Books by Subject
- Adherence to pediatric medical regime...
- — In the pursuit of winning ..............
- Inhibitory control and drug abuse pre...
- — WISC-IV ................................
- WISC-IV clinical use and interpretati...
- — Working memory and education ...........
- Inhibitory control and drug abuse prevention 2011, Springer
- Initial psychotherapy interview 2011, ScienceDirect
- PART 1: Primary care for mental health in context -- Chapter 1. Primary care for mental health within a pyramid of health care -- Chapter 2. Seven good reasons for integrating mental health into primary care -- -- PART 2: Primary care for mental health in practice -- Introduction -- Argentina: Physician-led primary care for mental health in Neuquén province, Patagonia region -- Australia: Integrated mental health care for older people in general practices of inner-city Sydney -- Brazil: Integrated primary care for mental health in the city of Sobral -- Chile: Integrated primary care for mental health in the Macul district of Santiago -- India: Integrated primary care for mental health in the Thiruvananthapuram District, Kerala State -- Islamic Republic of Iran: Nationwide integration of mental health into primary care -- Saudi Arabia: Integrated primary care for mental health in the Eastern Province -- South Africa: Integrated primary care services and a partnership for mental health primary care -- Ehlanzeni District, Mpumalanga Province, and Moorreesburg District, Western Cape Province -- Uganda: Integrated primary care for mental health in the Sembabule District -- United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland: Primary care for mental health for disadvantaged communities in London -- -- Report conclusions -- -- Annex 1: Improving the practice of primary care for mental health
- Part 1. General Introduction -- Part I. The Psychology of Religion and Spirituality: Implications for Education and Wellbeing - An Introduction -- Part II. The Role of Spirituality in Human Development and Identity: An Introduction -- Part III. The Spiritual Dimension in Educational Programs and Environments to Promote Holistic Learning and Wellbeing: An Introduction.
- Internet gambling 2012, Springer
- Interpersonal violence in the African American community 2006, SpringerOffers insights gained through the contributors' individual experiences in family violence prevention and intervention within the African-American community as well as their backgrounds in writing, teaching, training, and researching in this area. This work is useful to professional and clinical settings - as well as a graduate-level study.
- Introduction to forensic psychology. 2nd ed. 2005, ScienceDirect
- Keeping Mozart in mind. 2nd ed. 2004, ScienceDirectHigher brain function : music, mathematics, chess. History, anecdotes, correlations, and interviews ; Spatial-temporal and language-analytic reasoning in learning math and science ; Music enhances spatial-temporal reasoning ; Implications : scientific, educational, clinical -- Structured brain and symmetry. Symmetry as a common theme ; Introduction to the brain : basic brain features and brain imaging ; Mountcastle theory of mammalian cortex : internal neural language of higher brain function ; Trion model and symmetries ; Trion music : reasoning and creativity ; Trion model of higher brain function : prediction that music enhances spatial-temporal reasoning -- Tests of predictions in human behavior. Highly accurate mental rehearsals : correlation with top performance in sports ; Listening to Mozart Sonata (K.448) enhances spatial-temporal reasoning : the "Mozart effect" ; Music training enhances spatial-temporal reasoning in preschool children ; Music training plus spatial-temporal training equals improved math -- Tests from brain imaging and animal studies. EEG and fMRI studies of Mozart effect ; Symmetry in primate higher brain function ; Musical structure of the internal neural language of the brain : using music as the Rosetta stone to help decode this internal language ; Animal behavior while listening to music and doing higher brain functions -- The future of music as a window into higher brain function. Child brain development and adult brain reorganization ; Education : music training plus spatial-temporal training improves math ; Clinical implications ; The spatial-temporal thinking machine ; Thoughts -- New scientific and educational results. Science updates and breakthroughs ; Revolution in math education.
- Knowledge representation and reasoning 2004, ScienceDirectThe language of first-order logic -- Expressing knowledge -- Resolution -- Reasoning with horn clauses -- Procedural control of reasoning -- Rules in production systems -- Object-oriented representation -- Structured descriptions -- Inheritance -- Defaults -- Vagueness, uncertainty, and degrees of belief -- Explanation and diagnosis -- Actions -- Planning -- The tradeoff between expressiveness and tractability.
- Language and the brain 2000, ScienceDirect
- Learning about learning disabilities. 3rd ed. 2004, ScienceDirect
- Learning and teaching on the World Wide Web 2001, ScienceDirect
- Lost self 2005, MyiLibraryThe self as a problem in philosophy and neurobiology / John R. Searle -- The cognitive neuroscience of the self: insights from functional neuroimaging of the normal brain / Seth J. Gillihan and Martha J. Farah -- Neural hierarchies and the self / Todd E. Feinberg -- The frontal lobes and self-awareness / Donald T. Stuss ... [et al.] -- Autobiographical disorders / Esther Fujiwara and Hans J. Markowitsch -- Body image and the self / Georg Goldenberg -- Right-hemisphere pathology and the self: delusional misidentification and reduplication / Todd E. Feinberg ... [et al.].The mirror sign delusional misidentification symptom / Karen Spangenberg Postal -- Disorders of the self in dementia / William W. Seeley and Bruce L. Miller -- Autism -- "Autos": literally, a total focus on the self? / Simon Baron-Cohen -- Recognizing the sensory consequences of one's own actions and delusions of control / Sarah-Jayne Blakemore.The neural correlates of depersonalization: a disorder of self-awareness / Hedy Kober ... [et al.] -- The self in dreams / Antti Revonsuo -- Psychoactive agents and the self / Roy J. Mathew -- Meditation and the self / Hans C. Lou and Troels W. Kjaer -- The enduring self: a first-person account of brain insult survival / J. Allan Hobson.
- Magico-religious groups and ritualistic activities 2008, CRCnetBASE
- Managing depression in clinical practice 2011, SpringerClassification, causes, and epidemiology. Different types of depression ; Causes of depression ; Epidemiology and natural history -- Depression in different types of patients. Depression in children ; Depression in elderly people ; Depression in women ; Depression in patients with comorbid medical conditions -- Diagnosis. Signs and symptoms of depression ; Differential diagnosis ; The patient examination and interview ; Laboratory tests for co-occurring illnesses -- Principles of therapy. Goals of treatment ; Treatment options ; Choice of treatment ; Practicalities of treatment ; Factors affecting response to treatment -- Medications. Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors ; Serotonin and norepinephrine reuptake inhibitors ; Monoamine receptor antagonist drugs ; Norepinephrine reuptake inhibitors ; Dopamine reuptake inhibitors ; Tricyclic antidepressants ; Monoamine oxidase inhibitors ; Other drugs ; Specific adverse effects of antidepressants -- Other treatments. Psychotherapy for depression ; Combination psychotherapy and psychopharmacotherapy for depression ; Physical treatments ; Lifestyle and complementary therapies -- Management of treatment nonresponse. Assessment and principles of management ; Definitions: treatment nonresponse and treatment-resistant depression ; Medication strategies ; Psychological treatment strategies ; Physical treatment strategies -- Continuation and maintenance treatment. Goals of continuation/maintenance treatment ; Phases of treatment ; Medication ; Psychological treatments ; Physical treatments ; Risk factors for relapse and recurrence ; Longer-term treatment in practice.
