and Catherine M. Owens -- High-Resolution CT of the Lung in Children / Javier Lucaya and Hubert Ducou Le Pointe -- Pulmonary Malformations Beyond the Neonatal Period / Josep M. Mata and Amparo Castellote -- CT of Acute Pulmonary Disease: Infection, Infarction, and Trauma / Lane F. Donnelly -- Pediatric Tuberculosis / Pedro A. Daltro and Eloá Nunez-Santos -- How to Perform and Interpret MR Sleep Studies for Obstructive Sleep Apnea in Children / Lane F. Donnelly -- Foreign Body Aspiration: Imaging Aspects / Benjamin Z. Koplewitz and Jacob Bar-Ziv -- Imaging Evaluation of the Thymus and Thymic Disorders in Children / Donald P. Frush -- Lymphoma - Controversies in Imaging the Chest / Sue C. Kaste -- Chest Tumours Other than Lymphoma / Kieran McHugh -- Thoracic Manifestations of Systemic Diseases / Alan S. Brody -- Radiology of the Chest Wall / Georg F. Eich, Christian J. Kellenberger and Ulrich V. Willi -- Pediatric Cardiac MRI / Rajesh Krishnamurthy and Taylor Chung -- Pediatric Cardiac CT / Laureen Sena, Rajesh Krishnamurthy and Taylor Chung -- Fetal MRI of the Chest / Pedro A. Daltro and Heron Werner -- Neonatal Chest Imaging / Janet L. Strife and Eric J. Crotty.
- Pediatric neuroradiology 2005, Springerv. 1. Brain -- v. 2. Head and neck, spine.
- Pediatric PET imaging 2006, Springer
- Pediatric radiology review 2007, SpringerChest radiographs -- Lateral neck radiographs -- Abdominal radiographs -- Skull radiographs -- Long bone and extremity radiographs -- CT scan review.
- Pediatric radiology. 3rd ed. 2005, Springer
- Pediatric uroradiology. 2nd rev. ed. 2008, Springer
- PET 2006, Springer
- PET-CT 2012, Springer
- PET/CT essentials for clinical practice 2006, SpringerProvides fundamental information to all clinicians interested in incorporating PET into their clinical practice and who are involved in the diagnosis, initial staging, and restaging of malignancy. Covers basic principles such as patient preparation, imaging interpretation, and reimbursement, to specific applications for oncologic, cardiac, and neurologic disorders.
- Pocket atlas of dental radiology 2007, Thieme BookIncludes skull and oral tumor images
- Pocket atlas of echocardiography 2006, Thieme BookExamination -- Imaging and patient position -- Parasternal long-axis view -- Parasternal short-axis view -- Apical windows -- Suprasternal window -- Subcostal window -- M-mode and Doppler echocardiography -- M-mode -- Doppler -- Cardiac abnormalities -- Valvular heart disease -- Coronary heart disease -- Cardiomyopathies -- Prosthetic valves -- Carditis -- Septal defects -- Hypertensive heart diseases -- Intracardiac masses.
- Practice of radiology education 2010, Springer
- Protocols for multislice CT. 2nd ed. 2006, Springer
- Radiation dose from multidetector CT. 2nd ed. 2012, SpringerMulti-Detector Row CT-Recent Developments, Radiation Dose and Dose Reduction Technologies /Thomas Flohr --Clinical Expansion of CT and Radiation Dose /Stuart Meeson, Rajesh Patel and Stephen Golding --Risks from Ionising Radiation /Kenneth H. Chadwick and Hendrik P. Leenhouts --The Cancer Risk from Low Level Radiation /Bernard L. Cohen --Image Quality in CT: Challenges and Perspectives /Thomas L Toth --Radiation Dose Metrics and the Effect of CT Scan Protocol Parameters /Sue Edyvean, Maria Lewis and Alan Britten --Scan Parameters and CT Radiation Dose /Sarabjeet Singh and Mannudeep K. Kalra --Optimization of Tube Potential for Radiation Dose Reduction in CT /Lifeng Yu, Joel G. Fletcher and Cynthia H. McCollough --Conventional and Newer Reconstruction