Books by Subject
- Brain-body-mind in the nebulous Cartesian system 2011, Springer
- GABA and sleep 2010, SpringerPart 1. Basic Physiology and Pharmacology -- Physiology and Pharmacology of the GABA System: Focus on GABA Receptors / Hanns Möhler -- Development of Subtype-Selective GABAA Receptor Compounds for the Treatment of Anxiety, Sleep Disorders and Epilepsy / John R. Atack -- Distribution of GABAA Receptor Subunits in the Human Brain / H. J Waldvogel, K Baer and R. L. M. Faull -- Pharmacokinetic Determinants of the Clinical Effects of Benzodiazepine Agonist Hypnotics / David J. Greenblatt -- Part 2. Sleep Science and Circuitry -- Sleep and Its Modulation by Substances That Affect GABAA Receptor Function / Axel Steiger -- Subcortical Neuromodulation of Feedforward and Feedback Inhibitory Microcircuits by the Reticular Activating System / J. Josh Lawrence -- Function of GABAB and ρ-Containing GABAA Receptors (GABAC Receptors) in the Regulation of Basic and Higher Integrated Sleep-Waking Processes / Claude Gottesmann -- Interactions Between GABAergic and Serotonergic Processes in the Dorsal Raphe Nucleus in the Control of REM Sleep and Wakefulness / Jaime M. Monti -- GABA-ergic Modulation of Pontine Cholinergic and Noradrenergic Neurons for REM Sleep Generation / Dinesh Pal and Birendra Nath Mallick -- Involvement of GABAergic Mechanisms in the Laterodorsal and Pedunculopontine Tegmental Nuclei (LDT-PPT) in the Promotion of REM Sleep / Pablo Torterolo and Giancarlo Vanini --GABAergic Mechanisms in the Ventral Oral Pontine Tegmentum: The REM Sleep-Induction Site - in the Modulation of Sleep-Wake States / Fernando Reinoso-Suárez, Carmen de la Roza, Margarita L Rodrigo-Angulo, Isabel de Andrés and Ángel Núñez, et al. -- The Role of GABAergic Modulation of Mesopontine Cholinergic Neurotransmission in Rapid Eye Movement (REM) Sleep / Gerald A Marks and Christopher M Sinton -- Melatonin and Sleep: Possible Involvement of GABAergic Mechanisms / Daniel P. Cardinali, S. R. Pandi-Perumal, Lennard P. Niles and Gregory M. Brown -- GABA Involvement in the Circadian Regulation of Sleep / J. Christopher Ehlen, Daniel L. Hummer, Ketema N. Paul and H. Elliott Albers -- Part 3. Neurotherapeutics -- Pathophysiology of Sleep Disorders / Thomas C. Wetter, Pierre A. Beitinger, Marie E. Beitinger and Bastian Wollweber -- Insomnia: Differential Diagnosis and Current Treatment Approach / J. F Pagel and Gerald Kram -- Zolpidem in the Treatment of Adult and Elderly Primary Insomnia Patients / Luc Staner, Françoise Cornette, Sarah Otmani, Jean -François Nedelec and Philippe Danjou -- Efficacy and Safety of Zopiclone and Eszopiclone in the Treatment of Primary and Comorbid Insomnia / Jadwiga S. Najib -- Indiplon / David N. Neubauer -- Polysomnographic and Clinical Assessment of Zaleplon for the Treatment of Primary Insomnia / Joseph Barbera and Colin Shapiro.
- Handbook of consultation-liaison psychiatry 2007, Springer
- Handbook of sleep medicine. 2nd ed. 2011, Ovid"The handbook offers practical and easily referenced algorithmic flow diagrams. It provides the flexibility of a quick, easily referenced guideline whereas the chapters provide specific diagnostic tools and detailed reviews of treatments"--Provided by publisher.
- Human sleep and cognition. Part II, Clinical and applied research. 1st ed. 2011., ScienceDirectThere is a critical, bidirectional relationship between sleep and cognition, yet the literature in this area is scattered and it is surprisingly difficult to find a comprehensive overview of the basic principles, latest discoveries, and outstanding challenges. This issue of Progress in Brain Research is spilt over 2 volumes bringing together cutting-edge research on the topic in the basic, clinical and applied sciences. The 2 volumes review current knowledge and understanding, provide a starting point for researchers and practitioners entering the field, and build a platform for further re
- Meaningful information 2011, Springer
- Narcolepsy 2011, Springer
- Neurobiology of attention 2005, ScienceDirect
- Neurobiology of mental illness. 2nd ed. 2004, MyiLibrary
- Neuropsychological assessments of dementia in Down syndrome and intellectual disabilities 2009, Springer
- On suffering 2011, ebraryThe first book to address issues of suffering as separate from pain that require psychologically and culturally sensitive interventions
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- AAP Red Book Online
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Sabiston Textbook of Surgery
- Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics
- Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics
- Mandell, Douglas, & Bennett's Principles & Practice of Infectious Diseases
- Red Book Online
- ICU Book
- Primary Care Medicine
- Campbell-Walsh Urology
Shortcut to Licensed Content
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Links” (IE7) or “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
Shortcut for iPhone
What is it?
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) gives you access to resources licensed by the library even when you're not coming from a Lane or a Stanford IP address.
While we'd like Lane to be your gateway to our licensed content, we recognize that links to books, articles and journals come from a variety of different sources (Google, your email, RSS reader, etc.).
When installed, it will look your browser bookmark.
At the page you would like to proxy, click the "Lane Gateway to Licensed Content" to invoke it.
If Lane licenses that content, you'll get access as if you were on campus.
How does it work?
This allows you to view the URL as though you were on campus, giving you access to materials licensed for use by the Stanford academic community.
If you're not authenticated, you'll be prompted for your SUNetID and password.
Don't see the Toolbar, Bookmarks, or Links or Favorites bar?
From the "View" menu, select "Toolbars" & choose "Bookmarks Toolbar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Show Bookmarks Bar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Always Show Bookmarks Bar"
- Right-click in a clear area near the browser address bar
- In the menu, check a box next "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites" (IE8, IE9)
- Managing IE Favorites
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) only works with resources Lane has licensed and configured to work with our proxy server.
If invoked on a resource we do not license and/or have not yet configured, you will see an error message:
The Lane proxy server cannot complete your request because this host has not been configured properly.
We make no attempt to configure our proxy server for every resource, only those we license and for which a Stanford IP address grants access.
Drag this button onto your browser toolbar to install.
- Right click this button
- Select "Add to Favorites", click "Continue" if you see a security alert
- In "Create in" menu, select "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites Bar" (IE8, IE9) to install
Drag this button onto Safari Bookmarks bar to install.
Can't find it?
- Springer Protocols
- MD Consult
- Lange Series
- National Academy Press
- NCBI Bookshelf
- Thieme Atlases
Editor: Jianfang, Zhang
Translated & Donated by Muoi Arnold and Keith Arnold former Stanford faculty