- MATLAB for psychologists 2012, Springer
- Measures for clinical practice and research. 4th ed. v. 1, 2007., MyiLibraryv. 1. Couples, families, and children -- v. 2. Adults.
- Mechanisms of memory. 2nd ed. 2010, ScienceDirectThis book represents the first step at beginning to put together the complex puzzle of the molecular basis of memory. Sweatt creates a framework of thinking about synaptic plasticity and memory at the molecular level; one which recognizes and begins to incorporate this extreme biochemical complexity into our thinking about memory.
- "The World Health Organization launched Project Atlas in 2000. The objective of this project is to collect, compile and disseminate relevant information on mental health resources in countries. The first set of publications from the project appeared in October 2001; these were updated in 2005. These publications have already established themselves as the most authoritative source of such information globally. Responding to the continued need for accurate information, WHO has fully revised and updated the Atlas" -- Page 5.
- Mental models and the mind 2006, ScienceDirectMental models, sentential reasoning, and illusory inferences / P.N. Johnson-Laird -- Interaction of knowledge and working memory in reasoning about relations / A. Vandierendonck, V. Dierckx & H. Van der Beken -- Mental models in learning situations / N.M. Seel -- Resolving valid multiple model inferences activates a left hemisphere network / R.L. Waechter & V. Goel -- A neuro-cognitive theory of relational reasoning with mental models and visual images / M. Knauff -- Pictures, perception, and mental models / K. Rehkämper -- Emotion, decision, and mehtal models / M. Pauen -- Language processing : construction of mental models or more? / B. Hemforth & L. Konieczny -- Visual imagery, mental models, and reasoning / V. Gottschling -- Mental models as objectual representations / C. Held -- The perceptual nature of mental models / G. Vosgerau.
- Middle ear 2013, SpringerThe middle ear plays a vital role in the sense and sensitivity of hearing. Of the various characteristics that distinguish mammals from other vertebrates, several pertain specifically to the middle-ear system, such as the presence of three middle-ear bones and the four-layer composite structure of the tympanic membrane. The Middle Ear attempts to elucidate the role this system plays in sound transmission, as viewed from both scientific and clinical perspectives.
- Mind's eye 2003, ScienceDirect
- Mindfulness and acceptance in couple and family therapy 2012, Springer
- Models of horizontal eye movements. Part I, Early models of saccades and smooth pursuit 2010, Atypon1. Introduction -- Introduction -- Saccades -- Smooth pursuit system -- Vestibular ocular reflex eye movements -- Optokinetic eye movements -- Vergence.
- There are five different types of eye movements: saccades, smooth pursuit, vestibular ocular eye movements, optokinetic eye movements, and vergence eye movements. The purpose of this book is focused primarily on mathematical models of the horizontal saccadic eye movement system and the smooth pursuit system, rather than on how visual information is processed. A saccade is a fast eye movement used to acquire a target by placing the image of the target on the fovea. Smooth pursuit is a slow eye movement used to track a target as it moves by keeping the target on the fovea. The vestibular ocular movement is used to keep the eyes on a target during brief head movements. The optokinetic eye movement is a combination of saccadic and slow eye movements that keeps a full-field image stable on the retina during sustained head rotation. Each of these movements is a conjugate eye movement, that is, movements of both eyes together driven by a common neural source. A vergence movement is a non-conjugate eye movement allowing the eyes to track targets as they come closer or farther away. In this book, a 2009 version of a state-of-the-art model is presented for horizontal saccades that is 3rd-order and linear, and controlled by a physiologically based time-optimal neural network. The oculomotor plant and saccade generator are the basic elements of the saccadic system. The control of saccades is initiated by the superior colliculus and terminated by the cerebellar fastigial nucleus, and involves a complex neural circuit in the mid brain. This book is the second part of a book series on models of horizontal eye movements.
- Motherhood and postnatal depression 2011, Springer
- Motivational aspects of prejudice and racism 2008, SpringerIntroduction: motivational aspects of prejudice and racism / Cynthia Willis-Esqueda -- Social cognition, ethnic identity, and ethnic specific strategies for coping with threat due to prejudice and discrimination / Amado M. Padilla -- New directions in adversive racism research: persistence and pervasiveness / John F. Dovidio and Samuel L. Gaertner -- The role of race and racial prejudice in recognizing other people / John C. Brigham -- Addressing contemporary racism: the common ingroup identity model / Samuel L. Gaertner and John F. Dovidio.
- MRC applied psychology Unit 2003, Wellcome Trust"This transcript considers the origins and impact of the MRC Applied Psychology Unit's work from 1944 to 1998."
- MSC, maximal stress cooperation 2005, Springer
- Multidisciplinary approaches to visual representations and interpretations 2004, ScienceDirect
- Multisensory object perception in the primate brain 2010, SpringerCorticocortical connectivity subserving different forms of multisensory convergence / M. Alex Meredith and H. Ruth Clemo -- Computational modeling of multisensory object perception / Constantin Rothkopf, Thomas Weisswange, and Jochen Triesch -- Methodological considerations : electrophysiology of multisensory interactions in humans / Marie-Hélène Giard and Julien Besle -- Cortical oscillations and multisensory interactions in humans / Jochen Kaiser and Marcus J. Naumer -- Multisensory functional magnetic resonance imaging / Marcus J. Naumer ... [et al.] -- Audiovisual temporal integration for complex speech, object-action, animal call, and musical stimuli / Argiro Vatakis and Charles Spence -- Imaging cross-modal influences in auditory cortex / Christoph Kayser, Christopher I. Petkov, and Nikos K. Logothetis -- The default mode of primate vocal communication and its neural correlates / Asif A. Ghazanfar -- Audio-visual perception of everyday natural objects - hemodynamic studies in humans / James W. Lewis -- Single-trial multisensory learning and memory retrieval / Micah M. Murray and Holger F. Sperdin -- Multisensory texture perception / Roberta L. Klatzky and Susan J. Lederman -- Dorsal and ventral cortical pathways for visuo-haptic shape integration revealed using fMRI / Thomas W. James and Sunah Kim -- Visuo-haptic perception of objects and scenes / Fiona N. Newell -- Haptic face processing and its relation to vision / Susan J. Lederman, Roberta L. Klatzky, and Ryo Kitada -- The ontogeny of human multisensory object perception : a constructivist account / David J. Lewkowicz -- Neural development and plasticity of multisensory representations / Mark T. Wallace, Juliane Krueger, and David W. Royal -- Large-scale brain plasticity following blindness and the use of sensory substitution devices / Andreja Bubic, Ella Striem-Amit, and Amir Amedi.
