Books by Subject
- Abdominal imaging — Differential diagnosis in pediatric imaging (116)
- Diffusion tensor imaging : a practical handbook — Interventional urology (116)
- Intraoperative ultrasound (IOUS) in neurosurgery : from standard B-mode to elastosonography — Practical body MRI : protocols, applications, and image interpretation (116)
- Practical differential diagnosis for CT and MRI — Women's health in interventional radiology (116)
- 2016 SpringerWim Van Hecke, Louise Emsell, Stefan Sunaert, editors.Part I: Introduction -- How to Use This Book -- Introduction to Diffusion Tensor Imaging -- Part II: Diffusion Tensor Imaging: From Theory to Practice -- Concepts of Diffusion in MRI -- From Diffusion to the Diffusion Tensor -- Quantitative DTI Measures -- Survivor's Guide to DTI Acquisition -- Checking and Correcting DTI Data -- Part III: Diffusion Tensor Imaging Analysis -- Strategies and Challenges in DTI Analysis -- DTI Analysis Methods: Region of Interest Analysis -- DTI Analysis Methods: Voxel-based Analysis -- DTI Analysis Methods: Fibre Tracking and Connectivity -- Part IV: Normal Diffusion Tensor Imaging Anatomy -- Normal Diffusion Tensor Imaging-based White Matter Anatomy -- Part V: Clinical Applications of Diffusion Tensor Imaging -- DTI in Clinical Practice: Opportunities and Considerations -- DTI in Neurosurgical Planning -- DTI in Diagnosis and Follow-up of Brain Tumors -- The Role of DTI in Multiple Sclerosis and Other Demyelinating Conditions -- DTI in Dementing Conditions -- DTI in Psychiatry -- Diffusion Tensor Imaging in Traumatic Brain Injury -- Part VI: Beyond Diffusion Tensor Imaging -- High Angular Resolution Diffusion Imaging -- Diffusion Kurtosis Imaging -- Glossary. .
- 2016 Thieme-Connect[edited by] Claudia da Costa Leite, Mauricio Castillo.Physics of DTI and DWI / Maria Concepción Garcia Otaduy -- Brain edema : phatophysiology / Falgun H. Chokshi and Amit M. Saindane -- Supratentorial white matter tracts and their organization / -- Christopher P. Hess and Jason M. Johnson -- DWI and DTI of the brain during early brain development : the first two years of life / Wei Gao, John H Gilmore, and Weili Lin -- DWI and DTI in aging / Andrew Joseph Degnan and Lucien M. Levy -- DWI in vascular pathology / Sangam Kanekar and Chandan Misra -- Diffusion weighted-imaging in the evaluation of brain tumors / Fernanda C. Rueda-Lopes, Celso Hygino da Cruz Jr, and Emerson L. Gasparetto -- DWI and DTI in infectious diseases / Claudia da Costa Leite, Maria da Graça Morais Martin, and Mauricio Castillo -- DWI and DTI in demyelination and toxic diseases / Celi dos Santos Andrade, Carolina de Medeiros Rimkus, Claudia da Costa Leite, Alexander M.McKinney, Leandro Tavares Lucato -- DWI and DTI of white matter diseases in children / Julie H. Harreld and Zoltan Patay -- Diffusion imaging for the assessment of traumatic brain injury (TBI) / Michael L. Lipton -- DWI in hemmorrhage / Joana Ramalho and Mauricio Castillo -- DWI and DTI in spine and spinal cord diseases / Majda Thurnher -- DWI and DTI in head and neck diseases / Eloisa M Santiago Gebrim, Regina Lucia Elia Gomes, Flavia K Issa Cevasco, Marcio Ricardo Taveira Garcia -- Future applications of DWI-diffusional kurtosis and other non-Gaussian diffusion techniques / Maria Gisele Matheus.
- 2016 SpringerAlberto Tagliafico, Nehmat Houssami, Massimo Calabrese, editors.
- 2016 Thieme-ConnectJörg Barkhausen, Achim Rody, Fritz K.W. Schäfer ; translator, Terry C. Telger ; illustrator, Karin Baum.Technique of tomosynthesis / Thomas Mertelmeier -- Clinical evaluation of digital breast tomosynthesis / Berndt Michael Order, Christoph Mundhenke, Florian Vogt, Fritz. K.W. Schaefer -- Innovations and future developments / Fritz. K.W. Schaefer, Joerg Barkhausen -- Illustrative case reports / Kristin Baumann, Dorothea Fischer, Isabell Grande-Nagel, Smaragda Kapsimalakou, Berndt M. Order, Fritz. K.W. Schaefer.
- 2011 AtyponXiaolu Zhu, Rangaraj M. Rangayyan, Anna L. Ells.Fundus images of the retina are color images of the eye taken by specially designed digital cameras. Ophthalmologists rely on fundus images to diagnose various diseases that affect the eye, such as diabetic retinopathy and retinopathy of prematurity. A crucial preliminary step in the analysis of retinal images is the identification and localization of important anatomical structures, such as the optic nerve head (ONH), the macula, and the major vascular arcades. Identification of the ONH is an important initial step in the detection and analysis of the anatomical structures and pathological features in the retina. Different types of retinal pathology may be detected and analyzed via the application of appropriately designed techniques of digital image processing and pattern recognition. Computer-aided analysis of retinal images has the potential to facilitate quantitative and objective analysis of retinal lesions and abnormalities. Accurate identification and localization of retinal features and lesions could contribute to improved diagnosis, treatment, and management of retinopathy.
- Digital imaging and communications in medicine (DICOM) : a practical introduction and survival guide. [1st ed.]2008 SpringerOleg S. Pianykh.
- 2013 SpringerLuís Lanca, Augusto Silva.
- 2010 SpringerU. Bick, F. Diekmann (eds.) ; with contributions by C. Balleyguier ... [et al.] ; foreword by A.L. Baert.
- 2015 SpringerPeter Hogg, Judith Kelly, Claire Mercer, editors.This up-to-date, evidence-based book covers the whole range of mammography and mammography-related techniques used in practice, and also the rapid and increasingly sophisticated evolution of mammographic clinical practice and technology.A wide range of topics, from the psychological and emotional support required from the practitioner to all aspects of screening and symptomatic mammographic imaging, are discussed. Digital Mammography: A Holistic Approach is aimed at radiographers, technicians, technologists, physicists, nurses and medical practitioners worldwide, and enables the reader to gain a better understanding of techniques, equipment and anatomy.
- 2013 Cambridgeedited by Gary J. Whitman, Tamara Miner Haygood.Detectors for digital mammography -- Image acquisition -- Preparing digital mammography images for interpretation -- Image display and visualization in digital mammography -- PACS, storage, and archiving -- Interpretation of digital screening mammography -- Efficacy of digital screening mammography -- Artifacts in digital mammography -- Mobile digital mammography -- Procedures with digital mammography -- Digital breast tomosynthesis -- Breast computed tomography -- Cases -- Comparison of commercially available systems.
- 2011 Springer42nd International Diagnostic Course in Davos (IDKD), Davos, March 21-26, 2010 ; including the Nuclear Medicine Statellite Course '"Diamond", Davos, March 20-21, 2010, Pediatric Satellite Course "Kangaroo", Davos, March 20-21, 2010, IDKD in Greece ; presented by the Foundation for the Advancement of Education in Medical Radiology, Zurich ; J. Hodler, G.K. von Schulthess, C.L. Zollikofer (eds.).Emergency radiology of the abdomen: the acute abdomen -- Trauma of the abdomen and pelvis -- Diseases of the esophagus and stomach -- Small-bowel imaging: pitfalls in computed tomography enterography/enteroclysis -- Diseases of the small bowel, including the duodenum-MRI --Imaging of the colon and rectum: inflammatory and infectious diseases -- CT colonography: updated -- Imaging of diffuse and inflammatory liver diseases -- Focal liver lesions -- Imaging diseases of the gallbladder and bile ducts -- Diseases of the pancreas, I: pancreatitis -- Diseases of the pancreas, II: tumors -- Adrenal imaging and infection -- Renal tumors -- Urinary tract obstruction and infection -- Benign diseases of the female genital tract -- Malignant diseases of the female genital tract -- Magnetic resonance imaging of prostate cancer -- Imaging of the male pelvis: the scrotum -- Spread of metastatic disease in the abdomen and pelvis -- Abdominal vascular disease: diagnosis and therapy -- Non-vascular abdominal disease: diagnosis and therapy -- An approach to imaging the acute abdomen in the pediatric population -- Imaging uronephropathies in children -- Integrated imaging in genitourinary oncology: PET/CT imaging -- Integrated imaging in gastrointestinal oncology: PET/CT imaging -- Lymphoma: diagnostic and therapeutic applications of radiopharmaceuticals -- Conventional nuclear medicine in the evaluation of gastrointestinal and genitourinary tract disorders -- PET in hepatobiliary-pancreatic tumors -- PET in tumors of the digestive tract -- Tumors of the adrenergic system: imaging and therapy -- Neuroendocrine tumors of the abdomen: imaging and therapy -- Imaging cystic kidneys in children -- Understanding duplication anomalies of the kidney -- Malrotation: techniques, spectrum of appearances, pitfalls, and management -- Pediatric intestinal ultrasonography.
- Diseases of the abdomen and pelvis 2014-2017 : diagnostic imaging and interventional techniques : 46th International Diagnostic Course in Davos (IDKD), Davos, March 30-April 4, 20142014 Springerpresented by the Foundation for the Advancement of Education in Medical Radiology, Zurich ; J. Hodler, R.A. Kubik-Huch, G.K. von Schulthess, Ch.L. Zollikofer (eds.).
- Diseases of the brain, head & neck, spine 2012-2015 : diagnostic imaging and interventional techniques, 44th International Diagnostic Course in Davos (IDKID), Davos, March 25-30, 2012, including the Nuclear Medicine Satellite Course "Diamond", Davos, March 24-25, 2012, Pediatric Radiology Satellite Course "Kangaroo", Davos, March 24-25, 2012, Breast Imaging Satellite Course, Davos, March 24-25, 2012 and additional IDKD Courses 2012-20152012 SpringerJ. Hodler, G. K. von Schulthess, Ch. L. Zollikofer (eds.).pt. 1. Workshops -- Brain Tumors / Edmond A. Knopp and Walter Montanera -- Mass Lesions of the Brain: A Differential Diagnostic Approach / Michael Brant-Zawadzki -- Differential Diagnosis of Brain Masses / James G. Smirniotopoulos and Steven J. Goldstein -- Evaluation of Cerebral Vessels / Robert A. Willinsky -- Evaluation of the Cerebral Vessels: Endovascular Therapy / Mary E. Jensen -- Brain Ischemia: CT and MRI Techniques in Acute Stroke / Jens Fiehler and Howard A. Rowley -- Hemorrhagic Vascular Pathologies, I / James Byrne -- Hemorrhagic Vascular Pathologies, II / Martin Wiesmann -- Demyelinating Diseases / Kelly K. Koeller and Frederik Barkhof -- Degenerative Brain Disease and Aging / Marco Essig and Mark A. van Buchem -- Neuroradiological Diagnosis of Craniocerebral Trauma: Current Concepts / Paul M. Parizel and C. Douglas Phillips -- Nontraumatic Neuroemergencies, I / Patrick A. Brouwer -- Nontraumatic Neuroemergencies, II / John R. Hesselink -- Epilepsy and Neuroimaging / Linda J. Bagley and Timo Krings -- Infectious Diseases of the Central Nervous System / Vincent Dousset and Alain Bonafé -- Cerebral Infections / David J. Mikulis -- Diseases of the Sella and Parasellar Region / Walter Kucharczyk and Charles L. Truwit -- Temporal Bone and Auditory Pathways / Jan W. Casselman and Francis Veillon -- Imaging Diseases of the Pharynx and Oral Cavity / Wendy R. K. Smoker and Bernhard Schuknecht -- Diseases of the Larynx / Martin G. Mack and Hugh D. Curtin -- Extramucosal Spaces of the Suprahyoid Neck / Laurie A. Loevner -- Sinonasal Imaging / David M. Yousem -- Degenerative Disc Disease of the Spine: Anatomic and Imaging Considerations / Michael T. Modic and Christian W. A. Pfirrmann -- Acute Spinal Trauma / Pia C. Sundgren and Adam E. Flanders -- Spinal Cord Inflammatory and Demyelinating Diseases / Majda M. Thurnher -- Spinal Inflammatory and Infectious Diseases / Jeffrey S. Ross -- Congenital and Acquired Abnormalities of the Pediatric Brain / William S. Ball and Thierry A. G. M. Huisman -- Imaging of Pediatric Brain and Spinal Cord Tumors / Tina Young Poussaint and Andrea Rossi -- pt. 2. Nuclear Medicine Satellite Course Diamond -- Imaging Alzheimer in 2011 / Marieke Hazewinkel and Frederik Barkhof -- Quantification of NeuroPET: When to Use It / Alfred Buck -- Radioiodine Therapy: Current Imaging Concepts Introduction / Luca Giovanella -- Nuclear Medicine Imaging of Brain Tumors / Ian Law -- Nuclear Imaging of Neurovascular Disease / Ian Law -- Integrated PET-CT and PET-MR: Pitfalls and Applications in Head and Neck Squamous Cell Carcinoma / Laurie A. Loevner -- PET Imaging of Dementia / Osama Sabri, Solveig Tiepolt, Swen Hesse and Henryk Barthel -- Clinical SPECT and PET for Management of Patients with Refractory Epilepsy / Koen Van Laere, Karolien Goffin and Wim Van Paesschen -- pt. 3. Pediatric Satellite Course Kangaroo -- Hemorrhage, Stroke, and Ischemia of the Neonatal Brain / Maria I. Argyropoulou -- Accidental and Nonaccidental Injury of the Pediatric Brain and Spine / Thierry A. G. M. Huisman -- Acquired Infectious and Autoimmune Diseases of the Pediatric Central Nervous System / Andrea Rossi -- Imaging of the Phakomatoses in Children / Tina Young Poussaint -- pt. 4. Breast Imaging Satellite Course -- MRI of the Breast: Technique, Indications, and BI-RADS Classification / Karen Kinkel -- Microcalcifications of the Breast: An Approach to Radiologic Classification / Markus Müller-Schimpfle -- Ultrasound of the Breast, Including Interventions: An Update / Alexander Mundinger -- Mammography: Diagnosis of Asymmetries, Masses and Architectural Distortion / Christian Weismann.
