Books by Subject
- Advances in radiation oncology in lung cancer. 2nd ed. 2011, Springer
- Aging and lung disease 2012, Springer
- Airway chemoreceptors in the vertebrates 2009, CRCnetBASE
- Antituberculosis chemotherapy 2011, KargerHistory of drug discovery : early evaluation studies and lessons learnt from them / Ahmad, Z., Makaya, N.H. and Grosset, J. -- Tuberculosis treatment trials past and present : old and new challenges / Nunn, N. -- The rifamycins : renewed interest in an old drug class / Burman, W., Dooley, K.E., and Nuermberger, E. -- Isoniazid pharmacokinetics and efficacy in adults and children / Donald, P.R. and Schaaf, H.S. -- Recent developments in the study of pyrazinamide : an update / Mitchison, D.A. and Zhang, Y. -- Experience with phase III clinical trials of antituberculosis drugs and regimens : conclusions and lessons for the future / Jindani, A. -- Tuberculosis recurrence : exogenous or endogenous? / Williams, M. ... [et al.] -- Second-line antituberculosis drugs : current knowledge, recent research findings and controversies / Schaaf, H.S., Seddon, J.A., and Caminero, J.A. -- Acquisition, transmission, and amplification of drug-resistant tuberculosis / Müller, B. ... [et al.] -- The treatment of tuberculosis in children -- Cruz, A.T. and Starke, J.R. -- Issues and challenges in the development of novel tuberculosis drug regimens / Erondu, N. and Ginsberg, A. -- Drug resistance in mycobacterium tuberculosis : molecular mechanisms and laboratory susceptibility testing / Bittger, E.C. -- The role of the mouse model in the evaluation of new antituberculosis drugs / Nuermberger, E.L. -- Current issues in tuberculosis pharmacokinetics / Egelund, E.F. and Peloquin, C.A. -- Pharmacological considerations of antitubercular agents in children / Goldman, J.L., Kearns, G.L., and Abdel-Rahman, S.M. -- Interactions between antituberculosis and antiretroviral agents / Mcilleron, H. and Khoo, S.H. -- Diabetes mellitus and tuberculosis treatment / Ruslami, R., Van Crevel, R. -- Early bactericidal activity of antituberculosis agents / Maritz, J.Z., Diacon, A.H., and Donald, P.R. -- Assessment of whole-blood bactericidal activity in the evaluation of new antituberculosis drugs / Wallis, R.S. -- Serial sputum colony counting in drug regimens / Sloan, D. and Davies, G. -- The evaluation of new antituberculosis drugs in children / Mcneeley, D.F. ... [et al.] -- A new era in tuberculosis treatment : what does the future hold? / Duncan, K.
- Atlas of airway management 2007, OvidAirway anatomy -- Mask ventilation -- Direct laryngoscopy -- The pediatric airway -- Confirmation of endotracheal tube placement -- Retraction blades for direct laryngoscopy -- Pharmacology of airway management -- Definition, incidence, and predictors of the difficult airway -- Decision making in difficult airway management -- Training in airway management -- Examples and illustrations of conditions predisposing the difficult airway management -- Mirrors and mirror blades -- Prisms and prism blades -- Bougies and airway stylets -- Blind nasotracheal intubation -- Blind orotracheal intubation -- Lightwands -- Optical stylets -- Retrograde intubation -- Flexible fiberoptic bronchoscopes -- Rigid fiberoptic scopes -- Esophageal-tracheal combitube -- Laryngeal mask airway -- Intubating laryngeal mask airway -- New supraglottic ventilation devices -- Transtracheal "Jet" ventilation -- Intubation through laryngeal mask airway or intubation laryngeal mask airway with a bougie, lighted stylet, or optical stylet -- Retrograde intubation and flexible fiberoptic bronchoscope intubation -- Flexible fiberoptic bronchoscope intubation through the laryngeal mask airway -- Flexible fiberoptic bronchoscope intubation through the intubating laryngeal mask airway -- Flexible fiberoptic bronchoscope intubation and the esophageal-tracheal combitube -- Transtracheal jet ventilation and flexible fiberoptic bronchoscope intubation -- Cricothyrotomy -- Wire-guided cricothyrotomy.
- Atlas of airway management. 2nd ed. 2012, OvidRoutine airway medicine -- Difficult airway management: recognition, training and management -- Adjuncts to direct laryngoscopy -- Blind intubation -- Lightwands and optical stylets -- Retrograde techniques -- Fiberoptic techniques -- Emergency ventilation -- Combination techniques -- Emergency surgical airways -- Pediatrics -- Bronchoscopy -- Special situations requiring specialized airway management -- Unique facets of airway management by discipline -- Common patient conditions requiring specialized approach to the airway -- Care after intubation.
- Atlas of endoscopic major pulmonary resections 2010, Springer
- Atlas of neoplastic pulmonary disease 2010, SpringerLymphangiomatosis -- Pleuropulmonary blastoma -- Congenital pulmonary myofibroblastic tumor -- Alveolar adenoma -- Uncommon endobronchial surface tumors -- Mucous gland adenoma -- Pleomorphic adenoma -- Mucoepidermoid tumor -- Adenoid cystic carcinoma -- Inflammatory polyps -- Inflammatory pseudotumor -- Pulmonary chondroma -- Pulmonary hamartoma -- Localized fibrous tumor -- Lipomas and liposarcomas -- Cystic lymphangioma -- Lymphangioleiomyomatosis -- Epithelioid hemangioendothelioma -- Pulmonary artery sarcoma -- Synovial sarcoma -- Marginal zone B-cell lymphoma (maltoma) -- Diffuse large B-cell lymphoma -- Lymphomatoid granulomatosis -- Langerhans cell histiocytosis -- Typical and atypical carcinoids -- Teratoma -- Melanoma -- Thymoma -- Glomus tumor of the lung -- Sclerosing hemangioma -- Preinvasive disease -- Squamous cell carcinoma -- Adenocarcinoma -- Large cell carcinoma -- Small cell carcinoma -- Adenosquamous carcinoma -- Bronchioloalveolar carcinoma -- Large cell neuroendocrine carcinoma -- Sarcomatoid carcinoma -- Pulmonary blastoma -- Metastatic tumors.
- Bronchial asthma. 6th ed. 2011, Springer
- Cardiopulmonary imaging 2004, Ovid
- Chest imaging 2012, Springer
- Chest radiology. 2nd ed. 2008, OvidNormal anatomy of the chest -- Signs and patterns of lung disease --Interstitial lung disease -- Alveolar lung disease -- Monitoring and support devices--"tubes and lines" -- Mediastinal masses -- Solitary and multiple pulmonary nodules -- Chest trauma -- Pleura, chest wall, and diaphragm -- Upper lung disease, infection, and immunity -- Atelectasis -- Peripheral lung disease -- Airways -- Unilateral hyperlucent hemithorax -- Neoplasms of the lung -- Congenital lung disease -- Pulmonary vasculature disease -- Congenital and acquired cardiac disease -- Thoracic aorta -- Self-assessment.
