Books by Subject
RadiologyAccess restricted to Stanford unless otherwise noted
- Section I: Basic principles --chapter 1.Diagnostic imaging methods /William E. Brant --Section II: Neuroradiology /Section editor: Erik H. L. Gaensler and Jerome A. Barakos --chapter 2.Introduction to brain imaging /David J. Seidenwurm and Govind Mukundan --chapter 3.Craniofacial trauma /Robert M. Barr, Alisa D. Gean, and Tuong H. Le --chapter 4.Cerebrovascular disease /Howard A. Rawley --chapter 5.Central nervous system neoplasms and tumor-like masses /Kelly K. Koeller --chapter 6.Central nervous system infections /Nathaniel A. Chuang and Walter L. Olsen --chapter 7.White matter and neurodegenerative diseases /Jerome A. Barakos and Derk D. Purcell --chapter 8.Pediatric neuroimaging /Camilla Lindan, Erik Gaensler, and Jerome Barakos --chapter 9.Head and neck imaging /Jerome A. Barakos and Derk D. Purcell --chapter 10.Nondegenerative diseases of the spine /Erik H. L. Gaensler and Derk D. Purcell --chapter 11.Lumbar spine: disc disease and stenosis /Clyde A. Helms --Section III: Pulmonary /Section editor: Jeffrey S. Klein --chapter 12.Methods of examination, normal anatomy, and radiographic findings of chest disease /Julio Lemo and Jeffrey S. Klein --chapter 13.Mediastinum and hila /Jeffrey S. Klein --chapter 14.Pulmonary vascular disease /Curtis E. Green and Jeffrey S. Klein --chapter 15.Pulmonary neoplasms /Jeffrey S. Klein --chapter 16.Pulmonary infection /Jeffrey S. Klein --chapter 17.Diffuse lung disease /Jeffrey S. Klein and Curtis E. Green --chapter 18.Airways disease /Jeffrey S. Klein --chapter 19.Pleura, chest wall, diaphragm, and miscellaneous chest disorders /Jeffrey S. Klein and Jimmy S. Ghostine --Section IV: Breast radiology /Section editor: Karen K. Lindfors --chapter 20.Breast imaging /Karen K. Lindfors and Huong T. Le-Petross --Section V: Cardiac radiology /Section editor: David K. Shelton --chapter 21.Cardiac anatomy, physiolgy, and imaging modalities /David K. Shelton --chapter 22.Cardiac imaging in acquired diseases /David K. Shelton and Gary Caputo --Section VI: Vascular and interventional radiology /Section editor: Michael J. Miller, Jr. --chapter 23.Thoracic, pulmonary arteries, and peripheral vascular disorders /Michael J. Miller Jr. and Tony P. Smith --chapter 24.Abdominal arteries, venous system, and nonvascular intervention /Michael J. Miller Jr. and Tony P. Smith --Section VII: Gastrointestinal tract /Section editor: William E. Brant --chapter 25.Abdomen and pelvis /William E. Brant --chapter 26.Liver, biliary tree, and gallbladder /William E. Brant --chapter 27.Pancreas and spleen /William E. Brant --chapter 28.Pharynx and esophagus /Sara Moshiri and William E. Brant --chapter 29.Stomach and duodenum /William E. Brant --chapter 30.Mesenteric small bowel /William E. Brant --chapter 31.Colon and appendix /William E. Brant and Sarah Erickson --Section VIII: Genitourinary tract /Section editor: William E. Brant --chapter 32.Adrenal glands and kidneys /William E. Brant --chapter 33.Pelvicalyceal system, ureters, bladder, and urethra /William E. Brant --chapter 34.Genital tract-CT, MR, and radiographic imaging /William E. Brant --Section IX: Ultrasonography /Section editor: William E. Brant --chapter 35.Abdomen ultrasound /William E. Brant --chapter 36.Genital tract and bladder ultrasound /William E. Brant --chapter 37.Obstetric ultrasound /William E. Brant --chapter 38.Chest, thyroid, parathyroid, and neonatal brain ultrasound /William E. Brant --chapter 39.Vascular ultrasound /William E. Brant and Raymond S. Dougherty --Section X: Musculoskeletal radiology /Section editor: Clyde A. Helms --chapter 40.Benign cystic bone lesions /Clyde A. Helms --chapter 41.Malignant bone and soft tissue tumors /Clyde A. Helms --chapter 42.Skeletal trauma /Clyde A. Helms --chapter 43.Arthritis /Clyde A. Helms --chapter 44.Metabolic bone disease /Clyde A. Helms --chapter 45.Skeletal "Don't Touch" lesions /Clyde A. Helms --chapter 46.Miscellaneous bone lesions /Clyde A. Helms --chapter 47.Magnetic resonance imaging of the knee /Clyde A. Helms --chapter 48.Magnetic resonance imaging of the shoulder /Clyde A. Helms --chapter 49.Magnetic resonance imaging of the foot and ankle /Clyde A. Helms --Section XI: Pediatric radiology /Section editor: Susan D. John --chapter 50.Pediatric chest /Susan D. John and Leonard E. Swischuk --chapter 51.Pediatric abdomen and pelvis /Susan D. John and Leonard E. Swischuk --Section XII: Nuclear radiology /Section editor: David K. Shelton --chapter 52.Introduction to nuclear medicine /David K. Shelton --chapter 53.Essential science of nuclear medicine /Ramsey D. Badawi, Linda A. Kroger, and Jerrold T. Bushberg --chapter 54.Skeletal system scintigraphy /David K. Shelton and Amir Kashefi --chapter 55.Pulmonary scintigraphy /David K. Shelton and Meena Kumar --chapter 56.Cardiovascular system scintigraphy /David K. Shelton --chapter 57.Endocrine gland scintigraphy /Marc G. Cote --chapter 58.Gastrointestinal, liver-spleen, and hepatobiliary scintigraphy /David K. Shelton and Roshanak Rahnamayi --chapter 59.Genitourinary system scintigraphy /Howard A. Carpenter and Cameron C. Foster --chapter 60.Scintigraphic diagnosis of inflammation and infection /Christopher J. Palestro --chapter 61.Molecular imaging /Amir Kashefi and David K. Shelton --chapter 62.Central nervous system scintigraphy /David H. Lewis and Jon Umlauf --chapter 63.Positron emission tomography /Cameron C. Foster, Bijan Bijan, and David K. Shelton.
- A brief history of arteriovenous malformation radiosurgery / A. Niranjan, L.D. Lunsford -- Natural history of cerebral arteriovenous malformations and the risk of hemorrhage after radiosurgery / C.-P. Yen, D. Schlesinger, J.P. Sheehan -- The technical evolution of gamma knife radiosurgery for arteriovenous malformations / L.D. Lunsford ... [et al.] -- Targeting and conformality in arteriovenous malformation radiosurgery / I. Paddick, E. Motti -- Dose selection in stereotactic radiosurgery / J.C. Flickinger ... [et al.] -- Development and testing of a radiosurgery-based arteriovenous malformation grading system B.E. Pollock -- Radiosurgery for brainstem arteriovenous malformation / K. Maruyama ... [et al.] -- Multistaged volumetric management of large arteriovenous malformations / H. Kano -- Endovascular embolization in combination with radiosurgery for treatment of arteriovenous malformations / R.A. Miller, B. Jankowitz -- Stereotactic radiosurgery after embolization for arteriovenous malformations / H. Kano -- Long-term side effects of radiosurgery for arteriovenous malformations / M. Yamamoto, T. Kawabe, B.E. Barfod -- Management of adverse radiatio effects after radiosurgery for arteriovenous malformations / E.A. Monaco -- Morphological observations in brain arteriovenous malformations after gamma knife radiosurgery / G.T. Szeifert -- Stereotactic radiosurgery guideline for the management of patients with intracranial arteriovenous malformations / A. Niranjan, L.D. Lunsford -- Cavernous malformations and hemorrhage risk / D. Kondziolka, E.A. Monaco, III, L.D. Lunsford -- Radiosurgery of brain cavernomas : long-term results / R. Liscak -- Radiosurgical treatment for epilepsy associated with cavernomas / M. Lévêque -- Stereotactic radiosurgery guidelines for the management of patients with intracranial cavernous malformations / A. Niranjan, L.D. Lunsford -- Intracranial dural arteriovenous fistulas : natural history and rationale for treatment with stereotactic radiosurgery / D.H.-C. Pan ... [et al.] -- Stereotactic radiosurgery with or without embolization for intracranial dural arteriovenous fistulas / H. Yang -- Dural arteriovenous fistulas and the role of gamma knife stereotactic radiosurgery : the Stockholm experience / M. Söderman, E. Dodoo, B. Karlsson -- Stereotactic radiosurgery guidelines for the management of patients with intracranial dural arteriovenous fistulas / A. Niranjan, L.D. Lunsford.