- Diseases of the heart, chest, including breast 2011-2014 : diagnostic imaging and interventional techniques : 43rd International Diagnostic Course in Davos (IDKD), Davos, April 3-8, 2011 : including the Nuclear Medicine Satellite Course "Diamond", Davos, April 2-3, 2011, Pediatric Radiology Satellite Coures "Kangaroo", Davos, April 2-3, 2011, Breast Imaging Satellite Course, Davos, April 2-3, 2011, and additional IDKD courses 2011-20142011 Springerpresented by the Foundation of [i.e. for] the Advancement of Education in Medical Radiology, Zurich ; J. Hodler, G.K. von Schulthess, Ch. L. Zollikofer, (eds.).
- 2008 HighWireInternational Commission on Radiation Units and Measurements.
- 2015 SpringerPatricia M. Carrascosa, Ricardo C. Cury, Mario J. García, Jonathon A. Leipsic, editors.This book focuses on the rapidly developing and promising novel applications of Dual Energy CT (DECT) in cardiovascular medicine. Although developed many years ago, DECT represents the newest significant advancement in the field of computed tomography, the clinical utility of which has recently expanded as many new applications have been developed. In the field of cardiovascular medicine, DECT has been applied for purposes such as the evaluation of myocardial ischemia, myocardial viability and atherosclerotic plaque characterization. As the first book of its kind, Dual-Energy CT in Cardiovascular Imaging contains practical and clinically relevant information on the protocols used that provide precise quantification of coronary artery stenosis using either different monochromatic levels or material decomposition, reduction of beam hardening artifacts in perfusion studies and optimizing endovenous contrast, among others. It is therefore a valuable read for residents, fellows and practicing clinicians in cardiac imaging and cardiology.
- 2015 SpringerCarlo N. De Cecco, Andrea Laghi, U. Joseph Schoepf, Felix G. Meinel, editors.The aim of this book is fourfold: to describe the basic principles of Dual Energy CT (DECT) imaging, to explain how post-processing is utilized, to critically appraise the strengths and weaknesses of the technique in oncologic imaging, and above all, to demonstrate the contribution of DECT in the management of oncologic patients. Information is provided on the practice and interpretation of DECT and its impact on clinical decision making in a variety of oncological settings, including tumors of the head and neck, lung, liver, pancreas, gastrointestinal system, kidney, and musculoskeletal system. DECT is an innovative imaging technique in which the application of two distinct energy settings provides a transition from density-based image to spectral imaging. As detailed in this book, DECT acquisition allows the simultaneous generation of multiple datasets which enable the radiologist to address varied diagnostic problems in oncologic imaging using a multiparametric approach, having clear advantages in tumor detection, lesion characterization and evaluation of treatment response.
- 2010 SpringerGoetz Benndorf ; foreword by K. Sartor.Introduction -- Historical considerations -- Anatomy of the cavernous sinus and related structures -- Classification of cavernous sinus fistulas (CSFs) and dural arteriovenous fistulas (DAVFs) -- Etiology, prevalence and natural history of dural cavernous sinus fistulas (DCSFs) -- Neuro-ophthalmology in dural cavernous sinus fistulas (DCSFs) -- Radiological diagnosis of DCSFs -- Endovascular treatment -- Alternative treatment options -- Hemodynamic aspects of DCSFs -- Summary.
- 2013Scott Hsieh.The utilization of x-ray computed tomography (CT) has increased dramatically in recent decades. While extremely useful, a major drawback of CT scans is their use of ionizing radiation. Today, one quarter of the radiation dose received by the U.S. population can be attributed to CT scans. We present the use of a dynamic attenuator which is capable of personalizing the radiation usage in the scan. This attenuator is inspired by a stationary-source, inverse geometry CT scanner, which is an architecture with several advantages but which is also very complex. The dynamic attenuator consists of a series of movable wedges which together produce a time-varying, piecewise-linear thickness profile. In simulations, this attenuator reduces dose by 30% in nontargeted scans and 50% in targeted scans without increasing peak noise. On many datasets, this attenuator can also achieve order-of-magnitude dynamic range reductions, which may aid in the adoption of photon-counting detectors, a separate technology which may provide additional dose reductions. We show that most of these dose reduction benefits can be achieved using a real-time control algorithm to position the wedges dynamically during the scan. Additionally, we have developed a framework for optimizing the control of a broad range of dynamic attenuators. A prototype system suggests that the level of artifacts produced by the wedge transitions is within the range of tens of Hounsfield units, although further refinements are expected to reduce artifacts. Based on these positive results, we believe that this dynamic, piecewise-linear attenuator is a practical and effective option for CT.
- 2015 SpringerHakimeh Sadeghian, Zahra Savand-Roomi.This atlas of echocardiography presents more than 100 cases of adult congenital heart disease, from diagnosis to treatment follow-up. The coverage is broad, encompassing atrial and ventricular septal defects, patent ductus arteriosus, cyanotic adult congenital heart disease, and numerous other anomalies, as well as findings on fetal echocardiography. For each disease, all echocardiographic images and views which proved of diagnostic value are arranged sequentially, with inclusion of transesophageal echocardiographic images whenever appropriate. Additional pertinent information is provided relating to diagnosis and treatment, and key teaching points are highlighted. The superb quality of the illustrations and the range of cases considered (including many rare ones) ensure that this atlas will be of great value for cardiology residents and fellows and highly relevant to day-to-day practice.
- 2015 SpringerOttavio Alfieri, Michele De Bonis, Giovanni La Canna, editors.
- 2012 SpringerPascal Chabrot, Louis Boyer.
- 2014 Springeredited by Pascal Chabrot, Louis Boyer.Innovations in catheterization techniques and embolization agents have considerably contributed to the development of endovascular occlusion techniques in arterial and venous trunks as much as distal parenchymal capillar beds. Mini invasive therapies, endovascular embolization and chemo-embolization now constitute valuable therapeutic alternatives in various fields: on a purely palliative or on a curative basis in oncology, but also in traumatology, functional diseases, and for the treatment of benign tumors, or when dealing with post-operative complications. As in-depth and detailed descriptions of these techniques are all ready available in specialized books, our ambition is to provide a basic handbook for the young vascular radiologists in training and a checklist for the more experienced interventional radiologists, by providing for each of the constantly increasing indications a synthetic approach of the technique and its expected results. The first part of this book relates to the tool box (the materials) and the procedure techniques as well as the physiopathological requirements for carrying out embolization; the second part is an analytical description of the main situations and anatomo-clinical strategies. This handy book should to be a valuable memory aid for clinicians and interventional radiologists, readily available in the multidisciplinary staff rooms and in angiography suites.
- 2012 CambridgeDaniel Y. F. Chung, Dipanjali Mondal, Erskine J. Holmes, Rakesh Misra.Practical, highly illustrated, rapid reference presenting salient imaging findings for a wide range of emergency conditions.
- 2006 SpringerT. Scarabino, U. Salvolini, J.R. Jinkins, editors.
- 2015 CambridgeYang Tang, MD, PhD, Sugoto Mukherjee, MD, Max Wintermark, MD, MAS, MBA.1. Cerebrovascular diseases -- 2. Head trauma -- 3. Cerebral demyelinating and inflammatory diseases -- 4. Intracranial infections -- 5. Brain tumors and tumor-like conditions -- 6. Miscellaneous cerebral emergencies -- 7. Facial trauma -- 8. Head and neck infections -- 9. Orbits -- 10. Paranasal sinuses -- 11. Temporal bone -- 12. Head and neck tumors -- 13. Pediatric head and neck conditions -- 14. Spinal vascular diseases -- 15. Spinal trauma -- 16. Spinal infectious and inflammatory diseases -- 17. Spinal tumors -- 18. Miscellaneous spine emergencies -- Index.
- 2015 AccessEmergency MedicineDavid T. Schwartz.Text is specifically designed to help fine-tune emergency radiographic interpretation and problem-solving abilities. Illustrated with hundreds of high-resolution images, this reference covers the full range of clinical problems in which radiographic studies play a key role. Tha author takes you step-by-step through the radiographic analysis of medical, surgical, and traumatic disorders, giving you an unparalleled review of the use and interpretation of radiographic studies in emergency diagnosis.
- 2017 ClinicalKey[edited by] Jorge A. Soto, Brian C. Lucey.Traumatic and nontraumatic emergencies of the brain, head, and neck / Glenn Barest, Asim Z. Mian, Rohini N. Nadgir and Osamu Sakai -- Chest trauma / Ryan T. Whitesell and Laura Avery -- Abdomen trauma / Joshua W. Stuhlfaut, Christina A. LeBedis, and Jorge A. Soto -- Extremity trauma / Rathachai Kaewlai and Ajay Singh -- Extremities : nontrauma / Luis E. Diaz -- Imaging evaluation of common pediatric emergencies / Jennifer C. Talmadge, Sarah Sarvis Milla, and Sarah Dantzler Bixby -- Traumatic and nontraumatic spine emergencies / Glenn D. Barest and Margaret N. Chapman -- Nontraumatic emergency radiology of the thorax / Alejandra Duran-Mendicuti, Scott White, Salvatore Viscomi, Michael Stella, and Aaron Sodickson -- Nontrauma abdomen / Stephan W. Anderson, Brian C. Lucey, and Jorge A. Soto -- Pelvic emergencies / Brian C. Lucey -- Vascular emergencies / Russ Kuker, Carlos A. Anaya, Ana Maria Gomez, and Felipe Muner -- Emergency nuclear radiology / Anna K. Chacko and Rashmikant B. Shah.
- 2007 SpringerBorut Marincek, Robert F. Dondelinger (eds.).
- 2013 Springeredited by Ajay Singh.Imaging of Acute Aortic Conditions -- Emergencies of the Biliary Tract -- Acute Appendicitis -- Imaging of Small Bowel -- Imaging of Bowel Obstruction -- Imaging of Acute Colonic Disorders -- Imaging of Genitourinary Emergencies -- Imaging of Acute Conditions of Male Reproductive Organs -- Imaging of Blunt and Penetrating Abdominal Trauma -- Acute Nontraumatic Imaging in the Liver and Spleen -- Imaging of Acute Pancreas -- Imaging of Acute Obstetric Disorders -- Imaging of Acute Gynecologic Disorders -- Emergency Radionuclide Imaging of the Thorax and Abdomen -- Imaging of Neck Emergencies -- Imaging of Acute Head Emergencies -- Imaging of Facial Fractures -- Stroke and Its Imaging Evaluation -- Imaging of Acute Orbital Pathologies -- Imaging of Upper Extremity -- Lower Extremity Trauma -- Imaging of Spinal Trauma -- Imaging of Nontraumatic Mediastinal and Pulmonary Processes -- Imaging of Acute Thoracic Trauma -- Imaging of Lines and Tubes -- Imaging of Pediatric Emergencies.
- Emergency radiology of the abdomen : imaging features and differential diagnosis for a timely management approach2012 SpringerMariano Scaglione, Ulrich Linsenmaier, Gerd Schueller, editors.The term "acute abdomen" refers to a serious, often progressive clinical situation that calls for immediate diagnostic and therapeutic action. Today, diagnosis via imaging has basically replaced the physical examination in the emergency room and the Radiologist has become of primary importance in this setting. However, close co-operation among the various specialists involved is essential for successful patient management, and thus the Radiologist needs to have a full understanding of the imaging modalities and technical skills required, as well as appropriate clinical knowledge of t
- Endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography (ERCP) for diagnosis and therapy : January 1990 through September 2001, plus selected earlier citations : 1714 citations2001 NLMprepared by Karen Patrias, Peggie S. Tillman, Frank A. Hamilton.
- 2016 SpringerLivio Presutti, Francesco Mattioli, editors.This manual covers all aspects of endoscopic surgery of the lacrimal drainage system. Step-by-step descriptions are provided of endoscopic dacrocystorhinostomy (DCR) and its use in revision surgery, accompanied by numerous helpful photographs and anatomical drawings. In addition, clear flow charts are included to aid in diagnostic and surgical decision making and identify surgical indications. Essential information is provided on anatomy, physiology, and pathology, and an individual chapter is devoted to imaging of the lacrimal drainage system. Further topics include lacrimal probes and stents, potential complications of surgery, and endoscopic DCR in the pediatric age group. This book will assist the practitioner in negotiating the steep learning curve involved in gaining the skills needed to perform endoscopic surgery of the lacrimal drainage system, which offers significant advantages in terms of avoidance of external incisions and maintenance of the lacrimal pump.
- 2014 SpringerRobert S. Dieter, Raymond A. Dieter, Jr., Raymond A. Dieter, III, editors.Part I: Basic MRI Principles.- A Brief History of Magnetic Resonance Imaging -- Fundamentals of Magnetic Resonance Imaging -- The Relaxation Concept in MRI -- MRI Pulse Sequences -- MR Imaging Parameters and Options -- Part II: MR Safety, Patient Positioning, Protocol Design, Graphical Prescription and MR Applications for Anatomical Regions.- Introduction to Safe Clinical Scanning -- Central Nervous System: MRI Protocols, Imaging Parameters and Graphical Prescriptions -- Musculoskeletal Imaging: MRI Protocols, Imaging Parameters and Graphical Prescriptions -- Body Imaging: MRI Protocols, Imaging Parameters and Graphical Prescriptions -- Cardiovascular Imaging: MRI Protocols, Imaging Parameters and Graphical Prescriptions -- Breast Imaging: MRI Protocols, Imaging Parameters and Graphical Prescriptions.