- Chest sonography. 3rd ed. 2011, Springer
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease 2012, Springer
- Clinical chest ultrasound 2009, KargerPhysics of diagnostic ultrasound : creating the image / Reuter, K.L., Bogdan, A. -- Thoracic ultrasound overview / Islam, S., Tonn, H. -- Transthoracic ultrasound for chest wall, pleura, and the peripheral lung / Koegelenberg, C.F.N., Diacon, A.H., Bolliger, C.T. -- Ultrasound of the neck / Kreuter, M. ... [et al.] -- Diagnosis of pulmonary embolism and pneumonia using transthoracic sonography / Reissig, A., Kroegel, C. -- The mediastinum / Herth, F.J.F. -- Critical care echocardiography / Mayo, P.H. -- Use of ultrasound for central venous access / Garibaldi, B., Feller-Kopman, D. -- Ultrasound evaluation of the lung / Pellecchia, C., Mayo, P.H. -- Pleural ultrasonography in the intensive care unit / Wang, J.S., Doelken, P. -- Abdominal ultrasonography as related to problems of the chest / Beckh, S., Kirchpfening, K. -- Use of ultrasonography for the diagnosis of venous thromboembolic disease / Kaplan, A.E., Kory, P. -- Principles and practice of endoscopic ultrasound / Nishina, K. ... [et al.] -- Short history of the development of endobronchial ultrasound : a story of success / Becker, H.D. --State-of-the-art equipment and procedures / Kurimoto, N., Osada, H., Miyazawa, T. -- Convex probe endobronchial ultrasound / Yasufuku, K., Nakajima, T. -- Endobronchial ultrasound for staging of lung cancer / Herth, F.J.F. -- Endobronchial ultrasound for peripheral pulmonary lesions / Kurimoto, N., Osada, H., Miyazawa, T. -- Esophageal ultrasound / Annema, J.T., Rabe, K.F. -- Competing technologies : ultrasound, navigational bronchoscopy, optical coherence tomography, etc. : who will win out? / Lee, P., Beamis, J.F. -- Ultrasound and medical thoracoscopy / Michaud, G. -- Endobronchial ultrasound for difficult airway problems / Shirakawa, T. ... [et al.] -- Ultrasound guidance for endoscopic treatment of pulmonary malignancies / Eberhardt, R., Bugalho, A. -- Ultrasound-guided drainage procedures and biopsies / Wang, J.S., Doelken, P.
- Clinical exercise testing 2002, Karger
- Clinically oriented pulmonary imaging 2012, Springer
- Color atlas of comparative pathology of pulmonary tuberculosis 2011, CRCnetBASE"Written by notable authorities from the several disciplines involved with tuberculosis research, this book is the first pictorial histopathology atlas with annotations on tuberculosis. The book's drug discovery and animal model perspective makes in applicative rather than academic and presents the material in a highly readable format. Each section will cover the manifestations of induced or acquired pulmonary tuberculosis in one of six animal species (models) - human, non-human primate, rabbit, guinea pig, rat, and mouse. It provides low, medium, and high power microscopy views of lung tissue in color to enhance the understanding of TB for newcomers and the senior tuberculosis researchers."--Provided by publisher.
- Community-acquired pneumonia 2007, SpringerDiagnosis and treatment of community acquired pneumonia - the German perspective -- Detection of respiratory bacterial pathogens -- Viral pathogens and epidemiology, detection, therapy and resistance -- Resistance in Streptococcus pneumoniae -- Influenza -- Pathogenesis of Chlamydophila pneumoniae infections - epidemiology, immunity, cell biology, virulence factors -- Legionnaires' disease and its agent Legionella pneumophila -- Pathogenesis of Streptococcus pneumoniae infections: adaptive immunity, innate immunity, cell biology, virulence factors -- Pathogenesis of Mycoplasma pneumoniae infections: adaptive immunity, innate immunity, cell biology, and virulence factors -- Community-acquired pneumonia: paving the way towards new vaccination concepts.
- Heart -- Aorta, arch vessels, and great veins -- Pulmonary arterial disease -- Mediastinum -- Airways -- Focal lung disease -- Lung cancer -- Diffuse lung disease -- Pleura, chest wall, and diaphragm.
- Congenital thoracic wall deformities 2011, SpringerIntroduction -- Deformities of the anterior thoracic wall -- Diagnostics -- Aspects of indication setting for selection of individual therapy and informed consent -- Therapy -- Special techniques in the funnel chest deformity -- Special techniques in the keel chest deformity -- Special techniques in pectus arcuatum and mixed deformities -- Special aspects in females -- Special technique in the Poland syndrome -- Surgery of other congenital anomalies of the anterior thoracic wall -- Complications, special problems -- Actual technical improvements, future aspects -- Final conclusions.
- Controlled pulmonary drug delivery 2011, Springer
- COPD 2011, SpringerMultiple components of COPD -- Clinical assessment of COPD -- Physiologic assessment of COPD -- Outcome measures and prognostic markers for COPD -- Management guidelines for chronic obstructive pulmonary disease -- Pharmacological therapy: bronchodilators -- Pharmacological therapy: inhaled corticosteroids -- Pharmacological therapy: novel approaches -- Smoking cessation -- Pulmonary rehabilitation -- Exacerbations of COPD -- Home management issues -- Co-morbidities and systemic effects of COPD -- Non-pharmacological and surgical management of COPD -- Depression and anxiety in COPD: diagnosis and management issues -- Disease management programs for COPD -- General management issues in COPD: sleep, travel, and preoperative management.
- CT of the airways 2008, Springer
- Cystic fibrosis 2004, Wellcome Trust
- Cystic fibrosis in the 21st century 2006, KargerThe CFTR gene: structure, mutations and specific therapeutic approaches / Nissim-Rafinia, M., Linde, L., Kerem, B. -- Exquisite and multilevel regulation of CFTR expression / Trezise, A.E.O. -- Intracellular processing of CFTR / Barriere, H., Lukacs, G.L. -- Structure of the cystic fibrosis transmembrane conductance regulator / Stratford, F.L.L., Bear, C.E. -- Function of CFTR protein: ion transport / Chen, J.-H. ... [et al.] -- Cystic fibrosis. Function of CFTR Protein: regulatory functions / Coakley, R.D., Stutts, M.J. -- Function of CFTR protein: developmental role / Gill, D., Larson, J.E. -- Genotype-phenotype correlations in cystic fibrosis / Dorfman, R., Zielenski, J. -- Diagnosis of cystic fibrosis, CFTR-related disease and screening / Karczeski, B.A., Cutting, G.R. -- CF modifier genes / Griesenbach, U., Alton, E.W.F.W., Davies, J.C. -- Animal models / Dorin, J.R -- In vitro/ex vivo fluorescence assays of CFTR chloride channel function / Verkman, A.S., Galietta, L.J.V. -- In vivo measurement of airway potential difference to assess CFTR function in man / Middleton, P., Alton, E.W.F.W. -- Arrays and proteomics / Ogilvie, V.C., MacGregor, G. -- Pathogenesis of pulmonary disease in cystic fibrosis / Mall, M., Boucher, R.C. -- Infection versus inflammation / Ziady, A.G., Davis, P.B. -- Pseudomonas aeruginosa: clinical research / Armstrong, D. -- Pseudomonas aeruginosa: basic research / Scott, F.W., Pitt, T.L. -- Other gram-negative organisms: Burkholderia cepacia complex and Stenotrophomonas maltophilia / Govan, J.R.W. -- Staphylococcus aureus and MRSA / Conway, S., Denton, M. -- Nontuberculous mycobacterial lung disease in patients with cystic fibrosis / Griffith, D.E -- Respiratory fungal infections and allergic bronchopulmonary aspergillosis / Que, C., Geddes, D. -- Advanced disease management and advances in transplant medicine / Carby, M.R., Hodson, M.E. -- Current and novel antimicrobial approaches / Davies, J.C. -- Anti-inflammatory agents: a clinical perspective / Hilliard, T.N., Balfour-Lynn, I.M. -- Recent advances in infant and pre-school lung function / Ranganathan, S. -- Recent advances in imaging / Oikonomou, A., Hansell, D.M. -- New pharmacological approaches for treatment of cystic fibrosis / Rubenstein, R.C. -- Gene and stem cell therapy / Boyd, A.C. -- Gut disease: clinical manifestations, pathophysiology, current and new treatments / Taylor, C.J., Hardcastle, J. -- Pancreatic involvement: clinical manifestations, pathophysiology and new treatments / Lindley, K.J. -- Cystic fibrosis: liver disease / Westaby, D. -- Fertility, contraception, incontinence and pregnancy / Thorpe-Beeston, J.G. -- Arthritis, vasculitis and bone disease / Elkin, S. -- Diabetes in cystic fibrosis / Bridges, N., Spowart, K. -- Challenges for nurses / Madge, S. -- Dietetics / Wolfe, S., Morton, A. -- Physiotherapy / Pryor, J.A. ... [et al.] -- Psychological interventions / Bryon, M. -- The future / Bush, A. ... [et al.].