- Multivariate and mixture distribution Rasch models 2007, SpringerIntroduction : Extending the Rasch model / Matthias von Davier, Jürgen Rost, Claus H. Carstensen -- Measurement models as narrative structures / Robert Mislevy, Chun-Wei Huang -- Testing generalized Rasch models / Cees A.W. Glas -- The mixed-coefficients multinomial logit model : a generalized form of the Rasch model / Raymond J. Adams, Margaret L. Wu -- Loglinear multivariate and mixture Rasch models / Henk Kelderman -- Mixture-distribution and HYBRID Rasch models / Matthias von Davier, Kentaro Yamamoto -- Application of the Saltus model to stagelike data : some applications and current developments / Karen Draney, Mark Wilson -- Determination of diagnostic cut-points using stochastically ordered mixed Rasch models / Svend Kreiner -- A HYBRID model for test speededness / Keith A. Boughton, Kentaro Yamamoto -- Multidimensional three-mode Rasch models / Claus H. Carstensen, Jürgen Rost -- (Almost) equivalence between conditional and mixture maximum likelihood estimates for some models of the Rasch type / Anton K. Formann -- Rasch models for longitudinal data / Thorsten Meiser -- The interaction model / Shelby J. Haberman -- Multilevel Rasch models / Akihito Kamata, Yuk Fai Cheong -- Mixed Rasch models for measurement in cognitive psychology / Susan E. Embretson -- Detecting response styles and faking in personality and organizational assessments by mixed Rasch models / Michael Eid, Michael J. Zickar -- Application of multivariate Rasch models in international large-scale educational assessments / Raymond J. Adams, Margaret L. Wu, Claus H. Carstensen -- Studying development via item response models : a wide range of potential uses / Judith Glück, Christiane Spiel -- A comparison of the Rasch model and constrained item response theory models for pertinent psychological test data / Klaus D. Kubinger, Clemens Draxler -- Latent-response Rasch models for strategy shifts in problem-solving processes / Carl P.M. Rijkes, Henk Kelderman -- Validity and objectivity in health-related scales : analysis by graphical loglinear Rasch models / Svend Kreiner, Karl Bang Christensen -- Applications of generalized Rasch models in the sport, exercise, and the motor domains / Gershon Tenenbaum, Bernd Strauss, Dirk Büsch.
- Neural correlates of auditory cognition 2013, Springer
- Neurobehavioral disorders of childhood 2009, Springer
- Neurobiology of human values 2005, SpringerCreation, art, and the brain /Jean-Pierre Changeux --Did evolution fix moral values? /Camilo J. Cela-Conde --Homo homini lupus? : morality, the social instincts, and our fellow primates /Frans B.M. de Waal --Disorders of social conduct following damage to the prefrontal cortices /Hanna Damasio --The neurobiological grounding of human values /Antonio Damasio --Emotion and cognition in moral judgment : evidence from neuroimaging /Joshua Greene --Neural substrates of affective style and value /Richard J. Davidson --Cognitive psychology of moral intuitions /Daniel Kahneman, Cass R. Sunstein --Mirror neuron : a neurological approach to empathy /Giacomo Rizzolatti, Laila Craighero --How does the brain know when it is right? /Wolf Singer --Cerebral basis of human errors /Oliver Houdé --How a primate brain comes to know some mathematical truths /Stanilas Dehaene.
- Definition and measurement of neurocognition and social cognition / Kern, R.S., Horan, W.P. -- The relevance of neurocognition and social cognition for outcome and recovery in schizophrenia / Brekke, J.S., Nakagami, E. -- Treatment approaches with a special focus on neurocognition : overview and empirical results / Kurtz, M.M., Sartory, G. -- Compensatory cognitive training / Twamley, E.W., Zurhellen, C.H., Vella, L. -- Treatment approaches with a special focus on social cognition : overview and empirical results -- Wölwer, W. ... [et al.] -- Training of emotional intelligence in schizophrenia / Vauth, R. -- Combined treatment approaches : overview and empirical results / Roder, V., Hulka, L., Medalia, A. -- An overview of the neuropsychological and educational approach to remediation / Medalia, A., Mambrino, E. -- Integrated psychological therapy and integrated neurocognitive therapy / Müller, D.R., Roder, V. -- Pharmacological interventions / Hofer, A., Fleischhacker, W.W. -- Motivational enhancements in schizophrenia / Medalia, A., Choi, J.
- Neuroinformatics for neuropsychology 2009, SpringerCurrent neuroinformatics applications and infrastructure -- Neuroinformatics for neuropsychology -- Obstacles and aids to neuroinformatics in neuropsychology -- International Society for Neuroinformatics in Neuropsychology.
- Neuropsychological evaluation of the older adult 2000, ScienceDirectActivities preceding patient arrival -- Clinical interview -- General principles and guidelines for formal testing -- Evaluation of general intellectual function, attention, executive function, verbal abilities, and visuospatial and visuoconstructive abilities -- Memory evaluation in older adults -- Neuropsychological profiles of common disorders affecting older adults I: Alzheimer's disease, frontotemporal lobar degeneration -- Neuropsychological profiles II: vascular disease, dementia with Lewy bodies -- Neuropsychological profiles III: Parkinsonian disorders, corticobasal degeneration, Huntington's disease -- Neuropsychological profiles IV: traumatic brain injury, substance-related disorders, normal pressure hydrocephalus, metabolic and toxic disorders -- Assessment of depression during the neuropsychological evaluation -- Organizing and interpreting test findings -- Writing the evaluation report -- Providing feedback and planning follow-up services.
- Neuropsychology toolkit 2012, SpringerPart 1.NEURULES: GUIDELINES FOR IMPROVING ASSESSMENT AND REPORTING --Pre-Test --Interacting with Others --Managing Environmental Considerations --Obtaining and Reporting Background Information --Selecting Tests and Categorizing Performance --Testing, Interpreting, and Reporting Results --Reporting Conclusions, Diagnoses, and Recommendations --Writing Effectively --Controlling Quality --Post-Test --Part 2.FORMATS: QUESTIONNAIRES AND REPORTS --Self-Report Questionnaire --Family Report Questionnaire --Short Report Format --Long Report Format --Part 3.LANGUAGE --Validity --Test Results --Conclusions --Recommendations.