- Genitourinary radiology 2013, Springer1. Renal Neoplasms / Gregory T. MacLennan -- 2. Inflammatory Conditions of the Kidney / Gregory T. MacLennan -- 3. Cystic Diseases of the Kidney / Gregory T. MacLennan -- 4. Renal Calculus Disease / Can Zafer Karaman -- 5. Vascular Disorders of the Kidney / Gregory T. MacLennan -- 6. Medical Renal Disease and Transplantation Considerations / Gregory T. MacLennan -- 7. Non-neoplastic Disorders of the Renal Pelvis and Ureter / Gregory T. MacLennan -- 8. Neoplasms of the Renal Pelvis and Ureter / Gregory T. MacLennan -- 9. Renal and Ureteral Trauma / Vikram S. Dogra -- 10. Nonneoplastic Disorders of the Bladder / Gregory T. MacLennan -- 11. Neoplasms of the Bladder / Gregory T. MacLennan -- 12. Bladder Trauma / Musturay Karcaaltincaba -- 13. Congenital and Acquired Nonneoplastic Disorders of the Urethra / Gregory T. MacLennan -- 14. Neoplasms of the Urethra / Gregory T. MacLennan.
- Genitourinary radiology 2013, SpringerContrast Materials and Contrast Reaction Management -- Congenital and Acquired Nonneoplastic Disorders of the Prostate and Seminal Vesicles -- Neoplasms of the Prostate and Seminal Vesicles -- Congenital and Acquired Nonneoplastic Disorders of the Spermatic Cord and Testicular Adnexae -- Neoplasms of the Spermatic Cord and Testicular Adnexae -- Congenital and Acquired Nonneoplastic Disorders of the Testis -- Neoplasms of the Testis -- Congenital and Acquired Nonneoplastic Disorders of the Penis and Scrotum -- Neoplasms of the Penis and Scrotum -- Congenital and Acquired Nonneoplastic Adrenal Diseases -- Adrenal Neoplasms -- Congenital and Acquired Nonneoplastic Retroperitoneal Disorders -- Retroperitoneal Neoplasms -- Imaging of Urinary Diversion and Neobladder.
- Getting started in clinical radiology 2006, Thieme Book
- GISTs -- gastrointestinal stromal tumors 2011, Springer
- Print Material
- Grainger & Allison's Diagnostic radiology. Sixth edition [6th ed.] 2014, MD ConsultLong recognized as the standard general reference in the field, this completely revised edition of Grainger and Allison's Diagnostic Radiology provides all the information that a trainee needs to master to successfully take their professional certification examinations as well as providing the practicing radiologist with a refresher on topics that may have been forgotten. Organized along an organ and systems basis, this resource covers all diagnostic imaging modalities in an integrated, correlative fashion and focuses on those topics that really matter to a trainee radiologist in the initial years of training. Master the field and prepare for certification or recertification with a succinct, comprehensive account of the entire spectrum of imaging modalities and their clinical applications.
- Hand bone age. 2nd ed. 2012, Springer
- Handbook of angioplasty and stenting procedures 2010, SpringerBasic Tools Required to Perform Angioplasty and Stenting Procedures / David O. Kessel -- Arterial Pressure Measurements / Thomas B. Kinney -- Drugs - Pre-, Peri- and Post-intervention / Raman Uberoi -- Arterial Access / Dimitrios K. Tsetis -- Venous Access / Clare L. Bent and Matthew Matson -- General Principles of Angioplasty and Stenting / Elias N. Brountzos and Efthymia Alexopoulou -- Arterial Closure Devices / Stephen P. D'Souza and Dare M. Seriki -- Aortoiliac Angioplasty and Stenting / Robert A. Hieb -- Angioplasty and Stenting of the Superficial Femoral Artery and Popliteal Artery / Anna-Maria Belli -- Subintimal Angioplasty / Guy Fishwick -- Infrapopliteal Angioplasty and Stenting / Marc Sapoval, Olivier Pellerin and Laurent Bellmann -- Renal Artery Angioplasty and Stenting / Sanjay Misra -- Angioplasty/Stenting of Mesenteric Arteries / Stefan Müller-Hülsbeck -- Carotid Stenting and Angioplasty / Gerald Wyse and Kieran J. Murphy -- Intracranial and Vertebral Artery Angioplasty and Stenting / Jitendra Sharma, J. Mocco, Adnan H. Siddiqui and Elad I. Levy -- Angioplasty/Stenting of the Subclavian and Axillary Arteries / Trevor John Cleveland -- Stent-Grafting of the Thoracic Aorta / Jean-Paul Beregi and Marco Midulla -- Elective Endovascular Aneurysm Repair (EVAR) of Abdominal Aortic Aneurysms (AAA) / Johannes Lammer and Maria Schoder -- Endovascular Management of Ruptured Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm / William C. Loan and Chee Voon Soong -- Angioplasty/Stenting/Lysis/Thrombectomy of Hemodialysis Access / Himanshu Shah and Gordon McLennan -- Thrombolysis for Acute Lower Limb Ischemia / Thomas O. McNamara and Susie J. Muir -- Endovascular Treatment of Acute Stroke / Ali R. Zomorodi and Tony P. Smith -- Venoplasty and Stenting / Haraldur Bjarnason -- Venous Thrombolysis and Thrombectomy for Deep Venous Thrombosis / Nael E. A. Saad and Suresh Vedantham -- TIPS (Transjugular Intrahepatic Portosystemic Shunts) / George Behrens and Hector Ferral.
- Fully revised and updated, the Handbook serves as a practical guide to endovascular methods and as a concise reference for neurovascular anatomy and published data about cerebrovascular disease from a neurointerventionalist's perspective. Divided into three parts, the book covers:* Fundamentals of neurovascular anatomy and basic angiographic techniques; * Interventional Techniques and endovascular methods, along with useful device information and tips and tricks for daily practice; * Specific Disease States, with essential clinical information about commonly encountered conditions.New features in the 2nd Edition include:* Global Gems that illuminate aspects of the field outside the United States;* Angio-anatomic and angio-pathologic image correlates;* Newly released clinical study results influencing neurointerventional practice;* Information on emerging technologies in this rapidly advancing field.The Handbook is a vital resource for all clinicians involved in neurointerventional practice, including radiologists, neurosurgeons, neurologists, cardiologists, and vascular surgeons.
- Head and neck imaging 2008, Thieme BookSkull base / M. Cohnen, V. Engelbrecht -- Petrous bone / M. Cohnen -- Orbit / M. Cohnen, V. Engelbrecht -- Paranasal sinuses / M. Cohnen -- Pharynx / B. Fritz -- Larynx / K. Andersen -- Oral cavity / B. Fritz -- Salivary glands / K. Andersen -- Soft tissues of the neck / B. Fritz -- Lymph nodes / K. Andersen.
- Hip magnetic resonance imaging 2014, SpringerHip Magnetic Resonance Imaging presents a basic yet comprehensive discussion of the role and use of MRI in the diagnosis and treatment of injuries and diseases of the hip, highlighting common concerns and procedures. Beginning with the principles of MRI and dGEMRIC and moving on to normal and abnormal hip anatomy, the focus shifts to the MRI techniques used in the detection of disease conditions of the hip, including labral disease, osteonecrosis, extra-articular conditions and cartilage damage. Chapters on the utilization of biochemical imaging biomarkers in the treatment of hip disorders round out the text. Written by experts in radiology and orthopedics and generously illustrated with MRI radiographs, this book will be an important reference work for clinicians in those fields, as well as practitioners of sports medicine and primary care physicians.
- Hip sonography. 2nd ed. 2006, Springer
- How does MRI work?. 2nd ed. 2006, Springer
- Human osteology & skeletal radiology 2005, CRCnetBASE
- Hydatidosis of the central nervous system 2014, Springer"Hydatid disease, a zoonotic infection caused by a tapeworm of the genus Echinococcus, has been encountered in various organs in humans. In spite of all the advances in imaging techniques and therapeutic methods, hydatidosis of the central nervous system is still a life-threatening condition in infested areas of the world. Geographical regions affected include the Middle East, Mediterranean countries, South America, Central and Eastern Europe, South Africa, India, and Australia. This is the first comprehensive reference book on hydatidosis of the central nervous system. It is written and edited by leading international authorities from infested areas and provides an in-depth review of diagnosis and management of the disease. Clinical and neuroradiological findings are extensively documented with the aid of numerous original photographs, and the role of surgical intervention and chemotherapy is carefully appraised. In addition to the provision of detailed current evidence, future avenues and innovative therapeutic philosophies are discussed. This book will serve as an ideal source of up-to-date information for all with an interest in this debilitating disease."--Publisher's website.