- Cystic fibrosis methods and protocols 2002, Springer Protocols
- Dail and Hammar's Pulmonary pathology. 3rd ed. 2008, Springerv. II Springerv. 1. Nonneoplastic lung disease -- v. 2. Neoplastic lung disease.
- Difficult decisions in thoracic surgery. 2nd ed. 2011, Springer
- Diffuse lung disease. 2nd ed. 2012, Springer
- Diffuse parenchymal lung disease 2007, Karger
- Chapter 1. Identifying general requirements -- Chapter 2. Identifying detailed requirements -- Chapter 3. Selecting a solution -- Chapter 4. Implementing an electronic recording and reporting system .
- Endobronchial ultrasound 2009, Springer
- Essentials of sleep medicine 2012, Springer
- Exercise cardiopulmonary function in cardiac patients 2012, SpringerExercise Physiology --Pulmonary Function --Cardiac Output --Cardiac Output Redistribution --Left Ventricular Function --Blood Pressure and Hypertension --Metabolic Cardiovascular Risk Factors --Cardiopulmonary Function in Elderly --Exercise and Sudden Death --Cardiac Rehabilitation.
- Frozen section library. Lung 2009, Springer
- Frozen section library. Pleura 2010, Springer
- Functional respiratory disorders 2012, SpringerPart 1.Recognition of Functional Respiratory Symptoms. --What Is a Functional Respiratory Disorder? /Ran D. Anbar and Howard R. Hall --Functional Aspects of an Organic Respiratory Disorder: Cystic Fibrosis /Dewey G. Meyers and Ran D. Anbar --Part 2.Common Functional Respiratory and Related Conditions. --Chest Pain /Dilip R. Patel --Dyspnea /Douglas N. Homnick --The Habit Cough Syndrome and Its Variations /Miles M. Weinberger --Vocal Cord Dysfunction /Miles M. Weinberger and Devang R. Doshi --Functional Sleep Disorders /Zafer N. Soultan and Ran D. Anbar --Part 3.Treatment of Functional Respiratory Disorders. --When Should a Patient Be Referred to a Mental Health Provider? /Brett G. Toelle, Juliet M. Foster and Christine R. Jenkins --Basic Cognitive Behavioral Therapy: Applications for Functional Respiratory Disorders and Other Medically Unexplained Symptoms /Courtney E. Du Mond and David A. Johnson --Biofeedback Therapy for Asthma /Paul M. Lehrer --Breathing Techniques for Asthma and Other Respiratory Diseases /Christine R. Jenkins --Hypnosis for the Treatment of Functional Respiratory Disorders /Ran D. Anbar --Speech Therapy for the Treatment of Functional Respiratory Disorders /Heather L. Hodges --Pharmacologic Therapy in Patients with Functional Respiratory Disorders /Charles R. Harris, Joseph F. Zastrow and Ran D. Anbar --The Healing Energy of Breath in Traditional Chinese Medicine and Other Eastern Traditions /Reinhild Draeger-Muenke and Maximilian Muenke --Mindfulness Meditation for the Treatment of Functional Respiratory Disorders /Adam S. Elias.
- Fundamentals of sleep medicine 2012, ScienceDirectSleep stages and basic sleep monitoring -- Technology of sleep monitoring: differential amplifiers, digital polysomnography, and filters -- Sleep staging in adults -- Biocalibration, artifacts, and common variants of sleep -- Sleep staging in infants and children -- Sleep architecture parameters, normal sleep, and sleep loss -- Neurobiology of sleep -- Monitoring respiration: technology and techniques -- Monitoring respiration: event definitions and examples -- Sleep and respiratory physiology -- Cardiac monitoring during polysomnography -- Monitoring of limb movements and other movements during sleep -- Polysomnography, portable monitoring, and actigraphy -- Subjective and objective measures of daytime sleepiness -- Obstructive sleep apnea syndromes: definitions, epidemiology, diagnosis, and variants -- Pathophysiology of obstructive sleep apnea -- Consequences of obstructive sleep apnea and the benefits of treatment -- Obstructive sleep apnea treatment overview and medical treatments -- Positive airway pressure treatment -- Oral appliance and surgical treatment for obstructive sleep apnea -- Central sleep apnea and hypoventilation syndromes -- Sleep and obstructive lung disease -- Restless leg syndrome, periodic limb movements in sleep, and the periodic limb movement disorder -- Hypersomnias of central origin -- Insomnia -- Circadian rhythm sleep disorders (CRSD) -- Clinical EEG and nocturnal epilepsy -- Parasomnias -- Psychiatry and sleep -- Sleep and non-respiratory physiology -- Sleep and neurological disorders.
- High-resolution CT of the lung. 3rd ed. 2001, Ovid
- Imaging in pediatric pulmonology 2012, Springer
- Imaging of pulmonary infections 2007, OvidPulmonary infection: basic concepts -- Bacterial pneumonia -- Pulmonary tuberculosis -- Nontuberculous mycobacterial pulmonary disease -- Viruses, mycoplasma, and chlamydia -- Fungal and parasitic infection -- Acquired immunodeficiency syndrome -- Immunocompromised host.
- Integrative therapies in lung health and sleep 2012, SpringerOverview of integrative therapies and healing practices -- Evaluation of integrative therapies for research and practice -- Integrative therapies in chronic pulmonary conditions -- Integrative therapies for people with asthma -- Integrative therapies for people with asthma -- Integrative therapies for people with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease -- Integrative therapies for people with interstitial lung disease, idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis, and pulmonary arterial hypertension -- Integrative therapies for people with cystic fibrosis -- Integrative therapies for people with lung cancer -- Integrative therapies for lung transplantation recipients -- Integrative therapies in critical care and sleep disorders -- Integrative therapies in the management of critically ill patients -- Integrative therapies to promote sleep in the intensive care unit -- Future application of integrative therapies for sepsis: bench and experimental animal models -- Integrative therapies to manage acute and chronic sleep disorders -- Integrative therapies to promote lung health -- Integrative therapies for tobacco cessation -- Integrative therapies to support palliative and end-of-life care in lung disease -- Whole medical systems in lung health and sleep: focus on traditional Chinese medicine -- Counseling patients with chronic lung disease: interdisciplinary strategies for reducing distress.
- Spirometry: dynamic lung volumes -- Static (absolute) lung volumes -- Diffusing capacity of the lungs -- Bronchodilators and bronchial challenge testing -- Arterial blood gases -- Other tests of lung mechanics: resistance and compliance -- Distribution of ventilation -- Maximal respiratory pressures -- Preoperative pulmonary function testing -- Simple tests of exercise capacity -- Patterns in various diseases -- When to test and what to order -- Approaches to interpreting pulmonary function tests -- Illustrative cases.
- Lung 2003, ScienceDirect
- Lung cancer 2003, Springer Protocolsv. 2 Springer Protocolsv. 1. Molecular pathology methods and reviews -- v. 2. Diagnostic and therapeutic methods and reviews.