- 2014 Thieme BookRichard B. Gunderman.Introduction to radiology -- The circulatory system: the heart and great vessels -- The respiratory system -- The digestive system -- The urinary tract -- The acute abdomen -- The reproductive system -- The musculoskeletal system -- Neuroimaging -- Pediatric radiology.
- 2010 SpringerPhilip Robinson, editor.Knee injuries / Melanie A. Hopper and Andrew J. Grainger -- Hip, pelvis, and groin injuries / Philip Robinson -- Ankle and foot injuries / Ne Siang Chew ... [et al.] -- Osseous stress injury in athletes / Melanie A. Hopper and Philip Robinson -- Shoulder injuries / Andrew J. Grainger and Philip F.J. Tirman -- Elbow injuries / Kenneth S. Lee, Michael J. Tuite, and Humberto G. Rosas -- Hand and wrist injuries / Philip J. O'Connor -- Postoperative imaging in sports medicine / Ali Naraghi and Lawrence M. White -- Muscle injury and complications / Abhijit Datir and David A. Connell -- Sports-related disorders of the spine and sacrum / Rob Campbell and Andrew Dunn -- Ultrasound-guided sports intervention / Philip J. O'Connor.
- 2011 ThiemeVal M. Runge, John N. Morelli."The objective of this book is to serve as a practical educational resource for clinical magnetic resonance imaging. The bulk of the text is organized along anatomic lines and discusses disease entities commonly encountered in clinical practice. The focus is illustrating and describing the MR appearances of the most commonly imaged disease entities, covering briefly in each area important points relative to imaging techniques then discussing in depth, the clinical MR interpretation. The breadth of clinical MRI is explored. For each subtopic within an anatomic region, clinical cases serve as the backbone for discussion, the most common pathologies affecting each anatomic region being illustrated. The final chapters discuss specifically contrast media and contrast enhanced MRA, two topics worthy of further description due to their present clinical importance. When relevant to diagnosis or essential for understanding, MR physics is discussed, however the reader is referred separately to Runge et al, The Physics of Clinical MR Taught Through Images 2nd Edition (New York: Thieme; 2009) for further elaboration. It is the goal that upon completing this text, the reader will have an appreciation for the complexity, utility, and versatility of MR in clinical imaging and will possess the knowledge essential for interpretation of basic clinical MR examinations"--Provided by publisher.
- 2013 WileyRachel A. Powsner, Matthew R. Palmer, Edward R. Powsner.Basic nuclear medicine physics -- Interaction of radiation with matter -- Formation of radionuclides -- Nonscintillation detectors -- Scintillation detectors -- Imaging instrumentation -- single-photon emission computed tomography -- Positron emission tomography -- X-ray computed tomography -- Hybrid imaging systems: PET-CT and SPECT-CT -- Image reconstruction, processing, and display -- Information technology -- Quality control -- Radiation biology -- Radiation dosimetry -- Radiation safety -- Management of nuclear event casualties -- Appendix A: Common nuclides -- Appendix B: Major dosimetry for common radiopharmaceuticals -- Appendix C: Sample calculations of the S value -- Appendix D: Guide to nuclear regulatory commission publications -- Appendix E: Recommended reading by topic -- Index.
- 2014 ClinicalKeyFred A. Mettler, Jr., MD, MPH."Radiology receives little attention in most medical school curricula except perhaps as an elective. The classic gross anatomy laboratory is dead, and most health care providers encounter human internal anatomy and function through radiology. This text is not meant to make you into a radiologist or to be just a text for a radiology medical student elective. It is intended to be a text that will provide a basis for radiologic anatomy, imaging fundamentals, and common clinical problems and to be a book that you will keep and use in your future practice. Since the first edition, this text has been widely used by medical students, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, primary care physicians, and first-year radiology residents"--Preface.
- 2011 SpringerL. Santiago Medina, C. Craig Blackmore, Kimberly E. Applegate, editors ; foreward by Bruce J. Hillman.
- 2005 OvidHarvey Feigenbaum, William F. Armstrong, Thomas Ryan.Also available: Print – 2005
- 2014 ClinicalKeyLawrence R. Goodman.The radiographic examination : the basics -- Cross-sectional imaging techniques -- The normal chest x-ray : reading like the pros -- Chest CT : putting it all together -- Lobar anatomy -- The silhouette sign -- The air bronchogram sign -- Signs of lung and lobar collapse -- Patterns of lung disease -- Understanding the mediastinum -- The pleural and extrapleural spaces -- Cardiovascular disease.
- 2010 SpringerReinhard Schumacher, Laurie H. Seaver, Jürgen Spranger.Intrinsic errors of skeletal development are individually rare but of clinical importance because of their overall frequency and their impact on a patient's life. Sonography has become a routine component of prenatal care, and many of these disorders are diagnosed prenatally. Postnatally, the prenatal diagnosis has to be verified. To this end, fetal radiography is an effective, simple and economic way to establish a diagnosis or to narrow the number of diagnostic possibilities sufficiently to enable pathological, biochemical or molecular studies to be used in the quest for a specific diagnosis. Equally important, a correct diagnosis is required for correct prognostication and parental counseling. This book has been written to assist in the postnatal diagnosis of fetal errors of skeletal development.
- 2012 CambridgeUsman Shaikh, John Curtis, Rebecca Hanlon, David White, Andrew Dunn, Andrew Healey, Jane Belfield, Elizabeth Kneale, Peter Dangerfield, and Hilary Fewins.
- 2015 OvidRobert A. Christman.
- 2012 AtyponThanh M. Cabral and Rangaraj M. Rangayyan.Fractal analysis is useful in digital image processing for the characterization of shape roughness and gray-scale texture or complexity. Breast masses present shape and gray-scale characteristics in mammograms that vary between benign masses and malignant tumors. This book demonstrates the use of fractal analysis to classify breast masses as benign masses or malignant tumors based on the irregularity exhibited in their contours and the gray-scale variability exhibited in their mammographic images. A few different approaches are described to estimate the fractal dimension (FD) of the contour of a mass, including the ruler method, box-counting method, and the power spectral analysis (PSA) method. Procedures are also described for the estimation of the FD of the gray-scale image of a mass using the blanket method and the PSA method.
- 2011 CambridgeAidan Shaw, Benjamin Smith, David C. Howlett.An essential revision tool for the FRCR anatomy examination, including 10 mock examinations and 200 images, comprehensively covering the curriculum.
- 2014 SpringerJay J. Pillai, editor.This book presents a comprehensive overview of current state-of-the-art clinical physiological imaging of brain tumors.? It focuses on the clinical applications of various modalities as they relate to brain tumor imaging, including techniques such as blood oxygen level dependent functional magnetic resonance imaging, diffusion tensor imaging, magnetic source imaging/magnetoencephalography, magnetic resonance perfusion imaging, magnetic resonance spectroscopic imaging, amide proton transfer imaging, high angular resolution diffusion imaging, sodium imaging, and molecular imaging. Featuring contributions from renowned experts in functional imaging, this book examines the diagnosis and characterization of brain tumors, details the application of functional imaging to treatment planning and monitoring of therapeutic intervention, and explores future directions in physiologic brain tumor imaging. Intended for neuro-oncologists, neurosurgeons, neuroradiologists, residents, and medical students, Functional Brain Tumor Imaging is a unique resource that serves to advance patient care and research in this rapidly developing field.
- 2014 SpringerXingfeng Li.With strong numerical and computational focus, this book serves as an essential resource on the methods for functional neuroimaging analysis, diffusion weighted image analysis, and longitudinal VBM analysis. It includes four MRI image modalities analysis methods. The first covers the PWI methods, which is the basis for understanding cerebral flow in human brain. The second part, the book s core, covers MRI methods in three specific domains: first level analysis, second level analysis, and effective connectivity study. The third part covers the analysis of Diffusion weighted image, i.e. DTI, QBI and DSI image analysis. Finally, the book covers (longitudinal) VBM methods and its application to Alzheimer s disease study.
- 2006 SpringerScott H. Faro, Feroze B. Mohamed, editors.
- 2012 Springeredited by Henning Boecker, Charles H. Hillman, Lukas Scheef, Heiko K. Strüder.Part 1. Theoretical Background, Animal Models, and Basic Sciences -- Exercise and the Brain: Neurogenesis, Synaptic Plasticity, Spine Density, and Angiogenesis / Zejun Wang and Henriette van Praag -- Molecular Mechanisms for the Ability of Exercise Supporting Cognitive Abilities and Counteracting Neurological Disorders / Fernando Gómez-Pinilla and Cameron Feng -- Opioids and Exercise: Animal Models / Rod K. Dishman and Philip V. Holmes -- The Monoaminergic System in Animal Models of Exercise / Romain Meeusen and Vinciane Fontenelle -- Part 2. Methods for Human Neuroimaging in Exercise and Sport Sciences: Theoretical Background and Practical Aspects -- Methods for Measurement of Physical Fitness and Training Recommendations in Studies on Humans / Wildor Hollmann, Helge Knigge, Axel Knicker and Heiko K. Strüder -- Psychological Assessments in Physical Exercise / Marcel Daamen and Markus Raab -- Assessing Somatosensory Profiles and Autonomic Nervous System Responses in Physical Exercise Studies / Michael Valet, Till Sprenger, Lukas Scheef and Henning Boecker -- Humoral Factors in Humans Participating in Different Types of Exercise and Training / Sandra Rojas Vega, Wildor Hollmann and Heiko K. Strüder -- EEG: Theoretical Background and Practical Aspects / Stefan Schneider and Heiko K. Strüder -- NIRS: Theoretical Background and Practical Aspects / Matthias Kohl-Bareis -- Theoretical Background of MR Imaging / Lukas Scheef and Frank Träber -- Functional and Structural MRI: Theoretical Background and Practical Aspects / Lukas Scheef and Henning Boecker -- PET: Theoretical Background and Practical Aspects / Isabelle Miederer and Henning Boecker -- Part 3. Effects of Exercise on Brain Perfusion, Metabolism, and Structure -- NIRS for Measuring Cerebral Hemodynamic Responses During Exercise / Stéphane Perrey -- PET Studies of Brain Metabolism in Exercise Research / Manabu Tashiro, Toshihiko Fujimoto, Mohammad Mehedi Masud, Sabina Khondkar and Shoichi Watanuki, et al. -- Physical Exercise and the Resting Brain / Christina E. Hugenschmidt, Paul J. Laurienti and Jonathan H. Burdette -- Structural Plasticity Induced by Physical Exercise / Destiny L. Miller, Andrea M. Weinstein and Kirk I. Erickson -- Part 4. Effects of Exercise on Cognitive Processing -- The Relation of ERP Indices of Exercise to Brain Health and Cognition / Charles H. Hillman, Keita Kamijo and Matthew B. Pontifex -- Relationship Between Exercise and Cognitive Processing Studied by MRI in Elderly People / Kirk I. Erickson, Sarah E. Banducci and Stephanie L. Akl -- Cross-sectional Studies on the Influence of Exercise on Brain Structure, Functional Activation, and Cognition in Health and Disease / Agnes Flöel and Stefan Knecht -- Part 5. Effects of Exercise on Affective Processing -- The Effects of Exercise on Brain Cortical Function and Its Implication on Mental Health and Mood / Stefan Schneider and Heiko K. Strüder -- Effects of Aerobic Exercise on Mood and Human Opioidergic Activation Measured by Positron Emission Tomography / Henning Boecker, Thomas R. Tölle, Michael Valet and Till Sprenger.
- 2011 SpringerScott H. Faro, Feroze B. Mohamed, editors ; Meng Law, associate editor ; John L. Ulmer, diffusion tensor imaging section editor.Pt. 1. Diffusion and perfusion imaging -- Pt. 2. Magnetic resonance spectroscopy -- Pt. 3. Multi modality functional neuroradiology -- Pt. 4. BOLD functional MRI : physical principles -- Pt. 5. BOLD functional MRI : clinical applications -- Pt. 6. Diffusion tensor imaging -- Pt. 7. Beyond proton imaging -- Pt. 8. Functional spine and CSF imaging -- Pt. 9. Neuroanatomical brain atlas.