- Neuropsychopharmacology 2002, Ovid
- Obesity and binge eating disorder 2005, KargerControl of Food Intake / Gutzwiller, J.-P.; Beglinger, C. (Basel) -- Regulation of Body Weight / Langhans, W.; Geary, N. (Zurich) -- Epidemiology and Symptomatology of Obesity / Wechsler, J.G. (Munchen); Leopold, K. (Lausanne); Bischoff, G. (Munchen) -- Etiology of Obesity / Vogele, C. (London) -- Treatment Options of Obesity: Behavioral Weight Control / Laessle, R.G. (Trier) -- Pharmacological Management of Obesity / Bray, G.A. (Baton Rouge, La.) -- Surgical Treatment of Morbid Obesity / Muller, M.K.; Weber, M. (Zurich) -- Treatment of Obese Children / Braet, C. (Ghent) -- Binge Eating Disorder: A New Eating Disorder or an Epiphenomenon of Obesity? / Tuschen-Caffier, B.; Schlussel, C. (Bielefeld) -- Course, Etiology, and Maintenance of Binge Eating Disorder / Hilbert, A. (St. Louis, Mo.) -- The Psychological and Pharmacological Treatment of Binge Eating Disorder. An Overview / Biedert, E. (Basel) -- Binge Eating Disorder in Childhood - What Do We Know About It? / Munsch, S. (Basel); Hilbert, A. (St. Louis, Mo.) -- Binge Eating Disorder: Specific and Common Features. A Comprehensive Overview / Munsch, S.; Dubi, K. (Basel)
- Occupational stress in the service professions 2003, CRCnetBASEIntroduction : Context, theories and intervention / Maureen F. Dollard -- The DISC model : demand-induced strain compensation mechanisms in job stress / Jan De Jonge and Christian Dormann -- Measurement and methodological issues in work stress research / Maureen F. Dollard and Jan de Jonge -- Conventional wisdom is often misleading : police stress within an organisational health framework / Peter M. Hart and Peter Cotton -- Burnout among oncology care providers : radiation assistants, physicians and nurses / Pascale M. Le Blanc and Wilmar B. Schaufeli -- Senior nurses : interventions to reduce work stress / Amanda Griffiths ... [et al.] -- Work stress and its effects in general practitioners / Helen R. Winefield -- Teacher stress / Esther R. Greenglass and Ronald J. Burke -- Stress in university academics / Anthony H. Winefield -- Prostitution : an illustration of occupational stress in 'dirty work' / Kara Anne Arnold and Julian Barling -- Social workers and human service practitioners / Robert L. Lonne -- Clergy in crisis / Sarah J. Cotton ... [et al.] -- Stress in psychological work / Susan P. Griffiths -- Volunteering work stress and satisfaction at the turn of the 21st century / Jacques C. Metzer -- Conclusion / Maureen F. Dollard.
- On the psychobiology of personality 2004, ScienceDirect
- Paradigms in theory construction 2012, SpringerPt. 1. Introductory background -- pt. 2. Paradigms in the arts and social sciences -- pt. 3. General-integrative paradigms in psychology -- pt. 4. Particular-specific paradigms in psychology -- pt. 5. Operational paradigms in psychology -- pt. 6. Conclusion.
- Persons 2010, Springer
- Persuasive technology 2003, ScienceDirectForeword / Philip Zimbardo -- Preface -- Introduction: Persuasion in the digital age -- Overview of captology -- The functional triad : computers in persuasive roles -- Computers as persuasive tools -- Computers as persuasive media : simulation -- Computers as persuasive social actors -- Credibility and computers -- Credibility and the World Wide Web -- Increasing persuasion through mobility and connectivity -- The ethics of persuasive technology -- Captology : looking forward -- Appendix: Summary of principles.
- Philosophical practice 2002, ScienceDirect
- Physical abusers and sexual offenders 2007, CRCnetBASE
- Positive psychology of personal transformation 2011, SpringerWalking with hope and dharma : are dogs enlightened? Are Humans? -- The costs and benefits of obliviousness : growing up in the 1950s -- Nine bad things that almost happened, and many more that did : getting to the other side of trauma -- What is the opposite of trauma? : the positive power of transformational grace -- Can there ever be enough me? : narcissism and the positive death of self -- What does it mean to live an "extraordinary life"?
- Positive relationships 2012, Springer
- Post-traumatic stress disorder 2009, SpringerPost-traumatic stress disorder: definition, prevalence, and risk factors / Terence M. Keane, Brian P. Marx, and Denise M. Sloan -- The amygdala and the neural pathways of fear / Jacek Dębiec and Joseph LeDoux -- Physiology of the amygdala: implications for PTSD / Donald G. Rainnie and Kerry J. Ressler -- Counteracting molecular pathways regulating the reduction of fear: implications for the treatment of anxiety diseases / Andre Fischer and Li-Huei Tsai -- Memory in PTSD: a neurocognitive approach / Mieke Verfaellie and Jennifer J. Vasterling -- Toward animal models of post-traumatic stress disorder / Hagit Cohen and Gal Richter-Levin -- PTSD: from neurons to networks / Rajnish P. Rao ... [et al.] -- Arousal neurons in the brain / Priyattam J. Shiromani and Carlos Blanco-Centurion -- Hyperarousal and post-traumatic stress disorder: a role for the hypocretin system / Matt Carter and Luis de Lecea -- The locus coeruleus-noradrenergic system and stress: implications for post-traumatic stress disorder / Craig W. Berridge -- Effect of stress on sleep and its relationship to post-traumatic stress disorder / L.D. Sanford and X. Tang -- Stress hormones and PTSD / Rachel Yehuda -- Low basal cortisol and startle responding as possible biomarkers of PTSD: the influence of internalizing and externalizing comorbidity / Mark W. Miller, Erika J. Wolf, Laura Fabricant, and Nathan Stein -- Functional neuroimaging in post-traumatic stress disorder / Israel Liberzon and Sarah N. Garfinkel -- The amygdala in post-traumatic stress disorder / Lisa M. Shin -- Pharmacologic treatment of PTSD / Murray A. Raskind -- Guided imagery as a therapeutic tool in post-traumatic stress disorder / Jennifer L. Strauss, Patrick S. Calhoun, and Christine E. Marx -- Virtual reality exposure therapy for combat-related PTSD / Albert Rizzo ... [et al.].
- Prefrontal cortex. 4th ed. 2008, ScienceDirectChapter 1. Introduction -- Chapter 2. Anatomy of the Prefrontal Cortex -- Chapter 3. Chemical Neurotransmission -- Chapter 4. Animal Neuropsychology -- Chapter 5. Human Neuropsychology -- Chapter 6. Neurophysiology -- Chapter 7. Neuroimaging -- Chapter 8. Overview of Prefrontal Functions: The Temporal Organization of Action.