- Lung imaging and computer-aided diagnosis 2012, CRCnetBASE"Lung cancer remains the leading cause of cancer-related deaths worldwide. Early diagnosis can improve the effectiveness of treatment and increase a patient's chances of survival. Thus, there is an urgent need for new technology to diagnose small, malignant lung nodules early as well as large nodules located away from large diameter airways because the current technology, namely, needle biopsy and bronchoscopy, fail to diagnose those cases. However, the analysis of small, indeterminate lung masses is fraught with many technical difficulties. Often patients must be followed for years with serial CT scans in order to establish a diagnosis, but inter-scan variability, slice selection artifacts, differences in degree of inspiration, and scan angles can make comparing serial scans unreliable. Lung Imaging and Computer Aided Diagnosis brings together researchers in pulmonary image analysis to present state-of-the-art image processing techniques for detecting and diagnosing lung cancer at an early stage. The book addresses variables and discrepancies in scans and proposes ways of evaluating small lung masses more consistently to allow for more accurate measurement of growth rates and analysis of shape and appearance of the detected lung nodules. Dealing with all aspects of image analysis of the data, this book examines: Lung segmentation, Nodule segmentation, Vessels segmentation, Airways segmentation, Lung registration, Detection of lung nodules, Diagnosis of detected lung nodules, Shape and appearance analysis of lung nodules. Contributors also explore the effective use of these methodologies for diagnosis and therapy in clinical applications. Arguably the first book of its kind to address and evaluate image-based diagnostic approaches for the early diagnosis of lung cancer, Lung Imaging and Computer Aided Diagnosis constitutes a valuable resource for biomedical engineers, researchers, and clinicians in lung disease imaging"--Provided by publisher.
- Lung sounds 2009The nature of lung sound signals -- Historical overview -- Main characteristics and categorization -- Recording issues -- Standards -- Procedures and considerations -- Trends in LS analysis -- New domains in LS representation -- Overview -- Higher-order statistics (spectra) -- Epitomized rationale -- HOS definitions: higher-order statistics -- HOS definitions: higher-order spectra -- The parametric approach -- LS quadratic phase coupling detection -- Autoregressive-HOS modeling of LS source and transmission -- Lower-order statistics -- Epitomized rationale -- LOS definitions: a-stable distribution -- LOS definitions: fractional lower-order moments and covariation coefficient -- LOS analysis tools: converging variance test -- LOS analysis tools: parameter estimates for SAS distributions -- LOS analysis tools: AR modeling of SAS distributions -- LOS analysis of discontinuous adventitious sounds -- Wavelet analysis -- Epitomized rationale -- Continuous wavelet transform -- Discrete WT and multiresolution representation -- Wavelet-based analysis of LS -- Wavelet-HOS -- Epitomized rationale -- CWT-HOS definitions -- Wheeze analysis with CWT-HOS -- Higher-order crossings -- Epitomized rationale -- HOC definitions -- HOC discrimination tools -- HOC analysis of DAS -- Empirical mode decomposition -- Epitomized rationale -- EMD description -- EMD considerations and extensions -- EMD crackles analysis -- Fractal dimension-lacunarity analysis -- Epitomized rationale -- FD estimation -- Lacunarity estimation -- FD analysis of LS -- Lacunarity analysis of DAS -- Denoising techniques -- Overview -- Wavelet-based denoising -- CWT-WED -- WTST-NST filter -- Kurtosis-based extractor -- Fractal dimension-based detector -- Wavelet-fractal dimension-based denoising -- Empirical mode decomposition-fractal dimension-based denoising -- Heart sound cancellation -- HOS-based HSC -- WT-based HSC -- Recursive least squares-based HSC -- Time-frequency-based HSC -- Recurrent time statistics and nonlinear prediction-based HSC -- Other denoising approaches -- Fuzzy logic-based denoising -- Independent component analysis-based HSC -- Variance fractal dimension-based heart sound localization -- Entropy-based heart sound localization -- Reflective implications -- From an engineer's viewpoint -- From a physician's viewpoint.
- Management of acute pulmonary embolism 2007, SpringerDiagnostic approach to the patient with suspected pulmonary embolism. Clinical probablility and D-dimer testing / Philip S. Wells -- Imaging of acute pulmonary embolism / James G. Ravenel and U. Joseph Schoepf -- The search for deep vein thrombosis: evaluation of the leg veins / Jan Beyer and Sebastian M. Schellong -- Risk stratification of pulmonary embolism: detection and prognostic impact of right ventricular dysfunction / Stavros V. Knostantinides -- Cardiac biomarkers in the diagnostic workup of pulmonary embolism / Evangelos Giannitsis and Hugo A. Katus -- Importance of a patent foramen ovale / Annette Geibel, Manfred Zehender, and Wolfgang Kasper -- Contemporary diagnostic algorithm for the hemodynamically stable patient with suspected pulmonary embolism / Arnaud Perrier -- Contemporary diagnostic algorithm for the hemodynamically unstable patient with suspected pulmonary embolism / Stavros V. Konstantinides -- Treatment and secondary prophylaxis of venous thromboembolism. Heparin anticoagulation / Graham F. Pineo and Russell D. Hull -- Thrombolysis / Guy Meyer -- Management of the patient with fulminant pulmonary embolism undergoing cardiopulmonary resuscitation / Fabian Spöhr and Bernd W. Böttiger -- Surgical pulmonary embolectomy / Ani C. Anyanwu and Lishan Aklog -- Interventional approaches to the treatment of acute massive pulmonary embolism / Nils Kucher -- Vitamin K antagonists and novel oral anticoagulants / Giancarlo Agnelli and Cecilia Becattini -- Specific aspects. Hereditary and acquired thrombophilia / Hanno Riess -- Venous thromboembolism and cancer / Paolo Prandoni, Anna Falanga, and Andrea Piccioli -- Pulmonary embolism in pregnancy / Simon J. McRae and Shannon M. Bates -- Venous thromboembolism in the era of air travel / Frédéric Lapostolle ... [et al.] -- Chronic thromboembolic pulmonary hypertension / Irene M. Lang and Walter Klepetko.
- From the Publisher: Prepared by the faculty of the National Emergency Airway Management Course, this manual is an expert, practical guide to emergency airway management in any adult or pediatric patient. It offers step-by-step instructions on techniques, drug administration, and prevention and management of complications and includes a complete section on difficult clinical scenarios. The book is packed with easy-to-follow algorithms and diagrams and helpful mnemonics. Each of the Third Edition's chapters includes improved full-color illustrations and updated evidence-based analyses of procedures. A new section geared to the prehospital setting presents current National Association of Emergency Medical Technicians guidelines, including alternative airway devices.
- Manual of neonatal respiratory care. 3rd ed. 2012, SpringerPart 1.Lung Development and Maldevelopment --Development of the Respiratory System --Developmental Lung Anomalies --Part 2.Principles of Mechanical Ventilation --Spontaneous Breathing --Pulmonary Gas Exchange --Oxygen Therapy --Oxygen Toxicity --Pulmonary Mechanics --Basic Principles of Mechanical Ventilation --Classification of Mechanical Ventilation Devices --Ventilator Parameters --Respiratory Gas Conditioning and Humidification --Part 3.Procedures and Techniques --Clinical Examination --Neonatal Resuscitation --Laryngoscopy and Endotracheal Intubation --Vascular Access --Tracheostomy --Part 4.Monitoring the Ventilated Patient --Continuous Monitoring Techniques --Pulse Oximetry --Interpretation of Blood Gases --Neonatal Pulmonary Graphics --Radiography --Transillumination --Echocardiography --Bronchoscopy --Part 5.Non-Invasive Ventilatory Techniques --Nasal Cannula Therapy --Continuous Positive Airway Pressure --Non-invasive Ventilation --Part 6.Ventilatory Modes and Modalities --Positive End-Expiratory Pressure --Intermittent Mandatory Ventilation --Synchronized Intermittent Mandatory Ventilation --Assist/Control Ventilation --Volume-Targeted Ventilation --Pressure Control Ventilation --Pressure Support Ventilation --Proportional Assist Ventilation --Part 7.High-Frequency Ventilation --High-Frequency Ventilation: General Concepts --High-Frequency Jet Ventilation --High-Frequency Oscillatory Ventilation --Part 8.Commonly Used Neonatal Ventilators --VIP Bird Gold Ventilator --AVEA Ventilator --Bear Cub 750PSV --Newport Wave --Newport e360 --Dräger Babylog VN500 Infant and Pediatric Ventilator --SERVO-i Ventilator and Neurally Adjusted Ventilatory Assist (NAVA) --SLE5000 and SLE4000 Infant Ventilators --Bunnell Life Pulse High-Frequency Jet Ventilator --Sensormedics 3100A High-Frequency Oscillatory Ventilator --Part 9.Adjunctive Therapies --Hemodynamic Support --Nutritional Support of the Ventilated Infant --Surfactant Replacement Therapy --Pharmacologic Agents --Automatic Control of Oxygen Delivery --Sedation and Analgesia --Inhaled Nitric Oxide Therapy --Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation --Liquid Ventilation for Neonatal Respiratory Failure --Part 10.Management of Common Neonatal Respiratory Diseases --Mechanisms of Respiratory Failure --Tissue Hypoxia --Indications for Mechanical Ventilation --Respiratory Distress Syndrome --Pneumonia --Meconium Aspiration Syndrome --Persistent Pulmonary Hypertension of the Newborn --Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia --Pulmonary Hypoplasia/Agenesis --Apnea Syndromes --Weaning and Extubation --Part 11.Bronchopulmonary Dysplasia --Etiology and Pathogenesis --Management --Long-Term Outcome of Newborns with Bronchopulmonary Dysplasia --Part 12.Complications Associated With Mechanical Ventilation --Thoracic Air Leaks --Patent Ductus Arteriosus --Neonatal Pulmonary Hemorrhage --Retinopathy of Prematurity --Neurologic Complications of Mechanical Ventilation --Part 13.Other Considerations --Nursing Care of the Ventilated Infant --Transport of Ventilated Babies --Home Ventilation --Discharge Planning and Follow-Up of the NICU Graduate --Part 14.Ethical and Legal Considerations --Initiation of Life Support at the Border of Viability --Withdrawal of Ventilatory Support --Medical Liability, Documentation, and Risk Management --Part 15.Research and the Literature --Interpreting Medical Literature.