- Image processing in radiology 2008, Springer
- Images in urology 2012, Springer
- Imaging and technology in urology 2012, SpringerPart 1.Imaging: Radiology --Principles of X-Ray Production and Radiation Protection /Christopher T. L. Wilkinson --How to Perform a Clinical Radiograph and Use a C-Arm /Christopher T. L. Wilkinson --Contrast Agents /Paul M. Taylor --How to Do an IVU /Paul M. Taylor --Dual Energy X-Ray Absorptiometry (DXA) /Richard Whitehouse --The Physics of Ultrasound /Paul M. Taylor --How to Ultrasound a Suspected Renal Mass /Michael J. Weston --How to Ultrasound a Painful Testis and a Testicular Mass /Michael J. Weston --How to Perform a Transrectal Ultrasound Scan and Prostate Biopsy /Fady Youssef and John B. Anderson --How to Manage a Hydronephrotic Kidney /Michael J. Weston --Principles of Computed Tomography (CT) /Catherine O'Dwyer --How to Do a CT Urogram (CTU) /Paul M. Taylor --How to Do a CT in a Patient with Presumed Upper Tract Trauma /Jonathan Smith --Principles of Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) /Jonathan Smith --How to Do an MRI of the Pelvis /Jonathan Smith --Magnetic Resonance Angiography (MRA) /Kieran O'Flynn --Vascular Embolisation Techniques in Urology /Alistair Cowie.Part 2.Imaging: Nuclear Medicine --Radionuclides and Their Uses in Urology /Richard Lawson --Counting and Imaging in Nuclear Medicine /Richard Lawson --Principles of Positron Emission Tomography (PET) Scanning /Heather A. Williams --How to Do a Renogram /Mary Prescott --How to Do a Diuresis Renogram /Mary Prescott --How to Do a DMSA Scan /Jackie James --How to Do a Radioisotope Glomerular Filtration Rate Study /Richard Lawson --How to Do a Bone Scan /Mary Prescott --How to Do a Transplant Renogram /Mary Prescott --Dynamic Sentinel Lymph Node Biopsy in Penile Cancer /Hussain M. Alnajjar and Nicholas A. Watkin --Part 3.Technology: Diagnostic --Urinalysis /David G. Ross --Principles of Urine Microscopy and Microbiological Culture /Chinari P. K. Subudhi --Measurement of Glomerular Filtration Rate (GFR) /Stephen Brown --Metabolic Assessment of Urinary Tract Stones /Adrian D. Joyce --Principles of Pressure Measurement /Ian Pearce --Principles of Measurement of Urinary Flow /Richard Napier-Hemy --How to Carry Out a Videocystometrogram (VCMG) /Alexander Springer, Ian Eardley and Ramnath Subramaniam --The Whitaker Test /Jeremy Oates and Kieran O'Flynn --Sphincter Electromyography (EMG) /Katherine E. Burnett and Christopher D. Betts --Tumour Markers /Richard Khafagy and William Cross --Urine Cytology /William Cross and Richard Khafagy --Histopathological Processing, Staining, and Immuno-histochemistry /Lorna McWilliam.Part 4.Technology: Operative --Principles of Urological Endoscopes /Luke Gordon --Rigid Endoscope Design /Luke Gordon --Light Sources, Light Leads, and Camera Systems /Stuart N. Lloyd and Adrian D. Joyce --Peripherals for Endoscopic Use /Stuart N. Lloyd and Steve Payne --Peripherals for Laparoscopic Use /Andrew Sinclair --Peripherals for Mechanical Stone Manipulation /Karyee Chow --Contact Lithotripters /Steve Payne --Endoscopic Use of Laser Energy /Omar Al Kadhi and Tev Aho --Double J Stents and Nephrostomy /Steve Payne --Urinary Catheters, Design, and Usage /Dave Shackley --Prostatic and Urethral Stents /Ian Eardley --Urological Prosthetics /Duncan J. Summerton and Ian Eardley --Meshes in Stress Urinary Incontinence and Pelvic Organ Prolapse /Neil Harris --Biological Meshes /Ian Eardley, Giulio Garaffa and David J. Ralph --Principles of Tissue Transfer in Urology /Giulio Garaffa, David J. Ralph and Ian Eardley --Theatre Design and Patient Safety /Pat McHugh and Steve Payne --Deep Venous Thrombosis (DVT) Prevention /Pat McHugh --Principles of Decontamination /Geoff J. H. Sjogren and Ralph Beard --Operative Tissue Destruction /Steve Payne --Sutures and Clips /Derek Fawcett --Monopolar Diathermy /Kieran O'Flynn --Bipolar Diathermy /Kieran O'Flynn --Alternatives to Electrosurgery /Adrian D. Joyce --Haemostatic Agents, Sealants, and Adhesives /Ian Eardley --Irrigation Fluids and Their Hazards /Stuart N. Lloyd --Insufflants and Their Hazards /Stephen Bromage and Andrew Sinclair --Laparoscopic Ports /Ben Sherwood and Dan Burke --Setting up a Robot /Ben Sherwood and Dan Burke.Part 5.Technology: Interventional --Neuromodulation by Sacral Nerve Stimulation /Cecile Tawadros, Katherine E. Burnett and Christopher D. Betts --Principles of Extracorporeal Shockwave Lithotripsy (ESWL) /Richard Napier-Hemy and Steve Payne --How to Carry Out Shockwave Lithotripsy /David G. Ross --Prostatic Hyperthermia /Ian Pearce --Ablative Therapies: High-Intensity Focused Ultrasound (HIFU), Cryotherapy, and Radio-Frequency Ablation (RFA) /Stephen Brown --Principles of Radiotherapy /John P. Logue --Electro-Motive Drug Administration (EMDA) /Vijay Sangar --Part 6.Technology of Renal Failure --Principles of Renal Replacement Therapy (RRT) /Colin D. Short --Principles of Peritoneal Dialysis /Philip A. Kalra --Haemodialysis /Rosie Donne --Principles of Renal Transplantation /Neil R. Parrott --Part 7.Assessment of Technology --Randomised Controlled Trials (RCTs) /Kieran O'Flynn --Health Technology Assessment /Robert Pickard, Michael Drinnan and Luke Vale.
- Imaging and urodynamics of the lower urinary tract. 2nd ed. 2010, SpringerPart 1. The Bladder -- The Normal Bladder -- Imaging Modalities Used for Assessment of the Bladder -- Congenital Anomalies of the Bladder -- Intraluminal Abnormalities of the Bladder -- Abnormalities of the Bladder Wall or Mural Abnormalities -- Staging of Bladder Cancer -- Abnormal Bladder Contour or Size -- Functional Abnormalities of the Bladder -- Part 2. The Urethra -- The Normal Urethra -- Congenital Anomalies of the Urethra -- Intraluminal Abnormalities and Filling Defects of the Urethra -- Intrinsic Abnormalities of the Urethral Wall -- Lower Urinary Tract Trauma -- Neoplasms of the Urethra.
- Imaging gliomas after treatment 2012, Springer
- Imaging in pediatric pulmonology 2012, Springer
- Imaging of foreign bodies 2014, SpringerMost ingested foreign bodies pass through the gastrointestinal tract without a problem. However, both ingested and inserted foreign bodies may cause serious complications, such as bowel obstruction or perforation. Foreign body aspiration is common in children, especially those under 3 years of age, and in these cases chest radiography and CT are the main imaging modalities. This textbook provides a thorough overview of the critical role of diagnostic imaging in the assessment of patients with suspected foreign body ingestion, aspiration, or insertion. A wide range of scenarios are covered, from the common problem of foreign body ingestion or aspiration in children and mentally handicapped adults through to drug smuggling by body packing and gunshot wounds. Guidance is offered on diagnostic protocols, and the value of different imaging modalities in different situations is explained. Helpful management tips are also provided. This textbook will prove invaluable for residents in radiology, radiologists, and physicians who are involved on a daily basis, within an emergency department, in the management of patients with suspected ingestion, aspiration, or insertion of foreign bodies.
- Imaging of the shoulder 2005, Springer
- Imaging the ICU patient 2014, SpringerWork in intensive care is dynamic and often requires swift decision-making to achieve the best patient outcome. This book serves as a practical guide for professionals working in this demanding area of medicine. It reviews diagnostic options as well as strengths and weaknesses of imaging techniques in clinical scenarios familiar to most ICU clinicians. The concise format allows rapid access to key information. Imaging the ICU Patient is a true collaboration between critical care and radiology. It demystifies the process of deciding when and how to image the critically ill patient. Using a symptom-orientated approach, it addresses techniques as well as patient safety issues. It is meant to be used by critical care clinicians and radiologists and aims to foster a better appreciation of the concerns both specialties have when imaging critically ill patients.