- 2007 Ovideditors, William E. Brant, Clyde A. Helms.Adrenal glands and kidneys / William E. Brant -- Pelvicaliceal system, ureters, bladder, and urethra / William E. Brant -- Genital tract: radiographic imaging and MR / William E. Brant -- Abdomen ultrasound / William E. Brant -- Genital tract and bladder ultrasound / William E. Brant -- Obstetric ultrasound / William E. Brant -- Chest, thyroid, parathyroid, and neonatal brain ultrasound / William E. Brant -- Vascular ultrasound / Raymond S. Dougherty, William E. Brant -- Benign cystic bone lesions / Clyde A. Helms -- Malignant bone and soft tissue tumors / Clyde A. Helms -- Skeletal trauma / Clyde A. Helms -- Arthritis / Clyde A. Helms -- Metabolic bone disease / Clyde A. Helms -- Skeletal "don't touch" lesions / Clyde A. Helms -- Miscellaneous bone lesions / Clyde A. Helms -- Magnetic resonance imaging of the knees / Clyde A. Helms -- Magnetic resonance imaging of the shoulder / Clyde A. Helms -- Magnetic resonance imaging of the foot and ankle / Clyde A. Helms -- Pediatric chest / Susan D. John, Leonard E. Swischuk -- Pediatric abdomen and pelvis / Susan D. John, Leonard E. Swischuk -- Introduction to nuclear medicine / David K. Shelton -- Essential science of nuclear medicine / Ramsey D. Badawi, Linda A. Kroger, Jerrold T. Bushberg -- Skeletal system scintigraphy / David K. Shelton, Michael F. Hartshorne -- Pulmonary scintigraphy / David K. Shelton, Rhonda A. Wyatt -- Cardiovascular system scintigraphy / David K. Shelton, Michael F. Hartshorne -- Endocrine gland scintigraphy / Marc G. Cote -- Gastrointestinal, liver/spleen, and hepatobiliary scintigraphy / David K. Shelton, Michael F. Hartshorne -- Genitourinary system scintigraphy / Mike McBiles, Peter W. Blue -- Scintigraphic diagnosis of inflammation and infection / Christopher J. Palestro, Charito Love -- Molecular imaging of tumors / James H. Timmons -- Central nervous system scintigraphy / David H. Lewis, Vivek Manchanda -- Positron emission tomography and PET-PC / Bijan Bijan, David K. Shelton, William E. Brant. Diagnostic imaging methods / William E. Brant -- Introduction to brain imaging / David J. Seidenwurm -- Craniofacial trauma / Robert M. Barr, Alisa D. Gean, Tuong H. Le -- Cerebrovascular disease / Howard A. Rowley -- Central nervous system neoplasms and tumorlike masses / Kelly K. Koeller -- Central nervous system infections / Walter L. Olsen -- White matter and neurodegenerative diseases / Jerome A. Barakos -- Pediatric neuroimaging / Todd E. Lempert, Erik H.L. Gaensler -- Head and neck imaging / Jerome A. Barakos -- Nondegenerative diseases of the spine / Erik H.L. Gaensler -- Lumbar spine: disk disease and stenosis / Clyde A. Helms -- Methods of examination, normal anatomy, and radiographic findings of chest disease / Santiago Miró, Jeffrey S. Klein -- Mediastinum and hila / Jeffrey S. Klein -- Pulmonary vascular disease / Jeffrey S. Klein -- Pulmonary neoplasms / Jeffrey S. Klein -- Pulmonary infection / Timothy J. Higgins, Jeffrey S. Klein -- Diffuse lung disease / Jeffrey S. Klein -- Airways disease / Jeffrey S. Klein -- Pleura, chest wall, diaphragm, and miscellaneous chest disorders / Jeffrey S. Klein -- Breast imaging / Karen K. Lindfors, Huong T. Le-Petross -- Cardiac anatomy, physiology, and imaging methods / David K. Shelton -- Cardiac imaging in acquired disease / David K. Shelton -- Cardiac mri / Christopher M. Kramer -- Thoracic aorta, pulmonary arteries, and peripheral vascular disorders / Michael J. Miller, Jr., Tony P. Smith -- Abdominal arteries, venous system, and nonvascular intervention / Michael J. Miller, Jr., Tony P. Smith -- Abdomen and pelvis / William E. Brant -- Liver, biliary tree, and gallbladder / William E. Brant -- Pancreas and spleen / William E. Brant -- Pharynx and esophagus / William E. Brant -- Stomach and duodenum / William E. Brant -- Mesenteric small bowel / William E. Brant -- Colon and appendix / William E. Brant--Also available: Print – 2007
- 2012 Ovideditors, William E. Brant, Clyde A. Helms.Section I: Basic principles -- chapter 1. Diagnostic imaging methods / William E. Brant -- Section II: Neuroradiology / Section editor: Erik H. L. Gaensler and Jerome A. Barakos -- chapter 2. Introduction to brain imaging / David J. Seidenwurm and Govind Mukundan -- chapter 3. Craniofacial trauma / Robert M. Barr, Alisa D. Gean, and Tuong H. Le -- chapter 4. Cerebrovascular disease / Howard A. Rawley -- chapter 5. Central nervous system neoplasms and tumor-like masses / Kelly K. Koeller -- chapter 6. Central nervous system infections / Nathaniel A. Chuang and Walter L. Olsen -- chapter 7. White matter and neurodegenerative diseases / Jerome A. Barakos and Derk D. Purcell -- chapter 8. Pediatric neuroimaging / Camilla Lindan, Erik Gaensler, and Jerome Barakos -- chapter 9. Head and neck imaging / Jerome A. Barakos and Derk D. Purcell -- chapter 10. Nondegenerative diseases of the spine / Erik H. L. Gaensler and Derk D. Purcell -- chapter 11. Lumbar spine: disc disease and stenosis / Clyde A. Helms -- Section III: Pulmonary / Section editor: Jeffrey S. Klein -- chapter 12. Methods of examination, normal anatomy, and radiographic findings of chest disease / Julio Lemo and Jeffrey S. Klein -- chapter 13. Mediastinum and hila / Jeffrey S. Klein -- chapter 14. Pulmonary vascular disease / Curtis E. Green and Jeffrey S. Klein -- chapter 15. Pulmonary neoplasms / Jeffrey S. Klein -- chapter 16. Pulmonary infection / Jeffrey S. Klein -- chapter 17. Diffuse lung disease / Jeffrey S. Klein and Curtis E. Green -- chapter 18. Airways disease / Jeffrey S. Klein -- chapter 19. Pleura, chest wall, diaphragm, and miscellaneous chest disorders / Jeffrey S. Klein and Jimmy S. Ghostine -- Section IV: Breast radiology / Section editor: Karen K. Lindfors -- chapter 20. Breast imaging / Karen K. Lindfors and Huong T. Le-Petross -- Section V: Cardiac radiology / Section editor: David K. Shelton -- chapter 21. Cardiac anatomy, physiolgy, and imaging modalities / David K. Shelton -- chapter 22. Cardiac imaging in acquired diseases / David K. Shelton and Gary Caputo -- Section VI: Vascular and interventional radiology / Section editor: Michael J. Miller, Jr. -- chapter 23. Thoracic, pulmonary arteries, and peripheral vascular disorders / Michael J. Miller Jr. and Tony P. Smith -- chapter 24. Abdominal arteries, venous system, and nonvascular intervention / Michael J. Miller Jr. and Tony P. Smith -- Section VII: Gastrointestinal tract / Section editor: William E. Brant -- chapter 25. Abdomen and pelvis / William E. Brant -- chapter 26. Liver, biliary tree, and gallbladder / William E. Brant -- chapter 27. Pancreas and spleen / William E. Brant -- chapter 28. Pharynx and esophagus / Sara Moshiri and William E. Brant -- chapter 29. Stomach and duodenum / William E. Brant -- chapter 30. Mesenteric small bowel / William E. Brant -- chapter 31. Colon and appendix / William E. Brant and Sarah Erickson -- Section VIII: Genitourinary tract / Section editor: William E. Brant -- chapter 32. Adrenal glands and kidneys / William E. Brant -- chapter 33. Pelvicalyceal system, ureters, bladder, and urethra / William E. Brant -- chapter 34. Genital tract-CT, MR, and radiographic imaging / William E. Brant -- Section IX: Ultrasonography / Section editor: William E. Brant -- chapter 35. Abdomen ultrasound / William E. Brant -- chapter 36. Genital tract and bladder ultrasound / William E. Brant -- chapter 37. Obstetric ultrasound / William E. Brant -- chapter 38. Chest, thyroid, parathyroid, and neonatal brain ultrasound / William E. Brant -- chapter 39. Vascular ultrasound / William E. Brant and Raymond S. Dougherty -- Section X: Musculoskeletal radiology / Section editor: Clyde A. Helms -- chapter 40. Benign cystic bone lesions / Clyde A. Helms -- chapter 41. Malignant bone and soft tissue tumors / Clyde A. Helms -- chapter 42. Skeletal trauma / Clyde A. Helms -- chapter 43. Arthritis / Clyde A. Helms -- chapter 44. Metabolic bone disease / Clyde A. Helms -- chapter 45. Skeletal "Don't Touch" lesions / Clyde A. Helms -- chapter 46. Miscellaneous bone lesions / Clyde A. Helms -- chapter 47. Magnetic resonance imaging of the knee / Clyde A. Helms -- chapter 48. Magnetic resonance imaging of the shoulder / Clyde A. Helms -- chapter 49. Magnetic resonance imaging of the foot and ankle / Clyde A. Helms -- Section XI: Pediatric radiology / Section editor: Susan D. John -- chapter 50. Pediatric chest / Susan D. John and Leonard E. Swischuk -- chapter 51. Pediatric abdomen and pelvis / Susan D. John and Leonard E. Swischuk -- Section XII: Nuclear radiology / Section editor: David K. Shelton -- chapter 52. Introduction to nuclear medicine / David K. Shelton -- chapter 53. Essential science of nuclear medicine / Ramsey D. Badawi, Linda A. Kroger, and Jerrold T. Bushberg -- chapter 54. Skeletal system scintigraphy / David K. Shelton and Amir Kashefi -- chapter 55. Pulmonary scintigraphy / David K. Shelton and Meena Kumar -- chapter 56. Cardiovascular system scintigraphy / David K. Shelton -- chapter 57. Endocrine gland scintigraphy / Marc G. Cote -- chapter 58. Gastrointestinal, liver-spleen, and hepatobiliary scintigraphy / David K. Shelton and Roshanak Rahnamayi -- chapter 59. Genitourinary system scintigraphy / Howard A. Carpenter and Cameron C. Foster -- chapter 60. Scintigraphic diagnosis of inflammation and infection / Christopher J. Palestro -- chapter 61. Molecular imaging / Amir Kashefi and David K. Shelton -- chapter 62. Central nervous system scintigraphy / David H. Lewis and Jon Umlauf -- chapter 63. Positron emission tomography / Cameron C. Foster, Bijan Bijan, and David K. Shelton.
- 2013 ClinicalKeyClyde A. Helms.Unnecessary examinations -- Benign lytic lesions -- Malignant tumors -- "Don't touch" lesions -- Trauma -- Arthritis -- Metabolic bone disease -- Miscellaneous conditions -- Magnetic resonance imaging of the knee -- Magnetic resonance imaging of the shoulder -- Lumbar spine : disc disease and stenosis -- Magnetic resonance imaging of the foot and ankle -- Miscellaneous magnetic resonance imaging.
- Further radiopharmaceuticals for positron emission tomography and new strategies for their production2015 Wileyedited by Peter J.H. Scott.
- 2013 Kargervolume editors, Ajay Niranjan, Hideyuki Kano, L. Dade Lunsford.A brief history of arteriovenous malformation radiosurgery / A. Niranjan, L.D. Lunsford -- Natural history of cerebral arteriovenous malformations and the risk of hemorrhage after radiosurgery / C.-P. Yen, D. Schlesinger, J.P. Sheehan -- The technical evolution of gamma knife radiosurgery for arteriovenous malformations / L.D. Lunsford ... [et al.] -- Targeting and conformality in arteriovenous malformation radiosurgery / I. Paddick, E. Motti -- Dose selection in stereotactic radiosurgery / J.C. Flickinger ... [et al.] -- Development and testing of a radiosurgery-based arteriovenous malformation grading system B.E. Pollock -- Radiosurgery for brainstem arteriovenous malformation / K. Maruyama ... [et al.] -- Multistaged volumetric management of large arteriovenous malformations / H. Kano -- Endovascular embolization in combination with radiosurgery for treatment of arteriovenous malformations / R.A. Miller, B. Jankowitz -- Stereotactic radiosurgery after embolization for arteriovenous malformations / H. Kano -- Long-term side effects of radiosurgery for arteriovenous malformations / M. Yamamoto, T. Kawabe, B.E. Barfod -- Management of adverse radiatio effects after radiosurgery for arteriovenous malformations / E.A. Monaco -- Morphological observations in brain arteriovenous malformations after gamma knife radiosurgery / G.T. Szeifert -- Stereotactic radiosurgery guideline for the management of patients with intracranial arteriovenous malformations / A. Niranjan, L.D. Lunsford -- Cavernous malformations and hemorrhage risk / D. Kondziolka, E.A. Monaco, III, L.D. Lunsford -- Radiosurgery of brain cavernomas : long-term results / R. Liscak -- Radiosurgical treatment for epilepsy associated with cavernomas / M. Lévêque -- Stereotactic radiosurgery guidelines for the management of patients with intracranial cavernous malformations / A. Niranjan, L.D. Lunsford -- Intracranial dural arteriovenous fistulas : natural history and rationale for treatment with stereotactic radiosurgery / D.H.-C. Pan ... [et al.] -- Stereotactic radiosurgery with or without embolization for intracranial dural arteriovenous fistulas / H. Yang -- Dural arteriovenous fistulas and the role of gamma knife stereotactic radiosurgery : the Stockholm experience / M. Söderman, E. Dodoo, B. Karlsson -- Stereotactic radiosurgery guidelines for the management of patients with intracranial dural arteriovenous fistulas / A. Niranjan, L.D. Lunsford.
- 2016 ClinicalKeyRon Zagoria, Ray Dyer, Christopher Brady.An introduction to radiologic methods -- The kidney and retroperitoneum : anatomy and congenital abnormalities / Raymond Dyer -- Renal masses / Ronald Zagoria -- The kidney : the diffuse parenchymal abnormality / Raymond Dyer -- The renal sinus, pelvocalyceal system, and ureter / Ronald Zagoria -- The lower urinary tract / Christopher Brady -- The female genital tract / Christopher Brady -- The male genital tract / Raymond Dyer -- Imaging of the adrenal glands / Christopher Brady -- Interventional genitourinary radiology / Ronald Zagoria.
- 2013 SpringerVikram S. Dogra, Gregory T. MacLennan, editors ; Ahmet Tuncay Turgut, Anastasia Canaci, associate editors ; Mehmet Ruhi Onur, assistant editor.1. Renal Neoplasms / Gregory T. MacLennan -- 2. Inflammatory Conditions of the Kidney / Gregory T. MacLennan -- 3. Cystic Diseases of the Kidney / Gregory T. MacLennan -- 4. Renal Calculus Disease / Can Zafer Karaman -- 5. Vascular Disorders of the Kidney / Gregory T. MacLennan -- 6. Medical Renal Disease and Transplantation Considerations / Gregory T. MacLennan -- 7. Non-neoplastic Disorders of the Renal Pelvis and Ureter / Gregory T. MacLennan -- 8. Neoplasms of the Renal Pelvis and Ureter / Gregory T. MacLennan -- 9. Renal and Ureteral Trauma / Vikram S. Dogra -- 10. Nonneoplastic Disorders of the Bladder / Gregory T. MacLennan -- 11. Neoplasms of the Bladder / Gregory T. MacLennan -- 12. Bladder Trauma / Musturay Karcaaltincaba -- 13. Congenital and Acquired Nonneoplastic Disorders of the Urethra / Gregory T. MacLennan -- 14. Neoplasms of the Urethra / Gregory T. MacLennan.