- The role of ion channels in hypoxic pulmonary vasoconstriction / E. Kenneth Weir ... [et al.] -- Two-pore domain K channels and their role in chemoreception / Keith J. Buckler -- Intricate interaction between store-operated calcium entry and calcium-activated chloride channels in pulmonary artery smooth muscle cells / Abigail S. Forrest ... [et al.] -- The role of intracellular ion channels in regulating cytoplasmic calciumin pulmonary arterial mmooth [i.e. smooth] muscle : which store and where? / A. Mark Evans -- Ca2 oscillations regulate contraction of intrapulmonary smooth muscle cells / Michael J. Sanderson, Yan Bai, and Jose Perez-Zoghbi -- Introduction to TRP channels : structure, function, and regulation / Michael Y. Song and Jason S.-J. Yuan -- Physiological functions of transient receptor potential channels in pulmonary arterial smooth muscle cells / Xiao-Ru Yang, Mo-Jun Lin, and James S.K. Sham -- The contribution of TRPC1 and STIM1 to capacitative Ca2 entry in pulmonary artery / Lih Chyuan Ng, Judith A. Airey, and Joseph R. Hume -- Store-operated calcium entry channels in pulmonary endothelium : the emerging story of TRPCS and Orai1 / Donna L. Cioffi, Christina Barry, and Troy Stevens -- TRPM2 channel regulates endothelial barrier function / Claudie M. Hecquet, Gias U. Ahmmed, and Asrar B. Malik -- A proposed mitochondrial-metabolic mechanism for initiation and maintenance of pulmonary arterial hypertension in fawn-hooded rats : the Warburg model of pulmonary arterial hypertension / Jalees Rehman and Stephen L. Archer -- The role of classical transient receptor potential channels in the regulation of hypoxic pulmonary vasoconstriction / B. Fuchs ... [et al.] -- Developmental regulation of oxygen sensing and ion channels in the pulmonary vasculature / David N. Cornfield -- Hypoxic regulation of ion channels and transporters in pulmonary vascular smooth muscle / Larissa A. Shimoda -- CLC-3 chloride channels in the pulmonary vasculature / Joseph R. Hume ... [et al.] -- Role of bone morphogenetic protein receptors in the development of pulmonary arterial hypertension / Nicholas W. Morrell -- Cross talk between Smad, MAPK, and actin in the etiology of pulmonary arterial hypertension / James West -- Notch signaling in pulmonary hypertension / Patricia A. Thistlethwaite, Xiaodong Li, and Xiaoxue Zhang -- Rho kinase-mediated vasoconstriction in pulmonary hypertension / Ivan F. McMurtry ... [et al.] -- The serotonin hypothesis of pulmonary hypertension revisited / Margaret R. MacLean and Yvonne Dempsie -- Impaired vascular endothelial growth factor signaling in the pathogenesis of neonatal pulmonary vascular disease / Steven H. Abman -- Mitochondrial regulation of oxygen sensing / Navdeep S. Chandel -- Reactive oxygen species and RhoA signaling in vascular smooth muscle : role in chronic hypoxia-induced pulmonary hypertension / Thomas C. Resta, Brad R.S. Broughton, and Nikki L. Jernigan -- Polyamine regulatory pathways as pharmacologic targets in pulmonary arterial hypertension / Mark N. Gillespie and Jack W. Olson -- 5-HT receptors and Kv channel internalization / Angel Cogolludo and Francisco Perez-Vizcaino -- KCNQ potassium channels : new targets for pulmonary vasodilator drugs? / Alison M. Gurney, Shreena Joshi, and Boris Manoury -- Receptor tyrosine kinase inhibitors in rodent pulmonary hypertension / Liliana Moreno-Vinasco and Joe G.N. Garcia -- PDGF receptor and its antagonists : role in treatment of PAH / Friedrich Grimminger and Ralph Theo Schermuly -- PPAR[gamma] and the pathobiology of pulmonary arterial hypertension / Marlene Rabinovitch -- Targeting TASK-1 channels as a therapeutic approach / Andrea Olschewski -- Pharmacological targets for pulmonary vascular disease : vasodilation versus anti-remodelling / Matthew Thomas.
- Models of exacerbations in asthma and COPD 2007, KargerExacerbations of asthma and COPD: definitions, clinical manifestations, and epidemiology / O'Byrne, P.M. -- Human rhinovirus models in asthma / Singh, A.M., Busse, W.W. -- Allergen inhalation challenge: a human model of asthma exacerbation / Gauvreau, G.M., Evans, M.Y. -- Cellular and animals models for rhinovirus infection in asthma / Xatzipsalti, M., Papadopoulos, N.G. -- Modeling responses to respiratory house dust mite exposure / Cates, E.C. ... [et al.] -- Respiratory syncytial virus-induced pulmonary disease and exacerbation of allergic asthma / Lukacs, N.W. ... [et al.] --Lipopolysaccharide challenge of humans as a model for chronic obstructive lung disease exacerbations / Kharitonov, S.A., Sjöbring, U. -- A human rhinovirus model of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease exacerbations / Contoli, M. ... [et al.] -- Animal models of cigarette smoke-induced chronic obstructive lung disease / Churg, A., Wright, J.L. -- Animal models of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease exacerbations / Gaschler, G.J. ... [et al.].
- Molecular basis of pulmonary disease 2010, SpringerClinical approach to rare lung diseases -- Clinical trials for rare lung diseases -- Idiopathic and familial pulmonary arterial hypertension -- Lymphangioleiomyomatosis -- Autoimmune pulmonary alveolar proteinosis -- Mutations in surfactant protein C and interstitial lung disease -- Hereditary haemorrhagic telangiectasia -- Hermansky-Pudlak Syndrome -- Alpha-1 antitrypsin deficiency -- Marfan syndrome -- Surfactant deficiency disorders: SP-B and ABCA3 -- Pulmonary capillary hemangiomatosis -- Anti-glomerular basement disease: Goodpasture's Syndrome -- Primary ciliary dyskinesia -- Pulmonary alveolar microlithiasis -- Cystic fibrosis -- Pulmonary Langerhans' cell histiocytosis: advances in the understanding of a true dendritic cell lung disease -- Sarcoidosis -- Scleroderma lung disease.