- Probing experience 2008, Springer
- The disability paradigm / David Pfeiffer -- Understanding how disability is defined and conceptualized in the literature / Barbara J. Lutz and Barbara J. Bowers -- An integrative conceptual framework of disability : new directions for research / Denise G. Tate and Constance Pledger -- Transforming psychological practice and society : policies that reflect the new paradigm / Carol J. Gill, Donald G. Kewman, and Ruth W. Brannon -- Social work practice with people with disabilities in the era of disability rights / Richard L. Beaulaurier and Samuel H. Taylor -- Models of disability : implications for the counseling profession / Julie F. Smart and David W. Smart -- The contribution of the physically and mentally handicapped to development / Jean Vanier -- Personal perspective : coping with a journey toward recovery : from the inside out / Dale Walsh --Psychological adaptation to chronic illness and disability : a primer for counselors / Hanoch Livneh and Richard F. Antonak -- Objective self-awareness and stigma : implications for persons with visible disabilities / Andrew A. Phemister and Nancy M. Crewe -- Psychosocial issues of women with physical disabilities : the continuing gender debate / Margaret A. Nosek and Rosemary B. Hughes -- Female sexuality and spinal cord injury : counselling implications / Eva Miller and Irmo Marini -- Cross-cultural counseling issues of males who sustain a disability / Irmo Marini -- Psychiatric and psychological issues in survivors of major disasters / Carol S. North -- Quality of life and psychosocial adaptation to chronic illness and acquired disability : a conceptual and theoretical synthesis / Malachy Bishop -- Six principles relating disability and psychological adjustment / Franklin C. Shontz -- Personal perspective : using rational emotive behavior therapy techniques to cope with disability / Albert Ellis --Family decision making in foregoing life-extending treatments / Virginia P. Tilden ... [et al.] -- My child is not my carer : mothers with physical disablities and the well-being of children / Ora Prilleltenshy -- Parenting a child with a chronic medical condition / Jane Case-Smith -- In the midst of a hurricane : a case study of a couple living with AIDS / Lydia P. Buki, Lori Kogan, Bethanne Keen, and Patti Uman -- Parental illness, family functioning, and adolescent well-being : a family ecology framework to guide research / Sara Pedersen -- Life's challenges : curse or opportunity? Counseling families of persons with disabilities / Mary R. Hulnick and H. Ronald Hulnick -- Personal perspectives : my life with muscular dystrophy : lessons and opportunities / Robert P. Winske -- Dealing with Spina Bifida : mother's perspective / Janet Lingerman --The construct of hope in the rehabilitation process / Amy B. Collins and Marvin D. Kuehn -- Spirituality in disability and illness / Judy Kaye and Senthil Kumar Raghavan -- Spiritual factors and adjustment in medical rehabilitation : understanding forgiveness as a means of coping / Jon R. Webb -- The psychosocial impact on survivors of extraordinary, stressful, and traumatic events : principles and practices in critical incident response for rehabilitation counselors / Mark A. Strebnicki -- War, death, and bereavement : how we can help / Joan Beder -- Users of assistive technology : the human component / Martin G. Brodwin, Tristen Star, and Elizabeth Cardoso -- Changes in attitudes toward people with handicaps / Beatrice A. Wright -- Personal perspective : recovery and the rehabilitation process : a personal journey / James T. Herbert --The implications of positive psychology and wellness for rehabilitation counselor education / Irmo Marini and Mitka Chacon -- "Successful aging" : a disability perspective / Meredith Minkler and Pamela Fadem -- The promise of the International classification of functioning, disability, and health (ICF) -- Recovery from psychiatric disabilities / Patricia B. Nemec and Cheryl J. Gagne -- Psychological adaptation to disability : perspectives from chaos and complexity theory / Hanoch Livneh and Randall M. Parker -- Eugenics, euthanasia, and physician-assisted suicide : an overview for rehabilitation professionals / Steve Zanskas and Wendy Coduti -- Reflections and considerations / Arthur E. Dell Orto and Paul Power -- Aging and disability : toward a unified agenda / Irving Kenneth Zola -- Personal statement : life lessons taught me by my disability / Alfred H. DeGraff -- Personal statement : one more burden, a mother's perspective / Bernadette.
- Psychological aspects of crisis negotiation 2006, CRCnetBASEPart I: Basic concepts -- American Psychiatric Association -- Characteristics of effective hostage/crisis negotiators -- Cross-trained versus cross-qualified -- Non-law enforcement negotiators -- One on one just isn't right -- Stress and the hostage/crisis negotiator -- Part II: Dealing with the other victim -- Negotiating with normal people -- Negotiating with the adolescent hostage taker -- Negotiating with the inadequate personality -- The antisocial personality disorder (it's all about me!) hostage-taker -- Negotiating with the paranoid schizophrenic hostage-taker -- The bipolar (I'm focused and flying high!) hostage-taker -- The suicidal hostage-holder -- Police-assisted suicide -- Crisis negotiations in the correctional setting -- Negotiating with the extremist -- Part III: Crisis resolution indicators -- Indicators of subject surrender -- Indicators of volatile negotiations -- Part IV: Group dynamics -- Group think -- Creative criteria for constructive deviation from crisis negotiation guidelines -- Part V: Hostage issues -- Phases of a hostage crisis -- The Stockholm syndrome -- What do you say to a hostage?
- Psychological challenges in obstetrics and gynecology 2007, Springer
- Psychological co-morbidities of physical illness 2011, SpringerPsychological Co-morbidities of Obesity -- Psychological Issues in Adults with Type 2 Diabetes -- Psychological Co-morbidities of Cardiovascular Disease -- Psychological Co-morbidities of Cancer -- Tobacco Addiction and Psychological Co-morbidities -- Psychological Co-morbidities of HIV/AIDS -- Psychological Co-morbidities in Patients with Pain -- Psychiatric Disorders, Stress, and Their Treatment Among People with Multiple Sclerosis -- Psychological Co-morbidities of Dementia -- Psychological Co-morbidities of Irritable Bowel Syndrome -- Psychological Co-morbidities of COPD.
- Psychological experiments on the internet 2000, ScienceDirectIntroduction to psychological experiments on the Internet -- Decision making in the lab and on the Web / Michael H. Birnbaum -- Validity of Web-based psychological research / John H. Krantz and Reeshad Dalal -- A brief history of Web experimenting / Jochen Musch and Ulf-Dietrich Reips -- The Web experiment method : advantages, disadvantages, and solutions / Ulf-Dietrich Reips -- Potential of the Internet for personality research / Tom Buchanan -- Human sexual behavior : a comparison of college and Internet surveys / Robert D. Bailey, Winona E. Foote, and Barbara Throckmorton -- An intercultural examination of facial features communicating surprise / Donatella Pagani and Luigi Lombardi -- What are computing experiences good for? : a case study in online research / John H. Mueller, D. Michele Jacobsen, and Ralf Schwarzer -- PsychExps : an online psychology laboratory / Kenneth O. McGraw, Mark D. Tew, and John E. Williams -- Techniques for creating and using Web questionnaires in research and teaching / Jonathan Baron and Michael Siepman -- The Cognitive Psychology Online Laboratory / Gregory Francis, Ian Neath, and Aimee Surprenant -- The server side of psychology Web experiments / William C. Schmidt.