- 2013 SpringerVikram S. Dogra, Gregory T. MacLennan, editors.Contrast Materials and Contrast Reaction Management -- Congenital and Acquired Nonneoplastic Disorders of the Prostate and Seminal Vesicles -- Neoplasms of the Prostate and Seminal Vesicles -- Congenital and Acquired Nonneoplastic Disorders of the Spermatic Cord and Testicular Adnexae -- Neoplasms of the Spermatic Cord and Testicular Adnexae -- Congenital and Acquired Nonneoplastic Disorders of the Testis -- Neoplasms of the Testis -- Congenital and Acquired Nonneoplastic Disorders of the Penis and Scrotum -- Neoplasms of the Penis and Scrotum -- Congenital and Acquired Nonneoplastic Adrenal Diseases -- Adrenal Neoplasms -- Congenital and Acquired Nonneoplastic Retroperitoneal Disorders -- Retroperitoneal Neoplasms -- Imaging of Urinary Diversion and Neobladder.
- 2006 Thieme BookGeorge W. Eastman, Christoph Wald, Jane Crossin.
- 2011 SpringerElisabetta de Lutio di Castelguidone, Antonella Messina, editors ; forewords by Nicholas C. Gourtsoyiannis, Antonio Rotondo, Alfredo Siani.
- 2014 ClinicalKey[edited by] Andreas Adam, Adrian K. Dixon, Jonathan H. Gillard, Cornelia M. Schaefer-Prokop.Long recognized as the standard general reference in the field, this completely revised edition of Grainger and Allison's Diagnostic Radiology provides all the information that a trainee needs to master to successfully take their professional certification examinations as well as providing the practicing radiologist with a refresher on topics that may have been forgotten. Organized along an organ and systems basis, this resource covers all diagnostic imaging modalities in an integrated, correlative fashion and focuses on those topics that really matter to a trainee radiologist in the initial years of training. Master the field and prepare for certification or recertification with a succinct, comprehensive account of the entire spectrum of imaging modalities and their clinical applications.
- v.1-2., 2008edited by Andy Adam, Adrian K. Dixon ; consulting editors, Ronald G. Grainger, David J. Allison.
- 2013 ClinicalKeyedited by Nyree Griffin, Lee Grant.Chest wall and pleura -- Mediastinum -- Pulmonary infection -- Large airway disease -- Pulmonary lobar collapse -- Pulmonary neoplasms -- High-resolution computed tomography (HRCT) -- Chest trauma -- Airspace disease -- Paediatric chest -- Miscellaneous ITU chest conditions -- Congenital heart disease (introduction) -- Non-ischaemic acquired heart disease -- Pulmonary circulation and thromboembolism -- The aorta -- Peripheral vascular disease -- Ischaemic heart disease -- Interventional vascular radiology techniques -- Oesophagus -- Stomach -- Duodenum -- Small bowel -- Colon -- Liver -- Biliary -- Pancreas -- Spleen -- Peritoneum, mesentery and omentum -- Plain abdominal radiograph -- Paediatric gastrointestinal disorders -- Kidneys -- Bladder -- Prostate -- Urethra -- Male reproductive system -- Paediatric genitourinary disorders -- Skeletal trauma -- Paediatric fractures -- Soft tissue imaging -- General characteristics of bone tumours -- Benign bone tumours -- Malignant bone tumours -- Metabolic and endocrine skeletal disease -- Joint disease -- Bone and soft tissue infection -- Congenital skeletal anomalies -- Myeloproliferative disorders -- Breast -- Gynaecology -- Intracranial tumours in adults -- Cerebrovascular disease and non-traumatic haemorrhage -- Brain infection, AIDS and demyelinating diseases -- Brain trauma, degenerative disorders and epilepsy -- Paediatric neuroradiology -- The spine -- The orbit -- Ear, nose and throat radiology -- Dental radiology -- Endocrine system -- Lymphoma -- General pearls -- Anatomy pearls -- Radiology techniques -- Pearls in musculoskeletal imaging and pathology -- Patterns of tumour spread -- TNM staging of common cancers.
- 2012 Springerby Vicente Gilsanz, Osman Ratib.
- 2010 SpringerRobert A. Morgan, Eric Walser, editors.Basic Tools Required to Perform Angioplasty and Stenting Procedures / David O. Kessel -- Arterial Pressure Measurements / Thomas B. Kinney -- Drugs - Pre-, Peri- and Post-intervention / Raman Uberoi -- Arterial Access / Dimitrios K. Tsetis -- Venous Access / Clare L. Bent and Matthew Matson -- General Principles of Angioplasty and Stenting / Elias N. Brountzos and Efthymia Alexopoulou -- Arterial Closure Devices / Stephen P. D'Souza and Dare M. Seriki -- Aortoiliac Angioplasty and Stenting / Robert A. Hieb -- Angioplasty and Stenting of the Superficial Femoral Artery and Popliteal Artery / Anna-Maria Belli -- Subintimal Angioplasty / Guy Fishwick -- Infrapopliteal Angioplasty and Stenting / Marc Sapoval, Olivier Pellerin and Laurent Bellmann -- Renal Artery Angioplasty and Stenting / Sanjay Misra -- Angioplasty/Stenting of Mesenteric Arteries / Stefan Müller-Hülsbeck -- Carotid Stenting and Angioplasty / Gerald Wyse and Kieran J. Murphy -- Intracranial and Vertebral Artery Angioplasty and Stenting / Jitendra Sharma, J. Mocco, Adnan H. Siddiqui and Elad I. Levy -- Angioplasty/Stenting of the Subclavian and Axillary Arteries / Trevor John Cleveland -- Stent-Grafting of the Thoracic Aorta / Jean-Paul Beregi and Marco Midulla -- Elective Endovascular Aneurysm Repair (EVAR) of Abdominal Aortic Aneurysms (AAA) / Johannes Lammer and Maria Schoder -- Endovascular Management of Ruptured Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm / William C. Loan and Chee Voon Soong -- Angioplasty/Stenting/Lysis/Thrombectomy of Hemodialysis Access / Himanshu Shah and Gordon McLennan -- Thrombolysis for Acute Lower Limb Ischemia / Thomas O. McNamara and Susie J. Muir -- Endovascular Treatment of Acute Stroke / Ali R. Zomorodi and Tony P. Smith -- Venoplasty and Stenting / Haraldur Bjarnason -- Venous Thrombolysis and Thrombectomy for Deep Venous Thrombosis / Nael E. A. Saad and Suresh Vedantham -- TIPS (Transjugular Intrahepatic Portosystemic Shunts) / George Behrens and Hector Ferral.
- 2012 CambridgeJeremy Price.Basics of breast MRI -- Imaging-related anatomy and pathology -- Interpreting breast MRI studies -- MRI-guided biopsy techniques -- High risk screening using breast MRI -- Preoperative staging with breast MRI -- Problem-solving applications of breast MRI -- MRI after breast augmentation -- Answers to multiple choice questions -- Nephrogenic systemic fibrosis -- Sensitivity and specificity -- TNM classification -- Overview of surgical procedures -- Overview of radiation therapy -- Overview of systemic therapy -- Primary prevention strategies for high-risk women -- Breast cancer genes and genetic testing.
- 2009 SpringerMark R. Harrigan, John P. Deveikis.
- 2013 SpringerMark R. Harrigan and John P. Deveikis.Fully revised and updated, the Handbook serves as a practical guide to endovascular methods and as a concise reference for neurovascular anatomy and published data about cerebrovascular disease from a neurointerventionalist's perspective. Divided into three parts, the book covers:* Fundamentals of neurovascular anatomy and basic angiographic techniques; * Interventional Techniques and endovascular methods, along with useful device information and tips and tricks for daily practice; * Specific Disease States, with essential clinical information about commonly encountered conditions.New features in the 2nd Edition include:* Global Gems that illuminate aspects of the field outside the United States;* Angio-anatomic and angio-pathologic image correlates;* Newly released clinical study results influencing neurointerventional practice;* Information on emerging technologies in this rapidly advancing field.The Handbook is a vital resource for all clinicians involved in neurointerventional practice, including radiologists, neurosurgeons, neurologists, cardiologists, and vascular surgeons.
- 2011[edited by] Krishna Kandarpa, Lindsay Machan.Section 1. Noninvasive evaluation and diagnostic imaging -- Section 2. Catheter-directed angiography -- Section 3. Interventional procedures -- Section 4. Materials, methods, quality, and safety -- Section 5. Risk management -- Section 6. Nursing management -- Section 7. Drugs and dosages.
- 2013 Ovidedited by Thomas L. Pope Jr. ; co-editor John H. Harris Jr.Skull fractures / Ken F. Linnau and John H. Harris Jr. -- Imaging of brain trauma / J. Keith Smith, Diane Armao, and Mauricio Castillo -- Nontraumatic intracranial emergencies / Benjamin Y. Huang and Mauricio Castillo -- Imaging maxillofacial trauma / Mark P. Bernstein, Alexander B. Baxter, and John H. Harris Jr. -- Cervical spine injuries / Richard H. Daffner and John H. Harris Jr. -- The pediatric cervical spine / Leonard E. Swischuk and John H. Harris Jr -- Imaging thoracolumbar spine trauma / Mark P. Bernstein, Alexander B. Baxter, and John H. Harris Jr. -- Shoulder, including clavicle and scapula / John H. Harris, Jr. -- Elbow / Sarah Yanny, Eugene McNally, and Thomas L. Pope Jr. -- Wrist / Robert SD Campbell and John H. Harris Jr. -- Hand / Emma L. Rowbotham and Dominic A. Barron -- Chest : nontrauma / Bruce E. Lehnert and Eric J. Stern -- Chest : trauma / John H. Harris Jr. and Stuart E. Mirvis -- Abdomen : nontraumatic emergencies / Amanda Mignon Jarolimek and John H. Harris Jr. -- Abdomen : traumatic emergencies / Jorge Soto [and others] -- Gynecologic, obstetrical, and scrotal emergencies / Robert D. Harris, Roberta Diflorio Alexander, and John H. Harris Jr. -- Pelvis, including lower urinary tract trauma / John H. Harris Jr. -- Acetabulum / Anthony J. Wilson and John H. Harris Jr. -- Hips and proximal femora / John H. Harris Jr. -- Knee / Ne Siang Chew and Philip Robinson -- Ankle / Anthony Wilson and John H. Harris Jr. -- Foot and heel / Dominic Barron, K. Partington, and John H. Harris Jr. -- Diaphysis / Johnny U.V. Monu and John H. Harris Jr.
- 2008 Thieme BookUlrich Moedder, Mathias Cohnen, Kjel Anderson, Volkher Engelbrecht, Benjamin Fritz.Skull base / M. Cohnen, V. Engelbrecht -- Petrous bone / M. Cohnen -- Orbit / M. Cohnen, V. Engelbrecht -- Paranasal sinuses / M. Cohnen -- Pharynx / B. Fritz -- Larynx / K. Andersen -- Oral cavity / B. Fritz -- Salivary glands / K. Andersen -- Soft tissues of the neck / B. Fritz -- Lymph nodes / K. Andersen.
- 2013 WileyRichard Semelka and Jorge Elias Jr.Health care reform : the scope of the problem / Richard C. Semelka, Diane Armao, and Jorge Elias Jr. -- Only studies which are necessary / Diane Armao, Jorge Elias Jr., and Richard C. Semelka -- Radiation dose reduction / Jorge Elias Jr. and Richard C. Semelka -- Alternate imaging studies to CT / Jorge Elias Jr., Lauren M.B. Burke, and Richard C. Semelka -- Patient information / Jorge Elias Jr. and Richard Semelka -- Are we doing the right study? / Diane Armao, Jorge Elias Jr., and Richard C. Semelka -- Radiology medical education / Jorge Elias Jr. and Richard C. Semelka -- Quality metrics for radiology practice / Richard C. Semelka and Jorge Elias Jr. -- Medicolegal reform / Jorge Elias Jr. and Richard C. Semelka -- Pressures on reduced compensation for clinical service / Jorge Elias Jr. and Richard C. Semelka -- National health care systems / Jorge Elias Jr., Lauren M.B. Burke, Richard C. Semelka -- Research in radiology / Richard C. Semelka [and five others].
- 2010Charlotte DeCroes Jacobs.
- 2010 ClinicalKeyeditors, Charles T. Burke [and others].This state-of-the-art Interventions title in the brand-new High-Yield Imaging series is ideally designed to let you quickly look up a diagnosis, treat the condition, and move on to the next case. Renowned authorities presents the latest vascular and non-vascular interventions, nearly 1,000 optimally sized multi-modality clinical images, and at-a-glance bulleted text, to help you efficiently treat a wide range of diseases. A full-color design along with a consistent organization makes reference a snap. Covers over 150 diagnoses allowing you to treat a broader spectrum of conditions. Offers all the information necessary to perform image-guided interventions safely and effectively. Presents almost 1,000 optimally sized multi-modality clinical images to help you recognize the characteristic appearance of both common and uncommon vascular and non-vascular disorders. Structures every chapter consistently to include Indications and Contraindications, Equipment, Anatomy and Approach, Technique, Outcomes, Follow-up Care, and Selected Images to make reference fast and easy.