- Molecular pathology of lung cancer 2012, Springer
- Molecular pathology of lung diseases 2008, SpringerSection 1. Basic Concepts of Molecular Pathology -- Genes, Gene Products, and Transcription Factors / Philip T. Cagle -- Receptors, Signaling Pathways, Cell Cycle, and DNA Damage Repair / Philip T. Cagle -- Cell Adhesion Molecules / Timothy Craig Allen and Philip T. Cagle -- Apoptosis and Cell Death: Relevance to Lung / Pothana Saikumar and Rekha Kar -- Roles of Mutation and Epimutation in the Development of Lung Disease / William B. Coleman -- Section 2. Techniques and Experimental Systems in Molecular Pathology -- Bioinformatics and Omics / Timothy Craig Allen and Philip T. Cagle -- General Approach to Molecular Pathology / Gregory L. Blakey and Daniel H. Farkas -- Applications of Molecular Tests in Anatomic Pathology / Jennifer L. Hunt and Sanja Dacic -- Polymerase Chain Reaction and Reverse Transcription-Polymerase Chain Reaction / Dwight Oliver -- Array Comparative Genomic Hybridization in Pathology / Reinhard Ullmann -- Loss of Heterozygosity in Lung Diseases / Sharon C. Presnell -- In Situ Hybridization: Principles and Applications for Pulmonary Medicine / Kevin C. Halling and Amy J. Wendel -- Proteomics / Larry Fowler and Wieslaw Furmaga -- Animal Models of Lung Disease / Roberto Barrios -- Tissue Culture Models / Roger A. Vertrees, Thomas Goodwin, Jeffrey M. Jordan and Joseph B. Zwischenberger -- Section 3. Molecular Pathology of Pulmonary and Pleural Neoplasms: General Principles -- Molecular Oncogenesis of Lung Cancer / Arwen A. Stelter and Jingwu Xie -- Genetic Susceptibility / Philip T. Cagle and Timothy Craig Allen -- Prognostic Markers / Anna Sienko, Timothy Craig Allen and Philip T. Cagle -- Pulmonary Angiogenesis in Neoplastic and Nonneoplastic Disorders / Michael P. Keane and Robert M. Strieter -- Lung Cancer Stem Cells / Timothy Craig Allen and Philip T. Cagle -- Gene Therapy Approaches for Lung Cancer / Jack A. Roth -- Response to Conventional Therapy and Targeted Molecular Therapy / Timothy Craig Allen, Anna Sienko and Philip T. Cagle -- Environmental Agents in Lung and Pleural Neoplasms / Steven R. Blumen and Brooke T. Mossman -- Viral Oncogenesis / Cindy Noel Berthelot and Stephen K. Tyring --Section 4. Molecular Pathology of Pulmonary and Pleural Neoplasms: Specific Histologic Types -- Adenocarcinoma and Its Precursor Lesions / Helmut H. Popper -- Molecular Pathology of Squamous Cell Carcinoma and Its Precursors / Soon-Hee Jung, Bihong Zhao, Li Mao and Jae Y. Ro -- Molecular Pathology of Large Cell Carcinoma and Its Precursors / Jennifer A. Eleazar and Alain C. Borczuk -- Small Cell Carcinoma / Elisabeth Brambilla -- Neuroendocrine Carcinomas and Precursors / Elisabeth Brambilla -- Pulmonary Lymphomas / Candice C. Black, Norman B. Levy and Gregory J. Tsongalis -- Posttransplantation Lymphoproliferative Disorder / Aamir Ehsan and Jennifer L. Herrick -- Unusual Benign and Malignant Neoplasms of Lung: Molecular Pathology / Dongfeng Tan, Guoping Wang and Sadir Alrawi -- Primary Versus Metastatic Cancer: Gene Expression Profiling / Jaishree Jagirdar and Philip T. Cagle -- Diffuse Malignant Mesothelioma: Genetic Pathways and Mechanisms of Oncogenesis of Asbestos and Other Agents That Cause Mesotheliomas / Françoise Galateau-Sallé and Jean Michel Vignaud -- Molecular Pathology of Pediatric Tumors of the Lung / Josefine M. Heim-Hall -- Section 5. Molecular Pathology of Pulmonary Infections -- Basis of Susceptibility to Lung Infection / Frank C. Schmalstieg and Armond S. Goldman -- Molecular Pathology of Viral Respiratory Diseases / Geoffrey A. Land -- Molecular Pathology of Rickettsial Lung Infections / J. Stephen Dumler -- Bacteria / Nabin K. Shrestha and Gary W. Procop -- Immunopathology of Tuberculosis / Jeffrey K. Actor, Robert L. Hunter and Chinnaswamy Jagannath -- Molecular Pathology of Fungal Lung Infection / Michael R. McGinnis, Michael B. Smith and Abida K. Haque -- Parasites / Juan P. Olano --Section 6. Molecular Pathology of Other Nonneoplastic Pulmonary Diseases: General Principles -- Inflammation / Armando E. Fraire -- Oxidants and Antioxidants / Hanzhong Liu and Gary A. Visner -- Epithelial Repair and Regeneration / Steven L. Brody and Jeffrey J. Atkinson -- Fibrogenesis / John S. Munger and William N. Rom -- Stem Cells in Nonneoplastic Lung Disorders / Dani S. Zander -- Gene Therapy in Nonneoplastic Lung Disease / Timothy Craig Allen and Philip T. Cagle -- Section 7. Molecular Pathology of Other Nonneoplastic Pulmonary Diseases: Specific Entities -- Smoking-Related Lung Diseases / Manuel G. Cosio and Helmut H. Popper -- Heritable α1-Antitrypsin Deficiency / Richard N. Sifers -- Asthma / David B. Corry and Farrah Kheradmand -- Cystic Fibrosis / Annick Clement, Harriet Corvol and Brigitte Fauroux -- Pulmonary Organogenesis and Developmental Abnormalities / Timothy Craig Allen and Philip T. Cagle -- Genetic Abnormalities of Surfactant Metabolism / Lawrence M. Nogee and Susan E. Wert -- Usual Interstitial Pneumonia / Marco Chilosi, Bruno Murer and Venerino Poletti -- Sarcoidosis: Are There Sarcoidosis Genes? / Helmut H. Popper -- Histiocytic Diseases of the Lung / Carol Farver and Tracey L. Bonfield -- Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension / Wim Timens -- Immunopathology of Pulmonary Vasculitides / Steven N. Emancipator, Philip T. Cagle and Abida K. Haque -- Asbestosis and Silicosis / Philip T. Cagle and Timothy Craig Allen.