- Inflammatory diseases of the brain. 2nd ed. 2013, SpringerInflammatory diseases of the CNS are playing an increasingly important role in the clinical practice of neuroradiology. Neuroimaging contributes greatly to the differentiation of infectious (e.g., viral encephalitis and pyogenic brain abscess) and noninfectious (e.g., multiple sclerosis) inflammatory brain diseases and to the distinction between brain inflammation and other brain diseases, e.g., neoplastic or ischemic. This second, updated edition of Inflammatory Diseases of the Brain provides a comprehensive overview of the field from a neuroradiological point of view. In order to ensure a standardized approach throughout the book, each disease-oriented chapter is again subdivided into three principal sections: epidemiology, clinical presentation, and therapy; imaging; and differential diagnosis. A separate chapter addresses technical and methodological issues and imaging protocols. An important focus of the book is the current role of advanced MR imaging techniques, such as diffusion and perfusion MRI and MR spectroscopy, in the differentiation of inflammatory and other brain diseases. All of the authors are recognized experts, and the numerous high-quality and informative illustrations include some not contained in the first edition. This book will be of great value not only to neuroradiologists but also to neurologists, neuropediatricians, and general radiologists.
- Inorganic scintillators for detector systems 2006, Springer
- Interventional neuroradiology of the spine 2013, SpringerAccurate interpretation of indications for treatment is the cornerstone of success in medicine. This book carefully examines the relation between clinical features, diagnosis, and choice of minimally invasive technique for a range of spine pathologies. It explains how selection of technique is intimately related to clinical and diagnostic aspects and how recognition of this relation forms the foundation for an optimal outcome. In addition to examining the various minimally invasive options, including the latest techniques, careful attention is paid to the role of medical treatment in avoiding recurrence after initial therapy. Nerve blocks, epidural injections, and intradiscal procedures are among the many options available in the armamentarium of the interventionalist, and advice is given on their use in different contexts.
- Interventional radiology in pain treatment 2007, Springer
- Interventional radiology procedures in biopsy and drainage 2011, SpringerGeneral principles of biopsy and drainage -- Liver biopsy -- Chest biopsy -- Mediastinal biopsy -- Bone biopsy -- Adrenal biopsy -- Renal biopsy -- Pancreatic biopsy -- Lymph node biopsy -- Splenic biopsy -- Thyroid biopsy -- Prostate biopsy -- Drainage of abdominal fluid collections -- Drainage of pelvic fluid collections -- Drainage of intrathoracic fluid collections -- Liver cyst/abscess drainage -- Drainage of pancreatic abscess and fluid collections -- Percutaneous biliary drainage and stenting -- Percutaneous cholecystostomy and cholecystolithotomy -- Percutaneous nephrostomy and antegrade ureteric stenting -- Fluoroscopy-guided percutaneous renal access for treatment of stone disease -- Percutaneous gastrostomy and gastrojejunostomy.
- Interventional radiology techniques in ablation 2013, SpringerThe Techniques in Interventional Radiology series of handbooks describes in detail the various interventional radiology procedures and therapies that are in current practice.The series comprises a number of titles, which cover procedures in angioplasty and stenting, transcatheter embolization and therapy, biopsy and drainage, ablation, pediatric interventional radiology and neurointerventional radiology. Each book is laid out in bullet point format, so that the desired information can be located quickly and easily. Interventional radiologists at all stages, from trainees through to specialists, will find this book a valuable asset for their practice.Interventional Radiology Techniques in Ablation is a practical and concise guide to contemporary techniques in image-guided tumor ablation. This handbook is intended to serve as a quick reference for physicians in interventional radiology training as well as a resource for IR technologists, nurses, nurse practitioners and physician assistants.
- Introduction to medical imaging management 2013, CRCnetBASEIn the past, for the most part, people who moved into management positions in medical imaging were chosen because they were the best technologists. However, the skill set for technologists and supervisors/managers are vastly different. Even an MBA-educated person may not be ready to take on imaging management. As an example, when buying a very expensive piece of imaging equipment, this person would not necessarily know the right questions to ask, such as: What is my guaranteed uptime? Is technologist training included? Introduction to Medical Imaging Management is a comprehensive reference for.
- Joint imaging in childhood and adolescence 2013, SpringerSince the advent of cross-sectional imaging methods, few works have been devoted to pediatric musculoskeletal imaging, and information is especially limited on the skeletally immature joint. Furthermore, reduced emphasis on pediatric training means that general radiologists are increasingly unfamiliar with normal and abnormal imaging findings in children and adolescents. Knowledge of the imaging appearances of the immature joint is, however, crucial for correct image interpretation. This book covers key selected topics in the imaging evaluation of the skeletally immature joint. The opening chapters consider the current role, advantages, and limitations of each modality in pediatric assessment and present the imaging appearances of anatomic and developmental peculiarities of the growing skeleton. Findings in a wide range of important conditions are then described in a series of richly illustrated chapters that document appearances on diverse imaging studies, from conventional radiography through to modern high-tech modalities. By presenting the essential information on imaging of the immature joint, the authors hope to provide radiologists (musculoskeletal specialists and generalists alike) with a new tool that will assist greatly in overcoming the daily challenges posed by interpretation of pediatric examinations in the twenty-first century. The book will also be of interest to all other specialists involved in the diagnosis and treatment of children and adolescents with articular complaints.
- Late effects of cancer treatment on normal tissues 2008, Springer
- Learning abdominal imaging 2012, Springer
- Learning diagnostic imaging 2008, Springer
- Learning neuroimaging 2012, Springer
- Learning vascular and interventional radiology 2010, SpringerThis book is an introduction to interventional radiology. Written in a case-based format, the book is subdivided into ten chapters made up of ten vascular and non-vascular interventional radiology cases. Each case contains illustrations and legends describing the imaging findings and technical details of each intervention, comments from anatomical, physiopathological and radiological standpoints, as well as a description of the interventional procedure and the required interventional devices. The book is aimed at vascular and non-vascular interventional radiologists, vascular surgeons, radiology.
- Liver radioembolization with 90Y microspheres. 2nd edition 2014, SpringerThis is the second edition of a very well received book devoted specifically to the treatment of liver tumors by radioembolization with 90Y microspheres. The success of the first edition was based on the provision of all the fundamental information required for successful use of this therapeutic modality in clinical practice. The new edition has been fully updated to cover the most recent advances and includes additional chapters on regulations and emerging trends. Detailed information is provided on the full range of relevant topics, including hepatic vascular anatomy (including variants), dosimetry, assessment of tumor response, and the results achieved using radioembolization alone and in combination with other treatments in patients with primary or metastatic disease. Complications and side-effects are also fully discussed. This book will prove immensely valuable for both beginners and practitioners.
- Lung cancer imaging 2013, SpringerWhile specialists often guide the care to lung cancer patients, it is often a general radiologist who is left to interpret studies that impact patient care and management. Lung Cancer Imaging provides a comprehensive guide to the diagnosis, staging and overview of the management of lung cancer relevant to practicing radiologists so that they can better understand the decision making issues and provide more directed and useful communication to the treating physicians. It Primary Care physicians will also find this book valuable to understand the relevant issues that they face when one of their.
- Magnetic resonance angiography 2012, Springer
- MDCT and 3D workstations 2006, Springer
- MDCT and MRI of the heart 2014, SpringerThe new series A-Z Notes in Radiological Practice and Reporting provides practical guides for residents and general radiologists, organized alphabetically, primarily according to disease or condition. All booklets are designed so as to comprise only a small number of illustrations and to cover a large spectrum of topicsreferring to different anatomical regions of interest. The first volume on cardiac CT and MR imaging contains all the practical suggestions that can help a radiologist in the execution and reporting of a cardiac examination. The book is structured to offer an easy and fast consultation on cardiac imaging and pathology with the use of tables and figures. Entries typically include a short description of pathological and clinical characteristics, guidance on selection of the most appropriate imaging technique, a schematic review of potential diagnostic clues, and useful tips and tricks.
- MDCT. Rev. ed. 2008, Springer
- When analyzing the results of diagnostic imaging studies, the radiologist traditionally makes reference to particular features representative of normality or pathology. Most of these features are associated with images of the world around us. This pictorial issue contains nearly 400 illustrations and descriptions of more than 100 classic radiological signs of chest and abdominal diseases that are not named after authors but based on metaphors derived from contemplation of our environment. By correlating the results of computed tomography with these vivid descriptive images, readers will be able to memorize typical and often pathognomonic patterns of disease more quickly and more easily. This book will be of value for both radiology residents and more experienced radiologists.