- Psychological factors affecting medical conditions 2007, KargerDevelopment of a new assessment strategy in psychosomatic medicine: the diagnostic criteria for psychosomatic research / S. Fabbri ... [et al.] -- Psychosocial approach to endocrine disease / N. Sonino, E. Tomba, G.A. Fava -- Psychological factors affecting functional gastrointestinal disorders / P. Porcelli, O. Todarello -- Psychological factors affecting oncology conditions / L. Grassi ... [et al.] -- Psychological factors affecting cardiologic conditions / C. Rafanelli ... [et al.] -- Toward a biopsychosocial approach to skin diseases / A. Picardi, P. Pasquini -- Psychological factors affecting medical conditions in consultation-liaison psychiatry / A. Bellomo ... [et al.] -- Psychological factors affecting medical conditions in consultation-liaison psychiatry / A. Bellomo ... [et al.] -- Psychological factors affecting eating disorders / S. Fassino ... [et al.].
- Psychological first aid 2011, WHOChapter 1. Understanding PFA -- Chapter 2. How to help responsibly -- Chapter 3. Providing PFA -- Chapter 4. Caring for yourself & your colleagues -- Chapter 5. Practise what you have learned.
- Psychological impact of acute and chronic illness 2007, Springer
- Psychology and diabetes care 2012, Springer
- Psychology of lust murder 2006, ScienceDirect1. Introduction -- 2. Paraphilia and lust murder -- 3. Sexual homicide and serial murder : what do we know? -- 4. An integrative model : what do we need? -- 5. The case of Jeffrey Dahmer -- 6. Dahmer, paraphilia, and lust murder : testing the models -- 7. In search of meaning : on theory construction and model building -- 8. Implications and conclusions.
- Psychology of media and politics 2005, ScienceDirect
- Psychology of religion 2012, Springer
- Psychology of safety handbook 2001, CRCnetBASE
- Psychology of serial killer investigations 2003, ScienceDirectRecognition and acknowledgment of serial murder -- The archetypal serial killer task force investigation: the Yorkshire Ripper Case -- Anatomy of an investigation -- The consulting detective -- The Paul Bernardo Case -- Profiling the serial killer: the efficacy of profiling -- Taking control of denial and defeat -- The playbook -- Best practices.
- Psychosocial adaptation to pregnancy. 3rd ed. 2009, Springer
- Qualitative research methods for psychologists 2006, ScienceDirectAn assimilation analysis of psychotherapy : responsibility for being there / Lara Honos-Webb ... [et al.] -- Exploring psychotherapy with discourse analysis : chipping away at the mortar / Anna Madill -- The grounded theory method : application of a variant of its procedure of constant comparative analysis to psychotherapy research / David L. Rennie -- Phenomenological analysis : impression formation during a clinical assessment interview / Scott D. Churchill -- Diagnostic discourse in patient-staff interactions : a conversation analysis clarified by participant interviews / Jessie Goicoechea -- Honor and respect : feminist collaborative research with sexually abused women / Susan L. Morrow -- An empirical, phenomenological study : being joyful / Brent Robbins -- Conceptual encounter : the experience of anger / Joseph de Rivera -- Emergence of the dialogal approach : forgiving another / Steen Halling, Michael Leifer, and Jan O. Rowe -- A thematic analysis of written accounts : thinking about thought / Howard R. Pollio and Michael J. Ursiak -- Intuitive inquiry : an exploration of embodiment among contemporary female mystics / Vipassana Esbjörn-Hargens and Rosemarie Anderson -- An application of experiential method in psychology : what is it like to be a stranger in a foreign land / Arne Collen -- Focus groups and related rapid assessment methods : identifying psychoeducational HIV/AIDS interventions in Botswana / Lisa Levers.
- Reading as a perceptual process 2000, ScienceDirect
- Recent advances in psychology and aging. 1st ed. 2004., ScienceDirectAging and the seven sins of memory / Benton H. Pierce, Jon S. Simons and Daniel L. Schacter -- Age-related changes in visual attention / David J. Madden and Wythe L. Whiting -- Studies of aging, hypertension and cognitive functioning : with contributions from the Maine-Syracuse study / Merrill F. Elias ... [et al.] -- A life span view of emotional functioning in adulthood and old age / Susan T. Charles and Laura L. Carstensen -- Personality and self-esteem development across the life span / Kali H.Trzesniewski ... [et al.] -- The evolving concept of subjective well-being : the multifaceted nature of happiness / Ed Diener, Christie Napa Scollon and Richard E. Lucas -- A cultural lens on biopsychosocial models of aging / James S. Jackson, Toni C. Antonucci and Edna Brown.
- Representation in mind 2004, ScienceDirect
- Resilience in aging 2011, SpringerResilience: definitions, ambiguities, and applications -- Successful aging and resilience: applications for public health and health care -- Resilience and personality disorders in older age -- What do we know about resilience in older adults?: an exploration of some facts, factors, and facets -- Psychological resilience -- Physiological resilience -- Using the arts to promote resiliency among persons with dementia and their caregivers -- Promoting worker resilience over the lifecourse -- Resilience in aging: cultural and ethnic perspectives -- Civic engagement: policies and programs to support a resilient aging society -- Strengthened by the spirit: religion, spirituality, and resilience through adulthood and aging -- Resilience in chronic illness -- The relationship between resilience and motivation -- The association between resilience and survival among Chinese elderly -- Fostering resilience in dementia through narratives: contributions of multimedia technologies -- Building resilience in mild cognitive impairment and early-stage dementia: innovative approaches to intervention and outcome evaluation -- African-American caregivers finding resilience through faith -- The age-friendly New York City project: an environmental intervention to increase aging resilience -- Promoting resilience in small-scale, homelike residential care settings for older people with dementia: experiences from the Netherlands and the United States -- A geriatric mobile crisis response team: a resilience-promoting program to meet the mental health needs of community-residing older people -- Optimizing resilience in the 21st century -- Resilience in the workplace: job conditions that buffer negative attitudes toward older workers.
- Rosetta Stone of the human mind 2007, Springer
- Schizophrenia is a misdiagnosis 2012, Springer
- Science of well-being 2009, SpringerIntroduction : the science of well-being : reviews and theoretical articles by Ed Diener / Ed Diener -- Subjective well-being / Ed Diener -- In pursuit of happiness : empirical answers to philosophical questions / Pelin Kesebir and Ed Diener -- Personality and subjective well-being / Richard E. Lucas and Ed Diener -- Beyond the hedonic treadmill : revising the adaptation theory of well-being / Ed DIener, RIchard E. Lucas and Christie Napa Scollon -- Will money increase subjective well-being? : a literature review and guide to needed research / Ed Diener and Robert Biswas-Diener -- The well-being of nations : linking together trust, cooperation, and democracy / William Tov and Ed Diener -- The optimum level of well-being : can people be too happy? / Shigehiro Oishi, Ed Diener, and Richard E. Lucas -- Beyond money : toward an economy of well-being / Ed Diener and Martin E.P. Seligman -- Conclusion : the well-being science needed now / Ed Diener.