- MRI of the lung 2009, Springer
- Murray and Nadel's Textbook of respiratory medicine. 5th ed. 2010, MD Consult
- Neurobiology of respiration 2013, SpringerAltered histone deacetylase activity and iNOS expression in cells isolated from induced sputum of COPD patients treated with tiotropium -- Involvement of NF-[kappa]B and muscle specific E3 ubiquitin ligase MuRF1 in cigarette smoke-induced catabolism in C2 myotubes -- Siglec-8 in induced sputum of COPD patients -- Essential amino acid leucine and proteasome inhibitor MG132 attenuate cigarette smoke induced catabolism in C2 myotubes -- Smoking denial in cardiovascular disease studies -- Differential effects of kainic acid lesions in medullary raphe on cough and sneeze in anesthetized rabbits -- Detection of Chlamydophila pneumoniae antigens in patients with chronic cough -- Antioxidant activity of herbal polysaccharides and cough reflex -- Cytoglobin and neuroglobin in the human brainstem and carotid body -- Flow cytometry in the diagnosis of influenza -- Accuracy of rapid influenza detection test in diagnosis of influenza A and B viruses in children less than 59 months old -- Virological monitoring of influenza activity and influenza-like illness in the epidemic season 2011-2012 in Poland -- Incidence of Chlamydophila pneumoniae infection in children during 2007-2010 -- Clinical features and outcomes of influenza A and B infections in children -- Respiratory complications in children hospitalized with Varicella -- Hyponatremia in children hospitalized due to pneumonia -- In vitro sensitivity of Acinetobacter baumannii and Pseudomonas aeruginosa to carbapenems among intensive care unit patients -- Prevalence of acute respiratory tract diseases among soldiers deployed for military operations in Iraq and Afghanistan --In vitro susceptibility of Staphylococci and Enterococci to vancomycin and teicoplanin -- Sinusitis in people living in the Medieval Ages -- Immunization coverage against capsular bacteria in splenectomized patients -- Umbilical cord blood gas content, postnatal state of neonates, and lactation after caesarean and natural childbirth -- Respiratory function in pregnant women -- Lung function in patients with gastro-esophageal reflux disease and respiratory symptoms -- Efficacy of noninvasive mechanical ventilation in obese patients with chronic respiratory failure -- Near-infrared hemoencephalography for monitoring blood oxygenation in prefrontal cortical areas in diagnosis and therapy of developmental dyslexia -- Occlusal stabilization splint therapy in orofacial pain and tension-type headache -- Dynamics of upper airways during the Müller maneuver in healthy subjects: a cine MRI study -- EMG analysis of human inspiratory muscle resistance to fatigue during exercise -- Assessment of temporomandibular joint disease -- Spirometry Day: a means to enhance social knowledge on respiratory diseases -- Lung function in divers -- Influence of traffic-related air pollutants on lung function -- Fractional exhaled nitric oxide in clinical trials: an overview -- Real-time breath analysis in type 2 diabetes patients during cognitive effort -- Exhaled nitric oxide in specific inhalation challenge -- Integration of simulated multipotential signals: the role of integration window width and of the number of spikes --Functional and topographic concordance of right atrial neural structures inducing sinus tachycardia -- Occurrence of disseminated intravascular coagulation in 2,3,7,8-tetrachlorodibenzo-p-dioxin-induced pneumonia in the rat -- Implementation of non-invasive methods in the diagnosis of diisocyanate-induced asthma -- Evaluation of a 4-steps-1-day whole body challenge protocol for the diagnosis of occupational asthma due to diisocyanates -- Occupational allergic respiratory diseases in garbage workers: relevance of molds and actinomycetes -- Th1, Th2, Th17, and regulatory cytokines in children with different clinical forms of allergy -- Soluble receptor for urokinase plasminogen activator in community-acquired pneumonia in children -- Hypersensitivity pneumonitis due to metalworking fluids: how to find the antigens -- Angiogenic axis angiopoietin-1 and angiopoietin-2/tie-2 in non-small cell lung cancer: a bronchoalveolar lavage and serum study -- Cancer incidence in pulmonary vasculitis -- Influence of delays in diagnosis and treatment on survival in small cell lung cancer -- Familial idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis -- High resolution computed tomography in 2-year follow-up of stage I sarcoidosis -- Altruistic aptitude: age-dependent influence of temperament and emotional intelligence -- Effect of socio-economic status on quality of life in people affected with respiratory allergy -- Exposure to paracetamol and antibiotics in early life and elevated risk of asthma in childhood -- Health behaviors and quality of life among patients with chronic respiratory disease -- Attitudes toward euthanasia among Polish physicians, nurses and people who have no professional experience with the terminally ill -- Death as a result of violent asphyxia in autopsy reports -- Respiratory and systemic infections in children with severe aplastic anemia on immunosupressive therapy.
- New drugs and targets for asthma and COPD 2010, Karger
- New frontiers in respiratory control 2010, Springer
- Noninvasive mechanical ventilation 2010, Springer
- Occupational asthma 2010, Springer
- Paediatric bronchoscopy 2010, KargerThis book provides an in-depth 'state-of-the-art' critical review of the technique and the applications of flexible and rigid bronchoscopy to infants and children. Written by an international panel of experts, it reviews the technical aspects of the procedure, its common and highly specialized applications as well as its potential alternatives. The chapters are enhanced by a wealth of original figures. A major innovation of the book is the inclusion of online videos from actual bronchoscopies that further illustrate and elaborate on the information provided in the text. The book is addressed to paediatric pulmonologists and otorhinolaryngologists, both experienced and in training, as well as to other personnel who are involved in the performance of the procedures. In addition, it is recommended to pulmonologists for adults and general paediatricians who need to be able to evaluate the usefulness of bronchoscopy for their patients and be aware of its limitations and potential contra-indications.
- Paediatric pulmonary function testing 2005, kargerThe peculiarities of infant respiratory physiology / Hammer, J., Eber, E. -- Tidal breathing measurements / Lodrup Carlsen, K.C., Carlsen, K.-H. -- Respiratory mechanics / Davis, S.D., Gappa, M., Rosenfeld, M. -- Forced expiratory flow-volume measurements / Modl, M., Eber, E. -- Infant whole-body plethysmography / Gappa, M., Heulskamp, G. -- Measurement of functional residual capacity and ventilation inhomogeneity by gas dilution techniques / Gustafsson, P.M., Ljungberg, H. -- Techniques for the measurement of lung function in toddlers and preschool children / Hall, G.L., Brookes, I.M. -- Applications and future directions of infant pulmonary function testing / Stocks, J., Lum, S. -- Spirometry: volume-time and flow-volume curves / Eber, E., Zach, M.S. --Plethysmography and gas dilution techniques / Marchal, F., Schweitzer, C. -- Reference equations for ventilatory function measurements in children from 6 to 16 years / Merkus, P.J.F.M. -- Measurement of bronchial responsiveness in children / Barben, J., Riedler, J. -- Measurements of respiratory muscle function in children / Fauroux, B., Lofaso, F. -- Measurements of thoraco-abdominal asynchrony and work of breathing in children / Newth, C.J.L., Hammer, J. -- Lung diffusion capacity / de Jongste, J.C., Merkus, P.J.F.M., Stam, H. -- Measurement of exhaled nitric oxide / Kharitonov, S.A. -- Measurement of nasal nitric oxide / Corbelli, R., Hammer, J. -- Exhaled breath condensate and other markers in exhaled air / Moeller, A., Kielbasa, B. --Childhood asthma and wheezing disorders / Basek, P., Straub, D., Wildhaber, J.H. -- Cystic fibrosis / Ratjen, F. -- Lung transplantation in pediatric patients / Tablizo, M.A., Woo, M.S. -- Neuromuscular disorders / Mellies, U., Dohna-Schwake, C. -- Paediatric oncology and bone marrow transplantation / Cerveri, I. ... [et al.] -- Long-term sequelae of neonatal lung disease / Trachsel, D., Coates, A.L. -- Pulmonary function testing in the neonatal and paediatric intensive care unit / Hammer, J., Newth, C.J.L.
- Pediatric thoracic surgery 2009, Springer
- Pharmacology and therapeutics of cough 2009, Springer
- Pharmacotherapy in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease 2004, CRCnetBASEProviding evidence of therapeutic benefit in clinical drug development / Steven Kesten and Theodore J. Witek -- Use of expiratory airflows and lung volumes to assess outcomes in COPD / Gary T. Ferguson -- Exercise testing / Denis E. O'Donnell and Katherine A. Webb -- Sleep-related breathing disturbances in COPD / Walter T. McNicholas -- Airway and alveolar determinants of airflow limitation in COPD / Noe Zamel -- Gas exchange / Antoni Ferrer, Joan Albert Barberá, and Roberto Rodriguez-Roisin -- Genetics of COPD / Jian-Quing He, Ikuma Kasuga, and Peter D. Paré -- Dyspnea / Donald A. Mahler -- Exacerbations of COPD / Jadwiga A. Wedzicha -- Health status measurement in COPD / Paul W. Jones -- Health resource utilization / Mitchell Friedman -- Anticholinergics / Peter J. Barnes -- β-adrenergic receptor agonist bronchodilators in the treatment of COPD / Stephen I. Rennard -- Theophylline and phosphodiesterase inhibitors in COPD / Alicia R. ZuWallack and Richard L. ZuWallack -- Corticosteroids in COPD / Mario Cazzola, Maria Gabriella Matera, and Romain Pauwels -- Antioxidants and protease inhibitors / Mario Cazzola and Maria Gabriella Matera -- An integrated approach to the pharmacological therapy of COPD / Bartolome R. Celli.