- Meyers' Dynamic radiology of the abdomen. 6th ed. 2011, SpringerA new paradigm -- Clinical embryology of the abdomen -- Clinical anatomy of the abdomen -- Mechanisms of spread of disease in the abdomen and pelvis -- Intraperitoneal spread of infections and seeded metastases -- The extraperitoneal spaces: normal and pathologic anatomy -- The extraperitoneal pelvic compartments -- Patterns of spread of disease from the liver -- Patterns of spread of disease from the distal esophagus and stomach -- Patterns of spread of disease from the pancreas -- Patterns of spread of disease from the small intestine -- Patterns of spread of disease from the large intestine -- Patterns of spread of renal, upper urothelial, and adrenal pathology -- Patterns of spread of disease of the pelvis and male urogenital organs -- Patterns of spread of gynecologic disease -- Patterns of extraabdominal and extrapelvic spread -- Internal abdominal hernias.
- Micro-tomographic atlas of the mouse skeleton 2007, Springer
- Modeling and analysis of shape with applications in computer-aided diagnosis of breast cancer 2011, AtyponMalignant tumors due to breast cancer and masses due to benign disease appear in mammograms with different shape characteristics: the former usually have rough, spiculated, or microlobulated contours, whereas the latter commonly have smooth, round, oval, or macrolobulated contours. Features that characterize shape roughness and complexity can assist in distinguishing between malignant tumors and benign masses. In spite of the established importance of shape factors in the analysis of breast tumors and masses, difficulties exist in obtaining accurate and artifact-free boundaries of the related regions from mammograms. Whereas manually drawn contours could contain artifacts related to hand tremor and are subject to intra-observer and inter-observer variations, automatically detected contours could contain noise and inaccuracies due to limitations or errors in the procedures for the detection and segmentation of the related regions. Modeling procedures are desired to eliminate the artifacts in a given contour, while preserving the important and significant details present in the contour.
- Molecular imaging 2009, Springer
- Molecular imaging 2008, SpringerII SpringerWith the increasing interest in the experimental and clinical application of molecular imaging many institutions create research groups or interdisciplinary centers focussing on the complex development process of this new methodology. The aim for this textbook of molecular imaging is to provide an up to date review of this rapidly growing field and to discuss basic methodological aspects necessary for the interpretation of experimental and clinical results.
- MRI parameters and positioning. 2nd ed. 2010, Thieme
- Multidetector-row CT of the thorax 2006, Springer
- Multidisciplinary management of prostate cancer 2014, SpringerProstate cancer is the most common neoplasm in men and its management is very complex, in terms of both diagnosis and treatment. In recent years the value of multidisciplinary management within a prostate cancer unit has been increasingly recognized. Such a multidisciplinary approach within a specialized unit involves a variety of specialists, including urologists, oncologists, radiotherapists, radiologists and pathologists. This book describes in detail the advantages of multidisciplinary management of prostate cancer. It opens by explaining the nature of the required multidisciplinary team and the potential benefits of the prostate cancer unit as a structure for the delivery of specialist multidisciplinary care. Epidemiological aspects favoring multidisciplinary management are described and each element of care within the context of the prostate cancer unit is then discussed; also has been described the role of advanced imaging (Multiparametric MRI) in the management of PCa. Early diagnosis, risk classification, treatment decision making, surgery, radiotherapy, medical therapies and health care support are all fully considered. This book will be informative and enlightening for all who are involved in the management of patients with prostate cancer.
- Multislice-CT of the abdomen 2012, SpringerPhysical Background of Multi Detector Row Computed Tomography /Thomas Flohr --Future Developments for MSCT /Patrik Rogalla --Radiation Exposure and Risk Associated with CT Examinations /Gunnar Brix and Elke A. Nekolla --Contrast Agent Application and Protocols /Markus S. Juchems --Imaging Findings of Cirrhotic Liver /Jeong Min Lee, Dong Ho Lee and Jeong-Hee Yoon --Imaging Findings in Non-Cirrhotic Liver /Daniele Marin and Giuseppe Brancatelli --Liver and Biliary System: Postoperative Findings /Magaly Zappa, Annie Sibert and Valérie Vilgrain --Inflammatory Processes in the Liver and Biliary Tract /Wesley C. Chan and Benjamin M. Yeh --Neoplastic Processes in Biliary System /Tae Kyoung Kim, Korosh Khalili and Hyun-Jung Jang --Assessment of the Hepatic Vessels with MDCT /Rocio Perez-Johnston, Dipti K. Lenhart, Daniella F. Pinho and Dushyant V. Sahani --MSCT Imaging of Acute and Chronic Pancreatitis /Shelby Fishback, David H. Kim and Perry J. Pickhardt --Solid Pancreatic Masses /Alec J. Megibow --Cystic Pancreatic Masses /A. Oto --Imaging CT of the Spleen /Giovanni Morana and Christian Cugini --Imaging of Post Pancreatic Surgery /R. Graziani, S. Mautone, M. C. Ambrosetti, M. Barillari and R. Manfredi, et al. --Renal Masses /Anno Graser and Ullrich G. Mueller-Lisse --Adrenal Masses /Julie H. Song and William W. Mayo-Smith --Inflammatory and Infectious Disease of the Kidney and Urinary Collecting System /Ullrich G. Mueller-Lisse, Ulrike L. Mueller-Lisse, Eva M. Coppenrath and Anno Graser --MSCT of the Stomach /Sameer Ahmed, Karen M. Horton, Elliot K. Fishman and Pamela T. Johnson --Small Bowel /Franco Iafrate, Marco Rengo, Paola Lucchesi, Maria Ciolina and Paolo Baldassari, et al. --MSCT of the Abdomen: Colon, Rectum and CT Colonography /Emanuele Neri, Annalisa Mantarro, Rossella Scandiffio, Pietro Bemi and Lorenzo Faggioni, et al. --Mesenteric and Retroperitoneal Diseases /Antonella Filippone, Roberta Cianci and Antonio Raffaele Cotroneo --Imaging Findings in Acute Abdomen /Borut Marincek.
- Musculoskeletal imaging 2008, Thieme Book1. Tumors -- Osteoma -- Osteoid osteoma -- Enchondroma -- Osteochondoroma (cartilaginous exostosis) --Nonossifying fibroma -- Fibrous dysplasia (Jaffe-Lichtenstein Disease) -- Juvenile bone cyst -- Aneurysmal bone cyst -- Giant cell tumor (Osteoclastoma) -- Synovial chondromatosis (Reichel Syndrome) -- Bone hemangioma -- Paget Diesase (Ostetis Deformans) --Metastases -- Osteosarcoma -- Ewind sarcoma -- Multiple myeloma (plasmacytoma) -- Lymphoma of bone -- Neoplastic vertebral compression fracture -- Soft-tissue hemangioma -- Soft-tissue sarcoma -- Lipoma -- Pigmented villonodular synovitis -- Myositis ossificans -- 2. Inflammatory diseases -- Osteomyelitis -- Brodie abscess -- Rheumatoid arthritis -- Psoriatic arthritis/psoriatic arthropathy -- Septic arthritis -- Gout (gouty arthritis) -- Ankylosing spondylitis -- Spondylitis and spondylodiskitis -- Complex regional pain syndrome -- 3. Degenerative disease -- Osteoarthritis -- Osteochondrosis -- Intervertebral disk herniation -- Spinal canal stenosis -- Spondylolysis/spondylolisthesis -- Implant loosening -- Diffuse idiopathic skeletal hyperostosis -- Neuropathic osteoarthropathy (charcot joint) -- 4. Metabolic disorders -- Osteoporosis -- Rickets -- Osteomalacia -- Hyperparathyroidism -- 5. Developmental disorders -- Madelund deformity -- Hip dysplasia -- Tibia vara (Blount Disease) -- Slipped capital femoral epiphysis -- Club foot (talipes equinovarus) -- Scoliosis -- Osteogenesis imperfecta -- Osteopetrosis (Marble Bone Disease) -- Scheuermann Disease -- 6. Osteonecrosis -- Perthes Disease -- Osteonecrosis of the knee -- Lunatomalacia (Kienbock Disease) -- Femoral head necrosis -- Osteochondritis dissecans -- Bone infarct -- 7. Intra-articular lesions -- Meniscal lesions -- Cruciate ligament tears -- Cartilage lesions -- Labral lesions -- Rotator cuff lesions -- 8. Ligament and tendon injuries -- Lateral ankle ligament rupture -- Achilles tendon rupture -- Avulsion fracture -- Shoulder impingement -- 9. Fractures and dislocations -- Clavicle fracture -- Acromioclavicular separation -- Proiximal humerus fractures -- Shoulder dislocation -- Radial head fracture -- Pediatric condylar fractures -- Distal radius fracture -- scaphoid fracture -- Triquetrum fracture -- Skier's thumb (gamekeeper's thumb) -- Dens fracture -- Femoral neck fracture -- pertrochanteric femoral fracture -- Patella fracture -- Tibial plateau fracture -- Ankle joint fractures -- Calcaneus fracture -- Fractures of the base of the fifth metatarsal -- Occult fracture -- Stress fracture - Pseudarthrosis.