- Scientific foundation of neuropsychological assessment. 1st ed. 2012, ScienceDirectScientific neurological basis for assessment -- Introductory scientific history to neuropsychological assessment -- Nature of science -- Theoretical foundation of neurological assessment -- Neuropsychological basis of assessment -- Brain-function analysis -- Formal analytic methodology -- Neuropsychological battery patterns -- Justification of formal procedures -- Fundamental psychometric status of neuropsychological batteries -- Justification of neuropsychological batteries -- Accuracy of formal neuropsychological methods -- Application to forensics -- Admissibility of neuropsychological expert testimony under the Daubert and Frye evidentiary standards -- Usefulness of a validated neuropsychological test battery is scientifically supporting and communicating forensic evaluation results -- Formal neuropsychological methods -- In defense of the Halstead-Reitan Battery: a critique of Lezak's review -- In defense of the Halstead-Reitan Battery: revisited -- Norming subjects for the Halstead-Reitan Battery -- Major Halstead-Reitan Battern norm sets.
- Sex differences 2000, ScienceDirect
- Sexualities and identities of minority women 2009, Springer
- Sexuality and aging 2012, Springer
- Small group research 2012, Springer
- Space psychology and psychiatry. 2nd ed. 2008, Springer
- Spirituality, values and mental health 2007, ebraryThe spiritual foundation: awareness and context for people's lives today / Peter Gilbert -- Values-based practice: help and healing within a shared theology of diversity / Bill (K.W.M.) Fulford and Kim Woodbridge -- Spirituality and mental health across cultures / Suman Fernando -- Loss and grief: spiritual aspects / Neil Thompson -- Through a glass darkly: looking for my own reflection / Sarah Carr -- A journey - with faith: complex travels with Islam through the mental health system / Mariyam Maule ... [et al.] -- Connecting past and present: a survivor reflects on spirituality and mental health / Vicky Nicholls -- Who am I?: the search for spirituality in dementia: a family carer's perspective / Barbara Pointon -- A chaplain's own story / Paul Chapple -- Keep up your spirits: run for your life! a view of running as a spiritual experience / Peter Gilbert -- Spiritual assessment: narratives and responses / Wendy Edwards and Peter Gilbert -- Spirituality and psychiatry: crossing the divide / Andrew Powell -- Spiritual competence: mental health and palliative care / Cameron Langlands, David Mitchell and Tom Gordon.Working with Qi (Chi) to help with mental health problems / Nigel Mills -- Spiritual practice day by day - conversations with those who know / Mary Ellen Coyte -- How different religious organizations can work constructively together / Azim Kidwai and Ali Jan Haider -- Organizational health: engaging the heart of the organization / Sarajane Aris and Peter Gilbert -- A plea for broad understanding: why mental health practitioners need to understand spiritual matters / Christopher MacKenna -- Promoting spiritual well-being in the workplace - training and support for staff / Frances Basset and Thurstine Basset -- Awakening the heart and soul: reflections from therapy / Brian Thorne -- Mental health care: the ultimate context for spiritual and pastoral formation / Julia Head and Mark Sutherland -- Researching spirituality and mental health - a perspective from the research / John Swinton -- Researching the soul: the Somerset Spirituality Project / John Foskett and Anne Roberts -- Concluding thoughts / Mary Ellen Coyte, Peter Gilbert and Vicky Nicholls.
- Standard edition of the complete psychological works of Sigmund Freud v.1-24, 1953-74, PEP Archivev. 1. Pre-analytic publications and unpublished drafts -- v. 2. Studies on hysteria -- v. 3. Early analytic publications -- v. 4. The interpretation of dreams (1) -- v. 5. The interpretation of dreams (II) -- v. 6. The psychopathology of everyday life -- v. 7. A case of hysteria, Three essays on sexuality, and other works -- v. 8. Jokes and their relation to the unconscious -- v. 9. Jensen's G̀radiva' and other works -- v. 10. The cases of L̀ittle Hans' and the R̀at Man' -- v. 11. Five lectures on psycho-analysis, Leonardo and other works -- v. 12. Case history of Schreber, Papers on technique, and other works -- v. 13. Totem and taboo and other works -- v. 14. A history of the psycho-analytic movement, Papers on metapsychology, and other works -- v.15. Introductory lectures on psycho-analysis (1) -- v. 16. Introductory lectures on psycho-analysis (II) -- v. 17. An infantile neurosis and other works -- v. 18. Beyond the pleasure principles, Group psychology, and other works -- v. 19. The ego and the Id and other works -- v. 20. An autobiographical study, Inhibitions, symptoms and anxiety, Lay analysis, and other works -- v. 21. The future of an illusion, Civlilization and its discontents, and other works -- v. 22. New introductory lectures and other works -- v. 23. Moses and monotheism, An outline of psycho-analysis and other works -- v. 24. Indexes, Bibliography, etc.
- Stimulus-response compatibility principles 2006, CRCnetBASE
- STOP, THAT and one hundred other sleep scales 2012, Springer
- Stress 2008, KargerNeurobehavioral medicine and stress-related disorders / Dirk H. Hellhammer, Juliane Hellhammer -- Neuropattern : a step towards neurobehavioral medicine / Dirk H. Hellhammer, Juliane Hellhammer -- Principles of the crosstalk between brain and body : glandotropy, ergotropy, and trophotropy / Dirk H. Hellhammer -- Hypercortisolemic disorders / Petra Pütz -- Hypocortisolemic disorders / Eva Fries -- Noradrenergic and sympathetic disorders / Pascal O. Klingmann, Dirk H. Hellhammer -- Serotonergic and parasympathetic disorders / Dirk H. Hellhammer, Pascal O. Klingmann.
- Stress and cardiovascular disease 2012, SpringerIntroduction to Cardiovascular Disease, Stress and Adaptation -- Social Stress and Cardiovascular Disease in Primates -- Cardiovascular and Autonomic Responses to Stress -- Sympathetic Neural and Adrenal Medullary Mechanisms in Depression and Panic Disorder -- Hypothalamic-Pituitary-Adrenal Axis and Cardiovascular Disease -- Haemostatic Effects of Stress -- Stress, Inflammation, and Coronary Heart Disease -- Brain Imaging of Stress and Cardiovascular Responses -- Psychological Triggers for Plaque Rupture -- Stress Cardiomyopathy -- Psychosocial Factors at Work: The Epidemiological Perspective -- Depression and Cardiovascular Disease Progression: Epidemiology, Mechanisms and Treatment -- Post-traumatic Stress Disorder: Emerging Risk Factor and Mechanisms -- Sleep, Stress, and Heart Disease -- The Causal Role of Chronic Mental Stress in the Pathogenesis of Essential Hypertension -- Metabolic Syndrome and Diabetes -- Stress Management and Behavior: From Cardiac Patient to Worksite Intervention -- Exercise to Reduce Distress and Improve Cardiac Function: Moving on and Finding the Pace -- The Psychological Treatment of Cardiac Patients -- Integrating the Management of Psychosocial and Behavior Risk Factors into Clinical Medical Practice -- Concluding Remarks.
- Stress proof the heart 2012, Springerpt. 1. Psychological challenges of heart disease -- pt. 2. Psychological interventions for cardiac patients.