- Pleural diseases. 5th ed. 2007, Ovid
- Population-based research in South Wales 2002, Wellcome
- Practical handbook of thoracic anesthesia 2012, Springer
- Pulmonary cytopathology 2009, Springer
- Pulmonary function tests in clinical practice 2009, Springer
- Pulmonary problems in pregnancy 2009, SpringerNormal pregnancy -- Physiological transition from fetal to neonatal life in pregnancy -- Respiratory physiology in pregnancy -- High altitude, chronic hypoxia, and pregnancy -- Sleep physiology in pregnancy -- General management principles in pregnancy -- Diagnostic imaging in pregnancy -- Prescribing in pregnancy and lactation -- Monitoring fetal well-being in the critical care setting -- Anesthetic considerations in pregnant patients with pulmonary disorders -- Pulmonary disorders in pregnancy -- Obstructive sleep apnea in pregnancy -- Restless legs syndrome and periodic limb movement disorder in pregnancy -- Asthma in pregnancy -- Tuberculosis and pregnancy -- Pneumonia in the pregnant patient -- Chronic pulmonary disease and pregnancy -- Neuromuscular and chest wall diseases in pregnancy -- Pregnancy and the cystic fibrosis patient -- Pulmonary complications of collagen vascular disease in pregnancy -- Venous thromboembolism in pregnancy -- Pulmonary arterial hypertension in pregnancy -- Pulmonary procedures during pregnancy -- Critical illness in pregnancy -- Acute lung injury in pregnancy -- Airway management and mechanical ventilation in pregnancy.
- Respiratory disease and its management 2009, Springer
- Respiratory regulation - clinical advances 2013, Springer
- Respiratory regulation - the molecular approach 2013, Springer
- Respiratory syncytial virus. 1st ed. 2007, ScienceDirect
- SARSReference. 3rd ed.- 2003-, Flying PublisherSARS reference is a medical textbook that provides a comprehensive and up-to-date overview of severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS).
- Sleep-related breathing disorders 2003, CRCnetBASE
- Therapy in sleep medicine 2012, ScienceDirectIntroduction to sleep medicine -- Background to sleep medicine therapeutics -- Pharmacology principles -- Insomnias -- Sleep-related breathing disorders -- Central hypersomnolence -- Movement disorders affecting sleep -- Circadian rhythm disorders -- Therapy in pediatric sleep-related disorders -- Parasomnias in adults -- Sleep-related medical disorders -- Neurologic disorders and sleep -- Therapy of sleep disturbances associated with psychiatric disorders -- Special situations and the future -- Appendix: Effects of drugs on sleep.
- Toman's Tuberculosis. 2nd ed. 2004, WHO
- Toxicology of the lung. 4th ed. 2006, CRCnetBASE
- Tuberculosis prevalence surveys 2011, WHOPart I. Rationale and objectives -- Chapter 1. What, why, where and how? -- Chapter 2. Survey goal, objectives and indicators -- Part II. Design and methods -- Chapter 3. Protocol development and standard operating procedures -- Chapter 4. Case definitions and screening strategies -- Chapter 5. Sampling design -- Chapter 6. Interviews, data collection tools and informed consent -- Chapter 7. Chest radiography -- Chapter 8. Bacteriology -- Chapter 9. Repeat surveys -- Chapter 10. Ethical considerations -- Chapter 11. TB treatment, HIV testing and other critical interventions -- Chapter 12. Budgeting and financing -- Part III. Management, organization, logistics and field work -- Chapter 13. Survey organization and training -- Chapter 14. Field operations -- Chapter 15. Documents and data management -- Part IV. Analysis and reporting -- Chapter 16. Analysis and reporting.
- Understanding mechanical ventilation. 2nd ed. 2010, SpringerHistorical Aspects of Mechanical Ventilation / Ashfaq Hasan -- The Indications for Mechanical Ventilation / Ashfaq Hasan -- Physiological Considerations in the Mechanically Ventilated Patient / Ashfaq Hasan -- The Conventional Modes of Mechanical Ventilation / Ashfaq Hasan -- Ventilator Settings / Ashfaq Hasan -- Ventilator Alarms / Ashfaq Hasan -- Monitoring Gas Exchange in the Mechanically Ventilated Patient / Ashfaq Hasan -- Monitoring Lung Mechanics in the Mechanically Ventilated Patient / Ashfaq Hasan -- Mechanical Ventilation in Specific Disorders / Ashfaq Hasan -- The Complications of Mechanical Ventilation / Ashfaq Hasan -- Ventilator-Associated Pneumonia / Ashfaq Hasan -- Discontinuation of Mechanical Ventilation / Ashfaq Hasan -- Noninvasive Ventilation in Acute Respiratory Failure / Ashfaq Hasan -- Negative Pressure Ventilation / Ashfaq Hasan -- Airway Humidification in the Mechanically Ventilated Patient / Ashfaq Hasan -- Aerosol Therapy in the Mechanically Ventilated Patient / Ashfaq Hasan -- Nonconventional Modes and Adjunctive Therapies for Mechanical Ventilation / Ashfaq Hasan -- Case Studies / Ashfaq Hasan.
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- AAP Red Book Online
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Sabiston Textbook of Surgery
- Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics
- Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics
- Mandell, Douglas, & Bennett's Principles & Practice of Infectious Diseases
- Red Book Online
- ICU Book
- Primary Care Medicine
- Campbell-Walsh Urology
Shortcut to Licensed Content
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Links” (IE7) or “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
Shortcut for iPhone
What is it?
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) gives you access to resources licensed by the library even when you're not coming from a Lane or a Stanford IP address.
While we'd like Lane to be your gateway to our licensed content, we recognize that links to books, articles and journals come from a variety of different sources (Google, your email, RSS reader, etc.).
When installed, it will look your browser bookmark.
At the page you would like to proxy, click the "Lane Gateway to Licensed Content" to invoke it.
If Lane licenses that content, you'll get access as if you were on campus.
How does it work?
This allows you to view the URL as though you were on campus, giving you access to materials licensed for use by the Stanford academic community.
If you're not authenticated, you'll be prompted for your SUNetID and password.
Don't see the Toolbar, Bookmarks, or Links or Favorites bar?
From the "View" menu, select "Toolbars" & choose "Bookmarks Toolbar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Show Bookmarks Bar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Always Show Bookmarks Bar"
- Right-click in a clear area near the browser address bar
- In the menu, check a box next "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites" (IE8, IE9)
- Managing IE Favorites
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) only works with resources Lane has licensed and configured to work with our proxy server.
If invoked on a resource we do not license and/or have not yet configured, you will see an error message:
The Lane proxy server cannot complete your request because this host has not been configured properly.
We make no attempt to configure our proxy server for every resource, only those we license and for which a Stanford IP address grants access.
Drag this button onto your browser toolbar to install.
- Right click this button
- Select "Add to Favorites", click "Continue" if you see a security alert
- In "Create in" menu, select "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites Bar" (IE8, IE9) to install
Drag this button onto Safari Bookmarks bar to install.
Can't find it?
- Springer Protocols
- MD Consult
- Lange Series
- National Academy Press
- NCBI Bookshelf
- Thieme Atlases
Editor: Jianfang, Zhang
Translated & Donated by Muoi Arnold and Keith Arnold former Stanford faculty