- Neuroimaging of movement disorders 2013, SpringerIntroduction to Neuroimaging / Christian LoRe Stanton, Pradip M. Pattany -- Morphometric Analyses in Movement Disorders / Bogdan Draganski, Ettore A. Accolla -- Diffusion Magnetic Resonance Imaging and Its Applications in Movement Disorders / Jiun-Jie Wang, Yau-Yau Wai -- PET/SPECT Imaging During Dynamic Motor Control / Kazumi Iseki, -- Transcranial Ultrasonography in Movement Disorders / Stefanie Behnke, Daniela Berg -- Applications of Near-Infrared Spectroscopy in Movement Disorders / Masahito Mihara -- Structural MRI in Idiopathic Parkinson Disease and Parkinsonism / Christoph Mueller, Klaus Seppi, Werner Poewe -- Dopamine Imaging in Idiopathic Parkinson Disease and Other Parkinsonisms / Yen F. Tai, Nicola Pavese, -- Functional MRI in Idiopathic Parkinson Disease and Parkinsonism / Tao Wu, Mark Hallett -- Neuromelanin Imaging in Parkinson Disease / Makoto Sasaki -- Neuroimaging of Dystonia / Silvina G. Horovitz, Mark Hallett -- Neuroimaging in Essential Tremor / Corneliu C. Luca -- Imaging in Huntington's Disease and Other Choreas / Andrew McGarry, Kevin M. Biglan -- Neuroimaging of Ataxias / Anelyssa D' Abreu, Fernando Cendes -- Other Gait Disorders / Joseph C. Masdeu -- Neuroimaging of Basal Ganglia Calcifications / Norbert Brüggemann, Johann Hagenah.
- Neuroradiology in clinical practice 2013, SpringerThis quick reference guide for medical students and residents presents over sixty clinical case studies of major neurological conditions and their associated neuroimaging characteristics. A primer on the fundamental physics which underlie neuroimaging techniques is also provided. The content is organized by pathology type and the structure of every topic is similar to help the reader develop his or her thinking process in a stepwise fashion and to provide a rational approach to imaging interpretation. Neuroradiology in Clinical Practice is aimed at medical students and residents doing their rotations in neurology, internal medicine, emergency medicine, and family medicine, but will also be useful for allied health professionals, nurse practitioners, physician assistants and other primary medical care providers.
- Epidemiology, clinical aspects and pathology -- Epidemiology, risk factors and clinical presentation -- Pathology and genetics -- Diagnosis -- Ultrasound -- Case for MDCT -- Case for MRI -- Endoscopic ultrasonography in pancreatic tumors: when and why? -- PET/CT in pancreatic cancer -- Cost decision analysis for diagnosing and staging -- Therapy -- Case for surgery -- Locally advanced nonmetastatic cancer -- Metastatic pancreatic cancer: systemic therapy -- Role of interventional endoscopy -- Local ablative techniques in the treatment of locally advanced pancreatic cancer.
- Non-vascular interventional radiology of the abdomen 2011, Springer
- Nuclear medicine 2014, SpringerThe book is a compilation of guidelines from various organizations such as Society of Nuclear Medicine and Molecular Imaging, European Association of Nuclear Medicine, American College of Radiology, and International Atomic Energy Agency. The description of the procedures is simple, easy to understand and current. The aim of this book is: a) Nuclear medicine professionals can use this book as a quick reference about how a procedure is to be performed. The set of instructions given to a patient before, during and after the procedure have also been included in each chapter. b) To educate general physicians about nuclear medicine procedures. The procedures are explained briefly with common indications and precautions. Normal and abnormal nuclear medicine images have also been included for quick comparison. c) To educate paramedical staff or healthcare professionals so that they can brace themselves rather than embrace. By this they can clarify, suffice the eager and send patients to a nuclear medicine department after proper preparation. d) To educate patients who come for nuclear medicine procedure. e) To remove apprehensions and doubts which arise in the mind of the patients.
- Numerical and practical exercises in thermoluminescence 2006, Springer
- Orthopantomography 2013, SpringerTechnique and Normal Anatomy -- Hints of Technique and Methodology -- Normal Anatomy -- Elementary Radiographical Semeiotics and Pathological Terminology -- Alterations of Number, Orientation, Seat, Morphology, Width and Structure of the Dental Element -- Caries -- Periapical Lesions -- The Periodontal Disease -- Cystic Lesions and Maxillary Tumours -- OPT in Post-treatment Evaluation.
- PACS. 2nd ed. 2006, Springer
- Paleoradiology 2008, SpringerPaleoradiology : history and new developments / Rethy K. Chhem -- Paleoradiologic techniques / George Saab, Rethy K. Chhem, and Richard N. Bohay -- The taphonomic process, biological variation, and x-ray studies / Don R. Brothwell -- Diagnostic paleoradiology for paleopathologists / Rethy K. Chhem, George Saab, and Don R. Brothwell -- Paleoradiology in the service of zoopaleopathology / Don R. Brothwell -- Normal variations in fossils and recent human groups / Don R. Brothwell -- Concluding comments / Rethy K. Chhem and Don R. Brothwell.
- Panoramic radiology 2007, Springer
- Pathology of the aging human nervous system. 2nd ed. 2001, MyiLibrary
- Patient dosimetry for x rays used in medical imaging 2005, HighWire
- Pediatric chest imaging. 2nd rev. ed. 2008, SpringerChest Ultrasound (US) / Goya Enriquez, Celestino Aso and Xavier Serres -- The Contribution of Nuclear Medicine to Pulmonary Imaging / Michael J. Gelfand and David L. Gilday -- Helical Multidetector Chest CT / Pilar García-Peña and Catherine M. Owens -- High-Resolution CT of the Lung in Children / Javier Lucaya and Hubert Ducou Le Pointe -- Pulmonary Malformations Beyond the Neonatal Period / Josep M. Mata and Amparo Castellote -- CT of Acute Pulmonary Disease: Infection, Infarction, and Trauma / Lane F. Donnelly -- Pediatric Tuberculosis / Pedro A. Daltro and Eloá Nunez-Santos -- How to Perform and Interpret MR Sleep Studies for Obstructive Sleep Apnea in Children / Lane F. Donnelly -- Foreign Body Aspiration: Imaging Aspects / Benjamin Z. Koplewitz and Jacob Bar-Ziv -- Imaging Evaluation of the Thymus and Thymic Disorders in Children / Donald P. Frush -- Lymphoma - Controversies in Imaging the Chest / Sue C. Kaste -- Chest Tumours Other than Lymphoma / Kieran McHugh -- Thoracic Manifestations of Systemic Diseases / Alan S. Brody -- Radiology of the Chest Wall / Georg F. Eich, Christian J. Kellenberger and Ulrich V. Willi -- Pediatric Cardiac MRI / Rajesh Krishnamurthy and Taylor Chung -- Pediatric Cardiac CT / Laureen Sena, Rajesh Krishnamurthy and Taylor Chung -- Fetal MRI of the Chest / Pedro A. Daltro and Heron Werner -- Neonatal Chest Imaging / Janet L. Strife and Eric J. Crotty.
- Pediatric interventional radiology 2014, SpringerThe introductory section of the book will highlight the unique elements of pediatric practice that are necessary to provide safe patient care. The remainder of the book will discuss all major vascular and non-vascular PIR procedures. The organization will be procedure specific with secondary area classification.The procedural chapters will be organized using a standard format to make it easier for readers to find information. The chapters will contain introductory descriptions of disease processes, indications for intervention, technical information about the procedures and post procedure care.
- Pediatric neuroradiology 2005, Springerv. 1. Brain -- v. 2. Head and neck, spine.
- Pediatric PET imaging 2006, Springer
- Pediatric radiology review 2007, SpringerChest radiographs -- Lateral neck radiographs -- Abdominal radiographs -- Skull radiographs -- Long bone and extremity radiographs -- CT scan review.