- 2014 SpringerYoung-Jo Kim, Tallal Charles Mamisch, editors.Hip Magnetic Resonance Imaging presents a basic yet comprehensive discussion of the role and use of MRI in the diagnosis and treatment of injuries and diseases of the hip, highlighting common concerns and procedures. Beginning with the principles of MRI and dGEMRIC and moving on to normal and abnormal hip anatomy, the focus shifts to the MRI techniques used in the detection of disease conditions of the hip, including labral disease, osteonecrosis, extra-articular conditions and cartilage damage. Chapters on the utilization of biochemical imaging biomarkers in the treatment of hip disorders round out the text. Written by experts in radiology and orthopedics and generously illustrated with MRI radiographs, this book will be an important reference work for clinicians in those fields, as well as practitioners of sports medicine and primary care physicians.
- 2006 SpringerR. Graf ; with the collaboration of S. Scott ... [et al.].
- 2013Adrian M.K. Thomas, Arpan K. Banerjee ; series advisor, Christopher Gardner-Thorpe.
- How does MRI work? : an introduction to the physics and function of magnetic resonance imaging. 2nd ed.2006 SpringerDominik Weishaupt, Victor D. Köchli, Borut Marincek ; contributors, J.M. Froehlich, D. Nanz, K.P. Pruessmann.
- 2014 SpringerMehmet Turgut, editor."Hydatid disease, a zoonotic infection caused by a tapeworm of the genus Echinococcus, has been encountered in various organs in humans. In spite of all the advances in imaging techniques and therapeutic methods, hydatidosis of the central nervous system is still a life-threatening condition in infested areas of the world. Geographical regions affected include the Middle East, Mediterranean countries, South America, Central and Eastern Europe, South Africa, India, and Australia. This is the first comprehensive reference book on hydatidosis of the central nervous system. It is written and edited by leading international authorities from infested areas and provides an in-depth review of diagnosis and management of the disease. Clinical and neuroradiological findings are extensively documented with the aid of numerous original photographs, and the role of surgical intervention and chemotherapy is carefully appraised. In addition to the provision of detailed current evidence, future avenues and innovative therapeutic philosophies are discussed. This book will serve as an ideal source of up-to-date information for all with an interest in this debilitating disease."--Publisher's website.
- 2014 ClinicalKey[edited by] Matthew A. Mauro, Kieran P. J. Murphy, Kenneth R. Thomson, Anthony C. Venbrux, Robert A. Morgan.Brief history of image-guided therapy -- Noninvasive vascular diagnosis -- Invasive vascular diagnosis -- Diagnostic catheters and guidewires -- Balloon catheters -- Stents -- Thrombectomy devices -- Embolic protection devices -- Atherectomy devices -- Embolization agents -- Aortic stent-grafts -- Inferior vena cava filters -- Endovascular laser therapy -- Intellectual property management -- Clinical vascular examination -- Treatment of medical emergencies -- Radiation safety and protection in the interventional fluroscopy environment -- Management of risk factors for peripheral artery disease -- Principles of intraprocedural analgesics and sedatives -- Contrast agents -- Principles of thrombolytic agents -- Antiplatelet agents and anticoagulants -- Vasoactive agents -- Antibiotic prophylaxis in interventional radiology -- Angioplasty -- Restenosis -- Principles of arterial access -- Closure devices -- Principles of venous access -- Vascular anatomy of the upper extremity -- Anatomy of the lower limb -- Acute arterial occlusive disease of the upper extremity -- Acute lower extremity ischemia -- Chronic upper extremity ischemia and revascularization -- Aortoiliac revascularization -- Endovascular management of chronic femoropopliteal disease -- Infrapopliteal revascularization -- Subintimal angioplasty -- Management of extremity vascular trauma -- Management of postcatheterization pseudoaneurysms -- Endovascular treatment of peripheral aneurysms -- management of vascular artheritides -- Congential vascular anomalies: classification and terminology -- Management of low-flow vascular malformations -- Management of high-flow vascular anomalies -- Abdominal aorta and the inferior vena cava -- Aortic endografting -- Fenestrated stent-grafting of juxtarenalaortic aneurysms -- Management of thoracoabdominal aneurysms by branched endograft technology -- Endoleaks: classification, diagnosis, and treatment -- Endovascular treatment of dissection ot the aorta and its branches -- Alimentary tract vasculature -- Management of upper gastrointestinal hemorrhage -- Management of lower gastrointestinal bleeding -- Acute mesenteric ischemia -- Chronic mesenteric ischemia -- Renal vasculature -- Renovascular interventions -- Acute renal ischemia -- Renal artery embolization -- Management of renal angiomyolipoma -- Transvenous renal biopsy -- Transjugular liver biopsy -- Chemoembolization of hepatocellular carcinoma -- Radioembolization for hepatocellular carcinoma -- Embolotherapy for the management of liver malignancies other than hepatocellular carcinoma -- Radioembolization of liver metastases -- Bland embolization for hepatic malignancies -- Portal vein embolization -- Vascular intervention in the liver transplant patient -- Management of trauma to the liver and spleen -- Splenic embolization in nontraumatized patients -- Management of visceral aneurysms -- Intraarterial ports for chemotherapy -- Vascular anatomy of the pelvis -- Uterine fibroid embolization -- Peripartum hemorrhage -- Management of pelvic hemorrhage in trauma -- Management of male varicocele -- Management of female venous congestion syndrome.
- 2014 SpringerRobert L. Bard, Jurgen J. Fütterer, Dan Sperling, editors.Image-Guided Prostate Cancer Treatments is a comprehensive reference and practical guide on the technology and application of ultrasound and MRI in the male pelvis, with special attention to the prostate. The book is organized into three main sections, the first of which is devoted to general aspects of imaging and image-guided treatments. The second section provides a systematic overview of the application of ultrasound and MRI to the diagnosis and treatment of diseases of the lower urinary tract. Performance of the ultrasound and MRI studies is explained, and the normal and abnormal pathological anatomy is reviewed. Correlation with the ultrasound in the same plane is provided to assist in understanding the MRI sequences. Biopsy and interventional procedures, ultrasound-MRI fusion techniques, and image-guided therapies, including focused ultrasound, photodynamic therapy, microwave and laser ablation, are all fully covered. The third section focuses on securing treatment effectiveness and the use of follow-up imaging to ensure therapeutic success and detect tumor recurrence at an early stage, which is vital given that prompt focal treatment of recurrence is very successful. Here, particular attention is paid to the role of Doppler ultrasound and DCE-MRI technologies. This book, containing a wealth of high-quality illustrations based on high-end equipment, will acquaint beginners with the basics of prostate ultrasound and MRI, while more advanced practitioners will learn new skills, means of avoiding pitfalls, and ways of effectively relating the imaging and image-guided treatments to the clinical situation.
- 2008 Springeredited by E. Neri, D. Caramella, C. Bartolozzi (eds.) / with contributions by A.J. Aschoff ... [et al.] ; foreword by A.L. Baert.
- 2012 Springeredited by Simon Bott, Uday Patel, Bob Djavan, Peter R. Caroll.Introduction -- The Production of Radiological and Histopathological Images -- Kidneys and Ureters -- The Adrenal -- The Retroperitoneum -- The Bladder -- The Prostate -- The Testes and Their Adnexae -- The Penis -- Urodynamics.
- 2012 SpringerSteve Payne, Ian Eardley, Kieran O'Flynn, editors.Part 1. Imaging: Radiology -- Principles of X-Ray Production and Radiation Protection / Christopher T. L. Wilkinson -- How to Perform a Clinical Radiograph and Use a C-Arm / Christopher T. L. Wilkinson -- Contrast Agents / Paul M. Taylor -- How to Do an IVU / Paul M. Taylor -- Dual Energy X-Ray Absorptiometry (DXA) / Richard Whitehouse -- The Physics of Ultrasound / Paul M. Taylor -- How to Ultrasound a Suspected Renal Mass / Michael J. Weston -- How to Ultrasound a Painful Testis and a Testicular Mass / Michael J. Weston -- How to Perform a Transrectal Ultrasound Scan and Prostate Biopsy / Fady Youssef and John B. Anderson -- How to Manage a Hydronephrotic Kidney / Michael J. Weston -- Principles of Computed Tomography (CT) / Catherine O'Dwyer -- How to Do a CT Urogram (CTU) / Paul M. Taylor -- How to Do a CT in a Patient with Presumed Upper Tract Trauma / Jonathan Smith -- Principles of Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) / Jonathan Smith -- How to Do an MRI of the Pelvis / Jonathan Smith -- Magnetic Resonance Angiography (MRA) / Kieran O'Flynn -- Vascular Embolisation Techniques in Urology / Alistair Cowie. Part 2. Imaging: Nuclear Medicine -- Radionuclides and Their Uses in Urology / Richard Lawson -- Counting and Imaging in Nuclear Medicine / Richard Lawson -- Principles of Positron Emission Tomography (PET) Scanning / Heather A. Williams -- How to Do a Renogram / Mary Prescott -- How to Do a Diuresis Renogram / Mary Prescott -- How to Do a DMSA Scan / Jackie James -- How to Do a Radioisotope Glomerular Filtration Rate Study / Richard Lawson -- How to Do a Bone Scan / Mary Prescott -- How to Do a Transplant Renogram / Mary Prescott -- Dynamic Sentinel Lymph Node Biopsy in Penile Cancer / Hussain M. Alnajjar and Nicholas A. Watkin -- Part 3. Technology: Diagnostic -- Urinalysis / David G. Ross -- Principles of Urine Microscopy and Microbiological Culture / Chinari P. K. Subudhi -- Measurement of Glomerular Filtration Rate (GFR) / Stephen Brown -- Metabolic Assessment of Urinary Tract Stones / Adrian D. Joyce -- Principles of Pressure Measurement / Ian Pearce -- Principles of Measurement of Urinary Flow / Richard Napier-Hemy -- How to Carry Out a Videocystometrogram (VCMG) / Alexander Springer, Ian Eardley and Ramnath Subramaniam -- The Whitaker Test / Jeremy Oates and Kieran O'Flynn -- Sphincter Electromyography (EMG) / Katherine E. Burnett and Christopher D. Betts -- Tumour Markers / Richard Khafagy and William Cross -- Urine Cytology / William Cross and Richard Khafagy -- Histopathological Processing, Staining, and Immuno-histochemistry / Lorna McWilliam. Part 4. Technology: Operative -- Principles of Urological Endoscopes / Luke Gordon -- Rigid Endoscope Design / Luke Gordon -- Light Sources, Light Leads, and Camera Systems / Stuart N. Lloyd and Adrian D. Joyce -- Peripherals for Endoscopic Use / Stuart N. Lloyd and Steve Payne -- Peripherals for Laparoscopic Use / Andrew Sinclair -- Peripherals for Mechanical Stone Manipulation / Karyee Chow -- Contact Lithotripters / Steve Payne -- Endoscopic Use of Laser Energy / Omar Al Kadhi and Tev Aho -- Double J Stents and Nephrostomy / Steve Payne -- Urinary Catheters, Design, and Usage / Dave Shackley -- Prostatic and Urethral Stents / Ian Eardley -- Urological Prosthetics / Duncan J. Summerton and Ian Eardley -- Meshes in Stress Urinary Incontinence and Pelvic Organ Prolapse / Neil Harris -- Biological Meshes / Ian Eardley, Giulio Garaffa and David J. Ralph -- Principles of Tissue Transfer in Urology / Giulio Garaffa, David J. Ralph and Ian Eardley -- Theatre Design and Patient Safety / Pat McHugh and Steve Payne -- Deep Venous Thrombosis (DVT) Prevention / Pat McHugh -- Principles of Decontamination / Geoff J. H. Sjogren and Ralph Beard -- Operative Tissue Destruction / Steve Payne -- Sutures and Clips / Derek Fawcett -- Monopolar Diathermy / Kieran O'Flynn -- Bipolar Diathermy / Kieran O'Flynn -- Alternatives to Electrosurgery / Adrian D. Joyce -- Haemostatic Agents, Sealants, and Adhesives / Ian Eardley -- Irrigation Fluids and Their Hazards / Stuart N. Lloyd -- Insufflants and Their Hazards / Stephen Bromage and Andrew Sinclair -- Laparoscopic Ports / Ben Sherwood and Dan Burke -- Setting up a Robot / Ben Sherwood and Dan Burke. Part 5. Technology: Interventional -- Neuromodulation by Sacral Nerve Stimulation / Cecile Tawadros, Katherine E. Burnett and Christopher D. Betts -- Principles of Extracorporeal Shockwave Lithotripsy (ESWL) / Richard Napier-Hemy and Steve Payne -- How to Carry Out Shockwave Lithotripsy / David G. Ross -- Prostatic Hyperthermia / Ian Pearce -- Ablative Therapies: High-Intensity Focused Ultrasound (HIFU), Cryotherapy, and Radio-Frequency Ablation (RFA) / Stephen Brown -- Principles of Radiotherapy / John P. Logue -- Electro-Motive Drug Administration (EMDA) / Vijay Sangar -- Part 6. Technology of Renal Failure -- Principles of Renal Replacement Therapy (RRT) / Colin D. Short -- Principles of Peritoneal Dialysis / Philip A. Kalra -- Haemodialysis / Rosie Donne -- Principles of Renal Transplantation / Neil R. Parrott -- Part 7. Assessment of Technology -- Randomised Controlled Trials (RCTs) / Kieran O'Flynn -- Health Technology Assessment / Robert Pickard, Michael Drinnan and Luke Vale.
- 2010 SpringerUday Patel.Part 1. The Bladder -- The Normal Bladder -- Imaging Modalities Used for Assessment of the Bladder -- Congenital Anomalies of the Bladder -- Intraluminal Abnormalities of the Bladder -- Abnormalities of the Bladder Wall or Mural Abnormalities -- Staging of Bladder Cancer -- Abnormal Bladder Contour or Size -- Functional Abnormalities of the Bladder -- Part 2. The Urethra -- The Normal Urethra -- Congenital Anomalies of the Urethra -- Intraluminal Abnormalities and Filling Defects of the Urethra -- Intrinsic Abnormalities of the Urethral Wall -- Lower Urinary Tract Trauma -- Neoplasms of the Urethra.