- Successful private practice in neuropsychology 2003, ScienceDirect
- Systemic-structural theory of activity 2007, CRCnetBASE
- Therapist's guide to learning and attention disorders 2003, ScienceDirect
- Towards a theory of thinking 2010, SpringerPart I. Perspectives on Thinking -- Problem Solving / Michael Öllinger and Vinod Goel -- Heuristic Bias, Conflict, and Rationality in Decision-Making / Wim De Neys -- Analogical Processes in Human Thinking and Learning / Dedre Gentner and Julie Colhoun -- A Gestalt Perspective on the Psychology of Thinking / Michael Wertheimer -- Thought and Reality: A Philosophical Conjecture About Some Fundamental Features of Human Thinking / Albrecht von Müller -- Part II. Components of Thinking -- Categorization and Object Shape / Markus Graf -- Comparison / Robert L. Goldstone, Sam Day, and Ji Y. Son -- Causal Thinking / Michael R. Waldmann -- Conditionals: Their Meaning and Their Use in Reasoning / Klaus Oberauer -- Thinking and Memory / Matthias Brand and Hans J. Markowitsch -- Perception and the Brain / Nikos Logothetis -- Part III. Onto- and Phylogenetic Considerations -- A Developmental Perspective on Modularity / Annette Karmiloff-Smith -- Theory of Mind / Beate Sodian and Susanne Kristen -- The Development of Metacognitive Competences / Wolfgang Schneider -- Understanding Apes to Understand Humans: The Case of Object-Object Relations / Josep Call -- Part IV. Language, Emotion, Culture -- Socializing Cognition / Anne Böckler, Günther Knoblich, and Natalie Sebanz -- Thinking and Language: A View from Cognitive Semio-Linguistics / Per Aage Brandt -- Thinking and Emotion: Affective Modulation of Cognitive Processing Modes / Annette Bolte and Thomas Goschke -- Cultural Differences in Thinking Styles / Shihui Han -- Part V. Modeling and Neurobiological Aspects -- Natural Selection in the Brain / Chrisantha Fernando and Eörs Szathmáry -- Value and Self-Referential Control: Necessary Ingredients for the Autonomous Development of Flexible Intelligence / Olaf Sporns and Edgar Körner -- Cortical Connectivity: The Infrastructure of Thoughts / Giorgio M. Innocenti -- Models as Tools to Aid Thinking / Helge Ritter.
- True and false recovered memories 2012, SpringerIntroduction: In the Aftermath of the So-Called Memory Wars /Robert F. Belli --The Cognitive Neuroscience of True and False Memories /Marcia K. Johnson, Carol L. Raye, Karen J. Mitchell, and Elizabeth Ankudowich --Towards a Cognitive and Neurobiological Model of Motivated Forgetting /Michael C. Anderson and Ean Huddleston --Searching for Repressed Memory /Richard J. McNally --A Theoretical Framework for Understanding Recovered Memory Experiences /Chris R. Brewin --Cognitive Underpinnings of Recovered Memories of Childhood Abuse /Elke Geraerts --Motivated Forgetting and Misremembering: Perspectives from Betrayal Trauma Theory /Anne P. DePrince, Laura S. Brown, Ross R. Cheit, Jennifer J. Freyd, Steven N. Gold, Kathy Pezdek, and Kathryn Quina --Epilogue: Continuing Points of Contention on the Recovered Memory Debate /Robert F. Belli.
- Violence assessment and intervention 2003, CRCnetBASE
- Welfare of cats 2005, SpringerCat behaviour : social organization, communication, and development / by Sharon L. Crowell-Davis -- The assessment of welfare / by Rachel A. Casey and John W.S. Bradshaw -- The human-cat relationship / by Penny L. Bernstein --Behaviour problems and welfare / by Sarah E. Heath -- Cat overpopulation in the United States / by Philip H. Kass -- The welfare of feral cats / by Margaret R. Slater -- Housing and welfare / by Irene Rochlitz -- Disease and welfare / by Kit Sturgess -- Nutrition and welfare / by Kit Sturgess and Karyl J. Hurley -- Breeding and welfare / by Andreas Steiger.
- WHO QualityRights tool kit 2012, WHO
- WISC-IV 2006, ScienceDirectWISC-IV interpretation in societal context -- The essentials and beyond -- Advanced interpretative issues with the WISC-IV full scale IQ and general ability index scores -- Advanced clinical interpretation of the WISC-IV index scores -- Essentials of WISC-IV integrated interpretation -- WISC-IV integrated: beyond the essentials -- Advanced WISC-IV and WISC-IV integrated interpretation in context with other measures -- Report writing: a child-centered approach.
- Adherence to pediatric medical regime...
- — In the pursuit of winning ..............
- Inhibitory control and drug abuse pre...
- — WISC-IV ................................
- WISC-IV clinical use and interpretati...
- — Working memory and education ...........
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- AAP Red Book Online
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Sabiston Textbook of Surgery
- Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics
- Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics
- Mandell, Douglas, & Bennett's Principles & Practice of Infectious Diseases
- Red Book Online
- ICU Book
- Primary Care Medicine
- Campbell-Walsh Urology
Shortcut to Licensed Content
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Links” (IE7) or “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
Shortcut for iPhone
What is it?
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) gives you access to resources licensed by the library even when you're not coming from a Lane or a Stanford IP address.
While we'd like Lane to be your gateway to our licensed content, we recognize that links to books, articles and journals come from a variety of different sources (Google, your email, RSS reader, etc.).
When installed, it will look your browser bookmark.
At the page you would like to proxy, click the "Lane Gateway to Licensed Content" to invoke it.
If Lane licenses that content, you'll get access as if you were on campus.
How does it work?
This allows you to view the URL as though you were on campus, giving you access to materials licensed for use by the Stanford academic community.
If you're not authenticated, you'll be prompted for your SUNetID and password.
Don't see the Toolbar, Bookmarks, or Links or Favorites bar?
From the "View" menu, select "Toolbars" & choose "Bookmarks Toolbar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Show Bookmarks Bar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Always Show Bookmarks Bar"
- Right-click in a clear area near the browser address bar
- In the menu, check a box next "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites" (IE8, IE9)
- Managing IE Favorites
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) only works with resources Lane has licensed and configured to work with our proxy server.
If invoked on a resource we do not license and/or have not yet configured, you will see an error message:
The Lane proxy server cannot complete your request because this host has not been configured properly.
We make no attempt to configure our proxy server for every resource, only those we license and for which a Stanford IP address grants access.
Drag this button onto your browser toolbar to install.
- Right click this button
- Select "Add to Favorites", click "Continue" if you see a security alert
- In "Create in" menu, select "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites Bar" (IE8, IE9) to install
Drag this button onto Safari Bookmarks bar to install.
Can't find it?
- Springer Protocols
- MD Consult
- Lange Series
- National Academy Press
- NCBI Bookshelf
- Thieme Atlases
1st ed. [print] 2013
Author: Ofri, Danielle