- Pediatric radiology. 3rd ed. 2005, Springer
- Pediatric ultrasound 2014, SpringerUltrasound plays an important role in the diagnostic imaging of infants and children and has indeed become the workhorse for many conditions. This is attributable both to the avoidance of ionizing radiation and to the unique features displayed on ultrasound in children in almost all body areas. In the future the potential of ultrasound can be expected to increase further owing to new developments such as ultrasound contrast material, three- or four-dimensional ultrasound, and ultrasound elastography. This book systematically covers the use of ultrasound in all organ systems and throughout childhood. After discussion of the basics, including physics, artifacts, and procedural details, decision making regarding the use of ultrasound is elucidated by listing next imaging steps based on recommended imaging algorithms. The indications and prerequisites for a particular examination are documented, and practical tips and tricks are highlighted. The normal, age-dependent ultrasound findings and typical appearances in different pathologies are presented in detail and illustrated by numerous high-quality images. Particular emphasis is placed on those findings that differ from the adult sonographic appearances. In addition to the classic pediatric abdominal applications, detailed consideration is given to neurosonography, echocardiography, chest ultrasound, musculoskeletal and hip ultrasound, Doppler sonography, and interventional ultrasound. The potential role of the most modern techniques in various situations is explained. Pediatric Ultrasound will prove an invaluable source of information and an indispensable aid to decision making and diagnosis for radiology residents, experienced (pediatric) radiologists, sonographers, pediatricians, pediatric surgeons and urologists, and all other physicians who deal with children as a part of their daily practice.
- Pediatric uroradiology. 2nd rev. ed. 2008, Springer
- Percutaneous image-guided biopsy 2014, SpringerThis book provides a comprehensive source for all aspects of percutaneous image-guided biopsy. A synthesis of rationale, technique and evidence-based medicine, it offers a clear approach to imaging, devices, procedures and patient care.
- PET 2006, Springer
- PET and SPECT in psychiatry 2014, Springer
- PET and SPECT of neurobiological systems 2014, SpringerPET and SPECT of Neurobiological Systems combines the expertise of renowned authors whose dedication to the development of novel probes and techniques for the investigation of neurobiological systems has achieved international recognition. Various aspects of neurotransmission in the brain are discussed, such as visualization and quantification of (more than 20 different) neuroreceptors, neuroinflammatory markers, transporters, and enzymes as well as neurotransmitter synthesis, -amyloid deposition, cerebral blood flow, and the metabolic rate of glucose. The latest results in probe development are also detailed. Most chapters are written jointly by radiochemists and nuclear medicine specialists to ensure a multidisciplinary approach. This state of the art compendium will be valuable to anyone in the field of clinical or preclinical neuroscience, from the radiochemist and radiologist/nuclear medicine specialist to the interested neurobiologist and general practitioner. It is the second volume of a trilogy on PET and SPECT imaging in the neurosciences. Other volumes focus on PET and SPECT in psychiatry and PET and SPECT in "neurology".
- PET-CT 2012, Springer
- PET/CT essentials for clinical practice 2006, SpringerProvides fundamental information to all clinicians interested in incorporating PET into their clinical practice and who are involved in the diagnosis, initial staging, and restaging of malignancy. Covers basic principles such as patient preparation, imaging interpretation, and reimbursement, to specific applications for oncologic, cardiac, and neurologic disorders.
- Pocket atlas of dental radiology 2007, Thieme BookIncludes skull and oral tumor images
- Pocket atlas of echocardiography 2006, Thieme BookExamination -- Imaging and patient position -- Parasternal long-axis view -- Parasternal short-axis view -- Apical windows -- Suprasternal window -- Subcostal window -- M-mode and Doppler echocardiography -- M-mode -- Doppler -- Cardiac abnormalities -- Valvular heart disease -- Coronary heart disease -- Cardiomyopathies -- Prosthetic valves -- Carditis -- Septal defects -- Hypertensive heart diseases -- Intracardiac masses.
- Pocket atlas of radiographic anatomy. 3rd ed. 2010, ThiemeSkull -- Spine -- Upper extremities -- Lower extremities -- Routine radiographs -- Spot images -- Tomography -- Gastrointestinal system -- Intravenous contrast studies -- Arthrography -- Arteriography -- Venograpy -- Special studies.
- Population neuroscience 2013, SpringerTerms and Concepts --History of the Key Disciplines --Enviromics --Genomics --Epigenomics --Molecular Phenomics --Systems Phenomics --Cohorts --Challenges --Personalized Preventive Medicine.
- Practical pelvic floor ultrasonography 2014, SpringerPractical Pelvic Floor Ultrasonography: A Multicompartmental Approach to 2D/3D/4D Ultrasonography of Pelvic Floor provides an introduction to pelvic floor imaging, as well as a resource to be used during initial and more advanced practice. The book helps readers gain competence in performing 2D/3D/4D transperineal, and 2D/3D endovaginal / endoanal ultrasound evaluation of the pelvic floor, including anal sphincter and levator ani complex. The text also shows interested clinicians how to obtain optimal images of pelvic floor muscles and organs, how to obtain useful images of the anal canal, levator ani complex, urethra, and how to interpret clinical implications of alterations of the anatomy. In addition, emerging techniques of dynamic pelvic floor ultrasound and 3D/4D ultrasound are introduced through step by step protocols that are aimed at optimizing sonographic images. Written entirely by experts in their fields, Practical Pelvic Floor Ultrasonography: A Multicompartmental Approach to 2D/3D/4D Ultrasonography of Pelvic Floor is a comprehensive resource that will be of great value to urogynecologists, colorectal surgeons, obstetrician and gynecologists, female urologists, ultrasonographers, radiologists, physiotherapists, as well as fellows in urogynecology and colorectal surgery.
- Practical urological ultrasound 2013, SpringerFeatures original research on the basic science of ultrasound and explores all aspects of the subject, beginning with the physical science of ultrasound and continuing through clinical applications in urology.
- Practice of radiology education 2010, Springer
- Principles and practice of interventional pulmonology 2013, SpringerGeneral Topics --History of the Rigid Bronchoscope /Heinrich D. Becker --General Principles of Endoscopic Imaging /Harald W. Dremel --The Bronchoscope: What is Available, Determining Selection, and How to Properly Care for the Instrument /Robert Garland --Bronchoscopy Unit Design for Advanced Procedures /Robert Garland --Quality Control Mechanism for Endoscopic Procedures /Michael J. Simoff --Moderate and Deep Sedation Techniques /John Pawlowski --Physiology of Fixed Airway Obstruction /Ross K. Morgan --Airway Imaging /Claus P. Heussel --Airway Anatomy /Arthur Sung --Bronchoscopy Education /Henri G. Colt --Simulation for Endoscopy Training /Momen M. Wahidi --Principles of Cancer Staging /Paul Baas --Bronchoscopy, Section 1: Diagnostic Procedures --Laryngoscopy /Ulrich Goessler --Assessment of Vocal Cord Function and Voice Disorders /Phillip Song --Conventional Biopsy Techniques /Stefano Gasparini --Bronchoalveolar Lavage /Franz Stanzel --Radial Endobronchial Ultrasound /Felix J. F. Herth --Linear Endobronchial Ultrasound /Kazuhiro Yasufuku --Esophageal Ultrasound /Jouke T. Annema --EBUS Guidance for Peripheral Biopsies /Ralf Eberhardt --Autofluorescence Bronchoscopy and Narrow Band Imaging /Pyng Lee --Confocal Imaging /Devanand Anantham --Optical Coherence Tomography /Ross G. Michel --Image-Guided Bronchoscopy /Rabih Bechara --Bronchoscopy, Section 2: Therapeutic Interventions --Malignant Central Airway Obstruction /Gaëtane Michaud --Management Principles of Nonmalignant Airway Obstruction /Devanand Anantham --Rigid Bronchoscopy /Jed A. Gorden --Metallic Stenting /Mark Slade --Endobronchial Silicone Stents for Airway Management /Hervé Dutau --Y-Stenting Techniques /Daniela Gompelmann --Montgomery T-Tubes /Carla R. Lamb --Electrosurgery /Tom Gani Sutedja --Cryotherapy and Cryodebridement /Ramez Sunna --Microdement /William Lunn --Use of Medical Lasers for Airway Disease /Jeffrey B. Hoag --Brachytherapy /Maher Tabba --Photodynamic Therapy /Chakravarthy Reddy --Balloon Dilation Techniques /Kevin L. Kovitz --Radiation Therapy and Techniques for Fiducial Placement /Martin L. Mayse --Management of Subglottic Stenosis and Subglottic Stenosis in Systemic Disease /António Bugalho --Treatment of Airway-Esophageal Fistulas /Lutz Freitag --Endoscopic Management of Bronchopleural Fistulas /David M. Berkowitz --Endoscopic Lung Abscess Drainage /Felix J. F. Herth --Management of Massive Hemoptysis /Andrew R. Haas --Management of Posttransplant Disorders /Michael S. Machuzak --Foreign Body Removal /Mark E. Lund --Resection and Reconstruction of Central Airways /Hendrik C. Dienemann --Techniques for Laryngotracheal Reconstruction /Ramon Franco Jr. --Bronchoscopic Lung Volume Reduction /Armin Ernst --Surgical Lung Volume Reduction /Walter Weder --Endoscopic Asthma Treatment /Gerard P. Cox MB, BCh, FRCP(C), FRCP (I) --Image-Guided Ablation Treatment for Lung Cancer Patients /Damian E. Dupuy -- -Thoracoscopy --Pleural Anatomy and Fluid Analysis /Y. C. Gary Lee --Pleural Imaging /Fergus Gleeson --Pleural Manometry /David Feller-Kopman --Thoracentesis /Sara R. Greenhill --Chest Tube Placement /Michael Klopp --Small-Bore Drains and Indwelling Catheters /Saleh Alazemi --Medical Thoracoscopy/Pleuroscopy /Robert Loddenkemper --Pleurodesis /Julius Janssen --Advanced Medical Thoracoscopy-Pleuroscopy Procedures /Marios E. Froudarakis --VATS Surgical Techniques /Hans Hoffmann --Management Principles of Empyema /Anne V. Gonzalez --Management of Malignant Pleural Effusions /Andrew G. Villanueva --Approach to Unclear Exudates /Gaëtane Michaud --Airway Access Techniques --Percutaneous Tracheotomy /Lonny Yarmus --Cricothyroidotomy /Joshua B. Silverman --Transtracheal Oxygen Catheter Placement and Management /Kent L. Christopher --Other Endoscopic and Novel Techniques --Natural Orifice Transluminal Endoscopic Surgery (NOTES) /Felix J. F. Herth --Percutaneous Endoscopic Gastrostomy (PEG) Tube Placement /Maren Schuhmann --Whole-Lung Lavage /Chakravarthy Reddy.