- 2013 SpringerDavid A. Dowe, Massimo Fioranelli, Paolo Pavone, editors ; in collaboration with Roberto Leo.Clinical anatomy of the coronary circulation -- Basic techniques in the acquisition of cardiac images with CT -- Examination of the coronary arteries -- Image reconstruction -- Coronary pathophysiology -- Clinical classification of coronary artery disease : who should be treated? -- Intravascular ultrasound : from gray-scale to virtual histology -- Identification and characterization of the atherosclerotic plaque using coronary CT angiography -- Coronary CT angiography : evaluation of stenosis and occlusion -- Current strategies in cardiac surgery -- Coronary CT angiography : evaluation of coronary artery bypass grafts -- Coronary stents -- CT angiography of coronary stents -- X-ray exposure in coronary CT angiography -- Optical coherence tomography in the cathlab -- Triple rule out : the use of cardiac CT in the emergency room -- Contraindications to coronary CT angiography -- Prognostic value of coronary CT -- Clinical cases.
- 2009 SpringerR. Ribes, A. Luna, P.R. Ros (eds.) ; con la collaborazione di L. Alcala Mata ... [et al.].
- 2012 SpringerTommaso Scarabino, editor ; in collaboration with Ferdinando Caranci ... [et al.].This atlas is a detailed guide to the imaging appearances of gliomas following treatment with neurosurgery, radiation therapy, and chemotherapy. Normal and pathological findings are displayed in detailed MR images that illustrate the potential modifications due to treatment. Particular emphasis is placed on characteristic appearances on the newer functional MR imaging techniques, including MR spectroscopy, diffusion-weighted imaging, and perfusion imaging. These techniques are revolutionizing neuroradiology by going beyond the demonstration of macroscopic alterations to the depiction of preceding metabolic changes at the cellular and subcellular level, thereby allowing earlier and more specific diagnosis. A key section comprising some 40 clinical cases and more than 500 illustrations offers an invaluable clinical and research tool not only for neuroradiologists but also for neurosurgeons, radiotherapists, and medical oncologists.
- 2014 SpringerAthanasios D. Gouliamos, John A. Andreou, Paris A. Kosmidis, editors.Part I. Introduction to oncologic imaging -- Part II. Bone and soft tissue tumors -- Part III. CNS tumors -- Part IV. Lung cancer -- Part V. Head and neck cancer -- Part VI. Lymphomas -- Part VII. Gynecologic cancer -- Part VIII. Breast cancer -- Part IX. Gastrointestinal cancer -- Part X. Neuroendocrine tumors -- Part XI. Urogenital cancer -- Part XII. Melanoma.
- 2014 Springeredited by Luigia Romano, Antonio Pinto.Most ingested foreign bodies pass through the gastrointestinal tract without a problem. However, both ingested and inserted foreign bodies may cause serious complications, such as bowel obstruction or perforation. Foreign body aspiration is common in children, especially those under 3 years of age, and in these cases chest radiography and CT are the main imaging modalities. This textbook provides a thorough overview of the critical role of diagnostic imaging in the assessment of patients with suspected foreign body ingestion, aspiration, or insertion. A wide range of scenarios are covered, from the common problem of foreign body ingestion or aspiration in children and mentally handicapped adults through to drug smuggling by body packing and gunshot wounds. Guidance is offered on diagnostic protocols, and the value of different imaging modalities in different situations is explained. Helpful management tips are also provided. This textbook will prove invaluable for residents in radiology, radiologists, and physicians who are involved on a daily basis, within an emergency department, in the management of patients with suspected ingestion, aspiration, or insertion of foreign bodies.
- 2015 SpringerAlexander N. Sencha, editor.This book is devoted to the diagnosis and treatment of male breast pathology. It provides a comprehensive overview of current strategies for the diagnosis of breast malignancies in men, with a focus on imaging modalities. Ultrasound of male breast abnormalities is discussed in particular depth, but the roles of other imaging techniques, genetic tests, and interventional diagnostic modalities are also carefully covered. Special attention is paid to differential diagnosis of malignant and benign lesions, and the most important benign breast diseases are described and illustrated with high-quality images. A special chapter analyzes treatment strategy in men with breast malignancies and principles of follow-up after breast surgery. Individual chapters are also devoted to the diagnosis of recurrent cancer and cancer metastases. This up-to-date and richly illustrated book will interest and assist specialists in ultrasound diagnostics, radiologists, oncologists, and surgeons.
- 2005 SpringerP.A. Gevenois and P. de Vuyst (eds.) ; with contributions by M. Akira ... [et al.] ; foreword by A.L. Baert.Also available: Print – 2005
- 2014 SpringerPasquale Paolantonio, Clarisse Dromain.The new series A-Z Notes in Radiological Practice and Reporting provides practical guides for residents and general radiologists, organized alphabetically, primarily according to disease or condition. All booklets are designed so as to cover a large spectrum of topics referring to different anatomical regions of interest. Entries typically include a short description of pathological and clinical characteristics, guidance on selection of the most appropriate imaging technique, a schematic review of potential diagnostic clues, and useful tips and tricks. The present booklet, enriched by illustrations and schemes, is devoted to gastrointestinal imaging. Major topics in CT and MR imaging of the small bowel, colon, rectum, and anus are treated concisely in alphabetical order. For each topic a brief review of clinical features and pathology is presented, followed by a short description of imaging technique and an accurate review of imaging findings and signs which are useful in the differential diagnosis of gastrointestinal disease.
- 2009 Thieme Book[edited by] Joel D. Swartz, Laurie A. Loevner.Temporal bone imaging technique -- The external auditory canal and pinna -- The middle ear and mastoid -- Temporal bone vascular anatomy, anomalies, and disease, with an emphasis on pulsatile tinnitus -- The inner ear and otodystrophies -- Temporal bone trauma -- Anatomy and development of the facial nerve -- The vestibulocochlear nerve, with an emphasis on the normal and diseased internal auditory canal and cerebellopontine angle.Also available: Print – 2009
- 2014 SpringerMassimo Tonolini, editor.During the past decade, the medical and surgical treatment of ulcerative colitis has undergone dramatic advances, including the widespread use of immunomodulators, biological drugs, and restorative proctocolectomy. In order to correctly balance the risks and benefits of medical therapies and surgical procedures, there is a need for improved diagnosis of colonic disease, acute complications, extraintestinal manifestations, and early and delayed postoperative complications. Cross-sectional imaging techniques are therefore playing an increasing role in the assessment of ulcerative colitis and provide an essential complement to clinical data and endoscopy. This practical, illustrated volume on the role of cross-sectional imaging is aimed at radiologists, gastroenterologists, and surgeons who are engaged or interested in the diagnosis and care of patients with inflammatory bowel disease, particularly ulcerative colitis. After an overview of diagnostic imaging techniques, state-of-the-art assessment of colorectal inflammatory disease with CT colonography using water enema and bowel MRI is discussed, followed by description of the plain radiographic and CT findings in patients with acute exacerbations and surgical complications. Subsequent chapters review the diagnostic findings and role of cross-sectional imaging in the assessment of sclerosing cholangitis (with emphasis on MR cholangiopancreatography), vascular complications (particularly portal and mesenteric thrombosis), colitis-associated colorectal cancer and perianal inflammatory disease. Normal postoperative appearances and early and delayed complications in patients treated with proctocolectomy and ileal pouch-anal anastomosis are also comprehensively reviewed.
- 2014 SpringerTommaso Scarabino, Saverio Pollice, editors ; foreword by Carlo Faletti ; in collaboration with Paola D'Aprile...[and more].This book reviews in detail the role of neuroradiological imaging in the evaluation of patients who have undergone surgery or interventional radiology procedures, and particularly its value in the documentation of normal and pathological post-treatment changes, detection of complications, and follow-up. The opening sections describe pretreatment images in various conditions, including trauma, degenerative disc disease, and osteoporosis, and the different types of neurosurgical and interventional treatment that may be used. The post-treatment appearances of normal sequelae and complications on conventional radiography, CT, and MRI are then documented in detail on the basis of a large series of clinical cases, with a wealth of images. Guidance is provided on selection of one or a combination of imaging modalities. This book will be an invaluable clinical and research tool not only for neuroradiologists but also for neurosurgeons, and interventional radiologists.
- 2014 SpringerFlorian Falter, Nicholas J. Screaton, editors.Work in intensive care is dynamic and often requires swift decision-making to achieve the best patient outcome. This book serves as a practical guide for professionals working in this demanding area of medicine. It reviews diagnostic options as well as strengths and weaknesses of imaging techniques in clinical scenarios familiar to most ICU clinicians. The concise format allows rapid access to key information. Imaging the ICU Patient is a true collaboration between critical care and radiology. It demystifies the process of deciding when and how to image the critically ill patient. Using a symptom-orientated approach, it addresses techniques as well as patient safety issues. It is meant to be used by critical care clinicians and radiologists and aims to foster a better appreciation of the concerns both specialties have when imaging critically ill patients.
- 2009 SpringerM. Molls, P. Vaupel, C. Nieder, M.S. Anscher (eds.).
- 2011 Springer Protocolsedited by Leif Schröder, Cornelius Faber.Physical basics of NMR / Rolf Pohmann -- Spatial encoding-basic imaging sequences / Rolf Pohmann -- Basic contrast mechanisms / Leif Schröder and Cornelius Faber -- Scanner components / Volker C. Behr -- Small animal preparation and handling in MRI / Patrick McConville -- Cerebral perfusion MRI in mice / Frank Kober, Guillaume Duhamel, and Virginie Callot -- High field diffusion tensor imaging in small animals and excised tissue / Bernadette Erokwu, Chris Flask, and Vikas Gulani -- BOLD effect / Joan M. Greve -- Screening of CEST MR contrast agents / Xiaolei Song, Kannie W.Y. Chan, and Michael T. McMahon -- Hyperpolarized noble gases as contrast agents / Xin Zhou -- Hyperpolarized molecules in solution / Jan Henrik Ardenkjaer-Larsen .. [et al.] -- MR oximetry / Jeff F. Dunn -- MRI using intermolecular multiple-quantum coherences / Rosa Tamara Branca -- Experimental stroke research : the contributions of in vivo MRI / Therése Kallur and Mathias Hoehn -- Volumetry and other quantitative measurements to assess the rodent brain / Alize Scheenstra, Jouke Dijkstra, and Louise van der Weerd -- Models of neurodegenerative disease -- Alzheimer's anatomical and amyloid plaque imaging / Alexandra Petiet, Benoit Delatour, and Marc Dhenain -- MRI in animal models of psychiatric disorders / Dana S. Poole, Melly S. Oitzl, and Louise van der Weerd -- Spectroscopic imaging of the mouse brain / Dennis W.J. Klomp and W. Klaas Jan Renema -- Spinal cord -- MR of rodent models / Virginie Callot, Guillaume Duhamel, and Frank Kober -- Assessment of global cardiac function / Jürgen E. Schneider -- Plaque imaging in murine models of cardiovascular disease / Gert Klug, Volker Herold, and Karl-Heinz Hiller -- Interventional MRI in the cardiovascular system / Harald H. Quick -- MR for the investigation of murine vasculature / Christoph Jacoby and Ulrich Flögel -- MRI of the lung : non-invasive protocols and applications to small animal models of lung disease / Magdalena Zurek and Yannick Crémillieux -- Characterization of tumor vasculature in mouse brain by USPIO contrast-enhanced MRI / Giulio Gambarota and William Leenders -- Cancer models-multiparametric applications of clinical MRI in rodent hepatic tumor model / Feng Chen, Frederik De Keyzer, and Yicheng Ni -- BOLD MRI applied to a murine model of peripheral artery disease / Joan M. Greve -- Manganese-enhanced magnetic resonance imaging / Susann Boretius and Jens Frahm -- Spin echo BOLD fMRI on songbirds / Colline Poirier and Anne-Marie Van der Linden -- MRI to study embryonic development / Bianca Hogers -- Mouse phenotyping with MRI / X. Josette Chen and Brian J. Nieman -- Analysis of freshly fixed and museum invertebrate specimens using high-resolution, high-throughput MRI / Alexander Ziegler and Susanne Mueller -- Applications of hyperpolarized agents in solutions / Jan Henrik Ardenkjaer-Larsen [and others] -- Target-specific paramagnetic and superparamagnetic micelles for molecular MR imaging / Roel Straathof, Gustav J. Strijkers, and Klaas Nicolay -- Tracking transplanted cells by MRI- methods and protocols / Michel Modo -- MRI of CEST-based reporter gene / Guanshu Liu and Assaf A. Gilad.
- 2013 Springervolume editor, Stefan Hähnel.Inflammatory diseases of the CNS are playing an increasingly important role in the clinical practice of neuroradiology. Neuroimaging contributes greatly to the differentiation of infectious (e.g., viral encephalitis and pyogenic brain abscess) and noninfectious (e.g., multiple sclerosis) inflammatory brain diseases and to the distinction between brain inflammation and other brain diseases, e.g., neoplastic or ischemic. This second, updated edition of Inflammatory Diseases of the Brain provides a comprehensive overview of the field from a neuroradiological point of view. In order to ensure a standardized approach throughout the book, each disease-oriented chapter is again subdivided into three principal sections: epidemiology, clinical presentation, and therapy; imaging; and differential diagnosis. A separate chapter addresses technical and methodological issues and imaging protocols. An important focus of the book is the current role of advanced MR imaging techniques, such as diffusion and perfusion MRI and MR spectroscopy, in the differentiation of inflammatory and other brain diseases. All of the authors are recognized experts, and the numerous high-quality and informative illustrations include some not contained in the first edition. This book will be of great value not only to neuroradiologists but also to neurologists, neuropediatricians, and general radiologists.
- 2006 SpringerPaul Lecoq ... [et al.].
- 2010 SpringerJarrah Ali Al-Tubaikh.