Techniques in CT /Homer Pien, Synho Do, Sarabjeet Singh and Mannudeep K. Kalra --Image Noise Reduction Filters /Sarabjeet Singh and Mannudeep K. Kalra --Hardware Developments for Radiation Dose Reduction /Rich Mather --Application of Shielding in CT Radiation Dose Reduction /Shima Aran, Sarabjeet Singh and Mannudeep K. Kalra --Radiation Dose: Records and Audits /Tessa S. Cook, William W. Boonn and Woojin Kim --Collective Radiation Dose from MDCT: Critical Review of Surveys Studies /Georg Stamm.ALARA Concept for MDCT Optimization: What is Reasonable, What is Achievable? /Denis Tack --Automatic Exposure Control in Multidetector-row CT /Mannudeep K. Kalra --Patient Centering in MDCT: Dose Effects /Mannudeep K. Kalra and Thomas L. Toth --Dose Optimization and Reduction in CT of the Brain and Head and Neck Region /Tom Mulkens, Rodrigo Salgado and Patrick Bellinck --Dose Reduction and Optimization in Computed Tomography of the Chest /Pierre Alain Gevenois and Denis Tack --Dose Optimization and Reduction in MDCT of the Abdomen /Caroline Keyzer and Denis Tack --Radiation Dose Optimisation of Cardiac and Vascular MDCT in Adults and Paediatric Patients /Jean François Paul, Caroline Keyzer, Michelle Williams and Denis Tack --Dose Optimization and Reduction in Musculoskeletal CT Including the Spine /A. Gervaise, P. Teixeira, N. Villani, S. Lecocq and M. Louis, et al. --Dose Reduction in CT Fluoroscopy /N. Buls, F. Vandenbroucke and J. de Mey --Dose Optimization and Reduction in CT of Children /Peter Vock, Enno Stranzinger and Rainer Wolf --CT Scanning in Pregnancy /D. E. Litmanovich and A. A. Bankier --Radiation Risk Associated with Lung Cancer Screening /Cornelia Schaefer-Prokop, Krijn van Muiswinkel and Mathias Prokop.Dose Reduction in Screening Programs: Colon Cancer Screening /Thierry N. Boellaard, Henk W. Venema and Jaap Stoker --CT Dose Perspectives and Initiatives of the IAEA /Madan M. Rehani and Olivera Ciraj-Bjelac --The Image Gently Campaign: Championing Radiation Protection for Children Through Awareness, Educational Resources and Advocacy /Marilyn J. Goske, Michael J. Callahan, Donald P. Frush, Sue C. Kaste and Gregory Morrison, et al. --CT Radiation Dose and Safety: Perspectives at the U.S. Food and Drug Administration /Stanley H. Stern, Sean Boyd, Kish Chakrabarti, Iacovos S. Kyprianou and Thalia T. Mills, et al. --ICRP's Role in Patient Dose Management in CT /Madan M. Rehani --Software for Calculating Dose and Risk /Georg Stamm --Image Wisely /James A. Brink and E. Stephen Amis --Guidelines for Appropriate CT Imaging /Kristie M. Guite, J. Louis Hinshaw, Frank N. Ranallo and Fred T. Lee --Practical Approaches to Dose Reduction: GE Perspective /Roy A. Nilsen --Dose Reduction in Computed Tomography Siemens Perspective /Christianne Leidecker and Bernhard Schmidt --CT Radiation Dose: Philips Perspective /Alain Vlassenbroek, Dhruv Mehta and Jeffrey Yanof --Practical Approaches to Dose Reduction: Toshiba Perspective /Jacob Geleijns and R Irwan.
- Radiation health risk sciences 2009, Springer
- Radiation oncology advances 2008., Springer
- Radiation oncology. [2nd ed.] 2002, Ovid
- Radiation physics for medical physicists 2006, Springer
- Radiation risks in perspective 2007, CRCnetBASE
- Radioactivity - radionuclides - radiation 2004, SpringerOrigins and discovery -- Nuclear energetics -- Radioactivity and nuclear reactions -- Types of radioactive decay -- Transmutation research -- Archaeology and dating -- Radioisotopes in medicine -- Scientific and industrial applications -- Radiation and the environment.