- Protocols for multislice CT. 2nd ed. 2006, Springer
- Radiation dose from multidetector CT. 2nd ed. 2012, SpringerMulti-Detector Row CT-Recent Developments, Radiation Dose and Dose Reduction Technologies /Thomas Flohr --Clinical Expansion of CT and Radiation Dose /Stuart Meeson, Rajesh Patel and Stephen Golding --Risks from Ionising Radiation /Kenneth H. Chadwick and Hendrik P. Leenhouts --The Cancer Risk from Low Level Radiation /Bernard L. Cohen --Image Quality in CT: Challenges and Perspectives /Thomas L Toth --Radiation Dose Metrics and the Effect of CT Scan Protocol Parameters /Sue Edyvean, Maria Lewis and Alan Britten --Scan Parameters and CT Radiation Dose /Sarabjeet Singh and Mannudeep K. Kalra --Optimization of Tube Potential for Radiation Dose Reduction in CT /Lifeng Yu, Joel G. Fletcher and Cynthia H. McCollough --Conventional and Newer Reconstruction Techniques in CT /Homer Pien, Synho Do, Sarabjeet Singh and Mannudeep K. Kalra --Image Noise Reduction Filters /Sarabjeet Singh and Mannudeep K. Kalra --Hardware Developments for Radiation Dose Reduction /Rich Mather --Application of Shielding in CT Radiation Dose Reduction /Shima Aran, Sarabjeet Singh and Mannudeep K. Kalra --Radiation Dose: Records and Audits /Tessa S. Cook, William W. Boonn and Woojin Kim --Collective Radiation Dose from MDCT: Critical Review of Surveys Studies /Georg Stamm.ALARA Concept for MDCT Optimization: What is Reasonable, What is Achievable? /Denis Tack --Automatic Exposure Control in Multidetector-row CT /Mannudeep K. Kalra --Patient Centering in MDCT: Dose Effects /Mannudeep K. Kalra and Thomas L. Toth --Dose Optimization and Reduction in CT of the Brain and Head and Neck Region /Tom Mulkens, Rodrigo Salgado and Patrick Bellinck --Dose Reduction and Optimization in Computed Tomography of the Chest /Pierre Alain Gevenois and Denis Tack --Dose Optimization and Reduction in MDCT of the Abdomen /Caroline Keyzer and Denis Tack --Radiation Dose Optimisation of Cardiac and Vascular MDCT in Adults and Paediatric Patients /Jean François Paul, Caroline Keyzer, Michelle Williams and Denis Tack --Dose Optimization and Reduction in Musculoskeletal CT Including the Spine /A. Gervaise, P. Teixeira, N. Villani, S. Lecocq and M. Louis, et al. --Dose Reduction in CT Fluoroscopy /N. Buls, F. Vandenbroucke and J. de Mey --Dose Optimization and Reduction in CT of Children /Peter Vock, Enno Stranzinger and Rainer Wolf --CT Scanning in Pregnancy /D. E. Litmanovich and A. A. Bankier --Radiation Risk Associated with Lung Cancer Screening /Cornelia Schaefer-Prokop, Krijn van Muiswinkel and Mathias Prokop.Dose Reduction in Screening Programs: Colon Cancer Screening /Thierry N. Boellaard, Henk W. Venema and Jaap Stoker --CT Dose Perspectives and Initiatives of the IAEA /Madan M. Rehani and Olivera Ciraj-Bjelac --The Image Gently Campaign: Championing Radiation Protection for Children Through Awareness, Educational Resources and Advocacy /Marilyn J. Goske, Michael J. Callahan, Donald P. Frush, Sue C. Kaste and Gregory Morrison, et al. --CT Radiation Dose and Safety: Perspectives at the U.S. Food and Drug Administration /Stanley H. Stern, Sean Boyd, Kish Chakrabarti, Iacovos S. Kyprianou and Thalia T. Mills, et al. --ICRP's Role in Patient Dose Management in CT /Madan M. Rehani --Software for Calculating Dose and Risk /Georg Stamm --Image Wisely /James A. Brink and E. Stephen Amis --Guidelines for Appropriate CT Imaging /Kristie M. Guite, J. Louis Hinshaw, Frank N. Ranallo and Fred T. Lee --Practical Approaches to Dose Reduction: GE Perspective /Roy A. Nilsen --Dose Reduction in Computed Tomography Siemens Perspective /Christianne Leidecker and Bernhard Schmidt --CT Radiation Dose: Philips Perspective /Alain Vlassenbroek, Dhruv Mehta and Jeffrey Yanof --Practical Approaches to Dose Reduction: Toshiba Perspective /Jacob Geleijns and R Irwan.
- Radiation health risk sciences 2009, Springer
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- AAP Red Book Online
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Sabiston Textbook of Surgery
- Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics
- Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics
- Mandell, Douglas, & Bennett's Principles & Practice of Infectious Diseases
- Red Book Online
- ICU Book
- Primary Care Medicine
- Campbell-Walsh Urology
Shortcut to Licensed Content
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Links” (IE7) or “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
What is it?
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) gives you access to resources licensed by the library even when you're not coming from a Lane or a Stanford IP address.
While we'd like Lane to be your gateway to our licensed content, we recognize that links to books, articles and journals come from a variety of different sources (Google, your email, RSS reader, etc.).
When installed, it will look your browser bookmark.
At the page you would like to proxy, click the "Lane Gateway to Licensed Content" to invoke it.
If Lane licenses that content, you'll get access as if you were on campus.
How does it work?
This allows you to view the URL as though you were on campus, giving you access to materials licensed for use by the Stanford academic community.
If you're not authenticated, you'll be prompted for your SUNetID and password.
Don't see the Toolbar, Bookmarks, or Links or Favorites bar?
From the "View" menu, select "Toolbars" & choose "Bookmarks Toolbar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Show Bookmarks Bar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Always Show Bookmarks Bar"
- Right-click in a clear area near the browser address bar
- In the menu, check a box next "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites" (IE8, IE9)
- Managing IE Favorites
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) only works with resources Lane has licensed and configured to work with our proxy server.
If invoked on a resource we do not license and/or have not yet configured, you will see an error message:
The Lane proxy server cannot complete your request because this host has not been configured properly.
We make no attempt to configure our proxy server for every resource, only those we license and for which a Stanford IP address grants access.
Drag this button onto your browser toolbar to install.
- Right click this button
- Select "Add to Favorites", click "Continue" if you see a security alert
- In "Create in" menu, select "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites Bar" (IE8, IE9) to install
Drag this button onto Safari Bookmarks bar to install.
- Springer Protocols
- MD Consult
- Lange Series
- National Academy Press
- NCBI Bookshelf
- Thieme Atlases