- 2014 Springeredited by Fergus Robertson, Kieran Murphy.The objective ofthe Techniquesin Interventional Radiology series is to provide easily accessible technique specific information on interventional radiology procedures, suitable for reference in the IR room or as a carry-around guide. Each volume has an EU and US editor so that the perspectives presented are balanced across these two major centres of interventional radiology. Each volume has a consistent template for easy and quick reference, with step-by-step bullet points, key point summaries at the end of each chapter and illustrations/line drawings as a visual aid. Interventional Neuroradiology will bring to the fore the collective wisdom of specialist interventional neuroradiologists, for their own reference and more crucially for the reference of trainees in interventional neuroradiology. This book will appeal to thosealready practisinginterventional neuroradiology and those taking fellowships in the speciality from neurology, neurosurgery or neuroradiology.
- 2013 SpringerMario Muto, editor.Accurate interpretation of indications for treatment is the cornerstone of success in medicine. This book carefully examines the relation between clinical features, diagnosis, and choice of minimally invasive technique for a range of spine pathologies. It explains how selection of technique is intimately related to clinical and diagnostic aspects and how recognition of this relation forms the foundation for an optimal outcome. In addition to examining the various minimally invasive options, including the latest techniques, careful attention is paid to the role of medical treatment in avoiding recurrence after initial therapy. Nerve blocks, epidural injections, and intradiscal procedures are among the many options available in the armamentarium of the interventionalist, and advice is given on their use in different contexts.
- 2010 Thieme Bookedited by Hector Ferral, Jonathan Lorenz.
- 2017 ClinicalKeyDavid Kessel, Iain Robertson ; with a contribution by Des Alcorn.
- 2007 SpringerBruno Kastler (editor) ; Fabrice-Guy Barral, Bernard Fergane, Philippe Pereira (co-editors) ; with contributions by Hatem Boulahdour ... [et al.] ; foreword by Georges Salamon.
- 2016 Thieme-Connect[edited by] Jaime Tisnado, Rao R. Ivatury.
- 2009 Thieme Book[edited by] Gary P. Siskin.This book is a practical resource for the current applications of interventional radiology in the care of female patients. Divided into seven main sections, the book opens with an introduction to the role of interventional radiology in women's health, discussing such topics as specific concerns relevant to the female patient and safety considerations related to the provision of care. The sections that follow address common clinical problems and conditions unique to women, including uterine fibroids, infertility, pelvic pain, osteoporosis, and varicose veins. A final section describes interventional procedures for treating breast cancer and offers key recommendations for further practice development.
- 2016 SpringerJosef Rösch.In this autobiography, Josef Rösch, a leading pioneer in interventional radiology from its inception to the present, documents his life and discusses important aspects of his work, focusing especially on those procedures that he developed or improved and that were popularized by his lectures and publications. In Prague, Dr. Rösch worked on splenoportography and visceral angiography, while in the United States he developed the transjugular intrahepatic portosystemic shunt (TIPS) and introduced embolization for treatment of GI bleeding and expandable metallic stenting of obstructions of major veins and the esophagus. In addition, he contributed to the improvement of coronary angiography and fallopian tube catheterization. The book also describes the author's role as the lead person in establishing the Dotter Interventional Institute in 1990. The Institute was the first freestanding, independent interventional radiology unit to deal with education, research, and patient care. Dr. Rösch's organization of scientific meetings and his early use of techniques for live internet broadcasting are described, and the book concludes by summarizing the multiple honors and awards that he received in recognition of his achievements.
- 2011 SpringerDebra A. Gervais, Tarun Sabharwal (editors).General principles of biopsy and drainage -- Liver biopsy -- Chest biopsy -- Mediastinal biopsy -- Bone biopsy -- Adrenal biopsy -- Renal biopsy -- Pancreatic biopsy -- Lymph node biopsy -- Splenic biopsy -- Thyroid biopsy -- Prostate biopsy -- Drainage of abdominal fluid collections -- Drainage of pelvic fluid collections -- Drainage of intrathoracic fluid collections -- Liver cyst/abscess drainage -- Drainage of pancreatic abscess and fluid collections -- Percutaneous biliary drainage and stenting -- Percutaneous cholecystostomy and cholecystolithotomy -- Percutaneous nephrostomy and antegrade ureteric stenting -- Fluoroscopy-guided percutaneous renal access for treatment of stone disease -- Percutaneous gastrostomy and gastrojejunostomy.
- 2013 SpringerTimothy Clark, Tarun Sabharwal editors.The Techniques in Interventional Radiology series of handbooks describes in detail the various interventional radiology procedures and therapies that are in current practice.The series comprises a number of titles, which cover procedures in angioplasty and stenting, transcatheter embolization and therapy, biopsy and drainage, ablation, pediatric interventional radiology and neurointerventional radiology. Each book is laid out in bullet point format, so that the desired information can be located quickly and easily. Interventional radiologists at all stages, from trainees through to specialists, will find this book a valuable asset for their practice.Interventional Radiology Techniques in Ablation is a practical and concise guide to contemporary techniques in image-guided tumor ablation. This handbook is intended to serve as a quick reference for physicians in interventional radiology training as well as a resource for IR technologists, nurses, nurse practitioners and physician assistants.
- 2015 Thieme Book[edited by] Christoph F. Dietrich, Dieter Nuernberg.General aspects of interventional ultrasound. Interventional ultrasound: introduction and historical background -- Interventional materials and equipment -- Informed consent -- Medications, equipment, and setup requirements -- Pathology and cytology -- Fine needle aspiration cytology -- Infections and diganostic microbiology -- Hygiene management -- Contraindications, complications, and complication management -- Assistance in ultrasound interventions -- Sedation in interventions -- Specifc ultrasound-guided procedures: abdomen. Indications for diagnostic interveions in the abdomen and thorax (liver, pancreas, spleen, kidneys, lung, other sites) -- Diagnostic and therapeutic paracentesis of free abdominal fluid -- Fine needle aspiration biopsy and core needle biopsy -- Abscess drainage -- Percutaneous sclerotherapy of cysts -- Interventional treatment of echinococcosis -- Local ablative procedures: percutaneous ethanol and acetic acid injection -- Local ablative procedures for liver tumors, radiofrequency ablation -- Percutaneous transhepatic cholangiodrainage -- Percutaneous gastrostomy -- Interventional endosonography -- Special issues regarding interventions in the spleen -- Specific ultrasound-guided procedures: thorax. Thoracic interventions -- Specific ultrasound-guided procedures: urogenital system. Percutaneous renal biopsy -- Interventional urology -- Specific ultrasound -guided procedures: other organ systems. Interventional thyroid ultrasound -- Musculskeletal interventions -- Neurologic interventions, ultrasound-guided regional anesthesia -- Utlrasound-guided emergency and vascular interventions -- Specific ultrasound-guided procedures: other applications of interventional ultrasound. Extravascular use of ultrasound contrast agents -- Volume navigation -- Palliative interventions and the role of ultrasonography in palliative care.
- 2016 SpringerArdeshir R. Rastinehad, David N. Siegel, editors ; Peter A. Pinto, Bradford J. Wood, associate editors.History of Invasive Radiology -- Imaging the Urinary Tract: Fundamentals of Ultrasound, Computed Tomography, and Magnetic Resonance Imaging -- Image Fusion Principles: Theory -- Prostate Imaging -- Imaging of Benign Prostatic Conditions -- Transrectal Ultrasound of the Prostate -- Fusion Guided Prostate Biopsy -- Template Mapping Biopsies: An Overview of Technique and Results -- Contrast-Enhanced Ultrasound (CEUS) and Elastographic imaging -- High Intensity Focused Ultrasound for Prostate Cancer -- Laser Interstitial Thermal Therapy -- IRE for Prostate Cancer -- Cryotherapy for Prostate Cancer -- Radiation Therapy: Brachytherapy -- Selective Arterial Prostatic Embolization (SAPE) -- BPH Embolization -- Treatments for Benign Conditions of the Prostate Gland -- Kidney Imaging -- Renal Mass Biopsy -- Urinary Diversion and Drainage -- Renal Ablations -- Renal Angiography and Embolization -- Nutcracker Syndrome -- Renal Artery Stenosis -- Hemorrhagic Cystitis -- Endovascular Management of Priapism and Erectile Dysfunction -- Adrenal Imaging -- Adrenal Interventions -- Varicocele and Pelvic Congestion Syndrome -- Retroperitoneal Biopsy: Indications and Imaging Approach.
- Abdominal imaging — Differential diagnosis in pediatric imaging (116)
- Diffusion tensor imaging : a practical handbook — Interventional urology (116)
- Intraoperative ultrasound (IOUS) in neurosurgery : from standard B-mode to elastosonography — Practical body MRI : protocols, applications, and image interpretation (116)
- Practical differential diagnosis for CT and MRI — Women's health in interventional radiology (116)
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- AAP Red Book Online
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Sabiston Textbook of Surgery
- Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics
- Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics
- Mandell, Douglas, & Bennett's Principles & Practice of Infectious Diseases
- Red Book Online
- ICU Book
- Primary Care Medicine
- Campbell-Walsh Urology
Access restricted to Stanford community
Shortcut to Licensed Content
TO INSTALL, DRAG THIS BUTTON to your browser Bookmarks or Tools Bar.
Bookmark on Other Websites
- TO INSTALL, RIGHT CLICK this button.
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
- Once installed it will look like this
- Click "Bookmark on Lane" to bookmark any webpage
- Your saved bookmark will appear on this page
Can't find it?
Look if we have it in print
- Springer Protocols
- Lange Series
- National Academy Press
- NCBI Bookshelf
- Thieme Atlases
A repository of medical knowledge from internal medicine, cardiology, genetics, pharmacy, diagnosis and management, basic sciences, patient care, and more.
Continuously expanding, all databases in the repository contain the latest editions of selected medical titles.MicroMedex: Premier pharmaceutical information source containing multiple databases and drug reference tools. Of particular value is DRUGDEX Evaluations, one of the most comprehensive drug sources available.DynaMed Plus is a clinical information resource used by physicians to answer clinical questions quickly and easily at the point of care. Topics are updated daily as new evidence becomes available.Scopus is the largest abstract and citation database of peer-reviewed literature: scientific journals, books and conference proceedings.A drug information resource containing: American Hospital Formulary System (AHFS), drug formulary for Lucile Packard Children's Hospital (LPCH) and Stanford Hospital & Clinics (SHC), Lexi-Drugs (adverse reactions, dosage and administration, mechanism of action, storage, use, and administration information), Lexi-Calc, Lexi-ID, Lexi-I.V. Compatibility (King Guide), Lexi-Interact, and Lexi-PALS.Cumulative Index to Nursing and Allied Health Literature (CINAHL) contains coverage of nursing and allied health literature.A knowledge database that provides access to topic reviews based on over 6000 clinically relevant articles. The evidence-based content, updated regularly, provides the latest practice guidelines in 59 medical specialtiesProvides critical assessments of systematic reviews compiled from a variety of medical journals.Selects from the biomedical literature original studies and systematic reviews that are immediately clinically relevant and then summarizes these articles in an enhanced abstract with expert commentary.
Multidisciplinary coverage of over 10,000 high-impact journals in the sciences, social sciences, and arts and humanities, as well as international proceedings coverage for over 120,000 conferences.
Includes cited reference searching, citation maps, and an analyze tool.
Features systematic reviews that summarize the effects of interventions and makes a determination whether the intervention is efficacious or not.
Cochrane reviews are created through a strict process of compiling and analyzing data from multiple randomized control trials to ensure comprehensiveness and reliability.Provides systematic coverage of the psychological literature from the 1800s to the present through articles, book chapters and dissertations.BMJ Clinical Evidence. A clinical information tool built around systematic reviews summarizing the current state of knowledge about prevention and treatment of clinical conditions.PIER (Physicians' Information and Education Resource) is a Web-based decision-support tool designed for rapid point-of-care delivery of up-to-date, evidence-based guidance for primary care physicians.Cochrane Central Register of Controlled Trials (CENTRAL) provides access to 300,000 controlled trials that have been identified the Cochrane Collaboration.Provides drug information targeted for patients.A continually updating drug monograph.The National Guideline Clearinghouse (NGC): A comprehensive database of evidence-based clinical practice guidelines and related documents.MedlinePlus: A repository of health information from the National Library of Medicine. Links are from trusted sites. No advertising, no endorsement of commercial companies or productsLPCH CareNotes via MicroMedex: Patient education handouts customized by LPCH clinical staffMicromedex Lab Advisor: Evidence based laboratory test informationA drug database organized by generic name, trade name and drug class.LPCH / Stanford Hospital Formulary.A goldmine of trusted consumer health information from the world's largest medical library.A trusted source of expert advice for and about kids, providing the information necessary to help patients and parents understand their unique needs.Provides patient handouts from the American Academy of Family Physician.Access to the Stanford Health Library for patients.Lane provides access to over 5,000 eBooks many of which provide helpful background material that will prepare you to better tackle primary literature.
Largest, broadest eBook package; covers all sciences, as well as technology (including software), medicine, and humanities.
In addition to covering Wiley and Springer, MyiLibrary is also the only provider for Oxford and Cambridge University Press titles. No seat restrictions.A collection of biomedical books that can be searched directly by concept, and linked to terms in PubMed abstracts.
A web-based, decision support system for infectious diseases, epidemiology, microbiology and antimicrobial chemotherapy. The database, updated weekly, currently includes 337 diseases, 224 countries, 1,147 microbial taxa and 306 antibacterial (-fungal, -parasitic, -viral) agents and vaccines.
Over 10,000 notes outline the status of specific infections within each country.
Provides online, full-text access to Springer's journal titles as well as journals from other publishers.
Subjects include: life sciences, chemical sciences, environmental sciences, geosciences, computer science, mathematics, medicine, physics and astronomy, engineering and economics. Also includes eBooks.Collection of over 8 thousand fulltext titles in engineering, math, and basic and applied biomedical research. Coverage is from 1967 to the present.A library of ebooks on a wide array of topics, digitized and made available online in conjunction with the original publishers.