- Radiologic atlas of abuse, torture, terrorism, and inflicted trauma 2003, CRCnetBASE
- Radiologic diagnosis of gastric cancer 2006, Springer
- Radiologic-pathologic correlations from head to toe 2005, Springer
- Radiological anatomy for FRCR Part 1 2011, Springer
- Radiological English 2007, Springer
- Radiological imaging of the neonatal chest. 2nd rev. ed. 2008, SpringerEmbryology and Anatomy of the Neonatal Chest / Stephanie Ryan -- Update on Clinical Management of Neonatal Chest Conditions / Anne Twomey -- Computed and Digital Radiography in Neonatal Chest Examination / Amaka C. Offiah -- Hyaline Membrane Disease and Complications of Its Treatment / Veronica Donoghue -- Transient Tachypnoea of the Newborn / Veronica Donoghue -- Meconium Aspiration / Catherine M. Owens -- Diagnostic Imaging of Neonatal Pneumonia / David Manson -- Antenatal Imaging of Chest Malformations / Laurent Garel -- Postnatal Imaging of Chest Malformations / Stephanie Ryan -- Congenital Anomalies of the Neonatal Upper Airway / David Manson -- Computed Tomography of the Central and Peripheral Airways / Alistair D. Calder and Catherine M. Owens -- Ultrasound of the Neonatal Thorax / Ingmar Gassner and Theresa E. Geley -- Ultrasound in Congenital Heart Disease / Colin J. McMahon and Benjamin W. Eidem -- Magnetic Resonance Imaging in Congenital Heart Disease / Christian J. Kellenberger -- Chest Radiography in Congenital Heart Disease / Bjarne Smevik -- Angiocardiography and Intervention in Congenital Heart and Great Vessel Disease / Bjarne Smevik and Per G. Bjørnstad -- Computed Tomography in Congenital Heart Disease / Laureen Sena and Hyun Woo Goo -- Chest Wall Abnormalities which Cause Neonatal Respiratory Distress / Georg F. Eich.
- Radiological protection 2005, Springer
- Radiological reporting in clinical practice 2008, Springer
- Radiology 2006, SpringerMusculoskeletal radiology -- Chest radiology -- Gastrointestinal radiology -- Genitourinary radiology -- Head and neck radiology -- Vascular and interventional -- Nuclear medicine -- Ultrasound -- Pediatrics -- Breast -- Neuroradiology.
- Radiology 100 online syllabus 2004-, UCSF
- Radiology education 2012, SpringerPart 1.Evaluation and Assessment for Non-educators --The Nature of Professional Expertise /Penelope Engel-Hills and Rethy K. Chhem --Fundamentals of Assessment and Evaluation: Clarifying Terminology /Kathryn M. Hibbert, Teresa Van Deven and Soveacha Ros --Competence in the Professions: Expanding Opportunities and Emerging Practices /Kathryn M. Hibbert and Rethy K. Chhem --Medical Competency in Postgraduate Medical Training Programs /Thomas N. B. Pascual, Soveacha Ros, Penelope Engel-Hills and Rethy K. Chhem --Part 2.Evaluation and assessment in Radiology education --Philosophical Considerations in Educational Assessment /Richard B. Gunderman --Competencies and Experiential Requirements in Radiology Training /Shih-chang Wang --Accreditation and Evaluation of Programs: The Canadian Perspective /Kenneth A. Harris, Margaret A. Kennedy and Sarah Taber --Assessment and Evaluation in a Transnational Radiodiagnosis Training Program /Shih-chang Wang.Part 3.Case Studies: Theory into practice --Strategies and Actions to Improve Risk Communication Competency in Radiation Medicine /Lawrence S. Lau, Kwan-Hoong Ng and Rethy K. Chhem --Assessing Clinical Competence in Radiation Oncology Education /Eduardo Rosenblatt, Bruce G. Haffty and Jan Willem Leer --Measuring Competence of Radiology Education Programs and Residents: The Egyptian Experience /Sahar N. Saleem and Youssriah Y. Sabri --Assessing Residents in a Nuclear Medicine Physician Training Program: The Philippine Experience /Thomas N. B. Pascual, Jerry M. Obaldo, Teofilo O. L. San Luis and Marcela J. Leus --Clinical Training in Medical Physics: IAEA Perspective /Ahmed Meghzifene, Donald Mclean, Debbie Van Der Merwe and Brian Thomas --Assessing Diagnostic Radiology Training: The Singapore Journey /Bien-Soo Tan, Lynette L. S. Teo, Daniel E. S. Wong, Shaun X. J. M. Chan and Kiang-Hiong Tay --Assessment of Radiation Oncology Medical Physics Residents: The London, Ontario (Canada) Experience /Jacob Van Dyk and Jerry J. Battista.
- Radiology education 2009, SpringerIntroduction: Transforming radiology education through scholarship -- The genesis and application of radiology education: mind the gap -- Scholarship in radiology education -- Today's radiology student: what every radiology training program director needs to know -- Teaching and learning: defining the scholarship of teaching -- Interdisciplinary learning: a stimulant for reflective practice -- Feedback in radiologic education -- The role of mentoring in professional education -- Radiological and biomedical knowledge integration: the ontological way -- Educational insights about professional ethics in radiology -- Learning in practice: new approaches to professional development for radiologists -- Acquiring competencies in radiology: the canMEDS model -- Technologies for teaching: exploring the use of PACS, databases, and teaching files -- Portable imaging systems for interactive teaching of radiography, computed tomography and ultrasound imaging principles -- Medical education research: challenges and opportunities in the scholarship of discovery -- Developing a radiology curriculum for a new medical school in Singapore -- Leadership in radiology education -- The business of radiology education scholarship -- Radiology education in Southeast Asia: current status and pedagogical challenges -- Training of ultrasound doctors and educational reform in West China hospital of Sichuan University, China -- Teaching radiology at the Angkor hospital for children in Siem Reap, Cambodia -- Teaching radiology in Latin America: images from Peru -- Using the world wide web to develop competencies around the globe -- The role of a learned society in promotion and dissemination of knowledge -- Radiology education in the faculty of medicine at Cairo University (Kasr Al-Ainy hospital).
- Radiology for surgeons in clinical practice 2008, Springer
- Radiology fundamentals. 4th ed. 2012, Springer
- Radiology illustrated. Uroradiology. 2nd ed. 2012, Springer
- Radiology of the post surgical abdomen 2012, Springer
- Radiology review manual. 6th ed. 2007, Ovid
- "The book describes the disease entities, radiologic symptoms., as well as lists of differential diagnosis"--Provided by publisher.
- Review of radiologic physics. 3rd ed. 2012, OvidX-ray production -- X-ray interactions -- Projection radiography I -- Projection radiography II -- Computed tomography -- Image quality -- Radiobiology/patient dosimetry -- Radiation protection -- Nuclear medicine -- Ultrasound -- Magnetic resonance.
- Screening and preventive diagnosis with radiological imaging 2007, Springer
- Scrotal pathology 2012, Springer
- Sectional anatomy 2007, Springer
- Small-animal SPECT imaging 2005, Springer
- Spinal imaging 2008, Thieme Book1. Congenital malformations -- Arnold-Chiari malformation -- Lumbarization and sacralization -- Diastematomyelia -- Tethering -- Sacrococcygeal teratoma -- Meningocele, myelomeningocele -- Vertebral malformations -- Klippel-Feil syndrome -- Kyphosis -- Scheuermann disease -- Scoliosis -- Malrotation -- 2. Trauma -- Spinal injury-magerl classification -- Vertebral fractures-causes -- Dens fracture -- Flexion fracture of the cervical spine -- Burst fracture of the spine -- Chance fracture (seat belt fracture) -- Jefferson fracture -- Hangmans's fracture -- Spinal cord trauma -- Syringohydromyelia -- Anterior subluxation -- Insufficiency fracture of the sacrum -- Stress phenomena in the spine -- Stress fractures in ankylosing spondylitis -- 3. Degenerative disorders -- Disk degeneration -- Degenerative disk disease modic I -- Degenerative disk disease modic II -- Spondylosis deformans-modic III -- Disk herniation -- Bulge, protrusion, extrusion, sequestration -- Disk calcification and vacuum phenomenon -- Facet joint degeneration -- Uncovertebral osteoarthritis -- Synovial cyst -- Hypertroply of the ligamenta flava -- Baastrup disease -- Spongylolisthesis and pseudospondylolisthesis -- Degenerative spinal stenosis -- Diffuse idiopathic skeletal hyperostosis -- 4. Inflammatory disorders -- Rheumatoid arthritis -- Rheumatoid arthritis-chronic trauma -- Psoriatic spondyloarthropathy -- Reiter syndrome -- Ankylosing spondylarthropathy -- Ankylosing spondylitis-ligament calcification and bamboo spine -- Ankylosing psondylitis-fractures --Acute bacterial spondylitis -- Tuberculous spondylitis -- Epidural abscess -- Granulomatous inflammations of the spinal cord -- Arachnoiditis -- Acute transverse myelitis -- Spinal Multiple sclerosis --; 5. Tumors -- Hemangioma -- Osteoid osteoma -- Osteoblastoma -- Osteochondroma -- Aneurysmal bone cyst -- Giant cell tumor -- Langerhans cell histiocytosis -- Malignant tumors -- Bone metastases -- Multiple myeloma -- Chordoma -- Ewing sarcoma -- Lymphoma -- Nerve sheath tumors -- Leptomeningeal and intramedullary metastases -- Meningioma -- Ependymoma -- Astrocytoma -- Hemangioblastoma -- 6. Vascular disorders -- Epidural hematoma -- Arteriovenous malformation -- Arterial spinal cord infarction -- 7. Postoperative disorders -- Failed back surgery syndrome -- CSF fistula -- Peridural fibrosis -- Rapidly progressive osteoarthritis (after intersegmental fusion) -- Complications of spinal instrumentation -- 8. Metabolic disorders -- Senile and postmenopausal osteoporosis -- Paget disease -- Spinal epidural lipomatosis.
- Stopping of ions heavier than helium 2005, HighWire
- Systemic vasculitis 2012, Springer
- Technical basis of radiation therapy. 4th ed. 2006, Springer
- Teleradiology 2008, Springer
- Temporal bone 2010, SpringerImaging Technique -- Anatomy -- Multiplanar Atlas -- Advanced Imaging Applications -- Imaging Microscopy of the Temporal Bone: An Anatomy Tutorial.
- Three-dimensional cephalometry 2006, SpringerFrom 3-D volumetric computer tomography to 3-D cephalometry / Filip Schutyser, Johan Van Cleynenbreugel -- Basic craniofacial anatomical outlines / Gwen R.J. Swennen -- 3-D cephalometric reference system / Gwen R.J. Swennen -- 3-D cephalometric hard tissue landmarks / Gwen R.J. Swennen -- 3-D cephalometric soft tissue landmarks / Gwen R.J. Swennen -- 3-D cephalometric planes / Gwen R.J. Swennen -- 3-D cephalometric analysis / Gwen R.J. Swennen -- 3-D cephalometry and craniofacial growth / Gwen R.J. Swennen -- Clinical applications / Gwen R.J. Swennen -- Future perspectives of 3-D cephalometry / Gwen R.J. Swennen, Filip Schutyse.
- Ultra high field magnetic resonance imaging 2006, Springer
- Ultrasound. Rev. translation of 3rd German ed. 2007, Thieme BookBasic physical and technical principles -- The ultrasound examination -- Ultrasound documentation and reporting -- Function studies -- Interventional ultrasound -- Principal signs and symptoms -- Arteries and veins -- Cervical vessels -- Liver -- Kidney and adrenal gland -- Pancreas -- Spleen -- Bile ducts -- Gallbladder -- Gastrointestinal tract -- Urogenital tract -- Thorax -- Thyroid gland -- Major salivary glands -- Postoperative ultrasound -- Search for occult tumors.
- Vascular CT angiography manual 2011, SpringerCT basics -- Concepts in radiation -- Technical aspects of vascular CT angiography -- Carotid and upper extremity CT angiography -- Thoracic aortic CT angiography -- Abdominal aortic CT angiography -- Peripheral arterial CT angiography.
- Vascular interventional radiology 2007, Springer
- Venous embolization of the liver 2011, Springer
- Whiplash injury 2012, Springer
- Women's health in interventional radiology 2012, SpringerPt. 1. Pelvic vascular interventions -- pt. 2. Fallopian tube interventions -- pt. 3. Spine interventions -- pt. 4. Lower extremity venous interventions.
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- AAP Red Book Online
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Sabiston Textbook of Surgery
- Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics
- Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics
- Mandell, Douglas, & Bennett's Principles & Practice of Infectious Diseases
- Red Book Online
- ICU Book
- Primary Care Medicine
- Campbell-Walsh Urology
Shortcut to Licensed Content
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Links” (IE7) or “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
Shortcut for iPhone
What is it?
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) gives you access to resources licensed by the library even when you're not coming from a Lane or a Stanford IP address.
While we'd like Lane to be your gateway to our licensed content, we recognize that links to books, articles and journals come from a variety of different sources (Google, your email, RSS reader, etc.).
When installed, it will look your browser bookmark.
At the page you would like to proxy, click the "Lane Gateway to Licensed Content" to invoke it.
If Lane licenses that content, you'll get access as if you were on campus.
How does it work?
This allows you to view the URL as though you were on campus, giving you access to materials licensed for use by the Stanford academic community.
If you're not authenticated, you'll be prompted for your SUNetID and password.
Don't see the Toolbar, Bookmarks, or Links or Favorites bar?
From the "View" menu, select "Toolbars" & choose "Bookmarks Toolbar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Show Bookmarks Bar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Always Show Bookmarks Bar"
- Right-click in a clear area near the browser address bar
- In the menu, check a box next "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites" (IE8, IE9)
- Managing IE Favorites
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) only works with resources Lane has licensed and configured to work with our proxy server.
If invoked on a resource we do not license and/or have not yet configured, you will see an error message:
The Lane proxy server cannot complete your request because this host has not been configured properly.
We make no attempt to configure our proxy server for every resource, only those we license and for which a Stanford IP address grants access.
Drag this button onto your browser toolbar to install.
- Right click this button
- Select "Add to Favorites", click "Continue" if you see a security alert
- In "Create in" menu, select "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites Bar" (IE8, IE9) to install
Drag this button onto Safari Bookmarks bar to install.
Can't find it?
- Springer Protocols
- MD Consult
- Lange Series
- National Academy Press
- NCBI Bookshelf
- Thieme Atlases